Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I get is what vitamins should I take to improve my brain function? And the answer is none. There's no vitamin or supplement that you could take that's going to improve your brain function, prevent Alzheimer's dementia, improve your memory, your focus. Right, So if there was a magic pill medicine supplement that people could take to improve their memory, everyone would just take it and everyone would have a good memory. But there is no magic pill, so stop looking for it. You're not gonna be able to get you know, pavagen or something like that that's just gonna fix your brain. That's what people want, is the easy, quick fix. But that's not reality. Now, supplements can be dangerous, just like medicine can. So people think about the side effects of medication, but nobody talks about the side effects of supplements. En vitamins. Ninety nine percent of these supplements, they have contaminants, they have fillers, they have impurities. They're full of some sort of artificial flavor, some sweeteners, some food dye, some preservative, some crappy chemical that's in these pills. It's not natural. We're not living in the Jetsons where you just eat a pill for your breakfast. We have food. Start eating real food from the earth, not stuff that's in pills and cans and boxes and bags and processed. The closer to the Earth, the better. And don't take a multivitamin. I don't know why people take multivitamins and it's so popular. I remember as a kid everyone used to take those Flintstone vitamins. But those are full of sugar, food diving. It's literally just like eating candy. And they liked it because the kids loved it, and they the marketing made the parents think that they're giving their kids all their vitamins. But you don't need a multivitamin. If you want to get all your vitamins, the basic, simple way to do it is to eat each color of the rainbow. If you eat each color of the rainbow, you get all your nutrients. So every day eat something that's red. I don't care if it's a raspberry, a strawberry, an apple, a red pepper, a tomato. Just eat something that's red, and then you eat something that's orange, whether it's a carrot, sweet potato, salmon, an orange. And don't drink orange juice and think that's healthy. Juicing is not healthy. Juicing takes the way all the nutrients, all the fiber, and leaves you all the sugar. So if you want a juice in a healthy way, you actually juice. Pour out the juice and eat all the scraps. That's the best way to juice. Pour out the juice, eat the scraps. But it's much better to eat an orange than to have orange juice. It's much healthier to eat an apple than to have apple juice. That's too much healthier to eat celery than drink celery juice. All right, so stop juicing. Eat the food in its most natural form. And even when you eat a carrot, don't cut up the carrot. Eat the whole carrot, eat the whole celery stalk, take a big piece of lettuce. Don't cut everything up. Your digestive process starts from when you touch it, so don't use forks and knives either. Use your hands. Eat the food's whole, eat one ingredient foods, and to get all your nutrients, eat each color of the rainbow. Right. If you ate red orange, Now you gotta have some yellow. I have some squash, I have a banana, some califlower, some pineapple, right, yellow pepper, get that yellow in there. Green. Right, that's the easiest. You got cucumbers and celery, and spinach, and broccoli, and asparagus and artichokes. Right, a lot of good healthy green stuff. You got blue, blueberries and blackberries. You got purple. You got some purple leaf lettuce, got some eggplant, got plumb grape, got purple cabbage. There's plenty of option for all the different colors. Make sure you eat each color of the rainbow every single day, and you will never need a multi vitamin because you're getting all your nutrients all right, So be careful with taking vitamins. One of the most common vitamins that people take is calcium. And guess what. The most dangerous vitamin that people take is calcium. And doctors are going around telling people to take calcium. Now, you have to be aware that in medical school, doctors are not taught nutrition, so they may not be your best option for getting nutritional advice. You want to go to an expert. I am a brain expert. If you want to know anything about the brain, you come to see me. You're not going to go to a cardiologist for your brain questions. Now, your brain controls everything, all right. So if you're taking vitamins, but you don't have good absorption in your gut because your brain's not telling your stomach to produce stomach acid. Proper bacteria have the proper peristalsis, contractions, the lubrication, the enzymes, all the stuff that we need. Your brain controls your gastro intestinal system. But everyone's busy doing all these colonoscopy, these endoscopies. They're taken antibiotics and acids, tombs, rollaids, these protein pumps, inhibitors. I mean, there's all these inflammatory conditions of the GI track that is being treated inappropriately. Many medicines are just hiding symptoms. We don't want to hide symptoms. We want to get to the root cause of the problem. Sometimes supplements hide symptoms. If you have trouble sleeping, don't take melatonin because now the brain says, oh, you're supplementing melatonin. So I don't need to produce it on my own. So I'm gonna actually decrease the melatone and I produce. Now my sleep's gonna get worse. You gotta be very careful with how you approach your health. You gotta be careful taking all these supplements. You don't need a multi vitamin to get all your nutrients. You don't need melatonin to help you sleep. You don't need to take iron because you're anemic, or B twelve because you're a vegetarian. All these things that we're taught is incorrect. You should only take a supplement if you absolutely need it, and the way to know if you absolutely need it is to do blood work. But you need to see a functional doctor like myself who can let you know what's appropriate and what's not appropriate. You need a doctor with education, so you don't just start taking pills for no reason. The only reason to take a pill is because you're deficient. The only reason to supplement because your body isn't doing it for you. So I personally take a vitamin D supplement. It's a liquid called Ultra D five thousand that's in fat so it could get absorbed. There's four vitamins A, D, E, and K that are fat soluble and they all work together. So if you're taking D but you're not taking the A, the E and the K along with it, it's not gonna get absorbed. If you're taking D but it's not in fat, it's not gonna get absorbed if it's not in a proper ratio of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus biot's in. So all these things need to be put together in a specific formula for your vitamin D three to get absorbed. Nine percent of the supplements and vitamins out there aren't set up that way. That's why I only personally take the Ultra D five thousand from Apex Energetics, and I only suggest that to my patients, and I would only suggest that to my listeners as well. Now, the reason we need vitamin D in the winter is because we get vitamin D from the sun, and in the winter there's not a lot of sunlight and you're wearing long sleeves and you're covering your head and you're wearing not too much skin exposure. So that's for you're gonna check your vitamin D levels in your blood work, and if your vitamin D levels in your blood work are very low, then you need to supplement. So again, the only reason to ever take vitamins or supplements is because you look in the blood work and you find an abnormality that you need to work on until you could get it up in a natural and holistic way. But it must be analyzed by a functional doctor so you know exactly what you need to take, how long to take it for. Don't just guess and just read an article and say I'm going to take the supplement because I heard this is good for energy, or this is good for sleep, or this is good for memory. Don't do it. Everyone's an individual. You got to check your blood work, do a proper analysis, get an evaluation by a functional doctor, and that way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplin will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplin, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information. Function better, feel better, and live a better life.
Speaker 2: This is doctor Eric Aplin, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. In your lifetime, you're only allowed a certain amount of radiation before your body shuts down. Shuts down. It could actually create cancer, you can get sick, you can mess up your immune system on immune disease. It could create a lot of inflammation. So we're only allowed a certain amount of radiation in our lifetime. So you have to limit it as much as you can. And there's lots of areas where you could limit right, so you can, you know, not get so many dental X rays. You cannot stand in Starbucks for so long. When you're in Starbucks, It's like you're in a microwave because all the Wi Fi, all the radiation. Everyone's on their data plans, everyone's on their five G. They're just hanging out there. They're on their computers and their cell phones and their iPads. There's a lot of radiation when people just hanging out all in this one little coffee shop there. The airplanes have lots of radiation. You gotta limit your flying. Start driving more right so you know when you go to the airport, get the pack down. You know, when you go to the doctor. Don't always do all these X rays and cat scans and pet scans. And there's a lot of radiations everywhere. Your microwave, that's radiation. Your cell phone, that's radiation. You should always have your cell phone minimum six inches away from you at all times, and at night you want it six feet away from you. Then all these little Bluetooth devices they have radiation. You know, the AirPods for your ears to listen to your music, the Apple watches, you know, these little devices. The arid device is the swoop. You know these things. They measure whatever it is, your respiration and your heart rate and your sleeping patterns. But you're radiating your body. You got to limit your radiation. Stay away from electricity towers, stay away from cell phone towers, stay away from the big cities. There's a website, I think it's antennas dot Com. You could go and you could see how much antennas are near you, how many cell phone towers are near you, So you could see are you exposed to a lot of radiation? And you put it well within two miles, like how many towers are near me. It's pretty scary. You go into the middle of the country, you know you're in Kansas or you know, Idaho or someplace like that, there's very low amount of antennas and towers and stuff like that. You go towards the suburbs, it's a lot more. And when you go in the inner city it's ridiculous. So when you're in the inner city, it's just like a you're just constantly being radiated because there's so many people using all these devices, so many five G towers close together, so many electricity towers, there's so many antennas, there's so many you know, these boxes, there's so much Wi Fi, there's so much five G. I mean, it's crazy amount of radiation. So the more in seclusion you are, the more open space you are, the more in nature you are, the less radiation. You might have to think about moving out of the big city if you don't want all this radiation. Okay, so you got to make good decisions. You have to make healthy decisions. If you're on your cell phone, don't hold it next to your ear. Get a wire headphone set, not a Bluetooth device, but wire old school. Keep your phone six inches away from you, so you could be with your phone six inches away from you, have the wire connected and still talk and not get the radiation. If you are talking on your phone and your phone is near you, just turn off the Wi Fi. You don't need the Wi Fi, so don't add extra radiation. Only use your Wi Fi when you actually need it. You're downloading something, you're you know, on the internet. You know there's not a good cell phone signal, but your Wi Fi should be off most of the day. It's only when you don't have your cell phone signal, and then turn off your five G. Most cell phones have was setting where you could turn off five G and only use three G or four G, so they have a the regular landline is one G, you know, and that's when I was growing up. You'd have the phone that was attached to the wall with the long wire. That is one G. Then they invented the portable phones that's without a wire at all, but you still need a landline connection into the base. That's two G. Then the cell phones were invented where you don't need any plug, you're just using the signals there. That's three G. Then we started using you know, all the stuff for the Internet and stuff. Then it became four G. And now we're up to five G because they've won all this super speed. You know, to me, three G and four G were plenty fast. Five G is not that much faster. We don't need five G. It's just more radiation. So that's not good. And they're building these towers everywhere, and they build them usually you know, by the I know in New Jersey they're at the police stations and the firehouses and the schools and near all these government buildings. I wouldn't be surprised, you know if a few years from now we're gonna see all these police and firemen and all these jobs that are right next to the five G towers start to get a little sick because it's a lot of radiation. We're gonna be very very careful. Don't use your microwave oven. That's radiation. Microwaves are not safe and they kill all your food. They kill water. If you microwave water and then try and use that water for your plants or something like that, those plants will die. You don't utilize the nutrients if you microwave your food. And if you use plastics, even if it says microwaveable safe, it's not. Those plastics are leaking into the food. The plastics in the water bottles, they leak into the water. Stop using plastic, and definitely don't cook in the microwave with the plastic. The average American eats about a credit card size worth a plastic every year. We got to stop eating the plastics. They're endocrine disruptors. They mess up your hormones. It goes you to gain weight. You want to lose weight. Stop using plastic water bottles, Start using glass and stainless steel. Store all your food in glass or stainless steel. Cook with stainless steel. Don't use aluminum pans or a taflon or a non stick. Use stainless steel all right, don't use aluminum foil to cook with. Don't wrap stuff in aluminum foil. You can use the parchment paper, you know, those old school brown paper. You know. We have to start thinking, how can I reduce my radiation? How can I reduce my heavy metals, How can I reduce my chemical exposure? How can I reduce my plastics? Start making healthy decisions. There's so much stuff that you have no control over. So the stuff that you do have control over, start utilizing it. You gotta use glass over plastic, stainless steel over muminum. Make better decisions. Turn off your Wi Fi, turn off the five G. Don't take so many X rays and cat scans and pet scans. The pet scans have the most radiation out of all of them. Don't always do these mammograms for your breasts. If you want to check, do thermography, do digital use your hands. Just feel your breasts every day. Same thing for the men. Feel your testicles, feel your skin. You'll know what's good and what's not good. You gotta be old school doctors. Do a prostate exam. You don't necessarily need to do MRIs and use those contrast fluid Okay, there's so many natural, holistic, easy ways to analyze your health without using radiation, and then you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. Currently, right now, it is almost the shortest day of the year where we have the least daylight, right, and it's like, you know, five o'clock and it's already dark outside, right, so the sun's going down very early and there's less daylight. It's almost the shortest day of the year, the winter solstice. Now, the shorter the day is, the less sunlight, and the less sunlight, the less vitamin D and a lot of people get what's called seasonal affect disorder SAD, and that means people get depressed in the winter. So when you have less vitamin D, which is a hormone, it could actually cause depression. When you have less vitamin D, it can affect your thyroid, and your thyroid controls your hormones, so when you have a thyroid problem, it can affect your energy. A lot of people get fatigue, they might have difficulty losing weight, they might have dry skin, might have low energy, brain fog, headaches. They also might get some really greasy hair, and they might get heart palpitations, and they might get difficulties sleeping and anxiety and dizzyness and autoimmune disease, and so there could be a lot of different variety of symptoms when you have a thyroid problem, So why a lot of times it goes undetected because most doctors don't even check for that. Now, when you do blood work, and hopefully you do that at least on a yearly basis, you should check your thyroid. It's a very common condition and it's usually aggravated by autoimmune disease. So when you check your thyroid, it's necessary. You have to check what's called your antibodies. If you don't check your thyroid antibodies, you'll never know what type of