Speaker 1: Right. I like to scroll through the Internet. It's how I start my day. And we'll get into more of that at five ten and we get to the scroll Patrol. I'll share some songs that I've been seeing on Instagram that I think could have a great impact on your world. One of the things I saw while I was scrolling today was a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio and his young girlfriend frolicking on the beach. Now, I brought that up to you, guys, and it brings up a million interesting angles. But the first thing is, is this recent who knows? Like who knows nowadays? If something somebody posted it today and they said, hey, here's a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio and his girlfriend on the beach, and they just put is this okay? Now, he's forty nine and she is nineteen. Now I did some research and saw that over the past few months that yes, that has been confirmed that he at least as of the last month or two, he was dating a nineteen year old. So there's a thirty year age gap there. It happens, And yeah, forty nine and nineteen, and so I think the Internet has made girls more mature, emotionally faster, than they used to be. Okay, how old is your daughter? Nineteen? Interesting? Now, if your daughter was dating Leonardo DiCaprio, I would be jen setting all over the world. Put me in a movie with SCORSESEI Leo, let you go. Would you be like remember that time we met at that Italian restaurant? Yes, I forgot. What'd you say to him? Thank you for everything you're doing for the world, the planet. He looked at my hand and dot I said, I'm fisting you for the planet. He was kiss bumping, kiss bumping. Yeah, he was confused by it, but man, I would it would be great for my sweet nineteen year old daughter to get a solid eighteen months and with Leonardo DiCaprio before he deems her too old, right and moved on to another nineteen year old. Okay, but what if your daughter wasn't dating Leonardo DiCaprio, just an average forty nine year old guy from Garland? What's his net worth? Okay, fair, fair, So KT brought up Anthony Ketis. Anthony Ketas is fifty two and he's got a twenty year old girlfriend. So that's even a bigger age gap thirty two years. She's twenty now she's twenty. Okay.
Speaker 2: I saw him court side at a Laker game and he missed upon lines. I wasn't watching the Lakers, but she looks fourteen.
Speaker 1: He met her under a bridge and she's homeless. Quick, did I have a question? And you guys may not know, is Anthony Keatas been married before? I'm sure? Yes, right, I don't know. He just seems like a guy. It's always shirtless. I feel like shirtless guys never getting married. Here can look here fair? That is a really good point, great point, right? He has one kid? Should a woman see a shirtless guy as being reliable enough to get married? I mean, you can't even wear a shirt? When are you gonna pop the question and put a shirt on? Wow? Yeah, I don't think he's ever been married. He has, he has one kid? But uh, okay, no, it says uh oh no, no.
Speaker 2: He was gonna get married to this gal, but she ended up marrying ad Rock from the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 1: Was it Ione Sky? Yep? You guys know who Ione Sky is? Right? I don't. Ione Sky's father is Donovan, the great sixties psychedelic pop artist on the ticket? I'm not he talking Donovan the uh Crimson and Clover. Yeah, Jimmy Page stuff with Donovan. He's a legendary artist. Okay. And then she's also the lead actress and say anything. She played opposite John Cusack, So she was the girl that she married ad Rock. And actually I believe she's getting ready to drop a tell all book about her relationship with ad Rock. That's what wife. He just told me the other day. Well his girlfriend, now ketuses she does not look nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, she looks fourteen. Well she's twenty though, right, twenty.
Speaker 1: Sen Christina a picture so she can confirm that. Okay. Now, this immediately took our attention towards Bill Belichick, who recently went viral again. Now he's seventy two. His girlfriend is twenty four, so that's a forty eight year difference. They were on the beach and he was on his back holding her up with her legs and holding her hands, and so she was like soaring through the air, flying and doing stuff like that. And I saw somebody on social media say Bill Belichick is living like someone told me had a year to live. So I think that the Belichick thing is different than the other two because she can drink no, no, no, No, I'm in even more in the weird department. Yeah, I think there's something going on because with that age difference, but also as someone in their seventies that seem and dude, he's getting out of it whatever he wants to get out of it. That seems kind of predatory on her part, Like it's clearly transactional. Where I could see I could legitimately see a twenty year old young woman being enamored with, Oh, I don't know, one of the most influential stars in Hollywood, and fifty is way different than seventy. Yeah, it is. So while those age differences are massive, and it's clear that a guy like Ketis or DiCaprio are just in it for the young ass, right, Like I doubt that they think these borderline teenagers therew have a mature enough mind to offer them of any substance there, but they're in it for the ass. But I could see the people that age oh my god, it's the Chili Peppers guy or oh my god, you know what I'm saying, whereas I don't see a twenty four year old woman going, oh my god, it's the seventy three year old coach of the dynasty, that it's not a dynasty anymore. Well, was Lawrence Taylor like, right, remember when he did all that cocaine, tell me those stories. I wasn't born yet.
Speaker 2: This this girl is his agent now basically like everything goes through her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like she's the one.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's true or not, but the guydspen Pablo Toy that's times he he was like, I think he was claiming like she shut down hard knocks. And then he said, like, if you're going to get to Bill, like he's asked, like you tag her on every email. Oh, so she is freaky his secretary agent. This is definitely a work relationship, okay.
