Speaker 1: The DJC Collectible Studio. I'm Midwest professional wrestling legend, gauge octane, and now here's a guy who calls it a deeper dive and immediately jumps in. Kyle Peterson, Welcome every one.
Speaker 2: Kyle here back again with episode number sixty nine of The Kyle Peterson Show. And as usual, we got a girl that has style for Miles. Angie, Angie say hello, Hello, this is the big one. This is the one you've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: I was just laughing because I just say some peanut butter, so I was thinking, I, like, I have nuts in my mouth already.
Speaker 2: Didn't take long. Did you mix the pickle with the peanut butter?
Speaker 4: And I didn't go to it's like a whole pickle.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my snack is pickling nuns. I know That's what I was gonna say. It's wild. She gets a pile, oh boy, and spoons of peanut butter and she just goes back and forth. It's a wild show. It writes itself. That's a weird snack. That's a weird snack.
Speaker 4: Good you did you never have that? Growing up?
Speaker 2: I can't say pickles and peanut butter bananas?
Speaker 4: On toast.
Speaker 3: No, instead of bananas, well, we like that too, but we would also do slice pickles.
Speaker 2: It will chips. And to clue people in a little bit, Angie's dad was actually Elvis Presley. A lot of people don't know that. Of course, did you love the bananas as well?
Speaker 4: So I'm basically redneck? No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: We should get a banana out here. You should show them that trick, that party trick you do with that banana. It's a wild show.
Speaker 4: Maybe say that lots.
Speaker 2: I guess with the banana. I didn't know bananas had eyes. But you know, we know what you know, I know what you mean. But Angie's here, She's going to try to rally Angie. You can admit it. You're extremely tired today. She's very cranky, let me tell you. And she's going to get a mid year performance review before you know it, and we might do it on We might have to. But Angie, just keep up the good fight. Just smile and laugh along and be okay. I'll only take you about an hour here today, only about an hour like this the whole time I smile. She's just gonna zone it.
Speaker 4: Actually, just like can you even do that where you just like set me into it. I'm not really like doing anything.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we can find a way somebody talented enough to do that, Angie. But we're gonna get down to business here this week. And Angie, either this week or next week, we're gonna have to film two episodes back to back because I have some travels going on. I have to go travel and do all kinds of stuff. And Angie, there's a lot of dare I say, power moves going on in the background right now. There's a lot of power moves going on in the background right now, and unfortunately, one of those power moves is going against me. Usually they're going for me, but this one's going against As you're watching this the week you're watching this, as it drops on Tuesdays of course, San Diego Comicon Week. I should be in San Diego. I should have my toes in the sand. I should be looking at that beautiful ocean and all the toys and all that stuff. So I'm gonna miss out.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Todd already texts me a couple Kyle haven't got the RSVP for the party, And I said, Todd, I am boycotting the party this year because I wasn't allowed to plus one. There's supposed to be a plus one and Angie was gonna come. So I'm sure I could have worked that out with the McFarland team. I think I could have got a plus one. It would have been really awkward to have to have Angie stand outside the door. You stand outside the door, you can look at peeping in the people, and I'd be getting all the food and drinks and the snacks in the room, taking a nap. She'd be like, okay, can I Is it okay if I just sit in this chair and I won't leave and I'll put a blindfold on if you want me to. She'd be like, I'd be okay with that, But I'm missing out on that. I'm missing out on the Hasbro breakfast. I'm missing out with the Mattel guys saying hi to them, new friends, old friends, friends from Afar Stengoli's going to be there, and I'm going to miss out on all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So kind of like when you did that, matel revealed I didn't go in through the when you did the run throughs, I.
Speaker 2: Just laid on a couch and yeah, she ate the snacks I could have gone in.
Speaker 4: I don't think they cared.
Speaker 2: And Mattel even ordered Angie Starbucks that was very nice soup. But they're like, sorry, you can't go in. We're gonna and it's like, no problem. I don't want to go in there anyways. Later, this couch looks pretty nice. I think I'll stay on my phone and drink my Starbucks and put my feet up. I think I'm fine. So there it is. But there's some power moves going on in the background. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, and maybe one day people will find out. You think they will, Yes, you think they will find out. I don't know unless I get hit by a bus. But there's some power moves going on and more more sooner than later, or something more to come, hopefully. Episode six. You just watched the Eye, right, Angie found that out the wrong way the other night. Unfortunately, poor thing. Poor thing still haven't recovered. But Angie, we've got a few things to talk about. We got an interesting try new foods this week, a cold one but perfect for the summertime. Really, I would say we got a story time with Kyle that involves buffaloes, not the wings actual buffaloes, the actual animal, so we'll get into that. We got final thoughts. We got a special album of the week. I just got done listening to this morning as I was working away at the computer. And a whole lot more as well. But a little housekeeping this week, Angie. First, we better say it, and you know what, We're gonna do a giveaway. How about it, Angie, do it. We're gonna give a giveaway. Episode sixty nine. That's a perfect time for a giveaway.
Speaker 4: It's me. It's one night with me.
Speaker 2: It's one night with Angie. Trust me, you don't want it. It sounds like a great time that she'll probably say, Well, it's about six o'clock. I better turn in. I better turn in for the night.
Speaker 3: I only take five minutes and then I'll be making it like buy me stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the thing. Can you afford it? Can you afford it? At the end of the day. I don't think you can. I don't think you can't. But he can. I can't, that's for sure. But we're gonna give this book away.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: We got a stack, I got some extras. It is the complete Guy to the ECW original San Francisco toy Maker's book softcover edition available on Barnes and Noble and Amazon. He support the channel supporting Angie out pick up a copy, but I'm gonna give one of these away to want to use. What do you guys or gals? Could be a could be a gal? All you gotta do is put a what do we want to do something in the comments of this very video, and the Angie's gonna pick the best comment or the best question. Maybe what do you think?
Speaker 4: I have no idea?
Speaker 2: Well there is, there's no clue.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say something inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, watch out, Uh do questions? Maybe we'll do Actually, that makes a lot of sense because we're gonna have to film ahead a little bit, so maybe we'll have a segment of extra Q and a's if any come in. You never know, maybe won't get any, but uh, put your question in the comments down below of the YouTube video or email the Kyle Peterson Show at gmail dot com with your question and we'll rattle through them, and Angi's gonna have to make the decision on the best question, and that winner will get that book. So join in on the fun, all that kind of fun stuff along the way. And check out Patreon while you're at it. Your best way to support this YouTube channel, the podcast channels, all points in between. Patreon is the place to go, and of course Patreon to giveaway for the month of July. It's the Ultimate Warrior Papa Shango call Greatest Grudges ninety two Ultimate two pack. That's the giveaway for July. So get in on that over on Patreon of course, and support the channel. And I should make note Angie, I know you were gonna say it. I don't want to steal your thunder on this one, but somebody's got you sometimes. If you guys are listening to this on the podcast stream, I will and I have started to put my news videos. So if I do my toy news every week or an emergency toy news, I am putting those up on the podcast stream. So if you want to hear it while you're driving to work, you want to hear it while you're working and as you're doing a night jog or something like that, you can't listen to the podcast and next week or I guess this week, technically, as we're filming this santiocomic con, I should have a lot of toy news videos. I have to imagine. I'll probably put those all up on the podcast feed. So there you go, Angie. I know you were excited about all that. That's wondering. And we're thinking about doing a special monthly episode called The Angie Peterson Show, and it's gonna be only like twenty minute show, but she's getting twenty second. Maybe she's gonna do it. I forget you have a co host picked out yet. If you had to pick a co host, who would it be?
Speaker 4: Emma?
Speaker 2: Emma as your co host? That's too wild, that'd be too bitch of a wild card. I think I saw her practice in flipping the bird earlier today. Is that what she was doing? Well, what she was doing. I walk in and it looked like she was flipping you and l off. I said, what's going on here? And I grabbed her from behind supplexter That's what I did. But there it is. Check out Patreon once again. Like I said, a very busy week this week, and it's going to be busy the rest of the summer. You know, it's great to be busy. I figure what they say, like it's good to be there's a saying about like why it's good to be busy. I don't agree with that saying it's not just what my grandma might say. And I didn't disagree with my grandma very often. That could be something i'd maybe disagree. But the sad thing for me is my whole summer feels like it's spanished. I feel like I haven't done anything. I feel like I'm missing out. I was just telling you yesterday, I have a jeep Wrangler I bought with my own money, Yes, my own money. I worked one full year at a grocery store. I still lived with my parents at the time, and I was the youngest manager in the history at that time, and I paid for a brand new g Wrangler that I built to my own specs and everything, and back then you lived with your parents. I had to pay car insurance and gas. Those were my only bills. And I think I was making like thirty three thirty six thousand dollars a year, as like a seventeen year old kid, And that was a lot of money when you don't have bills like I think about that now, if you're like thirty six or thirty six year old, you're making thirty six thousand, that doesn't go very far. But if you have zero bills, that's like a million dollars. That's like a million dollars, and even more so back in the in the day. But I've only got that yellow Jeep out twice this year.
Speaker 4: That's that.
Speaker 2: It's very depressing. And you know what else is even depressing. In August, that vehicle will be like twenty six years old and I have twenty four thousand original miles on that. That says a lot about things. So it says a lot about different things of my life, I think, is what that says. That things should have one hundred and twenty six thousand on it. Don't even get me started on my wagon ear, don't do it the Jeep Commander or the Jeep Compass while we're at it, don't get started on that. And don't even want to hear about the Ford Fusion. We're just driving that fusion till it blows up, is what we're gonna do. And it might be there soon. I got eight hundred miles till the next oil change. I'm gonna say, guys, there's something going on. It's a little loud. When I hit sixty something going on here. I think there might be a bomb inside. Can you test it? I don't know. I don't know. But Angie, another thing, of course, I complain a lot in my toy videos from time to time. Drives me absolutely crazy because I don't know about you, but I have to be in a lot of these meetings, in conference calls and zoom meetings and team meetings and live in person meetings. I feel like I'm in a meeting every other day. Get relaxed, put that elbow on there, and I miss out on a lot of pre orders and stuff, and it drives me absolutely crazy. Because today she did get my big bird is that we're calling it these days? Whatever? That's good. Well, I can't wait, but that's good news. That's good news. Need I needed to pick me up.
Speaker 4: But there was like going, oh, you miss a lot of stuff for you.
Speaker 2: I miss a lot of stuff, and unfortunately it's a brutal world I'm in right now. But I missed another thing here today, Angie. On a conference call I was on and I'd been talking to you about this. You didn't seem too keen on the idea, and there was definitely pros and cons to this. But if you guys are real ones, you probably heard out there on social media that Thursday as we're filming this Angie, there was at ten am our time, you know where this is going. I was on Oh perfect, even better, there was Olive Garden all you can eat pasta pass and it was one hundred dollars and you had to be eighteen and over and you can only get one pass, so you would have to get your own pass at the same time. But they only had like ten thousand passes and I totally spaced it off after my conference call. I just checked a little bit ago. It said I was six hundred six thousandth in line or something, so I'm pretty sure they're sold out by this point here six hundred thousandth in line or I forget. It was something absolutely ridiculous. I did not get the pasta pass and we were kind of doing the math on it. You can eat there twice a day. With that, you have to bring your ID. It's like ninety six days for the promotion. But you could literally eat Olive Garden twice a day for free after you're paying one hundred bucks. And it was something if you ate it every single day for twice a day, it was worth like two thy seven hundred dollars, which that's a heck of a thing. But Angie, now we are going back and forth. It sounds like a great thing. Breadsticks, salad, it's great. You enjoy the oligrond, it's a little bit of pastave. There's like fourteen varieties to change something. It sounds like a great thing. But the problem is you're gonna gain a ton of weight, yes, pasta. It's like, you know, we're not younger, We're no spring chickens, Angie. You know my himp and back and knees can't take that. And I'm just I'm seconds away from a walker and a follow up to But I'm still getting reels and Instagram things about old people, like they think I'm one hundred years old, Ben soars. So I'm gonna be a pro. Cannot take time, Oh my god when when I'm old, though, I'm gonna be a pro. At the walker. I'm gonna like, I see so many of these things where people like push the walker, you need to like walk with the walker. You don't push the walker, you walk with the walker. So I'm an expert atcheson. Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm gonna be a pro when the time comes. But we were going back and forth. It's like I would love to go that Olive Garden, but is it gonna be worth the money? And I think I think.
