Speaker 1: It's seven oh six. I think'bout cares do talk stays named Brian Thomas. Always pleased to see in studio the man who's keeping his eye on the shenanigans going on. And there are so many shenanigans going on. I'm surprised he's able to keep track of it. Todd Zenzer, former US Inspector General. Now we have basically he's the inspector General for Hamilton County and most notably City of Cincinnati. Welcome back, Todd Zenzer. It's always great seeing you, brother.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian. It's always good to be here.
Speaker 1: And he, of course is we Citizen Watchdog is what we effectively call him. That's the name of his podcast, Citizen Watchdog. You can find it, and we're gonna learn about his latest podcast, probably going to blow your mind. But this is gonna be This hour is gonna fly by a noe time.
Speaker 3: Todd. We've got so much to talk about. Really, I'd dwelt a whole lot.
Speaker 1: I had Smith ament on for a volume two of the Smith Event yesterday because of the equity whatever that committee is that advanced the proposal to amend the zoning laws in Hyde Park seven to two vote, and then yes, of course, city council voted seven to two to alter Hyde Park's zoning laws, zoning laws which the City of Cincinnati imposed upon all the neighborhoods, the connected community zoning laws, right, okay, So they took away every community's ability to control their own destiny. And that wasn't even that long ago, was it? Because you and I talked about it last June. Last June, and then yesterday they undid their own blanket rule for the entire city of since sant connectic communities by allowing a variance to the connected communities and building in what eighty five foot versus the fifty foot limitation, one hundred and twenty bedroom, a hotel, and this whole new development that it sounds like the vast majority of High Park residents did not Were you at council meeting yesterday.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a council yesterday. I was at the committee meeting on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So you saw what was there, You saw what was going on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it was just incredible that in the citizens that spoke were some of the most passionate, sincere articulate witnesses you ever wanted to hear and it just seems and somebody mentioned it yesterday. I watched it on TV. A citizen came forward yesterday and he said, you know what, at the end of that committee meeting, three or four of these council members had prepared remarks that they were making. They prepared them ahead of time, which tells all of us how that they had made their minds up before they even walked into the room. So what is the charade all about? And that's what we keep getting with this city council and with this city mayor. Is they do all these things and they may make it look like, oh, the communities involved, and we're taking your issues into consideration. They couldn't be farther from the truth. These city council members made up their mind long ago and there wasn't anything that these citizens could do to change their minds. And that's really what has to change in city Hall.
Speaker 1: Well, and you told me all air, and I wasn't even aware of it, because Hyde Park got organized to stop this. They were loud, they had campaign signs or save the Square or whatever. I mean, it was almost like a campaign for political office in terms of their opposition on this and the targets, of course, were the members of the city council and the mayor. It wasn't the entire community of Hyde Park over some bond issue or whatever. They were just focusing their attention on elected officials in the City of Cincinnati, Right.
Speaker 3: But you said this happened also in bond Hill.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, there was a development in bond Hill that was proposed. Developer came in, met with the communit unity up there, they all supported it. He goes back and he changes the plan and he makes it. He makes it look like the neighborhood approved it. What he was finally proposing was not what the community voted on, Jill bait and switch. Yes, very much so. And that's another one where the city council just went with the developer.
Speaker 3: Well connected developer.
Speaker 2: Well, for this city council, they're all well connected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't coin the phrase. The last time you were here.
Speaker 1: You pointed out on this Hyde Park issue that we're talking about very well connected developers. In other words, big developers with a lot of money that fun campaigns and get things done for them that the ordinary, everyday voting citizen, the constituent can't get done.
Speaker 2: Right, what's interesting is one of the witnesses in supporting the project that spoke at the meeting was a lobbyist for the developer.
Speaker 3: I knew you were going through.
Speaker 1: I think it was maybe like a family member or one of the owners of the developer or something like that.
Speaker 2: Rumor is that she wants to run for city council.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, Well, what I.
Speaker 2: Think is that if that's the case, and this city council loves developers as much as they seem to love developers, maybe one of them would get up, give up their seat or give up their spot on the blue ticket they give to this lobbyist. Why not?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it would represent a change for the good or the better or worse. It's just impossible to know at this point. But what I draw from this is clearly this dictatorial council ignores the will of its voters, ignores the will of the citizenry, violates this representative democracy process. They're supposed to take into consideration what the majority of those folks out there want, and they just basically raise their metaphorical middle finger at everybody in Hyde Park and said screw you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been reported to me that Jeff Cramerdin was being interviewed yesterday on the radio and he called the citizens impediments and that's consistent with a grant that the city prepared for HUD that called the citizens barriers. So that's really that's that's the city council in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: That's it. You know. I'm sorry, that's disturbing.
Speaker 2: It's very disturbing. But there are two people on the city council who get it, I know, the Vice mayor and Scottie Johnson. And it's like, why aren't we listening to the citizens here? And they just didn't carry the day well.
Speaker 1: Tee Lee readings a little difficult, and I was going to ask to you know who you were planning on endorsing at the tail end of this discussion, but was since we only have a couple minutes left in the segment. I when Corey Bowman was on He's going to be back on this program tomorrow, by the way, folks, if you want to tune in for that. But when Corey Bowmen was in here last time, we talked about this issue and I said, you know what, Hyde Park votes pretty blue. They're for pretty much Democrats over there, I said, because they are being ignored this city council and the mayor aren't worthy of their support. Are going to alienate so many people in Hyde Park. I said, Corey, you may have a really good opportunity to at least maybe get some campaign contributions and perhaps a good chunk of the voters over in Hyde Park to vote for you. The primaries coming up. If you know, this is just this is the top two. They don't break it down into party. So if the Hyde Park residents want to really show how angry they are, they should overwhelmingly vote.
Speaker 3: For Corey Bowman.
Speaker 1: And I'm encouraging everybody in the City of Cincinnati do the same thing. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Corey Bowman came out as the top vote getner over aftab per Ball.
Speaker 2: That would be something, Brian, I would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, we can have a party in celebration the we're just that accomplishment, not that he would ultimately become mayor, but just for the people to voice their discontent and their absolute outright outrage over what happened yesterday.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope, I hope that's the case, and I hope they carry that through to the general election.
Speaker 1: Well I do too, and so I suppose I can conclude from that that you are supporting Corey Bomer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, you know. And every day it just this Mayor reinforces that position, like on this over the weekend when he appeared at this fifty to fifty one protest downtown.
Speaker 1: He was They didn't even have a permit to block the streets, and there he was blocking the streets with the rest of them.
Speaker 2: He was giving it everything he could, just like AOC. He looked like AOC.
Speaker 4: He did, going on and on.
Speaker 2: About this individual deported to El Salvador, just going on and on about it.
Speaker 1: The MS thirteen wife beating gang member that had been arrested and already adjudicated a gang member.
Speaker 3: That guy, that guy, Yeah, yeah, I just can't. I just can't, family, man.
Speaker 2: I just can't go there. He looks mainstream. Aftab Purval is not mainstream.
Speaker 1: He isn't at all. He's as left as they come, because from the same tink of socialist cloths AOC. We will continue with Todd's in or Oursin's our citizen Watchdog. Get a load of this folks Cincinnati's green ambitions. I haven't gotten the details yet, but based upon the look on Todd Zenzer's face, and I know he did a podcast about this the other day, be prepared to be disgusted. Perhaps First, save money, go to affordable imaging services, just like I did not too long ago. Got my most recent CT scan at affordable Imaging Services, so I didn't have to pay five thousand dollars at a hospital imaging department and then pay extra for the board certified radiologist report. I paid six hundred dollars because they needed a contrast four hundred and fifty without a contrast, six hundred with a contrast. That's all you pay. It's at affordable imaging services. Yes, it's the same kind of equipment the hospitals use. Yes, medical professionals are operating it. No, my doctor had no issues whatsoever with the scan or the radiologist report, just like the last couple of times I did it.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: Save money on echo cardograms and they'll get you right in with an echo cardigram. We're talking about your heart here. You want to wait around a month? We're worrying. No, get right in int affordable imaging services where without an enhancement, it's only five hundred bucks eight hundred with an enhancement. Same thing across the board, MRIs, ultrasounds, long screenings, cardiac scorings, fraction of the cost, low overhead, but same equipment. The results are always fine. Exercise of choice. You've got one five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Are you a business? Why?
