Speaker 1: Very exciting. Sure the kids are freaking out when a Halloween's on a Thursday. I'm trying to determine because I got from my you know, in a little neighborhood email group, and they're like, we're gonna have a trick or treat event today and then we're gonna have a trick or treat event something on Saturday. So I don't know if the kids have earned a tuffer from the calendar or if my neighborhood's just gonna have a bunch of fat kids. But yeah, we're gonna go ahead, and uh, I guess get into that thing. But before we do any of that, and uh, I know it's very early, I understand that, but this can't wait because it is a big day. Look, hold on, click the wrong button here. We got to solve a mystery first as we get things fulling, and before I even give you a show rundown. So get your little detective hat, your cheap bottle of booze in the drawer, a little gumshoe badge there. We need to solve the mystery, and I think this is just the crack team to do it. All right, you ready, who opened Ross's candy? Already a day early? Who did it? Who committed this savage crack?
Speaker 2: Ross?
Speaker 1: Did you open your own candy a day early? Man? I saw I saw this bolding last night.
Speaker 3: I am not taking questions at this time. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, when you want to give the bottom of the theft of your own candy, we.
Speaker 3: Are doing our own internal investigation and I can't comment at this time.
Speaker 1: Do you take this very seriously?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, you do? What kind of candy did they abscond with.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Do you remember? You remember what kind of candy you ate?
Speaker 3: Now again, I can't comment. I can't comment. Oh, he can't do it. It's pretty sad. Would it would impede the integrity of the investigation?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 3: The FBI and the Okay, No, I can't. I can't speak on it.
Speaker 1: Is there a client's list involved in this? Should? Should I start a movement? All right?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately the candy burglars got to Ross's house yesterday. It's very sad. So well, don't let that put you down. I should I shouldn't say that Ross is in a great mood. He's he is actually in a high res vest this morning. And uh, why is the employee of the month parking have a garbage truck in it? What's up with that? Man? I figured out what it is with Trump before we get into this where where his sweet Trump's sweet spot is this? And I and it hit it hit me when I saw him drive. I saw him not just driving or ride around in that garbage truck yesterday, but when he then went to a his rally Wisconsin's where he was. He goes to his rally and he's wearing a suit minus the jacket. And instead of the jacket, he now has the high res vest. And normally when politicians do this, it's dumb. Can we agree on this, right? How many politicians have you seen wearing a T shirt? Right? And then at the collar you can see the tie under it, because it's like you went to this thing and you know people are people are volunteering or doing this. Or remember when the Democrats decided they were going to get the Kente cloths right so they could stunt out and then they we have that wonderful photo of them kneeling in the rotunda of the Capitol there and without anyone even checking to determine that that particular cloth pattern doesn't belong to slavers, which it did right The stunts hit week where Trump's sweet spot is, and trust me, he deviates outside of this like everybody else where Trump's sweetest spot is is high school group of high school dudes bored figuring out how they can, you know, prank people and mess around with people and screw with people. It's it's gotta doesn't have a little bully edge, yes, but all of politics does if you're going to go negative on your opponent at any point. And obviously Trump is fully justified because it's not like anyone started positive on him. That being said, it doesn't come across as mean spirited. It's funny, do you know what I'm saying. It's just it's just funny stuff. And yeah, if your Kamala, or if you're Kamala right now this you thought you had the You thought you had the world by the horns man, you thought this was done. And granted it's not even you who screwed it up. But now that the Pandora's box is open, of course, Donald Trump showed Ross called this yesterday. He said it would be hilarious if dude got a garbage truck. In fact, we I have proof of it because yesterday when we were talking about it on the show, Uh, we have a listener who drives a garbage truck and he offered his garbage truck if Trump would to come down to ride in it. So for him to go up and do it, it doesn't come across as mean spirited. It comes across as hilarious, just chilling in his truck. Well, hold on, you turn the volume up please.
Speaker 6: How do you like my garbage truck? This truck is an honor of Kamala and Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry coming across this last night, right, Like, dude, you're texting me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rus is not a text case.
Speaker 3: Just the visual of him sitting in the truck with the vest, the words, the way he delivers it, the way that the way CNN broke away from speaking about whatever they were speaking about with the big news crawl to show him in the truck because they're horrified. I just laughed so hard, and I find myself doing prep. It was like thirty minutes later and I'm just doing prep. I'm sort of an automode, right, yeah, and it's it's I just would think about it now, burst into laughter and Mark'd be like, you're thinking about the garbage truck again.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I am. It's funny. It's funny, and that's just sweet spot right there.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, like you're talking about political props when they become carrot top and stuff, because they write these serious issues and they try to them with the props sort of make it not as serious. This is something it's just funny, man.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, he didn't claim he was gonna go run away. He didn't claim I went and did a route and you know I need to go shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's self deprecating too. It really is, because people realize how good like he with him at the McDonald's. He's part of the fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's again. Is it the most mature thing in the world. Not not remotely. However, people also, in addition to not liking corrupt politicians, most people and I'm not talking about the stick to the issues crowd, most people also have zero time for stick in the h in the buttox style politicians too. I think they also The timing of it is perfect because yes, I did a put thank you, Joe. I mean really, yeah, I put a pull.
Speaker 3: Up yesterday about election anxiety, like, how are you feeling about it? And majority of people are feeling like their election anxiety is high. I'm very jealous of the people that have say their election anxiety is non existent. But the timing of this is perfect because it's light, it's fun, it has a sense of joy, right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, But it's not it's not fun. Were you trying, I'm sorry, were you thinking you were having fun with these?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because you put it side by side with a Kamala where the brown Hitler jacket screaming frantically about concentration camps and tyrants and how this is fun to people that died at Normandy and all this bull crap, and then you put it side by side with and he's just a goofy guy having fun in a garbage truck turning something that you said that was horrible about the American people around, and it's just it's a great moment. It's another one of these small moments in the campaign that you're gonna remember in your mind.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We talked before about all the pictures that show up in this campaign. When you think about it, think about all historic pictures and memes that have come out of this campaign.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean the ones that got memory hold basically for pretty much. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a few of them. But here's what you don't understand. As I mentioned, you know who else sought to deal with a garbage crisis as part of their initial foray into public office, and then it eventually spun out of control because they said they could also make the trains work on time, and then they made people drink castor oil and brown shirts. Do you know who that was? Mussolini? You know how I learned that one of MSNBC's reporter also had an interest in making sure garbage pickup was was.
Speaker 3: Done and them going that in that direction from this goofy moment proves the point right.
Speaker 1: Humorless, absolutely humorless. Oh no, if Kamala was in a garbage truck, it'd be the greatest garbage truck.
Speaker 3: And the fact that the garbage truck had a big Trump logo on it, you see, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Well, it made it better.
Speaker 3: If it was like a gold plated garbage truck, that would have any funnier, No it what.
Speaker 1: Would have been fire is when it does the thing where it's got to compact the trash right, so you know it does all its transformer stuff, but the noise it makes is her cackling. That would have been more amazing. But I digress. Yeah, I I don't know. So I saw the Mussolini thing. There's some quibble as to whether it's his garbage truck. Uh, even if it's not, you know, he could just go buy one today, like you you're gonna go buy hot dogs for lunch or whatever.
Speaker 3: The other thing is like yeah, but the other thing is like after the whole thing, and he arrives at the venue and he's speaking. It is the funniest I've ever heard a politician in like any politician sound.
Speaker 1: You know why, It's because when you're having fun. How many times you and your boys are having fun. Sometimes it might be because you know you're you're probably kind of being a little bit of a pain in the ass. You're making fun of sunny, but you're loving it. Dude, you're just dying. You know, remember those moments when you were a kid, you sit around your friend's circle and you're all laughing. You can't like stop laughing. Like Ross was just saying, Trump's doing that now in his seventies, right there.
Speaker 3: It sounded like a stand up set. It's something you realize the other side can't do because, once again going back to this, they're not authentic. He's just sitting there riffing on it, like for four or five minutes about the concept of the truck, getting in the truck, the vest. It's incredible.
Speaker 6: How do you like my garbage truck? This truck is an honor of Kamala and Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Oh, it pans away and you see the giant logo on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, you're supposed to. It's hy res dirus. Oh my goodness. All right, so we got that. What is that? Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't get things done. It's called a garbage can, not a garbage you can't all right now, people are sending me memes. Boston Paul suggests you all wear a garbage bag when you go to vote. Why so they blend in with you?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Did you see that when they so they blend in with Aaron Boone? Sir, I'm sorry, No, it's not You should have been saying that all week to put that dude in the sun. Yeah, did you see the video of the people on line. I don't know what what precinct or district or what state it was in, but it was it was you know, somebody was when you go to the polling place and they have people from the Dems and people from the Republicans, and they hand out their flyers, you know, and one of them at this location was they were in a red hat and they had their flyers there handing out you know, right, vote for the people on the right side of the ballot. But yeah, instead of like a regular suit or they were wearing a trash bag.
Speaker 1: Dice stands out pleasu, you're not wearing a fake lanyard. That makes me think you might work for the Yeah. Those, by the way, those things we talked about yesterday. I wanted to make sure I had had some semilance and an idea. Yeah, none of them work for the actual polling place. So what's more fun somebody with a fake land you'd trying to have you pulled out of a polling place using a cop like that story we talked about yesterday, Or why is that dude in a trash bag? You might think he's a hobo at first, but then you're like ah. You know why, because if even for a moment in your brain you thought that was funny, it's going to reignite that when you thought that was funny while you're standing in line, and who knows, maybe you're a split ticket voter that's right on the cusp, and you're like, all right, yeah, that was funny, because I mean, this is what you're comparing and contrasting it against right here.
