Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KF I am six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I am not on that group.
Speaker 1: You are not, She says, you know how good I am with the drugs and the hip. Was just listening to Tom Petty Radio and they had snoop and jelly rolls. Last Dance with Mary Jane I just put together at the age of forty four and listening to Tom Petty and seeing him multiple times in concert. That Last Dance with Mary Jane is about pot Holy Cow. I just wrote back, Jesus, I think I knew.
Speaker 2: Do they re record that?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Oh, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 1: I haven't either, So well, bless.
Speaker 2: Her little heart.
Speaker 3: Bless her heart.
Speaker 4: The Dow's down two hundred points right now. This could be depending on how we end up in a couple of hours. The first nine day losing streak for the Dow Jones industrial Labs average since the nineteen seventies. The doalls losing streak began the day after it closed above forty five thousand for the first time ever earlier this month, so it's been in record territory, but still if it goes nine days of losses, it's still going to be somewhere in the forty two forty three thousand point mark by the time they get to but by the time they get to the closing bell.
Speaker 1: Today, TikTok asking the Supreme Court to block a law that could ban the app. The law, which requires the Chinese owned platform to be sold or shut down, goes into effect January nineteenth. TikTok has petitioned the High Court to stop the law, arguing it violates the company's First Amendment free speech rights, to which I say, does a Chinese company get First Amendment free speech.
Speaker 4: Rights if it's a well, no, I mean the American arm of that company, But if it's the parent company, we don't have to extend.
Speaker 3: We do not.
Speaker 4: Not that I'm a justice, and think about the difference four years makes to day. Presidential electors gather in state capitals across the country to officially cast their ballots for president. Four years ago, everybody's mind was blown at this time because people were talking about the slate of alternate electors, all of these different and now we're talking about drones and school shootings. I mean not that those are great things, but that that four years ago was a significant day in December for the first time ever. Right, So thankfully we're not It's just a normal it's just a normal Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Not normal necessarily though. In Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Motive is the big question of the day there in Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Why did that fifteen.
Speaker 1: Year old girl kill a teacher, a student, injure six others before taking her own life. Two people remain in critical condition with life threatening injuries. The girls' families coopering. They have searched their home. It looks like the parents were divorced. She spent most of her time with the forty two year old father.
Speaker 2: This was the Madison Police Chief Sean Barnes last night.
Speaker 5: The shooter has now been identified as fifteen year old Natalie Rutnow, who went by the name Samantha. She was a student at the school, and evidence suggests she died from a self inflicted gunshot won The official cause of death will be released by the Dane County Medical Examiner pinning the conclusion of their examination.
Speaker 4: She joins this list a very short list of female shooters when it comes to mass shooting suspects. The most recent high profile. One that we know of was the woman, a young girl who shot up this school, the private school in Nashville, and there were questions about her gender identity and whether that had any role in her mental health at the time. Chief Barnes was asked about that last night. Is this case a case of a young girl struggling with her gender identity?
Speaker 5: I don't know whether Nadalie was transgender or not, and quite frankly, I don't think that's even important. I don't think that's important at all. I don't think that whatever happened today has anything to do with how she or he or they may have wanted to identify. And I wish people would kind of leave their own personal biases out of this. Who have people who showed up to work today to help kids be better who are not going home. Have lost members of our community who are children, including the shooter. So whether or not she was, he was they were transgender is something that may come out later. But for what we're doing right now today, literally eight hours after they're mass shooting in a school in Madison, it is of no consequence at this time.
Speaker 1: It is it is of consequence because you're trying to figure out motive, and you're trying to figure out psychological stability or lack thereof. That's an important piece of it when you're trying to create the picture of who this person is and what led them to do what she did yesterday.
Speaker 3: And you don't even have.
Speaker 2: To believe that that.
Speaker 4: Believing that your transgender, you don't even have to see that as a mental illness or mental difficulty.
Speaker 3: It's a hormonal thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing, but it adds pressure.
Speaker 4: It's going to add pressure to whoever it is going through, whatever they're going through, it's going to add pressure to it.
Speaker 2: So, yes, it is relevant.
Speaker 1: We knew within twenty four hours of the Ila Vista shooter that he couldn't get a date, that he was this in cell guy.
Speaker 3: That was relevant to the motive.
Speaker 1: Where they're at mentally when it comes to their comfortability with themselves is absolutely part of the puzzle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we'll talk more about this when we come back. The chief also disclosed who it was that called.
Speaker 2: Nine to one one. Have you heard that one yet? Yes?
Speaker 1: Also, the manifesto we have to get into. Maybe somebody else posted it for her. I tried, I traced it down.
Speaker 4: There was one Twitter account that said that the owner of the Twitter account, whoever it was, had actually spoken to this online boyfriend of hers that they've never actually met. So the veracity of the of the of the manifesto has yet to be officially pronounced as hers, But there are some things in there that would that other friends have said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like something she would have written.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of the Liquid Death pit diaper?
Speaker 4: It's all the rage it has sold out Liquid Death the water company.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, pit diaper I think explains itself. But did you hear what happened at a recent Sabrina Carpenter concert and why the pit diaper is flying off the shelves because of it?
Speaker 4: No, you haven't, No, but after today you'll know the whole story. I haven't checked my Sabrina Carpenter news bulletins lately. A new poll suggests that more young Americans believe that Luigi Mangioni's assassination of United Healthcare CEO was acceptable than don't. According to the survey from Emerson College, forty one percent of eighteen to twenty nine year olds believe that the murder of Brian Thompson was either somewhat or completely acceptable. Yeah, forty one percent.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying, that's not going to be easy to obtain a conviction for this guy. To get twelve jurors to agree that this wasn't okay.
Speaker 4: The only the only possibility for prosecutors is that they get an older jury. Thirty three percent of those eighteen to twenty nine year olds, thirty three percent of them say the murder was completely unacceptable. Seven percent said it was somewhat unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crime, it is true crime Tuesday. Imagine this. You want parole for killing your wife, so you tell the parole board, all right, I'll tell you the truth. Finally I cooked my wife's body, Like that's your.
Speaker 3: Hail Mary to get parole. Guys, finally owning it, make.
Speaker 2: It easy on me. I cooked her body.
Speaker 4: Massive earthquake Vanawatu today because or technically Tuesday afternoon, because they're so far ahead of us in the day, small tsunami waves, but they said there was very serious damage to the US embassy in the capitol at Vanawatu, knocked out most of the internet connectivity on that nation on that island Nation, and as many as six people were killed. So we're talking about the fatal shooting of a student and a teacher at a private Christian school in Wisconsin, and we discussed, among other things, the fifteen year old girl who is the suspects histories Bless you, who was pronounced dead on the way to the hospital after apparently a self inflicted gunshot.
Speaker 7: Well, here's what I don't understand about this this massive tragedy. Why are we so concerned about the gender of who shot all those people and then herself. The fact is she's a person who committed the horrible act of violence. I don't understand this hysteria against the the gender of the person. It's just sick minded violence regardless of gender. That's that's my thought.
Speaker 2: Love the show, guys.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'll say is what I said before it goes into the brain chemistry, and the brain chemistry is what leads people to go on these these horrific acts of violence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and to be clear, there's nothing really that suggests that she was transgender. The question to the chief that he was answering was posed as Hey, there's a lot of talk online about maybe this girl was transgender, and the chief said, there's I mean she would Her name is Natalie, but she went by Samantha. Apparently her school id's name was Samantha. But that doesn't mean anything. Samantha is a perfectly feminine name too, so why would I don't know why she changed her name, but that does not mean automatically that she was transgender.
Speaker 1: We want to know whenever there's a teenage shooter like this, or a shooter of any kind, what they're going through, what led to this day in their life when they made this decision. So I think that that's a fair thing to ask. Now, her father shared a chilling image of her at the gun I think it's her. I think it's her at a gun range in August, and she's wearing that T shirt with the name of the band k MFDM. That was the same T shirt that Eric Harris was seen seen wearing a head of Columbine. Uh.
Speaker 2: Could she have known that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Would she have known that?
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of speculation about the manifesto, again unverified, but that she did.
Speaker 3: Worship you call them buying kids.
Speaker 4: Yes, and praised other mass shooters as well. To me, that's a little too convenient. I I don't know if we've gotten, you know, the official determination one way or the other. But that manifesto, you know, describes the frustration with her own parents.
Speaker 1: Yes, she claims her family didn't love her or want her, expresses feeling like the wrong child of the family.
Speaker 3: She referred to her parents as scum.
Speaker 4: And speaking of the wrong child. And she has a sister apparently. And the reason I mentioned that the picture that this the dad posted a couple of months ago, it's because you can only see the girl from behind, so we don't know which sister it is. I mean, he may know, but he doesn't identify her in the picture, but clearly she had access to family weapons, which is funny. Also because the cops said they didn't confirm that the family was or the dad was a gun owner. Well he's got again. It doesn't have to mean that he's a gunner, but he's got pictures of his daughter at a shooting range.
Speaker 1: The reason that there's so much sleuthing going on and digging online too, is because I don't know how much I trust what's coming out of the police department. Not that they're lying to us, but that the way that was handled yesterday, I don't have a lot of faith in what they know or how they're disseminating information.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you didn't hear it yesterday, the chief came out and said that two people were killed or three people were killed, including the shooter, and seven injured. And then while that news conference, the initial news conference is going on, somebody else in his staff interrupted and said, we just got an update from command staff. Five dead, five injured. So then that was what people went with, and then they had to go back and correct it. So wherever information came from them, this unknown unnamed staffer was not right, which was a that's a massive, massive error in a very difficult time like that. I also mentioned that the chief identified the nine to one to one caller.
Speaker 5: Don't let that so can for a minute a second grade student call nine one one at ten fifty seven am to report a shooting at school.
Speaker 2: Second grader seven years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if this is the manifesto, she says she acquired the weapons to commit this through Li's manipulation and my father's stupidity. And it seems that this is coming from, like we said, this boyfriend who allegedly never met her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were online online boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 4: A quick correction. I mentioned the shooting at the Christian School in Nashville last year. That was a twenty eight year old who did I met. I called her a girl. I don't want anybody to get all freaked out about my specificity there, but it was a twenty eight year old in Nashville. All right, up next, Now people are reporting physical symptoms from the drones that this.
Speaker 2: Is exactly what hysteria sounds like.
Speaker 4: And again it's frustrating because I still think there are issues here.
Speaker 2: But people, people, it's calm down.
Speaker 4: Stop complaining that you have testicular pain or a running nose or whatever you have from from COVID.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I mean drones. That's just let's take it easy.
Speaker 1: I remember when I first learned about testicular pain. That's a fun time.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Remember Crumbs, Oh if you no, you don't, I don't remember. Crumbs was the world's fattest cat. Died in October. Now we're learning more about how he died diabetes, heart disease caused by obesity.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that should be a lesson to all of us. And autopsy necropsy showed he.
Speaker 1: Had a cute cardiogenet genic cardiogenic pulmonary.
Speaker 2: Edema, A cute little edema.
Speaker 1: It resulted from a build up of fluid in the lungs due to increased heart pressure.
Speaker 4: Stop stop, this is the picture of him. Yeah, I remember that cat that looks fake, That looks like it's cat abuse. That person should never be allowed to own pets of any ever. Maybe kids, but not pets. Beer and sports news, I want to tell you about bud Light is no longer tops in the tap rooms, at least when it comes to the most popular draft beers draft line technologies. No found in a recent report that michelob Ultra recently overtook bud Light in the number of tap handles operating in American venues with beer systems. Mikeelob Ultra blasphemy. Bud Light also my husband, like mikelo. I am not going to allow you to say that about him. I like him too much to believe.
Speaker 1: It's fewer calories. Maybe you know, oh, maybe I could mix in a couple of those.
Speaker 4: Bud Light also lost its title of best selling overall beer.
Speaker 2: To MODELO back in July.
Speaker 1: So, how unsufferable insufferable is Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 3: Have you heard?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you said that your wife would watch this three part Netflix docuseries about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: That's what she told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is so in love with Aaron Rodgers. It's just it's insufferable. No, we've known that he had this rift with his parents, right, he doesn't talk to his parents. I've heard through some people in the league that like every year his mother sends him a Christmas gift and he returns it unopened.
Speaker 3: He's just a bad person.
Speaker 1: In this Netflix series, he addresses the issues with he and his family, says that the rift between his folks in himself for so bad he had to reparent himself. This is a forty one year old man reparent.
Speaker 2: Ugh Rose.
Speaker 4: Connor McGregor is going to fight Logan Paul, not Jake. Paul Connor McGregor has announced that he has agreed to an exhibition boxing match against Logan Paul, the mouthy little brother to the older brother.
Speaker 2: I think he's the little brother. Maybe they're twins. Maybe they're not twins.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But they're going to fight in India of all places. You know why, because America doesn't want either one.
Speaker 2: Of those guys.
Speaker 8: Isn't it funny how you guys were talking about kids shouldn't have a phone in school. Can you imagine the amount of guests that would have happened if this kid didn't have a phone.
Speaker 2: You now imagine that.
Speaker 4: No, because she killed herself. The second grader called nine to one one, but everybody was done.
Speaker 2: By the time the cops got there.
Speaker 3: The shooter had already killed herself. Yeah, it doesn't The cops fired no rounds.
Speaker 2: It doesn't change my mind opinion about phones in schools.
Speaker 1: Okay, So many of these reported drone sidings appear to be of commercial, hobby and law enforcement drones as well as planes and stars. Everyone calm it down a little bit. We're calling in stars now. Everybody's got planes of some kind right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: The the the physical symptoms that are being described by some people who say they have had interactions with some of these unidentified aerial phenomenon are pretty funny because they're like running noses, miles, headache.
Speaker 1: So it's December, Oh wait what and it is cold season, so you're probably going to have a running nose at some point, if you're haven't already gotten one. Puffy eyes yea also goes along with weather, cold weather very dry, which happens in New.
Speaker 2: Jersey pretty dry outside it's super dry.
Speaker 1: So but I like the I like that you're trying to lay down the uh plant the seeds for the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Uh, the lawsuit, yes, but lost.
Speaker 1: The government didn't put a stop to the drones. And I've got a running.
Speaker 4: Nose, so I'm as Sue, and I've got rhyin area now rhina?
Speaker 3: Yes, what's that?
Speaker 1: Why'd you have to add aria to it? Because that's what the doctors will tell you when you have a running nose, they call it rhinorea, Rhino for your nose and ria for the runnings. Yeah wow, all to stick to running nose. You don't want any riha on your face? Well, you don't want it there, but sometimes it's just uh, you know, RSV very common around this, rhinosensicial virus.
Speaker 2: Is that how you say it?
Speaker 4: Respiratorial respiratory sensitial vinet virus?
Speaker 3: Stop trying to sound like a doctor.
Speaker 2: Rhinerrhea?
Speaker 3: What was that spine problem again?
Speaker 2: Spondalo Lie thesis nailed there.
Speaker 3: Nailed it.
Speaker 4: Someone's been practicing. No, that's the first time I've said it today out loud. I was hoping you would ask me how to say it. Okay, So, federal authorities have established a tip line. They have filtered through what they say are more than five thousand submissions. About two percent of those are deemed worthy of further investigative activity. Many of them were duplicative, which means they were repetitive. At least a million registered drones according to the FAA. A million registered drones according to the FAA, and about eight thousand they believe that are legally flown daily. And like I said yesterday, if you go out and stand outside your neighborhood wherever you are in southern California or anywhere else in the United States, someone's got a drone up in the middle of the day or in the middle of the afternoon or evening or night, and if they're lit, you're going.
Speaker 2: To see them.
Speaker 3: So didn't the KFI news department have a couple of drones?
Speaker 2: They had at least one. Yes, wonder where that went outside the window.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's in New Jersey. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Chicken tenders. I love chicken tenders. Who doesn't right, go on. They are delicious, They are always a good idea, no matter what your age, and everyone has their own way of doing chicken tenders. I like, I can't really compare like Burger King versus McDonald's because they're so different. You know, it's like warm butter versus cold butter. This is two different food groups.
Speaker 2: This is a blind spot for me. Really, Yeah, you don't eat chicken t say I didn't need them, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I would never go to I would not be able to close my eyes and describe for you the difference between fast food chicken tender.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, but I can do that.
Speaker 1: I can pick up this this baton, and I can go The distance of this relay race is that when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Don't forget if you want to hear the whole show, you missed any part of the show.
Speaker 3: We do have a podcast.
Speaker 1: We do a live podcast every day, but you can listen to us whenever you want if you subscribe to The Gary and Shannon Show on the iHeartRadio app. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've found that if you're under thirty, you respond better to this is a live podcast that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer on Long Island now faces charges for a seventh murder. Rex Huerman back in court today where he was indicted for the murder of Valerie mac. Mac was a sex worker who disappeared in two thousand. Her remains were found in Gilgo Beach and Manorville. Prosecutors say they now have DNA evidence linking him to the seventh murder.
Speaker 4: Did you see that video of CNN a CNN crew rescuing a guy from the Syrian prison. Yes, they're going a lot of heat. Yeah, because it's not a Syrian prisoner. It was one of the torturers. One of the guards at the prison. Man had named claimed his name was adel Garball, a father who just happened to be from Holmes. He's captured on video being broken out of a cell. Said he'd been held there for months, looks up the sky and goes, oh, son, I haven't seen the sun in three months. But he doesn't blink his eyes at all, despite the fact that he's looking directly at the Sun. Yeah. This Pointer Institute of Journalism has different agencies around the world, and their Syrian arms said that they have They believe the man is Salama. Mohammad Salama or Abu Hamza is another name that he goes by, one of Asad's prison guards who is credited with torturing people.
Speaker 2: So CNN apparently got taken.
Speaker 1: Chicken tenders. Chicken tenders are a delight, really fun for every age. I do love the McDonald's, the McDonald's offering. I do love Burger King, although bur Key says now they have the chicken fries. Are bur King having a flatter, a flatter chicken strip in my youth, not the not the pointy spear, but a flatter, wider.
Speaker 2: You're getting way too into it for me.
Speaker 3: I don't go on, but you know, McNuggets they're kind of the gold standard.
Speaker 2: McNuggets aren't even on this list.
Speaker 1: Hey, they're not, which which is stupid for the list. The Chick fil A chicken s are phenomenal. Those I've had I don't even mess like. I'll go to I'll do the go to there for a Chick fil A for the chicken strips, just because I don't want to mess around with bread when the chicken strips are that, you know, meaty and bready are ready, right? And the sauces play a role, right the McNuggets. I love the tangy barbecue sauce. It's got a little kick to it.
Speaker 3: I love the Wendy's. They're not on the list either.
Speaker 1: I don't think I wouldn't mess around with the wings stop crispy tenders because those are like big pieces of chicken. Those are like, you know, pop in your mouth while you're driving kind of chicken tenders. I haven't tried the raising canes ones yet.
Speaker 4: Carl's Junior. They used to do them, didn't They used to do them in the shape of stars. Those those are the supers like those.
Speaker 3: I never liked those.
Speaker 1: But Kentucky Fried Chicken. How do you go to Kentucky Fried Chicken and order chicken tenders? How do you go to Kentucky Fried Chicken and not get yourself a bucket of chicken? You got to get the bucket of chicken, right, What do you doing messing around with chicken? Ten is at a KFC.
Speaker 4: One of the last meals I shared with my dad was Kentucky Fried Chicken my dad loved Kentucky Fried Chicken, and he made it sound like, oh, like it was a special treat totally, like if my mom was working or whatever, he'd be like, you know what we could do, we could go like just we could we could break the piggy bank and go go to Kentucky Fried Chicken. And we'd be like, yeah, like he found a way to manipulate us to where we thought that that was like the crumb to a crumb of foods.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: The KFC was on the corner that was the closest fast food restaurant to my house. It was probably four or five blocks away, so you could walk there and back. When they were selling I don't remember what they called him. It was just a tiny little almost like a slider sandwich, just a baby little thing on a muffin with a big dollar of mayonnaise and a bread chicken chicken littles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that what they were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to work at Cans. Yeah, those were good.
Speaker 4: Those were delicious and for a couple bucks, Yeah, you get three or four of those things and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't know if it was just KFC and my dad kind of did that with everything. He did it with the Wiener schnitz You know where we could go. We could go to the Wiener Schnitzel, or you know where we what about an w Huh? You want some onion rings? Some what onion rings?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is he the one who taught you?
Speaker 3: Now thinking that maybe that is the case. Somebody taught me onion?
Speaker 4: Well, then I'm never gonna I'm never gonna correct it again. It's like a little piece of ray coming through.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 4: Let us know what your favorite chicken tenders are. You can send us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. All right, boy, the new DA had a news conference to announce charges against somebody.
Speaker 2: So weird that we're.
Speaker 4: Back to this where the DA charges people with crimes that he wants to enforce laws. Pretty great, we'll talk about that when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.