Speaker 1: Channeline says, partly to the mostly cloudy skies, pop up storms after two PM. Today's high seventy nine, fifty nine overnight with isolated storm if possible, seventy nine to the high again tomorrow with clouds in the morning with a slight chance of rain and then even storms at least the possibility of it increases as the day rolls on.
Speaker 3: Overnight spotty rain possible with the I don't know what the low is. They didn't write it down. Sorry.
Speaker 1: And on Saturday, sixty five with a high, mostly cloudy and try it's fifty five right now, time for traffic from the UC TRAMFHIC Center.
Speaker 6: You see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at youseehealth dot com. Sep Bend seventy five slows first through Wachland, then heavy from Hampel to an accident in Covington that hands everything but the right lane blocked office. You come off of the brand Spence. That's an extra half hour minimum. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven nineteen fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with Citizen Watchdog Todd Zenzer, former Inspector General, keeping his eye on the craziness going on in downtown Cincinnati and pivoting over Cincetti apparently has some green ambitions. I know this is your latest podcast, Citizen Watchdog. Find out where you get your podcast, Todd, what's this insanity all about?
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, I, like everybody else, see what's happening at the federal level with funding and the E and the Department of Energy, and the money that the city has been getting on climate activities is going to end. And you don't hear anybody at city Hall talking about what they're going to do differently. But Since two thousand and eight, the city every five years has updated their Green Plan Green Cincinnati Plan. It started in two thousand and eight with mister Mallory. He called the plan a climate protection plan. I don't know if he was protecting us from the climate or protecting the climate. And then every five years they have updated their Cincinnati Green Plan. In every five years it gets more and more extensive and really radical, I mean really extreme. The twenty twenty three Green Cincinnati Plan is probably the most comprehensive of climate change bible that you would ever want to see. It covers the whole gamut of civilization basically in Cincinnati, our food, our energy, our look at some others, mobility, natural environment, resilience, and climate adaptation. They have these eight focus areas, and each focus area has one to three goals, and then each goal has all these activities that they want to accomplish and furtherance of that goal. And you look at these things and well, first of all, you don't know whether it's really happening or not, and you don't know exactly what they're doing, you don't know how much all this is costing, and they just go about their business like this is the main thing, and it's not the main thing. And I, based on what I've been doing, if the city has to cut back on spending, this would be the area to cut back. If they stopped all these activities tomorrow, nobody would notice. Nobody would notice that, Oh, well, we're not going out trying to promote people to get on plant based diets anymore. Nobody's going to notice that.
Speaker 1: I didn't even realize they were out promoting people to get on plant based diets anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was a goal in the twenty eighteen plan.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Maybe then they I guess they embraced the idea of pairing back snap benefits to take out sugary beverages and and and and fatty foods and doritos.
Speaker 2: So that's a good question, Brian. I don't know if they would go for that or not.
Speaker 1: No, they wouldn't go for that because that would deprive people of choice, the choice that they're arguing they shouldn't have because they want you to eat plants. Yes, so none of this makes sense. It doesn't really make Well, let's let's look at it from a broader element. How many we have, like two hundred and eighty thousand people or dollars roughly, Yes, in a defined space that's a city of Cincinnati. The geographical limitations. That's as far as their power extends. What do they really truly think can be accomplished by imposing all of these edicts and mandates on a finitely, if very infinitely comparently small space within the state of Ohio when everybody around us isn't doing this. More fundamentally, outside of the country, like China and India and Turkey and other large producers of pollutants, they're not doing it anyway. We're all breeding the same damn air. What possible benefit can any of this have on impacting the climate so that somebody could make that argument, I think it makes them certifiably insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that the EPA is going to do something about this CO two and endangerment.