Speaker 7: Just the other day, I speaker at Israeli called Puerto Rico a floating island garbage. Well, let me tell you something I don't. I don't know the Puerto rican that I know, or Puerto Rico where I'm in my home state of Delaware. They're good, decent, honorable people. The only garbage I see floating down there is his supporters, his his his demonizational scene is unconscionable, and it's on American It's totally contrary to everything we've done.
Speaker 1: Right right, Okay, all right, remember that stick in the petard there. But also if anyone then took a moment to think about it, and actually, I don't know, look at or watch the watch the comedy skit there, and then maybe catch the Daily Show. You before you know it. These are all visual representations. And maybe when you feel that the media wasn't being honest with you, and then you look into the whole rally and you're like, well, I don't see any clan members there. I'm telling you visual visual, which which is why most polling places, when you're within a certain distance, you can't have campaign stuff on because they recognize is the power the susceptibility of the American public who's been trained on subconscious advertising and suggestions. And and look, look how quickly they turned an entire political party to someone that they loathed. They loathed him, and I saw somebody saying that or loathed her. I saw somebody saying, well, that's how it was for Trump when he was on, when he was up there, even during the primary, everyone hated him. No, they didn't. The other sixteen candidates hated him. I think that's pretty clear. But you know there were people who did. It was a primary. But with Kamala, even people who had voted for her via voting for Biden didn't have a positive opinion on her, and they got that bad boy turned around like two weeks. Apparently not for enough of them, though, So don't give me any of that garbage. Trump in the truck, tr I'm taking Q and A in the truck is.
Speaker 2: Answering some questions from reporters used to make that statement.
Speaker 1: He's sitting in the truck, He's sittings he's not an electern right, he's he didn't walk into the Gold Room of the White House. He's sitting in a waste management truck up in Wisconsin with a high res vest on. Oh well, yeah, we'll get to this. And they had to throw to Is that answering some questions from reporters.
Speaker 2: Used to make that statement.
Speaker 1: All right, so we'll I'm teasing you because I gotta go to break, but when we come back, we'll we'll get into all the truck insanity.
Speaker 3: I heard she's going to show up on the Kamal is going to show up on the tarmac today dressed as an apostrophe. Can you confirm uh apostrophe?
Speaker 1: Dude. I'll tell you what if caut I I know people are gonna like this if Kamala got out of Air Force two in a high res vest like a ground crew and airport with those little uh the little glow sticks. I'm trying to I'm trying to think if I think it's funny or it would just be sad. I don't know. She should try and let's see, we'll be back hang on. Obviously they listened to the show because it was on this show yesterday. I believe Ross said, wouldn't it be funny if he drove a garbage or rode in a garbage truck? Yeah, he didn't just ride in one. He got in one with his high viz vest. Somebody said, I said, Rez, I don't know. I probably did, but you know he's got his orange, little green reflectively vest.
Speaker 5: And he.
Speaker 1: He didn't just pose for the photo in the truck. He did a press gaggle from the truck in the passenger seat, put his arm there. And remember he's wearing every other aspect of his suit minus the jacket so that he could put the vest on. And he's just chilling in there, just as comfortable. That's the other thing, as comfortable as could be. It's a lot of funny moments are due to the sheer discomfort of the politician who wants to go play pretend. Trump's playing pretend and he's all in on it. So he does the gaggle and then when the gaggle's over, he does his rally in Wisconsin and he leaves the vest On, and of course half the people swooned. Half the people lost their ever loving minds. All right, let's get to the press. Gaggles shells answering some questions.
Speaker 2: Just to make that statement, it's really a disgress.
Speaker 1: They're having to yell up eight feet at him because the truck it's uh, well we'll find out. It's it's high up, you know. And like there's a thing, there's a there's one of these fung shway things. I don't know fun shway is the right word. But if you ever walk into an office of a you know, like a CEO of a big company, Trump's office is set up like this. He literally explained it on The Apprentice one time. There's a lot of subconscious things when people put those offices together. Now I'm not a scientist, and some of the stuff, see, but it's like Trump's handshake. He buys into all this stuff. So when he shakes your hand, he's gonna try to He's going to try to move you because if he can, if he forces you to even take a half step, it's a subconscious superiority thing. One of the ways you achieve that in an office setting is you elevate the person. It's why stages are elevated. Mentally, we just accept that if somebody's in an elevated position, there in a position of authority, or they have the room, so to speak.
Speaker 3: Andy Kaufman did an old bit on this when he had like an old like gear like a skit show, and in the skit he was doing like a Tonight show type thing, but his desk was like twenty feet up in the air.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, it's like it's like, who's the espnu, who's got the Really they make fun of him itself. But the point, the point is like we know that subconsciously if you're looking up it's and so there is a little of that right there. They're like children talking to the garbage man. It's funny as hell, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'll have to be used.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna have a big picture, and I think two hundred and fifty million people in this country are gonna be very happy because we're gonna bring the country back where a nation in decline, very very serious to tribe, and we're gonna bring our country back.
Speaker 1: And I want to go back to that reporter's question because it's such a stupid question. You said that the National Guard might need to be used on election day? What did you mean by that? What do you think he meant by that? This is what I hate about reporters like like your your your bold question, where the man is clearly pointing out that if if, if people lose their mind and start burning US cities, then the national You would agree with that, right, ross? Would you agree that if people start burning cities to the ground over election results, that the National Guard might need to be mobilized, especially.
Speaker 3: Because they've been hyping it up as if this guy's a Nazi and the next Hitler, And you can see how people on the left would like overreact and set things on fire.
Speaker 1: They even said they remember they read an article saying that he's even if he loses, he's still gonna do the Hitler stuff. So that's what he means, you know what he means. But like he's gonna in a moment of whoopsie, he's just gonna be like, yeah, we're gonna, we're gonna right before the announce the results, We're gonna coo the country.
Speaker 8: Shut Upon is a great guy.
Speaker 6: He's one of our geniuses, and we have to protect our geniuses. We have to take care of our genius. I love Puerto Rico, and Puerto Rico loves me.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about it, comedian. I just I love Quarto.
Speaker 7: Rick you go.
Speaker 2: Nobody's done more for Puerto Rico than me.
Speaker 6: I took care of them when they had the big hurricanes, and nobody nobody gets along better with Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rican people people to me, they love me and.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: Can you ros I want you to imagine being Keith Oberman watching this. But he gets to the Puerto Rico bar. Have we done a wellness check on Keith Oberman? Do we know if he's okay? I don't think he could have handled that? And we ate dumb my response? Did you all right? So this now he's transitioned from the trash truck to the Do we call it a trash truck or is there some PC thing?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 1: I know a couple guys in this business and they don't strike me as PC. So uh, Anyway, he's out of the trash truck into the rally in Wisconsin, high high visibility vests still adorned upon his body, and uh, he just it's it's just a continuation, man Like He's just you know, when you're feeling really good and then the next thing that comes up, you just approach with a lot probably better attitude and vigor. Dude rolls in and he's still rocking the vest is the visual reminder and it was funny.
Speaker 2: My response to Joe and Kamala is very simple.
Speaker 6: You can't lead America if you don't love Americans.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 6: You can't be president if you hate the American people, which I believe they do.
Speaker 1: It's look, it's clear, and I know you're not going to control what Trump says, but it's clear that the people they have around them in his campaign now, and it's not all of them, but a lot of them are different and that's for the better. Uh, Ross, You've you've recognized that trump early presidential campaign, this cycle and the late one are remarkably different. You would agree, yes, yeah, so good on you whoever got in there. And it's and it's it's a lot of little things, right, and I again, I don't know the level of influence they have on Trump. I don't know where they if he himself has been more you know, he used to just do it a lot of times, you just look at something and go, f that, I'm gonna do it. And I wonder if he's more reflective. And I don't know whether it's Butler, the people around him, or just the momentum he has, but he's been He's handled things with a couple exceptions, pretty flawless. I know the media won't tell you that, but but you know, his messaging up there behind the podium, it says Trump will fix it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: That's that was a shift in messaging, and I think it's a pretty good one. And that line about you can't govern the American people if you don't love the American people, it's a pretty that's a pretty strong line with a lot of people, especially if you're somebody who's told that inherently you're you're racist, or inherently or this or that because you happen to have a good job, or and you're sitting there, especially when you're somebody liking Elon Musk. He'd be the extreme example, but a lot of people who were sitting there going I've been you know, I voted Democrat, and I you know, there's a lot of things that I wanted to do that you said you wanted to do, but I just can't anymore. And the attitude that's going to get you there is they hate me. They hate me for no reason. Do you see the people who want Elon deported and they're running the Joe Biden was I'm sorry, will you put the Biden Elon cutback up? We never got to it the other day, like the natural Progress, I understand you think you're in a gotcha circle. They're like, oh, look at this. Elon may have transitioned his visa from a J one to a or from a student one to a J two or like and admittedly I don't understand all of it, but they have like intricate moonbats coming out. Well, technically he could transition, but he would have had to physically leave the country or he'd have to convince a pe And they don't know anything. It's all speculative and they're sitting there and they're like, well, the obvious thing is he violated that we needed to port him. Let me ask you a question and then they'll go. Because Trump wants to deport the migrants here. All right, let me ask you. Let me ask you this. What do you think would happen if Trump went and Elon went, h okay, I'll will deport me, and then we'll deport every single migrant You got your way. Think about what you're going after, think about what you're hoping to achieve. It would be an actual nightmare. You know what Elon would do. He'd go buy a country and then you know, crack open, Hey it's a Lanistan or whatever that means, and then just fire his rockets off.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: That's also the argument against the unrealized capital gains, right, because if you're gonna be taking that, he's going to leave the country, and you know what's going to happen to the stock market, right, Yeah, and everybody.
