Speaker 1: Thanks searching in to another episode of Gank That Drank, a supernatural drinking game podcast. Want to skip those ads and get early access, Become a member at true story dot fm, slash join and discover all the other great parts that come with it. Hello, and welcome to Gang A supermo it's got all over my microphone.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was you this time.
Speaker 1: It was me the time. A supernatural drinking game podcast. It's the podcast where we make up drinking game rules and play along to our favorite episodes of our favorite shows Supernatural. We recap the episode for you, We discuss the episode with you, We tell you how the drinking game rules played out, and then we tell you what's up for next time.
Speaker 2: Boom. That's what we do. And sometimes then then we got cool bonus content at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got cool content. If you remember, tonight we're going to be discussing. We're gonna have a recommendation corner. We're going to talk about things to watch, thanks to read, things to listen to that we've been enjoying lately. So if you're into that, become a member.
Speaker 2: Baby Bam, do it. But who are we.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm Chrissy lenz One of the directors at the Neighborhood Comedy Theater in downtown Mace, Arizona.
Speaker 2: That is awesome because I am Nate McCord, a performer and teacher at the Neighborhood Comedy Theater in downtown Mesa, Arizona. Chrissy, it's so nice to be here with you.
Speaker 1: It is so nice to be back on the chuck wagon.
Speaker 2: On that we are back on the chuck wagon. Before we get onto the chuck wagon, I just I posit this question to you. I thought about saving it for bonus content, okay, but I'm going to posit this question to you. Would Dean, specifically Dean be in favor of drinking a beer out of a skinny can?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, Dean wouldn't drink a beer out of if that's the only beer that there is. Dean will drink beer out of a skinny can, but he won't like it.
Speaker 2: I only say this because I cracked open a dose Eki's here and they're neither cans are now skinny cans as most of the you know, people are going to that technically is actually anyway for many reasons, But there's still this like in my brain, this disconnect drinking a beer out of a skinny can. Even though they're not the first ones to do it, Corona has done it for a long time. Madela or Ultra ye Like, yeah, Michael Vultra is a skinny I mean I don't drink Michela Bultru. I. So like, there's this like just disconnecting my brain because normally when I drink a skinny can, I'm expecting it to be like a Seltzer or yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm drinking white claw right now out of a sin game.
Speaker 2: Yes, And so as I took my first sip of this dosecis its just my brain like kind of broke for half a second and I was like, I was like, that's not the taste that should come out of this shaped vessel. Then it needs to be shorter and fatter, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like a real like a man's can.
Speaker 2: I'm not I am not gendering they can't. I then just pot I just then wonder would Dean I like would love to see a scene of Dean drinking either like a white claw or a beer out of a white claw shaped cam where he then like looks at it.
Speaker 1: Like and would complain, Yeah, he would not do it.
Speaker 2: Right Anyway, that's a weird place to get off on, but it is. It is a drinking game show.
Speaker 1: It is, and we we do the drinking, we talk about the drinking.
Speaker 2: Or the drinking. Let's launch into tonight's episode. Then, while on that note, we are talking, like you said, like you brought up the Chuck wagon, we are still just rolling along talking Chuck episodes. And this this one, boy, it is a I mean it is. It is the Chuck episode. Basically, it is his showdown with Amara. We are talking season eleven, episode twenty two, the two hundred and fortieth episode of Supernatural, the one hundredth episode to feature demons of Supernatural on Supernatural. Okay, aired, Yeah, I know, it's look, we're we're crossing all sorts of milestones here. It aired May eighteenth, twenty sixteen, a time much happier than our own, but not much happier, just a little happier. Written by Robert Barns and directed by John Badam. Yeah, that is what we're talking tonight. It's a good one. It's a great episode, and we have some drinking game rules they.
Speaker 1: Are thusly Okay, lay it on me.
Speaker 2: Lucifer acting like a petulant juvenile or a petulantly or juvenile just being a big old kid. Take a drink. Anytime we see some pie charts, I can't I can't wait to just get into those. Anytime anytime we're talking about the end of the world. At the end of the world is mentioned or discussed, that one is obviously intended to be a heavy hitter because the whole dang episode's kind of about it. But you know, at true discretion, take a drink for some therapy talk.
Speaker 1: Therapy talk, we're.
