Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: News didn't need advice, so you don't have come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No, Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: What is going on in your life?
Speaker 5: We are here to help you solve problems, to answer questions taking place, make your life just a little easier.
Speaker 6: And we have a lot happening here. We have a car.
Speaker 5: Day today and I'm waiting for those guys at the studio.
Speaker 1: You get on zoom and I'll bring them up.
Speaker 6: We can't get on zoom.
Speaker 1: We don't have a.
Speaker 7: Camera, sir, Oh what part of we don't have a camera? Do you not understand me? We should have one over the weekend.
Speaker 6: But I want you to we'll test it with yours.
Speaker 5: Then you were walking around, you were getting a really good picture.
Speaker 1: But you can't do that right now. That's okay, that's fine anyway.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have in the studio today show Kevin Calkin, Rod Dreer.
Speaker 6: Bob Perry. Bob Perry is the leasing guy.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about a lot about leasing Lately, Rod and Perry are both with JFR Cars Rod and Bob, and then Kevin is with Sheridan Autotech.
Speaker 1: Kevin, right off.
Speaker 5: The bat, I have a text for you, and by the way, you can text me. I want to remind you seven four seven fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and I might leave early today. I got a I was invited to a Venezuela and Smorgasbord bring your own cat, and uh, I think it's cool. So also, uh, they're going to uh be it's going to be held at an apartment complay that they took over, so it should be a good evening. We're going to commandeer the apartment complex and eat the pets. Do you want to join us? Guys three oh three seven one three talk? You can also call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 6: Let's let's get you this question.
Speaker 5: Will Sheridan Auto Tech, You said they do a pre buy inspection for one hundred and twenty bucks and it's pretty thorough. Can I just bring any car in for that inspection? Or does it is that only for cars I'm thinking about I don't know why they're asking that, but I would imagine you would you would do that inspection for any car, Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, you know, and some cars will do that inspection with other services for not charge. But if it's just a one off, you know, pre sale, that's why we charged the one twenty.
Speaker 6: Okay, so basically one twenty they can do it.
Speaker 1: But what will you do free? What exactly do to do free?
Speaker 9: It's very similar. It may not quite go into that much depth because we're looking for body damage, frame damage, and unknowns in a car because of people don't have any history, so it is a little more extensive with a pre purchase than it would be, say with an oil Chaine or something where somebody's had the car for three years they have a little history on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk to Paul.
Speaker 5: He wants to talk about Corwin to Toyota in Colorado Springs. He has a twenty twenty Toyota tundra. Hey man, what's happening. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Not much sure, I'd made it off the mountain safe, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about your tundra. What's happening well, and for the.
Speaker 8: And one year, I had it towed twice because of loose bolts that came undone on the front end of my tundra yesterday.
Speaker 6: I was in wait, wait, wait, wait, what came up?
Speaker 1: What came undone?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Bolts just just that hold?
Speaker 8: What that hold the uh the brake line to the front driver's side, caliper.
Speaker 1: Okay, So are these bolts that hold?
Speaker 5: Are they like clamps the bolts that hold the clamps that hold the lines?
Speaker 1: Guys? What is he?
Speaker 6: What is he talking about?
Speaker 1: Kevin?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if the actual caliber bolts or the break host bolts that's you know, the hose wouldn't because the hose wouldn't. How would you even know that that's loose? I don't understand.
Speaker 8: Yes, because it wiggle loose and it's cracked off at the fitting at the caliber and.
Speaker 1: So hold on. So these lines are held up by clamps, Kevin right?
Speaker 9: Yes, correct. There's one small bolt with a clamp typically up on the control arm.
Speaker 5: And that bolt came out so the clamp, so the clamp gave way. There was no support, so it vibrated and cracked.
Speaker 9: I have never seen a road.
Speaker 8: We're going through washboards, you know, doing what a ton you we're supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Wow, well that's just lack of maintenance.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else.
Speaker 9: I mean, was there a lift kid or anything on this? Is it modified?
Speaker 8: No, it's totally stock.
Speaker 1: I mean, so who are you? What are you? What is your issue today?
Speaker 5: So that's just under the category stuff happens break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who are you going to blame for?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Who are you gonna blame for?
Speaker 9: He said? It was the second time this has happened.
Speaker 5: I thought it's a twenty twenty truck, right exactly? Okay, the first time it happened. The first time it happened happened. Oh my god, I'm gonna say, who put it back on the first time it happened.
Speaker 6: The dealerships, okay, and then it happened again.
Speaker 8: The pads were replaced on that in twenty twenty two by the dealership when I bought the truck. And the other problem was the other side the ball joint.
Speaker 1: Paul, are you saying basically, listen?
Speaker 5: Are you saying basically when you go over washboard rows and go off roading and do your thing, no bolts should come loose?
Speaker 6: Is that basically your premise?
Speaker 8: Yeah, if it's put on properly at the dealership, What am I supposed to check them every time I go off road?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 9: I agree with him. They shouldn't come loose. They're designed to do that.
Speaker 8: Especially or two.
Speaker 1: But what I mean is is that how can that be there? What did they do wrong? Kevin? What did they do wrong? That a clamp?
Speaker 6: We're talking about a hose clamp, for lack of a better word.
Speaker 9: But it's it's very secure and I've never had one come off in my thirty years. I don't know what they're doing. I've never seen one loose.
Speaker 6: A break line clamp.
Speaker 5: Okay, so maybe the holes worn out and they should have drilled a new hole.
Speaker 9: Or the bolt or something they could have done right.
Speaker 1: In the frame anyway, right head, can't you just drill a new one?
Speaker 9: You can oversize it, yeah, sure, or just.
Speaker 5: Drill or drill one alongside it. What difference does it make? I'm sure there's room to drill another hole.
Speaker 8: But that's not the first problem I've had with this truck with Corwyn. The first problem I had was the bolt for the ball joint worked loose on the passenger side tired.
Speaker 1: When did you buy beer?
Speaker 8: Pardon?
Speaker 1: I when did you buy it?
Speaker 8: I bought it in January twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the asking. And I know people are saying let them finish lemon. It doesn't matter. You're saying you're having multiple problems. Have you thought about taking it somewhere else? Why bring it back there?
Speaker 8: Well? I had my first service already paid for for the oil change. And after the oil change is when the ball joint, nut and cotter pin came up apart. Have you ever seen that an a tire collapse while you're driving it?
Speaker 1: keV Not?
Speaker 9: I mean I've seen a ball joint fail, but not the bolt come loose.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the cotter pin came loose and the uh.
Speaker 9: I don't need to ask. Somebody had to be playing with that because that doesn't just happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I never will. All the service that has been done on that truck has been done at Corwin. He was bought you at Corwin. I bought it certified to used to Corwen. I got all Let meet the records. You know who is touching that with?
Speaker 1: What they say? What do they say?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 8: Corwin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well they said, these things are like parttacts. They just happened.
Speaker 6: Well, just take it somewhere. I don't understand. What do you want?
Speaker 5: Actually I should ask that because I agree with your frustration. But now move on. No, just don't take it back there. I mean, what were you hoping? We'd say, are you looking for anything? That's what I'm getting at. Are you looking for anything from Corwin?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 8: I know I'm not going to get anything from Corwin because I've already in corporate Toyo to corporate and they kind of blew me off.
Speaker 1: But what do you What did you want? Paul?
Speaker 5: You're complaining about the service at Corwin because you're saying they do sloppy work and therefore things came loose.
Speaker 1: I get that. So what therefore what I always I always say, finish the sentence. Car Win Toyota.
Speaker 5: Does a lousy job on service and a few things came loose.
Speaker 8: Therefore, therefore what watch it? Once you go to Corwan you better check their work. Okay?
Speaker 5: In fact, I would say, therefore don't go to Corwin.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 8: One? Won't go back there? Yeah, replaced the break by myself. But when you take the car in and you paid top dollar to have these services done, and less than a year later, months later and things cut the come apart. Both's come undone.
Speaker 1: I would be upset to I would be upset too.
Speaker 5: And I don't blame you. I don't blame you one bit. I just now now you're telling me, okay, you you are pissed off at him. You just wanted to let people know. This is like an on air review.
Speaker 1: I get it. Did you put a review online?
Speaker 8: By the way, I went to a corporate and told them about it.
Speaker 5: No, no, but why don't you go online Yelp? Why don't you go on Yelp and Google and put on bad reviews?
Speaker 8: I went to the Tundra Facebook website and told them about it. I don't know where else to go. You got any suggestions where I can go?
Speaker 5: Google reviews, Google reviews, Yelp reviews, and trust Pilot.
Speaker 1: Those three people read those.
Speaker 8: That's all I can do. Get just frustrated, and I'm thank you for talking to me.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't blame you for being frustrated. I wasn't sure what there was what we could do about it. Thank goodness, you didn't have any serious damages. But Kevin, just weigh in on this basically, and Mark, wait, just quickly weigh in on this.
Speaker 6: What do you think about the call and about what he's saying.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's very abnormal for those components to come loose. That's not common at all.
Speaker 7: Well, when he said washboards, I mean there are so many levels of that. There's certain times year our neighborhood is horrible, and I can't imagine if I did eighty ninety miles an hour on these washboards for you know, thirty forty fifty miles at anything on any of my vehicles would still be there. So I don't know what he's doing with the vehicle.
Speaker 8: Baby, I just take it off road fishing sometimes.
Speaker 6: Okay, so normal stuff. You're not like a big way.
Speaker 8: But within within a year, I have a tire collapse and I have a break line come undone because boths are not in there.
Speaker 5: Now, I get it, I get it, I get it. Yeah, I guess I would be a little upset to and I would never go back there. So I think you're doing I think you're doing the right thing by getting the word out. I would put up reviews and then just don't go back there. I mean, that's the bottom line. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: By the way, we got a lot more to talk about.
Speaker 5: This hour brought to you by Frank drandreal Estate Man dot com. Market valuations for your home. Find out what they will sell for the market is changing rapidly. It's free with the obligation three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five. Okay, So, uh let's.
Speaker 6: Continue here, and we have a number of.
Speaker 5: People on the phone that we have some texts, but get your calls in at three h three Martino three or three six two seventy eight four six six or three oh three seven to one three talk. Rachel wants to talk about windows and not on the computer. She has a window installation issue at home.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rachel, what is going on? Rachel Ollo?
Speaker 13: I contracted with a company called True Blue, and they hired a subcontractor named Josh Cook to install our windows last year.
Speaker 5: And you know, is he an independent contractor Josh Blue?
Speaker 13: Josh Cook is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cook?
Speaker 5: I mean sorry, Josh Cook. Okay, And so what's going on?
Speaker 13: Two of the windows came from the warehouse the wrong size, so he said he would reorder them, and then a few months later when they came they were still the wrong size. So he apologized again and said he would reorder them. In the meantime. True Blue paid him.
Speaker 3: I confirmed with them he was paid in.
Speaker 13: Full, and he told me to reach out to him again in the summer, like July.
