Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following program is sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional Science Today right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Science director at Invite Health, and happy Saturday morning. Sounds like you guys are off to a chilly start. I heard that weather at the top of the hour sent to chill up my spine, So hopefully I can warm you up with some wellness information on this Saturday morning. I have a lot of ground to cover today to talk about many different formulations and speaking of trying to drive up that warmth, cocohx, I'm going to highlight our cocohx formulation which is such a powerful blend of antioxidants and what's so lovely about taking coco hx at this time of year is that you can warm it up and you can sip on a nice, healthy drink much better than your hot chocolate alternatives out there, because we always want to zero in on what we can utilize truly from nature and avoid just inundating our bodies with all of those chemicals, and there's so many things. I just read this week that the FDA was still in their determination phase. If they were going to ban certain food colorings, it should have already been done. And we have to be honest about that. It's just it's so damaging to the human body. And you know, I read all these different research studies each week and it's it's just alarming.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: University of South Florida, they just came out with a study looking at the correlation between ultra processed foods and the increase incidence of colorectal cancer. And for those who kind of follow cancer epidemiology such as I do, I can clearly see, you know, in colorectal cancer has always existed. However, there is a you know, a sharp increase that we are now seeing in individuals who are in their forties and fifties who are being diagnosed with more advanced stage coorectal cancers, and so you have to look and say, you know, what's driving all of this. So the University of South Florida they looked at this. They were looking at how ultra processed foods and the amount of inflammation that those foods can drive up in your system. Are you know, correlated to that change in the way that your cells are dividing to a real negative way. So this was published in the Gut Journal, So for those who are fans of Gut Journal, you can read up on this particular study. But it's it just kind of reinforces that you know, on this show, I talk frequently about adherence to a Mediterranean diet. Why that's so important. And while the name may sound, you know, kind of very elaborate, Oh the Mediterranean diet. You think, oh, I have to you know, book a flight and go to Greece. No, you don't have to do that. It's just truly about eating healthy. It's about getting in those fruits and those vegetables. And we already know, you know, we've seen the studies. University of North Carolina said only twelve percent of Americans are considered to be metabolically healthy, which is an incredibly alarming number. So if we only have twelve percent of the population that's quote unquote healthy. And then we look at the statistics for fruit and vegetable intake and we realize seventy five percent of Americans on a daily basis do not get the required one to two cups of fruits per day, and they do not get the required two to three cups of vegetables per day. And that's even more alarming. Numbers like ninety percent of Americans are not getting adequate vegetable intake, and that's a big problem. I'm gonna be talking about our alkalizer powder today because that's back in stock. Many times you'll hear myself or Jerry talk about the alkalizer powder, especially in the summer months, for really helping with dehydration. If you're out working in the yard and you get muscle cramps. This is an excellent formulation to turn to. But we can't turn a blind eye to the fact that dehydration can occur throughout the year. And the alkalizer powder really does create this lovely pH alkalinity in our system. But think about what's in that formulation. It has magnesium and potassium, well, our greatest sources of magnesium and potassium are coming from those fruits and vegetables and those seeds in those nuts. And unfortunately, because many Americans have that tendency to consume higher amounts of those ultra process foods because they're quick, they're easy, they market them really well. You may be, you know, on the go and you think, oh, it's just easier just to eat this way, But it's also easy to eat a piece of a fruit or to take you know, some nuts with you at the start of your day. So adherence to a Mediterranean diet is definitely achievable. And if you're a little confused as to how you can achieve this, reach out to us, because while you're hearing me this morning, and you'll hear Jerry next week, we have an entire team of nutritional experts who are there to help guide you not only through the proper selection of our wonderful line of products, but also to give you that lifestyle modification support. And when I say that, what does that actually include? Well, maybe you're struggling with managing your stress and you're like, oh, you know, at the end of every day, I just feel like tense I have a hard time relaxing. Talk to them. Talk to our nutritional experts. We have such a wonderful team and they've been with Invite Health for so many years. They know the product line. You can speak to a naturopathic doctor. We have doctor Claire. She's over at Forest Hills. If you can't make it into the store, that's okay. Just give us a call and we're happy to patch you through to talk to one of them. Because maybe you are interested in shifting your diet a bit and you think, how do I actually eat a Mediterranean breakfast or what's the foods I should be including for dinner time? Talk to them because they can give you that guidance and that support, and that's not a one and done situation. That's what also makes us incredibly unique. Once you establish, you know, that first point of contact with someone like doctor Claire, you can continue to go back to her and say, hey, you know, doctor Clare, I tried this you know, new way of eating and I'm utilizing the Core multivitamin and I'm taking the fish oil. Am I doing everything right? And she can be your support system on your journey to wellness, So always make sure that you tap into that because it is such an invaluable resource for you. And we've been doing this for close to thirty years now, and that is the one thing that we recognize that people really do want to discuss their their health concerns or any health related issue that comes up. So we're open seven days a week, no problem. If your schedule is a little hectic, go to our website and invite health dot com and you can select a day and time that works well for you and one of our nutritionists can call you. So we try to make it as simple as possible for you. But you know, to look at this study on the link between these horrible foods and colorectal cancer should make us all pause, and you know, think about this. I always say you have to be mindful, be mindful when you're eating. And I remember the first time I was introduced to this. It was many years ago.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: Assistant professor at a medical school and I did this course on mindful medicine, and I thought I was doing this technically for helping my students, but I realized that I learned so much about my health and now I do practice mindful medicine every single day when it comes to mindful eating. These are the things that to me, really make a huge difference. It allows you to kind of think about what am I putting into my body right now? Is this natural? Does this have you know, chemicals in it? Am I being exposed to microplastics? Are there artificial colors or preservatives or flavors in this? And it really can allow you to have better insight on being proactive to your own health. And that's so important because that's what I speak about so often. Sometimes people look at health as being more in the setting of illness, but health technically it's your wellness and we're all through this journey of life trying to achieve, you know, the healthiest way to age. I always say, aging graceful is what our goal is. So through the inclusion of different dietary supplements and adhering to healthier lifestyles, this can be done. So I always use myself as an example. I used to laugh and say my car was on autopilot, you know, when I was back in college to any bad fast food place, and now I know I could not tolerate that. So when you eat energy dense foods, your body will appreciate that. But we also know that even if we are adhering to a Mediterranean diet and we have these healthy foods, we're still likely lacking key nutrients. So this is why speaking with one of our nutritional experts is so essential for you because they can help you select the right multivitamin. And as you know, we have a very extensive line of multivitamins. The appropriate omega three fatty acid we all need extra omega threes. Don't fool yourself on that. Omega threes are key to regulating so many functions in our bodies. So when we're thinking of fish oil or our wonderful krill oil advanced as an example, we have to make sure that we're getting enough exposure to those omega threes to offset any level of inflammation. Because we know inflammation is the driving force for any chronic disease, including cancers, So how do we target that well through the nutrients that we are taking in. And this is why dietary supplementation becomes so important for us, because inflammation in that chronic low grade state isn't always you don't see it and you may not even feel it, because it's not like you stubbed your toe and you can look down and say, oh, yes, you know, red and swollen, that's acute inflammation. But chronic inflammation, that's what's so incredibly detrimental. So we just have to do a better job. And we know that when it comes to taking in the right nutrients. You know, study just came out from Harvard this week looking at the consumption of dark chocolate being incredibly helpful for lowering the risk of type two diabetes. So when I talk about our coco h X today, this is one of the areas that I'm going to zero win for you talk about why is it that those cocoa flavanols, how are they working to communicate with ourselves to not only power them up and to fight off free radicals, but how are they working to regulate our insulm response. Because it really is fascinating science when you start to see the way that things from nature such as cocoa, and we're not talking milk chocolate here, folks, we're talking cocoa, how powerful that can actually be. But on another note, we're live and if you happen to have a health related question for me, you can give me a call because I am more than happy to take your your calls and answer your questions. So I'm gonna give you the number before I cut to our first break, and you can call in talk to Bruce. He's he's ready, so just let him know who you are and he will let me know and then we can have a little chat. So the number, if you have a question for me, is eight hundred three two one zero seven ten. So I'll give you that again. It's eight hundred three two one zero seven ten. So don't be shy or bashful, give me a call. I have a lot of the science to cover today, but I am more than happy to take your calls. What I'm gonna do, I'm gonna take a quick break. When I get back, I think we'll get into a little bit of a chocolate talk. So stick around. You are listening to Invite Health Radio. I will be right back. Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Or go to invite heealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Help Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, and I have Anthony from Brooklyn on the line. How are you doing on this Saturday morning? Anthony?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great. Last year this time I wasn't doing so well. I had open heart surgery. Good and I just want to know, is there like a place I can go to where I can literally have someone sit down and talk to me about my supplements and what I should be taking. And you know, I'm sixty four now and I just would like to take better help.