Speaker 1: Else went ninety percentile dep Pardue held that presser like three days later, actor and after that money left, right. And it happened in Norway, and it happened. I was watching a documentary in Switzerland. Did you see what's going on in Switzerland with the grocery police? So Switzerland obviously is you know, it's a country. I think they have nine or ten million people there and the majority of people in Switzerland due to well one, Geneva being where it is, but in Switzerland live within a few minutes drive of the border. And on the French side, it's the groceries in France are less than half the price they are in Switzerland, and when you're EU it's a lot easier to flow. So Switzerland figured out because they have these huge taxes on groceries, that Swiss people were just driving into France buying groceries and then coming back and then all of a sudden they're like, why is anyone buying groceries here? Well, you've taxed them to the so they're double and so they ended up having to spend a bunch of money to it looks like North Korea some of these some of these border crossings, and they have a show I kids you not. I saw it dubbed in English on YouTube kind of like cops, but it's grocery cops, and it's just it's just grocery cops trying to find people that are crossing, you know, crossing over in some of these areas that have like a trunk with groceries in it, you can't have you'd have little stuff, but not enough They had a family and a van that was sitting in like a booking station while the vehicle was being ripped apart. And it's mom and dad and like four kids, and they have a table that's visible to them, but they can't reach it of all the groceries, like they're stacking bricks of cocaine. So like, yeah, I don't remember how I wanted it all in here. I was just blown away by watching that. And so you know, this is all of this stuff goes into the uh in the factor.
Speaker 3: You have people that are like, Okay, well if they did leave, if that didn't happen, that doesn't affect me. Well, do you have a four to one k because it would affect you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I kind of feel like that's gonna that's gonna impact but it all but in the longer term, it also impacts you a little bit.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things that the US has done over the years, although to set with some questionability post World War two, is we have we have strived so that smart people want to come here and set up shop here. They want to if you're if you are somebody who is who is a good who is very good at entrepreneurship. You may be, you may be, you may stick in your part of the world, but a crap ton of them come here. You know why, Because if you're that motivated and you're that good at at this particular thing, there's no arena bigger than the United States. That's where you're gonna go prove your metal. And if you're a driven individual, that's what you're gonna do. And if you're really into the tech side of it, the I don't know where you go other than the US. I understand the Chinese are doing what they're doing, but a lot of it's just ripped off blueprints they stole off the Internet. They're not innovating over there. They're innovating on their ability to make knockoff rolexes.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Ross?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 1: In China they're so good at making knockoff rolexes. There's a term for a knockoff that's so good, called epic, and they use that as code so that online sellers don't get in the way. So it's not a real rolex, but it's a thousand dollars because it's so close. That's the technology they're innovating on. We're sitting here, like, let's go to space. What do we do with these Nazi scientists. You're like, I don't know, give them a house, which is a thing that happened. But in more of a sense, you tell the world, Hey, if you're really, really smart, you got a bunch of money to spend, or you got you got a bunch of money to be made. Chances are you can get in here and people will go, oh, well, how come they had an easier time and they were able to buy land and they gave them an exemption all that, And it's like, because they're rich and they make money. Every other country, almost every other country on the world, requires you to show proof of financial the ability to financially be able to not just be a bum here, you know, not just come and show up. In some countries you go into you have to provide bank account details. Now with the US, we don't see it as much because US passport holders are generally assumed by most other countries to have the financial wherewithal I'll tell you the craziest thing I've ever seen, and we'll get into the rest of this Trump thing. Because him explaining the vest and everything it requires all to be done at once. It's that great. But you know, I'll tell you, the craziest thing that I ever saw from an American perspective is that I got panhandled in a foreign country by an American who had gone to this country. And I don't even and just I don't know, maybe smoked all his money away, injected it. I don't know how he got there. He looked pretty rough, who was running a scam, trying to tell me he was Jamie Diamond's son and he couldn't reach his father, and I just started, I'm just laughing at the dude. I'm like, who does that? I asked, who does that work on? And he just got kind of angry, and I wasn't being insensive. I'm just like, come on, bro, nobody's thinking here Jamie Diamond's son. I did give him roughly about like three dollars, and I understand he's on a houstle, but the dude looked like he was having a bad day. So my point is, you have this, There is this, There is this notion across the world, whether you are rich, poor or otherwise, the USA is the place you want to be and not everyone and shares it. And arguably when we have politicians that run out and go everything sucks here. Everybody's racist and it's just horrible. That cuts into that. But wanting to be the place where the cool kids come and the people who can propel your economy and whatnot, there's nothing wrong with that. We just happen to have the venue for it. All right, little teaser on the best thing because it is so fun. And one of my people came in and said, sir, wait, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: My response to Joe and Kamala is very simple.
Speaker 6: You can't lead America if you don't love Americans.
Speaker 1: It's a strong thing. And they would tell you it's nationalism, but it's not, and unless you ask them, then it is. And I've never understood. Well it's say, all right, so if you really so, do you not love the country? Well, no, we do, so you're nationalists because that's like your only standard is somehow they profess love for the country. So right after that, what does he do? He starts professing love for his vest.
Speaker 6: And one of my people came in and said, sir, you know, the word garbage is the hottest thing right now out there, the hottest thing out there, Sir, would you like to drive a garbage truck?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now we're about, you know, thirty minutes from landing. We had to do this pretty quick. I said, it's sort of cool, though, isn't it, because you know and I said, you know, I think that's okay, but you know, I don't feel comfortable wearing a suit and they pulled up this garbage truck.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the hell they did it so fast. I have very capable, all.
Speaker 1: Right, hanging on the rest in a moment, phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. That'll get you on the show this morning. I mean, unless you call and say something stupid, then Ross will put you on. But you know, if you want to weigh on things we're talking about, Phil Free like, uh, Trump and a trash truck. Trump and a trash truck and in one of the vests, the high visibility vests, and then Trump with the same vest going to his rally in Wisconsin and Ross, would you say there was any joy there with the whole with the whole litany of events with the trash truck and Trump, because he looked like a dude who was very he was having fun.
Speaker 3: Dude, he was having so much fun.
Speaker 1: So case you're wondering, because I saw people on MSNBC with Kamala, where did the joy go? Trump bought it. That's what billionaires do. They see something they like and they acquire it. I guess, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just more effective too. It's one of these images, right, Like I saw somebody mentioned that, you know, side by side, which pictures do you think are more effective? And then like the picture on the right was Kamala with the cast of the Avengers backstage at a rally, and I left there was a picture of Trump with the workers at the McDonald's handing out fries, and the other one him in the garbage truck, like sitting side by side with the driver.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to pick on garbage guys, but you tell me I can hang out with the guy who picks my tray today's trash day, the dude who picks up my trash today, or Scarlet Johansson. No, but I mean which one doesn't think dude did.
Speaker 3: Understand which one is more relatable to the average work Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well hands down the guy who's gonna swing by my house today, Yeah, Or guys. Uh, I guess yeah, one hundred percent. Oh, but also I don't want to talk to Scarlett, So there's that. So AnyWho, all right, let's get let's get back into this. Also, oh, look at this, I had no idea. I had no idea at all.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I want to remind you too. Coming up, Congressman Richard Hudson will join us at seven thirty five. Uh, he will be in Ah, he's going to be in a should we put him in a trash should we have him a t rash truck for the interview. I'm just talking about related Bill. Well, he's in Fayetteville, so he, like the ducoccus urge has to be there all the time, Like, hey, stick me in a military thing, give me a helmet and take a picture.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the thing that pissed me off. So somebody yesterday was mentioning how they were like, how many doucoccus moments has Trump had in this campaign?
Speaker 1: And they're there, you don't clearly understand what it do caucus moment.
Speaker 3: Their example was the McDonald's thing and this thing yesterday sitting in the garbage truck and what made the caucus moment of the Ducoccus moment was it was a dude who was obviously very weak trying to look like he was strong, and it looked ridiculous. This is if you're looking for the Doucacus moment of this campaign, it would be Tim Walls with that rifle with the shotgun.
Speaker 1: Well, Tim Walls with the shotgun, or Tim Walls with the tweets about Kamala or excuse me aoc runs of mean pick six for her offense. Yeah, yeah, those are Ducoccus moments. That's where you get call because you are you know what it is. It's like it's like a card game where you bid. So if you play like spades or something where you bid right, and you're bidding when you're claiming, you're gonna do something. So when you're caught, when you're when you're do caucus, you're like, ah, I'm gonna put this on and I'm going to project power. I've actually read about his advisors thought it would project power.
Speaker 3: Right, and it looks stupid and it looks stupid.
Speaker 1: Whereas Trump's not promising he's gonna go run uh garbage pickup that day, right, he just he's like, oh, they look at this cool truck. And if you're a guy who works, if your guy who works in waste management, the truck that you use is foreign to most people. Right, they get in there. And I'm a guy who can run heavy equipment. Right, I can run a gray I can run most of the cat equipment. I can run a back home. Just because you know, these are these are skills that were necessarily picked up when I was a kid. We actually co own a greater so our road stays open. But also working in directional boring, uh, doing some roofing things like that. You know, keep myself busy with work, either while I was in school or after but while the radio thing was picking up and and but they're still cool, every every kid for the most part. If you were to put them in an act, you remember when you were a little kid and you had the the you had the the back hoe toy. And then maybe you go to the park where you had that back hoe kind of ride thing there were you dig in the sand. Ask any eight year old boy if he wants to see the inside of that of that back hoe, and uh, it'll it'll look like a clown car in there. They'll get excited. So people have a national that we have an interest to learn about things. It doesn't have to be heavy equipment, but to learn about things. And it's clear that Trump is fascinated and actually fascinated or one of the best actors with the aspects of that job. And everybody, I don't care what you do. There's some unique thing about your job that a lot of people don't know that they probably find interesting. Not this job, right, it's very boring what Ross and I do, but most jobs, and Trump not only. And here's how you know he found it interesting. You ready, he wouldn't shut up about it when he got inside. All right, let's let's dive back into that.
Speaker 6: And one of my people came in and said, sir, you know, the word garbage is the hottest thing right now, out there, the hottest.
Speaker 2: Thing out there, sir, would you like to drive a garbage truck?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: We're about, you know, thirty minutes from landing. We had to do this pretty quarly. I said, it's sort of cool, though, isn't it, because you know?
Speaker 6: And I said, you know, I think that's okay, but you know, I don't feel comfortable wearing a suit.
Speaker 2: And they pulled up this garbage truck. I don't know how the hell they did it so fast. I have very capable people. They put a big sign on the truck. Did you see it? I think they show it to you.
Speaker 6: And then they said, sir, we have a vest. I said, well, should I leave my suit on and put it over the vest? But that doesn't look very good? Right, that doesn't look good? So I said, look, let me take it off. And then I actually said I climbed into the truck. But so I said, how the hell do you get into the truck? It's way up high, it's a big way.
Speaker 2: This was a beauty. I said, you didn't have to buy it that big, right, you have to get it that big. They brought this.
Speaker 6: Brand new, gorgeous truck. Wonderful driver. He looked like Carrie Grant in his prime. You know that, this beautiful driver, and he drove that big thing up.
Speaker 1: And this isn't this is a little trump thing that he does. And he did it the other day about the pilots on Air Force One. Anyone he wants to tell you a story about looks like a movie star. And people are like and then they'd bele like, wow, they don't actually look like that, but like he went on like a three minute ran about the pilots on Air Force one, talking about how capable they are. But also he thought when he first walked in there that there was a problem because they looked like they were for a photo shooter Central Casting. And I don't know, I don't remember seeing their photos, so I don't know the answer to that. But it's a thing that he does. And people are like, well, he's lying. The guy doesn't look like Kerry Grant. Well, you know what, your wife also doesn't look good in that dress. Okay, so not your wife. Your wife looks great in that dress. The other guy, the guy we don't like. Oh yeah, and she has a bad attitude. So I have no problem saying that. It's it's like, if this is what you're getting hung up on, you're missing the forest for the trees, because listen to the audience, and I know it's his people, but also I'm sure there were people involved in the stunt, because at the end of the day, it is a stunt that also were not necessarily they didn't know what to think of Trump or maybe didn't like the guy. And I have to wonder how interacting with him when And I think that's the true test when you do this stuff, as Ross pointed out, if you say you're going to do it and all trucks, all Trump's promising is to hey, I'm gonna go right around on the truck and do a little press gaggle from it. Then he's you know, he's met his obligations, whereas Ducacus was going to project power and it was absolutely laughable. All right, let's let's continue the journey.
Speaker 2: So I said, Man, if I don't get up there, this is going to be very embarrassing. He's stupid.
Speaker 6: People they'll say he's cognitively and physically impaired.
Speaker 1: By the way Ross, I want to see Joe Biden and Trump in a get in a garbage truck off right, we got two identical trucks. They'd both be wearing suits minus the jacket with the vest, and let's just see you can get in the truck. Let's go, and we should start now. So we have a winter by the end of the weekend.
Speaker 2: And I can't that when I'm alongside of this great athlete. I got to get up to that. So so look, so the stair, the first stair is like up here. I'm sick, so so I had the adrenaline going.
Speaker 7: And I made it.
Speaker 1: All right. So and you know he's he's relating the story there. But the but the deal is because then people like you just get to your mess. Everyone's having a good time there. Have you ever been to a Trump rally? That's about seventy five percent of it, well unless you sit in the media part where I sat, And then about half of it is people asking you if you're dumb, questions, try to make fun of you, and it's funny as hell. And it's what's really funny is some of the traveling press from the leftist organizations, like it's just there. There are people who follow Trump around the rallies who then make a point to go check in and make fun of the piece. So there's like this weird relationship with like the MSNBC guy and these three women that apparently follow Trump. Brown. I just happen to witness this in Charlotte, and they all knew each other, like first named Basis was the It was the most high school thing I'd ever seen. All Right, one more real quick, Uh finish your story, sir, And then.
Speaker 2: We drove about two feet I got a got into the player.
Speaker 6: And then I got in the car and I'm driving over here and I have this still long and I come into the arena and I say, where's my jacket?
Speaker 2: I want to get out of this stage. And they said it would be unbelievable if you could wear it on stage.
Speaker 1: I said, so you made the right decision.
Speaker 2: And I said, no way. I got twenty five thousand people standing.
Speaker 6: Out, son, I got all these people here, there's no way I'm wearing it on stage. They said, oh, okay, sir, I said, get me my jacket. But if you did, you know it actually makes you look thinner.
Speaker 2: I said, cool, and they got me. I said, I want to wear it on stage. When they said I looked thinner.
Speaker 1: I said, in that case, oh to the video where I saw this, this exchange right here to the first comment under it was this guy who had a Ukraine you know flag in his in his Twitter account photo and he just that conversation didn't happen. Joyless man, just absolutely joyless. Actually that's not fair. Maybe there is some joy going on over there. Let's hear from Kamala on this whole garbage insanity show.
Speaker 9: Listen, I think that. First of all, he clarified his comment, but let me be clara. I strongly disagree with any criticism of.
Speaker 2: People based on who they vote for.
Speaker 9: As you've heard in my speech last night and continuously throughout my career. I believe that the work that I do, it's about representing all the people, whether they support me or not.
Speaker 1: All right, And this is what I wants you to think about as we continue to listen to the rest of this. This is a reaction to a thing that twenty four hours ago she thought probably was gonna win her the election. I didn't say she's right, but she probably thought that. And now she's the one having to hold a somber well, it was clarified. It's not what they meant. And my other like she's having it's like she's the one who's having to defend the thing that happened to Trump's rally. It's amazing. Meanwhile, he's talking about how the garbage vest makes him look thinner. It's people, even if they don't hear your words, they pick up on your energy.
Speaker 9: And as president of the United States, I will be a president for all Americans.
Speaker 3: Whether you vote from me or not.
Speaker 9: That is my responsibility, and that's the kind of work that I've done my entire career, and I take it very seriously.
Speaker 1: You spoke the comments and either.
Speaker 4: That did call me last night, but this thing come up?
Speaker 10: Are you concerned about what I practice may have on voters on the divisiveness of the election, and whether or not it's gonna dissuade some people from supporting.
Speaker 2: You because of your afiliation with president of this administration.
Speaker 9: I've been very clear with the American public. I respect the challenge is that people face. I respect the fact that we all have so much more in common than what separates us kind of a most past, that they get that and approaches their role of leadership that way. I've been very clear from my earliest years as a prosecutor. I never asked anyone I be a Democrat or Republican.
Speaker 3: The only thing I have hoped with are you okay, it's a soul stupid?
Speaker 1: And then you send a woman to jail because her daughter was in the hospital for sixty days, So yeah, you were you were busy. So one more timea is a soul stupid? How she gotta be sitting in a room going his guys said Puerto Rico island of garbage? How am I having this conversation right now? It's got to just boggle her mind. Well, she could wrap her head around it, but what a mess. And then, uh, what do you gotta do while you got you need the heavy lift because obviously Kamala and Joey digging their way out of this. So uh, you know, let's let's get our media buddies.
Speaker 10: We're trying to pay this to be the next basket of deplorables.
Speaker 4: Well, of course, and Donald Trum says shocking things every day in Fox News and and all of his apologies of the Republican Party immediately go to it and and brush it off, explained it away, to just completely ignore it. Here they're trying to make a firestorm out of something that again, if you look at it, you look at what he said immediately afterward, Donald Trump didn't say he immediately afterwards said.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what I meant.
Speaker 4: I was talking about the comedian and people that supported that kind of talk. And you know, willly Joe Biden obviously doesn't believe that we had that.
Speaker 1: I figure what state it was in, but it.
Speaker 4: Was during a hurricane after a hurricane, I believe, and Joe Biden went in and he went and talked to the crowd, went over, talked to a guy who was a big Trump supporter, joked with him, put the hat on him, and again trying to bring people together.
Speaker 1: And then do you remember what he did the moment they stuck a mic in his face when he was back at the White House. Remember what he said? He said, No, everybody's good, everybody's fine. Yeah, North Carolina, the North Carolina remembers. So anyway, all right, well are you clarified it? Trump's clarified stuff doesn't do any good. So anyway, man, what a switcher through? All right, The congressman joins us. Next, hang on, I'm coming up on the show, our nerd correspondent. He's back from his James Bond esque world tour. We'll chat with him at eight oh five. And we got plenty of nerdy stuff to get into, as we do. But before we get into that, let's get into some more serious stuff. Although tongue in cheek, Congressman Richard Hudson joins us, this morning, let me let me guess you're dressed as a guy who empties septic systems. And or like when you watched the trash truck stuff yesterday, Congressman, how inspired were you guys in Congress, because, let's face it, some of your colleagues love little stunts. Trump is the king of this stuff.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: What a what a what a positive day for his campaign yesterday?
Speaker 11: Well, Nonald Trump is on fire. It's incredible.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: I was with him earlier yesterday in Rocky Mount and I have never seen a crowd more fired up, more more diverse, more more hopeful about America. And it was just an incredible experience. And and for a boy who grew up in Ronal Graft, it's just you know, forty five minutes north of there. Uh, you know, in a middle class family, was a public school teacher mom and a dad had started his own business. To be standing there all these years later in the leadership of the United States Congress, I told the crowd, only in America, Well, don't.
Speaker 1: Be models, don't be modest. I mean, he grew up next to that theater, so.
Speaker 11: That really well, you know, we didn't have the theater back then.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh yeah, the dream and on the country later. Let me ask you a question. Let me put your politician hat on, and then we'll get to a couple of issues, the strategic side of it. When when when you did you catch any of the Madison Square Garden rally? Were you there? Maybe you were there. I don't know.
Speaker 11: No, I was not there, but you know I watched from the highlights later.
Speaker 1: All right, So you watched that comedian. I don't know if you're familiar with that comedian. So you watched it, and it was it was clear from that moment that the Harris campaign and the media had found their October surprise and quote Trump had just given it to them, right and in forty eight hours. In forty eight hours, Kamal has given eulogy style little press gaggles with the helicopter noise in the back, talking to you know, very somber, and Trump's driving around in high visibility vest and it's like to be able to flip that was it was crazy to me, like is he just have that much of a better team around him? Or is he more disciplined? Like how is this Trump not as rough around the edges as we have seen? In your opinion, it.
Speaker 11: Starts with Donald Trump is hysterically funny. I mean, the guy could could be a professional comedian if you wanted to. He's got incredible timing and the guys real, you know, and everything about Kamala Harris is scripted and fake and and so that's why he's able to respond and capitalize on, you know, these obvious mistakes. I mean, you've got a vice presidential candidate who's supposedly mister gun guy, who doesn't have a load of shotgun and all of a sudden, Kamala Harris is a lifelong big government left. This liberal is you know, some kind of moderate who wants to secure the border and and bring you know, more fracking. I mean, it's not authentic. The American people don't don't buy it. But Donald Trump's who he is and and so that's why he's able to capitalize on these kind of moments.
Speaker 1: And he's not pretending to be a fry cooker garbage man. He's he's a billionaire pretending to be a you're in on the joke, and it's like it's a it's a weird difference that that people don't pick up on it, but it pays dividends, Like you your entire career congressman considering Faydeville's in your like you had to resist the Michael Dukakis moment your entire career, haven't you. But you don't want to be that guy?
Speaker 11: Well, it's true. You know, I never had the honor of serving in the military. I actually tried to join the military when I was in college when the Gulf War broke out, and they said, no, thanks. I had a B C average and they said, you know, you'll never be officer materials and no, thank you, but we'll get perfect for Congress but the military.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 11: But but I represent the largest army base in the world, the greatest patriots who've ever lived. I'm their voice, and so I don't pretend that I'm one of them. But I am honored that now is my chance to serve. I get to be their voice. I get to make sure they get the things they need. And it's a huge honor for me to be able to do this. But I don't pretend I'm something I'm not.
Speaker 1: What was Walls like serving because you know, I broadcasted Minnesota before I came to North Carolina twelve thirteen years ago, and I remember Walls.
Speaker 2: I met.
Speaker 1: Walls was the first congratulate the Congress. The first congressional race I recovered because I was covering gilgutenex race in the first district down there, who had served a long time and he got flipped by walls in a red district, and I remember thinking this guy was fake at that moment. And then all the scandals that people just heard were scandals that were breaking in Minnesota at the time, and it never really permeated. I'm just curious. I didn't have a lot of one on one time with this dude. Did you work with him when he was in Congress? Did you know him?
Speaker 11: I knew him, and he's an affable guy. I mean, he's likable, but he's goofy and no one took him seriously. I mean he was not so whey you think of that you know, was consequential or you know, was always coming to you with ideas of things we ought to work on together. Uh he was, you know, he was this liberal kind of you know, not serious person.
Speaker 1: Let me uh, let me transition over to this. Even with the fun and the vests and the photos and all this, we got some real serious issues. And even though I saw them try to use it to flip around on Trump, where they're just like he wants to deport people. You Puerto Ricans should be scared. One that's a pack who doesn't understand how Puerto Ricans are able to freely move across the country. But two, I don't want to get away from the fact that there's a lot of you call it dirty work, it's very emotional work that has to get done. So we can have fun with vests and garbage trucks. But the fact remains our migrant crisis issues, illegal immigration and everything. Do you still believe that is the number one thing out there, coupled maybe with the economy, and do you think what is your understanding having spent time with Trump that day one he is going to do. Forget what the media says he's going to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 11: The fact is Donald Trump is going to win this election. And the reason is because he's talking about the issues that the American people are concerned about. I mean, real people are hurting right now because the cost of things driven by inflation, which is driven by Kamala Harrison and Joe Biden's policies, and and that is the reality. Uh, the border is open. UH crime is on the rise because of it. Fenting on deaths are happening in every community in America because of it. That is the reality the American people are dealing with, and they're sick of it and they want change. And the Democrats can't talk about it because their policies caused these problems, and so all they can do to win this election is distract the American people. Why to the American people? I mean, you know, I'm running all the different campaigns for Congress around the country. Every single one of these competitive races has the exact thing cookie cookie cutter ads running saying insert name Republican congressman is going to throw you in jail if you get an abortion.
Speaker 5: I mean, and.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that, Congressman? Are you got a paddy wagon so you can do your Trump moment? Is that happening?
Speaker 11: It's just not true, and the American people aren't buying it, and uh and and and the other reality is Donald Trump is you know, the views that that comedian said that the the event do not reflect Donald Trump's views, and the American people know it. Donald Trump is going to get a larger share of Latino voters than any Republican candidate in history, and that's why he's going to win. That's why these billy attacks don't work.
Speaker 1: Not only that he's going to he's probably going to have the majority Latino vote in some states and Nevada might be one of them, which obviously is that's bonkers man. That's just you've sat in those rooms with you know, when you're up obviously you're up for election again, but as goes the House every two years. But like when you're talking about an eighth of a percentage point here and maybe ten thousand voters there and their ability to literally flip like gubernatorial elections and then under one hundred thousand for president, it's that much movement when you're talking about in places like Nevada we saw in Florida with Latinos last time around, should be indicative of better results. Yet Trump isn't the president right now. So how nervous are you that if we see those bell weathers going to Trump again, if we see that Latinovo flipping into Vada or Florida, that people are not people are going to be rightfully questioning and some are going to step over a line. It's just the reality of having three hundred and thirty million people how nervous are you? And then the flip side, if Trump wins, do you think we're going to see some US cities on fire? What is your nervous level, what is your hopefulness?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, I'm nervous about what the Democrats will do when Donald Trump wins, because we saw what they did in the summer when they were burning cities across America. I worry about that. But you know, I think you're making a good point about Hispanic voters. I mean, let me tell you. We have a district down in the Rio Grand Valley of Texas where our candidate Myra Flores won a special election and then lost in twenty twenty two. This is a district where Hillary Clinton won by thirty percentage points, but then Joe Biden only won it by fifteen percentage points. And now the poland shows Donald Trump could win this district, this majority Hispanic, longtime Democrat district in Texas, and Myra Flora is in a tie with the Democratic tumbment. And so it's incredible to see Hispanic voters embracing Donald Trump, embracing the Republican Party. And I think it's because we're talking about the issues that matter to them, we're talking about the cost of living, we're talking about securing the border, we're talking about crime. The Hispanic voters are turning into Republican voters because the Democrats are not talking about the issues they care about.
Speaker 1: They're thinking about. Granted, yeah, if you're a Hispanic voter and you're not here illegal because people fail to draw this line. The news will say they'll not delineate between legal and illegal. But if you're a Hispanic voter, chances are you have a higher propensity that you're Catholic or Christian in some way. That's just the reality of the stats. And you got eyeballs, and you're also looking around going, wait a second, I went through this whole process. We're here legally. Why are there one hundred more people competing for where my kid goes to school or where I work or any of the rest. And it's like, we got to stop. I think it's dumb. I understand for polling purposes they want to delineate demographics, but it's dumb. Your Hispanic neighbor across the street, who maybe works where you work and has the same number of kids, and they go to school at the same place. Everything that's hitting you is hitting them as well. So I don't think it's a no brainer, Congress, But I'll give you the final word.
Speaker 11: I think you're exactly right. And I think, you know, the Democrats they want to put everybody you want to in some kind of group. They want to separate us, and and they think work. You know, every Hispanic is the same as every other Hispanic. It's just not true. The Republicans, we believe in the individual u and you know, but Franklin, we've done a bad job in the past of communicating with the other groups. You know, Donald Trump will will bring together more African Americans, more Hispanic Americans. He had Arab Americans in Michigan endorse him this week. Oh yeah, you know, it's incredible to see the coalition that he's putting together. And but what's exciting to me is once Donald Trump wins, what are Republican Congress and Donald Trump can do to secure the border, to bring down inflation, to turn this country around, and get us back on the path to prosperity. It's exciting.
