Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Welcome this Thursday afternoon at the tri State. Of course, the Bengals tee it up on Sunday. Normally the Browns game is big. I think it's sold out, so if they win that game, they have a two and a half percent chance of getting in the playoffs. No more by the close of business on Sunday, but until then, Julie Gunlock with the Independent Women's Form IWF dot org. I think they have a new memor. Riley Gaines has joined, which is fabulous and I've contacted her. But one of the great leaders of the Independent Women's Forum is Julie Gunlock. And Julie welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show this Thursday afternoon. But most importantly, I would have to say that I wake up every day with a little bit of a smile on my face because of what happened November. The fifth electoral colleges have now met. Life is good. Are we starting to see a turn when it comes to DEI, when it becomes the president appointing a firing people based upon race or gender. Are we making a slight turn toward the light or are we still in darkness?
Speaker 2: I think we are, I really do. I think people are tired of the race fading. I think people are tired of the race hostility. I think people are feeling very patriotic these last couple of weeks and very positive and very excited for this new administration. I definitely sent a change, a shift, a desire to move on and to get on with it. So I you know, I'm very hopeful. I think twenty twenty five is going to be a great year. I think the era of the second Trump administration is going to be very exciting, and.
Speaker 1: I feel it.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: I live in Washington, DC. I was here for the first Trump administration where liberals were losing their minds and you know, we're just so despondent and we're panicking and we're really trying. I mean from the even before he was sworn in, they had created the sildossier. They were, you know, pursuing this Russia collusion hopes. They were already know it was famously on the view they said we are going to impeach him even before he was sworn in. Now you know, you actually have Democrats Recently, just this past weekend, we had the Army Navy Game and you know, there's this picture of Wes Moore, Maryland governor as liberal as they come. Uh, Donald Trump's hand smiling, grinning ear to ear. So I really do think things have changed. I think people are desperate to get into the Trump administration. He's obviously considering even appointing some Democrats obviously like RFK, but there are others and lower level positions that Trump is considering, and these Democrats are eager to get these positions. So things have definitely changed.
Speaker 1: We always like to complain and talk radio. Sometimes it's good to pass around the flowers. One thing that happened a few days ago Senator Josh Holly and Senator John Kennedy my favorite two senators that we're going after. President Baker of the NAA, I'm sorry the ncublea nc DOUBLEA claims that boys can dress and shower and have facilities to the girls. These are adults, These are eighteen, nineteen, twenty two year olds, and that he kept defending the fact that, after all, we have to comply with Title nine to make sure that depending upon your section of equal access, and the point was made. There were five or six teams of volleyball female players from fifty to sixty women who refuse to play against a man who in tournament action. And although volleyball is not the biggest sport in the world, but to those girls it is. They have the right under federal law to adequately participate in separate but equal facilities. And the President NC DOUBLEA said no, they don't. And to watch Holly and Kennedy go after this former Republican who's a liberal governor of Massachusetts was good, but he refused to say that girls are for girls and women or for women. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no explaining it. He's absolutely insane. It's psychopathic behavior to suggest that women to be put in these kinds of situations. Let's not forget Peyton McNabb. She is a fellow with the Independent Women's Forum. In college, she was hit in the face. She's a volleyball player, she's a champion volleyball player. She was playing opposite a team that had a biological male on their team, pretending to.
Speaker 4: Be a woman.
Speaker 2: He spiked that ball, he kicked her in the face. She went down and now has permanent brain damage because that She talks about it at the Independent Women's forum. There is an incredible video about her called kill Shot, part of iws' Storytelling pet project. Again, it's called kill Shots. How Peyton McNabb turned tragedy into triumph And she certainly has. And one of the ways that she's done this this horrifying experience of playing on her women's volleyball team in college, being spiked in the face by a male on the opposite team, again having permanent disabilities because of it. She is now speaking out. She's talking about the great risks that women's face in volleyball, but in other sports too. We've seen this in women's lacrosse, just a couple like last year, there was a women's lacrosse team playing against another team. There was a biological male. He hit that ball. It hit a girl in the face.
Speaker 3: She lost teeth.
Speaker 2: The whaling, the whaling that came from that young girl as she was struck in the face by that puck. It was horrifying. And again, women in all sorts of sports are facing the stickturb And at that hearing that you mentioned said, Ah, it's not a big deal, ten girl, It's not a big deal. It is such a disgusting and despicable thing. To ignore the real risks. Martina Navratilova and other professional sports figures have gotten up and said this is a legitimate Hey, and these are liberal women. I mean, you think about about some of the other people in this.
Speaker 5: We have a.
Speaker 2: Coalition, for goodness sake, we are in a coalition with Wolf that is Women's Liberation Front. Okay, they are hardly conservative. They are as about as radical a feminists as they come, who are in coalitions with the end of the pro you know, the the pro male, frankly independent Women's Forum. And we all agree that this is a danger to women. Again, it is despicable. It is misogyny. It is ignoring the true risks that women are taking by performing in on sports teams and having to face biological math. Not to mention just how outrageous it is that biological males are taking our trophies, our metals are placed on podiums, our scholarships. Again, it is the women's rights issue.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Iws IS is on the right side of this, and so these congressmen and senators to get up there and pretend this isn't a big deal.
Speaker 5: It's shameful.
Speaker 1: You know, I live in a functional part of our great country, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. You live in a dysfunctional one. Virginia has its moments in Washington, d C. But I can't imagine the sixty percent of women and girls who live in California, who live in Illinois, Massachusetts, New York State, who live in the state of denial. Shall we say that must allow high school boys to enter their private spaces and must allow men to play women's sports. I mean, I'm thinking, what world do we live in? When I was in high school, we had a classmate of mine that used to sneak into the girl's bathroom to watch them undress, and he was finally suspended and sadly went to Vietnam and didn't make it. But nonetheless, I can't imagine that the more than half of the women and girls who live in blue cities and blue states. I don't have that experience because I understand it. You're in California, Oregon, Washington, Massachusetts, Illinois, a woman or a girl has no rights to private spaces. And may God help you if you object.
Speaker 2: Well listen. And also where are the rape survivor and violence against against women activists right that were used to be pretty prevalent, used to be pretty prominent. Now they're utterly serious as silence on this, they've disappeared. Why are we supposed to pretend that these women who have who have sexual assault and rape, have experienced that aren't supposed to be nervous and uncomfortable with a biological male, intact male, some are intact, some are not intact, But these are biological males. Why are we supposed to present those women are not going to feel uncomfortable, not and you don't even have to be a victim of sexual assault and rape to feel uncomfortable. I don't want to undress in front of a biological male. I don't want I don't have daughters, but if I did have a daughter, I wouldn't. I don't want my son to have to undress in front of a female who is pretending to be a male. The world has gone absolutely bananas. It has gone bananas. And again, it really sickens me that these groups that ostensibly were there to stick up for the victims of sexual assault and rape have suddenly gone silent. You know, these are groups that spent you know, weeks harassing Kavanaugh for an allegation that had absolutely no evidence whatsoever and was absolutely absurd. And then when these real things are happening, like men showing up, biological men showing up and intimidating and scaring biological females in their private spaces, they are suddenly on vacation again. It's despicable, it's disgusting. Women really are have been left by other women's advocates, but thank god there are groups like Independent Women's Form and we're not alone. There's a lot of other really great women's organizations, mostly on the right, and you, mostly conservative, that are are fighting back on this issue.
Speaker 1: You have boys. I'm looking at an op ed you wrote to Mom's Guide to Parenting trans questioning kids. I'm watching some of this stuff on YouTube about congressional hearings about puberty blockers and our hormonal therapies and gender transitioning that now Great Britain and Scandinavian countries are about twenty years ahead or behind us, and they're saying, look, we're not doing this anymore because there's no evidence whatsoever. And this is the Great Britain Health Service in Scandinavian country, we've gone through this. There's no evidence of improving mental health whatsoever. And to say to a fourteen year old girl, we're gonna let you have a double mass sectomy and a hysterectomy order a boy, We're gonna cut off your testicles and get rid of your penis at the age of fifteen or sixteen because you think you're living in some other sex. Other countries have done this and said this is ridiculous. So looking at your op ed at IWF dot org, a Mom's guide to parenting trans questioning kids they get from a TikTok from their social social media sites, all this information about you're in the wrong body. And I watch this testimony from this girl who said even though I'm a boy, I have a girl's brain. Or a girl says I'm fourteen, I'm a girl, but my I got a boy's brain and I want to be a boy. And so what do you do if you're if you're a mom and here comes you're a sixteen year old girl who says, you know, Mom, I got a boy's brain and I want to have my breast cut off. Can you help mothers in the tri State and mothers throughout the world understand what they have to do?
