Speaker 1: All righty you guys ready for a little War of the Roses.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, all right, we are going to summers. Ooh, Savannah, your day. Let's go go to summers. Erica is on the line. She thinks her boyfriend Charlie is cheating. Good morning, Erica.
Speaker 3: Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Welcome to War the Roses. I hope we can help you out today.
Speaker 3: I hope so too.
Speaker 2: All right, so tell us, why do you think your boyfriend's cheating? Like, what is happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's been acting pretty distant, okay, and last weekend he told me that he was driving two hours to visit a college friend. But I'd never heard of this college friend, okay, and that they were going to go golfing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a guy. We're assuming it's a guy. It's a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a guy. And but like you know, I think with the distance and then the fact that I didn't know who this person was, and on top of it, he's lied to me before, it was all just I was getting a little suspicious.
Speaker 1: Oh everything, throw on some red flag. So then okay, so he goes golfing, right, So.
Speaker 3: But before he went golfing, and because of all of this, I was like, I'm going to check the mileage on his car before he leaves, and so right, and so I checked the mileage. He gets home super late that night after being out golfing. I guess, and I checked the mileage in the morning and he had only driven twenty miles.
Speaker 1: And he told you he was going two hours away.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm guessing, Erica, you're thinking it was all a lie. He wasn't going golfing with a buddy, he wasn't going two hours away.
Speaker 1: He spent the entire.
Speaker 2: Day and into the evening with somebody, perhaps a woman.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, like, I know that he is lying, and I'm I'm so furious, Okay, I just want to know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think this is enough evidence for me to pick up the phone and call him right now and see if we can get some answers. Absolutely, I mean, that's just crazy, all right, Eric, And this is where we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be on hold.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call up Charlie, your boyfriend, and you know, you know the deal.
Speaker 1: We'll offer Roses. We'll see if the floorist.
Speaker 2: Can get some info out of them and feel free to jump in at any time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm so nervous.
Speaker 2: Is this making me nervous because there's red flags all over the field, literally all over the fields, all over the field.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, Charlie.
Speaker 5: This is Eric from Flowers Express.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm well, Hey, I was just shooting you call to let you know that you actually won a dozen roses in our online weekly contest. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Oh so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an amazing deal. Now here's the deal. We're not going to send the flowers to you. We're actually gonna send the flowers to someone on your behalf, sort of like a little pay for promotion. We're new here in town right off of one ninety. It'll get our name out there. I'll get your name out there. Everyone's looking good and uh yeah, it's an amazing deal. Okay, are you down to accept the flowers?
Speaker 4: I am down to accept the flowers?
Speaker 5: All right, Yes, let's do this, Charlie, my man. So here's the deal. I have a dozen roses. Along with the roses, I can send a fabulous card and we could write something nice on the card to get that out there. If you have a swing of money, you want to send these flowers too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get the old message on the card first.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, all right, and what would you like me to write on the card?
Speaker 4: I would say, I'm looking forward to another hole in one.
Speaker 5: I'm looking forward to another hole in one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the recipient and I like playing golf together.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at that.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's so much fun, so much fun. And I love the game of golf. Sadly my wife doesn't, so I usually just play by myself. Anyways, but that's here, neither here or there. But anyways, who should I address a card to.
Speaker 4: My partner in? My partner is Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Your partner is Stephanie. Oh she is? I gotcha, I gotcha.
Speaker 5: Are you guys like going out? Are you guys just like a couple's partner, like in a league or something like that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, uh no, we're co workers. This is mostly because okay, I'm jumping on the line.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, Charlie, I'm jumping on the line. This is Courtney Savannahs in the house Walmart.
Speaker 1: Jeff is the florist.
Speaker 2: You just sent a dozen roses to a coworker named Stephanie, saying I can't wait for another hole in one. Yeah, okay, well listen, you're on the radio and guess what your girlfriends here?
Speaker 1: Erica? Hi, do you know who Stephanie hell is?
Speaker 3: Stephanie?
Speaker 1: I guess?
Speaker 4: Oh, Erica, Stephanie definitely works in my office. We uh, because we we go golfing all the time. I mean, it's not like you like golfing.
Speaker 3: I have never heard of this person before. What is going on?
Speaker 4: We took up last I was that I was trying to say. Last month, we took a client golfing, and Erica is really good at the golfing part and I'm really good at the deal making part. And so we worked together to try to charm the client and we make and we got a good deal out of it. We're gonna make he's gonna invest with us. He's gonna he's invested. He's signed a contract for for for three years.
Speaker 3: Charlie, you're struggling right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're you're You're not selling anybody on this story, Bud. So Uh, no, Erica, can you tell him about out the mileage? You checked? His mileage. You didn't go two hours away to golf with a buddy.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact that you are lying because I checked your car mileage before you left to go visit this college friend and you only drove twenty miles.
Speaker 4: Erica, you're not good at cars. How would you know how to tick the mileage? You don't know what You don't know how to tick the mileage.
Speaker 3: I absolutely know how to check the mileage. You don't know how to be a good liar.
Speaker 1: He's a bumbling I read this.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact that you drove twenty miles. That No, that is a complete lie. Don't You're basically calling me an idiot. I'm not an idiot.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is painful. I am I just I. This is brutal.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm gonna put you on hold, okay, because I want to offer you guys couples counseling. If you want to take it, you can get to the bottom of the two hours and twenty miles.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You guys can discuss it off the air, but I want to put you guys on hold.
Speaker 1: Hold on