Speaker 1: What if.
Speaker 2: Welcome to whatever weight's Live with Sports Dot Connors. You want to spend more Rax Young Chris, Jeff Walker. We got Riley Damon what's Gordon's name again in the building? Shout out, Shout out Mark uh smashed like button be and share the street. Mark talking pistons.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go. We might talk tigers that it depends on you chat.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk tigers, but I think they did something deserving of talking about.
Speaker 1: So maybe towards end the show, we might sneak a some tigers. We'll see. It's up to you guys. There's a pull on there somewhere before any of that.
Speaker 2: UFC is back and we're talking about Connor McGregor versus Max Holloway, my favorite fighter, Max Hollway. Shout Spinney got me a plaque. Shout out out. Justin Gatgee versus Connor McGregor. This is the second match, by the way, they fought when they were younger. Connor went before, but this time Max is coming into as a fucking grown man, a grown.
Speaker 1: Man coming off of yeah, coming off of title appearances, you know, title fights, while Connor has been fighting Jake Jillenhall. So I think, like, like I said, everything in me says you know Max, Like, obviously he is much more active. He's you know, been in the ring. We're in the octagon recently. Connor hasn't. But Connor looked good, man. I'm just saying he had to, he had to juice. Still, he said he hasn't been fucking at camp and he's got something ready to go. So I don't know if he's gonna, yeah, hit him with his dick or something, but maybe he said he's been practicing celibacy in camp for the first time and he's going to explode his passion on the Maas Holloway, we did not promote sexual gratification anyway, or violence upon others in any way. Everything we say and do is in a satirical and comedic format. But listen, UFC was dead, the White House card revived it. You hit it with the like breathalyzer, you're the breathalyzer. Yeah, and now but now it's still you know, it's still down, it's still crawling, and they need Max and Connor to Yeah, I think it could happen.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: The thing with the you know Max Holly versus Connor is my brain tells you Max Holloway. My heart's contelling me Connor, and I'm still going with Max's common sense would be Max Holloway. But the thing but is I'm not gonna discount Connor. If you ever see those videos online, these old dudes beating the fuck out of a young guy, like some young punk girls talking. Once you have hands, you always have hands. And the way Max fights, he's gonna keep Connor. Read it, He's allowed Condor the opportunity that's up to Connor's gonna land that left to knock him out maybe, but you know, if not, Max ha'd take him the deep waters and drawn because he's got some of the most some of the best stand up in the ULLC history.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you. Yeah, and one of the best chins too, and one of the best chins. But he did get knocked out to get knocked out, but we know how like like you get chinned once you get a little chinny. So we'll see if Max can keep it going. But that's what it is with Connor, Like he is a counter striker. When he was at his best, he was a counter striker. He wasn't trying to be a boxer. He was using more of the like Muay Thai aspect of mm A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's I think that's why I lost the dust. I mean obviously broke his leg, but that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Two like to be out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, went to the box he used to the karate ship. He's doing like crazy fucking like uppercuts and kicks. They tours a c l against Max. He still was doing that though. He just you gotta go back to MMA Connor not boxing conn absolutely if he wants a chance. If he wants a chance, you try to box with Max Holloway, you're gonna get drass be now is because you're a UFC is dead guy where you have If kinda loses, obviously, if Conna wins.
Speaker 1: If Connor wins, it's a big shot in the army. If Connor wins, the UFC's back. If Connor loses, I mean it will still be a great fight. I think it'll stay right where it is, you know, like like it's it's it's doing good right now. The White House card was good. This is gonna be a banger card. So if Max wins, it'll just be another banger card and that keeps the moment I'm going but if Connor wins, it's back, because then Connor will get a title fight.
Speaker 2: Jeff, I know you're opinionated guy. Sometimes you can't get you to shut up.
Speaker 1: That's time I speak on this one. How you feel.
Speaker 4: Doesn't stand a chance in this like he's gonna get picked apart from the start, like there, he didn't look good in neither of the Dustin Poria fights that he.
Speaker 1: Got absolutely mauled in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we look at Max Holloway, he's fucked nothing but the best, like iliod Poria folk his like that's who, that's who his most recent fight is. And unless you're talking about Dustin Pourier, because he picked Dustin Poorier apart as well, old dust they're old.
Speaker 1: Probably shouldn't have steped there. In the UFC. The best part of the UFC is the unction right now because it's all of these old guys. You know, they need one guy to come in here and clean up all these old heads, all of them, like what John Jones did. When John Jones took over the UFC, he went into the light heavyweight division and cleaned up all the old heads, all of the legends of the sport. Took them down one by one. They need somebody to do that now, and they can set up perfectly. Volke, Gait Chee, Holloway, McGregor. You put all those bodies on your belt, you are immediately a superstar. In the US, they don't allow people to do steroids no more like John Jones. That's true.
Speaker 4: You gotta be careful when doing that though, because if you do put someone who's not ready in front of Max Holloway, then he's going to.
Speaker 1: That's what we've seen, that's what's been happening.
Speaker 2: When Max Holloway lost a belt, they tried to make him the gate keeper of the featherweight division.
Speaker 1: You had to go through Max Holloway to get a chance that because Max is decapitating every single one of these dudes, and Volk had know one to fight.
Speaker 4: He couldn't pass voth Like, he couldn't figure like. And that's because what did Volke.
Speaker 2: Do the rest couple of times he makes second Max one on Fight Island, I'll fuck out die on the hill.
Speaker 1: I will that third fight that was really bad. That was really bad, that was insane.
Speaker 4: I think that Max is going to put on a clinic against Connor because I don't think especially if if if Connor doesn't somehow knock Max out with within the first round, within the first two and a half minutes of the first round, Yeah, then Connor is just gonna get picked apart for five rounds Max. I don't know why this is a five round fight. I don't know what Still, why Connor would even sign up for a five round fight.
Speaker 1: He's the main event. We'll get your main event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's be let's be respectful. Connor though, he again, once you have hands, you have hands whatever. He got that left hand.
Speaker 4: But Max has been doing this at no, for sure.
Speaker 2: The first time they fought Max Holloway was only twenty one years old.
Speaker 1: He was baby like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm taking Max to but I'm not discounting Connor.
Speaker 1: I'm salty, says dude. It's Spenny. It could be you. I've seen them social media posts. Definitely could be splenty Fuck No, dude, you're you're the you're I mean, they need one of these young like they're gonna try to let it be and now, Yeah, Paddy Pimblet is one of those guys gotta take I don't know any of these upper coming dogs that are gonna be like, it can't be that ugly as Mexican do it because he so. My boy lost to him, probably the ugliest first I've ever seen my.
Speaker 2: Boy Mondo actually my first ever podcast with the year as my very first ever in my basement live of Mondo and undo him on Dana White's Contender series and fucked them up.
Speaker 1: He's a dog, He's he's got strength.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cousin, I think Walter Waite is the class where you can see one of those younger guys come in and just absolutely start to destroy all of the old heads somebody has. That's that's that's it. That's the only class that you Then again, what happened to him? He got He stepped in there with Justin and he didn't he didn't treat it as an mm A fight because he could have simply just mixed it up a lot more than what he did. He tried to stand I think sang with with Justin Gage and it didn't work and he got beat up.
Speaker 1: That's true. Armand I think Armand could be a guy. It's kind of but everyone's ducking him. Chill out on Raoul Roo. He's too young. He got asked me the last time I've seen him fight too, he doesn't have It was somebody good, though, I think I can't remember who was Raoul. It might have been Rob was Rob Font heavyweight veteran. I think you want to thought. I thought the last time I saw him fight he lost. I know that.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was his last fight, but the last time I saw him fight, I think I did. He got tapped out. If I'm thinking correctly, I come be wrong. I can't remember, but it was Christian Rodriguez Christian decision. Yeah, he beat he beat Rob fine, Yeah, okay, he rustled funck himwards the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Patty Pamlin's fighting this card. Ben watch Satany if you want. If you want to know the next generation, you still want to keep up with UFC, that's when you gotta watch.
Speaker 1: It's a comin event, not the comin But I believe he's older too. It's comine actually Satany. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like he might be thirty, but he's still he's little younger in the sport. Patty in the sport. I think the tak a Patty in that one.
Speaker 4: By the way, I think the reason why the UFC has has obviously lost some of the notoriety or the kind of like it factor of what it was is because you don't have the heavyweight and light heavyweight division as stacked as it once was when you had John Jones, when you had the brock Less and all the star power within that division. Right now, it's for the heavyweight division. The one player, the one the one guy who can come in and just absolutely wreck havoc.
Speaker 2: Not you're automatically wrong, then Gable Stevenson, you're wrong. Josh Hokott is already doing it. Josh is already doing it. Jeff, don't be blind to it. Be honest to your assessment of the sport. Josh Hokott is the disruptor and he's doing it right now.
Speaker 1: I like it or not.
Speaker 2: You can hate him, but you gotta be honest about it. But stepped in there yet. He's going to in this card. So we're gonna we're gonna get to see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody in the chat, you guys can chill out, all right, we got two hours. We're gonna talk about the pistons. Okay, we got a lot of pistons to get you know, we wanted to talk about this for a little bit because it's a big card. Get christ that's for me, monkey dance like, all right, we'll talk pistons by Hello, speaking guys fighting.
Speaker 2: Do you have the Shannon Sharp video I sent you? Yes, this is Shannon's Sharp. He had Chakor Stevenson, who's a boxer on I believe she fights. I could be wrong. I looked it up there while we're playing the video. Just run the video up the information all.
Speaker 6: Right, let me give me one second to find it in here because I know yourself. Work dude, it's in here, but it doesn't have a background, So give me one second.
Speaker 1: Don que with the super chat shout out don cue. He says, if Tiger's turning the buyers, who do you go get? Bullpen?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bullpen? Bullpen? Bullpen? Can you get Mason Miller? Probably not? Probably not. I would do it. No, no, no, no, you got it. You got the video. Let's go.
Speaker 8: Don't know ship about boxing.
Speaker 1: They're being ignorant.
Speaker 8: That's it. Ignorant is something that should never come out of your mouth because you don't have a degree. I run circles around you in the class. I don't give a fuck up out of class. I've never told you do you finish high school or finished school. I'm not you. They didn't call me.
Speaker 1: You did ignorant when it comes to the spot.
Speaker 2: Box, you're ignorant about all care I'm not trying to be the smartest nigga about all sports.
Speaker 8: You're not the smartest box. I'm not the smartest box. I'm gonna wave you smarter box, and then you're fighter. You don't know who MyD is. You got upset because I don't think if.
Speaker 2: You're not really hearing me, steel boring.
Speaker 8: If you can knot got your female, you damn sure can't knock me out. Mickey Mouse bigger than you. I came up to class. He wasn't one thirty. I was one thirty five. He's on forty. I eat one hundred and forty pounds worth. You will beat your ass. You you don't eat you Spot.
Speaker 1: Grew threw a punch in your life like this.
Speaker 8: Going to you on me. You got a brother in the career. That ship will end.
Speaker 4: I promise you that you would yours.
Speaker 8: I fold your ass up like launch here. Ain't no how old are you? I don't know how, but I get your age. I have more money than you. I've been your age, you've never been.
Speaker 1: That's not Listen. I love uncle as much as the next guy. He was cook that was Now. I feel like that's one like group of people. You shouldn't talk like fighters. You cannot have a professional fighter on your show and say you beat them in a fight, unless you are yourself a professional fighter.
Speaker 2: Like I would maybe give Prime Ship Sharp a chance, maybe a chance, like a chance this.
Speaker 1: Version of him, he's gonna fucking punch your your head off, like he said, Shan's not touching him. You know, pep ties makeup for fifty years age difference. Shannon's gonna skilled. She's gonna You're gonna throw one punch and catch two body shots and hook and be like what the like he is gonna be moving in.
Speaker 2: And out and picking him apart like it wouldn't. If I was Elon Musk, I'd make this fight happen. I call him both by. I got the money to make. I'm the richest man in the world, that's true, and I want to see this fight.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy, like a billionaires, billionaires doing this used.
Speaker 9: To yeah, problem, that was the problem. To Shart's point, that fight will and in the decision because even though anybody can get knocked I love but anybody can get knocked out, bro, he is not. He is not that guy that goes out there and puts people out.
Speaker 1: Against seven year old Shannon Sharp, he's knocking him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just saying, like I'm saying to Shannon starts point like.
Speaker 1: Point he's get knocked out, but he is. And even the way they get the boxing you're saying as a boxer is a little boring in the standpoint.
Speaker 4: If you don't like boxing the floor as in the defense and the point fight that you know he plays it, Yeah, then yeah, you're not gonna like his style because he doesn't he doesn't knock people out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean he still knock out Chanting. He would knock out Chanting, knocking out Sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm man, I'm definitely going with Shakar. I listened Channing Sharp, love him. Yeah, he's not. He doesn't want those problem. There's just no chance. There is one more. Yeah, if you want more, we got the ramp yeh.
Speaker 2: Three canvas ok, yeah, three cam they want to get ready.
Speaker 1: So this one could definitely be a publicity. It probably is.
Speaker 2: You could just play it Rampage wild and he is, by the way, since Kai retired for a step back. Sound this the actually talented people all respect Ky. He did a lot of amazing things. The talented people are actually taking over streaming. Like like I watch Ramping Rampage, Dean the Great you play according you know.
Speaker 1: I'm calling you out today.
Speaker 4: I'm calling you out this far.
Speaker 8: No, don't walk away.
Speaker 1: What do you mean what trouble for knocking his smile? I couldn't.
Speaker 10: So you're denying Wow, John Jones, Hey brother, but I'm back for you.
Speaker 8: This is just deny.
Speaker 1: I only take so much.
Speaker 2: This kid's actually funny that like that who kept sucking with me?
Speaker 1: No, No, I didn't throw him. Damn that motherfucker threw the ship out of me. Stop he was slipping. I was trying to stop him slipping. I was trying to stop him.
Speaker 2: That's the one I think is actually kind funny. I don't even know the kid's name, but I see his videos. He makes me laugh. Yep, But you think it's fake? Really probably fake? Yeah, looked like you said up twenty twenty six. Kids we grabbing people, throwing them mother wors like guns.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, even even if like it's still like you can press strigers like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like so some type of that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of people when they see those things and you see like the streamers out here doing those stuff, most of that stuff is it's a somewhat scripted to it, you know, like they know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They set up all that shit. All right, let's go to break, we'll come back. We're gonna talk pistons. Like, relax your crack heads. We can talk about something else for more than ten minutes, but we will be back and we will talk pistons. But first, let me tell you about Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness the home of judgment free zone where everybody, we mean everybody. You can get a full body work on thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. You got all that for just fifteen dollars a month. You can upgrade the black car and get you some mindies like hydro massage and total body enhancement and access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining club or online at planefitness dot com. Planet Fitness for your fitness is essential.
Speaker 3: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and space is Jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about pre fitness training and the judgment free zone that leads them feeling energize all day long.
Speaker 8: Joint Planted Fitness Today.
Speaker 11: With the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Jimi and Gibbs breakout season Floating.
Speaker 8: Saw the five Kits to the EXE touchdown.
Speaker 3: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: All day IPA make sure you check it out. It is a Michigan staple from Founders Brewing Company. You can find it an art and Jake's near you. On Monday, Wednesday and Sunday they got five dollars shorts, so make sure you go pick some up. All day IPA from Founders.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but up though, welcome back to whatever it's live. It's that Colm I'm easy to must have been more rex On, Chris, Jeff Walker, Gotto, Damon here as well, smashed like Budon, be friends with a friend and share the dream. I should have put a poll on like wich Piston's topic you want, because we got some stuff came out earlier today.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of juicy Piston stuff. Re pissed me off about the whole Jaien Duran stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you want to start happy, we got a Buka Baum last night.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, we could talk about that all day as well too. We also got maybe some MPG trade rumors. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just I should have did that poll, to be honest with you, but I didn't, So it's spinning.
Speaker 1: I refer to here. I would say we should start with the Wemby shit, because this is some of the craziest I mean, it's not that crazy, it is pretty crazy. He now hasn't gotten a bag yet, like a big, big bag. Yeah, it's it's a guy that is okay. So if you haven't heard per uh, some NBA reporter Brett Siegel or somebody like that. Not Brett Siegel. It's somebody actually credible. Uh, Victor, Yeah, Jake Fisher, there it is. Victor wembin Yama is open to taking less than the max to keep the Spurs as championship contenders, and he even put a tweet out there He's like San Antonio fans, San Antonio family, I'm here whatever it takes with a heart. So if you look at the NBA as it is right now, there is probably one player who is deserving of a Supermax contract, being the seven foot five Kevin Durant demigod in San Antonio and his Chris said in our chat, not only that, he's also Tom Brady and he's willing to take the pay cut so all of these great, young, talented guards that he has on his roster can stay there and they can win a championship. Huh man, that sounds awesome. I sure hope we didn't have a seven foot rim running big who barely made all NBA asking for forty five million dollars a year, while potentially the greatest basketball specimen ever created by God himself is saying, don't worry about the money. I want to win a championship. I'm here for the vibe, I'm here for the in San Antonio with those fat bitches and the churros.
Speaker 2: You got Jalen durn who tested the fucking market and.
Speaker 1: Nobody wanted you. Still throwing a fit yet to sign the Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 6: It's frustrating because to me, the dark part is frustrating because now I can only imagine what the hell Neil is gonna say. If Durhan's making more money than I.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But but if it were being he determined he's worthy to Neil, Hey, Neil, you love to compare the two, right, Oh, the struggles are the same, even though Wempy was in the fucking finals and Jaylen Duran was getting benched for Paul Reid. Well, if the struggles are same, then take the paint cut to buddy. Yeah, you've got the one that made the finals. See what are you gonna say? Down, Neil? Come on, I know you're on vacation, you're enjoying it with the family, all the pythons together. It's gonna be great. But now there's nothing you can say.
Speaker 6: What frustrates me is that this guy should have been ours, Like, that's what that That's the first thing that made my heart sink when I saw that was like, yeah, damn if my best player, this is no shot to k Cuham because look, this is what he's doing is unprecedented. And if you want to shift the focus, it's maybe less. It's maybe to me less about durn and more about kid because Kate is your leader. No, but no, but no, at the end of the day, I'm not saying any blame m caid at all, but I'm saying, like, man like to have your to have your guys set the tone this way, because I bet the way it's gonna come back around. Do you think all those guards are just gonna be like thanks, Max me out, buddy, Like, no, no, they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Take pay cuts. I'll take twenty five million. I'll take twenty five million. I'll that's what you can do. Like the four great young guards you can have, you can give them all twenty five million, and then Wemby's at fucking thirty five and boom and he's also doing us.
Speaker 2: You can rotate that Tobias Harris position, the old coming in stretching the floor like Tobya's gonna retired a couple of years. Yeah, they're gonna get another one because they can afford because Wmen's gonnake less money and yes it is a Jaalin during confercea beyondest because you he doesn't even deserve the contract that he wants. He's throwing a fucking fit about it yet to sign about it. Kate already signed. This is a new president, and this set from then on and then maybe Kate next time he signed his contract.
Speaker 1: I want to see it then that's but right now I'm gon gonna durn it with this shit.
Speaker 6: That's that's fair, and that's why I want to, like again to highlight that it is unprecedented. Why don't throw a blame mccaid because remember Lebron, like when he was building those super teams and stuff, he was all right, we're building a super team, but you're paying me every single penny you can. Like that was the rules, the terms, the conditions for every single super team. He built in Miami, he built in Cleveland, he built in LA. Only now at forty two years old, is this man taking a pay cut Lebron James? So like, this is not this is unprecedented for Wemby to say this before his first contract is even up.
Speaker 12: So I mean, man, it just it just frustrates me.
Speaker 6: Because he literally has every single intangible of being a being a great. Like it's not just it's not just he has this like you know, alien, it's the brain, man, it's the desire.
Speaker 1: It's working out with Tibetan monks and and keem Olajuwan in the offseason. It is learning how to walk correctly so you can stay healthy for a longer period of time. But it's seven foot five, Like, this guy is the the ultimate like athlete and competitor. And I don't want to glaze him too hard. But if you are what people are saying is the next chosen one of basketball, and you're being Tom Brady as well, like what the fuck, dude, that ship. This guy's gonna have more rigs than Bill Russell I career will. That's how you beat the aprons. That's how you keep super teams together is when the one guy on your team who truly deserves a three hundred million dollar contract is like, I'll take a third of it. Lebron did it with the heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, it's it's unfortunate because he's already hard to stop right now before.
Speaker 1: Jeff, before we get your thoughts on it? Phil, see you with the super chat He says, five bucks in there for Chris's house fun five dollars.
Speaker 2: And can I just say this real quick shout out to Phil Stephers in the super chow, Larry, love you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you watching the show, man, I really do. I don't know if you would like to dictate what we speak about on the show. You see what Phil just did? Yeah, there a.
Speaker 2: Little little little money on you stopped everything we were doing. Head address Phil, Right, you want to dictate, let's talk about on the show. Spend your money? Why I sit back, relax and.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the free entertainment.
Speaker 2: YEA, love you though, I appreciate you watching them. Let's let's quit the bitch. If I want it a bitch, I want to say home my wife, Oh oh fuck man, We're never gonna stop.
Speaker 4: I truly think that this is a situation where Wenby.
Speaker 1: Up in Texas, come listen. He sees.
Speaker 4: Sees the talent that is inside of the Spurs organization, and it goes, I want Dylan Harper here.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 4: Kate Cunningham is on the Detroit Pistons. Can you honestly blame him for taking a Max. Why should I have to Why should I have to to cut my money those three number when I have Jalen Durant all respected. Jalen Durant, you had a great regular season, but you didn't do anything in the playoffs. You're not a top five center in the NBA. Why should I cut money for you? Or why should I cut money for a star even though you're a defensive Player of the Year candidate? What do you bring me on the offensive side? I don't have any shooters around me. Why should I? Why should I cut money? Kate when he was signing that contract, he had no reason, no reason to cut money because there was no clear sight at all in this Pistons organization that he would even be here long term to even win. Yeah, So like, if you're him, you're gonna take that Max contract.
Speaker 2: Chris Chriss Star Flair with its.
Speaker 1: Star attacking cave from it.
Speaker 4: By the way, Kate signed that rookie Max and then he went out there and earned All Pro honors showtime.
Speaker 1: Kate three one three with the Super Chants wear the damn shirts right, got to wear the shirt. That's why san Antonio wears the shirts. Wenby saw them in those shirts, and he said, all right, you know, I'll take a cheap deal. Maybe if you wore the shirts, Jalen Duran would be signed. Maybe if you wore the shirts, they'd be willing to trade for a star. No, I'm just kidding, shot, nothing's on you guys. You guys are the best fans on the planet.
Speaker 2: Point in the fact that Jalen Brunson, he was the first to do it, really and this this new era of guys obviously lend back then that.
Speaker 1: It was after. It was after his first contract, but his first contract wasn't that big of one.
Speaker 4: And he was also like amazing bringing in his best friend since college.
Speaker 1: So it's true.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like you actually have eleven.
Speaker 1: Hurts us.
Speaker 4: Smoking weed friends from high school.
Speaker 2: Tell me, like wim beats saw that the guy took less money, literally beat him. And the other part about two is Wimby in the Spurs. We talked about before too. They were up in every single one of those finals games and.
Speaker 1: Just choked away. It felt like an experienced thing more than like they got best.
Speaker 2: Obviously they got best at the end of the day, yes, but it felt like they choked it away more than anything. Like they just needed to close this guy. He might he's run the league for six years straight. This is terrifying stuff to find out. And death the Dog says, No, I'm after the ones I gave you. Talking about the shirts, I born your shirt before.
Speaker 1: Man, and we're working on I'm working on. You already know my situation. I thought we only had the big one that he brought for the summertime. Chris brought a couple all the time. Yeah, well I got one for the first one the first sun.
Speaker 12: Damn near every Friday all today between the Rap Cave and History.
Speaker 1: Ye shout out out, shout out. Bring Scotty Holmes. I mean, if if that question goes through, I bet that won't sit well with Scotty Barnes. And you know him and Kate are boys, and that why she could change and he would be And I like, if we're talking, if we're talking about it with Scottie Barnes, that's a player you're moving. You're you're willing to move a star for I would rather bring well, obviously you'd rather keep it. Obviously you'd rather keep a SAR. But Toronto would start with Asar Thompson and that.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be a deal breaker for talking about you won't have this opportunity to kay Conny until twenty nine to thirty, which is mine.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't mind Kate getting his money. Get your money because you earned it. You earned it, you would Yeah, you were honest.
Speaker 1: It's not OK's gonna go up to We should be spinning this on kid at all. That's decades. We're talking about the two centers that are looking to get paid this offseason, one of them basically being basketball Jesus and the other one being Jalen duran I'll tell you what, Jayalen Durn's not the one take in the discount and no, no, and there's you know, get your money man, like you know, who knows if you get a second contract. But you're young enough to where you're probably gonna get another contract.
Speaker 4: After this, Yeah you are. And you're probably gonna get another max contract after.
Speaker 1: This as well. Stick is gonna blame kids.
Speaker 4: If you're Jalen Durham, why not takes thirty five over five?
Speaker 2: Well he has Jared seventy million dollars depending on everyone.
Speaker 1: Jared Golf, Jelan during O the fucking all right, let's go I'm sorry. Go let's go to break. We have another speculative's pissed off because he clicked for what we made a thumb nail the title. So that's fair. Yeah, that's fair, honey, Dick you enough. Coming up next, Michael Porter Junior's not happy in Brooklyn. But first tell us about water Hazard.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you about water Hazard. Water Hazard is the very first can vodka cocktail from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free, best served over ice with a slice of lemon. Preferably get fired on their cans at any Art and Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. We love artin Jakes, we love water Hazard. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 13: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Penny pancakes, Kirby picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 3: Fox his leg yesterday. Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here, Hon Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 14: Sports some days call for light, others lean, bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment.
Speaker 8: One's great two even better.
Speaker 1: Brood with you.
Speaker 14: And money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much. All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 3: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, Live Daily.
Speaker 8: Wind Stars.
Speaker 2: The y'all though I Center could get you hooked up and save you some money. If you go get your eyes fixed with Lasik. You don't have to spend any more money on contacts, on glasses, on lenses, just one time procedure that takes under eight minutes in most cases. Because these guys have been doing it for thirty years, over one hundred thousand surgeons in their back pocket, most people are seeing twenty twenty The very next day, Jeff, you shd over to Yalldoisner dot com SLAST sixteen ninety nine, get that laser guy sergery and fix your eyes.
Speaker 1: They y'all the Iceenter, y'all though y'all have been doing it.
Speaker 2: I remember like being the car driving to school in the all the icener was like thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like big big ship off. Oh for sure, legit. They've been in the game forever forever. Might Metro Metro Detroit staple, you old can in to be the Metro Detroit staple. My boy got robot eyes from y'all though, really, yeah you call him you call him robots Yeah, Schwitz, he's got the robot ice. The wait, hold on, what are they he got him like ten years ago? Are they actually like what do you why do you call him robot ice? They well, they just I mean how they shoot lasers in your eyes, okay, and it like fixes the receptors like by either something crazy. Yeah, I don't know, but insanet he got some robot eyes my granddad out of devil flore Yeah, it's way better for like, yo, no, you gotta go gain Yeah, yago.
Speaker 2: Again, that's why I need to help on the vote block. What's your gampa's name, n Johnny? Grandpa Johnny? All right, enough of the honey.
Speaker 1: Dicken, Yeah, Grandpa Johnny.
Speaker 2: Allegedly corner reports MPJ Michael Porter Jr. And the Nets can't come to a conclusion on a contract extension. This is his final year of his deal. He's making forty million dollars. Is twenty four percent of the salary cap available. Is this a move the pisses need to make. We talked about making this move the deadline last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, he didn't go anywhere. Yes, yes, Michael mean now me needing a lot of Michael not like you. If you can make this happen, you make It's Kevin Durant light and he has been proven to work on a championship winning team around a big, facilitating, low post guy like he was the number three two on that championship team in Denver. Him and Aaron Gordon were the de facto two or three Jam Murray. Well, yeah, so you gotta Quary Murray Corey kind of sounds the same, Uh, but no. Yeah, if you can get Michael Porter junior, you do it. And you don't go give four first round picks or whatever the hell they were asking for the deadline. You you low ball them.
Speaker 6: So this is actually the worst case scenario for the Detroit Pistons. He doesn't get a lot of money because no, because the Pistons, right now can't get him. There is mathematically no way the Pisses could get him outside of outside of sign and trading. But the report is that they're trading him before the season if they can't agree to contract extension.
Speaker 12: So this is the worst point is.
Speaker 1: So they would have to sign and trade Michael Porter Jr. For the Pistons to get him.
Speaker 6: No, they the pisson is the only way they can mathematically do it is by signing trading durry because if you look at their if you look at their cap sheet, now you look at their cap shoot. Now, the Pisses have Duncan Robinson making sixteen million, the next highest eligible trading salary, because you can't trade Collins. So it would be it would be excuse me, who is there? That would yeah, Ron Holland.
Speaker 1: So would you say something like Jalen Duran and Duncan Robinson for Nick Claxon and Michael Porter Junior.
Speaker 6: Would be something you could the bull the bulls? Who's the math Wise, that wouldn't work either.
Speaker 1: Who's there? Who's the well? Who's the net center? You got to get a big back from them if you're trading Durty, the don't have Oh we're disrespecting you. They don't have a center. I doubt that.
Speaker 6: No, they traded. They traded Nick Claxton. The three team traded got Juwis Randall. I guess Yrd center right now or Darren Sharp. Darren Sharp would be their But no, this is the worst case scenario for the Pisses because mathematically you have all right, so you have Holland and Duncan, right, they got for twenty four million. You can't you can't aggregate your trade exception. So remember they have that twenty million dollar trade exception. You can't use that plus salaries, so it has to be separate. So the way the Pisses could get Michael Porter is they have to hope that Michael Porter doesn't get traded before this, before this because also if he signs an extension, he cannot be traded this entire calendar year of the NBA season, no matter what they.
Speaker 1: Extend him to.
Speaker 6: If they extend him to a contract, you can't trade that player.
Speaker 1: For sign trade ward the sign trade.
Speaker 6: No, they can't because he's not a free agent right now. It's an extension, not a free agent signing.
Speaker 1: But they can still manage during They signed durn.
Speaker 6: See that would be the movies. They would have to use duran. That's the only mathematical way.
Speaker 2: And you know it's forty million. You got Ron making nine, yes, Duncan making fifteen.
Speaker 6: You can't trade Collins because you just acquired him via sign and trade.
Speaker 12: You can't trade you.
Speaker 6: You'd have to package like literally everybody else. But you can't even do that because you can't trade Javonte Green. You can't trade. I don't know if you could trade Toria Prince and Gary Harris, but they only make a combined six million, So like you can't. You can't get the money to get there.
Speaker 1: You can't. I'm just saying Dayron Sharp's per thirty six is seventeen thirteen, four and a half, two steals in a block.
Speaker 6: He was a baby pottery like he wasn't he wasn't demon in garbage game. Yeah, we don't have So it's not happening. It's it's not happening. But that's our franchise is to invest in. Like that's what was dumb ass. Franchise will take Jalen Durn. They've been looking for Jaylen Durn.
Speaker 1: They've been talking, they tried, they've been sniffing around Duran for a little while.
Speaker 7: Have it.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest, I don't think that was the Knicks. I wouldn't give up Jayalen Duran for Michael porterj No, because you can find MPG.
Speaker 1: You can't find Jalen Duran.
Speaker 4: You can find MPJ in Camp Johnson if you wanted to like look at yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: Jeff, Yes, Michael Porters way back. Yeah, you can't like that strike too week strike to this week.
Speaker 2: But look how much money he wants though, are you one more officer?
Speaker 4: One more of those takes the contract extension. He's got one year left, yes, and then so he wants his contract extended.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ship Bam out of Bio and Tyler Herro got into a physical altercation in Las Vegas and Friday Friday out of Bio struck Hero.
Speaker 1: No way, Tyler Heroes hurt. So he's available. Yeah, Tyler Herro standing on. I will take it into Tyler Hero.
Speaker 4: I would much rather have gone been talking that ship.
Speaker 1: Ship Bam walked up on it. Damn.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think the other part that matters too, because I think I would be I would entertain m PJ over Durren simply because I think he's a winning piece, and during you win games and.
Speaker 1: Get to the playoffs with them.
Speaker 2: I just don't see during as like the piece of complete Cador championships would be. Who are partying with it? But it depends on how much Michael Porter Junior is trying to sign it.
Speaker 1: And it's way easier to find a center who can rebound and defend the rim than it is a power forward who shoots forty three percent from three on seven attempts and can create his own shot the phone and can rebound and is a I think you put it perfectly, he's Katie like Katie. This is like a cheaper version of it. Actually team, not even team, because he's good, like Michael Porter junr. Is good, and you would ever you'd average twenty five a game playing with Kate Cunningham on his team. It would be disgusting. It would be gross.
Speaker 6: No, I'm all for it. It's just unfortunately he doesn't line up unless you lets you.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're saying that, like all of these moves and stuff, even with what the roster looks like now being marginally better, it feels like they've been building to something. No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the problem is is there anything as I think that a week ago, Trajan looked at the landscape and was like, all right, I have to AMML up for the trade deadline, and now you know this unfortunately kind of came out of nowhere. But I don't know, maybe they, maybe the Pisses aren't really that interested. I know they've been linked to him, but it doesn't seem like they ever like aggressively pursued him. Yeah, maybe tradition doesn't. For whatever reason, I would disagree with whatever his reason is. Michael being out on Porter.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, Michael Porter has been known to disappear at times. He has been known that when he was with Dever he did disappear and before after I know, they won a championship. But I'm saying it's not like he was the driving force behind it.
Speaker 1: He was a big reason. Honestly, I would say he was thirteen in the road to the championship.
Speaker 4: Would say he was the fourth option on that team. Yeah, I think Aaron, but he was.
Speaker 1: You could say he's the fourth best player because yeah, but he would be your second option. Yeah, scoring immediately would immediately bel would immediately be the best isolation scorer on your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think y'all look at too like and for the Jayalen During stuff like people all like, don't during gave you nothing the playoffs, but he can Obias and came win your games.
Speaker 1: This is a souped up Tobias, the young Tobias with a better shot, a longer guy too shot, but more.
Speaker 4: I think when I look at when I look at Jalen during, I do see that he is an unfinished product. Like we still there's still a lot more of his game that he has yet to unlock.
Speaker 1: Now true, of course, you know you have to see the unlocking of that. But he's only twenty two. He's he's only twenty two.
Speaker 2: He's how much more we're gonna see? We kind of know what this prototype is.
Speaker 1: I think we've seen but like during the regular season, and I know the regular season does not matter, but that's where you're seeing seeds get planning development. Why he was an All NBA player was because he unlocked his isolation scoring ability, whether it was taking people off the dribble or studying. You know, I saw I'm hitting step back jumpers and like not even that, but just a consistent sixteen foot jump shot and a couple dribble moves. At the top of the key where you're not useless at the top part of a pick and roll, and that would unlock so much for him offensively. Again, I do also subscribe to the factor that with the lack of shooting around them, the paints were so clogged against teams like the Magic and like Cleveland, it made it very hard for him to test those already questionable offensive skills that he was developing. But if he can get more confident with that, it is there. I do see it. It's just I don't know if it's mentally there. That's the biggest hurdle for me.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, by the way I looked it up, Aaron Gordon and Michael Port Junior both average thirteen and six in that finals.
Speaker 15: Run a much better defender. Yeah, but we don't need a defender playmaker, no argument, No, I'm if is looking to get rid of people.
Speaker 1: MPJ beancakes. MPJ is much more than a catch and shoot guy. Absolutely like go go watch his name from this year. All the points this year were basically off the trim and it was Brooklyn, it was Cam Thomas and MPJ run Iso ball. Yeah, Kem Thomas, I don't know if you know, but brother, he does not pass the ball like you have to dribble that ship. So but I do see he is very good at catching shooting too, though, which is a huge plus. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: But I do see the Jayla Duran of him getting better, like especially if he adds a mid range shot that we've seen a little bit and it's obviously there because he has he shoots a good clip from the free throw percentage. So like I think that a free throw, I mean, like a mid range jumper could be added to his game. That truly helps out this offense in Kate a lot as well, because now he's not just standing in the paint or only teams are not only looking to see him in the paint around the painted area to score. He can step out and hit that you know, mid range up hopeful.
Speaker 1: You're hopeful, No, I've seen you are. I mean we've seen it. We've seen it.
Speaker 4: So I mean, if he can, so each time, you know, you go to the offseason, you want to keep developing and enhancing those skills. If he enhances those skills even pass to what he just did, now you're looking at a way better Jandla Duran. You're looking at Jala during that can now score from the mid range.
Speaker 1: That's never been the number two in a championship team though never.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that I'm saying I'm saying that, though I know I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, brother, that you can get better? Are you help me win a championship?
Speaker 1: We've got win? Be taking a discount.
Speaker 2: You want the most money you can get, and I can't guarantee that you'll be the second best guy on my team while I'm paying you to be the second best guy.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 4: The money is one thing, but all the play.
Speaker 2: Himself to player himself. If we got my discount, would love it. But the money he wants to and the money's gonna make and you take you take him. If I would want more than just MPJ and that exchange, I'll say that, like give me, give me some assets or something, because I can't guarantee he's gonna sign and I'm always gonna sign four.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a lot of money. And if you're jailing Duran, you're number one. You're trade away five years of service for just one guarantee. Jalen Duran is gonna sign this contract. At the end of the day, he's going to sign this thirty he might not.
Speaker 1: He will, he might take he might take the bet on himself. It happens a lot. His agent would be doing him. His agent has already thrown vice. But and then you you you tie in.
Speaker 4: The fact is that they're going to end up assigning signing sar to around you know, that thirty to thirty five million dollar contract as well when the cap goes up. Now you look at the Pistons and they're in a way better spot because now they have two players that are you know, making under forty million, and then you have Kate and you could add another piece onto that. It's not just you know, necessarily per se like them going in from Michael Porter Junior and then he wants to get paid you know, forty five million dollars as well. It's a little bit different now you have your your money is differently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your money's definitely tied up. That's the one thing is the contracts wouldn't max or wouldn't match, and he wouldn't be able to get paid as much as he did, which I don't think he he's gonna make that either. I don't think Michael Porter Junior is gonna make forty million dollars on his next contract. He already got the roll at that dice didn't live up to it like, and he has the injury problems that is there too.
Speaker 6: So in this, in this, in this cap climate where we're seeing people squeezed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every nobody's giving Michael Porter Junior unless you want to play for the nets, and he obviously doesn't want to. And this is someone banging my fist on table. You gotta go do it, You gotta go do it, you gotta go do it. I just think go sniff around.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, it's definitely where situation with contract being involved, and you have to give it a dinner like that.
Speaker 1: So let me let me commit it.
Speaker 6: What I what I understand would be the perfect scenario for the Pisses to acquire them. It would have to be past December fifteenth, when all the contracts are eligible for trade. You then have guys like Kevin Hurder that can be packaged along with Ron holland Dunket Robinson. You might not even have to package Junkie Robinson. They're really the key here would be for the Pistons for Trajan to use that trade that trade exception, I believe it's anywhere from fifteen to twenty million. I gotta double check what it is. But but use that get a player that just fills that salary.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it just fills that salary.
Speaker 6: Because then if you get it, if you get a player right now that with a trade exception that's literally just contract space, that's contract space, you can then use that as an aggregate in the trade for MPJ. So you could essentially get the trade exception player which is making fifteen to twenty million plus Kevin Herder plus Roden Holland gets you MPJ. You don't have to touch Duncan Robinson in that trade.
Speaker 1: Would I look at the biggest part of this, like you said, Chris, that they said, like the NET said that they want to trade him before the season if they can't extend him. Nobody's going to trade for Michael Porter Junior on a forty million dollar contract with a back injury expiring expiring for what they expect to get from I would be very surprised if they moved Michael Porter Junior before the season without taking a very very low offer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think that's the Key there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, one from Karris, one from Stu, fifteen from Stu, fourteen point eight from Karris.
Speaker 12: Okay, So that's twenty nine in total.
Speaker 6: So go get twenty nine plays million dollars worth of salary that you can aggregate in trades. That's gonna make you a lot easier to move on trader like that would be my advice. But we got to remember that the same discussion we're having here about how like this isn't the right time for the Pissons to trade. That's every team free agency just happens. So like like you were saying, Spencer, like every team has players now that they can't trade till December fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's gonna be a hard It's gonna be a hard time for them to find a place for Michael Porter Jr. It is just postraing. I think I would be very surprised if they got a deal with him done, getting a return that they would accept. Like, the only way I can see them getting a deal done before the season starts is if they're just like, fuck it, we want to get rid of him. We'll take a small player in some second.
Speaker 4: Round picks, and then the team is also gonna have to you know, MPJ and the team that he is traded too, are gonna have to come to terms on a contract extension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before that trade even takes And that's another Yeah, that's another risk of it for the team trading for him. It's like, you know, we don't we don't want to. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think the Pistons are better off in a spot now where you just wait until the deadline. You wait until the trade deadline, because then you're gonna have more options to trade for. Like Tyler Hero is definitely gonna be available at the trade down l he's done his last year. Unless Milwaukee is actually planning on building around them long term, which I don't think that is a case, then you're gonna have an MPJ to you know, at the trade dem.
Speaker 1: I think with Tyler Herro, what Milwaukee wants is to sell a ship ton of jerseys for a year and then get him out of there. They can. They want him the ball on a team where he is, and you can get Tyler Herro at the deadline, you trade all of the you know, the Garrris, the Torrian Princess, all those guards that you just brought in, you get them all in a first round pick to my or to Milwaukee for Tyler Herro at the deadline boom.
Speaker 6: And for the record, I'm good with the one year. I'm good with the one year rental. Like obviously you want him on a team Fredly deal, but like we saw it work with Toronto with Kawhi, like you know like that. I know, I know heroes, not Kawhi. Hear me out. But what I'm saying is like I'm okay with I'm okay with the risk of acquiring and expiring CONTs.
Speaker 1: I agree because you're not gonna have to give up that much. You gotta give it. You get burned on Tyler Herrow for a first round whatever this market is. Yeah, we got a couple of super chets and then we got a non super chat that's really good that I want to read in there. Got Dante's from earlier.
Speaker 2: Uh he says, uh Durrant or as one called him, Duran to screw himself worally Durren is becoming the bad guy with Wimby's becoming the good guy in the NBA. That's a spot on take facts Durren's made himself look like an asshole. Look at himself looked like that. I mean, you still tell you what.
Speaker 1: You want to do? Stopping. No, no, no, it's Durrant. Bro Durn agent speaks for him. If Durren wanted to sign with the Pistons for thirty five million dollars, he would be signed with the Pistons for thirty five million dollars. Uh Luigi gaming with the super Chats says, why is Jeff so brick for Durrant? He's in his d MS. I don't know ship. I just see.
Speaker 4: I just see the talent that he has, and he can.
Speaker 1: But you can't pay for ship that you could see. You pay for ship you could touch. Pause don cute.
Speaker 2: That's why I say with them, asked me to pay for something you mine.
Speaker 1: With the super chat, he says, funny how every player is a perfect fit. I mean every player that can score. Yeah, I mean, if you if you've if you got a three four that can get his own bucket and shoots a high percentage from three, yeah, that's a perfect fit. And on pretty much all these guys have.
Speaker 2: Been yeah, trying to make fun of it being a perfect fit. Brother, we got second round lest Yeah, like their needs there. This team needs not once, not not us what this team needs another player, this team they get to stretch the floor, place within at offense.
Speaker 1: It's just what do we doing? Yeah, it would be great fit. All right, let's go to break. Uh, we'll come back. We'll keep talking pistons because we do have tangible pistons that we could talk about because I Buco Cory made his NBA debut last night in the Summer League, and I thought he looked damn good, but some other players might not have. So we'll break down the Piston Summer League game and what happened against Philly. But first we gotta double up, I believe. So tell us about mortgage real quick, real quick, because we do got what the three minutes quick? Yeah? So chl Larry.
Speaker 2: Larry is if your boss promised you money the year before by saying, all you have to do is prove yourself and then you wouldn't wait and then you do it, wouldn't you be mad if you didn't get paid.
Speaker 1: He's being offered. He got offered the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got offered more money than he was offered the previous year. He was offered that money.
Speaker 1: He has offered the fair amount of money that he proved he was worth. And then he's the boss. The boss was even cool.
Speaker 2: The boss was like, you know what, you think you'll be better, Like, we'll match you know't go see who's willing to pay you more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we'll match you there and nobody else is willing to do it. Yeah, Sacramento, Sacramento wasn't willing to pay by mommy even post if you would have had one other team in the NBA, one other team in the NBA, say, Jalen durn, I believe you are worth that much money. You would be making it for the Pistons right now, but you didn't. And so is that on the big bad Pistons or is that on your own failure in the playoffs? And then what did he want the hundred million doc contract to begin the season last year? Right? It was twenty five millionar Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he went he wanted thirty thirty beginning the season, lesson is offered.
Speaker 12: Allegedly it was.
Speaker 1: Thirty in the beginning of the season. Yes, I think he wanted that. He wanted he wanted thirty. Oh, I think it was either he wanted. I remember we did the show and it was it came out saying he wanted between thirty and forty million at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 5: I think the questions offered him twenty five.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: He wasn't worth that then, dude. And he wasn't even fucking nowhere's sniffing that. I thought it was twenty four or.
Speaker 6: He knew exactly what he was going to do. He wanted the regular season and flill out in the playoffs. All right, let's let's get a break. Let's get a break. Jeff tell us about mortgage I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you about Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 4: Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros and One Mortgage Broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Choy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 1: Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 6: And what goes good with employment Pizza Pizza Buddies Pizza Home with the original Detroit Style Pizza. After a long day's work, go ahead and get you some buddies. They don't just got pizza, though, they got bread. They got they got cheese, bread, they got all sorts of salads, beatballs, wings, you name it, they got it. Buddy's Pizza Home with the original Detroit Style Pizza. And you can save ten percent on all that with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddiespizza dot com. Check it out.
Speaker 3: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season one. You'll get NonStop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 9: Prive Energy pouches give me the energy and clarity to find and beat the ship out of every opportunity that shows face.
Speaker 4: So you can do back on shit, create the way we can flash like swinging.
Speaker 2: Get your head shot point dead stop sixteen Prime Energy pouches are for the people who actually want to win, not for the cry babies out there who are happy with the participational book.
Speaker 1: There's zero showing, so give thriving trucks.
Speaker 3: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: We're excited to welcome Icon Auto Repair and Collision to the Woodbard Sports family. If you've been in an accident or the vehicle needs repair, make sure you trust a team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision. With three convenient Metro Detroit locations and Madson Heights, Shelby Township and Pontiac They've got you covered. They offer free car owners and even offer you to pay the deductible dame. It's an icon Audo dot com, that's Icon Auto dot Com. It's the icon you can count on.
Speaker 12: Just a home.
Speaker 6: After you fix your car, purchase a home, call the guys at Supreme Money, Chatt and Chris.
Speaker 1: Their numbers are on the screen today. You can get five hundred dollars off your appraisal just by mentioning Willward Sports.
Speaker 12: They also got zero.
Speaker 6: Percent doub payment programs and they don't waste your money and they save your time. Make sure you're tapped in with the boys at Supreme Lending.
