Speaker 2: Yeah, let's pray over the Word. Father.
Speaker 1: We just ask you to minister to our hearts, Holy Spirit, Minister clarity, Minister of wisdom, minister through the Word. We we welcome not only your anointing in the Word, but we welcome, uh, you to just talk to us through the Word, to affirm, to confirm things that we haven't seen before, things we've never heard before. And not only through your servant, but through the atmosphere as you brood over us, Holy Spirit, we welcome you. We thank you for it in Jesus' name. And everybody said, Amen, I've got a memory. I've got you know, it's it's it's a reoccurring memory. And I don't I don't have it perfect. But my parents, you know, we're really big berry pickers. Ever heard of the bear picker?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And uh you know, so whenever it was berry's season, they would take us somewhere, my brother and I and older brother four years older than me, still alive.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh.
Speaker 1: I had to say that we're getting up there, you know, so live live, but we would go berry pick them and my parents they were they were like like eccentric about this, like they were over the top about this like my They would make little buckets for us and cut slots in the bucket and then put a belt on.
Speaker 2: Us, and the belt would go through the bucket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so the belt would go through the bucket, and so you know, essentially all you had to do was kind of you know, pull the berries and then get them into the bucket somehow. And of course, you know, as as young people, my brother and I we would probably eat more of the berries than we picked, you know, so it was hard to stay up with the very picking because the eating was so good. So this would be you know, every kind of berry, but the most dangerous berry was the BlackBerry, because you know, and I'm sure that I whimpered, and you know, who knows what else I did, you know, because I was I was the son they didn't know where he came from, and so because they were sure that I wasn't exactly like them, so you know, I would probably whimper and holler and cry and beller. And that was in between throwing berries at my brother, you know, over those thorns, those blasted thorns, you know I'm talking about, you know, all the prickly stuff on the blackberries. Anybody ever picked a BlackBerry. You're all looking at me like you've never picked a BlackBerry?
Speaker 2: Have you ever?
Speaker 1: Like come away with your hands all cut up? I mean your hands are are bleeding from the blackberries, right, and you know, no, little bitty guy, you know, what's that kind of a thing. But and the and the weird you know, the weird thing. The bummer about blackberries is that the best ones are always a little bit beyond reach, like some some thief got there before you and picked all the good ones that were just right there right.
Speaker 2: And now the.
Speaker 1: Best ones, you know, the more lush, the more plump, they're out there just far enough you.
Speaker 2: Get to really get cut up really good, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And so you get to reach over like so many thorns and thistles, and you got to reach over all this stuff to get into the good berries. Praise the Lord for grocery stores. Praise the Lord for grocery stores. You know, we went to we went to Blueberry Hill and Shelane this last summer. So the whole family went over and did a trip and we went to Blueberry Hill and I saw the most amazing thing ever at Blueberry Hill is Shellanne. They've got these rows of blueberry bushes. Right, They've got a machine that looks like a big upside down horseshoe, and it's got four wheels and it drives and it picks the berries. Can you imagine such a blessing? I want you to I want you to focus for a minute. I want you to focus for on that crown of thorns up there, because as I'm talking about thorns, I want to draw your attention to what was on the head of Jesus while he was crucified. Genesis chapter three, I think it's seventeen. It says that of the curse, you know, of the curse. It says that thorns and thistles came in with the curse. There's a lot of stuff that came in with the curse, a lot of stuff that there's no you know.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's up in our face all the time.
Speaker 1: And if you weren't fighting the curse, the curse is fighting you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And the real truth is that we're fighting the curse every day. We're up against the curse every day because the curses up against us. And I'm not talking about curses. I'm not talking about witchcraft today, I'm talking about the curse that is upon the earth. Through the fall of Adam, everything was lost. It wasn't just eternal life that was lost. Yes, they could no longer go into the Tree of Life. There was a cherubim stationed at the eastern side of Paradise, the garden, so they couldn't get in. They were they were kicked out right, They were kicked out through their obedience to the demonic realm. When when when Adam obeyed, So if he's Romans six sixteen says to whoever you obey.
Speaker 2: To that one, you become a slave.
Speaker 1: And when Adam obeyed Lucifer Satan, this one in the garden, it empowered him. That's how he became the prince in the power of the air. You know who the Prince of the power of the air was. Prince just means first one, it means in charge.
Speaker 2: You know who that was? It was Adam.
Speaker 1: Later, when the Bible says that Satan is that, it's because he usurped that from Adam through the fall. And it wasn't. It wasn't just the Tree of life. He could no longer go in and partake it. The tree of life. It wasn't just life, eternal life that was lost. The whole earth shifted immediately, and overnight, the entire earth shifted, and suddenly there were thorns and thistles. Suddenly there were thorns and thistles. Suddenly there were weeds. Suddenly there was sickness and disease. As soon as death came in, as soon as death came in, as soon as they could no longer eat of that tree of life, and they were unrighteous to do their obedience to Satan. And as soon as that happened, sickness and disease came in. Suddenly they were up against sickness and disease, And sickness and disease was up against them. The curse was empowered, and the curse flourished, and the curse, and with it came. You know, we could name all the things we fight, but it's corruption, right, It's it's it's corruption in every way.
Speaker 2: It's poverty.
Speaker 1: Poverty came in, condemnation came in, Inferiority came in, Hatred came in, violence came in, murder came in, rage came in. We know all of the things that pertained to our humanity and to our relationship one another. Competition came in, Animosity came in, Separation came in. We were meant to compliment one another, not compete, but compliment. We were meant to build up one another and complete. We were meant to complete one another. That's why even racially today, every nation, that's because we complete one another. We don't compete with one another. We complete one another. So all of this came in with the fall. But here's what I want you to see. I want you to see that as sweeping, as broad, as deep, because it wasn't just the impact of you and I and our relationships and our own internal man and then our relationships one with another that was affected through the fall. I want you to see the entire earth was affected. The spirit realm was affected. Everything that we everything that we breathe, everything that we need, everything around us, everything experienced the fall. Roman Day twenty says that the entire earth was subject to futility. The entire earth was subject to flutility. Verse twenty two says that Verse twenty two of Roman Day says that the creation. Since then, the creation has been groaning, groaning like a mother in with birth. Thanks with groaning desiring, longing to be delivered, redeemed, out of the curse, out of this futility, out of this loss, out of this this uncleanness that the earth was made subject to. So this is this is a reality. We're up against it. It's up against us. And what I want you to see today, I want you to see something today is that Jesus came. Jesus came to completely reverse the curse. Now, when we get together a weekend like this, we get together, this was this was Passion week for the Church, for the for the Body of Christ, for all Christians globally worldwide. This is passion week. When we get together on a week like this, and we did Friday night for a good Friday. And yes, it's called good Friday because there was Sunday. If there wouldn't have been a resurrection Sunday, it wouldn't have been a good Friday. It would have been a terrible Friday. But because Sunday came, it's a good Friday. That's why we call it good Friday. When we get together for a weekend like this, though, our minds go to the Cross and they go to mainly in Christendom, our minds go to forgiveness, and that's a beautiful thing. Our minds go to forgiveness of sin. That's a beautiful thing. And then Sunday comes and we're here Easter morning, and we're here to celebrate the resurrections to our minds go to eternal life, and our minds go to because we're now partakers of the Tree of life again. Right, so that's been opened up to us again. So our minds go to eternal life and our home with heaven. We have an assurance salvation. Believing in the Lord and believing upon the Lord, Jesus Christ gives us this assurance that we know where we're headed. Right, So that's a beautiful thing. We want that solved, we want that settled. That's a big thing. But sometimes what happens is we skip. Sometimes we skip, sometimes we miss. Sometimes we overlook in Christianity that this is much more that. If that's all there was, if that's all there was, those two elements, we could be potentially content. I don't know, so many of us maybe are content with that. But God isn't. God isn't The scope of the redemption of Jesus is as big as the scope of the fall this single thing that the Fall touched. Jesus came to restore every single element, every single thing, every single issue. I mean, it gets so vast that when you get over to Isaiah sixty five, we're not gonna read it this morning. You know, if you've been here, it's my favorite. It's one of my favorite passages. Isaiah sixty five, seventeen through twenty three. Write it down, read it later. But you'll see that as restoration goes, the restoration gets so vast that even the violence between the animals receives the shaloma the Lord, and everything is shifted as God's redeeming the planet. This is before the Second Coming, before the Second Coming. The shift is so vast that the violence between the nations is no more, the violence between the animals no more.
Speaker 2: That peace is.
Speaker 1: Flooding the earth, and the knowledge of the glory of the Lord fills the earth like the waters cover the sea. So does the peace of God. So does the peace of God. So God is working out this restoration, and this restoration is removing and overcoming the curse and pouring out a blessing that exceeds the power or the influence of the curse. The blessing of God, the blessing of God in Christ exceeds the power of the curse, the influence of the curse. Let me read this to you. You gotta hear this one. This is Romans five seventeen. Romans five seventeen. I think we can go to it. For if by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man. And this literally, this is literally death touching everything, right, This is death touching everything. Death reigned, Death reigned, Death was reigning. Death reigned through that one man. He's talking about first atom. Through the trespass of that first atom, Death reigned through that one man.
Speaker 2: How much more will.
Speaker 1: Those who receive God's abundant provision of grace. I love what Pastor Dennis was doing this morning. He was kind of getting this worked up a little bit, right, Were you worked up? Were you unhappy? Because he was reading John ten ten And you'll notice Jesus said that.
Speaker 2: I came to give you life.
Speaker 1: He was giving it to us oudam an expanded translation, really helping us. But Jesus said I came to give you life and life more abundantly. Now you notice he didn't say I've come to give you religion and religion more abundantly. And we know we know the Lord. We know that, we know that we know the Lord. But what happens is, sometimes in Christianity we missed the life part. We aren't supposed to believe for a good life. Now, your good life, that's coming after the Second Coming, that's coming after you depart, that's coming after Heaven, that's coming after.
Speaker 2: Whatever the end is for you.
Speaker 1: That's what we Sometimes we frame it that way in Christianity. But when we do so, we miss that he's dealt with the curse. We miss that that crown of thorns on his head went all the way back to Genesis three seventeen and eighteen, that the curse came in, and by the curse came thorns and thistles, and he wore that crown on purpose to symbolize the destruction of the curse, the overcoming of the curse, the complete removal of the curse. So here he's calling this grace that we've received, and the grace that we've received we know from Ephesians two six through eight even that the grace flows by faith. It's not of our works, lest any of us could boast The grace we receive is the outpour of God's favor. It is not by works lest any of us could boast. It is the outpouring of God's favor shown us in Christ, Jesus demonstrated through the sacrifice of the Sun on our behalf, and we partake of it by faith. So this grace, God's favor, God's kindness, God's outpouring. It's the power to walk in his divine will. It's the power to walk with him. It's the power to enter into communion. That grace is abundant. It's an abundant grace. I want to go back to Romans five seventeen.
Speaker 2: How much were.
Speaker 1: Will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Christ, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Reign in life? Does he hear that?
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, if you're here for baptism, I'm gonna dismiss you right now. We've got a bunch of these seventeen getting baptized at the end of our server. So go ahead and get ready and then come back into the auditorium. Halleluja. Give them another hand as they go I'm gonna go back to that. It's it's worth going back to because here I I want you to hear this. Those who receive the abundance of grace, what how, what is the quantity of the grace? Abundance of grace will rain in life? Wow, now this is interesting. He didn't say they will rain in church. He didn't say they were rain in the sanctuary. He didn't say they'll reign in the synagogue. He didn't say they'll reign in religion. He didn't say they'll reign in religious traditions. He didn't say they'll reign in the sacrificial system. He didn't say they'll reign in ministry. Now, all of that could be true. All of that could be true as well, because I'm going to read two Peter chapter one to you in a moment.
Speaker 2: That's all true.
Speaker 1: But God is trying to get something across through the writer that sometimes we miss. Sometimes we miss what God is trying to communicate through the writer or the writing. Because what really what we we're gonna leave here today? We came to the house, we are believers in Jesus. We got lint on our shirt. I'm dropping plastic wrappers out of my pocket. You didn't see it because you had your eyes closed praying over the sermon.
Speaker 2: Oh you did see. You were cheety, so you know it might have been a muffin. I don't know, but you know, here we are, we're trying.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave here and we're gonna be back up against the curse and the curses up against us. And so that's life. That's life. That's life. That's life. We're gonna leave here and engage in life again. But he said, we're gonna reign in life. This is important because if we don't wrap our hearts around this, if we don't wrap our mind and our hearts and our thinking and our thoughts around this, we can't wrap our faith around it. If we don't wrap our faith around it, we can't partake of it. You can't partake of what you don't wrap your faith around because because if you can't wrap your heart and your mind around what, he's literally overtaking you with wow.
Speaker 2: Grace, the grace poured out.
Speaker 1: Upon you in Jesus is not something you need to beg God for petition, God for Jesus.
Speaker 2: He tells us.
Speaker 1: We can't earn it, and we don't deserve it. It's more like the blessing of Deuteronomy chapter twenty eight and Deuteronomy chapter twenty eight. It says, all these blessings will overtake you.
Speaker 2: There. He's in there.
Speaker 1: So many times, our thinking, our Christian thinking, our background, our theology, what we've been trained or taught or heard it positions us as a beggar. We're still a beggar. We're still a beggar. We still don't deserve anything, and we're still a beggar. And so we have to petition and petition and petition, and maybe after a long period of petitioning you, we might get God's favor. We might earn an answer from God. We might get a breakthrough from God. We might deserve something before God. We really, we need to say, subdue ourselves, and we need to get really calm, We need to get pious, we need to get very, We need to get and we need to earn this thing we need to And an earning can get woven into our thinking subconsciously, and we don't even realize it. And so even when we wake in the morning, we don't wake with expectancy.
Speaker 2: We wake wondering what we have to do.
Speaker 1: First in order to get God's favor, God's word, God's help, God's insight, God's wisdom.
Speaker 2: But that isn't the way this operates. That isn't.
Speaker 1: This is called the gospel, and the gospel means good news and the good news of God's grace that's accessed by your faith.
Speaker 2: The good news of this is that when you believe, when you just believe.
Speaker 1: Before you've said one prayer, before you've earned anything, before you've served anybody, before you've even got the second eye lid open, it's already pull is already there, wanting to overtake you with answers for today, with insight for today, with blessings for today, so that the blessing on you will cause you to.
Speaker 2: Reign in life.
Speaker 1: And it'll be greater than the curse Jesus. It's greater than the curse tewod Peter, Chapter one, verse two. Grace and peace be multiplied to you. Grace and peace, oh, oh, even more be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, seeing that his divine power has granted to us everything, how many things, everything pertaining to life and godliness pertaining to life, Why did he put that in there? Why didn't he just stick with the spiritual stuff. Why didn't he say everything pertaining that godliness? Why did he have to throw.
Speaker 2: In that life stuff? Because this is God's kindness.
Speaker 1: This is God's favor, this is God's love, This is God in Christ, completely redeeming us holy, reversing the curse, reversing the curse, this is God. God desires to fully reverse the curse. I want to read to you out of Romans chapter eight, if I can find it, Romans chapter verse twenty. This is one I kind of alluded to before, but it's worth reading again for the creation with subjected to futility, not willingly, because of Him who subjected it.
Speaker 2: In hope, in what? In what?
Speaker 1: In hope, God saw the redemption from the moment that he cursed the earth because of our all, because of our separation, because of our disobedience, because of Adam's allegiance to Satan, which loosed all of this on the earth. God saw at that moment he saw something hope sees. Hope is the power of imagination to see something good. God saw redemption, He saw the earth restored, He saw the cursory verse. He saw the working of the sun at that very moment. He subjected it in hope because the creation itself will also be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Now, I want to submit this to you. I want to submit that this is not this is not an instantaneous thing that happens. This is something that's being worked out right now. This is being worked out right now. God is actually restoring the earth right now. God is because he's restoring the sons and daughters of God. And this says that even as we've received liberty, the glorious liberty of the children, even as we've received liberty, we are the ones who lead the way for the curse to be reversed in the earth. We're the ones who lead the way for the earth to be restored. We're leading the way. So I want you to think about that cross for a moment. Think about that cross for a moment, and the reversing of the curse. The crown of thorns represented the curse on the earth. He's taken it on. The males represented the victory of his perfection over sin and Satan. The nails represented his victory, the victory of His perfection, his perfection offered in our place. Colossians chapter two says that every nail, every hammer blow on those nails, was actually God nailing the judgment of Satan against us, because we fall short to the cross, so that He could defeat them on our behalf. Listen to Colossians too. When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all of our sins. Having canceled the charge of legal indebtedness which stood against us and condemned us, He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. Every accusation against us has been nailed.
Speaker 2: To the cross.
Speaker 1: Every failure, every sin, every falling short of the Torah, every aspect of it six hundred and thirteen laws or the Decalogue, the Ten Commandments, every aspect of falling short was nailed to the cross his perfection on our behalf, that we could enter into liberty and freedom and a relationship with God. Triumphing over powers and authorities. They were disarmed, they were disarmed, they were disarmed, and He triumphed over powers and authorities on our behalf. Then First Peter two twenty four says, then he bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness. For by his wounds the Greek there the word is welts by his wounds. By his welts thirty nine stripes, thirty nine stripes, by his wounds, you have been healed, or you were healed. Some people say, well, we don't know if healing is really in the Bible. Why do you take medicine. You're trying to contradict God's will. Why do you long to be whole? Why do you long to be well? Why do you pray to be healed? Why do you want to be healed? Why do you believe to be healed? Because God's woven health in your nature. God's woven health in your nature. He wove the desire for health in your nature. And then he defeated sickness and disease in Jesus on the cross. So you have to know that the scope of redemption was as vast, it was as big as the fall, and as sure as sickness and disease came in which Jesus health and healing has come in. God is for you. God is for you. God is for you. God is for you. You have to understand it's not just divine healing. It's not just divine healing. It's the wisdom for health. It's the wisdom for health. God God desires for you to be whole, and the blessing of God will enable you to overcome the curse.
Speaker 2: Would you stand with me this morning? I want to close.
Speaker 1: By inviting you, and we're we're only transitioning, so don't run away. This is a very early sermon close right. All of you that know me know that I talked forever, so this is an early sermon close. But I want to invite you to pray with me this morning, and then we're going to transition to Pastor Joel and Pastor Dennis and into the baptisms. It's a shorter message on purpose so that we've got time to fit all this in before we all run away.
Speaker 2: But here's what I want you to say.
Speaker 1: I want you to get this is that I want you to leave something here today. I want you to leave if you could drop it, drop it on the floor where you're at. I'm not going to have you run to the altar. But I want you to leave something. We'll vacuum it up later. I want you to leave unworthiness here today. I want you to leave the beggar attitude here today. I want you to leave that you always have to earn something. I want you to leave that petitionary, that petitionary compulsion that you have. I got a petition for thirty minutes or an hour or two, and I didn't do that. So I'm not gonna get a breakthrough. God's not gonna help me. I need to overcome some of this curse. I need to overcome. Life is up against me. I'm up against life. What in the world am I gonna do? How am I gonna earn my way into that? I want you to leave that. We'll vacuum it up later. We'll vacuum We got big unworthy vacuums. I just sucked that stuff up. I want you to leave that here today. Because God is for you and not against you. And God is showering you with grace today, and you've entered into Him as you've entered into Jesus. You've entered into abundant grace, abundant grace.
Speaker 2: And he wants you to be a receiver.
Speaker 1: He's saying, would you be a better receiver, become a become a very unprofessional beggar. Don't get so good at petition. I'm playing with him teething, but listen, listen, but become a professional receiver. Let's do it right now, Let's do it together, Holy Spirit. I receive goodness today. I receive your love. Today. I receive the overcoming grace of God I received. Come on and say with me today, I receive the abundant grace given to me in Christ Jesus. I don't want to turn back. I don't want to turn back. You've made me a qualified son and daughter, a qualified child before you, and I give you the praise for it in Jesus name. And everybody said