Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We have buffed out all sorts of things here at KFI to keep you informed on changing events, obviously this afternoon, this evening particular concern. As wins pick up. In a second, I'll get to Michael Monks. I just wanted to mention to you that, yeah, that Mayor bass is exactly is gonna get your Mayor bass is approaching the mics and she's having a press conference listening lit.
Speaker 2: Before I introduce our speakers, I do want to thank UCLA and Chancellor Frank for opening up this facility to us. Please raise your hand and so we can acknowledge you. Thank you very much. This was very kind of UCLA to do this. I think this is a wonderful facility where people could come. There's adequate parking, and this facility is obviously.
Speaker 3: For the people from everywhere, but.
Speaker 2: Especially the Palisades and her Spire. So our first speaker Bob Fenson, who is the FEMA administrator, and we are just so happy about his leadership. He has been through this for many, many years and has an incredible reputation and legacy.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you so well. Thank you glad to be here with the mayor.
Speaker 4: And when we talk about recovery, it's really about a whole community effort. And what you're seeing behind us is that community coming together. It's all levels of government, it's nonprofits, it's private sector, all coming together to help individuals impacted from these disasters. FEMA offers a wide array of assistants and brings together the federal community to support state and local governments and disasters. For those that want to apply, go to Disaster Assistants dot gov. He's a winning one hundred sixty two to one three three sixty two number. You should apply before coming in here. Once you come in here, there's a number of different programs at state and local level, including federal level, that can help you with your assistance, whether it's answering questions or looking for gaps and assistance. One of the things that we've already done is had over forty thousand applications.
Speaker 3: We provide over eight million dollars.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of work yet to do and there's a lot of questions out there. So if you have questions, please come in here and do that. It's helpful if you register and apply first. FEMA has a two critical grant grants that will help individuals. The first is called Other Needs Assistants and the Other Needs Assistance provides for.
Speaker 3: Provides individuals with.
Speaker 4: Personal property losses, medical and dental transportation, funeral costs, and other miscellaneous costs. That grant has a cap of forty three six hundred.
Speaker 3: The other one is.
Speaker 4: Called Housing Assistants and it helps the individuals with prepare placement and lodging expenses and also has a cap a forty three thousand and six hentred and indition to those grants, we provide rental assistance and temporary housing assistance that doesn't cost kind against those grant caps. If you're insured, please go to your insurance company first so we can't duplicate other funny sources. So please go to your insurance company first. If you have done that, bring that in here and we could go ahead and help you with any unmet.
Speaker 3: Needs or any under insurance you may have. Through that.
Speaker 4: Again, there's many other different federal, state, and local agencies here that can help you in your road to recovery, and our teams collectively stand by to help you down that path. Appreciate the Mayor bringing us all together today to start the road to recovery here at this disaster recovery center.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Starting the road to recovery. Anita Steinson Stinson, who is the SBA Disaster Recovery Administrator, thank.
Speaker 5: You, Thank you so much, Madam Mayor, and I appreciate the introduction. I am a mere public affairs specialist. Thank you for the promotion. Ladies and gentlemen. As mister Fenton just said, I'm one of the federal resource partners, and most people are not aware because of our name, the Small Business Administration, that during disasters we give resources to homeowners and renters as well as small businesses and nonprofits. So we so appreciate the media being present and sharing that message wide and far and frequently. Please and what am I meaning by resources? The Small Business Administration has low interest loans for homeowners, renters, small businesses, and nonprofits, and we are resource partners with FEMA, and we urge you to apply with FEMA first, really simultaneously with FEMA and SBA Disaster and the way people can do that is go to SBA dot gov forward slash disaster, and as mister Fenton stated, it's best to do that before you come here. And if you look to my right, you will see literally a sea of blue of our customer service representatives that are here to assist survivors with their applications. They can do it here, but if they apply online first, they will see maybe what assistance they need in person. So what we offer is homeowners can receive up to five hundred thousand dollars plus an additional one hundred thousand dollars for personal property, and renters have access to that personal property. I mean that can be a car, I mean that can be anything that is needed. Businesses and nonprofits can access up to two million dollars. And the most important thing for people to know is that there's no cost to apply, there's no obligation to take the loan, and there are no payments and no interest accruise for the first year. These are very trauma informed and designed loans. So what that means is even if you know, similar to FEMA, we cannot duplicate benefits, so you can figure out what you are eligible for in terms of grants, you can sort out your insurance. You don't have to for your insurance, which I mean, let's face it, in a disaster like this, it can take a long time when your insurance is sorted out that recovery gets applied to your loan. Further SBA will allow you to apply for twenty percent additional of the amount of your physical damages to mitigate future losses, which is very, very important, especially in a disaster like this where it's probably going to require fire, retard and rebuilding things of that nature. So again, for businesses it's a four percent interest rate as low as four percent, and for nonprofits it's three point six two five. So I urge everybody to visit our table or go online.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you, appreciate you both for being here. Let me acknowledge Jim Featherstone, who is the director of the Emergency Operations Center, and he'll be here to answer any questions. Let me start off by saying, for those of you, we had a press conference at eight this morning and we talked about the fact that we're still not out of this emergency. We know in the next twenty four forty eight hours it is possible that there are fires that expand that we have additional problems within the city, and Jim can go into that in a little further detail in a minute. And so my message to Angelino's is that everybody needs to stay safe. Please please please listen to instructions. If you are told that you are in a warning zone, it would be advised that you actually take that opportunity to lead, get packed, get everything ready. If you wait until evacuation, then you might caught up in traffic, or you might have some other issues. And you know that a number of people who stayed behind for one reason or another have been severely burned. Some of them didn't survive. I believe that our Sheriff Luna gave some very graphic examples of people who didn't evacuate in time. Everybody wants to help the first responders. Everybody talks about the first responder. If you want to help the first responders, then please follow directions. But while we're going through what I hope is the final hours of this emergency, it's also time to begin to talk about our recovery. And so the first step of our recovery is opening this disaster Assistance center for people to begin coming in now. As a matter of fact, this center will open up shortly. You know that everything is just being set up now, but we want people to come here. This is a one stop shop. There are multiple local, state, county, and federal agencies. They're here and hopefully people will be able to get the services that they need. The other thing is is that there is the disaster recovery, but then there's also the rebuilding. And so yesterday I issued an updated emergency declaration and I also issued an executive directive that will help facilitate and fast track the building. I was here in ninety two, I was here in ninety four, and I know one of the ways that we were able to get out of that crisis was to do everything we could to help people who had experience damage or had their businesses or homes destroyed, get up and together and back on their feet by beginning the rebuilding process. I appreciated you, mister Fenton, when you talk today this morning about how there's all sorts of misinformation in terms of what FEMA has to offer, what SBA has to offer, and that is the point of this center is to be able to clarify some of that to make it easier for people to recover.
Speaker 1: So if that.
Speaker 2: Why don't I take some questions to that point.
Speaker 3: About this information. What exactly are people entitled to from FEMA and what are they not entitled?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the application process starts with individuals able to evacuated our homes were damage be able to get Serious Needs Assistance, which is a one time grant of up to seven hundred and seventy dollars that covers basic needs while you're evacuating, things like gas, water, food, maybe if you're a family, consumables those kind of things.
Speaker 3: As you go through the application process.
Speaker 4: Then if you're insured, you should go to your insurance company, which could help you with most insurance policies will not help you with home but alternate live and expense. If you're uninsured, you should come to keep on going into FEMA. FAMA could give you the two grants that I talked about. One is called Other Needs Assistance, which is a grand up to forty three thousand, six hundred dollars. It helps with personal property costs, medical and dental transportation, funeral costs, and miscellaneous costs.
Speaker 3: The second grant is called.
Speaker 4: Housing Assistance, and for the homeowners it would help with repair, replacement, and logic expensive reimbursement up to forty three thy six hundred in addition to those two grants, if you continue to be displaced longer and your house is destroyed, or whether it's a homeowner or a renter, you can get rental insurance rental assistance from US where we will provide rental assistance for you based on the family composition insiures of your house for up to eighteen months. And if we get to a situation where rentals are not available, we all also have other forms and other program and for we either bring in housing, are we leased with apartments and create housing.