Speaker 2: Listen, moms are going to be presented with this idea. This is from the medical community, psychology community, and the entire teaching community. They're going to be told you have to affirm. They're going to be use terms like gender affirming care. These sound nice, right, Affirm them, reassure them, go ahead and do what they want. You've got to do that. And you know why, you know why you need to do. This is a lie they're going to tell you. They're going to tell you because your kids to commit suicide, so you get to decide. You get to have a dead Susie or an alive Johnny. And that is what they're going to tell you. Let me tell you when your child, when you, as a parent, are presented with two choices suicide and my lot, and my child stays alive, although altered, you will always choose life. You love your child and you want them to stay alive. It is the I'm telling you right now, Billy, this this is demonic. What these medical professionals, what these teachers, with these school counselors, and the entire psychological industry and psychiatry industry is doing two children is dark and demonic.
Speaker 3: It is evil.
Speaker 2: It is so wrong. As parents Your job is to protect your child. It is absolutely critical that you ignore this phrase gender affirming care. Do not affirm your child if they want to change their identity. And let me tell you why. An enormous number, like eighty five percent of children who decide I'm transgendered, they they identify as transgender. They say to their parents, I want to change my you, I want to get on puberty blockers, I want to get on hormones. I eventually want to get surgery. Some insane number like eighty five percent of those kids grow out of it. Some of those kids do go on to become gay or lesbian, but many of them don't. This is a phase, and they go back and they're perfectly happy living in the in the in the body that they have. And so you have to ignore what these people are telling you to. I know it's hard. And let me tell you. We live in a time where, uh, there's always this appeal to authority. Well, what do you know, You're just a parent. I'm a doctor, I'm a psychiatrist, I'm a psychotgist. I'm a teacher. I know this, right, I'm the expert. Ignore this. This credential class stuff is dangerous. You know your parent, You know your child the best you are the parent. Take hold of that, have confidence in that, trust your own sort of belief in your child, and really deny these requests from your child to it is it will pass In fact in California.
Speaker 1: Is it true that in California Gavin Newsom, who wants to be the president, says that if a mom and a dad say no to gender transitioning, that the state will come in and take your child away from you.
Speaker 2: Yes, and people need to be aware of happy in more and more safe. In Virginia, we fought a law where this is a state rep. Named Elizabeth Guseman. She wanted to criminalize parents to deny their children's request to get on puberty blockers or have surgery. She wanted to throw those parents in jail. It is again, I'm telling you, this is demonic stuff. You have to resist this, You have to rest again again. In nine out of ten cases, these kids grow out of it and they go on to have very healthy lives. These puberty blockers are not reversible. Okay, hormones are not reversible. We deal with children who are what are called d transitioners. Now at Independent Women's Forum. We have done a tremendous amount of work with these young men and women, and my goodness, the de transitioning process is so painful because many of them have permanent For young girls, they have permanent hair from taking testosterone on their faces and on their necks and some on their chests. They have permanently lowered their voices, they have hips problems, and they lose density in their bones. It's extremely, extremely dangerous to give cross hormones to these very young children. And frankly, the medical community is lying to you. They do not know the full extent of the effects of these drugs on these kids. In many cases, these kids will grow up to be anorgathmic. They will never have sexual pleasure. It is tragic, and in many cases they've serialized themselves. So resist the pressure that you maybe get from getting from the outside to do this to your son or daughter.
Speaker 3: Resist it.
Speaker 1: It's the thing you can do for your Kidju only gunlock. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. But say to a fourteen or fifteen year old, you can't drive a car, you can't smoke a cigarette, but guess what you could have your breast cut off. That's okay, and go to a hospital to get it done and everything's going to be great. It is sick. You say demonic, and I'll second that emotion. Julie Gunlock, good luck with you and your boys. IWF dot org is where to go, lots of resources. And once again, Merry Christmas, and Julie Gunlock, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Julie, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Erry Christmas. Let's continue with more. This is sick, and I don't know how we got here. It's because of money. These so called civil rights groups want to keep raising money and they need new causes, and don't let your children be the experimental reason for them to make a lot of money. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW Bill Cunningham, the Great American Optimism is high through the roof, out the sky because it appears normal Americans are now in charge of the executive branch of the federal government, and Elon Musk and my friend Vivek Ramaswamp are leading the Department of Government Efficiencies called Dodge Doge Dodge whatever it might be, which is an opportunity to shrink the federal government, and of course I believe in those things most normal Americans do. This is about the eighteenth time new administrations have said beginning I guess with the Grace Commission, and I saw a clip going back to YouTube, all the way back to the Johnson administration where the federal government come in they're going to cut spending, and Bill Clinton said it, the era big government is over. And of course Bush forty three grossly expanded the federal government. Same thing happened, of course under Obama. Then under the first Trump term, they added about seven or eight trillion dollars to the national debt. And now here we are after Biden, who's losing his way, can't find his way back home. He's lost. I added another eight trillion dollars after four years, and we can't continue on this path. Tim Chapman is with Advancing American Freedom. He's the president of AAF and Tim Chapman, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Tim, why should we be optimistic this time when we've heard this repeatedly from Republicans and Democrats, We're going to cut federal spending why is this time different?
Speaker 6: Hey, well, thanks for having me, Bill, And what a great question. I mean, we've all been through the ringer with so many Republican administrations and different Republican leadership teams that just weren't able to get it done for one reason for another. But you know, I do think this time could potentially be different.
Speaker 3: I think one of the things that I'm.
Speaker 6: Hopeful about is with this DOGE Commission, you know, is I think there's an element of a popular opinion that is behind what's going on right now.
Speaker 3: I think in some ways, non.
Speaker 6: Traditional characters like Elon Musk and Vivek Ramaswami and others bring some sort of popular appeal to the issue of spending cuts that just hasn't been there in decades past. You know, as you point out, absolutely there have been so many promises and there you know, many of us were part of big time revolutions. I think back to the Tea Party resolution in twenty ten, where we you know, swept through Congress and put limited government conservatives in in in seats all up and down.
Speaker 3: The do nation.
Speaker 6: But you know, we just weren't able to get it done because because at the top level there was not a commitment to it, and there was not an ability to persuade popular opinion across across the board.
Speaker 3: And my hope for the Doge is.
Speaker 6: That because he is engaged, and because others are engaged, and he's bringing actually some youthful energy online into this. You see you see people on you know, Reddit boards, and you see people on x Twitter and Twitter and whatnot, you know, suggesting areas for cuts and and and this is kind of like an online phenomenon that I think is very interesting that could provide a bit of a spark and an enough popular goodwill to get this done. And I also just think we're at at the end of a long term, you know, four decades fight on this issue of government spending, and I think the backlash if there's failure here will be so severe that that it's just not worth it.
Speaker 3: For Republicans not to deliver on this promise.
Speaker 1: Well between jd. Vance also from Cincinnati, Vivek Ramaswami from Cincinnati, the Great American from Cincinnati, I have hope. I'm watching the keeing Jeffries the other day, the leader of the Democrats in the House calling it the Dodge Committee. They want to dodge the issues intead of DOGE. If I add up, if I take defense spending, which people are Republicans are saying, I saw Speaker Johnson the other day say that's going up at least twenty five billion dollars or more. So, take defense spending. Take social Security with the Trumpsters set is off the table. Take Medicare Medicaid, which the Trumpeter says we have to expand Medicare and Medicaid. Take interest on the national debt, and take federal retirement programs. That's about an interest on the national that's about seventy percent of the budget. And so if you say, okay, we're going to go in, we're not going to cut defense spending. We're not going to cut Medicare and Medicaid, We're not going to cut social Security, we're not going to cut federal employment retirement programs. We can't cut interest on the national debt. So how do you get blood out of the turnip the last thirty percent? Explain that to the American people?
Speaker 6: Well, thank you so much for pointing that out. Look, this is the thing, Like we do think that the DOGE is a very positive of very positive development. But if the DOGE is not the tip of the spear, and there has to be a massive movement behind the DOGE.
Speaker 3: Then we're in trouble.
Speaker 6: If all it is is in an effort to cut a small portion of discretionary spending that is symbolic and than actually eat in to the mandatory side of our budget, which as you point out, is massive, then this won't be anything more than a drop in the bucket. So what we've been encouraging the DOGE to do is to first start with the discretionary spending. Start with start with portions of discretionary spending that are wildly unpopular, and go after them, but then demonstrate that you can actually do cuts and it's not the end of the world, and follow it with real mandatory spending cuts. So there are also and this is going to and here's the key thing, bill, this requires congressional action. So it's not just enough to do this for the DOSE to recommend that the president unilaterally take action in different agencies. That's fine, Okay, that's great. Let's let's find efficiencies where we can find the efficiencies. Let's cut some bureaucratic red tape and and and and and actually try to get downstream benefits from that.
Speaker 3: But again it's a drop in the bucket. You then have to follow the dose has.
Speaker 6: To follow that with a commitment to real reforms, and so the Congress has to enact things like that. If you want to do this, you got to repeal the Democrat's Green New Deal legislation otherwise known as the IRA.
Speaker 3: Explain that.
Speaker 1: Explain the amount of money involved on this Green New Deal folly. Explain how much money it was originally predicted to be about four hundred billion, turned out to be over a trillion. Explain that to Tony Bender, my producer, so even he can understand it.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I mean, I think Tony can get this. The Democrats and CBO promised that this would be a four hundred and thirty billion dollar bill over ten years. Okay, that's what they said that this was going to be. And as ever, with these kinds of programs, it ended up costs. It's now projected to cost over a trillion. Okay, So and what are we doing with this? Look down drilled down into the IRA. They said that they were going to appropriate seven point five billion dollars to build EV charging stations, which they appropriated, and yet we only have twenty of them built to date. Okay, so how many times it's twenty? You go into seven point five billion dollars? All right, how much are we paying for an EV charging station? I mean, this is the biggest boondoggle.
Speaker 3: In modern times. And so if the dose wants to be effective, the dose go ahead. Let's go cut all.
Speaker 6: That you know, discretionary spending and do it from from the executive branch. But then you better get Congress engaged. And Congress has to repeal, repeal the Green New Deal legislation and then get busy on mandatory spending.
Speaker 1: Including the Biden student lung cancelation cost about a trillion dollars. Planned parenthood, killing healthy unborn babies is five hundred million. Bad radio called public radio. I have to pay my tax dollars to a competitor that's a left wing extreme group called PBS. Got to do that. And another another thing is about ten to fifteen percent of retired folks don't need the money at all. How about means testing social Security? If I have multi millionaire friends like Tony Bender and others who don't need Social Security, but they collect it anyway because the checks and the mail how about advancing the age beginning if you're twenty five or thirty years old, it goes up to seventy two or seventy is easy things to do that don't affect the folks that are retired that need the money, but about ten to twenty percent of us don't need it, and we get it. How about those ideas? How about cutting Social Security to those who don't need it at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely correct. And look, this is let's be honest about this, and you're being honest about it. But you know, this is a weakness that we have in the Trump administration, and as you pointed out, they made a very strong commitment not to touch any of these of these entitlement programs. And look, it's not about cutting entitlements, it's about saving entitlements for the next generation. Right, They're not going to be there if not the next generation. So you got to find a way to make these kinds of no brain, common sense reforms like you just referenced, and be real with the American people. One of the reasons that Donald Trump got elected is because he is a far more authentic and straight shooting candidate than the person that he was running against. That needs to also apply to our federal budget, and that needs to apply to our entitlement programs. He's got the capacity to do it. He's got the capacity to level with the American people. We really need him to do it well.
Speaker 1: I also see out of Washington, eighty percent of federal employees beginning in twenty nineteen do not come to work, which has collapsed all the businesses around these federal buildings. To get rid of the Department of Agriculture, to get rid of the Department of Education, and block grant to the states to money saving all that, give them a two year golden parachute. To get the all out of Dodge. You could cut at least half of the federal government and all the programs. Give everybody a one or two year golden parachute to go find out the work, then sell the buildings and make billions of dollars. That's something. And one thing my bugaboo, of course is the Defense Department, which is Saker saying, I love American soldiers, but we have something like eight hundred military bases and one hundred different countries all over the world. We have a footprint unrivaled on Earth, And there's nothing wrong with saying, do we need two million men and women under arms in seven hundred and fifty or eight hundred military bases all over the world? Do we need thousands of generals and admirals serving as so we say, consultants after they left office, double dipping like crazy and the grunt. That's why I like Pete Hegseth. He's a guy at the grunt level. We've got two Bronze stars and served actually carried weapons in combat. We need people that have that kind of an attitude. Is there something wrong with maybe just holding defense spending to where it is for the next five years because the next war is going to be conducted by ten thousand drones that are now flying all over New Jersey, ten thousand drones instead of military men and women in uniform. We need them, yes, But the next we're building billion dollar nuclear powered submarines in which the next war is going to be conducted by drones. How about putting one hundred thousand drones up in the air programmed to kill the enemy artillery pieces and tanks and armaments. We don't need the army of the nineteen fifties today, do you agree with.
Speaker 3: That, I agree with very much part of it.
Speaker 6: I want to find as many efficiencies within the Department of Defense as possible. I want to end the woke and the nonfense that inspected this Department of Defense. I do have verious serious concerns.
Speaker 1: About our global rivals.
Speaker 3: In China and Russia and others.
Speaker 6: And if there's any place that the federal government should be spending money, and I'm okay with it, it's on making sure that we have the most badass military on the planet and that we can destroy our enemies.
Speaker 3: And like I would, I think that this administration will be committed to that.
Speaker 6: But there are plenty of places in the Department of Defense that have become so bloated and have become really lazy, and that's because you've allowed it to become a massive, massive bureaucracy. So I think, whoever the next Department of Defense you know, head is, and if that's Pete Hey Seth, he needs to get in there and he needs to fix that.
Speaker 3: As soon as possible. But I want to put pressure.
Speaker 6: I want to put I want to put pressure on our enemies, and I want to make sure by the way, you know, one little little known fact that we don't talk enough about is part of what makes America able to be so successful in terms of global commerce and be able to have such a large economy is our ability to protect global global commerce lanes or our ability to serve the safety UH of of and and our and our primacy.
Speaker 3: As as the globes leading nation.
Speaker 6: So I want to keep all of that and make sure that we are still lethal and able to UH wage wage war if that, if it ever comes to that.
Speaker 3: But you're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 6: And what you said earlier on about you know, the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Education. I mean absolutely, And there's a benefit downstream to say we were to close the Department of Education.
Speaker 3: Yes, the downstreat benefits of that.
Speaker 6: As you said, if we're block granting that money to states, you're going to get so much more efficiency with We're federalists, right. We believe in in states and in local governments and governments being as close to the people as possible, being able to make the decisions with tax to payer dollars. And you're going to get a much better product if you're able to allow that kind of energy to happen all across this country.
Speaker 1: You know, Tim Chapman of Advancing American Freedom. I'll believe it when I see it. There's lots of backbone in this one. It appears to be the case. If we we can say five hundred billion dollars in federal domestic spending by going back to twenty eighteen levels, not nineteen eighteen. I'm talking twenty eighteen levels. Is five hundred billion dollars plus all the empty federal buildings, plus all the federal employees. And I'll believe it when I see it. At a minimum, we've off the madness. But the best they can.
Speaker 3: Happen with me, you just got to keep your pressure up.
Speaker 1: That's it. But Tim Chapman, let's keep doing it because I know they're well intended. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and somehow this has to happen. And you can't get to where we need to be if you don't touch the entitlements which the media jumps on immediately. Tim Chapman, what is your group's website.
Speaker 6: Of any it's Advancingamericanfreedom dot com. We appreciate, we appreciate the support, and thanks for all you're.
Speaker 1: Doing all right. God bless America and Tim Chapman, thank you very much. Let's continue us more. I'll believe it when I see it. Good intentions, that's great, elon, good guy, vv JD, absolutely and all that stuff. But in reality, it takes courage to tell your constituents some of the goodies won't come your way. That takes courage, and maybe, uh maybe Donald Trump has testicular fortitude. Allright, Bully Cunningham, the Great America, and let's continue with more than about an hour or so. Peter Bronson will be here. Spoke out about the Northwest territories and more. I told the Trumpster about the eight months ago that I will take care of the Northwest territories. I'll be the right wing on the Northwest territories. Also joining us later will be Joe Dieters, who's Deaters Unplugged. In fact, Peter Bronson's writing a book with Joe Dieters about prosecuous office. That kind of stuff. Interesting. But until then, of course, I just heard the news talk about city council wants to have a sixty day waiting period. They want to study the issue for sixty days about homelessness. And what they can do. What they can't do is if it's a brand new toy, they can't discover on Christmas morning how to operate it. But a man that has all the answers is Kurt Hartman, attorney, former judge, works with Chris Finney and so much more. And Kurt Hartman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showed and Kurt, first of all, when you see and hear things from city council that they are going to study this problem for the next two months, come up with solutions. What do we do? How do we do it? The four to seventy one Big mac Bridge is burned to Dan Hills because of homelessness, and so does city council need another two months to study the issue or is there a court order ready to demand them to take action?
Speaker 5: Does the City council need in another two months? Bill? Absolutely not. You know, it's not like this it's some problem that just suddenly arose. I mean, this has just been plaguing the City of Cincinnati and do a part part to the lack of leadership coming from the Mayor's office and City Council. So it's nothing new. They've known about it. This is just, Hey, we're just going to do the status quo and just let things go and keep going down the path to become the San Francisco of the Midwest, if you will.
Speaker 1: I'm holding this order. We spoke off the air to say this is not a new problem. What would be accurate because I'm holding an order signed by Hamley County Common Police Court Judge Robert Rouhman about six and a half years ago, entered August is sixteenth, twenty eighteen, acquiring the city to do all kinds of stuff. Is this judgment entry still in effect in the permanent injunction? Is it still an effect?
Speaker 5: It absolutely is an effect. If you look on the probably the second to last page, it clearly says this order shall be permanent and enforced by Cincinnati Police, et cetera. So it is a permanent order, it's in place, and the city is elect has elected I think under this mayor to essentially ignore it basically snub their nose at a state court order that is a final judgment. It is an order that the City of Cincinnati actually agreed to. So it wasn't like we went it went to a trial and the judge kind of weighed the facts and the evidence. The city agreed to.
Speaker 1: This, why isn't it But why isn't it being impol But normally, when you order to do something and it's a permanent injunction and you ignore the order, bad things happen. So why is that not happening now?
Speaker 5: A good, excellent question, Uh don't have to answer. But you know, looking to with with Chis Citty, we're assessing probably maybe trying to get someone a citizen here in Hamilton County to come in and say hey, because this is a this case was brought in the name of the State of Ohio. Wasn't an individual, It was the state of Ohio saying, you know, tell any drug use, et cetera is occurring on these encampments. And if you remember back in twenty eighteen, you know that's when we when we had these plethora of homelessness camps, you know, on Third Street, people trying to go to you know, Bengals games or whatnot, or Reds games, you know, having to go through this stuff. It was San Francisco, the Midwest, and you know, Joe Dieters, who at the time was county prosecutor, had the authority under state law to basically abate what's called this nuisance at the nuisance what was going on, and Jode Roman agreed, the city agreed, All three agreed, and so you know, we want to see about going back into court. Have some citizens saying, hey, we need to get this enforced. Uh, and go to and address it with Judge Roman's successor, who at this time would be Judge pat think a loocker.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a lawyer. I'm a lawyer. Of course, Finny knows what he's doing. I talked to Attorney General David Yosh yesterday. He's willing to intervene, but someone must ask him to do it. And then the age asked the great American who has standing to bring this? And I said, well, Prosecutor's office could. How they're a party in the city of Cincinnati. Now, the City of Cincinnati is not going to request contempt of the City of Cincinnati, so it's up to the Prosecutor's office. And when I make inroads there, they tell me, well, you know, it'll be a Connie Pillag problem in about two weeks. Explain how a private citizen, someone living in and around Stanbury's Park in Mount Washington, how could a private citizen arise even there if they're not a party to this lawsuit and force the city to do what they said they would do, which is clean out homeless camps as soon as they developed. If they must be cleaning immediately, why how could a citizen jump into this lawsuit and say, I'll I'll charge the city with contempt?
Speaker 5: Right, It's simple. The state law that existed that Joe Deaders brought this action on doesn't limit it to the prosecutor bringing such an action. This state law specifically says any person who is as citizen of the county in which the nuisance exists may bring the action. So the state law actually gives any person in Hamilton County the authority, you know, to bring the similar lawsuit or in what we're assessing is, since we have a final judgment already on the boots signed by the judge, can that person come in and say, I would have the right initially to bring this suit. I want to join in and enforce this order that the city agreed to.
Speaker 1: Why haven't you done it already? Kurt Hartman? You and how come you guys, you infinean? Why haven't you done it already?
Speaker 5: Well? Well, well, well, you know, look, got to assess a few things because one of the you know, kind of a ticker in this is UH. At the same time, there was a parallel federal wallsuit going on UH and UH just recently this past year the city settled that, and trying to assess basically, you know, this federal state tug of war, you know, does did what the city agreed to in the federal lawsuit try to nullify what Judge Rulmans signed off on with basically some which knows at the state court. And so we may have some serious constitutional issues in terms of federal supremacy where the state your sovereignty, et cetera. So you know, you know, and and the good litigator, I think you would agree the good litigator kind of assesses those potential land mines at the outset of a case, as opposed to oops, I already tripped over a landmine. So that's part of the issue we wanted assess. Is this new case, this federal case, and what the city did there and were they really trying to deliberately undermine disorder from this from Judge Ruleman. Would I would not put anything, I would not put anything past this. The city Council and the city administration so very well could try to do that.
Speaker 1: The new liberals on council may be recognizing they had this order from Hamlety County common Polace Court created a conflict of law situation. I remember them in law school, conflict of law was a big issue by starting a federal lawsuit to try to get the case out of common place court in the federal court. And are the two orders different in any significant extent?
Speaker 5: Uh, there does seem to be, like I said, just getting on that federal case. But it seems like the federal court they agreed instead of immediately calling the police, you got to call a social worker to come out and try to negotiate or talk with people who are using drugs in these homeless camps before you can charge them with a trespass or anything. And so it seems like the city was deliberately trying, you know. And the one question is do they even apprize the federal judge of this order that they were bound by under state law. So and this this is a little bit more investigation.
Speaker 1: And Kurt Hartman, this isn't a federal I don't know what the jurisdiction was uh, to go to a federal.
Speaker 5: You'll love this. The claim was and it was brought by the homeless coalist I believe in that that group in Cincinnati against the city. Their whole claim was removing people from homelessness or using drugs on property that they don't own is cruel and unusual, perce well vinument.
Speaker 1: Now, there was a US Supreme Court decision on that about six months ago, and the Supremes decided it's a local matter and that there are not constitutional slash federal issues. Now, that came after the lawsuit in federal court. But the interaction of the US Supreme Court decision and involved Portland, Oregon, and there were some homeless Coalition camp operators in Portland, Oregon that that said there are federal issues here, which clearly they are not. And the Supreme Court sent it back to Portland, Oregon claiming to do what you have to do? How about getting that US Supreme Court decision to overrule the federal court decision to implement this order of judge Ruleman, does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Willie? You clearly see the whole lay of the lay and that's the issue. You know, the Supreme Court, Supreme law and it is a local issue. It's a police power, it's a health safety and welfare issue. And you know from law school and practicing law, those are state and local issues. Those are not federal issues.
Speaker 1: In fact, we live at a time now where the US Supreme Court is telling the States under the ninth and tenth Amendment, we're done expanding the ability and power of federal courts over strictly local matters. And this is a strictly local matter without federal issues. And if you interact with the US Supreme Court decision on the consent decree in the federal court case here, I think you're on firm legal foot. And how about this? Can something be done while Melissa Powers is still in office over the next two weeks. I have a sense that Connie Pillach, who's perceived to be a liberal, and I have no idea if she is at some point I want to meet with her. I have no idea if she is or is not. But I would think the the Attorney General told me that if someone will contact him, he would seriously consider her intervening in the case. So when the prosecutor's office changes, the AG will be a named party. You know what I'm saying, and therefore what you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: There, Yeah, yeah, I think I think right now, just because the change of all the change, you know, a personnel's occurring in about two weeks in our prosecutor's office, you know, missing powers could proceed, you know, try to hold a contempt, et cetera. But by the time that happens, right new prosecutors in place, and would be a waste of resources, you know, here here in December. But you very easily can make a call to the Attorney General Yost and say, hey, we've got this issue here in Cincinnati. It's been brewing, the city's ignoring it. Mister Yost, mister Attorney General, for the sake of the people of Hamilton County and the city of Cincinnati, we need you to come in and intervene in this case. And you all see him coming in and intervening, I think would be a lot more stronger, It would be a lot more oomped to it, if you will, than a private citizen doing it. We're looking at having a private citizen do it. But if Dave Yost will do it, that I think the court will take significant note of that issue.
Speaker 1: Well, Lastly, I'll say this to you, Kurt Hartman. I will give you the private cell phone number of mister Attorney General David Yost and before January rolls around, if he can intervene, away we go. And I think that's the approach to take, and then the people must be served. I'll give you the number off the air.
Speaker 5: I'll give him a call.
Speaker 1: I call. I'll call you after three o'clock today. We'll talk further.
Speaker 5: I understand, I understand. Yeah, that's got to be addressed. I mean, right now you've got city leadership just ignoring the court order, and that's not acceptable.
Speaker 1: Leslie.
Speaker 5: What what do you expect when you elect nine progressives you'll and a mayor? What do you expect them to do? And like I said, they're trying to drive us to the San Francisco of the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Well, what we have to do. We have to have the mayor and share along comply with the law under contempt, which couldn't involve fines or imprisonment if you refuse to follow the law. Kurt Hartman, I'll be in touch with you after three o'clock. I'm gonna call yous first make sure I can give you his cell phone, and then if that's okay with him, away we go perfect. Thank you, Bill, God bless America. Let's continue. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: We all sing happy tunes, and when we all sing happy tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have them merry Christmas? How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm just I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 7: We all sing happy tunes, and when we all sing happy tunes and sing merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: Shot up.
Speaker 7: These children are not going to have them merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 7: How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we?
Speaker 8: She's not gonna have one. Hell, I'm gonna have one in a sense, that's true.
Speaker 1: Hit it, Darley Love, that's a good one right here. I like Darley. Hit it.
Speaker 5: Hit it.
Speaker 1: The snow is coming down segment, I'm watching it fall segment. Lots of people around seg. All I can say is that she was the president. Oh, there'll be no more Christmas. Your night, it's over. Tell the kids, I dare you to enjoy Christmas. We'd be a mad at Gascar by now reading this kmodo dragons. By the way, I'm told there's a lot of money in the well.
Speaker 5: If you thought I.
Speaker 1: Bout me, still do it?
Speaker 8: We could invest at the Trumpster maybe on Tuesday night fights.
Speaker 1: Creating new dragons, breeding for a living, hit it, hold on segment, hit it Darling, a lot of pretty lights in the tree segment segment, give me some sports and make it fast. I have Joe Deeers coming in at Show of five and Peter Bronson, Man, this will be a summit. What a what a hat trick of humanity? I call at the conclave. I'll tell you what, Willie.
Speaker 8: I don't know about you, but I saw today on X and of course you gotta believe everything now because of the big e.
Speaker 1: He's a Speaker of the House. He's a Speaker of the House. By the way, don't have to be in the Congress to be a speaker. Okay. So on X today they said that Kamala Harris of the book.
Speaker 8: Companies are fighting each other for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: In her book.
Speaker 8: What twenty million dollars she can make off that book?
Speaker 3: Down?
Speaker 8: What who would Who would I want to know who buys that book?
Speaker 1: You want to read that story? No Christmas?
Speaker 8: You want to you want to get you want to get depressed? Read that story about that.
Speaker 1: If you're in a good mood. Yeah, read that book. Thank you. That'll send you in a depression like nothing. So someone who's going to give her twenty million.
Speaker 8: Dollars some book company. They said, that's like four or five of them are up. And then she can make so much about this and that. And then they said she may run with Hillary the next election projectile vomiting and exports that that would mean the chief of the armed chiefs of staff would be the people in the view that.
Speaker 1: This is gene ausred. Oh no, oh my god, thank god, have mess you on ourselves. Who would buy you the book?
Speaker 8: I like to read about Kamala Harris's miss door stuffs?
Speaker 1: What about all of What about Rudolph? What about my guy? I know he's at the north Pole. So give me some sports and listen to this music? Seig please continue? Will he?
Speaker 8: The Stutu Reporters approud service of your local Temestar.
Speaker 1: Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tame star quality.
Speaker 8: You could feel it on the east side called Clement's Heating Air at nine three seven, four four four forty four one four one. We also want to thank you Roxy. We also want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar. The world's greatest fried chicken. It's fucking good, ye in the afternoon five one three, five seven four two two two.
Speaker 1: Who brought it in? The Queen Donna brought it? Not the Queen Mum, but the Queen correct like the Princess am How busy are they on Christmas? There's no chickens left in hide or Green Township. Well that's true. Will you college basketball?
Speaker 8: Last night it was number eleven you called out lasting Xavier in overtime. Ex try to give it. They're all but they ran out of gas and ot tough and the Musketeers are eight and four. Now they face Marquette Saturday at Sentas.
Speaker 1: They're not the Warriors anymore, segment, they're the Golden Eagles.
Speaker 8: NK you beating Detroit Mercy. The Norse have all of a sudden caught caught faire. They've won four and oh they're six and six and two and oh in the horizon.
Speaker 1: Now we had Beechwood and Scott Teca coming in, but had a little bit of illness in the family. Coach had a had an illness in the family, Willy. So we'll hit.
Speaker 8: We'll hit Beechwood Tigers and honor them after the first of the year in.
Speaker 1: Need Honor segment Beachwood and Aids Honor.
Speaker 8: Bearcats Flyers Tomorrow night, Heritage Bank Center, Battle of Top twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'll take Dayton and I'll give you you see you want it? Okay hot Foot Sunday segment More.
Speaker 8: To night on the West Villers Show Live at the Ridge of Montgomery Inn, presented by Tom Gregory eight oh five right here on seven hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW Dean Gregory. They have lunch until win. I think Tomorris tomorrow's the twentieth. Are you getting there for lunch tomorrow? Have you got to do the show from down there and have lunch? Get some ribs.
Speaker 8: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town Your Tailgate Headquarters, thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Browns and Bengals in Part two of the Battle of Ohio. Of course, the Bengals won in Cleveland in week seven Easy Preview the game tonight, Cincinnati Tax Resolution, Power by Tove Sheldon, Roundtable Show, Lance and Rocky Live from Long Neck and Wilders six oh five Now second here on seven hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW loses tonight and the Bengals beat them next Sunday. Here, then we got action. We got live action because then if the Bengals went in Pittsburgh that next Sunday and Denver loses to Kansas City Bengals, Bengals are in the playoffs.
Speaker 8: Broncos and Chargers Tonight, seven thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: And how about this, the National Football League hold on home at the music Day. Okay, I'm sorry, good thing Mary didn't have an abortion. That's all I gotta say. Long pleasly. This is pretty dramatic stuff, sin and.
Speaker 8: Airp Okay, so go ahead, the National Football leg I got a text are from Glenn Scott Sloan would buy Kamala's book right there.
Speaker 1: I want to give the last name. But Glenn said, Scott Sloane, No, you know what he do. He get one for free. He went two of them free. Theom No, he wouldn't. He didn't buy nothing. Cheapskate, you know, Scott Sloan did not support Donald Trump? Are you aware of that? What nice? Would he voted for? Didn't vote? Would he vote for himself? Nobody? I voted for proudly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's a great American, right there, Scott Sloane.
Speaker 1: Anything, fall on your knees? Fall on your knees? Who oh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: You ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: The NFL is going to add a game show what and a punting contest to its Pro Bowl Skills competition in February?
Speaker 1: Say that again? The name show?
Speaker 8: The National Football League is adding a game show and a punting contest to its Pro Bowl Skills competition coming up in February. This Pro Bowl thing has gone idiotic, don't understand. The league announced a full list of challenges, including a tug of war whereas nobody can get hurt? A tug of war? Right, and dodgeball. What about these guys the head any football? Well, they're going to have a seven on seven flag.
Speaker 1: Football including a yeah, a tugging contest, Yeah, tug of war and dodgeball. Nobody's gonna get hurt in that, right? What can go wrong? Well, look at Tyler Eifert every time he went to the Pro Bowl, he got hurt. Didn't go after that, did he?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: They knew this year as Helmet Harmony, it's going to be a game show that will test players knowledge of their teammates. Can't wait, that'll be well, boy, I tell you that'll be a barn Burner. Wonder who wonder who's hosting that Drew Carry, Chris Collinsworth or maybe uh uh what's his name? Brady on the on Let's make a deal plus plus a Wayne Brady plus a punt perfect that features one punter and one non punter. They're going to see how many balls they can kick into the into six buckets that are positioned in the end zone.
Speaker 1: NBA is going to change their stuff too. I mean, it's stupid, stupid. I mean, what is it really stupid? You've got to go to the circus and see this. This is stupid. It is stupid, stupid. Yeah, boy, you know what.
Speaker 8: I hope some Bengals go to this, But then I hope they don't participate because every time one of the Bengals go down there, they get hurt.
Speaker 1: Possibly the Super Bowl will be a week later and the Bengals will be involved in the Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be something.
Speaker 8: I'd be action right there segment, get me out of the Student's Report? Will you honor of a cold day here in the Tri States, colder than no weel diggers behind.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report. Hey everyone, I'm Joe Biden's housman. By the way, He's a quiet quitting is what it's called. Why are they?
Speaker 8: Why are they blasting Trump on this government shutdown?
Speaker 1: Out to be checking out? What's his name? And he and jar King Jeffries or no big Jake Joe. Well he's in Delaware right now. It's called quiet quitting. We have a president quietly quitting great not involved in this immediate demand he get involved. Hell no, they don't know where the hell he is.
Speaker 8: They're worried about man Jony coming in and helicopters and planes.
Speaker 1: They have good spaghetti and meatballs, by the way, had some last night. Mangione's gotta go seven hundred WLW. They're ready. Peter Bronson his hair with his blockbuster new book Promised Land, Joe Dieters makeson and the parents also, since you're unemployed and Peter Bronson, you know this is the walk up music for Joseph T and T theaters. Get ready, Joe, you ready? This is what he does with the criminals of Hamlet the county. Now he's free. Hit its.
Speaker 3: Tell TV.
Speaker 1: You need some walk up music, Peter, I'll have to think he's got history books. This will never change. He got women of the left, women of the right. Not so much anymore. Not anymore. You had your time like Rocky Boyman with the cheerleaders for the Colts. That's a different story. Don't bring that up here. It is hit the post, T N T. I'm dynamite. He's gonna win this fight. The only time he's lost to John Waxmunsky Springfield Township. That may come up again.
Speaker 10: By the way, I know I'm because you asked me to m your thing and my invested sure, my last swearing in ceremony in my career, and I always have to weigh that against I you know you're my best friend.
Speaker 9: I have to weigh that against you. Bring up John wax Monsky for the one millionth time.
Speaker 1: Plus you switching the balls and number eleven Green and Mcentateble did that too, now, Peter Bronson, I certainly scheduled you.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm in August company here a radio legend and a former Supreme Court justice for unemployed, for this unemployed and maybe future author.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we'll see. And you're writing a book together right now, and this thing for me, what's it going to be? Peter Bronson writes, well, what's the book about?
Speaker 9: Well, as you know, I have prosecuted five serial killers and it's about big cases.
Speaker 1: And people will be interested in Donald Harven good stories. Yeah, Franklin again talking about him. Wigan's Dulcan. Well, I can't hear the case. It's in front of the highest Supreme Court right now. Well, the liberal judges in Almony County may free him soon. Well, they might.
Speaker 9: People get you know, they should pay attention to who they vote for, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Le's talk about Peter's book. Let's talk about Promise Land. I mean I get that with him. But said people will get to the Promised Land. Yes, one of the great things he said in Joe, I didn't know this, but there was a general in uh Cincinnati, yes, Lusantaville and Cincinnati who saved the city from the Confederates. That's right.
Speaker 11: Explain that to Joe. Hey, Lou Wallace was one of the greatest people. And you know in Indiana he's a folk hero. They know all about him. They're raised up through the grade schools. They learned about Lou Wallace in Cincinnati, the city he saved in the Civil War.
Speaker 1: We don't know anything about Lou Wallace, and he is an incredible guy. You know about Lou Wallace, I do have to read in Peter's book, tell me about Lou Wallace who saved the city from the terrible Democrat. And by the way, this is my favorite book. Peter wrote, It's fairly good, very really good. Explained how you guys saved it. Well, this guy's incredible.
Speaker 11: If you if you asked somebody, who's the guy who saved Cincinnati during the Civil War and probably saved the Union by rescuing us from attack of ten thousand Confederate warriors who were going to burn in sack the city. Who is the guy who captured Billy the kid, who was the guy who formed the first Black brigade during.
Speaker 1: The Civil War?
Speaker 11: And who was the guy who wrote Ben hr It's all the same guy. What it's Lou Wallace wrote Ben Her? He wrote, saved the city. Yes, explain, explain this Cincinnati was under attack. General Heath came up from Lexington with ten thousand battle hearted and Confederate warriors. Yeah, they were ready to burn and loot the city. They had We had gold, we had supplies, we had everything you wanted.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: And if they had.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if they had taken Cincinnati, imagine they would have split the Union. The Union probably would have been forced to sue for peace.
Speaker 1: We would now we would have been two countries.
Speaker 11: But lou Wallace showed up just as the copperhead Southern sympathizer mayor was ready to wave the white flag.
Speaker 1: And so we had a mayor at that point like an Aftab Puer of bal Yes, it was a Buddhist and now we have Aftab Pierida. Was George Hatch. George Hatch, Yes, maybe the high maybe Hatch Street, Hat Street. Yes, George Hatch was was a we need.
Speaker 11: He was a Southern sympathizer. He really wanted the Confederates to win. He was needed to get a hold of Amazon, to get a backbone. This guy had no bat That's the guy.
Speaker 1: That guy said, Okay, I'm gonna I'm going to surrender the city to the Confederacy. Right, what year was it? Eighteen eighteen sixty two, sixty. In the beginning, things aren't looking good. Gettysburg hadn't happened yet. No, I think now we're going to win or lose. September eighth, eighteen sixty two. It's really right down. Write that down, Joe, September eighth, nineteen sixty eighteen. Here's a critical day.
Speaker 11: September eleventh, eighteen sixty two, was the day that lou Wallace won and the Confederates acted in and went back south to Lexington. September eleventh, Yes, nine to eleven, Pete Road sixty two, Pete Rose, rest in peace.
Speaker 1: So explain the story. Here's this wheat Need mayor, and he's ready to concede the city to the Confederacy, and a lot of sympathizers were here.
