Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly. Time to talk free movies with Chris Woolsey of Visio TV, Visio home of the Visio Watch Free Plus app.
Speaker 3: KFI.
Speaker 4: It's a Later with mo Kelly live on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app. Let's talk some movies, but free movies Visio TV's Watch Free Plus app Movies with Chris Woolsey, Associate director of Communications.
Speaker 3: How you doing, my friend, I am well, and yourself. I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: I'm still recuperating from the Fourth of July weekend that I am. I did a little too much on Friday.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 5: I took my daughter to the Anime Expo down at Q You did, go, I did, and we cause played and everything.
Speaker 3: Did you tell twala I did? I did?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 5: Oh, because he's the he's he's the automa expert around here. Is oh, yeah, I have it up on the way out. Then yes, yep, yep. We had a grand time. But I think I walked twenty five thousand steps or some crazy thing and almost had to get.
Speaker 3: Carried to the car. Not good, No, no, so I feel you. I feel you. We're close in age.
Speaker 4: And I mentioned that because we know good and well, it's the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws, that it is speaking of fourth of July. It's set on the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Yep. But it seems like correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Jaws did not get to benefit the franchise, did not get to benefit by and large from all of the good things which came out of it. In other words, you had this cottage industry of shark movies decades later, yes, but they had nothing to do with Jaws. You had Shark Dado and any other Why do you think that is well?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it was a incredibly original idea, and I think Spielberg was an unbelievably talented I think it was a genius. I think it was lightning in a bottle, and I think he touched on something that was so primal, the fear as absolutely And I remember as a kid, my sisters told me they went to go see Jaws. I couldn't go see it because I was too little, And they came back from the theater and told me that Jaws got into a swimming pool in the movie.
Speaker 3: It was so wrong.
Speaker 5: And of course we had a swimming pool, and so I was terrified the entire summer going into my swimming pool that somehow the logic held that there was going to be a shark getting into my swimming pool.
Speaker 4: So the reason I mentioned that because on the Watch Free Plus app you have Shark attack on Physio's Watch Free Plus app. How did you decide that and what do you think about that given a backdrop of what Jaws did.
Speaker 5: Sure, So we at Visio we love movies, and so we get together at least once a quarter and we just sit down, the marketing team and the geniuses and our programming team and acquisitions, and we all get together and we go, what are we excited about doing next? And we all got together and our programming programming team is just amazing, and we started talking about shark movies and just how much we all love them and there's so much fun, and we were like, well, it's gonna be perfect. It's gonna line up with the summer. We're gonna get every shark movie we can. You know, there's a Shark Week on Discovery and all that, so it makes sense there and we're just gonna pack we have. We have almost fifty shark movies I think on the Shark Attack Hub. I mean we have and we'll talk about some specifics, but ridiculous sand Shark Mountain, Shark, Santa Santa Jaws. I think we have, like it's the most ridiculous list of shark movie Shark Lake with Dolph Lugren, who, by the way, I think.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this before, is a fulbright scholar. He's brilliant. He is he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has like his master's degree in chemical engineers.
Speaker 3: Smartest. That's all I know. This is true. This is true.
Speaker 4: I mention that also because this is around the time of year that we have Comic Con and one of my fondest memories, and I know Towalla will remember this. We had a chance to interview the director of Sharknado one and two, Anthony C.
Speaker 3: Ferarte. Yes, can you.
Speaker 4: Tell me that there's any sharkna Sharknado coming up on physio Watch free TV play.
Speaker 5: We have the Sharknado trifecta at the moment, so we have Sharknato one and then because there were so many unanswered questions, there is Sharknado two and then of course, so we have the entire cannon, as it were, of Sharknado films.
Speaker 3: In Zering at his finest Tara Reid John Hurd.
Speaker 4: Is so strange how that just became a phenomenon, because the whole idea is ridiculous on its face.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but then it just turned into this phenomenon.
Speaker 5: So it has made over four billion dollars with a bee worldwide the franchise ow And the funniest part of this is Steve Guttenberg was apparently offered one of the lead roles when they were casting the film, and he turned it down, saying, this is ridiculous, It's never gonna make any money. And then, of course in Zering bought fourteen vacation homes with the money that he made on this franchise, and then.
Speaker 4: He made more money on this than he did Beverly Hill's nine O two to one. Oh, I'm not mistake. I believe that is correct. I'm not his accountant, but I'm gonna say yes. And then so Steve Guttenberg immediately said yes to the spinoff film Lava Anceola, that the same production entity made. Okay, outside of Shark Nato one two and three. What else do you have coming? I don't want to say it's for Shark Week, but we'll call it Shark Attack.
Speaker 5: It is definitely the Shark Attack Hub. And you can watch the Shark Attack Hub on your Video TV by going to the on demand section for Watch Free Plus, or if you don't have a Visio TV, you can download the free video app and there is a Shark Attack channel that you can watch on your mobile device. But I think this is actually my current favorite shark film outside of Jaws.
Speaker 4: And that is two thousand and three's Open Water. I saw that, Wait a bitte. They did more than one of those, didn't they They did three, so we didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I saw the first one, but I didn't see the other two.
Speaker 5: We have the Trifecta of Open Water as well, based on the true story of Tom and Eileen Lonergan, who were left in shark infested water in the Great Barrier Reef when they're scuba diving crews left without them. Did that company ever get sued? I believe they folded. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: That's usually a company killer, no punish, Yeah, one would one would think, yeah, definitely, it's hard hard to get back in the game after doing something like that.
Speaker 3: Give me one, two, or three more real quick before we go to break. I will give you three more.
Speaker 5: And that is twenty the twenty twenty two franchise bull Shark.
Speaker 3: Now watch your mouth exactly now.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you know this fact, but bull sharks can actually reset their metabolism to live in fresh water.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: And there is a lake in South America, Lake Nicaragua, which is full of bull sharks which occasionally attack people. So the bull Shark franchise posits the question what would happen if bull sharks got into a lake in an America?
Speaker 3: But we know that means people have to die.
Speaker 5: But un fortunately, they catch bull sharks in the Mississippi River all the time. They caught one in Alton, Illinois, a thousand miles.
Speaker 3: From the Gulf of Mexico. That's why I stay my ass out of the water. I don't blame you, not that.
Speaker 4: I would get into the Mississippi River. But if I were to die because of a shark in the Mississippi.
Speaker 5: River, seriously, yeah, you'd be like, I need a judge's ruling off, Like that's not fair.
Speaker 3: I'm not supposed to encounter as shark. I like how you did that Gulf of Mexico there.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we have to talk about your full Throttle Summer on the Watch Free Plus app. You got it and I'm looking at this list. Yeah, I give you. Thank you so I appreciate you. You pay close attention to me. I can tell we'll have more with Chris Woolsey in just a moment of Visio TV. Can if I am six forty live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Kfi A six forty Yes Later with mo Kelly We live on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app. I'm still joined in studio by Chris Woolsey of Visio TV, and we're discussing the latest offerings on the Watch Free Plus app. Last segment, Chris we talked about Shark Attack, where he told us about Shark Nato one two and three, Open Water one two and three and Bull Shark one two and three which are available and free. And now let's talk about Full Throttle Summer on the watch Free Plus app excellent.
Speaker 5: Yes, And you know, so you and I have talked before about the struggles in the theaters trying to get people in the theaters, trying to get enough good movies into the theaters to get people to actually go to physical locations to watch movies.
Speaker 3: And we just thought, well, if people aren't.
Speaker 5: Going to be going to the theaters to see action films, if there aren't enough great action films to attract people, we're going to bring it to watch free Plus so people can watch them for free.
Speaker 3: I can dig it, I can dig it. What's up first? So Full Throttle Summer. It's a great hub.
Speaker 5: There's tons and just like Shark Attack, if you have the mobile, there's a Full Throttle Summer channel, and then you've got the hub for Full Throttle Summer on the on demand experience. I. You know, we obviously have talked about good Sir Bruce Willis many times, and he has, like Nick Cage, he has a whole spectrum of films that a lot of people either missed when they were out or they forgot about. And there's just some hidden gems there are. One of them is the twenty twenty film Breach, which is a sci fi I don't that one.
Speaker 3: It's fun. It's fun.
Speaker 5: It's basically Alien meets Night of the Living Dead. So it's he's on a spaceship, it's traveling, and while there there's a few people that are like in cry or there's a ton of there's like millions of people on this ship that are in cryostasis. And then there's a crew who are actually awake and operating the ship. And a I'm not going to blow it for you, but a presence gets onto the ship.
Speaker 4: That probably an alien presence quite possibly, not definitely, but probably yes.
Speaker 5: And uh, it's starring obviously Bruce Willis, Cody Hurstley from Riverdale who played Moose, Rachel Nichols from A Million Little Things, and it is pretty terrifying. It It has all of the jump scares of the alien films that everybody loves, but also the infection of like a zombie infection. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's I know you got some Nicholas Cage for me, because I think of action, I think of Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 5: Always as well. You should and we do. We've got twenty nineteen running with the Devil. Great cast Nicholas Cage, Laurence Fishburne Colehauser, who I love.
Speaker 3: He's always great.
Speaker 4: He may not be a leading man, but he's great in movies like Pitch Black.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I forgot he was. Oh yes, I'm a cole Houser fan. Yeah. He's a good a hole. He's a really good age He's probably a nice guy in real life. I just don't absolutely, but man, he nails the a hole.
Speaker 5: Barry Pepper, who I think is one of the most underutilized dramatic actors Leslie Bibb from Iron Man. It's about the CEO of a multinational conglomerate played by Barry Pepper sends his two best executives on this wild goose chase that ends up is about why the conglomerates drug supply is getting hijacked. So it ends up this multinational conglomerate is actually running drugs, and Nicholas Cage and Laurence fishburn get out to the middle of nowhere to try to figure out what exactly is going on. And it is super intense, lots of intrigue and espionage and tons of fun action as you'd always expect with young mister Cage.
Speaker 4: Yes, I appreciate young mister Cage more so than older Mystery Cage. Sometimes he just kind of mails it in. Sure, but he's imminently watchable and he's someone I'm always going to watch regardless.
Speaker 5: We always say that he's he's like microwave pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still edible. Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, give me one more.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, oh yes, I put this on specifically for you very much.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: This is a twenty twenty one action flick, A Night of the Ciccario, which is not part of the Ciccario franchise. No, it can be confusing, Yes, and I didn't realize Cacario is the Spanish word for hitman, which I did not. I did and realize even though I had watched both the Saccario films and just never looked that up. So, but it is starring Natasha Henstritch. Very Lovely The Very Lovely from Species, Yes, yes, which I went to go see just before moving after I graduated from college, just before I moved to Los Angeles, and that sealed my desire to work in the entertainment industry, just so I could work.
Speaker 3: Michael Mads He just recently passed.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, yep, Natasha Henstritch, she can come on the show anytime.
Speaker 3: Okay, well not you, but she can't, right absolutely.
Speaker 5: Manny Perez is in it costas Mandelor from the Saw franchise, But it's really good. It's a police officer has to hide a young girl in witness relocation or witness protection because she's going to testify against a big drug lord. And then of course the drug lord sends every assassin known to man to try to kill this little girl.
Speaker 3: It's a story which may ring familiar, but it's still told well absolutely, yep. Very fun.
Speaker 4: Now, how many movies did you have to maybe sift through to narrow it down to these that you wanted to feature on the Watch Free Plus app?
Speaker 3: Quite a few.
Speaker 5: But the fun thing about Full Throttle Summer is they drop new movies every week. Every Friday, that's key. There are two fresh movies thrown into the mix. So even if you go and you don't see anything that you're super excited about, check back on Friday because boom, there's two more blockbusters that we're going to drop.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about the Watch Free Plus app on Video TV and for those who don't know, we always need to reset it so they know how they can find it, where it is.
Speaker 3: Is it something they download all the particulars exactly.
Speaker 5: So if you have a video TV, it's already pre installed. You just turn it on. They're on the home screen, click on the watch Free plus icon and it'll open the app up for you.
Speaker 3: You can start watching immediately.
Speaker 5: There's tens of thousands of free TV shows and movies on there. If you don't have a video TV, it's not a problem. You just go to your favorite app store, download the free video app, sign up for a free video account, go in and there are over three hundred free streaming channels, each one built around a different genre or subject matter. And there are tens of thousands of free titles on there.
Speaker 4: And we love some free, I mean seriously, and sometimes we take for granted how much good stuff is out there but available for free, and just don't need to just pay for things unnecessarily.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely, you can have a couple of subscriptions, but of course utilize the free. The free is there for you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: We need to get this on Mark Ronner's TV, if only because he is our in house reviewer.
Speaker 6: Of both movies and also platforms. So you got my attention with the what the space Zombie one breach? Yeah, yes, I gotta see that. See very fun. Highly recommended. Chris Wolsey, How can people find you?
Speaker 3: Real quick?
Speaker 5: I am on several of the social media's id g h A y zos on Twitter, I'm Chris Wolsey on Facebook, Instagram, I think I'm cs Wolsey. Yeah, hit me up and of course Visio and watch Free. Plus we've got handles all over the place so you can find us and yeah, hit me up.
Speaker 3: I need more friends.
Speaker 4: I'm going to hit you up and hopefully we'll get to see you in maybe two weeks.
Speaker 5: You will, as a matter of fact, just before I head out for my European vacation.
Speaker 3: Oh where you going? Real quick?
Speaker 5: We're going to Paris, We're going to Bruges, We're going to Amsterdam, and then we are going to Spain to the countryside. My sister, sainted sister and her beautiful husband have a little house out in the middle of Spain.
Speaker 3: And when you're going to.
Speaker 4: Do nothing, all right, excited, Well, please take some pictures for us.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 4: It's late with mochel can if I Am Says forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty