Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to my Family Think Some Crazy podcast. And with me today is a returning guest, a friend of mine, someone who I think the audience should already be aware of. He's doing some amazing work and he's coming back to the show to talk about a brand new project, a new film that is out now is titled A Clockwork Shining. Rider Lee is back on the show. Rider. It's a pleasure to have you here again. I'm really stoked to see. You've been working with Jay Weidner, legend in the conspiracy theory field, so.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 1: A lot of cool stuff going on, and this is your latest project. So before we get into the exact details of the film, what precipitated A Clockwork Shining? Like, where were you when you thought, Okay, this is what I need to work on next, Because I've kind of I think I've been interviewing you at each step of the way. I remember we talked about UFOs. At one point, we talked about mk Ultra. I can't remember the last thing we talked about. Excuse me, but now we're talking about Kubrick and some other maybe stranger things. And no pun intended that Kubrick was trying to show us through several of his movies and two in particular, that folks can probably guess which ones they are based on the tip I love your film, but or your documentary. But yeah, what precipitated the Clockwork Shining? Because I think this is a really interesting trajectory you've been on.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Mark, first off for having me on again. I really appreciate it. And you have been there every step of the way through my entire evolution of new things. You've had me on, So I really appreciate that, my friend. It's an honor and a privilege to be back on your show again. So and I think you had me on for jfk X.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what it was. Yes, that was the last time you're on, I believe, unless there's something in between then and now. JFKX is the one I was misremembering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was the first documentary that me and Jay Warden put together. And originally how the soul really came up about was this was the first movie that I actually wanted to do. I wanted to do this movie A Clockwork Shining first, but we decided to go with AFKX first, and because this one was going to require a lot more production value and quality in it, so we did jfk X first. And you can also find that on Amazon Prime. It's on free v on Amazon Prime. Actually, if you just type in the Clockwork Shining and click a Clockwork Shining on Amazon Prime, it'll be the next video in under related videos. So I wanted to do this film originally, and I'd had Jay Widener on because he had done two documentaries before. Well he's done several films before a lot of other films. He's a you know, a he's a film production like that's what he'd done for his whole career. And I'd watched his two movies, A Cubric's Odyssey one and A kubricks Odyssey two to bring him on my show to you know, have a good in depth conversation with him, because I like, you know, watching people's movies or reading their books or whatever it is before I bring them on so that I can ask really good questions. And I had him. I had him on. So I watched The Shining several times over and over again, and as I'm watching it, because Kubrick is such a genius, with this filmmaking. Everyone knows that everyone knows who Stanley kuber Case, everyone knows what The Shining is is one of the greatest horror films that's of all time, you know. And as I was watching it, I was like, what more can I really find in this movie that hasn't been seen before? Because this movie has been deconstructed in like such a way that it's there's so many different theories about The Shining and about Stanley Kubrick just in general, sort of exactly like the jfk assassination, which was the one that we tackled previously. So this was a really big task. And I'm sitting there and I'm watching it, and then I watched some videos on some other people's analysis of it, and I, you know, watched our Room two thirty seven as well. Was j wier is also in Room two thirty seven, which we also reference in this new film, a clockwork chiny and I'd seen in the background because whenever Dan you sees the Twins for the very first time, there's a poster on the wall on the back left hand side. This has monarch at the bottom of the poster. And I wasn't the first person to see that, I admit not the first person to see it, but nobody got what that poster actually meant correctly. And when I brought Jay on my show, I was like, hey, like, I know people have seen this several times before. There's a poster in the background that has Monarch at the very bottom of it looks like like a person on skis, and some people call it a minotaur and they kind of relate the It's one of two things with people that see that poster and try and interpret its meaning. One of those is that it's a minotaur. Another one is that it's a cubric like the Cubrick Stare, you know, like in a lot of his movies, like Full Metal Jacket, a Clockwork Orange and the Shining, that Cubic stare that famous thing like like that, you know what I mean, like the Jack Nicholson does during the Shining and Alex's character does during a Clockwork Orange. And also that it could be referring to Monarch Mountain in Colorado as well. But I'd never heard of anybody relate the poster to Monarch MK Ultra Mind Control. So I'm explaining this all to Jay around two years ago now, on our show, and I'm like, hey, there's a poster back there says Monarch. It's you know, no one has ever come up with the ever talked about the theory that about monarch mind control. They bring other things into it, like I just mentioned, but they've never mentioned. And then I started dissecting the movie and all the things throughout the movie, and I was like, Jay, we need to make a documentary about this. I think that I'm the first person to really understand exactly what's going on within this movie. And he was like, yeah, we should. We definitely should. And then we ended up with JFKX as our first film, which I'm very happy that we did it that way because I got to cut my teeth on a documentary. And then I did this one, which this one is almost two hours long. It's a a cl accident around an hour and fifty minutes. So that's basically the origin, right.