Speaker 1: Check it out and real quick before we get into the summer League. Shout out to you guys, welcome back. Whatward happy way. It's five to sevens Meemo, Reax, be easy, Hame and Chris. Make sure you smash that lug button and share the stream. But I see somebody in there first of all, Jermaine Royster. You got me there. You guys are the champs. Can't say anything about that, but we did beat you four times buy an average of thirty this year, so you got lucky. You ducked us in the playoffs. Where was shit? Where was this chip? For a do it effortless eighty three ninety six? He says, stop being cheap. Either you believe in Duran or not. If you don't believe in him, sign and trade him. Get this over with. Uh No, man, that's not how the NBA works anymore. Brother. You have too much at stake with these aprons. If you go over the apron for the wrong person, it will criminally destroy your franchise. Man, you cannot just throw out forty million dollars, willy nilly, Not anymore. You used to be able to get away with it. Sure you can add another one, you can go over the tax with the owner elite that anyways. No, the Aprons will destroy your team if you go into them with the wrong players. You can't just say, oh, we like him, We're gonna give him forty million. Not anymore. That's how the league was. Mike Conley was getting one hundred and twenty million dollar contracts. Not anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean the Boston Celtics had to get rid of Jalen Jaylen Brown for the reason that these Aprons were that serious they were. They had to find a way to clear up the catch space to actually have a team, and Brown was the calesier team or that, because you can't have two players making over three hundred million dollars on the same team.
Speaker 12: They literally had an MVP candidate last year. And then they said, you know what, we have to get rid of the ships.
Speaker 2: If you want to get paid paid, I gotta know what you're gonna be, not hope, what you're gonna be, Yes, you gotta touch it.
Speaker 6: That's why I feel like that thirty thirty five tenth best center in the NBA.
Speaker 12: Like as far as contract goes, that feels fair.
Speaker 6: Like that feels because there's a boom or bust to it, Like he could be he could end up being the twentieth best playoffs center, or he could be the or he could be, you know, like a top five center in the NBA.
Speaker 12: Like he looked for stretches during the regular season.
Speaker 6: So I think that right now it's a very fair contract for Jalen during I think he should take it. I think he will take it.
Speaker 1: I don't see him doing the yes too man, because he's gonna he's gonna take thirty five million dollars a year. Spare me if I don't feel bad for guy making thirty five million dollars a year. But and then at the end of that contract, when he's I don't know, twenty five, twenty six years old, he'll if he is truly worth it and he truly develops and he becomes this demi god type bill, then he'll make forty million dollars a year. Do what comes back to the finder's take, This is my point. Looks bad. It looks bad.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be doing as that chief team kay kennyem got paid. Yeah, I k they were. They weren't cheap with Kunny and they pay k Cunny handsomely. I know, I because Kate Cunym fucking deserved it. K Cunym earned it. Nobody's looking at the pissos of their cheap asses. But that's that's smart management. I wouldn't want to because nobody want to fucking pay John Drt anyway.
Speaker 1: He's not looking cheap man. He's not worth the money he gave Kate a little sprinkle on top of that too. I mean what it's other teams is available restricted free agent. You can offer Jalen Durton.
Speaker 2: You can pay Jalen Durn, we can sign trade for Jalen durn Nobody wants to do it because it's not worth that money.
Speaker 1: It's not hard, it's not a bad look. See what it is. The market dictates it. You couldn't even sign and trade him. Teams weren't willing to. Now.
Speaker 4: I think he's getting horrible advice from his his whole team, like the not thinking that this is market value and this is what you're going to earn, and this is the best that you're gonna earn from.
Speaker 2: Any of you think Wimby's team was like Womby, you should take less. Womby's I want to take less.
Speaker 1: You can't. You're doing that way too much. Like he's a part of his team. It's on him. It comes down to, it's on him, and especially.
Speaker 6: Now, like I honestly would be shocked if this deal isn't done in the next coming days here because look, the Pistons made their moves, like their numbers are set, like that's it. We have this range of money we can offer you, and you know what, maybe like if if you really, if you really hate this contractor and if you really think you're underpaid, that take the qualifying offer or negotiate shorter term, say hey, I want to do two or three years of instead of uh, instead of five. I think the pisses would probably do that because the pisses aren't fully confident in paying you max money, because they would have offered it to you if they could, so I.
Speaker 1: Think that anybody would have. Yeah, yeah, I think that it's.
Speaker 6: A scenario where look, Jalen Dring, there are multiple ways out. You should get it done. Because now the pisses have made their moves. We we know that they're pretty much inactive for the rest of the for the rest of the offseason, or at least we expect right now. Yeah, given their financial situations, you know the range you can offer. Let's just let's just get this done, or or just man up and take the qualifying offer and roll and see what it rolls with.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna sign the deal. I think so too. It would be. I think it would be. I think it would be dumb.
Speaker 12: Not too, I think so too.
Speaker 6: I think, like you said, the perfect point is that you are twenty five, twenty six, and if you want to hold this grudge for four years, fall out, yeah and then and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then go sign the Lakers for the king so much and to the point of like the relationship getting worse. I saw some comment shot to you guys, but like it's because you're not mature enough to understand you aren't worth that money. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Like we've they you're allowed to shop yourself, dude, Nobody wanted to pay you that goddamn money.
Speaker 1: Savant made, says low balling JD, but don't want to trade him. Is why free agents don't come to Detroit it's somebody else has to want the fucking guy. I don't understand, guys, what part of that are you understanding? To sign him, then he had to trade for him. He was restricted free agent, and yeah, we could have matched. It should have matched, would have matched probably, but it was out he was out there. You could have offered him a offer sheet. No one did it.
Speaker 12: No one did it.
Speaker 1: So every single GM in literally literally every single GM in the NBA has it out for Jalen durt That's what you're testing, you guys in the chatter telling us is that every single GM in the NBA is like, he's the one that we're gonna low ball.
Speaker 2: Then you have to get something worth value back, like the bonus what I've done it Sure, sure, just.
Speaker 1: Because I didn't want to lose Durham for nothing. But is it something you want it? No? No, no, And it's okay, like not everybody is a MAX player in this league. He's not cake on yet. It's pretty much clear and simple. Shout.
Speaker 2: The DNA says, if hating on a player to do fucking better in the playoffs that makes a player leave, than okay.
Speaker 1: If, like I said, if Duran went went out there and was putting up twenty and twenty in the playoffs a couple of games, he would have got forty million, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 4: I would have got the buddy didn't said they could have gave you.
Speaker 1: But he did not. Unfortunately, I wish he did. I wish we were sitting here saying we just signed the best young center in the NBA to a max contract. He's gonna be a piston for life. Look at what they did in the playoffs. They're only gonna get better. Unfortunately that ship didn't happen.
Speaker 4: We'd be NBA champions. Yes, yes, we'd be the NBA champions.
Speaker 1: If he was putting up twenty and twenty, we probably would be tell him and he got like cool taking Durham bag.
Speaker 2: I got still like during this team is just like you gotta know you're worth, shut your mouth and know your role with as a Rock would say.
Speaker 6: And again, man, you can like you can hold this as a grudge in three to four years from now if you really feel like you got disrespected as a man, that go ahead, walk out. But like Jayalen Duran, take the money, like just take it man, or.
Speaker 1: Take the qualifying offer and then or better on yourself if you don't think thirty five is.
Speaker 2: Enough, finete, says the Celtics looked at what Darren want and said, fuck that, we're going to.
Speaker 1: He had two meetings with the Lakers, two meetings and then they signed Walker Kessler for three. He was looking for too much money from any team in the NBA. That's why he didn't get an offer sheet.
Speaker 2: And I think if Walker Kestler had k Cunny and he'd be thirteen NBA as well and the Lakers.
Speaker 1: I thought that the day I felt dirty about it. I asked whatever people like, No, that's fair.
Speaker 6: The Lakers also said, you know what, not only doing Walt Walker Kessler, but here are all our draft capital too. Here's here you go, you tah. That's how much they didn't want Jalen Duran at the end of the day. So it's the market that was playing. This isn't something that This isn't something that the pisses are villains for, Like the pissons have expressed the entire time that they want Jalen during back. Yeah, so I don't think that Jalen Duran has a right to be pissed at the Pistols at all.
Speaker 1: It's the entire NBA now, it's it's there. There is absolutely no reason for him to be upset with the Pistons being more than there. He is absolutely he and he he even said he literally told him, we will match anything anybody's willing to pay you. So if you find somebody, one person, one single person in the world willing to pay you more money than I am, we will pay you that amount of money. He couldn't. End of story. It's not the Pistons are big bad, it's you are worth what someone will pay you and any profession I saw DNC say, that's not how worse these days. That's house.
Speaker 2: He's got a Lakers because the Pistons were this is about the pay and then they had up Dancy to forty six million.
Speaker 1: Let's go to break, let's reset, We'll come that positive stuff, positive stuff, positive, super fucking positive stuff.
Speaker 4: Show we're saying, I know, we're saying coming back from break, we're saying, we're saying, we're going straight slapping mode.
Speaker 1: His name is Abuka. Let me tell you about mad Packs. Go to getmadpacks dot com to find a store near you carrying the best product in the game. They've got the two hundred milligram hash Rosin gummies and the High Low two hundred milligram live resin, as well as their mad pack extracts. The Blue Knight is my personal favorite. Go to getmadpacks dot com to find it near you, Mad Flavor, mad High mad Packs.
Speaker 3: And gives breakout season floatings to the Woodward Sports, the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 16: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that.
Speaker 16: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it to me, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 13: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared god touchdowns, I'm and Roth first downs, Ny Pancakes, Kirmy picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Yes, Jay locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 2: Artin Jakes, Ladies Gump is my spot. I'm gonna be there for the UFC fights tomorrow and the NFL season. I'm there as well when I don't have to do the watch prize, of course. And I'm there because they got the best food in the biz, all right. They got the greyst deals as well to twenty two beers on tap, ninety menu items, fan favorites, Absolute best Fine, Donny Flavor of sports Bars, singing Arton Jakes, we.
Speaker 1: Got a super chat in there from Ricky BP from the day Listen. We might not agree in all you know walks of this chat, but I do respect all you guys from being in here, and it's sports. You're not gonna agree, but this is his words. This is not my word. Shout out. He say for easy spent, easy spending, I got you, STU. Patrols are useless gooners. Durren cost himself money. Just because you're eligible for a MAX does not mean you earned it. No team is paying him that STFU. So that was That was Ricky VP from the d's words again, but also thank you, Ricky, but thank you. You're right.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I don't want to be that. I don't want to be the asshole every time. I really don't, and then our opinions we could be wrong. But pretty damn sort of this one. I mean, the NBA GM's feel the same way.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I feel I feel good aligning with all NBA gms.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we got it right, yeah collectively. I mean, the only think that scares me is that Sacramento is on our side too. Well, Sacramento kind of not.
Speaker 2: They entertained it, they just couldn't do it without trading anyone. And we didn't want fucking sibonus on a forty six million dollars contract.
Speaker 1: They were like, nah, what was good?
Speaker 2: We also except what they offered. Oh they didn't even offer them though, you're right, but they could afford them.
Speaker 1: Tell us, tell us what we did. Listen, man, Listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: I haven't been this excited about a Detroit Pistons prospect.
Speaker 1: Since Kate Cunny.
Speaker 2: I'm being dead ass. And then you go and watch Abukah Corey in this game last night. I had to go home watching an NBA TV because we're digging around here trying to get it set up and everything like that. But he also delivered you everything that was promised, everything that you bought him for. You're invested in him for the draft, pick and trade enough to get him. That's what you saw on the floor last night. That's just the smooth handles, clean, not turn the ball over. I think last night the coaches there are like, we need you to play point guard. By the way, only one year playing point He's a shooting guard in high school. Only one year playing point guard. Like that's why they're forcing it in summer League. He showed you he can do it playmaking. And then when he's like fuck this, I'm going to that right hand, Oh my god, oh Mike, he's better than Jaden Ivy and Jady Ivy's a fifth overall pick. This class was insane.
Speaker 1: He's a lot more skilled. I'm not gonna book and knocking down the three because this lead to it. They was what two for five? Yeah, last night he was the you know, the acc point leader last year. His stocks last night, Yeah, the guy gets buckets. He they talked about, you know, his active hands in passing lanes, which was on his scouting report as well. But he talked about himself being disruptive and wanting to be a player that could be disruptive defensively, which he felt he did. And yeah, it is the summer league, but it's good to see him go out there. And you saw the skills that were advertised be too much for the summer league to handle, which is what you need. The speed was there finishing amongst the trees. I know it's summer league. Those guys are still six eight seven feet tall that he's finishing around. And there were a couple of tough buckets that he hit in the lane that I really liked. The way he was getting defenders on his hip, probing, getting contact. These are all things that you didn't have and not a single person on your roster outside of Kate Cunningham could do last year, So it was impressive to see that he's got obvious continue to show that. And I agree with you, Easy. I think the Pistons coaching staff said, could he go out there and drop forty if he just shot the ball thirty times like Darius Acuff did, No shade, that's my guy. I want him to be better. But yeah, he could have, but they wanted to see how he would do running the show, because he's going to be running the show off of the bench for the Pistons. And as Easy pointed out, the handle was tight. There were a few turnovers, he was making the right decision and I loved the things I saw from him. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: It was the control that he played with, the way that he had a feel for the game, and we know that very well in Detroit because almost nobody in the NBA does that better than k kut him. And he showed a shade of a shade of that of feeling when to pick his spots, being passive in the first half at least in terms of shooting, and then kind of forcing the issue in the second half. So I thought that he was great decision making. I thought his discipline just was great. He was making all of the reason he was doing the right things. He was putting him on the hip. He was sprayed it out to the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Was he was dropping it off to the big who didn't have hands.
Speaker 1: Like he was a couple of times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you could have had double looks like yeah, he could.
Speaker 1: Off the dribble.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, anybody else step back, yes, like this. I'm excited, man, I'm excited. Yes, like you said, it great easy. It's everything that was showcase on the tape was confirmed. Like, that's what I That's what I loved about.
Speaker 6: The creativity, the finishing at the rim, the smoothness of the step back, the gathering the handle. It was all very It was all very good. The discipline. I love where where his head's at. Like I mean, the fact that he came in and in his press conference one of the things he highlighted was that I don't turn the ball over. That's very un That's very rare for a for an eighteen year old kid to come up there and not say, oh yeah, I feel like I could I could score at the next level. I feel like I can help you at the He said, no, I will take care of the ball at the next level. That was really impressive to the defense. The defense man, I just I'm jump lanes steels. It's very hard not to buy into it because I want to, like I want to just go all in and say that this guy is offensively the Robin Decaide one day.
Speaker 1: But I think you impressed me.
Speaker 2: Is like Spinica the thirteen and a half points per game this year every thirteen three.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's true. It is true. I remember get it right and a point two. You could come back to fight. I think you could do it. I think I think you could do it.
Speaker 2: I think it's gould be given every opportunity to do so. Like Dannis is probably sweat and watching that bitch.
Speaker 12: Danis doesn't play with that controller.
Speaker 1: No, the control, the poise, And like I said, what stood out to me the most on his tape, which is what stood out to me the most on k Cunningham's tape as well, is the NBA level shot making the in the lane with three people around you, still getting the layup up and in the leaner to the left, hitting it off your foot, the pump, fake reset like that stuff. That's how you get buckets in the league. In college anybody can run and dunk, anybody can hit open threes, you can get out in transition. It's a lot sloppier in the NBA, specifically in the playoffs. Tough buckets, ugly buckets, contested buckets. That's how you win games. And that's what he did at an extremely high level. And I know, again it's just the summer league, but he was doing it at this level too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a learning curve as he enters the true NBA season, but he's going to end up in fourth quarters closing the game with Kate Gunning, Yes, And they're gonna start to do that right away because this kid, he has a special talent of putting the ball inside the bucket. Like when I looked at his game, one of the things that stood out to me was the way he split defenders.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't just two, it was three.
Speaker 4: He'd get past the original guy, which is it's hard to stay in front of someone that is that quick and can move within the pocket of the defense and just that little tryum comfortably comfortably with a great handle and not out of control.
Speaker 1: Control is one thing.
Speaker 4: He pushes the ball past the defenders and then literally just goes out and gets it. Just literally I'm faster, I'll get to that spot before you, and then I'm gonna finish with the layer.
Speaker 2: And then the thing too, is like I'm just thinking about like we gotta sorry, We're like we're hoping he can shoot. We hope we could do this ron he can develop into this Like this is literally early about Yes, you know everything you invested into he showcased. It's one summer league game, it is, but you will my goal out there for my rookies when I want you to look like you don't belong, Yes, and I feel you did for the most part, especially in his first game nineteen years old, twenty points.
Speaker 1: And he could have had more and going in and going in the chest to fuck you trade, just stacking efficient bucket getters like he is building the light side of the force against this this this awful brand of basketball that's taking over the league. And even in him Abuka like obviously he's not gonna get the calls right away, but coming off the bench as a first round draft pick leading the second unit, you'll get a better call than some people. And he can draw fouts and they were picking up full court yes, at least when we were watching here. Can't stand in front of him. I don't know. I really like him, and we talked about in the end of playoff games last year Danis was out there closing the game out because because Usar or I mean, because Duncan Robinson, you know, is getting hunted and things like that. I'm watching it right now, man, Abuka, if he's the one finishing game, I don't know if it's gonna happen this year, but that's what we talked about when they drafted him, is he's gonna be the one out there finishing with kid because he can make shots. Because if the pick and roll with Cad doesn't break down and the shooters in the corner are covered, you kick it to Abuka and he will make something out of nothing with six seconds left on the shot clock. I rewatching him right now, man, I can't. I can't sta even the second Sariy jumped ahead of it, the guy's guard we saying, that's exactly what I'm talking about, defenders finishing in traffic contested shots. It was. It was extremely impressive. You'll want to turn on look that he wanted to the humble guy can't try thumb ass stupid game bucket dude.
Speaker 6: He is. And the and the crazy part too, is the NBA more than probably any other sport. Now granted there's position, there's some positions within other sports, but like the NBA in general is the league where you could come in and you can like be that guy right away, like like for sure, you know, like the NFL, you know you got stuff. But yeah, I mean kN Kupple came in last year just fucking but like I didn't see that coming at all. Like this kid has all its making and I'm starting the NBA Sentil rumor right now. I'm gonna I'm starting that NBA Sentil rumor right now. He grew two inches.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, came into camp.
Speaker 2: The one thing I'll say, just because I'm watching right now too, and this is I'm just trying to find something to say, let's see it from the left side.
Speaker 1: Now, you know every day was right there the right saying let's see him from the left side. But you can want confidence, you can do tape. Yeah, he's got the left hand, he left, don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: He got a left But one thing I'm gonna say is last year, you've seen multiple rookies come in and make their impact.
Speaker 1: VJ.
Speaker 4: Edgecombe, Cooper, Flag, You've seen con Now, not all of those guys went into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I know VJ.
Speaker 4: Edgecomb did, but multiple of those rookies were over fifteen points per game.
Speaker 1: And Abuka he will have that role where he can achieve that. We broke it down many.
Speaker 4: You said that you know he might not start, which I don't think he will. I don't think he will start all season.
Speaker 1: I think he'll finish when it comes down. He's going to.
Speaker 4: Finish the fourth quarter with Kate gunning in because he.
Speaker 1: Guys don't forget he was a shooting guard before.
Speaker 4: And you have to look at the tape of what you've seen in the summer league. There was a couple of plays where he was off ball and then they ended up passing it to him. He then pump baked, made the guy jump up in the air, dribbled in step back for the three. Ye hit it like what you need alongside kid Cunning.
Speaker 1: Nobody do that.
Speaker 4: They were doubling him at half court. They were doubling Kate at half court. You're not gonna be.
Speaker 1: Able to do that with and if you double yeah, if you double Kid, that just gives him so much more space, let alone being one on one with a defender, but giving more space to work and could find his way to the basket. Well, you've got two guys on cade on in in the front court, like with the shooters with the shooter.
Speaker 6: Again, like watching that tape, imagine that, you know, instead of dumping off to no disrespect.
Speaker 12: I don't even know who it was. Instead of dumping off, just grab it and stand there.
Speaker 6: You're dump You're dumping off to Jalen Duran, who was the best finisher in the NBA at the Rim last season. Shoot he's seventy percent in the restricted area. Like, imagine you have you have that as your dump off option. As a BUKA, he is only going to be amplified by the talent around him.
Speaker 1: If John Collins can actually shoot forty from three on like three four attempts a game, the spacing the Pistons have next year will be discussed so much. Bag you will at all times next year have at least two forty three point shooters on the floor. Yeah, because Isaiah Kid's crying right now, Like that is the one thing though, tration did a good job because like Torrian Prince is a forty percent three point shooter two on four attempts the past two years.
Speaker 4: And that's the guy coming off the bench at yeah, eight and nine, and that's.
Speaker 1: All you need. Yeah, you don't need your your eighth bench guy to put up six shots, you know.
Speaker 6: So Yeah, man, Like I said, this team is regular season proof. We know it's we know it's flaws for the for the for the playoffs, but for the regular season, this team's gonna go out there. They're gonna punch people in the mouth, They're gonna hit it up now. They're gonna be able to hit threes. Last year they were beating you without even shooting threes. This team, this team is going to be regular season good. And again we're gonna see e Laite from Kay cutting him. I'm very confident we need when you're John Collins to be our tough guy.
Speaker 4: You're gonna see a kid that hast dark as hard Like I look at the shooting around this this Pistons team now and I see a reason why there's no reason why Kate wouldn't be able to average twelve assist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he if he chooses. No, I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree because like you know, like you're passing it to Isaiah Joe, like bro is probably gonna make that shot, especially when he's wide over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like I just.
Speaker 2: For the listeners too, Like I'm mister, like throw the cold water on ship. I'm saying like Ny saying Derek Moore seven eight sacks like three.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not doing that ship. I'm like, I want to see it first. I got to see And that's the hype is worthy. Kids a bucket, Kids a bucket. We're gonna go to break, We're gonna come back. We're gonna talk about Chris's boyfriend. We're gonna talk about some of it. Or do we doing? We'll talk about we got one more pistons topic, then we'll get the lions. Uh tell us tell us Chaz on the sheet. Somebody put the somebody put the chat that he's that he is fat. He is not fat. You take that back a weak I'll tell you about Listen.
Speaker 4: Most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid.
Speaker 1: But you you know better.
Speaker 4: It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This isn't your daddy's dip. It's a tobacco free, nicotine free, mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and LT nine, No jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code w s N for fifteen percent off your entire order and exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive clean energy, zero distractions. They just fing work.
Speaker 3: Some more Detroit Tires coverage. Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tires on YouTube. Old Tires all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports. It's game on.
Speaker 6: At artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to wall TV's great.
Speaker 1: Service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 3: We don't like to bre We are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have.
Speaker 1: A guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 3: Woodwind Sports.
Speaker 1: Loom dot com. Find a Loom near you and get thirty percent off using promo code WSN thirty. Grab some of their new buzzing energy seven and a half milligrams the t AC one hundred milligrams of caffeine. They're delicious and they keep it going, so make sure you check it out. Go to Loom dot com find one near you. Loom Kenny, what if they're welcome.
Speaker 2: Bike to every wights Live at sports dot com East. You wants to be moll Rex. You own Chris Jeffs Skywalker on the budget?
Speaker 1: Do you have you? Everyone buy that? I know you're big Star Wars guy. You had to? Yeah? Yeah? Is there your gamer tag? Uh? It's my Twitch handle. Okay, you got Twitch?
Speaker 4: Tell people Jay underscore Skywalker.
Speaker 1: There you go, gos up hop on the Shames, Jeff, Uh, it's a minus streaming.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I actually they had a little bit of motion on Twitch, but I stopped. Should pick that back up ring? Have time? Like you confirmed me a busy guy? All right? How do you know you had his out because he crashed out in our group chat. Call him mounted up. He dropped the people's elbow from the top of it on everyone. What's the uh? Never mind, keep going anyway, I got.
Speaker 2: Some lion stuff. If you guys want the lion stuff chat, we keep glazing the BUCA.
Speaker 1: There was also a second round pick out there, guyes today. We want to talk about you. Two second round picks. Actually, yeah, you know, I will say this to you. Who's the second one? Oh, we're not talking about Chance. Look, Chris, he looked bad. It's complicated. He still got faith that he's making the team. I'm disappointed in Chancelay. I mean, you was missing open three.
Speaker 8: This is the guy.
Speaker 1: Indeed, you cannot miss open threes at all.
Speaker 4: He was a guy in the G League that he was actually lighting it up in three. I thought that would translate into the Summer League.
Speaker 1: Boy, was I wrong? You were wrong?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: But it's just one game. Yeah, maybe about thirty next game. Speaking of not mixing three, you see axel Oh he's yeah, he did it again. Yeah, three in a row. He's shooting like sixty five percent from three in the Summer League.
Speaker 2: I felt like a jackass, like like kind of throwing a fit about that one, because when I was so mad about not getting the X the night that we drafted Buka, I didn't allow myself to enjoy it at all. I was like, he's a guy, he's a guy, whatever, because I had my heart said on the Axe, I'm like, the piss is gonna get up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Tobias replacement right there. But they did it him and mores Johnson bullet ball, And then I want to tell myself, maybe Axe is gonna be that.
Speaker 12: Sweet, like he's gonna be fucking I'm happy right now?
Speaker 1: Why are you happy because of bat? Still? Yeah, for sure you could have got both. Really you want is trying to get one of these stars.
Speaker 4: A BOOKA is better well not, I wouldn't say, but he has a better.
Speaker 1: He's more skilled. Yeah, he's only nineteen. The floor for him he has, he has a higher ceiling. But yax Will looked pretty good in his first that is fair. We do have to take into a fact that guy's twenty six ready. Johnny's fair, I don't. I just like the fit of like what we needed as before signed to him or would have been great on this team. And they both looked really.
Speaker 2: Good to watch Morena play against talking more like he he was just he's too big, he's too strong.
Speaker 1: He was also knocking down shots like Peter this draft classic. But Peterson he had fucking eight turnovers and nine five Oh my god, yeah eight turnovers. Yeah. See, he's like someone to me that has to be set up.
Speaker 2: There's only been like four players or Bomber, as much we kill Jeff for here this week, for that, uh, as much as I killed Jeff early this week for the killing and stuff.
Speaker 1: Bomber compared Peterson.
Speaker 2: To Kobe this week. And I didn't want to want put your stuff out there like that. You did that on stream if you were there for the for the draft watch party. Then he said it on stream and ill.
Speaker 1: I just like Chris, No, it's a joke. It's a joke. But yeah, Peterson and the Bonza they both looked. I mean you saw it with both of them. But they also didn't play good games. Not efficient. Yeah, with a cuff he's like six or twenty.
Speaker 2: It's so it's so wild sometimes like and we've we've been victims of it too, like Ron Holland an example of that too. But like like the top of the NBA draft sometimes will be like the potential picks. I'm saying, like Ron Ivy maybe even two. We're like, you can have this is a great, great, great, great, great great great fucking draft too, But like, you went too far with Ivy with potential.
Speaker 1: There was hype behind Ivy.
Speaker 2: I didn't want people to understand why the took my five was like, okay, this could be something special.
Speaker 1: There was never a chance for him to be an All Star, and yeah.
Speaker 2: There was, Jeff, I wish I knew you back then. I guarantee you saying them for sure, that's way too.
Speaker 1: Far, Jeff, I didn't. I actually was very angry at the Pistons picking. So it was easy. Easy said Troy Weaver is not stupid enough to draft Jade and Ivy, and he got fired, got.
Speaker 13: War.
Speaker 1: Actually I'm still at wore something I literally saw somebody today say, like when they were taking somebody said Buka like Piston's Twitter is awful, and somebody said he looks just like him, bro like doing a vague post, vague post king but he was talking about Jade and Ivy, and somebody in the comments said, no, not Ivy, he was special. What the fuck is wrong with you, guys. Man.
Speaker 4: At most, Ivy was gonna be a guy on this team that averaged twenty points and was able to create a little bit offside cunning him when when he was healthy before her and he took a dive into game.
Speaker 1: Buka's game is much more fine. It's it's much better for the modern NBA than Jade and Ivy's game. It is always wild. He was always he was. He was out of control a lot. But I can't know this guy literally, he was a star. I was like, bro, you gotta stop man. The guy's not dead, he's just out of the league. Like he wasn't got fired, he got fired. Buka showed us everything we needed from a first Summer League games. Wells, I agree, I agree it was shot. Answer called that pick. Shoutout as did call the pick? Want exactly give me Cory is a great call, great call, And like I said, I like the kid. I I really really like players that play like like that type like that type of ball is very pure hoops, it's pure like that's like Kyrie is one of my favorite players ever, Like I always loved like Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant like that type of bucket getting. It's it's fun to watch, man.
Speaker 2: It's like uh, I said, it's pure hoops. It's like Lebron great team five on five player. Yeah, Kobe saying like kill yeah, he will mur chop you fucking down by the I'm saying like.
Speaker 1: That's the type of style Corey's bringing. It's cool to have on this team. And since fuck, I mean Kate can do it. Fucking he don't got the micro Finny Johnson, he can't do it.
Speaker 4: But it's more of like with Kate, it's like he wants to get the teammates involved.
Speaker 1: He wants to be Yeah, no, he's player. He's a Lebron Bill the point guard. Yeah, like that's what he is. He's a point guard. And you know some people out there to tell you today he's not I don't know, under saying.
Speaker 4: Insane work for someone to averages ten assists per game.
Speaker 1: He's a point guard, buddy, and I did like to see. Also, again, I know it's summer league, but these are still some of them obviously actually twenty six plus. There are some some older guys who like they're not all nineteen. A lot of them are fully matured bodies, big six seven, two hundred and something pound bodies, and he wasn't getting pushed around. He was playing good defense, he wasn't getting pushed off too many blocks that he shouldn't have. So I like to see him looking physically there as well.
Speaker 4: Some of these guys are G League players that have been in the G League for at least three or four years, and they're, you know, kind of basically getting a shot to go out there and make an NBA roster or earn a two way contract. So yeah, I mean it, he's playing against experienced guys as well. Like and I like Chris, I know I brought up to you and in chat, but like I look at Cameron Carr, another guy that you know, we wanted the pissiness to get and he's balling, and it's like when you look at what they're doing and they're doing efficiently, that matters.
Speaker 1: Who could did it efficiently? John R says, you don't know ball Ivy was him until that cousin dove into his tibia.
Speaker 12: He was not.
Speaker 1: I mean, it definitely hurt his trajectory, but he was in no way him. But he wasn't him. He was like the Detroit Pisses at their all time worst record. Fucking ever, why do we still don't understand it? It drives me crazy excuse making for this guy.
Speaker 2: He's gone and you're still fucking strattled up to those things were we doing?
Speaker 6: Let me say this, it comes to when it comes to Ivy, I hate yes and we hate col Anthey. That was a very unfortunate situation. But the fact that that was the catalyst for the spiral that we saw. I mean, look, he was playing regular season basketball. Like we're having all these questions about Jalen Duran's mental like would you not be worried, like did Ivy not showcase clearly and inability to overcome adversity?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, in the mental aspect, In the mental aspect that that is true. He was mad at his teammates for fucking host dude like player hater of the year. Did you like it? Did it feel good? Was worth cheating on your wife? What he's talking about? There's only a couple married guys on the kind of narrows it down. A lot of them are young and single. And he's gone. Now is it twice? I don't want to cast anybody is coming back we'll speaking of shame, we do it now, we'll come back. I see we're up against it.
Speaker 2: But do you have a summer league crush that you did fall for and they end up flopping? Who's that guy in throughout the Hiss history, you call you your kid?
Speaker 1: I got on all right, let's get to him. We get back feist. Tell us about anesia amnesia. If you see me in the streets, you know I got the switch on me. And this one's got two in the chambers. The switch from amnesa Amnesia is the innovation the vape game needed two flavors of liquid diamonds in a single device. You press the button, you hit one, You press the button, you hit the other one. You pressed the button again, you hit them both at the same time. Find a disc boone near you. They've got amnesia. It's all over the place. Ask for the amnesia switch.
Speaker 3: We don't like to brag, and we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 1: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 3: Woodward Sports a ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live dailym.
Speaker 2: Gold Crowns Royal Jesters had me. I was another planet earlier. Hey, these things are different, all right. There are four times quad and fuse tc A liquid diamonds Keith coated. They're They're phenomenal. Make sure check them out next time you spencry. Don't think, just ask for the Royal Gesters one and a half Grahams of Greatness.
Speaker 17: You welcome back to say with the heavywds? Is it on the Woodwinds sports dot Com? I asked before they break, who is the guy you fell for that in the Summer League? He said, this guy he's going to be a guy.
Speaker 1: This must be him. Was it Henri La Song? Was it a Stanley Johnson? I have too. One of them is Henry Allinson? He was bald. Yeah, I was this. We got Mini Dirk. This guy is fucking nuts. He's gonna be our power forward. It's gonna be awesome. No, it wasn't. Wasn't Bill like that. Henry Allenson had me. And the other one was Austin Day. I thought Austin I thought Austin Day. I thought he watched. I was like, oh, man, like this guy, he's gonna perfectly fill in. He's Tasha on two point zero, he's got the wetter, he's big, he's tall, he's got he's got good defense and smarts. Like I thought Austin Day was gonna be a perfect fit into the NBA.
Speaker 12: Austin Day watched so Kevin Durant could run.
Speaker 1: That is what they say. Henry Allenson and Austin Day were my.
Speaker 6: Two biggest mine mine would honestly like the person that I feel like had the highest potential. They still worked out to be a fine NBA player. But I thought like k CT was gonna be one of the best guards in the league. He was lighting up summerly. I thought he was going to be like your you know, like you're literally your franchise, like quarter Stoke. But yeah, Henry Allison was obvious what he was just going to stupid. I thought Stocket a lot of a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be fair, we were younger than too, like we were like kind of kids, and a lot of those dumb ass takes.
Speaker 1: Some of you in the chat pay mortgages. You got relaxed lit shit and I'm sham with the super chat real quick. Sorry, he says as a Christian adjacent believer, we need more atheist athletes in sports. As you ruined my pits. Let's not bring the lord into this one. It was not his fault. It's not his fault. Yeah, I think that was all those guys. Awesome day.
Speaker 2: Stanley Johnson The funked Up Part two is like Stanley Johnson is again kids. I would take him in two K and I was fucking he was my point guard, and that would be a bowling ball on the paint and just.
Speaker 1: Kicking out some shooters and fucking balling Stanley Johns, Stanley Johnson Johnson. That was That's realistic.
Speaker 12: Believe Stanley was only was one of them For me too, that was really up there.
Speaker 6: I said that before the break another guy that it was a summer league, but a player that I just like really bought into because I was super young, was a like I thought he was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Fucking five. I used to be jealous. I used to be jealous of.
Speaker 12: I love that guy for sure.
Speaker 1: He was a good veteran guard. I mean, Chris couldn't even talk yet.
Speaker 6: Actually, actually, my uncle who lives in Houston, he was like amazed because I started watching the Pisses during the playoff run where they won the championship, The first game I watched was the was a half court shot from Billups that we lost.
Speaker 12: And then fast forward the next year.
Speaker 6: Dude, I knew like everything about the Houston Rockets, like t Mac and all that, and he was like, he was like, holy ship, like you're not just a pisses fan. You're watching everything. I don't know how, it's just like I would. I went all into NBA. So I was already projecting like Aaron a Flower is like the next like the next superstar.
Speaker 2: That is the one thing that's grown up as a sports fans, like you have like family, and she'd be like, how do you know all this? And to you, it's because you're like don't you yeah, pick.
Speaker 1: It up along the way was impressed by like my aunts and uncle, like even some of my uncles and like my mom and s how do you know all of these numbers? I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's a good that's a good one to Peyton Siva, So I remember somebody who who I who?
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 6: I wasn't cool with them, but he was like he was like a big he was a big u of m slappy and so he showed one. He showed one, Uh Trey Burke like pinned him against the glass Painte Siva in the championship and then Payne Siva actually copped it back on him. He's like, yeah, I remember my championship break too.
Speaker 1: I got to take him back. Though most I can't remember it that anymore. He doesn't have one.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a recent guy that I thought was gonna have.
Speaker 1: I forgot a good a good jump for you, buddy, A.
Speaker 4: Good jump in his second year in the NBA, and I thought it was Ron. I thought he was gonna be a lot more efficient from three, given the fact that in that summer league he actually shot the ball. Welcome to and he actually showed like some actual skill that you're on. I'm not out on him, but I just thought we would see a lot more of him in this you know that last season that just got ended and we didn't.
