Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on JR. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Tom's Watch Bar. Got a little Magic watch party going on tonight that the Bulldog is hosting. Magic will be facing these Celtics, if I if I'm correct.
Speaker 3: The defending champion Boston Celtics. Yeah, we'll be out of Tom's watch Bar and I Drive tonight about seven o'clock. Come on out. We're gonna watch the game. We're gonna give away prizes. Got some good prizes, Magic tickets, Monster Jam tickets, many many other prizes as well.
Speaker 4: So come join us.
Speaker 3: Great food, great drink, grink, camaraderie and watching the game on their one hundred and fifty big screens Tom's watch Bar tonight on I Drive.
Speaker 4: What time do you go out there again? What time do you start?
Speaker 3: About seven o'clock? All right, seven, Yeah, we're gonna be out there all night long, So come party with us at Tom's watch Bar. Magic do play tonight. They need to get their shooting in order starting tonight, because yeah, we talked about it yesterday. Until they start shooting a little bit better. They're not gonna They're not gonna progress like we think they should. And but once they get Fronz and Jalen Sugs back, hopefully that will work itself out. NFL playoffs this weekend. Before we get into the playoffs, have you guys, has the College football National Championship Game gotten lost?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny you brought that up, because I, uh, yesterday it hit me. I was like, oh wait, they're still the National Championship Game. I had literally forgotten about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, We've got four divisional NFL games this weekend, exciting Houston, Kansas City, Washington at Detroit that's on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Then we have the Rams versus.
Speaker 3: The Eagles, and then the Biggie Baltimore Buffalo on Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's all anybody's talking about nationally.
Speaker 3: Locally, the college football National Championship Game is off the radar.
Speaker 2: You also combine, afterthought, you also combined the fact that Monday is a holiday. Monday is also Inauguration Day. Weather is big time in the news right now, so people are talking about just about anything else other than that.
Speaker 1: Game and the fires and all that stuff. It's so funny, dog like Pat said that you brought up because yesterday I had the same thing Pat did, where I thought, oh, that's right, that is Monday. I think you what I would talk in Pat, remember earlier in the are the other day, and I go, oh, yeah, Monday, that's right, that's the game that I'm going to watch the buddies place.
Speaker 3: All right, the four NFL games. I think everybody's picking the Chiefs right.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, Commanders Lions. I think everybody's gonna pick the Lions there. But the Commanders, man watch out for them. They were I think they won like five straight games like that's come down to the final play. So I think I think that could be an exciting game. Jade and Daniels. Obviously, the Washington quarterback is a freak of nature. He's a rookie and he looks unbelievable. But are we all picking the Lions as much as I like the Jade and Daniels story. And they come back of the Commanders. I hope the Lions run them out of the building. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I sort of do too. I hope, I hope they do.
Speaker 1: But I don't have some weird feeling about this one.
Speaker 3: I'm just going Rams at Eagles on Sunday. The Rams really good on Monday night. They are coming off a short week. Their defense man has has stepped up, obviously, they have their receivers. I'm going to pick an up set here. You can go with the Rams to beat the Eagles.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not gonna calling that upset. I'm picking the Rams. I think they're the better team with Pooka Nakua and all those guys. I'm going Rams pat you Eagles at home. I'm not going to bet against the home team there and the.
Speaker 3: Biggie On Sunday night, Baltimore at Buffalo, Lamar Jackson versus Josh Allen, the two leading MVP candidates.
Speaker 4: It's at Buffalo. But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: That rave The Ravens are actually favored on the road, and for good reason.
Speaker 4: I don't see.
Speaker 3: Buffalo being able to stop stop that offense.
Speaker 2: Jackson really in that game. So weather could have an impact. You you don't really cold. I think Derrek Henry would like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you're running game with her and then with your quarterback who can run too.
Speaker 4: That's I'm going You can say the same thing about the Bills un game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could, although I wouldn't put James Cook in the same category as the Julie freight track. The guy that washed up that was Mark Daniel.
Speaker 4: Okay, whatever, all the listeners pact on that.
Speaker 2: I'm going buffalo in that, Pat you, I'm taking buffalo at home as well.
Speaker 3: Other news, Lebron's business manager and his boyhood buddy, Maverick Carter. All right, Maverick Carter is been enlisted to advise a new basketball league that's going to compete with the NBA. Five billion dollars in investments They're they're supposedly getting from a bunch of different sources including I'm reading the story, including a sovereign Weltz funds.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking that sounds like saw.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the Saudis are going to be involved with this. And again, Lebron's right hand man is involved in this. But they're saying that Lebron has nothing to do with it. So it's buying that it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be six international men's teams and six international women's teams. That's what's being proposed. I have one question. No, I'm not buying that Lebron has no interest in this. What's hover My question is this, has mister Maverick looked at the NBA ratings this year?
Speaker 3: Maybe I not only think Lebron's gonna be involved, I think he's gonna be the commissioner this.
Speaker 4: New Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's already did the facto commissioner of the NBA. He'll have the official title with this new league.
Speaker 1: And when they say it's going to compete with the NBA, hello, PGA and Live Golf, Yeah, that was going to compete.
Speaker 2: I'm a golfer. I'm not watching live. Sorry, hey, bulldog. What's going on with this assistant coach in Gainesville?
Speaker 3: Tory and Green assistant basketball coach at the University of Florida. The Gators are already mired in a scandal with their head coach, Todd Golden, who's being investigated for Title nine violations, that sexually charged violations, and now Tory and Green, who, by the way, former player for the Gators, played on those back to back national championship teams with Yeah, I'm uh no Jokim Noah and those guys. He's now an assistant coach. He's been he's been accused of by a university employee, a female employee, of sexual assault. I guess he tried to kiss this woman. He tried to put it. According to her, he tried to put his hands down her pants. She fought him off and left, and now she's filed a complaint. This happened last year, and they wanted to question this woman about the Todd Golden allegations. And when she was being questioned about that, she said she got to thinking.
Speaker 4: According to her, hey I need to.
Speaker 3: Uh, I need to tell him about this other incident that happened because maybe it's part of the environment in that basketball program.
Speaker 2: Did was there any info as to where the alleged incident happened?
Speaker 3: It was it was in the university athletic facility.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay wow? All right. To be continued on that as more developments present themselves. Mike the Bulldog byankey host of Open Mic on am SEV forty FM ninety six to ninety game each weekday morning on a Jason Dust and thank you so much, Dog has always for taking time out of your busy show to join us for the sports page here each morning on jr R. Come join us at Tom's watch Bar tonight.
Speaker 4: Oo JR supports.
Speaker 1: Local business tell us where you listen and work using the talkback on the iHeartRadio app, and you could hear it back on Double jr R.
Speaker 3: Download the free iHeartRadio app now at wjr r dot com