Speaker 1: Hi, this is Robert Salas. I'm a former Air Force captain and I was a missile launch officer in nineteen sixty seven and Great Falls, Montana Stacy Melstrom And when a UFO came over my launch control facility affected my missiles shut him down. And I can prove that I have a book called Faded Giant. And you are listening to the Doctor Sky Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome once again, ladies and gentlemen, to the Doctor Sky Show, heard exclusively here on teen Talknetwork dot com and on the many radio stations around the nation that air of the Doctor Sky minuette. And also a special hello and thank you to our flagship radio station KFNX new Stalk Radio eleven hundred, the undisputed fifty thousand watt powerhouse up the desert Southwest. And ladies and gentlemen, if you're a newcomer to The Doctor Sky Show, our show was always jam packed with the best guests from the realms of astronomy, aviation, in weather, and from time to time some very special celebrity guests. And today, ladies and gentleman, is a true privilege and honor to speak to a man who proudly served his country and equally important, the co author of a fascinating book entitled Faded Giant. The nineteen sixty seven missile UFO Incidence something that each and every person out there with an open mind certainly needs to hear. And before we speak with our guests, mister Robert Salas, a brief introduction is in order. Robert Sallas, a graduate of the United States Air Force Academy, served on active duty for seven years. He holds a master's degree in aerospace engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology and a master's degree in education from the University of Washington. Sallas worked briefly as an engineer from Martin Marrietta Aerospace and Rockwell International, and then went on to serve twenty two years in the Federal Aviation Administration until his retirement in nineteen ninety five. He is currently teaching School of Mathematics, and he has spoken publicly about the events described in Faded Giant since nineteen ninety five. He and his co author, James Klatz have written this phenomenal book, which has gone across the world and even on to the stage. Ladies and gentlemen. Just weeks ago on the international television stage from CNN, Fox News, and many other journalistic experiences. And with that, I'd like to welcome to the program former United States Air Force Captain Robert Sallas. Good afternoon, and we'll all at the Doctor Scott Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Doctor Scuy. I really appreciate that introduction. It's great to be on with you today.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, sir. You know, this subject has always been fascinating to our listeners, and I myself had the privilege and honor of speaking with the doctor Jayalen Heinik when I interviewed him when I was in college a long time ago there at Northwestern University when he appeared on the radio. But just briefly, if you would be kind enough, sir, just describe to us what is a faded giant. I understand this is a military term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, technically, I think faded giant is any incident involving a nuclear facility that could be a power generating plant or some other nuclear facility. We kind of us the generic term for some sort of nuclear incident for our book because it sounded well good to us.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds very good to all the listeners of the Doctor Sky Show. I can assure you sir, and I'm so fascinated about what you're about to tell us in this approximately thirty minute interview today. According to your story, which is well documented here in Faded Giant, you describe a series of missile site excuse me, of UFO sightings over missile silos, particularly to those up in the northwestern part of the United States. But more particularly, Sir, described the first experiences that were reported to you about unidentified flying objects hovering near or over these sensitive missile silos.
Speaker 1: You know, I can tell you in my own experience that I was on duty and underground capsule we call it oscar flight. It's about one hundred miles east of Great Falls, Montana, near a small town called Roy, Montana. And there are two of us sit down there in the capsule that are monitoring the missiles, making sure they're on already or ghost status. And my commander was taking a rest break and I get a call from the top side guard that they were observing strange lights in the sky making strange maneuvers, moving very rapidly, making odd turns and anyway, they announced that these were not aircraft. And this was you know, I took this report seriously, although I couldn't quite grasp what they were trying to tell me, but so I just kind of the report and went back to my good book down there. And five minutes later I get another call. This time they are yelling into the phone, clearly frightened. The guys says that they're looking out at the front gate and they see this glowing red object. It's about thirty feet diameter, pulsating and it's oval shaped. It's hovering just above the front gate, and they wanted me to tell them what to do next. I think I told him to make sure that it comes in the perimeter fence. They had all their weapons drawn up there, and it was a tense situation. Well hung up the phone. I went to tell my commander about these phone calls, and as I was telling him about him, the missiles started going into what we call a no go condition. In other words, they went from an alert status to a disabled status.
Speaker 2: This is an amazing story. Letters, is a littlement about what you're about to hear in greater detail. But before we go into the meat of the actual sightings and what experiences you've had with these sightings and your crew, describe to us, Sir, the entire Minuteman missile system. I find this to be very fascinating, and I must say this in all honesty. I watched you on many of the major networks, and I say this again, this is my opinion. I didn't see them go into any of the detail that we're about to go into today, because I think it's very important for the listeners of the Doctor Sky Show, Sir, to understand that you served your country, and I want to salute you first for your service to our country. And equally important, I think people out there may have a misconception what is the Minuteman missile system and describe to us in some detail what your role was.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the minute Man one is a three stage solid propulsion missile course with warhead approximately you know, I'll say in general the warhead was about three hundred kilotons. I know they changed the warhead from time to time, but just to put out in perspective, the warheaded Hiroshima Nagasaki was fifteen to twenty kilotons. But we had I think at the time in nineteen sixty seven, we have had about one hundred and fifty actual missiles MINIMN one and mod Miniman mod missile was the follow under that in Montana Long and of course there were there were missile bases in other of the Northern Tier states. Each missile was independent of each other. In other words, we could fire them in salvo. But in general the missiles were you know, self contained. They had their they had backup power, their own backup power systems. UH, triplely redundant power. We had triplely redundant shielded cables. UH that UH sent the signals to the missiles. And again these signals had to go individually. Yeah. One one thing I'd like to point out in particular is we we did receive a document from the Air Force under the Premium Information Act. And in that document, UH, this is a historical document, it's UH unit history document. But in that document it talks about UH in particularly the echo flight, the fact that the UH we got two signals, UH were two messages during the shutdowns. One was gotten some control system failure and the other one was the logic coupler failure. And HY they actually stated verbatim in there that A that in U this was a highly unexplicable event because each of the logic couplers would have had to failed from the same cause within seconds of each other. So if you can determine the probability of that, you can figure out how unlikely this was. Well, let me describe in a little more details of the audience here, and I'm just taking this from your book. The Mini Man one missile was a three stage solid propeller ICBM, about fifty eight feet tall, about six feet wide in the base. But what I find most fascinating is this particular system as you describe here, the control systems are up and running twenty four hours a day. This means what that the gyroscopes were always spinning and the electronics is always powered up. So what happened during these particular incidents is totally amazing that the alleged object that was seen not only by many of the people, of course, not by yourself, because we want to make that caveat you are underground during the whole libe. But the point I'm trying to make is something came over this particular missile silo or this particular complex, and yet to this day it's never been explained what caused these missiles to go offline. Is that the term right offline, but one emphasize that the guards upstairs had absolutely no control over these missiles. There's no way they could have propagated some kind of a hoax and had these missiles set down at the same time they announced that there was the UFO overhead. So I just want to emphasize that well.
Speaker 2: Also, just to remind the listeners, you're listening to an exclusive interview here a special book and a special author. Today, we're speaking today with former United States Air Force Captain Robert Salas. He and his co author James Klotz have written this phenomenal book called Faded Giant. It refers to the nineteen sixty seven missile UFO incidents. He's joining us from his home in California today on The Doctor Sky Show. And Sir, I really appreciate your time because to me, this has always been as this one who studied this UFO phenomenon for many years looking at the Even if there's two percent of the sidings that are unexplained, doesn't this one continue come up in its class as being still yet unexplained.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we never got an explanation. I was there for another two years doing the same job. No one ever explained to me why this was went down under these circumstances from other witnesses, I know that as late as nineteen seventy two, the Air Force was still investigating the Echo flag shutdown, the OSCAR shutdown, and could not come up with a fix. So yeah, we're waiting for an explanation still from the Air Force.
Speaker 2: Well, I gather you're not very popular. And then the military circles or do they really care at this point in time, because I would imagine that since they can't explain it or will not explain it, just personally on a one to one level. Have you experienced some criticism of this as about going public about something, and I salute you for going public of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I have not heard word one from the military, either my classmates or or the official you know military. Either way, I think they don't want to talk about this because we have I think outstanding back up support evidence supporting this case, and I don't think they want to challenge me on any of it. I mean, we've got the two flight crews I mean missile cruise rather and and we've got other supporting witnesses. Two of the witnesses that spoke in Washington, D C. Robert Jamieson, who was that brought my missiles back up on alert, also was informed this was the UFO event. We've got Dwayne Anderson, who was in the cryptographic center, who saw the message that went out informing SAC headquarters this was a UFO event. So I think we've got a solid case.
Speaker 2: And I think you certainly, sir, And it's great to have guests like yourself that are trying to stimulate the minds of the American people and the folks of the world, because according to research that I've done, this particular phenomenon is not just endemic to the United States. It's also allegedly happened to the then Soviet Union. And I think the circumstances there might have been much more dangerous if all of a sudden the missiles were launched out of the ground by a mysterious source. So maybe they theoretically could have lost control, But that never did happen in the United States.
Speaker 1: Right. One of our witnesses, Bruce Finistermacher, talked about a very similar incident where UFOs came over his site and started lighting up the board. In his words, so clearly, these objects, whatever they are, and whoever they are are very cognizant of how our systems work in great detail.
Speaker 2: Well, this is interesting because your book describes on page twenty two, and I want to encourage people to get a copy of the book. And again if you're just joining us folks on the Doctor Sky Show. A very special guest as always, but today I feel very impressed at this gentleman. Former United States there Force Captain Robert Sollas and his co author James Klaut's writing the book called Fated Giant in nineteen sixty seven missile UFO incidents. He's with us exclusively here on The Doctor Sky Show today to talk about a lot of different subjects. But I understand that electromagnetic pulse is something that could knock out different types of electronics. Tell our listeners a little bit about what AMPER is in case they're not familiar with this.
Speaker 1: Well, EMP, or electromagnetic pulse can be generated from various sources. That's pretty much a generic to What I can tell you is that one of the Boeing engineers who investigated the Echo incident did a bench test and injected a EMP signal. I can't quote the numbers off hand. They may be in the book, but he was able to disable the guns and control package of the logic coupler in this case at this particular signal, but he could not certainly not explain how that signal was injected into the system. As I mentioned, the cables that are buried about sixty feet underground, they're triply shielded, and each missile would have had to have received this signal within seconds of each other.
Speaker 2: Amazing, totally amazing, and to the best minds out there, I mean, we could all speculate that our government with black projects, may have some sort of devices that of course can do these things, or maybe other governments of the world. But I tended out that Robert, you know you spent your time in the military. I find this to be a totally amazing story that it seems very much otherworldly, that when we see the descriptions or read about the descriptions that the people on the ground saw on base, it doesn't look like any conventional aircraft. Correct.
Speaker 1: No, no, this is not a conventional aircraft, unless you know, with aircraft that can ver silently overhead and inject some sort of signal, specific signal sixty feet underground and penetrate the cables and no, this was not a.
Speaker 2: Conventional aircraft, not at all. And thus it gives us this open mind here on the Doctor Sky Show that this particular series of events, as I as I described before, as a man of science myself and of course a man who spent a lot of time of course getting your advanced degrees, you understand very clearly by looking in the sky that there are so many identifiable objects. And that's what we try to do here on the Doctor Sky program and in our public programs that we do from the astronomy side. I'd give this challenge, this challenge to people out there. I say, well, I'm open minded about the UFO subject, but I say even more so because I learned about the nighttime sky and try to help people learn about what those objects are in the sky. And once you know the roadmap of the sky, you can discount these things. Maybe one that doesn't know about venus or one doesn't know about other objects. But even if it's the two percent like we're talking about today, this to me seems like one of the most amazing sightings in all of history. And you were there with your people to witness this firsthand. But I'd like to know a little bit more about this. If you can tell me your incident that you're talking about. Can you give us a date and year for this particular incident, because I know there were many of these.