Speaker 1: And if she's going to allow him to go on to college campus, she definitely wants to ride her over that cash cow because he's going to get a younger version of her. Right, But I did. I was searching this up on the intranets and I was like, okay, so does society have a something that is acceptable? I think it's a case by case basis, and I don't know if it's opposite. If you if you like at some point, like you say said Bill Belichick being in his seventies. It feels predatory the other way. So at what point is the victim the older person? And what age gap is? Okay? And on the internet it said divide the older person's age by two and add seven years. That's the old rule. Yeah, absolutely, cut in half an ad seven and that's yeah within the rank. This is on Pineapple Express. Okay, so if there, so, if you're sixty thirty seven is acceptable? Yeah, okay, So Belichick should be dating a forty three year old unless you're famous. Yeah, okay, it changes everything. And also wonder what what else changes that? And you brought up a point Kati that if she looks super young.
Speaker 2: I think that's scot. I think, well, I bat she she's twenty, right, so.
Speaker 1: If she if she looks super young, it makes you think, all right, I want to check that person's hard drive. Yeah. Yeah, I got Peter Town situation going on here. I also think it matters if you have a daughter, like okay, so Belichick. Does Belichick have a daughter? Oh? Yeah, okay, how old is she?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's married, she's like a left girl, she's like forty. Yeah, So what I've seen him like in crying at her wedding and like acting like a human Okay, as I was at the wedding. No, no, Like I've said, he was a lot documented on TV and that thing he did with Nick Sick Sabman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was like, I spent my entire life ignoring you, and now you're married. I feel emotion.
Speaker 2: I think he's actually who does take care of his kids. I mean that's why Steve is the coaching waiting at North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know how old his daughter is, but it's probably forties because his wife, he's seventy two. His wife was in her like early late fifties, early sixties. You talk about that big buck, some blonde gal the gut married. Uh you tell about his ex wife Okay, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: He was never married to that other Galley towed it around forever. And she was within the range, the big giant boob blonde girl. Yeah, like she was probably in her late forties early and if he married huh, I don't think so wow, Okay, she she had was nice, she had huge Yeah. He says they were married in seventy seven. So no, no, no, Acly, he didn't marry that gallant Okay, there's a new one after her. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. He has. He has an ex. He did the whole Jimmy Johnson thing where it's like, hey, I'm a big time football coach, I don't have time to be married.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, best coaches? I mean, right, do you want to be great at what you do?
Speaker 1: You know? Right? Man got to commit, you know. I saw Colin Mori Kawa talking about on that Netflix thing. Oh God, like his girlfriend can't be like too close to him. Yeah, you know, just you take the dog. I gotta go practice. It can't be great with you on me all the time. Isn't that what Rory did with the tennis gal.
Speaker 2: Well that was a long time ago and she was just as famous as him at the time.
Speaker 1: Didn't didn't they like after they put out the wedding invitations he called it had a bad deal.
Speaker 2: He got fake divorce last year. They're documenting you on that Netflix. I'm not there yet, but they're going into his divorce very good, but I'm not fully into it yet. It's just kind of been hinted at.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have a problem with the age gap though? Like, what is too young for you know, let's just say a middle aged man. So let's just say fifty. What's too young? Okay, Well, none of my business. It's my business because I have a daughter. So if my I don't want my daughter dating anyone that is ten years older than her unless they're unless the older you guess, like you're talking about like she's eighteen, she's eighteen. I don't want her dating anyone who's over thirty, okay. And then if she but that gets it matters less as she's more mature, because I feel like it's somebody taking advantage of her vulnerability. That makes sense, sure, and obviously it's all a case by case basis. But the older she is, the more comfortable an with her dating someone older. But still, I don't want it ever to really, let's be real. You would not love it if Grace came home with a at eighteen with a twenty seven year old man. My god, no, I'd hate it. Twenty six okay, so nights he's nineteen and it's a twenty seven year old man. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Still, I was like, so it's like now Grace is twenty five now, okay, and it's a thirty five year old man.
Speaker 1: I feel better about it that thirty five and twenty five is nothing to me. I feel better about it. Like once you're once you're out of college and you go out into the world and experience life as an adult. If someone ten years older than in general, this is this is super you know, it's it's not dead on. But women mature emotionally and mentally faster than men. So the idea that a thirty five year old man and a twenty five year old woman might be in the same place emotionally is not that out of whack. But I do think you need to get You need to get through whatever your early adult experiences are before you really start having legitimate, understandable relationships where you can hack it. You know what I'm saying. I know it reminds me of something. I don't know what it is. I'll figure it out during the break. But coming up next in the weekly weekday Update, where are we gonna go? KT boy, they're trying to take away the kids' phones. Dude, Texas having a big debate and I got the details. Wow, you know, now's the perfect time to give away some disturbed tickets as you know they are coming to town and we got tickets to give away.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We give them away to people that we know are avid listeners of the show, people that have that iHeart app, which is free where you can stream and download podcasts, and of course use the talkback feature. That's what we use to give away tickets. First person right now that leaves a message with the talkback feature with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question. We talked about a couple of guys with much younger girlfriends. They were former Patriots coach Bill Belichick. They were actor Leonardo DiCaprio, and we talked about what lead singer of what La band? We were just talking about them. If you know the answer to that question, you're gonna win those disturbed tickets. You have to have the iHeart app, be the first person to leave us all that information, and you are good to go. We got some sports stuff coming up. We got the Today Game, which you have to listen live. We never podcast that Ben's got another scroll Patrol Cooking. But this segment is brought to you by Roller Town beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Solina that Ben and I are partners in. We have a big hot beer experience going on this weekend at the brewery with the hop Apocalypse. All kinds of great hoppy beers going on for that, including our new I Love La beer that you'll find out that was brew to support the fires or the people that were suffering from the fires out there in LA and help them raise money. It's a big effort that started with LA Breweries and we were the first out of California brewery to sign up for that. We're very proud of that. Also, make plans to join us on opening Day at Live by Low's big roller Town Party with the Ben and Skin Show Live. We'll be doing our show from three to six. Party starts at noon. We'll be there all day after party, after the game when we get off there at six. Make your plans March twenty seventh, Thursday, be there noon on into the evening. It's our big opening day party Ben and Skin Show and Rollertown Beer Works. But right now it's time for this, and now it's.
Speaker 5: Time for Basis week Day Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie Fontweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Because we normally do the Hollywood shovel. Here, I'll just give you a snippet of Hollywood stuff before we get to the big stories that you need to know about. Next three episodes of SNL have been announced. Finally, we're back the twenty ninth of March with Mikey Madison and Morgan Wallen. Okay, Mikey Madison, who's everyone on top of it? We know who this is? I don't, I do? She just won an Academy Award. She just won an Academy Award for a Nora playing the role of Anora. Okay, in which she has a lot of sex. Okay, my wife just said that she watched that movie on the flight Colorado. However, she didn't get to see the final forty five minutes. Isn't that where everything gets weird?
Speaker 2: It's when it's when the movie basically turns into a Keystone Cops episode. Okay, it's pretty great, but also no, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: She was in Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I remember her, Yes, one of the Manson girls, and then she was in a show and FX called Better Things. Morgan wall and your musical guests again, Jack Black April fifth musical guest, The combo platter Elton John and Brandy Carlisle. Boy, if you want to suck the lifeile room for me, that's oh that's rough.
Speaker 1: John or Brandy Carlisle. I'll say both at this point. I was a Brandy Carlisle fan in twenty twelve, but she turned into like the gay jelly roll. I thought she she does. She's wonderful, Yeah, but she's everywhere and you can't escape her now. She's at everything. Her music's kind of sleepy. It was not back in the day, but she got old sleepy. You know, you get older and you get tired. John Hamm and Lizzo will be I want to watch them together. I think that's a match man Evan, Yeah, there is. They probably could do that. There you go. By the way, did you guys see happen to see Jack White's Instagram post about what happened at the baseball game he went to in Japan? Sorry, go ahead. He was sitting with Bill Murray. That was that was a coincidence. That was not planned. Really. He went to a Major League baseball game on the other side of the world in Japan, got to his seats and he was sitting next to Bill Murray. Wow, that is wild smaller world than you think. Yeah, I remember when I went to Italy and I'm taking a tour. What's the last supper? He's in the last supper of the paint You've seen it, all right, go into the last supper in Italy before you went back. Boy, I would love to go back and have more suppers there. But seeing he took a tour of a painting, well, a tour of the church, and then yeah, whatever, Yes, there's twenty Yes, Siste General, seventeenth Chapel, the eighteenth there's twenty people on the tour or whatever because it's you're not allowed to have more than that, okay, because they don't want someone bum rushing and destroying the painting my protesters have done for And I meet a guy who is a big listener of ninety seven to one. All right, well, it's like.
Speaker 2: It's over a year ago. But the world's smaller than you think. And that's how Jack White could end up next to Bill Murray. These things happening. You could be on the other side of the world and run into someone who knows you or ostensibly knows you.
Speaker 1: Yepy incredible. That was really good. By Kevin. That's true.
Speaker 2: Cell phone bands that launched into some North Texas schools in recent years may be expanded statewide. Now we've talked about this because Richardson ISD and Lake Highland's High School have forked out money to get those yonder pouches so kids can't have their phones during class.
Speaker 1: But not everyone's doing that. And right now legislation's happening. For one hundred and forty days, they actually have to go to work, you know, I mean, out look, I'd say a lot about our politicians. I think a lot of them have asset. I think a lot of them hide.
Speaker 2: But for this one hundred and forty days, you gotta go in and we actually talk about some stuff. And this is all these bills that are on Capitol Hill. You know, this is what happens. So they're discussing a bill. The thing that was interesting to me about this new bill that they're debating is the guy who has proposed this bill is a twenty six year old representative, so a gen Z representative. He said, the constant use of phones is contributing to a mental health crisis. It's triggering classroom management problems for teachers. I remember just, you know, less than a decade ago, trying to sneak my phone into into the high school classroom. And I was like, okay, I saw that, and I was like, okay, why was he sneaking it?
Speaker 1: Because they were always allowed, So what do you mean?
Speaker 2: The point is he is the one who started this, and I think it's wild that someone of that generation is proposing this bill.
Speaker 1: It's smart. Look, I if I was a teacher, that would drive me nuts. It drives me nuts just being out about you look around and everyone's on their phone, not enjoying in the moment being present, and then I got to go get on my phone, and then they're looking at me, going, hey man, how come you can't ask it? Like we're all buried, we all have our heads buried in our phones. It is. It does shock me when I can text my seventeen year old and I expect him to just get to it whenever, and he responds in class immediately, and I'm like, oh my gosh, really like I had it out, that's aig deal. My son is on his phone constantly and responds to text messages three weeks later. It's unbelievable. Genius. Honestly, I don't. I don't mind them doing this. I think it would help, but it's not going to cure this disease we all have where we're addicted to our phones.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't just sit here and go and say, okay, well that's a law. Now though we have to debate this, and yesterday's hearing, this is what happened. There was bipartisan support. Oh, let's go, which never happens never.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: But the problem that they run into is two questions. Question number one one, who's going to pay for those pouches?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richardson id it was three hundred thousand dollars. If day forked out, might kill us pouches for eight campuses.
Speaker 1: That would have been a good two bedroom, one bathroom home over there by Richardson High School. So this is how things like, Yeah, I think we should not let students have their phone in their classroom, But how are we gonna pay for it? Yeah? I guess let them have their phone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question two that they were running into, and we have a quote from a representative from down in Houston. She says, I'm just thinking about the Uvaldi case, and it was the children who made the nine to one one calls.
Speaker 1: I thought that too. If there's an emergency, how do you contact your parents? Well, this is where I would say something controversial, but I won't, you know, somebody, because there's a bigger picture issue. I was talking to somebody about local elections, and it was somebody were telling me about town council and stuff that's happening out in the neck of the woods where I live. And they said that they expect voter turn out to be somewhere between six and eight percent. Hell yeah, man, that's good. That's pretty good. Pretty great. The people who are actually invested in caring and getting out voting, It's nuts, man. I have a concept. Shoot, instead of spending all this money on these phone pouches, you want to really save some money. I mean, I know that's happening on the federal level right now. We're just slashing programs. What if we were to get rid of schools two one, four, seven, eight seven one night?
Speaker 2: Okay, Given that the Department of Education is now run by Vince McMahon's wife, I mean I gotta say, yeah, like when the person in charge of the Department of Education, like when you've seen her get body slammed in a bit.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, this is tough for me to grab my head around. What I hear people that work in the school business talk about what's happening at school board meetings and what parents are saying all that. I'm like, you know what, I tell you what, why don't we just get rid of the school and you go raise your dumb kid and we'll see how it turns out. Yeah, we got TikTok to be teachers. Now what do we do school?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, TikTok. I don't know why anybody wants to get in that arena. It's tough, tough, it's bad. You know, parents are the most irrational humans on earth. Like, no matter what, if it involves your kids, you are not going to be rational. And then if you're pretty much stirred up and irrational in general, I mean, that is just a nightmare. Bertal, I couldn't do it. Get rid of the damn schools, get rid of them, save all that money, and you can raise your dumb, idiotic kid again. Feel free to call in two and four seven eight seven, kid get dumber. By the second. Yesterday, more than thirty one thousand pages of class that they were classified documents related to the JFK assassination were released and put on the National Archives website. How many thirty one thousand pages. Trump said they'll be releasing eighty thousand ages eventually, saying, we have a tremendous amount of paper. You got a lot of reading to do. That's like an entire forest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of papers, but it's all in PDF form on the website, so it's not like.
Speaker 1: The actually needs somebody to read it for me. Yeah, well, that's a long book. Come back and tell me like the main parts. It sounds like there's a bunch of like story building I needed, Like, what are the key points? I got an interest.
Speaker 2: Did an email from the Dallas Morning News last night and it's like we have our our staff, you know, going through the files now, and it's like a kind of a seven pmish email, And I was like, Okay, so there's stuff.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to read that for the next week. Like it's gonna take a long ass time.
Speaker 2: Many people have studied what's been released so far by the government say the public should not anticipate any earth shattering news to come from this.
Speaker 1: Plus everybody that's in it's old dead now right, Well, that's what.
Speaker 2: I've lost my kind of give a crap, And I think it's because just being too close to it. This is what people know our city for is kind of that in the TV show Dallas and Cows like. So it's kind of like I'm bored with it. There was a time when I was interested in this. Yeah, but I can imagine. Dude, would your kids even understand your kids understand your kids are? Yeah, that's very good question. Well, yeah, would y'all kids understand an assassination? What do they know about the j assassination?
Speaker 1: Man? I don't know if I don't know if they know who the current president is. I really don't know what my kids are following. I really have no idea. Is it on TikTok? Yeah? Yeah, well I mean it might be now after this.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Y'all should go interview your kids and just just ask them what they like, Tell me what you know about the JFK assassination.
Speaker 1: Okay, just leave it simple.
Speaker 2: Don't don't feed them any bait here and just let them okay see because I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'd also interviewed my wife. Yeah, that'd be cool if Our kid was like, is that the guy that ate the whale meat? That the guy that put the bear carcass in such a part? All right, there you have it coming up next and around the sports, are the cow boys about to pay a bunch of money to another player? We'll discuss next by Yes. The following segment is brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two locations at Globe Life Field and now one in Dallas and the Farmers Market. Brandon Hurtado's family spin on Mexicu Mexican barbecue. Familial recipes passed down for generations. Go enjoy some of the best barbecue you've ever had Hurtato Barbecue. But right now it's time for this, good listeners, Here comes KT fun Tweets with the round.
Speaker 4: Now let's go around the sports KT tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah fighting round Go who's the most dominant athlete in DFW?
Speaker 1: Luca at Otter, Okay Otter with Steve OTTs. Know who's a Otinger? We got another atre, Christine Corey Seer. That's pretty good. That's pretty good. Cel that's pretty good. I think it's it's possible. We don't call your order. Oh we do, Okay, I was like I called him water for a whole playoff.
Speaker 2: Steve Ott was otter for all those years too, So it's like recreated a guy who plays a different position. He thought.
Speaker 1: Christine is right, it's Corey Seeker.
Speaker 2: All of you are incorrect, but I appreciate your guesses. Okay, we have the updated and breaking news right here. The menu for the Masters Championship dinner served in honor of mister Scotti Scheffler. Oh, he's right, he is right, number one player in golf. He's right, really the most dominant player since Tiger.
Speaker 1: Uh. He's known to get arrested here and there. Great, it's a nice guy. Kind of looks like Sean Bass. That's great.
Speaker 2: His uh his menu here at the master'sizers cheeseburger sliders, firecracker shrimp and meatball and Ravielli bites.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I can get into golf. Yes, I like this when one one Masters and you can go have this meal. Is firecracker shrimp the same as dynamite shrimp.
Speaker 2: I would think, so yeah, Okay, it's gonna have that have a little spice to it though, that's where the fire cracker comes from.
Speaker 1: With that, maybe it's like a tie chili or something. You know, maybe if it's firecracker and not dynamite, it doesn't have the Asian twain or Asian zing.
Speaker 2: His first course after the appetizers. First course is Texas style chili. Okay, both cheese, havelipinos and corn chips. That's a freedo pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. Main course.
Speaker 2: Your choice of wood fired cowboy rabbi or blackened redfish. You know what, I think I'll do the redfish. I'm kind of out on steak.
Speaker 1: Hold im back on the chili. No one wants to play golf after eating? Well they okay, yeah, but do you really the te Hold on, do you really want to have a bunch of apps and then squeeze some chili in between that and steak? If well, that sounds like heartburn and it sounds it's like you're eating like a champion. I think you're right that steak is overrated. That's one of the takes that you've had that. I'll give you some love on that. Trying to come around on that a little bit, right, but I still wouldn't take redfish over it. You'd really have to destroy a steak and make it bad. I would also say, if you go get steak at the right place, it ain't over it. Do you think steak at the Masters is pretty good? Yeah? Absolutely, Scote, go get steak at brass Ram and tell me stak's overrated.
Speaker 2: The dessert is a warm chocolate chip skillet cookie with vanilla bean ice cream, and on that nilla bean dunks on vanilla every time.
Speaker 1: How how it's just so good.
Speaker 2: I think these guys are just thankful every year that an Aussie didn't win because I haven't up weird kangaroo and stuff. God, Well, at least we got a good text and he'll be We'll have a good champions.
Speaker 1: Dinner, vegamite sandwiches for everybody because an Aussie one. Yeah, graduation, Scotty the most dominant athlete in DFW sports. Let's Corey has a good year. Let's maybe we sign Micah. We're gonna sign Micah. Rumors, Yeah, I think Mike is in the running. We had some rumors out there that they were talking.
Speaker 2: First started by Mike Leslie, but I think he was going off of what Mike's brother, Tad tweeted. Then Jane Slater comes in and she's like, I've heard nothing. I've heard nothing of this. Don't think conversations have begun. I trust Micah's brother. They're gonna know better.
Speaker 1: Like, whatever the reporters are getting, that's going to be filtered through either an agent or someone in the Cowboys team. And if he's getting it straight from his brother Micah, I would lend credibility to that. Like I saw Micah's brother comment on somebody said, uh, the Cowboys insulted Micah by giving him a very low offer, and he responded to that Mike's brother and said, that's cap that's it's not accurate, that's not true. So what is his what's his track record though? And what? Like, Like lots of people have wild ass family members, you know, and now we're in a world where Okay, my last name is Parsons, watched me build up a profile. I remember he was involved in something before, but I don't remember what it was. Was he accurate on that? I trust him. I mean, I think he's getting it from his brother. If I see an athlete distance from their family member or something or kind of bark them down if they're doing something like this, But I've never seen Parsons really do that. It's hard to.
Speaker 2: Really track all of Terrence's tweets because he tweets so much. Yes, it's so much. So Jane tweeted, while there is Jane Slater the NFL r R two. While there's chatter on Twitter about Michael Parsons's a contract. I checked now is it not done but would be characterized as meaningful? Talks haven't even begun yet for two sources in form, and then Terrence retweeted her It says, I told y'all I didn't know s.
Speaker 1: So I don't no, you know.
Speaker 2: I talked to or I got John my show today on the podcast I do plug it the One Star Cowboys podcast. He said he has I've changed on this. I think it'll get done in July, so, which is how the Cowboys operate. That's ahead of schedule for the Cowboys. He's actually gonna be at training camp. It's insane to think that Dak was signed. Dak's extension was signed in a hotel room, or he found out when he was in his hotel room in Cleveland before week one of the twenty twenty three season. Yeah, like that was insane, But I think they were still up in the air. I think they know they want to keep Micah. If you attacked there, I think they were like, I don't know, I know, but CD didn't get signed in time for camp to start.
Speaker 1: Yep. If you tell me it's getting done in July, I'm like, oh, hell, they're better than what they normally do. Maybe they understand that could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything right, but maybe they understand that Micah is a little more important to the locker room, all the build up of him being the leader and all that, so he needs to be at camp where it's not as important if CD's there.
Speaker 1: I also think he's a guy who might buy in into their bs and take less money. The problem with that is his agent, and that's where you get into buying. But I mean he said it, he said it multiple times that he would take less, and it's like that's that whole thing too. It's like, to Ben's point, if that's what the guy wants, that's what the guy wants, the agent's going to try to steer him because obviously the agent gets more money when the player gets more money. But the agent works for you, and if you just want to get a deal done and you're buying into that and you feel like you can work, you know, being a cowboy linebacker, keep sewing Bleacher which he owns a piece of Bleacher Report. Did y'all see that. I knew they were when they gave him that podcast that was a he had some Yeah, yeah, they cut him in on that. He's a here's a piece of a podcast going away. Yeah, even if some people are in the locker room are like, dude, pretty annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five years at two hundred million dollars would be a team discount.
Speaker 1: God, that would be a team friendly deal.
Speaker 2: Wow, Cause Miles Garrett's get done at forty like that is a that is a discount for him.
Speaker 1: So that's a lot of dope. That is where we're at. Now you can talk about trading him. Blah blah blah. God. The NFL selling a cap is exploding at such an every year it goes up another twenty five or thirty mil. It's insane. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's a it's it's it's an industry thing that's kind of crazy. But like, I know stuff about every football team and I don't know what's going on with the Charlotte Hornete right now, and I have no idea what's going on with the Padres, but I do know what's going on with every NFL team, And maybe it's meets me, that's your interest level, But like, I'm effing fascinated by Aaron Rodgers, and the Vikings today are like, nah, we're just gonna keep the rookie that we drafted last year and aren't gonna take Aaron Rodgers even though they won fourteen games last year. And then he's got the Steelers and the Giants or he can sit on the couch and just quit. He's like, well, I'm not going to the Giants, you know this Steelers and fight with their wide receivers. It's very beautiful to me that Aaron Rodgers in this situation, no one wants him anymore.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, like the Giants. Well, I'm sure the Giants would take him. I don't know. I don't think it's crazy that nobody wants him anymore. I think it's crazy because his name is Aaron Rodgers. But at some point you go, that's the forty year old guy that's had a bunch of injuries. That's going to go say a bunch of crazy conspiracy stuff, be a distraction, and he may not be good anymore. But the Steelers are a winning team and they had Russell Wilson. You're not gonna run that back again.
Speaker 2: Which you might as well bring Aaron Rodgers in here, and I want them to bring him in there and then fight with the wide receivers.
Speaker 1: That's what I want. That's just good luck.
Speaker 2: Really excited for Opening Day next week, Mavericks play Night Awesome at Indiana.
Speaker 1: We'll be off the air little early today, five thirty thirty. Master.
Speaker 2: We're not off the year. There will be on match pre game. The game starts at six.
Speaker 1: They can win tonight.
Speaker 6: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: I think they're I think the only games left that they might be favored is maybe one of the Brooklyn games. Oh my, they may be favored in a home Toronto game at the end of the year. I don't think they're going to be favored in too many games unless there's like a drastic change in their health situation. Yeah, I mean, I think they're the underdog in every game moving forward. I would assume did you guys fill out your brackets though? Hell yeah, I have somebody working on it. Is Max doing it this year? I have somebody. I have no interest in that, man, Really, I don't care. I'm pretty jacked, man, I'm really exc you have winning your bracket. I think Robert Morris University's got a real chance against Alabama. He just wanted to do a bit because that guy he turned himself in. Yeah, it's like a tough day. It's like the best day in school history's overshadowed by the guy who turned himself in for being a molester. For the last several years, I have, you know, not followed college basketball, just no a couple of players. I don't watch it anymore, but whenever the tournament's on, it's awesome and I get pulled in immediately. Like there's always great storylines and it's fun. But college basketball is i mean, all of college sports. It's so wildly different in the day and age of nil it is a completely different animal than it used to be. There's no clear cut favorite. I'll be checking out your brackets tomorrow, guys. You'll see here we go. That's around the sports on this day. All right, there you have it coming up next. The only segment of the day that will not be podcasted. The Today Game is nextes. This is the world famous been in Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. Now, there's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in all of DFW, but it is so amazingly good that readers of the Dallas Morning News have voted it the number one pizzeria in all of DFW. That's incredible. So if you want to try some exceptional pizza, drive to Plano Preston Road. Easy to find Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, screw thet yeah things on a screwing.
Speaker 5: Rows looking at big Bootee troll muck bung.
Speaker 1: And this the geo s Nakeeah, screw the true What is it? I just said, it's Scroll Patrol. Thank you, Steve. Nobody uses the Internet quite like me. Nobody can do it as good as I can. And sometimes I've noticed that my coworkers aren't experiencing Instagram on the same high quality level that I am. And when I share some of the content I'm seeing with my eyeballs on Instagram with my friends, they don't want to click on it because they're word that it will taint their algorithm. My algorithm is full of giant jugs, beautiful, beautiful women, and a lot of beginner songmakers who are just out there trying to go viral. Skin. Your Instagram algorithm is serving you up old cabinets that have been turned into turntables, jazz documentaries, French cigarettes. By the way, there was a really good new front funk documentary coming to Katy I got to see last night. That's great. I'll let you guys know about it in April. This is the golden age of television. We have two of the greatest shows that have ever been on television airing simultaneously, and he's not watching either of them. Beautiful Marcus Miller talking about how everything comes back to the one in funk music so good.
Speaker 2: I think I would say, never change, you know, but also change think about how.
Speaker 1: Think about how diverse Ben's feet is. It's amateur beginner songwriters and very experienced women. Yes, like total and of the spectrum, Yes, the whole gamut as it were both ends KT your social media algorithm. What are you getting on Instagram? What do you think he's getting? Skin? I think he's getting all things Dave Matthews, a lot of Dave barefoot yodeling. And then I think he's getting a lot of golf content. Okay, a lot of golf content, a lot of content, and he guesses on what Kat is getting. You said it.
Speaker 6: Last time SNL. I think for sure he's getting a lot of SNL content. Got Franz Ferdinand when they were on SNL back early. I got the Lollapalooza lineup. That's definitely big and an old arrested development clip. Okay, thanks around on park now Kat and Skin. What do you think Christine is getting on her timeline?
Speaker 1: Dogs and seventies Rocker bulges and whiskey.
Speaker 3: She's definitely getting bulges, but yeah, seventies rockers for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay. And with sliding down, it's going down the slide.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, so yes, you are correct?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, yeah, there's this new thing I've been getting. A used to be straight up just jugs and Ai guilf jugs and all sorts of things like that. Just pretty much what everyone's getting hugs and dot com and now suddenly I am getting a lot of startup bands like these are just people who are like, you know what, there's no barriers to entry. I'm gonna go make a song and I'm gonna get on social media and maybe I will become famous overnight. Now you got ray On Bass. That's exactly how I got ray On basis God. And you know what, I'm glad you brought that up because he might make an appearance on this segment again at some point. But ray On Bass offered to do a song with Ben and Ben did not follow through. That is your greatest failure in this world. It's difficult because he is singing songs like I don't know, like a rocket scientist would. Yeah, and it's funnier if you can't interact with him. But he's the nicest gaveries, like, hey, would you like to make a song? You're like, oh man, this is in fun kicking you in the crouch anymore. You're gonna feel bad when ray On Bass does up with Jelly Roll. Wait until you hear a song today. Okay, all right, all right, all right, well let's get started. These are some songs. That I'm bringing to you. Kat has seen the visuals for these, he can help describe. But here is a song by Clooner about Applebee's.
Speaker 7: I to Abbes, I was talking, I had to side he don't want to die to come to Appleby's a broduct Bombs.
Speaker 1: We're gonna squash the Bees and apple want to love This sound like that to Abby? Okay, pretty good Applebe' song. That's great. I think that's a cover of a song that's like Kip Dynamite. Good right, keep that in mind because you guys at the end of this, I like to say, whatever you think is the best one? Do you call that guy Clooner? Yeah, Clooner Applebee's. That sounds like one of our weekend DJs. It does Clooner all right.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here is a song called Chains by heat Kate's Torch. Everything's Stolen ever our last ground They were going for like reverse even essence. I was gonna say that reminds me of like a sketch from I Think you should leave, like the talking stuff at the beginning of it and then going into that falsetto that's out of tune and how do you how do you describe what you're seeing there, Kevin I would describe as reverse seven essence. Actually it's who is it? I think Kate's torch or Hacat's torch.
Speaker 2: But he's you know, bearded, looks like you just got have a motorcycle, and she's wearing the big dress like the gal from Van Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's one. That's the third one. It's called I Believe in Myself and it's by World Peace Jesus.
Speaker 4: Of good five second shot with fun, broms and positivity.
Speaker 1: Go lore whoa you look want five zoomzoom? Or but this song with the love of the tough is so much Look I got it up been my blood love love.
Speaker 4: Every day. I'm feeling happy, grateful to beat a lot o baby. May you ever go to stop and love it? Love it like yyyy mother.
Speaker 1: Believe myself? Yeah, I believe in myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Okay, I don't need to hear anymore. He had a dinosaur and f one reference in there.
Speaker 1: Done the song World Peace. Jesus is nice with his is.
Speaker 7: So is he?
Speaker 1: Do we think he's It's better you watch it without the video, you know they got you're not allowed to ask the question. Uh, here is the guy you reference at the start of the segment. He is, we believe, an actual rocket scientist. He makes music videos. Here's a song called punk Is Dead by Rayon Bates.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: So you want to start up? Bomb is Dad got sober? Dad said, not.
Speaker 2: His best work, honest, same man. He dived deep into his catalog.
Speaker 1: I prefer some of the other stuff, like his old stuff that actually just sounds like a dead Milkman cover.
Speaker 2: What's great on that one is his uh you know the music vide? Well, like this is for all of his videos. I guess it is the music video. It's just off, you know, just like which is that he's doing that on purpose? I guess he looks like it's not. Oh no, he looks like he's kind of like lost in another land. Yeah, Like he's got like this kind of gaze. His eyes are glazed over and he's kind of like living off into the sky.
Speaker 1: He's always got a shirt tucked in, like he's just walking out of an IT meeting in his corporation. But he's banging host. You can tell like there are women who are digging this. Yeah, there's no doubt, Christine, any thoughts on that alright though, that's best hit. Yeah, dude, you can't compare one of their number one Yeah. Remember the first time we played this for Danny and uh, okay, here's a song called Shoefly. Yeah, we don't know her name. Oh here we go. Sorry, Yeah, why are you even coming through that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why are you even coming through?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Shoe shoe flashy flash shoe flush Island, Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 7: You know what we new island?
Speaker 3: Gat we going crazy outtown, get me going, stepping up pilot yet.
Speaker 1: Money not cash?
Speaker 2: But you know, I was smiling, and I can tell you that she looked like she hadn't taken a shower in a week, like Charlie x c X.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that vibe going, So she's straining to do something. Yeah her pants. Are you guys following the catch me outside and her beef with Alabama Barker? I know I'm supposed to be following it, but I haven't. I don't know. I was tipped off to it a month ago by i'van our engineer. You know, I have a nineteen year old daughter, so I've got a I just got a big dose of it. The other I'm waiting on doctor phil to jump in. Yeah, Alabama Barker is getting destroyed in a song for sleeping with bad baby or what's her name, baby's boyfriend or whatever. Yeah yeah, and she's calling her out by name, and she's singing some really raunchy stuff about her. And it's Travis Barker's daughter.
Speaker 2: Travison Yeah, oh, his daughter before Yeah yeah yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, one tough one. Here's one called Strawberry Cheesecake by Beverly Casanova.
Speaker 8: I love the taste strawberry cheesecake. Dot inted strawberry flavor is one ic saver. The creamy txture is wonderful. Strawy cheesecake is in crad.
Speaker 1: Ball, Okay, on a heart out for her to go the extra distance of just finding a random drum track, she could just say it acapella like there's no musical accompaniment other than the beat that doesn't really go with the melody.
Speaker 3: She sounds similar to the Biscuit Lady. Yeah yeah, also the Johnny Football Gal. Yeah maybe that's what I'm yea biscuit lady too.
Speaker 1: I can hear all the same maybe. Uh. And then finally, this group is called j N O j O. I'm not sure how to say it, They're all, this song is always on my timeline, but it's in little clips. This isn't I've sent you hard. I'm still thinking of you. My word, this is always on your timeline. Why it's never on any of ours, but it's always on fins.
Speaker 7: I'm just not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen this too. All right, let's vote. We got twenty seconds. I'll go first. Clooner Applebee's mega piece. Jesus, I'm going. I'm going It's world peace Jesus. Right, Jesus, I'm going World peace. Jesus I will too. Yeah, so much positivity. Keep bringing it, Ben, It's really really good. I'll never forget the time Kat looked Clooner dead in their eyes and he said, just letting you know, starting tomorrow, I'm start coming into work with the mindset of a champion. Dallas Mavericks basketball is next right here on the eagle. Here you going, You're I'm gonna get my sack back, dude, All heart