Speaker 3: Well, I have got a care of my health, and I think that that's great that you're being pro I'm you know, very happy that you are one year out from your obviously very traumatic but your open heart surgery. And yes, the answer to your question is yes, you can go into any of our store locations. You said you were in Brooklyn, so we have a store over on Ralph Avenue. You can go over there, you can have a chat. You can certainly reach out to me. I can give you my emails A Williams at invitehealth dot com, and I can you know, work with you on establishing a way that you can have a you know, if it's easier to do a video consultation for you, we can certainly set that up. But when it comes to heart health, there's many different moving parts to this. In traditional medicine, doctors oftentimes want to just look at the heart as just an isolated organ. But we know that the heart is kind of the it's the beat for everything in the body, and we have to recognize that, and we have to realize that there are different nutrients that can be very very helpful for not just circulatory function thinking of heart health, but for the way everything is working in the body. So when working with us, what you would do is you'd come in and we'd sit down and we kind of talk about, you know, what are you doing right now? What medications are you on? Because I'm guessing that you are likely on a couple, if not more than that of cardiac medications and some of the concerns that go along with that. Number one, you likely need those medications, but many of those medications can create nutrient depletions. We want to be able to avoid that, so we have to understand which meds you're on. Are you on a beta blocker, are you on an ACE inhibitor drug, are you on something that's a diuretic, for example, Because the more we understand that for you, Anthony, what we can then do is design a supplementation routine to make sure that we're covering any of those areas that potentially those medications are lowering your magnesium or your coenzyme Q ten level, because then it's going to make it harder for your heart to work. So you may be taking a drug that's intended to help your heart health, but at the same time it's lowering key nutrients that your heart actually requires so your doctors usually don't talk to you about this, and this is the things that we do alongside of you to really get you across that threshold of overall wellness, not just for your heart but for everything. But there are nutrients that you should definitely be including in, including coenzyme Q ten in that ubiquinyl form. Vitamin D many times overlooked when it comes to heart health. So you know, having your serum vitamin D level tested would be incredibly advantagious. And because if you have low levels of vitamin D that can affect your cardiac function. So my advice to you would be to you know, if you can't make it into the Ralph Avenue location, like I said, reach out to me and I will be happy to get you set up with a video consultation and we can get you on the right path when it comes to heart health and beyond anthony.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that your Ralph Avenue address, what is go?
Speaker 3: Let me grab that for you. Give me just one moment, I'll give you our Ralph Avenue location. Okay, So the Ralph Avenue is nineteen forty two Ralph Ave and they are open today from ten until seven.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think I will go in there today, not definitely tomorrow, but I am interested in just improving my health overall, because I don't feel my age, and you know, my body wants to get up and go running. But it's like, well is it okay safe to go back to exercising. And you know, speaking from someone who's always taking care of themselves, I don't smoke, I don't drink. I never did a drug a day in my life. It wasn't prescribed to me. And other than that, you know, I just want to see if I can get at least another thirty out of this life.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's great. Hey, we want to get you back out and out and about running, doing whatever it is that you want to do. There are so many nutrients, like I said, that can really help to enhance the way that you feel every day, get that energy level back. Going through open heart surgery is incredibly traumatic and can really deplete your energy, and so to try and come back from that can be difficult, but it's definitely achievable. Let me put it to you this way. Once we get you on the right routine and you're taking nutrients like your ubiquinyl COQ ten that we're making sure that we're covering any of those potential nutrient deficiencies that are brought on by the medications that you're taking. We can turn to formulations like our ribos complex and that really helps to power up not just your your heart muscle function, but for all of your muscles. So definitely, working with us, we can get you on the right path. And like I said, you can stop by our Ralph Avenue location and you can also email me directly, and I'm happy to work with you, Anthony to get you back up to speed. So you're feeling peppy.
Speaker 6: And thank kar and I really appreciate the stolarsation.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you are so welcome. You enjoy the rest of your day. And you know, I have such an appreciation when people do call in with their concerns because while in Anthony's situation and clearly having open heart surgery, that's a major event, but many times people just need kind of a little extra guidance because for all of us who have been in the traditional medical world, we know that sometimes it's a little cold and isolated, and maybe you go in and you see your doctor and they give you your labs and you go, I have no idea what any of this means. You can come to Invite Health and we can help kind of break it down so you understand what you know this level means, and if it's low, how do I bring it up? Or if I have something that's high, how do I bring that down? I oftentimes say, if we look at the body in a very simple way, and all of the cells, we're usually either toxic in something or we're deficient in something. So just always keep that in mind. But we're definitely your go to to resource for that. Now, when it comes to ubiquinol, as you all know, if you listen to to this program for so many years, you know that Invite Health has a very unique form of coenzyme q ten. I know I said I was going to go to cocoa, but since we were just talking to Anthony with heart health, I figure I will will pivot just a bit and talk about our coenzyme Q ten because co q ten is naturally occurring in the body, but as we get older, those levels start to go down, and that's a problem not just for heart health, but for all of the cells in the body. Because our body requires coenzyme q ten as its natural fuel source. It's kind of like if your car runs out of gas. I mean it may be an absolutely beautiful car, but if it has no fuel in it, you're not going anywhere. Your body is the same way, So if your coenzyme q ten levels start to go down, that is going to kind of start to putter out all of yourselves. So supplementation with co enzyme q ten is really very important. I always say, once you hit about thirty years old, we should already be thinking, oh goodness, I've been on this earth for thirty years. I need to replenish some co q ten. But how do we do that in the most effective way? Well, not all coenzyme q ten's is created the same. So say you go into just a you know, Duane read and they have coq ten. Is that the same as the coq ten that Invite health offers. No, it is not, because what we use is a very powerful bioidentical form of coenzyme q ten known as ubiquinol, and the form that we use actually a registered trademark form called knica, And the science behind this is incredibly impressive. So I can talk for our hours an hour s folks when it comes to our ubiquinyl formulation and we have it partnered with NADH, which I'm going to talk about that because this has really been in the news recently because NAD is kind of looked at as this new anti aging nutrients. It's natural, it exists in the body, but why is it so important? I'm going to talk about that. But I do have Donna from Queens. How are you this morning? Donna?
Speaker 4: Good morning? I just can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you just perfectly great.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm calling actually to try to identify whether it's tuxacity or deficiency in my body. I've been experiencing, not frequent, but under differentdications, just sudden those leads. When I get up in the morning, if I'm in intense reading or preer something, I'll get up and then uh if actually comes along with crying, and then it'll happen. But then it stops. It doesn't. It's not like incontrollable. It does, but it does stop. But it's just getting up and then the nose bleed and then you know, it stops. So it's happened on three different occasions within the month.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm sure that that's going to be.
Speaker 4: You know, what blood, what blood, but what blood tests? Maybe I should you know, ask for go to get my blood worked. And I've worked it with many here, so I'm familiar with the store right here and near me a New Hype in New Hype Park, so that's very accessible. But I just want to just you know, it's inquire about that. Maybe the blood tests I should inquire.
Speaker 3: About, sure, and I'm sure that that's going to be an incredibly alarming thing. Any of us who have experienced a nose bleed in the past, you think, why is this happening and how do I get it to stop? Right? But first, Stiffy, when it comes to blood testing, let me answer that question for you. You definitely would want to, you know, just go in and do an anemia panel. So they're looking at not just your red blood cell count and your hemoglobin, but also looking at your iron storage level the percentage of that, as well as the ferretin levels, because if there's something going on with that, we need to figure out, you know, is it technically an iron deficiency that you're experiencing or is it potentially maybe from B vitamin deficiency. So just you know, going in and just having a complete anemia panel done, which is just a simple blood test, but they're just looking at more things. So that's one place that we can start. But the other thing is why is it happening? Well, as we get older, the if we think about just the anatomy inside of the nose, the I always say, you have like tissue paper and it can start to thin out, and we have these tiny little microvascular blood vessels that go through that area. So as the tissue paper starts to thin out, we can experience kind of these little tiny bleeds that can happen. So what can we do to remedy that. Well, we have to try to strengthen those little microvascular vessels, and we can achieve that through a couple of different actions. One we can take vitamin C. Vitamin C can become our best friend when it comes to strengthening the little capillaries and all of the blood vessels. So I would advise if you're not taking additional vitamin C right now to start head over to New Hyde Park. Get some of our vitamin C the thousand milligrams, take that twice a day, and then also partner that up with vitamin K two and K one. Take one capsule of that per day. The reason why vitamin K doesn't create blood clots, that's often a common misconception of vitamin K. What it does is it's part of the blood coagulates and we require vitamin K one and two for that process to happen. So if we start to supplement with our vitamin C along with the K two and K one complex, this will really help with that strengthening of those little tiny capillaries that are thinning out and creating those bleeds for you. So that would be my suggestion is get on those two things as soon as you can. And then of course, if there's if you do have thinning that's occurring, and because there's more of a dryness in the air, especially in the wintertime, if you're using forced heat because it being twenty five degrees this morning, you can also use you know, just a real light kind of a natural gel that we can put inside of the nostril area and that can also help. So but definitely follow up with me, Donna, and let me know how the vitamin C and the vitamin K two K one complex. And I'm sure you're very familiar with working with Gail at New Hyde Park. You can keep her in the loop as to to how you're doing as well.
Speaker 4: Great, great, thank you very much. And the gel that you're suggesting is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like a they make them. They're like it's like a water based gel, so not like a petroleum not like a vasoline, but more of like a water based gel that you can get and you can just they have like Aqua four is one that you can use and just put a little bit maybe on a Q tip and up the nostril and that'll help you know, with the moisture.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, you are so welcome. You are very very welcome, Donna. And I know that we ran over just a couple of minutes here on our time. So what I'm gonna do, I'm going to cut to a quick break and then when we come back, I'm going to talk more about NAD. Why do we have NADH along with our coenzyme Q ten. It's very interesting, So you're gonna want to hear this, so stick around. I will be right back just after this. Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consops today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two, or go to invite Heealth dot com. And welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, and I want to talk a little bit more about our unique ubiquinyl formulation that we offer it Invite Health because it's not like your standard coke ten that you can find at a vitamin shop or if you go into Duane Reads. As I mentioned, this is the bioidentical form of coenzyme q ten, so it's exactly the same type that our body makes, and this is by far the most well researched and studied coenzyme q ten supplement that you can utilize. Now we partner it with NADH, which is a vitamin B three derivative, So vitamin B three is niacin, And what NADH is actually doing is it is helping to facilitate better cellular uptake of not only the coenzyme q ten, but to power the way in which ATP, which is the energy that your cells make, it allows for a greater like push of that energy out of the cell. So when you're using our ubiquenol with NADH, you really can start to see this noticeable shift in terms of overall energy. And it's not a stimulant because remember we're using something that already exists in the body, both NADH plus the ubiquinal So it's just creating this balance again because we're probably walking around with lower levels, so we want to try to be able to bring those levels back up. Now, NAD is the one that's kind of been trending in the news, and this is a vitamin B three derived as well. But when we're supplementing, ideally we want to be using NADH, which is what we use because we know that this is really the most effective way to get the most out of that energy production at the level of your little mitochondria. So we have an excellent formulation. It's our ubiquin al with NADH. Definitely check that one out. Generally speaking, most people will take one per day, but in other situations, like our caller earlier today with Anthony, he would likely be taking two capsules because he has underlying cardiovascular history. So once again, working with one of our nutritionists, best way to determine your personalized supplementation routine. So, but right now we've got Joe from Queen's Joe. How are you?
Speaker 7: I Amanda lot time right, No, I.
Speaker 3: Was so excited when I heard you were on the line. How are you doing?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Okay, yeah, Like you have follow I followed the college troupes pretty closely, so I get you know, some of the different like you could get like a Kansas game on the Alexa, for example, you know, so you get different commentators. But my question, Amanda, is two questions. One is I have been pretty consistently getting el connoisin from you guys. What would you recommend to take in terms of five hundred eight a thousand or fifteen hundred that's my one question. And I did read this book Brain Energy, the audio book which if you haven't read that by Christopher Palmer. It's talking about the mitochondriar and the brain as being you know, very important in the neurons. But and he mentions a three times for the connections with the between the neurons you know, and the signaling. But it's not the same as NADH and if not, what's the slight difference? And he also talks about ATP. Do you recommend supplementing with ATP or can you get that in the food?
