Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clurk get them the Dives makes the cat backhand signed.
Speaker 2: Dustin Off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you. Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 6: I got it?
Speaker 7: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 3: Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do.
Speaker 3: If you won't my spot.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim Kains.
Speaker 1: The road trip continues. Next stop Arizona. Everybody and lookme into my wrong goo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers twenty five and twelve on the season, first place atop the ed L West after taking two and Atlanta, then two of three in Miami. The Dodgers ten game road trip now is in Phoenix for the start of a four game divisional series against the Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount of the series, opener, first pitch from Chase Field coming up at six forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager himself. Dave Roberts will preview this pitching matchup. David Vase will join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Austin Barnes. We got your Dodgers magical moment, we got your prize picks, double play of the Day. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick monday Well. Yesterday in Miami, Nack put up zeros while Freddie Freeman continued his dominance of the Marlins. Landonnack got the start, called up from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, and the right hander with his best outing of the season. He pitched into the sixth, then he no runs, four hits, five strikeouts. Nack didn't get much run support early. The game was scoreless until the sixth when Shoey O'tani tripled one that with one out. Two batters later, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 5: A one pitch to Freddy Hey swingsa lines with.
Speaker 8: The left fielder base hits show Hell come in in scoar.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers take the lead.
Speaker 8: It's won to nothing as Freddy Freeman has driven in his twenty sixth run of the season.
Speaker 1: Freddy Freeman the RBI single Dodgers though one nothing lead. The bottom of the six saw Landing Nack exit the game with nobody out, runners on first and second, but in came Matt sour On in relief, got a double playball and then a strikeout to get out of the jam. In the seventh, the Dodgers had one of those big innings we're so used to seeing. Hayesan Kim and RBI single that got it started. Mookie Betts drough a basis loaded walk that brought in a run. Freddie Freeman then came up with the bases loaded and really busted it open.
Speaker 8: Kim at third, Otali had second, Vents at first, and Lake Bonkers two two.
Speaker 5: Freddy swings and that's in the right center on a base heat.
Speaker 8: It might clear them. It's into the gap. Kim scores o tany round third, he scores. BET's around third, He's gonna score and in the third with a basis clearing triple is Freddy Freeman. It is six to nothing Dodgers. What a day for Freddy.
Speaker 1: Stay hot, Freddy Freeman. Basis clearing triple for Freddy. Dodgers up six to nothing, and they weren't done. Andy Paez in RBI single Dodgers a seven to nothing lead. They sent ten batters to the plate in the seventh inning to open it up. In the ninth, James Autman put the cherry on top of the three run home run. Dodgers up ten to nothing. They'd go on and win ten to one. Landed Neck five shutout innings for the win. Matt Soer four innings of relief for this sake. He gave up an under and run after a couple of Dodger airs in the ninth. Freddie Freeman went three for four. The triple four runs batted in extends his hitting streak to twelve games. Freddie Freeman went eight for thirteen in the three game series against the Marlins with six RBI and two home runs. He has hit more home runs against the Marlins in his career. More than any other player. He loves playing the Marlins. Unfortunately they're done playing them for the year. Dodgers take five of six from the Fish so far this year. Now they're twenty five and twelve on this season, and the road trip continues now in Arizona for a four game series against the Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto. On the mount of the series opening with more, we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 8: We're here at Arizona where the Dodgers start the night twenty five and twelve, most wins in Major League Baseball and the best record a game and a half on top of the Padres and the Giants, and their first meeting with their Divisional four Arizona Diamondbacks, who are one game over five hundred nineteen and eighteen and six behind the Dodgers. For the Diamondbacks tonight, it's the first time this season they will have played a divisional game, so they haven't played anybody in the West yet until tonight. Brandon Fott will pitch. He won both games he started against the Dodgers last year and he leads the National League and wins five and two the Osceanovo Yamamoto coming off a very good start against the Atlanta Braves as four ins, who are the major league best earned run average of zero point nine zero. In most with this game here first of four, important that the Dodgers get something done against the National League West opponent here and the Diamondbacks thinking the same thing.
Speaker 5: They can cut into the lead. And when you start playing your.
Speaker 8: Divisional opponents, these games are much more important being head to head.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, I mean the Diamondbacks there's six ounds, so they're thinking, hey, look if we sweep, we could cut the deficit just to three in trailing either the Dodgers or San Diego. But you're going back to Arizona has not played the Western Division teams. They don't play San Diego until June. They're very similar to what the Dodgers, looking at what they've done against the San Francisco on the schedule itself. One thing on this road trip the Dodgers, while they've won four to six games, they have played some really good games. The two losses were not so good. But one thing about it, they're starting to get some hitting from the top to bottom. Oh, they still need Muncie to come alive. They still need Conforido to come alive. Has a swing of the bad exceptionally well. And for his on Kim, he's in that lineup again at second Baystrin and James Outman, who homered in Miami after getting the call up. He starts in the center field spot in batting night.
Speaker 5: But one guy you hope can be a key is Confordo.
Speaker 8: You gotta figure he's got to get hot at some point, and against Brandon Fought in his career, Confordo's three for seven with two home runs, hitting four twenty nine against him.
Speaker 5: This could be a favorable matchup tonight for Conforta.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I looked at one thing. Also, if we're looking back last year, the Dodgers against the Arizona Diamondbacks attempted fourteen stolen bases. They were successful every time. Is that a dimension that they try and do in this series right here? Of course, you have to get some people on base. Speaking of guys on base, I'm aut Freddy Freeman twelve game hitting street where he's hit four seventy eight. Every time we look up Freeman is either on the bases or circling the bas.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's one of the longest streaks right now in Major League Baseball as far as that's concerned. O'tani almost there. He's hitting ten of his last eleven games. He's had extra base hits in five straight ball games. And it seems like we saw this the last three times in Miami when manager Clayton McCullough called time out, went out there, took the pitcher out, brought somebody into face them. Three times in a row, Otani did damage. He had a double, a triple, in a home run in those three instances.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Are you Are you better off if he just walking or better off just telling you and what you're going to be throwing at.
Speaker 3: That particular pitch. Could it be worse?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: So, Brandon five at five and two against Yoshinobu Yamamoto. That's the pitching matchup. As we get you set for Game one of this four game series the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks, Sim.
Speaker 1: Phoenix, Tim, all right, we're count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from David Vasse, wh'll go one on one with Austin Barnes. We'll break down this pitching matchup. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We got your Otani Rewinda will visit with Kirsten Watson next. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This Low Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Yoshanova, Yamamoo and Brandon Fought the pitching Manja first pitch and Phoenix is coming up at six forty.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewinde to two pitching rope to right field.
Speaker 8: That's into the gap. It's gonna split the outfielders and go to the wall. Around first is Otani. He is speeding up. He's around second on his way to third. Here comes the relay throw. It's cut off and Otani is in with a triple. Show Hey Otani's fourth triple of the season.
Speaker 1: Show Hey Otani yesterday goes one for two with the triple. His fourth triple is Tim Nevert just mentioned score twice walked three times once intentionally by the Miami Marlins. Is the Dodgers beat up the Fish yesterday ten to one.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson take here.
Speaker 1: So now joins us from the desert. Brought to you my Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donations. That's cars with the K to donate your car today. Usually we're talking about Yamamoto Friday nights. Now it's a Yamamoto Thursday night start for.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers exactly all season longness far. But we've been seeing him pitch once a week, and so he's been that Friday night starter with that guy that you knew. You come in Dodger straight him on a Friday night, you're gonna see Yoshio Yamamoto take the ball. But for this considering, they are in I guess now on the back end of a ten game straight stretch. You know, obviously it's been a long road trip, the pitching staff is dealing with some injury, so today he's going to be on you know, a quote unquote regular rest a technically I guess a six day rest compared to that seven once a week, so for him, Dave Roberts did say that as much as this is going to be the shortest amount of rest time in between starts he's had this season, and obviously know how well he's playing, they do not expect for him to have any pitching limits or inning limits.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: If for him, it's just going to be a regular star and it's actually gonna be the same thing for Roki Sasaki as well tomorrow, so they're hoping to kind of get these guys on this now I guess six day routine, so just considering all the injuries to the starting rotation, so we'll likely be seeing a little bit more of this moving forward.
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman loves the Miami Marlin seems to torch them over his course of his career. He's the all time home run hitter against him as an opposing hitter, and he gets that franchise, and now the Dodgers go to the Desert to take on the Arizona Diamondbacks and Freddie Freeman again a place he likes to hit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it seems like he literally leads every stack category here at Chase Field. It's quite ridiculous if you're being honest. But when it comes to Freddy, if you ask him about that, and even what he said about like having, like you said, the most home runs at Londipo Park, it was just kind of like, well, I play them a lot, so I guess that makes sense. And you're like, Okay, sure, I guess that's fair. But it's also because he is on a tear and even just kind of start this season, he outside of just kind of those injuries and kind of you know, freak accidents early in the year, he has been locked in offensively and he even said the biggest thing for him is that he feels like his swing is going good. When he's swinging up the middle, he's staying through it, he's not trying to roll things over. So for him, he does feel like he's actually in a really good.
Speaker 6: Spot right now.
Speaker 9: And I feel like for Freddy Freeman to say that this is a man who's constantly working on things. I think that speaks volumes just as to kind of where he's at at the plate right now. So hopefully he can keep it going and be on a terror. The other thing I guess to kind of keep an eye on is Max Munths. He's also pretty known for dominating here, whether it's against the time like here in Chase Field, he's one to dominate as well, So hopefully he can get some things going as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully he can get going there in the desert.
Speaker 6: Kirsten.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Still to come here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll dive deeper into this opening pitching matchup of this four game series. David Vat saying, goes one on one with Austin Barnes. But up next an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself to Eve Roberts leading up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Thursday night. First pitch with Phoenix cent for six forty of Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: NT this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season law.
Speaker 1: Law Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday, as we lead you up to first pitch from the Desert Dodgers and Diamondbacks Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam four Good Times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Brandon fought the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 4: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. I expect we'll get an update on some of these arms from Dave Roberts and Davidsa but Evan Phillips on the IL with the sore right forearm, Tasker Hernandez on the IL at the left groin strain, Tommy Edmonds on the IEL at the right ankle, Tyler Glass, now Blake Snell, Michael Kopek all training in the right direction. It seems like Clayton Kershaw one more minor league start in Oklahoma City coming up on Sunday, and then he could be back on the eighteenth. Let's head back out to Arizona, though, and check out the Dodgers Gabor.
Speaker 10: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I think it's gonna be a tight series. They seem to bring We've seemed to bring out.
Speaker 10: The best in them.
Speaker 11: Uh, it's an athletic team. I think they really defend well. They're good on the basis and so I like the pitching matchups and it's gonna be a fun serious Do you feel.
Speaker 12: Like it's more of the dynambags still trying to measure where they're at in relation to you guys? Do you feel like that's still the dynamic considering you're the world champs.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think that they got a good club playing in the same division. Obviously there's a lot of familiarity. I think we got a pretty good team as well, So I'm not sure if they're trying to measure to us and or just kind of focus on themselves.
Speaker 10: But for us, I think we just want to play good baseball.
Speaker 12: Kopex opening for Oklahoma City today. How many appearances do you anticipate he's going to need before he can join you.
Speaker 11: Guys, Well, I think if you look at it as a spring training situation, there's probably four or five outings and then it's a real conversation.
Speaker 12: Did Evan have any imaging done today?
Speaker 10: Nothing? I know of, and I haven't seen him yet today. Jacks first games in the division? What's that? I think this is a Dimondbacks first games.
Speaker 6: Or the division?
Speaker 10: Is all right? Wow? Yeah, we haven't had too many either.
Speaker 1: Just three so far for the Dodgers against the Rockies. First take of the Diamondbacks coming up in this series opener. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in when David Vaz say, get you more to lead jump to first pitch from Chase Field and Arizona Dodgers and Diamonbacks. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamonbacks, Yoshinobu Yamamoto Brandon fought the pitching match up first pitch from Phoenix, coming up at six.
Speaker 4: Forty, joining Tim kits on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger inside there. David bas six.
Speaker 1: All right, dv Freddie Freeman twelve game hitting streak. He loves the Marlins, he loves Chase Field and Arizona. Also, is he healthy now or is he just kind of adjusting to whatever that paint is in the ankle?
Speaker 12: Well, that's what I asked him after the game yesterday, because when he was coming off the il, Dave Roberts talked about Freddy having to find a new normal with his right ankle still recovering from the trauma of last year and obviously the surgery and the off season and then the reaggravation slipping in the shower. But Freddie explained that he's his old self doing all this.
Speaker 2: I have done nothing. I think on myself. I'm thinking the same things. My ankle feels good, so I'm hitting three times a day with my knee drills and you know, kind of doing the same thing I've always done.
Speaker 6: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 12: Freddie Freeman's thirty five years old and he's sitting three sixty two with an ops of eleven hundred and only ninety four at bats. He still doesn't qualify for the batting title just yet, but if he keeps this up, he and Pete Alonzo will be the two first basemen in Atlanta when the All Star Game hits.
Speaker 1: David has driven by four. There's one thing we like his choices and certainly like to be a nice choice to have Freddie Freeman in the All Star Game in Atlanta. Again, Fine yours with the four and F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness mark can only be called F one fifty. Evan Phillips on the injured list, David, what's the latest? How bad is this?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we still haven't got a lot of clarity on how bad it is. Talking to Evan and Dave Roberts after the game yesterday in Miami, it doesn't seem like either one is that concern that it's going to be an extended period of time. Of course, Evin Phillips just came back from a right shoulder injury that he sustained during the NLCS last year. I missed the World Series, so it's a little concerning that he's having right four arm issues. But Evan explained that this is something that every relief pitcher goes through when they're building up for the season. It just so happens that it's happening right now for him because his spring training was later than others.
Speaker 13: Yea, what I had been feeling, you know, titaness kind of just generally in my my lower arms of bicep, trice at forearm, and then it's kind of just bounced around a little bit. I've been, you know, getting different kinds of treatment to try to handle it, and I think that was a little bit alarming to the folks in the training room to.
Speaker 3: See me handling things differently. Damn.
Speaker 13: Like I said, just at this stage, there's not willing to take any chances.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Basically, Tim, like Evan Phillips just explained, when he's pitching and he's warming up, no issues. But the issue is the day after he's not able to bounce back and be available if Dave Roberts needs him two out of three games or back to back games. That's the reason why they had to pull the trigger and put him on the IL.
Speaker 1: Well, the two Dodger players struggling offensively, Max Munci Michael Kunfordo has certainly taken a lot of calls on their struggles on Dodger Talk, Are there any other options for Dave Roberts with these two guys David.
Speaker 12: Well in the outfield, the options are a little bit more limited on.
Speaker 5: The active roster.
Speaker 12: Basically, you got Keik Hernandez or Chris Taylor to choose from, especially if you're going to play Kim in center field or's second base. For those that want to talk about Nolan Arenado, the Dodgers treating for him. Scouts around the league have told me his skills decline last year and they have continued to decline this year. A trade for Nolan Aeronato doesn't make sense for the Dodgers in a lot of different ways. The only other option they have, considering the outside market being as thin as it is at that position, is internal where whether it's more Keik Hernandez or even considering calling up Triple A third baseman slash shortstop Alex Friedland who's hitting two ninety one and has played third base, those are the more realistic options. If you want to decline Max Muncy playing time.
Speaker 1: We shall see, all right, David time now for the Dodgers Jrmy brought to you by Santa Anita. When we pick a race at Santa Anita to see who's right in our selections this spring, we are picking the first race tomorrow when racing starts again at Santa Anita one mile race. Currently the seven horses in the field. Who do you like in tomorrow's first race.
Speaker 12: David, well, the number five horses tempting It's titled going Nowhere like my Career or number six. I'm going with Santa Barbarian because I loved the Central Coast all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Gray Thunder, the number two horse, Gray Thunder. Good luck to you, David. Celebrate nine out of four for that nothing. I got nothing for you, nothing, Okay. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing and Santa Nena Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. Don't miss Mother's Day, dining free Fridays with drink specials. So much to check out there. Go to Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deep into this pitchee matchup. You'll hear from Austin Bars, but I'm next your Dodgers Magical moment Dodgers diving backs first pitch of six forty. I'm Tim Kasi's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Faseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamondbacks starting a four game set from Chase Field in Arizona. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Brandon fought the bitchy matchup. Give the series opener. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 10: I h ot a ball.
Speaker 3: Game without a hot dog?
Speaker 5: Who wins a hot.
Speaker 4: Coun It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to last season August thirty first, twenty twenty four, Dodgers in Arizona, taken on the Diamondbacks, a day in which the Dodgers hit not one, not two, but three straight home runs.
Speaker 8: Ready Freeman up, Now East swings hits a drive.
Speaker 5: Dap Bright Center put it me.
Speaker 3: It is three homers in a row to start the ball game.
Speaker 8: Otani, Pitts and now Freeman Absolutely incredible here in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Can you believe this?
Speaker 8: Four hundred and thirty seven feet It cleared the pool in right center field. Three batters, three home runs, three nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 1: That's the way you start a ballgame. Otani bet Freeman bing bang boom, three home runs in a row, last August thirty, first Dodgers in Arizona taking on the Diamondbacks. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Talks, Haffe so cast local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey Hot talks local and so great. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with Rick Monday, and we got your prize picks. Double play of the day that's next to lead you out to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 1: Season log Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Japanese Heritage Night out of Chase Field in Arizona, Yoshinobo Yama Moto on the mountain. Brandon fought. We'll go for the snakes. First pitch coming out at six forty got him with the two for one hard shot to third throws the second Hot in the first double what double toll tas.
Speaker 4: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 1: Are you playing daily fantasy sports? Why aren't you not join me and millions of others at Prize Picks.
Speaker 6: It's free.
Speaker 1: Download the free Prize Picks app, and then when you sign up, use the code go blue and you'll get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Line up again. That's the code go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks, so easy to play. Pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Strikeouts, RBIs, home runs, doubles, first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. It's so easy. You're enjoying baseball games, enjoy it with Prize Picks and use the code go blue. All right, here are my picks tonight. Freddie Freeman, he loves the desert. He's got a twelve game hitting street going more or less half a hit. More than a half a hit for Freddie Freeman. I've also got Yoshinobu Yama Moto seventeen and a half pitching house. I means he's gonna pitch five and two third innings. I say more more than seventeen and a half. Pitching house for Yoshinobu Yama Moto. Join me at Prize Picks, use the code go Blue Prize Picks, run your.
Speaker 4: Game, and now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers continue their longest road trip of the season, four games against the Diamondbacks. First time these two teams are seeing each other.
Speaker 7: Is it this amazing? Here's the other part too. For the Arizona Diamondbanks. This is game number what thirty eight for them, it's the first time they've played a game against a Western Division team.
Speaker 12: It's so strange. I remember Pat Hughes from the Cubs broadcast team telling us the Cubs we're not going to see their rival the Cardinals until June.
Speaker 7: Well, Arizona will not face San Diego until June either, so it's kind of a strange schedule. Are you a fan of the of the current schedule where you played all the teams?
Speaker 3: And I am not.
Speaker 7: It feels like it's I was talking to Bob Brenley, you know, here's a former player, as a former manager and now a broad cancer, a longtime broad cancer in Arizona. Talked to him a little earlier this afternoon, and he's not a fan of it either, he says in his opinion, and I agree with this, he believes it kind of dilutes the World Series because you're kind of familiar with American and national and I would rather.
Speaker 3: See it the other way. But that's just not the case.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: One thing that's interesting about your day today is that you seem to have tapped into catchers, not only Bob Brenley, but also your former roommate and teammate from the eighty one World Series.
Speaker 7: This was a day of catchers, and one picture of Tom Candiotti dropped by.
Speaker 3: But we were took a knuckleballer. Well, we were able to kick.
Speaker 7: Him out soon enough, but it said no one of the good guys. There's no question about that. So we've been kind of following umpires, home plate umpires in particular, and what they have done with the percentage of called strikes accuracy. And then we'll go back to yesterday's ball game. Brian no Norra's the home played umpire ninety one percent. Officially, he missed five on the calls. There was yesterday a perfect score, and that perfect score was by Will Little, who called one strikes in that Philadelphia Tampa game absolutely perfectly. So it led me to a question today when I talked to Steve Yeager, not only a team maybe he was a roommate. So I talked to the Eggs and I said, hey, look we're seeing I did not think that the umpiring was particularly great balls and strikes in that series in Miami. That's my own opinion, and not to be derogatory towards the umpires, but that that's what I felt. Talking to a couple of coaches, they kind of agreed.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I asked Jeg. I said, as a catcher, what did you do if you're making a catch and you know it's a strike and it's called a ball. And he had a funny answer. He said, the first seven innings, he says, I grunted, And I said what He says, Yeah, So if I catch a ball and I know it's a strike and it's called a ball, I would go oh like that, he says. Invariably, the umpire would ask me, what are you grunting? About He said, well, you missed it, you'll kind of stay with it. I said, okay, that's what you did for the first seven innings. Yeah, what about inning number eight and nine?
Speaker 3: He goes. Then I told him what I thought.
Speaker 7: And I told him and I said, well, how did you do that?
Speaker 3: I said, you can't say anything. Were you going to kick out of the ball game? He said no.
Speaker 7: I would just let them know, come on, now, you're got to stay with that pitch. That's a good pitch, and you've been calling it all game long. Come on, stay with me. And then he would say, you know, I can only make you look so good if you keep missing those pitches. He goes, I could that was about the end of it, I said anymore, I said, I could get kicked out of the game.
Speaker 12: Hey, Rick, Steve Jeger, very charismatic guy. I guess you got to have some charisma behind the plate there.
Speaker 7: If you stop and think about that one period of time in there, in the transition between Steve Jeger and Mike Soshi, the Dodgers were really blessed with a terrific catching yeah, and.
Speaker 12: They both had a witty, dry type of sense of humor where maybe they disagree, but they get their message across.
Speaker 7: And in that way, they were both very active and in the games in kind of different ways. And you know, you could look at him, but you know, I thought that was interesting. Yeg was saying, now the first seven ending's I just grunt and then eight and nineties says I let him have.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 12: Thanks for sharing that story with us, Rick, It is a day of catchers. Because Austin Barnes is going to join us later in the show.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tip.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure if that was a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Speaker 1: And I think that was a thumbs up. All right, guys, that's the Dodger game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. Start your future to California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rent. Time to take that next big step.
Speaker 6: Classes.
Speaker 1: They can film quickly, so on Roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We got a preview this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Tim. Never gets you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with the man David Vase was alluding to and Rick was grunning about Austin Barnes. That's next. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamonbacks, I'm Tim Kates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Yo chinovu, ya'm a moodo. Brandon fought the pitching matchup. Hey, Dodger fans, righty to live the Zenchy Suite life. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles. Two premium suite tickets to a game later on this month, complete with Cormet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's exclusive, it's luxury, and it's all just one click away and scan away on your phone. Just scan the QR code when you head to a participating in Role's grocery store and find the Zench counters right It's to the deli counter. You can't miss it, the Zench Sushi counter. Scan the QR code and inter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience. All the details at FI seventy la sports dot com. Zenchi Sushi the contest. Just find a participating in rouse scan the UQR code inter for your chance to win zen She fast, fresh and easy and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player. It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: The Dodger's longest road trip changes scenes. We're in Arizona with the Dodgers Captain, the one and only Austin Barnes. Thanks a lot for the time, Barnes appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for having me on to say, it's always a pleasure.
Speaker 12: Is it awkward when Taoscar Hernandez is doing his rehab and we're doing this pregame interview?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't you keep staring at me all funny?
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want him to hear my interview. You can't hear nothing.
Speaker 5: Why does he have his hands on his hips?
Speaker 6: Is he tired already? It's a big man? Huh, that's a that's a big man.
Speaker 12: How great of a teammate is Tioscar Hernandez?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 14: He's you know, he's always he's the same guy every day. He's always happy, unusually happy all the time, like nothing bothers him. He's got a slow tempo, so you know he's he's a great Teammate's been great to know him, and obviously the stuff he's been doing on the field has been awesome.
Speaker 12: You've been here since twenty fifteen. Is he one of those unique teammates that brings that type of energy every day?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: You know, he brings his own Energy's authentic. He doesn't try to be somebody he's not, and that man could really drive a drive a runner in from second base. That streak he's been on is crazy.
Speaker 12: Austin Barnes is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Yamamoto is on the mound today. Barnes, Why has he been so good? Why is he taking it to the next level?
Speaker 6: I think he's doing more stuff.
Speaker 14: I think he's His confidence in throwing the pitch inside is a lot higher.
Speaker 6: I think he's locating up and in affecting them.
Speaker 14: And the splifpinger has always been pretty good, but it's the cutter has been a lot better this year.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying better. I think it's more confident.
Speaker 14: I think his caviction and is it a lot better so, and I think he's more comfortable his second year. You know, in the States, how he pitched in the you know, one of the toughest places you could pitch in New York in the World Series, you know, and you know, he did great. So I think he's got all the confidence that we're wich you should. He's he's probably one of the best pitchers in the game.
Speaker 12: A lot of these guys that won their first World Series title with you last year, is there something to be said when you come back the next year and you can say world champion.
Speaker 14: Yeah, especially after the you know, the first one too. You know, it's those games are real high intensity. I think it's uh, you know, it's it takes a lot out of you. I think that, you know, the the offseason, especially for pitchers, I think that you know, the bullpen who gets used in those high leverage situations, they you know, they feeled a little bit more than in the offseason the next year.
Speaker 6: But no, we're excited. I think we started off pretty good.
Speaker 14: But you know, obviously we have had our ups and downs, but I feel like we're heading in the right direction.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers have the best record in baseball and everybody's asking what's wrong with the Dodge? Do you feel like the ceiling is that much higher for you guys? Do you feel like once you hit your stride, you're going to be tough to beat?
Speaker 6: I mean that's how it's always been here.
Speaker 14: You know, everybody expects us to win every game, and we expect to win every game. But yeah, I think it's, uh, you know, there's high expectations for this team.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, the fans demand us.
Speaker 14: To you know, win, especially since they got a taste of it, you know, which this team's been really successful for the last ten years or so. And then but yeah, you know, I think when we hit our stride and all some guys are hurt right now that you know we're a dangerous team, I think we could beat it.
Speaker 6: Obviously, we can beat any team anytime.
Speaker 12: Speaking of a lot of teams and the standard you guys have had had a chance to check in with your former teammate Ross Strippling earlier today. He just retired last week. What do you remember the most about Ross as a teammate.
Speaker 14: There's probably two Ross was a great teammate, but two like incidents. It was probably when he threw behind Stan and he and he just looked down the whole time. It was uh if I remember I got in front of standing and and his wife said thank you to me a.
Speaker 6: Really after the game.
Speaker 14: But besides that, I remember he pinched ran too and I hit like a walk off double and he scored it. I liked his little jogg around around the bases.
Speaker 6: But no, he was a great teammate.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: Still really close with Ross.
Speaker 14: Congratulating on a great career and excited for his next chapter.
Speaker 12: Did you think you were going to stop Stanton if he really wanted to go out there?
Speaker 6: I would have.
Speaker 14: I would have been a small speed bump, right, But that's that's also another big man, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah he is.
Speaker 12: Austin Barnes is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Being Will Smith's backup catcher not as easy as it seems, Austin, how have you been able to keep your timing at the plate and still being engaged when you get those opportunities.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I've been in the same position for a while now. Yeah. Sometimes you know, the timing is better than other days.
Speaker 14: Try to go out there and you know, get on time with the picture. Really, you know, I think hitting and and all that stuff is people for you know, think about mechanics all the time.
Speaker 6: But you know, timing is an important part of it.
Speaker 14: And yeah, you know, you just try to go out there, try to be as consistent as you can. You know, it's tough, it's not you know, there's no excuses on you know, playing time or anything like that.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I've been in the same.
Speaker 14: Role for a while now, and I know what it I know what it entails. So but yeah, you go out there. You just try to win the games you play. That's I think that's the mingle.
Speaker 12: Before I let you go being a proud Arizona State Sun Devil, you're further removed from your college days than you were when you first got here.
Speaker 5: Have they retired your number yet?
Speaker 12: What's going on at Arizona State in Austin.
Speaker 6: Barnes is that Andre Ether question? Did he did he phone in right now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I know they're I'm not sure how they're doing anything.
Speaker 14: Statue no statue, but I'm not sure how they're doing. Yeah, a lot of pride for being a sun devil. It was great times there. I love Arizona.
Speaker 12: Did you catch at Arizona State?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's when the when Pat Murphy made me a catcher. He likes to remind me of that too, but you should get him.
Speaker 3: On one day.
