Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: It is Channel nine, first one to weather forecast. A few showers this morning. We have a high seventy today, cloudy over night, isolated shower sixty one. Kind of isolated showers tomorrow as well during today sixty nine for the high. Few clouds every night. Forty eight. Friday is going to be a sunny sixty five by day. It's sixty six right now. Chuck Ingram, what's going on with traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCL Transit Center month cancer screening Saved vibes if you're fifty year older and have a history of smoking, calling University of Cincinnati Cancer Center at five one, three, five to eighty four one. But Rex, just keep coming this morning. It's very rough on the wet roads. Northbound seventy five's ramp to eastbound two seventy five and west two seventy five is ramp to southbound seventy one. Cruiser are those of the latest and Cruise continue to work southbound seventy five with an accident near Paddock and one more just below the lateral. Chuck Ingram, month fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: A thirty one.
Speaker 4: Fifty five karsite talk station, and it's that time. Post presidential election day or now we'll get here from Judge Ownenapolitano every Wednesday at this hour and advance apologies from Chuck Ingram for not doing a personalized message.
Speaker 2: He knew you were coming on. It's just that he had so much traffic issues going on here locally, he just didn't have time. It's been kind of a I don't know. I'll use a military term that you might be familiar with. You're Honor Charlie Foxtrott kind of traffic situation day here, so i'll extend to pology.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with that term. But I'm also spoiled rotten by waking up on every Wednesday morning eagerly anticipating what he's gonna say.
Speaker 2: I know, listen, man, I know the comments are always directed to you, But I get as big a kick out of him as you do, because Lord knows what he's going to come out of his mouth. So anyhow, it's always a pleasure to have you on the program. Obviously, I know I've got your column here. What if voting is fruitless? Which is well, the title can serve as an interesting spring into your response or your reaction to the It looks like a clean sweep. Donald Trump handily one not just the electoral college, but the popular vote as well, by more than four million, and control of the Senate now in Republican hands by at least a couple We have some ountliers that haven't been settled yet. The House looks like it's going to be in the Republicans' hands as well. I just clearly Kamala Harris. Harris's messages of name calling didn't resonate with the American people.
Speaker 1: I think that Joe Biden has been a terrible president domestically and foreign policy wise, and this was visited upon Harris, who attempted to defend him and couldn't distance herself from him. And the people are sick and tired of Ukraine, Gaza and high prices. I mean, high prices are caused by the Fed, the majority of whom we're appointed by Donald Trump. Nevertheless, high interest rates, high prices hit everybody. She couldn't have a clear message on Gaza. I don't know if she agrees with Joe Biden or not. Her husband and her daughters are Jewish, and she frequently retreated to that as a defense to her support of him. Notwithstanding the slaughter of innocence there. Ukraine is utterly indefensible. So the people wanted a change, and they voted for it. I did not expect this at all. I went to bed early and woke up expecting, you know when I usually get up at four point thirty, probably after you get up, expecting you know, litigation and recrimination and vote counting and recounting. And by the time I finished brushing my teeth, the whole world had declared Donald Trump the victor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the efforts by the Republicans to get the vote out early in or this sort of stop the steal. We need to overwhelm the Democrats with voters, get out early, vote early. And you know the number of Republicans that came out and voted early, really, I mean historic. You can't even say anything other than that. So they reduced that in a sea change.
Speaker 1: In people's thinking. I was thinking about my teenage years of JFK and LBJ and even Nixon. The Democrats never lost as badly as they did this time. The last time they lost this badly was nineteen eighty and nineteen eighty four, both of Reagan's victories. This is a tumultuous trouncing of them, and it should be laid at the feat. As I said earlier of Joe Biden. Now, I'm not a political analyt, as you know. I'm much more on the theoretical, long term what if side of things. But living in the world that we live in and having my own podcast and working at Newsmax, you know you can't there's Chris seeing a squirrel. You can't help but have opinions and want to share your analysis.
Speaker 2: That's mine well and fair enough. It'll be interesting to see all morning long. All the listeners and my guests this morning of all shared the common belief slash recommendation that Donald Trump should immediately take the high road welcome open arms a new Republican voters who at minimum held their nose to vote for him. He did make some significant inroads in the Hispanic community as well as the Black community, according to the the polling data that's come out.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's in his character. I would advise him to do the same thing. I would advise him to call up people like Governor Whitman of New Jersey and the Congresswoman Cheney and say welcome back. But that's really not him. He's far more interested in punishing those who irritated him than joining him. But maybe we'll see a different Donald Trump. What will Joe Biden do? Will he invite the Trumps to the White House? Here's an interesting one for you. Will he pardon Donald Trump and save him from having to fire his own prosecutor?
Speaker 2: It remains to be seen. He's still facing state charges though, and I don't think the presidential pardon can reach down to state charges.
Speaker 1: Now, No, no, it can't, Brian. He's facing a sentencing on November twenty six, two days before Thanksgiving. Now I can't imagine that the sentencing will go forward. If it does, I can't imagine it would be custodial. The Georgia case will probably seed without him. There are sixteen co defendants in that case. The state can try all of them and then either give up the ghost on Trump the world will be very different four years from now, or decide to try him them. But they certainly can't try him in state court while he's the President of the United States and the case is not ready to proceed in the two months remaining in Biden's presidency.
Speaker 2: Well, turning back to your column, what if voting is fruitless? You ask a lot of rhetorical questions, of course, designed to get people's juices flowing and to contemplate things. And one of the ones I highlighted, what if the fatal cocktail of big government and democracy ultimately produces dependency? Now you elaborate on that one, But aren't we there already with the number of people who are led to the umbilical court of the federal government to basically live, sleep, and get their clothing and shelter in pretty much everything else. We've given the people the opportunity to choose not to work and yet still live quite comfortably by contrast to the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: You know, in a.
Speaker 1: Great book by an Austrian philosopher I'm looking for it on my shelf by the name of Hans Hermann Hauppa h Oppe called democracy the god that failed. He argues that when the people realize that they can legally and peacefully vote themselves a share of other people's wealth, they will continue to do so. And Jefferson and Hamilton foresaw this. The two of them hated each other and never agreet in anything except this. When the public learns that the public treasury has become a public trough. They will only send to Washington those who promise to return to them the biggest piece of the pie. And that's what we have to The government recognizes no restraint on its power to transfer wealth, to start wars, to incur death, to cause death, to incur debt, to spy on everybody, to make a mockery of the Bill of Rights. The government just recognizes no limits on that. Half of the decisions made in the House of Representatives are made behind closed doors. The Democrats vote in lockstep with their leadership. The Republicans vote in lockstep with theirs. Unlike the Senate, there is no debate whatsoever on the floor of the House. Each member is given thirty or sixty seconds. Ask our dear friend, Congressman Messi, how fruitless this is. Some of his most eloquent and articulate speeches were given to an empty, empty House of Representatives, because they all know how everybody's going to vote. No matter what anyone says, that style of government, secret party oriented, big government, pro war pro a transfer of wealth will continue no matter who's in the White House and who controls the Congress. That's the thesis of my piece.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Now, I wrote that obviously yesterday, before I knew the outcome of the election. Trump may try some radical things. He may try to abolish the Department of Education. He may try to abolish Homeland Security, although I doubt it. He likes police. The Department of Homeland Security employs one hundred and sixty thousand Did you know this plane clothed cops? Wow, that's five times the number of FBI agents there are. What do they do? What do federal police do? They don't direct traffic, they don't investigate crimes. What do they do? While we don't know?
Speaker 2: Always bringing up interesting points, Judge entered Apolitano.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to give the good people of Cincinnati heartburn. Most of them are probably quite happy at the outcome of the election.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. You can't say that.
Speaker 1: My job is to is to stir the pot from the perspective of a person who believes that the Constitution is supposed to mean what it says.
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you, your honor, If the city of Cincinnati and the county in which it sits, Hamilton County, had its way, it would be President Kamala Harris Or, President of elekt Kamala Harris H and a whole big blue wave is true.
Speaker 1: I thought Cincinnati was a Republican.
Speaker 2: Who has not been Republican since Ken Blackwell was mayor back in the nineties. You got a this is this is like four.
Speaker 1: Decades Dennis did Dennis cousinich win.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know that's it didn't cross my field of vision.
Speaker 1: He was running as an independent and he told me he was leading both of his opponents. He of course, is the former congressman from that district. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we have Bernie Moreno is now our new senator in place of Shared Brown, which is a welcome, welcome change in my listening audience. So Joe said, no Sinach lost. So there's a Joe strecker man with the with the incident internet search. He can answer any question on a Moment's no.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That is a longtime friend. But thank you, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and thank you your honor. As we usually do, we'll end the program on Judging Freedom, your podcast, which is wildly popular, I know because you have some great guests on and of course always offering your wonderful commentary and insight.
Speaker 1: Who's on today, Oh, I have Colonel Douglas McGregor, Professor John Meerscheimer, Professor Jeffrey Sachsville Giraldi, Aaron Monte have my first team on today, not to talk politics, but to talk about Israel, which is really at war with itself right now, especially after the leak of classified documents showing the Prime minister that's in Yaho sabotaged the peace negotiations and Ukraine is dying in slow motion. That's really where we're going today. But I will ask colonel McGregor if he who was in the Trump Defense Department, if he expects much difference in American foreign policy in the new Trump Defense Department. He'll probably say no, because the last thing Donald Trump said two days ago about the Defense Department was his shortlist was Tom Cotton and Mike Pompeio. These are classic warhawks running the Department of Defense. So World War three get ready.
Speaker 2: From the Man City, he would lay hands and solve the conflicts when his first day in office. I've always been wondering how he was going to accomplish that. Well, now find we have an opportunity to find out. Judge ended up Allton, my dear friend, until next Wednesday. Best of health, thanks for your commentary.
Speaker 1: Back at you, Brian, always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Take care eight forty four or fifty five care see the talk station stick around. Got a few more minutes to talk. If you want to call in, feel free to do it, but I'll
Speaker 1: Be right back fifty five KRC