Speaker 1: And to be clear, the film that you're talking about is The Shining because the Clockwork Orange film, there's really it's not like subtle in any way that mind control is going on, like that's a key plot in the film, but connecting the symbolism from there to the Shining, I think is a big step. And yeah, I mean potentially you're the first person to see that, you're definitely the first person to make a film about it. But that's the thing with Kubrick that I wonder, is is it that he saw this and has left these clues behind for people. I mean, it seems to be that way, because you know, it couldn't be that he was just some like lucky fool who just happened to, you know, spell all this out by accident. But then I also wonder, like, could it be that he was using symbols that are so general that you can apply multiple layers of meaning to them. That almost feels like, you know, I'm just trying to debunk it at that point, which I'm not, because the Shining, I think Room two thirty seven, they go into the theory that they're somehow suggestions about the moon landing with the Shining, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's Jay Widener's original proposal with his first two films on the topic. He proposes that the Shining is Kubrick's confession to faking the moon landing, which he provides well invcating the evidence of that and what I've been telling people, which I think is very plausible because two thousand and one A Space Odyssey was being shot during the time of the moon landing, during the time that we went to the moon, right, and it's highly possible that Stanley Kubrick would have been like, Hey, let's shoot some scenes, you know, and the actors wouldn't know that this was going to the footage was going to be used for something else. And that really gets down to because a lot of people are like, well, how could they have faked the moon landing without a lot of people knowing about it. Well, that's how they would have done it. They would have done it a part of a movie shoot, and two thousand and one of Space Odyssey was using special effects that had never been seen before. It's one of the first times in film history that front screen projection was ever used. And it's possible that Kubrick was like, Hey, let's do we'll shoot some extra scenes for two thousand and one A Space Odyssey. All the actors, all the production, all the people will think that it's for two thousand and one A Space Odyssey, but we won't put it in the film, and then that'll be the moon landing footage, not saying that that's fact, right. I just think that it's really interesting and it's definitely plausible. But as far as the mind control stuff, Kubrick had to have been aware of the CIA's MK Ultra programs, just based upon the fact that he made a clockwork orange, right. I mean, the entire film is basically about mind control and drugging Alex the main character, and having him watch these movies to influence his behavior.
Speaker 1: Well, so in a way, if The Shining has both layers in it, I don't see how that's necessarily impossible. Like, you know, Kubrick could have been talking about the moon landing and m Kaltre, which is why I find this premise really fascinating. I'm glad to get into it with you, but I just wanted to say off the bat for people who might be like, oh, they've done this already, go watch Room two thirty seven. Well, first of all, Jay Widner is a part of this film, so cut it out. And second of all, Kubrick, I mean again, I'm just applying my own mind to him. And we've talked about him a ton on this show, not just with with like this particular topic, but from other angles, like we had a guy on who hates Kubrick. We had a guy on who talked about Kubrick and his you know, espionage kind of maybe connections, right so, or at least like propaganda and that sort of thing. But I just I find it kind of interesting because we often think about mk ultra like Manchurian candidates. But in a way, the moon landing was like a mass mcaultra event because you have so many people who are being hypnotized into thinking this is a real event taking place when actually it's fabricated to some degree. Whether that means that, you know, the rockets only went so far, or either the rockets didn't even fly at all, or whatever. Right, I don't know the details. That's not what we're here to argue about. But I think most people can agree at this point the moon landing has some issues with its legitimacy. It's a little bit less than plausible at this point. And I think Kubrick, being that he was so close to the military and these groups who provided some sort of camera equipment to him at some point, like that's the big thing that the debunkers go for, as they say, oh, well he only got these lenses from the NASA people afterwards, but we don't need to get into that. I think what's most important about Kubrick is like what propelled him to expose this stuff, because he seemed kind of like a film genius, Like he suffered and he bled for the films that he loved, right, like he really in everybody around him had to work at that same pace of suffering too, because like he was a hard director to work for, is what most people have said. But yeah, I guess wrapping your head around like such a genius, like what do you make of Stanley Kubrick? Do you think that it really is like this sort of sneaky way of subtly putting these truths out into the culture.
Speaker 3: I think so too, And I think it's a testament to the fact that this is just now coming out and nobody has talked about this before, and what brings a whole other layer to it. And I think Qubriic was trying to subliminally put things in his film like little hints and little clues here and there as to what's going on. And you're right, the fact that this is something new in this documentary doesn't also discount the moon landing theory. If anything, I think it goes hand in hand because what we propose within the movie is that it's not only an experiment within Stanley Kubrick making this movie, because Stanley Kubrick is rewriting the entire movie as the movie is being filmed, no one does that. It's an experiment within the movie. It's also an experiment on the actors that are in the movie and the way that he treated Charlie Duvall and bas liberated her, yelled at her and told the casts and the crew not to empathize with her, not to you know, check up on her, not to you know, tend to her what she wants or what she needs. But it's also an experiment within it on the audience as well, So it's like a triple threat and that goes hand in hand with the moon landing footage as well. Actually, I have a trailer here which will really describes exactly what the film is about. If you would like to see it. Is that Okay, yeah, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 4: Loucinogenic drugs, hypnosis, electric shocks to the brain some of the methods used in secret CIA mind control experiments.
Speaker 3: There are many theories as to what the shining is really about, from the faking of the moon landing to Native American genocide and the Holocaust.
Speaker 2: Now, if he did fake the Apollogon landing, he probably has really deep connections into the intelligence world. Why are there these gigantic continuity ats in this movie?
Speaker 5: The occulted meeting has to be comprehensible. It's just hidden, usually in a very systematic way, so that it could be understood by someone coming along later on. Who knows what the real meaning is supposed to be.
Speaker 3: We believe that there's something even more sinister lurking beneath the surface of this masterful film.
Speaker 2: So Lookout Mountain Hotel look a lot like the Overlook Hotel.
Speaker 6: You realize there's no such thing as a coincidences like that.
Speaker 3: As Lookout Mountain studios ran by the Air Force and told the story of nuclear weapons testing by the United States of.
Speaker 4: The Army Navan Air Force. The Air Force was known to be the most excited, the most turned on by mk ultran its prospects.
Speaker 6: Reportedly that we more films might Lookout Mounting at all the other film studios in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: We really don't know what these famous film directors were being recruited for what project or whatever was it? The Moon Landing.
Speaker 3: The CIA's MK Ultra programs were admitted to the public in nineteen seventy, five, years before the release of The Shining.
Speaker 7: These experiments were done without the informed consent of the patients.
Speaker 4: Look at some UFO cases and the things that are reporting tells me that.
Speaker 1: MK Ultra is likely being applied.
Speaker 7: My MK ultra mind control experience, I was taken to various military, NASA, and DARPA installations for sophisticated mind control programming.
Speaker 6: Woke Disney, Marilyn Monroe, James Stewart, Carrie Groan, Ronald Reagan. Nobody really knows what they were doing up.
Speaker 4: There, as well as high ranking military and Department of Defense personnel.
Speaker 2: But people don't realize is that many of the people that worked with Kubrick also worked with Kennedy. This is actually the smoking gun proving that Kubrick was working with the government.
Speaker 6: These were all CIA sponsored experiments.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just gonna bash your brains.
Speaker 6: I'm putting little symbolic cryptic clues and Easter eggs pertaining to the fact that they're still doing it.
Speaker 3: These clues include a hidden swastika in the background of his old room.
