Speaker 1: Oh Venture, Adventure, intrigue, mystery romance starring Humphrey Boguard and Lauren the Call together in the sultry setting of practical Avanna and the mysterious Islands of the Caribbean. Oh Venture. Once again, the magic names of Humphrey, Bogart and Lauren bring you bold venture and the tale of intrigue and mystery.
Speaker 2: You can't tell much about Havana from a boat tied up at the waterfront, me along, especially at night. But you like Havana.
Speaker 3: It is a strange place. But the one who has lived her life in China all other places are change.
Speaker 2: It won't be that way for long. There's a little bit of all the other places in Havana, Miss Shennon, all right, I'll get your suitcase. Man.
Speaker 3: No, no, that does not eat mister Shennon. It is the other thing. Why did sam Chu have me brought here to Havana?
Speaker 2: You mean you don't know. I know only in Shanghai.
Speaker 3: A letter came to me from sam Chu, a letter with money, with instructions. Then a man Jean with more instructions and took me away from Shanghai.
Speaker 2: Why, mister Shenon, if I'd known you and Shane Hi, I might have brought you hire myself.
Speaker 3: What manner of man are you, mister Shenon.
Speaker 2: I run a hotel, I own a boat and many fighters somewhere in the Caribbean cause I'm a client named Sam chose in a hurry to see a girl named me Long. Hello, anyone aboard? Yeah, it's your name, Slate Cannon. That's right, good, excellent.
Speaker 4: I'm the board. McKey, we'll talk to Shenon.
Speaker 2: How do you do? Mister Shennon? Say? What is this? What do you guys want on my boat? Let me hold the gun, Mickey, so mister Shennon can see it better. Good. You did that very well, Mickey, And you young lady. How do you do mister Shennon?
Speaker 3: Who are these men?
Speaker 2: The lady asked the question. We're prince of yours, mister Shennon, and hers the closest prince you have in the world, don't you think so? Mickey? Mickey can't talk. He just agrees with me, don't you. Mickey? You see what did I tell you? You know what? I know? Who you are? Off the boat? You hear that, Mickey? He wants us to get off the boat to pick up the thread of the conversation. Mister Shennon, what we want is the statue the kwan Yin the lady brought with her from China. You know what they're talking about me wrong.
Speaker 3: I have got nothing from China for suitcase. That is all I bought from China.
Speaker 2: That and our conversation close friends of mine, Mickey and I think the kwan Yin is on this boat, mister Shennon, don't with hink that, Mickey? Well, I ask Mickey where it is? With my holding a gun on you, you say that, say look now ahead, Mickey, Well done, Mickey, easy, easy. There'll be other times, Mickey, mister Shennon will not disturb us for quite a while. So, young lady, where is the kwan Yin?
Speaker 3: I do not know what it is?
Speaker 2: You want search the boat, Mickey, start with the suitcase. Well, let us assume, dear young lady that the kwan Yune is not aboard. Where did mister Shennon stop this butt and hide it?
Speaker 3: Do not touch me with your hand.
Speaker 2: It offends you, my dear. Yes, yes, you.
Speaker 4: Slept, Cinder, You slept Jeffrey Cinder. That's most unfortunate, most unfortunate. I detest killing.
Speaker 2: Now I'm afraid, dear young lady, your body will be washed up upon some shore and someone will wonder why ky MOI yes, Lady sailor, what's that you're playing? Waiting type song? Waiting for mister Salmon type song? Alright, King Moses will have melody written in stone so it never dies. Thanks. How long have you known? Say? Longer than you, longer than anybody anywhere? How long? Since many years? In Porter Prince, I see mom walking on water fil aline? I sing song? He asked my name, I asked him. We attached ourselves each to the other, and it's been good with mister Slath's sanon. It's STI better than anything. That's how it is, King Moses, that kind of is a form Chinese girls late springing back. No, Lady Sailor, we're about to be honored with the celestial presence of mister salm Chu. He looks like he's just stepped out of a Chinese finger painting looking for me. Sam or Princess, your exquisite face brings tears of delight to the unworthy eyes of Sam Chum. I bow to the fragrance of your beauty. Miss gill de Bow. Your presence lends enchantment to Shannon's place. Where is mister Shannin? He hasn't come back yet. Mister Shannon told me he would have my cargo here at precisely this hour in a matter of this nature of mister Shannon has been a man of the precise second. I don't worry about it, Sam, But what is the nature of this matter? Slaight never told me. It is a matter of bringing a girl from Shanghai.
