Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle, and today has been a crazy day, a lot of emotions. We'll be talking about it all throughout the day, leading all the way up to pregame right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Yes, Luka, Doncic is in town. That game is tonight. It can be heard right here on the Eagle and so you don't need to go there, just be locked in with us. Man, I can't believe this day has finally arrived. Crazy crazy stuff. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's time to play the Today game. It's a game, It's tonic today.
Speaker 3: Let's go take it away, jack Wagons.
Speaker 2: It is time to play the today game for today.
Speaker 1: April ninth, twenty twenty five, And it was on this day, in the Year of Our Lord twenty nineteen, that Dirk played his final home game for the Maps.
Speaker 2: Who will be the first one to side scope to see?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, who are you sure?
Speaker 3: You? As you guys might expect, this was my last home game. Yeah, I'm trying my yoga breathing, but it's not really working that well.
Speaker 2: Stand up amazing? How does he do that? In front of twenty thousand. Remember that time he played Madison Square Garden. Did that stand up regime?
Speaker 1: Hey, you had a late show too after that that Who cried at that game?
Speaker 2: I did? Everybody in the building, Oh I did? He did seared up.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I almost tried listening to that too. Man, will you cry tonight?
Speaker 2: Yes? I will to be professional in a broadcast the tribute video. That's going to get some people.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going to be surprised when it is. Oh yep, oh uh. So here's my here's my favorite moment. This is so personal. Here's my favorite moment from the Dirt Game. Is during the retirement ceremony. We were at our broadcast position, okay, and so I'm just standing there next to Harp and they bring out, you know, the Legends and Stellar Strength and all these guys, Larry Bird. And when they, you know, each one says something. And when they introduced Larry Bird, Derek Harper goes Larry effn Bird, except he didn't say ethan Like Derek Harper was in the moment and in awe of Dirk's retirement and Larry Bird standing there like it was just this moment of men, the reverence, these guys had for one another is just so intense and incredible. My favorite moment from that game was you know Dirk had kept it together and then they showed a video montage of him visiting children in hospitals over the years. Yeah, and he lost it on the court. He's crying, wiping away tears. I'm like, there will never be another Dirk ever.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like him. He's a one of one.
Speaker 1: That's right, Ben, Remember that only one? And then okay, yeah, Christina just made a face. Everyone feels like the feeling we have right now about Luca coming back to town and realizing that we blew it. It's like we're all in an elevator and somebody farted. Did you have that look in your face?
Speaker 2: Like this? Fuck Max, Christy. It's a good point. I like that he's young player twenty two. That should be your bingo card thing. If you could mention him every day. Remember that. Guys Parks and rec debut on this day in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: The band has had a few different names over the years. We started, we were Teddy Bear Suicide, but then we changed it to mouse Rat, then we were God Hates Figs. Department of Homeland, Obscurity, Flames for Flames, Muscle Confusion, nothing rhymes with orange and then everything rhymes with orange. Punch Face Champions, rad Wagon, Puppy Pendulum, Awesome Pendulum Pendulum, and Real Suicide, Angel Snack, just the three skin Jet Black Pope. We went back to mouse Rat and now we are.
Speaker 1: I am sorry, I almost changed into a Ron Swansen clip.
Speaker 2: There's just so many great characters in that, but that that's just great Top three show for me.
Speaker 1: He's got this one bit that I always see from that show where he's talking to a doctor I guess, and he's like, he goes, I got this problem when wiping and sometimes you wipe and you wipe and you wipe and you wipe and it's still stuff there. He goes like, I'm wiping a marker. And he was great before he got all in shape and turned into a superhero whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's cook. You got fit. Albert Hammond Junior of the Strokes is forty five. Here's that's credit card.
Speaker 1: And bought all the equipment for the band. So I think Albert Hammond Senior actually has some songwriting credit on Crete by Radiohead because they used one of his songs as a jump off. Legendary Guy KT's leader, Hugh Huffner, would have been ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Playboy Mansion has been sold after months on the market. The new owner, i should say, is a ninety year old co owner of Hostess. So that's a lot of ding dongs and slinkys. I'm not I shouldn't have gone there, and I will not go to there.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about it, and.
Speaker 6: I planned to be on the cover of Playboy magazine again. See I did Playboy magazine years ago. I thought it would be such a hood. If they'll go for I don't know if they will if I could be on the cover. You know again, when I'm seventy five, you'll have to not to me rest in peace?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: In Gerard Way of my Chemical Romances forty eight was a young boy.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: There we having.
Speaker 1: There's the today game for today. Good luck to all of our nominees. Coming up next, Let's Talk Cowboys DFW. A brand new segment called Cowboys Kerosene is next.
Speaker 2: Don't miss it.