Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season. Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and grow not what we want. If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion, he's a grosed.
Speaker 2: You talk about extreme.
Speaker 3: What is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we're about to fill it.
Speaker 4: Up torches high, you know, look at it from a different perspective, different perspective, different oct.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, what is happening and what is up? Hold out that glass because we are about to fill it up. Welcome but the prometh This Lens podcast. That's the place where the conversations are always enlightening. I am your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory of the Prometheus lens to take a second look at everything. Hey, guys, you know the routine there. If you don't know, now, you're going to find out if you' knew to the channel. Welcome to the Hero's Journey. Be sure to hit that like button, hit that subscribe button down below. We'll have our banner. With our social media all there are various outlooks. Just go check those out, man, that would be much much appreciated. Hey, guys, let's get to the meat of the matter, of the fun stuff. This is a man that I had on the show just a while back. Dived into some symbolic studies and some of the esoteric stuff of symbolism. And I'm loving, loving, loving the conversations with this brother, so I had to bring him back. So this is his return and you might not recognize him. He has shaved his head, he's shaved his face off. He is clean shaving and looking mighty mighty clean today. So I'd like to welcome to the show man Mario from Symbolic Studies. Thanks for coming back, brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, thanks for having me. I really enjoyed our convers station last time. So of course when you invited me back, I was like, oh, yeah, this will be a good time.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: And once again, just like last time, I was doing scrolling and I had to come across one of your reels on something. I'm like, now, that is something that I find very interesting because it's something I've heard about just you know, here and there, and little tidbits, but I've never actually taken a deep dive, so I was like, I have to pick this man's brain on this subject.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But before we get into that, Mario, just for anybody that missed our previous episode together a new listener, you know, something like that. Just let everybody know a little bit about yourself, you know, your content and kind of what you get into.
Speaker 4: Brother, Yeah, for sure. So if people are unfamiliar with my work or my channel, it's called Symbolic Studies. Symbolic Studies dot com is where you can find all of my links. So I'm on Instagram, at TikTok and Twitter, YouTube, things like that. I have a podcast as well. I host that with my wife. We talk about each sign during the sign itself. So we're about to release an episode here on Virgo. And basically what I like to do is I like to publish content around the signs of astrology of the zodiac, right, and so I've been doing that for a number of years now. So I have a lot of reels and posts for every single sign. I've done a lot of presentations about the signs as well. But I also like to veer off and talk about other things. And so I have presentations that I've gotten into that have nothing to do with astrology but are about you know, symbolism and whatnot. And so basically the project kind of started because I figured, if I'm going to be a good symbologist, I need to have a strong foundation with astrology, and I knew there was a lot to get into there. And so I've been buying symbolic dictionaries and reference books for years and years and years, so I have a ton of them at my disposal, and I just started researching each sign during the sign itself and sort of the associated symbols, right, and so, as an example, just because my mind is with Virgo right now, Virgo oftentimes is holding wheat, so looking into wheat symbolism. Sometimes she's holding a palm branch. What does the palm tree represent? As an example, you know, for a lot of people, that was the tree of life, right, and so she's also associated with a lot of other things. But that's kind of what I like to do. I like to take symbols or myths in a way, kind of deconstruct them, dive into the symbolism that's incorporated within those storylines or narratives. And talk about them. And basically, because I've been doing this for a number of years, I've picked up all sorts of little insights, you know, about astrology and the zodiac and the planets and everything else. And I have a different approach with astrology too, so I'm not so much a natal chart astrologer. A lot of people when they think of astrology, that's what they're thinking about, you know, when you're born. You know the transits, the different angles, you know, the houses and whatnot. That's like a secondary sort of thing for me. I'm more interested in kind of the universal quality of the symbolism and of these different sort of myths and archetypes and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny because this girl that I was talking to or courting for a little while, she was kind of, you know, curious about that kind of stuff. And when I was we're still getting to know each other, I told her my birth date and stuff. And we've been talking for you know, a month or two, so she kind of had a pretty good feel for me. But she had mentioned that that's the first time I ever heard that. She's like, I think you need to talk to your mother because I was born like January the first, like on New Year's She's like, you know, she said, I think you were born sooner, because she asked what time I was born. I was like, I think it was this time, you know, And she's like, no, you're too fiery if you've been born just a couple hours earlier. I think she said something like something to do with with aries or something like that. She said, because you're too hot headed and fiery to be born at that time or something like that. So that's the first time I'd ever heard anything like that. So it's like, you know, she was trying to forcefully push me at earlier birs so it would fit her paradigm what she thought.
