Speaker 1: Turn we have today. You bet builders hanging boy a thread here? Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bat.
Speaker 2: If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets. No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot i em today.
Speaker 1: You bet builders hanging boy a thread here? Relax, relax, They still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 2: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bat.
Speaker 3: If your bet builder.
Speaker 2: Loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros in pre bets No be beat or power to You Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling care.
Speaker 3: Do ie.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: On this vote.
Speaker 5: The a's are forty seven, the nays are fifty three.
Speaker 6: Three fifths of the senators duly chosen and sworn not having voted in the affirmative.
Speaker 5: The motion is not agreed.
Speaker 3: To shut down.
Speaker 1: Shut down.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump and Republicans have shut the government down because they don't want to provide healthcare to working class Americans. Federal law prohibits the use of Medicare, Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program, and the Affordable Care Act to provide health insurance in any way, shape or form to undocumented immigrants, period, full stop. That's the law, and Democrats aren't trying to change that. What we are trying to do is negotiate a bipartisan agreement that actually brings the two parties together and funds the government in a way that improves the quality of life of the American people.
Speaker 6: Chuck Schimmer was in the Oval Office with me, what forty eight hours ago.
Speaker 8: We were there.
Speaker 6: The President as a strong leader, he brought all of us in, all four leaders, Thune and Schumer and myself and Hakim Jeffers, and the President said, make your case.
Speaker 8: What is it you want? And Chuck Schumer repeated in that meeting. What he put on paper, the counter proposal that he filed.
Speaker 6: Everyone can go read it for themselves, would add one point five trillion dollars in new spending on a seven week stopgup measure.
Speaker 5: We're not doing that.
Speaker 8: He wants to give healthcare to illegal aliens. Again, we're not doing that.
Speaker 6: He wanted to claw back fifty billion dollars that are Republican big beautiful bill put in to prop up rural hospitals. Now people say, why would he do that. I thought he was for healthcare.
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of those rural hospitals, most of them are in red states.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know what his motivation, but we can't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know what the motivations are. Welcome, my friends, to the Wednesday edition of Boz Snvery's Rush, our fastest hour in American media. Thus, shut down is on is on government? Oh Carlos, how is your life changed after the government shut down? The government shut down? At midnight last night? How are you faring? How are you doing? Is everything okay? I slept better last night? You slept better with the government closed? Good Lord Agnes. That's right, my friends. The shutdown is underway, and we have a lot to do today, so I want to get right to it. You heard, and you've been hearing the arguments for and against Democrats insisting illegal immigrants are not getting any sort of assistance, and they're not for illegal immigrants getting and that's not what behind. The Republicans are lying and they're just holding, They're just holding the government. You the American people hostage with this government shut down because they need to negotiate a better deal and your health care is at risk. You've heard all of that. Well, today we have the other side of the argument, which you're not hearing, with people like George Stefanopolis. I mean, and thank goodness, Mike Johnson is kind of long. Took him to school, But this guy, I mean, I don't understand. The folks at ABC Network News. They hire a political hack from the Clinton war room, George Stefanopolis, make them the face of the news, and I don't know what they well, I do know what they expect, and you know what they expect. Let's start with that, and then I want to play something this is a little wrong. First, I'm gonna try to get some of these longer things out of the way now, So let's start with that cut one. Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, was on with Stefanopolis and this is what that waste of well not a waste of time because my explained it. But here you go this morning.
Speaker 9: The Democrats' proposal is designed to prevent millions of Americans from losing their health insurance, losing Medicaid coverage, or paying higher health care premiums. Why are you against that?
Speaker 6: That's an absurd statement what you said there. Let's be clear about factional st George, No, George, let me tell you what happened last night. Everybody can go and review the facts for themselves. Forty four Senate Democrats voted to reject a clean, non partisan continuing funding resolution to keep the United States government open. The Democrats said instead that they wanted to give healthcare to illegal aliens instead of keeping critical services provided for the American citizens. That's what happened, plain and simple. Every Democrat in the House except one voted against the clean continued resolution.
Speaker 8: It was non partisan in nature.
Speaker 6: There are no policy writers on it that Republicans favored. It's exactly what Chuck Schumer and other Democrats voted for.
Speaker 8: In March.
Speaker 6: But they've changed their tumb They changed their tomb because Chuck Schumer is having political problems right now.
Speaker 8: That's just a simple fact.
Speaker 6: And everybody knows that he's trying to outrun the far left portion of his base, so he's decided to inflict pain on the American people care.
Speaker 5: Well, here are the facts.
Speaker 9: The proposal does not provide health care for illegal immigrants. Illegal entrance cannot buy healthcare under the Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 3: Okay, buy health care. This is very carefully right there, Let's stop it. This is these are the facts. According to Stepanmont, illegal immigrants cannot buy health care. That's not the issue, because you're right, they're not buying healthcare. The American people are funding their health care. Very carefully worded propaganda from ABC News with George Stepanopolis. Now, folks, this one please pay attention to. It is a lobbyist. We never in my being here, I don't recall ever playing a lobbyist as a sound bite. But there is a lobbyist who stepped forward and posted on X what is going on. She is a lobbyist in Washington, DC. Her name is Desiree Townsend. And we get through as much of this as we can. Listen to her explanation from a lobbyist, that's cut number two of what's going on with this shutdown and with Democrats wrapping.
Speaker 10: Up the day here at Capitol Hill, it looks like, unfortunately, I think the government is going to shut down. And a large part of that is the Democrats not happy with the Medicaid cuts that were made as part of the Big Beautiful Bill. And so I was talking to a few Republican members here and I got to actually talked to Rand Paul. I actually was able to talk with him in the elevator about this issue. So I think the sticking point for Medicaid with the Democrats is Let's take California for example. California has a high demographic of individuals that are not here legally, and prior to the expansion of health care for them, the hospitals were inundated with people they could not handle. And so when that expansion happened and immigrants who are here, undocumented immigrants that are here were able to get insurance, all of a sudden, you then had this new kind of revenue stream that came in not only to the hospitals, but now to all these doctors and providers in California. So if this big beautiful bill and the Medicaid mandates go into place, I think what will happen in California will be a catastrophe because you'll have all of these individuals now that are not documented with no health insurance. So all of the providers that were making money off of this kind of like new economics in California are now not going to be making any money. And instead, these individuals that are undocumented are going to have to go to the hospital for treatment, and that's going to instead of make the hospital money because they're covered by Medicaid, it's going to create a situation where now the hospitals are losing millions of dollars. So that is what I believe the sticking point is with Medicare.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've got it now, folks. This is so important because she nailed it. You don't hear George Stephanopolis, you don't hear Mika and Joe. You don't hear any of these liberals actually laying it out like this lobbyist laid it out. What has happened. Let's go back to what she said prior to the expansion, the expansion of what the expansion of Obamacare, the expansion of Medicare. Why did Democrats create this expansion because of COVID It was part of all their COVIDS flush funds, And in fact, the Wall Street Journal has an article today about this. The health insurance subsidies at the center of the government shutdown fight. Democrats want to restore enhanced ACA tax credits Obamacare tax credits, while Trump rails against coverage for unauthorized immigrants. Enhanced subsidies for Obamacare are set to expire at the end of this year. Who expanded those subsidies, Joe Biden and what Congress decides about them? I said, Joe Biden's not in ding. What Congress decides to do about them could be crucial to any deal to end the shutdown. What are enhanced ACA Obamacare subsidies? Premium tax credits are a form of government subsidies that cap the maximum percentage of household income and individual pays toward their AHA coverage. In twenty twenty one, the Biden administration expanded eligibility for those tax credits and increased these subsidy amounts. And that's what we're talking about. Here how many people get the subsidies. About twenty four point three million Americans are enrolled in HAA HHA. Twenty two point four million of them receive subsidies. So you have these expanded subsidies. Now, what happened with all these expanded subsidies are let's go further, are unauthorized immigrants, illegal immigrants, illegal aliens eligible for ACA subsidies? In medicaid, Migrants into the country illegally aren't eligible to enroll an ACA marketplace. The GOP's new tax law, signed by Trump in July, revoked eligibility from lawfully present immigrants such as refugees, asylum seekers, and some FESA holders. Now remember with the asylum seekers, the asylum seekers were never vetted. They just poured through the border without proper vetting from Biden. And we had millions of them, and they were because they had the quote unquote legal status of Joe Biden. Given insurance, The CBO estimates that the restrictions on eligibility of healthcare for lawfully president of lawfully present immigrants will reduce spending by about one hundred and thirty one billion dollars over ten years. Now, unauthorized migrants aren't typically eligible for Medicaid under federal law. But here's the butt. But under the law they are not not eligible. But but, but, big booty butt, but emergency Medicare, the federal government does use emergency Medicaid dollars to reimburse hospitals for some emergency treatments for unauthorized migrants. Let me break that down in plain English. Taxpayers pay for the healthcare of illegal immigrants because they get emergency room care, and the FEDS pick up the bucks for that. And that, my friends, Zach, the GOPS tax lowered the federal match percentage States received for these medical service, reducing spending by about twenty eight billion dollars through twenty thirty four. We're not talking chump change here, We're talking about billions of dollars. And that's what this lobbyist was talking about. Hospitals went into profit to moneymaking on the backs of taxpayers paying for illegal immigrants. And they don't want the money trained to go away. They want illegal immigrants to keep flooding the hospitals so that they can get reimbursed and drive these hospitals in to profit. That's what and so yes and legal immigrants are getting health care, but the hospitals are making the profit on it in liberal sanctuary cities like Los Angeles, and it's the difference between profit and loss. James Golden slurbly, keep it right here, do not go away. The Schumer shut down Day one underway.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: The Rush Hour with.
Speaker 4: James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. Has this hour in American media? Let me connect the dots on this for you. On a few things. Yesterday we had the story that insurance companies are lobbying in an unprecedented way to try to back the Democrats. Play on this and now it should become clear why why are insurance companies lobbying hard for Democrats to get this money back into the system Because they get paid, They get paid by medicaid. Their coffers are busting at the scene. Now connect this dot. So the insurance companies are getting paid, they make payout to the hospitals that service the illegal immigrants, and those hospitals are getting so much money from the insurance companies that they have gone into profit servicing illegal immigrants. So now you connect those two dots, Now connect this third dot. Ladies and gentlemen, there were news stories in June. We can play some of the audio tomorrow. I just discovered it. I was still researching right before the show from nurses from video when ice raid started and they were in a panic. Why were they panicking because the hospital emergency rooms were almost empty And they will say, oh, this is terrible. People are not coming in for care. They rely on illegal immigration as an infrastructure, and you, the taxpayers of America, are paying the bill and Democrats are lying there. Ass is off about it.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 11: Look, guys, there's no way to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 5: Nobody likes Democrats anymore.
Speaker 11: We have no voters left because of all of our woke trans bullet Not even black people want to vote for us anymore.
Speaker 3: Even Latinos hate us. So we need new voters.
Speaker 11: And if we give all these illegal aliens free healthcare, we might be able to get them on our side, so they can vote for us. They can't even speak English, so they won't realize we're just a bunch of woke pieces of you know, at least for a while until they learn English and they realize they hate us too.
Speaker 3: Let us get to another since we were just taking a detour into the lighter side, the humor as side. This will speak for itself. Who's gonna take the blame? Who's gonna take the blame? And Chuck Schumer addressed who's gonna take the blame? And this is this is cut number six on the Senate floor to day, and this is what old Chuck U Schumer said.
Speaker 12: Now, want to know the leader is gonna show a poll that says that Democrats will be blamed for the shutdown. There are many more polls that show Republicans are blamed. The question in that poll is biased, biased in the New York Times.
Speaker 3: But it's biased if you turned the court, that's true.
Speaker 12: I don't always believe the New York Times. You can be sure of that, neither do you.
Speaker 3: Okay, he gets laughed right out. The New York Times is biased saying we're gonna take the blame. Now, there's another point to this as confusing, folks, and let me just try to address it really quickly. You've got two things working on here at once. You've got these Medicaid subsidies that are used to pay for the health treatment of illegal immigrants, especially in sanctuary cities. Let me remind you of something that the Democrats put through along with some Republican votes. Remember the law that you cannot be denied emergency service. If you're having a healthcare emergency, hospitals cannot deny you coverage, whether you are ensured or not. That plays a key component in this. There was a number of illegal immigrants that have been swarming into health care facilities in these sanctuary cities, was driving these hospitals into the poorhouse. They had to provide free service. So what happened we got expansions of two things, Medicaid and Obamacare. And remember what the Democrats say, kept saying that, like Bernie Sanders, they wanted Medicare for all, Medicaid for all. They want a single payer plan, and they saw expanding Medicaid Medicare as a way to help get to that objective. Then you add into it this phony scam that was forced down the throats of the American people Obamacare where they it's just been shoveling more and more money at it. And what did Biden do there? Biden expanded those premiums. And now what they're saying, the lying asked Democrats. What they're saying is if you take those down, people are gonna die. People are gonna die. Oh no, hospitals will close and people will die. The hospitals will close comes from the fact that they won't be able to fund and make a profit on giving healthcare to illegal immigrants. And that is why Democrats are saying hospitals will close, because they know hospitals, these hospitals they're talking about have gone into profit on the back of you the tax paying for services for illegal immigrants to this country. So there's hospitals will close. Now, the next thing is, if we don't keep Obamacare, people will die. Okay, Wall Street Journal, the government shut downstacks for the GOP or maybe this is I gotta just check whether this is Wall Street Journal or not, but anyway, they go through the numbers. There, Democrats are wanting of higher premiums if the GOP doesn't extend turbo charged Obamacare subsidies that expire at the end of the year. GOP leaders are already hinting that they are open to negotiating and floating ideas that would give the Democrats much of what they want. But see, Democrats don't want that they want at all. Johnson Wall Street General correct, the sub these a bad policy, although it would help if Republicans told the public the reasons the supercharged subsidies first passed in twenty twenty one for COVID nineteen emergency that ended long ago. Democrats juiced those subsidies for everybody while opening up this bigot to those earning four hundred percent above the poverty line. So now the Republicans are trying to claw back some of that money. It's basically it. It was expanded during part of the slush fund. Let's create money we don't have and spend it and spend it and spend it and spend it. Ooh, Obamacare. Let's give people more and more money for subsidies for Obamacare so they don't have to pay their own weight under that failing schem program that was supposed to lower costs and not a cost as lower as they've all risen out off the charts because Obama tail was and is a lying scheme brought to you by lying Democrats with not zero, not one Republican vote. Now, Wall Street Journal, despite what you may read, letting them expire these subsidies that Democrats are saying, well, kill people. All people are gonna die. The Republicans are. They're not having At first, they tried to push grandma off the cliff when medicaid years ago, when Newton was in office. And then they tried to take school lunches from your churn, and they wanted to starve the children. And then they came after the blots and the Wennen because they're trying to get rid of the d and they hate everybody. They're trying to kill all your children. They're trying to kill your grandma, They're trying to kill your grandpa. Republicans want to kill everybody except themselves. They even want to kill their own children. They don't like women, they.
Speaker 8: Don't like girls.
Speaker 3: And yeah, if we're stopping all this money going to Obamacare, people are gonna die. Despite what you may read, letting these subsidies expire, says the Wall Street Journal is not gonna gut Affordable Care Act. Somebody who's at one hundred percent of the poverty line. In other words, the poor people. The poor people who are on a i'm a care would still on average pay three dollars and forty five cent a week in premiums. If it's called back the poor people, their healthcare premiums will be three dollars and forty five cents a week. They're not gonna die because they got a cough up. Three hundred and forty three dollars and forty five cents lessen to half a meal. Is less than what happy meal, less than a happy meal, less than a happy meal. They might, though, might not be able to get one of them coat forty fives, not the guns. They might not be able to get a bottle of ripple. Excuse me, do they even make ripple anymore? That you don't know what ripple is? You know? Do they make MD twenty twenty anymore? Yeah, all right, might not be able to get a bottle of MD twenty twenty. If y'all don't know what that is. I just tell you, y'all don't know anyway, call it mad dog, mad dog twenty twenty. That's what we used to call it back in the day, go get some Mad Dog twenty twenty. And then when we went all hippie and stuff, then we used to get some boons Farm. Yeah, Carlos, you don't know what we're talking about. These were the good days and a mecca when you could go out and get yourself some MD twenty twenty, Mad Dog twenty twenty, some Boonze Farm, some rip up and guzzle and listen to some rock and roll music and they have unfiltered Stop right there, James, and talk about those intimate moments. Okay, So let's get back to it. Despite what you might read and hear from these these lion ass Democrats, and they're lion ass lackeys on the news, nobody is going to die from Medicaid and the Obamacare substanties being clawed back. The poor of the poor, the poorest of the pole, the pole people, the pop polls will only be paying three dollars and forty five cent a week in premiums. Folks, that's less than twenty bucks a month for their healthcare. And Democrats are out here lying. Everybody. Listen, people are going to die. They're gonna die. Now, let's say two hundred and fifty your salary above the Polemuty line means you're making a lot more money. You're gonna pay fifty two bucks a week for your healthcare under Obamacare, a little over two hundred bucks a month. Now, sh that ain't people. That is not people are going to die money. That's not what we're talking about here. Yes, if you're real poor, I get it, two hundred dollars can be a lot of money. But for your if you are working two hundred and fifty hundred bucks for your healthcare, come on, chome on a month. Tume on, like that's what Michael says. Don't look at me like that, like he says, tum on, charm on. All right, Democrats are lying, folks, And we had so many other good cuts that we but I'm running out of time because I really wanted to explain this stuff today, and I hope it's not too in the weeds, and we're gonna continue now. There are some hopeful things going on. Russ Vote has said that the layoffs start in the next day or two. Oh y'all wanted the FAS time to fo. Layoffs start in about a day or two, is what he said. Labor unions have already taken to Trump administration. They filed last night over a mass layoff plan that hadn't even happened. And then you have the Democrats like like like this guy. I want you to listen carefully, and if you happen to know anybody that knows this guy's stay, make sure they know. Democrats drove the federal government into a shutdown at twelve or one am, runner seven hundred fitty foul. Large employees are gonna be furloughed, but Democrats Senator Reuben Galego of Arizona toe NBC News, he is not going to forego his one hundred and seventy four thousand dollars congressional salary. So this guy voted for the shutdown to throw his staffers and all the other staffers and all these other government workers that are not going to be getting paychecks out of work. He voted for it to throw them out of work. But then he said, I'm not gonna just my paycheck. No, he says, I'm not wealthy. I have three kids. I would basically be missing you know, mortgage payments, rent payments, child support. So it's not feasible, not gonna happen I'm not giving up my money. He's a Democrat Congressman. He's not gonna give up his money, but he's willing to throw his staff and all these other government workers out of work with no money. Those are your Democrats. James Golden snurvely. Please don't go away, keep it right here.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden, Entertaining and Informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Say Congressman, I meant to say, Senator Reuben Gallego of Arizona. He's not going to give up his salary, but screw his staff and screw everybody else. Howard Hewitt has Birthday today with Shalamar Second Time Around a night to remember this one in the eighties. This was on Solar Records, that was Dick Griffy's company. This is Howard Hewitt. I got this record when I was music director at WABC in New York back in the day. We had to fight over this record because I was like, we got to add this to the playlist, and then I heard some pushback kind of like you know this too ghetto and that's not no, no, no, no, we're playing this anyway. We got to go, folks. May God bless and protect each and every single one of you, your families and your loved ones. Such a pleasure to be with you, and I so appreciate you being here with me. Tomorrow, I'm gonna find those clips from those people complaining that the LA hospitals serving illegal immigrants were empty. In the meantime, I bid you, I do bye.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour.
Speaker 13: You can hear Bo Stirdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platform plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here