Speaker 1: Now we have a new candidate, Your Decision twenty twenty four station, a.
Speaker 2: Failed vice president and a failed administration.
Speaker 1: Fifty five cares He the talk station coming up on seven oh six.
Speaker 3: At fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Happy Wednesday, an extra special Wednesday because today the return of Day Widiams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, which you can find online and I recommend you do go at protecting Taxpayers dot org looking out for where how our dollars are spent, and usually they're spent well stupidly. Dave Williams, it's always a distinct pleasure to have you on my program Sir, Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 5: I was telling Joe, your producer, off the air that I can't wait for the campaigns to end an NFL to begin.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just that's funny, you ronicaus. You and I had conversations about, in addition to street cars, stadiums and stupid stadium deals. And I had our local sports writer for the CINCINNI inquired Jason Williams on yesterday talking about I guess there's some you know, rumblings and things going on about the well it's formerly Paul Brown Stadium, now it's pay corpse stadium, but it needs upgrades, and we the Hamilton County taxpayers, are going to be on the hook for a lot of them. And there was some discussion like, well, what if they just build a new stadium out in the suburbs And two billion dollars was the price tag that was associated with it. And the Brown family apparently generates all of its revenue exclusively off Bengals, so they're not in the multi billionaire club of folks who can actually afford to pay for a large share of their new stadium, so kind of puts them in a bit of a disadvantage. So they just remodeled the locker room, which I don't know if anybody was asking for, but talking with the local sports writers and commentators, apparently the Bengals players were like, yeah, whatever, it looks like a discothech. They spend millions of dollars upgrade in the locker room. Hey can I still hang my stuff in here and take a shower? I mean, isn't that what you want? It doesn't help the fans at all, And it came to a huge expense, and I guess the Browns decided they were going to pay for that themselves. But you know, and I look at a figure like two billion dollars, Dave, two billion dollars it is to go in, and the price of the ticket, the cost of a beers like twelve dollars. You know, a little skyline chili coney costs like seven bucks. You can get one for like three bucks at the store. It's just crazy. And wouldn't you rather be at home within your giant, high resolution five K jumbo tron TV and the comfort of your own home and your own bathroom, your own food, and see the game better, easier, without the headaches and hassles of parking, et cetera. I would think, and I hate to get down this road, but you know, like drones are taking over. I think we're probably going to need to buy fewer and fewer full sized aircraft for human beings to fly more. People I think are just gonna want Why do I go? And I thinks the headache and hassle the game, I'd rather watch it your home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can have food delivered to you, you can have everything delivered to listen. I would rather sit at home watch my team lose, then go to a stadium and watch my team lose and feel the disappointment. At least I don't have a you know, commute home after the game.
Speaker 4: I'm already there.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to take you down that road, but we just came up yesterday just too And that's the norm these days anyhow. And how many games do they play there each year? Not many. Let's move over to the tax there's uncertainty because we don't know if there are elected officials and Washington are going to extend the twenty seventeen tax cuts or let them fall by the wayside, and everybody's taxes go up, creating what you note on the Taxpayer Protection website, creating uncertainty, which has got to was a real problem for businesses. They need to have some idea of where we're going tax wise so they can prepare for the future.
Speaker 4: They really do.
Speaker 5: In twenty seventeen was such an amazing year for taxpayers because tax reform was passed, and you remember the bonuses that went out. Companies expanded their business, they gave out bonuses, and I remember Nancy Pelosi mocking saying, oh, one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Who you know, that's not a lot of money for anybody. Well, yes, it is.
Speaker 5: Dollars, is a few car payments, is a mortgage payment? I mean it really makes a difference in someone's like maybe not Nancy Pelosi, who's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, but it really rev the economic engine. And now those tax cuts are expiring, like you said, and businesses are like, what are we going to do?
Speaker 4: Guys, give us some guidance here.
Speaker 5: We need to know if they're going to be extended and what's going to happen in the next two years.
Speaker 4: And businesses make a lot of decisions.
Speaker 5: They make investment decisions, they make hiring decision based upon the economy, based upon the tax code. And that's why they want, I know, and that's why there's such a high level uncertainty because they don't know which tax cuts, if any, will be extended.
Speaker 3: You know what really irks me and I'm glad we're having this conversation just because I can observe once again that they don't make anything permanent. Why was there an expiration date on this? If they want to raise taxes, force them to vote to raise taxes. Don't build in an end date. And that would give us all much greater confidence that the tax rates aren't going to change on us.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: And if you notice spending is always permanent, is that these programs are never sunseted, that you have a program that last time, we have a sugar subsidy program from the nineteen thirties, Yet we have tax cuts that are going to expire from twenty seventeen. And you're right, it's completely opposite of what should be happening.
