Speaker 1: You know, looking back at my GoPro didn't really see anything. Looked at my phone camera and I'm like, oh my gosh, what's this, and you know, kind of blow it up a little bit. I'm like, oh, what is that? That's interesting? I don't know. It didn't look like a stump to me. You know, I'm not saying it's not a stump. I'm not saying it's not a bear, it's not a dog. It looks suspicious to me that you can kind of get a sense of the size. I never professed to say it is what way it could be? It looks like a dog man to me, because you can imagine. Soon there after I went I was traveling down in the States. I talked to Rob and I talked to them, but I talked to the Marvin Kemp, you know, the elder for the so Calby tribe. Especially indigenous folks are kind of like, oh my gosh. They kind of like look away because they think it's an malevolent being creature, kind of like a dog man. It was always an interesting picture to me. Again, I'm never going to say that that is a dog man, and that is a big food but very interesting picture for me.
Speaker 2: So how did you get involved in all of this stuff to begin with?
Speaker 1: So for me, I mean, I'm fifty three at my ripe old age of fifty three. Back in my teams, I really kind of had a fascination with the paranormal and in particular cryptids, and I think that stems from like a lot of those programs that a lot of us maybe watch back in the day, the six million dollar Big fut episode or In Search of with Leonard Nimoy, and then you kind of move into the unsolved mysteries with Robert Stack and anything Sasquatch, anything Yetti was just just super interesting at the time. And you know, after that, you know, kind of this is before the Internet for me. You know, you go to the library and just read any book you could get your hands on related to the subject. And again from UFOs to go again Cryptids mostly Lockness Monster and Sasquatch and all that stuff. And yeah, that's just kind of where it stemmed from for me. And I've always been a bit of a storyteller, which you know kind of translates into my chosen interest. Now. My passion is filmmaking. I work for films to do in Vancouver, here, but I chase the filmmaking dream on the side and I love storytelling, and it's just kind of blends together.
Speaker 2: Now, did you grow up in British Columbia.
Speaker 1: I did. I grew up in a small town called Ladder, which we joked, you know, the nickname is town at the end of the ditch. But it was a farming and fishing community, and you know, there's a lot of hunting and just outdoor activities. You know, we'd go down to the pits and do some washing in the floor by force trucks and all that stuff, and you know, have a good time doing it. And I left that small little town and you know, went for the big city Vancouver and burned being kind of made my way. I you know, left school a little bit early and got into the workforce. For perspective to Lader is maybe about thirty minute drive from Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Coming from my perspective of growing up in Oklahoma and the middle of the United States, I had an introduction to Bigfoot and all that stuff very similar as yours. I'm just a few years younger than you. I remember watching reruns of In Search of Back then they had a lot of those kind of you know, campy made for television documentaries where they would talk about that sort of stuff, and oh man, I was hooked. I loved unsolved mysteries too, would scour the libraries looking for books on the subject. And back then all this stuff was kind of umped in together in the same section, and a lot of times in the same books. You had ghosts and UFOs and the Lockness Monster and Bigfoot all in the same category. Pretty much other than that, other than my own interest, which I didn't know any other kids that were interested in that stuff, I didn't really hear about Bigfoot or anything in Oklahoma. It was on into adulthood before I even realized that, like, oh this this is something that branches out much farther than the Pacific Northwest. But in my mind, I know, Washington State, you know, is considered that, you know, the Bigfoot capital or whatever, But British Columbia is always what comes to my mind is the mecca. I mean, did you hear Sasquatch stories? Was that part of culture as you were growing up?
Speaker 1: It was? I mean, and you know what running parallel to you too, It's just what you would kind of give them the library, your friends, my friends not so much interested, but you know, throughout your you know, early childhood into your teens and maybe even twenties when you would go to museums or galleries any of that kind of stuff. There's a strong indigenous element here too, with multiple nations. So you know, whether you're going to Victoria on Vancouver Island, which is our capital of British Columbia, or any of the local museums around here. Kind of close to me, there's always those Sasquatch mass the Sasquatch lore and what it means to their communities and their nations and each nation. I mean, I know that goes down across North America as well, which each nation has like a different name for the creature.
Speaker 2: Right. Oklahoma is well known for its its native culture obviously, but the tribal stuff like in the museums and everything. You know, I visited several of them as a child, actually, just Native American museums, and there wasn't really that element present here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I just always imagine, you know, like I've seen like the old photographs of you know, the statues and stuff in British Columbia and like they're the welcome sign of Harrison, Hot Springs, the Big Neon Bigfoot. We're in a top hat and I just thought, oh, that would be so cool.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think you're read it's funny too. The Pattison Gimblin film. I mean, I think that's something we all kind of grew up with that was kind of like wow, like that's that's out there, and you know, it's funny with and I'll share that later where I don't know how how serious that the general public takes those things too. So you're right about Washington State and then PC. But as kind of mentioned too, is like most of the it's funny when you walk into those museums and you see a Sasquatch mask or a Sasquatch literature related to indigenous nations that you're just gonna walk by and you wow, that's there. That's something that they've been talking about. That's part of their you know, their legends and law, which is their truth to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now did you follow filmmaking into the Sasquatch world?
Speaker 1: Well, and that's kind of you know, yeah, you know, I went to I went to Vancouver Film School in ninety four and I didn't take life too seriously. But I went back in two thousand and three and I took you know, scriptwriting and a little budge of producing. It's a very tough industry to crack into. A tall about persistence. But what was kind of neat for me going to films, you know, to film school as a returning adult, was being able to try and tell some of those stories and play with the equipment to do it. So, you know, I did a I was a big fan of Coast to Coast with Art Bell back in the day. There's a wealth of inform wealth of stories with his programs, and I did a little short film called Sounds from Hell. It was kind of exciting, fun to do, and it's it's tough to get funding to do these programs. So after film school, I ended up working in film production in the locations department for just a spell, and then I realized that to chase the almighty filmmaking dream, I needed a better work life bounce. So I worked for a company that rented equipment to people in the film Mystory, And as I kind of carried on, you know what, a girlfriend happens, and a wife happens, and then a kid happens, right, and you kind of like forget about why you got into this in the beginning, So it's probably been in the last it's probably been og is probably since like twenty thirteen fourteen is where I'm like, no, I'm going to try and tell those stories. And they joke with a lot of friends where I don't care if I'm eighty years old and haven't sold a TV series or a feature film. You know, it's about the chase and the persistence of it. But for me, it was that kind of started off with meeting doctor Melbaketchum back in twenty fifteen, which kind of like ignited and re sparked the interest for myself.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that was a major deal, a major deal back then. How did that come about?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, again it's we're both fans of the subject of subject of course again, you're still trying to get your hands on any documentary or TV series, books, and I've kind of found over the years where there's these really bad B or C grade horror movies about Bigfoot or Sasquatch, and then there's a bunch of kind of call them unscripted TV series that kind of have the same people doing the same things, and that's fine, you know, teaching their own for that, But Alma, I'm kind of one of those guys that I'm not scared to knock on anybody's door just to say hi. So I reached out to her. I think it was twenty fifteen ish after reading about the Bigfoot genome project and just kind of the controversy around it, and she kind of went silent for quite a few years because I think that was back in two thousand and eight that they did the genome project, and to reach out to her social media wise and reconnected and we kind of had a couple back and forth messages and then we've you know, called and just really hit it off. And it was funny because as I'm trying to chase my filmmaking dreams scripted and unscripted, she had told me that she wrote a five book series called The Phantom Forest Saget, which is kind of like a Twilight meets Tarzan and it was an interesting story and I kind of said, well, and it was funny because it was set in Nanaimo, British Columbia, which is just on Vancouver Island. But I thought there was some serendipity there about the British Columbia piece, and you know, over that time frame we kind of got to be you know, fast friends and talk shop and I kind of I kind of realized over time that it seemed like she was a bit blacklisted and her career was, you know, reputation was smeared within the community because kind of what I gather as she told me her story that she didn't believe in bigput She was a DNA geneticist, mostly for animals, and I guess Josh Gates Expedition Unknown sent some samples and you know, supposed tissue samples and hair samples for the blind studies, which is a smart thing to do. She got some of those and she had an oh my god moment because DNA quote unquote doesn't lie. So she kind of became a believer after that. And then of course hooked up. And here's another serendipity. Pieces. Part of the Ericson project or the Bigfoot Genome project was with a guy named Adrian Erickson out of Asoyus, British Columbia, which is in our Okanagan, about four hours away from me in Vancouver. So again there's just so many little cute, little puzzle pieces that were being put together just I don't know. Serendiputy was very interesting for myself, but she told me about you know, their documentary and all the evidence that they pulled and who was involved it with a lot of the people that you don't see on those TV series. So that's that was interesting to me. And then when they had their press conference in I believe it was twenty ten, it was interesting to hear and watch the actual press conference because it was like, you know, hundreds and hundreds of you know, the press corps of hearing about the DNA sty But it just kind of tapered off after that. And that's kind of what my experience has been. It feels like it's a big foot landed on the White House lawn. Half the population wouldn't believe it. Maybe in the other half would think it's just you know who he right, not a blanket statement, because there's a lot of people clearly that like are interested in it, believe in it, on and on and on. But so, yeah, it was is interesting, and then I know, you know, she kind of went underground because again her career was smeared. In my humble opinion, I feel that there's little bits and bobs where a woman proved at DNA wise, But that's.
Speaker 2: Just my opinion, dangerous waters talking about melbketchup. She is a you know, one of those figures that everybody is split on your You're either are completely against or completely for it seems with her, and I believe there was a lot of mistakes made on both sides at the time.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think she was sort of out of her element for what she was trying to accomplish as far as navigating the Bigfoot world is concerned. If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, No, I hear you. Well, you know, and I understand that there's controversy here around her too. And you know, with their hypothesis, you know that Sasquatch is not an ape. It's non jay cantapipacus to send it. It's not a missing link in the traditional sense. You know, she really believes it's a homine hybrid carrying all the human material material line from the Homo sapiens mothers like fifteen thousand years ago, you know, and the paternal DNA from an unknown and still unclassified species. You know, it's that's a mouthful, but I mean again, you kind of have to go back to the science. You know, doesn't if the science and the DNA doesn't lie, I mean, now we have to retest it, and who's doing that and see anybody doing it. What was good for me was over the years kind of developing that relationship with her. She shared a lot of images and a lot of information, and of course you have to take everything with the grain of salt and do your own kind of due diligence. But what was good for me was I was going to do a bit of a you know, a bit of a vindication piece for her, and I picked up my camera and my equipment and I went and traveled and met a lot of the people that were kind of in her inner circle. And that was twenty twenty two. I traveled down to South Carolina and Robin Hayines, you know, good friend of hers, and she believed, you know, because we were going to read we're going to revisit the science, the DNA, the indigenous element, and then the paranormal or what some people call the WLU. And it was nice to be able to kind of go down and not be an armchair, you know, expert, as there's a lot of people out there that does that but to just kind of go and actually talk to people. And that's that's where I've always kind of my jam is going to meet maybe like, as an example, you Matt, like, who are you, What's what's your experience? Would you? You know, and meet them in person. That's just always such so tangible for me. So it was nice to go down to meet Robin and hear her and interview her about the mind Speak. And I was fortunate enough to go down to your neck of the woods Choctaw as an Ob, Oklahoma, and that Troy Hudson, I'm sure if you know him, sure, and just learn a bit more about his research and experiences in the in the region. Of course, ended up in Nagadoches, Texas to meet Melbourne herself, spent a couple of days with her.
Speaker 2: I've spent time in that location as well. I've got a good friend down there, a few good friends.
Speaker 1: We had a blast. I somehow convinced my wife and daughter to come with me on a part road trip, part part investigator series.
Speaker 2: Completely different than British Columbia.
Speaker 1: It really is. I we had such a blast travel to your neck of the woods too. It's just like the rolling hills, especially in Oklahoma, it was just yeah, and the people were so nice and friendly, and again it was I think those experiences were less so Jason being out with night vision cameras at three o'clock in the morning and forest and just hearing about their stories, seeing their evidence if they had any, and just kind of that eye to eye conversation with them, which was amazing for me.
Speaker 2: So, like, obviously I have a podcast. I get that passion for storytelling. I share that I'm really into the stories. That's why I chose this format where I'm talking to people and letting them share their stories.
Speaker 1: And so I am a fan of your podcast and listen to it quite often.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate you. But you know, back in the day, I spent a lot of time around a lot of campfires and out in the woods with people, you know, doing the research side of thing. And you know, the best times we're sitting around the campfire, hearing the stories, talking with people you know, and like, like you're saying, getting away from the computer and meeting the people in person, it changes the dynamics so much.
Speaker 1: And absolutely, I.
Speaker 2: Think a lot of the conflicts that happened in the Bigfoot world would go away if the people were just face to face and just actually meeting the person that you're talking to and hearing them tell their story and explain their side of things without getting all upset and just you know, being a keyboard warrior and just flaming on people.
Speaker 1: D percent. Yeah, there seems to be a little bit of inner fighting amongst us at times, which is if we all pulled our resources together, we'd probably get a lot more done.
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff were you doing? You were talking about putting on night vision and hitting the woods. Did you do a lot of that stuff?
Speaker 1: No, that was kind of that particular trip was less so of that and just actually talking to people. So I you know, being in South Carolina and you know, experiencing Robin talk about mind speak in the moment and what these creatures were saying and talking about. Now but ketch him on the science in the DNA Troy in Oklahoma, you know, talk about the twelve footers you know, on his property, and it was you know, kind of to your point. It was like a lot of them were talking about the bigger the further north you get, the bigger they get. Hence British Columbia that there's you know, some of them are called the tall ones, which is you get your eight to twelve footers maybe you know, some people say larger. But it was nice to also meet I was in Washington State and met the hereditary chief for the snow call Me tribe, Marvin comp and it's just good to hear, you know, those indigenous legends and more quote unquote are their truth, their stories that they used to trade with these creatures that they you know, don't grow past, you know, don't go out unless you're with somebody else, don't go out at night because I think, in my humble opinion, in my experience and research with this, there is a malevolence and a belevolence factor from what I understand. We can get into the David Plaidy's stuff, you know as well the Missing four one one stuff, which I'm huge fan of the series, but I also believe some of that stuff. And it was nice to get in front of people like mitche Townshend and he had a book and he's done a couple of documentaries. Sorry panels on the indentations like teethmarks on bones, you know that could be you know, two, three, four times the size of the human beings. So and then kind of finally and then finally leaf Ford, he's a again. It was kind of nice that Melba introduced me to a lot of these folks Leif I met in California and he kind of furthers sparked, you know, the interest in me. And he was a professor of psychology and I was interviewing him, going to his experiences and stuff, and he had mentioned Jason in some cases there's more evidence for Sasquatch or Bigfoot than there is for people that are incarcerated in prison right now. And I just had a moment when you said that where it actually gave birth to another TV series idea I have. But it also was like, you know what, he's not totally wrong, circumstantial or not. I think it's just amazing the amount of evidence there. But again it's just the general public. Are we trying to convince everybody? Because I don't know if that's ever going to happen. And then kind of finally, with my journey too is well not finally a piece of it is and Melby introduced me to a gentleman, Randy Briston. He's got a YouTube channel out there could be a great guest for you. Actually, one day he's been out in Maple Ridge area, which is twenty and it drive for me equivalentment now pretty close to places like Golden Ears. Just amazing. He's the Lakota and just I spent the last og is like five plus years with him and we go with every once in a while and we find our glyphs, and we find our structures and we find their prints and on and on and on. So it's been quite the journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to get into some of that. You sent me some pictures earlier, and he sent me some pretty interesting stuff. Before we get to that one photo, you sent me some pictures of what appeared to be we'll call them rock formations. What's the story behind those?