Speaker 7: What was the set up? What it was being told? And realized that it was a lie all along?
Speaker 6: But right there in the narrative in the dialogue, they're telling you that this was a very real program coming out of those nice folks in the CIO.
Speaker 3: Here's Johnny.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: So that was the trailer for Clockwork Shining on Amazon Prime, and that gives you a really good rundown of exactly what the movie is about. And that's the reason that I put it together that way, and it touches on a lot of different topics. This just isn't a movie about Stanley Kubrick in the Shining or A Clockwork Orange. This is a movie about the music industry, the film industry, MK, ultra, military and government programs.
Speaker 1: Right now, what about Qubrick's background would lead us or would like show where he learned a lot of this stuff?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Because A Clockwork Orange when that was released, it was based on a book. And I believe the author of that book's name is Anthony Burgess or something like that. And this gentleman was writing the book because he had some sort of political gain. I think he was an English author and they were trying to expose the American programs because there was maybe some sort of adversarial relationship between MI sixter and the CIA for whatever reason. That sounds about right. That's the best of my knowledge. So Kubrick must have been reading this kind of stuff. But were there any like I don't know, places that he was enrolled in school, et cetera, military, etc. That where he would have gotten any insider information about any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, I really don't know if you actually need to have insider information to know about it. Like I know a lot about the MK Ultra programs and no insider has ever told me anything about it. But as far as a military background that we do provide some information in there that Kubrick was being sought after for an unknown project, him and four other film directors, and he was looked at as the most promising of these other fore film directors. So there is evidence that Qubrick had involvement with the military, in with the government. And we also know during the filming of two thousand and one A Space Odyssey, there were in the in the credit it's the original credits for that movie. Quebreak credits all of the big military agency. He credits the Air Force, air Force Intelligence, basically all of the major intelligence communities for contributing to the making of that film, and later on they were removed. So it stands to good reason that he did indeed have some connections to the military and with Doctor Strangelove as well. We have a clip of Cubrick's production designer talking about Doctor Strangelove and how Cubreic and his production designer basically recreated the inside of a B fifty two and the military was really frightened by that because they thought that someone had leaked Cubic the information on the B fifty two and what the inside of the cockpit actually looks like. And they actually visited Cubriic on the set of that movie, and we have Cubric's production designer talking about that and how Kubrick told him, you need to get together where you got all this information to build the inside of this B fifty two, or we're going to be investigated by the FBI.
Speaker 1: And did the production designer have a legitimate reason for knowing that? Was it just kis Mitt and he had happened to just have like some sort of remote viewing ability to just guess it.
Speaker 3: He could have, I think everybody's psychic. But the explanation was is that he it took the cutouts from a bunch of different magazines and they then he would look at models of it, like tiny miniature models, and then he put kind of piece together what he thought that the inside of the B fifty two would look like, and he got it spot on basically. So much of that a scale the military to the point they were like, well, we might need to investigate Stanley Kubrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might need to set our propaganda cameras up a little farther away from the planes. Because that's the other thing about the film industry is like it's completely military from the beginning, because the whole idea was they wanted to show the public who the boss was and get everybody enrolled in the draft and make everyone excited about fighting whatever war was on the horizon. Right, it's a total propaganda piece from the get go. We now we think of it for like what do you call it? The vaudeville type stars and whatnot that made their way into Hollywood, but a lot of those people were gangsters and criminals and underground types to begin with, right, So it's like unsurprising that you'd have these themes within the film industry and then also this close connection to UH to directors like Kubrick, but he just seems kind of even with his prowess as a director, he seems kind of like a like an outsider. And I mean it's hard to hard to even call him an outsider when Hollywood regards him as like the best director of all time, Like his films have more awards than I think any other director or something like that, Like he's been given a ton of awards praise.
Speaker 3: But not until after his death. I think he only won one Academy Award and it was not for directing.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, he's that issue.
Speaker 3: I really like about Cubrick is not even it's not even so much the way that his films are shot, which his films are shot are really beautifully, but Kubrick does things in a way to not give away the entire movie before the movie ends. And that's a really big problem with movies nowadays, is they give every a way within the exposition of the movie, within the dialogue of the characters, they tell you about the entire movie, so there's literally no mystery to the movie, which is a really interesting thing that happens within the Shining because the first ten minutes of The Shining between Almend, which Almend looks a lot like JFK and a lot of people have pointed that out before, between Almond and Jack and Bill, there's Almend pretty much tells Jack exactly what's going to happen in the rest of the movie. He's like, Jack, this isn't this isn't a physical This isn't a physically demanding job, Jack, this is a This is more of a psychological job. Because you're isolated up here with nobody around you. It snows really heavily during the winter. You can if you try and get out, you gotta take the sidewinder down the mountain. You know. He's telling him that it's a psychological job, it's not a physical job that he's getting in for. And then he proceeds to tell him about Grady, which suffered a mental breakdown and killed his two little girls and his wife. So he pretty much lays out the entire movie in that first ten minutes of the movie, but he doesn't come out and like, you know, just straight up say it, like this is what's going to happen. He's just like, you know, Jack, this isn't really a you know, a physically demanding job. This is a psychological job. It's a mental job. It's a mental game up here, and you have to be mentally strong to make it through, to make it through the winner up here. So that's a really interesting concept that I don't think a lot of people have really paid attention to because they think that that part of the movie is the most boring part of the movie, which the first time that I watched it, I have thought that it was too because it's just ten minutes of Ohman talking to Jack about you know, the overlook, and then it cuts back between Wendy and Danny a few times, but nothing really happens, and really nothing happens in the entire movie until up to the end of the movie things actually start really happening. And that's what makes me question, well, is this really a horror film? Because there's some dramatic imagery. But I think that if this film was released today, I don't think that it would be a be classified as a horror film. It would be more like a psychological thriller, is what that it would be categorized as. And another thing that's really interesting too that we bring up in the movie is you know how Jack is, you know, supposedly writing the book. It's the most famous scene in the movie whenever Wendy comes in and sees that Jack hasn't been writing a book. He's just been writing the same sentence over and over again. All work and no play. Makes Jack a dull boy. Well, another version of that was Sir Hans Sirhan, which assassinated RFK, won't supposedly assassinated RFK, right that same version of what was going on there, Sir Hans Sirhan was also doing. If you look at Sir Hans Sirhan's notebook, it says RFK must die, RFK must die, RFK must die, over and over and over again. There's like a whole entire page of nothing but Sir Hansuran saying RFK must die. And that's a typical MK ultra technique that's called psychic driving, where they program you with a word and program you with a phrase, and then it's just a coincidence. Whenever Wendy comes in and finds Jack is just writing the same thing. She's went through all the notebook papers and seeing that it's the same thing written out over and over and over again, and then Jack becomes triggered. Jack becomes triggered to do violence against his family, to try and kill Wendy and Danny. Then, also in the beginning of the film that very few people have ever pointed out. I had never heard this before until Jay had brought it up and we talked about it within the movie, is that the first time we meet Wendy and Danny in the movie, Wendy is reading a book by J. D. Salinger called Ketcher in the Rye. You just seen that in the trailer. And Ketcher in the Rye has been identified as a MK Ultramanchurian style candidate trigger. It's been involved in two major assassinations less than a year after the release of The Shining, which was John Lennon and the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan. They were both found on the scene, and so putting those together were like, holy shit, Like, very few people has pointed out the fact that Catcher in the Rye is even in the movie, And how did Qubrick know that. How did Cubrick you know, basically predict that a year before these two major assassinations where both the assailants were on the scene reading Catcher and the Rye Mark David Chapman, which you saw shot John Lennon. He uh, It's been said that he stood up in court and was like, do you want to If you want to know my defense, all you got to do is read Catcher in the Rye. We also have the Sixth Sense by Will Smith. We have a clip from The Sixth Sense in a Clockwork Shining where Will Smith is basically breaking all this down of like Catcher in the Rye. And then we have Joe Ottwell talking about it. We have Walter Boseley talking about it, and we also have Mark Devlin talking about the meaning behind Catcher in the Rye. And it's just a coincidence that Wendy is reading this book which Jack is a writer within the movie, so it's probably his book. And then it's used for MK Ultra mind control assassins. And then what is Jack doing throughout the movie?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is trying to kill his family.
Speaker 1: This is uh strange memory. I have two of reading that book. I remember being a bad like I was always a good.
Speaker 3: Nice and Venus is known as the morning Star, which is also Lucifer.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, wow, I forget where that came up recently we're talking about Lucifer and Venus and all that. But wow, So it's on Amazon Prime. Is there anything else that? I mean, we've been almost going for two hours here. That's as long as the film is, so folks, I encourage you to go and watch it right now, But there is there anything else you'd want people to know before they tune in, or anything else you'd think they should know to compel them to watch the film.
Speaker 3: Well, if they don't want to watch it by listening to this whole thing, then that's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure they all want to, but yeah, no anything.
Speaker 3: Please please support, Please support my movie. This is an independent movie. Hollywood is dead. We really have to try and switch this around and support independent filmmakers so they can continue to make really great films in the future. And with each one is just getting better and better. On my end, I'm learning new things and I want to keep this going in the future. So please please support this movie and hopefully we can get a link in the description of this video. I'll be posting it on my end as well, and a link in the description of the podcast whether you're listening to a podcast version or video version on wherever you're listening to. Please support the film and please buy it. I know that it's you know, really it seems easy just to rent it for like two ninety nine. It's only two ninety nine to rent it, but to buy it is just a few dollars. More So, please help and support by just buying it, because those few dollars really do help out and only a filmmakers and I. And again, it's not just even if you don't like Stanley Kubrick, even if you don't like The Shine, even if you've never even seen The Shining, it doesn't really matter. You're going to find something within this movie that you are going to like it. And it's not just about those topics. It's about everything that we talked about here and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there's so much more.
Speaker 3: There's so many different things that we dive into in this movie. That is from the response that I've gone and the people that has left for reviews so far on Amazon, they're mind blown. So please, if you get the chance, I highly recommend.
Speaker 1: Well and it's dangerous information, So definitely buy it because if you rent it, who knows if it'll be there when you come back to watch it again, you know, a couple of months or years down the line, you know what I mean, Like we gotta we gotta get away from this streaming model. I'm somebody who likes to have things downloaded because I've seen plenty of things that I used to go to on the internet disappear forever. And yeah, so all the more reason to buy it. Support independent artists like yourself, independent creators. You also have a podcast Raised by Giants where people can they could find that anywhere they listen to this show. But on that note of supporting filmmakers, you mentioned maybe Michael Jackson might be on the docket for a future inquiry and future documentary? Is it documentaries only that you're interested in creating? I mean, I imagine after taking a lot of time to study someone like Kubrick, you might get a little inspired to make a film of your own. Have you ever thought of doing anything in that realm, like a departure from documentaries and creating something like a movie or who knows what I mean? What are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that. Actually have a lot of really good ideas to do that. If anybody is listening to this and they watched the movie and they have the means and the once to go on that venture with me, then you know, please please contact me, because I really do want to do that. I've I've always enjoyed movies. I watched movies and TV shows like all the time in my spare time, and I grew up watching them, so I know what looks good and what doesn't look good, and how exactly I would want to film this film in the storyline and the dialogue of all of it. So I just need the budget to be able to do it. So I would love to do that. But for now, I think Michael Jackson would be a great documentary. I don't think it probably won't do that, but it would definitely be a really interesting documentary because there's so many theories about what happened to him and the star power that he had, and if he was actually be killed, if you faked us death, I don't know, could really strange videos about it. But I definitely want to continue on this route of making films, and regardless if it's more documentaries or a actual motion picture film with actors and people in it. That that is the goal to get to and I'm trying to work my way up to that. So please watch my film and purchase my film so I can eventually get to that point to where I can make a movie or a TV show.
Speaker 1: I love that, all right, and I'm glad I asked well with that, Folks, support Rider in this endeavor. Check out Clockwork Shining, and of course Raised by Giants your podcast where I'm sure you're going into other topics related and documenting the research along the way. It's a very cool thing to witness and happy to be a part of it. Brother, until next episode, Immerse yourself in the moment, wherever you are in the now.