Speaker 5: Did you have a salesperson at true Did you have a salesperson at True Blue? Oh?
Speaker 13: I'm in contact with them.
Speaker 6: They just sounds like a True Blue problem to be quite honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wanted to ask you. I wanted to ask you who came to your home and sold you the windows? Or who did you talk to to buy the window? Who did you write the check to?
Speaker 13: So I paid? So true Blue was paid. They paid Josh Cook and for two months.
Speaker 5: But your contract is with your contract is with True Blue.
Speaker 1: With True Blue.
Speaker 5: And during the installation from Josh Cook, even though it was being done you know by him, it was through True Blue he noticed that something was wrong and had to correct it right well.
Speaker 13: He had ordered the correct size windows, but somehow between the company and the warehouse the wrong size team.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is true Blue.
Speaker 5: Then True Blue is not the one who measured for your windows. They sent out Josh Cook. Okay, so how do you buy them? I don't understand. How do you buy them from True Blue when Josh is the one that came and measured them. Tell me the exact sequence from the very beginning.
Speaker 1: Who did you call first?
Speaker 13: Well, true Blue they don't have a window person, so they caught subcontract.
Speaker 5: For what I'm asking Rachel, who did you call first?
Speaker 13: True Blue is the one who.
Speaker 3: Hired Josh Cook.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you again, who did you contact first?
Speaker 13: I guess I don't understand the question.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, you wanted windows one day and you said, gee, I want windows.
Speaker 6: Okay, who did you call or who did you email?
Speaker 1: Or who did you contact?
Speaker 13: I was getting several things done with True Blue, so everything went through true Blue, okay.
Speaker 5: And True Blue said we'll have a guy come out here, and Josh came out, and Josh came.
Speaker 6: Out and measured and ordered them. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Correct? And then Josh disappeared?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Two months?
Speaker 13: He's ghosting me.
Speaker 1: He's got what other things did you?
Speaker 6: What other things did True Blue do for you?
Speaker 13: We had a couple of things. It's kind of at the stage i'd have.
Speaker 1: To like know what I'm asking. Did they did they go? Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, he did not.
Speaker 5: Listen Rachel Mark, Mark hit it. Mark nailed it. Mark nailed it in the first thirty seconds of.
Speaker 1: This phone call.
Speaker 5: It is not that independent contractor you have a contract with True Blue. If they sent out Josh Cook to you, they're responsible for every single thing he did unless you signed a separate contract with Josh Cook.
Speaker 13: Did you I did not sign a separate contract.
Speaker 5: Okay, then it's not Josh Cook. And the fact that you can't find him. That is your problem. True Blue needs to send someone else out and make it right. The windows that were wrong, did he install them anyway or did he say I have to wait?
Speaker 13: He apologized that they were wrong, and he sent them back to the factory because you can't install How.
Speaker 5: Many of the windows were installed that you bought? How many did you buy? And how many were installed?
Speaker 13: Oh, I'd have to count. There were quite a few.
Speaker 6: Okay, fine, how many were wrong?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 6: How many are you waiting on? Basically, let's just.
Speaker 13: It's been just two windows since last November.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so let's talk about this. What is True Blue doing about it?
Speaker 13: They also tried for the past months to contact us.
Speaker 1: Well, true Blue is the problem either did.
Speaker 6: You pay your in full for these yet?
Speaker 13: Yes, it's been paid for in full.
Speaker 5: Okay, true Blue owes you these windows. True Blue needs to go after there, and so you got to say on them. So so tell me what tell me what your what are they doing for you? And what did they tell you they're doing. When you say to True Blue, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: What do they says?
Speaker 13: Communication? We were going to come up with a plan B. If we can't find Josh, and my suggestion is to find a window company and that True Blue would pay for those two windows.
Speaker 10: I just feel how about how about this?
Speaker 1: How about this? Why don't they just take care of it for you?
Speaker 13: Well, they don't have a window.
Speaker 5: Person, So why did you go through them? If they didn't have a window person, why did you go Why didn't you call like k and Ash Home Solutions or or somebody on the referral? Lis, Why did you go with a company that did not have a window person. I don't care what they're doing for you. It's kind of like a plumber's at your house and you say I want to have a garage built. Well, yeah, okay, I'll send someone. I mean that sounds like what it is. It just I don't understand the.
Speaker 13: Reasoning because they were the umbrella company that said that they could they could have people do abcd Okay, gotcha at the.
Speaker 5: Time, right, we need to okay, K do you want us to do you want us to call? Do you want us to call them for you? Because True Blue sounds like they suck right now? That's what they sound like.
Speaker 13: Oh. I think that if I get a quote for the two windows, that they will pay for them. I just I guess I feel really bad about this.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you mean the two windows?
Speaker 5: Do you have to find the same windows or do you have to find different windows?
Speaker 13: I think it's impossible to find the same windows because every windows company is going to have like their windows that they were.
Speaker 5: Well, what I'm asking is what company did Josh order them from?
Speaker 13: Oh that's cordially, what are.
Speaker 1: You just getting here?
Speaker 6: Just get your money back from these fools and move on.
Speaker 7: Go to Gravinis, go to K and H, go to someone that'll actually show up and put the damn windows in.
Speaker 6: Turn, me loose on these clowns.
Speaker 7: Let me call them right now and figure out why they took your money.
Speaker 6: And they're trying to blame some guy they hired exactly Mark exactly.
Speaker 1: They want it both ways.
Speaker 7: I don't know why you have any feelings of warmth towards these people.
Speaker 6: They you know what they're they're Rachel.
Speaker 5: You don't even know you're getting scribed by these people.
Speaker 13: Oh I guess not. I'm just feeling so bad that I was ghosted for two months and I don't even understand why.
Speaker 5: But ghosted by who You're sitting in a warehouse ghosted by who?
Speaker 1: Denver ghosted by who. No, you're being ghosted by true Blue.
Speaker 5: You know what, Unless you can point to the right bad guy, I'm not I'm not handling it.
Speaker 1: Mark. If you want to handle it, just make sure. Well what do you mean?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 1: I mean I can't help that you like the people ripping you off. I can't help that.
Speaker 6: We got more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's talk Matt. What's happening, Matt, Matt, what's going on in?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh good all right, see Matt say, I didn't even hear him.
Speaker 5: Matt he had an issue with the showroom, garage floors, wear and tear or something. But I haven't talked to him because he hung up on himself. No, and that previous woman did she hang up? We wanted to help her with that.
Speaker 7: I really can call over there if she's listening, honest to God, will help you out. What we're trying to explain to you, though, is you don't you shouldn't care about a subcontractor. If I go to home Depot, for example, and buy windows, they use subcontractors, but I pay home Depot like you paid Blue True or whoever the hell it was the problem. You're you're just blaming the wrong person, and there's nothing the Independent it's going to do.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not you.
Speaker 1: Just quit pointing your finger at him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll be happy to call You're absolutely right, Mark, absolutely right. I wonder why, though in her mind she keeps going back Hyar, he's a bad guy, but who cares?
Speaker 5: I know, well, I think she just has some affinity to the general and feels that at just if she can just get this subcontractor to tell her where the windows are, But where is the subcontractor? They're the ones that found this guy? Come on, man, so did they just like look them up somewhere? Where did they find them?
Speaker 1: See Mark?
Speaker 6: That's what you should ask them.
Speaker 5: So please, if you're listening, don't be angry at me and post something on next door that I don't help you. You know, people get so upset when I don't help them, and they assume that it's something we just have against them, I mean, or or that we have some affinity to the contract.
Speaker 7: And why and better yet, why did they pay this subcontractor in full before the windows even showed up? I mean that's kind of crazy. It's insane, the whole thing, the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Matt Man, what's happening, Matt, Yes, sir, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Matt. What's going on?
Speaker 14: I had a company come out last a year ago, the past June and put on a uh covering on my patio.
Speaker 1: And who's the company.
Speaker 14: It's Showroom Garage Floors.
Speaker 5: It's called showroom Garage floors. And they and they did patio covers.
Speaker 9: Uh they do?
Speaker 8: They do a patio a POxy.
Speaker 5: Oh when you said a covering, I'm sorry, not like a not like a ceiling. You said, so okay, they put the garage word.
Speaker 6: They coated your patio, got it?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, okay?
Speaker 14: And uh this last April, this past April, I noticed that it was wearing.
Speaker 10: Off in a couple of spots.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you didn't call the right people. Tell them who to call well Lak garage. But I still don't under Elait garage floors, ELITEGF dot com. I mean, unless the prep really sucked, I don't understand.
Speaker 6: How is it peals? I don't get it?
Speaker 5: Is it well Mark? What happens? It's the prep because it does peel. It starts peeling.
Speaker 6: Off like they didn't sand it properly or.
Speaker 1: Like yes, that's right, it peels off like a skin.
Speaker 6: And once it starts, it's terrible.
Speaker 5: Now is that what it's doing is appeeling, bubbling, chipping?
Speaker 1: What's it doing? Fading?
Speaker 6: What's it doing?
Speaker 3: None of the above?
Speaker 14: What it's it's doing. It's like it was put down too thin and the it's just wearing off in the concrete is.
Speaker 1: Starting to show through it where it's just wearing Wow.
Speaker 14: And I I have tried to contact the company. I contacted him in April.
Speaker 1: He said, what kind of warranty? Did you get?
Speaker 9: A lifetime?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 6: What's the name of the company?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 8: Short room?
Speaker 14: Garage floors out a Parker.
Speaker 7: Let's call him, Kelly. I'll pull the number up. Let's let's not play around to day.
Speaker 6: Let's call him. Let's see if he has another side to.
Speaker 7: The story, and if not, let's figure out when he can get out there and fix his lifetime warranty.
Speaker 12: He won't answer, that's my problem, he might.
Speaker 5: Answer, Oswall, how's he going to get work? If he doesn't answer, how'd you find the guy?
Speaker 14: Just from my neighbor who had it done and they have had no issues with it?
Speaker 10: Mark?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mark? Will you just continue here? I got to move. I gotta go somewhere real quick. Thank you? Yeah, go ahead?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Three us.
Speaker 14: That's him for like the last three weeks. I've called him every day and he's never returned a call. I finally got a hold of him last Monday.
Speaker 6: What was different about last Monday? Why do you finally answer?
Speaker 8: I don't know, I.
Speaker 14: Don't I don't know if you didn't recognize the.
Speaker 7: Number or so, you think he's just making sure not to answer when you call.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because he told me on what I got a discutching dog.
Speaker 8: I will be back on Wednesday and we'll be out there to correct it.
Speaker 14: And I've called him every day since last Wednesday, so a week and a half.
Speaker 7: Hey, I want to make sure I'm looking at the right people. Though, hold on here, you're saying they're in Parker or are they so they're in the Pinery?
Speaker 1: Is that right? I don't know.
Speaker 8: The website just says Parker.
Speaker 14: The phone verse should be a nine nine nine.
Speaker 6: Okay, stop, don't say it.
Speaker 7: I don't want people calling it until I try so, Kelly, I'm gonna put this in there. What's the guy's name, Chris. I'm putting Chris's number probably in the wrong place. Please move it wherever you want, Kelly, but give him a call right now. Let's see if we can get Chris on with showroom garage floors in Parker, Colorado and the Pinery, and let's take a quick break. We'll be back and let's see if we can get him. Let's get his side of the story. Let's figure out why his lifetime warranty appears, at least according to this caller, to be null invoid.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage? He had dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Let's get to business. Listen, here's the deal you've been ripped off. Taking advantage of This show is for you, and I mean it. You got to pass the number on to your your friends, your family. If you're listening right now, maybe you're sick and tired of some contractor that's been treating you like crap. Maybe you've got a landlord that's trying to just basically pull the wool over your eyes and increase your rent. And let me tell you something, with the new rules in Colorado, they can't just do that all the time. So any problem you have, I don't care if it's a bad dentist. This is a show for you. Over three hundred million dollars. Sometimes we got to get back to basics. Listen, three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges, refunds directly due to this show, and we don't charge a dime. We love helping people and that's what we do. Three zero three, Martino, I got some open lines right now. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Kelly, did you call this company? Showroom, garage floors. I can't hear a word you're saying. Oh, she's on the phone. I'm sorry. We'll go back to that in a second. Meanwhile, listen, I'm not going to go back to that call until I hear from Kelly. But here's the deal, Kevin Culkin, what is going on automotive these days?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean, is it busy? Slow?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: We've been busy August. Back when I was in it seemed.
Speaker 1: To be good.
Speaker 9: August is always good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is always good. What's your worst one?
Speaker 9: Well, it depends on the weather. If we have a really mild September October, it can it can really quiet down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you still doing tires?
Speaker 9: Not so much? No, No, you got to do a lot.
Speaker 6: Of tires to make some volume tires.
Speaker 9: It's a volume and it's some of the big players they do, so that's a good job. I don't want to try to compete with.
Speaker 7: Them, you know, I don't think. I told people today. We have Bob Perry and he's with Rod Greer Jfar Cars. But Bob does something, he's an expert in something. We get a lot of questions about people say, should I lease a vehicle? Should I buy a vehicle? What's the difference. A lot of people don't even understand what a lease is. To be quite honest, A lot of people make payments on their car and don't realize if they own it. You know, well, they don't technically own it. The bank does. But they don't know if they're leasing or if they actually bought in or paying for the car over time.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 7: Bob, is leasing a good thing or does it all come down to this?
Speaker 1: It depends.
Speaker 15: Uh, well, I would say right now leasing probably makes more sense than it ever has. You know, the concept of leasing someone's taking a gamble in the future value of the car.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're paying for You're paying for the time you use in the car, right.
Speaker 15: And so someone is gambling on the future value of that car. If they're willing to do that, you should let them. You have all the upside potential without the downside risks. So you know, you fulfill your lease, you go through the thirty six months, you're not over on miles, you don't have excessive wear and tear. If the car's not worth residual value, you give it back to them. If it's worth residual.
Speaker 9: Value or more, you may buy it.
Speaker 1: You can trade it.
Speaker 6: You have options, all right, So here's what we're.
Speaker 9: Going to do.
Speaker 7: You got any questions on leasing whatsoever? And one I'm going to bring up next hour. A lot of people start getting scammed when it's time to turn it in, especially if they've been on a five year lease and they got the car a little pre COVID or first year of COVID. They go to turn it back in and instead of paying the one dollar or whatever the buyout happens to be, depending on how the lease was structured. I mean, these companies try to screw them. Either they try to charge of money, charge of money to actually buy the vehicle, like eight nine hundred, one thousand dollars, or they simply lie to them on the value of the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that? Not really?
Speaker 15: So the least contract has a fixed buyout number of the day they signed the contract. They have to abide by that. So there were dealers no times that were charging their dealer.
Speaker 7: Hand had those calls probably once a week for about a year towards the tail end of COVID, where people would go for their buyout whatever's on the contract, and the dealer would say, the paperwork costs one thousand dollars to do. And I'll tell you one AutoNation was one of them. Phil Long was one of them. They all were doing it at one point. I mean it was crazy, man. They were coming up, how much can you charge for docs? Let's say the buyouts ten thousand dollars. Let's say that's the buyout, And they say, okay, that's fine, mister major. But in order for us to do that paperwork for you, we charge one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay. Again, they used to do that. They can't do that anymore. Oh they can't.
Speaker 9: No, I mean again, your buyout.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean I was on a conversation without you a few years ago and went through that about you know, dealer handling fees a fee for this, and that's not in their contract. So to the less e it's their buy out. Anybody else pays it off. They can charge your fees, and the dealer pays it off, they can charge fees.
Speaker 7: Can someone go directly to whoever they leased it from?
Speaker 6: In other words, if it was an Audi like you were talking about.
Speaker 7: Can they go Can they bypass that dealer they bought it from and go to any other dealer? Can they go directly to whatever Audi's lender is, I assume like AUDI Financial.
Speaker 6: I mean, what's the best way to handle it?
Speaker 1: So it depends on the lenders.
Speaker 15: Some of them are not licensed to sell a car in Colorado, so they'll refer you to one of their dealers.
Speaker 7: And you're saying a dealer can no longer charge Okay, how about if that dealer is not the one that sold it to you, you just show up at a different dealer. Doesn't matter because the contracts without it.
Speaker 1: Why would they do it?
Speaker 15: Why would a deal they go through that they thought they could?
Speaker 1: And people would pay it.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, what I'm saying is now now that you're not supposed to be doing that. Why if I own phill long Ford and someone was turning in a Ford that they bought it somewhere else, why would I even want to do paperwork and put my time into it for free?
Speaker 6: What's the benefit to me as a dealer?
Speaker 15: Well, there is none, I mean except that they can try and sell you maybe a nervous contract, which is like an extended warranty I got you forget financing that type of thing.
Speaker 7: That's it's pretty interesting. I never thought a lease would be right for me, and I'll tell you why. Well, there's one reason, and one reason only. I have no idea how many miles I'm going to put on it. I mean, I've got one car right now we probably put on thirty thousand a year, and I've got another car we probably put on five thousand miles a year, and then another car we put on probably seven hundred miles a year. So I mean, I just wouldn't even know, and I didn't plan it that way. It's just the way it ended up. Okay, everybody, hold on, Chad's got an issue with a photo radar ticket. I'm going to pin Kelly down to see if she talked to showroom gridge floors. This guy had a lifetime guarantee on his flooring. He decides he doesn't want to answer the phone when Matt calls anymore.
Speaker 6: To get warranty work that in a lot more after.
Speaker 5: This, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped News. You need advice so you don't.
Speaker 1: Have run as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 16: Come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: The only show of it's kind.
Speaker 7: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 6: Our goal in lives to make your life a little bit better.
Speaker 7: You've been ripped off or taking advantage of, or just have a question for one of our experts on referral list dot com.
Speaker 6: And of course it's car Day.
Speaker 7: We love when people that are into cars or have car questions chime in. We can talk leases, we can talk new cars, use cars, fixing cars, we can talk anything about cars.
Speaker 6: Three zero three seven to one, three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Now during the break, I have to ask everybody this now because Kevin irritated me.
Speaker 6: Kevin Call can share it.
Speaker 7: In auto tech good friend been in many times, Ridgreer, good FRIENDJFR cars dot com and then his buddy Bob Perry.
Speaker 6: First time I'm meeting Bob today. Is a leasing expert.
Speaker 7: That helps out Now, Bob real quick. So you do a lot of leases or set up deals for JFR.
Speaker 15: I mean yeah, mostly my customers, but I help everybody with them.
Speaker 1: I understand leasing.
Speaker 7: So you just you're you're the leasing expert. Yeah, that's very cool. So I don't know if you guys know this. We were talking about Costco. A lot of people don't know about costco travel and costcotravel dot com. If you have a Costco card is unbelievable pricing. Suzanna and I have used it numerous times. You can rent cars from there. You can get just a hotel, just an airline, you can get.
Speaker 1: A cruise, you name it.
Speaker 7: It's a travel agency. And we started talking about Costco and returns. In fact, who said the eight year old mattress?
Speaker 1: Who was that? Bob?
Speaker 7: So you had a friend that returned a mattress years later to costa.
Speaker 1: Eight year old mattress and they took it back, and they took.
Speaker 6: It back, and that's what they do.
Speaker 7: Unless it's like an appliance or small appliance, Costco will take anything back. Then we started talking about and everybody knows the hot dog deal. It's a buck fifty. You get that almost foot long hot dog or whatever it is. It's delicious yet quarter pounder. And then you get a coke or whatever drink you want. You can't beat out a buck fifty. And then the pizza pizzas maybe a couple bucks.
Speaker 9: Delicious slice pizza either or.
Speaker 6: You get a whole pizza for a round ten bucks.
Speaker 17: Yep.
Speaker 7: But then we started talking no, you went off the edge. Costco did something that irritated the hell out of me. Probably about three months ago they started putting the best chickens in the world in a plastic bag instead of that nice, beautiful plastic container with the sea through lids so you could see the beautiful bird under there and the skin all glistening, and the juices and it was just the most beautiful chicken masterpiece ever. Now now they basically put it in a ziplock that you can't see through. You don't even know what you're getting anymore. And I think the chicken tastes different. I don't like it in a bag at all.
Speaker 6: And Kevin's like, gosh, stell a chicken.
Speaker 1: Chicken is a chicken.
Speaker 9: You can see through the bag, and it's less plastic.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Okay, how about when it spills onto your cars?
Speaker 9: The plastic thing pops off when it's.
Speaker 6: In your No, it doesn't. I never had that problem ever. Everybody, everybody out.
Speaker 7: There knows the Costco chicken was way better, way better in the plastic container. I don't care who you are, Bride, what do you think, Oh, don't lie, don't lie.
Speaker 9: You know, have nothing to do with this.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 9: He's talking about tears me four ninety nine for the ticking. Put anything you want? You don't know, you can't.
Speaker 7: Didn't you like it better in the plastic container? Why are you crying? Why the hell are you crying?
Speaker 18: Well, you know, my dad always says, whether it's dark meat or white meat, it's all just chicken.
Speaker 9: And you take that however you want.
Speaker 1: Check?
Speaker 7: Okay, would you rather okay? Would you rather eat a chicken?
Speaker 1: Here? Here's a good example.
Speaker 7: Okay, would you rather eat a chicken off of a plate or off of a sidewalk?
Speaker 6: That's probably a better You.
Speaker 19: Don't like it when Costco or anybody changes anything, that's your problem.
Speaker 9: What if they gave you a twenty five cent discount with that'd make you happy?
Speaker 7: Well, no time, big plastic container bag, I go the other way. I'm actually willing to spend an extra quarter to keep the big plastic How do you think of that?
Speaker 9: That surprised me? Your yes, I didn't think there? Shit it all right?
