Speaker 1: Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Now, don't forget Tonight, Ben and I will be at Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery that we're partners in and they're the sponsors of this segment, and we are doing our MAVs Luka Doncic group Forum public therapy session where everybody can come on out. We're gonna be inbibing because Ben, we got like nineteen local beers, fresh local beers on tap, including our new Rollertown Ipa which is so good. We're gonna have a Ricardo's Tacoia there so delicious street tacos in the mix. And then we're gonna be hanging with you. Now we have the game that's gonna be playing, so Celtics playing the MAVs, and there is a big ninety eight inch four K television in the brewery right now that we're gonna be watching the game on. Yeah, we're gonna watch the game on that giant TV. And uh, that's the same TV we're gonna watch the Big Game on on Sunday. And then we're gonna give that bad boy away And basically to enter to win, you just got to show up at roller ten and Solana. For each quarter that you stay there and watch, you'll get one entry into the contest. So you could get four entries tonight by watching MAVs Celtics with us, and you could get four more on Sunday watching the Big Game with us, or just come to either one you can make and you'll be entered to win. Now, you got to be there at the time of drawing. You've got to be eighteen, and we'll deliver it to you next week. You got to live on a first floor whatever we'll deliver to a first floor in DFW, and you got to be subscribed to the benin Skin newsletter. But you could win a ninety eight inch TV. Feel free, yeah, and have a good time doing it. I've been talking to a lot of people last couple of days that are feeling better. I mean, they're still upset, but time is starting to heal the wounds. They need to see this Maverick team play. But hanging out with like minded people that feel your pain and want to hang out.
Speaker 2: With you that helps.
Speaker 1: So come hang out with us tonight, Rollertown Beer Works, Tacos Beer, MAVs Public Therapy Session.
Speaker 2: Come on through. But right now it's time for this kill. This thing's big.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cynthia. This is the world famous Ben and Skin show that you're listening to. And dude, as I came to work today to get here to the studio, pulled into the parking garage, got to my spot, and there was somebody in my spot, like like just standing there looking at you. Well, I'm kind of a big deal. So I have a reserved parking spot. Do you have one?
Speaker 2: Yes? Next year's Christina, I actually do.
Speaker 3: I just never use it.
Speaker 2: Hey, where is it?
Speaker 3: It's way down there, like the opposite side of you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I have to like cross over that weird Yeah, I know those bars there there, So yeah.
Speaker 2: I just don't even use it. I'm in the VIP parking area.
Speaker 1: Like when I park, there's usually a guy there that offers to hand me a towel. He's got mints and cologne. You park in a strip clubb and you know, just making sure that my drive was good. See if I want a hot towel. Yeah, and so anyways, Uh, you know, I'm in this routine where I always park in the same spot, but lately there's been somebody in my spot almost every day and the other day, somebody was in my spot and they had an eagle sticker on their car.
Speaker 2: Oh, so they were employee of ours? Okay, right, was Elliott Wood in town.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it was. They had an eagle sticker and it said they also had a uta sticker. Oh and so, and so I'm like, I don't know who that could be. But I was like, I think I know who that is. So Golden is in charge of everything at the office. She is a saint of a woman. She runs the show up here, like and so if you run into a problem with the building or the parking garage or whatever, you let Golden know.
Speaker 2: It's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And I had to let her know because since I couldn't park in my spot, I had to park in another spot that was also reserved, right, So I then the dominoes start following. I screwed over somebody else. So I called Golden. I was like, yeah, there's somebody with an eagle sticker and and you know, I don't know they're in my spot. And She's like, Okay, what spot did you park in? And I was like, I don't know, I don't remember. I didn't I just parked a few spots down. She goes, oh, no, they might put a sticker on your car.
Speaker 2: Toe you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, well, I hope they don't. I'm about to go in the air, so I don't really have a chance to stop that from happening. Whatever's gonna happen. So anyways, but I didn't leave a note on their car. You've had people parking your reserve spot before, right, Yeah, I usually leave them a note. I'll draw a picture of a dong on it and I'll just say, hey, man, next time you do this, I'm going to break all your windows.
Speaker 2: Bitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I know who this is, and hold on, write it down, right. I do want to know if you left a note or not, because.
Speaker 2: I did not, do you know?
Speaker 1: Well, for the the Uta person, yes, I think I know who it is. Yep, okay, me and Christina. It's a let's just say your name. It's a sweet Emily. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was thinking it might be. I realized that like the next day, I was like, wait, Uta, that might be Emily, because not know, remember the last time this happened at me and I left a note on someone's car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remember who came up? Do you remember? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I actually don't don't remember. Okay, I'll just say it was Maddie, Okay, Maddie. Maddie walked in with the note that I had written. Was like, hey, this, So when Emily's not helping us learning here what we do on this side, she's probably helping the promo side. Right, yeah, I think so. And that's where Maddie is in that promo side. Okay, great, Okay, that makes a lot of sense. So so today they're knew they wouldn't know, and this is a twelve or thirteen story building that's usually a ghost town, so yeah, would they think there's reserve parking? And it's not overly marked, it's just the number. Anyways, I wasn't mad about it at all. No, because it's our people, and I saw the Eagles sticker. I was like, all right, at least it's one of ours. But so today I'm like, okay, I got to let Golden know someone's in my spot, and I got to let her know what spot I'm parking in so somebody else won't have their spot. But then you just bargain my spots. I don't want to screw you over thank you dog. I figure i'd screw a salesperson over here. Yeah, they need they may not be here anyway, yeah, and so I, well, they're outside closing deals, they're selling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I parked in this other spot and I texted Golden and I was like, yeah, there's somebody.
Speaker 2: In my spot.
Speaker 1: It's YadA, YadA, YadA. And I parked in the spot. And so I didn't even think of anything of it. When I got up to our floor to come to the studio, got out, walked out, and I, for whatever reason, I wanted to go the long way, and so I ended up going by that promotions area.
Speaker 2: So I went to the glass door. So I was going to that promotion area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I walk in and I hear Golden going somebody parked in Ben's spot again. And she's so beaten down by having to deal with me, and she's talking to the promo people. She's going to them because they're probably the suspects. And she's like, what her tone is? What a high maintenance in it? Why is he bothering me this? I have business knew. But she's awesome, you know, she's so sweet.
Speaker 2: So tell you how many times she's coming to me with ben problems.
Speaker 1: I was like, did you please get your boy?
Speaker 2: Can you please just take off? I was like, I was like yeah, and uh. At that moment, I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, I gotta stop bothering her with this, but I don't want to get towed from my other spot.
Speaker 2: And she asked to let she wants to know. So do you want to bring Emily on the air and in viserator? No?
Speaker 1: All right, So so anyways, that wash. That's how my day started today. There was no brawl. There was no issue when I when I got here, but there was somebody parked in my space. But yesterday I did almost get into a brawl, but it was a verbal altercation.
Speaker 2: All right. You probably heard me dealing with this yesterday.
Speaker 1: When I Almost all of our cars in my family are from one dealership. They're from prosper Ford, the Great prosper Ford. But I still have one car that's not from them. Uh, and so it's with a different dealership. And when I was closing the deal on that car and I talked to my guys at prosper Ford, I was just upside down and in another in the same brand that I ended up buying, so it just made more sense to stay in that brand. But anyways, I was hopelessly upside down. So anyways, when I signed that deal, it was the first time I'd done a deal with somebody that wasn't our partner that I was, you know, I was talking to the GM or you know, working with the owner or whatever. And so as I finished making the deal, agreed to a payment, and they're like, all right, let's go back to finance. And as I go back there, I'm like, oh, no, yeah, so did you like a windshields that was never to be washed has a special lubricant on it. In some cases, what you get back there is awesome. Like I always get wheel and tire. If I'm going to be going over the regular warranty, I'll get an extended warranty. You can pre buy the oil changes, you know, some of those things are good. And definitely I get GAP insurance because I totaled the car and I love the Gap band.
Speaker 2: Oh they're great man from Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: But I told her the car once that was way upside down, and I was thank god I had car insurance or GAP insurance. So anyways, there are things you want to get, yeah, but there's also things you probably don't want to get. And so for me, my wife and I had recently both had our windshields cracked.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know there's so much.
Speaker 1: Construction up north where I live Fristco, Prosperous, Alina. There's always trucks on the road and little tiny pebbles hitting your windshield and when you hear it, it's like whack.
Speaker 2: If you know what happened, And I'm like, where is it? I can't see it, dude.
Speaker 1: And if you ever know, you know, there's certain pl I just found this out with my daughter's car. There's certain places where if it hits you have to replace the windshield.
Speaker 2: It can't be fixed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know it's a it's a it's a really cool car, and so it's a not a very traditional it's brand new too, so there's not a there's it's a complex.
Speaker 2: Like I took this car. I took this car again.
Speaker 1: I took this car to get an oil change, okay, and I didn't take it to the dealership.
Speaker 2: And when I took it to one of those quick changed places, they're like we don't know how to change this. It's like a spaceship.
Speaker 1: We'll try, right, And they were taking all these parts off there going we still ain't found it, and I'm like, yeah, okay, put all this stuff back on it.
Speaker 2: I got to take it to the dealership, right, okay.
Speaker 1: So so anyways in this situation, I'm like, I bought windshield insurance, okay, and so sure enough I called the minute I saw that I had cracked my win sheld. I was like, no problem, I have an increased you know, monthly payment because I bought windshield insurance. So I called them up and not the dealership, the company that it goes through, and they were, oh, yeah, you got you got it in in time, it's you're covered.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're great.
Speaker 1: Well they got back to me yesterday and going, yeah, you're it's still going to be six hundred dollars out of pocket for you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is the insurance for right right? What is it going to be normally? I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were like, well, you want to get it done at the dealership, and that's more expensive than the place we use. I'm like, well, yes, I want the dealership to do because they know how to deal with my spaceship.
Speaker 2: Right, So did you yell at them? Did you cancel?
Speaker 1: So I told them it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy a windshield from you. And I was like, you got to have the dealership do it. And so it's still happen.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Meanwhile, that crack is getting bigger on your windshield. Yeah, and mine?
Speaker 1: Oh well, pray for Ben, Pray for Sweet Emily in promotions and my crack. Pay for Ben's crack.
Speaker 2: Pray. Hey, you can't pay me for that. I'll pay you. I'm in love with you. You'll accept my money. You'll accept my money, and you'll like it as I get in that. That's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: Don't forget Dallas Mavericks basketball is coming up tonight. We have the pregame show with Tyler Sloan here in just a few minutes, so do stick around for that. Tomorrow we'll be at the Chalk Tawk Casino and Resort and Durant, Oklahoma. And I'll never forget the time KT looked Tyler Sloane dead in the eye and he said, bank people who know how to code, I think they can do some stuff. Man, you're not offering much, all right. MAV's Basketball's next here. You're going, well, I want to get my sack back, dude, all right,