Speaker 1: That way, you're hearing the voice of a federal official from FEMA who is speaking about some of the benefits that are there and will be provided to those who've lost homes or even temporary residences might be required in some instances, and so all of this will be discussed I think through the hours and through the days that follow and so FEMA assistance. The mayor's assistant, she was talking about the fact that they'll fast track the rebuild in Los Angeles, and that's something that's being spoken of in LA and surrounding regions, meaning that most it would seem most areas dramatically affected with the devastation of these fires will see a waving of a lot of the normal building restrictions that would allow for permitting and for fast tracking a rebuild. Now a host of other issues related to that that I'd love the table. We'll talk about them tomorrow, and we'll talk about them in the days to come. You know what kind of fire resistant materials might be included in a rebuild or might be required. But again, it looks as though the general disposition of government is, Hey, don't worry about that stuff. We want to get things back on track. And that was a little of what you were hearing from the mayor and from the FEMA official in Washington. There is a major confirmation hearing going on and ABC News investigative reporter Olivia Rubin is joining us now and we want to get a bit of an update on what is a controversial nomination in Pete Hegseth and where that stands through a morning of hearings. And Hi there, Olivia, Hi.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me. Yeah, I think Pete Hegseth is definitely up there as one of the most controversial nominees, potentially facing one of the biggest uphill battles. He had a bit of a grilling this morning from Democrat from the Senate Armed Service Committee for his nomination. A pretty warm welcome from Republicans on the committee, of course, but he sat for about four hours with opening statements, questioning from every member on that panel. Really a marathon hearing. It's done now, and you see, we're seeing some Republicans who are quite happy with the way that it went. One of the top senators, one of the top Republican senators, John Sun, saying he did a great job according to reports that he's seeing, but really tough questions for headset from senators about his comments on women in the military. Remember, he suggested that women shouldn't serve in combat roles, though he now says that they should and it was just a matter of standards. Questions about sexual assault allegations, which he denies. He said it was a consensual situation and that he was not charged. Questions about drinking alcohol abuse while on the job, again something he denies. He calls that onymous smears. So he has committed to senators that he would not drink is taking a job. So again, this is one of the nominees that has had, you know, some of the biggest issues allegations about him, all of which he has denied.
Speaker 1: Coming to head with that today, well, it's interesting because none of what you just said addresses one of the most in none of what you just said they said address is one of the most controversial aspects of Hexith, which is he's going to be running the Department of Defense. It's close to three million people who will be under his employee if you want to think of it, or certainly his control worldwide. And this guy Hexith is Look, he's this gorgeous guy who does the weekend I guess hosting on Fox News Channel. He's well spoken, he's clearly a Trump loyalist, and he appears to you know, he's kind of the poster boy I suppose for some kind of military service if you're only looking at the poster. But his actual experience running anything is pretty thin. As anyone addressed his sort of qualifications in that area.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. That was again a major theme of the hearing today, Senator Timmy Duckworth, again a Democrat, flatly telling them that he is not qualified. It was also Richard Blumenthal who brought up the financial reports of the two small veterans organizations that he ran some of those years. According to the finances, Hexath ended up spending more than he raised, so again putting the organization into a deficit. And again, those are organizations that are significantly, significantly, significantly smaller than what I said has ever been excusing them. In the Department of Defense, if you, of course, mentioned has an over eight hundred billion dollar budget, three members and the three million members in the military. I think what's also notable is that in Hexas's opening statement, he addressed this fact himself, the fact that he lacks that sort of experience that one might expect, but he framed it as a He said that it was quote time for a change agent. That's how he's framing it, and that is a positive thing. He said, it's time for someone with no vested interest in certain companies or specific programs or approved narrative, that he's someone who's going to shake it up.
Speaker 1: It's time for someone who has never scrubbed down before to do this heart transplant. I am I'm really questioning this particular picke. It's just such an interesting one and I'm sorry if I express a little bit of a huge question mark I see over him. But really that's where it is. I understand that a lot's being made of the drinking and sexual dalliances, et cetera. But wow, you know, this is a really complicated time in America, and I'm sure that this has been visited as well. You need sort of a real sensitive hand when it comes to being the boss of the Defense Department.
Speaker 6: And you know, again going back to Senator Tammy Duckworth, because she really was quite fiery, she said, very plainly, you are not qualified, mister haig Seth, you are not qualified. And you know, again it was something that wrung repeatedly during that hearing, and she ultimately said to him that the men and women who wear the uniform cannot be led by someone who is not competent.
Speaker 7: To do the job.