Speaker 1: I was really really disappointed that he didn't get run in the playoffs. Yes, I'm not out on him, though I still think he can. He's not going to be a star or anything. That might be my worst take ever, but I think, uh, I he's got so much potential to at least be a very effective NBA player.
Speaker 6: This is goal one of two ways, because the fact I see him in summer league in short, so I'm like, I'm like, this is going one of either he's gonna either he's gonna take a leap where he's gonna crash the fun out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sham's bomb, says d n T or DNC d d T. Let's see. Uh fake money on.
Speaker 4: A five year, two hundred and fifty two million dollar maximum rookie scale contract for the San Antonio Spurs Victor Wamanyama.
Speaker 1: Five year, two fifty d two. Look, he already signed it today.
Speaker 6: Ye, Darren wanted five years to eighty seven. No way get out with the full max that Darren was. It does have a fifth Uh was the first tea?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh yeah yeah? So wait, so what was the Jeff?
Speaker 6: You may know this because I don't remember this offhand, Like I know, like obviously getting all fifty per Yeah.
Speaker 1: He just came out there and said, yeah, I'll take a pay cut. But I don't know. Maybe he did this person that's the same kind of Lebrono. It's still pay cup and he still got paid.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know how it works because it's like you know, during made you know, third team, Webby made first team, so I don't know. Plus he won an award, so I think that he actually could have qualified for more than.
Speaker 1: Three hundred million. Yeah, for sure, he could have got the super duper max right like Giannis And then look, I gotta refresh how that works.
Speaker 4: Honestly, how much is Caid making because Caid made those same just not the award, but ca had they signed before he got the All Pro Like I know, but even though you signed before, if you if you achieved that during that contract, you get those numbers, your your your your contract then goes up to those numbers.
Speaker 1: Wemby could have made over three hundred and three million, okay, because he won Defensive Player of the Year and his first team All NBA, So he could have got over three hundred million.
Speaker 12: So he took fifty million dollars discovers.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a significant discuss.
Speaker 4: That is a significant He's getting paid less than kid wow.
Speaker 1: So even though he made two hundred and fifty million dollars, it's still a pretty significant discount. It's paid money, please money please.
Speaker 4: Kate is a five year like I said, with the with the ability because he did it reached the All NBA first team level, it goes up to two hundred and sixty nine million dollars rookie extension. Okay, so that's what Kaye's contract is. And wow, Victor Willy Damas is two hundred and fifty two million good for five years now. It does include the player option in the fifth year. You know he's gonna opt out and then go play with Kike Cunning and Detroit.
Speaker 2: Despite some people comparing the two and their playoff Jeff struggles, no one has a problem victim make a fifty million dollars. No one's blinking and eye questioning. He didn't have to go and test the fucking market. And in fact, he took seventy You should have made like sixty five a year.
Speaker 6: And that's not all the money. The San Antonio's first saved this week we're in. Here is the side by. Oh well, here's the backstory. First, Oh, what the fuck? The Spurs broadcaster. The Spurs broadcaster got fired from his job when his girlfriend posted this. This wasn't him, Spencer. You want to do the honor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says this is my girlfriend of six years, but I cheated on her with Lauren Waters at Lauren Waters. So feel free to continue following me if you really think I'm a good guy, because I'm not.
Speaker 6: And now here's the side by side. Okay, wow, the left is his girlfriend. Way what a mistake? What what a mistake? He had to be in love?
Speaker 1: That's crazy? No, way crazy confirmed because she's his girlfriend. By the way, this is Lindy Water's sister. That's got to be Lendy Water's older sister.
Speaker 12: He's like in Hollywood. She's like a filmmaker or.
Speaker 1: Something for an event. The girlfriends still roll. Did you did you guys try to be a start because his girlfriend's way hotter. I'm pretty sure he got fired. Yeah he did. That's crazy, and you get fired for getting pussy. Just you just can't. You just can't fucking that's that's not kbooss. Guy's always cheat down. Yeah, I mean that's more often than that. Lebron didn't. Uh, let's allegedly let's go. I hate the guy's name, but the fag on the play mail bag when we come back, tell us about the ship.
Speaker 2: Sucked up with a piece of ship. You don't funk up. Where you can't funk up is by visiting massage chair. How with my guy doctor the other reasonable roads to go Duncan holding it down the corner of over Long Lake Road. He has the number one massage here of Utue because he hosts the largest massage here showroom this side of the Mississippi.
Speaker 1: Stop in tell me to say what up? But he can't make it out there again?
Speaker 2: You can visit my mine it makes you suscribe to his YouTube Channece Massage chairhouse dot com.
Speaker 13: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits, and You're Lions are on the prow Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Tom and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about fre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month, a.
Speaker 3: Ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live Daily pot.
Speaker 2: What up though, Welcome to Word of Why It's library sports Psychologist used to join by some more action, Chris you them, Jeff, Sorry, guys, I'm we gotta thune know right now, It's time for the mail bag chugment.
Speaker 1: Get your questions and mail bag, mailbag, mail bag. We got some mail bags in there. Let's see, let's see, let's see done yet, Way to go chat No DNC and says WEHMBA. Yama decided on the twenty five percent maximum instead of the thirty percent super Mac Supermax.
Speaker 7: Escalat SUPERMC super Supermax Jesus Supermax super Max Escalator Supermax. That's a tough one super Max Escalator to three oh three million escalator escalator after the week, super Max Escalators to three hundred three million. After he did, the Spurs went through multiple frameworks, a major decision for the All NBA Star and Defensive Player of the Year. So yeah, three hundred three million is what he could have made, but he settled for two fifty settled for two hundred and fifty million dollars, just.
Speaker 1: Like Dyala Durrk could settle for one hundred and seventy million.
Speaker 2: We took one hundred million dollar pa cup fifty fifty fifty.
Speaker 1: Million dollar take one. That is pretty big, uh, Steve O Baby mail Bag Spencer. Do you think Abuko will play this year? I think him and k will be a good pair. Absolutely, He's gonna be a big factor of what they do. Super Mac better than Big Mac. You heard a cript back and Big Mac. Now welcome to supermc Return of the mac U xavir D mail Bag. When's the next Woodward at the movies? I want to hear about the honesty. The honesty will probably be the next one. We're definitely gonna do Dune. Yeah. If Anne Hathaway is pregnant in there, you guys better stay away from me during that movie. Phil C mail bag is the new Whopper as good as the old Whopper? At Burger King?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't the Whopper is it deserves its respect? I didn't know there was a change. No, I'll have to go two years ago. It was really good. It shout out to mcpauline and she hooked up the McDonald's. If you're ever in Royal Oak, make sure you check out the McDonald's at eleven in Maine that has a playplace. It's got a play place. If you got the kids. Just make sure the last place with the play Katrina says Spencer, Katrina, what did I say? I say something? He said, the.
Speaker 3: Men cheat down.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't say that. Don't cheat. Guys don't cheat. She said, Lebron did it. Lebron didn't shet down. His girl was fine. His wife is gorgeous, though. Ye shout out to Savannah, but I mean, let's not kidd our Celsie. Let's all The adult mail bag from Will I Am says, uh, Canabuka Corey truly be a number two? What I saw from his performance, it feels right. Do you agree? I think eventually not next year, but in a couple of years there's a good shot he could be the second best scoring option on a championship contender. I'm not gonna lie. You gave me PTSD if about Holland, but I didn't say scoring option. Yeah fair because it was never gonna be that. It was gonna be all around with Ron Howard. But I don't know if he could be the second best player on a championship team. That would be like Kyrie Irving upside, which I mean, I guess his ceilingist of ceilings is Kyrie Irving. But I would say I would comfort I would be comfortable hopefully with him being the second best scoring option on a championship contender in a in a couple of years.
Speaker 6: I've I fullheartedly backed that. I believe that is a that is a realistic possibility.
Speaker 1: That is that is ceiling though that cling. Like I said, I think a realistic ceiling for him is Lou Williams is a guy that will come off the bench, He'll light you up for twenty and that is an important piece to a team for sure. But if he could become Kyrie Holy I.
Speaker 2: Don't really have comps for him. I just know he's gonna be a solid scoring piece for the Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 6: Not solid good good look, I mean the way this Pisson team operates, and I think Kate individually operates, I think he look Obviously, I'm never gonna say no to a twenty point per game score. But I think Kate likes to have a lot of people involved, and he you know, I feel like the championship version of Kate Kyneham will feature multiple people scoring double digits. I mean that's how the Piss has won most of their games. Is remember they'd have five, six, even seven guys get double figures in a game. That's the type of way that Kate Kyneham likes to play. So and you don't need like a thirty point per game score.
Speaker 1: Jeff and Denver Blair in the chat, I know your sentiment and I know what you're saying, he says, right, just like twenty two, give during time, it's a Buka is nineteen. Give him time. I'm running out of time. You're not running out of time. Kate Cunningham is younger than Yaxel Londonborg. Like it's it's not like Cade's twenty eight. Like you, you're not running out of time. We're not. We have a lot of time, although we wanted to, you know, come on, but it's not like it's not like if it doesn't happen in two years, it's never gonna happen. With Kate Cunningham and Sar Thompson, they're very young players.
Speaker 4: Bobby Marks came out and put a post on Twitter about the Victor contract.
Speaker 1: Talking to the Mic young Blood shout out Bobby Mark.
Speaker 4: So the difference in year one person he got the twenty five percent max instead of the thirty percent max. So in year one he'll be making forty three point five million instead of the fifty two point two million. So he's making forty forty five forty three and a half instead of fifty two point two.
Speaker 1: So during negotiation, Yeah, to Dylan Duran, you have absolutely okay, it's ebers now eighteen million, Jalen Durran. No literally seriously, like Jalen Durran officially has no legs to stand on. In this offer sheet, you have Victor Webbin Yama, arguably the best player in the NBA, making forty three million dollars a year. Thirty five sounds pretty good for Jalen Duran. And I know that it's different scenarios and Wemby's got his off court stuff where he makes a lot of money so he can afford to do this. But this is the fact with the NBA, if you want to win a championship, you're going to have to do things like this. Look at Jalen Brunson. He took the pay cut Knicks win a championship with Victor Wembanyama, first Team All NBA Defensive Player of the Year eligible for three hundred and three million dollars. Takes a fifty million dollars a year pay cut to win a championship. If you are Jalen Duran and you're sitting across the table from Trajan Langdon realistically saying I deserve more money per year than Victor Wembanyama, You're not winning that argument, and thirty plus other gms agree. So right now, you don't got a leg to stand on. Brother.
Speaker 4: I tell you what for, Jalen Duran. You want to you want you want to extra five million?
Speaker 1: Here, here's what we'll do.
Speaker 4: Cage Cunningham's coming out with his own signare issue will make you a Cage Signature athlete and you can just.
Speaker 1: Have CA do you find me, We'll play. It's a damn tree Jalen.
Speaker 4: Dur that by the way, he made you know some of his teammates and no guys around the league Steph Curry athletes.
Speaker 1: But seriously, seriously, like this is now it's done right, it has to be done.
Speaker 6: It had like its signed. A contracion has to be made within the coming days. Here, like contracts, there's just nothing left to prove. Like the Pistons made their moves, so there's no arguing over cap space or any of that.
Speaker 1: You know the exact number that the Pistons have to operate with. And so now it's and it's not the big bad Pistons that it's painting painted out to be. Trajan Langdon told Jalen Duran, if you can get more money from anybody on planet Earth, we will match it. He couldn't. And now Wemby's making forty three million dollars a year, thirty five sounds like an overpay it that.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I guarantee you. The San Antonio's first. We're not letting Victor Wembiamo. I mean even Sniff RFA no like he not even Sniff.
Speaker 1: And the Pistons wouldn't have either. That's the thing the Pistons were gonna match. If the basketball world thought Jalen Duran was worth that much money, he would be getting that much money right now. But he's not. All right, that'll do it for us today. I appreciate you tapping in. Make sure you smash that like button for Easy, for Jeff, for Chris. I am Spencer. We're the heavyweights and we'll see guys on Monday. Peace,