Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI Handle here on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: Hey tomorrow, it's ask Handle anything.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of fun and I need you for this one otherwise it doesn't work. And it's I just answer personal questions. It's just fun. You humiliated, and you may or may not want to know, but without you it can't be done. So here's what you do during the course of the show. Click on the iHeartRadio app, click on the Bill Handle show, click on the microphone the top right hand corner, and then fifteen twenty seconds, ask your question. I don't want your opinion about anything, because the reason I do this because everybody asks everybody about all of us. So I thought i'd answer personal questions and we do it every Friday.
Speaker 3: Great fun. And then Neil chooses the questions and we go for it. All right.
Speaker 2: I want to talk a little little bit about what's going on with the how unusual the Trump administration and how he is now dealing with members of Congress. Now, whenever there is an issue of one of the United States, let's say, in this case, bombs Iran, normally the administration would go any administration.
Speaker 3: We'll go to the leadership of Congress.
Speaker 2: You go to the Foreign Relations Committee, grab the chair, the ranking member in this case the Republican Democrat, the leadership of the Senate and Congress that is the speaker and also I don't know who called me the speaker, and also the majority leader.
Speaker 3: And that's just something that's done. Well.
Speaker 2: What the president wants to do is not tell them any matter of fact, he didn't tell the Democratic members of Congress. He did tell the Republican members of Congress two seconds before he bombed. And you have the Democrats finding out when we found out watching the news outlets. Now, a lot of it has to do with the leaks, the assessment of what happened. The Intelligent assessment leaked. The Pentagon assessment just came out and Trump was rightly pissed off because this was secret, and all of a sudden, the assessment comes out and it completely is at odds with what the administration says. The administration Donald Trump obliterated the nuclear facilities, the nucular program of Iran. The assessment from the Pentagon said not much damage was done, and they're at odds. Now, how do you know the Pentagon said this because it leaked, that's why.
Speaker 3: And the White.
Speaker 2: House is in an uproar. Now we don't know who leaked it. It could have been someone in the Pentagon or someone in the White House, someone in the National Security team. And there's an investigation going on right now to find out who did the leak, because these people are all sworn to secrecy on the inside, and all of a sudden we're looking at a leak. So the investigation is going forward as it should, as I said, and the President is I guess, blaming Congress or somehow Congress got hold of it and it leaked from Congress. And based on that, he said, you know what, I'm not going to share the information anymore with Congress, totally at odds with which is done traditionally, and maybe at odds with the law. But then again, and here's also the problem is in this case, he did tell the Republican leadership, I mean, just as the bombs were about to drop. So I guess the argument is we did inform the leadership, not the Democrats. And here is the problem again, and it's a big problem the way I view this administration. You know where I sit, and the democratic leadership in this case would be the ranking members. The way it works right now is the Republicans are patriots. If anybody agrees, any member of Congress agrees with the administration, he or she is a patriot. If anybody disagrees with the administration, that is the enemy. Any member of Congress or Senate who disagrees with the administration is an enemy of the administration. Can't you just disagree and still be friends?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No. As a matter of fact, the one Senator Massey, or as a congress person I think as a center in MASSI who said, outright, I'm not voting for the big beautiful bill. It's just not gonna happen. Nope, it's a representative Massey. I'm just not voting for it. He has become an enemy and he is a Trumpist, but he's going to vote against the bill. He is now an enemy, and Trump is saying I am going to I'm going to primary you out because you're an enemy. And then the scary part, and this is the part that I have a very very hard time with. You're an enemy of the constitution, You're an enemy of America.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, you know.
Speaker 2: You inform the leadership, you inform both sides of Congress, and maybe there was a leak within Congress. Well it couldn't have been within Congress. And you think about it, because no one knew about it. But the leak is the Pentagon assessment. And when President Trump said we, through the bombing, have obliterated the nuclear program, and the assessment said, the League assessment said, oh, that's not true.
Speaker 3: And then of course that was reported like.
Speaker 2: Crazy all over the place, particularly CNN, MSNBC. And now there's the other side of it. Now it's you know what there Maybe it was obliterated, Maybe there was a lot more damage than was first reported. Maybe it is closer to obliteration. Certainly the Israelis are saying that, and certainly members of the Intelligence Committee of the United States, the intelligence community, of the community of the United States is saying that. And to the extent that Iran says any damage was done, you have to multiply that one by ten times, because the Iranians will be complete liars about that, will understate any damage, overstate any kind of attack that succeeded. For example, we punished Israel and we won the war.
Speaker 3: We are victorious. Really, yeah, just look at the photos. Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, since the bombing of the nuclear facilities in and around Tehran actually well and also I know a lot of them were in the northern part of the country, it's the Israelis that are bombing Tehran.
Speaker 3: The bombing, the majority of the bombing that.
Speaker 2: Attacked the facilities in the north Iran were done by the American B two bomber with these bunker buster bombs that were thirty thousand pounds each. And the one airplane in the world that can deliver that bomb is the B two bomber.
Speaker 3: The one country in the world that has.
Speaker 2: The B two bomber is the United States. And you know, the pilots are pretty high end pilots. So when your kid says, I want to be an air for worst pilot, okay, how about a B two pilot where in the case of the bombing of the nuclear facilities in Iran that required that was a thirty seven hour mission in the air and they're the pilots sitting for thirty seven hours.
Speaker 3: In the cockpit. Two pilots.
Speaker 2: Melvin Dial was part of the B two crew in Afghanistan two thousand and one that was a forty four hour mission, and he said it was a tough one.
Speaker 3: It is not easy to be a B two pilot, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Now, in the attack, one hundred and twenty five aircraft were used. Seven bombers went from Missouri. This is they fly from Missouri and the planes are not particularly fast, so it takes a long time to get where they're going to go. Well, seven flew east for the attack. There were a group that flew west as part of a feint, and they had their transponders on, so everybody thought that that was part of it, and the real attack was done going the other way. Fighter jets, reconnaissance planes, refueling tankers. There were dozens of those because those planes had to be refueled. Now, how does it work well, First of all, the pilots, as in pilots of any other aircraft, both commercially and in the Air Force, are trained on a long duration simulator so they can work on their.
Speaker 3: Sleep cycles, because that is a real problem.
Speaker 2: Those simulators last for twenty four hours. They don't last the forty four hours. That deal was in in Afghanistan. And the bomber crews themselves, they know they're identified for the mission ahead of time, no.
Speaker 3: Idea where they're going, no idea where the.
Speaker 2: Operation would take place. They don't know that until literally minutes before. You talk about operational secrecy. Flight doctors give the crew sleeping pills in the days leading up to the attack to get their sleeping cycles well somewhat in tune with the airplane. So on the day of his mission, Deal who was the mission commander, woke up three to four hours before takeoff time, participating in the briefings, and off they went. Now, this happened in two thousand and one, and he only talked about his experience, and it could have changed by now, but probably not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Policy require both crew members to be in their seats at critical flight moments let's takeoff, refueling, bombing, landing, and in the hours between, the two crew members take turns sleeping in a small, little cot. This is a two billion dollar airplane and they're sleeping in a cot you basically get from Amazon that cost you forty nine nine this crappy little cot.
Speaker 3: Wow. And it was not easy. They tried to get some sleep. It was very difficult because what do you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know how many games of rock paper scissors can you play in thirty six hours and it's hard to fall asleep, so they take sleeping pills.
Speaker 3: And they are heading west across the Pacific. Those that went the other way.
Speaker 2: He went west and there was twenty four hours of sunlight. That's a problem with a natural circadian rhythm. And the flight doctor did have what they call the go pills, amphetamines issued by the medical doctor to the flight crew. How about the toilet situation, where do they pee and go poo poo. There is a really crappy little chemical toilet on the plane. You go to Arii and you buy a camping toilet and they only use it for emergency times, pertinent emergencies because the toilet well, they're afraid of overfilling the toilet. And you know what the privacy is, because it's right behind the seats. The privacy is the guy in front looks the other way.
Speaker 3: Isn't that fun? Both pilots have a packed.
Speaker 2: Lunch and they sit stationary for dozens of hours.
Speaker 3: They can walk a little bit around.
Speaker 2: The cockpit because it's a big coppit cockpit, but they don't eat very much because they're sedentary.
Speaker 3: They're just sitting there. And also you really don't want to use that chemical toilet? Isn't that fun?
Speaker 2: I want to be a B two bomber, wouldn't you? As an attorney, Yeah, it's hard to believe. I actually am one licensed umber nine to nine seventy one. Yeah, have not yet been disbarred, which is a miracle, isn't it, Neil?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And how yep.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that I talk about and I don't practice it, but I have friends, well, I have acquaintances who are attorneys, and divorce attorneys deal with prenups all the time, and even before someone gets to a divorce.
Speaker 3: Attorney, a prenup usually is in place.
Speaker 2: Bezos Bezos is about to marry Lauren Sanchez. He has rented Venice, I mean the entire city, and people are an fairly uproar and we don't know how it's going to go. But let's start with the fact that he's worth two hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 3: He's the third richest man now.
Speaker 2: When he divorced McKinsey Scott in twenty nineteen, they did not have a prenup, but he was very lucky because they divorced amicably and she took thirty five billion dollars and let him do all the voting, gave him all the shares to vote, so that worked out for him, but not for everybody for sure. Attorneys say that prenups are actually they should be for anybody who's worth more than th three dollars, who gets access to the private jet, who gets access to the thoroughbred horses, who gets to say what on social media? And you have the confidential confidentiality clauses that you might even be able to talk about the existence of the prenup itself. And the ultra wealthy prenups, you know, they have to address assets they can't be easily sold. And you've got someone who has a company or a couple as a company. One side says, let's sell it. I want the money. The other side says, no, selling a company can really involve and trigger significant capital gains tax that always has to be figured also, and what for the ultrawealthy, what a prenup does is actually focus on preserving lifestyle and it's about acknowledging the relationship and how important it is and keeping business interests and major assets off the table in the event of a divorce.
Speaker 3: Robert Cohen, a new York attorney who does this.
Speaker 2: You don't want them to have access to the other side to anything that would significantly change their wealth.
Speaker 3: And the other issue is jurisdiction.
Speaker 2: Right, people have several homes in different states, different countries, So which jurisdiction. For example, you got a prenup in New York, it's enforceable, and it gets tossed out.
Speaker 3: In London because the rules are different.
Speaker 2: Well, prenup does what virtually every contract does, and what that does is read a contract, and it said that this contract took place in the state of California, and the jurisdiction will be California no matter what. So that is critically important. Here's another one that's fun. Some clients demand in the prenup that the south spouse maintain a specific weight, and if you go beyond that weight, you don't get the money. You should see what my trust says about my kids acting out and I'm always threatening them.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really crazy.
Speaker 2: One attorney wrote into a prenup with a regarding an NBA player that the player insisted that the prenup acknowledged that NBA players are known to have affairs, so cheating could not trigger that part of the pre nep prenup in which the player is punished or the player is nailed. It's this is fascinating stuff. I would love to see these prenups, but they're almost always confidential.
Speaker 3: And here is a rule, according to.
Speaker 2: One of them, whoever cares less about walking away is holding all the cards. If you don't care, you're walking away from everything, You're the one that's holding the cards.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, be prepared in a few days, two in July actually to pay just a touch more for gasoline per gallon, like seventy cents more per gallon.
Speaker 3: Now it kills me. I mean, it's what I.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have I don't drive a Yeah, I drive an EV so I don't have a gasoline car.
Speaker 3: So I'm thrilled.
Speaker 2: However, Lindsay drives a big honk and escalade which gets twelve miles to the gallon. And it's really very exciting when and it cost one hundred and twenty bucks to put in a tank full and three blocks later it's time for another tank.
Speaker 3: Full of gas.
Speaker 2: When we look at the price of gas and we hear on the news it's always the national average is and it's like two dollars less than what we pay. Used to be fifty cents, and now it's going to get even worse, a lot worse. So what drives up these prices, Well, let me start. In twenty twenty four, the California Air Resources Board approved amendments to the state's Low Carbon Fuel Standard program established in twenty eleven. Two goals in mind shifting the state's fuel dependence towards lower carbon fuels and helping the state cut fuel use by ninety four percent by twenty forty five. That's all virtually cut it completely. And this was meant to incentivize the value of lower carbon fuel. By the way, we didn't know the seventy cent figure. Actually we don't know that it is going to be seventy cents. It could be lower.
Speaker 3: No one has any idea.
Speaker 2: A lot of it has to do with the price of oil, which jumps all over the place, as you know, and it has to do with all other factors. We're talking about the number of people driving, we're talking about markets, we're talking about refineries of which.
Speaker 3: You know when they go into maintenance. We have so few refineries.
Speaker 2: In this case, one is taken offline, and all of a sudden, the amount of gasoline that we have jumps because the demand always increase, is always better or bigger than supply. And to California refineries are shutting down by this year.
Speaker 3: That's three hundred thousand barrels per day lost of oil.
Speaker 2: It's I gotta tell you when it comes to oil, when it comes to gasoline, California is a tough place to live. The highest tax state in the country, the most expensive gasoline in the country, the most restrictive OSHA laws which make business very difficult, the price of housing. I don't know how people still live here. It's just gotten so difficult. So we prepared for a lot more gas. Now, Neil, you threw a couple of figures at me as you were looking at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was interesting that this comes right on the tail of the Auto Club coming out a couple of days ago and talking about that we're going to have record people on the roads for the fourth July weekend five point five million. So CAW folks are going to be out on the roads, choosing to drive to more local destinations for vacation, which I love. Who love a good road trip?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I don't. Oh, you don't like driving at all at all. I hate traffic and sitting on a road trip.
Speaker 2: I have this one over here, my wife who loves road trips and wants to go on one. And I look at her and I mentioned a fact. There is not a human being on this planet that I will spend five and a half hours with, much less eight hours on a road trip.
Speaker 3: I love it. Oh, well, you never invite me because you never have to worry about it. No, but I mean you can.
Speaker 1: You could stop off the freeway and find a neat place, you know, neat little shops whatever you're you control your Yeah.
Speaker 3: The shops off the freeways are terrific. I can't no, no, they can be. Route sixty six is a lot, know.
Speaker 1: I just think it's a it's an eight alien beef jerkey. I like talking to my wife by the way and enjoy the time in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that, Not that your wife is in terrific. It's just talking to anybody for hour after hour after hour.
Speaker 3: You feel like a B two bomber. That's it. Here's the analogy.
Speaker 2: You're driving across the country and you feel like a B two bomber pilot like I did the previous story, forty four hours in the air without stopping.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 1: You could stop at a circle K, get yourself a snack. It's not like you have to use a chemical toilet in the back of the car.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're done. This is KFI A M. Six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.