Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign, dusted off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 1: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 1: The road comes through la Chum. Get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it. Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 1: Do it best?
Speaker 3: Overall? Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 1: Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim kays it's the Freeway Series at at Dodger Stadium. Hi, everybody, and I'll walk a bit into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, you're official Dodger pregame show. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty nine and fifteen on the season, first place atop the NLS after taking two of three from the Athletics to start the homestand now the Dodgers welcome in their friends from down south in Anaheim, the Angels who come up the five Freeway for a three game Freeway series. First pitch tonight, coming up at sevent ten with Dustin May on the mound.
Speaker 3: Coming up over the next.
Speaker 2: Hour here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David vasegoes one on one with Dalton Rushing, who last night got his first major league start and his first major league hit DV.
Speaker 3: We'll check in throughout the show. We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 2: Kirsten Watson from Sports to at LA will join us in just a little bit. In a few minutes, we all head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Steven Nelson and Jose Mota. Well, last night, what else can you say but it was a Dodger butt kicking. They went it nineteen to two over the Athletics. Didn't matter who the ace through out there, the Dodger took care of business despite falling behind one to nothing. With Matt Soer on the mount and what was supposed to be a bullpen game, in reality, the Dodgers only used three pitchers. Matt Soer got the start, he would go four innings, give up two runs on four hits. Anthony Bonda Justin Robleski would combine for five shutout innings after sour but the Dodgers offense went to work immediately down one nothing in the first Freddie Freeman and RBI single that tied at the game at one, and then Max Monty went deep.
Speaker 5: Freeman leans at second base. He represents the go ahead run on the bottom of the first and Monthly Hammers won deep to.
Speaker 1: Right Fan way back in Barns.
Speaker 7: Max Monthly and back to back at backs has gone yard and the Dodgers lead it three to one.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey going deep that one of two run home run. He's now eighth on the Dodgers all time home run list. As the Dodgers wub three to one, they take a three to two lead into the him half of the second Any Show he Otania sack fly that made it four to two. Mookie Bent a RBI single made it five to two. Max Monthy with an RBI single that made it six to two. In the thirty eight, the Dodgers would bat around Hey Sung Kim an RBI single to left that made it a seven to two Dodgers lead. Some guy named Sho hey Otani on his bubble hoad Night just crushed the baseball for a three run home run to give the Dodgers a ten to two lead. And again still in the bottom of the third, Dodgers up tended to remember they had batted around runners on for Andy Pyez.
Speaker 5: Andy's zero for two, Tonight's fly to right, fly the left, he swings hits a drive to center, failded deep, going back round, Proun.
Speaker 1: At the track, Proun at the wall. It's gone, a three run home run. Andy Piez, How did.
Speaker 5: He put a charge into that baseball? He jumped on it and hit it out the dead center. Piez his eighth home run of the season and the Dodgers lead.
Speaker 1: At thirteen to two.
Speaker 2: Dodgers up big, and it was only after three innings. Show Io Tani went homer again, a two run shot in the fourth, once around the park, James James aut min Azola home running this sixth, Dodgers up sixteen to two. A Kim r ground Will double in the eighth minutes seventeen to two. Miguel Rojas a RBI single to right made at eighteen to two, then Max Munsey a sack fly in the eighth, the Dodgers would put up a nineteen spot on the board. That's right, nineteen runs for the Dodgers. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas. For last they'd hit five home runs, a season high nineteen runs. The Dodgers were on fire last night. After losing the opener eleven to one, they outscored the Athletics twenty eight to five over the next two games, improving to seventeen and four at home. They're now twenty nine and fifteen overall on this season, and the homestead continues to night with the Anaheim Angels in town Dustin May code red on the mound for the Blue and with more head out to the Gapin Motors Broadcast booth. As we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Jose Mota. Guys, Thanks so much.
Speaker 8: Tim, great to be back with you and great to be with my man Jose Mota for the first time in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Come on, Jose, give me some.
Speaker 8: This is not just the sho Hey Otani Bowl Dodgers Angels part of the inaugural Rivalry Series weekend in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's apparently a thing.
Speaker 8: This is also the Jose Mota Bowl because you are also seeing your fair your formal organization across the field as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you say Molta, you gotta say Yama molto.
