Speaker 1: It's seven oh six here fifty five kr CE DE Talk Station, Doctor Talk Nutrition Back in studio, George Bretterman, the Keith Tennefeld. We're doing a Restore Wellness campaign. It's you find them online and Restore Wellness dot org. It's all about improving our lives, our nutrition, maybe improving on our weight, and we're going to get some details on how we can all do that sort of springing from you guys been welcome back. It's good you hear you both, And of course Keith is a nurse practitioner, and George is just interested in the subject matter generally speaking, George and I ain't been really interested in improving your health for a long time now, so this is kind of a right fit for you, it is.
Speaker 2: And we started this campaign to my wife and I to just start doing a ton of reading, and you know, the engineering side of me just tears into the equations and facts and stuff. So like when we started talking about, you know, what we wanted to talk about today with nutrition in my mind, I immediately jumped to the chemical processes. So sure, the chemical processes when your body is hit with sugar and carbs is totally different than your chemical process when it's hit with proteins and fats and fats and so you know, to get into that subject of nutrition. And I like that word better than diet because when you think of the word diet, you think, Okay, I want to lose weight.
Speaker 1: This is something I did for a little bit. It's going to be challenging, it's going to require sacrifice. And you know, as I mentioned to my listeners, and hell, here's going to repeat themself again. Since I learned about sugar's connection with cancer, I really did a I've really concentrated on and limiting all that extra process sugar, the corn syrup, any added sugar. I don't eat foods that have added sugar in them, right, and trying to. And my wife and I cook at home a lot, so we don't have a whole lot of processed foods. I mean, I'll admit to a case having some sausage or something like that, but primarily just focusing on keeping all that extra sugar out. And just as a consequence of doing that, couple with a really low carb diet. Since October last year, I'm down thirteen pounds basically. Wow.
Speaker 2: See, And that's that's the side effect of doing things right.
Speaker 1: But he absolutely And that's why I bring it up because you know my lists like oh, losing weight and ruber and I just feel better. It's like it's it's only it's a it's a secondary benefit. If you want to lose weight, there's your benefit, but it comes with the plus side of you feeling better. You're not as exhausted and lethargic, and I have more energy than I did before. So and that really, to me, rather than the number on the scale, has kind of kept me engaged in minding what I'm putting in my body because I'm just getting that positive benefit from it exactly. You know.
Speaker 3: And I think another benefit of eating healthy is that you're eating usually less than and at the same time, yeah, so less blood supplied to your gut, more bloods to bly to your brain.
Speaker 1: You're energy is awaken in your brain.
Speaker 3: You get rid of that brain fog, and when you start getting rid of bad food, then next you know, everything's working on all eight cylinders and and that's a great way to just start your day.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, let's something that's really always kind of annoyed me. It's like every five ten years they readjust what the dietary recommendations are. And I know you guys are real proponents of throwing that food pyramid, which is what they rely on now out the window because of the reason how it was created and why it's not necessarily good for you. But I go back far enough, and don't know, George, you remember this or four four three two They had jingles and songs for four servings of bread and three servings of meat and two servings of cheese or something like that, and only minimizing, even back then, minimizing the amount of candy. And sure you're paybody, but it was four four three two, and I remember that being pounded into. Yeah, this is back.
Speaker 2: I remember when they first introduced as the pyramid back in the sixties.
Speaker 1: So maybe that's it. It's an extension to that. It was just different way of talking about it. It was basically a pyramid because four was the bottom right three, you know.
Speaker 2: So, and my thing is now the thutto try to eat five to seven servings of rice and carbs.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how horrible I feel. Now, well, let's just start with that. How is it that carbs became something that were so strongly recommended and encouraged to eat because that turns into sugar in your body, which is a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's totally against There's a book called the Primal Blueprint Mark Sisten, and what he does there is he goes through how the human DNA was evolved. So humans didn't have farming until just ten thousand years ago. So if you think about it, without a farm, what do you eat? Well, whatever you can catch, you can hunt or gather well, and gathering only works sometimes. So the human body in the DNA evolved to digest proteins and fats, and the way it worked with carbs was okay, right at the end of summer, there's gonna be a lot of berries, and so they would stuff themselves with carbs and the cave man would get this nice fat that then had a last thing through the winter when he didn't eat as much. So the human body in the DNA evolved to digest protein and fat and carbs is like, this is a new thing to the human race and it just doesn't fit well. It's almost like it's dessert, kind of like it's the little extra special thing, and so they load on them when they could find them.
Speaker 1: Right the sugars. When you ran into a sugar, you would consume it, but it wasn't frequently found in nature, I suppose, right.
Speaker 2: And so what's happened, and we were talking about this on the way over, is is we've evolved to the point now where we're so concentrating on the taste. I eat stuff that tastes fantastic, and almost always taste is equated to sugar.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that it started when they started putting chemists inside these food industries. Oh and they started tantalizing, how can we stimulate these dopamine receptors to get people addicted to this, this and that, And before you know, it's sugar being a very very powerful addictive chemical because of the dopamine response, how you get became a mainstream for.
Speaker 1: It for marketing? Absolutely? And you know, come on, does anybody eat just one door eto those things? The springles jingle? You bet you can't eat just one? Can't, man? I mean, and I don't. I haven't eaten chips and I can't remember how long. We don't even go down that aisle anymore when we go grocery shopping. It's like lead me not into temptation, but I talked to a doctor last week wrote the book Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG Processed Food in America's Health crisis. Doctor Katie Reid is her name, and she was talking about it again along the same lines. MSG. It's not only literally put in foods, but it's indirectly in there, so you're process, you're you're labeling won't even show that it's there. But it's a flavor enhancer and it's incorporated into so many foods because it does, you know, set it apart from something that wise wouldn't maybe taste as palatable, but there it is, and it's really bad for you.
Speaker 3: There's a syndrome that people can sometimes experience. It's called the Chinese food syndrome after they eat Chinese food. Yeah, they get neurow irritability from the MSG.
Speaker 1: Well that's where I first started, and that's the first thing at the gate when I was talking to her, I go, I remember when there was this big craze with Chinese restaurants to get rid of the MSG. They would either advertise no MSG added, or you could ask them to not add MSG. And that's twenty thirty years ago. But I didn't realize and after I did after having talked with her, that it is a chemically created thing through other processes. Again that won't be revealed in your food labeling, so it's almost impossible to avoid. Well.
Speaker 2: And if you step back to the ten thousand foot level and you think about food, the idea is food is to give your body energy. It wasn't really ever meant as a pleasure thing. You need to do this so that you're alive. And what happened when Philip Morris and R. J. Reynolds took over all the food companies because they couldn't sell as many cigarettes anymore, they did what Keith was just saying, they learned how to make the food more addictive. Well, that's how they they do with cigarettes. It's exactly it. It's the same chemist.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the exact same industry that has now made food the same way. And so what you got to think about is you need to stop thinking about food as I need stuff to taste good. And the only reason I would ever reduce it is to lose weight. And what totally changed how we approach things was I am not eating this way to lose weight.
Speaker 2: I'm eating this way because it's a better way to get energy into my body. And that's kind of the whole main difference. You know, Carbs are a quick fix. They like you said, it's converted to sugar right away, goes into the bloodstream. The problem is it goes into the bloodstream and then boom, the insulin gets produced to try and knock it down right because your blood having too much sugar will kill you. And so why do they give you bread at the beginning of a meal when you go to a restaurant. The reason is it causes this huge spike and insulin and you're and because we're eating so much bread and so many carbs, we always overshoot. Yeah, so they give you bread, you get this insulin spike, and suddenly you're even hungrier than you were.
Speaker 1: When you came in the door. Tortilla, chips and tortilla and now you're ordering appetizers and drinks and oh yeah, deep fried and and depfried fill in the blank, deep fried pickles, DERs.
Speaker 3: For anybody who isn't aware of this yet, deep fried food is death.
Speaker 1: Well, we can talk a little bit more about that, because that's the other thing we moved away from. Anything like with seed oils, in it, because there's problems with that and excessive heat. And I know for example, and you know, God love the the French fries, but now the frying beef beef tollow as opposed to vegetable oil, and there's reasons for that beef. Good. Let's pause. We'll bring these guys back. Keith and George talking health and again it's Restore Wellness dot org. Not trying to be preachy, just trying to elevate the amount of information out there so we can make informed choices, which I think is a great thing to do. USA installation another great thing to do to save money on your energy bill, which keeps going up and up and up and up, and even if it wasn't going up, saving money is I think important. Why spend more when you don't have to. USA insalation pays for itself with the energy savings, and you're going to enjoy immediate, instant comfort the day they install it. Average home takes less than a day to insulate. They patch the injection sites where they pump the foam into the exterior walls, and nobody knows they were there except you, And you'll get a smile on your face every month when the energy bill comes, and you may even be able to save more on your energy build than the monthly price of the phone, which is only ninety nine dollars a month with no interest. Plus you'd be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. It's the right thing to do. Call for a free inspection. You may be under insulated or have no insulation, and if that's the case, they'll let you know if the phone is going to help, and if you've got adequate insulation, they'll let you know that three eight one three six two sixty five one three three eight one phone. Learn more online USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station Power Shanna nine.
Speaker 1: Weather Today, we've got some clouds, maybe a little bit of rain. Sounds like not forty five for the high down of twenty eight at night with clearing sky Sunya tomorrow with a high fifty four, cloudy overnight now of forty two and a cloudy Saturday with a high fifty three forty eight degrees. Right now, let's hear about traffic editions in chuck.
Speaker 5: Ingram from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set call Arectal Cancer Program Call five one, three, five, eight five uc ce CE SAP bend seventy five problems on the Brand Spence Bridge left lanes bocked off with an accident that traffic now backs up to the Western Neills Viaduct and over a fifteen minute delay into Northern Kentucky SAB two seventy five slows with the Lawrence Program, Chuck ingramon fifty five krs lead talk station.
Speaker 1: Here put you by Kersey Talk Station talking Restore Wellness go online, Restore Wellness dot organ George Brunneman, who is also the Restored Liberty dot Us guy. He's in politically engaged, but also a health focus and nurse practitioner Keith Tennenfeld, who is very much into this and how how long you've been focusing on health and nutrition.
Speaker 3: I started my medical career back in nineteen ninety six and then been to a nurse practitioner since two thousand and nineteen, right before the COVID storm hit and we were doing some amazing things with COVID.
Speaker 1: Okay do you have a clinic or something like that.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a root Cause clinic that I work out of in Harrison, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Root Cause Clinic, and so you help people with nutrition.
Speaker 3: And exercise and motivation and wellness and motivation.
Speaker 1: We were having a conversation off air about motivation. He said, Ah, you got to spend an hour with me in my clinic and I'll get you motivated. I'm like, yeah, yeah, right. I was your friend to myself as like the dude from Big Lebowski, the laziest man in Los Angeles County. Anyhow, moving back over, I mentioned steak and shape in the beef Hollow. That was a move that was embraced by RFK Junior, who's pushing to get these seed oils out. So let's start with that, because vegetable oil became all the phenomenon when people started worrying about their cholesterol, like, oh my god, we got to get the fats out of our diet and don't eat eggs. And that was a misguided push from what I understand now, right, very much. So, So what's the problem with these oils?
Speaker 2: So the main thing is they were originally developed as the cheaper way to get oil because petroleum was cheaper was getting too expensive, and so they squeeze these seeds to get the sludge out of them, and it's literally sludge. Then they use an organic chemical that is poisonous and dangerous to get the sludge to be thinner. Then they have to remove the chemical they put in there, and so it's this really artificial, crazy process. And the bottom line is the seed oil has a much more difficult problem with what's called oxidation, so it turns rantom quicker and your body doesn't know what to do with it. It's not a natural thing, whereas you know bacon, grease, lard, beef tallow and for some reason, avocado and olive oil that's what we are, a totally different process.
Speaker 1: So we switched over to avocado oil.
Speaker 2: And that's what everyone's been schooled to do now, is to get away from the vegetables.
Speaker 1: So why make homemade mayonnaise using our avocado oil? I keep wanting to try that. The tough it is, so it takes you a minute. I mean it's a little it's a little white wine vinegar, some lemon juice, just this little Scotia dijon, a cup of olive oil and an egg and some salt. You get one of those handheld blenders, you put it in and it's done. It's like almost instantaneous. I'm going to be doing that so much better. No chemicals preserved as it is. You know, I make one batch, it'll last me more than a week. And then you know, because it's got a raw egg and it end up throwing out whatever is a little bit left. But oh my god, what what an amazing way.
Speaker 2: And now you're not eating the seed oil, which is all these issues like heart issues, inflammation. Keith, you were talking about the damage it does to the liver.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, So you know, if you think about liver as a filter, but it's really his number one job is so that you live when you don't eat. AKA, people who are forced not to eat, like say concentration camp people, right, they live because of their liver. And if your liver's not functioning very well, you can't process cholesterol, you can't process fat, you can't process sugars. So that's why people end up developing high blood pressure, they developed diabetes and high cholesterol because their liver is underfunctioning. And the best way to get your liver functioning is to do intermittent fasting. And you know, I got a friend right now who's on working on a ninety six hour fast and he's feeling amazing. And so there's a lot behind trusting the liver's job to really convert you into what we call ketosis aka the keto diet. As long as that you're drinking plenty of water. That's very, very important when you're doing ketosis.
Speaker 1: So when you talking about fasting, I mean ninety six hours fine, But is there any different type of fasting because I've heard like just not even twelve hours is good. There's intermittent fasting, also known as breaking your fast aka breakfast, and that's a very common one where people only eat two meals a day and making sure that those two meals aren't in gorge with extra food. So you're still kind of limiting your calorie reduction, which is a great way to lose weight over a period of time. But then when you get into more of a medicinal fasting where you're doing extended periods twenty four, thirty six, ninety six hours, where you start to get really what they call a potosis where you're breaking down bad cells and harmful chemicals in your body. And I think that everyone at least should be doing a ninety six hour fast sometime in probably in every year, not if twice or three times a year. Oh wow, I've gone two days. I've never gone three. Nah, that would be a tough one. We have to consider trying that. Sometimes I won't eat anything, say between five point thirty with dinner and maybe nine o'clock in the morning when I get back home, so that I'm doing that like every single day. So I don't know if that extended break.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, that puts you in ketosis. As long as you're drinking plenty of water, you're you're breaking down fat, and you're letting your liver really do the work. You're giving your pancrease a break. But more important than you're also giving your gut a break. Because our guts in America are always working. We're always shoving something in there. Yeah, and if we could stop that and give our gut to break, people's digestive problems will get better. Their call bater symptoms are good, get better. Maybe they're if they're having problems with elimination and such, that would improve as well.
Speaker 1: Just coffee count. A minimal coffee is a great thing. Okay, I'm going to have another cup of coffee and a break here. Let's continue in a few minutes here with the guys on Restore Wellness dot Org. First though, chimney care, fireplaces, stove spring sale. So all you do is need to change winter to spring and you have a special and it can be the same thing. In this particular case, your winter specials turned into the Spring special wood burning and sweeping evaluation for just one hundred and sixty nine to ninety nine plus tax, and you need to do that. If people would burning fireplace, it's really important because your chimney's gonna catch on fire if you don't have it clean. So get it swept, get it fully inspected. And speaking of inspection, how about a free I'd love that word. Free exterior evaluation. Jimmy Care Fireplaces still will come out and exterior evaluate your chimney to make sure there's no damage, there's no flashing problems or anything like that. So protect your chimney from water damage and book a free xterior evaluation. Maybe at the same time, if you got a woodburn and take advantage of the spring wood burning sweeping evaluation A plus is a better business. Burea locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight. Telling Brian said him, and you call for the appointment or appointments five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. You can book online chimneycarec dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Nine first wether forecast is gonna be overcast today, maybe a little bit of rain, forty five of you. The high down to twenty eight overnight with clear skies, sunny Tomorrow high a fifty four, cloudy overnight down at forty two, and a high fifty three on Saturday with cloudy skies forty seven degrees. Right now traffic time.
Speaker 5: From the uc out Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials on the region's only young onset called a rectal cancer program called five one three, five eight five UCCC snapbound seventy five continues slowed through Lachland heavy from just Bobow Hoppel to the Brent Spence where cruise continue to work with a wreck on the bridge, left lane blocked Chuck ingramon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one I fifty five KRC the talk station Talking Health Today, Restore Wellness dot orgs where you're gonna get a lot of information on at George Buneman and Keith Tennefeld in the studio empower Youse Seminar at eight oh five were talking to Hunter Oswald about the legacy of Herbert Hoover and Andrew Pappus about his altercation with a liberal nut job the other day. He'll be on at eight twenty, and I heard need the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at a thirty. In the meantime, we're talking health and we've talked a little bit about some fats. We talked about the food pyramid being wrong and the importance of maybe fasting and incorporating that into our diets. With what other fun healthy tips can you offer the listeners to improve their situations.
Speaker 2: Well, the key is to go after it because it's going to make you feel better. I think that's that's a huge difference from saying, Hey, I'm going to go on a diet because I want to lose ten pounds. You're gonna lose weight if you do the right things to get onto the right energy, and we've hit the big ones. So the big ones are definitely you want to reduce carbs. You mentioned in the in the grocery store. We never go to the middle aisles anymore. It's it's all this stuff on the outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what if you just the funny thing is for me when I did the key, I went full on a month of Keto and it sucks, I'll admit. And your first couple of weeks, the keto flew is a real thing you go through withdraw, I mean, and there's a weird and weird sense about it. But after a couple of weeks, you know kind of kicked in. But then you talk about you end up eating less. I ended up eating less just because anything that was full on Keto approved just kind of made me want to gag the thought about eating it. I am so sick of eating this just limited number of things that I can have on a Keto diet. But it's like the the the amount of carbs when you're focusing on what you're buying. When you stare at the grocery store, generally speaking, it's a sea of carbs.
Speaker 2: I mean every ale upon aisle, you got the bread eye, you got the doughnut aisle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy hip style and it's just everywhere. Carbs, carbs, carbs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, and the key is what we want to try and get is it is easy to make small differences. Like RFK Junior said, President Trump's lost thirty pounds because he's not even the buns on his big mac anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's small step, So start small. The main thing that we wanted to get out early on was in talking about the pyramids.
Speaker 1: So much of what was just.
Speaker 2: Drilled into our heads was wrong, and it was driven by either political forces or corporate law being from the big egg. So you got to step back and say, you know, it's okay to eat bacon and eggs. In fact, that's probably a great thing to do. It's not you know, all of the stigma that's attacked process.
Speaker 1: And has nitrates and things like that. Unless you got to watch Fred you can get bacon. That's not correct.
Speaker 2: And so then the second step is, Okay, all of these seed oils, all these artificial oils, and if you can go to pro to just getting avocado and natural oils, like butter. We say bacon, grease butter, same thing. But the third thing then is what are the chemicals that are being added? You're hearing a ton now, a buck, life, a state or round up. It's like in everything in the United States. There's very little of it in Europe. So there's all these chemicals that are added to your system. So the question is what's the biggest bang for your buck? And the biggest bang for your buck is to rethink, do some study and get some knowledge, get some motivation to change some things.
Speaker 1: And Keith, I think you've got some, you know, quickie recommend.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about motivation because that seems to be the one barrier when you're gonna go choose to eat something. You know they say is they say it's not your habits are or the problem, or you're not addicted to a habit. You're actually addicted to a decision. It's the decision that creates the habit. So number one, what type of decision do you want to make when it comes to your health? And number one, how do you feel about yourself? Are you worthy to eat properly? Are you worthy to eat right? They will say, well, it costs too much money. No, it does not cost too much money to eat, right, you just stop buying junk and you're already saving money. And if you're buying really good foods, you don't need to eat as much because it's nutritiously valued, you know.
Speaker 1: So there's a big, big component to that.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is grocery stores they love selling this boxed stuff because it's on the shelf. It stays around for a long time. It doesn't get thrown in the garbage, so they can see keep it on the shelf and you buy it and they make their fancy money. Meanwhile, it's it's the fresh produce, the produce that has energy in it that gives you vitality, and that can usually obviously is around the edges, you know, like they say. But I just encourage you when you're looking at your food, you look at it for its energy source. It's a vibrant health energy. You'll get a good feel, you'll get a good vibration from it, and that's a great way to start processing it.
Speaker 1: And you're right about the weight thing.
Speaker 3: We sometimes will look at food as a weight issue and a weight and weight's very defeating.
Speaker 1: But you said like you said.
Speaker 3: You start caring for yourself, you start loving yourself, you start feeling better. Next you know, you're working out, next on your exercise and you're burning calories, you're eating right, you're drinking good amounts of water. Water is very very important for processing, and before you know it, that weight will just automatically begin to disappear. And it's really on all of the above kind of a thing. So once you start cutting out the seed oils, once you start cutting out carbs and eating more protein than fat, you're suddenly not hungry, You're full. You can go a long time and still not you know, lose your energy. And I think you mentioned that with the keto, you feel like you got more energy even though you're eating like my plate's only half of what it used to. And another benefit of eating protein is it increases your testosterone. And testosterone has systemic global effects through muscle gains and healthy wife.
Speaker 1: Strong leg bull Yes, don't go away, We'll continue talking to Hell, George and Keith afterward. For my dear friends. Who's at Love's Camba cross Country Mortgage for all your mortgage related needs questions and she's you call Sussette up. Do you like my daughter did. She took she took Dad's recommendation and very happy she did. She was able to get a mortgage like it only took like a day or two and she was so happy about the speed to turn around and Suette's personalized service. And she will definitely give you great customer service. That's what she's all about. She's been in the mortgage game for more than thirty five years. So whether you're a veteran who wants to get one hundred percent of the loan with no mortgage insurance, I think that's amazing, or you want the CCM Cross Country Mortgage Line of Duty Death Pound of It for those first responders out there. Provides financial protection for the families of first responders to the tune of paying off the outstanding mortgage balance up to five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars if you follow the line of duty. Just a little extra special love from the from your friends at Cross Country Mortgage and Suzette Lowe's Car. Reverse mortgage are available, fixed second mortgage, cash out options, whatever it happens to be, give her a call and please tell o Brian said, Hi, You'll love that you called her. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six. Shooter he emails should get right back to us. Is at dot Low's camp, Los Kampieces at dot Low's camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: UH. Time for Weather Channel nine, first one to weather forecast. We got an overcast day to day, maybe a shower popping up at high a forty five in any event, twenty eight overnight with clear skies, Sunny skies tomorrow with a high fifty four overnight low of forty two with clouds and cloudy Saturday high fifty three forty seven. Right now, Time for a traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers the innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set COLA rectal cancer program called five one three five eight five U se ce C southbound seventy five continued slow through Wakland, then from Hoppel to an accident on the bridge where the left late block. You'll need an extra twenty five minutes out of Sharonville into northern Kentucky. No I found four seventy one now slows across the bridge. South seventy one slows into blue Ash. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC leave talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five krcity talk station Restore Wellness dot org. So we're gonna find George Bunteraman and Keith Tennanfield's information. And we've been talking all morning about health nutrition, a different way of viewing diet, and of course then as that exercise component, and you you had get off air. I've been you know, I always can give myself a hard time for just really literally lacking any motivation whatsoever to exercise. I don't know what happened to it. I used to be really in good health and aerobic, you know, and had good cardiovascular health and all of that, and I just it just went down the toilet. I think probably when I started this job. But how, I mean, how can you get someone to tap into a motivation if someone's listened to us right now going I can't do that, I can't do that. Where where does does that motivation come from? Keith?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want you to hit the dump button, but it's f your feelings, it really is. You got to stop letting your feelings guide your decision making because you know deep down inside that exercise is the right thing to do or dieting is the right thing to do. And sometimes you got to put the cart before the horse and drag both of them along the journey until the horse gets the idea. Listen, I do got to get moving, and before you know what, the horse will get motivation because you will end up feeling better after you do these right things, and that'll start to perpetuate a nice, feel good emotion and better dopamine, healthy dopamine as I call it, and before you know it, but you just the goal is just to get started. One of the neat statements I say to my patients is what's the harder belt to get in karate? The black belt or the white belt. Often people will say the black belt, but it's not. It's the white belt because the black belts got to show up to do it right, you got it. The white belt's just showing up. The black belts just doing the white belt over and over again. And so really just saying, you know what, I'm going to stop letting my emotions or my feelings tell me what I need to do, because I know what I need to do. And I'm gonna start doing it, and it's gonna start making me feel better. And once once that motivation starts happening, you start caring for yourself and loving on yourself, then light begins to happen, positivity begins to happen in your life, and you feel stronger and you feel better, and you feel like you can just tackle the next twenty years. But we get in slumps in life, you know, we get someone dies in the family, or we have a financial crisis or a job change, and our structure gets messed up. That's understandable, but get back on it, get back on it well. And that's often when that it's like self medication. You know, it's easy to pour a scotch or crack open a beer when you're feeling depressed or unhappy, and that tends to put a mask over the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And I get that. But food as a reward and food as a dopamine inspire is a really popular thing. You know, we reward children with food. You here's a brownie forgetting an a or I mean, it's just built into built into our day to day existence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the key is, like Keith was saying, is you've gotta at some point look back and say listen. And I joke on one of our podcasts, I said, you know, I look at wellness as I can get on the floor, play with the grandkids and get back up off the floor. And so that's kind of a you know, ground zero for wellness is I can get back up off the floor. But what about, you know, being able to go outside and play with them? What about being able to you know, live to be ninety or one hundred instead of seventy two, which is like the average age now. So you've got to get that thing in your head that I'm doing this for all of the right reasons, and not all of them are for me alone. It's so that I can be around to do the job as a parent, as a grandparent.
Speaker 1: And to make a difference in just what's going on.
Speaker 3: I have a saying that says that if you want to be a great grandparent, you got to start doing great things today.
Speaker 1: It's a good way looking at it. Let me talk about living the ninety or one hundred. I'm not quite sure I want to live that way well.
Speaker 5: But the one I know what you.
Speaker 1: Restore wellness dot or we're gonna bring it back for one more. They've got to an event coming up we're going to learn about. It's at March twenty six at the Farm and Restore Wellness, meaning we'll find out what's going to take place at that event, and maybe another couple of fun facts on our health and our diet. It's seven forty five right now at fifty five K see the talk station. Get in touch with Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, and you know it is a good time to get in touch with Zenter. If you need a new AC system, an HVAC system, why not save up to fifteen hundred and fifty bucks on a new carrier comfort system. For my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling who've been at this game for more than seventy five years, third generation owned company. You'll be working with Chris Zimmer and his team. They will do wonder by They will do right by you in terms of customer service and of course, carrier invented air condition it's a great, great system to have put in and especially with savings up to fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. So take advantage while the offer exists and let them take care of your comfort and your safety in your home with your HVAC system.
Speaker 5: Call him up.
Speaker 1: Tell them, Brian Saidhi, when you call, please five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three, five two one ninety eight ninety three. Learn all about their services and schedule the appointment online. It's easy to do it. Go Zimmer. Let's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: UH channel and I Weather forecas going to be cloudy today, maybe a little bit of rain. High forty five down of twenty eight overnight with cleer skies, clear day of sunny skies tomorrow fifty four body very night down to forty two, and high fifty three on Saturday with botty skys forty seven. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the ucl Tramffics Center.
Speaker 6: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset co rectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five uc CEC South Bend seventy five, running close to an extra half hour out of Sharonville into northern Kentucky, break lights through Lachland, then from Hoppel to the bridge, where crews continue to work for the wreck that blocks the left lane southbound seventy one. Now I'm going to cost you an extra five field zerble to fight for Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven fifty if fifty five KRC de talk station. One more segment here with George and Keith talking Restore Wellness and when you can go to the website Restore Wellness dot org. Rick just sent me an email, Rick, thanks for tuning into the program. I appreciate you listening to the show. And he's always chiming in on matters political, but he was interested in this and he wanted to know, are there any books that you recommend? And George's like, yeah, I just got to Restore Wellness dot org and click on resources. You see the little pulldown menu right there, and it's got reading and there you have the entire list of the recommended books.
Speaker 2: Yep, there's a ton of great books out there. I will caution that some of them are like reading textbooks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a lot of them.
Speaker 2: If you read like the first third, you're going to get the main storyline. And it's really really important to understand the science behind some of this because this isn't just people give an opinion. This is based on studies and facts and stuff. To me, that's always the core. I got to understand the science first.
Speaker 1: Well okay, and I'm glad you brought that up because earlier on in the program and I forgot to ask you and follow up on it. I hear what you're saying. I hear the Keto diet, I hear you know, encouraging to eat more proteins, and you know obviously the fewer cars. But for every quote unquote diet or path to well, there's always some alternative theory floating around it. Yeah no, no, no, the Atkins diet or no, no, no, the Keto diet is not good because you should be doing this. So like some vegan out there screaming at the radio, going no eat needs terrible for you. And I hear that all the time. So it's really tough to get the protein from plants. But the key is there is always a yin and yang. The vegetable oil companies are going berserk now because RFK juniors all against seed oils. So they've been trying to publish these studies that say or publish these articles. There are no studies at back seat oils.
Speaker 2: They publish their opinion that hey, it's it's really better for you because of this, this, this and this. But you know the bottom line is the chemistry says you shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 3: Right, and if the research is, you know, the research will probably be easily fed into a biased, financially you know, promoted outcome. We saw a lot that with COVID and vaccines and all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: That's that's what's happening all over.
Speaker 3: My recommendation for those people, especially even vegetarians who are looking for, you know, other options for a protein based UH and such as this is gonna be ironic when I say this, but use your gut instinct.
Speaker 1: It'll help you, it'll guide you. Trust him.
Speaker 2: So the key is that there's a bunch of stuff out there that we can do to help you out. So the first is, if you go to restore Wellness dot org, under the resources page are all of the books, and I encourage you to look at those. The second thing is if you follow us on x we do repost a lot of the stuff that reinforces these ideas. Casey and Kelli means around there all the time. Doctor Rubbert Robert Lufkin's there all the time. So I'm we're really trying to use AX as our outlet. Hey, hey you're here's five or six things you should be looking at today. The next thing is on the website. We just posted a podcast where we go through keys ten facets of wellness. It's really interesting. If you've got thirty minutes, you know, put on your headphones, go for a thirty minute walk. You can listen to that podcast and you'll get a really good foundation on here's the different things you can be doing.
Speaker 1: I saw what you did there with the walk incorporated walk to the podcast.
Speaker 2: That's what I listen to podcast is I just go for a thirty minute walk and I listen.
Speaker 1: To you know, Daily Wire or whatever. And one other thing else I think they can do is show up at the farm or some I guess De fried Chicken March twenty six for the Restore Wellness meeting. What are you gonna be talking about it that? So March twenty six is I know this is a place we usually go to for Restore Liberty, but this month we're going to be concentrating entirely on the wellness Gabe Gardini from turning point, Action is going to be talking about their Healthy Americans initiative that they've got going. So the best thing with Gabe is he brings the younger perspective to these things. He drops our everage age in half, I think when he walks into the room. But Gabe will be there, Keith's going to be there. I'll be there March twenty six. The doors open at five thirty, dinner will start at six, we'll play a podcast at six thirty, and then the meeting starts at seven.
Speaker 2: So it's it's a full schedule. But you'll walk out of there smarter than you walked in. I'm certain you will. And you've made me a smarter person nutritionally speaking, just talking today, and maybe you'll find it deep inside to find that little ounce of motivation will get me off my butt during the day.
Speaker 1: There you go. My wife, and my wife I'm sure has been listening to this. She listens to the program every day, and you know, I'll come home and I guess she's going to have that look on her face because she's always hounding me to get off my She loves you. I know that. I'm a lucky man. So love her, love her back and do what she tells you to do. Oh, I love her plenty, all right, very good, plenty. Good luck guy down that road right, getting off your button, taking a walk. I will endeavor to do that. I do have a dog. There you go. She's the one that walks him every day while she gets up at like five o'clock. It takes a dog for a walk. Oh god, now I'm feeling really guilty. Thanks guys, that's appreciate it. If I'm in hot water, it's self induced and self created. So well, I've looked forward to talking to you guys again. Keep up the great work and keep you know, getting the information out there. I think it's just so important, and I'm pleased to be able to spend the time with my listeners of me today to help to help serve that process. Thanks by my pleasure.
Speaker 3: And Brian, if your listeners want to maybe text your email you have topics they want to talk about, and you get that back to us, we'll bring them to the table.
Speaker 1: That would not be a problem. Man, right, excellent, Keith, great senior. George. Always great seeing you and I'll look forward to having you back on the program again soon. Keep up the great works, folks, stick around. Hunter Oswald on the legacy of Herbert Hoover. Just a little bit of information. He's going to be doing a deep dive on that with the Empower Youth Seminar. Andrew Pappus on his altercation with the left wing advocate activist he got assaulted and Jay Ratliff I heard me the aviation expert coming up at eighty thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 4: Covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day America's deadline is over fifty five per se the talk station. This report has spawned