Speaker 1: I was gonna say, wrapped in a bow for you, but Lord knows that this weekend probably will include something. I don't know what that something is, but something.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a last call for Alky Hall.
Speaker 1: Only in this case, of course, we're referring to October surprises.
Speaker 2: Even though it is technically now November.
Speaker 1: Course, election right around the corner, and they had a couple I guess, I don't know lobs, but and we'll get into some of those. There's a little bit of a stenographer controversy, which we'll fill you in on. But if they're gonna get something out, they really got to do it by I don't know, like early afternoon today, right, because here's what you need for that. And don't get me wrong, there's always the possibility of a Monday, but you really want Friday. You want it not at the super end of the day, because you got to get a little lead time and then you know, like one o'clock this afternoon. Perfect gets the story out there. The journalists can pretend like they do their due diligence regardless of whatever the allegations are, but not so much due diligence that they're able to I don't know talk to people that maybe able to either debunk or put a different perspective on stuff, and then that will be the finalized narrative. You head into the weekend, you got the weekend shows, and there you go. And then Monday, maybe some more stuff comes out that you know, it's like, ah, that thing you just said, maybe that's not what happened with your anonymous sources, but really not enough time to chase it down. And in the state of North Carolina, by the way, this is the other thing that makes me wonder about the scheduling of these. I just saw that the numbers that they're reporting saying that like half of North Carolina may have voted already.
Speaker 2: So that's a problem. I don't know what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go, almost half of North Carolinian voters have already cast ballots.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you are planning on still early voting, you have, well, let me say this. Check what I'm going to tell you, because I suspect some of these our county specific but about seven thirty tonight and then tomorrow what three in the afternoon, So check your whatever county you vote in. But those are wake counties numbers and yours will be somewhat similar.
Speaker 2: All right. Oh, and we got the big ral scandal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man caught on video removing Comma ripping up Harris Wall signs outside Raleigh early voting site.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: The video here, and uh yeah, yeah, maybe I don't understand. Here's what I don't understand these folks, And here's where I understand them less. When it's a political candidate. There's always one of those every year. I guess maybe I understand that more because you're like, you have this personal like super personal. People will tell all voting's personal, and to some extent it is.
Speaker 2: But still with candidates do it?
Speaker 1: Those are the ones that amaze me, although I almost to some extent, understand it more just randomly being so angry when you're pulling into a polling beer.
Speaker 2: Oh why are there so many signs?
Speaker 1: I'm like, have you been to a polling place or have you been I don't know, outside with eyes in in an election here in North Carolina, people love signs, man, So I don't get that.
Speaker 2: My only question would.
Speaker 1: Be uh yeah, and and and and and the video here uh was was acquired by witnesses.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my question.
Speaker 1: Uh, we got a video right now of an incident in Carrie the other day. Clearly, uh, it looks like this dude is is uh vandalize This is what it appears. I'd be curious if there's another explanation of a dude by the Carry Senior Center right by Bond Park there on High House, clearly uh, taking Trump signs. By the way. I just want you all to know you you you all look like you're three. Okay, That's what's so. That's the thing, honestly, even more than the voting.
Speaker 2: Part of it.
Speaker 1: It's like, why would you expose yourself to be an absolute mental toddler with this stuff? And that dude, that dude from the reporting I'm seeing, might be a professor at NC State. That sounds like a pretty big story, not that you know, not that this guy you got in your story here r e L and the and the video, if that is in fact what was going on, is deeply stupid in my opinion. But like, it's not like you didn't know about the other thing. It was all over it's still all over social media pictures, video, there's video of the dude doing it. Now, you don't know his name. People were trying to figure out who he was. I took a look at him, and I couldn't decide if he was well. I thought he looked like the dude from the six Flags commercials, Remember the old guy who dances from a distance.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's him. But I'm being I'm being.
Speaker 1: Told from some of the articles here, probably not the six Flags old guy who dances from the commercials from decades ago, but instead perhaps a professor.
Speaker 2: And that's where this thing gets crazier. You're a professor, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going if you if you tell me you're a profess, if we meet, I'm like, hey, good to meet you. What do you do, Oh, I am a professor. And then you throw out a prestigious for your university or whatever, not picking on your community college. But let's just be let's let's deal with who we're dealing with. If you tell me you're a professor at one of the big, big schools here, I'm going to assume you're smart enough not to stand there in the middle, like literally out in the middle of public on one of the busiest roads in a community jack and signs. No matter how you feel it, no matter how you feel. And yet I don't know why it is so many stories are predicated on professors or government officials or whatever who just turn into children.
Speaker 2: This chick right here, TSD. We love that drap remember her? Yeah, GTSD. That woman is not only an.
Speaker 1: Elected official, she's also a college professor driving around acting like a moonbat. So, uh, you know, if we're going to cover it, let's let's cover all of it.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to.
Speaker 1: What an easy thing to sit here and not be biased about and just go, hey, you know what, we don't like this thing where people are doing this thing because they're absolute toddlers. Okay, well if you think that, what are we gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We have we we literally have statutes dealing with this. Well, if you have, if somebody did something, you got statutes. I don't know, why don't you go do them? Maybe maybe as a deterrence is a word they like to use in the criminal justice system. I know it's not the crime of the century. And also, and I guess they wouldn't do it if it didn't work, or maybe they think it works. But like how many of you have been driving to a polling place? You get you know, wherever you got to vote, you get out and you're walking in, you walk past the barrage of signs there and went.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm voting for.
Speaker 1: How many of you were sold at a sign that you saw walking up to a polling place. I understand it's a name recognition thing, right, especially for down ballots more so.
Speaker 2: But still.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever walked by those signs and went all right. I counted them and Doug Smith versus Regina Johnson, and Doug had eleven signs of Regina had ten, and I got to vote for Doug.
Speaker 2: Or maybe that's how undecided.
Speaker 1: In UH a certain percentage of undecided. So I'd just like to keep our tickets splitting heritage live in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but there is I suspect more dumb assy to come on this front. All right, six fifteen CaCO Day Radio program will get into the rest of it, and reminder Pete callaner, he joins us coming.
Speaker 2: Up at eight oh five. Hang on.
Speaker 1: Election of course is Tuesday, and we do a thing for the candidates who are on the ballot on Tuesday, and we do that next week on Monday and Tuesday because it's a big boy election where we will we'll create an opportunity, well, we'll have an opportunity for candidates.
Speaker 2: To call in.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to be abundantly clear here, do not call us in schedule. We're not going to do that. You're just going to annoy Ross. You don't want to do that. It's a Friday like. I'm just letting you know, because if you have a candidate running, or you are a candidate and you're going to be on the ballot on any of the ballots within our listening area, so triad triangle and points outline. I guess basically, if you can hear us on a standard radio signal.
Speaker 2: We will. We'll just we'll do what we.
Speaker 1: Normally do, and that is provide the opportunity for any candis is not a right left independent, None of that doesn't matter if you're on a ballot because Ross is gonna have to verify you. And that's how we do it, so I don't have to send letters and do equal time and screw with all that crap. Okay, Plus, I get a thousand emails people saying I can't tell if they're with the campaign they want to get on all that it's it would be you would.
Speaker 2: Hate the lead up two or three weeks in.
Speaker 1: So this is how we do it, and you know what it tends to average about, right, I'd never Ross, I don't know that we've left a bunch of people on the phones at the end of the show. I think it's about the amount of time. So that'll be Monday and Tuesday. But I'm giving you a heads up now, and again, we're not scheduling anything. You just you call in the phone number that you hear eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. But on Monday and Tuesday, okay, all right, rock.
Speaker 2: On, look at that, all right?
Speaker 1: Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Everybody's got everybody's got a voice that they do when they're or voices that they do. I find myself doing them every now and then when we're doing a story where I'm like, you know, just just to just to add a little bit of a flourish to whatever point we're making. That being said, if your voice is bad, whatever little fake voice like Ross's mom does I don't know that she's said, does she sound like that in real life?
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say this or are you doing it?
Speaker 3: She's complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the point I'm making, So like, yeah, but you do the voice. That being said, if you're not good at doing the voice, we're all gonna laugh at you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Ended up calling the press that were there in a hostile environment scum.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 5: The the hypocrisy Mika over over a misstatement by Joe Biden, which he quickly corrected, is so laughable because this guy does this every day, and then you turn on Fox and say, Cake, Oh, how.
Speaker 6: Could anybody do this?
Speaker 2: I've never seen this before. Despite whose voice is Elmo?