Speaker 1: It was just worth it watching MSNBC after the endorsement up in Michigan, watching them just lose their mind. All right, Congressman, I appreciate it. We're out of time, but let's I know, let's talk after the election and if things start catching on fire craziness Ensue's okay, Yeah, I'd love to talk.
Speaker 11: Look four days, seventeen hours and what fourteen minutes until the election. Get out there and vote.
Speaker 1: Look at that Congressman Richard Hudson doing his imitation of the show. Rent appreciate it, Thank you, sir. I have a good one, all right, raced agic he's here to do his impression of Oh Jeff Marr. That's right, Ray doesn't work ever, Jeff Maher here is raised above all of us. Yeah, what a nice I was just gonna take three days off. Good for him, all right, Jeff, what's your turning the barrel? Although he didn't leave you off too badly?
Speaker 10: No, no, nice and warm for Halloween. The record high for today's eighty five. We'll get awfully close to that mark, topping out in your eighty three with sunshine and wins out of the southwest, and for the trigger treads heading out tonight, dry conditions and light winds if clouds are moving with an overnight load near sixty still warm, tomorrow, clouds will spread in with a high eighty. There will be a slight chance for a shower tomorrow night with a front moving through as the low drops a sixty one color behind the front with clouds Saturday and behind your seventy and the clearing takes place Sunday with hind your seventy one. Temperatures warm back up mid seventies Monday, and around eighty for a high by next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right, look at that. So whatever you do, if you're going to the bars Halloween parties downtown, make sure very light costumes. Ladies don't want to Overdress's gonna be very warm. So all right, thank you Jeff for me to sleazily hauld that. In coming up, we'll tell you the story of Peanut. It's not a good story, but it is a bureaucracy run a muck story. And we'll get into our little nerd correspondent conversation. Steven Ken will join us. That's eighth, five lots to get to case O Day radio program. All right, thank you to the Congressman for joining us for a few minutes. I didn't get to get into some of the hurricanes stuff, even though it's not really his district, but we will be.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: We got to get him on more often because he doesn't get all stuffy when I make dumb jokes, so it is very self serving, but we'll work on that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into a conversation with Steven Kent our dird corresponded, and video games obviously will be a part of it. Ross was just telling me about an exciting new feature and we'll Oh god, we're gonna play the okay perfect. The game in this case is called Dragon Age the Veil Guard. Don't I don't know anything really about this game, but now I know from seeing this I probably don't want to play it. Is this where we are now? You couldn't get enough woke scolding in and movies and music and everything else, So now we're gonna get into woke scolding in the video games, even when it makes no sense. Also, our dragon's non binary. I don't know the answer, but maybe Stephen can fill us in on that, so we'll chat with him. We got to talk about the Madden debacle and if you saw a Nazi in a video game, and in the video game your job was to kill the Nazis, whether it's with guns or whips? Do you want to go old school? Would you assume that the manufacturers of the game. Would you assume the manufacturers of the game or glorifying Nazi ideology? No, you'd have to be stupid, right, Well, guess what we have. We've reached that level of stupid. So we'll chat with Stephen about all of that, and also we'll figure out who he was. I'm assuming when he's all this traveling, he's doing this because he's doing wet work across the world, and it is Thursday. We get to do well, we didn't get to do this last week because he was off doing wet work in Europe or something. Steven Kent are NERD corresponding entertainment guy. How you doing, sir? I'm assuming that I'm doing too right? Oh yeah, yeah, it's a very very bond esque No, seriously, where'd you go? You went to, like Spain or something?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: They deployed me around the world to fight for consumer issues, and most recently was Spain. You know, fine country, good people. Most I assume.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I thought there was a butt. I didn't know if you had because I don't know if you know this in part where'd you go? You went to Madrid? Though, right?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So have you get over to Have you ever been to Barcelona or any of the couple of the other little areas.
Speaker 5: On that now, But I think I would prefer to go to Barcelona next time. Madrid was unimpressive and the police didn't like me very much for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you have that look about you, like you know you're up to see. Here's the thing about Spain. I think Spain is gorgeous, but Spain has like, especially when you get over to a lot of the big tourist areas are in around Barcelona, like they have a real problem with tourists. And I don't want to get you in trouble over there, but it's it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I heard somebody point out to Europe that at the end of the day, they're Epcot now, but they're the big Epcot and they need to just fall in line. I don't know if I'll go quite that aggressive, but they have. Like they had a woman there who was running around spritzing. She was organizing people online to use spray bottles to spritz tourists like you do your cat when you want to leave something alone.
Speaker 5: And then her daughter, yeah, unhinged activity.
Speaker 1: And she's a big business person and her daughter was one of the two they got the book thrown at him for their louing themselves to shut down the road's climate protests, and she flipped out. So look at that all this, so you know, they got a kind of a stick in their button some instances anyway, But I want to let's stick a little closer to home. Ross was explaining this to me because I am not a Dragon Age player. I don't know if you are, so I'm not. I don't know the totality of everything that brought us here. But obviously a bunch of people are excited with the new dragon Age with the Veil Shield or whatever it's called game, which breaking into the controversy. Tell me, what's your are, how big is this game? And what's the history here?
Speaker 5: Well, dragon Age Vail Guard. I mean, Ross can probably tell you a lot more about it than me. But you know, we're talking about a game with an eighteen percent approval rating on its Google stored downloads. It's by BioWare, and you know, the Dragon Age franchise is pretty well known and well established with gamers, but like most games in this genre, it's it's sort of in decline. But again, we're talking about a game that has like Hans Zemma on the soundtrack, So okay, it's not like it's not like they put it's not like they put no money into.
Speaker 1: This, all right. So with that, well, that's what's making all of these failures that much more spectacular. Whether it is I kind of forget the name of the game over there in Japan, the crap of the bed, and then of course the whole Ninja Assassin controversy with Assassin's creed, but like, the bigger, the better. I saw their interviewing the dude who was the director for Dustborn, and he said that it was a rousing success. So they're not even dealing in reality.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: So what did Dragon Age do that got them an eighteen percent rating by fans? Well?
Speaker 5: Oh, man, we where do we begin?
Speaker 1: So we're gonna play the audio. I'm gonna play the audio and then please perfect all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: The laws of Fortune have Tashi's back.
Speaker 12: Oh Tash isn't the first non binary member of the Lord.
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 12: It was a little before your time, but Horlick's was one of ours. Humh, Bustard looked better than I did, and address all pants and out of them too.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a parody. I'm gonna keep playing. This sounds like a parody. I assure you. It's not any reason you.
Speaker 3: Can't just apologize.
Speaker 12: Sometimes people say ooh sorry and hope that fixes it, but they just want to get the whole thing over with.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I know.
Speaker 12: But pulling a barth you sweat a little makes you think about as a little more shows the other person.
Speaker 3: You mean it, or what if they mean it when they say they're sorry, though, And that's the other.
Speaker 12: Reason some people mess up and get all dramatic. They make it about them. Oh you know, I didn't mean it, right, I never do that on purpose. They feel so bad about it that it's on everyone else to smooth it over and make them feel better.
Speaker 1: All right, So what is the high crime that they're discussing there in this tale of Dragons, lords and elves?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Misgendering?
Speaker 5: Somebody, yes, and a barb is doing push ups, So you know you miss gender? You miss gender? Someone an elf or a pirate or something like that, and uh, instead of apologizing, you do push ups in order to demonstrate demonstrate your your sorrow over what you have done.
Speaker 1: That's weird because I remember in China they used to have a thing like this where if you were sorry that you didn't fall in line with the Communist party, you could do work. Well, we're in a giant dunce at while people screamed at you. And then if it didn't go, well, they just killed you. Anyway, was it like me?
Speaker 5: Why do that when we have when we have nine tail whips, you can just whip yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's that's that is fair? How how how much?
Speaker 9: How?
Speaker 1: How sorry do you want to appear to be in front of your your lord's and betters. Here's the crazy about cutscene skipper? Are you a cut scene skipper?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I am too. So I don't know, maybe I've missed a lot of this, but please help me out. Is this the loan of reason people are upset? Or is there other stuff going on? I don't really know.
Speaker 5: I mean this stuff sort of rises to the surface in the social media era, where you've got people kind of clipping. Usually the thing about a game that is the most outrageous. But here's my hint. Okay, here's my hint. There's probably more going on here this dialogue. If you go find this scene, you can find it on Twitter. Case and the team just posted it there on their Twitter account, and the dialogue is almost word for word what my human resources department makes us watch every two years to get certified for harassment training. I mean, this video is taking the script of very boiler plate c suite HR videos.
Speaker 11: You know, the old cringey stuff.
Speaker 5: You had to watch before your yeah, with bad actors and all that stuff about how to deal with pronouns workplace, how to do apologies. So if this scene is written by the HR department, how many other scenes are written by the HR department instead of creative people.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But if you ever micro aggressed a dragon, I would I would not do that. Probably don't want to micro aggress a dragon.
Speaker 3: In Casey, you mentioned about skipping cut scenes. You can't do this because it's an RPG.
Speaker 6: This is in it.
Speaker 3: You have Oh my gosh, you have tree branch conversations that you have to choose. Oh, this is part of like an integral part of the game.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so much worse. I thought it was a cut scene. Oh my gosh. No, and I hate the conversation. Even though I kind of like those kinds of games, sometimes some of those cut scenes get are just slogs, are not structured, right, So in the middle, this little easter egg gets tossed in my face. No, thank you?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I mean this is this is a scene you can't you can't opt out of. This is integral to your decision making.