Speaker 1: Yes, my incident was March twenty fourth, nineteen sixty seven. The way I been able to nail down the date, because of course I had no clear memory of the date, was because primarily of Lieutenant I'm sorry, yeah, Lieutenant. At the time Jamison, he was head of a retarding team. He was called in on that day on a date to go out to Oscar fly and restart the missiles. But he also recalls the knowing about the belt siding. We'll call it the belt siding. This is a well documented siding where a truck driver sees the UFO kind of pacing his truck as he's driving towards great Falls on the evening of the twenty fourth, early evening of the twenty fourth, well documented. As a matter of fact, we got the complete Blue Book files on it. And that's what Jamison remembers hearing about on the day he went out to Oscar flying. And of course this is all Jamison's testimony, it's his affidavit. The other incident that I talked about is the Echo flight incident in March sixteenth, nineteen sixty seven, so about eight days earlier, we had the Echo shut down all ten missiles. Again UFO's overhead, and again we've got witness testimony of the deputy Walt Fiegel and the commander Eric Carlson. My commander was Fred Mywald, and he's also you know, I've got audio recordings of him saying that, yeah, that's how he remembers my incident. The incident I talked about Wealth Feagel, I've also got an audio recording of him talking about his incident with fascinating. So we've got, like I said, a solid case and other witnesses supporting it. It's a very fascinating story. And I guess you go through your book, you describe reasons and these are not your opinions. These are just taking it from both sides. Give the audience a little bit about good reasons why not to be open, meaning from the federal government side about the revelation that UFOs exist, and then take the other side about why we should able to know that this particular story might very well be a true visitation of other than you know, our human kind. Just describe both of those sides for our audiences. I tried to go through some points of view, you know, taking it from the government point of view, that if they released this information made it public, could there be widespread panic for example, would the stock market be affected for example, or how people think of religion and things like that, And of course, you know, we don't know, we don't know how these I it's going to play out there. Of course, the government may have other reasons, such as they can't control these things, so how do they announce the public that they have no control over any of this? And then of course the other thing is they might have back engineered some of the technology, and of course they want to keep that secret. So maybe those are all good reasons. But bottom line is the government should be the arm of the public. I mean, they should be our representatives, and the public has a need to know. In order to have good government, the public has to be informed. I mean, that's one of the foundations of our democracy.
Speaker 2: I think now you say it so well, and I quote from page twenty eight here and I quote truth is stranger than fiction. But it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities where truth isn't. End of quote, Mark Trump and Mark Twain, of course, among how many people who, of course would agree with that, But Mark Twain is the author of that. I find that statement and that quote to be very much in line with what we're talking about here today, what is truth and what is fiction? And just give us some closing comments on this, because all of a sudden, out of the blue, I'm sitting at home watching CNN and flipping back to Fox News and I hear about this story which I've always wanted to at least talk to the person I've been in search of you for a long time, sir, And again, I'm very glad that we've been able to meet here together in this interview. But describe this whole process of now coming out in the open with this subject. I mean, how long had you planned to do this news conference? And tell us a little bit about the experiences that you've had. How has this been received.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been speaking about this my particular case for over fifteen years. About a year ago, Robert Hastings and I decided to By the way, Robert Hasings wrote the book UFOs at nuke's which I can recommend. But about a year ago we decided we've got so many witnesses out there that can testify to the fact that we have had these objects overfly nuclear facilities and in my case of course, shut down our missiles. It was clearly a national security event. But the Air Force hidden behind this policy they've had since nineteen sixty nine that any UFO incident they ever investigated or heard about did not affect national security, which is completely false and misleading. And so that's the confrontation we have right now. That was the purpose really of the press conference, to have a direct confrontation with the Air Force about that statement, because we've got seven witnesses that say, no, that's not right. In fact, we have had UFO experiences at our nuclear weapons bases, and we would like answers. We would like the government to fess up and admit that this is a real phenomenon. We don't know exactly what it is, but it is a real phenomenon, and we'd like them to come clean about it.
Speaker 2: I all heartily agree, sir, And one of the things also in your book, I have to remiss if I didn't go over it is also and as I describe it, above ground missile and UFO contact the big sur off Vandenburg Air Force Base incident described to us about this whole story because this is what one of the first times that an alleged UFO intercepts a dummy warhead and does what.
Speaker 1: Well, the incident you're talking about happened during a flight, a test flight out of Vandenburg Air Force Base. The Robert I'm sorry, I can't remember his name, Robert, but that's quite okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so many of these incidents that are jam packed in your book, but I think I go more to the point that it seems in the short story that a launch out of Vandenburg with a dummy warhead on some of the video or some of the movie film that was taken, we find ourselves at least they claim that there was an intercept that this pushed the warhead, though a dummy warhead, out of its flight path.
Speaker 1: That's right. I just couldn't remember the name of the individual, but absolutely he caught on video this object of flying circles around the warhead, the dummy warhead and actually shooting a beam of light at it at various times and pushed it out of its flight path so it missed its target. And this was verified by his immediate supervisor. Many they have a major mansman and they showed this video to, among others, the CIA. CIA confiscated the video and took it off. But Man's men and this other gentleman, Robert, can you help me with this name? I can't for guy's name anyway, Maybe.
Speaker 2: You don't have to answer this. Maybe the major networks never really covered this with the seriousness that I think is surrounding this. Courage all the listeners of the Doctor Sky Show to get a copy of this book entitled Fated Giant, co authored by Robert Solas and James Klotz. The title of the book in detail the nineteen sixty seven missile UFO incidents. This is a phenomenal book. And you know, in the few moments that we have Leftster, I really got to ask you a personal question on this. What's your fervent belief? Now, I mean you're now out of the Air Force, you can speak your mind. What do you think happened? And where do you think this technology is? Maybe not just from but what do you think the origin of this type of technology is.
Speaker 1: Well, I've sincerely I'm convinced that this technology is not from planet Earth. It's extraterrestrial. I believe what happened at Malstrom was simply a message. They were sending us, a signal that they understood our nuclear weapons. They knew how they worked, and they just wanted to know us to know that, and sent us the message that we really need to get rid of these weapons, otherwise we're risking our entire civilization.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes a lot of sense to me. And I heard another theory put out there a long time ago, and I wonder what your thoughts on this. I don't necessarily believe it, nor can I prove it nor disprove it. Back, of course, when we tested the trinity site at first atomic bomb at Alamogordo. Then after that was when we had the sightings of many green fireballs over New Mexico. And also a professor of mine in college, doctor Claude Tamba, who discovered Pluto. I asked him this many years before he died, and he said, there was a tremendous wave of sightings throughout the New Mexico area. And then what happens in July of nineteen forty seven, we have an alleged craft that crashed in New Mexico. I think you're right on target that. I think whatever intelligence is here maybe first witnessed from AFAR this nuclear test, and you're probably right. They seem to hover or go around where we have these type of explosions or the capability for these missiles weapons of mass destruction to be Would you agree?
Speaker 1: I would absolutely agree with that. I know mister Hastings has documented over one hundred cases just like what you're talking about over nuclear test facilities, even during the initial test to the first a bomb.
Speaker 2: Well, it's phenomenal, sir, and I really appreciate your time today. Again. The book Faded Giant in nineteen sixty seven Missile UFO Incidents. Robert Salas is our special guest. He, of course, is a former United States Air Force captain. He co authored the book with James Klants. Go, of course to Google and on Amazon and you'll be able to, of course find out where you can purchase this wonderful book, talking about a lot about the Freedom of Information Act, gathering information about these sightings that were seen by multiple people and may indeed have theoretically jeopardized national security, though the Air Force will not comment nor the government officially. Thank you so much, mister Sallis, and I appreciate your time. I want to thank all the listeners at the Doctor Sky Show. Of course, our program heard each week exclusively on teen Talknetwork dot com and on the many radio stations around the nation that air the Doctor Sky Minute, along with our flagship radio station KISNAX News Talk Radio eleven hundred, the undisputed fifty thousand watt powerhouse of the Desert Southwest, and inclosing, Doctor Sky always reminds each and everyone out there to always remember to keep your eyes to the skies. Thank you, mister Robert Slas