Speaker 4: And you know, I.
Speaker 5: Would like for them to vote for this, like right before an election, you know, vote for a tax increase right before an election. Maybe it would really get people's attention. I think Congress is at zo.
Speaker 3: Well, and we'll see, we would see how that would go over. But you know, I'd just like to see something permanent. They'd have the and I guess they have an expiration day built in at the outset. Is that so they can get votes that the otherwise wouldn't get to get the taxes the tax reform in place, or is there some other nebulous and okay, so it is that And.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of you know, just sort of financial tomfoolery, right is that you know they you know, they look at the out years and they say well, after twenty twenty five, we're going to bring this in the revenue into the into the government. Well, we never see an out year. I mean out years never happened. It's always, you know, the current year. So that's why why they do it. It's it's so dishonest with the American people. And and again, we have to beg to keep our own money. I mean, I don't understand how we have to beg to keep our own money.
Speaker 3: Dave, you're talking my language, friend, you are talking my language. Well, and as far as corporate taxes are concerned, because those those are going to go up fairly dramatically. And it's a big lie that the corporations are paying the taxes. I mean, it's a simple economic reality. It's like if you jack the property taxes up for a apartment building owner, he's going to pass the additional tax increase onto the renters. If you jack the corporate taxes up, they're not going to sacrifice the profit margins. They're just going to increase the price of the goods and services. So it has an inflationary effect on what we buy. We pay the increased corporate tax we do.
Speaker 5: And right now, the corporate tax rate is twenty one percent. It is not great, but it's a lot better than forty percent than what it was in twenty seventeen. Here's the problem is that other countries have a much lower corporate tax rate and businesses will leave this country. They did it before, they did it before twenty seventeen. You had Burger King. They went to Canada. Tim Hortons bought Burger King. And they call these inversions where they really just kind of shift their corporate structure to another country.
Speaker 4: But they sent them a ton of money.
Speaker 5: And what it does is people are laid off in this country and it really hurts the revenue coming into the government.
Speaker 4: So it's a no when situation.
Speaker 5: And again you said it perfectly, is that companies don't pay taxes, consumers do and the economy that's who suffers most notably.
Speaker 3: And then there's the corollary to the tax rate being high and companies moving elsewhere, and also the cost of labor. I mean, why do you think China end up building so much manufacturing or building the manufacturing base over the years is because they have cheap, sometimes slave labor that can make products and without the you know, pesky things like EPA mandates and edicts. Osha, Oh my god. You know, just businesses. International businesses go wherever it is they can build their products or provide their services for less money. Welcome to the regulatory overburden we have here in the United States, which is an enemy to productivity here and investment in America in and of itself.
Speaker 5: You know, at times we don't want to win the race to the bottom. This time we do with the corporate tax rate. We want to that's a wellfs corporate tax rate to bring as many businesses in. And listen, they came back in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. They came back to the country because they saw a better economic better economic conditions here.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. And I think COVID woke us up to the reality that we better start manufacturing our own stuff because if we get into a serious war with China, we aren't going to have anything here.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Dave, let's pause, and I am I'm puzzling over our next subject matter, vehicle transplants more with Dave. Dave Williams a taxpayers. So that's a lot of feces, sorry, Dave. After I mentioned Peter sheprier Kellawiams Seven Hills the best real estate team you could ever hope to find. Since Thet's number one real estate group, their mission has provide you with a wonderful five star experience. Whether you're getting a buyer's agent or a sellers agent, you're in the best possible hands. They do wonderful work. They're great at customer service and programs galore that nobody else is offering. Oh like instant offer my favorite program because I've been the headache and hass little selling house before and thanks to my wife for managing the most of the headaches. While I was working at the new job. We had a house to sell up in Chicago and staging it and keeping it clean and getting the dogs out of the house and all that, you know, for three months. Different real estate market back then. But if you don't want to deal that, you don't want to paint anything, you don't want to upgrade or improve, you just want to go on with your live call them up. Within forty eight hours of them seeing your house shield the cash offer, you're out, and as little as fourteen days thereafter. So from today you could be out in three weeks, moving on with your life. It's a great thing going on with Peter Shubria, Keller, Williams seven Hills and his outstanding team. You learn more about the programs and the agency. Just go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com Phone them. You can do that right now even five one three seven zero eight three thousand fifty five KRC dot com. Man if you're suffering time of the nine first warning one to forecast, go to be sunny today with a high of eighty seven. Overnight blow sixty four with clear sky, sunny tomorrow eighty eight for the hint, got clouds over night Thursday with a chance of showers and storms that are dropped to sixty four. Eighty nine is on Friday with sunny skies and a chance of showers of storms sixty three. Right now, time for traffic from the uc.