Speaker 2: Drinking every time we yeah talking about that. I was literally singing the Supernatural, your Supernatural theme song right before we came. We need to just record that and make that our intro. I think, yeah, I still remember most of the words. Kind of a heart so long ago. It's probably like close to ten years ago we did that. It really is. I shudder saying that Oceans eleven sequence. Anytime we get on Oceans eleven sequence, which I hope was pretty obvious, it was okay cool because I loved it. Anytime Rowena insults Sam m hm our big, finish your drink or take a shot is for the mug kick. Okay, take a drink for a witch attack. Although I if you're just now, if you didn't listen to the you know ahead the time, and you didn't know the rules, and you're gonna pause and then watch the show, go ahead and add on a drink for an angel attack, a demon attack, and a Lucifer attack. Just why not, Okay, in there, add it on, add it all in there, attack them on if you want. I realized I probably should have done that as I was watching. Again, Uh, take a drink for some some Jedi amara anytime we get some good Jedi amara going on, And then we're taking drinks for BM scenes.
Speaker 1: Which I forgot about. So I think that my account's going to be way off of on that one, because for some reason, I just like that one was at the bottom of my list. I just kept forgetting to watch for it.
Speaker 2: There aren't too many. I thought there were gonna I thought there were going to be a lot more, and and I and so, yeah, we'll talk about it at the end. Uh, yeah, them's the rules. And then I want to talk at the end about a rule I think I should have put in that I normally do, but I really should have for this one. For some reason, didn't, So are you ready to get into it?
Speaker 1: Chrisy oh, I'm ready, teddy good because.
Speaker 2: The episode literally just gets into it. There's no then we're picking up from the instant the previous episode All in the Family left off, which is a Lucifer and God seeing and meeting for the first time. And this is obviously where we get some good Lucifer being.
Speaker 1: So petulant, so petulant.
Speaker 2: Lucifer petulance is an interesting phrase that sounds like a like a heavy metal album. Lucifer petulance sounds like a Godsmack album. All right, uh.
Speaker 1: Sosha Misha is so good, like we've already said, he's so good at doing his like impression of Mark Belgreno as Lucifer, but when he is being especially petulant, it's even better. It's like, how is he not nominated for an Emmy for this?
Speaker 2: Because correct because it's on the CW Like, it's the the way his eyes like he's like everything just a tone when he's being like super sarcastic, like, it's so he's so good. It's his range as cast is incredible, and it is always fun when they do give him a break from the Growley voice. Yeah, makes the most of it. He makes the most of every time they release him from the growley cast voice that he accidentally stuck himself with. Yeah, So I good moment here. Where were you? Well, it's a long story. Chuck being Chucks as usual. Uh and and basically like I can't give you what you want. We have a stare down and yeah, it's a it's a fun little you're not gonna say it. Screw you, screw all of you. And that's where we get like a little bit of cast. Like I feel like cast came through in that moment too, you know, like he got a little growley. And then it's a supernatural what cut too loud rock music being played from a bedroom. Lucifer, come out of there. You gotta come talk to you God, your dad please. No, I'm not coming out of my room until and Sammy's like, it's my room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that my room.
Speaker 2: I'm not coming out to this. He's ready to, you know, like again some more Lucifer petulant juvenile behavior. Uh yeah, so oh yeah, and then we get so I should have made pop culture reference of a dang rule, because boy, there's.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a rule on the next episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and I'm like, we do it all the time, so I felt like I needed a break, but this episode deserved it. This is the worst house full episode of full House, Dean says, as Lucifer is locking himself in the room, we cut to Crowley, who is I was saying the unfortunate line that he wants to make Hell great again, which eleven years later or nine years however many years later we are now nine years later feels.
Speaker 1: He feels like a billion years.
Speaker 2: Feels so, so anyway, boy, Hell is great. He's trying to get the demons to like, you know, overthrow Lucifer because he's been cast out and made to lick floors, and the demons all just like chuckle at him, and they're like, nah, we're not we we're not doing this. We're not on board. You're doing the same thing. So this is where we see charts. I love the arts screwn about the table. What do you think is on those pie charts?
Speaker 1: I think it's Crowley's idea of customer satisfaction because you know, we learned this in the episode season seven, Time for a Wedding that he's all about customer satisfaction and integrity in the industry. So I think he's all about improving his stats.
Speaker 2: And those stats being like souls claimed, and like I want to Okay, I just want to know who printed those out, who compiled the reports, what word document exists on, what computer? Like Hell has a printer.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hell is full of printers, and they don't work, and they don't and they're always low on toner, so they print really badly, whereas.
Speaker 2: In Heaven and Heaven the printers are always low on toner but never run out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a miracle. I like to think that Crowley made those pie charts because he was so excited for his little presentation.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I'm imagining. I'm imagining him on a computer like typing away doing spreadsheets and like putting him into tables and then going to a Kinkos. Cause again, there's no way Hell has a printer.
Speaker 1: But Hell has a Kinkos.
Speaker 2: Hell probably, oh yeah, it definitely has a Kinkos. Going to the Kinkos getting it printed out. That's just such a dated reference. Do those even exist any Do they even have I'm sure they still.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Whatever, Yeah, so ups Store I've been watching Better Call Saul, and that's a that's a prominent place in that show. So I I, yeah, I love this just scene where they the Demon's laugh at Crowley. I think it's so funny, like and then he's like, well, why do you even come? Like we just wanted to see the monkey dance? Like you're hilarious, you're a favorite, Like do you have a plan to be tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, bye here? So uh we cut to Chuck making some pancakes for the boys. I love mister mom Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, but like, one thing I noticed in this episode is that Rob Benedict standing next to everyone is so short.
Speaker 2: He's teeny tiny, especially compared to the giants that are the boys. But yes, he is. He's a short fella, which is why I think he's always like, I mean, he stands on top of the platform or whatever at the end of the episode. But also then there's this this we'll get to the scene where he's talking to Sam and Dean when they're on the terrace or whatever the landing of the stairs, and it's and it's so okay, we'll get into that in a minute. Okay, So Chuck's making pancakes, and we're talking about what to do about Amara. The end is freaking nigh, which is a great line from Dean because he's like, we don't have time to wait for Lucifer whoever else, because Lucifer is just not coming. He's not coming out. So eventually we do get them to sit down, but not before we cut to Rowena, who is astrally projecting into a shock and what we assume is the Bayou somewhere in Louisiana, New Orleans, and there's Clia and she's like Rowen eventually walks in, not astrally, and they have this conversation of well, the world is ending. I've seen the darkness. I've seen inside her. I see there's nothing we got to get out of here. Let's go back in time. I've got the Book of the Damned. Let's go back in time. Let's buy ourselves a couple more centuries of life. What do you think in middlely medieval times? I know, not the great time to be a witch or a black woman. But Claio wants to go to the Greek antiquities and I love her, and Romena's like, oh, like, that's a much better time to be a black woman, and I'm like, actually, probably is, yeah, probably definitely more, definitely way more than the medieval times. Uh uh, So I love I just love this little plan. I love this little conversation, this little plan. I liked that Rowena looked for hex bags but not like a gun, right. I like Rowena being like, you're a rat that'll get off any ship. And also it's our first of the podcast appearance of Rowena. Rowena, she is beautiful and awesome.
Speaker 1: It all the real life partner and mother of the child of Rob Benedict Boom.
Speaker 2: Which makes parts of us apisode kind of funny and weird. I don't know. This is a really ancestual show, isn't it. Yes, it's aid or really nepotism a show going on. So many people in the show are like the date other people who were on it, or end up being with other people who were on it. Uh, we don't need to focus on that. Let's get back to the fun stuff. So Chuck and Lucifer, they're sitting there, finally able to sit down and have a talk. So that is where we get our therapy, doc. Why don't you use I feel statements? Which I love? I love. Deed's the one leading these guys through therapy. It's so funny. So they sit in there have their talk and it's you know, it's good, it's it's I was your son. You forsook me. I had to you you disliked my cue. And he's like, but you made me just like them, You gave me the mark. You're the reason it changed me. He's like, no, you always. He just amplified what was already there was your your stay in and dislike for the humans, and so I had to let my creations breathe. So I to lock you away, which is like, okay if it kind of total bs on Chuck's part because like we're still sposed lad to believe that like temptation is the devil playing right with us and stuff right, So like ultimately he didn't, but I guess Chuck's argument will probably be like, that's not the temptation, that's not the devil, that's just the free will. I gave you. What you do with it is yours. There's so many cool, interesting philosophical questions of this show will bring up and just never touch on or like actually like delve into. I think this is one of.
Speaker 1: Them like they just toss them out there, right, They.
Speaker 2: Toss it out there for people on podcasts ten years later to discuss. So, uh yeah, it's but it's a good BM scene. This is their first BM scene between Lucifer and Chuck uh and and ultimately so then I love that The boys was like Sam says, I have to side with Lucifer. All he's asking for is an apology and you're not willing to give to him just because you want to be right. And Dean's like, yeah, I apologize to Sam all the time, but I don't really.
Speaker 1: Mean it, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey sorry see and Chuck says enough from the peanut gallery and he sends them up to the landing where they can still hears presumably the whole conversation going on, but now start part of it. And I guess they never try to walk down the stairs to go better.
Speaker 1: Well, they've been shoot by God, They're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Shooed by God. I guess Dean feels like I feel like Dean would really be like, no, no, no, this is my house. I live here, I could be where I want. Oh yeah, I love the line. Do you do you know what it's like to argue with your father when your father is God, and like, it's so funny because they don't the universal like answer that's hanging in the air for literally everyone in that room, everyone watching and everything is just like yes, yes, because that's like all fathers. M It was such a good moment. I was just of like of the boys, like you could see them just thinking about John right and like, yeah, it's this episode has so many great lines for being such a like narrative plot, myth like story arc episode. There are a lot of great lines written in the way.
Speaker 1: That's a clever episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. I like it a lot more than our pre than the previous All in the Family, I will say so. Chuck eventually does apologize.
Speaker 1: Yes, whether he means it or not, we don't know. But once he gets that first apology out, then he's all apologies exactly where sorry, sorry you serving this serving that it's like unlocked the the apology mode and just sticks with it.
Speaker 2: He's like, Wow, that felt great to be ask people to their faces. I'm going to keep doing it better than BS and I'm gonna being not being there. So now now that Lucy Lucy, I've written Lucy has written in all my notes, so I actually call Lucifer. Lucy. We all know who I mean. Lucifer is on board, and now what do we do? All right, it's time for a plan, and Chuck has got it. And how does he got it? He's got it like it's an ocean's eleven. Round him up sequence. That's right.
Speaker 1: Uh, we don't have our angels, so we need to fill our places.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he says the line where we're still a few members short of the starting lineup we had back the last time we locked him our up. Uh. And it's like, okay, well who do we who do we need to get? Or is it we should get some hands of God? That's a little redundant, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Says, and he wiggles his hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny the Chuck with his hands at any time. Actually, that could have been a good rule too, because he like does hand things several times, hand things.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So so we get the we get the fun sequence of going and rounding up the team.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So first put, that's right, we're putting the band together. We're moving right along straight up, like traveling by a map like the Muppets, but not traveling by map, just traveling by God power, which is how Dean shows up in Hell to try to sway Crowley, who, by the way, drink for pie charts. As we see on the table, it's still wallowing in his pie charts that no one wanted to read. Uh, Dean says, sober up, I got a I'm on a mission from guy. He doesn't say this, but he basically says, I'm on a mission from God God Crowley. I don't think it's in this one, but it's in the next one. He has this great line where he's like, He's like, I it could have been Game of Thrones, like go out on top. And I'm like, wait, do we know how Game of Thrones ended in twenty sixteen. I don't think we did yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't work. I don't think Game of Thrones had ended yet. And I'm like, that's not how Game of Thrones ends at all. Way on the bottom, Yeah, they don't go out on top, that's for sure. One person does, but he's chill anyway. Uh So, Yeah, Dean is the one trying to convince Crowley because they're bros. And Lucifer is the one tasked with.
Speaker 1: Trying to he says. He says, uh, I see you trying for a romantic rekindling. And I just love that line, romantic rekindling.
Speaker 2: That's another good album title, romantic rekindling. So the Yeah, so the Lucifer is up trying to convince the angels, which just feels like the worst plan to do. I don't know who else you would have said, like bring Bobby back to life and send him up. I don't know, like that just seemed like it should it should not have worked well.
Speaker 1: And he transforms back into Castiel, and so Misha gets to do that that beautiful piece of acting where he's he's being Lucifer and then he transforms into casts and then he goes back to being Lucifer and it's it's so good. I just love Misha Collins.
Speaker 2: It is quite good. And but the angels are like, well, we don't we don't like you, E like, get out here. We don't like either you and you let him inside you? No, no, we're not doing the your Craig cray uh. And who's in charge of wooing the witches? That would be Sammy. Yeah, Clia and Rowena are assembling the pieces. They need to go back in time with the spell from the Book of the Damned. They need a pig jaw. Sammy appears and says, check, oh were you doing here? Always cover the aura around him. Clea says is something like I've never seen and same. He's like, yeah, no, I'm with God and we're going to try to fight the darkness. And Rowena's like, no, that sounds stupid, dumb. And you're a big moose, big and tall. Her insults are big and tall, big moose. And what was the other My writ down? Shoot when he first shows up. One, you're a giant. What do you want? Giant? Yeah, so funny. I just love I love when she and either either her or Crowley dig into sam. I think it's so funny. Yeah, uh yeah, we kind of go around the We go around the rounder. We do a herald in the middle of this episode.
Speaker 1: And yeah, which is an improv term. For those of you who don't know, it's an improv form made popular by UCB.
Speaker 2: I forgot. We have to explain that. I just thought everyone what a harald is? I give our audience credit. Grizzy, I believe more of it, probably know what a herald is than we want then we I think a good chunk new uh yeah, so eventually everyone gets convinced. Okay, I do have this question though, vessels in heaven mm hmmm. Why other than obviously because they're actors and we can hire them and people, and it's easier to film than like light beams talking. But isn't that what it should be in heaven? Is just like beams of light, which are the angels?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Then talking? Isn't that what we should see when they're without any humans around?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I get it if the boys are around, like when we were dealing with Zeke and all that, Like, I get that. It's when it's just angels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's a good point. I never thought of it like that.
Speaker 2: It just occurred to me this time. I don't know why. I was like, they shouldn't really be people, right, like have their vessels right now? They should be they're in heaven. They should just be.
Speaker 1: Suits and stuff. So I think it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what they turn the angels into is very interesting in this show. They're just like all very uptight, stiff like rule of followers. Yet they're always constantly like rebelling against each other and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're like business people, right.
Speaker 2: The opposite of the except they don't have pie charts. Where are they're freaking pie charts? The Demon's got pie charts.
Speaker 1: There's no Castiella didn't make any.
Speaker 2: For souls saved, there's no competing, there's no what's the market share of souls right now? Who knows? Yeah, and probably knows. But the angels have no clue. They're out here just farting in the wind. Oh so I don't know. We go round and round a couple of times. So I counted too, within this one sequence, two different oceans, eleven sequences, because we kind of like cut back to the bunker in between. So I'm like, all right, that's kind of two different ones. Also trying to get drinks out.
Speaker 1: Of it, yep, trying to squeeze those drinks. Trying to get those drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, trying to get those drinks. So we reveal that Dean cannot kill Amara because he's all crushing on her and he wants to kill her, but he wants Chuck to kill her. He can't, and then this weird moment, it's likely this great moment again where you get a great me.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want her to go back in the box.
Speaker 2: Right, I just want to go back in the box, because he doesn't want to be tempted by her ever again. So he wants her to be dead, but he also can't. He can't kill her because he wants her. It's really messed up, and that's kind of what Lucifer says. And it's also a fairy funny moment with Lucifer basically like outs Dean to Chuck for like his infatuation with Lamara. Yeah, even though Chuck is assumingly knows this, but yeah, so this moment of like I tried to kill her but I couldn't and Chuck's like, well maybe because you didn't want to. It's like that couldn't be it. That couldn't be it. So uh yeah, we get the and then we get the round up Ocean's eleven sequence where they all kind of agree, Okay, fine, we'll do it. Clea says like, no, this is a chance to fight. Crowley kind of realizes that this is yeah, better than just dying, I guess, better than nothing, and that there's no way Deans like, did you really you expect the demons to go for that stroke your ego. But da da dada and the angels I guess we I guess that by default the angels agreed, we don't really get that. Yeah, we don't ever get that because there are beams of that's anyway. Cut to Amara visits Donatello, sucks the location of where God is out of him and finds that he's in the bunker. Vans Yeah, Kansas, and she goes to the bunker. She kicks a mug, the world's greatest dad mug that out of According to the Wikipedia, they had a target for her to hit to like aim at when she kicked the mug, and she she nailed it on the first try. So just a fun fact that, Yeah, she's that awesome and just so good in this episode. Two. Uh, the gang is all here. We get we get fun Meet him up moments between a couple of our characters, Lucifer and Rowena.
Speaker 1: Hello Fergus, Hello Fergus.
Speaker 2: Yes the you think you're the first man who tried to kill me? Line? Uh is good. Yeah, it's it's fun. Little reunions. I call them meet him ups, Meet him up. I'm going to a family, Meet him up.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I can't hang out. I gotta go to a family meet him up.
Speaker 2: Chuck then appears in a flash of light, Hello my children, ugh eye roll boom, lays out the plan and oh yeah, that was that was our final roundtable of Ocean's eleven. Was them presumably we hear the plan, but we don't. We don't know the plan, and all of them going like, huh really that's it. That's that's yeah. So Chuck's going over the plan, lays it out all right. First it's gonna be the Witches. Then it's gonna be the Angels, then it's gonna be the Demons, then Lucifer, you and her, and then we'll see if we can close this thing out. That's that's the plan. We got fun digs, like from Crowley saying who's the weakest and most expendable. That's that'd be the witches. Uh yeah, so then oh yeah, oh yeah, and then it's it's transfer the mark to Sam record scratch m m.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dean's like whoa, whoa, whoa whoa who over here sidebar b mcn you and me right now, Yeah, I'm damaged goods. Why can't you use me? Exactly? You've already had it. It's corrupted you. You know you're you can't handle this. Sam can handle it. Dean. You always said that if if it wasn't gonna be you know, if it couldn't be you, then it had to be me to deal with her because you can't. Why are you not on with this? And he's like, what happens if you go crazy? We'll like lock be up, throw away to keep. No, I'm not doing that. We get just the usual, the usual back and forth.
Speaker 1: About this was the moment when I realized I was supposed to be tracking the BNC, so it was all retrograde guessing from this point.
Speaker 2: There's only the one before it, so I think you only messed the one, okay, So then now now it's a tag time. We get astro Rowena saying hello to Amara and saying I'm with God. Do you want to come come kick his butt? Because I'm on your side, Girly, you and me, we're gonna do this thing. And Amara shows up and she's like, you're a liar. I know this is a trap. How am I going to repay you? Hmmm? And before she can figure that out, Rowena zaps her and she's like, Haha, that tickles. You're just one witch? You think you can take me down. She's like, I'm not just one witch. And then the whole full on attack from the what is now a coven, not just a witch is den. As we learned earlier, it takes three for a coven.
Speaker 1: Take a drink for attack.
Speaker 2: Yep, this is the witch attack. And they're attacking, and Jedi Amara shows up and eats the electricity and shoots it all back at them and bam, which is dead except for Rowena. She gets me too. I think, yeah, I think she just respected her. I think that's why the dark Amara is such an interesting, fascinating character, and obviously by doing the Chuck wagon, we've kind of like subsequently done the Amara thing, probably miss a couple episodes before. But yeah, I I think her. I think like and especially in her speech at the very end of this episode, where she's like, it doesn't have to be this way, like you didn't have to lock me up and didn't right, we talk about free will, like the free will of these two celestial primordial beings, which is why, by the way, we learn we learn also in this episode that Chuck can bring cast back, but can't bring archangels back because they're made of different stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're made of different ingredients.
Speaker 2: Start. So yeah, so the Witch's attack. Then the angels attack from up above and they they they try to smite Amara. That doesn't work, so it's time for the demons. And the demons are swirling around her and kicking her into the prowley his like leaves, and he punches her and really does a number. She still limps into the warehouse and like, yep, where are all these warehouses? I mean, I know there's a lot of warehouses out there, but they always know where the empty ones are.
Speaker 1: They've got a guy.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a guy or a direct.
Speaker 1: Job is to always find an empty warehouse.
Speaker 2: Always they have an empty warehouse. Uh yes. So Amara gets in there and she sees Chuck and now she's like, I can't believe you. You've cheated again. Why do you do this? Lucifer stabs her. She's now she's really down for the count. And this is where we get our third BM scene between Amara and Chuck, all about like what you know, we were? We were these beings we were And he's like, I wanted to create and you would want to destroy. Well, that's not the way I saw it. Like we you know, we're the Yin and yang, the light and darkness. We were both powerful together. Without one the other one is not as powerful and and all this, and it's this really interesting like back and forth, and it's interesting dialogue between the two of them about like like, yeah, we have free will. You didn't have to do this, This could have been negotiated, this could have been but you know, like why did it all have to come to this? And Chuck doesn't really have.
Speaker 1: Super great answers, like right, yeah, he really doesn't.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't. And uh so she is like ready to give up, just kill me, and that's when Chuck's like, yeah, sorry, I'm not gonna do that either, and starts transferring the mark to Sam. And when she realizes, when Amara realizes what's about to happen, she goes, no, I will die. I will die a million times. I will kill you just as many to never go back to that place again, as the mark starts peering and then fading away from Sam, reappearing on Amara. And because like I mean, she says this while she's choking Chuck, I forgot to mention that she's like totally chicking and then force choking him, so we get more Jedi Amara because she's forced chuck Chuck, and she she's like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, I'm not going back to that place. I hate it. And she beats the crap bay the Chuck and nearly kills him. And the only reason she probably doesn't is because Dean kind of like is like, no, don't and she clearly is like affected by that. And so the yeah, she takes out Chuck, or we think she takes out Chuck. We we go away and cut back from commercial and like, Amara, what have you done? You kiach Chuck? No, he's dying, and she's like, I am about to go on my rampage. Basically, it's yeah, it's time, it's time. And yeah, I mean Chuck just kind of laying there twitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in his tiny body and his tiny.
Speaker 2: Little body, and that I'm pretty sure is the end of the episode. I don't have any more the.
Speaker 1: End of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no like other b unseen wrap up or anything like that. We just we are just onto the finale mm hmm of season eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good episode. That was a meaty, beefy treat.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it features so many years of culmination of characters and storylines and arcs and it it's a good one. I liked, you know, watching it here, I think for the third time, I'm like, yeah, no, I still I really do still like this episode.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I think it. I think there's so much about it that could be you know, can really be a cause for discussion and stuff. So I I really do. I like it, And I like I like the mix of the Biblical and the and the Dante and the just kind of like all the putting all the myths in one and that's what the show's about. Like, I think that this is a really great example of the true ethos of Supernatural is like we're going to create this story. It's gonna have adventure, it's gonna have peril, but it's also gonna have love. But it's also going to like take all your favorite stories and kind of put them into one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's gonna mix them up and shake them around and make them something you never imagine, right.
Speaker 2: And that's even evident by having like our fun like Ocean's eleven style sequence where it's like I just like who thinks to do that? I don't know. I think it's a good device to like move your episode along quickly, especially when you're trying to like assemble a crew, but like you know, there's more boring ways to do that, and I think that they they do so many fun things, and so it really this episode. Maybe appreciate the show a lot, like most of them do, but but this one really I liked it. So I think there's I think we still get one more chuck Wagon episode in the end of season eleven here, and then maybe we'll take a small slight break before getting back on it, okay, because there's only a little bit more left to go, So I'm gonna I'm gonna game it out and see how many more we would have to do. But we might take a brief pause because there's a couple of Monster of the weeks I think I want to maybe do. Okay, next, So Chrissy, what speaking of next? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: No, not next? How did the dream? Oh my gosh, how many times did you count Lucifer acting like a petulange child?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: I also got four?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, okay, good?
Speaker 2: How many pie charts? How many times did you see some pie charts.
Speaker 1: I only saw them once, but I know that you got twice.
Speaker 2: I got twice. Yes, So it's the first scene where he's with the demons and then when Dean comes in, they have like a wide shot and they're still sitting there on the table. So funny pie charts and hell oh, another good album title. Anytime the End of the World is mentioned.
Speaker 1: Or discussed, I got nine.
Speaker 2: I got six. So, like I said, that one was very much more like a subjective. They're talking about it kind of the whole a lot of the time, so I think I went for more like literal, like they say, end of the World are.
Speaker 1: Like okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, you know who knows how I counted. I was just trying to drink, but you were trying to drink more. Apparently I only got one therapy talk session.
Speaker 1: Oh I counted two.
Speaker 2: Two? Okay both? Wait wait were they both Lucifer and Chuck? Yeah, okay, yeah, because I guess they cut away and they could cut back and cut away Ocean's eleven style sequence. I got three, I got four. Okay, all right, all right, all right, all right, Rowena and sult Sam. I think we both had three three.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Obviously our mug kick happens once. The witch tach happens once, although like I said, probably should have been one drink for every attack Jedi amara twice.
Speaker 1: Oh I only counted once.