Speaker 11: Correct, Yes, what happened. Cincinnati had a lot of copperheads. But anyway, so still Wallace shows up and he said, put away the white flags. We're not surrendering. We're going to fight. And the mayor said, how are we going to fight? We don't have troops, we don't have a cannon. And he said, Cincinnati will defend itself. And he ordered every able bodied man to pick up a shovel, a pick, or a rifle and walk across the first bridge across the Ohio River that they made, pontoon bridge, Yes, a pontoon bridge that he made in three days.
Speaker 1: This all happened.
Speaker 11: Walk across and start building rifle pits and batteries. And when Heath got up here and he saw this defenses that lou Wallace had built.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, So Cincinnatians went into northern Kentuck I guess coming to Newport. Yes, and they built defensive positions. Yes, a whole string seven mile How about that, Joe, would you have done that? Of course I would have. Please continue. So in northern rob Sanders wasn't around yet, so so he gets there from the copperheads from Lexington and said, man, this, we don't want to fight these guys. Well, there's two versions of that.
Speaker 11: One is that he got recalled by his general and he still believed for years later that he would have won, he would have taken Cincinnati. But lou Wallace he had another version of the story, which is he built all these defenses and the Confederates get addled, as he put ever, scared. But he was hailed as the savior of Cincinnati, paraded through the streets, honored booze every chicken wings. Burnett House was the most famous hotel in the country.
Speaker 1: At Burnett House, Yeah, where was that up And it was right a Vine, third and Vine. Yeah, there's a parking lot there now, right now. And lou saved the city. What happened to the mayor? What happened to Hatch?
Speaker 5: Hatch?
Speaker 11: He was not well liked, but there were a lot of Confederate sympathy in Cincinnati. You gotta remember, this is a city that had been doing business with the South, making money, and they hated Lincoln. They almost killed him when he came through on his way to the Anaugia Rate.
Speaker 1: And I explained that because Lincoln went from Illinois to Washington and there was great fear he was going to be killed along the way. Yes, so he put on disguises. When you're six foot four with a stove top hat, kind of hard to put on disguise, Joe, and like a bear. To explain how Lincoln was almost killed in Cincinnati, you got you know your history.
Speaker 11: Because he did put on a disguise when he got to Baltimore, because there was there was a plot in Baltimore of people that were assassins that wanted to knife.
Speaker 1: How do you put on disguise if you're Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 11: Well he put on a long coat, turned up the collar, but then they crowd spotted him and he had to run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what happened in Cincinnati, and they see your face. When I show up, I put my collar up and the ladies go nuts. Yeah, I bet they do. So how did was Lincoln almost killed? We got to talk about your book The Promised Man at some point. Anyway, how is Lincoln almost killed? This an amazing story.
Speaker 11: So what happens is he stops in Cincinnati on his inaugural train on his way to Baltimore, and he's overnight here. He gives a speech, He gets back on his train car the next day, and one of the smart sharp detectives spotted a carpet bag that didn't.
Speaker 1: Belong in his car, a carpetbagger.
Speaker 11: And the carpet bag contained a bomb that would have blown the entire train car off the tracks, and that was Lincoln's car. So, by a matter of about ten minutes, he avoided assassination before becoming president.
Speaker 1: It's like the soldier outside of Forge Theater who went downstairs to get a drink, who left Lincoln unguarded, which is how John Wilks s Boots said, Well, the guy's left, he's drunk down on the bar. That's how he killed Lincoln. It's amazing how history can turn on such little things. Or FDR shot on our railroad platform just before the inaugural in nineteen thirty three, and the guy missed and killed the mayor of Chicago. Standing next day to FDR. Joe, what about that wild man? Wild man, he's going to be next to week. Well, we got to run, thanks guys, but explained the book, and then we gotta talk to You're gonna stick around for the STUDI stick around for the Yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me about the book, promise. Okay.
Speaker 11: So this is about the people who came down the Ohio River on flat boats in the seventeen eighties when the north side of the Ohio was so dangerous it was known as the Miami Slaughterhouse, kind of like OTR. No, Well, yeah, only this was the Miami and the Shawnees when they were skinning you alive and they were taking your tortuing you, they burn you for torture you for three days at a time, and make you last as long as they could keep you alive.
Speaker 1: There are horrible things done on both sides, by the way.
Speaker 9: The Indians were mean to Indians, aren't they mean? Indians were mean to white people, and white people were mean the Indians.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, So the difference, if there is one fine point of difference, it's that the white people did not take their prisoners and entertain everybody for three days of torture. The Indians did that routinely, just for the entire tribe would gather and just do things, take part and take turns torturing something.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, So these people came here kind of like an argument before the High Supreme Court. Exactly, you take times being tortured by Sharon Kennedy anyway, please continue, Okay.
Speaker 11: So they couldn't find anybody to settle this land, so they told the Revolutionary war veterans, you've just defeated the biggest empire on earth. Congratulations. Bad news is we don't have any money in the treasury to paan pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But but good news, free land in Ohio as much as you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where you're skinned alive and scout that the three days. I don't want to go there. That was the fine print. Those are tough dudes, correct, Hey, we're very tough dudes. Simon Kenton, Simon Kenton. He was a mean man. Sigone mean man. And uh, if you were hung or burned. I saw the movie Last of the Mohigans. They would hang the British soldiers from a little bit of a tripod and just slow roast them over a period of time, slow roasted. Yeah, the injur is in cineray Take days. They would put cools around the pole and slowly push them in this intense for fund and then they shoots you with arrows and the lake and you know. The torture a prisoner.
Speaker 9: I don't know what you found, Peter, but it basically ended with the Kamza said it was it was not right to torture prisoner, just kill him out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he is no problem with killing people. I would they treat women? How many rapes? Would all of them?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 11: You got to remember here, the British were still really angry that they'd lost the revolution. They are and they didn't want to have any chance that these colonies would spread into what they thought was Canadian land, that was all going to be part of Canada.
Speaker 1: Ohiowood might be again our fifty first state, Trump says, Canada. Yeah, let's hope.
Speaker 11: So so they the British, were paying these tribes of Indians who were glad to do it anyway. But they paid him fifty dollars for scalps and one hundred dollars for a hostage. And then if they could march them on the way to Fort Detroit, then those people would be made into slaves in Canada. Women, boys, men didn't survive well, not good.
Speaker 1: If they fought back, they were victims of torture. There were testicles removed and stuffed in their mouth, or they were in the gauntlet. The Gauntlet's another problem, the gauntlet. Simon Kentton survived like ten of those, not like he's the only one to survived. Initially. If you get into sane next, Oh, you have counseling waiting for you, you do, let's continue. Peter Bronson, Joe Dieters counseling on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: America is a nation that can be defined in a single word. I was gonna foot him.
Speaker 1: He quiet, I'm broadcasting, have celebrity stooges remaining.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what will you I'm not I'm not used to these heavy weights in here, big time lawyers, big time prosecutors, and a big time author and journalist.
Speaker 5: I know it.
Speaker 1: Seg wants to know he's cheap. It's like a democrat. But he wants to what do you get the promise? I mean, where do you get promised land by Peter Bronson?
Speaker 11: You can get it right from me, right now, Seg, and anybody else.
Speaker 1: Can like like free stuff theresas.
Speaker 11: And you go to my website Chili Dog press dot com and I have a special right now for two days shipping two day seconds.
Speaker 1: You can still get it in time for Christmas. Chilli Dog also all local bookstores now the Midwest was one great Christmas gift. Yes, before we go to this is as good as the man who says Cincinnat.
Speaker 11: I think so, but every one is my favorite. When I finished, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But Joe, when's the next one?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Joe Dieter from now he's got to write Joe Peter's murder mysteries.
Speaker 8: It's not a mystery, No, they're all like the hardy boys.
Speaker 1: They're all sold is cold case clock talk about if you can. The gauntlets segment thinks he runs a gaulin every morning with Chuck every morning. It's every afternoon with.
Speaker 9: The Indians would line up, you know too, across from each other and go for about a mile, and a frontiersman or someone who fell that the Indians hands would.
Speaker 1: Have to run that mile.
Speaker 9: The Indians were armed with clubs and rocks and sticks and whatever else they could gather up. And you had to run through this thing. Why they beat the hell out of you. What if you fell, If you fell, you were beating the death.
Speaker 11: Well, Simon Kenton fell almost at the end, he said, almost.