Speaker 1: When they're trying to do that generic, fake funny voice to actend what what you leaned into Elmo?
Speaker 2: I'm so confused by that's Elmo? Right morning?
Speaker 1: Joe is doing Elmo because he can't his td Is that a TDS symptom?
Speaker 2: Right? You just start speaking in elmen.
Speaker 5: The fact one of the people saying that yesterday and Fox News stood by while Donald Trump watched violence erupt on January the sixth and kept allowing violence to erupt on January the sixth and said the people that were beating the hell out of cops were patriots.
Speaker 4: So yes, yes, yes, Willie Us and Gad writing never ends.
Speaker 5: They really do think that their voters are that stupid, and it it makes me sad for those voters that Donald Trump and people on TV on other channels really think Americans are that dumb.
Speaker 1: I uh, you know, they say, there's always that transition point. You saw it with George Bush, right, George w and of course you know seventy two people before him, But like, how many times, how many times we within the Trump era have you seen the Bush come save us? Why hasn't Bush weighted.
Speaker 2: In on this? They just did it the other day on something like.
Speaker 1: Why isn't bushwait, why isn't he siding with the Democrats on this? Because I suspect even if you don't like Trump, he don't like you either. And you called him either an absolute booger, reading moron, unable to lace his own shoes, or an evil genius as per usual, and you'd run around and scream at him for troop deaths and you know, my pet goat and all the like. They don't have time for you. But the fact that you make fun of voice is Elmo bro. You got to check that, how did you get this far in a pretty public facing position doing that? That's what's even more amazing. But he's not the only lunatic out there espousing their thoughts on TV. We've got some other audio for you.
Speaker 2: Who is it you think he looks like?
Speaker 1: Now people are the other we're looking at the the carry the alleged carry sign stealer that I thought looked like the the six Flags dude. He does look Oh, it looks like him again in the video. And then you see the the actual foot ross. Who did you say the professor looked like.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at I just think it's the mugshot and he looks like Christopher Lloyd from who frames? Who framed Roger Rabbit as the judge with the mugshot?
Speaker 2: Not you say mug shot?
Speaker 3: Well whatever that one photo is in the artica. Yeah, yeah, headshot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe a mug shot soon, but all right, yeah, yeah, so it's it's like, yeah, it's like one of those weird painted car colors, or it kind of looks different depending on where you're looking. But uh yeah, I'm just saying that we're gonna if ariol Is gonna run a breathless story about this dude, who, by the way, looks like an absolute menace in this video. This is Optimist Park. Early voting side witnesses saw voters shouting at other voters tearing up signs in some bard of Harris Walls. Video shared with w r a L show people confronting the man, who then gets into his Honda Van sir put the signs down. One man said to the other man, they're not yours. It's illegal to assault people, said the alleged sign steeler. Wait, where's the line that kind of got me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever, Yeah, So he's he's a pretty unapologetic there. Although here's what I here's the thing, and you guys, you guys did this to me, uh talking to the media out there. Why is it when I see this and I see this dude interacting with the people, like he's not hiding his face or anything like he's he's given them as good as they're getting. And he's doing it while wearing his maga hat. Brous Do you understand what I'm kind of getting at here? Kind of wondering aloud about why this dude, in a very visible manner would roll up and start defacing these signs in front of all these.
Speaker 2: Folks wearing the Maga hat while he's doing it. Maybe maybe he just loves him some Trump.
Speaker 3: I think I am picking up what you're putting down.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe that's the pot. Maybe he loves him some Trump so much he never takes the hat off. Maybe he's got a bet or somebody's like, I can't take the hat off till election day, or I gotta I don't know, break a shot or whatever.
Speaker 3: So he thinking it might be like one of those when it was the Trump boat parade, right, and then suddenly the boat came up with all the swastikas and the Nazis on it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're now implying, Well, those weren't just standing and running the middle boat parade participants.
Speaker 2: Are you? What are you saying there? So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, it's possible, but also it's it's not how I would go about. If I was like, I'm gonna go get some signs to change some minds, right, I probably wouldn't roll up to a wide open And that's the other thing is wide open visibility. There it's a park, right, everyone like, what's that guy doing over there? He looks like a lunatic. Is he is he ripping signs up like they're gonna see you? And then but and also you have the hat, you know, which is like Hunter Orange. As far as people remembering that and being able to see you at a distance, is that doing a Maga hat or what looks to be a Maga hat, ripping those signs up and then engaging with folks.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Again, I don't know. I don't know what the answer is.
Speaker 1: But I but like you all have forced me to process almost process that as a possibility. First, I just don't believe anything that comes out out on any of this stuff anymore, because we have so jettisoned lines that you won't cross to do stuff. And for those of you go, oh, you're just trying to I'm not. I'm if this dude's out there doing that stuff and he's wearing his Maga hat and all that, then and there's a crime to charge him, I don't care. I'd actually prefer because I think all this stuff is so stupid that being said, cover it all, deal with it all. Some Mirando in a Honda with Maga hat versus what might be a professor at one of our big universities shaping young minds.
Speaker 2: Who do you think? Is? Who do you think?
Speaker 1: And with the totality of their actions, is probably going to have the most impact on voters in this area. And we're we'll cover all of it right here, but I'll also leave open the possibility after what you know. Remember remember the guys you showed up up in Virginia with the tiki tordo, not Charlottesville. After they showed up to they younkin rally paid for by Lincoln Project and some of the local Dems in that county. But you chose to do that. I'm now I'm allowed to sit here and go with that's weird. A guy would show up to this place in particular, but maybe he lives by there, he drives by every day and he just had enough. Still, you can't do that, but at least it would explain the motivation and then to do it in the maga hat. I'm just I'm gonna tell you this as not as Ross and I are big criminal higst dudes, But if we were, I think part of us where we're sitting there with the dioramas and the schematics and all that stuff, or in out the heist. I think one of the rules would be like, hey, could you not wear your bright red Maga hat because I feel like that's gonna stand out like that's heist one on one stuff there. But also we you know, every day we do stories about lunatics doing crime stuff where you're just like, are you dumb? And they are, but we got to get there. Did he bleach the side? I don't think he bleached the sign. I did, but you know, you don't have the whole video. Maybe he did bleach it. Again, I don't know what happened. I'm just letting you. I'm giving you an honest assessment, and I know people, no, I'm not. I'm firmly on the record if if dude violated a law, just like the guy in Carrie the Professor dude alleged allegedly did that, then.
Speaker 2: Uh deal with them, deal with them the same.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's so weird that like even with like the J six stuff or the way that they treat Trump or any of the rest. I'm just I'm I'm like the voice of duality. I'm like, hey, just if you're gonna go at it, go out at the same. Oh, Biden had stuff in his garage next to his corvette that his kid lifted passages from to send prison spectuses to shake down other countries for money. And that's not alleged. That's true, that that part's not even like disputed. He lifted parts from a document so that he'd sound smarter and a prospectus, and it turned out the document, well, the part he lifted.
Speaker 2: Wasn't as problematic.
Speaker 1: It include data that was done as part of top secret research. And had he used other parts of that document, he would have printed some of the top secret research. So you know, that's what people want. And if people are running around crumpling signs up like lunatics, then deal with them. But allow me the possibility to sit here and go that's weird, and then to have your car right there too. That's the There's so many things. But also criminals are dumb sometimes, So what the hell do I know?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Six forty three Cacoda radio program Phone call now, Rick's what's up?
Speaker 7: How you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't understand all these adults acting like toddlers though, Man, I don't get it.
Speaker 7: I was driving on Creamore Road just day heading towards Crabstree, and I noticed this lady walking in the median right there in front of Burger King if you know where, it said on Creeble Road, And I said, wait a minute, she's she's pulling up signs. Well, I did a U turn and I pulled up into turning lane and I started filming her and she noticed me. So she took about five or six trump vant signs only to her car. Oh, and so I tried to get a bitch of a license plate that she was going to opposite direction. I couldn't. So I did a U turn and then she didn't know the U turn, and I followed her, got a bitch of a license plate, and then she noticed I was following her. She started driving crazyly erratical, crossing rains.
Speaker 2: And became, well, well, I just want to be clear.
Speaker 1: So you think that she was she knew that you were following her, or she just drive crazy because she was a woman which no.
Speaker 7: Full of the signs up and she knew she knew I had filmed her pulling the episode.
Speaker 2: Your high speed chance, It.
Speaker 7: Wasn't no, it was going normal speed limit. But she finally got in front of a car where she turned right and I couldn't turn right.
Speaker 5: So that was into that.
Speaker 7: But uh, the only thing I told is I did call Republican headquarters, but they have not called me back.
Speaker 1: I'm shut. Well, I don't know, maybe they'll do so, I don't know exactly. At that point, police are probably not gonna want to do anything but question yes, sir, yes, as as a man. Can I ask you a question as a man?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about losing the chase?
Speaker 7: Well, I had an appointment to get to because.
Speaker 2: Sir, I understand, but also, you lost the chase.
Speaker 7: That's true, but I have a logo on my I have a logo on my vehicle, so I had to be very careful.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 1: Well but yeah, that's as far as chases go or surveillance. You don't want to do that. So all right, well, you know, do better next time. But appreciate the call. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Ross Like, I don't know what I would call a radio show and be like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing. I saw somebody pulling up signs yesterday. Oh and I chased them. I went through a pane of glass of fruit. Stand, what the fruit?
Speaker 2: The whole fruit stand would have happened to the fruit My.
Speaker 3: Car went down these steps in pars, did.
Speaker 2: It bounce the weird bouncy front back front back?
Speaker 3: Then we went right over the fountain at the bottom of it called tray or that's rome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, okay, and you're okay though, right, fine, okay, did you do the thing where as you're doing that, you caused two police cars to slam into each other.
Speaker 3: I did, and I went right between them at the last second. Oh then then the bus came through and cut them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Also, where were they going with that pane of glass in the middle of a road like stupid?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know what's up with you. Glass guys.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you pull into whatever the area is where you're doing the glass installation so you don't have to walk down busy sidewalks or god forbid, through streets. I'm not in the glass business, but that would that would see seem proper That fruit stand guys looking at the phoe, that guy's never going to recover, man, that's the thing. That's That's the other thing too about it. Like any of those movies they buster a fruit scan I'm like, that guy's done. Man, you just destroyed like the small infrastructure and all of his inventory. You absolutely glass guys will get over it. Right, it's probably a bigger business. Fruit guy that stands all he had right taking care of his sick wife. You absolute monster six forty seven hang out number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You want to participate on the show, that's a good way to do that. Or you can scream into the void as some people do. Most people, actually most pop people, and you give us a person I don't remember exactly what it is the most recent, but it's very small.
Speaker 2: Percentage of people who actually call a radio show.
Speaker 1: So to those of you screaming into the void when I do these stories, God bless you. Your family probably thinks you're a lunatic, but because you're not going to trouble them with this stuff, like having to tell your family that Jimmy Kimmel's going to prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Jimmy. I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming because last time I saw a guy do this, although it was with memes, the dude went to jail.
Speaker 6: If you guys know about this, But we have an election coming up on I feel pretty relaxed about it.
Speaker 2: I've really been enjoying the league.
Speaker 6: It's in times like these it is important remember that cannabis is legal in our state.
Speaker 9: Vote.
Speaker 6: If you can vote early, vote early. If you can't vote early, vote on time. If you want to vote for Trump, votely, vote very late.
Speaker 2: So you're voting on Thursday or maybe Friday.
Speaker 6: This will be my third time voting against Donald Trump, fifth if you count the two times he was nominated for an Emmy for reality show host.
Speaker 2: All right, so so there you go again.
Speaker 1: It's you know what you're gonna get on those And and by the way, do I think Jimmy Kimmel should go to jail?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Was he telling jokes. I mean, we could argue whether those are jokes, but he intended them to be. And it creates again this this weird conundrum because they literally sent a dude to jail for me, meaning the hey make sure you vote Wednesday stuff, right, But also like there, you know that is also a thing that is rooted in people who are trying to deceive. But dude making a meme doesn't strike me as dude trying to deceive in the same way that I don't Jimmy Kimmel, Nobody, nobody with two brain cells to rub together, believes that if you're a Trump voter, you should wait and vote on Thursday or Friday because he is a quote unquote comedian doing his thing, Which then begs the question, well, if I'm supposed to know that that is comedian doing his thing and it is coming across pretty nasty to a big portion of people who may be alienated from it, is that Okay? Now, comedians doing their thing in the world of politics. So I just wanted to point out the irony there. All right, let me let me flip over to this audio. I promised you Bill Clinton every I've seen three stumps. I know he's done more because we didn't play audio when he was in was it Winston or Greensboro where he was that Sunday a couple of weeks, oh whatever, he was in the triad And and it's like, I guess the Harris campaign isn't like.
Speaker 2: Hey, can we see your talking point? Can we see what you're gonna talk about?
Speaker 1: We're just curious. I want to have some case we get asked any questions who want to know? And and because like every time he does a speech, damn near he says something that is so insanely a Trump position.
Speaker 2: That I cannot fathom.
Speaker 1: While you put this guy on the road, now, Ross and I talked about the soft there, and we'll bring it up here in a moment. Some theories, and I think it's an accurate theory, even if they won't admit it. But remember he went out and he's like, yeah, yeah, we shouldn't have open borders, that this woman would have been killed down in Georgia, and like guys in Maga hats and are like, ah see boom. He knows, he knows. How many times let me ask you a question for I play this side you. How many times in last year have you been scrolling on Twitter or Facebook or whatever and somebody posted a.
Speaker 2: Video of Hillary or Joe.
Speaker 1: Or even Kamala as so many said, but it's more Hillary and Joe because you have such an excessive length amount of tape easily accessible from like two thousand and eight. Right, Hillary's out two thousand and eight doing her thing, talking about whatever she's talking about or video when back when she was running against Barack Obama, and she's like, she's giving Donald Trump's speech, right, and that's the point of why they had the video. Like, listen to this and it's a minute of Hillary Clinton. We got to lock down the border. People can't just come here. We can't be relocating people. They need to stay in whatever country while we probably like you're literally expousing that position. And with Joe Biden, it gets much creepier the further you go back, right, racial jungles and stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, man, it's oh, what is hold on? So the wait there was.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, all right, so he hasn't gone to jail. I want to be accurate here. So the guy, the guy made the memes that they literally well they was sentenced to jail, so the appeals court gave him a stay while they hear the case. Okay, still they're they're putting the guy in jail, or they're trying to put the guy in jail with the power of the US government.
Speaker 2: The oj is trying to put the student in jail. So well, that's good. Frankly, that's probably probably should have happened earlier. I don't know. But back to the Clinton stuff or the Joe stuff. It's like.
Speaker 1: You were just you were on a campaign stump like ten years ago, and this was your position. It would almost be interesting to see what the Republican position was then, was it? Was it summary execution or or was that did that used to be one of the because I claim that immigration is one of those things where when you talk about the Mono Party or the Uni Party or any of that stuff, but really it was one of those strange things where there seemingly a comfort level for the most part amongst the sides. Right every then he'd have a blow up like with Reagan did with Tip O'Neil and and then Reagan would get screwed, and but but you had you had a win for quote unquote both sides of the aisle. It's like the ABC system in North Carolina. I can't understand why you why you still do that if you're if you're a person in government in North Carolina, while you look at that and go, I'm for small government, but what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: But I also realized that anytime they talk about doing away with it, you have some very prominent traditional conservative donators, supporters and stumpers, a lot of it's you know, religious related, but who are like, no, we shouldn't do that because more people will drink. And the Dems they just love anything where government has the reins of it, so they're cool there. And he's so weird to me. And immigration kind of felt like that at one time. Again, it's got his peaks and valleys. So when you send Bill Clinton out and he's going to go out there, but needs to be twenty twenty four Bill Clinton, I don't know that he's capable of it.
Speaker 9: I understand why young Palestinian and Arab Americans in Michigan are. I think too many people have died since. I get that. But if you lived in one of those kibutsen and in Israel right next to Gaza, where the people there were the most pro friendship with Palestine, most pro two state solution of any of the Israeli communities, we're the ones right next to Gaza and Hamas butchered them.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: So this is, by the way, this is Bill Clinton talking in the same way. And you have to understand, Bill, part of Bill Clinton's legacy is at stake here, right. He was Camp David President, the Camp David Summit, that was Clinton, right, and if you remember it, while it was lauded for his attempt to do something. It also was a little egg on his face because their fat, as we found out, was stealing all that money, a lot of that money, by the way, from us. So I don't know if it's like a little revenge tail in his head or whatever, or if he's just being normal Bill Clinton from about that time, because that's what it kind of sounds like. And it gets more in the Trump.
