Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday. That means we're going to talk about pop culture and Bravo, and with this guest, I'll probably just talk about a lot of nonsense that has nothing to do with either. It is my good friend Doug, butuden and I can't smell you, so I don't know why you're spraying on your cologne at this moment.
Speaker 2: This is for me. This is this is like it puts me in a good mood. And so sometimes I feel like I just kind of sprint because you know, I'm like, sometimes I'll just brush my teeth right before I do like a zoom call or something, just because it makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: I did just brush my teeth. See, but I'm a I'm a tintim, a day toothbrusher.
Speaker 2: Rush. You know what, I just got married me tell me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is a hashtag ad.
Speaker 2: This is not a hashtag ad, although I'd love it to be. I always travel, like whenever we're traveling for work, whatever, I always bring a little bottle of Listering. Okay, And and because I love Listing, well, they just came out with these mini packets. It's a travel packet, a listream a single use like a little one ounce thing and you rip it open and you in your mouth. Well I got a thirty pack game changer seven.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. I will tell you this that this is a hashtag sponsored hashtag ad hashtag sponsored post. You turns me on because of your post about the perfectly Snug.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I reached out to them and I am now a partner with perfectly Snug mozzletov. Yes, and they were like, thank you so much. For a friend of Doug is a friend of ours.
Speaker 2: There are great people and it's it's let's face it, it's an incorrect a bowl beedtopper, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, it's amazing. And so before I had and I've told people this, before I had the perfectly Snug, I had the chili pad Uhler and that is the same thing, but with water.
Speaker 2: That's there, that's the competitor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Doug, you have to clean it all the time, and when you do clean it is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Well, I have heard so because I was looking at the water based systems versus the air base, and the one, the one that you have is that you had originally was the water base. I did research on the water base versus the air base, and I got and I heard from all these different people that you know that, truly, especially in a hot climate, the water based systems do tend to be more effective because they're actually cooling the water. But the big caveat is they require a tremendous amount of maintenance. The ones that I looked at only took distilled water, and then I heard from people who said, even with distilled water and they followed all of the monthly maintenance, there was mildew and mold when they finally opened up, and that schiathed me out. And then the fanciest one, which is water based, they have a monthly subscription, and I was sort of against the idea of having a monthly subscription for my bed. So then I was looking about the air based ones. Yeah, and I thought, you know what, this company has a great return policy, so I'm not afraid to return it. And then I was lucky enough to be hooked up with them. But I have been so happy with mine, so are you. I'm guessing you like yours.
Speaker 1: We love it and I did a thing for it, and it literally took us seven minutes from out of the box to get it on the bed and plug it in and then set it up on the app. It took no time and we love it and we are, like I said, we were already used to our bed being cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there was one night where we were without it because I had already unplugged the uller to get ready to throw it out. And I got to tell you, I just appreciate that I wrote you and was like, I want one of these, maybe that they'll partner with me. And they did, and we're continuing our partnership. And I love my perfectly snug.
Speaker 2: Oh hooray for perfectly snug. What is your code?
Speaker 1: Uh? It is pink shaped.
Speaker 2: Perfectly snug dot com slash pink shaped. And if that's too much for you to type, you could just say perfectly snug dot com slash Doug.
Speaker 1: You're so funny.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't get a cut of the thing, so I don't. It doesn't matter where you get it. But if you are listening, and you should be, just make sure you're getting the discount.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I don't buy things without a discount. You know. I'm that person. And yeah, I think you're similar and I'm also not afraid to return things. My friends make fun of me. As matter of fact, Amy Phillips thinks it is the funniest thing about me that I On Tuesdays I do my returns. I gather up my things for the week and I take them to the upstore and I have my codes to scan. I order a lot, I try things on a lot. I don't like it, I return it.
Speaker 2: I don't mind, and I think it feels great. You know, before we started recording, I was telling you about my new medicine cabinet. Well, yes, I kept and installed one, but I ordered three, knowing that I was going to return two of them. Because I didn't, I didn't. I didn't even open one of the boxes. I accidentally ordered one in white instead of silver. So then I ordered my backup in silver, and I kept it in the box. I didn't open the box. But if the if the one that I really wanted, the electric one with the lights and the temperature and all that, if that didn't work, then I had my failsafe. While I have the guy here, I would have him install my fail safe backup plan. But the good one work, so I was able to return the white one and the silver of my backup, and I was like, felt great, printed up the labels. I have my stack of like FedEx plastic sleeves and ups plastic sleeves ready right at my desk, right above my printer. That's fine with me.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, it's so funny because I have a printer too, it's right behind me. And we have a beach house and have a printer at the beach house too, because sometimes I get these sOliver to the beach. And as long as you can print your label and package your back up because it's a little small little post office they have there, as long as you have they'll they'll take FedEx or ups or anything, as long as you've got it done, your.
Speaker 2: The label right, Yeah, ready to go.
Speaker 1: So when I was at the beach last week, a friend of mine's brother sent me a text and said, are you on the island and if so, do you happen to have a printer. I've something that just came through that I have to get printed and notarized. And my sister said that you're such a dork that you probably have a printer at your beach house. I go. I do for returns, I do yeah, it's you know, so many people don't have printers anymore.
Speaker 2: Now. My former neighbor, Josh, he hasn't lived here for now two years. He came by just a few days ago and said could I print something? I was like, are you Mary? Are you serious? Like? Just good? There are four different staples FedEx kickbol places between my house and where he lives now. But he comes here and does his printing here at my house yours every two printers.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: I have a laser which is my black and white, and then I've got the HP all in one.
Speaker 1: That's what I have, an HP all in one.
Speaker 2: Is it the eighty ten series?
Speaker 1: Let me let me look. No, it's an HP Envy forty five twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Envy. I'm familiar with the Envy with that very interesting paper loader.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I have a I have a different one at the beach that I couldn't tell you what it is. This is not interesting to anyone.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry all those out I know this is.
Speaker 1: Just old people talk with Mary Payne and Doug. Now, before we start, we were talking about what Bravo we were watching. So you're not a fan of the Valley, You did watch Did you watch the first season of Persian Valley because you know some people on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched the Valley Persian stuff. I watched The Valley Persian Style, but I watched The Valley Persian Style, but I didn't watch The Valley. And I watched Next Gen season one, but I haven't. I've recorded Next Gen season two, but I haven't watched it yet. It's on my iPad.
Speaker 1: Next Gen I just I tried, but it's just too much like texting popping on the screen, and you gotta be looking up and paying attention. And these people are so young. And I am interested in the Gia and the Brielle. I am interested, and Candy's daughter, I am interested in that aspect of it, and the Brooks marks, and I'm not interested in these other people that I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're all so young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so young. They have problems that we don't have. They don't have to worry about their two printers.