Speaker 4: If we went the money, if we won't be worth the big back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd have to like go on to like a walk every time after and I barely eat at this point. I'm fueled on monster and beef jerky at this point here, I'm not living a good life right now.
Speaker 4: I saw you could add like protein to it, though.
Speaker 2: You could meet but there's a lot so anyways, it's all in the ether now because we're not going to be able to do it, so thank god, I kind of wanted to. I thought it'd be fun. That could be something fun where we did like Olive Garden of the week of what we had and then weigh ourselves before and after and then do like the Biggest Loser and see who can lose the weight the fastest.
Speaker 4: You will, you can start, you can have more stress in your life.
Speaker 2: So I mean eating myself. I'm eating myself alive. I don't know. So we missed out on that. Unfortunately we missed out. But one thing we didn't miss out this week was a double trip to the dentist. Tangi. We went to the dentist twice this week and there was a lot of hubbub around this house there. We were going to say that we were no longer going to go to this dentist because our dentist died. He died, right, didn't he die? He died right.
Speaker 3: It's so questionable because when they retired she mentioned him in the letter like.
Speaker 4: He was still alone.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 3: But the couple that owned it one had a stroke and retired and then his wife took it over and then supposedly he died.
Speaker 2: But then when she sold.
Speaker 3: The practice, basically they sent on a letter being like thanks for me and John, from me and John for everything, or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: She made it sound like he was still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a little confused. There might have been like possibly a move to like the Islands, and maybe some life insurance policies. Were not exactly sure, but it was very inconvenient. We've talked about this for years and I don't think we're the only one. A good friend of the channel, Mike Capadre of mine, you know, Mike, we were talking about that. He moved to like five years ago, and he still drives forty minutes to his old dentist because he's like, man, every time the dentist point comes up, I need to switch this, I need to gets more closer here, and then you do it, and then you forget about it, and then too.
Speaker 4: Far in between that you forget.
Speaker 2: It is and it's just and that's where we've been saying it forever. We need to and we're like, this is probably a perfect time. The dentist died, they retired, it's probably perfect time to switch. This is our way out. And then Angie said, well, let's go the first time here. So we go this week to the dentist. And of course, you know me, like it's like a two hour window. We take the two kids and Angie, I always go last because I'm in meetings, I'm in all this, so I always have to drive separate. So it's always like Kyle's here, Oh my gosh, they're closing it for and I'm sweating. I'm looking at the clock, I'm cruising down the street trying to get there in time. Luckily I beat it. I got in there. But it was a whole weird thing. I don't even know. They like they cleaned my teeth, but they didn't. It was a weird thing. I'm not sure what was going on, but they're like, you got those chip tooth and real ones of this podcast. Know how many episodes ago? You think that how many episodes ago you think that.
Speaker 4: Was too many.
Speaker 2: Early on in this very thing, we did a try new food segment and I finally got to try a zagnut. I want to try a zagnot forever. I've never had one since, and I literally chip my back tooth biting into that. On this very podcast. Well, they were tired or double booked us or whatever. I was supposed to go to the dentist six months ago. They said, hey, we can get you in another week later. I was out of the country on a vacation or I don't know. I was out of the state, I think on work duties, and I just said, forget it, I'm not gonna go. I'll just miss six months and I'll go six months later or whatever. So that's what I did, and that's what led us to this thing. So they're like, oh, we need to fix So this is the other thing about this dentist thing. So I don't know if it's good orbout. We're are old dentist people like on the outsite not very good because they weren't sealing the kid's teeth. They weren't doing like things, and like this new dentist is it? Like okay, they're new. They're trying to get all the money, like, oh, you do these extras, you do this. I felt like they were nikeling and diamondus left and around, like there's some tom foolery going on. Why didn't the old ones ever do all this? And they did all of it to all of us here we got all this stuff, and I have pretty good teeth, and they said, well, this is starting to wear it out in the back, and we're gonna get ahead of it. We're just gonna put like filler in it or whatever it was, and we're gonna saw down your other teeth and make sure there's no issues because it'll eventually get into your nerve like a whole thing. I'm like, whatever, do it? Are you gonna be okay with the need On'm like, just do it. I don't care. I want the pain at this point. I want to feel that I'm alive. Give it to me and that's Angie. She's like, I don't need novacaine. You got like a filling or something with no Notegame said, yeah, saved me the hundred bucks. I don't eat it. Angie doesn't mess around. She's thinking about getting her wisdom teeth out with no novacaine, no nothing, She's just gonna go a raw dog.
Speaker 4: But now no sedation.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah she I don't know how that's gonna go. We're gonna follow up on that later. So Angie might be geting her wisdom teeth out. So that might be an interesting episode where Angie just sits here and doesn't say a word. That'd be a perfect episode for you love it. So we'll see what happens with that. But then we had to go back. So we went on there and they cleaned us foreverything. We all had to come back the next day, same thing once again. Kyle down to the wire. It's like they close at four o'clock. I'm like, well, I'm in meetings. I got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: You get pretty good.
Speaker 2: You got there like three ten, down to the wire and uh yeah, they did all my stuff. Everything was fine. They got real for everybody. But it was weird, and I don't like this. I don't like doctors and people that are younger than me, and it's a weird thing that I can't wrap my hand. I feel like I'm in better hands when people are older than me. And I always say that at like work too. I always took comfort like saying there's always somebody older and smarter than me here. And now I'm understanding there is nobody smarter than me. I'm the smartest guy in the room. It's a tough thing. It's a tough thing to grasp and like you look around, you're just like, I'm the smartest guy here. I'm just the smartest and for sure in this room right now, I'm the smartest guy. But the young dentist, nice kid, nice kid, cute kid, cute kid.
Speaker 4: And he did good.
Speaker 2: He did good, he did great. I don't know. I was kind of mad the whole time.
Speaker 3: He can tell he's like smarter, like we were never as like, never as book smart as he was.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say you could tell I was mad, because I was. I was kind of fuman, I was smoking, I was I was pretty upset. I was pretty upset the whole time. And the nurse or whatever that lady is. She's pretty nice, but she's like one of those ones that po the bear and kind of jokes around with you and stuff. And see, I like that. I don't like that. I don't want anybody to talk to me. Just don't talk to me. I just I'm just here. Just just do your thing. But Angie love it. You guys are just find people.
Speaker 3: Like like we came in. There's kind of music a little louder than it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was like smooth R and B. It was weird. It's a weird deal. I liked them, but Angie was like, yeah, we're staying with this dentist. I like it. My people. Yeah, Angie enjoyed everything. They had a dog in there, like a bulldog. It was honestly for aesthetic. Yeah, I really could care less. I don't care. I'll go wherever you want to go.
Speaker 3: But honestly, they did more for our teeth that visit than our other dentist has done for us in eighteen years.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing is two days in a row we went there. It was only one hundred and twenty seven dollars after insurance. I have no idea how that works. So I'm expecting a big bill on the back end. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just picky about the way your teeth looked more like cosmetically too, so like a lot of things they were filing and stuff just to make them look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an interesting couple of days at the dent is what that one was. So it is what it is. But the dentist visit was a big part of the week. And then Angie were twenty minutes into the housekeeping. Here We've got one more and this is more sad for l but I wanted to mention this one here. Did you know a great New Zealand actor, Sam Neil died this week? Okay, do you know who that is? The guy from Jurassic Park? Oh you know?
Speaker 4: Oh the really old guy.
Speaker 2: Not the old old guy, not the welcome No, the doctor. Was it Alan Grant or something like that? The main character in the first Draftic Park movie there was the blonde haired chick and then him you were the hat and not the old guy with a white beard. But I saw Jurassic Park once. That's when it came out and I've never seen it since. But he did die this week. He died of pneumonia. And that's what's going to get me. And that's the sad.
Speaker 4: Thing, is what is with pneumonia taking everybody out?
Speaker 2: It'll get you if you got those bad LUNs, That's where I'm going to go. I've had it numerous times.
Speaker 4: It almost people are getting so septic.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the worst. But yeah, pneumonia almost killed me twice. The third time is the charm. So I'm fully expecting that in the decade or so. So we'll see if I can survive. Hopefully I don't pull a Sam Meal, but when you get old, it's tough to recover. I know how it is. But he passed away, so poor went out for old Sam Neil. But it reminds me whenever I see him. I don't think of Jurassic Park. I think of a movie called Possession, and Angie says, I don't know what a possession is, but it's a like a movie from the eighties. I don't know if it was like a New Zealand movie or whatever. It's one of those like horror movies. It's not like there is some horror, but it's like more psychological horror and it's stuck with me ever since. It's like him and his wife have like a great relationship, very loving relationship, and then this like demon like monster gets inside of her and like her personality just changes. To me, like, yeah, it sounds like Angie did that for sure. But it's really creepy. It's like it's a weird thing. It's a very it's a very weird, unsettling movie. It's very am I are you gonna tell me something?
Speaker 4: He asked me all the time. Are you Are you an alien?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know because they say aliens are among us and I always tell you just said you know you can level with me. I'll be okay with it. I'll be all right. Are you someone? Just are you? You? Just tell me? You Just let me know if you're an alien or not, if you're even a reptilian. I don't care. Give me a little k It's like I'm not telling anybody. Just clue me in. And I said if I was, I would clue you in.
Speaker 4: Just peel your mask back.
Speaker 2: And I'm still not sure about my dad because we hear about these Nordics and they're like really tall, and like, I'm not sure if I'm a hybrid. I think that's most likely. I'm a hybrid because my whole family are giants, and I'm the little guy at six foot one, I'm the little guy of the family. My dad's six foot eight, my grandpa was six six. I mean he's shrinking. He's ninety nine years old. He's going to celebrate the big one hundred. That'd be a great guest on this podcast where he hits one hundred. We'll get him in here and he'll he'll tell you some stories. Let me tell you, let me tell you, uh, talk about Mike issues.
Speaker 4: Nobody would be able to hear him. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see. But he's pretty sharp. He loves to watch those cubs old Grandpa Peterson, So I don't know. But Samuel died. And if you've never seen the movie Possession, it's very unsettling, and he's in it. He does a good job in that movie. It's just very unsettling. It's it's a weird movie. I've never It's a movie that made me feel weird, which is good. Like when you feel that's that's good, that means it's a good movie. I guess I don't know. I don't know anything to add to it. Angie, you got anything you want to get off your chest? I don't think so. You think you're good. I know you're very tired.
Speaker 4: I think I got everything else.
Speaker 2: What do you want to eat to dinner? For dinner tonight? She wants to go to this like barbecue chicken place thing, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got a deal on wing.
Speaker 2: They got a wing, a boneless wing. So I don't know. I don't know where that's going. I have a feeling I'm gonna be out voted and have to take her there. But the only nice thing about that is Walmart's right down the road and I need to go look for these Walmart shipper of wrestling figures.
Speaker 4: So and Ja's is right across the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got a film like four videos tonight too, So we better get We better get crack a lacin as they say, you better get going. But Angie, you know what, it's time. It's time to try new foods because it might taste good. Brought to you by Deutsch Snacking Dough. Use the link in the description down below, Support the channel and save.
Speaker 1: They stand adad Altoda.
Speaker 2: They stand an. We gotta jine an. It's time of try new foods because it might taste good. And we got the perfect snack. I get snack. I guess it's a snack that works for the summertime heat. It's like ninety plus degrees around here, probably hot where you are as well. I'd have to imagine it the heart of the summer, unless you're in Antarctica, the North Pole, I don't know, Australia, I don't know. But anyways, we got something special, Angie. What do we got this week?
Speaker 4: Fruit ryot? We got sour pineapple and sour.
Speaker 2: Great fruit riot. So what exact about this?
Speaker 4: Ema broke into them?
Speaker 2: So what do you have not tried them? What exactly is this?
Speaker 3: It's basically real fruit with a sour like coating on it, and then that's in your freezer section.
Speaker 2: Now would you call this the definition of a sakadauci?
Speaker 4: No, it's not a hard candy.
Speaker 2: That's a hard candy. That's exactly right. That's Dutch. And you know what they say, if you're Dutch, you're not much. I think that's what a crazy she told me that once upon time. I think my dad would co sign that I think I don't know.
Speaker 4: This one's actually got the sour patch kid.
Speaker 2: Sour Patch Kid a fine Mandalese product. Well, let's go with that one first, huh? Or you think we should go regular first? Forty five calories per they're a big thing. It looks like a strawberry, is what this looks like. You've got a little texture. That's right.
Speaker 3: You can eat five to seven for forty five calories and then there's only three sugar in it.
Speaker 4: That's weird. WHOA which kind did you try?
Speaker 2: Or which one I'm going to do?
Speaker 4: The pineapple with the yellow king? Mm hm, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, it's the hard times here, very sour. Oh my god, there my high school teachers throwing a fit right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Here's the thing, here's the thing. I can take the sour. These should be smaller sized. These are too big. They should be smaller little balls or something. And the problem is depends what kind of a person you are. Are you normal like me? Or are you an animal? Are you an animal biting into like like think of a popsicle. Do you suck on the popsicle or do you just bite and snap it off and start chewing it? That's what that's like. You're chewing a popsicle, is what that's like. I don't like that. I don't like it. It's cold on my teeth. I don't like the feeling of biting into a popsicle. So that's pretty rough. I like the sour. I'm good with it. I think this would be way better if they were smaller pieces, because you basically have to throw the whole thing in your mouth. It's sticky, it's wet, it's cold s ice cream.
Speaker 3: I don't know how realistic is, but if they sat out of the fridge for like freezer for like thirty minutes, it would be better.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They would be very sticky. These are better now, these ones. Let me look inside there. Yeah, those are the sour ones have huge pieces, huge chunks. This is more what I'm thinking of here. It's like a grape.
Speaker 4: I think these are more like traditional what people are used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're gonna try this one here. Yeah, hmm, sour pineapple maybe the.
Speaker 3: I can't tell if these are all grape grapes, purple grapes or green grapes.
Speaker 2: That one's better. A grape is more manageable size in your mouth, and of course, ANGI is a girl that it takes some big walnuts in your mouth. As we've seen, I don't like the you don't like either of them.
Speaker 4: I don't think I love the fruit. But the sour coating is too much for man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like a more salty coating. Maybe my eyes water not first.
Speaker 3: Time, but yeah, the sour grapes are one hundred times better the pineapple. Just like the internal texture is like too hard. These stay a bit soft, so they're more of like a chew yep.
Speaker 2: But what are you gonna do on the sour ones, the big ones? What would you say? Like a two? I'm going one one out of five? And then what about those?
Speaker 4: I guess the three. I mean they're good for what they are.
Speaker 2: I'm going to three out of five. I think these ones deliver. They got the nice sourness to them, very sour, softer, easier. It's like a sour grape is kind of what it is. This is just too much, too big, too melty, too sticky, and.
Speaker 3: The sour patch coating is more harsh, yeah than whatever they put.
Speaker 2: On that very harsh. That's a wild one. That's a wild try New Food segment there, but perfect to cool you down on these hot summer days.
Speaker 4: That's what I guess kids are running like as I guess.
Speaker 2: So there it is angels trying new foods because it might taste good. We got a one out of five, a three out of five, and a two out of five and a three out of five from you. And that's where we leave it. But Angie, it's up next. Brought to you by Decade. I wear scan the QR code saved ten dollars. It's time story time with Kyle. All right, Angie, it's time for story time with Kyle. And Ang's already assumed the relaxing position right there. She's ready to go, and I'm gonna wow you with a story of my past. Angie. Sit down and tell me if you've heard this one here before. But this one very fresh in the news this week as we're filming, as it's been on social media, on the news. We've seen it and the Angie's even seen it here. Did you see it? Was it in Yellowstone? I think it was Yellowstone or Jellystone maybe a national park, I'm not sure, Yogi Bear maybe, but it was a buffalo and it was this old man that was kind of was he like taunting the buffalo a little bit teasing it? Maybe a little bit. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear it with audio, so I was just watching him like film it from far away, and then eventually like it clipped and got it.