Speaker 1: If you have a hammer, walk you through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I asked this question a thousand times. It's like, let me give you another little nuanced thing. So you saw the India What's up with the Indiana Jones new game?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So if you don't know, it's called what the Great Circle? Indiana Jones in the Great Circle, which, by the way, I saw somebody already has a conspiracy video out about how that's illumininati Illuminati thing, so you know that's fun. But anyway, in the game, Indiana Jones is facing, among others, his usual enemy Steven. What is Indiana Jones is or who is Indiana Jones's typical enemy? If you took the.
Speaker 5: Time, Oh, I know this one, I know this one not I hate these na.
Speaker 1: Oh you hate those guys. But you know, maybe that's not clear, So how are they going to make it clear? Developers of Indiana Jones in the Great Circle have included a disclaimer in case you were to get confused. Are you ready for this? So the disclaimer basically, uh, here we go. It says that Nazis quote should not or the occlusion of Nazis in the game should not be in any way construed to condone, glorify, or endorse their ideology. Where was this during Wolfenstein?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm you read my mind. The Wolfenstein controversy.
Speaker 1: About Qualtica used.
Speaker 5: M yeah, I mean this. This basically became a problem with World War two shooter games, particularly multiplayer games, where a lot of game developers were noticing that players preferred to play on the axis side in you know, games like Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, preferred to play as Nazi snipers or German officers. And the reason is is really not that coded. It's not because America is still old with Nazi sympathizers. It's because their uniforms are pretty sharp.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: And also the thing, if if I'm playing a game out yeah, if I'm playing a game out and I want to be able to reply, what replay value your game, allowing me to approach it with different missions or from a different side. They take Normandy for example, Now we can we can talk about the appropriateness of putting any of this out. They obviously did have to deal with that, but just from a pure pure game mechanics standpoint, let's take Normandy. Right, there is a there is a there is a whole aspect to being the guys in the boats to the guys in the pill boxes. Right if you remove every you know, all the historical there and so like, But it doesn't mean they want to start a new Reich and uh and and yet we have to disclaim that that's the case.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know, I've played a couple of World War Two games where you know, German officers and in German military bases. Uh, the red flag is blurred in the middle, or the swastika is a black triangle, or they substitute the iron the German iron cross. That's usually the most normal one that they do, because that you know, has roots back to World War One. But they pretty much just fudge history to get rid of the swastaka, and I believe in in Germany, I believe it is illegal. I think it is against the law to make games uh and to display the swastika. So like the US is an outlier in that sense. But you know, obviously we know why we feel differently about it here versus there.
Speaker 3: The reasoning, the reasoning too is much simpler. It does doesn't have to go as deep as that, because I played like Call of Duty World at War back in the day, and the simple answer is the weapons were better. The MP forty in the game was better than the Thompson.
Speaker 1: It was well, that was the tale of That was the tale of World War Two in a lot of instances, whether it was the zo row on the Japanese side, and what did we do? We went all right, and we innovated and then we kicked their ass. I mean, yeah, k the.
Speaker 5: KA R nine D eight German German rifles better than the M one. The M one could shoot quicker, but it was very an actorate.
Speaker 1: But how how far does this have to go? Like should does Ralph Findes need to hold a pressor today to apologize for that time he dressed up as among golf?
Speaker 5: I mean, you don't apologize.
Speaker 1: You do a bar Oh excuse me, excuse me? Does he have to do a barb?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I mean, where where are we going with this? Nobody thought that Ralph Fines is a big fan of guys who run Nazi death camps. But he nailed it. But what a what a in Chindler's list? What a character man like? I was terrified And I don't know, but he's not glorified. He's not glorifying the dude. And and you're you're treating us like children? But you know what, what would you expect you?
Speaker 11: Here?
Speaker 1: Here's another example of this, uh the And I want you to approach this from a gamer perspective. You're seeing this and you tell me if it moves the needle? Did you see the video game insanity by the Harris campaign over the last week, there's two distinct incidents. One now mad Madden, right Madden? You saw the stunt with balls and AOC playing Madden?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 1: Are you home?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm so excited I get to tell you this. So as part of a stunt, Tim Walls, the VP nominee obviously with Harris and aoc Acasio Cortes. The congresswoman decided on Sunday, in the middle of NFL football, they were going to have a special event where they streamed themselves playing Madden because they need to get more male voters, and obviously the best way to reach out to younger male voters is to do an event in the middle of NFL Sunday football. Right, But it's probably a good thing because they decided to play Madden and nobody scored. Nobody could figure out how to score. They was so bad.
Speaker 5: Man, So like, this is this is miraculous. What is that I'm watching? I'm watching the Walls video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the cove ever he's a former coach, posts something along the lines of AOC puts a scheme. She's on offense. I just want to be clear. She schemes a mean pick six. Nobody schemes a pick six on offense. Well, the Jets do. But other than that, that's when.
Speaker 5: You betray your team or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's everything's so dumb. And then not to be out dumbed, Kamala Harris decided that she was going to do a Fortnite event. I'm not sure if you saw this. Fortnite the the the Battle Royale Shooter your kid loves. In fact, so many kids love it. That kid in Greensboro during the tornado when his neighbor's house went up, didn't stop playing because there was only three people left. I remember running his audio. It was amazing. So she goes in do that and except they have their own new Fortnite map called Freedom Town, USA. And guns are banned in Freedomtown, USA map in Fortnite, the guns you can't use guns?
Speaker 5: Do they eat the cats and eat the dogs there too?
Speaker 1: Howdo you do guns in Fortnite? I'm not a big Fortnite guy, but explain it to me, Like I'm two, I have thirty seconds. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 5: Meghan the Stallion is probably the mayor of this town. What a dystopia.
Speaker 1: By the way, they only got four hundred, four hundred people playing during the event, So she's there. Obviously not nobody's shooting anybody.
Speaker 5: She's cooked, Casey, she's cooked, and everyone knows it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry we're bouncing around today. There's just so much weird stuff rather than one big thing. But I appreciate it. Are you gonna be here next week? After the with the country gets set on fire from election results.
Speaker 5: Or I will be in the bunker after having boarded up all my windows.
Speaker 1: And uh and good luck to you. By the way. We'll explain that next week, but for now we've got a roll. Stephen Kent, appreciate it, and we'll be back there. You. Uh. This poor old man finds himself being accosted by a biker gang and it doesn't go well for the bike for the bikers. Yeah, and by biker gang, I don't mean some one percent. I mean the dudes pimping FedEx in their bicycling outfits. Here's the thing. I know that people get into the whole car versus bicycle thing. I really don't care. I just don't under why is it that everyone dresses like they're in the Tour de France. I get the logoing stuff, but like that always kind of was like and it just sounds like it has to be expensive, is the thing. But hey, it's an expensive sport and you want to spend your money, So be it that being said, this these this group of bikers, there's three of them are and I don't know what prompted the disagreement, but they have some how found themselves face to face with slightly younger Charlie well everything slightly younger, but younger Charlie Daniels. And like the one dude, the one bicyclist who's kind of I don't know, he kind of seems to be the dude in charge because he's telling the other ones what to do. His buddy gets pushed because his buddy gets right in Charlie Daniel's face. It's not actually Charlie Daniels, but you'll see what I mean when you see the video. And Charlie Daniels g was him a little push like, boy, don't mess with me. You don't want none of this. And it was that moment where the biker or the bicyclist remembered third through fifth grade when his mom made him go to karate or something and he thought he could execute an MMA kick on the dude.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: No, you can't too. Dude didn't move, Charlie Daniels didn't move, and this guy missed. And then I noticed Charlie Daniels didn't flinch either. We even though a foot did come about six inches from his face, but the velocity was lacking. I don't know what happened after that. But if I got a pick, who's gonna win that, My money's on Charlie Daniels Ross Team Charlie Daniels on this one, I'm assuming I.
Speaker 3: Mean yeah, because I mean, first off, he beat the devil, right he did.
Speaker 1: He did do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but famously the way he doesn't flinch. I just imagine he's going to go back to his house and dig some tunnels and just sit in his porch and wait.