Speaker 3: Of it's plant food for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Right, So the city. I think that they are following the Democrat orthodoxy. But one of the things, as they do with the Green Cincinnati Plan is their tentacles go out even further. They've got about seventy different community organizations and nonprofits that are on board, and they're giving money to these groups, yeah, to do all these things, and they build this constituency, but it's that constituency really isn't in the neighborhoods as far as I can tell, maybe a couple of neighborhoods. But I really don't think the people in West Price Hill or East Price Hill are really thinking that the city is putting a dent into the greenhouse gases. They claim they are some kind of dent. Oh, we've reduced greenhouse gases in the city of Cincinnati by x percent or something like that. But the greenhouse gases only affect the atmosphere at a very high level. So yeah, it really doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: And I suspect the folks in Price Hill or Avondel or pick A neighborhood are probably a little bit more worried about the property tax bill and putting food on the table and inflation and stuff that really matters. And this all is taking money away from resources that might go to well, I don't know, phil potholes or improve the the the neighborhood. From a broken windows theory connected standpoint, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, well, if they put as much energy into planning fixing the roads as they have in this Green Cincinnati plan, we would see a lot more progress on our infrastructure. But I've been trying to figure out how much money this is all costing. It's not easy to track through the city, but so far it looks like in two thousand and four they received forty five million dollars in federal grants and then the city spent their own money to about nine million dollars for green New Green Cincinnati activities, and so a lot of that money is just going to go away. And they have people on staff. The city has people on staff, especially in their Office of Environment and Sustainability, I think is what they call it. I mean, they basically have this attitude, we eat what we kill. So they file all these grant applications with the federal government. Yeah, the head of the office was quoted in the newspapers saying that, oh, he's They've put applications in for between sixty and eighty million dollars. And so you have people writing these grants. When you get their grants, you have to manage the grant and it consumes so much energy and part of the city staff that I don't know how they're making progress in some of these other areas.
Speaker 1: I don't think the point is to make progress, Todd. I think the point is to fund non governmental organizations and put money in those folks pockets who probably do live out in the suburbs and really nice multi hundred thousand dollars homes and enjoy the fruits and benefits of the American taxpayers labor while not accomplishing a single thing. I don't think they're out there actually do anything. I think they're just out to put money in their own pocket.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a very the city of Cincinnati is very high risk when it comes to these nonprofits. So far, they've got leverage support that they give out to the community. That's about fifty groups or so they had. Then they started this Act for SINSI, which is their violence prevention program. That's got another seventy sixty seventy groups, and then the Green Cincinnati Plan has over one hundred groups. Lord that they are trying to organize or that they all of.
Speaker 1: Whom have salaries and need to be funded before any actual work and be done or something can be actually accomplished out in the world to achieve whatever goal it is they were formed to achieve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is this is this is a very risky, risky proposition to have all this city money going out to all these different groups and nobody's really overseen it. There was a case in Cleveland, for example, where one of the council members was perpetrating some fraud schemes through these nonprofits in Cleveland the same way. In one case, he got one of the nonprofits to put his girlfriend on the payroll for five thousand a month. And then the other case he got is he got a I think a development corporation, a local development corporation, to sell property to his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: That's pauseive. We need an inspector general, is what we need to have.
Speaker 2: Oh, we definitely need one, Bryan, Yes.
Speaker 1: We did. We'll bring our inspector general back here after these brief words beginning with cover.
Speaker 3: Since he make the call to cover.
Speaker 1: Since you know your medical insurance is expensive, I know you've got all times of out of pocket liability. I know they do not claims all the time. I know what your copays are. It's a lot. It's a hell of a lot of money.
Speaker 3: And cover.
Speaker 1: Since he is a broker that works with hundreds of insurance companies, access to thousands of policies.
Speaker 3: They work for you. One size does not fit all. They know that though.
Speaker 1: If you have a small business, they'll talk to every single employee and prepare package of insurance for each employee's personal needs. You don't buy group insurance. You go through cover sincey and it works out great for so many folks businesses, improving the bottom lines and getting employees happy about the medical insurance coverage coverage that'll actually want and can use. So you know, it doesn't since it doesn't cost anything, doesn't obligate you to do anything. Find out if they can do this for you. Coversinci dot com is a form you can fill out online and if you're listening to me in some other states, this isn't just the Greater SINCINNTI area. They are nationwide. They can do this for anybody out there. Cover sinci dot com. Get the process started by filling the format or call them directly five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 4: Get ready.
Speaker 3: The Iheartspring auction is coming up April twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight through May fourth.
Speaker 5: Grab some great deals on jewelry, lawnmowers, carpet cleaning, tree services, window covering, boat installation, home improvement and more.
Speaker 3: Visit bid on sincy dot com and get ready to save.
Speaker 1: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linder Center of Hope Linders Center of Hope dot org. Hys Brian Thomas, host of the Videbot Krasey Morning Show with Lauren Niece or Lauren is a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at the Linder Center of Hope. More information go to Linder Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six hope. Who should consider psychotropic medications?
Speaker 5: So anyone who has concern for bothersome symptoms, whether they're diagnosed or undiagnosed. So feeling on edge all the time might indicate anxiety, having some hopelessness, difficulty getting out of bed, a feeling unmotivated, tearful might indicate some depression. So if you have anything like that going on, going to talk to someone about if maybe a psychotropic is good for you, or even like maybe therapy. Anyone who's in therapy, whether that be talk therapy or trauma therapy. And this goes in the coping mechanisms that you're learning in therapy aren't helpful or not fully managing your symptom.
Speaker 1: More information on mental health, go to Liveder Center of Hope dot org or call five one three five three six hope. Any Jennin tells us as far as the weather goes partly the mostly cloudy skies, pop up storms may show up after two PM. Today's I seventy nine down to fifty nine tonight with some isolated storms possible.
Speaker 3: Seventy nine.
Speaker 1: The high again tomorrow with clouds, slight chances of rain in the morning and showers and possible storms.
Speaker 3: Increasing in the afternoon and the.
Speaker 1: Evening overnights since body rain possible, and then on Saturday Driday sixty nine or sixty five for the high with mostly cloudy skies fifty five.
Speaker 3: Right now, traffic time redly.
Speaker 4: You see help Trampic Centerate, you see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible, that's boundless from better outcomes.
Speaker 4: Expect more at U see help dot com.
Speaker 6: Stoppend seventy five continues to crawl between Hoppel and an accident in Covington.
Speaker 4: That has everything but the right lane blocked.
Speaker 6: Officer coming off of the brand spence over a half hour delay stopbound two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence Burn Rampamchale Cropper, Chuck Ingram on fifty five K See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty two fifty five KR See the talk station Brian Thomas with citizen Watchdog Todd Zenzer, former Inspector General. And we have a couple of minutes here, since I suppose the conversation on fiscal responsibility also dovetails into the attacks on Elon Musk, let's pause on that one's I'm gonna give a little bit more attention. You got to, I know you had something to say about Greg Landsman getting in trouble with his failure to report his stockish or stocks.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, back during the campaign it came out that he failed to make disclosures for basically his whole first.
Speaker 3: Term, as is required under law. Exactly, it's been a law for a long time, yes, And.
Speaker 2: So he came out and said, well, I'm supporting legislation that would prohibit members of Congress from UH trading in stocks. Well, that went by the wayside. Now the new proposal is to force members to put all their stock into a blind trust or something like that, and he supports that, but in the meantime he had to dump hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks in order to walk the walk the talk.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious. Well they did call him out on it's there to disclose, so and and and through these revelations we also found out that he was invested in defense contractors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's very hypocritical in terms of in tobacco companies too, right, Yeah, what what he talks about out on the campaign and where he puts his money.
Speaker 3: So he's not a green investor.
Speaker 2: No, he's going for the money.
Speaker 1: He's going for the money, right, And you know, I suppose a prudent investor in spite of the fact whether they like war, appreciate war, want to get out of wars, knows that the wars are perpetual. We manufacture a lot of munitions and sell them off to other countries. So raytheon, let's get some money. Rathon.
Speaker 2: Well, what's funny is that he must know that many members of Congress go into Congress with little money and come out of Congress with a lot of money. And that's all being done through the stock market. Yep, and so he's got to know that. So maybe that's why he has been reluctant to dump those stocks last See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows what Congress is going to vote on, what's coming up with the proposed legislation, is what's likely to pass, and knows where, how which companies are going to benefit as a consequence of it. It's degreased palm index that Nathan backg Recking ed Fink and invented before they retired. Whoever had the most lobbying money going into Congress, they'd pick those companies. They put him in one fund. I don't know how it ended up working out in terms of return on investment, but something tells me it probably.
Speaker 3: Worked out pretty well. I would think it did more with Todd Zenzer.
Speaker 1: After these brief ward seven thirty five, I cought up on seven thirty six fifty five KCV talk station. You want the dynamic duo of dentistry working on your teeth, you need doctors Peck and Freu outstanding at what they do. My general dentistman doctor Peck, for years that he's just got the best crew of working their family friendly environment, really just wonderful dentistry and he, of course is one of the premier cosmetic dentists in the entire country, one of the only three accredited fellows of the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry. Doctor frew on her behalf, probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Speaker 3: She is as sweet as she can be.
Speaker 1: So if you're one of those folks that doesn't like going to the dentists, you'll love doctor Freu being your dentist. And she's on her way to accreditation with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry. So you got years of experience from pack fresh perspectives from doctor frew All in the best dental environment you can have, always the most date of the art clinic you can go to very very close to the Montgomery Road exit. It's at two seventy five. You're almost there, So I call that convenient worth of the drive. If you're looking for the well life changing impact of exceptional cosmetic dentistry, to find them online, go to peck pek pec kpecksmiles dot com. Call them for an appointment. You'll be glad you did five one, three, six, one seventy six sixty six. That's sixty two one seventy six, sixty six fifty.
Speaker 4: Five KRC dot com the future.
Speaker 1: Quick weather forecast here clouds for the most part, pop up storms after two highest seventy nine, got a chance of storms over night. Fifty nine for the low, mostly cloudy, chance of rain and possibly storms later in the afternoon Tomorrow. Seventy nine is going to be the high. Spotty rain possible over Friday night and a dry Saturday with the highest sixty five and mostly cloudy sky fifty five.
Speaker 3: Now traffic time from.
Speaker 6: The UCL Traffic Center. You see health go find comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Step bound seventy five slows in and Adam Chlan then very heavy from Hoppel to an accident in Covington. Only the right lane gets by as you come off of the bridge thanks to that wreck.
Speaker 4: That's an extra half hour.
Speaker 6: Minimum Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRE see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCD Talk Station Brian Thomas with Citizen Watchdog, former Inspector General Todd Zenzer and the kind of topics that we talk about, Todd.
Speaker 3: Are just mind blowing.
Speaker 1: I mean it angers me and I just stare and disbelieve that our elected officials actually go down these various roads that they have gone down, that they disregard the citizens will in the case of High Park. They're pursuing these green agendas with all these hundreds of non governmental organizations without accomplishing a single thing. Hopefully this federal dollars will dry up. But I think, as you said off air, though, probably just go ahead and redirect like road road repair money and critical infrastructure money to continue the pursuit of a green agenda to the I mean, to the detriment of everybody in every neighborhood in the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's going to be a choice for them down the road when all this federal money drives up and they have to make a decision on what they're going to cut. I don't have a lot of confidence that they're going to look at the green Cincinnati plane and say, oh, yeah, we don't need that. They're gonna make They're going to continue to make that a priority.
Speaker 1: Well, and I can't imagine that being a magnet for business and industry if you want to draw people into the city, you want to allow them to have choices about where they live and what they live in, and ability to drive in and out of it so they can escape it if they need to. Anyhow, And that's what employees of big incorporations would want to Big corporations want to g GE.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, did they move out? They That's right, they did. How's that working that for them? Anyhow?
Speaker 1: Justice Department just released an additional what they called the Greatest Hits the other day. Attorney General Pambondi, this is the Doge related conversation. City's fiscal responsibility, coupled with the outrage that I know you felt when you saw one of our elected officials, councilwoman, talking about burning teslas and attacking Elon musk Um.
Speaker 3: Let us see here.
Speaker 1: They cut two million dollars used for quote, national listening sessions of individuals with lived experience close quote asked jo just Treger this morning if he's had lived experience, and he has, and of course I've had fifty nine years of lived experience. I don't know what the hell that means, but we just cut two million dollars. It was going to that six hundred and ninety five dollars six hundred and ninety five thousand dollars for a quote. Excuse me, this is great and you're one of the most intelligent people I know.
Speaker 4: Tell me what this is?
Speaker 1: A parallel, convergent, mixed methods case study research designed to assess the efficacy of police departments, LGBTQ liaison services.
Speaker 2: WHOA how about that?
Speaker 1: That's a mouthful six hundred and ninety five grand of the taxpayer money. Anyway, the list just keeps getting longer and longer, and yet they're out there calling Elon Musk a Nazi and destroying Teslas and Tesla dealerships and Tesla charging stations. Once the darling of the Green agenda now is become an evil person because he's pointing this stuff out.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, When a council member, Anna Albi, when they passed a resolution a couple of weeks ago to support the federal employees, and then if you look at the resolution, it basically just slams the administration about cutting this and cutting that, and she was triggered big time when it came to this. They all get a chance to talk about the resolution. So when it came to Miss Albi, she said, well, we're all talking very calmly about this, we should be angry. And she just went off and she started accusing Elon Musk of going around and harming people and harming our community and our residents from top to bottom, and just she she seemed like somebody that might just go out in Kia tesla. That's the way she seemed to me.
Speaker 1: And a guy again, you know, it's like five minutes ago in your life, experience lived experience time was the darling of the Green agenda, was the greatest guy on the planet because he invented the best electric vehicle out there, no more emissions. We're all going to save the world. And he becomes evil because he shows that there are hundreds of thousands of Social Security numbers out there in the world for people that are over one hundred and twenty. That he reveals all of these insane programs that are on their face absolutely indefensible that he's running. He's endeavoring to run the federal government more efficiently like a real company, as opposed to squandering our labor in the form of taxpayer dollars. That's all bad, all because some federal employee in a useless department loses their job, they don't cry shed a single tier when some other business fires employees or goes to reorganization. I mean, I used to work for Anthem. I went through three reorgs. They lost people, they changed the departments, they shifted things down, they got rid of middle management. There wasn't an article in the paper even written about it, and not a tear shed. Federal employees aren't really doing anything and not even shown up at work. They're out in the street protesting over it and turning Elon Musk into somehow the head of the National Socialist Party well nazi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, the federal government has already has personnel rules in place to do everything that's being done. It's not like they've come in and invented things. In fact, they're being very generous with this, the buyout and the way the buyout. Oh sure, and it has to be done. And for a member of city council to think that we don't spend enough money and that we shouldn't be cutting is just irresponsible.
Speaker 1: Listen, two trillion in additional expenditures from the federal government annually beyond what they spend and take in in taxes. We've dug ourselves into a monumental hole almost thirty seven trillion dollars. The debt service is already a trillion dollars, and someone's advocating to continue down that path. That person is either financially as ignorant as a post or is desirous of the end of the United States of America as we know, because it's going to crash our fiat currency. Yeah, she came off as a nefarious or stupid in either case stupid.
Speaker 2: It's very emotional, no question about that.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with Todd's zenser one more segment. I wish we could talk for an entire day. Todds Enzer Gate of Cemetery of mont Government. I think I need it. It's a serene, beautiful and not to die there. I know I'm talking about because it's just a serene and beautiful place, and Gate to Heaven is encouraging people to come and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding. It is so well maintained. It's springtime, the flowers are coming up. They got these winding trails. It's trankful, it's peaceful. It's a great location for prayer and reflection, especially when you get all ginned up over the insanity coming out of downtown Cincinnati and Council's antics one area they've been ministering to the tri State for more than seventy seven years and again open to everybody. So head on over and relax and exhale for a moment and enjoy nature, honoring life on sacred ground. Learn more online go to Gate of Heaven dot org. Fifty five KRC the talk station when the power goes.
Speaker 3: Chan and nine.
Speaker 1: First on the forecas it's going to be mostly excided today, pop up storms after two pm seventy nine for the high chance of isolator storms overnight with a low of fifty nine, mostly fighting. Tomorrow start out with a slight chanceerrain and then possibility of storms later in the afternoon and evening seventy nine the high overnight it's going to be body rain Saturday, dry day, cloudy day and highest sixty five fifty six.
Speaker 3: Right now, time for.
Speaker 4: Traffics from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 6: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at uce health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Lachland, then again from Hoppel to an accident in Covington. Only the right lane gets by coming off of the brand Spence Bridge over a forty minute delay. Northbound seventy five slows out of Erlwiner into the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kre and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's Seine fifty five KR city talk station. Certainly an eye opening hour here in the fifty five carre Sea mornings. She would always did with is when toddzensers in the studio, former Inspector General. Citizen Watchdog is his podcast check it out. He's one of the few sources of information that we get like this, and I am just I feel blessed to be in a position to let folks know about it. I think so few people really realize how our city is being governed and what their objectives are, and they seem to have nothing to do with the day to day lives of the people that live in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Todd, Yeah, looking at this green Cincinnati Planet's almost as if there's two different efforts in the city. One is kind of the police, and fire, sewers, water, and then there's this other group that's doing all these things about the climate and it's kind of behind the scenes for the most part. Yeah, and it's very well funded, very well staffed, and it's energy and effort on the part of the city staff that could be redeployed to help with these core services. Exactly, Brian.
Speaker 1: I mean, our infrastructure is falling apart, and they're always complaining about insufficient dollars. L was, what is that? What are the motivations for selling the railroad? Absolutely, and then we find out there's tens of millions of dollars being thrown out there to hundreds of organizations for the purpose of achieving some inachievable or unachievable climate goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and the workforce keeps getting bigger.
Speaker 1: Along those lines. Along those they're not hiring more people to fix the roads or keep things sewn together.
Speaker 2: The hiring is going on in the city manager's office and in the administrative staff in city Hall.
Speaker 1: If we can get people to apply for the job, I mean, think of all the additional police officers we can have. We can have a full contingent of police officers. Yeah, that is a mystery to me why they're not fully staffed. They seem to have this you know, one hundred or one hundred and so deficit in terms of vacancies, and it's just does I don't really understand it or pay them more?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I mean the police officers.
Speaker 1: If you want to get more people of quality and caliber that meet whatever expectations you have from a police officer, if you just put that nonsensical expenditure of money that's going into I don't know whatever green project, and you just offer them they need it for five, five thousand or ten thousand dollars extra year, you might get more people signed up.
Speaker 2: For the job. Yeah. Well, they're not doing things to attract candidates to the police force. In fact, they have this, they have this defund the police effort going on with three one one where they've hired what they call community responders. Yeah, and they're sending those folks out to some of these scenes instead of the police.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not armed, not prepared, not trained law enforcement officers are more like defusers or counselors or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're supposed to be mental health counselors and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talk to some cop when things go sideways? Are you gonna want a real cop there? You're gonna want someone who's gonna talk about your feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems to me if they want to do that, it should be under the police department, and and that would be a position that they could use to develop and recruit more police officers. Have him start out as these community responders and recruit them for the police force.
Speaker 3: That's an excellent idea. Gee imagine that, Oh, Todd, I'm not quite sure where to go.
Speaker 1: You are supporting Corey Bowman though, I want to absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: Corey is very down to earth. I think he has very very good intentions, and I think he wants to be a good mayor.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I've met him so many times, and he is a good man. Yes, you know, he's a sincere human being. I think he would be open to some of the concepts that you talked about today. He does absolutely want to better the city in terms of taking care of infrastructure and making things well easier to develop. I mean, he experienced his own problems in his own neighborhood with developers who wanted to come in and do some good for the neighborhood, only to be stopped by the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he's not going to be like arm mayor that it always seems that the mayor is auditioning for something, or that he's trying to get his ticket punched by the National Party or by somebody in Washington. That there is an agenda out there, we just don't know exactly what it all includes.
Speaker 1: Well, and fortunately we have u Toadzender to talk about what the agenda is behind the scenes, that they are in fact pushing real time right now and where the valuable and finite taxpayer dollars are actually being sent. Well, one can only keep our fingers crossed that that evil man Elon Musk will finally shut down massive quantities of cash for these stupid green programs and those people will have to go out and find real jobs. Toddsenzer get in touch with his podcast Citizen Watchdog. You know you're always welcome on the Morning Show. We could do this like every single day. From my standpoint, we never would accomplish getting through all the issues. But I cannot thank you on behalf of all of my listeners for the work that you do that you pay attention to all this. You keep tabs on it, you write about it, you do a podcast on it, and you're willing to come on here on the morning show from time to time to well vent your spleen, get it all of your system, and make people more aware of the what I will call shenanigan.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate it, Prian.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It has really been a treat having you on the show.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five fifty five KRC, de Talk Station, The return of Mandy Gunnasakara. She is the conservative pundit. In honor of offer or other of y'all fired, we are going to sort of continue along the same lines the media and the left's obsession with ousting Pete Hegsatt and their defense of the MS thirteen wife beater. That's after the top of the our news, followed by iHeart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at a thirty I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Hus happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: This report