Speaker 8: Too, Yama molto, Yeah, Yama molto and Mota.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 8: See, now you're trying to create a tongue twister for me, and I don't appreciate that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers Jose coming off a great offensive performance, their highest output of the season in the finale against the A's nineteen runs, the largest margin of victory seventeen runs to take that series. And despite the fact that they're not running on all cylinders right now, the cylinders that are here appear to be clicked.
Speaker 1: They're clicking. And there's no doubt they haven't hit on als there's all sa year. And they still have the best record in baseball. They've had so many injuries. Again, they still have the best record in baseball, never an excuse. You know, this team and the mentality in that clubhouse and the culture is that has been created. As you move forward. Okay, yesterday you got shut down by Paul Skins and company. Then came cobn burns in Arizona and then's okay next game. So overall with many things that are tangible and you can measure on the offensive side, averaging more runs per game than anybody in baseball and leading baseball collectively and hitting, but it's the thing they do every single day to get better every single inning. And now we're capitalizing on more contact and capitalizing on the bottom of the line up doing something thank you hits on Kim. And on top of that is making usage of the walks and using the walk to prolong innings and to put more pressure on defensive teams. They need to be put pressure on like the athletics, and so the results.
Speaker 4: You talked about the bottom of the order.
Speaker 8: That was a discussion point and we'll continue to be throughout the season. But it certainly was the first month of the year where the Dodger lineup was really top heavy. Over the last few weeks five through nine has really turned things around, and we saw another example of that last night with Dalton Rushing in his major league debut and James Outman and Hassan Kim are really setting the table for the top of the order. What's the next step, what's the next thing box that you want to see check for this ball club moving.
Speaker 1: Forward, more innings from starting pitchers because the bullpen has had to carry so much of that load and over long season, we know is going to take a toll on you. No matter what your name is. While your track record is every year is difference different Monster, your arm responds differently, and you know, thinking about relievers too. And you know this very well, Steven. It's not just the days that you pitch, it's how much you throw sometimes warming up when you got call into a game. So that comes out of the right arm, all left arm, right save arm. So I think getting guys extended and prolonged a little bit more is helpful now the way the offense is going, it's a rate indicator that perhaps you could have more of a cushion with guys on the mountain fright, get him from you know, ninety one, two hundred pitches or something like that and getting you know, to the seventh inning. But we need to see more guys step on the mound in the seventh thinning.
Speaker 8: That'll be the challenge for Dustin May tonight and against Jack Kohanowitz of the Angels. This freeway series matchup show Hee Otani's third series against his former club last year had four hits, a couple of them left the r Both those home runs came here at Dodgers Stadium. That's where we will be all week. In long, Tim Kates, We'll get it back to you all.
Speaker 2: Right, and thank you Nelly as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor or are your Shanky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shakies dot Com. Coming up here on this Freeway series edition Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Robbers.
Speaker 2: David vet Saint checks in throughout the hour old dive deeper into this pitching matchup up next, So you're Otani, rewind what a night he had last night. Man, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels first pitch from Dodgers Stadium set for seven ten.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us on this Friday night.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kass, the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series, first of three from the Ravine Dustin May on the mound for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani rewinde Otani with thirteen home runs.
Speaker 5: He's one behind Corbyn Carol of Arizona, two behind Kyle Schwarber.
Speaker 1: He swings and.
Speaker 5: Goes deep till left failed.
Speaker 1: This Paul is back. This Paul is gone.
Speaker 5: A home hun for Otani, his fourteenth a three run shot. Oh, he puts on a show. Here's a three to one pitch and Tani just hammers won the center failed. It is back, It is gone. His second home run of the night show, Hey Otani getting it done with a home run to center field. It is fifteen to two and for show, Hey Oldtani. He has just tied the Phillies Kyle Schwarber for the national league lead at home runs.
Speaker 2: Show, Hey Otani, last night, have yourself a night on your bobblehead nights as show, Hey Otani drives in a couple of runs with the two home runs four hundred and eighteen foot blasted center his twentieth multi homern game of his career, tying Aaron Judge and Kyle Schwarber for the major league lead at home runs with his fifteenth of the season.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from the stadium.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Frity agents standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with a K to donate your car Today. The Athletics have left town. The Homestead continues a three game set with the Anaheim Angels.
Speaker 3: It's the Freeway Series.
Speaker 10: It's the Freeway Series, and it's also rivalry weekend throughout Ajor League Baseball. So of course the regional aspect of it, the Angels versus the Dodgers, the Freeway Series, the Battle of Los Angeles, you know, all that fun stuff. Then you add the layer of sho hey Otani's former team. Now he's on his you know, new team in which he's one already with.
Speaker 3: So there are a lot of layers to this one.
Speaker 10: But Dave Roberts is talking about this, I think it's fair to say quote unquote rivalry. It's obviously not the ones that we see within the division, but when you do you have the Battle of.
Speaker 3: The City, that is something.
Speaker 10: And there's obviously a lot of familiarity amongst these two teams, so a lot of respect on both sides. But it should be a fun one. You know, this series tends to always bring something special, especially due to that familiarity between the two.
Speaker 2: And if you're Dave Roberts, you're kind of hoping the offense the Dodgers provided the last two games against the Athletics kind of carries onto this weekend too, because they are red hot.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness last night. The last two nights, it has been an outburst of an offense, and it's been something that you're seeing just it from guys up and down the lineup. So you know, early in the season, we were having a lot of conversations at the bottom of the order, were struggling getting on base, so that when sho Haeo Tani was up at the plate, he wasn't really having anyone to bring home and he was obviously being effective in different ways but he was just scoring himself essentially, So now for him to be in a situation for everyone to be getting involved. Hayes on, Kim has been such a big spark to the offense. You're seeing different guys, Max Muncie. He's now had back to back games in which he has hit a home run. So even when he spoke last night, he said that, you know, he's still tinkering through a few things and he hopes that he's unlocked something. He does feel like there's something there, but he's still working on a few things. So but just to see those results, Dave has said that that is huge for him and you're really seeing that just the quality of a bat's up and down the lineup. So he does think it's going to be a natural carryover into this one, just because they really are clicking on all cylinders. So we'll see so that they keep it going with this one.
Speaker 3: Let's keep that offense going.
Speaker 2: There's certainly a lot of guys playing for opportunities for more playing time in roster spots, and competition is always a good and healthy thing.
Speaker 10: Kirston, Oh, yeah, it is, especially with the news of Tommy Edmond who's going to be returning hopefully on Sunday. Then you've got to ask for Hernandez returning on Monday. He is going to do a quick little rehab stint on starting on Saturday to just get some more at bats. So, yeah, with these guys coming back, that's gonna make some big decisions. And obviously with the performance of Hay Song Kim, that's gonna make it a little bit tougher. You know it's not it might not just be the easy oh who we brought up while Tommy went on the il just gonna.
Speaker 3: Be that and vice versa.
Speaker 10: So we'll see what happens. There's a few more days to kind of prove your worth yourself, and we'll see what happens with this one.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I'm not making those decisions, Kirsten. We appreciate it still. The coach the Casino Dodgers on Nickel dive deep.
Speaker 2: Into this pitching matchup. David Veasse goes one on one with Dalton Rushing. But I'm next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Angels. First pitch at seven ten I've some cases the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you out to first pitch on this Friday night, the Freeway Series Dodgers and Angels, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam, four good times.
Speaker 3: Dustin May on the mountain. First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 6: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the il tay Oscar Hernandez said to come back, hopefully Sunday or one day. Tommy Edmond, as you just heard from Kirsten, is going to do a short little stint in the minor leagues to come back this late this weekend or Monday. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell both throwing and tomorrow night. It's the return of number twenty two as he comes off the inje list. Clayton kersh All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers giver.
Speaker 1: The questions for Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 6: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: I think the natural progression of our lineup, how guys are swinging the bats is much more fluid. Certainly, as we've talked about the last couple of days, the bottom part of the order, I think are really kind of bleeding into the top half where that's where the run production is coming from. And so, you know, I see no reason, you know, why we can't continue that tonight because just yet back quality that I'm seeing one through nine is much better.
Speaker 2: What's the best club right now?
Speaker 9: I think the best thing about our club, you know, I don't really think it's tangible, but I do believe it is tangible in the sense that there's a lot of things that are happening. You know. Obviously we moved on from Austin and the injuries and guys are just not wavering. So I think that's one thing that I really like. I think the offense, you know, getting Max unlocked. I think Freddie has just been really consistent. Obviously, show he has been very consistent. Michael's showed him some life and then obviously just the infusion of heysong. It has been a lot of fun too.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Things are good right now with the Dodger, especially when you boat row the boat race the athletics like you did the last two nights. All right, when we continue here on on deck, we'll check in with David Bass. Say, as we lead you up to first pitch, don't forget DV goes one on one with Dalton Rushing that's coming up in twenty two minutes.
Speaker 3: First pitching Dodger.
Speaker 2: Stadium set for seven tens, would lead you up to Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels, Dustin May on the mount of the series opener, this Freeway Series, first pitching Dodger Stadium set for seven ten.
Speaker 6: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider David basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV It's the Freeways Series.
Speaker 2: Once upon a time used to be just an exhibition series, but now they play during the regular season. And even though one team says there from La, it's really La versus Orange County.
Speaker 1: No doubt the five Freeway, right, That's why they call it the Freeway Series. And Major League Baseball has now tabbed this weekend to bring more attention not only to the Freeway Series, but other I guess geographic rivalries like the Subway Series. They scheduled these games to happen this weekend, and you know, certain memories flashback. You'll hear it in the Hoffey moment. Obviously, Andre Ethier a big part of this Freeway Series. He has played the most games for the Dodgers against the Angels. He has the most hits, the most run score, the most doubles, the most RBIs. But also Tim You remember this the first year the inter League Freeway Series. Tim Belcher, part of the eighty eight Dodgers that won the World Series, pitching for the Angels in the Perrywinkle and chan Ho Park when pitchers were allowed to hit, got into a brewhaha as chan Ho Park was running up the first base line and try to do some karate on Tim Belcher and there is a benches claring brawl. So those are some of the high lights of the Freeway Series in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that scissor kick was pretty unreal. David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choice is fine yours with the four f one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough thiss mark can only be called f one fifty with the Angels in town.
Speaker 3: It also means an old friend alert DV.
Speaker 1: That's right. The all time saves leader ken Lee Janssen is with the Angels. He had a bigger offer from the Tigers, but wanted to pitch in California and chose to sign with the Angels. He has seven saves. His elras a little deceptive. He did give up a walk off home run to Fernando tatists Junior a couple of nights ago, and he did have a bad outing where he gave up three home runs to the Tigers in a ninth inning. But outside of those two outings, he's been very good for the Angels. His margin for error is just a lot smaller when he's throwing ninety one miles an hour five hundred saves means a lot to him, so he's gonna keep going to try to see how close he could get to that goal.
Speaker 2: David Talk Radio is a fun thing, especially when there's rumors out there and well, there's a certain trade proposal, but that's been brought up involving a certain big right hander that pitches in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm surprised Jeff Passing. It feels like every turn he's advocating for the Pirates to spend more money to build around Paul Skins. It feels like Jeff Passen loves Paul Skins more than he loves Elmo. The trade that he threw out there is ridiculous. Do you believe Major League Baseball would want Paul Skins on the Dodgers. I mean, there's got to be other teams that are good. I think Major League Baseball would wish for the Pirates to be able to build around Paul Skins, not trade him to the superpower that already is the Dodgers. And I'm not sure the Dodgers would deplete their depth for a starting pitcher. And as we know, no matter how good they are, they always break. So I don't see the Dodgers, even considering that.
Speaker 2: The proposal is pretty intriguing though for one and only one proven major leaguer in.
Speaker 1: That proposals to seen it on Sesame Street.
Speaker 3: That's right, royand Burton, Ernie David all right time now.
Speaker 1: Buying into that, are you, Cad? No, don't buy into that.
Speaker 2: Not buying into Dave, I am buying into the Dodger Derby brought to you by Santa Anita Park. Tomorrow's the one hundred and fiftieth running of the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: It's at Piblical race Course.
Speaker 2: While he doesn't have the well, the excitement because of the Kentucky Derby winner a sovereignty not running, there is still a lot of intrigue, Dave, who do you like in the Preakness tomorrow?
Speaker 3: In this small field of horses.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't take a horse racing genius to pick out the number two horse. Journalism. I'm going with journalism.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Tim, gonna go with the favor.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Bob Baffort's horse goal oriented, goal oriented.
Speaker 3: Good luck to your DV.
Speaker 2: Of course, you can watch the Preakness while at Santa Anita Park tomorrow celebrate ninety years of racing every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts to him Race Day. Celebrate it and find out more at Santa Anita dot com Slash Events. All right, continuing here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. When we come back, we will hear from your magical moment of the game. We're also going to hear from Jose Mota. We got your high and tight with Dalton rushing. That's all coming up here on Dodgers on Deck as we lead you up to Game one of this freeway series.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kass Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Angels. Justin May, Jack Khuanowitz. The pitching matchup. First pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: Who wants the hot?
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Tis.
Speaker 2: We go back ten years to twenty fifteen August second, to be specific a Sunday afternoon at the Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers taken on the Angels in the Freeway Series. Howie Kendrick, former Angel, hit a two run home run in the third. Albert Foolhals had an RBI Andre Eighthier homer to the eighth, then Chris Ayanetta with a double in the ninth, tie the game at three to send it to extra adings. The Angels didn't score in the top half of the tenth. In the bottom half of the tenth inning, a runner on for Andre.
Speaker 7: Eighthier, the one to one fly ball right field, well hit, It is back and.
Speaker 5: It is gone the home run.
Speaker 7: Andre Eighthier with a walk off home run, his seventh of his career, his fourteenth walk off hit, and the Dodgers beat the Angels today five to three on Andre Eighthier Sunday. Oh what a shot it was into the Angel full beam.
Speaker 2: Andre eighth Ier going deep to walk off the Angels back in twenty fifteen, a two run shot as the Dodgers beat the Angels five to three. This Hafey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs Haffey sokas local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Jose Mota. We're leaning up to first pitch Friday Night, Freeway Series Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 3: Season law Dodgers and Angels, the.
Speaker 2: Freeway Series, first of three out of Dodgers Stadium. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Let's head back out to the ravine David Vase and Jose Mota.
Speaker 3: Guys, Mucho Mota.
Speaker 1: Jose Moda is back in the saddle, filling in for Rick Monday this weekend. Rick where we'll return next week. But Jose, the Freeways Series two teams, you know really well, do you have any memories of the Freeways Series over the years that stick out to you? Plenty of them, because obviously, with Mike Soci coming in here, it was a different spectacle. It was such an event coming here with Sos because obviously we got to hear more stories from the inside of the Angels side, from the things that he lived here that I saw as a kid. But I would say, you know, beating the Dodgers was kind of fun. I don't say that because it was a big deal. They did it with base running and this drove everybody crazy, and social really enjoyed that. But my best memory is show Hail Tani Angel Stadium as an Angel Clayton kersher throwing a gym of a game forty five thousand in the stands and he strikes out show Hal Tani and the whole stadium erupts in applause, and Showy Face is like, what is going on? Like I just struck out. We're home, But Dodger fan just dominated. So for Showy that was called a shock. Yeah, that was that was something on the Dodgers side. They wanted to prove and kind of let show hey know, this isn't Japan in their league. He's not the main guy there, Kershaw Kenley Jansen. They wanted to take it to him. There's another one when Kersh's on the mound and Taylor Ward, who's on in lineup today, Bunnett towards the first base side and Kersh was spreeman out to swing the batters and Tiler Ward. The young kids like, what did I do wrong? Yeah, I'm trying to get on base. Yeah, but Kurshians once again saying, hey, I said the standard he were swinging the bats? Was that dream when Kershaw had a no hitter a couple of years ago in Anaheim. Maybe he was trying to bunt for the first hit. No, that was that was actually before that, But I think the show his struggle came to that game though he was throwing a gym. Yeah, yeah he was. He had a no hit. That was two games that year where Kershaw had a no hitter seven perfect in his first start in Minnesota, and then he had a no hitter later that year in Anaheim that got broken up in the eighth inning. People still talk about the Minnesota game because I still do you do? I still get eighty eighty three