Speaker 1: First, I think he's gonna sit in his living room in view of his shadow box from his Vietnam service of nine tours, right, and then go dig the tunnels.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, that boy he used to be best with. These three don't stand a chance, and feasibly they should stand a better chance because they're wearing protection. They were in head protection and stuff. It's so it's the most beta video of the day and we have it there for you at Casey on the radio. You can go check that out. All right. So, as you know, like a lot of places, although they do their own unique things, the state of New York is dealing with some stuff. They got a shrinking population folks exiting a lot of those folks, high dollar folks, like I don't know. Donald Trump's a good example, and that's a big, little, big chunk there out of your tax revenues, and it is impactful. You have the migrant insanity, you have Midtown Manhattan which has been turned into Little Venezuela. And it's fine if you want to help, but people who are in this country who need help are looking at it going what is this. People in North Carolina I just watched their house float away are looking at this going, what the hell's going on? What do I get seven hundred and fifty dollars and they get a midtown Manhattan apartment? What are we doing here? But you'll be happy to know they've solved all those problems and now New York is able to turn the attention of state bureaucrats toward it's important stuff like the seizing and execution of Peanut. Do you guys know who Peanut the squirrel is? I have no idea, But also what I don't really follow a lot of meme animals. I think we talked about this yesterday, Like I do who Grumpy Cat was. Other than that, I don't know. So Peanut is a squirrel that lives with this dude who actually is from Connecticut initially. All right, guy's name is Mark Longo. Seven years ago, long ago, when he was living in Connecticut, he said, in front of his house, he walked out and he saw a squirrel that had been hit by a car. And then he sees something moving and he realizes, oh man, there's a baby squirrel over there too, and that's probably its mom. So he scoops up the baby squirrel they call him Kits, and brings him inside. He had been out there a little while, had to kind of nurse him back to health, and once he got to full size, pinut didn't want to go anywhere, and so he continued to live with this guy, this Mark guy, for seven years, which I don't know how long a squirrel lives. That's probably pretty good for a squirrel. And Longo started to take pictures of Peanut just doing you know, squirrel stuff around the house. Very affectionate. Loves frozen waffles also, and he grew a social media following to the point where the squirrel I think has two million followers, and the revenue started to flow in, and rather than just buying himself a new lambou and doing all that stuff, Longo, who claims he is an animal lover, said that he was going to open an animal rescue and so he took that money that was from peanuts ad revenue and he moved to Elmira, New York. Where's Elmira? Is that down by like rybym and stuff?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 1: Why do I think that is? It's not Elmira's not in New York City proper though, right, it's outstate New York. I think, okay, all right, I just want to be clear because he's not in the middle of Manhattan. He's out where I don't say it's normal, but it's normalish, Okay. So he's got the channel. They started rescuing animals. He's got this piece of property. They invested a bunch of money, he did fundraisers, did donations, started a five O one C three peanuts freedom farm and everything was going along and till the weekend, so he gets a knock on his door and its officials from the state of New York as well as the county in which this is, and they are there to seize his animals. His animals, by the way, include peanut and he had over that time also had a raccoon whose mom was killed, or of his mom was killed, but they couldn't find his parents. Baby raccoon that lives there. Now I understand that there's state laws as it pertains to raccoons there. But they came in and they seized both and then told long ago that the animals will have to be euthanized. So the state of New York went in to this house seized a squirrel that has two million followers that's just on Instagram. Okay, so no, no, no, that is a combination. Still still still, still still and they're just gonna take it and grease it. What is how do you bureaucracy into that? How do you how do you feel? How are you comfortable enough going in to seize a squirrel? A squirrel, by the way, you don't even have to put in a carrier because it'll run up your arm judging by these videos, and you're like, oh, yeah, that's nice squirrel. Yeah, we're gonna have to execute that squirrel in New York. With everything else you got going on, this is what you have priority to. If you never needed an indication that you're you are paying way too much in taxes that are being used for way too stupid things. Uh, it's it's gonna be the plight of peanut here. Or don't get me wrong, I got no love one way or the other for squirrels. But still, who gets who volunteers for that? Also, who's sitting there in the raw rah meeting at the state office like, well, here's what we're gonna do. You know, hey, you know that's and and by the way, here's where it gets even worse. Apparently, over the last few months, animal rights people have been all up in this guy's business, saying you can't have these things. And it's just like, I just I just did a five O one C three, I opened a rescue thing. What's the problem? They're like, you can't do that? So he got docks And the allegation is is that some of the people threatened to do or not docs but report him. They did a mass reporting of him. And they also feel that there's that somebody who was part of coming in and raiding his house as a member of one of these groups or something. So they use the power of bureaucracy and the pitchfork mob to come in and kill the internetslebrity squirrel, cause why wouldn't you and it is those mob actions that are very effective. How many of you have a birdwatch level Twitter account? And if you don't know what that is, so Birdwatch is the group is the accounts. Our show account is one of them, My personal is not. And they're the ones that are authorized to write community notes. And I just remember when they were asking what accounts wanted it, I submitted the show account, but I submitted my personal account, but not the show. They did the one and then the proved the other was so weird. But but I wanted to be on there, and I was right to do so, because what you can't see, you only see community notes once they show up. I see them through all stages of voting, and it is abundantly clear that ninety nine percent of community notes are clearly people who want to put an opinion in it's not about facts, and they didn't want to do it in the comment and want to influence your ability to discuss it, and so they go ahead and they do this.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: They just found out that Kamala Harris's had followers, not followers, but campaign people had organized a group of individuals who were tasked every time a something that was positive for Kamala got community noted or something that was really negative for Trump, like Kamala HQ accounts. It would snap this slack channel into action, and all these people who had birdwatch accounts would go in and manipulate community notes, either to keep them off or to undermine something Trump was doing. And so they were essentially doing the mass organizing, mass reporting. I'm happy that they were caught doing it because this is a blind spot that Elon Musk, I know, he's got a lot going on, has never addressed the absolute abuse of community notes. That's why you don't see them as much as you think you should. And it's also why you see them tempting community notes on really innocuous stuff because they overwhelm the system. If you click notes that you don't show, there's usually like fifty of the damn things. If it's a big, big, big story, and they just organ they weaponize, the manipulation of information. They were willing to do that, and they seemingly don't care that you know that they were trying to weaponize and manipulate information. It's it's crazy to me now, Jeff Barr, he just gives you the straight facts. That's what they do over the weather Channel, and we appreciate that. And the facts are it's probably going to be aoka for your kids out trick or treating today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it'd be great for trick or treaters. Dry conditions, light winds, and certainly some above average temperatures as we head through this Halloween. The record high today's eighty five will get close to that, climbing up to eighty three during the afternoon with sunshine and wins out of the southwest. For the trick or treaters venturing out tonight, a partly cloudy sky, winds will stay light overnight, the lowell hover and you're sixty Tomorrow. Clouds will increase with the high You're eighty approaching front may result in an isolated shower tomorrow night with the low sixty one behind the front, cooler into the weekend cloud Saturday behind your seventy. Clearing takes place on Sunday, with behind the low seventies and mid seventies Monday, before you approach eighty again by next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, I appreciate it. You with us tomorrow, right, I am a date and talk to you about all right, we'll talk ton Jeff mar for The Weather Channel and Jeff Bellinger for Bloomberg Next.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Casey, and Happy Halloween. The government numbers machine cranked up a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Got some new data for you.
Speaker 13: Americans' personal incomes increased three tenths percent last month. Consumers spending was up half a percent in September. Within this income spending report is the inflation gauge favored by the Fed. It shows that prices overall ticked up two tenths percent and the index was up two point one percent from September of last year. Good news about the labor market. New claims for unemployment benefits fell by twelve thousand to two hundred and sixteen thousand last week. Automotive News reports Forward's going to suspend production of its F one fifty Lightning pickup from the middle of next month through the end of the year. Demn for the electric vehicle has been soft. That machinist strike goes on at Boeing, but management and union leaders are still talking. That's the good news. The union issued a statement last night saying it's going to keep negotiating with Boeing until it has a resolution to present to members middle income. Households had a little more spending power last month than they did in August, according to Primeerica. The bank says a sharp drop in gasoline prices was the main reason for a modest uptick in its household budget index. And Casey, the new boss at Starbucks, shared his vision for the company in his first address to investors since he took over. Brian Nichol said the chain has to focus on coffee first and foremost and improve service times. His goal is to get drinks to instore customers in four minutes or less and have online orders filled on time. Nicol also said US prices will be held steady and Starbucks will stop charging extra for non dairy milk.
Speaker 1: Casey, but if it cost them extra, why would Okay, did we irritate the oak milk crowd? Is that what happened oak milt currently? So there was some protest over it. Who cares what a bunch of oak milk people think? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 13: Starbucks doesn't want to lose their business.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, all right, well, thank you very much. Appreciate it. Jeff, Okay, have a good day. Yeah, I'm sorry. I understand there's probably people who are lactose and towerant who it's unfair to pick off. But as a collective, I kind of like going back to the video of angry Charlie Daniels and the three bicyclists, like that's the oak Milt crowd. Why my money's on Charlie. Watch out, man, it's got some tricks.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's all right, So let me just like, I know, Roger, you're not a gambler, but I want I'm curious your thought on some odds I want to throw out because here's here's the greatest thing that all the trump truck a truck, trash truck, and all the garbage conserversy, here's the greatest thing that it is accomplished. And this is why subconsciously, men out there are really, really, really fans of this, because three things have happened in the last few days for dudes to insta Halloween costume and it will be so easy, and we appreciate that. I know that your significant others she got oh, I saw a couple's costume, and it's only going to take three thousand dollars and fifteen hours to a cent like you don't. I'm glad you're excited. I don't want that. Most guys want to keep it simple. We're not dressed up. So now, if you have access to a trash bag, if you have access to a high visibility vest or you could probably get away. You could probably mock up like an orange hunting vest. Okay, you're good, You're ready to go. And if you've got access to a Yankees jersey, you can be the guy who tried to steal the ball. Well, did steal the ball, but I'll stay away from that. For Ross's sake, just the first two. Do you know how many Ross over under on the number of dudes who are gonna be crawling around on Glenwood Avenue, Fourth Street in Winston, Almond, Greensboro, you know, all the all the Halloween let's go out and park number of dudes in vests and trash bags.
Speaker 3: Mark, you mentioned this yesterday. She said, what costumes do you think are going to be big? And off the top of my head, I said, trash.
Speaker 1: Trash, yeah, amazing. He's probably gonna turn into a tragedy. Somebody's gonna drink too much, pass out in a dumpster. Nobody's gonna see them. And then it's it's Action City.
Speaker 3: Didn they get tossed in a garbage truck? And then it's Trump's fault and they're like
Speaker 1: Oh, Trump was running the lever