thyroid problem you have. Because the most common thyroid problem is called hashimotos, which is an autoimmune disease. So it's not actually a primary thyroid disease, which would tend using medicine. That's not what we want. It's an auoimmune disease, which is an immune system problem where the body's attacking itself. So you always want to get to the root cause of your condition, so fix your immune system as opposed to taking medicine to balance out your thyroid numbers. So what it is is you don't need to take medicine if you have an aoimmune disease of the thyroid, which is called Graves disease of its hyper thyroid and hashimotos if it's hypo thyroid. Those are autoimmune diseases of the thyroid that need to be checked with blood work. So you do a full thyroid panel, including vitamin D, including your thyroid antibodies, including TSH, T three T four free T three free T four TI, all these things that we need to check. There's about ten different things TPO, the antibodies, the ab so we got to check all these things to get to the root cause. Is your thyroid coming from your petuitary? Is it a primary thyroid, is it a secondary? Is it an autoimmune? Is it a grave is it a hatshimotos? But we need to do a full thyroid panel to figure out what is the root cause. So I'm not the type of doctor that hides symptoms with pills and supplements and herbs. But I'm like a detective type of doctor. So I do a good analysis to figure out, Okay, where is the problem coming from. To get to the root cause, not just to hide symptoms with a band aid and have to take pills for the rest of your life, but actually educate patients and teach them where their problems are coming from, and then they can help themselves because the power that made the body heals the body, and a lot of time the dysfunction can come from a vitamin D deficiency. So vitamin D deficiency will cause thyroid problems, and thyroid problems can cause depression. Low vitamin D levels will also call that seasonal affect disorder that will cause depression. When you have low vitamin D levels, that has been proven that you could be more likely to get Alzheimer's disease. So a lot of people come to me with brain fog. They didn't want to improve their memory, improve their focus. Most of these people are vitamin D deficient, So you gotta check your blood work and don't take vitamin D from CBS, Whole Foods, Vitamin Chop GNC. You don't want to go to these mass produced companies where things aren't done with good quality control, where it's more about the bottom line, which is the dollar. So they're trying to make a few extra bucks. They're not actually trying to reverse any of the neurologic or hormonal conditions. They just want you to keep buying their d just the business, all right. I am a functional doctor. My job is to get you healthy, all right, and that's why, you know, I share this information with you, and we have you know, tens of thousand listeners every single week that tune in to learn how to improve their own health and well being. All right. We don't need doctors and pills and all these tests to sell our health conditions. What we need is education. We need to learn how can I heal myself, whether it's through nutrition or physical exercise or stress reduction. We're not living a sedentary lifestyle or hydration, increasing your water, or getting better sleep, getting more sunlight, getting all your nutrients, having better relationships, making progress in your life. If you have depression, the most important thing is progression. If you have depression, the most important thing is progression. So make progression in your life. Make progress with your health, start eating better, make progress with exercise, all right. Instead of walking a mile a day, walk one point two miles a day. Instead of doing ten reps of your bicep curls, do eleven reps, instead of you know, lifting fifty pounds, lift sixty pounds, instead of you know, jogging at the number six on the treadmill. Jog at the number seven. You've got to make progression. You know, read more books, go to church or temple more, Give more charity progression, Get more money, get a promotion, get a better job, position progression. Volunteer more, give to more charities, give more compliments. Progression in every aspect of your life. Learn more, learn learn a new language, learn some new math skills. Learn how to garden, Learn how to change a flat tire, learn how to make a fire, learn how to clean water. Make progression in your life. Don't keep doing the same thing every week. That is depressing. But when you start making progression, you start getting rid of depression. Gotta check your vitamin D levels if you have depression. If your vitamin D levels are low, that can cause depression. You gotta stop being in the dark. We need more light and it's hard in the winter, so sometimes they might have to supplement, but that's why you do your blood work. Vitamin D is probably the only supplement you'll have to take. When I see people in twelve supplements and vitamins. That's an issue that's not health. People think that that's healthy. You say, oh, I'm not taking any medicine, but I'm taking twelve supplements. If you're truly healthy, you don't need to take any pills. If you're truly healthy, you don't need to see doctors. If you're truly healthy, you don't need X rays and MRIs and cat scans and pet scans and ultrasounds and mammograns and pap smears and colonoscopies and endoscopies. We don't need all these tests. Start living more natural, start living from the earth. We don't need all these pills. And if you're depressed, don't take anti depressants. Bump up your vitamin D levels, Start exercising more, make progression. Drink a lot of water with Celtic salt to get absorbed. Your brain is like a grape. When it gets dehydrated, it shrivels up to a