Speaker 6: So really, I see your point in some of the senators clearly saw it as well bringing that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, what happens happens. But it really comes down to vote. So Olivia, let me just ask you, Olivia Ribbon from ABC, where does that stand? I mean, there are the Republican votes to get him passed, to get him, meaning to pass the confirmation hearings and confirmed or what is your sense of things.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a good question, and I don't, you know, pretend to be able to predict predict the future, but I think it's going to be a real question after this hearing to see where some of the more moderate Republican votes fall. I think, you know, it seems pretty likely that he's not going to get any Democrats, so then you have to then go to the Republican side, and he really only has a few votes to lose. Someone that a lot of people are watching is, of course, Senator Joni Arns. She was one of the senators who questioned him today during that hearing. Of course, she is a veteran herself. She's the survivor of sexual assaults. Those are two things that are important to remember. She seemed, you know, to be more supportive of him than she had in the past. You know, she didn't declare her support or anything, but he had agreed to a couple of her conditions, including appointing someone in the department to investigate and oversee sexual assault allegations. So that seems to be significant. And you know, so far since the hearing, Republicans do seem please take Senator John Soon, He's a top Republican. He said that. You know, all the reports he heard was that he was doing great. But again it goes back to some of the more middle Republicans. Like I said, Joni ERNs, think about Senator Susan Collins. What is she going to say for this hearing? Was there anything that came out that concerned her? So it's going to be something to watch in the next few days. Again with that margin just so so slim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Olivia Rubin from ABC, thank you so much. Nice window on what happened today with the Hegsith confirmation hearing. You know, we'll speak again. Look, this is a to be continued. And you know, Thune is obviously someone who's carried the water for Hexith already, so the fact that he comes down to it, I thought it went great. He's always going to say that. But it would be an extraordinary thing if somebody with no real organizational experience aside from the veteran's charity that he essentially bankrupted. They got rid of him from the charity and from his position of director based on how poorly he ran it. It would be extraordinary if he were to lead the men and women of the military worldwide and the Pentagon and be in control of the biggest budget in Washington. Extraordinary, but it might happen. Royle Oaks joins US and Royal. Wow, there's a lot going on. I want to start with Southern California, if you would please, because I saw that there are already four lawsuits that have emerged out of the Eton fire. That's the one that involves Southern California.
Speaker 7: D Yeah, exactly right, Mark a bunch of lawsuits, several, as you say, filed in connection with the Eaton fire. So basically those suits say that Southern California Edison had a duty to maintain its equipment and not cause of fire. They say that faulty equipment is owned by the utility sparked the Eaton fire. And it's interesting because the law is really against the utilities. The law says, believe it or not, if the utility gets sued, even if they can demonstrate, first of all, they were not negligent. They did everything right in terms of maintaining good equipment. And number two, that they followed regulations, whatever the government told them to do, they did. Even if those two things are true, you still can recover a million against the utility. The idea is they set a semi public and you know, they can always get the money back by hiking the rates for all rate payers later on to kind of spread the pain around. So, yeah, those are on the books as well as policeds as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've seen evidence of doing of them doing just that throughout California North you know, PG and E spread it around. I mean, you know, the rate hikes are legend, but it's interesting to me what you're pointing out is an extraordinary thing. So you go to court, you prove that you're not negligent as a utility, that everything was at code, which is established by government code and standard, and you're saying at the end of all of that, there can still be a judgment against you.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. It's kind of like this doctrine of ultra hazardous activities. If you're maintaining something that's you know, what they call an attractive nuisance where kids would be attracted to come in and endanger themselves, or if it's just a giant machine that's super dangerous even if you did everything right. The law says, we really care about paying people who need help, who have accidents who suffered personal injuries. Now they do have some answers. The utilities sometimes say in court, he hate your honner. Nice theory. Guess what we can prove that whenever we go back to the Public Utilities Commission and ask for rate hikes because of Paradise fire or whatever, they say no, or they give us inadequate rate hikes. And they also say it's just unfair. For example, I mean, PG and E filed for bankruptcy after wildfire liabilities. But you know that's just kind of moaning and growing by the big rich utilities. The bottom line is that the law favors getting money to people, even if the people can't specifically prove that the utility was negligent or didn't follow regulation.
Speaker 1: That is truly extraordinary. And I didn't know that Royal Oaks, And you know when you say that, it seems to me that this will hatch. I don't know how many lawsuits, I mean even class action.