Speaker 9: Camp and so then the people who criticized that are essential sin. Yeah, but look how many people you've killed in retaling? So how many is enough for you to kill to punish them for the terrible things they did. That all sounds nice until you realize what would you do if it was your family and you hadn't done anything but support a homeland for the fowl sentience and one day they come for you and slaughter the people in your village. You would say, well, you will have to forgive me. I'm not keeping score that way. It isn't how many we've had to kill, because hamas make sure that they're shielded by civilians. That'll force you to kill civilians if you want to defend yourself.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine Bill Clinton trying to how long do you think a speech about this would last on the campus of Columbia.
Speaker 2: Right now a millisecond.
Speaker 1: No, they would have heard this, and they probably would try to barricade them coming in.
Speaker 2: The hell is going on?
Speaker 1: I can only chalk it up to he doesn't have there's no higher aspirations. Here's a two term president. Even with all this stuff, He's he's generally remembered positively and frankly over LA. I would I take Bill Clinton all day over the last four years we just had. And he's out there saying these things that are that are provable facts that are if you say them in other settings, like people go, oh, why do you why do you hate Muslims? What what do you talk? I'm talking about a strategic thing that's happening. They're literally there's a tunnel under the hospital in like Barrick Man. But Bill Clinton's out there and he's stuck in two thousand mode. You didn't even have to go look for an old clip of him. And I point this out because that was it was also Hillary's position. As much as they probably had some rocky moments in their marriage, they generally run the same page. And it shows you with Hillary still being in it, how much it evolved her. It's it's it's a it's a fascinating litmus test there, right, because she stayed in the muck.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, they're all in the muck.
Speaker 1: With Global Initiative and the speaking stuff and of course the circles that they you know, they still run in. But like, because Hillary was actively pursuing to be in a position of power again, she had to evolve her positions, which clearly don't seem to match that of her husband, and they were always very much the same positions. You know, they talk about it. It's like the meme that Elon tweeted in others, it's the whole Overton window thing, like a.
Speaker 2: I I would love even though they Hillary would be she'd have some little cutesy way of getting out of it.
Speaker 1: But like, just sit, just sit any of these cats down, Biden, Hillary, Bill, any of them and just be hey, I'm gonna play some tape of you giving a speech to the friggin un in two thousand and two or something, and then we're gonna put a paid for Donald Trump thing at the at the end, and it's going to look like you're in Dorset him because that's the positions you're expousing. So anyway, all right, seven eighteen coming up Pete Callen or he'll join us. That'll be at eighth five. I don't know why Mark Cuban keeps wading in it, but he does. So we will get to get to that here in just a moment. We did have a hit piece, although it was more on.
Speaker 2: The media, or at.
Speaker 1: Least the media who might be considered positive to Trump, not in all cases.
Speaker 2: And you know how anytime they.
Speaker 1: Run a gun article and it becomes really really clear, really really quick, like the whoever's writing this doesn't know about guns except maybe from video games or something. Okay, what happens if you don't know about trucks? Well, Politico would like to show you. We'll get to that much more coming up here on the case O Day radio program. This is that I literally just saw this story, so bear all right. So here's here's the here's the crux of the story. So there was a Halloween party.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 1: It was earlier in the week for firefighters in Nova Scotia. This is up in Canada, and so they have the the big Halloween party and it's for I don't know. I don't know if it's a volunteer system where they are or what. But they call it, they refer to it as the fire club and those associated with it. So you have firefighters, E mts and family and friends and whoever else they invite.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so they had their big they had their big.
Speaker 1: Party, and uh, here comes for individuals into the party. You can't see who they are because they're in costume. And when I say they're in costume, I mean they're in clan robes. Showed up to the party which was literally at one point being streamed, and not because they were there, just somebody was saying, that's where a lot of the video emerged from.
Speaker 2: Four of you.
Speaker 1: And now they're saying, although they're being a little cagey here, they say they haven't confirmed the four are. Let me read their statement. I want to be one hundred percent clear. We apologize to any and all community were offended or hurt by our lack of action. The four individuals are not firefighters, though they may have been.
Speaker 2: So here's what it sounds like. It sounds like the four in the clan outfits.
Speaker 1: Were either related to or invited by people who are firefighters or family of I don't. I don't know, but holy hell, man, that is when you told me Lincoln was going to go as the goat simulator goat, I mean that thing is a spot on man.
Speaker 3: His backpack too, He's wearing his custom Simulator three backpack.
Speaker 2: So is it?
Speaker 1: I kind of pretty good looking at the one picture your wife posted here. Yeah, no, there's another while he's still facing me so I can't see him. Yeah, very cool. You got so candy was acquired.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming he probably got more candy this year than any previous year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at that. It's so weird. I'm looking at the houses in the back of the neighbor that doesn't I've been. That doesn't look like your street? Where is that? Where is that? All right? I mean slightly sarcastic.
Speaker 1: So when you open any of the candy where there are edged weapons or firearms inside any not yet? Okay, all right, Well maybe you'll get lucky and there'll be a glock somebody stuffed into a Hershey's or something. By the way, I understand that it's clickbait, but to some extent. But then I saw like ESPN's host started embracing this.
Speaker 2: Who is a dan Orlowsky? I think really got it going.
Speaker 1: And so yesterday for a little while you had this big conversation on social media and then with some of the sports guys like dah the most overrated.
Speaker 2: Halloween candy and.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big candy guy, but the one they picked is the one that I'll probably eat if you offer it to me.
Speaker 2: Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 3: That's absurd.
Speaker 2: Can we get elon?
Speaker 1: I know you've done what you weren't gonna send people on that first rocket to Mars, but can I add some folks, dude.
Speaker 3: Reces is so popular, like they have it for every holiday, every holiday, Llween, Christmas, Eastern nine.
Speaker 1: Different For I was literally grocery shopping yesterday and I was at the checkout, you know, and they got all the cant you know, the bad decision, last minute of bad decisions there and they have like there's like nine reces there with pumpkins, some with pumpkins on there. They have this giant one that's in the shape of a pumpkin. Like if you want Rece's, they got you covered for Halloween, man, and the Easter and Valentine's and all the days, right, and if you're a candy company, that's probably a good thing. But yeah, overrated. Right straight into the sun man, you get on the rocket, Oh, we're going to Mars. I guess you know, at least they're not executing me summarily here on Earth or going to Mars. And then like you blast off and you take a left turn, they're like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Where are we going? You hear that, by the way, where I did a little fake voice.
Speaker 1: It kind of has a Bill Burr sound, and I don't do it as much because I don't want people think I'm copying Bill Burr. But I don't sound like Elmo, like Morning Joe.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get in there and be like, why are we going left? What's over there? Why is it getting so hot in here? Like, you know, put a can in there? Number two butter fingers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe people have strong feelings on the butterfingers. It's not for me, which is weird because it's also, I guess purportedly peanut buttery, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was on there. And then uh, oh, I do where's the other one? Yeah? Here we go all right, now that I'm in this, we're just gonna get this, all right.
Speaker 1: So number two is butterfingers, number three, Twizzlers, number four nerds. How did you feel it, Ross, when you were a kid, the little boxes of nerds? Those were those were a staple. I don't know if they still are. Again, I'm not a big candy guy. Like those weren't the ones you were trying to trade away to your siblings because you didn't want them. No, Like nerds were okay, fantastic. Yeah, and you get that little sound of them rattling in there. Oh yeah, number five Hershey's original case. This is why you think it's trolling.
Speaker 2: But yet, like.
Speaker 1: There's so many what's the worst candy? Let me let me ask this and not the worst thing you can get a Halloween because I get it, there's a dentist, he gives toothbrushes whatever that monster, But like, what's the thing where if you you're like were even when you're a kid, and they're like you can take one, You're like, I'm good, I'm okay, I can tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: What was the no go candy when you were a kid where you didn't want nothing to do with it. Banana laughy taffy bury that in the landfill. Man, Oh no, ain't nobody got time for that. As one wise female philosopher one said, all right, let me grab a call here, Donna.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 10: Good morning, casey. I would say, black liquorice.
Speaker 2: No, black liquorice is fine.
Speaker 1: I understand that people go very different ways on it, but I mean universally, who's eating banana laffy taffy?
Speaker 2: Explain that to me?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh no.
Speaker 2: You bet.
Speaker 1: If you said it over to us, I said, set it over the Russia putin probably love it.
Speaker 10: You could send it to North Korea. You know they they would love it too, because they don't even have. Hey, I was calling about Mackie the guy who uh went to jail.
Speaker 2: I think that the meme dude I was talking about earlier.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I mean everybody knew it was a joke. What he had done and what got him in trouble was that he targeted African Americans and with an AD that will look like an AD and it said to avoid the line vote from home textillery, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: Well, he targeted, He targeted a geographic district, and so this is when you get into the causation stuff. But yeah, here's the here's the thing he made. Actually you're gonna say it, so go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well what Jimmy Kimmel did was just the same, pretty much the same. He targeted Trump voters and not only not only that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the dude with who made the meme.
Speaker 1: Dude, he also did others that targeted quote unquote other areas. So thereby other groups.
Speaker 10: So hearts with women, you know. But the thing is too he only had fifty eight thousand followers on Twitter. How many people watch Jimmy Kimmel? How many people does he read?
Speaker 2: Ten? I don't know, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: He should watch him basically his closest family and friends, of which you.
Speaker 10: I agree, But he should go to jail.
Speaker 2: Neither of them should go to jail. I'm gonna neither of them should go to jail.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, I'll agree with that. But if one's going to go to jail, the other one should be pulled on the carpet.
Speaker 9: Two.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's all we're arguing for here. And you know what, if you want to should.
Speaker 10: I have said it all in a different voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he wants to get on the Sun Express with the guys who besmirched Reces, then that's fine.
Speaker 2: We'll find him a seat.
Speaker 8: So I thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna eat a bigger ship, Elon. And I know what you're saying. Hey, my ship, the literally the one we just launched off than the one you saw get caught.
Speaker 2: With the little.
Speaker 1: Uh metal chopsticks thing was the biggest space per That's the other thing too. For everyone wants to deport Elon, you have to recognize that that ship, that the one you saw get caught while you're all rooting for it to explode maybe, uh, judging by some of the live streams I watched with lunatics uh hosting, that was the largest thing we've ever put in space. Not by a little that's the biggest. That is the biggest thing that we have ever fired into the Cosmos and returned to Earth. It's the biggest thing we've ever fired into space. But also on top of it, having never fired something that big into space instead of what would have been absolutely okay refire into space and and what it does re entry, it does the whole splash.
Speaker 2: Down old school thing.
Speaker 1: No, they went, all right, Not only is this gonna be the biggest thing we've ever fired into space have and have the most complexity to it, but we're also gonna catch it on the launch pad the first time. So we're gonna need a bigger Sun Express ship, is what I'm saying. And I know you guys are the guys for the job over at SpaceX, because I'm making a list, all right, seven forty four Jeff mar from the Weather Channel. We're trying to figure out who to put on the Elon ship and then we're gonna fire him into the Sun because I'm just annoyed with people this morning. So we're telling they're going to Mars and then when they get out there, they're gonna turn left and they're gonna be and they're gonna be like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Where are we going? And it's just gonna get warmer. It'll be great.
Speaker 1: So that's how I'm spending my Friday. Jeff, give me some good weather to make this list too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 11: Were you happy with that high of eighty two yesterday for Halloween?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, but then it just caused kids to be everywhere knocking on doors and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know, some loose the well.
Speaker 11: I was going to say, if you liked it yesterday, you'll be happy as we start off November today, because we're going to climb up to eighty two again for a high, a little bit of fog early, then a mix of clouds and sun for the afternoon with a light breeze out of the southwest initially. Then we we'll pick up a little bit more through the afternoon of the high of eighty two, and then tonight increasing clouds, possibly an isolated chower too after midnight with a low in the upper fifties, and this is going to feel a little bit more like fall during the weekend behind that front, some clouds tomorrow up to sixty eight. Party cloudy is Saturday night alone, you're fifty. On Sunday, plenty of sun. We'll hit sixty eight and then we warm back up with the mix of clouds and sun on Monday, mid seventies for Election Day, sunny with a high and your seventy nine degrees.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jeff, we'll chatt in an hour. Appreciate it, sir. You got there, you go, Jeff Maher.
Speaker 1: From the Weather Channel, Oh yeah, all right, So I mentioned us it's funny when a report that's not funny, it's sad actually. But when a reporter writes about guns and it's clear they don't know anything about gun, right, and we point those things out, how deep does that pit go? Apparently it extends to other things as well, And we'll give you that story next here on the CaCO Day radio program. News stories you claim to have researched, right, you dug into it so that you had, because that's your job. Really, you are on behalf of me, the consumer. When I'm consuming media. You're digging into it and you're going to go ahead and you're going to tell me, hey, this is here's what I found, here's the facts, and do with it what you will.
Speaker 2: Now, that's in a perfect world.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we we know the state of modern journalism where either by story selection, headlining for headline readers that you know, belie what is in the actual story, and of course just the manipulation of what's in the story itself.
Speaker 2: These are all problems.
Speaker 1: But when you screw some up or you get a very basic thing, it just flushes all credibility in most people's minds. So when you're you know, when you're a member of Congress running around saying we need gun control because there was a fifty caliber AR fifteen, which is technically a possibility that weighs as much as six boxes of paper. I'm assuming that the standard sized printer paper boxes you get in an office, and no they don't. There's if a gun weighed as much as six of those, it wouldn't be very useful in that size. But I digress. But when you're the reporter rit man, you gotta get it. Case in point Politico doing their fair share of the Trump garbage truck incident. By the way, Ross, my favorite line yesterday in a story was a bit of a throwaway, and they said Trump seated in a garbage truck and referred to as campaign stunt. But then they uttered this line. It's not clear whether he actually retrieved any garbage what So did Trump claim that he just did a shift picking up garbage because we played his audio, Yes, I'm pretty sure he said that they were like on the plane, right, you know, and yeah.
Speaker 3: You know in the speech he said he was in the truck for about two minutes, then he went in his car, went to the rally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he talked about. He spent more time describing how he how getting in the truck right, and he even ross had to bleep it because uh, and it's funny if you listen to it, I'm bleep and you're an adult because he says the S word. He's like, I started up at that first step and it's right here, and I went, oh, you know, sword.
Speaker 3: It's the best delivery of the S word I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. So so I I I.
Speaker 1: So now you're debunking whether he went and and did a shift.
Speaker 2: It's just so stupid.
Speaker 1: Did Kamala manufacture silicon? She just tried to kill herself with it the other day. I'm I'm unclear. Did she run the uh the the assembly line? I want photos? Or you're just being dumb, but I digress. So Politico they got to cover it. Here's the headline, Trump a dump truck, a bright orange vest. And it's only Wednesday. Obviously this was from Wednesday. Trump a dump truck, a bright orange vest?
Speaker 2: Are we so?
Speaker 1: I understand people who don't shoot.
Speaker 2: That never round guns.
Speaker 1: Really their gun education is well, most of it is what's you know, shoved down their gullets in pop culture which.
Speaker 2: Can or cannot be accurate. Most times it's not accurate.
Speaker 1: I would argue ninety nine percent of the time when you see somebody using a firearm depicted in a movie, there is a high probability that it's not accurate the way it's being depicted.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you also know this.
Speaker 1: And I own several glocks, very popular handgun you'll see in you know, movie thrillers and all that stuff. They stop shooting after just well a dozen or so, depends what model you have, but we'll go a dozen ish a little more, especially if you get the one with the extra finger on the UH.
Speaker 2: Magazine there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well now, because now I'm thinking I need to go get another one of those.
Speaker 2: But that's not what we're here for. But a truck.
Speaker 1: You can't tell a dump truck from a trash truck. You don't have to be in either business. I've never been a garbage man. And while I have worked on a job site where dump trucks may have been because in roofing, they you know, you throw all the old roof off into there the way we did it, I've never driven a dump so but I know what the difference is and if under the little slide off the top of the roof where we were showing throwing all the old roof and the wheelbarrows down so it would slide down into the truck, if I glanced off the side of the building and saw that somebody pulled a garbage truck up to it, I would alert my boss. I'd be like, I don't know, man, you ordered the wrong truck. So the political reporter and the thing is, and this is why it's so heinous that you got this wrong. The whole reason for this was predicated on the word garbage, right, So it like the truck that was selected wasn't an afterthought. It was very specific to be a garbage truck. If Joe Biden had said that, I don't know, Trump supporters are a bunch of cement heads, which by the way, sounds like an insult, he would lob when his brain flashed back to his flapper days or whatever, like, oh, there's cement heads, right, and like only your nana recognizes. Oh yeah, they used to say that all the time, Like then a cement truck would be appropriate, but they called him garbage. It's a garbage truck, so you got literally arguably the most important aspect of this story, not you know, excluding who's in it, the presidential candidate. Wrong, and then your editor, I'm sure looked at it and what that looks good to me?