Speaker 5: Well, this I already know.
Speaker 2: But as are white now, unfortunately I am not blessed with the wife. However, of the girl from Shanghai. She brings with her the fabulous Kwan Yin. Kwan Yin a statue an either, that's more important than a girl from Shanghai, far more. Kuan Yin is a goddess, priceless, wondrous. I have made the girls suffer the ravages of a journey from China, the terrors of transistant flight, to bring Quanyon to me. When mister Shannon returns, have him bring the Quanyan and the girl to me immediately to the house of Sam too. This I end the delight of your present. Likewise, I'm sure by Sam King Moses West, Lady Saylors not waiting for mister Slade Shannon song play us some more alright, Lady sailor, Uh uh, that doesn't do us. You got the doctor. Wait for boat to see what that does, Lady sailor, to see what that does? King Moses, Uh, life tale slate won't hit so much of your lifestyle. Your ahead in my lap. And it was good, wasn't he he went over? I mean he rot good? Ohoh man who was owned by another man who owned a gun? He does. I told you what hurt if you tried to move. If you want anything, I'll get it for you. All you have to do is touch my hand. You don't know how about pain, that's all. It's not like yours other kinds I know about it? Like what if I ever tell you throw me away? What happened to your slave? Why did somebody try to make you over? There's nothing to have? Something called me queen me and the glow it was she there's knowing us on the boat. There was no Well have gun, i'd else who don't think about it? They brewed your mouth and be a dad. I don't have it like no there's another remedy, slaves. MM, that wasn't bad. Remind me to get something all the mind? You help me up? You must be out of your mind. Why am I going to get another chance like this? Help me up? A thanks? You're welcome to buy slates. Ask for me at Shinning's place. Maybe I'll be there. Come buy here. You were crazy like your father. My father was crazy to will me to you when he died. What else could he have done with me? He could have trained you over to decent people do safe people, people who don't get beaten up or go on Sunday picnics, walk in the park. Mm. Yeah, stuck with me? Slaves? Do you hate it? You didn't answer me? Do you hate it? I don't think about it. Come on, put your arm around my shoulder and I'll take you back to the hotel. Uh huh. We call on sam Cho Slate, you'll hear it. You can't go. We call on sam Choe, tell him I messed up hissmission, and to ask him why I didn't anything? You want? Slave? You ask him why he hired me to pick up me wrong? Why she disappeared? Why man picked me up for a statue? I didn't have. I can steer a fine course to the house of Sam Chu. Just keep the arm around my shoulder.
Speaker 3: You have come about Sam cho that's right, both of.
Speaker 5: You, the two of us. That is strange. Where Sam please come in.
Speaker 2: Your face that has been here. His face has been here, but he still wants to see Sam Chu. You may call me Tamar flight Shannon. This is sailah Us.
Speaker 6: Do th you are strangers to the house of Chew.
Speaker 2: I have never been here before. I ain't know Sam pretty wild he never mentioned he There.
Speaker 5: Is no reason why he should.
Speaker 6: I am in his employ because of my knowledge of antiques. What about your knowledge of a girl named a Long Me Long, a Chinese girl, girl.
Speaker 2: I picked up from a freighter and brought to Hannah, A girl who's disappeared on the radio.
Speaker 6: As I was driving here to Sam Choose.
Speaker 2: I heard of a Chinese girl. What about her?
Speaker 6: Only that she was found in Havana Harbor, freshly dead from.
Speaker 2: A bullet wound. With this be or Me Long? I got a feeling this could be on me long slate. Yeah, tell us the Sam show.
Speaker 5: You must understand.
Speaker 6: When I returned here a half hour ago, I disturbed my employer, not at all.
Speaker 2: This is a lady with a message, slate. You get the message. No, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Then you are not of the police.
Speaker 5: I call them.
Speaker 2: Police please.
Speaker 7: In this room.
Speaker 2: There there on the floor, Sam, I know what you're going to tell us. He's dead. I don't choose him a precisely if.
Speaker 5: You can dare to look. There is a silk cord about his throats.
Speaker 2: Isn't that unfortunate?
Speaker 5: Mister bob.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Back to Bull Venture our stars, Humphy Bullgarden, Lauren McCall and the second act of our story.
