Speaker 1: I am the master of the ceremony, so my territory being off the limits and gimmix. Sometimes I wonder infisoft worth my wild exhibits the brother.
Speaker 2: Or you can see the whole city, Brian, just the cop job and it still a keep turn.
Speaker 1: What you see is what you get now, exhip it never wait around for no ship.
Speaker 2: Damn cop.
Speaker 1: You ain't trying to hop box with me. I swing much with the gonnae down by the second round. All had an understround linium particular flow. I never let glow getting knocked out at part of my show.
Speaker 2: And I've been in this way and not James stopping hands on the ball will the real ass.
Speaker 1: To the scene and these stand up with my bunnies doing a big straight there a minute trench, Shawn Bright, make sure that that's safe, right, because tonight I'm gonna meet my next ex wife. I can drink a whole man to see fears. So call that a problem, but I call it a cat meditation.
Speaker 2: In an addressed nation like a congregation.
Speaker 1: While you got some like atenior conversations, frot linece tonight needs with a full clip. The bruise of regulations West Coast was.
Speaker 2: On the Cruise show.
Speaker 1: Let's get it. Wow, let's go shout the DJ Fuse for the interest. DJ Fuse, Man, thank you. That was what was that first song play? I am the Master so my temperate toy Belkimi.
Speaker 2: Sometimes wait what is that? What is that? Is that a DJ queen someone's got you? Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like a DJ quick production and the Master so my temperate TOYLIMI Okay, yeah, all right, well there it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I got a lot of stuff, my temperate toy delimit to kimmick.
Speaker 1: That sounds like yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll research that. But that, man, I was you know what I noticed about like listening to that intro. Uh man uh the mixes are so important. You can hear the evolution of the music as you know, as we wait.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It just feels good to be dropping music in twenty twenty five. Man, I feel really good about it. But thank you for having me, man, Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Exit the z Bro Yeah, youngest legend we here.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the youngest, but but yeah, man, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: It, man, Thank you, k legend.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Man, let's talk King Maker. Yes, that mean, man, I haven't put out a record since twenty twelve, and so you know, the reason to make a record is because, hey, I still love the hot I still love what I do, I still love music, and I feel like, you know, I didn't want to put music out until I had something to say now, being that this is, you know, something that I haven't done in you know, like twelve years. I wanted to make sure that when I had something to say, that it had a purpose, that I could feel good and stand on what I was saying. So Maker is about a transfer of information. It is about the things, the habits, the self discipline, the character, the way I carry myself, you know, the way I've you know, made some mistakes, got back up. You know, all of that is embodied in the way I creatively made this music. And now this is about giving it to the people who want to hear it and listen and you could do with it, which you will absolutely. Yeah, there's a lot of lessons right that we have learned throughout life, you all of us in here, right, but in the music it shows and you can tell there's things that you talk about that happened in the past, things that you realize now, yo, get a job in future, kids. Yeah, I mean, just boiling it, boiling it down to the essentials. I think there's a lot of there's a lot of fluff music out, there's a lot of mindless music out and and there has to be a balance, you know, there has to be diversity in it. And I didn't want to chase the sound. I didn't want to sound like what out and current. I just need to do what I do really well. And and that's kind of the direction of where this album creatively came from. But you know, to be honest, man, I feel like this is the most cohesive project I put together. This is the most like well rounded project ever put together. The sound is immaculate. Yeah, yeah, I mean the mixes, you know, shout out to Steve b. Shout out to Focus, who helped me produce the whole entire thing. He was with me from the beginning. Shout out to the Aftermaths staff, you know, shout out to them joints. You know, Doctor Dre, you know DJ, you know battle Cats on there.
Speaker 2: I mean, like.
Speaker 1: There's such a there's such a balance between the legacy artists that you used to seeing me with and you know, I got a lot of love for the new Cats coming out.
Speaker 2: So we have that on this record. Yo.
Speaker 1: So we have a version of the album, right, but it's missing a few songs, yes, right, which is crazy because now I got to hear him. Tell you like, like, I'm so glad you got a chance to hear it, because yeah, yeah, exactly. It feels like I'm excited to put this record out a because I don't think it's gonna cut. I think it's gonna catch a lot of people off guard. I think it's gonna you're not prepared to hear me like this, you know what I'm saying, Like like it's different the maturity to growth, the direction of the way I'm rapping. I mean it, it'd be easy to come on and do a whole bunch of low riding guns slapping you know, uh, you know torque music. You know what I'm saying, like like like seventeen bitch pleases, you know what I mean, Like like it would be easy to go that direction. But but but I think death is what matters in I believe exactly. It's been a long time. I mean, you hear it right, right, there and been a long time right away from the jump, Yeah, right, Well, when creating a song like been a long time?
Speaker 2: Right? How far do you go back into what you're thinking? How far? How far do you go back as far as lyrics go? Right?
Speaker 1: Do you go back to certain things that you felt a long time ago? How you feeling today?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: No, Been a long time? Part two that's on the key Maker record. It's like when I heard that, because usually when I write now, I write on the spot. I write in the studio and I just stand in front of the microphone and the music takes me where I need to go. It seems like it becomes more. It's easier to get the ideas and the energy out that way instead of sitting there and trying to write a whole verse down. And I never write on my phone. I will never understand it what I'm trying to say. I never look at old lyrics. No, I've never written in my phone, even when I find one thing that's not on you know, like I type out my lyrics because there's something about being able to write down on paper, yes, and the way that it connects to your memory, the way it connects to there's something about it, right, So I'll maybe write one or two lines to get the rhyme started, but then I'll just stand in front of the mica just continue to build on that. Right, So what like, for example, to answer your question, been a Long Time? Part two was just a continuation I've been a long time off the original with the original was on a Restless album, so you know, Battlecat did that track, and when I heard the Dim Joints track, it felt like this is like a continuation of that, and I spent you know, been a long Time Part two. I take some jabs on myself, you know what I'm saying. They say I look like componmnuts, but I take that as a compliment. Hot Locks the Oxygen, you know what I'm saying. Like my rap career has finished, you know what I'm saying. Like, so I really feel like, you know, being able to kind of give these subtle lessons about you know, the way I've done a lot of self healing and the things that I've done to you know, make myself be ready for this new chapter in life, be ready for the things that I've already survived, you know, not really looking backwards, but looking forward, because the best days are our ahead of us? Yeah, absolutely, man, does problems shout out your government names?
Speaker 2: Absolutely album I'm tripping.
Speaker 1: Hold off, bro, you know, brother, I love to see my my my cats. You know, my mcs expressed themselves and I'll never take anything away from the way they do that delivery man. So I thought it was really dope the way he delivered that. And you know, we have fun on that song. That's a song, guy, well problems on the record twice. Man, he's only I got a song called the Moment featuring me buster rhymes and problem Well he's Jason Martin now, yeah, but he's problem this. Oh my god, oh my god, I can't you guys have to hear that song. But then he's also on the Belly of the Beast. So you know, the problem has been with me for for for quite some time because he was you know, he we come and we spar a lot in the studio. So he comes in the studio and not only just you know, with with music and musical choices in the direction of music, like, he has an entrepreneur, entrepreneur spirit that he is trying to build and he asks a lot of information for me. He's a smart guy, and I give him as much information as possible. And then when we were talking about it, he's like, man, put the record out, Man put the record. I was like, listen, man, when it's time, it's time.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But he's like, he's he's he's impatient, Like he's of the new generation and our generation, like he's said, straddled in the middle, right, So so he ain't an old head, but he in a young Yeah. So so he was like, he's like, yo, you got to keep up with the algorithm. I'm like, fuck the algorithm, you know what I'm saying, Like, let's let's make let's let's do it. When let's do it when like we've built our legacies off of being consistent and having an impactful you know, uh presence, you know with the music when we drop it, how we drop it. Howard's received that that that is done with the formula, right, and so we can't change the formula just because everybody else is making McDonald's. We we still got to be Morton's around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely for wanting to everyone to hear that verse, because he went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hell yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's good talking that ship. It's really yeah. Perfect Alibi, Yes, that beats crazy, thank you man. Yeah. Man. So when you're picking a beat like perfect Alibi, does it hit you right away? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you you you, you start making the songs, and then you realize what's missing, right, And so if you look at if you look at my other attempts at songs for women, uh, choked me, me, pulled my hair, uh, you know, concentrate uh you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have a long history of soft emotional records his.
Speaker 2: Life, but but here. But as I'm mature, you know what I'm saying, as I've grown.
Speaker 1: Perfect Alibi is that I'm I mean, that's about its closest to you know, where I am. Now, you know what I'm saying, Like, I've had a lot of you know, experiences, you know, good, bad, and and different with my personal life, and I never like kind of like put that out well I don't, but you know, yeah, others have. But when they put it out in the media and whatnot, it says more about you know, them than it does about me. And so from there, I've kind of learned to like be available emotionally, which is hard for me, you know what I'm saying, because I was raised by my dad. My dad was a military guy, right, and so my mother, my mother passed when I was young. So that emotional like heartwarming, you know, yeah, it's not really me. So I had to learn how to develop that and and I haven't always been the best, but you know now I feel like I'm the best version of that. And I really love the woman I'm with and you know we don't have those issues. And you know this is that's that's a uh, that is where that song took me. That's that I wanted to put that in that mind state into that song. Then what's then what's her reaction when she hears like, it's not that I don't care about you, but my life will be that song.
Speaker 2: Not about her, you know that's about all the mother, but it's still something you believe.
Speaker 1: No no, but I mean, I mean I would been a long time part to that line. It has multiple meanings. So it's like if the song, the verses aren't about a relationship with a woman, the songs are about my relationship with hip hop, you know. And there's fair weather fans, there's people that have come and gone there's people that have opinions about things. So I think the meaning of that song, the kingmaker message behind that song. It's like, listen, nobody's gonna not everybody loves us, right, and so it's so you know, even with this age of social media, you look at I mean, everybody's guilty of it. You you look at a posts that you may and then you go to the comments and it could be five hundred one thousand comments to say, man.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 1: Man, you're the greatest, You're the best, and it's just that one that says you ain't. It's all right, and you want to talk to that guy, you know what I'm saying, that's the one you focus on. So so really, man, it's about love who loves you, and you know it's gonna be alright at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: For sure, you won't go to see it go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, few.
Speaker 2: Decades absolutely absolutely, Man, you're back in lyrical way.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was so impressed.
Speaker 3: I couldn't write down lyrics appreciate it fast enough.
Speaker 2: But I got a couple here. Okay, what's the BBL to alpha man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, frastination is like masturbation.
Speaker 2: You just fucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those are just a few, but man, the features uh you mentioned Legends be Real, ice Cube, Problem, King t red Man, Doctor Dre and then title A signed the Simba verses out of here.
Speaker 2: Good to hear gap Dad for.
Speaker 3: I just want to thank you from a fans perspective, you know what I mean to knowing you since the late nineties and everything like, it's still great to see you working at the top of your craft.
Speaker 2: Man, So thank you. Yeah, thank you man.
Speaker 1: Listen and likewise, man, I've seen you know, you guys cultivate these careers and cultivate this connection with the community that is unmatched, and you know, to be here and just be able to complete this album the way we have, I feel really strongly about it. I feel like, you know, you know, I put my best foot forward and it took that long to make sure that when I did put this record out that it was I couldn't leave my legacy at twenty twelve. I couldn't leave it at napalm. I feel like I owe the fans this record. I owe people, you know, to not just see what's on TMZ or see what's on whatever website and they hear it directly from men yeah, Yeah, I'm controlling the narrative, and I'm speaking from a position of power that I think that people can relate to. Everybody loves an underdog, everybody loves a comeback story. But I feel like I never win, you wear, But I feel like this record is a great representation of then and now. Yeah, Garcia mentioned Symbol right on American idols like Yo. Like Symbol just tells the truth and says exactly what it is right, and it may offend you or may make you upset. Hey, bar in there, Nick Cannon, bar, you know, everyone thinks he's corny, but he could buy an island if he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he ain't killed nobody, so everybody, it's crazy. Yeah, that's real.
Speaker 1: Ship Like hip hop doesn't necessarily give enough credit to people like Nick Cannon, I believe and other artists like that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah is wild'ing out.
Speaker 1: We all know what ya he's doing, right, but the way Symbol breaks it down is just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I think.
Speaker 1: You know, if you hip hop Going back to what you said, hip hop is the only genre of music that has agism. And and when I say that, I mean it's like once you go past early twenties. You're an old head for some reason, are you? Or you don't belong You're right right, right right, And so I think that being part of a genre and a culture that's only fifty years old, fifty plus now we are the first of our kind of crosses threshold that went from cassettees CDs into the streaming world. We're from the we're from the last regime change going into a new regime change. And you know, nobody has told the Rolling Stones when to stop touring. Nobody's told you know, uh, you know, rock bands when to stop Paba Paul McCartney. Only hip hop does that, and and and it's weird to talk about symbols verse because he says, because everybody's fighting for these five seats, but there's way more seats to success than these five that everybody's fighting over. So, you know, I look at it like this is a great time for me. Kendrick did a wonderful job reigniting the coast and and and kind of putting a battery in the and the energy that's out here. I think it's a great climate to drop this record. I think that especially the partnerships I made with Green Back Records, Connor McGregor shooting over people's heads, not having to fight the algorithm or go sleepover Kaye Sannott's house. You know what I'm saying, like to to, you know, to to and shout out kay Sanatt. I think you know what he's doing for his platform and and and the people are great. Everybody has their their platform and everybody's reaching their audience. I think I need to reach out to my audience. And then on the way, if people that love this type of music want to get involved, this is an experience for you. And you know the people have that have listened to my catalog from the beginning, do yourself a favor. Listen to this record from from track one all the way to track twenty all the way down. One time, yeah, just one time. Would play this at my funeral? Yes, yes, play it from the top to the bottom, and you understand, like you know, I can die happy man that this album was made.
Speaker 2: Dre Dre on k Maker.
Speaker 1: That sounds like it sounded like Dre walked in yeah talking that ship and happen to be on.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, that's yeah. What's crazy how that record came together?
Speaker 1: Uh, Swiss beats produced that oh well, yeah, and so we we wanted to I want I wanted Dre on this record, right, And so he is at a point now where he's like, I don't want to WRAP want to do you know what I'm saying, like, like I do it, you know, like I work on stuff, but it's never coming out. So for him, you know what I'm saying, for him to for him to be like that, luck, yeah, yeah, He's like like yeah, And then he was like, you know, I don't do these for money, you know, I don't. I you know, I don't. I create music because I want to do it, you know. So for him to like see the importance of being on this record and enjoy, you know, the environment that was created with the record speaks volumes about the production value on this record. So you know, I love Doctor Dre. He's done a lot for my career. He continues to do a lot for me as my friend. And this is a great, great representation. We haven't done a song together, you know, for a long time, so it's good to happen on the record. Since you guys were working on deals, I'm sure what I'm sure you seven different versions of that's like eighty versions. Yeah, and then you know what on this record, on this record too, man, I did. This is my first time me and Cube working on a on a song, bro, as long as he's known each other and being no no no, Cube is on uh for the love for the love love Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah that's right, Cube is on for the love no Bro. And he did his thing as well. Yeah yeah, like he did what he was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think every feature like Redman's feature right off top and be real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody is talking that ship. I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds silly because you guys have proven everything right, but it almost sounds like everybody still got it's hungry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we came in gassing everybody's like, you ain't gonna gas me out on no track. You know.
Speaker 2: That's also like.
Speaker 1: A good good space to be in when everyone wants to just keep on going and.
Speaker 2: Be their best. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, everybody showed up on this record, you know, even you know all the ladies that showed up that did the vocal Jen m Lorrangeia. You know, it was really dope to have that kind of feeling and see those records come together.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you know it's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know the pop out You mentioned Kendrick righton what he did out here, and the pop Out show was crazy, got everybody on stage, and that was just a moment. We all feel the same, I believe in the West Coast about that, about that moment, right.
Speaker 2: But I think what.
Speaker 1: You guys had very early on with the Up and Smoke tour, that was a complete tour, wasn't just one show. That is one of the greatest hip hop tours of all time. Correct, Yeah, I mean that changed my life, changed the direction of everything I was doing musically. You know, I was, I was cutting my teeth, I was, I was running around La doing the Vibrant you know during the Vibrant, you know, growing of when you know, the Far Side and the Black Eyed Peas, alcoholics in King t and you know, all these other factors were happening in Los Angeles hip hop Souls of Mischief, you know what I'm saying. Like it was like a real dope you know, Renaissance time, coming from the Death Row era, coming out of the g Funk era.
Speaker 2: You know, we were next.
Speaker 1: We didn't know we were next because we were coming out of nightclubs and just cutting our teeth, so being able to actually then go and be asked to be part of this bigger juggernaut, this this big, massive machine, which we were you know, sort of anti because we were called backpack wrappers at the time, you know what I'm saying, like like and so and so when we started selling records and moving units and being you know, put in these platforms, it was dope to be plucked out of obscurity by some of the biggest talents on the planet and then put and then associated with this and being like he's one of us. And that was really really really exciting for me to not only go on a tour, but on these records that were being put out as singles, not just like tucked away as an album cut. Like we're huge videos and we're getting tour buses, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, yeah, yeah, good wardrobes. You know, catering doesn't suck, you know what I'm saying. It's awesome. Yeah, for sure, little finger Foods not to love the whole waters to get a little mini ones, you know, three of them everything, right, yeah, man? Yeah, And that tour really, you know, man, that tour set the world on fire Man, all those legends on stage, and back then, you know, everybody was just you know, Snoop and Dre were legends, right and then Eminem exhibit Nate, I mean.
Speaker 2: Bro, like it was crazy. You still got some merch from that.
Speaker 5: I have I have I have, Bro, I have the actual tour bucks, I have the tour books, and I got signatures from everybody on the and the messages they were writing too many.
Speaker 2: It was like, welcome to the family. You know, this is this you know you're going big. This is it. Welcome you know I'm saying, yeah, exactly exactly. Have a neat summer. Yeah, don't change.
Speaker 3: Yeah you give left to Kendrick because you use the line sometimes you gotta pop out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly, Hell yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: What's up Jack?
Speaker 1: You know you mentioned all these features and you talk about having like the younger cats, and when you're when you're studying the newer generation.
Speaker 2: What sticks out to you the most about these younger cats if they care about the craft.
Speaker 1: A lot of people think it's a flex to not care about the craft, or be too cool to perform rapping over their vocals or man you've been wrapping two months, you know, I got you know, I did my record in six days or two days, or it sounds like it, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it.
Speaker 1: And and and that's the thing, like, you know, don't come into this thing of ours and and and think that disregarding or disrespecting the craft is a flex. So when I listen to people you know that are coming out now or new an artist, you know, I listen for the care of this thing, like the punch lines, the metaphors. Even if you don't wrap like that is, there has to be some kind of like he puts some time and effort into that, and he put his tenenty twenty thousand hours into being an artist first then and now he's given us the best of what he got. You know, when they're wrapping off beat and the beat's going like a mile ahead of them and they wrap him behind it, and I can't understand what they're saying. I don't know, Maybe I don't do the right drugs, you know what I'm saying, Maybe I don't I don't do the right kind of I gotta have a right peel combination to like and then it just snaps into place or something. Yeah, maybe I gotta pour a little link more lean. You know what I'm saying, come, come more Thanks. Ye shoudn't need to be you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh there it is. You know he's a something.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, some whippets. Nothing I told you. I just know that's what the kids are doing, you know, back back of our day. Yeah, good reefer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember back in the day, it was like it was stressed and chronic. That was all you had. There was two choices. Now you got the white elephant blueberry snuffle chips, and you know, I'm saying, it's like what you got dabmatic, you know, Crystal clear fully pressed, uh top life ressons.
Speaker 2: And they're like, man, just just going to do math, my nigga.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, like you're doing tomorrow, you.
Speaker 2: Know, just graduate because this is our not doing enough for you. You know what I'm saying, Just graduate. You know what I'm saying, like, you know this is boring, it's not working for you. You know, I literally try to explain that to my kids.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, not to sound back in my day, I said, but there were two choices and the bad one over there seth and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to stay too long. But but but they don't understand this. But here's how you explain it to them. So so we come from the crack era. So when you saw things that need that needed a torch or any kind of glass, nigga, that's drugs. You know what I'm saying, Like you are like you're doing you're doing some drugs.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So so so so.
Speaker 1: Now when people are doing dabs and there's a torch coming out, I was like, nah, that all is way cleaner, Like give me listen, let me diwn this hill with my backwoods and my old English eight hundred and.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's it, you know'st now, I understand all that. I know what it is.
Speaker 1: You know, and you can hang upside down and do it. Some job would bear. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms, Oh my god, yes you have. I have. I've done it twice. There will not be a third. The actual mushrooms are like the microdose gummies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, you want to hear this story. You don't have enough time. Oh my god, dude, what.
Speaker 2: You do what happened.
Speaker 1: So there's two times that I've done shrooms. I'll just tell you about the first time. Okay, So this is okay. So a friend of I was living in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the time. I was like fourteen fifteen years old, but I was on my own. I was in the street. Me and this guy, Lamar, lived in the apartment together. We were hustling, right, trying to be Nino Brown's and New Jack City. Yeah yeah, he goes down, Yeah yeah, breaking bad all that shit.
Speaker 2: Shit was real.
Speaker 1: So so you know, white partner comes over, he has, you know, like yo, you want to do some shrooms. He puts them in our hand and then you know he's like digging his bag and you know, I eat him obviously.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Now it was way more than I was supposed to have. And so my friend Lamar Lamar. Let me give you some background on Lamar. Lamar was from Chicago. He had just moved there. He was like a real militant Blackstone Ranger, black powered type dude, you know what I'm saying. We in the streets doing his thing, got along good so that we took the shrooms.
Speaker 2: Dude wash and dude was like.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, just take a cap ord Like, I was like, what, we already did the like.
Speaker 2: Nasty, you know what I'm saying. So he was like, fuck it. So here's the vitamin seapill and we did it with orange uice.
Speaker 1: Big mistake. So and so and so he says, uh. So he says, uh, you know, let's go to this party. It's in Santa Fe. Santa Fe is about an hour away. So so we're like, fuck it, We're not feeling this. It's I mean, we just were too superior for this drug. It doesn't work on us, right.
Speaker 2: So we get to this.
Speaker 1: Party and you know, we we we it's a house full of people house party. We sit on this couch at the back of the party. We did only two black guys there, and so, you know, I don't I my stomach starting to hurt. I go to this bathroom it's right behind the couch, and I'll never forget. I sat on the toilet and there was a black and white checker floor and I'm looking at the floor and she goes, oh, yeah, yeah, kick it in and I was like, look, what the fuck happened? You know, man like, and then it did it again, like longer. Yeah, yeah, no, the floor actually like oh my god. So so I'm like, oh shit, let me go get Lamar. I went out, ran, I ran back out, and I was trying to get to him. And then it was this girl coming at the same time, like slow motion, and she we met kind of at the couch at the same time.
Speaker 2: And you know, God blessed this girl.
Speaker 1: I know she didn't mean it the way he took it, right, So so he said, she says she has a tray. She said, hey, I brought you some chicken. I know you like chicken.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Lamar is not for the bullshit, right, so he stands up as fast as he can and punches the right in the face.
Speaker 2: Bow chicken wings go everywhere, and uh, we're all teenagers at this point.
Speaker 1: Eight teenagers, and we're fighting. Now, we're fighting the whole party. Right. Turns out the girl he hit it's her birthday and that's her house and her boyfriend is like a football player, so he's fucking amped up and he's you know what I'm saying, we're fighting trying to get out of the front of the house. So you know, yeah, we're fighting on shrooms. Now, we're fully peeking at this time, right, and so and so and so we get to we get to we get to the truck and there's like there's glasses and bottles, people jumping over cars, trying to hit us and doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: We're backing out, ducking.
Speaker 1: So now we're driving back to Albuquerque and and there's like no street lights. It's it's a it's a desert and the only thing that's happening is the moonlight. So we're driving across this desert and this little g or whatever it is, a little tracker, and so now we're going through a roller coaster. So so we keep saying the same thing. It's like, you know, oh you punched that girl in the face, you know, and it's like, oh, you punched that girl in the face. Like we are crying, laughing, crying, laughing for a whole hour.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: I get to the house, I get some milk, and I'm trying to drink milk. I'm trying to take and acids. I'm trying to stop the ship. How you stop the ship? You know what I'm saying, I'm off the right, I'm calling this dude. I'm like, yo, I'm gonna I'm gonna kill You'm gonna kill you. I'm gonna kill you. He's like, listen, dude, just just calm down. You need to go to a dark space. You need to be in a safe place. Just turning music down. Just you know, it's been a lot, dude. And like, I'm gonna deal with the people in Santa fe don't trip.
Speaker 2: But they don't know. It's all good.
Speaker 1: So so I was like, okay, safe, right, Okay, So I'm you know, I'm a full blown drug dealer. So what safe to me? Unload all the guns in the house, you know what I'm saying. Okay, So I'm unloading the nines.
Speaker 2: I'm unloading this and I get to my room.
Speaker 1: That last gun, I got a right shotgun, pistol grip shotgun. Right, So I've done this a bazillion times. I just unloaded. I hit the chamber. Shells go flying out and you drop the chamber. That's it, right, I go one, two, three, four, five, six.
Speaker 2: That went off. I had my hand on the trigger.
Speaker 1: And now there's dust and carpet all over the road, right, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then and then and then I look I looked down.
Speaker 1: I just I just knew I blew my leg off. I just knew it. I didn't even look down once I my ears ringing, and I was like, I just fucked myself. I'm gonna be in a wheelchair. I look down, move my foot, sit like, here's my foot. That ship the shotguns show right next to it, and and and it was a slug so none of the pieces hit me.
Speaker 2: It was like dust, concrete, and carpet everywhere.
Speaker 1: And I was like, fox rooms, you know what I'm saying, Like like this, this was a total experience that I did not have to have, you know what I'm saying, Like I didn't wake up this morning volunteer doing this, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, Yo, this isn't the best for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'll tell you the second one. Yeah everyone, next time.
Speaker 1: No more, no more rooms, man, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. I would have been seen the rest maybe just maybe would have wouldn't foot or something. You know what I'm saying, I'd be give you one of these. And I was like, oh no, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I want to do instead of can I kick it? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah, for real?
Speaker 1: Instead of exhibiting, for example, yeah, ex wood shop. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been like like a peg leg or something like a pirate name.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I lived with at the time. Oh, I was. I was on my own, man.
Speaker 1: I had just been you know, a water state, and there was a bunch of stuff that happened in my childhood that you know, caused me to be in the system and then kind.
Speaker 2: Of on my own early. Yeah, I was on my own at fourteen. It was a wild Yeah, I was out there, man.
Speaker 1: But I got to California when I was seventeen, and then immediately got a girl pregnant and so I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, let's add parenting into this kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, damn yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the crazy part about it is that when I was coming across the desert and I was coming here, I went to my dad first and I was like, Dad, if I stay here, I'm going to die. So I got a idea. I met some people in California. I want to go out there and see what I could do and maybe do music. He's at I agree. So we went to a gas station and this is before phones and all that, So we got a highlighter. We got a roadmap and we highlighted my direction there from where I was to hear. And I had a black and purple gill tracker. I had a case of a snapple, had some snapples in like a little cooler. I had a AK forty seven, some cross color clothes and three thousand dollars and that's what I had. And so I came here. Long story short, but you know, like I just promised that. When I was coming across the desert, I was just praying. I was like, you know, I don't know, I don't have a plan. B you know, if this is, if this happens for me, I won't do anything illegal. I promise I won't do any of the things I've been doing. When I got here, it was really hard because I didn't I didn't want to go back on that promise I had made to myself into you know, the forces, and so king T will tell you, man, I was. I did it all. I was CouchSurfing. I was sleeping in the studio, and the studio was in the three sixties. Studio was in Pasadena and it was on top of this Domino's Pizza Uh restaurant, and so during the day it was a it was a business complex, so you couldn't be hanging out outside. So I was sleeping in the studio and a heat from the pizza ovens would come up into the studio and just cook the place right, So I'd be in my underwear with a forty. These niggas didn't buy me no water. They bought king t he know, I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: I got fort There was forties left over from the thing, and they were like room temperature because there was refrigerator in there.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there in my.
Speaker 1: Draw is drunk, you know what I'm saying, sweating, sweating until like six o'clock when they when when the door, when the after business hours I could open the door.
Speaker 2: Did you end up working downstairs? Did you the man?
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm not here to the I'm not here to work at Domino's. Yeah, you know, but I did. I did you know? I did end up you know, like really trying to go.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of three things that I worked at before I got a deal, and the deal came a month before my son was born.
Speaker 2: Like it was just that close, you know. But I worked at UH.
Speaker 1: When I got here, I worked at a place called super Max and Lucky from Uh, Lucky from uh uh uh they that that that hung around soul assassins.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Uh, Me and Lucky worked in that store, you know what I'm saying. And then I worked at UH. I think it was a card detailed shop, but the guy, the guy was it was a front. And once I realized it was a.
Speaker 2: Front, I was like, oh, I can't be here. I don't want to get caught. No.
Speaker 1: I did not even caught. I just I made a promise, and so I made good on that promise. And then I was blessed, you know, so everything happened and divine time coming from all of that, right rough childhood and then traveling and having you know, having three thousand dollars, you know, living in this place and the ovens are burning you up, and then you're making music, you drop a video, you're on the radio, tour pit.
Speaker 2: My ride movies.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: There's something to say about that. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I still feel like I feel like I'm still on my journey, you know, breathing right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm still on my journey. I still have certain things that I need to have in place, just personally for me. Yeah, and and I think I'm on my way to do that. I do want to like write a memoir when I'm done. I already know the title of my book. It's it's gonna be called Can You Take a Punch?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I think there's a lot of things that that people think they know. But if I really broke down how things happen, and you know, the way things have happened, There's been a lot of divine intervention. And I think Moms is up there looking like, oh my God, like get this fool, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I got a call in a favor for this dude, you know, like good Lord, but I mean even to move mouth for this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's moved. She's moved planets for me, you know.
Speaker 1: And I always end up being in the right place at the right time and with with with a lesson, you know, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir man, Yo, this has been This has been great. Thank you all, good man Kingmaker. We got to mind everybody.
Speaker 3: March twenty eighth, Shut your mouth, I felt was a very appropriate song for right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the climate you.
Speaker 3: Know, you talk to me about the comments and everything, and and I just love it for that reason because it's reminding everybody man like, yeah, why you let the bullshit get the best of you?
Speaker 1: Many it seems like everybody's taking everything personal, which is which is? I mean, everybody is entire to their opinion. And I don't get into religion and politics because it's too violent. I stick to gangster rap, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. It's safe, you know.
Speaker 1: And uh, I just think that now we are in a climate where things are happening not by not not by chance, this is this is by design.
Speaker 2: And it feels as.
Speaker 1: Though that we've been primed, certain people have been primed to a point of it's the perfect temperature of ignorance, entitlement, and and misinformation that has brood itself into this new thing that we have. And you know, people are distracted, and people don't want to know the truth. They want to be right, right, And so now we you know, I think that the Internet has a lot to do with people voicing their opinions, whereas before nobody would even hear it. Right, You can form your own opinions, but group thinking is now the norm, right, and so I feel as though, you know, like I can't pick a side, you know what I'm saying. I'm going to, you know, stay with my family and my loved ones and love the people who loved me. And I've never you know, had any kind of issues with anybody from any other race or political kind of affiliation. But now it seems like people lead with that right, and it's difficult to navigate right, right, it's been weaponized, and I feel sad about that part of it. Shut your mouth's definitely you know some you know, it's a fun song. It's a traditional West Coast sound, but the deeper meaning is like, bro, if you don't know, just do yourself a favor and just pipe down, you know, like stop yelling fire in a crowded movie theater, you know, because that's what's happened. A lot of opinions are our other opinions that are just being repeated, Yeah, regurgitated. You don't know what that means. It's like, we gotta get rid of the DS. What does that stand for?
Speaker 2: Right? Do it every day? Intentionally? Like bro? Yeah, and they don't even understand.
Speaker 1: It's like the programs and the things that are they're not attacking, like they're not going after the cartels. The cartels is like, fuck you guys, let's get out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They're going after like grandmas and people's social securities. And you know, I saw a statistic today to say, you know, the savings. You know, we're talking about going after people who live off sixty five dollars a day, right right, And and there's people that have privatized contracts with the federal government that make eight million a day and that's not being looked into the priorities. The mood, everything is shifting. So uh, I want to sit end with this. Well, we can keep going, but I want to end that conversation with this love one another. It takes no effort to be kind. You got to go out of your way to wake up with a grudge every day you got it takes a lot of energy to do that. It's easier to love who loves you. And if you if people tell you who they are, you should listen. And it's okay for them to feel that way, but just know that you can navigate your family away from them. I avoid conflict but if the conflict comes to me, it's gonna get dealt with. And I think that's where kind of I think that's where most of the people who came up in our era feel like, I'm not scared by by no means, you know what I'm saying, Like I watched all my apocalyptic movies. I know what time it is.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, But I feel like I feel like, you know, people people want to people want to see disruption, people want to see you know, things turned upside down. But for the people who really live here and love and love on one another, like this is part of our way to still communicate, you know, when the power goes down, we can still still have the drums. We still got each other, and we still got survival. So let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard fifty say it like, yo, I don't want no problem, but if you want a problem, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah no.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna the hole in your face and it will be done, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, and then there will be no argument, you know, and that'll be that, my kingmaker. Let's go exhibit congratulations. Thank you, thank you very much for for pulling up man. Come on man, all love man, Let's go. I love them, I love the city, I love the culture. Let's go, man.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: Hey Jack get Rich from The Cruse Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe and here auto download so you don't miss an episode. So so