Speaker 2: So I counted like when she takes the Witch's lightning and like shoots it back at them as being Jedi more of a Syth style move.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I could just kind of when she lifted him up in.
Speaker 2: The as yeah, uh, that's what inspired me to create the rule. And then upon the rewatch, I was like, oh, yeah, the lightning, that's the Jedi thing too, and then I have three.
Speaker 1: B M scenes Oh me too, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay cool. So yeah that was the game. It was, you know, not the heaviest game, but it was there. If you play pop culture reference, you'll drink a lot more because you have like Game of Thrones, the Full House references. There's several others that I'm forgetting at the moment, but yeah, I liked it. I liked this episode.
Speaker 1: I did do. I thought it was a really fun game and it was a fun watch. I enjoyed watching Nisha Collins so much that it just took me through the episode on a little wave of happiness.
Speaker 2: Yes, this wouldn't be the worst one to maybe do a mashup of either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be interesting.
Speaker 2: I think there's enough action and then you have a small but like they're all like, you know, they're all big characters, rather than it being like we're playing some random, you know, extra or bit person. Right, they're all big, fun characters that people will get to play.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Do you got a brief down a Tello moment, like there's enough like action like kind of things. I think that happened. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it would be a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna mark that in the mental notebook of for years to come.
Speaker 1: This one might be Yeah, And I'll ask you about it at some point.
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, I can.
Speaker 1: What episodes did we say?
Speaker 2: What episode are we going to play next?
Speaker 1: Chrissy, Oh, we're gonna hang out in season seven for a while. We're gonna do some season seven exploration.
Speaker 2: Seven we haven't done.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're gonna do season seven episode three, The Girl next Door, an episode directed by Jensen. Oh yeah, all right, here are your rules? Are you ready ready? If someone says Leviathans take a drink. If Sammy has a lucifer halucifer or lucifer nation, take a drink. If Bobby says balls, take a drink. Take a drink. For a pop culture reference, take a drink. When Dean talks about pie. We're playing the gank rule. If anyone says gank, take a drink. Although I think it should be a shot. I think it should be a shot. Yes, if someone says gank. If someone says pituitary, take a drink. If Dean says son of a bitch, always always, take a drink. If someone says freak, take a drink. And if someone talks about the other shoe dropping, take a drink. You know which episode this is.
Speaker 2: We're trying to remember.
Speaker 1: This is the controversial one where Sammy falls in love with the monster and Dean kills her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh, I remember. I remember this one. It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's a hard one, but it's a fun one too. It's both fun and hard. Directed by Jensen A. Goolfs.
Speaker 2: I don't let my apprehension at how hard I am remembering it being as excitement. I am excited because like, yeah, season seven, leviathans we love Season seven.
Speaker 1: Oh, so many Leviathans, ah okay, Nate. Where can people find us in the real world to enjoy our comedy stylings.
Speaker 2: If you want to enjoy our comedy stylings in the real world, go to nct phoenix dot com and see when we're doing shows in downtown Mesa, somewhere along the street of Maine in downtown Mesa. I say that because we are temporarily not in our space, and who knows about the tire By the time you're listening to this, maybe we will be in our space. But if you go to NCT Phoenix dot comment, we'll have the most up to date information as to where and when tickets for shows are. Yeah, those are words that describe the thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just go to NCT phoenix dot com and see and come see some hilarious improvised comedy in Mesa, Arizona. If you live here, if you're visiting, if you time traveled, if God teleported you here, come check out a show.
Speaker 1: Come check out a show. We want to see you. If you want to hear more of me, check out the Most Excellent Eighties Movies podcast. Also on True Story FM or wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to hang out with Nate and Chrissy a little while longer and hear a little bit more in depth. Sometimes we play games, Sometimes we just chit chat. Sometimes we do what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: S Guiney cans, Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about tonight recommendation recommendations that we have of things to watch, read and listen to. You can become a member at True Story FM. Just click on our podcast and then click on be Become a member link. And if you don't want to become a member, that's cool too, baby. Just like rate reviews of sbscribe, leave a leave a message for us on our social media at Most Excellent Pod. Whatever you can do to support the podcast, we appreciate you so much. And when you're out there in the world saving people and hunting things, you know, the family business, be sure to keep the Gank that drank motto in mind. Be excellent to each other and.
Speaker 2: Party party on. Do