Speaker 2: These people do not have printers.
Speaker 1: They don't tell you that, right, No, what a printer is exactly. OC has started and watching I think it's off to a slow start.
Speaker 2: That's what a lot of people have said. It's funny. I'm I'm not one of those people who like kind of rates the seasons as they're watching it. I'm like, I either want but I watch it. I'm either like, yeah, I'm liking it or I'm not liking it. It's like, but I think it's fine. I don't see any I don't know why. Why do you think it's slow versus something out like in Atlanta or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think because really nothing's happening. Now, this doesn't mean something won't happen. But again, it doesn't matter what Bravo is going to give me. As far as housewives, I'm going to watch it. It could be there's all the time when people go, oh my god, so and so your real house Beverly Hill season six was horrible. I was like, first of all, how would you remember that? Seasons horrible? One reason that was the season where this that and the other. I'm like, okay, but you still watch the whole thing. So it wasn't that horrible, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. We're gonna watch it regardless. I watch every housewife. I don't think there's ever been one that I haven't watched.
Speaker 1: Are you watching the news are you watching the House of London London?
Speaker 2: Of course I am. I'm having a hard.
Speaker 1: Time one and I can get into the first episode, but are you crazy the first one that ended at that at that party with Panthea and the dentist.
Speaker 2: And the drama. No, I'm totally on board. I am on board.
Speaker 1: I need to get into it. I think I'm so mad at Bravo about canceling Ladies of London that it's hard for me to do agree to get into another London show because I'm mad.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird that it disappeared?
Speaker 1: Doug? It makes zero sense. After their finale they had Martha and Emma They're in the clubhouse and like, are you kidding me? And they had Mark Francis on, and they'd had everybody on Sirius on all the shows on Sirius, John Hill and Jeff and Andy, so they.
Speaker 2: All didn't Andy say it was ultimately a ratings thing? Did he say that?
Speaker 1: That's what he said? But I don't. I'm so annoyed. I hope that the outrage will make them at least consider pausing it for a year and then bringing it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hope. I was surprised because I really enjoyed it, and I'm certainly not the you know, the right sample group in terms of like who the demo is, because I'm not, but I really I loved it. But I also loved the Housewives of London. I watched Melbourne, I watched Chelmsford or whatever the hell it one was. There's like forty one or forty two different Housewives franchises. We only get to see a handful.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm not. Okay, then you're more dedicated to me because I'm not going into I'm not going into Australia territory.
Speaker 2: Oh, I loved I loved Melbourne. I also watched people loved it. I think there was another Australian one.
Speaker 1: Y'all, as ladies of a certain age, we know that things are starting to happen. Okay, our skin loses some glowt elasticity, Your hair and nails have a little bit more breakage. Sometimes my joints feel more stiff. So let's talk about why this happens. Okay, your body's natural collagen production begins to decline in your mid twenties. So if you don't know, collagen is the crucial protein that provides structure and support to your hair, skin, nails, joints, and overall longevity. It's often referred to as the glue that holds our bodies together. So you can probably imagine that a decline in collagen production has some big impacts on your body. But here's the thing. You can actually turn back the clock on your body's collagen production and start feeling like you're in your twenties again. Come on now, now, that's where Bub's natural collagen peptides come in. BUBBS helps restore collagen levels closer to what your body naturally had in its youth. That means your hair, skin, nails, and joints are all getting the proteins you need to stay healthy. Your body can continue to perform at its best. BUBBS holds the potential to enhance skin elasticity and hydration, why also contributing to stronger hair and nails. It can also significantly alleviate your joint pain improve your mobility. So I started taking the Bubbs collagen peptides and I, you know, may have a little more pep in my step. I've been using bubs really and it's made a difference in my hair and my nails. They definitely feel stronger. My left knee is not as achy as it was. And it's crazy that just one scoop of Bubs collagen peptides in your coffee each morning can have such an impact on how you look and feel every day. I put that scoop in my coffee and it just dissolves, no taste. You could put it in water, you know water. I just put it in my coffee. It has zero sugars, sweeteners or fillers. It's third party tested, n SF certified for sport, and a whole thirty approved, so you know it's clean and trustworthy. It's sustainably sourced from grass fed, pasture raised cattle, and Bubb's Naturals also makes creatine monohydrate hydrate or die electrolytes MCT oil creamers. But when you go with Bubbs, you're going to get a product that you can trust one hundred percent. All their products use clean, high impact ingredients that are third party tested, like I said, backed by science, and help you perform at your highest level, so live better longer. For a limited time only, our listeners are getting twenty percent off at Bubb's Naturals by using code pink Shade at checkout. Just head to bubs Naturals dot com and use code pink Shade and you're all set. After you purchase, they'll ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and say we sent you. But right now, Doug, I have to tell you that you know, I cover all sorts of stuff, right I do the ninety day, I do all the stuff. But right now I'm deep into pre watching Love is Blind UK for the next season. And I don't know if you're a Love is Blind person, but Love is Blind UK is better than America because of the accents and what I find so fascinating. And maybe chat gpt can help me with this. You, maybe you could tell me when they talk about the areas that they're from, this one's from Birmingham, this one's from Manchester, this one's from Wales, this one's from Scotland, this one's from Ireland, and even when they talk about the sections of London that they're from, like I grew up here, Oh I grew up Oh you were across the river. I want to, like chat gpt a map and say I want a UK map, but I want these twelve points on it so that I can see because sometimes they do have a problem, like you.
Speaker 2: Don't do that already. Like when I'm watching anything, I will pause it and then I will google the town. Yeah, and then I'll like say, like, oh, they probably go to this tesco. That's where they get there. I do that obsessively, So it takes me like three hours to watch a forty five minute show because I am constantly pausing and googling.
Speaker 1: I think when it's in the United States and they'll say, you know, it's Love is Blind Charleston, right, So then they talk about they live in different areas, which that I can put my mind.
Speaker 2: Right, we have your frame of reference.
Speaker 1: But when we're talking about something so big and I've only been to London one time, so I have no grasp. And then when they say, like last season they had a couple of though she was in Ireland and he was in England and they would try to go back and forth, and I was like, well, that I'm understanding as a plane ride. So I'm really into it. It is coming out next week, everybody, it will be the first episode will be here and then the rest of them will be on Pinchet Prime. But I am deep into it because I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Say that love is blind. Love is blind. Then there's also the other one which everybody's talking about, which is love Island.
Speaker 1: Right, so Love Island is not for us. It is not for us. We are too well.
Speaker 2: I tried. I think I was with Crystal Minkoff who was talking about it, and she said, she's like, you will hate it, so you have to try it. So I turned it on.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I made it five minutes and I thought I could not. I just could not handle it.