Speaker 2: Good job, here's a raise. All right, go tear some Trump signs down or whatever you do in your free time, mister reporter. Well, radio guys, shoot the breeze. Pete Calender mid Days WBT down and Charlotte joins us, Good morning, Pete. How you doing sir?
Speaker 8: Hey? I am okay. How are you today?
Speaker 1: Are you so happy that it's almost Tuesday? Or are you so like, oh my god, it's almost election day? And then all could you and I both know this isn't going to be something that's clean and summed up by eight o'clock next Tuesday.
Speaker 8: Night, correct, Right, So I guess to answer your question, I know it was an either or kind of a question, but I'm gonna say yes to both. So that went. Yeah, it's like, oh yeah, we're almost there, because you know, for the last you know, six weeks or so, it's just called it kind of a sprint to get to the you know, to the election day, just you know, very busy time of year, a lot of events going on, lots of stuff going on, and so I just got to get on the other side of election day. But we also know that it's probably gonna get worse, you know what.
Speaker 2: It's like. It's like the Bush Gore thing, where, yeah, that it was all done, even though not you know, obviously a bunch of people weren't happy and they still claim though it stole an election, which I that's weird.
Speaker 1: But like I remember a getting to the other side of that going, oh, thank god, we don't do that every time. And now I'm like, right then, you look at like Pennsylvania, like we may not know for three days, right, they put out all these things, and you're like Brazil break in Brazil. You ever see viral video from Brazil. It's always the most insane thing, right, some guy, Why would you, by the way, why would you stick up rob anyone in Brazil?
Speaker 2: Is a good question.
Speaker 1: Almost every one of those shop owners fights back. You can hear little Portuguese.
Speaker 2: In the background.
Speaker 1: Okay, they managed to do their elections last Saturday, and they had the results at the end. Now, granted wasn't the presidential It was kind of like their their midterm elections, but like they have a whole city that they put in the middle of the Amazon because they could, and still they got all their stuff. They got it all handled in Brazil, and you know that's obviously they're they're very political. Animosity in Brazil is very high if you followed any of that.
Speaker 12: So well, yeah, well, what is kind of amazing is how the more technologically advanced our society becomes, the.
Speaker 8: Less ability we have to conduct timely elections. And Florida you mentioned the year, you know, the two thousand election, and they were Florida with such a laughing stock that they cleaned up their system to the point where they're basically done. You know, they've got way more people now than they did in two thousand, so there are more people voting. So that's that's obviously not the problem. It's it's the administration. It's the system that is used, and so they were able to figure it out and clean it up and get results quickly enough. But some states they've gone backwards. It takes longer now than it did when they were like having to ride the ballots by horseback to the county seat, you know, for counting. It's just it's almost makes me think that it might be somewhat intentional.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, maybe, Well I don't ask you another question, since you just you can't see if Pete just grabbed himself a tinfoil hat. Do you think it's also interesting that following the Gore Bush thing that since then Florida isn't really a swing state anymore and it's a red state.
Speaker 8: I then repealing these ways is through the tinfoil hat. I am getting what you're sending down.
Speaker 2: Clean everything up, and then now it's the other thing.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, that is kind of interesting to note. I don't know what the what the explanation on that might be, but I don't want to say it's causation, but it does appear to be correlation.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I like that. We'll get some science terms in here. We you know what we need.
Speaker 1: We need a grant, a bunch of money. What did Wake Forest get for giving those monkeys cocaine? It was like two hundred thousand, so we could get that.
Speaker 8: Well, you're gonna you're gonna give me a grant for doing cocaine?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, do you remember the wake for it? It was in the you know that annual book of government waste? Uh who is it that used to put it out?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It wasn't like it wasn't coressional quarterly or something what' No, it wasn't down I know, the Book of.
Speaker 1: About Yeah, I think Grassley took it over for a while and then I don't point is that one of the things in there. We did a parody song to it, because how could you not, uh wake fort They got a they got like two hundred thousand or a hundred and eighty thousand I think it was, and they wanted to study what happens if they gave primates cocaine, and believe it or not, it amps them up.
Speaker 2: So really yeah, yeahs of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you give them a bunch some of them are like that's amazing, and they will literally try to, you know, hurt you for it so.
Speaker 2: To get more accomplished. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But going back to going back to the presidential thing there, yeah, I don't dude, I'll tell you what's interesting. So one of the things that we have in possession, my family has, my brother has it is.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of a lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it was a Western expansion thing as people went and homesteaded.
Speaker 2: Out in the West.
Speaker 1: It was during the era it was very popular to keep pretty extensive like diaries of what's going on, and it's fascinating and I have and one of the entries in there is my great great grandparents finding out that James Garfield was the president in December, right, wow, Yeah, news came of Christmas. I can't remember how it's written or something. So it's almost Christmas and they find out who the damn president is. They probably could have found out sooner because you've got telegraph lines and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: They were just out there. They didn't care, man.
Speaker 8: So then it was a different time where the election of a president really didn't have that much of an impact on your life. And this is one of the things I've said to people for years. Why when they complain and lament about the you know how sick they are of politics, and I don't care about this stuff, and oh my gosh, it's all crazy and everything. If you want to reduce the effect of politics in your personal life, then you need to you need to limit the size of government, because that's the only reason everything is political. It's because the government is involved in everything. And the bigger the federal government becomes, the more it wants to be a part of your life. And if you don't want it to be a part of your life, and you don't care about this stuff, and you're annoyed by all the ads, and you know, why do I have to care about all this stuff, then you should be for a limited government. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are looking at government now is sort of a stand in for religion.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Let me just because I want to be one hundred percent here. Or you can get a constoga wagon ahead about one thousand miles into what is literally described in your diary is quote the savage territory and set up shop there and try not to get murdered by you know, nature and the people that are there and everything else. And then you don't have time to worry about whether James Garfield.
Speaker 8: Won that's true. Yeah, whether there's a cat or a dog as president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're like, please don't burn my homestead and murder my family and anyway, all right, So from that happy note to this, here's the other reason.
Speaker 2: I'll just be so happy it's over.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure this happens to you as well, so I don't have to in every social setting inevitably get the question.
Speaker 2: Do you know the question I'm talking about? Pete?
Speaker 8: I can I take a guess?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, all right?
Speaker 8: Who do you think is going to win?
Speaker 2: You're in radio? Who do you think is gonna win? Let me? Let me just say this? And Pete you can you can? Yeah, you're nay this?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: If I knew who was gonna win every time, I wouldn't be in radio anymore. I would be the.
Speaker 1: Richest political consultant you've ever seen. I would I would buy Elon's companies just to you know, just to flex.
Speaker 2: The amount of money i'd make that willing to throw at you. I don't know, Pete doesn't know unless you do know, Yes, that's correct, right?
Speaker 8: Like if you look at what what's his face? Nate Silver and Harry Enton and like some of the guys that are like the one that I mean, these people are paid quite handsomely, way more than radio people are. They're paid a lot of money to crunch a lot of numbers to try to make predictions, which I'm really I'm not really sure what the point of that is for public consumption. I know why campaigns do it, you know, in order to try to ship strategies and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: Els they put it in fund raising emails, so they do make some public facing use of it.
Speaker 8: But you're right, yeah, right, But but like, why would why do media companies want to know what the prediction might be? It's like it's all speculative. Who cares? Like there's no value to you predicting who might win or whether it's too close to call or something like that. I this this constant obsession with the you know, the horse race of it all. And I know why it's it's a substitute for actual journalism, right, because it's cheap and easier to just report on pulling and then speculate where nobody will ever hold you accountable for, uh mispredicting the outcome of an election if no one's going to remember what you predicted. So it's well I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: How many times have you seen the New York Times Hillary's going to win ninety three percent? You know election night graph right, used as a meme like people play so what's the.
Speaker 8: What's the payoff on that too? Like this is like the cost benefit is if you are wrong and you make a big deal about your prediction and then you are wrong, right, the downside is pretty substantial. And if you're right, what do you get out of that? You get to say, oh, well, I predicted it, and everybody's like, okay, well, good for you. Like nobody cares about that, you know, And what is the value in being able to predict the outcome of a race? You're basically saying, Hey, look at me, I pulled the slot lever, especially in a race like this, I pulled the slots lever and I won, So I'm awesome at slots.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I honestly, I think you know a lot of this stuff, and you know you know it as well as I do. In this business, in the media business, there are a lot of things that we do that we still do that we used to do that I don't necessarily know why we do them anymore. Right, there's certain service elements that are probably not how people get them.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: In the example, school closings, right, we used to have that was that was our jam.
Speaker 2: Right, school closings in the world of radio.
Speaker 1: We were gods mana wait are our twelve plus numbers?
Speaker 2: And six plus numbers looked amazing on the low end if there was a little bit of snow in the air and then and that went by the wayside. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: And that brings me to this other conversation. Do you think that we're finally seeing some forced evolution within some of the media entities. Jeff Bezos would be the big example. Jury's out on the LA Time stuff. But what do you what do you think's up with that? Because now there, you know, a lot of them are taking their ball and going home. And I say, good riddance, And he says he wants a conservative columnists. But then I say, like Gen Rubin, you mean and I don't know? So is that is that the theory is that he wants his space which is a much bigger part of his fortune, his space company, to be on good terms with Trump since he's all about space and he doesn't care.
Speaker 2: So that's the conspiracy.
Speaker 1: Or do you think Bezos is going this is not a model that works long term, and we got to make some changes.
Speaker 8: Right Well, he wrote in the op ed, and I read like the whole thing twice. And you know, do you take him at his word when he says like that these decisions were made independent of that meeting that occurred between one of the Space Division guys and Trump.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have a hard time.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time with Bezos, and it's his own fault. And I think it was not because he was actively trying to go out to deceive. I think he was dismissive to be smug and it got been received as that, which is that's his sin, and it's going to attach to him. So no, I don't take him in his word. I don't take anybody at their word anymore.
Speaker 8: Right, But having no other information, then it's like, okay, well, I don't know what the actual motivation was because I'm not in the room with the guy or asking him his you know, true motivations and being able to interview him to try to get at the truth.
Speaker 7: So all I have.
Speaker 8: Are the public facing statements, right, and the actions and the guy's losing millions of dollars every year subsidizing left wing activism that is now the Washington Post and the readership is greater. So you either want to be you know, a dominant player in the DC market, or you keep doing what you're doing. And he says, we're going to keep doing what We're not going to keep doing what we're doing anymore. And I don't know about hiring more conservatives. I saw over at RedState dot com. I don't know the writer what their real name is. They go by streafe or strife, str ei f F. And he suggest yeah, he suggested, you really want to show good faith return the Puetzer for all of the Russia gate craft that you won, like that would be an indication that that you should that you should not be rewarded for that kind of garbage. Oh sorry, I didn't mean.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, well actually actually aphrophe. No, I'm sorry, it's it's too late. I am the official boy. This stenographer letter. They're gonna try to play, but let me let me ask you. Let's transition to this just.
Speaker 2: About two and a half minutes, yeah, or two minutes the I remember.
Speaker 1: Did you watch that comedian live at Trump's rally? I remember thinking, oh, man, why why? I don't know that that was very and then within two days it's Trump in a garbage truck. Will Politico called it a dump truck because it's they got their gun reporter out, I think, and he didn't know anything about guns or trucks and and like and all of a sudden, it's like it's like Trump playing, It's.
Speaker 2: The reversal of fortune.
Speaker 1: How do you not think Biden's actively working against her tinfoil hat back for the last ninety seconds?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, full circle, I don't. I don't think that Joe Biden is actually trying to do the fact that he came out and tried to clean it up immediately, like I I don't think you have to attribute to you know, I don't know a cognitive willingness. What can probably be accurately described best.
Speaker 2: By the life cycle of the story is crazy for That's.
Speaker 8: What's nothing right. Well, because they're they're they're they're trying to make it into this thing where Donald Trump hates Puerto Ricans, he hates Hispanic males and sees so guys, you can't vote for him now. It's the standard stuff. It's and the insult comic was just a stupid idea. But they were trying to tap into this you know, YouTube influencer, uh generation and yeah, no, yeah, yeah, I would not have booked him for a political event, but they did. He makes a joke about the landfill issue on Puerto Rico, and.
Speaker 2: Which is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which is the thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah is the thing?
Speaker 1: And and like I was told the story when I was in Puerto Rico. There's a there's a little town on the north shore there where like Hemingway used to go and write and they got you know, the exact tours kind of stuff, and they're like, yeah, but but there's a big dump next to it and it's stinks that don't go there. I've been told this at the hotel. So anyway, all right, Pete, I got a roll man. He didn't even tell us who's gonna win. But on you know, next visit, we'll have some answers. Maybe we'll see you then maybe yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, and we'll be back. Hang on, dude, it's so funny all this, all the politics and stuff going on, and people have been emailing and sending their least favorite Halloween candy. So look that's what gets the clip ross run the wrong business. We just need to do three hours at Halloween candy discussion. Mounds is the most overrated.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was never a mounds onm enjoyed person. But I understand that some people like it. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: AnyWho. All right, let me throw this out.
Speaker 1: So obviously Tuesday there's a thing coming up election or something, and so we're gonna do our normal let's get the candidates on thing that we do, but we have refined it so as to not require Ross and I to well mostly Ross to have to go out and you know, get in connection with all the candidates and schedule all that.
Speaker 2: So we don't do it.
Speaker 1: The way that we do it is we provide on Monday and Tuesday an opportunity during the normal course of the show while we're doing the other stuff, for if you are a candidate who is on a ballot in the in one of our listening areas. So try a triangle and basically, if you can get a radio signal and you're on a ballot and you want to call in and say hello, talk to me for a few minutes. I'll ask you a few questions. Rossill verify to make sure it's you, So there's no shenanigans. That's how we'll do it. But there's no scheduling nothing. So don't reach out and be like, can I have a fifteen Monday. You will be ignored, not the personal, well that point it is because I told you not to, but that will open it up. The cattle call will be coming. Just know it's Monday or Tuesday. So look, if you're somebody who works with a candidate and you're like, hey, this is great, just let him know and then be listening Monday and Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: And we'll, uh, you know, we'll do.
Speaker 1: The thing that we do very simple. So that's your that's your head's up there. And but that's not today. We only got thirty minutes left anyway, and I frankly rather talk about anything but this. Hey, let's go here from Mark Cuban, shall we who? And I guess I have to remind people of this every time Mark Cuban Donald Trump got.
Speaker 2: A little beef.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's as much as it was on Trump's part, where like I think he sees Cuban as a bit of a foil, but he hasn't leaned into him, kind of Jim Acosta ish but man, And maybe that's what's ramping Cuban up because he keeps doing more and more interviews.
Speaker 2: He's had to it. He just apologized for something I'm going to play for you, which again I don't.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. I didn't really have beef with Mark Cuban. Hell, I almost worked for Mark Cuban. One of the jobs I was considering it was, and frankly I probably should have because I think everyone in that company ended up getting a nice little payoff.
Speaker 2: When they went public.
Speaker 1: But like he was doing, he was doing some He was trying to be into satellite and delivery of radio, TV and a bunch of other stuff, which he has those companies still. So with that in mind, you have to know why Mark Cuban really doesn't like Trump. And it's so funny that I always bring it up. So in two thousand and four, Donald Trump was doing The Apprentice. I don't know if you heard of it. It was kind of a big deal, and in two thousand and four it was a hell of a big deal, but it was killing it, man. And I will tell you this, I never watched The Apprentice, but I'm not really a TV guy, and I'm sure not a reality show guy, so I don't know. I vaguely saw clips who was the chick on there?
Speaker 2: Who was kind of the the heel Amerosa.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, right, And I would see the stories about her, And that was a weird thing too, because like, didn't she jump on the let's attack Trump train when you were in for president? I think she did almost immediate or no, she initially was for him and then against him. It was a whole weird thing. So that's what I know of it. But when he was doing it, he was having an immense amount of success, so much so as TV stations do. Another network decided they were going to do their own and they carved out a show that you probably don't remember, and I got Mark Cuban to host the thing. It was called The Benefactor, but it was basically The Apprentice, And sometimes you can have multiple shows, but sometimes you can't. In fact, his was so bad it did six episodes and it canceled it. It didn't even make a full season. And I don't know if Trump. Obviously Trump was aware of it because he responded to it, but I don't know if the two were talking. He wrote Mark Cuban this letter in October of two thousand and four. It said, Dear Mark, I am truly sorry to hear your show has been canceled for lack of ratings. When I initially called you to congratulate you on the Benefactor, little did you or I realize how disastrous and embarrassing it would turn out to be for you. If you ever decide to do another show, please call me and I'll be happy to lend a helping hand.
Speaker 2: Best wishes, Donald Trump. He sent that letter to Cuban man.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the reason that we have a picture of the letter is it was Cuban who posted a picture of the letter, so it's not even an alleged thing there. Cuban said, that's the letter he got sent. So yeah, that's uh, that's uh. I've seen the Niagara Falls story. I just don't want to do it. People keep sending it to me this morning.