Speaker 1: To the end. Simon story I heard was a little bit different than what Joe told. But he fell and they revived him and made him start over here according to.
Speaker 9: Acording to Shawnee, I don't think it's a legend, and was told widely. He collapsed at the end ever getting hitting the head with a club and a squaw. An older lady was squatting over his face, beating him in his lower body.
Speaker 1: He reared up and bit her.
Speaker 9: In the card in the ground area and wouldn't let go, and she was screaming, bloody murdered.
Speaker 1: The Indians thought it was just there, That wasn't raw wrestling the other night.
Speaker 8: Sure, I think he got mixed up.
Speaker 1: Simon Kenton should have copyrighted the move. But I'm not sure you can say squaw anymore. But he bit her in the crotch if he took a piece of the Indian squalls private parts. And the other Indians were laughing. They thought it was just there. And then na the high school name of the high school, right, didn't they Simon Ken, I'm Kenton right now? He's how big? Can you tell me? Peter? He was six foot five? Yeah, he was nasty, five sixty six.
Speaker 11: He's a big, big, tough guy and he could run like the deer. The Indians couldn't catch him. And he also taught himself to load his muzzle loading musket while he was running.
Speaker 1: And that's what they could there.
Speaker 11: No, they never could figure out how this guy could keep shooting at him while he's running and they get one shot and then they got to go for the time.
Speaker 9: If you want to see a rifle, if you want to see a good The latest State Park in Ohio is the Great Council State Park between Xenia and Yellow Springs. It's fran Dewin's Park because Franz loves he really really did it.
Speaker 1: And it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 9: If people wanted to learn the history the Frontiersman and the Shawnees, it's a great place to see.
Speaker 1: Debscribe to Cumpsey was the main guy. He was born there Yellow Springs. Now a bunch of damn liberals. That's a different issue. But and he lived and he died defending Indian rights against the ugly Colraine Township segment Dennis and Frontierman. But how many people lived? What comes out, Oh, there's.
Speaker 9: One hundred thousand Indians and in that in shallow cause I think known as RedHawks right now, Joe, you can't say Indians.
Speaker 1: The rules Shawnees.
Speaker 9: And they would the white The whites would take their flat boats, as Peter said, and they float down from Fort Pitt and they would settle in Kentucky. And it was such an offense to the Shawnees because that was their sacred hunting ground in Kentucky. And so they took umbrage to people living there.
Speaker 1: So you know, they.
Speaker 9: Had Indian fights and Peter's book. I'm sure details in a much better way than I can, But there was ugliness on both sides beyond belief.
Speaker 1: What did the Indians do to these frontiersmen if they caught them, Well, there was not good segment not good. For example, one method of torture would be that they'd slowly burn your fingers off, and when you lost all nerves and sensation, then they would cut off your hand at the wrist and start over segment your reaction.
Speaker 9: And then we had American soldiers who burned Christian Indians in central Ohio, and they were placing it and told these these women and children there who were Christian by the way, prepared to die, pray tonight, and they just set the building on fire the next day.
Speaker 1: It was horrible stuff. It was a savage, savage battle.
Speaker 11: And really the guy who settled all this Finally, after two expeditions sent by George Washington to make the Northwest Territory safe for settlement, two of them met with so terrible failure they were completely massacred.
Speaker 1: Saint Clair's massacre.
Speaker 11: Was known as the Battle of a Thousand Slain, which is the biggest Indian victory, including Custer's last stand, which was only two hundred and fifty guys. And that happened right here in Ohio at Defiance, Ohio. Segment, your reaction about that? Give them some sports.
Speaker 8: And Jone's got a job. He's going to work for the Ohio Historical Society. He was a Supreme courtage job. Right now, there you go. You could be a tour guide. There's between hat, his little hat and a badge. Nothing to be looking good, losing stuff all over here. And I talked to Tanya Rourke. She's gonna go get your phone at the Capitol Grill. I got good fun left it in the men's room. That's a different issue. Segment.
Speaker 1: How do you know all this? I know, I know, I know. Segment. Give me some sports and make it fast.
Speaker 8: Well, Eve The stood reporters of Proud Service, every local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful uh Northern Kentucky called tom Reckton Heating It Conditioning at eight five nine, two six, one eighty two sixty nine spots. Roxy Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. That's where the Indians should have went your tailgate headquarters in Northern Kentucky. Browns and Bengals Sunday previewed all tonight Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toe Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Longnecks and Wilder at six oh five.
Speaker 1: Also Willie the FC.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati's twenty twenty five Major League Soccer regular season schedule is out. The Orange and Blue will kick off their seventh season in the MLS and their tenth season overall.
Speaker 1: But they didn't get Caitlin Clark's franchise.
Speaker 8: Here tod Day No on Saturday, February twenty second against defending Eastern Conference champion New York Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: Who's the man that killed Arambe? Same guy that killed Liberty Valance? There he sits right there. I was in the teams was not me? It was read the bottom underneath Harambe. What does it say?
Speaker 8: Can't say murdered in cold blood? Joe Dieters around that kid for a while, Code Red. He saved the kid's life.
Speaker 1: Forget about the facts. Zero for the facts. Sierra tolerance for a gorilla hauling a kid into the moat and trying to beat the crap out of him. Columbus.
Speaker 8: Columbus comes here Saturday, July the twelfth, and they will FCC will play at the defending MLS Cup champion l A l A Galaxy. In September, says they're murdered for no reason by Joe Dieters.
Speaker 1: I did not have enough.
Speaker 8: He keeps forgetting his T shirt over there. The Harambe's the new the newest sports team in town.
Speaker 1: We're keeping the Harambas, the FC Harambas. We keep forgetting that shirt. He lives in Joe, you've done that. He lives only in our memory, along with Fiona and Tucker. What about Fiona and Tucker?
Speaker 8: There's what about BB and uh? What's the other ones? What's the little one's name?
Speaker 1: Now? I say that a little monkey that was addicted? What about the monkey that was drug addicted? I say that I saved the off spring off a rhombe. What happened? I saved you?
Speaker 9: He was being that when I was outside that bar, And that was a different, different one.
Speaker 1: This this monkey was drug addicted.
Speaker 9: And we seized him and got him back into rehab in Indiana and send.
Speaker 1: Him to Florida.
Speaker 9: So yeah, when they had to dry out, he was drouging crack every day?
Speaker 1: Why was he smoking crack? Why would his boss was smoking crab?
Speaker 9: Because ever the center downtown, No, no, no, it was out house Horrange township was out out in near you se.
Speaker 1: And he's counseling in sant X obviously. So when you got a drug addicted monkey, what do you do.
Speaker 9: There's a little rehab spot in Indiana and we sent him to and he got cleaned up clean.
Speaker 1: But he's now he's down in Florida. Someone he's grab Somebody send me these pictures. Other brothers playing golf and smoking.
Speaker 8: Cigarettes, sitting at some golf course someplace smoking.
Speaker 1: So what wasn't that up Monkey and Loveland that I visited? It was like a monkey bar. What was his name?
Speaker 11: I can't remember his name, but remember there's big Let's say his name was Charlie or so free Charlie.
Speaker 1: There were signs up everyone. He drank beer with him. I sat in the bar when he smoked cigarettes cigarettes, and I said, hey, you want another one, gave another beer down the beer and the stepped in and took him away. Animal took away his life.
Speaker 11: It was like cruelty to animals what they did do it by the cruelty and they wanted to stay at the bar and pick up chicks exactly.
Speaker 1: And they had a cage on Joe to throw his poo.
Speaker 9: Well, you know when I was a King's on a guy I worked with gout eaten by the lions.
Speaker 1: There that's eaten by the lions, and then they got rid of it. That is you talk about Jurassic Park, You know the same everything Jurassic Park failed, the fences failed, things like.
Speaker 9: That that happened at Jungle Safari all the time.
Speaker 1: We got to run segment. Thank you, Willie Peter Bronson. Oh, what's the website chilidogpress dot com. Joe, you're unemployed. Good luck, Try to get possession on your phone. It's very lonely right now, very lonely. Lonely man on seven hundred W l W