Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the Thunderbuddies podcast.
Speaker 2: We have not started this podcast like eight times already, and today we're gonna talk about a few different topics that you're will be interested in because there's nobody doing this because we are the war Thunder podcast. So welcome in, hope you have it a fantastic day, and we're gonna start off talking missiles because, as everybody.
Speaker 1: Knows, the missile notes. And I'm joined by Gail.
Speaker 2: Who is obsessed with air RBO, who has gotten Well wait, you actually said you have not picked up the plane that just released the newest F sixteen, right, you said you have.
Speaker 3: Picked it up? I mean, yeah, I have as a rental, but yeah, I don't own it own it yet.
Speaker 2: But yeah, how dare you not give the Snail all your money?
Speaker 3: I did? Actually I just spent a shit to load of money on this new these new bundles that just came out this week. But you know, other than that, I give the Snail my life, so I don't give them any money. That's just not how that works.
Speaker 2: So yeah, proper shilling. You got that in the first two minutes. Welcome in, But missiles in the game right now, and obviously since we're starting this show talking about high tier jets, for those who are new to the show, don't worry, We're gonna cover all.
Speaker 1: Topics, even navel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna force you all to listen to my naval stories because I love blue water. But best in the game, you know, and obviously this rotates, so we're gonna be doing this. Is the meta based on when we're talking about this right now, starting of April twenty twenty six, what is the best?
Speaker 1: Because you we've had times with the F.
Speaker 2: Fourteen Iranian jet came out, well, the Iranian F fourteen Phoenix missiles where the you know, the shit and then they got nerve to a degree. A one twenties have always been like a big deal. What's the best? Right now, Gail, tell.
Speaker 3: The people what's the best? Top tier? Yeah, man, I would say it completely. It completely depends on your play style, but I'd said easily the best would have to be the Eurofighter Typhoons easily, the SU thirty, especially in the new SM two s U thirty that just came out. I mean just the abound, the sheer amount of missiles and your BVR capability across the board of top tier. But I mean it really depends. If you're a guy that likes to fly the deck, you like to fly through the valleys, then I mean maybe a super one it would be more your way. But I would say the meta and nowadays is probably the Eurofighter typhoon, the Russian SU thirties.
Speaker 2: The chat that I asked this man what's the best missile and he starts listing jets, So, you know, love it.
Speaker 1: It's a great podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean your segues into that. You know, now we talk about you know, it's not just the missile, is the plane that's attached to you know, so it's like yeah, yeah, So like I love.
Speaker 2: That you mentioned play style because when I do play air RB, which anybody who watches my stream, it's not terrible if I maybe do it here and there, but I'm I'm definitely one that I'm taking the F sixteen, the F fifteen to the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, But obviously that's gonna limit your radar. It's gonna depending on what map.
Speaker 3: Arguably the worst way to do that within fifteen, But you know it's teach the teachad the best missile in the game easily right now, I would say it's got to be the r seventy seven and one. It's got to be the Meca easily the best. I mean, the Meca with within you know, twenty kilometers fifteen kilometers is essentially unavoidable unless you have someone that really knows what they're doing and really puts into a notch immediately. But that thing comes hot fast. You don't see it coming, I mean. And then the seventy seven to one, I mean, it's you can say what you want about Russian pias, but the seventy seven one is just nasty, especially at that sort of similar range. But if you get it in on that SU thirty platform and you get up to thirty thousand feet go and mock one three, you send that thing out, it's gonna fly out there, you know, and you know, and there's other goofy ones down there you have, like the you know, the Derby's and stuff that are good in the decent at a close range. In one twenty b's pretty decent out of mid range too, But yeah, it's it definitely depends on your play style, and your play style is also going to dictate what plane you went, which is why I went into the planes, and I mean, and not every plane could take every missile, so it really depends on each player. Everyone's gonna feel one way or the other, but it's it could be. It could be either way.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you say that style of missile obviously the plane matters, but that actually is a great kind of like segue back to one of the planes I mentioned earlier when the Rainy and F fourteen came out and we had that physic uh physics that Phoenix missile run that a lot of people were.
Speaker 1: Jumping on to.
Speaker 2: It is because they were all going high and launching it from like thirty miles out. Yeah, and it was insta killing everybody. And that's similar to performance to Ordgina.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not as bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to make the argument the missiles we're talking about are op or need to be nerved, but it's that similar style that's working really well right now in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's what it is, is just because you know, in real life, that is the combat style in the modern age, it's all the BVR, the beyond visual range you I mean, everything nowadays, especially especially nowadays twenty twenty six. You know, it's everything is stealth and if you don't have a stealth aircraft, you don't survive. And it's just how it is.
Speaker 2: And you say that, and yet Guiden made the F one one seven and it.
Speaker 3: Is oh yeah, well what's what's This is why I say Fifth Gen shouldn't come to the game yet, because I agree it's like Guidsian's like, how do we how do we model stealth in this game? Oh, it's add this plane that looks like it's stealth. Let's add like a simple if then statement if it's within five miles so you can see it. If not, yeah, your radar doesn't see it. Oh is the bombay open?
Speaker 1: There's two?
Speaker 3: There's two iift in statements there. But you know, well, yeah, that's just kind of the model. That's what it's gonna be for the rest of worth. On their top tier RB, it's going to be BVR. It's going to be who has the best radar, who has the best radar sweep, and who has the best missile they can fire from the farthest that tracks the longest, burns, the longest might burn you know, smokeless, whatever whatever benefit that you can have to fire farther. Hold it better and put yourself in a notch while it's getting there. And that's why the Iranian tom Cat, like you said, is so good, or it's still very good and still good.
Speaker 2: To be clear, I hope nobody heard what I'm saying, as if I'm saying the F fourteen is not worth flying now. It absolutely is an arguably irany One's still the best four team in the.
Speaker 3: Game, not even arguably easily. Yeah, I would argue.
Speaker 2: More making the point that it's not, you know, ridiculously op like it was when it launched.
Speaker 3: I would argue, yeah, that the I would argue that the F fourteen A and B. I mean, in this modern climate, especially this winter, the Su thirty premiums came out the I mean, the MKK for the for China's insane, it's thirteen three. The Russian SU thirty premium it's also thirteen three. And if you're playing twelve seven, if you're playing thirteen zero, you're getting up tiered pretty much every single game, and you're gonna be facing those planes have ten missiles, they have better Fox threes, they have better radar, they have better performance, they have IRCCM Fox twos, they have all these things they have. I mean, they have nearly hypersonic Fox ones. They'll hit you going Mock six at twenty five miles. You know, it's so nowadays, I would say the F fourteen's it's glory days are passed. You know. Back when it came out in twenty twenty two, whenever it came out, it was good. But nowadays, if you're gonna apply a Tomcat, the Iranian is probably the only way to go. Because I fly a every pretty much every single stream. If I ever have a bad couple of games, I just go hot myself in the Persian Cat. You get yourself up mock one twenty thousand feet, you send those puppies out at thirty five miles, You're you're ten miles beyond most effective range of other Fox ones, and it's gonna find them, you know, and even though you don't have a good radar, it's probably gonna find them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's that's a good point, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, even when I fly F sixteens, you can know that knows the difference and just the armament that you can roll out with which missiles you have between the c's and the a's. Yeah, So something that considers in terms of best missiles. I like your choices. Obviously, I'm not going to debate you on them. Because I'm not the biggest RRB player. I do it enough because I love collecting the planes. That's the type of war Thunder player I am. I'm there because.
Speaker 1: I'm a nerd. I'm an old dad and I'll I think it's cool. That's why I want to get the things.
Speaker 3: So he's making model planes, well, he's playing.
Speaker 1: He's got the first.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have Lego planes from Kobe out in Poland.
Speaker 3: These period a little vinyl stickers off. He's dipping them in the water.
Speaker 1: Seventeen right up there.
Speaker 2: And I got an F fourteen from a top gun. But yeah, for those who haven't met us before, my name's Revdues. I'm a Tier three guy and your partner with war Thunder. I've also partnered with them with other things before. The main thing I do in stream on Twitch is war Thunder, and I've been playing war Thunder.
Speaker 1: For I mean, honestly since it came out. I'm one of the people who.
Speaker 2: Loves to rock the old Guard tag in war Thunder because that's the one you have to have been playing the game before twenty thirteen to earn so I'm very proud of it. But I've also been basically a filthy casual the entire time. I didn't decide to start streaming war Thunder as part of my content until a little over a year ago, besides just kind of doing it randomly. And then I, you know, talk to Seb. Yep, shout Seb, and I think I'm the only person that calls him Seb.
Speaker 1: So guess what for me? You do that now, but you used to, yeah, shout Seb and decide to added in.
Speaker 2: And I've had a great time just getting to know more of the community and meeting so many more of the war th Under folks and helping new people find the game, because I think what impresses me about war th Under it and even to a degree guide in as a company, is this game is as old as it is, and yet it keeps bringing in newer people and the population has been growing year in and year out for the you know, for several years now, which is just so much fun, you know, just to get to meet people in the different types of streamers and content creators. And I guess if you're out there, you enjoy the these sports.
Speaker 1: I guess I gotta shot them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they exist too anyway, That's me and then Gail another Tier three shield, I mean partner.
Speaker 1: I can tell them about you.
Speaker 3: Howdy. I'm not gonna go TV. I've been I've been making mostly warth Under content my whole twitch career. I did start to streaming years before, but mostly ninety worth my streaming career has been more war th Under. I stream every week. We just went full time streaming a few months ago. But yeah, I mostly play warth Under, mostly play air, but we ran out planes, so now we're playing tanks. And yeah, I'm I like to just meet new people and go out there and talk about worth on there and try to avoid all the other normal warth on their topics that most people you know, beat around. They everyone circles around the same topics of Russian bias or or pay to win. It's real, But like, you know.
Speaker 2: I like, at what point do we stop complaining about something that's been here for fishing exactly?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just accept it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and soccer, the company from Eastern Europe makes a Russian bias game, Oh my gosh, and I in our western paradigm.
Speaker 3: I mostly I've mostly streamed my entire career other than some shorts on the side, you know, but I've wanted to get into some long form stuff. So I'm like, what's you know, I don't want to just go out there and make a video, because there's guys who are always gonna make gameplay videos better than me, you know, like shout Out Spooks and and Odd and Fly. You know, those guys are the the ogs, you know. Like I don't want to be one more guy doing that. So I'm like, what's something we could do? Well? I know I can do. My professional job is sitting here and yapping all the time. And the Rev Deuce is the only person that I know that would yap better than me, and I sort of like his face, so together, I think we could yap together. And I'm like, you know what. And I also, you know, recently last year, made a big networking team for a bunch of other content creators to meet each other and stuff like that. And I always like collaborating with other content creators, and I'm like, well, you know, let's just do a podcast where we just talk about war Thunder, we talk about you know, content creating, we talk about life on the internet, we talk about this, we talk about guidget we talk about anything we want. And then you know, maybe every now and then we bring in a big other warth onder guest. You know, we bring in these big guys where we bring in some small guys you've never heard of, or you know, we we just we just sit here and we talk about war thunder. And if you guys are grinding a way right now, if you if you found this YouTube video and you know, or this whatever whatever platform you find it on, and you're like, I need something to listen to because I can't find a Netflix video to watch right now, or nobody, I you know, nobody's got a video up today, and I want to listen to something while I grind out some planes or I will grind out a tank or you know. Then here we are, so we're here to yap. You can look at us if you want, or you can just put us in the background and listen. And yeah, that's kind of what I'm gonna correct.
Speaker 1: Girl. You should be doing that before us, before Netflix US.
Speaker 2: Before YouTube US, before your significant Oh well, if they.
Speaker 3: Don't know about this, dude, if they don't know ye dude, if it's the first time, now you know this is the show with the energy.
Speaker 2: Just but for what we are going to try to give y'all. So, even though we're partnered with guys and we do want to be clear that this is a player centric podcast, this is gonna be something like every time we put on an episode.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, guess what they're selling today.
Speaker 2: That isn't also to say from the opposite, We're not gonna be like, don't support Guiden.
Speaker 1: You know, we want you to find what's fun.
Speaker 2: One thing that I have to say in my community is ignore fomo fear of missing out and have fun. All these games today that come out, these free to play models, we can we can debate the finer nuances of gaming and oh I wish it was some perstription model. Oh I wish it was triple a single buys. All those are fair arguments. Our point here is going to be can we help people have more fun in war th Under?
Speaker 1: And the truth is that you and I noticed there's nobody doing this. There's nobody talking.
Speaker 2: About what Guidin's doing with warth Under or any of their other games. There's nobody even really talking about any games in this genre.
Speaker 3: Like yes, and it's just yeah, I can't find any people who want this. I can't find any podcasts. Maybe a few years ago there was a guy who did a few podcasts, but I, you know, and I really not found anything. And another good thing. You bring that up Guidian and their other you know, there are other projects. We are both guide To partners, and I don't know about rev but I've been an enlisted partner before. I've put a lot of hours into Cuisine Rail it's called Cursed now. I think I played star Wrath recently, I've played Crossout, so like yeah, so like it's star Wrath.
Speaker 1: I'm actually kind of excited about our.
Speaker 3: Wrath is actually pretty good. To be honest, I have.
Speaker 1: To shill her promo. Yeah, I actually really enjoy start right where it can become.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: Keeping in mind what.
Speaker 2: It's going to have to compete with, like the Star Citizens and releases and stuff like that, Starrath actually has a lot of potential and I'm excited about it.
Speaker 3: That's fair, And I think I think what's the what Guidgin has in their corner is that they're very good at putting out a product that arguably is damn good, and most of the time it's free or less than thirty dollars, so it's very easy for them to compete, and it tends to run pretty good on lower end platforms, So.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest one for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like so many of my friends I get like, oh, you're a streamer, you have a stream PC. Sure, but then you have everybody else who wants to play, and you need to know that there's a game like warth Under that you can literally just play on your Xbox or just have a run of the mill PC from five years ago. Sure, I'm not saying you're going to play on Ultra and be in the cockpit of your you know, F eighteen living life, you know, going full virtual reality, which you can play the game and have fun with your friends.
Speaker 1: And that's what warth Under gives you. And there's a lot of flaws to be clear for you by listening.
Speaker 2: We're not trying to, you know, sugarcoat the fact that warth Under has problems help. Just the month that we made this podcast, for the first episode, we had to get a comp a free premium because of Adidas attack. So it's definitely not a perfect game, but there's obviously hundreds of thousands people who love it and we want to help people love it more and when needed call it out if it needs to get called out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. Yeah, I mean, at the end of the day, people I think, think the people who are worth on their partners, oh guidgin nice talk or promotion, and at the end of the day, complete transparency. We sign no agreement other than we don't personally attack them like mission.
Speaker 2: Agreement says that we want to tack them and that well, it doesn't actually say that we have to be transparent, but I prefer to be transparent. Y'all know how much I've ever made from being a partner with Guigen.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you it's about six hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Not much, yeah, pretty much, just being honest all over a year of having their discount code and everything and having hundreds of people do transactions because the fine print on that And this isn't me complaining, it's just you know, it's a small percentage of net profits, not gro sales.
Speaker 1: So we're we're not doing this for the money.
Speaker 2: We're doing because we're truly passionate about the community, and we enjoy the game, and if y'all are ever curious, I have no problem being transparent about that. And Gal's the same way, like we'll tell you what we're doing. I mean, hell, Gal's not even promoting his link because they still haven't given him in his icon.
Speaker 3: I started promoting it this week to be fair because people kept asking my Decaal's not in game yet, but it is coming very soon. I've been told it's on the work order. No idea what that means. It's been three months, so I don't know how long their work order is. I think infantry's getting made before I'm getting made. But you know, I made eleven dollars, so you know that's go.
Speaker 2: And hey, if anybody out there doesn't want to just support a shi'll mine has a deco. But I love this to bitch ground there because I'm very interested in this and I've heard so many different opinions and I don't think is the wrong answer. And one thing I would tell everybody who plays warth Under, any guiding game or honestly, any game, don't take what we're about to say as the truth.
Speaker 1: Please try it for yourself.
Speaker 2: Everything one thing wrong in the world today is everybody will go read like an article on Giant Robot or screen ran about a TV show or a game IgM like, well they said it sucks, so it sucks. Go try it for yourself. And that's the first thing I'm going to say about the ground Beta. The second thing I'm gonna say is it really depends on what your ex Yeah, Infantry, Yeah, what are your expectations?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you expecting it to be as in depth and as amazing as a Battlefield six or are you expecting what I personally my expectations with war th Under are. And I actually talk to you about this. I like war th Under because it's an all in one? Is warth Under truly the best? Say navel, silm tank, silm air sim Some people might argue yes on one of those categories, but one thing warth Under does have is an all in one package. With that paradigm in mind, I really like what I've seen from Infangery so far, but I'm also not expecting it to be Battlefield no.
Speaker 1: Does that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should never expect it to be Battlefield six. Yeah. Guidgen is a professional at making things very in depth. They make a good grind out of it, but it will never be the best of what it's supposed to be. And that's because and I don't think they even try to be that. They don't own that. You know, if you ever see a warth Under advertisement or you see warth Under promotional anything, they always just brag about how much there is to the game and how in depth it is. They don't claim to be the best simulator, they don't claim to be this or that, or have the best physics. They just claim to keep you entertained or in at least trapped for as long as they can, I think, put it a good product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're limited by the same thing everybody who does a free to play model is, which is they have to leave themselves room to sell something later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, so there has to be a progression.
Speaker 2: And you actually see this almost as a negative right now in warth On, because you look around and going or can we go with jets beside going fifth generation, which we've already agreed so far, they don't really know what to do with that, you know, So there has to be that level of upward mobility, even if it's something as silly as you start with an M sixteen, you work your way to an M four type of thing.
Speaker 1: There has to be that. But because of that structure exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes it more difficult to make the perfect game type deal, right, and even the way you approach it, maybe they're not trying to make the perfect game, but they want to make a really good game that you'll enjoy, that they can continually add to five years from now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's completely Yeah, I agree. And I would say this Infantry beta that they came out with, you know, on the day that we record this was it was this last week. It was I mean, it was a huge improvement to the last and especially as a guy who played a lot of Enlisted and played Active Matter, you know, both of their most recent first person shooter games, you know, it really did do things that they've never really done before as a guide you in you know, Infantry game, and that's and it's kind of a impressive.
Speaker 2: Highlight that point you just said, because I don't want people to think that this is just Enlisted poorted into war Thunder and no, not anymore guid If you listen to this, this isn't me trying to like trash on Matter or listen I'm not. I'm just saying this is not just something that's been poorted into war Thunder. You can tell that the physics are better. I know, we talked about physics not being the best, but the physics of the infantry mode have absolutely progressed during the BA and I think as a concept, while they're similar to Enlisted.
Speaker 1: It's its own thing.
Speaker 2: It feels like its own natural development, which I really like.
Speaker 1: And again trying to say it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, yeah, yeah, I would say. You know, back on Christmas Eve when they ran the first close beta test, it felt like Enlisted. It felt like Enlisted, but maybe with active matters, you know, movement system and gunplay poorted in the war Thunder, and I was not excited for it. I spent months. Anytime somebody asked me, I thought, yea, when.
Speaker 1: It first happened, and you were just kind of almost apathetic, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if yeah it's and I don't. Yeah, it felt like it definitely felt like Enlisted brought over, and I wasn't excited for it, and I was preaching for months that they should get rid of the bots. First of all, everyone's complaining is the bots No one wants to fight bots in twenty twenty six, you know, unless the server is not full. But no one wants five bots following every player around, standing in a corner and using them for spawn beacons essentially, is what it was, you know, And that's all that's just Enlisted in that show. Another issue with Enlisted was the vehicle came play and which was nice, was about the infantry mode. It definitely handles exactly like you're worth on their vehicles handle, which is really nice, really nice because it feels like a natural.
Speaker 1: Addition of war th Under. Yeah, if you were to play an Abrams in just.
Speaker 2: Say ground realism, yeah, you're gonna have a very similar experience in infantry right in terms of how the mechanics feel to you.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be like ground sim if you ever played ground sim before, That's exactly what it's gonna feel like. You're stuck to your.
Speaker 1: Commanders, everybody. But at the same time, it's a nice balance.
Speaker 2: I was talking to another one of our Only Snails people, that's the stream team over on Twitch. It was Bunny, and we were talking about, you know what infantry looks like now versus Nike armor reforged because it's not trying to be armor either, but in terms of like you having a gunner spot, a captains or commander spot, that would be more similar to Arma, but it has the mechanical feel of war Thunder, So yeah, you're not going full in the deep end of pure ultra realism, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's yeah. And another thing that was huge was the player count because it's like, you know, war Thunder natively is sixteen v sixteen on pretty much all the modes, and you know, sixteen v sixteen, bro, if you look back at infantry games, sixteen v. Sixteen hasn't really been a thing since the old GIN consoles, the old old GIN, like like the Xbox three sixty days were like twelve to twelve, you know. So like I was preaching age.
Speaker 2: I remember when thirty two Verse thirty two came out with Battlefield and that was huge.
Speaker 3: Oh she has monumental life. Yeah, And so I was like, they need to get rid of the bots and increase player account. I've been saying, honestly, they should get rid of the vehicles and really hammer home the gunplay for the first year, and once the gunplay gets really really smooth, then start bringing the vehicles in. But they did something which I didn't expect, and they've limited how many vehicles your team can spawn at one time, which is kind of unique and it's not something we've really seen that much and worth on there before, and it is kind of that.
Speaker 2: That's part why I brought up the battlefield common yeah, earlier, very battle second.
Speaker 1: Because that's how it is there to try to give them the balance exactly.
Speaker 2: And you've also got to think how many spots of that sixteen verse sixteen does each.
Speaker 1: Vehicle take up exactly? Yeah, and I do like that.
Speaker 3: But now, yeah, so now if you guys didn't see this new infantry test, they came out with no bots unless your team's not full. But it's not giving you bot squads. It's just filling your squads with you know, bought players if they can't get enough. But I'm sure when it comes out there's almost two hundred thousand people that play this game, you know it's gonna fill it's gonna fill up your team. You know, at the moment close beta testers less players. It's been adding some bots, but they got rid of the bots. They made it sixty four for sixty four now. So now it's one hundred and twenty eight players per game, which is unheard of of any guideon game I've ever played.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of GUIDs and I've never seen them do.
Speaker 3: And they limited the vehicles, which was really cool.
Speaker 2: I'll go as far as to say, I'm curious to see if it sustains or if they walk back to like thirty two.
Speaker 1: Thirty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sixty not that I'm twenty eight is huge.
Speaker 1: But I will say one thing.
Speaker 2: We did just brag about war th Under being so good with almost any device you see Xbox, Yeah, the sixty four verse sixty four will be a problem for low end devices. I would they get really really good at optimizing war th Under, which they could, to be clear, but that will be something they have.
Speaker 3: I've heard. Yeah, I've heard a lot of my streamer friends had issue running running it on high end. So yeah, I'm sure they're optimize it. It's a brand new map, it's a brand new amount of players. It's it's gonna take them a while, and hopefully hopefully we don't see infantry until like Christmas. That's my my hope is they take another nine months and they do three more tests every two or three months, and then they really come out with a really good product and they just kind of they just sort of gatekeep it from us just a little bit more and more every month. That would be really nice, but who knows.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm curious.
Speaker 2: We'd have to talk to game design to see where they feel like they're aut on that in terms of because usually once you reach the beta phase that they're in now, you're probably under a year for sure, sometimes as early as you know, three to six months from an actual release. I personally, especially coinciding with what they typically do historically with sales, I would actually put my prediction, which could very well be wrong, anywhere between May and July, to either hit the sale that happens in May usually or the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Maybe the fourth of July in particular could be very.
Speaker 2: Big for them because it's just, yeah, so state the obvious, this game's trying to make money. That would be a huge money making weekend if Infantry dropped coinciding with fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Yeah, My only concern with time frame is I believe I quote me if I'm wrong, but I sorry, you know, correct me if I'm wrong, But no quote them too. Quote if I'm qualified. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, I remember twenty seven minutes of this podcast was talking shit.
Speaker 3: They I'm I'm fairly certain. The devs did say on stream that it's not going to be modern when it comes out. It's supposed to be like it's supposed to pick Up or Enlisted is right now, which is about Korea into the Cold War. So you know, they've only shown us modern stuff. So I don't really know how much they've done in the back end. You know, I don't know if they have all that stuff ready to go or you know, I don't know for I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tree was it to start exactly how twenty twenty five April Fools was, which.
Speaker 3: Was World War One. That'd be awesome. I would love that'd cat fives. That'd be so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, that's what I want.
Speaker 3: I I yeah, I I would prefer if they am because this is going to kill Enlisted. This is the end of Enlisted, and Listen is dead. I think if you're spending money and Enlisted in twenty twenty six, maybe rethink your finances. That game is going to die. This is going to be the death.
Speaker 1: It's a really bad shilling for guiding. Right now, this is this.
Speaker 3: Is going to be the death of enlisted And I think what they should do is anyone who spent money and listened to anyone who has game time enlisted, bring that over in the War Thunder. Put World War Two in the War Thunder. Give people their premium squads if they bought premium squads, or give them compensation in the War Thunder if they spent x amount of money and then lit and just bring World War two. And everyone loves World War two shooters. Every other vehicle, every other branch in War Thunder starts at World War Two. Just let us start at World War two and go from there. I don't think anyone is dying to have a new modern shooter. Every single game in twenty twenty six it comes out seems to be a modern first person shooter, and like.
Speaker 2: If there's one lesson, Hopefully things like Call of Duty and Battlefield taught people over the past fifteen years because all of them tried to do a modern run and all of them to a degree failed. Now I'm sure there's somebody who comments on the YouTube or messages later after listening to on iHeartRadio or something like.
Speaker 1: Hey, they sold five million copies. It was actually a success. Cool.
Speaker 2: Whatever point is, what did they do? They went back to old timing. Yep, right, they almost always go back. There's clamor now for people bring back Medal of Honor because everybody wants to go back to World War two and stuff.
Speaker 1: Not saying that modern can't work.
Speaker 2: I would actually argue Battlefield six has shown that it can work, even though Battlefield six i'd call semi modern because Battlefield six certainly has not adapted to the level of drone play that is in modern warfare today and all that other stuff. But just that to your point, people clamor for World War one, world War two, to a degree, even the Korean Vietnam era. Yeah, and I would love to see that represented. I'll be honest, Guijen. If you release it and it's you have those aspects beyond just modern.
Speaker 1: Not that I won't say it won't.
Speaker 2: Be enjoyable, but I probably will never play modern. If you give me the option to be in trench warfare in World War One or you know, being a tank chaser world War two, I'm probably gonna stick to let's just call it what be what would be the match for ground.
Speaker 1: Let's just call it three point oh br I will just live there. I'll never leave.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I think the issue with modern stuff, and I'm really concerned about how Guidgen is handling their infantry is they're already bringing in all that kind of stuff you're seeing in modern wars happening right now with the drones and all this stuff. And it's like, why.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks they can do it right, right, We're the ones who are going to get it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they will. I think it's overset the parade.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll see. Like I said in the very beginning of the show, you know, judge for yourself. Please don't just take what me and Gail are saying as gospel. Yeah, but for me, as somebody who gives the money, who pays for things, who plays the game for over a decade, I won World War One and worl War two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love World War two in the Cold War, like the eighties at most would be cool because I think that's where warth Under, in my opinion, stopped being perfectly balanced. Not perfectly balanced, but well balanced. I think if you're thinking of like the ground trees, I would say nine nine oh to nine seven kind of whereas where warth Unders started to really drop in people getting irritated with the game mechanics, And same for Air. It's about that same area. I would say air about eleven oh to eleven seven's really will you start losing a lot of your sense of balance? And I think they could stick with infantry in that same area and do well because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love so much of that stuff. But kind of like you're saying, like, do I enjoy the thaight ud? No?
Speaker 1: But I have it. Yeah, I can play it to people.
Speaker 2: Won't like if my stream won'ts too, But is it enjoyable compared to the first time you take out a Tiger one? Right, it just doesn't have that level of feel and balance and gravitas, right because you get up into thirteen oh, whether it's air or ground, and something that you know in the quote unquote real world, which would never win in this fight, is one shotting you gets real tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, when everyone's run around at forty five miles per hour with a laser range finder, the auto adjust your site and they have a dart that pins six hundred millimeters. Yeah, you're just pretty much done. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: AA's and SPGs, one shot your barrel, all these things happening that wouldn't actually and.
Speaker 3: That and that brings me into my final concern about infantry, and that is the inherent issues with Guidgen and their servers. And if you've ever played a first person shooter before I, I mean, that's pretty much anything I would ever play until I got Heavy and the warth Under. You know, first been shooters were my thing and the thing you noticed the first. When it comes to a new game, especially like on launch day, launch week, launch weekend, whatever, if you are getting killed from around corners that you know you're not speaking anymore, that is gonna make the game feel terrible, and Guidgen is really bad about that. The net code, the latency in Guidance servers late now nowadays, especially the last six months to a year, has been worse than I think I've ever seen it before. And that is gonna be so exaggerated when it comes to infantry, and I'm really concerned about what that's gonna do to the game mode, especially since they're upping the player count times four, you know, so like, how are they gonna do Are they gonna do that? How they gonna combat that?
Speaker 1: Possible?
Speaker 2: They they could segment it and you know, have the bandwidth dedicated to that. But for example, and again this is anecdotal, I don't have numbers. We can talk to the devs and maybe I'll share this, But like, I run into paying and latency issues.
Speaker 1: Far more in naval than I do ground.
Speaker 2: And my logic that I assume is, well, they have less people doing blue water, so we want to make sure we divert more resources to something they are doing more of, which is like high tier air. That's the least amount of drops that I ever get. And I'm not saying I don't get them because aybody plays war Thunder says it's never crashed on them, doesn't play war Hune. They're playing something else, right, Yeah, they just are. It crashes for all of us sometimes. But I get far less of that if I'm like in like I said, an F sixteen C than if I'm in my uss Iowa, Yeah, which will like, Oh, I've been shooting the same boat for three minutes. Oh never mind, you weren't shooting anything.
Speaker 1: Disconnect. Oh and here's a five minute penalty because you quit the match. I didn't quit shit, Guijen, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And that's that's been the rumor lately because ever since they announced Infantry back in November, December or whatever it was, and they came out with the fors CBT, people have noticed that the servers were really bad, and people notice that there weren't a lot of big changes being made of the game, and everyone's been the rumor mill has been that they're their diverting resources to new server infrastructure or for these tests, because they're running a lot of these tests behind the scenes. You know, I've heard of people that have access that even me and you haven't got access to, and they can make YouTube videos and stuff on it. It's like, you know, and it seems like maybe they're restructuring their whole server infrastructure to start focusing on these more high end, higher capacity servers for Infantry, and you know, and maybe, and you know, and you know, and I really hope, because you know, let's be real, If Infantry doesn't take off, where's worth under In two years, it's out of vehicles, it's out of notable updates, and it's probably gonna start dropping a lot of player counts. It'll never die. You can't take one of the top ten fifteen played games in the world and make it die just because you know, you run out of vehicles. It's not it's gonna take years because some people are never going to have those new vehicles for another ten years, you know. But you know, if we need kind of infantry to take off, and you know, streamers have been saying lately that maybe that's not the kind of player base they want in their favorite game. They don't really want those first person shooter people coming over. But at the end of the day, we kind of need it to be good. And I really hope that Guidgen you know, takes it. They take their time, they take their time, they make the right changes, and they make it really good because it could take worth under into a you know, at most five more year live span to another ten year lifespan, you know, because people are going to come in people have never played a vehicle combat sim before. They might come in to play infantry and they're like, Hey, I want to go work on this tank because I don't have that tank. I kind of want that tank. And then they start working on the ground trees, they start working on the air trees, the helicopter trees, and all of a sudden you have, you know, five million more people that are that are just in the vehicle combat sims that just play worth them there all the time. So you know, hopeful it's really good and hopefully it does well. But I guess well, we'll just have to wait and see and we'll be here to yap about it as it keeps coming.
Speaker 2: So if you're a chatter of streams in terms you enjoy Twitch, or if you just enjoy YouTube, or you just enjoyed listening to podcasts, let's know what you think.
Speaker 1: The contact us directly.
Speaker 2: All of our information is in the details, because well we're nice and we give you the information that you can contact us. And we just will say thank you for watching the first episode of the Thunderbuddies podcast and listening, and we'll have more of these coming soon.
Speaker 1: So you gotta pay attention.
Speaker 2: And hit the subscribe button and the like button, hit the follow button, hit the RSS feed, whatever it is, because if you miss something, that's your fault, damn it not ours.
Speaker 1: We're perfect and we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: If you have any concerns, yep, feel free to hit us up. I know me and Rev are both online all the time. He's pointing at me. Hit me up. I guess if you have any questions concerns about anything we said.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I'll answer faster than Gail competition. All right, so you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate y'all, Thank y'all, and y'all go be great. Unlike the AM seven B it sucks, y'all gonna be great
Speaker 3: Okay, m m mmmmmmmmm hmm