Speaker 7: Oh, absolutely, you can count on that. Now. You mentioned eaton also powers, so there's a lawsuit. But here it's a little different. And I know you've reported on this. There's this reservoir. The founding has a reservoir one hundred and seventeen million gallons of water. It was empty. It's been empty for a year because the utility Department of Water Power, they've been trying to fix there was some problems with the facility and they took the cover off. They wanted to fix the cover, and so their explanation is, you know, we were just doing routine maintenance. The answer the answer to that is yeah, you know, we've got a hugely dangerous fire season, between climate change and the winds and all the other fires that have been traumatizing people. You should have known that. You shouldn't be running around with a freaking empty reservoir, which resulted, you know, you go to the fire hydrant and there's nothing there. So that lawsuit is different, but it's sort of after the fact. It isn't you know, you caused it. You should have been able to solve the problem and put the fire out, and the water wasn't there because of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really that's fascinating. So I only have another minute, which is why I've got to move on. But I find this truly intriguing. We'll talk about it again. Give us a second on Jacksmith's final report, the analysis that you can provide on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you've heard of speaking from the grave. Well, he resigned last year. He's not exactly dead, but he's speaking from the grave. Because this report says, Okay, we had to drop the Washington DC January sixth deal about Trump knowingly advancing false claims of election fraud and pressuring the government officials and acting unlawfully and disenfranchising quoters. We had to because the Department of Justice thinks you just can't go after a sitting president. He's soon going to be a sitting president. But I still want to tell you why we would have won if we'd had a little more time to go to trial. So that's essentially what Smith's report says, gives all the reasons why he thinks he would havenvinced a jury to find Donald Trump guilty of about bunch.
Speaker 1: Were those reasons convincing to you, Royal?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it depends on how you look at it. For example, when he's said, you know, go fight, fight, fight, and then in the next breath he says, you know, march peaceably. You know, did he really inside a riot?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: Did he absolutely know for sure there was no legal basis for pushing his theories. And therefore when he said to Mike Pants, you know, be a patriot, not something else. I want you to send the count back to the States. Was he just lying or did he actually have a sincere belief that he had been cheated. It's hard to climb into the guy's head. But the fact is, you know, he lost sixty straight lawsuits, so it's difficult to defend his position. Did he had a legal bob he had?
Speaker 1: Wasn't there the fake elector thing? Was that part of it as well, wasn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Exactly, he had people signed saying I swear at the penalty brigery, I am the legitimate elector from X state because I believe Donald Trump's arguments, and in fact they weren't the electors and he had lost in court. So those folks are suffering criminal liability in states all over the country. Donald Trump hasn't been dragged into any of those suits. Basically, it's just the Washington d c. Lawsuit that now you know, he's is in the Gonzo because Jack Smith is retired, but he's playing. I could have won if we've gone in front of a journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Royal Oaks from ABC I always love talking to you. Thank you, my friend. Yeah, good steps, mar Yeah, Royal Oaks from ABC News. That's a bit of the legal side on the fires and what's going on in Washington with the Jack Smith's report. One of the things that is talked about through the many days we had that massive event, I mean virtually unprecedented event.
Speaker 3: To produce the fires.
Speaker 1: With the wind velocities of eighty to one hundred miles an hour, you just drive these flames. It didn't matter how much water you had. I heard Handle talking about it this morning. I mean, there's a lot being made of sort of empty reservoir, the hydrants, et cetera. Look really, maybe difference around the edges. I don't know, but it would appear that based on every credible source I've read and people I've spoken to with decades in this world, that it wouldn't have mattered at the time of wins with those velocity. Now we're dealing with a different event today, which is a picking up of these winds in the afternoon and evening hours. Red flag. A lot of the same conditions right persist, that is to say, tender, dry conditions and a different area that looks to be the center of attention. And in that space is Michael Monks today. Where are you, Michael hie.
Speaker 8: Hey Mark?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 8: I'm in Porter Ranch. I'm at the Porter Ranch Town Center. And I got to say, it looks like business as usual for a lot of folks in this area. There are a lot of shops here, Walmart, Ralphs of Burlington, types of big box stores you see all over the area, and people are cautiously moving about doing what they would do. I was earlier walking around and visiting and talking to folks in Thousand Oaks, and it was pretty much the same situation. I visited a few grocery stores and they were all very busy. Ralph's there, whole foods of Vonds, and it didn't look like panic buying, so to speak. It could just look like a Tuesday afternoon and folks going about their business. And I think it's because what I've gathered from folks is they've been through these situations, maybe not necessarily a wind event back to back like we're experiencing now, but they certainly know the dangers of wildfires, and they certainly know how to prepare for them. So it's one eye on the forecast and one eye on their regular Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. So people aren't in the least bit poised to evacuate or necessarily nervous or anxious in any way that you can pick up on anyway.