Speaker 2: I just I don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: I feel now I have to because I've just finally snapped on it. It's a horrible story. Please a Niagara Falls say a mother intentionally went over Niagara Falls with her two kids.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you because you're gonna see the damn thing I have.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna I'm not even gonna appeal this story up. I'll just let me give you the details. Thirty three year old mother climbed over a safety rail and intentionally went over the falls with her kids, a nine year old and a.
Speaker 2: Five year old. Yeah. So it's just horrible and and.
Speaker 1: Just like all the aspects of all I like, the thought process that went into going yet this, that we will do this I can't even fathom.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: The search and rescue efforts unsuccessful, which which is actually pretty crazy to me. Right, but if you Russ, you ever go to Niagara Falls?
Speaker 2: I mean you were in New York. Do you ever go to the falls itself?
Speaker 1: Okay, Like it's messy down there at the bottom because it's a giant waterfall. And I didn't go on the missed the boat thing. I'm like, I'm good up here. This is fine. But yeah, I guess maybe it would be hard to find folks you're looking for there, but holy cow man, Yeah, it's it's awful. So there you go to me into sharing it.
Speaker 2: You're happy? All right? Back to the Mark Cuban thing.
Speaker 1: So Mark Cuban obviously he's got some Trump beef and he's been out there, and then him and Elon although I don't know how serious.
Speaker 2: The elon thing is, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But that means because you have a tmu uh elon uh in your in your sights, the networks keep putting this guy on. So it was inevitable he was going to say something because Mark Cuban.
Speaker 2: One of the things I used to.
Speaker 1: Like about Mark Cuban is the way that he told the NBA to kiss his petard so often. Right, Remember the fines used to dish out on this too. He's like, I don't care. You guys are dumb. And I thought that was funny. But I'm also anti establishment dude, And I guess maybe I thought Mark Cuban was for a while, but I was wrong. Here is Mark Cuban sticking his foot in his mouth.
Speaker 13: Donald Trump, you never see him around strong intelligent women ever.
Speaker 2: It's just that simple? Yeah, no, is it? Is it that simple? Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: The women around Donald Trump, and he's not referring to his wife. He's referring to and they're talking about campaign surrogates and the women that a photo of some win. I think there were women from North Carolina he was referencing in the U in the speech of Mandison Square Garden.
Speaker 2: But whatever, it is.
Speaker 1: It's like Cuban off and as you can imagine telling you know, the way that it was read is that Mark Cuban was saying that GOP women are not intelligent, not smart. I don't know how else you would necessarily take it, but he has he is, he said he misspoke.
Speaker 2: It was it was.
Speaker 1: An air and all right whatever, Yeah, but it was borne from just trying to fill space with hate man and not a well thought out thing. And and the difference is he wasn't trying to make a joke. That's not Mark Cuban, the comedian. That's Mark Cuban, the bus the guy from Shark Tank, right, the business dude, the Maverick's owner, that guy. So make of that what you will, but probably not a good campaign strategy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, We're going to have another warm day to start off November, and then it'll feel a little bit more like fall into the weekend with cooler air moving in behind to front of the meantime today partly Tumulty. Cloudy wins will continue out of the southwest through the afternoon, boosting the high to eighty two, and then tonight, ahead of the front a cloudy sky there will be a slight chance for a show or two after midnight with a low falling into the upper fifties, and then during the weekends some clouds tomorrow and the high sixty eight, some breaks in that cloud cover on Saturday night with a loanear fifty, and then wrapping up the weekend on Sunday, mostly Sunday with the hind yepper sixties high, so we hit the midw upper seventies from Monday into election Day on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, have a good weekend. You're with us Monday, right, Jeffino is in on Mondays. Oh, okay, have.
Speaker 1: A great week jeffs We'll have a Jeff and then thank you, and then we'll talk to a different Jeff, this one from Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bellinger.
Speaker 1: Next, hang on, Jeff Bellinger's here with the latest from Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 13: Okay, here it comes, Casey. The job creation took a hit in October. Labor Department reports just twelve thousand workers were added to pay rolls last month, far below the consensus. It was likely the result of Hurricanes Helene and Milton and the strike at Boeing. More than half a million workers were unable to work because of bad weather last month. Nation's unemployment rate held at four point one percent, and stocks are actually higher. The futures are higher than they were before the report came out. S and P futures up thirty points, Nasdaq futures up one hundred two, the Dow futures are up two hundred and eighteen, all up about half a percent. A Boeing is making another offer to its striking machinists, hoping to end the walkout that has shut down airplane production. The latest deal is backed by union leaders. It would hike workers pay by thirty eight percent over four years, and the machinists will receive a twelve thousand dollars signing bonus if the pact is ratified. A vote is set for Monday. Apple posted record revenue for the latest quarter, but investors were disappointed by a cautious forecast for the holiday period. Apple expects sales for the current quarter to show a percentage gain in the low to middle single digits. Amazon dot Com pleased investors with a quarterly report that showed the company humming on all cylinders. The internet retailer has been cutting and reallocating costs. Annalys say Amazon's retail and cloud computing businesses are both on sound putting now. Sony Pictures Television alleges it's being shortchanged by CBS Studios, which distributes the game shows Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Sony produces both of the popular shows. It has filed a lawsuit that claims CBS is not working aggressively enough to maximize revenue from licensing the shows to local TV stations and then selling the advertising within them. And Casey, Besides the Dodgers, the World Series produced another winner, Fox Sports. An average of nearly sixteen million people tuned in for each of the five games. The final game drew more than eighteen and a half million viewers. Only complaint was that it didn't go seven games, as far as the network is concerned.
Speaker 2: Casey, Yeah, yeah, it was some. It was.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be a longer series. But that was an absolute driven here.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 13: Thought I thought the Yankees would do better, certainly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well anyway, well, okay, thank you for that, Jeff. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Wamp bump in the pinstripes there. You know how sometimes we say bury him under the prison. I'm gonna go there with this. I'll give you the gist of this story. So excuse me flip back over to this. This is out of Florida and Boston actually because the main dude here is a Boston lawyer who set up this thing. So and it makes sense when you hear what it is. So in Florida there was a nonprofit lawyer's nonprofit called the Center for Special Needs Trust Administration, and it worked like this, if you have a family member that has a disability, or you have a disability, or you have a family member that is cognitively impaired, and you want to ensure financially after you're gone that they're going to have money obviously for their needs.
Speaker 2: You would, you would. These were the go.
Speaker 1: To guys for it, and so they had you'd set up these trusts, they would administer it. There was actually it was cheaper right because there was a charitable angle and it provided a lot of peace of mind for a lot of people. Well, it turns out, according to authorities, the the attorneys, including the who's the top guy, Leo Gavoni, a from Boston Finance Group. Uh, basically, we're just they spent all the money, not all of it. Technically they say only about seventy five percent of the trust were fully drained, the rest partially. So they spent all this money that had been put there by families wanting to ensure you know that there was financial management for folks, a lot of which who frankly are not in the power of attorney position.
Speaker 2: To handle their own finances.
Speaker 1: And these guys bought boats and hookers and blow and who the hell does what else?
Speaker 2: All right? I don't know for the hookers.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming though, if you're draining a hundred million, you stole one hundred million people or a hundred million dollars from disabled people like they can't get you in gen pop fast enough.
Speaker 2: So we'll see where that goes.
Speaker 1: That whole thing's unfolding down in it's out of Saint Pete, I think is real their headquartered, but down in the Tampa area, all right. And finally, police in Rhode Island made a rather interesting DWI arrest Jacqueline Nunez. Yeah, is that okay? That is the woman that was resting. Okay, I just want to make sure here, all right, so check this out. And why am I telling you this because two things. One she would initially they tried to stop or she sped off, so you have also eluding where was she going. Well, it appears after taking police on a brief pursuit through town, during which she kept randomly swerving and rapidly accelerating, eventventally.
Speaker 2: Pulling up to her.
Speaker 1: Home, that they realized this is the woman that lives in the house from the Conjuring the movie series, which is an actual house in Rhode Island. Is it Berryville or wherever it is, right, that's an actual It's like the Amityville House.
Speaker 2: It's a thing that exists.
Speaker 1: This woman lives there, and they took her into custody. They did the whole high risk traffic stuff because again, just because you drive home during a police chase and you get on your pridect that it's not a base, you're not safe.
Speaker 2: But also I think she might have been trying to injure the officers