Speaker 6: Talk to him. Very intense guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was I like funny for Murph and but yeah, he made me a catcher and that's what I played in college.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 12: Well, when Austin Barnes was traded to the Dodgers, we heard about this young guy that played second base and catcher, but he's found a home. Holy smokes, barn what do you got there on your left arm? It's black and blue?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 14: That that guy hit a fel Wolf mountain arm yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's okay, it's just part of it. But it uh yeah, it's like a little ah got it was a little stinger. You just move on though, all right.
Speaker 12: That's why you're tough, that's why everybody loves you. Thanks a lot for the time, and you will receive a gift card to Canaan Sunglasses.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you. I can't wait.
Speaker 12: There he goes Austin Barnes has been our guest, playing hurt with a bruised left arm doing this interview. Canaan's world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than others and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 1: Wow, big old bruise there on the arm of Austin Barnes. Hope that heel as well. A little Arnica I think will help out on the Bruce. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's a group knight at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Lead.
Speaker 1: You have to first pitch from Arizona Dodgers Diamondbacks up nextll dime deeper in this game one pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's Dodgers and the Diamondbacks start up a four game series from Phoenix first pitch coming up at six forty and.
Speaker 4: Now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup forreshited by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, in playhard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See your Toyota deither today. They make it easy. Brandon fought five and two three seventy nine ERA fifth round picking the Diamondbacks in twenty twenty at a Bellarmune University, making his eight start this year. He his five wins are tied for the national league lead. How about that he's not a lot of home run in three straight home starts. He's walked two or fewer batters in each of his four starts at home this year in four home starts three and one with the two to twenty five ERA, those nineteen strikeouts last time out four two thirty eighty seven runs, nine hit, six strikeouts and a loss to the Phillies. So not off a great outing last time against the Dodgers. Fifth career start, third at Chase Field in two starts in twenty twenty four win two to zero with a three eighty six ERA and seventeen strikeouts. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers, four and two with a sub one er yes point nine to zero ERA. The twenty six year old right hander making this eight start. He currently holds the best ERA amongst major league pitchers and ranked second and baying average against the one to seventy one last time out, six shutout innings, one hit, six strikeouts in a win over the Braves last Friday. He's faced the Diamondbacks twice in his young career in the big leagues. Two to zero, a one to forty six r RA and thirteen strikeouts. Yoshinobu Yama Moto looking for his fifth win of this season. Brandon Fought looking for his sixth win of the season. It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks, first time meeting this year. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys in the game are next of Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 4: Now, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamondbacks Yoshanoba Yamamoto. Brandon fought the pitching matchup in the series opener. Before that, let's ted back out to the two guys in the booth calling the game, Tim neffettrick.
Speaker 5: Monday, Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 8: We're counting down to the first pitch of this ball game tonight, first of four against the Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, back out on the hill, going on five days rest, four and two the record the ERA the best in Major League Baseball. He held the Atlanta Braves hitless for five and two thirds innings. He pitched six scoreless against them, picking up a win in the two to one ball game last time out. Yamamoto, when he throws his off speed pitch, it's hard to differentiate with his mechanics whether it's going to be a fastball or or or a splitter. And this could be a real favorable matchup for him because the Diamondbacks are last in the National League in batting average against the off speed pitches at one ninety one.
Speaker 7: Well, if you look at Yamamoto, it's even the fastball fast balls only a one seventy three batting average against in non fastballs just one fifty two. So if you're Yamamoto, he's been really something to watch over the last five starts, allowed one earned run, no earn runs over his last thirty two innings.
Speaker 3: That he has pitched.
Speaker 8: Dodgers need to get some runs for him right now. He's got the worst run support average among qualifiers in Major League Baseball. The Dodgers have only given him two point zero three runs per game when he's been in there, and they need to start giving him some runs like they put on the board yesterday when they won ten to one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get ready if you're a hitter, because for Brandon Fott, one of the things he's done first pitch imitted batt He's given up a four to eighty batting average against a kickoff the season.
Speaker 5: Brandon Fatto, Hinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 8: That's the pitching matchup tonight, as we get you set for game one of this four game series in Arizona, temp.
Speaker 1: All right, first pitch is next. After the game, David Vassie's got your cover with all the highlights and postgame reaction. Yoshanoba Yamamoto, Brandon Fot Dodgers Diamondbacks First pitches next. Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers audio know