Speaker 7: Three O three seven one three A two five five. Hey Chad, what's going on with this photo? Radar man?
Speaker 17: Hey Mark, thanks for taking my call, real.
Speaker 7: Quick, Chad, real real quick. On the chicken container? Would you rather have. Would you rather eat a Costco chicken that came in a beautiful, just beautiful container with a see through lid on top that none of the juices would come out and you can see that skin, it looks all delicious and just the whole thing. Or would you rather have like an old bird in a bag?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 17: I didn't really have an opinion until you started describing the glistening skin, And now I'm with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you, Chad. What's going on with this photo radar ticket? Where was it from?
Speaker 1: Uh Ton of Morrison?
Speaker 17: And just you know, start out, I don't really have an issue necessarily with photo radar tickets to begin with. I do, that's cool, But the I don't really like the way the Colorado law is written.
Speaker 8: I guess the law when.
Speaker 17: I'm researching this doesn't require like photo ID for proof of who is driving, and so they tend they send the ticket just to the registered owner. Yeah, and in my case, the vehicle in question here is registered to both my wife and I, So I don't even really understand how they meet preponderance evidence here.
Speaker 7: It doesn't even matter because what you have right there is a warning I'm not looking at it, but you never took service on this, have you?
Speaker 17: No, that's correct, But I am going to go in and contact it because I don't like the principle of it.
Speaker 7: Well, but even even listen to what I'm going to say here, the fact, if you haven't had service.
Speaker 6: Yet, I don't know what you would do with it.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to say who, but somebody that's talking right now has probably had twenty of them from Greenwood Village over the years, and every single one of them ended up in the trash can. And I never got served on any of them. Now, if they actually personally served me on one, or possibly by registered mail, and someone in my household signed for it, then I would show up to court and contest it with the court date.
Speaker 6: What you have right now, and I'd like to.
Speaker 7: See a copy of it, is most likely nothing more than a please pay us this amount. There's nothing to enforce it. There's no judge, there's no jury, there's no anything but a please pay this right now.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Oh? It makes total sense.
Speaker 17: And I think the law even says that they can't send you to collections until you're personally served. So I understand that.
Speaker 7: My point is I don't think they're going to personally serve you either. Yeah, so I wouldn't know you anything unless if you got served. Now, for everybody out there listening, though, there's there's that's we're talking about a photo radar ticket in Morrison.
Speaker 6: There's some places.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if Denver's doing it now where you might be able to get service by mail.
Speaker 6: And then the other thing.
Speaker 7: Don't forget if you're on like E four seventy or I seventy and crossover the double lines, that's a completely different deal. They don't have to serve you on those. They can make your life miserable. But we're talking about a photo radar ticket in Morrison right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Well, well, my specific question I guess on this is I do plan on contesting it, just because I mean, the forty bucks, I don't really care about one way or the other.
Speaker 7: But why contest it if you don't have to contest it.
Speaker 6: I'm not understanding you.
Speaker 17: Because I don't like the principle of the law, because they what the law says is that I mean that they may ask you to prove that you weren't driving, rather than the other onund and I guess I have a question about that. Is that even here?
Speaker 7: Here's what I'd like to do, Kelly or Shannon Tell Kelly, I'd like to get Joela's er on.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 7: I want to get one of our criminal defense attorneys on. I want to make sure some of the rules haven't changed. But what I really want to get through to you, Chad, and I could be wrong. That's why we're going to get an attorney on. But if it's the same way it was a year ago that ticket for Morrison, I personally and this isn't legal advice by any means, but we're gonna get legal advice. I'd toss it in the trash. I don't think it's worth the paper it's printed on. I don't think they can do a damn thing about that ticket, unless if they personally serve you, which that would cost him more than what the hell the ticket would be at full price. That's why it never happens. But hold on, I want to put you on hold. We're gonna get Joseph A. LA's era up.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 7: Mike has a comment on the photo Radar ticket. Wayne's got a problem with insurance. One line open three zero three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, you've been ripped off for taking advantage of we have one line open. I want to get right back to this. It's a very interesting question photo Radar. I've got Joe Lazara and I'm going to bring Joe up Joseph criminal defense attorney. And it's not like he's going to do traffic tickets. Look, man, this guy's a real deal. If you find yourself with the DUI, you find yourself in trouble. Maybe could be anything domestic violence, assault, Maybe you get into a bar fight, maybe you were accused, maybe you're innocent, It doesn't matter. You want Joe as there as simple as that. You got to have someone to talk to you. So I got him up as our expert. But Joe, I want to ask you about something about photo radar. Right now, I realize if you're on C four seventy and you cross over into the express lanes, they have new rules for that where pretty much, if you want to be able to reregister your car, you're basically in trouble. You're gonna end up paying the ticket, most likely one way or another.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 20: Don't pay right when you get that notice or within that acceptable range.
Speaker 1: They double it.
Speaker 7: They double it. That's right, And they kind of carved out certain rules.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 6: And it was tricky as hell. Let's put it like it is.
Speaker 7: The state of Colorado did something that I think's tricky as hell.
Speaker 8: But whatever, I've already got one.
Speaker 1: You did that so funny. Did you pay it?
Speaker 7: As an attorney, if anybody could fight it, it would be you. Did you pay it?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 20: I looked into it and then it was legit as like, it is just not worth my time.
Speaker 9: I just sent him the.
Speaker 7: Check exactly, and like you said, if you don't, if you don't follow the rules, what's amazing is it's statutory. They actually passed laws over exactly.
Speaker 6: What we're talking about. They went that far on this.
Speaker 7: So if you do fight it, unlike other things which I found, Joe, you're pretty much guilty until you prove yourself innocent, unlike pretty much anything else.
Speaker 6: Is that a good way to sum it up?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I think that's perfect now now.
Speaker 7: But what we're talking about right now, and I'm going to bring chat up, he got a photo radar ticket in Morrison. Now the last time, I'm not gonna say last time, Suzanne got a photo radar ticket, she balled it up and talked, lost it in the trash from Centennial. She was never served, nor in person, nor by registered mail, never served, and nothing ever became of it for years and years. What now, I'm not asking necessarily, how does it work with a photo radar ticket in most jurisdictions, now, Joe?
Speaker 20: Exactly, if if you don't pay the fine, they have to personally serve you, are they going to go to that effort? Denver May They'll charge an additional fee for personal service. You'll then have a coord date in which to appear. But a lot of the jurisdictions are just simply hoping.
Speaker 9: That you pay.
Speaker 7: They're not going to out, they're not gonna put the money out there to try to personally serve us a bottom line.
Speaker 8: Exactly, it's that becomes and then and then.
Speaker 1: So and then.
Speaker 7: Here's what I was trying to explain to Chad, and I think you're doing a little better better of it. I told him if it was me, I just throw it in the trash, like we talked about. But I think if he tries to contest it, and I'm sure there's some way on that notice to say, hey, if you didn't.
Speaker 6: Do it, call here.
Speaker 7: I think all that does is put them on the radar, meaning then they might come serve them.
Speaker 6: What do you think about that.
Speaker 20: I think that's more likely, absolutely, because now they're doing more work, they're looking at your case specifically, versus the hundreds that they write every single day.
Speaker 7: Chad, All I'm saying to me it's basically a phishing scheme by the town of Morrison or Centennial. And I know all these people out there listening are like, you need to shut up here. No, I'm telling you how it is man. First of all, I don't think it's constitutional, but that's a whole different argument. I don't think a camera can show up and testify against you. So I don't feel bad for these communities trying to rip off their own people. But Chad, do you have any questions for our attorney?
Speaker 17: Well, I do, and I agree with everything you're saying. I mean, this is more about the principle to me.
Speaker 6: Because the law, you're going to principle yourself right into paying that ticket. But keep going.
Speaker 17: Well, maybe that's fine, it says I'm looking at the Colorado State website here, the state and local governments may not require that a registered owner of the vehicle disclose the identity of the driver of the vehicle, but registered vehicle owners may be required to submit evidence that the owner was not the driver at the time of the alleged violation. Like that sounds you have to prove yourself innocent, not the other way around. So I mean, I just have an issue with that principally. Now, in this case, specifically, the car is registered to both.
Speaker 11: My wife and I.
Speaker 1: Both my wife and.
Speaker 17: I drive it, and so they don't have a picture of who the driver is.
Speaker 1: So I don't.
Speaker 17: I mean, am I going to be in a situation I go and contest this where I just say, look, I don't know who was driving.
Speaker 6: Prove it, you know, Joe, any thoughts on that, Yeah, that photo should depict who the driver is?
Speaker 20: Is that male female should get spacial features?
Speaker 8: It doesn't.
Speaker 7: You can contest that you have a defense then, but why would you go through all these headaches of having to show up in court in front of a judge and some camera expert that operates photo radar or whatever to say that when you can simply throw it in the trash.
Speaker 17: Well, it's like I said, it's the principle of the thing. If they want to go through the process, and I've got.
Speaker 13: Some time on my hands, guess what they can go.
Speaker 17: Through the process. They want to bring in a photo radar expert.
Speaker 1: I gever, But I get it. The law.
Speaker 17: Here's the thing is the law says that they don't have according to Morrison, that they don't The law doesn't require them to have photoproof of who the driver is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that, Chad, I get you. Listen, man, you're right. I'm not going to argue you're not right, and principle, you're right. But what I have to tell you is I don't understand what you're trying to do with this point. To me, it makes zero sense. I understand you want to stand up for it and all that stuff. It would be like if I wrote you a letter. Let's forget it's Morrison. I wrote you a letter. Hey, Chad, it's Mark Major. You owe me three hundred dollars. Just out of the blue, you open it up. What are you going to do for the principle of the matter, are you're going to try to defend yourself that you don't owe me three hundred dollars. If you don't, let's say you never heard of me before, never saw me. You open up a letter that says, hey, you owe.
Speaker 6: Three hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Why would you even engage? There's no purpose. I do appreciate the call, Joe. I want to ask you something though, man I saw over the last holiday. I think it was state patroller, maybe Douglas County was setting up Those checkpoints are checkpoints to the letter of.
Speaker 1: The law in Colorado.
Speaker 7: Are DUI checkpoints perfectly legal?
Speaker 21: They are.
Speaker 20: There's a whole bunch of different requirements that be S eight or the police department has to meet before they're deemed legal. As long as they provide that and follow the cross their keys and dot their eyes, they're perfectly legal.
Speaker 8: And they do.
Speaker 7: Let me give you a scenario that someone asked me about. Let's say I twenty five. If you exit Lincoln, or if you exit wherever, I don't care where it is, you exit, and they have a checkpoint set up close to their I mean, I don't even know where they set these up. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen an active checkpoint except on the news, but wherever they set it up. If someone's driving up to the checkpoint and they turn around, does that give probable cause in and of itself for one of the cops to hop in the car and come pull you over.
Speaker 20: They have to provide notice for you to avoid the checkpoint.