pitches? Yeah, but still got hurt. Still got hurt, Jose, what you got? Catching a big part of the game. We talked about it with Dalton Rushing and Will Smith yesterday. How about just the whole culture of catching. Are teams trying to revert back to having their catchers get off one knee? It's happening and revert is a big word, noail on baseball because it's becoming more baseballersh Now. Brett Boone is a hitting course for the Texas Rangers. Out of nowhere, we got really analytic guy. And then come the A's. They get rid of the cards and launch angles and here comes Logan a hop you had a chance to talk to him today and to Jerry and Aaron the catching instructor, and they're like, we're gonna just abandon the one knee thing. Target wise, mobility wise, and presentation wise. We can work with his hands for the umpire, but it just makes it easier to block and to throw. And I think Jerry and Arey knows very well. He's been around a long time. For a young caacher like olhappy, big body, big frame, a tremendous athlete, it's the best thing. So the one knee thing is making his way out to Did you notice the A's catchers were they on one knee or where they off a knee? They're one knee. They're one knee because I saw, you know, Shay lang Leers on one knee because he was actually at times kind of jumping out early tipping some change up from up here, so easy to see from up here, right. Oh yeah, except when you're in the batter's box, you can't see that. Yeah, but if there's a shadow maybe sometimes guys will see that on day A games and go, oh, i's jumping out early. Let me look outside. It's all fair, yeah, as a fair yeah. Fair. It's not electronic. You gotta present. It's not electronic. You gotta present the pitches. Just don't get out early because somebody will find out something with middle infielders or outfielder. If you see a middle innfielder move to early, sometimes as a hitter in the batter's box, you're like, he's going to the pull side, break them all. He stays put it's a fastball, or somebody that hits ball the other way. Well, if you see a middle infielder shifting on to his left feet right in the batter, you're like, from the fasketball, sit on it. It makes sense. It means those outfielders and infielders are paying attention to what is being called. Especially an infielder, you have the pitch calm in your hat, and now obviously with the sound coming only in no signs, you have to be more aware to help your first basement as a second basement or your third basement is a short stop. I say, hey, little whistle here and there, break them off. Move all right, Star cheating love that, thanks, Jose, cheating way, Cheating is okay in baseball sometimes sometimes that kind of cheating without trash can Tim. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: That's the Dodgers game plan. And what is your game plan? Dodger fan?
Speaker 2: How about starting your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes canna fill quickly, so in roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna get you a preview of this pitching Madge, Nelly and Jose will be back with the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with dalton A rushing Dodgers Angels the Freeway Series. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dot Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 6: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers En Angels, Dustin May on the mount of this series opener of.
Speaker 3: The Freeways series.
Speaker 2: Ready to live at Zench Sweet Life, here's your shot at unforgettable night in LA with two premium sweet tickets to a game completely pro Gormet food, drinks and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's all just one scan away. Head to the Zench Sushi counter near the deli counter and any participating in Rouse's grocery store scanned the QR code and interfer your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience. Details at m FI seventy LA sports dot com. You got a hurry expires on Sunday. Zen Shech Sushi Fast, fresh and easy and.
Speaker 6: Now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high end tight.
Speaker 1: Last night a special night for dult and Rushing not only made his major league debut, but got his first major league start. Dalton with his beautiful, finally groom mustache joins us right here in the Dodger dugout. Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 11: Thanks David, I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Hey, how did it feel when you woke up today?
Speaker 11: It's pretty good.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 11: It was surreal obviously for a second. But the way I look at it is, woke up, new day, and now we gotta won another one.
Speaker 1: I was up there doing the postgame show when your family and friends were on the field with you. It kind of felt like you were an amusement park character as you were just standing there for photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: We we had to make sure to get our pictures in and get the hugs in. Obviously you have to do that after your debut. I was just glad they were able to be here and see it.
Speaker 1: Nice that you got the ball back too.
Speaker 11: Absolutely absolutely. I wish I would have lost one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's gonna come, that's gonna come.