Speaker 1: Well, and that's kind of the rinse repeate recycle thing for me. And when you when you get out there too, is I mean barring seeing you know, eyeshine at night or any vocalizations or any that kind of stuff. It's always things. There's I know that there's a there's like a sub sect of the big community that really buys into the glyphs, like rocks being a certain way or sticks being put a certain way that there's a communication going on there. I hadn't really gone down that rabbit hole too much of them, you know, maybe sure could could be and then you know it's you really have to go off the being track. I mean, there was that school I thought that some people think like, oh my gosh, you have to go like, you know, twenty thirty forty k or miles into the bush taxially sees anything quote unquote. But in my experience and everybody I have talked to, these creatures are closer than you think, and you know they you don't have to go out, you know, into the middle of in my case, British Columbia to go see these things or evidence of them. So anytime I do go out, you know, spend you know, half a day on it, go with Randy or a couple of other friends and just go on like walk about so that I like to call them and we do go off the beaten track within reason. But it's just the amount of stick structures that are out there you kind of get back into that is there somebody actually walk you know, going out there and hoaxing and making stick structures. You kind of have to dive into the evidence of it and they really kind of sit back and look at how did those rocks get there? How did they get form like that? Could that have been a human being? Could that have been an animal? Same with six stick structures. Again, I've been a big fan of there's so much stuff on YouTube these days to kind of like help you dissect that stuff. To Les Stroud, who is Survivor Man has a couple of Big Pot episodes up here from British Columbia. You know, Randy is Randy who I mentioned goes out with him every once in a while. But yeah, I mean there's just it's right out there, you know what I mean, Like those kind of that kind of evidence out there. And I've been out there as well when I've gotten the the sounds of the forest quiet, you know, quiet to nothing where you know it's loud one moment and there's nothing. You could hear a pin drop, you know, in the forest. I've been out there with and I've heard cracks. There's been a couple of times where we because there's you know, are these some people think Bigfoot or sasquatch could be dimensional, it could be you know whatever you kind of think We've heard some people think that they come in and out of portholes. We've heard cracks like above them beyond, like tree breaks and tree cracks that like come from above, and then a weird vibe and a weird feeling after that. So I don't know, I'm kind of like going on a rabbit hole myself.
Speaker 2: Sorry, No, you're fine. That's what we're here for. Rabbit holes are welcome. The photos of the rock formations. Do you happen to us where there are rocks in the area.
Speaker 1: In some cases and a good great point in some cases no, you know, so somebody has taken in and a good point. That's where you kind of have to do your detective work. You have to kind of look around the area see if there's other rocks. I will be honest, and more often than not there are. So anybody in their grandmother there could have put that rock formation there. But in some cases we have been up top of a you know, nothing but moss and trees, zero rocks pretty much, and then these you know, six, seven, eight, nine, ten rocks kind of put in a formation. How did they get up there? You know, it's a lot of work for somebody to do. To just hoax.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen a lot of pictures of rock cairns over the years. You know that hikers stack rocks. That's not an uncommon thing. And you know, there's always the argument whenever people say, you know, well people never go there, Well, you're a person and you're there, so it's not impossible that another person was there. But these, I mean, I don't I didn't recognize anything that stood out as any sort of hiking marker of any kind. These weren't rock stackings. With your permission, I might put the photos on the YouTube upload of this just so people can actually see what I'm talking about. I just found them interesting because I mean, obviously, going out looking for bigfoot stuff and bigfoot evidence, if you see something like that, it registers as potential bigfoot evidence. But if you were just an average person, not thinking Bigfoot at all, and you were walking through the forest somewhere and you came across this, you know, circle of rocks or whatever with sticks or ranged a certain way, I mean, that would probably be pretty scary. It would probably stop you in your tracks for a second. And just because if it was a person, what the hell were they doing out there with rocks and doing that. I mean it's almost rich style. Yeah, it's kind of got like that whole witchcraft CULTI vibe to it. So yeah, I just found those really interesting. Is there anything that stood out about that particular location to make it unique or anything as far as like activity or sounds or anything.
Speaker 1: That particular area where those were done, that is where you know, the group that I go up with feels that they you know, the activity is prevalent in that area, and that's that's you know, all those kind of warning signs quote unquote that I mentioned happened where we've heard cracks, we've heard the sounds of the forest go down, very calm and obviously in this genre, right, so you know, and again it's that is not too far from a camp site, but far enough where it's like, I don't we don't think anybody would go. That's why we made that our spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird, man. There was an investigation I was part of adjacent to a very long time ago. It got some publicity. It was done in Paris, Texas, and there is a lot of weird stuff going on down there, and one of the things that I remember in particular was there was a rock formation similar to the one one of the ones that you showed me a picture of, but it was it was larger. And I mean, of course, at the time you're going into an investigation on somebody's property, there's lots of claims being made, there's some pretty incredible evidence being presented, so you have to go in being sort of skeptic and like keeping your eyes open for any kind of tomfoolery, you know how people are. And so I'm looking for all that stuff, and they're showing, you know, here's this rock formation we told you about, and it's off in the woods behind their property and everything, and you know, we stood there looking at it for probably about five minutes, and I'm like walking around it at the time, and I'm seeing a very specific pattern to it, and nobody is nobody there that owned the properties seemed to be aware of this pattern. They weren't pointing it out to me, they weren't pushing me in the direction of discovery or anything. But it was a medicine will, and it was a medicine will fashion in the shape of what I would consider a thunderbird. I had seen this sort of thing, you know, in books of like terreg listening of rocks for Native Americans and stuff like that. But from their angle that they were looking at, because you walk it, it was upside down, so they didn't ever notice that, and they just saw it as like some rocks sticking off to the side and everything. But if you walked around on the other side, it wasn't. It was a very crude, fashioned one, you know. It wasn't like perfect or anything. It wasn't drawn. It was made with rocks in a shape. And that was the first time where I kind of took a step back, as there's something more going on here. This isn't you know, an undiscovered primate doing this, and why do we have this overlap with Native American stuff going on? Who's doing this? You know? And it was just I don't know, it was kind of I would say it changed the course maybe not necessarily of my belief system, but the course of my my own investigation into this stuff. Where are you at whenever it comes to that sort of thing like where are you standing currently? As what these things are and what these things do?
Speaker 1: It's funny you mentioned that too. Great way I put it, it sounded like that event was impactful for you. We just finished watching a documentary called The Flash of Beauty last night for the I think the second or third time, and it's just as you were kind of talking about those getting the cliffs and rock structures and what it could mean, and it reminded me of crop circles in the UFO genre as well. Right, it just feels like there's a sort of a communication there too. And in the documentary last night, they were talking about, you know, in the indigenous people's you know, they're a little bit more in tune to communication. Maybe then we are question mark, right, And yeah, it's just it's just and sometimes they're just messing with us that, you know. It's just it's an interesting topic to kind of come up with. Just when when I thought that, when I thought sabsquatch could be a you know, jig antipithecuss And then you get into the just the paranormal stuff side of it too, Like I know, I know there's a gal I can't remember her name, but there was some video footage of what looked like the Predator where like that the shine or the glimmer as they say that barbershop right exactly, and it's like, you know, there are species of animals now that have those camouflage kind of characteristics, So why couldn't Jake Antipithecus have that? But then you just get into the you know, the I know Ramya, you know Randy, as I mentioned, you know, following tracks and into the middle of a field, and then they stopped where did it go? Following track into a huge tree? And they stop at this huge tree and you hear a knock within the tree, and you knock back, and you get a knock back within the tree. So there's a there just has to be a paranormal element to this. I you know, nobody is an experts, but everybody is an expert, so it's really difficult to say. You know, it's just there's moments where I just I do think they could be dimensional. What does that mean. It's a tough one because I believe that there's they have to be flesh and blood as well as because you we all we do get some of the evidence, we do get some of the samples, right, So it's a tough one. I do want to shake one's hand one day at least the belevolent ones say Hi, how's it going? What's up?
Speaker 2: Let me know when you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you had any good sightings, good you know, good moments. Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had two sidings and I believe a third, But the third one was not anything I can absolutely confirm. It was also my best sighting, which is kind of weird, but some reason, I couldn't see the head and it was on all fours. Whenever something's not on two legs and you don't see its head, you can't confirm what it is, you know. Yeah, the first two. The first one was a face. I was looking at it from like thirty yards away through a night vision rifle scope not attached to a rifle, which had a little bit of magnification to it. I mean, I stared at it. So it was an amazing sighting. And then I had another one that was just absolutely random, just right place at right time, which lasted just a matter of a fraction of seconds. It was just it came walking out of the bush. I believe it was chasing after some insects underneath a like an outdoor light on a bathroom in a campground area, and I just happened to be standing in the right location, just staring off into space, and I saw it with my periphial vision. There wasn't a lot of brush or anything obscuring it. It was probably fifty yards away or so. And as I turned my head to look directly at it, it's like it realized I was there, did a one eighty spin and dove like Superman back into the brush and took off.
Speaker 1: No, man, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It was only like maybe four foot tall, four and a half foot tall. It was not big at all. And I was actually on I guess you would call it a research outing. I was meeting up with other research partners of mine and they were at an adjacent campsite, and I had walked away from them just to get away from the fire and the sound and everything. And I was actually smoking a cigarette at the time. I used to smoke, and I was just standing off there smoking a cigarette. And I think that that may have had something to do with it, because the campsite that they were at didn't have the view that I had. I had the angle, and I was in the dark. There was no campfire, it was an empty campsite and everything, and I think it just got caught slipping. I think that's honestly all it was. But whenever I saw it, and it dove back into the brush. I immediately started yelling and running towards it, and everybody else joined me with spotlights and everything, and we ran down there and there was nothing, I mean, no movement.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it obviously have been able to get out of there very quickly into the darkness, but it's still just it was quite an experience. But yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. That's that's the one I'm always like, you know, doing as much as I do, or we do. It's funny, like I have had many moments of like a lot of the quote unquote evidence that I've seen, which doesn't amount a much to a lot of people. But that's fine. But the less so being paced out of a certain area, but hearing wood cracks and then getting closer feelings of being watched. That's kind of like, that's almost exciting. That's my roller coaster ride. Sometimes I chagrin to the day that I get the sense of dread feeling like that sounds really really bad. I don't know if you've ever experienced that, and I haven't yet, and I hope that I don't. That one sounds pretty bad.
Speaker 2: There's been a couple of times. One time I had to leave an area and I made everybody, like everybody had to pack up and leave. It was a horrible experience. I don't know that it was Bigfoot related. It might have been something paranormal that's completely separate from this, just because of the history of the area and everything. But it was really bad. It was full on, I'm sick, I have to go, I'm about to pass out. And then there was another time whenever I was in my main area that I had been in a thousand times, and it was just a situation where me and my friend hit that wall that people talk about yep, and we only had the option of going forward. We couldn't go backwards. We had to. We were in the dark on a trail, no flashlight, nothing on us to do any sort of illumination, and the rest of our group was on the opposite side of a creek and on up the trail from us, and we were meeting up with them, so we would have had to have backtrack and crossed a creek, and it just wasn't an option, so we had to push forward through it. And it was frightening, man, it was frightening, but everything worked out. Everything was fine. I never saw we didn't see anything. It was we're looking at a track next to the creek, and there was something on the opposite side of the trail from us that we could hear in the brush something growled. And then shortly after that is whenever we hit that invisible wall where it was just like, oh God, we cannot this is bad.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy with those you know whatever you want to call them powers or superpowers that they have, like again to the grouse, the cloaking, if it is, if they are answered dimensional, the on and of the smells and stuff that that infrasound. Randy who has mentioned earlier they were out him and his friend wrote at the UBC research for us and they got, in their words, zapped by the infrasound and they were basically like they were crawling back. It just sounded absolutely horrible, not even be able to walk. So they can really they can really get.
Speaker 2: You, Yeah for sure. And I don't you know that that's just more questions, you know everything. It's like there's plenty of stuff, there's plenty of evidence, there's plenty of experiences, but no questions actually answered great point.
Speaker 1: How do we get those questions answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was going to ask you. You're the guest. How do we answer those questions? What are you doing to answer them?
Speaker 1: Well? I think for me, I'm going to just kind of, you know, I am going to continue to cobble together my little documentary piece and you know, kind of keep playing the genre. I don't you know, I don't know anybody that's going to have the almighty footage, you know, to change the entire population's mind. But I think if we continue to kind of keep shipping away at it, shipping away at it, I mean in the UFO circle, you kind of see that is the government taking it a bit more serious? Are they coming out with like we don't know what these things are, but at least their knowledge again, so you know, is that a path or a big put in sasquatch as well? Sure? But if we don't, it's a collaborative thing and it's a collective thing. So I think the more people that get interested in it, the more people that go out, the more evidence that we collect. Maybe it's a matter of time, you know that one day it kind of comes out, somebody gets the next Patterson game will mind you. That's being looked at now too. With the controversy out.
Speaker 2: There, I'm going to have to do an episode on that at some point, please please do it. I'm still collecting. I've had several people reach out to me ask me, you know, hey, are you going to talk about this. I am going to talk about it. I'm just not ready. I'm still collecting my thoughts. Some things behind the scenes are in the works. I'm waiting to hear back for some My needles not moving until I see the footage for myself. I can promise you that too. Yes, me too, But you know there's still things that need to be addressed, uh for sure. And yeah, I'll be talking about it at some point. I just don't know when everybody else can enjoy the ride and make content off of it. Right now. I'm fine with that. I don't. You know, I have more investment in this than coming up with a podcast episode. You know, I didn't get in this for podcasting. I got into podcasting because of this.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: It's not that's not the jo for everybody. There's a lot of people out there that you know, this just happens to be the topic that their podcast discusses, which is fine there. You know a lot of people do great that way. For me, I've got much more emotional investment in this than just that.
Speaker 1: Very cool, that's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: So what's up with that picture?
Speaker 1: Man? Well, on that picture, I mean, that's kind of like my best I'm not even saying what it is. You know, you and your audience can kind of like, you know, come to your own conclusions. I was trying to get, you know, working in the day job in the film industry, and I was telling some of my colleagues about it, and I said, hey, they have there's a Sasquatch tour out at Sasquatch Provincial Park getting name. Of course, it's about two hours away and a half hours hours away from us. And so I was gonna, you know, I was, you know, paid the money and we're going to go. And the company kind of like floundered with the whole process. So I said, well, le's the four of us go on with is me than Sam, colleagues from working then my wife Cole. So we all all took a road trip and we drove through and I had my little go you know, go pro. They weren't. Like I'm not going to say I'm a fanatic, but they weren't as they knew about it. My wife is pretty much scared to go camping these days because of all the podcasts out there, yours included, So thank you for that. All right, it's okay, but she's she's a believer. And it's funny. On all of our road trips anywhere anywhere we know there's been a story or setting on any of the popular podcasts that we listened to, we try we make a point to go to those locations because we're crazy like that, not less so stay over on her side. Anyway, So we went and we did this trip and I had my goal Pro and I'm doing my thing. I didn't really see anything. We didn't go too much off the beaten track, and it's you know, it's a huge, huge, you know area that Sasquat Provincial Park, of course, So we kind of did our thing, didn't see anything. It was kind of towards the end of the day and I had used up all my I had used up my card on my goal Pro, so I'm like, shoot, they may they'll take a couple of pictures on the way out and I used to run run with the Vancouver Paranormal Society back in to the early two thousands, because I thought I'd do this you know TV series that with the ragtag group of people that never went anywhere. But that's besides the point. So I did what's called kind of control shots, and I take some pictures as a driving out and took about like, you know, twenty pictures and didn't think anything of it, and went home, dropped off my friends sitting you know, looking back at my go pro, didn't really see anything, looked at my you know, phone camera, and I'm like, oh my gosh, what's this, and you know, kind of blow it up a little bit, and I'm like, oh, what is that? That's interesting? And I mean, I you probably saw my postings. I did post it online many many years ago. That was twenty nineteen, and this is kind of a late twenty nineteen ish and then of course months later we get into COVID and blah blah blah. But it just, I don't know, it didn't look like a stump to me. You know, I'm not saying it's not a stump. I'm not saying it's not a bear it's not a dog, it's you know, it looks suspicious to me. And what's interesting is, you know, the timing was interesting that you can kind of get a sense of the size. So I sent you a few pictures to kind of show you, like how far away it was and kind of get it closer in to kind of again get a sense of the size. And I never, I never professed to say it is what way it could be. It looks like a dog man to me, but that's just my opinion. And then when I brought it up, you can imagine, soon there after I went, I was traveling down the States. I talked to Robin, I talked to Melman, I talked to the Marvin Camp from the you know, Sokhombi tribe, you know, the elder for the Socolby tribe. And they are, you know, especially indigenous folks are kind of like, oh my gosh. They kind of like look away because they think it's a malevolent being creature. Yeah, kind of like a dog man. And so it was always an interesting picture to me. Again, I'm never going to say that that is a dog man or that is a bigfoot, but very interesting picture for me.
Speaker 2: Picture a side. Where are you at with dog Man?
Speaker 1: Now? You're going to get them better too. Like again, like even if you take that ten percent of the population that says they see ghosts or UFOs or Bigfoot or dog Man, you know they you know, I don't think they're out of their mind, right, I've heard enough stories. I think the dog man side again, I you know, just not being not being an expert, but again that it leads towards the malevolence side of Bigfoot. And I don't know if they're engineered that way. I mean, you know, the creative artistic storyteller Jason is kind of like, oh my gosh, like they could be engineered by the government, and on and on and on. You know, nobody can prove that obviously, but I mean if there is, if there is a sasquatch and they are interdimensional, maybe something else can come from that dimension as well. Maybe that's a document because then you can kind of go down the rabbit hole further where I know some people believe that there's goat Man and there's Chewbacabra and on and on and on, So what are these what are these creatures?
Speaker 2: The photo is one of those photos where it's it could or couldn't be, you know, just and I believe you're perfectly honest about that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But it sure does look interesting. It sure does seem to have the right shape to it and seems to be it just seems to be doing the type of thing that those things do.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we've we've all seen enough of the blob squatch or I don't know what the version of a blob dog man is that kind of has like the years and the stuff, and they can kind of see it, but you kind of you kind of can't. So yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, have you heard of any sightings in that area for dog man?
Speaker 1: It's it has come up. I mean, you know, all of British Columbia, some of the you know, some of the folks that I go out with do talk about that. They we you know, they've encountered dog men and you know, ushering people out of the area so to speak. So yes, I mean I have twelve foot fourteen foot. It sounds weird to say that, but yeah, I mean, these these ones are tall out here, and I think the further you go up, I mean then you kind of get into Alaska and Yukon. For U and you know they're very prevalent and huge out there too, but I have not heard. That's where I kind of lean towards the eleventh and malevolence side of dog men. And I mean, you try and get I've been a huge fan of the David Pleidi's worked for a while and they've communicated a couple of times, and that could be the missing for a one to one piece. You know, I don't want to say that there isn't because on the Sasquatch side, I'm not saying there is a malevolence there, but it just feels like, you know, they're you know, they're pissed off with us ruining our planet and all that other stuff, right and and you know, protecting the land and all that stuff too. And of course you know, what would we do with one if we found one anyway, But I just it feels like there's more of a belevolence on the Sasquatch side than there is the dog man.
Speaker 2: Humble opinions, Yeah, well, I mean, if we're talking humble opinions, which you know, I'm not saying my opinion is worth anything or valid in any way, but whenever it comes to the missing four one one stuff, even if you take say less than half of those as something strange and unexplainable. In my opinion, I do believe that Bigfoot or sasquatch or whatever you want to call it, is capable of doing horrible things in certain situations an individual to individual. However, I still think that that number would be too large for it to be Bigfoot. I think for Bigfoot, would Bigfoot take a person? Maybe I'm not saying that they wouldn't, but I think it would be such a rarity that the number of missing four one one cases is too large for it to be Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yep, love what you're laying down, absolutely, but who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong. I mean, you've looked into you know you were talking about you used to be part of a paranormal group, and you know the UFO stuff. Obviously there's a lot of overlaps in all of these subjects which could just be related to eyewitnesses experiencing them. But do you think there's an actual connection between any of them?
Speaker 1: Well, and again, as in that documentary you're watching last night, kind the same thing too. They say, you know, there's a lot of reported sasquatch Bigfoot sightings near UFO sightings. I don't know what that connection is the ghosts. It's so tough. When I ran around Thank you for paranormal group. I did that. I was about a half year or two. I saw a lot of strange thing. I've seen so many orbs I've seen missed, you know, and and I've had that heaviness feeling there you go, there's no heaviness feeling that they didn't have the sasquatch, I guess, but gosh, it seems to all be interconnected with What is connected is ghosts, UFOs, sasquatch, maybe even encryptids. Maybe less of cryptids. It's just there's that reoccurring theme of X percentage of the population has seen.
Speaker 2: It and.
Speaker 1: The other half the other percentage you just can't convince them. Yeah, you know. And out of that too. To my point is one hundred people tell their story, I mean, make you know, back with the UFOs, Oh, it's swamp gas or it's ball lighting or whatever it happens to be too. But there's still those unexplained ones that are ten percent. So I don't know. I don't know if it's our job, Matt, to get that percentage up to fifty percent for the general population. But I'm going to try why not something to do? It's a passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's those uncomforts truths, man, It's it's people who aren't comfortable with what they're hearing, so they find explanations that they're comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Hundre percent. Well, it's scary too, there was I've heard that over the years, and again with that dog last night, where you know, if there is sasquatch, bigfoot and the government fund yeah, they're out there, and I don't know, does that screw it up from the lumber industry, does it screw it up for you know, people feeling comfortable going out too the forest? I could see how that would be a problem.
Speaker 2: You know, earlier you were talking about how you strongly believe there's a paranormal element to this, and you also believe that they are definitely flesh and blood on some level. I know, you know, ten twenty years ago, it was either flesh and blood or paranormal. It can't be both, you.
Speaker 1: Know dat I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how people you know, the question always comes up, well, why is the government covering it up? Why won't they acknowledge it, and everybody has their answer. Obviously top answer on the board. Lumber industry would lose too much money. That's everybody's go to, right. But now I'm starting to think it's probably not one thing or another. It's probably a bunch of things collectively.
Speaker 1: I could see that to you. Well, good point too. What if the I don't know, just on a technology level, if there's a sasquatch out there, if it can cloak, if it can do infrasound, that's I don't know, not to be you know, the cabal, the government conspiracist guy. But I don't know, Like that'd be pretty heavy tech to get a hold of and exploit.
Speaker 2: We're going to have to have an off air conversation about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I want to ask you all.
Speaker 2: I've got you here just because I'm interested in everything, not just bigfoot stuff or cryptids or paranorle But okay, you were talking about disclosure and the government, you know, acknowledging that they're out there. We don't know what they are, YadA, YadA. Well that's going on with the United States. Is the Canadian government doing the same thing. What are they saying anything official about UFOs. They have not.
Speaker 1: We're I think a bit behind you folks on that too, and selt there. It really hasn't. I can't remember the member of parliament that had brought up the UFO thing, kind of like you're I think you're Harry Reid if I'm not mistaken, kind of brought that up on the UFO site. Yeah, good or bad, we had our version of Harry. His name escapes me. This is like going ten plus years ago. Don't really don't really see or hear a lot about it. I know it's heavily on the indigenous side. I mean it's funny like it's it's just like a normal thing. Like I've been actually going to the state aluss Nation, which is about about an hour away from me, and that's the birthplace of the Sasquat name is what they called it where they you know, the the white man ended up calling it Sasquatch, right, That's where the name came from, which is not too far away from me, And I've been going out there and it's just it's just so cathartic to be out on their land. And I've had the opportunity to have them to set the Sasquatch drum for me a couple of times, and they tell tales up on I can't remember the mountain that's not too far away from them, but they have these seven large pillars where they say the Sasquatch comes once a year and they have their meeting of the roundtable. Shall we say it's just that government, no indigenous peoples. Yes, Like it's very prevalent. It's very talked about. I don't they don't make it like shout it from the mountaintops or anything, but it's kind of like, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So how far along are you at the documentary project?
Speaker 1: I got some missing pieces and I would like to complete it by the end of this year. And you know what it was is I think with paranormal stuff, it's tough because it's it's a hard sell to the state of the film industry itself is kind of messed up right now, and that includes factual, scripted and unscripted. It's interesting when you might have a great idea. It's funny I came up with the Paranormal Verdict. It's a TV series and I kind of had this vision when I told you that story about there's more evidence for Sasquatch in some cases than there is people in prison right now. And I said, wow, I need a judge, judy, and then how about we have like, let's do a Sasquatch on trial. Let's have all the experts come in tell the judge, you know, you know, the reasoning why, and what's all the evidence, and let the judge decide, and of course have skeptics come in there to try and deep bucket and stuff like that. But I've got a number series like that, including the one with no but an indication piece. But it's such a difficult sell because of this did in the industry and because they're always looking for a name brand. There's a gentleman that does a paranormal ghost series that shall remain nameless, and it's funny like he's got four or five different offshoots of his own series. They just really want like a solid name behind it. So it's it's a slog's trying to get this time. So what I did with the Melbourne project, which is called Bigfit De Coded, that's just all about trying to carve together that final pitch deck and that sizzle reel and then get it sold to a network, and if it doesn't, I'll just go back to what I told you before, as I don't care if I haven't sold anything. And I'm eighty years old at least I tried, So what I would probably end up doing is taking that final piece and then just self producing it and self sorry, self distributing it.
Speaker 2: Well, man, I appreciate you coming on and talking to me. I've enjoyed it, and uh, we're gonna have to keep touch, man. I think this is the begin it ain't of a beautiful friendship.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have a bestine in Vancouver now and anytime, any time you ever come up here. Man, your money's going a long way compared to ours, so you'll live like a king up here if to hang out for a week, but open door policy. And if I ever get down in your earneck the woods, I'd love to meet up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I appreciate it. If you've experienced ask Watch or Dogman or something else you can't explain you'd like to share your story on the podcast, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to social media past episodes merchandise, everything you need, all in one place, and until next time, remember there's something in the woods.