Speaker 8: I think that people are ready, or at least ready to be ready if they need to be. I talked to the spokeswoman over at the City one thousand Oaks a little while ago, and she mentioned anxiety. That people certainly develop a sense of anxiety based on their own experience as recently as twenty eighteen and the Woolsey Fire when a lot of them had to evacuate from Thousand Oaks in the surrounding area because of that devastating fire. Folks here know what it means to get a warning. It's in their blood now. But today it's again. They're watching the situation, monitoring the situation, are hopefully prepared to go should that call arise. We hope it doesn't, but if it does, they should be ready. I will contrast this with my visit to Brentwood just yesterday, and Brentwood there was very clear anxiety. You could feel the anxiety in the air, and that is probably due to the proximity to the recent damage that took place, the carnage that took place all across the Palisades, and because Brentwood is right next to that evacuation warning zone line and the shops there were relatively empty, very few people walking around, so there was a lot of concern.
Speaker 3: But here the.
Speaker 8: Fire is a little farther away, it's not far from their thoughts. Everybody in the region feels what has happened in the Palisades and an Altadena in Pasadena, but because the flames weren't necessarily knocking at the door here, it's a different sense. I mean, there's a big line here at the in and out burger. Folks are having a nice it's a beautiful day.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing.
Speaker 8: And I talked about this with the spokeswoman from the city one thousand Oaks. Does this beautiful day give any false possible that that has happened, but we're hopeful that it doesn't. The wind has picked up. I can't deny that fact. I've been driving around since about seven thirty this morning. It was calm this morning, wasn't seeing a whole lot of wind at all. But now the Palm trees are certainly bowing their heads. I'm sure you can hear the wind in the background here. It's picked up considerably. And so now we're into that zone where we wait to see what happens over the next twenty four or thirty hours or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because this is, at least from a timing standpoint, right on time. That is to say, wind velocities are supposed to pick up this afternoon and even more intense later tonight. So from that standpoint, everything seems right on track. We have seen some revised forecasts and spoke to him meteorologist from the National Weather Service, who was saying that they are revising their forecast down a bit, so while they are expecting a wind event, they are expecting it to be slightly better than it was to have been. Have you heard same.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's comforting news to know, because I mean, we got the forecast last week. It was right on target and unfortunately delivered the absolute worst outcome that any of us could have imagined, erasing parts of Los Angeles completely. And for you know, just yesterday in your seat, filling in for Gary and Shannon, we had Nil Savidra and Marlteaz and they talked to a meteorologist who said that if he were to compare the devastation possible from the forecast the week before to the forecast this week, on a scale of one to ten, he rated it as a nine, which was rather chilling to think that we were going to be in the same ballpark. So to hear that it has been possibly pulled back a little bit is great news. Is now the worst thing that could happen is an exacerbation of the existing fires or even worse, new devastating fires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, indeed, Michael Monks, thanks great to talk to you and at least a sort of a firsthand view as to what's happening now in an area that we're watching for this wind event. Appreciate your You've got a marketing keeping on, you know, just in terms of, you know, comparing these things. We'd thought that today, meaning this afternoon and tonight would be roughly this is based on wind velocity forecast, and I was looking at all the wind profiles about twenty five percent, i'd say, less than the event last week. And then we spoke to the National Weather Service mediorologists today and he was saying and I'd revise it down, he said, even another twenty percent. So I mean again, these are rough percentages, and I think we have to really be in a state of preparedness. We've seen what happens, and it can happen in an instant, but certainly the news at this hour anyway, and these forecasts do change hour to hour. Variables can all of a sudden emerge that hadn't been in the forecast before. But at this hour it looks as though we may catch a little bit of a break and this may not be quite as bad as was anticipated. Co Belt is next, the great John Coleblt. I love just passing him in the hallway, just getting a whiff of that John Coleblt, just a whiff of that success, a whiff of that kind of that rage that boils inside him. He just can't wait to unleash it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to start screaming about some politician. He's going to pursue the righteous right. As we continue here on KFI tomorrow, Marla does join me. It should be fun.
Speaker 8: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.