Speaker 11: Kidding, No, it was. It was a It was an unreal experience. Obviously, you win a ballgame like that with a team like this, you get to be a part of a lineup like that, and it's, uh, it hits a little.
Speaker 1: Different, no doubt. What's it like to be in a lineup with so many great hitters that lengthen.
Speaker 11: It, Oh, it's great. Uh less eyes off you and you get to play the game a little more. So uh yeah, to say it's special, not be saying that much.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like you're the best scout because you got to play with the comet Hayesan Kim before he even got here. I mean, I'm sure you saw this many times.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's uh, he's very electric. He's uh, he's fun to watch. He plays the game hard and essentially that's really all you can ask for out of a player. And obviously showing up to the art every day. Watching a guy like that play is pretty special.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw was holding a bat. He hasn't done that since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 11: Hey, he can swing it. He can swing He's got a career homer. He's got a career homer. So uh yeah, anytime he can touch my bat, maybe he'll put a few hits in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. Hey, there was one Opening Day in twenty thirteen against the Giants, complete game shutout with homer with a homer.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you know your history. It's one career homer. I asked him how many. He told me just one. Told him I wanted to see another one.
Speaker 1: Nice What was it like being around him for those rehabs starts in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: It's pretty special.
Speaker 11: It's it's Clinton Kershaw, so to say it's not special to be lying, you know, being able to catch him, work with him, game plan with him, that was all.
Speaker 4: It was pretty eye opening.
Speaker 1: What are the chances Dalton Rushing catches cruse shot tomorrow? Can you give us a sneak peek.
Speaker 11: We'll see, We'll see, we'll see. If so, then it'll be a special day for not only myself, but Kershaw as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dalton Rushing has a sense of the history of the game and the history of the Dodgers. Why don't you share with everybody who you told me was your favorite player.
Speaker 11: I've got a lot of comps to Piazza, So we'll see how We'll see how well I can.
Speaker 4: Hold up to that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told you Mike Sosha was my favorite player. But I love Mike Piazza when he was coming up. I'm still trying to work on getting him to come back one day.
Speaker 11: Hey, bring him on, whoever you'd like, work with any of the Dodger grades.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Hey, before I let you go, I thought it was awesome being productive. Only your second day here, you were going out to first base to get some infield drills in. How comfortable have you felt there?
Speaker 11: Pretty comfortable at first, played there a few years in college, and obviously played there a little bit earlier in my minor league career. So yeah, just trying to keep availability open and anyway I can find my way on the field, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I love seeing that. I love everything about you because obviously the talent's there, but the work ethic, the determination, and the qualities of the person certainly are big, especially to be a catcher. We talked about that. Absolutely. I appreciate that. David all right, Dalton, thanks a lot for the time. Let's go out this way, hunt Dalton. We're gonna walk and talk just like Jim Hill does on the pregame show. Thanks a lot for the time, and you never know, we might see you with old Kershaw tomorrow. I said, old, not deep.
Speaker 4: No, he's young.
Speaker 11: He's young.
Speaker 3: You know that, No doubt far from over.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dalton.
Speaker 2: Thanks David all right, thanks a lot, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: DV.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers get ready to take on the Anaheim Angels in the Freeway, Series. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, it's Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kass Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Angels Freeway Series from Dodgers Stadium Tonight, the first to three. If the Dodgers took care of the Athletics, taking two of three, Dodgers looking to keep the winning going tonight, keep that offense going after the last two games against the A's first pitch tonight, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the die neck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Mat presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard in play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See you're Toyota dealer Today, they make it easy. Jack o'hannowitz on the mound for the Angels, two and five with the five to twenty three ERA, twenty four year old right hander, third round pick back in twenty nineteen, his second season now in the major leagues, making his ninth start last time out, five and two, third innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Orioles. Here's a little something about Jack Kolanowitz. He's a ground ball pitcher. He owns a fifty four percent ground ball rate since he made his debut last July that is second highest of all American League pitchers during that span. He's also a guy who can get ahead in the count. He throws a first pitch strike sixty one percent of the times to hitters this year, and opponents are batting just two twenty two when he gets ahead in the count. So the Dodgers could be looking to ambush that old Jack Khanowitz, who's making his first start against the Blue dustin May on the mound for the Dodgers, looking to get back on track. One in three with a four to zero eight ERA, the twenty seven year old right hander making his eighth start of this season. Remember he was hurt most of twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four. Last time out six and two third innings, two runs, seven hits, five strikeouts, one walk. You give up just one home run, but he got tagged with the losses. The Dodgers didn't score run to help him out. In fact, he has lost his last two starts here in the month of May. Dustin May looking to turn things around at one and three, facing the Angels for the first time in his career second start one to zero with the two sixteen ERA and seven strikeouts. He last faced him way back in September of twenty twenty, going four scoreless innings and giving up just two hits while striking out five. So it's Dustin May and Jack Kohanowitz. The pitching matchup, Dodgers Angels. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kais's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 7: Tack on your Home for the Blue.
Speaker 6: All season long.
Speaker 2: This Dodgers and the Angels, Dustin Man and Jack o'lanowitz the bitching matchup the Dodgers. At twenty nine and fifteen, they are tied with the Detroit Tigers for the best record in Major League Baseball. They go into play tonight, one game ahead of the San Diego Padres for first place in the National League. At home, the Dodgers are a major League best seventeen and four at home and have not lost a series since getting swept in a two game series by the Cubs back in April. When the Boys in Blue play at a home games, it's important they have the right game plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing or property line. If it's allows, extend up to one hundred feet from your home. Insure all combustible items like firewood are located thirty feet away from your home. Pretty simple. Remove vegetation or debrief from your roof, fence, windows, decks, and gutters. That's common sense. For more about this tip and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. The Dodgers on Fire scored thirteen runs over the first three innings demolishing the Athletics last night nineteen to two. They hit five home runs. James Altman even got into the fun, as the Dodgers offense leads the National League at home runs, runs, scored runs per game, batting average, hitch slugging percentage, extra base hits OPSOBP. Everything right now is clicking for the Dodgers, who have homeward in thirty seven of its forty four games this season. With that being said, let's tap back out to Dodgers Stadium get the final thoughts before first pitch with Steven Nelson and Jose Mode.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 8: Thanks TC back here with Hose Mota. We got some keys to go through here. Quick housekeeping notes in case you missed earlier. Dave Roberts saying that Tommy Edmund he's expecting to be back on Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's the hope for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Taskar Hernandez will go out for a rehabit assignment with Ranchel Kucamonga. Most likely that will be on Saturday. Perhaps Tayo could return on Monday. As for the pitchers who are on the injured list, both the starters and the relievers that's snow Glass. Now that's that's Phillips, that is Michael Kopek. They are still weeks away, but tonight a first pitch right in front of us, Jose Mota and Dustin May will throw it.
Speaker 4: What are the keys do you have in this opener against the Halos?
Speaker 1: Keep loving the mound, Here at home, two twenty ra here at home, and was very encouraging me. He's coming from the last artist. He stepped on the mound in the seventh and he was not happy about coming out with six and two thirds. To me, is a great mentality and makeup type of issue. And then Austin Barnes was here and he caught him, and Austin Barnes really exaggerated corners of the plate. There's no reason to me when the guy that throws out hard the right handers should have so much freedom in the way they've hit him. I mean, his splits are reversed. This is a pitch that he's gotten away from the last two starts, and I think it's been a plus for him because we throw ninety five, he go ninety eight with movement. Use out to your advantage. But now get right off the plate and you should have more success.
Speaker 8: This sweeper was nearly unhittable for the first few starts for Justin May. It's been a little bit more vulnerable since and use as you just alluded to use a little less often, May Klehanowitz.
Speaker 4: Those are the starting pitchers the Dodgers and.
Speaker 8: Angels, part of Rivalry Weekend, Tim Kats Can you feel the energy? Can you feel the historic energy of Rivalry Weekend in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 4: I'm kidd let's get it back to you though.
Speaker 3: I feel it.
Speaker 4: I feel it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers' offense last nine innings, twenty four runs, twenty one HiT's looking to keep that offensive explosion going tonight. Dustin May looking to get back on track. It's the Freeway Series about to get underway. Dodgers and Angels first pitches, next enjoyed. I'm Tim Kais's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network