Speaker 4: I was exactly exactly. I think a lot of people take that side of things a bit too seriously, and so I do have actually a lot of issues with modern astrologer and a lot of modern astrology sort of like perspectives and whatnot, and so I think people can kind of get lost in the sauce with some of that stuff, in my opinion, But I get a lot of value out of decoding the symbolism of the signs, and so, you know, to me, there's a whole world out there. There's a whole interesting aspect to astrology that has nothing to do with birthdays and whatnot, right, And so actually what I found is because I focus on that, a lot of astrologers love my channel because it's giving them a whole new level of understanding with the signs that they're so used to talking about.
Speaker 3: And that's why I love your channel, dude, because I mean, I'm not, you know, an astrologist. I don't get into the horoscopes or anything like that. But I love how you take the these symbols, you know, like Viigo and right now you know what she meant, you know in the ancient world, the symbolism behind her, like the wheat and the palm branches in her hand. What does that mean? That's what I love. I love you how you go through and tear all this stuff down.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful. Yeah, I appreciate it. And so one of the interesting things with that is the fact that a lot of these signs have a Tarot card correspondence as well. And so there's some cards that basically are an emanation of that sign. And so I know that I made a post about the Chariot card, and there's a lot of things about the Chariot Card that are very very interesting. But I talked about how the Chariot Card and the Chariot tear kind of has this really interesting esoteric relationship with this deity called a Braxis, and that was the post that kind of prompted you to message me to maybe have a conversation about that. So definitely down to dive into that for sure, because there's a lot of interesting threats to pull up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like I said, my you know, knowledge on this character is very very surface level. I think I was first introduced to this character when I spoke with Heidi Love So shout out to Heidi from the Unfiltered Dries. She was breaking down the occult in Mormonism and all the things in the history of that that they basically try to hide and suppress. And apparently Joseph Smith was heavily into a Braxis and that they found drawings and etchings and just all kinds of different stuff relating to this guy. So that was kind of my first introduction. That's all I really know. I know kind of what he looks like, he's supposed to has like a rooster head and like serpents for legs or something like that. Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, it's interesting. There's a few people kind of out and pop culture that have used a Broxis as inspiration or what have you.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: The first one that comes to mind actually is Santana. Santana has an album called a Broxis actually, and then I know Young, if I'm not mistaken, he has a ring that has a Braxis on it, and actually, maybe we could just start there. So my understanding is a lot of what we referred to as a braxis like symbolism and like illustrations. A lot of those depictions of a braxis came from a Braxist jewelry. Essentially, I believe they used to call them a Braxis stones, and so that is sort of what has survived, you know, over the ages, are these tiny little gems or these tiny stones that have this miniature depiction of a Braxis on it, and when you look into that or when you google image a Braxis, what you're going to see is a rooster headed man. Basically. Oftentimes they have a shield in one hand, a whip in another hand, and they're writing a chariot, and he has a serpentine sort of connection, so he has serpentine legs basically, and so he has two legs that are basically serpents. You can actually see the head of the snakes and everything right, and in versions of a braxis that came later on. You know, I mentioned before we started talking that there's a really well known painting in Manly P. Hall's book The Secret Teachings of All Ages. That book. When I first came across it, it really blew my mind because there was just a ton of information in there. I got a lot symbolically out of that book. And he has a big painting in there of a braxis and he's being pulled by four horses, and there's a few other details in there, like on the chariot that he's riding, there's kind of what looks like a floral, like a very simple flower, but it looks like it's embedded in the sun. There's a lot of solar symbolism associated with the braxis, and so that version there's a bit more detail, but the earlier versions there's really really limited detail. But that's basically what you're going to see is that basic image of this hybrid sort of figure. And so my understanding is that basically a lot of people tribute a Braxis with Mithris, and the story of Mythris is pretty interesting. The Mithraic mysteries. Now there is like a Persian version of Mythris, and then there's sort of a Westernized version of Mythrs. And admittedly the Western version is what I'm more familiar with. And so for people who are unaware the Mithraic mystery system, that was kind of the equivalent of Freemasonry for a really long time. And so a lot of soldiers Roman soldiers were into the Mithraic mysteries and their main emblem is basically Mythris slaying the cosmic bull. So I'm not sure if you've ever seen that before, but.
Speaker 3: Mythris grabbing the bull by the horns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. Oftentimes he's holding kind of like the neck of the bull, or even it almost looks like he's holding he's putting his fingers in the nostrils of the bull to kind of lift its head, and then he's stabbing the bull as well. That's it is called the Taroctiny scene. And so my basic understanding of that is that a lot of animals that were once revered and worshiped during their respective age when that age came and went. So, if we're talking about the Age of Taurus as an example, the age of the bowl, the bowl or the cow was revered and held sacred, and then once that age left and we entered into the Age of Ares, then that animal, in this case the bull, became a sacrificial sort of animal, and then it became sort of this thing to sacrifice, right, And so this seemingly has happened time and time again. There was this going on with the ram as well, that the ram was sort of put up on a pedestal, revered in a certain kind of light, and then at some point became sacrificial in nature once the Age of Ares came and went right. And so there's an interesting dynamic with mythrists and a braxis, and people also associated braxis with Jehovah, and so I know that that early Gnostics had this reverence for a braxis. And basically there's a whole dynamic of a braxis being related to the demiurge or the concept of the demiurge and sort of being the lord of the material realm. And so the symbolism with its name a braxis. One of the things that is worth noting is that it's seven letters, and so there's a lot of seven symbolism associated with the braxis as well. And so this is interesting because I've done a ton of research on the number seven, and the number seven is such an incredible number. It's really amazing, and it's still like the novelty has not worn off to me, like the number seven can be seen everywhere. So just the basics, right, we have seven days of the week, seven colors of the rainbow. Right, We've got seven chakras, most people say, and it just kind of goes on and on and on from there. And so what I've come across with all of my symbolic research is that a lot of cultures have this idea that, whether you're talking about alchemy or you're maybe talking about some sort of transcendental kind of methodology. I would even say, like astral travel, that the number seven has played a big role in some of these sort of techniques. And so, as an example with alchemy, there's a whole branch of alchemy called azoth alchemy, and with Azoth alchemy, you have seven steps, and so there's seven processes that you have to use in order to transmute something from like lead to gold. As an example, there's this idea that in order to get to the other side, the great beyond, you know, you know, the underworld, if you want to put it that way, that it takes seven there's seven different thresholds that you have to cross through. Or there's seven.
Speaker 3: Mythricism too, Yes, exactly do those cave initiations and there was seven stages, and I've read that some people said they thought that was the seven planetory spheres that they knew of at that time, or something like that. You've seen bigfoot hats, the ones that play it safe, hanging next to the fridge magnets and park gift shop. But the Soul Squatch their gear is built different. This is Squatch approved gear for people who believe the legend deserves more. It's rugged, meaningful, and created by two outdoor obsessed believers who wanted to honor the myth without watering it down. Their Pathfinder hat. It's not just headwear. It's a quiet signal, something that says, yeah, I believe. Check out the soul squatch dot Com step into the story and join the ones who never stopped believing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another thing. Seven traditional plan that's absolutely huge, and that relates to the seven days of the week, right, So every single day of the week has a correspondence with a different traditional planet. And so oftentimes, like with this idea of seven phases or seven thresholds, to get from this domain to the next domain, the more etheric sort of plane, if you want to put it that way, that you have to cross through these spheres, and that each threshold, each sort of step, has this relationship with one of the traditional seven planets. So the number seven is super fascinating. Also just to say, I think I have a pretty good hunch on where we literally get the shape of the number seven from, and it I believe comes from Ursa Major, which is the big Dipper, and so Ursa Major has seven stars and Ursa Minor also has seven stars. In fact, Ursa Major, when you're looking at the seven stars, the last star of the vessel portion of the dipper actually points directly to the North star. And so these stars were of supreme importance way back when. And my personal opinion, I don't remember if we talked about this last time. But I believe that the fixed stars, so these would be all of the stars excluding the wandering stars, which would be the planets, that all of the fixed stars, that that kind of composed the first sort of skyclock that people were really following closely. And so they were a lot of people were focusing on Ursa major and Ersamine or so the Great Bear and the little Bear going around the pole star circumambulating the Pole star going counterclockwise, and so they've even been referred to as these seven original stars of Enlightenment. And so the number seven fits in there perfectly. And there's a lot of other there's a lot of cultures that have used symbols to represent Ursa Major that look very close to the number seven as well. And so in ancient Egypt, as an example, I had this tool called the ads tool, and it actually was a woodworking tool. It looks exactly like the number seven, and they would use this tool for ritualistic purposes, and they openly acknowledge that it actually was a reference to Ursa major. And so there's several other tools that they had that basically embodied the same sort of concepts and the reason why this is important actually is because multiple cultures have had this idea that upon death, your soul of sense to the north and that the northern sky is actually the stairway to heaven basically, and so I've read this multiple times now, I've read multiple books about all of this. To me, it makes all the sense in the world. And the reason why this is the case as well is because in the northern hemisphere Ursa Major and Ursa Minor they don't dip below the horizon, and so they're circumpolar constellations, and so people have referred to them as undying stars or imperishable stars because they don't go away at night. They are always there at night. You can see them around the polestar. This is in contrast to the signs of the zodiac. The signs of the zodiac they dip below the horizon line, so there's whole parts of the year where you're not going to see some constellations if you're in the northern hemisphere. That's not the case with these constellations specifically. And so the North star also represents the center of the wheel of Heaven, and so it's the still point in the middle of this great wheel. And there's a lot of powerful symbolism that associates with the center of the wheel, the center of the wheel being the tranquil part of the wheel, the balanced part of the wheel, the transcendental part of the wheel. The external part of the wheel is generally symbolically related more so to division, multiplicity, things outside of self. It's the least balanced part of the wheel because it's always moving, it's always turning. In fact, the external part of the wheel has also been viewed in like traditional terms as being very dense and kind of more so related to Earth, and that the center of the wheel is more of a divine sort of portion of the wheel, right, And so there's a lot of really positive symbolism, transcendental symbolism that gets associated with the center of the wheel.
Speaker 3: And so we have seen like a portal, you know, exhausting of how you got that pole, star and a center and everything rotating around it like a spiral circle. So it's kind of like a could have been seen as a portal and one thing I never and I love talking to people getting different perspectives. We mentioned it last time, that Hamlet's meal, and you know, there was three people that worked together and wrote that. So I'm not sure which one had brought this up, but they were saying, and guys, brace yourself, you know. Disclaimer, I'm not saying that these stories are not true. But these stories can still be true but have correlations in the heavens. That's my opinion. But like in the Bible where it talks about these sons of God, you know, rebelled and we're thrown into the abyss and stuff like that, one of the writers was saying that how the Bible refers to angelic beings and stuff as stars, you know, and that possibly that some of these stars, like you talked about the horizon, how they dip below the horizon, so they're going into the abyss, that the waters and you know, death in prison for so long, and they were saying that maybe some of these stars were in the sky and part of that wheel that everybody could see at one point, and then there was some kind of great cataclysm that may be caused the shift, and now those stars are no longer seen, they're in the abyss.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, definitely absolutely it is. So, you know, one thing to consider with the Pole Star and its power and significance is people saying that the polestar has shifted and that we've had different pole stars. And so if this is the case, then really the pole Star is more of a title, and that it's a title of the star that's closest to this central point of pivot, you know, in the heavens. And so if people want to do more research on this. By the way, this all relates to symbolism, and this gets to a braxis as well. This all gets to symbolism related to the world axis or the axis MUNDI. Notice that a braxis has axis right there in it, right, and so when we're talking about the axis, we're talking about a poll, a symbolic pole. And so this idea basically is that there's an innate relationship with the North Pole and the North Star, which is the Pole Star, and so that there's a symbolic axis or bridge or pole that extends from the North Pole through the Pole Star. And so my personal opinion, you know, I like to think of the chakra system actually in this regard. So my personal opinion is that there are realms above and below and symbolically they're all connected through their center, and that that's kind of a secret, is that the center is what connects everything together. You know, I'm of the opinion that everything is expressed from the center returns back to the same center. And so these different realms above and below have been imagined like spheres or I would even say the wheel once again is applicable. And so what does chakra mean? Chakra means disc or means wheel. And if there's seven chakras stacked on top of each other, they're all connected through what through this central pole that basically is your spine, right, And so the symbolism still applies is that they're all connected through their center, that these different layers, energetic layers, actually have this bridge that connects all of them together, right, And so a braxis has axis right there. And what do you know, we're talking about the chariot. We're talking about a charioteer basically, right, He's always seen on a chariot. And so to me, what's so fascinating about all of this is that if there's a card that relates to the wheel, there's actually two of them that relate very strongly to the wheel. In the major arcana in the tarot. One of them would be the wheel of fortune, and generally you see this wheel, and the most potent part of the wheel, once again, the most important part is the axle itself, is that center point of pivot. In my opinion, the second card that relates to wheel symbolism very very strongly is the chariot card. And this is the seventh card of the major arcana. So here we're dealing with the number seven again, and we're talking about a Braxis having seven letters having this relationship with the number seven. What a lot of people have said is that a Braxis relates to this concept of what's referred to as the seventh ray, and that the seventh ray is kind of this invisible ray, and it actually relates strongly to rainbow symbolism. And so I said earlier that the seven colors of the rainbow, what I've read from authors that I really respect and admire is that's actually the esoteric view, is that the rainbow actually only has six colors, that if you actually count the amount of colors in the rainbow spectrum, you're going to see six distinct colors, but that the seventh color is actually an invisible color basically, so it kind of represents this seventh ray. And so the seventh you know, thing of any system is oftentimes viewed as sort of the transcendental kind of number. So as an example, it's like a completion exactly, right. So another symbol that relates to this would be the cube actually, and so the cube has six sides. The cube basically, in so many ways represents the sixth dimensions of space, or the six directions of space. Excuse me. So you have forward, backward, left, right, and then you have up and down. Now all of these directions emanate from a central point, and so that central point would actually be the seventh point. So the cube itself has a symbolic relationship with the number seven because of that. And so this seventh ray actually has this really interesting relationship I've read with this world axis, with this symbolic bridge that connects these different realms, because it represents the symbolic center of that system. And then even the rainbow itself represents what it represents a bridge, you know, in many ways, right, And so everyone with rainbow symbolism, they always consider what's at the end of the rainbow, right somewhere over the rainbow or the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You know, in Norse mythology we have the concept of the rainbow bridge, right, and so once again we're dealing with the number seven with the chariot card. And so it's interesting that some depictions of a braxis he's being pulled by four horses. Well, some depictions of the chariot card show the exact same thing, that he's being pulled by four horses. And so this is interesting as well because one of the things to consider is that these four horses actually represent the four elements, and so you have air, water, fire, and earth. So what that means is is that a braxis or the charioteer symbolically actually represents the fifth element, which would be spirit or ether. And so this is actually an old, old old sort of concept or sort of framework. And so you're actually going to see this in China as well, where an emperor is being pulled by four horses, and that in their system they openly acknowledge. I've read that these four horses do represent the four elements. Sometimes they're referred to as the four ethers as well. But it's the same sort of idea, and that the charioteer himself or the emperor himself represents the fifth element. And so when we're talking about the elements, the whole thing is that the four main elements that most people talk about all the time came from the fifth element. So we refer to it as the fifth element, but in actuality, it's the primordial first element that all of the elements came from. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, patient zero for sure, for sure, exactly.
Speaker 4: And so this is also replicated in most versions of the chariot card. So I don't know if you've ever noticed, or how much time you've ever looked at the cards, right, but the charioteer, he's in this enclosed space, you know, that is the chariot like body basically, right. So he's in a vehicle, and the tradition is to show him in between four posts, and so there's two behind him and two in front of him, and so these four posts hold up basically the canopy that is over the chariot itself, and so these four posts can easily be viewed as the four elements as well. And he's the center post, so he's basically that fifth point or represents the fifth element. You can also star exactly. That's it, man, Yeah, yeah, So like in the right Way version, they make that very clear that in the right Way version, the canopy that's over his head is a blue canopy that's littered with stars, that has speckles of stars all over it, and so clearly they're alluding to the firmament, the night sky. And then in that version of the card, he actually has a star on top of his crown because symbolically he does represent the Pole Star. And so this is my understanding, is that a lot of ancient kings and emperors and lords actually had a reverence for the Pole Star, and they believe that they wanted to embody the exact same sort of symbolic dynamic that the polestar sort of exu dudes this calm in the middle of a storm, you know, in a way right, basically this tranquil, transcendental, immutable poll that basically gives you orientation. And that's a huge aspect of pollstar north star symbolism is that it gives you orientation. And so where do all compasses point? They point north right, and so it was really important to know where the north star was way back when if you at least knew where the pollstar was, you knew generally where you were going. And if you were using another constellation to determine where you were going, it only works in relation to the polestar. You need to know where that constellation is. That in relation to the polestar, basically, right, And so there are a number of old texts all over the world. I'm really I've been shocked that basically have this idea of the polestar having this like regal royal king life, like God likes sort of presence basically. And so this also relates to the idea that a lot of cultures, the king or emperor lord, they believe that they should rule from their center, from the center of self, which basically is how you commune with the heavens, in my opinion, or how you commune with the divine. Know thyself and you'll know the universe. It goes back to that, and there's a reason why so many people have basically said that the kingdom of heaven is within, you know, go to the still point within all these different types of things, right, that they wanted to rule from the center, and so a lot of times. This was even literally from the center of their empire or from the center of their kingdom.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, I'm Chris vic I'm the founder Squatch Survival Gear, and today I'm here to talk to you about some of our most popular packs. In twenty seventeen, I founded Squatched Survival Gear because I was tired of seeing low quality, mass pece packs flooding the America market. I decided I'd make a pack that was one hundred percent designed and manufactured in the United States. And today I'm here to talk to you about some of our most popular packs. This is the Knighthowler. It was designed for EBC and travelers. As you can see, it's small. It's roughly ten by twelve inches. Design for everyday carry to pass through pad and low as you've put it on your luggage when you travel. This is the rugar Root, very civilianized, lots of attachment points. This is a twenty five liter pack. We designed it for a little lighter load. You need more than the night Howler should try this. This is the Mothman, very similar to the Rugaroo, roughly the same size, but it's designed for carrying a much heavier load. A removable waste belt will help you carry that extra load. Boss Scott, your retaining strap if you're going to take that on a on a travel trip. This is the cockamor this would be your first seventy two hour pack. As we used to say in the Army.
Speaker 4: It comes with an.
Speaker 2: Internal frame, totally adjustable, strats, heavily padded. You can carry heavy loads, carry lots of you. This is the Rocket. It's a forty five meter pack, same internal frame, same great padded straps that you like, with a few extra features. If you're wondering what's with all the crazy names, well that's because finding one hundred percent American maid is as hard as finding bigfoot in the woods. When you're ready to carry our packs, contact us at squatchdboble gear dot com or any of our social medias.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys and guys, I hope you enjoyed that here. I got to stop you because only the cool kids can go from here. How dad you? This is an all access pass exclusive and if you are not a member, hey man, it's easy. I got links down in description. Head on over to the website from Meet This thingspodcast dot com and sign up for the All accesspass and join a group of like minded people like yourself that have started this hero's journey.
Speaker 2: It's like people only do things because they get eight, and that's just really sad.
Speaker 3: To which is high, guys.
Speaker 4: Mmm