Speaker 1: It was it's my son. My son is twenty one, his girlfriend is twenty. They like it, you know, and.
Speaker 2: That they should have their own show.
Speaker 1: That's for them, that's for the that's for the youth. My friends Jake and Matt, who have the podcast Reality Gaze, they were like, we're gonna we're gonna dive in. We know these are like straight people in bikinis and they're going to be stupid or whatever, but we're going to do it because they you'll hate it, so it'll be fun, right, I mean they and it's like five episodes a week and they were immediately like one.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody, Yeah, you could fall behind. I have Honest to god, I have Joemo when it comes to that show, and probably Love is Blind absolute Jomo not even remotely interested in that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Love is Blind is interesting because it is the people that go like they meet behind a wall and they only talk to each other and they you know, now that we know more about behind the scenes, it's ten days and on the tenth day, that's when everybody who has decided, even on the first day or the fourth day to get engaged, they do them all on the tenth day.
Speaker 2: They make you thinks like the dating game, right, So they get to ask questions without seeing each other.
Speaker 1: But they talk to each other for nine solid days. They do like ten twelve hours shooting days, and they can decide who they want to go on dates with. But then they're by like day three, they're really narrowing it down. So you may spend the next four days talking ten hours a day to this one person.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you think the crew will say to the one person.
Speaker 1: Like, no, they're not allowed to say anything. You're not allowed to say anything.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think that happens?
Speaker 1: Because sometimes when the people when they do you know that the reveal you could tell this one guy is super superficial and this girl is a perfectly fine looking girl. But because of what he said, you know she's not going to meet the expectations or vice versa has happened that when they when they open the things and they see each other and they're like, oh, look at you. No, and then they immediately the guy drops to the knee and they do the engagement and then then they're stuck. And then sometimes only once or twice has somebody left the other one, like on the honeymoon, the vacation they go.
Speaker 2: On, and then when money is this, are they motivated by money to win or no?
Speaker 1: We know from behind the scenes that they So there's that first part, the Pods part did if they couple up, they go on this vacation together and all the other couples are there. Then after that they go and they live together for three weeks, and then after that they get married. So we do know that if you make it all the way to the altar, whether you you say yes or no, then you get more money. So if you drop out, if you drop out before the altar, which lots of people do, they're like, I just can't what's the point of going to standing up there? You know, I'm going to say, no, you know, what's the point. Why do we embarrass ourselves this way? But a lot of people, most people do embarrassing them.
Speaker 2: And is there anybody who got married and is still married?
Speaker 1: I think they have the American version. They have like nine couples that have stayed together been married to stay together over the years. Yeah, it's pretty high rate compared to like that's.
Speaker 2: Other very compared to the national average, right, true marriages.
Speaker 1: So I would recommend Love Is Blind's UK. It does come out next week. Okay, Now, Ultimate Girls Trip first episode twenty Ultimate Girls Trip. It's season not season twenty seasons.
Speaker 2: Already Ultimate Girls Trip, but it's it's like the twentieth anniversary of The Housewives.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, I will say we opened the whole kind of thing where we're starting in the OC and we do a lot of Trace Amiga's talk, which I thought, isn't that fitting that I'm having dug on who's the quattro Amiga?
Speaker 2: Well it was. I did one show with the Trace amigas in Phoenix with Tamra, Vicki and Shannon, and then they were like we're gonna book you for more dates. I said, great, And then a couple of months things they're like, okay, so it's the Dose Amigas and here's the schedule. So then it became Dos a.
Speaker 1: Mega's e Doug, did you know when they said it's going to be dos Amigas, did you said which Amiga left?
Speaker 2: Well, I had been in touch with Shannon the whole time, so I knew that. I knew what had gone down with Tamra after the Phoenix show. It happened like that night apparently.
Speaker 1: So there was there was a scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something of a of a kerfuffle, I think so. But listen, I love the Trace Amigas as the Trace Amigas, you know, eug Or, Eop Dug. So I would always be a champion for them to get back together, you know, in life. But it doesn't doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Not on this episode. Well, let's go through. Let's go through the episode. Okay. I took some bullet points here. So I loved that we opened iconically with the Ninny leaks right off the bat. Thank I, thank you. Rom floored right away there she.
Speaker 2: Was what did Nini have done?
Speaker 1: Oh well her? I think this is my opinion. I have no idea, but I do like to study people's faces because I'm fascinated by it. I do well. First of all, her skin is just like incredible she I.
Speaker 2: Mean her skin was too flawless.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's almost like she's a filter, but she's not. It's I do. If I had to guess, I would say she had a second nose job, because when we do flashbacks to reunions where she had had some work done, the nose looks a little different. I don't think she needed a first or second nose job, but a while back, a long time ago, she got her teeth done and that was before, so I just think she's She was great. She wasn't too over the top. She came in, she was respectful to Porsche, and Porscha's like, of course you'll have to be on it, and She's like, of course, how could you have it without me? I loved that we opened with Niini come into Porscha's first thing.
Speaker 2: Agreed. I think her eyebrows looked different. That's why I kept looking at her eyebrows and then they flashback and I was like, oh, yeah, her eyebrows, eyebrows. Yeah, they looked so different to me. And she was wearing this, you know, a blonde I think she was in a blonde wig for that scene, but I was I was also. I was thrilled and really surprised to see her because in my memory, they she ended poorly with the franchise with the producers, right like, I feel like she threatened to sue them or there was some kind of bad blood between her and them. So I was like, that is a perfect way to start. Because Matt I was like, Wow, if they're delivering a surprise in the first ten seconds, we got a whole season of craziness to look forward to.
Speaker 1: That's yeah. When the doorbell rang, I thought it was going to be Pedra. I was like, oh, it's gonna be back crack. Yeah. So the ladies all go to meet up in the OC to start this trip. We've got Kyle Beverly hills Portia, Atlanta, Giselle Potomac, Dicky OC, Lisa Barlow Salt Lake City, and Teresa from Jersey.
Speaker 2: Who also looked beautiful.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, I think I mean everybody. I did think at one point Gill's like of course, like, who else would they get, you know, the icon of Potomac. I was like, well, she was probably not available. The person that they wanted, she probably indisposed. So do you think as we go, because now we've kind of seen what they're doing, do you think as they go they will increage? By the way, Oh, did I mention Luen?
Speaker 2: Yes, Lana's okay, forgive.
Speaker 1: Me Kyle, Lewayne If I didn't, I'm sorry, Kyle, aw Anne, Porsia, Giselle, Vicky, Lisa, and Teresa. Now do you think as we go they would include anybody from Dallas or even DC RIP.
Speaker 2: I wish they would. I would be surprised, though, well that this whole thing is about surprises and it's about twenty years of housewives, so they really should. I mean, quite frankly, the one person that I would love to see is Kimberly from season one of the OC, because Kimberly has always been like a standout housewife to me. She remember she moved to like Wisconsin or Michigan or something she got skin cancer season one, So like, I thought for me, that really would have sealed the deal for me. But I do think it would be appropriate for them to pick up somebody and doubt, or at least stop at Dallas and have chicken feet with I forget her name, or some pink dog food with the other one, Camryn Westcott, or like something. Would be nice to have a nod to that, and maybe maybe they have to crash a party in DC or like do something just so that there's a lot to the other franchise.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's funny to crash a party.
Speaker 2: If I were if I were a production person, that's what I would pitch. But listen, I'll take what we can get.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, they included we know they included for the big white party at Kyle's house that'll be coming up. We do know they included Rhode Island at that big party, so that was that was very new when they included them.
Speaker 2: They also included Rhode Island though at Dorinda's house because we saw where Dorinda isn't that where Durinda says to them, like you can go fight on the driveway, but you can't fight in bluestone manner. I don't get like, I don't I don't get any screeners. I've only seen like this season on. But somebody was talking about it. Maybe it was on somewhere on radio Andy how Deirinda was like, you know, oh yeah, I think it was Kiki. Monique was talking about it like you you can, you have to take it outside, and that was to the Rhode Island people, and that was that was.
Speaker 1: At the end of the episode when they showed all the quick clips.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, coming this season.
Speaker 1: I think she was talking about Kelsey and Rosie and they were fighting and she's let me tell you, by the way, that's what my mom used to say to us when we were little. If you want to fight, you can get broomsticks to go hit your hit each other in the yard. I mean it's so specific, right, get broomsticks and meet each other in the yard. Now, of course we were three girls were like, god, Mom, but shut you off. Yeah, We're like, we're not going to do that. Geez. So I love all the cutouts of the ladies from their first seasons.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love who was it who was like Teresa has changed the most? Is that what they were saying. I think it was Vicky. Vicky, who is in a different face and a different body, is like I look the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, they Porscha tried to teach him how to tork, which was hilarious. I mean, you got it or you don't, and most of them don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they got on the boat. I mean, you know they got on the yacht. We should say they're on this this big yacht.
Speaker 1: In all the clips about boats, we got the yacht and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I was born on, but I grew up on boats.
Speaker 1: The clips made me so happy, didn't they make you so happy?
Speaker 2: Same? That's one of the things that I love about this is it's finally appropriate to not just show like the family van clip, but we can get that family van clip, and we can get the clip of Porsche talking about where the train, where the engine is for the underground railroad, and we can also talk about Teresa's like it's it's because it's it has every or all of those franchises in it that we get to see the throwback the vintage clips of all of them in one place, which I love.
Speaker 1: I love when they're talking about boats and they show all these different clips of all these different women talking about boats. And so then we go to the eighties party at the Quiet Woman. Now in the news and our Bravo News kind of currently There's been a big thing about tameras that Shannon acted horrible at the Quiet Woman during this event. Now we haven't maybe it'll happen next week, but I mean I didn't see Shannon acted any worse than Tamra, right.
Speaker 2: And ultimately it got them, I guess uninvited from the finale party or something that they do during this show. Now, just a little like from the news desk. Today on Andy Cohen Live, Andy addressed that and said, I think it was today that they actually softened some of those scenes between Shannon and Tamra, so we didn't actually watch all of it in this first episode, you know, he was saying, and again I'm paraphrasing, but I was listening this morning. He and John were talking about how you know, this season of The Ultimate Girl Trip is really a celebration, and that I guess it got really dark or too angry between Shannon and Tamra in that Quiet Woman scene. So it sounded like they either went back and removed some stuff, or when they were cutting it together, they purposely sort of left it a little milder than what really happened. But it was bad enough that they were not part of the ending whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, well I know somebody that did production actually on this the scene that we saw, so I might see what I can find out. Have you ever been there to the quiet woman? Yeah, I've been outside, stood outside. I didn't go inside.
Speaker 2: I've never been. I've always right.
Speaker 1: It's right on the street, like there's there's hard right.
Speaker 2: You could see. It's like it's on the main road as it works.
Speaker 1: It's on the main road.
Speaker 2: It looks so much smaller than than what I was picturing, you know. I kind of look at their menu. I'm gotta I'm gonna go to the website and read their menu. Is that where am I going to get? Like steaks and chops there? Is that? What it is? Am I going to get a burger?
Speaker 1: Or?
Speaker 2: Is it like a refined I really don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Just seeing it, I don't think it's refined. I think it's like like a pub pub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, gastro pub. They probably have really good fries. I wonder if they have steak fries though, or shoe string fries. I hope it's a steak frag. I hope it's a steak frog kind of a place.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're not gonna find out right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go I'm gonna look at the menu today.
Speaker 1: Okay. So at the eighties party, so Bunko, the Bunco party, the Bunco party. I used to be in a Bunco group. Bunco was really fun. You were yes, I was yeah.
Speaker 2: And they explained the rules and I did not understand that, Like you have to roll three different dice and if you get ones, it's bunko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get three ones, it's bunko. I can't remember the rules exactly, but rolling the one is the thing, okay. And you want to have like a certain score, like closest to twenty one. I don't know anyway, So Luanne and Giselle before they're going to the party, when they're getting ready, are talking about how Vicki was being a little aggressive about Teresa's finances and you know, and they were like, god, you know. And then Vicki also said, you know, she loves Tamera, but she worries sometimes what Tamar will say. She's performative for the cameras. I guess this is the point, like you don't know what she might bring up or say. It makes you feel a little unsafe because she might say things just for the camera. But I'm like, Tama makes the show go. So they brought out this gross family band to pick up the women as a trick. I thought that was funny. I'm sure that was a production planned, but it was like, these are the this is what I'm loving having all the throwbacks.
Speaker 2: Yes, all these references, and I love that that women got in and I don't know who, but one of them was sitting on the floor because we hear one of the housemens saying, are you sitting on the floor and she's like yeah, And I thought that's great, you know, just jump in.
Speaker 1: That's funny. So at the quiet woman Tamra has arrived and on roller skates, on roller skates with a thong, and Gina Ko was there, who we know is currently has a health battle, so I was glad to see her, and Joe was there. But Gina and Joe really didn't They didn't pop off the page. They didn't. I wanted them to do more, but I guess we're not there to see them. It was just nice to invite them.
Speaker 2: No, But wasn't it amazing hearing Gina say, well, I was really the first, the show was really built around me. I thought that. I was like, oh, I love that she said. Then I was wondering what Vicky would say when Vicky heard.
Speaker 1: Her, you know when I was waiting for that too, But they didn't get into it.
Speaker 2: I don't think Vicky was there yet. I think it sounded like it was just a little private conversation. But Gina Keo definitely says like I was the first one cast and the show is built around me, which I totally believe that.
Speaker 1: But Vicky is the og of the OC and she gets up and says that, and I wonder if Genie Keo's over there going not rolling.
Speaker 2: And we got to see that clip of Tamera throwing the wine in Gina's face, and I had not seen that clip in a long time. So yes.
Speaker 1: So Heather Dubro arrives with the cake with the bow on it. When she walked up with that cake, I was like iconic, and she said, can you believe she hit that cake?
Speaker 2: What happened to Sarah?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, she's shamed forever. So the Ultimate Girls Trip Lady arrived. They all the ladies that are on the cast all arrive, and then this is when Genie Ko says, Vicky was the longest running housewife, but I was the first. I was the first, and I love how Kyle is talking to Joe. And then later she says the production she goes, who's that she was there? And they show her talking to her and she's like, I don't I don't know. Right now, Shannon arrives in her costume that she has ready to go at any time, she has this same costume, always ready to go. She loves a rocker costume. She's ready and.
Speaker 2: They asked her if that's her missus Roper.
Speaker 1: Wig and they showed that. I was like, that's clearly not the same wig.
Speaker 2: But I love that clip.
Speaker 1: I love seeing that Clyph too.
Speaker 2: Yep yep.
Speaker 1: Vicky tells us that she and Shannon are close, that they are still close, and she was upset with Tamra. Vicky was upset with Tarma when she broke up the Trace Amigas, and there's still a lot of tension between Tamara and Shannon, even though you know they're filming together, there's still a lot of tension. So Vicky gets up and does this very strange speech. She welcomes everyone to the Quiet Woman and twenty fifteen, Slade Smiley told her she looked like miss Piggy And at the Bunko party, she and Gretchen got in this huge fight and everybody's like, what now, this would be the time to use the sleep the snory and they're all like, he's the pig who cares keep your face whatever. And the funniest thing, Lisa Bartlow is like, I don't think you need to fix your face at all, and they're like, she already fixed it. She's like, oh, okay, looks great. Fish's great. So tonight she wants to redo Bunko. She wants to go forward, not backwards. And then for some reason she puts up like memorial pictures of Gretchen and Gretchen and Sleigh with candles, and they're like, Porscha goes, is it satanic?
Speaker 2: I mean shrine? It was like a weird shrine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Porchia was like you could have just called them. They live around the corner. So Lou gets the photos, breaks some and goes the party started. Let's go. I mean, so Gizelle's like, this has gone dark, but I don't know what's going on, but okay, So they all sit to like eat and play bunka, and Tama congratulates Vicky on getting her orange back, and then we got to see the clip of that which may be happy, and she says, thank you for recreating this party. No one's going to make fun of your looks. And then everybody's like, well, that wig is terrible. That we will say that her wig is horrible, and Tamara raises her glass to get attention and says, here's to twenty years. Thank you, Wicky, Vicky. Let's give a woo. Who they play bunko now? Tamra says, I've hired some hot eighties guys to come and keep score. Giselle's like, I mean I didn't think they were hot, but you bring out the men, and lu Wan is ready because they are men with penises, so she does a care. So the guys come out. I was like, I kept looking at them. I was like, is one of them going to be like Terry debrou Like I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: I know it's going to be nice. Yeah, I thought it was going to be the husband's first. In fact, I kept looking like, is that one of the husbands? Is that Eddie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, everybody's screeching so much screeching, and Lisa Barlow is trying to make get one of the guys to take a picture and she's like, got her ring light. She's like, no, you have to do this, so you have to do this. No, you do this and then you lean and then you twit. I was like, I need to take notes.
Speaker 2: She Lisa Barlow took ownership everybody. She's like, we don't care about the game, we care about the selfie. And so she directed this guy and then made everybody move and told him how to hold it and how to hold the light. But their pictures were cute.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, listen, I need to take a lesson. So Gizelle Gazelle, because she wants to stir the pot, says to Tamaran and Shannon Shannon at the table, do you guys hate each other? Like what's going on? And Tamar goes no, I mean but last season with Shannon, I tried and Shannon goes no, no, and Tama goes, well, that's your story, and Shandon goes, it's not my story, it's the truth. And Shanna says she filmed with Tamar and just let the prior year ago, they had a good time, they filmed with each other and moved forward. Now are we talking about the current season we're watching twenty? Are we talking about nineteen?
Speaker 2: No? I think we're talking about nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, And then all of a sudden, randomly, Tammar goes, girl, I'm good. I'm the one with the husband and the kids going to college, and the one who has everything. I'm not the one struggling. I was, like, I do believe all three of Shannon's kids have graduated college successful case.
Speaker 2: I took note of that.
Speaker 1: Also, what does that mean I've got a kid going to college, Well, you've got one that doesn't speak to you. So Shanna doesn't have that.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing. I thought. Both Shannon's daughters are by all accounts, thriving in the world.
Speaker 1: Yes, very successful. So I'm the one who has everything. I'm not the one struggling. And Shannon goes what she was, I filmed with you after you treated me horribly and you called me one night you called me a C word eighteen times at a dinner table, So I don't want to have this conversation. She gets she walks off. She tells Tama that she's delusional. And she doesn't, and I guess this is probably where it got bad that they cut it out, because she's walking kind of back and forth and telling Tamra she's delusional, and then taman does the whole like, I'm not the one who drinks too much. Yes, and Shannon, that's sort of where it ended for us, right is when when she did that, Well she did that, And then Shannon goes, you're the one that says you're never drinking again, and then you five hours later couldn't put two words together at a table and quit the show. And Gazelle goes, well, this was not productive, So well, Giselle, you started it. So Shannon's walking around and saying, Tamara is calling me a drunk again. So then Tammer's like, I was a good friend and it took all her calls when she was drunk, And then Lisa Barlow says, I don't like this. The way that Tamara is acting feels icky. Shannon was in the worst part of her life, like getting a divorce and then the John Chances stuff and Tamer's like using it against her, and it feels icky to me, And I agree with that. I think that they do a lot of this, Like, well, off season, you told me this, and I don't know. I just think sometimes I don't know. I just how could you ever be friends with anybody in this world? You could never you, They wouldn't be your real friends ever, for fear they would bring something up later that you told them. Of course, Vicki's like, can we just have cake? Can we just have cake? Can we have cake? Y'all? At this stage of my life, I'm realizing how much my sleep or lack of sleep actually affects everything, energy, mood, focus, any kind of health thing. It all comes back to sleep, especially mood, Like you really don't want to be around me if I haven't gotten eight hours of sleep. And at some point you stop chasing trends and start investing in comfort that lasts, like is it worth it to be hot and miserable while you sleep? Or is it worth it to invest in a good night sleep and get yourself some amazing eight hours. Ball and Branch Betting is designed for exactly that kind of rest. From their signature organic sheets to plush pillows, breathable blankets, and temperature regulating comforters, everything is made to create a bed that truly supports your good sleep. It's incredibly soft and breatheable, y'all. I love these sheets. They're built to get better over time. This is the kind of sleep you should not have to compromise on anymore. Now a lot of customers will start with their sheets, but once they filled them, they upgrade the whole bed. They get those waffle blankets and everything. We've now gotten two sets of Bowling Branch sheets for our beds, and when we change the sheets, we aren't mad like this is the week we have to use the terrible old sheets. No, we've got Bowling Branch, so every time we switch, that's what we have, and they do get softer over time. Now it's Bowling Branch all the time at our house. And we just got the waffle blankets for our bedroom, and now we have their towels. We're just fully a Bowling Branch house at this point. You should upgrade your sleep with Bowling Branch. Get fifteen percent off your first order plus free shipping at Bowlandbranch dot com. Slash pink Shade with code pink Shade, Bowl and Branch b O, L L A and D branch dot com Slash pink Shade code pink Shade to unlock fifteen percent off. Exclusions apply. So Gizelle says to Tamra, Vicky told us earlier today that she can't trust you. She said it to me and Luanne. So there was a cut there after Shannon was kind of going back and forth to can we just have cake?
Speaker 2: To Giselle saying what Vicky had said about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we cut, but we cut away from the Tarma Shannon fight. Yes, so there was something. There's unseen footage there.
Speaker 2: So that must be where it got darker.
Speaker 1: Too too much for them, too much for them, So Gizelle says, and.
Speaker 2: They are loud. They really, they really. I mean I felt like, oh, yeah, I guess these these OC women are louder than the other franchises in a way. Although Atlanta gets pretty loud, but I mean they all get loud. Now that take calm down.
Speaker 1: She's yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true, that's true. And definitely Jersey can get fucking loud.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Gizelle has told Tama this situation. Vicky told us earlier today she can't trust you. She said it to me Luan. So Tama is like what. So Tamara takes Vicky over to a table and says, Giselle says, you were talking shit about me, which is not exactly what she said, but that's creation. Yeah, and Vicky goes, no, no, I just said that. No, sometimes like you just do things, and I get kind of worried, and she goes, well, she said that you talked shit and that you that I make up things, and Vicky says, no, I never said that you made up lies, which she didn't say that. She didn't say that. She says, I just kid.
Speaker 2: Does Tamra know that?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because Tamra does this also for a living, like she knows what's going to be interesting and more salacious or you know, drive more drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Tamra does know what job is. And Vicky goes, I just get scared of being around you because of all the conflict I'm going to point in my life. I just don't want this conflict, and so when I'm around you, there seems to always be something, so it makes me scared. And then Terre was like, what are you talking about? And Vicky goes, it's because of the trace amigas and she goes, well, who cares and Vicky says, it affected us. It affected all of us. So that's why I get scared of conflict with you. I worry about how you treat other women, and I worry that I am next, which I think is sort of like the through line of all these shows. Right, A lot of times you think you don't always see women that are really good friends. Season three, they may be like, well, we got to stir some shut up, so they may turn on their friend, which I hate because I feel like, yeah, if you're really really friends, you don't have to do that. Like I feel like Kyle and Teddy or Tama and Teddy are real friends that probably know a lot about each other that they don't.
Speaker 2: Say, and also that they can work through, but actually work through it as opposed to just like, okay, let's start fresh like that it never works, or if you're feeling a certain way, come to me, Like every single housewife has said that every single season, it just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work, doesn't work. So Tammer goes, what do you mean is it? Because I call tan Is called Shannon out on her drinking, and Vicky says, yeah, it's not your place. Let her deal with it, and I loved that. I was like, okay, Vicky, because Vicky could have said, like, yeah, we all know Shannon has a drinking problem. But but she said, yeah, it's not your place. Let her deal with it. She didn't agree or disagree. She just said, it's not your place, it's her. It's her thing to deal with, not yours. Don't worry about it, which.
Speaker 2: Is about Channing. Let Shannon be about Shannon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then Vicky says, look, Gizelle is just a poster. Okay, you know, what was the point of her doing that? Like, that's not her business either. So they hug it out and so now of course they're like eyeballs on Gizelle, trying to search it up when this is supposed to be like harmonious. And then Heather talks to the ogs and says, thank you for paving the way for all of us. Let's have cake. Somebody can eat the bow. They do cheers. I really wanted I really wanted that cake to come with part of the bow missing. I thought that would have been funnier.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, I thought she had taken it off. Was the bow there?
Speaker 1: It looked intact to me?
Speaker 2: Well, then maybe this was their chance to redo everything the way they were redoing. Bunco ever, was able to serve the cake the way she had originally intended.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's so funny. Well, I'm excited that as we're going forward that we're that now we sort of know what it's about. And I wonder if so, like on this last episode, Giselle and lu Ane were roommates because they do each other from the Love Hotel, I wonder if each time they're going to make people switch up who their roommate is.
Speaker 2: I hope so, I hope so, and it's not. I mean, I kept thinking because I watch on Bravo TV through my directory, so like there are still commercials and stuff. And although I used to be dop do pass commercials, now I tend to scroll or google during commercials, So I really enjoy the commercial breaks. But I put so much thought into the logistics behind it, like how many suitcases and all of these looks and like, oh, well, you know, like Vicky didn't need a suitcase for this first leg because it was going to be an OC, but then when she travels she will needs like it. Just that's all I kept thinking about is and again having traveled with Vicky and Shannon specifically knowing how much they bring just for an overnight, like three Bellman's carts. When we went like on and overnight, I kept thinking, like how many these support vehicles are there, you know, like towing all the luggage and the glam people and the stuff. You know.
Speaker 1: I do wonder though that you're saying that, because por should they show to with three suitcases And there's no way she could take those three suitcases for fourteen days? So you do wonder now that I'm thinking about it, And I'll ask my friend that works in production if he knows if they shipped things like okay, when we're so, ship this to La, you know, ship these twos for them? Yeah, I want.
Speaker 2: And then they could also shed stuff like as they leave a city, they can ship some stuff back. Yeah, waiting for them because they have they had events during the day, the head events at night. And now I also understand with women, a lot of it also comes down to shoes and which person you're going to carry with which shoes and if you're not even sure, then you need to bring your backup thing. Like that's something that I just you know, I went to Asia for three weeks in a carry on, and I just I know that that's not going to be a reality for any of these women.
Speaker 1: How did you wash your clothes? I'm always concerned about you need underwear, you need fresh T shirts.
Speaker 2: I one of my favorite things to do, Mary Pay when I'm traveling is to find a local laundromat like a fluff and fold not at the hotel, because it cause of fortune.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: And I like having an errand to do like a local errand when I'm traveling somewhere. So I would find a local laundromat. You drop it off in the morning, and like I would say, seven times out of ten, maybe even eight out of ten, you pay a few dollars, they'll deliver it to your hotel by end of day. A couple of times I've had to go and pick it up, but most times they'll just drop it off at your hotel. And so it's not good if you're staying one day in each city. You need to have at least two days in one city. But that's what I like to do. I'll just drop everything off and have it laundered and send back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we learned the hard way when we did that trip a couple of years ago where we were in Paris for five days and then London for five days. There's four of us, and so we said, okay, before we leave Paris with the hotel here, we'll just get our laundry done and then we'll have cleaned when we go on to London. She got to London, it was going to be Christmas, so we're like, we're not going to do it. Then that was like the price of two meals to have four people. It was like five dollars for an underwear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like four euro just for one pair of underwear. And we don't want to be like that weird woman who made that video about washing her underwear in the coffee maker. Did you see that in the hotel coffee maker?
Speaker 1: That makes no sense because she wanted hot water. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Well that's what she was saying. She was like, the hot water cleans it and flushes it through. I mean, the weird thing is she then said she was making it up, but I don't know if she really was making it up. He was just trying to get out of because they ended up suing her. They sued her the hotel chain. We had to change all the all the coffee makers, and of course some sleuth was like, I know that hotel, that's the such and such hotel. So then everybody knew what hotel it was. So then they had to make a statement saying they were replacing all their coffee makers. Blah blah blah. Nobody should do that anyway, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, washing with hot water with shampoo used to do that, right, and then hang up and then I'm sorry to whatever cleaning person comes in, I said. We went on a a Disney cruise several years ago, and I got into my room and realized I had literally packed the underwear on my body and like one other underwear and we were there for like four night. I was like, I'm gonna make this work. So I just every day wash my and then hung it up. And I was like, I'm so sorry to our to our room.
Speaker 2: Housekeeping, but they had I did a Disney cruise. I did a Disney cruise so long ago that in the Hercules show, you know, because they do a different shot night. Jennifer Hudson was one of the chorus sing in the Hercules show on the Disney cruise. That's so I saw pre American Idol.
Speaker 1: How did you all know that? How did you know that?
Speaker 2: Because I guess when she was on American Idol or when she became famous. She talked about when she was on the Disney cruise and the friend that I was on the cruise with has photos and he showed me. He was like, this is Jennifer Hudson. And I mean, it's definitely Jennifer Hudson. But they were washing machines on each floor, I think each deck, as they would say they did.
Speaker 1: But what am I going to do? Take one pair of mounds every day? So I was like, I'll just watch it in the seek. Anyway, I'm going on another Disney cruise in January. I'm like the highest level and I mean I don't have young children. I just go. We just do concierge level, everything adult. We never have to beat around any children. The shows. The shows are spectacular with the food is good. We go to like their five star restaurant there, the rimmy amazing. Where how are we going this time? They always go to Nasau and never get off because who cares?
Speaker 2: And then they stop at the Disney Island.
Speaker 1: Now they have two islands Oh, so the first one is Castaway Do you say k or key, It's Key.
Speaker 2: I think it's Key spelled K.
Speaker 1: So it's Castaway Key. Now that used to be Pablo Escobar's island.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yes, they show you like here's the runway where the drug planes would come in. Yes, it was Pablo Escobar's island that you saw on Narcos like for real. And then they just bought a second island. And then that one's called like Lighthouse Key or Lookout Key and it just opened. So our boat's gonna go there as well. But I don't know where they got that island from. I hope it's not an island that we don't want to go to, but it's.
Speaker 2: Well they I remember hearing that they owned they built up Castaway Key specifically so that they could skirt paying the fines for draining drink, like the sewage cleaning or they're long whatever it is. There's services that Disney does at their little island which that they don't have to do it in the Port of Call. They're able to either process the sewage or the water plant or the laundry. There's something there that's why they all stop there and you know, go spend the day at the beach and the barbecue. But it's because the ship itself is using that stop to take care of some of the services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they only ever have your boat is there. They never have two Disney boats there, so it's nobody there but the people from your boat, which is nice. And then now they've got this second island, so they rotate and I don't know where that second island came from. I don't know what you think.
Speaker 2: And now they have a lot. They have more ships too. When I went, I feel like there were only two ships, the Wonder and the Magic, I think, and I went, but again that was one hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: I've been on the Wonder, the Magic and the Dream and this one is like the Destiny. It's a new boat, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Have to let me know.
Speaker 1: And the kids are it's just me and the kids, and we have a group of friends and all of our adult kids are going. This is the first time we're going where the kids are adults and can drink you know, nice legally, and so you know, our favorite thing we love to go to bingo. We love we love the good, clean fun.
Speaker 2: And it was beautiful. Do they still have that restaurant where like it changes colors or it becomes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do your animation at the table and then you hand it to your waiter and then they run it through a thing and then you get to see.
Speaker 2: Oh that I didn't exist that. Oh that's way a p I didn't have such.
Speaker 1: Your your thing that you do at your table. You animates, you draw something, and then they take them up. And then at the end when they do their little show on the animator stuff on the walls, everybody your own stuff is there and I love that. And then the characters come out of the wall and like talk to you, like the it's wild. It's really cool.
Speaker 2: I remember we had we had the same waiter though every night, so we would go to a different restaurant, but we would have our same waiter. Felt that like they had to put on like an equally ridiculous costume from the one that they had to wear last night. Like yes, it's just we felt so bad for our guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the white staff follows you and that's really good. And then they do have now on several of the boats. They you could look this up because you're a foodie. Remy and then they have another one on this new boat. I can't think of the name of it, but Remy is obviously a French restaurant. And when I tell you we have two times, I've been the most incredible, Like they have just like the little menus and this is what you're getting. Yeah, a lot of choices. It's very shashy yeh, fixed menu, fancy with the wine pairings or not or whatever. And I would tell you it's like one of the best meals you'll ever have in your life. And they tell you that the chef chfon of the in France created the menu, and you're like, okay, so you know you do that again? No kids, so yes, we just listen. I haven't been on anything but a Disney cruise the years, and then I just with their friends.
Speaker 2: I've been on two cruises. One was the Disney cruise and one was the Viking Cruise. With my friend Brian, I went to cruise a river cruise.
Speaker 1: Did you like Paris and Normandy?
Speaker 2: No, We went from Baslu up to Amsterdam. So we went along the Rhine River through Germany and a little bit of France, but mostly Germany, and I loved it and I'm very afraid of the water. And what I love about the River cruise is if you look to your left, you see land, and if you look to your right, you see land. Okay, and they do that whole like muster station thing. The captain was like, so if there's an emergency, you will swim there or you will swim there, and that was basically and I was like, Okay, I can handle I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. My husband only likes a cruise ship if it has a casino.
Speaker 2: And Disney does the Disney No, they do not, they don't. Viking definitely does not either.
Speaker 1: No, so he doesn't. He did a Disney Crust couple of times and he's like, no, and he feels very trapped on a boat.
Speaker 2: I get it. I I totally can relate.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you're going.
Speaker 1: I love to be trapped on a boat. Listen. We are done, and again, as per huge, we talked about a bunch of craft that you know what I want to know about. But that's okay, Doug. That's the joy of Doug Neton is that you are actually very, very versed in almost every topic. You you're you great at a dinner party or a cocktail party.
Speaker 2: I bet Okay, now feel bad? No, of course, I love. I love. I love to talk about all different kinds of things. I mean, now, now I'm like, oh God, I have to google if it's key. Okay, but I'm sure it's key. You know, I think you know. What I was thinking is of gentle breeze from Hashabai mountains softly blows or lalla by bay. It's bo waiting wa now and your boat waits down by the key. And it's key because it brings your troubles to C. Key rhymes with c.
Speaker 1: It's key, but it's spelled K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's spelled k h a y.
Speaker 1: It's key, but castaway K is c a y.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's still key. It's what is K C A y?
Speaker 1: I think it's spelled it's castaway K. It's like it spelled, but it's pronounced key. I believe he's gonna look it up.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get let's confirm.
Speaker 2: Let's cast away okay, Uh pronounce.
Speaker 1: How is k pronounced okay?
Speaker 2: Castaway c A y is pronounced castaway key rhyming with B castaway K. Yes, it's held c a y. The word comes from the Spanish term meaning small island. It follows traditional Caribbean or Caribbean nautical pronunciation of key correct sound, key incorrect sound. K, thank you it's key.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you one more, one more fun fact. Yeah, it's for you to use at your next cocktail party. Where we have our beach house is bald Head Island, North Carolina. So it's it's off the coast of like Wilmington, and it's an island and you go there on the ferry. When you get there, it's golf carts and bikes, no cars, and we love it and it's my happy place. But there's there's streets there and they're all named after various pirates and things that happen on the island are the way they have no like steed bonnet this or you know, the names of these pirates and things that came to that. And the street that we're on and the streets that run around the island in the circle are spelled w y and d wind but they're pronounced wind wind, So lots of people with their house names are timed to unwind unwinding right, because it looks like unwinding, but it's w y and d So when I say to somebody on the phone, like if I have you the address, I'll say blank blank blank west bald head wind and they'll go can you spell that? Not go oh, I just should just say wind. Yes, it's too hard. But that's a fun fact. And I had to look it up at one point as well, because I was like, some people say wind, but most people say whine wind. Yeah, the fact for you, Doug.
Speaker 2: Last last one for me. What since we're talking about islands, what animal are the Canary Islands named for?
Speaker 1: Well, one would assume it would be birds, but that's not the answer. Okay, I'm gonna say turtles.
Speaker 2: Nope, what is it? Well if you think Latin? Okay, because of course we're going to go back to Latin. So canare we get from? Can canus K nine k c a N Canary Islands are named for dogs? Wow? Now I'm going to just add no joke. I learned that as a child from these little Dixie cups that my mom purchased that had little trivia and I know that that's what it said. I boy do I hope it's true, because it's been you know, fifty four years of me. Canary Islands name for dogs, but I remember it and then my mom teaches me, Yeah, the Canary Islands get their name from dogs, Canaria meaning island of dogs. They found large fear. Dogs are the Latin root. It comes from the Latin canis which is the Latin word for dog.
Speaker 1: This is fun facts with Doug and Mary payin.
Speaker 2: We which is called Facts at the Beach.
Speaker 1: We the four of the kids and everybody when we go every year, we always played trivial pursuit and this year we had green Eyes versus Blue Eyes, which is my husband and my daughter versus myself and my son.
Speaker 2: You and I could be in a team together.
Speaker 1: We could be in a team and guess what, my son and I lost twice. But at the last, very last question. But I was holding that team on my back. I mean everyone does. John's like, Mom, you're so smart. I was like, you are here for the sports questions. You are not helping. You are not helping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's I would fail if it was sports or pop current music or whatever.
Speaker 1: But well you get lucky because it's sports and leisure and sometimes you get a leisure question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the sports ones would always.
Speaker 1: I'm always like Babe Ruth Lebron James, I don't.
Speaker 2: The other Wen and down. I remember it was like went in dout just say King one Callers of Spain, Like somebody worked out that King one Callers of Spain was an answer more than anything else in that original trivial pursuit. And so your odds if you have to guess, you just guess King One Callers of Spain.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Okay, I'm going to remember that helpful hint. Doug, tell everybody where they can find you on the social media and about your fun cooking show and all the things.
Speaker 2: Well, I am on Instagram at Doug Buden d Oug b U d I N and you can join me most Thursdays on Instagram Live at five pm Pacific, eight eastern seventh Central, where I cook and kibbits where I just go on Instagram Live and I usually have friends with me in the kitchen and we cook and we hang out and talk to each other and talk to people who are watching.
Speaker 1: Coming up this Thursday, Yeah, this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Is I think it's just me, maybe my friend Lisa Browse is going to join. But I'm making this amazing town which is an apple tart, which is so easy to make. It just requires like four apples, ready made pastry, some sugar and some water and some butter and that's it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Well I love a ready made pastry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I buy bought some and that you keep it in your freezer and you just when you bring it to room, tamp and roll it out. I SALAINI, my best friend SALAINI made a tomato tart a couple of weeks ago. It was or last week. It was a disaster and it was disgusting, but we had leftover pastry. So the next night we were like, let's use up the other piece of pastry. And I read about this super easy apple tart, so we made it. It was so amazing. I went out and bought another two pieces of pastry, so I'm going to use one this week for an apple tart and we'll see. Hopefully I can repeat it because it was super easy and really delicious.
Speaker 1: Easy is always good for me. For me, I'm not you know the world's best chef. Everybody make sure you're following Doug. Doug is funny, Doug, you do have some spawn con and I love it because I would sponsored content.
Speaker 2: Oh I do, I have spat spam con I never heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love it because then I got encouraged and yeah, and I'm about to buy a second perfectly snug actually for the beach to beach. Okay, all right, thank you, Doug. Love you mean it.
Speaker 2: Bye bye