Speaker 2: Find a sight an sailor. I've never seen a Chinese juneral before. Sam Chu and Melong, sam Chu and Meylan. It's one of the toughest things I ever had to do. Sailor attended buying Meylan. She was that lovely, that lovely wife. Some more firecrackers, Sailor, firecrackers to keep away whatever spirit she once kept away. Money's thrown in her coffin to pay her away into whatever paradise she wants. A paradise that's watched over like Kwan Yin. Yeah, what's there about a Chinese goddess? What's there about a statue? That next people are dead, Taylor, Sailor, look at her, Yeah, tamorrow tomorrow and a man drum robe like color had sad stings. Holl aqueen with you like an enchanted princess, and I'll see you, Sailah where you're going to join the funeral? You get a princess to tell me a story? Slate, Hey, wait for me, Slate A fascinating and pathetic spectacle. Don't you think? What? Huh? That's right? Fascinating and pathetic? Who are you? If you don't mind, I am Jeffrey Sender. I don't mind that your father and you are mister Vough, and I am mister vo. How did you know? Merely because the late Sam Choo pointed you out to me one day at Shannon's place, and I have never forgotten. Oh you knew Sam Choo quite intimately. He was my business associate. Would you care to join me in my own private manner of expressing grief over Sam's dead? All right, yes I would. Sam Shop is just a few doors down. I'd like to see how you grieve when a friend dies, mister Zender. I noticed it was difficult for mister Shannon to tear his eyes away from the Lovely and Exotic Tomorrow. Do you know her? Oh? Less slightly? H Here we are. This place looks as if Sam collected all the loot in China. Spurious lute, it's all fake. Will you sit down? Thanks? Now grieve, mister Zender. I want to watch these statuettes you see on the shelves, old plaster, mass produced for the twist trade, and all this rubbish, nothing so delicate or so desirable as a kwanyin. Tell me more about this quan yin, mister Sander. About it? About it is that it's worth perhaps a quarter of a million dollars. Oh, and there's nothing so delicate and desirable as a quarter of a million dollars, is there quite? What is your theory as to where the quanyin is? Why should I have a theory? I'll tell you why a Chinese skull sails half around the world with a fabulous idol mister Hannon is to deliver her to Sam Cho she's killed, but suddenly she doesn't have the idol? Why doesn't she have it? I do know all this for a reason I killed the girls from China. I see, of course you do not see if you will tell me where the quanyin is?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Will you tell me, mister Bell, I can't tell you. I don't know as you wish it. Micky, Mickie, come in here, ask her where the quungin is? Making be gentle.
Speaker 5: But I knew you would come back to me, Slate, Shannon.
Speaker 2: And we both knew it, didn't we Tomorrow?
Speaker 6: I saw you when you were watching the funeral procession. It was a very long funeral, and all the time your eyes were un knee as they are now.
Speaker 2: You find me desirable an understatement, Tomorrow guy wants a lot of things, some of the best or Mark, don't touch I am not fragile, Slate. I will not break. You may touch me anything you'll say, you see I am not an illusion.
Speaker 5: Here I will show you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see what you mean.
Speaker 6: It is said the goddess kwan Yin could kiss a wound and make it vanish. The image of her is believed to be just as miraculous by some.
Speaker 5: It is a pity she has been lost, does it not.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean a kwan Yin want so miraculous. The girl I picked up at sea me Long would still be alive and Sam too. It's Kwanyin? Does it kiss away dying tomorrow?
Speaker 5: If you gave her to me, gave me the kwan Yin?
Speaker 2: What makes you think I've got it?
Speaker 5: Because a man like you it would have been simple to steal.
Speaker 2: From me long it would have been, but I didn't think of it. Also, she didn't have it. Now's your China again.
Speaker 5: I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: I don't believe Besides the miracles, how much will the Kwanyin bringing Yankee dollars tomorrow?
Speaker 6: The Kwanyin image is a symbol of the tears of Mother China.
Speaker 7: You're having her a desecration.
Speaker 2: Where did all the gentle go tomorrow? But if I had the kuan and maybe I'll give it to you, it would make his piles again, wouldn't it? You were mad and Mother China, get.
Speaker 6: Out, get out of this house.
Speaker 2: Your presence is in sus In to the memory of the deck. Yeah, well we almost forgot about that. Didn't we turn out house all right? Some other time? Huh, mister Salmon, he taken his boat on ride to sellars on deck in shadows they hide, they'll beef. They called lotion against doctors, the rays, the bruises. They bumped on mister Shamon's face. Mister Shalam, he was was the king. Miss sil is not bad for five hours already. I didn't ask you that. No, you didn't ask me though. Where could you be for five hours in Havana? In five hours and say that you'll get on again another again? She's never been away from me this long? How long she's been here? No la pizzello, your mister s name so beautiful is miss Sailor? See look missus name? Yeah, I say him? He want something, Chico four of Fiborio Kiero senor and my name channel from Umbre I he none, he he said to come here to this place and find Senor channel. All right, alright, what man? What did they want? No? Sabi what nanny? He say, go to here this place and tell Senor channel like this Kuan Yin, Kwan yen see see Kuan yin. He say, also bring it? He say, bring it to shop of San Chu. He say, Senorita Dubar. And what did he say about the Sonata? Not Senorita will be there for disorder? But man told you all this, Chico, Well, I do not know what man? What man told you then so I do not know, but do not know. I presworded by my mother. I do not send your columber on the street, he told me. Do okay, okay, you know all right, she go open up, Open up, mister Shannon. Where is she? Where's mister Vall?
Speaker 4: Come in?
Speaker 5: Come in.
Speaker 2: You're very prompt, mister Shannon. I asked you something. I asked you. Where is she? Ask politely, mister Shennon. This gun at your stomach, says ask politely. Come mister Bell is in the back room, through this litter of Semchu's vulgar tourist art, through beaded curtains. Oh so bug, mister Bell. Mister Shennon, you are right, just on timing slates. These ropes keep doing things to my wrists. Oh they're bleeding. There, no comments, just on time. Sure, not quite success, mister Shennon. Not quite. You forget two things. One the suddenly little beast in my hand, to the exquisite quan yin. Uh we bought her. Huh, I give it a kuan yin, you give me, mister Vao. Precisely a man strikes a hard bargain slates. Yeah, yeah, I remember, he's got a hammer. Named Mickey. Mickey will trouble no one anymore. Uh oh, he'll be washed up on the beach like the along exactly. It's flotsam. Oh the chitsum jets. I never came a woman with the difference. And now, mister Shennon, now that we've touched gloves the kuanyin, please now you uh, you just don't understand how it's gonna be burst released, mister vaw. Then I take her home. Then you get the kwanyin. You didn't bring it with you. I left it at the hotel. Why yeh? No you won't you kill slate? No kwanyin? You hurt a hair on my head? No kwanyan. Isn't that how it is slate? If he hits the hair on my head? I mean, you need time to figure it out, Alexander, Tomorrow and I have waited this long. We have waited an hour longer. Oh you and tomorrow? Who want to soak around Sancho's throat? Zenda you Tomorrow. I only asked because it was so professional, Thank you. I did it. It's necessari so I did sure. Sure, Just as a matter of curiosity, how much is the kuanyan worice a quarter of a million dollars. Hey become expensive, Sarah, real expensive, almost as expensive as take your hand help me? I don't call you. Can you fry me? Now? You can? On time? This lag? Yeah he did good? Yeah, hell les gold Sailah. Wait a minute. Look over there in the corner a Chining statue like something lighter inside. Hey, what do you know? It's the quan Yin Kwan Yin. It's beautiful. Oh, leave it alone, sailor. It's beautiful and it kills Sam Chu. Leave it alone. Must have been here all the time, the oldest trick in the world. Sam is something valuable, so he covered it with something cheap plaster like all these other phony plaster statues that had been fallen off the shelf during the fight. Could have been lost forever. And the whole business, the Girls from China, all of us a little Chinese play staged by Sam Chu.
Speaker 5: It's a trick.
Speaker 2: Whoever else wanted the quan Yin? Let a bear, Sailor, Let's go to tomorrow the Shannon's Place. The cops can have tomorrow and the kwan Yin. You sure you don't want to go see tomorrow? The Shannon's Place your coming shither.
Speaker 7: Take the wheels, slafe all right. I like this night Moon Trade Winds boat, and you want to like it.
Speaker 2: This boat costs me a lot of money. I paid half, remember, yeah, yeah, that's uh, that's what I said. You you paid half. Take the wheel, sayer, what's the matter with you? Lenon paying my mouth? Sage? Take the wheel all right? It's bad, huh awful. Take the wheel all right? Slay yeah, sailor, Hey, hey, who's got the wheel? He's still slay? What can we run into in the middle of the Gulf stream?
Speaker 1: And so our two stars, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall have brought to a close our latest.
Speaker 2: Bold venture story. Special music was.
Speaker 1: Composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time for another exciting adventure starring Humphrey Bogart.
Speaker 2: And Lauren Bacall together in Old Venture, An another community