Speaker 2: He was so long story short, there was a buffalo a bison. If you want to beautiful, you know, that's the one thing I missed. There used to be a chain. Maybe it's still around. It's not Nario. It's called Fudruckers. And I always got the bison burger there because I was lifting hard at the time and bison's good meat for that. But I always love a bison burger, love a bisonber I haven't had one in a long time. I need to get back on that horse maybe, but that bison meat. When I was really working out hard in college, it was extremely cheap to get the bison meat, very nice, very lean, And then people in the health food stuff said, oh my gosh, this is great, skyrocketed in price, ridiculous. But neither here nor there. But this guy was like taunting Tea's the buffalo. Whatever happened, This buffalo is chasing their playing ring around the Rosie is what it looked like for a while. And then that buffalo got him and shot him up in the air and gave him one of those horns and like one of those hooks, almost like a rhino, does you know, And he goes flairborne, flying up there and landed. It was a whole thing. They said they aren't going to euthanize the bison, which I don't think that I should ever. I mean, it's just let him be free in his yellowstone or whatever. But that guy went for quite the wild ride, and it reminded me, of course, story time with Kyle Angie reminded me of a wild ride back in college. You remember college, Angie, Oh, it was a wild time. Yeah, Angie remembers it less than I do, I'm sure, but it was a wild time. And I was a guy said how do I get through college as fast as possible? By taking easiest classes? That's how you do it. And I took one. It was called like ecology or something like that. It was like we learned about prairies and like wildlife, and we'd go on all these field trips and we'd go to like a marsh and we'd go to like the wetlands, and we went to this one like nature preserve in our area, and they had buffaloes there and nearly enough, just running free throughout there like a young iron maiden, those buffaloes running all around. And we went there and we went to like the thing the observatory, and we looked at these like there's binoculars all over attached. You'd look at birds and oh, there's the bald eagle. There's all this. So we spent half a day there and then the second half of the day we went back out into like it's a huge prairie, of course, and life on the prairie. It's kind of like little house on the prairie without the houses, is what it was. Kind of like never seen that one, but Laura Ingalls Wilder, I think, is what. And my Grandma Peterson shout out to her. She loved the little house on the prairie. She would have been smiling at that thing. And I couldn't be bothered with the little house in prayer. You watch that show. Michael Landon was in Highway to Heaven, of course, and then there was that guy from Highway to Heaven that always wore the a's hat. It all links together, of course, but lots a mash in my house. Oh, I could see that your dad loved some mash, of course. But we went out there in search of the buffalo. We were gonna wander out where. We're gonna watch them, you know, observe the buffalo. And this thing. The crazy thing about this, though, was we were in with of those big yellow school buses, you know, we were on a field trip. And this is college too. This is like I was. I was like, I was probably eighteen, maybe nineteen maybe, I mean, and college is weird too, because you'll get people that are This is the same class where I think we were talking about a early story on the podcast where the girl begged for her life and said I have two kids when I threatened to eat her. Remember that one, Yeah, I have two probably I have two kids. I'm like, I thought you were death and I thought I was telling everybody that. But and I said, don't worry, I'm not going to eat you. We never did. We never resorted to cannibalism on that field. But it was the same class. And we're out in this buffalo area. It's pouring down rain now, Angie. Angie was right, I was giving her a hard time. It's pouring now, So there it is. If we lose power, we know what to do. We know what to do. But we're out there in this yellow school bus out in the middle of the prairie and we come across a herd, a buffalo or bison. I'm not sure the difference exactly. Is it interchangeable? It sounds right, But we're out there and we see them. They're all laying down. If you ever seen like cows laying in the pasture, you know, they're just kind of like side laying and looking around, and that's what they were doing. They were all laying there. But we noticed there was one really big one and the rest were pretty small. So you probably know where this is going. We're out there on there. They stopped the bus and we're all observing, you know, you pulled it like the windows that pull down on the bus. We're all looking out there and stuff, and this mom buffalo is given the same looks that he gave this guy in the video there and did not like us being there. And you could tell once we got up close enough. These are all her new babies. You know, I don't know how old they are. I didn't ask our age, but they were definitely small, little And what do you think that mom buffalo thought? This big yellow bus here, whatever this is, this is a predator trying to get to my babies. And we saw what this buffalo did to that old man. He did something very similar to our school bus. But it was one of the greatest things I have ever seen in my life because this buffalo and her kids kart walking up and kind of right around the bus, and the kids are all on the like dirt path road, so like the bus can't go forward because it's going to hit these I'm sure if you would start inching, they would move, you would think, but they're young. I don't know. But what do you think that mom one did? She started ramming the heck out of the bus. She went full speed into the side of the bus, hitting it. And we're just in this bus like this and it's just rocking back and forth. Every time it hits it just rocks, and I'm loving life. I'm in the back. Oh my gosh, this is great. The teachers like, everybody sit down, hold on. And then the bus driver's just like, how am I going to explain this? This guy like I don't get paid enough for this, but I think the buffalo hit us like four times on the side of the bus and huge dent imprint all this kind of stuff. But the crazy thing about it was the teacher like had to call like our parents and stuff, which is weird. We're in college here, Like what if my parents are dead. I'm an old man, I'm in college. I'm eighteen. I would get in fend for myself. But they had to like send a message to like art because everybody in the college had like something happens, here's the emergency contact or whatever. And I remember they had to send something off to my parents, Like we had an incident out on the wild Wife Refuge where the buffalo attacked the bus but it was still drivable. We drove home with it. And I can only imagine where that one went with the deemed up side stuff and how that guy explained, well, yeah, sure he did, Bob, I'm sure flow got you. Would you side swipe a tree? You ben take a little of the medicine on your downtime? What's been going on over there? But uh, it was a wild time. That was a lot of fun. And my buddy Danny was in that class. I mean, I had a bunch of friends in that class, so that was a good time. But I remember just loving it, like just thinking back kind of a stupid kid whereverybody's flipping out and I'm like, yeah, this is awesome. Oh my gosh. But that's the way you are when you're young and still are from time, and it would still be a cool thing. And it's funny is I was never once worried that he was gonna flip the bus or it was a big It wasn't a short bus. A lot of people would accuse me of being on a short bus. But it was a long bus. It didn't flip it, but it rocks side to side. I mean that thing. You've been on a lot of bus chips, Angie, You've been on a lot for the basketball team and stuff. You'd drive and oh what would you guys do for fun on the bus back? Then you'd eat. You also said, you guys all practice kissing back there too, on each other. You guys got really good on that, you know. I just only imagine that.
Speaker 3: We'd hang our jerseys out the window and then like close the window. So they were like, oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, that would be.
Speaker 4: So we're just all running around in our bro.
Speaker 2: I can see I can see it, wild time, wild time. But there it is, Angie, Buffalo Manage. You got any Buffalo stories outside of going to Buffalo Well Wings and doing reviews on our second YouTube channel?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 2: Do you think I should sell my second YouTube channel? Yep? Oh, we might be selling. We might be selling Kyle Peterson two point eight. It is a thing. There might there might be a possible offer on the table, might be selling it off. We'll see what ends up happening. I don't know. I don't know. It feels weird, it feels weird, but we'll see what happens. You better subscribe to Kyle Peters A two point oh one day. It might be something totally different. Oh, don't make it feet. People are just up in arms about you showing your feet like I didn't even I didn't even think about it, Like I just posted as just a funny picture, and oh my gosh, look at this, Oh my disgusting. But when you wear just a bikini top, you know, there's a few people that say it, but you got more negative hate. Don't show that foot, don't do it, but you got I got more negative stuff about you showing your feet. Man, they should see my foot that's what I should put up there. That's where people go crazy. I got beautiful feet, beautiful flat feet, right those I I don't have Harry feet.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, like a Sander.
Speaker 2: I don't have Sander feet. I don't know what you're talking about. We'll have a foot off. Oh that's too hot for this though. Anyways, that story time with Kyle Anergie. But now we got to return to the album of the week. All right, Angie, it's time for the album of the week. And this week I got around and listening to this been on my to do list for a while, finally checked it out. It's from a legacy act. You know what a legacy act is A band that's been around a long time. And I always say it is sad about a lot of those old bands have been around forever. A lot of people don't give their new music a shot. They just kind of pass it by. They listen to the greatest hits. It is what it is. It's a good problem to have. But if you're an artist that you want people to hear and move on, it's a tough one, and this week we're talking about Deep Purple. Yes, Deep Purple, Ian Gillan, Roger Glover.
Speaker 4: You know them original members still are.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of original members in there. Don Aria is on the keys instead of John Lord. They do got a new guitarist, and they've had four guitarists over the years. Roger Glover is still holding down the bass. Ian Gillan on vocals.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Ian is going blind. He's only got a few years left till he's no longer. He's going to be totally blind. And his voice had huge issues like twenty thirty years ago, but he's still up and down. I saw what j just priest a few years back. It was a rough night for Ian. But I love Ian Gillan, I love his voice. I love Deep Purple. Most people spoke on the water, but if you go to the UK, you go to Europe. Deep Purple has thought of most of the time above Led Zeppelin. For most people, there's some people. There's always going to be some Zeppelin fans. Of course, Zeppelin is way huger in America than they are overseas in Europe. I mean they're still big over there, don't get me wrong, but in America. Zeppelin's like the Holy Grail for some reason, kind of like acdc's a little bit like that too. Anyways, I love Deep Purple. I love their whole catalog. Isn't as good as some of the old stuff, especially the Blackmore years, No, it's not, but it's still worth checking out. Their new album is called Splat. I'm not sure how many times I'll listen to it, but I gotta say it was a little hard rocking. They got a young guitarist in there. He's just a little bit older than me, so that's young for those guys, and I think he's driving. It's much like Judas Priest with Richie Faukner. Good friend of the channel, Richie Faukner. Believe it, he reached out and commented on my Action figure tour videos how much he enjoyed it, So shout out to Richie. He's a real one, as we do know out there. But I did enjoy the album. It was a lot more hard rocking than I anticipated. And one thing I really love about Deep Purple's music is the use of keyboards. I'm not a huge keyboard guy. Don Airy, though, is the legend he's worked with everybody Ozzy back in the day. You know don Airy, you love don Airy you of course him go way back, but love don Arie's keys in there, and that's the keys I like in my music. It drives the hard rock beat. Another and from the UK Kolist Shaker has some of that vibe to me as that I enjoy as well. But A Deep Purple's new album is worth checking out. I think that's the thing. Deep Purple Blue Oyster Cult. There's a lot of those legacy bands cheap trick, you could almost say, as well putting out new material and it's actually really good, but people just don't give it a list and they go back to the greatest hits or they go to something you knew up and coming. It is what it is, and I understand it. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but it's understandable. But Deep Purple still rocking. Is this gonna be their final album? I'm not sure they were gonna retire like twelve years ago and they decide to stay on. Now. They got the producer Bob Ezra and of course of Alice Cooper fame who did all the Alice Cooper albums still to this day, and they've really hit it off and they're really enjoying life. So kudos Deep Purple touring again as usual. I think they're gonna run it till the wheels fall off to bring it full circle like the Ford Fusion. We have full circle moment right there, So shout out to Deep Purple, shout out to Splat. Check it out if that is your thing. But Angie, it's time for a few final thoughts. All right, it's time for a few final thoughts here and of course, as usual, gotta plug everything. Check out the Patreon your best way to support this channel, this podcast, all points in between. Check out my YouTube videos each and every single day, four videos a day if you can believe it. Sir Paul six four on the X, the mscuare Calendar, Score Peterson on Threads, Instagram, TikTok, and Kyle Peterson Show at gmail dot com. If you want to email me and then this very podcast. Make sure you like comments, share all that kind of stuff. Support the podcast, support the channel, support Angie, support all points in between, and then you can find Angie on feet Finder if you want to try to find her on there. That's because they don't the comments don't want to one.
Speaker 4: Which is that one picture.
Speaker 2: That's all it is. That's all you get. But she's made two thousand dollars on that. It's amazing. We see it for free, Yeah, exactly, the real ones see it for free anyways. So there's all the plugs right there. And then once again remind her if you want to copy of that ECW book by yours truly, I'll even autograph it if you want me to. But you got to put a comment in the comments of the YouTube or email the copiers and show at gmail dot com. Give a question and we'll do a little Q and a action the next couple of episodes and use some of those and we'll announce a winner here in the next couple of weeks. Be ready for that. So there it is, Angie. That's the plugs. But now it's time for a little question of the week, and Angie wants me to handle it. I know how she is. This one comes from Josh Clinton three one six' eighty. Two so it sounds LIKE i will get to meet you In minnesota At Wrestle. CON i wouldn't hold your breath that you never. KNOW i would like to. GO i would like to try to find a day to get up. THERE i have some BUSINESS i would like to tend to up there as, well and that business Is Maurice. No but besides, her there's a few THINGS i need to. Do SO i don't. Know i'll talk to you. Later Maybe angie will. Go, uh it's the. Week i'm In Saint louis all, week SO i get Back thursday, night and then It's, Friday, Saturday. Sunday Good, Lord SO i don't know If i'm gonna be able to get up there. NOW i want, to but we'll, see we'll, See but he, says ha ha, ha making the drive nine hour drive from next To angie's mom's, house Through Kansas city and your house and on summer. Slam that wee came with my son question of the, week favorite fast food chain or fast casual food chain that is not a national chain in The Des, Moines iowa. Area so if somebody was traveling Through Des, Moines, Iowa i'm not sure why you picked that, town but we'll play. Along we know that town all too.
Speaker 4: Well oh my, GOSH i would.
Speaker 2: Say So angie wants to go to a place Called jethrows, tonight so she'd probably say. THAT i would Guess thursday night boneless wing. Deal and it's not like boneless chicken. Nuggets it's like strips of chicken. Breast and it's better than it. Sounds i'll tell you that. Much but she's gonna Say, jethrows which is numerous restaurants in the. Area it's a local. PLACE i might Say Smoky Dese. Barbecue it's one of the most famous barbecue places in the. WORLD i mean they literally have a whole wing of the building for all their. Trophies they've won every single major barbecue. THING i mean they probably got thousands of trophies and badges and things in there on. Display and they have pretty good. STUFF i would say the burn INDs are, good the barbecue is good across the, board and they have other stuff. Too even, so that would probably be the places to. Go there's a pizza place Called wins that's really good too THAT i. Enjoy. WINS i haven't been there in a long. Time it's kind of on the other side of town And i'm too busy. Lately it, sucks but so. Good anything else you can think of that you can go, TO i. Agree would you go To. Panchero's she'd get a. Burrito that's my least. Favorite she's A chipotle, girl so she doesn't like Sport. Local so there you. Go last, question real quick, Here Michael, Scarborough big wall of sound, Question, Kyle, Orange marshall Or. FENDER i personally play at two thousand and Three gibbs Unless Paul standard And Heritage sumburst out of one hundred and twenty Watt orange out of a two x Twelve orange. Cab what do you rock out?
Speaker 1: Of?
Speaker 2: Angie do you Know? Marshall i'm A marshall. Guy, however it's funny you say, That. Angie i've always wanted An orange. AMP i wanted, One I've i've come so close to buying them numerous, times AND i haven't bought any new guitar stuff in a long. TIME i don't even play guitar really. Anymore i'll pick it up for two seconds and that's. It it's on my top of my list at retirement to get back into the swing of things with. That But orange is Something i've always, wanted And clutch is the one that always told me on orange amps back in the. Day But orange would be very. FUN i love the. CRUNCH i love the sound of. IT i just feel like that would fit me very. Well BUT i don't own. One BUT i do have A. FENDER i have a couple of. AMPS i have A marshall AND i don't even remember what it's. Called and THEN i do have a Big line six amp AND i know a lot of people Hate line six, stuff AND i understand the, hate but it's very. FUN i got it in college and it's one of those ones that has all the different sound tones to, it so like they have different, settings like here's the deep purple, Setting here's The Judas prix, setting so then it makes your guitar kind of have the vibe of that and then you can Play AND i had a lot of fun doing that to Like i'm gonna do The gambler By Kenny rodgers under The Judas prix setting or The Black. Sabbath SO i always enjoyed. THAT i think those things are fun to play around, with especially if you know you're just playing, around, Right so there you, go and that's. It that's WHAT i rock out. Of AND i do have my First Fender strat THAT i got WHEN i was like fifteen or, something SO i have that my, collection and THEN i like My Zach wilde epiphone a whole. LOT i got a really fun telecaster From. FENDER i think that's probably the smoothest for. Me everybody's got a guitar that feels the. Best the telecaster feels the best on, me but to each their.
Speaker 4: Own you've really downsized your guitars over the.
Speaker 2: YEAR i have. Downsizes i've sold some, stuff So i'm doing a lot of downsize in the next couple of. Months there's gonna be some that's so hard to say goodbyes coming. Up we're gonna have quite a few of. THOSE i Think i've made some decisions on the future of my. LIFE i can't live forever and you can't take it with, You. Angie SO i Think i'm gonna be selling a few, things And angie won't sell it. Right so she won't sell it, right AND i think it's time to shift some, things move some, stuff and do some. Stuff that's what we're gonna do. There so there it, Is. Angie that's episode sixty nine On The Kyle Peterson. Show but before we, Leave, angie what have we learned? Today? Oh, god you remember Anything angie's had to, day. Folks she's had a.
Speaker 3: Day was the husband calling contest part of.
Speaker 2: This, no that was totally, Different. Angie we filmed the question of the week for weekly purchases. Before by the time people are watching, this that's. Ourry. Yep we tastes of that. Food taste of that. Food we sure. Did talked about an, album talked about an album deep purple, dentist went to the, dentist recommend it well, More.
Speaker 4: Oh The, buffalo the.
Speaker 2: Buffalo she got. It, well she kind of paid attention this, week. Folks but we'll be. Back we got to figure it. Out we're gonna have to film two episodes in a row Because i'll be on the, Road i'll be in. MEETINGS i got a three hour. Presentation, again it's gonna be a wild. Show but we'll see how that goes. Too so there it. Is angie got anything fun to, say anything? Left she got nothing left to the. Tanks time for dinner For. Angie so for episode number sixty nine Of The Kyle Peterson, Show, angie tell everybody go who? CARES i could care? Less LIKE i was.
Speaker 4: Gonna tease and be, like no too.
Speaker 2: Late, WELL i THINK i think you're. Fine, well are we gonna? Dance? So are we gonna beat? Here this pricess screw y'all don't know, SHIP.
Speaker 3: I knew you Later god, by what are we?
Speaker 2: Doing and this plastic press AND i freedom time through the. Lies child's on a, mission, ready