Speaker 3: Well, they're all excellent questions. As usual, you always come prepared, Joe, I'll start with your carnisine. For the most part, five hundred milligrams of supplementing with el carnissine is more than sufficient. However, if someone has any type of underlying issue as far as kidney function or someone with diabetes and we're concerned about access sugar, creating damage to the nerves or to the muscles, then it would likely be advisable to take two, so to go upwards to that one thousand milligrams of carnisine per day. So that's on the carnisine. When it comes to NAD and NADH, this is always the because you can read a lot of different things. You can go on you can see this blog talks Oh it has to be NAD. You know, there's a lot of IV NAD anti aging treatments that are out there now, but really what's the difference. Well, they're both derivatives of vitamin B three, so they're both nyas and derivatives. But what happens is that the body converts kind of like if we take a standard B vitamin, the body has to convert it into its active form. Same thing if you take vitamin D two you're taking ergo calcipherol, then the body has to convert that into D three. So we always want to try to avoid that conversion pathway and just take the most powerful thing right from the jump. And that's why NADH, that's the form that's going to give us the most bang for our buck when it comes to generating ATP, which is the actual energy that's produced from the mitochondria. So no, does that mean supplementing with you know NMN or NAD is a negative thing. No, it's just we know that NADH is going to generate a much higher amount of that mitochondrial energy for us. And I have not read that book, but now you have turned me onto something and I will definitely make sure that I seek that one out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Taking direct ATP is never a bad idea. You've probably heard myself as well as Jerry Hickey in the past for folks who have gone in and had to have sorry, any type of surgery, say you have to go in you do rotator cuff surgery, or you're doing a you know, you have to go in and have knee surgery for example. Taking the ATP is a really excellent way to enhance the recovery time. Should you take ATP over ubiquenol each day, It's not necessary because the body we already know the way it's facilitating the energy within the mitochondria with the use of ubiquenol. So that's why we usually trend to just saying, hey, we know ubiquen all levels are going down as we get older, let's replenish that and allow the ubiquenol to make that ATP for us. But if the body's been through something, then taking the direct ATP is very good for us. So hopefully I covered all of your questions today. Joe would definitely call back again. Joe. I'm glad that we were able to catch up, and I'm glad you're watching your college hoops. I checked out a game the other night. It was from It was I think the Jimmy V Classic there at Madison Square Gardens and unfortunately my Wolverines went down to the razorbacks from our Conservatives.
Speaker 7: Had a great comeback. And I see Danny Wolf is seven to one, and so so you got like two seven footers and your you know, so that'll be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think we have a better culture this year and that's a that's what we needed. So but well, we'll catch up on our basketball soon and you enjoy the rest of your day. And thanks so much Joe for calling in. Okay, okay, all right, you'd be well. So we we know that when it comes to to N A D N A d H, it can be incredibly confusing, and for some maybe this is your first time ever hearing like what the world is na D. So we take, you know, all of our vitamins, all of our vitamins and minerals and amino acids, they all serve multiple different purposes, and we know that our cells require na D and nad H to generate that energy. So while it's a very complex process for the body to actually make energy from nyasin directly, we know it happens through two different pathways. One uses the amino acid trip to fans, so I'm getting a little technical here to make nad and NADH. The other one we are using vitamin B three directly. So when it comes to supplementation, this is why I say we partner the NADH with our ubiquenol, because we recognize that this is going to be the best way for us to achieve this real high amount of energy from a supplement a supplemental form. So it can be when you start to look at pathways sometimes it's a little overwhelming, especially if you don't have a background in biochemistry or medical biochemistry, which understandably so many people do not. But in any event, we know that when you're using the invite health, you big when all with NADH. This is the best way, folks, for you to charge up your cells. So I have two more callers that I need to get to. So what I think I'm gonna do. I'm going to take a break right now. When I come back, I'm going to go to those callers, and I still have to talk about Coco with you today. So stick around. You are listening to Invite Health Radio, and I will be right back. Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two or go to invite heealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. Happy Saturday morning to everyone. I know that it's a chilly morning there in New York, so hopefully we're warming you up with some good health talk this morning. And we've got another caller, so we're gonna go to Dave from Smithtown. How are you doing today, Dave?
Speaker 5: Hi, Doctor Williams, how are you?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good. So longtime listener, first time caller. Love your show. Love Jerry Hickey. So, I I'm having a problem that you know, I tried to go to the new Hyde Park store, which is my store. You know you mentioned Gail. She helped me with my severe flatchluns problem I had a few years ago, and I'm taking probiotics now and it's really been amazing how it's just been solved. But recently I've been having some other issues and it was a kind of a colo rectal cancer scare, and you mentioned colorectal cancer in the beginning of your show, and that was what made me think to call because I had I had some blood in my stool and also some really really bad itching. So I went to the to the doctor and he said, I have hemorrhoids. And he tried some like over the counter things, and now he wants to he wants to put me on some kind of prescription cream, and I just don't think that it's working. And you know, so I tried to go down to talk to Gail, but the pain and the itching is so bad. And I moved to Smithtown now, which is in Suffolk County, and I couldn't find a store, and so I tried to go to New Hyde Park, but I had to turn around because I couldn't sit for so long. And it's really really bad, and I'm hoping that you can help me.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness. Yeah, And that's that's never a fun thing. And you were definitely not alone. And it's kind of one of those taboo topics that sometimes people, you know, they cringe away from it. I don't want to talk about hemorrhoids, but you know, Dave, it's This is a real problem for so many people. I mean, when we look at the statistics on hemorrhoids, at half of Americans over the age of fifty are dealing with hemorrhoids. And we just have to think of, you know, anatomy speaking, why is this even happening? And you know, symptomatically, what are you experiencing? You know, some folks, you know, experience a lot of blood loss upon going to the bathroom. Others can have the kind of the paritis or the itching. There's a lot of different ways to which are just pressure. In general, there's a lot of ways that hemorrhoids can present. But in any event, they're not a fun experience and you just want them to go away. But we have to kind of look at, you know, why is it happening. Well, we have a normal amount of vasculature that's located inside of the the rectal area and you know, just through through time and maybe it can be because of GI related issues. You said that you you know, had some flatulence problems earlier on and now you're using the probiotic HX and that's really you know, solved that issue for you. So we look at you know, digestive reasons. We can look at, you know, what's our fiber intake? Are we getting enough fiber every day? But we know that over the course of time that normal part of the human anatomy can start to kind of drop down, and so when they're called anal cushions, when those start to kind of come down, they can become swollen and irritated. Sometimes they remain inside, but they're still swollen and irritated and can create the sloughing off of blood, which you can notice when you go to the bathroom. Other times they come completely out, so then you have what are known as like the external hemorrhoids. But in any event, like you said, you can try some of the over the counter creams. You can try different things, and sometimes they're not the most lovely experience to have to go through and also sometimes not effective. So there are things that we can do. One is we can look at our diet and say, am I getting enough fiber? So you can work with one of our nutritionness And since you've relocated to Smithtown, you're not as close to New Hyde Park anymore. You can just give us a call and we'll patch you through to one of our available nutritionis and they can work with you on the fiber component of the lifestyle modification. But I have a solution for you right now, and that is our veins HX formulation. This is my go to You've probably heard us talk about this. You said, you've listened to the show for many years. This is a wonderful product that blends horse chestnut extract, it has citrus bioflavonoid, there's billberry extracts. So all these powerful antioxidants that are working synergistically together to strengthen your vascular area, especially in the rectal area. So I have worked with so many individuals through the years who get that courage to come in and say, listen, I'm dealing with hemorrhoids. What do I do? And I say, VEINSHX will be your solution. And the best way to take this since you're a cute right now, now take two tablets twice a day for about four or five days, and then after that take two tablets, so one in the morning, one in the afternoon. Now you can add additional vitamin C to this. We talked to Donna earlier with her nose bleed, so vitamin C always an answer. If we're having any of the microvascular bleedouts. So you can add additional vitamin C another thousand milligrams for example. But the veins Chex, Dave, will get you through this very unhappy time that you're experiencing. So for like I said, five days, let's just do five days, two tablets twice a day, and then scale back to one tablet in the morning, one tablet in the evening. You will see a remarkable change in how you are feeling. And if you don't, then reach out to me and let me know, because I have had such success with our veins AHX formulation. A lot of times people look at this, I think, oh, it's just for overall circulation and maybe I have varicose veins or spider veins. Yes, excellent for that too. But if you are dealing with hemorrhoids, veins achex is your answer. So hopefully that solves your problem for you, Dave.
Speaker 5: It does, But how do I get it if I can't, if I can't drive to New Hyde Park? Is there a way to get veins a check?
Speaker 3: Yes, So you can either go right to our website and you can order it right through the website, or you can give us a call and one of our reps will be happy to process that order for you and make sure that you get that product as soon as possible so that we can get you going on that veins ACHEX. So we try to make it as simple as possible for you. So if you can't make it into a store, you can always call us if you want to talk to one of the nutritionists right there on the spot, you know, on the phone. We'll patch you through, but we can also process that order and expedite the shipping to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, doctor Williams.
Speaker 3: Well you are welcome, and keep me posted as to how you're doing. Okay, all right, thank you so much, Dave. Now we have a buck eye on the line. We've got Anne from Ohio. How are you doing? Ann?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 9: Hi Hi doctor Hi II Amanda, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm wonderful. How are things in Ohio? Oh?
Speaker 9: Fine? Thank you? And I have a couple of problems here. You know. I take my vitamins and and every and I get blood work, you know, like every six months, you know, I try to do every six months. And my cholesterol number has been really up. It's like two hundred and fifty all the time, no matter what I do. And also the doctor wants me to get a calcium scoring test, which I've made an appointment Tom. And I also have high blood pressure which I'm taking amount of pain four or five milligrams once a day.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and it sounds like, you know, with everything that you're dealing with, Number one, we have to try and figure out, you know, is it as problematic as we may think, you know, because sometimes we think, oh, my cholesterol's high, so this puts me in a really big risk for a cardiovascular event. That doesn't always mean that that's the case. First and foremost, just because your cholesterol's at two fifty doesn't mean that it's putting you into this you know, scary region. What would be better is if we actually knew how the cholesterol was packaged. So if you can, you know, ask your doctor to do a particle test, so instead of just giving you the total cluster and saying, oh, listen, and your cholesterol's at two fifty, Well, how is it packaged though? Because is most of my cholesterol kind of floating around my body in these big fluffy particles. If so, it's okay that my cholesterol's two fifty because it's not you know, alarming to my system. But if it's small and dense, then that's more problematic. And in that event, then we have to say, well, how do we target that. Well, we would turn to taking higher amounts of Omega three fatty acids, to taking the Invite health fish oil, and how much you would take would really depend on, you know, what the cholesterol particle sizes are, and then we would also add in that ubiquenol with the NADH. Now, as far as the am loadopene that you're on, definitely want to make sure that you're always staying on top of your vitamin D levels. Am load a pen can lower your vitamin D, so always make sure that at least once a year you're having your vitamin D level tested and then we can make it.
Speaker 9: I did check my vitamin D. I think it's up to forty. I think it is okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd like to see it even higher than that. So, you know, around seventy is kind of that target region. So since we already know we're competing with am lotopene, which is trying to push that vitamin D level down, you'd want to be supplementing you know, with more than what you currently take when it comes to vitamin D. And then as far as the calcium score, this is an area where if it does indicate that you have any level of calcification occurring within the vascular system, that we want to include in the performance multi vitamin with that superoxide dismutase. That is a very powerful antioxid that can help with the clearing of those vessels along with K two and K one, because that makes sure that that calcium isn't just hanging out having a party in your vessels, that it actually makes its way to your bones. So but you can follow up with me via email and just shoot me an email A Williams at invite health dot com. And if you have, you know, other blood tests that you want me to look through, send that over to me. I'll be happy to look at that and follow up with you with some suggested nutrients to take. I know that we're at the end of our hour here. I didn't get to Coco, but don't worry, folks, I will still cover Coco on our next show that's on special today. By the way, along with the UBIQUINL the alkalizer powder is also on special and remember, if you happen to have questions for me, please reach out A Williams at invitehealth dot com and until we speak again, be well. Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two's eight one hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two, or go to invite heealth dot com.
Speaker 8: You have been listening to Invite Health Radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a quoll at eight hundred sixty three to two zero five.
Speaker 2: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed