Speaker 1: They already.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, jealousy. You know that voice. He's gonna stay the rest of the show. Everybody else go home. David Bath say live at Dodger Fest, at Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: And here he is the.
Speaker 2: Two time, two time Cy Young Award winner no hitter last year, the biggest sign for the Dodgers this offseason, wearing that number seven.
Speaker 3: He's got a tight haircut. And here he.
Speaker 2: Is the one and only Blake Snell aka Snell Zilla, a k A my number one guy on this team.
Speaker 1: A no, no, okay.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, aka daddy whoa on the time road. Hey, here comes your brother from another mother. Hey Song, Kim right there, No, Zilla's number one. Oh secret handshake already, even with the interpreter.
Speaker 1: You got one, my boys, Where are you.
Speaker 2: Taking him Korea town tonight? Where are you taking him for dinner? Korean barbecue tonight?
Speaker 3: He loves it. Yeah yeah, he says, yes, song too. Oh wow, I sung to guys.
Speaker 1: He gonna be there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I love it. That's your guy.
Speaker 2: Are they done? Oh here come here? Hey song put this on. Talk to Blake Snell. Yes, calm come, we're live all radio.
Speaker 1: What that means that's crazy and.
Speaker 3: VI and Vivo Radio with Blake Snell. Oh he's nervous.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like you already. See I gotta heat. Why does he like you?
Speaker 1: Stuff for me when I'm done with this, and then I'm gonna meet you in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're gonna game plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we got a plan.
Speaker 3: I had the Skittles. Snail Zilla's coming in there after this.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't like Skittles. I like Eminem's with peanuts.
Speaker 2: I love M and M's with peanuts too. You know what I had yesterday? You would love Life Saver gummies?
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 3: I want to save them for my kids, but I ate them in the car. Come on, man, that's what I did.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: How does it feel you're wearing this jersey?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 3: Your teammates?
Speaker 1: Now you've got Kobe's on? Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like these they were available? Hard to get them? What it's available? I asked o Tany for a promo code for New Balance. He said, no, No, you gotta work harder.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: You're a Nike guy? Right, yeah, you're sponsored by Nike. You're gonna have like Air Jordan cleats? Is that what you wear.
Speaker 1: They don't want me to wear Jordan's Nike.
Speaker 3: Nike only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a two time Young Winner. Can't get on team Jordan?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm gonna work on that, work on it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kelly Jansen's a jump man, Mookie's a jump man. They don't have two cy Young's Pokey's.
Speaker 1: Gotta yeah, bok got a couple of words, but two times, come on? Yeah they don't.
Speaker 3: That meant a lot to Kenley when he became a jump man? Would that mean a lot to you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Nike. Okay, I'm good, But all right, they're in the same fan.
Speaker 3: We don't want to burn the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the bridge, right?
Speaker 4: I like?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I like both.
Speaker 2: Hey, I heard you are at work in Arizona. You've been working with the Dodgers. I mean, it's not funny games for snail Zilla around this time.
Speaker 4: No, I got a lot, you know, a lot to prove, and I gotta I gotta get ready. I gotta learn the spring what spring train is going to be like with a new team, learn the coaches, players, kind of figure out where I'm gonna fit in, where I want what I want to do every morning to get ready to play. So yeah, I mean getting down there early is probably what's best for me to to to be ready to be the best me once once the season starts.
Speaker 2: You've been on now four teams in your career. Yeah, You've always wanted a home, always just wanted a home. It feels like you found a home. How much does that make it more comfortable to know this isn't just a one year thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's big. I finally get to like buy homes. Yeah, I get to really invest into not only myself, but the players that are coming up with the Rays. The thing that they did best is the older players really did help the younger players a lot, and I was spoiled. I had so many veterans around me to really help grow me as a man a player, and that that's kind of what I'm looking forward to do as well, the best that I can. But I've already been meeting with a couple of guys. Bobby's kind of been Bobby Ice, that's what you call him. Yeah, Yeah, that's Bobby Miller. He reminds me a lot of just me when I was younger, and I feel there's a lot I can do to help him kind of mature into his career and just start believing in his ability more so. That's a guy I'll be around a lot. He might know that he might not, but that's awesome. I see a lot of similarities there, so definitely looking forward to that. But for my playing career, Kershaw is kind of the guy I can't wait to meet him be around him. The thing going out on Instagram my search feed everywhere as one hundred and ninety nine starts of or one hundred and ninety three starts of an era under a two and seven innings average, Like that's insane. I want to find a way to do that, to be as good as he was. I think I'm just getting into my prime. I think I got a lot left, so I really want to see how good I can really be and invest everything I can into these next five years. But I think I really have like eight years left. Yeah, you do until I think I might not be the same guy, and then when that's over with, I'll go be a dad and I'll be happy with that. But once I'm not as good as I believe I should be and making a career out that I want, I'll be good to walk away.
Speaker 3: We always reinvent ourselves. We always have to evolve.
Speaker 2: I've heard athletes talk about training differently once they hit their thirties, but it feels like even last year, you started to evolve as a pitcher to stay in games deeper and being allowed number one, be allowed to stay in games later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a comfort I have with Bob Melvin and I text to him a bunch, especially before the trade or before I signed, and then after I signed. But he I really love Bob Melvin. He he really would would talk to me all the time about what he expects, what I expect, how to get there. Uh, he would leave me out in the game. He always trusted me, and it made it so much fun to pitch, you know, for him and that team. Uh feel san Diego, san fran But he's really an amazing manager. So that was something that that I really loved. Was just a comfort he would bring me pitching, knowing that, you know, this is my game as long as as I want to be out there and can help the team, and he has my back the whole way through.
Speaker 2: I love what you said at your press conference when you said I'm going to invest in people on this team. I just need them to invest in me as well. I feel like that's what every player strives forwards. If you want to be part of it, I'll invest everything in you, but you've got to invest in me as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for me, for me, that's everything. It's tough to be on a team and then say like, hey, I'm gonna make all these players better, but I'm only here for one year. Yeah, it's like, so gonna make them all better? To then you're not gonna want to sign me? Like that's where the business part comes in. You don't like it, but it's it's the reality. And you know, you got to look at it that way too, to where now you know this team invested in me, I can invest in there, in them, their players, and it's gonna mean that much more. You know, every game you win is gonna matter, every everything you do matters. And I love that feeling so much more. Having my own home, being able to say, you know what, like I can spend the whole off season in LA that's important to me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to tell the stories that people don't know. I think they're starting to see this side of Blake Snell But another side of Blake Snell is the fact that you've pitched the majority of your career without a lot of run support. You got the offense, including that guy, a great Italian American Michael Confordo behind you, that is gonna put up some runs. He's gonna feel nice where he's from Jersey. No, no, come on, don't tell me he's from Seattle too. No, he's so well adjusted. How is he from Seattle? And he's got a tan? He's got a tan Arizona. By the way, you got to get.
Speaker 3: In the sun a little bit more.
Speaker 2: You're looking Seattle pale by Hide the Ball, two of America's most wanted Me and Snell about to clown twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Thank you for staying.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Hey, this show is gonna go on. You want to stay the rest of the show, all right? Snll zella.
Speaker 3: Maybe get down on the sun. You know, before we see in spring Train you've been in Arizona for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was outside.
Speaker 2: Dad, dial down to fifty, maybe put on only twenty sunscreen. Oh man, my guy, Blake, Snail snail Zilla. We're gonna have fun all year long. But he means business, and you are going to fall in love with him when he's throwing shut He's out every other fifth or sixth day for the Dodgers.