raisin. That's going to lead to depression. And in the winter people usually drink less water. It's another reason they get more depressed. And then they eat a lot more sugar that causes depression. They drink a lot more alcohol that causes depression. So the winter is a recipe for depression. Less vitamin D, less sleep, less water, more sugar, more alcohol, more stress. That will cause depression. So start living a life of joy and love of happiness and exercise more, drink more water, eat healthier food, get more sunlight, get your vitamin D levels up, take a vacation, go down south, make progression, and you can reverse depression so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplin Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplin, or visit caplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. Don't believe the lie that memory gets worse with age. That is not true. Your memory can improve with age. All you have to do is exercise your brain. Your bones can get stronger with age. All you have to do is do weight resistant exercise. Your muscles can get stronger with age, You just got to start going to the gym. Your posture can get better with age. You have to do posture exercises. This is not rocket science. If you want your memory to improve with age, you have to do memory exercises. If you want your muscles to get stronger, you have to do weights. If you want your posture to improve, you have to do posture exercise. If you want more energy, you have to stop living a sedentary lifestyle. If you want your vision to improve, you have to do eye exercises. Anything in your life can prove, but you got to work for it. So if you want to improve your vision, the best exercise is called the Brock string exercise. The Brock string exercises these different colored beads that are attached to a string, and you look at one that's close to you, and then a little bit further and a little bit further, and you could literally exercise your eye muscles. L So don't listen to all these people that say, oh, as you get older, your vision gets worse. As you get older, you get more joy and pains. As you get older, your memory gets worse. Lies, lies, lies. I'm here to tell you the truth that you could get healthier as you get older, but you gotta do the work. Nobody's gonna do the work for you. Nobody cares about your health more than you. So if you want to get healthier, you gotta do the work. There's no doctor that's gonna save you. There's no pill that's gonna fix you. There's no injection that's going to create all your health and well being. There's no iv and all of a sudden improves every aspect of your health. There's no magic pill. Stop looking for it. You gotta do the work. You want want to improve your posture, you gotta do posture exercise. You want to improve your vision. Do vision exercise. You want to improve your memory, do memory exercise. There's a test called the Mocha Test MOCA. That's the standard test that all of us neurologists do to see if you have any predisposition to Alzheimer's dementia. It's out of thirty and you want to get twenty six out of thirty. If you get a twenty six out of thirty while taking this Mocha test, then your brain's doing okay. If you're less than twenty six, that's not good. That means you're already having some brain issues and that could lead to dementia Alzheimer's. Now, remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So the three most important things to prevent Alzheimer's or dementia to improve your memory and focus are as follows. Number one novelty. You have to do new things every single day. Do something new that you've never done before. Number two is brain activation. You gotta challenge yourself. You gotta challenge your memory. Memorize people's phone numbers, memorize your grocery lists, memorize the address. Stop relying on Google and the GPS and YouTube for everything. Start using your brain. Start trying to use your memory more. Challenge yourself on purpose. Don't use all the technology. You don't want digital dementia where you get dumb because you're always relying on these smart devices. Start using your brain and start unplugging. Then you're gonna get stronger. And the third most important thing is fuel delivery. Good healthy diet. Making sure you eat each color of the rainbow, staying away from all the white foods, the sugar, the dairy, the wheat, the bread, the grains, process food stuff in boxes and cans and bags. Make sure you get your oxygen. Do your breathing exercise where you inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, exhale for eight seconds. Get your vitamin D get your sunlight, and then get your water. If your body weighing ounces, if you weigh two hundred pounds, you gotta drink one hundred ounces of water every single day. And you want to drink it on an empty stomach. And you want to put a pinch of Celtic salt so you get absorbed. You don't want to just drink the water and then pee it out. So those are the three most important things for your memory, novelty, doing new things, challenging your brain, exercising it, using your memory, and then giving a good fuel delivery, giving it the energy that it needs to function at the highest level. Those are the three most important things to improve your memory, and then natural and holistic way. Now, one of the things that you want to do is see am I predispose to a memory issue. So the Mocha test is your first test, and you could do that with a partner at home and just kind of test each other. There's different versions, version one or version two. Obviously you don't want to do you know, the same version over because the person who did the test the first time is going to do much better. So you do version one, version two tech text each other. If you're less than twenty six, you better give us a call here at KAPL and Brain and Body. We see people virtually now. We do it in our New Jersey offices, our New York offices. So make sure that you do this Mocha test to see how your memory is doing. Now, if you don't want to do that and you want to actually do a official neurologic test, the best test to check how your brain is function is called a q E brain mapping. During this test, you wear a cap and the cap has electrodes that attach to it, and these electrodes measure your brain waves, your alpha brain waves, your beta, theta, delta. Your alpha brain wave is just how you are normally during your regular daily routine. Your beta brain waves is when you need to really focus and think and you're studying, or you're giving a presentation, or you're speaking in front of an audience, or you're reading a book, or you're taking notes in a class. That's your beta. Your theta is when you're just daydreaming. You're in La la land, you're looking out the window, or you're just kind of out in the woods listening to the birds chirping and you're just kind of daydreaming off. That's your theta brain waves. And then your delta brain waves. That's when you're sleeping, when you're at rest, when everything needs to calm down and shut off. So this qEEG brain mapping measures all your different brain waves and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves will tell us why your brain isn't functioning right. I'll say, hey, this is gonna cause depression or anxiety. Where this will cause troubles with memory, whether it's long term memory, short term memory, whether it's your working memory. It's gonna say if you have sleep deprivation. It's gonna tell us do you have heavy metal poisoning, do you have a concussion, Do you have any pathogens in there? Do you have white matter inflammation. It's gonna measure whether you have low dopamine levels. It's gonna measure if you have low acetylcholine. It can even tell us if you have a thyroid problem, if you have intestinal inflammation. It can tell us you have a difficulty shifting task double motivation, balance problems, ringing in the ears, low energy. It literally analyzes your entire brain. It's non invasive, there's no radiation. It's normally five hundred dollars. But we're gonna give a gift to our listeners this week. For the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get this qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. The phone number to call or text is six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at kaplanbraininbody dot com. We're also gonna give another gift. It's called a VNG video nostography, And for this test, you wear these goggles and they have infrared cameras on them. They measure your different eye movements and right and left and up and down and slow and best and dark and light, all different directions, different speeds. It measures the imbalances of your ring and it tells us which parts of your brain are overactive, which could cause anxiety and stress and difficulty sleeping and heart palpitations and ADHD and the mind's racing and worry and anger and aggression, and where everything's just overactive. Or it'll tell us which areas of the brain are underactive. You might have brain fog, poor memory, fatigue, troubles with focus. You might have poor metabolism, difficulty losing weight, you might have vision problems, hearing problems. That's when everything's underactive. Now the V and G tells us, Okay, it's at the right side, is the left side? Which areas up? Which area is low? That's why I love this test. This test is also normally five hundred dollars, but the gift is for the first seven people to call, text or email. You could get the B and G also for only twenty one dollars. The number again is six four six two two one, six seven three eight, or you can email info at kaplanbrainebody dot com. And the last gift is a one on one evaluation with me where I go over the qEEG brain mapping, I go over the VNG, WE go over your blood work. We check out your heart, your lungs, We check out your gut, your memory, the Mocha test. We check out your balance, your posture, your vision, your coordination, your gate. We do a full neurological and physical evaluation. Takes about forty five minutes. It's normally five hundred dollars for the first seven people to call text or email. You can get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars, and if you want to do all three, just call text or email. Say you want to do all three tests for only twenty one dollars each, the QEG, brain mapping, the v and the one on one with me. All you have to do is call text or email six four six two two one, six seven three eight or email info at kaplanbraininbody dot com. If you enjoyed the show and you want to find out more information about our offices in New Jersey in New York, as well as our virtual ways to see us as well. You could go to our website kaplindc dot com. If you're interested in getting my book, uh, it's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus. You can get that on Amazon. Just make sure you spell brain power with one word. It's a picture of a big blue brain on there. If you on social media, you could go to our Facebook, Caplin Brain and Body. And if you're on YouTube, you can check out our videos. We have over one hundred videos. The page is Caplin Brain and Body if you want to subscribe and like and comment. And if you're on Instagram, it's at Caplan Brain and Body. If you're on TikTok, it's at doctor Eric Kaplan. So there's lots of information out there. If you want to listen to the old shows, just go on the website and you can download some of the archives. All my old shows are on there as well. So just listen to all this stuff, get the information, get the book, join us on social media, keep listening to the radio show so that you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed