Speaker 1: The Dodgers are one win away from the World Series and a man that knows about winning. He is the best third base coach in baseball. He is a big part of the Dodgers' success this season. And that is the great Italian American that resides in Rancho Cucamonga, the one and only Dinu Ebel Dino.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 3: Time always, Dave, Thanks for having me on. Love talking baseball with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, I had a caller from Rancho Cucamonga last night and I said, if the Dodgers win the World Series, there better be a parade in Rancho Cucamonga for you.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: That's that's good stuff there.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's a bunch of sports people that live in Rancho. They follow the Dodgers and Angels so good. I'm glad a caller got on your show and talked a little.
Speaker 2: Ball with you.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: I know the players are having a great time. Winning is fun and contagious, but from your standpoint, are you allowed to enjoy all this so far?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I mean, we get to the park here, you know, every day early and waiting for the guys to come out now to do their early work. So the players are playing good right now. It's good it up up tempo in the clubhouse, on the field where we've got great energy, and uh, you know, put in last night's game the way we did in the last you know, few wins against the Mets.
Speaker 4: He just gotta we just got to continue to do what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Come out today, get hot early, and try to put this series away.
Speaker 2: Do you know, I know you can appreciate this.
Speaker 1: When Mike Sooshie hit his home run in the eighty eight nlcs AD Chase Stadium, he said he could hear his cleats in the dirt. That's how quiet it was. Have you experienced that the last couple of nights?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And uh it's you know, just yesterday the crowd was on his feet, they're waving the towels and show hey goes deep to right center and it was silent, and you could hear the guys in the dugout from where I was standing, And uh, it's.
Speaker 4: That's the way. That's what you got to do.
Speaker 3: On the road is you got to you got to come out quick, score some runs, get the fans out of it.
Speaker 4: And hopefully today we can do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Do you know, Ebol Dodgers third base coach is our guest. You know a lot of people are talking about Key k a Hernandez, Max Muncy Otani bets all those rightfully, So what about Tommy Edmund? How important has he been to the success of the team.
Speaker 4: He's been huge.
Speaker 3: This guy's you know, he's been in this type of games before with the Cardinals. He's a he's a Dodger player fundamentally sound, and he's doing really well. That Rojas is out with his injury at short he just puts. He's a baseball player. You ask him to bunt, he bunts. He you ask him to move a runner over, he does.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Having Tommy here playing shortstop that Rojas is out has been a.
Speaker 4: Huge factor in our lineup.
Speaker 3: Yesterday he's hitting forth and he's coming up big and big double to drive in a run. So we love him and continues, you know, hopefully he continues success.
Speaker 4: He's that a little ankle.
Speaker 3: Here and there coming in, but I ask him every day he's ready to go. This morning, he's here early, and he's he can't wait to get this thing started.
Speaker 1: Speaking of ankles, Freddie Freeman's been dealing with his right ankle the entire postseason.
Speaker 2: How do you gauge how he's feeling day to day?
Speaker 4: Really good?
Speaker 3: So yesterday had the full day off, he had a good look on his face. This morning, I went in and asked him how he's and he said a lot better. So I think yesterday gave him, you know, that ankle a little bit more time to heal. Same as with Gavin Lux. He feels a lot better today. But yeah, we we miss Freddy. We need him in the lineup. He's in there tonight, so hopefully you know he does what he does.
Speaker 4: This offense right now is rolling. We got to keep it going.
Speaker 1: I remember Mookie Betts catching him after he crossed home played in Game one of this series. How does you sending him from second to home? How does all that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he was standing at second base there, I'm thinking, okay, I know I'm going to get tested early, and I did so. But he looked right at me, David, and this is this is the truth. He said, send me.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's two outs and if it's hit to any one of the outfielders, I want you to send me. So you know, I know his ankles, you know it's it's hurting him, but he comes to play this. The elite players find a way to get the job done. He cuts the base as well. But when I send it, you know, when I did send him, and you know, and I saw the throw and I'm thinking, and I was down by the box telling him to get down, and he almost ran into me. As his angle that time was a little bit because he couldn't turn because of the right foot. But then I saw Mookie catch him. Then I knew he was in good hands.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I love it, Dino. You embody everything that it means to be a Dodger. You're a disciple of Tommy Lasorda. I know he's looking down from Blue Heaven and certainly proud of everything that this team has accomplished, and certainly proud of everything you've done to help the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, David again, since I came back in twenty nineteen, and then when Tommy passed away in twenty twenty after we won the World Series. Before every game, I look up and I tell Tommy, the big Dodger in the sky, give us, give us some love today. So I'm asking him again tonight. Get this series over with, so Big Dodger and the Sky Tommy, we need your help.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: What a team The Fruits of Victory The Dodgers one went away from the world series.
Speaker 2: Dino, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 4: Love it. Thanks for having me.