Speaker 2: GOT Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanterer for multicultural communities give the gift of vikes. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Voting up quickly now on the highways northbound seventy five at an extra five between Buttermilk and downtown pretty close to the same for southbound seventy five through Bachmann. They cleared the accident above two seventy five that was on the right shoulder. Still working with the wreck ees bound on fifty at round bottom outside of Milford schut Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station seventeen fifty five KR. Seit the talk station Brian Thomas with Dave Williams and the taxpayer of Protectional Lige you can find on a line at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Dave, I'm inclined to read a quote from your article about fecal transplants deserving light squeeze regulatory approach that the headline. Here we go. Here's a good setup for you segue into what you're talking about. Quote. Alexandra, sixty six year old retired woman at ec was defrosting a piece of human feces that she purchased over the Internet. Her goal was to reduce the stool into a sloshy, biologically rich mixture, which could then be easily transferred past her rectum and into her colon. She laid there, allowing her homebrew liquid fecal elixir to seep into her enterns where she hoped it would bloom new life into her troubled guts close quote Wow, how did that make How did that make it? Into the Taxpayer Protection Alliance reporting? Dave Williams, you wrote the article, let's drive, let's drive into this.
Speaker 5: I wrote the article, and someone actually edited this and didn't take any of this out.
Speaker 4: That's the miracle of this op ed.
Speaker 5: And you know, Brian, the science is evolving in ways that we just can't comprehend at this point.
Speaker 4: Jane, replacement therapy. Now we have people transplants where.
Speaker 5: People are are really seeing the benefit of these new procedures, and the FDA is not. And the FDA is putting roadblocks in every place possible to stop these new products, these new procedures from coming to the market. And they're scientifically proven, these things are working.
Speaker 4: And the FDA is not allowing that.
Speaker 5: Now, the FDA receives billions of dollars and user fees and taxpayer money, they should be the catalyst for.
Speaker 4: These products, for these procedures. They are not.
Speaker 5: They are putting up roadblocks wherever they can, and it's hurting the American people, it's hurting consumers, and it's hurting patients like this sixty six year old woman.
Speaker 3: Well, and as weird as what I just read sounds, I'm with you. I have read. I mean, it's been going on for several years now. I have been all kinds of studies where one of the problems that we face in terms of our collective health and this your gut bacteria impacts so many aspects of your life and your health. You know, maybe responsible in part for obesity problem we face these days, but there are all kinds of problems that this procedure, this technique of using you know, a fecal donor and introducing the donors fecal matter into your gut can turn your your poorly you know, regulated gut around and give you great benefit. I mean, it's been demonstrated. So why would they want to stand in the way.
Speaker 5: Well, you have a bureaucracy, and the bureaucracy stands in the way. And if you look at the drug approval process, it takes about ten to twelve years and two billion dollars for a company to get a drug approved. Now, listen, you are not guaranteed to get that drug approved unless you're a vaccine and it goes pretty quickly. But if you have a drug and if they have a threshold of ninety five percent, efficacy not safety. Safety is a whole different thing. Efficacy how efficient it is. If it is ninety four point five the FDA says, no, you can't bring this to market.
Speaker 4: Brian, would you take a drug it is.
Speaker 5: Ninety four point five percent effective in a heartbeat?
Speaker 4: I would do that. And that's the problem.
Speaker 5: There's no flexibility with the FDA.
Speaker 3: That's pretty damn good odds. And might it be And let me just suggest this day, you don't need to buy into my theory on this. Like bioidentical hormones, which are widely prescribed for a whole number of problems, you can't patent them because they're bioidentical. If they exist in nature, then the pharmaceutical companies can't do anything about it, and they can't patent them and make money off of them. Feces is sort of ubiquitous, Dave. And maybe because they can't patent you know, someone's stool and apparently there are stool donation sites on here. You mentioned in your article that they don't want that to come on the market because it might interfere with the patents they have on things that are supposed to correct your problems.
Speaker 5: Well, and look what we're doing with sending stool samples through the mail to get diagnosed for a certain illnesses. And this has become common. But the FDA threw up, threw up roadblocks for this when this initially came out. But now this is standard, This is standard for people to do this, And there are companies out there that are you know, early detection systems for people to uh, you know, to solve these problems.
Speaker 4: And again it's the FDA standing in the way of this.
Speaker 3: Well, and there are no edicts or mandates that force you to get a stool replace a stool sample to going. This is an elective procedure. This is something that you buy choice, can choose to pursue if you and your physician and uh and others think it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I can't imagine a lot of people would do this, you know. Just Yeah, there's a term out there I wanted to use, but I couldn't use it. It's a little it's a little off putting.
Speaker 3: I might, I might point out, you know, I get that. I'm not quite sure if i'd stand a line to do this myself. But if I was struggling and I had some problems and there has been a demonstrated benefit for this procedure and it isn't harmful, then yeah, I think I would go ahead and give it a shot some people.
Speaker 5: We just want people to have the option to do this, and the FDA is taking away those options.
Speaker 3: In a nod to Thomas Massey, I'm thinking of raw milk as well. You know you should have the option if you want to drink raw milk. No one's forcing you to do it. If you know it's raw milk and you know it comes with some risks, then fine, you can take this risk, like the ninety four point something percent approval. That's a risk I'd be wanted to take. Stick around one more, Dave, we'll talk about IRS Overreach Prevention Act and maybe get a little insight into the Cato Institute poll showing Americans preference on trade. Considering we know where Donald Trump is on that he wants the levy tariffs on Chinese products, is that something the American people want? One more with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, while I get to mention Plum Prestige Interiors. John Ryan is the man you'd be working with. Get in touch with John for your kitchen remodeling project because John has been doing kitchens exclusively, almost exclusively for like thirty five years. I think he's with you every step of the way, like he was with my wife and me, and we wanted the whole thing taken out. Did not like our kitchen. It was, you know, the builder special. It was getting all run down, the cabinets looked poorly. He's like, let's take it all out and start all over, and with that we got a beautiful new kitchen. Working with John, his ideas were outstanding ideas that we weren't thinking about, including changing the way the flow worked in our kitchen just so much better, a dramatic improvement. That's what you're going to get big projects. In small projects, if you just want to replace cabinets and counterdops, he's the man to work with as well, he'll help you stay within your budget. A true inspiration guy is he'll have great ideas for your kitchen and he is your true partner from beginning to end, initial design to final installation. You can get in touch on at five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine eight plus with a BBB online Prestige one two three dot com fifty five krc the talk station nine about KRCD talk station Happy Wednesday. Taxpayer text lines Dave Williams. Dave, I like this IRS Overreach Prevention Act you can get. You can do your taxes pretty cheaply out here in the real world by yourself with some inexpensive software. So why we need the federal government to do it?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 5: So the IRS has started this new direct file program.
Speaker 6: Where from the bottom of their hearts, they will prepare your returns for you because they know that you are so busy and that there's no private services out there that they will do this.
Speaker 5: They will prepare your returns. Obviously a huge conflict of interest. Yes, thanks, mister or missus. IRS is not gonna look at your tax return and think, hmm, mister Williams. We're going to try to get you the biggest refund that we can because we're the IRS and that's what we're what we want to do. Obviously, a huge conflict of interest. The IRS cannot even protect basic information that they're holding and now they want more of our financial information, a parendous idea, and someone in Congress is finally standing up and saying, no, we need to shut down the direct file program. We submitted foya's Freedom of Information Acts to the irs, asking them how much this program was going to cost, and they said they have no records that are responsive, They have no idea what is going to cost the American taxpayer to fully implement this system. And we ask for foyas from a couple of years or information from a couple of years in zilch zero, nada.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this direct question. Are they authorized to do this? I know they're funded and well funded. They are, but don't they have to have a specific congressional authorization to launch a brand new, extraordinarily expensive program.
Speaker 4: They are not authorized, And they lied to Congress.
Speaker 5: They said that they were going to do a pilot program, and they're asking Congress for permission to do a pilot program.
Speaker 4: Well, guess what.
Speaker 5: Today They had the program already set up, and they spent twenty million dollars initially just to get the initial part of the software done, and now they want full implementation that could cost billions of dollars and they got zero authorization from Congress, and that's why some members of the House of Representatives aren't very happy right now, and they're trying to shut this down. I mean, obviously we're working with them, but they're trying to shut this down asap.
Speaker 3: Well. Being the lawyer and recognizing the complicated issue of standing. If I had standing to go to court on the IRS illegally or improperly using these taxpayer dollars to expand a program that they had no authority to do, I'd probably win that case. But getting into court and having standing is a tremendous hurdle to overcome. So that's why you got to pass the law rather than running into court and pointing out that it is not within the parameters of what the IRS is permitted to do with the money.
Speaker 5: That's right, and they did this pilot program this year and they're expect I think fifteen million people to use this system, and about one hundred thousand did. Brian, we know the American people are a lot smarter than a government takes us for right, yes, and we know what's going on, and people understand that this is not within the purview of the irs, and this is not going to be an our economic interest at all.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm sure this will break across party lines for whatever reason, just because some Republicans are pushing forward with this. Are there any Democrat co sponsors on this?
Speaker 4: I don't believe that there are no.
Speaker 3: There are none. Shocking anyway, speaking over to what the American people want and don't want and what their perception is. What about trade? I know, at least we know Donald Trump has stated out loud on the record one of his party platforms is to raise the tariffs on Chinese goods. A lot of economists are saying that will be terrible for the American people because would increase the cost of those goods and we don't have an alternative place to get them. Uh. What does the Cato Institute poll show about preferences on trade?
Speaker 5: So this is fascinating because both parties, because the Democrats and the Republicans are talking about teriffs, and you would think that this is something that's popular, that if both parties are talking about this, it must be a popular thing. Well, the Cato Institute, you know, seventy five percent said that consumers worry you could raise prices. Well, guess what tariffs do raise prices again, going back to the corporate tax rate, when you add a cost to something that gets passed on to the consumer. And a lot of people, I think it's over sixty percent want to have more trade with foreign nations. And listen, there is a China problem, but that doesn't mean we have a ten percent tariff on everything that comes into this country, not to China, but from other countries. That's the problem is that these are you know, broad tariffs that would be put in place again by both parties, and it's just raises apparances on goods that are coming into this country.
Speaker 3: Well, and of course invites trade wars in the form of counter tariffs on American produce goods we try to sell abroad. I mean, that's just the next step logically, it is.
Speaker 5: And I remember someone from Cato, this is years ago, we were talking about pre trade and they said, why do businesses need permission from the government to sell their things to other people and other countries? Like, why do we have to get permission from the government to do everything.
Speaker 4: We should just be able to do this and not have.
Speaker 3: This barrier understood, But you know, the other the flip side of that is the more you trade with China, the more profit they make and the bigger their military gets. And they do have somewhat of a problem with US and how we do business, and would certainly love to take over Taiwan, which is against US policy. So yeah, I mean there's two sides of this. You got to be able to weigh both. And just remember, if there are tariffs, whether you form or against them, the price of goods will go up. I think we can all just agree on that one concluding point, correct, Dave.
Speaker 4: Undoubtedly the price we'll go up, and we have seen them go up.
Speaker 5: And again we're talking about massive terriffs that both parties are are talking about.
Speaker 3: Yep, Dave Williams again finding on line at Protecting Taxpayers dot org bookmarket. You'd be glad you did, and I'll look forward to another conversation with you real soon, Dave. In the meantime, thanks for everything that you and the folks are there are doing each and every day, and best of health to all of you.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Brian, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure you two. Seven thirty five Sharon Coolidge The enquire coming up. I'm really looking forward to this city wants Mercy Health to pay back seven million dollars for a building that it never used. But also she's gonna comment on taking money out of the railway fund for property tax relief Tom Brinkman proposals. Signatures being circulated right now. My friends in Cincinnati may be voting on that. Sharon Coolidge would be up next by her stored for my friends at Emory Federal Credit Union. And congratulations the Emery Federal Credit Union open their doors eighty five years ago. I love what they do, and they're really great with the community, the charitable organizations. They do the shredding events throughout the year, and they're always helping out their members. It's a better way to bank at Emory Federal Credit Union. I know that because I've been banking with them for about a decade maybe more, and I can compare it to my big bank account my experience with them. But in celebration of eighty five years in business, they're offering all kinds of special discounts and public events you're not going to want to miss right now that they're offering. What they're offering is a special opportunity for you to boost your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. I like that rate, six months five point two percent, So celebrate along with Mter Federal Credit Union that passing along to love to you. Certain restrictions apply and it is a limited time offer to learn about all the events and the specials that are going on, and this one particularly Emory FCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org NMLS number four zero one zero, it's seven federally insured NCUA Equal Housing Lender fifty five KRC. Your idea for a