Speaker 7: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, So they have to actually announce checkpoint coming up.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there has to be something that notifies you that there's a checkpoint, let's say on Parker and Lincoln, so you can avoid that by getting off on the exit above that, or.
Speaker 7: So when I asked you the initial question, that's a perfect example of one of the things they have to do to make a checkpoint are legal, right.
Speaker 20: They have to provide notice, they have to provide an opportunity, you know what, avoid the checkpoint.
Speaker 7: That's kind of crazy because, okay, you know, I'm a realist here. If someone had maybe a beer or two a dinner and they see it, they might just get nervous and avoid the checkpoint. But somebody that's just hammered out of their mind that shouldn't even be near a car, let alone driving a car, might not even realize that.
Speaker 6: Sign was there to avoid the check point, right.
Speaker 10: Right exactly, Driver to the checkpoint.
Speaker 7: All right, So let me ask you another question while I have you. I love throwing this stuff at you. So you get pulled over and I don't care if you've been drinking or not, but the cop asks you have you been drinking? Or even a cop going, do you know how fast you are going?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: I know that one's a trick because then all of a sudden you're admitting to speeding. But let's actually say, if they pull you over and then they ask you have you been drinking today? Do you have to answer? Can you lie?
Speaker 6: Should you tell the truth?
Speaker 7: I mean I realize everything's a little different, But how about a scenario where you only had one glass of wine and you just left Magiano's or wherever.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I mean, I always think there's this fine line, but once you admit to drinking, that opens the door to their further investigation. If it's one drink, you're fine. But if you've had several and you admit to having just two, they're going to get into that dui investigation. They're going to get you out doing roadside How you go from there?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 7: At that point if you said, for example, yeah, I just I had a couple beers at dinner or whatever it happened to be. If you said that, does that basically also give them permission to search your vehicle?
Speaker 1: At that point, they.
Speaker 20: Can't search your vehicle un less money. You give them permission or two if they're impounding it, they can do an inventory search or they get a want.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, folks out there, listen. I can't speak more highly of a defense attorney than Joela's era. Joe I say it all the time in your spots.
Speaker 1: I do for you.
Speaker 6: He knows the judges, he knows the other side, the prosecution, he knows how to cut the best deal if you are guilty, and if you think you're going to cut a deal with a prosecutor, you're just stupid. I'll just put it like that.
Speaker 7: You need a good attorney that knows the people. That's Joseph Ale's era. Please write this number down. This is one of the numbers, and I mean this. When you do get in trouble and you're in handcuffs, you don't want to be sitting there trying to google the closest attorney. You want someone that we have known for years and years that will fight his ass off for you, to get you off if you're innocent, or to get you the best deal possible. Joseph Ale's era, thank you for coming on as always. Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Joe, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred. Put it in your phone. Joelazara Lazzi three zero three four two nine sixty two on. I gotta take a break. We're gonna come back. John's got a comment on the photo radar tickets. Wayne's got an issue with insurance, and that's about it. Hold tight, one line open, three zero three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: You know, Suzanne and I have been traveling quite a bit, so there's a lot of calls we haven't heard. So Kevin was asking me during the break if I knew an update on a certain call that I miss and I cannot believe what I just heard.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it. So I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna ask Kevin and Rod Greer which AFR cars actually heard the same call?
Speaker 6: Why we were out.
Speaker 7: So the story goes like this, and if you guys heard this, I find this. I actually find it hard to believe. It's this crazy. It is old guy wife died, I mean older guy wife died. Vet the whole bit Man Colorado Springs. According to what I was just told, he's got a Sianna Van. He wants to trade the Sianna Van in on a Mercedes and basically go to California to spend the rest of his life.
Speaker 6: Old guy.
Speaker 7: What happens is he ends up with a loan on the Mercedes. He had equity in the Sienna.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 7: He decides he doesn't want to do it because he can't afford the payments. How long after did he decide?
Speaker 9: A month?
Speaker 1: A month later he can't make the payment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he had his payment coupon. He brings it back and says, I can't afford it. Can I get out of this?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: They say yes? And here's how it ended up. Listen to what I'm going to say. The Sianna had zero ode on. It completely paid off. Correct, Yes, according to the call. According to the call, and in the call was actually an attorney that was trying to help him out. Yes, okay, So phillng Ford or Phil Long? I'm sorry, Phill Long. What is it Mercedes or is it still called Ford?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 7: I think it's Mercedes Benz in Colorado we're gonna find out.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 7: So but here's what happens. The old guy goes back to him. He ends up with his old car back, no Mercedes. You say, well, that's great. No, it's not great because you guess what, He's got a thirty four thousand, thirty nine.
Speaker 6: He's got a thirty nine thousand dollars loan and his Sienna back no Mercedes anymore. So he went there with the Sianna that was paid off, and he left with the exact same Sianna that he had paid off with the loan for thirty nine thousand dollars. I've just my head's going to explode.
Speaker 9: They have to pay the sales tex.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what dealership this is.
Speaker 7: I want to talk about these guys until my head explodes, because if this is true, not one of them should be able to sleep down there, and if they can sleep, they should all burn in hell.
Speaker 6: I mean simple as that they should burn in hell. I have never in my life, out of twenty plus years on this show, I have never heard anything that egregious, with the exception of people that just take money and just outright leave. I mean, like, don't do anything, but you know what they did.
Speaker 7: Worse than that, they did that, they stole twenty thousand dollars in equity from them. In my opinion, they stole, if the story's correct, twenty thousand dollars in equity, Suzanne, Can you look up at call notes. I want to figure out if Tom gave that to anybody. That is one of those things I do not want to drop the ball on. And if it's fill long Ford, I'm going to give them free commerce until they make it right. Hey, and look at it that way for long I mean, you're gonna get free commercials out of it. But let's find out maybe maybe maybe I don't even know, do you?
Speaker 1: Honest to god?
Speaker 6: Heard that was his story, right, and she was very well supposed.
Speaker 9: She was definitely an attorney.
Speaker 6: Rod and you heard the same thing as a car dealer. What the hell are you thinking when you hear stuff like this?
Speaker 18: It was a sad story. Oh my god, it wasn't illegal. I want to make sure that's clear.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm not an attorney. I'm not going to say it was illegal.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, it's the most immoral and possibly illegal. I mean, let's face it, the guy's an older guy. He might not be in his right mind. I don't know if he's if someone's got a directive over him.
Speaker 6: I don't know any of that stuff. So I can't say it's not illegal.
Speaker 7: But if the story's true, I can say they're the biggest bums in the world. They really should burn in hell. Literally, they should burn in hell. John's got to comment on photo radar tickets.
Speaker 22: Go ahead, John, Actually, I just have a question on the red light cameras.
Speaker 11: Do you treat those the same way or yeah?
Speaker 7: Same exactly? Once again, once again, this isn't legal advice, but yes, yes, you teach them the same way. If you get served, you have to show, you have to go to court. Now, some municipalities, I believe Denver, I think they can actually serve you by registered mail. So if you sign the little green slip, you receive service. But if they don't serve you, to the best of my knowledge, and of course, Joe Lazzara, the attorney we just talked to, I mean that's that you don't you just throw it away, don't even put yourself on the radar man, why do.
Speaker 6: You have one? Let's be yeah, John, let's get down to brass tax here.
Speaker 1: Do you have one?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what does it say? Can you actually send us a picture of it?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 17: No, not right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well what is say? Basically? Does it say you're in court? Or send in the money?
Speaker 17: This is said sending the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, once again, you know, I'm not too up on Colorado springs, but I'm pretty sure in Colorado you have to serve someone in order to prove them guilty and make them show up to court. I mean, that's kind of the way it is. Man, Okay, all right, thank you sir. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. We have a couple lines open. I just can't believe that that last deal. I just can't believe it. Mike, what is your comment on the radar?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 11: I saw a news article on box thirty one, and I believe last month they changed the law on photo radar and photo red light tickets. It's State Bill twenty three DASH two hundred, which says that they will serve you by first class mail.
Speaker 8: Okay, they will not serve you in person.
Speaker 11: They will send it to the registered owner whose address is on file. If that's not the right address, tough.
Speaker 7: Doo doo, and I know, I know when it comes to crossing the double lines. You're absolutely correct. I've read all of that. What is that Senate bill? So when I take a break, I can look at.
Speaker 11: It twenty three two hundred and this affects photo red light tickets and photo radar tickets in every jurisdiction in Colorado.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a look at that.
Speaker 11: The fines just keep going up until they can turn you over to a collection agency for collection.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then what.
Speaker 11: Then you get to deal with the debt collectors?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, but we're still not We're still not getting back to the main thing. Okay.
Speaker 7: So then you're dealing with the debt collector. Okay, So you don't answer the phone when they call. They can't go out and just tackle your or credit report without it without getting a judgment at some point. So I mean, then what what what happens?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 6: Can you not register your car? I mean, where are the teeth?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not sure because this is just a news article. I got you, but I would think that at some point a judgment is built into this process.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to look up that SB twenty three dash two hundred and we'll talk about it after this. Hey, I appreciate that information, though, man, I really do, so thank you for that, and I'm going to look at that over the break. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey Wayne, real quick, what is your issue with insurance so I can think about it?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm with All State Insurance. I was trying to get a new quote. Okay, policy was up yep, and wanted to get a better rate, and they falsely reported me as an accident on my license that my wife had had.
Speaker 6: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 7: Hold on, let's get Brian Burns up for that, folks, because I think that has happened more than you know. We had a situation where I think it was my son got a ticket and it was showing up under me. I'm pretty sure that's how it was years ago, and I think Compass did help me get through it, so we should be able to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Hold tight.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right three three seven one three A two five five. I looked up that SB twenty three Dash two hundred. Man, there's a lot to it.
Speaker 7: I don't know if Morrison, for example, has done any of this, but before they basically got to create what they want to call a corridor, and a corridor means a place where you can actually not have to have what we would refer to as regular service.
Speaker 6: But it does change the law.
Speaker 7: This twenty three SB twenty three Dash two hundred did change the law under very specific times when a notice of violation for civil penalty, and that's what most of these red lighters, speeding cameras things are if the registered owner of the vehicle fails to request hearing. What's interesting is the municipality had to do quite a bit of different things in order to set up what I would refer to as these corridors. Again like post permanent signs in a conspicuous place not fewer than three hundred feet before the beginning of a corridor in a permanent sign fewer than three hundred feet after. They had to illustrate data collected within the last five years of accidents, crashes, speedings, reckless driving. In other words, they can't do this just everywhere, and municipalities have to do this to implement these corridors, they have to publish a report, so I highly doubt Morrison has done any of this.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up News need advice who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help me come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the only show of it'skind.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make.
Speaker 7: Your life a little bit better. I heard a story last hour that I missed on the show. Susanne and I were out of town and this person called in. We're trying to get the attorney on. But basically, this older gentleman went down to Phil Longford in Colorado Springs or Phil long Mercedes, something like that, We're gonna get all the details for you. And I still can't believe this. I really can't. And I just got to tell it, and I promise I'll get.
Speaker 1: To the phones.
Speaker 6: But I've never heard of anything so agregious. I really haven't.
Speaker 7: He goes down there, he trades in a Savannah Miniman or Sianna. Right what it is, Kevin, that's Kevin Caulkin, shared an Auto Tech trades in his Toyota minivan for Mercedes. He owed zero on the Sienna, no payments, paid off, fully owned. About a month later, he decides he can't afford the Mercedes or the payment on the Mercedes. And he goes back to the dealership and says, can I somehow want to do this deal? His wife died, he's a veteran, all that stuff, you name it, it's part of the story. So here's what the dealership apparently does. They take back the Mercedes, They give them his Sianna minivan back, and he owes thirty nine thousand on the vehicle that he had completely paid off. So really the only thing he did was drive the Mercedes from phill Long for a month and probably put no miles on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very few.
Speaker 6: They underdid the deal by charging him.
Speaker 7: I can't even like do the math in my head because I don't know what they charged him for the Mercedes.
Speaker 9: They just flipped the loan on the Mercedes back to his van and gave it to him.
Speaker 7: So the bottom line is he's back in the same van thirty days later he had paid off, but now he owes almost forty thousand dollars on it.
Speaker 9: Yes, forty thousand a loan.
Speaker 7: I can't even like, I just can't fathom anybody that has any moral compass whatsoever doing anything like it. Suzanne reached out to that attorney. I'm hoping they call I really am, because I I it's one of those stories that I have this BS detector, and I don't think it's BS. But I think maybe some of the facts are wrong, like the new loan isn't actually forty thousand.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's a lot less. You sure, hope, God, I just can't believe it would be this bad answer. So what we got. That's Rod Greer with JFR Cars. They sell cars, they source cars, they do if if you're looking to buy a car, you call them. You know, we always hear about used car dealers, and over the years, I think, actually most I think in general, the industry's gotten a little better. You know, it's not I remember the days where they'd be in a golf cart out front smoking a cigarette and literally high five and behind the window. I mean that was kind of the way it was, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a different world back then.
Speaker 6: Were you in the biz back then?
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm kind of young to the businessman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I remember these guys. I remember to go look for a car. If they didn't have a cigarette, they didn't work there. I mean that's kind of how that went. So I think it's gotten a little better. And I think because of Lemon laws, which are only new cars, of course, but because of the dealer boards and tightening up on stuff, I think it's gotten a little better. But to put an old guy or anybody, I'd like to know the guy's age too, do you guys know?
Speaker 6: I mean, was a guy like fifth late eighties, like eighties.
Speaker 9: Eighties?
Speaker 7: If they really, if Philong really put a guy together like that, and we can get the documentation, I just don't even know what to say. It's so bad, it's so so bad. So hopefully we can get that attorney on this hour. Next we got to we got our feelers out, or maybe they got when they were already on the radio, and they've decided to do something. I mean, I don't know, but I'm gonna go back to Wayne. Wayne had an issue with insurance. So here's basically what happened. Jeremy Corisio is with the Insurance Help Center or better known as Compass Insurance, and you can go to Compass insurance dot com. But there are experts on insurance. These guys have all the companies. They'll shop them for you. They'll get the best deal, but they know all the ins and outs, Jeremy, this one is very curious, and I think it happened to us years ago. But here's the bottom line, Wayne said, let me clarify. Hey, Wayne, you said there's an accident under you that should be your wife or vice versa.
Speaker 12: Exactly. So, she had an accident on ten thirty one, twenty two at six in the morning while I was in bed. No one hurt, stanged information, everyone drove off the person she hit and guy Co insurance. They called in the claim to my all State insurance. All State considered me the primary on the insurance and without anyone telling them that I was there, they just assumed.
Speaker 10: I was the driver.
Speaker 7: Okay, So, Jeremy, first of all, tell us what you know about a situation like this, Not necessarily how to undo it, which I'll ask you in a minute, but typically speaking, if someone hits me, we exchange information, I call up their insurance company, a claim gets going, they just do they automatically assume it's the person.
Speaker 6: On the policy or how does that work?
Speaker 10: No, Honestly, Mark, the majority this isn't horribly uncommon, and the majority of the time there's an error is just in how they file the claim with Lexus Nexus. So the accidents are going to come up on the clue to report. So we pulled two reports.
Speaker 12: That's what's happened.
Speaker 6: Okay, But going, Jeremy, I want people to understand how it went down.
Speaker 1: Keep going.
Speaker 10: So there's someone at every insurance company that they're just data entering in all the accidents for that week or that day or whatever. And it's as simple as them just putting the wrong driver. Okay, So when they report it to Lexus and Nexus, that's the who we're getting the clue report from. It's going to show you know, what vehicle it was, who the driver was, the date, you know, four or five bits of information, and it's just as simple as you know, garbage, garbage out. So if they report it wrong, we get it wrong. Now, it's an easy thing.
Speaker 6: Now, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: If this happened, it's not an easy thing.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, Wayne, Wayne, just hold on a second, Jeremy. If this happened to me, and let's say I showed up instead of Miles having an accident, and I called you guys because I bought my auto policy through you guys, would you guys, handle this and just get it fixed for me or what happens.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So if it's an error of just that being reported incorrectly, like I said before, you get a letter of experience, and it's going to show the real details of who actually was at you know, driving and.
Speaker 6: You know, now Wayne, have you the driver?
Speaker 1: Wayne?
Speaker 6: Have you gotten that letter of experience yet?
Speaker 12: Yellowie, I'll stay senate to me the other bit.
Speaker 7: Okay, so he'll fill that out, then he'll send it back to all State.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, No, No.
Speaker 10: Who did they have on the letter of experience? Who did they have listed on that as the driver?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm going to try to do this as concisely pos can because I know, go ahead. So here's here's what happened. So I started to shop new insurance. Uh she was. I gave them my license numbers. They said, oh, this shows that there's two accidents under your name. So I immediately call a ball scape asked them what the heck happened? Uh, they tell me that what had happened. When I finally got to spoke to a person and claimed that the wife got into the accident, they saw me as the primary and insurance lifted me as a driver. We know she called in later. You know she called in later and told the planes people she was the one drive right right.
Speaker 6: So we've already gone all through this though. So where are you at right now?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 12: So where I'm at is uh I called the ball state. They got to the planes for first of all, one of their claims guy said to me, it does it matter that they listed you? Yes, it does. Try to get a quote for a decent premium when you've been listed incorrectly on an accident.
Speaker 6: Jeremy, all that, Wayne, Wayne, Jeremy, what does he have to do to fix this?
Speaker 1: At this point? That's all that matters.
Speaker 10: A letter of experience shows his name. He has two options. He can call the claim call someone else and claims and just tell them that they need to fix that. And it was his wife that was in the accident. They should be able to corroborate that and change it. Then he get a new letter of experience that he's going to give to any of the new companies until it gets updated with Lexis.
Speaker 7: And let's say they don't do that, can he go directly and fight with Lexus A.
Speaker 10: Lexus and Nexus and they can fix it?
Speaker 1: So Wayne I'd call lexus Nexus.
Speaker 6: If if all.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, I've already done it.
Speaker 6: And they.
Speaker 12: So I can't use the LEE with any company. They don't accept it. They only accept the report from lexus Nex trou As of Wednesday, all state the claims people started the process to change the report. They said it would take twenty four to forty eight hours. I expect them to hit a button and that Lexus Nexus should show that immediately, considering that when the accident was reported, they hit that button and it went right on the report.
Speaker 6: Okay, so where are you going now?
Speaker 12: So lexus Nexus tells me it takes thirty days. Okay, that's what lexus Nexus tells.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so then it takes thy day.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 12: So the claims people have told me that they've reported to lexus Nexus what they needed to reports down a lexus Nexus. This morning, I uploaded the LOE onto a dispute that they say.
Speaker 1: Is in processed.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 12: And here's the thing I'm getting. I'm getting premiums from other people that I'm trying to shop. I can't shop Mike mine.
Speaker 1: Wayne.
Speaker 7: We first, Wayne, we get everything you're saying. I mean, if the it's going to take up to thirty days. I don't know what else to say, Jeremy, do.
Speaker 6: You know no way to make it quick?
Speaker 12: You back?
Speaker 1: I got to put them on hold.
Speaker 7: My god, Wayne, just Jeremy, give us some information if you have any more.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I mean the process could be frustrating.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 10: It's someone else's fall to end. Yeah, it's holding you up from switching insurance. I think you should be able to get quotes. I mean, I know I could do this. I can give you the quote, say hey, we're going to switch this to your wife's name because you're still getting charged for the accident.
Speaker 6: Well, I assume they're still married. I don't know, but yeah, I would assume.
Speaker 10: So if that's the case, I'm going to switch it over. If it's not the case, I'm going to take it off. Say hey, here's the rate.
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on still, Wayne, let me ask you this man, why don't you call up Jeremy when we get.
Speaker 6: Off this call.
Speaker 7: He's going to give you quotes from twenty different companies and basically make it to where he's giving you a proper quote where you're not the one that was in the accident.
Speaker 14: He's not allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, I just want to hang myself now.
Speaker 7: Can someone please set a news so I can walk out and just hang myself because I don't know how to talk to him anymore. I mean, if that's it, if I go back to him, he's going to tell me what color shoes he's got.
Speaker 6: So I'm pretty much done.
Speaker 7: Three oh three seven one three A two five five, Jeremy, I hope he calls you up. I mean, is it illegal? I'll go ahead, I'll take the bait. I'll take the bait. Is it illegal for you to shop it as if he didn't do the accident?
Speaker 10: No, I can't issue it without that proof. You know, the letter Vick Jr. Answer of the report.
Speaker 7: But you can tell him what the pricing's going to be from multiple different companies, of course.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't waane, I promise. I'm not like trying to give you that hard of the time. But you're one of these guys, and I'll tell you something. Here's what's happening right here. You got screwed.
Speaker 7: You didn't do anything, and information was wrong that has negatively impacted you. That's true. It's one hundred percent true. We've all been there. But it's getting fixed. It's not getting fixed as quick as you want it to get fixed. But any workaround offered to you is still unfair to you. There's never going to be anything good until it's fixed. Now, if it gets really bad and it takes so long to get fixed, like it affects you to where you literally have damages, you can seek counsel and sue them.
Speaker 6: You could do that if you want.
Speaker 7: Most people would never go that far, Nor do I know what your damages would be. Maybe your damages are you can't get covered, or maybe your damages are that your insurance costs you an extra eighty dollars for a period of time because of that accident, and you could sue them for the eighty dollars that would be your damages. But beyond that, I'm not going to change Lexus and Nexus. Jeremy's not going to change it. You just got to kind of deal with the situation you're in. I get it's not fair. There is not one person in this room or listening to the radio who hasn't been in a bad situation like that. How many people have had their credit tampered with?
Speaker 6: How many people have had a credit card opened up from some scumbag that lives over in the middle of no man's land. How many people, lots and lots of people.
Speaker 7: How longs it take to get fixed when your identity is stolen? My got it could take it could take one hundred thousand dollars in a ton of time.
Speaker 1: And you didn't do anything wrong. But you're in a Jeremy.
Speaker 6: There's nothing else he's going to do at this point, right, I know, I.
Speaker 10: Think he's doing everything right. And like you said, it just it is a process that takes some time. That you got to remember. From the other perspective too, the insurance companies, they see a lot of fraud.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's not.
Speaker 10: Just something you could call up and say, oh, this wasn't mine, and they're going to say, okay, you know there's a process for this.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 7: As a side note on this, Jeremy, is there any relevance if it's under him or her? And I'm being serious now, if if let's say she had one accident, now she has two compared to she had one and now they both have one, or I mean, is there.
Speaker 6: A way this could benefit him?
Speaker 10: No, if let's say she had two showing up, but it should be one in one that would probably hurt them more because they're going to charge a lot more for that second accident got in the first one, and so it does matter. But it's just I think this is it's something that does happen. It's unfortunate it happens, but there is a process to getting it fixed because they got to make sure what they're fixing is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeap.
Speaker 10: Otherwise nobody would ever have a ticket or accident on their record. And yeah, you know, I mean they want to be accurate, and I do get it's frustrated.
Speaker 7: And you know what, I wish he used you guys, and I'll tell you why, because you would have handled it.
Speaker 6: I mean you would have done everything.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're not going to make Lexus and Nexus the report show up any quicker if he's already done all that, but you might have got on it way quicker than whoever this bum is he has at all state. So that's kind of the deal. I hope the guy, I hope he's listening. I'm sure he's pissed. I can already see the hate mail coming. But the bottom line is, there's nothing that's going to happen here and for people out there, I want to tell you about Compass Insurance. I have personally used them for so many years now I can't even count. They shop for me every year. If you have a kid that just turned sixteen, and you have all State or State Farm or Progressive, they might be able to find a much better policy because now you have a young driver. If you have a business like Kevin Calkin, share it an auto tech and you need workmen's comp you need garage keepers in the case of a shop, you need anything like that, you call Compass Insurance. They'll give you a quote and guess what if they can't beat the other one or don't think it's worth your while to change, they'll tell you they're honest, good people. Compassinsurance dot com, Compass Insurance dot com.
Speaker 6: Dragon I know I'm over. I'm going to take a break.
Speaker 7: I promise I'm going to get back on schedule here because I had to talk to the one guy and say the same thing forty seven times.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until your content.
Speaker 3: Of it.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check, up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi three oh three seven one three eighty five to five. Hey, Kelly, I heard Wayne called back. Fill me in, give me this scoop.
Speaker 19: Well, he's not very happy with you.
Speaker 1: You know, I would like or the show I know.
Speaker 19: Or his life or his life or anything be done for him.
Speaker 1: And he just called back and Dragon talked to him.
Speaker 6: Oh Dragon, what did he have say to you?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 1: Is he on with him right now?
Speaker 10: He is?
Speaker 19: He's probably getting yelled at like I was.
Speaker 6: Well, check in, So Wayne, I don't know how I'll say it. I get it. You were screwed. You feel bad about it, I mean, Kevin, But the.
Speaker 1: But the funniest thing, Yes, yes, ma'am. So he was yelling at me.
Speaker 19: Yes, So I said, please, you don't need to yell at me, And he said, I'm not yelling. I'm speaking emphatically.
Speaker 6: Wow, wow, you know what you should let me.
Speaker 7: Let me take another call and we'll put him back up. Make sure he knows he can't cuss. But I would like to know where I went wrong and why he is so upset because I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Maybe, just maybe I will learn something from this experience and become a better talk show host. Maybe maybe that will happen.
Speaker 7: So let's get let's get him cued back up, let's actually solve some problems, answer some questions. I'm gonna let everybody know. We got one line up. But let's let's get Wayne back up. But he must know there's certain words he can't say. That's part of being a big boy. So Wayne, you all tight and you can explain why I was wrong about anything I said, and you can tell me about your feelings and stuff. Ashley, what's going on with you? Hello, Ashley, Ashley, can you do me a favor? Absolutely, I'm going to put you on hold and go to Amy because she has been holding longer. I accidentally went to you, but I promise you I'll come to you next.
Speaker 6: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: That's quite all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Ashley?
Speaker 7: Hold on now, Amy, I appreciate you holding so long. What is going on with these trees?
Speaker 16: Yes, I am afraid to talk on the radio, but I will do so anyway because I feel like this is wrong and I feel like other people will be wrong as well. Observed a service on the Guild and County website called Action Snacks.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, hold on, Amy, we got to have somewhat of a back and forth. But what was it called on the Guilpen website.
Speaker 21: I'm going to.
Speaker 16: Pick you off speaker phone. Is that better, sir?
Speaker 1: That's better.
Speaker 6: What was the name of the company, Action Snacks, Acts and Snacks.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 16: And what they do or what they advertise at the food bank where I volunteer, got it and other places, is they say we will come and cut down your trees that are threatening your buildings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's what Here's what I see from their Facebook page. We are a fire mitigation nonprofit that is in helping those in Gilpen County and surrounding mountain areas perform fire Mitigation's that's what they say, So go ahead, yes, And.
Speaker 16: What they say is if we come to perform this service for you, you just need to feed our people. Well, I called them, and I said, look, ninety percent of the electricity in my house doesn't work. I don't have a stove, oven, my refrigerator doesn't work. How much would you charge me to just come and take down ten trees?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 16: Well, they said, we'll come see you, and so a gentleman came and he looked around, and after repeatedly saying he doesn't know anything about it, but oh, he kept shaking his head, saying you're going to need a lift, which means a very expensive piece of equipment that belongs to a company that will charge me. And he kept saying that and kept saying it, and I said, okay, what about these other trees? He said, well sure, yeah, uh And so he said, I'll have to bring my expert back. So he brought his expert back, and his expert did the same thing, and he kept shaking his head and being negative about it, and I said, sir, excuse me. You said you're not the expert. Would you please stop being negative about this?
Speaker 7: Well, well, I mean, hold on, First of all, I'd like to say this. You're being very concise, which I appreciate. So they're both back at your place now. The experts sayer and the original guy is that correct, yes, sir? So what ultimately did the experts say or where did it go next?
Speaker 16: The first man was the one doing most of the speaking.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 16: He said, look, we will take down these ten small trees. These two big trees we can't handle. Okay, we're not staffed, we need we don't have the equipment.
Speaker 6: I understand that. Okay, so that's good though, yes it is.
Speaker 16: And then he said what we will do for you is we will cut these two trees that have already fallen and leave you the firewood, and we're going to take the firewood for these other ten trees.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 16: And that didn't sound fair to me, And I've realized it's a free service.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Amy, you sound like a very nice person.
Speaker 6: I is that why you're calling?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 1: You want the firewood?
Speaker 16: I do? And I said, look, I'll give up. I'll give up eighty percent of it. Can't you leave me some? And then they said, okay, well call us in the middle of winter if you need some. And I have found that when I call anybody in the middle of winter.
Speaker 6: Hey, Amy, let me ask you.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you some background questions real quick. I understand you're in Gilpin County. Are you right near like central City or you how far are you away from Central City?
Speaker 1: Very close? Okay, I figured so.
Speaker 7: Now, second question, you said you only had like ten percent or something strange about electricity.
Speaker 1: What did that mean?
Speaker 7: How can you only have a percentage of electricity?
Speaker 6: Does that make sense? Or did I mishear you?
Speaker 16: No, sir, I bought a dilapidated house, okay, and most of the plumbing and most of the electricity went out shortly after I moved in. But I only use that to say, look, you guys, this is.
Speaker 6: Why I can't I understand.
Speaker 7: And that goes directly into why you would feel a lot more comfortable with the firewood. Right, Yeah, of course, all right, hold on, I gotta take it, Amy, I get it. Listen, I gotta take a break. I'm gonna do a few things behind the scenes while we're on break, too, So hold on. I promise I'll come back to you after this, hopefully we can get this figured out. In fact, I do have one more question, real quick, Amy, I assume you live alone, an assumption, okay, hold on, all right, folks, three oh three seven, one, three eight two five to five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, official nutcase of the day is on.
Speaker 1: Hold?
Speaker 7: Are Wayne is called back? So what exactly? I offered for him to come on the air and explain where I went wrong? But apparently he doesn't want to come on the air now, and that's his prerogative. So what are you guys hearing in there from Wayne?
Speaker 22: He says he wanted to talk, so I let him talk, and he cannot talk without swearing, so I'm not gonna put him on air, So I just put.
Speaker 7: Him down and then eventually we hang up on him, right or he hangs up?
Speaker 19: He hangs up. Now he wants to talk to the person in charge, so he can get all of us fired.
Speaker 22: Okay, to hear something about he's getting Bob Pittman's contact personal contact, and yeah.
Speaker 6: And tell him just you know, google it, and then we'll just tell him to call up Tepper, give him Tepper's information. I mean, I'll give him that one.
Speaker 9: Upper like Tepper.
Speaker 7: How about wait a minute, let me hold on, let me pull up hold on. I know the complaint line, hold on eight hundred. I'm and asked, Okay, give them, give them, give them that one three oh three seven one three eight two, five to five.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 7: How come I get the nuts? I'd like to hear from someone that heard that call with Wayne. I understand I might have been a little abrupt. Kevin, you've been listening to the show forever.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, but he just kept restarting the story from the beginning. I pick up from where he left off. I get his injustice.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 7: Let me ask someone that I have just met today, Bob Perry. This a leasing expert, and in fact, any questions you have on leasing, you heard the entire exchange on air.
Speaker 6: I did, And what did you think of it? Do you think I was too rough?
Speaker 1: On him or what.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what I did at this point.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 15: I think he just kept wanting to repeat the.
Speaker 6: Story eighteen times or more.
Speaker 1: Fun Fact.
Speaker 6: Fun Fact called me a piece of.
Speaker 7: S Yeah, that's the good one, Wayne. Yeah, you're you're a real classy guy. Man, you're calling a woman. Yeah, what can I say? He's just a jerk.
Speaker 6: Let's go ahead, just go take care of him. Go talk to the guy, Go talk to him real nicely.
Speaker 11: Try.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I wouldn't give him three seconds if he.
Speaker 6: Said Suzanne, Suzanne's pretty good at this stuff. I know she's tough, but is he that bad?
Speaker 1: He is certifiable?
Speaker 6: Maybe we should call the cops on him.
Speaker 22: Man, the phone's down on the side of the room and I can still hear yelling coming from it.
Speaker 7: Hold on, I got to get back with Ashley. I I can't give any more credence to this. Uh dude, Ay, So here's the deal. I'm sorry, Amy, listen, I thought about this during the break. Suzanne has reached out to these folks up in Gilpin County, acts and snacks.
Speaker 6: You did you call him or I.
Speaker 1: Need her information to call? I don't have anything yet.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, So hold on, Amy. What we're going to do is Suzanne's going to go in there, get your information.
Speaker 7: We're going to reach out. I'm going to try to get them to get rid of the trees, mitigate the property, and then leave the firewood for you.
Speaker 6: That's my goal.
Speaker 16: Okay, yes, sir, can I make an addition.
Speaker 3: To my claim?
Speaker 6: You sure can?
Speaker 16: Yeah, go ahead, And I'm not going to just go on bitching and bitching. But there's a woman that I volunteer with at the food bank who also had an adverse situation with them. She said, Hey, I have a property full of down trees. You can just come and take Oh, no matter what. And they said, you know what, you're aspen trees burned too hot. We're not going to take them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let me.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 7: I really want to take this call as a learning experience, not just for you, but for everybody listening and possibly myself. So it's kind of funny. No hold on, no, no, Amy, Amy, hold on, I already told you my goal. My goal is to get them to leave you the firewood. After they come out to your house and chop down your trees for free and leave you the firewood. That's what I'm trying to do. Okay, thank you, You're welcome. Now I do have a question for you, though, I want you to kind of look at this from a different way.
Speaker 6: Let's look at it.
Speaker 7: I walk into your food bank and all you have is a can of raviolis that doesn't have the little chopped up delicious.
Speaker 1: Hot dogs in it.
Speaker 7: So I start throwing a fit that you should not only have the regular ravoli, but the other kind of ravioli with the little delicious hot dogs chopped up in it. Now, that wouldn't be that cool, right.
Speaker 3: We heard that, yes, sir, Okay, So.
Speaker 7: These folks do a nice service for people, just like you do. You're not going to get it's a great service and it doesn't cost you a penny. So what I'm saying is I understand your circumstance because the condition of your house, you live alone. I get all that, and I'm going to try to get them to help you out. But what I want you to remember in the back of your head when you're dealing with them, are the people that are a little hard on you when you're volunteering.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, go ahead, Kevin.
Speaker 9: I think they're offsetting that their costs and everything on the firewood is why they're taking.
Speaker 7: It to Oh you think when they sell the fire you think they sell the firewood.
Speaker 9: I believe.
Speaker 6: So that's very interesting that because.
Speaker 9: That's why they didn't want to take the aspen, because it's of no value to.
Speaker 1: Them because you can't burn it.
Speaker 9: You can't, but it's worthless to burn.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that it.
Speaker 9: Burst too hot. Yeah, so they're probably doing it as a service. But in return, they're selling the firewood to cover their cost.
Speaker 6: I wonder, okay, because there's cost, and of course there is amy.
Speaker 7: What happens if that's the case, and I bet Kevin's right on that they sell that firewood to fund the entire project. Does that give you a different outlook on it?
Speaker 16: I expect that that is probably the case. I just don't appreciate that they never got back to me. And I was respectful to them when I said, this does not sound fair to me, it does not sound balanced. Could you please explain? And I said, I would even compensate with you. You could, just if you would down the trees that you can and only take some of them and leave the rest down. They're, oh, we don't do things that way, and.
Speaker 6: I said, listen, we're gonna we're going to get to the bottom of it. I'm not going to go down that that rabbit hole.
Speaker 7: Now, we're going to try to get to the bottom of it and try to get you some firewood and get the mitigation. We've got to talk to the company. Suzanne's got her feelers out through different ways, and she's going to give them a call over the break, So make sure we have Amy's information. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped of.
Speaker 21: News.
Speaker 2: Need that so you don't have run acious as a can. Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshoe show No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome to the show. The only show off is kind.
Speaker 7: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life a little bit better. If you've been ripped off or taking advantage of, I do want to hear from you. I do want to ask some of our experts today in the auto business what's going on. But I promised, I truly promised one caller we'll get right back to her.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to do that.
Speaker 7: But first I want to tell you about Paul the water Man. Paul's a great guy.
Speaker 6: If you want the best water system out there at the best price, go to waterpros dot net.
Speaker 7: Susan I got our system from him probably about five or six months ago. He saved us at least three thousand dollars off the water softener, and it's absolutely a great, low maintenance system. We love it and it's changed a lot of stuff. Our closer cleaner. In fact, Suzanne can't stop talking about how great it is for her hair. But if you want that soft water, it's absolutely the best system at the best price. Waterpros dot net now three zero three seven, one, three eight two five five. We have one line open, and as promised, I'm going to get right back to Ashley. She's got a problem with Stevenson. What's going on, Ashley?
Speaker 3: Well, hi, Tom, thank you so much for taking my call. I'm a longtime fan of yours and like Peter Boyles, and the last thing in the world I'd think of was calling you. Never thought the stay would ever happened.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened?
Speaker 6: Ashley?
Speaker 3: So I my car broke down several months ago. The tire fell off. I'm accelerating on the highway.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I've been dealing with I'm very loyal to take what I deal with.
Speaker 6: And hey, Ashley, let me ask you something.
Speaker 1: You said.
Speaker 6: Your tire fell off.
Speaker 7: I mean that is very abnormal. Did you have it worked on prior to that?
Speaker 6: Did a bolt snap? Why would a tire just fall off?
Speaker 3: Costco had balanced it, rotated and balance in the car.
Speaker 7: Okay, so they most likely didn't put the tire back on properly. How how long after you left Costco did that happen?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, several months. I think several months. That isn't the issue, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 13: Sorry, keep going.
Speaker 3: And at the second time that's happened from Costco for me, actually third time. But anyway to make the reason why, So, I'm loyalty Stevenson's Toyota. I've been dealing with him for years and you know they have my loyalty. So I have my vehicle towed to them and for repairs, and they contact me and let me know how much it would cost. My goodness, I might be better off buying a new car.
Speaker 21: So what happened?
Speaker 3: So I so I thought, you know what, let's hold on repairs and let me see if I can get it.
Speaker 6: How much were the repairs going to be?
Speaker 3: Ashley, Well, the initial repairs two thousand and six career axle and okay, the breakdrum, I guess, okay. And so I was working with their leasing lease Purchase department and also the Colorado Buyback program to for their benefits. I could make this deal happen, and after a tear attempts for the state, it fell through.
Speaker 7: Hey, let me ask, Let me ask my guys something real quick. My car dealer jfr or Bob Perry. What is this buyback? She's talking about.
Speaker 18: The state and federal government gives back on a new car seventy five to seven thousand dollars, and the federal also gives the same thing.
Speaker 6: Only for what though only for an electric car or a.
Speaker 18: Plug in electric or a hybrid, not a hybrid has to be a plug in, a plug in plug in.
Speaker 6: Okay, So Ashley, you went through this with Stevenson.
Speaker 3: Keep going well, yeah, okay, So the state united the second time. So I contacted Steveson's dock and said, okay, let's proceed with the repairs. They contacted me back and said they want a thousand dollars deposit.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Ashley, that's hold on.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry I have to interrupt you because I am curious as hell. Why could the state deny her or anybody else that refund if it is a plug in hybrid or all electric, what would be a reason, like she already bought one for example.
Speaker 9: No, it probably has to do with income.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is that the deal, Ashley? You make too much money?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to understand that. Continue on.
Speaker 7: So you told Stevenson I'm not going to buy the new car because I don't qualify for the rebate. I want you to fix my old car, and it was roughly going to cost you a little over two grand for.
Speaker 3: The initial repair. There's a lot more going on, got it.
Speaker 6: So then they wanted one thousand dollars down the.
Speaker 3: Deposit to start my Oh. I thought, this is a mistake. It has to be a mistake because I've never had to do that in my entire life.
Speaker 7: I find it insane and I'd never do it, and I think the fact that Stevenson Toyota did it, I would never use them if they if they truly wanted money down before they did repairs on your car, I would have never ever have done it. And I don't understand for the life of me why they'd ask for it.
Speaker 1: But what happened.
Speaker 3: So I appealed little is this a mistake? And I was notified that it's not a mistake. They won a thousand dollars down, it's further service manager. So I tried to reach out to Peter greg or can't you know previous owner? I didn't know their previous owners of Jess's Toyota and found out that the dealership is not a longerf i'mly owned, got it, so I'm at a loss I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: Well, what did your car? Is still over there?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 6: Well, I sure as hell wouldn't have them do anything to it. Why would you?
Speaker 3: Oh? I, well, that's fine. I will never.
Speaker 7: Okay, first of all, and I'd be in dead serious Ashley. I would never ever pay a shop one thousand dollars up front for repair work. I just wouldn't do it. I don't suggest anybody doesn't.
Speaker 1: I see a.
Speaker 9: Shop that has history of her business even on top of.
Speaker 7: The whole thing sounds as shady as it. Can't what I would do? And where is Stevenson Toyota in Golden I'd have a tote over to Sheridan. I bet you and Kevin, I'm going to put you on the spot. She's got a twenty five hundred dollars estimate. I would assume you can do it, and she would still save money even after the toe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, we could.
Speaker 7: I mean, Ashley, there is no reason to go there. You're going to save more money us than Kevin. He's got a nationwide warranty. Not listen to this. Not only are you gonna have a three year and this is better than Stevenson by far in most dealerships. You're gonna have a three year, thirty six thousand mile nation wide warranty with Kevin. I guarantee that dealership doesn't have that, And he's gonna save you money, and he's going to do the job right, and he's not gonna charge you any money up front.
Speaker 21: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, I've never taken my car outside of a dealership in my whole life.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sorry, out.
Speaker 3: Of loyalty, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, loyalty. Where's their loyalty?
Speaker 7: They're telling you to pony up one thousand bucks up front they've got Okay, I'm glad you have loyalty, but they have no loyalty towards you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that really sucks.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just can't understand for the life of me.
Speaker 7: You know what I'd like to do? Hold on, hold on. I want you to stay on. I already told you what I do. Kevin's gonna save you money, going to do a better job, give you a better warranty. I don't even I mean to me, that's like, bam, bam bam. There's nothing else to say. But I would like Kelly, let's reach out to Stevenson and I would love them just to come on the air and explain why they want a thousand dollars up front. I would like to know if that's a true statement. And I do believe Janet, by the way, but I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth. Yes, we now charge people up front before we do a repair. Because I don't even have any understanding of that. I just don't get it. I mean, I just purely don't understand it. Hopefully you can get a comment from someone in the service or somewhere.
Speaker 6: Tell them, I just really want to know if that's true.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's their business, they can do whatever they want, but it's asinine in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Three three seven, one three eight two five five. Man, we've got a lot of cooking right now. So this one with Stevenson Toyota, which is no longer Stevenson family. Ashley was told she had to put one thousand dollars down in order to fix her car. We were talking during the break and I mentioned and Rod Greer agreed with me. I bet what happened is when the sale wasn't going to go through on the new hybrid, and the reason it wasn't going to go through on the plug in hybrid she was going to buy from him is because she made too much money to qualify for the tax credit. So she decided, you know what, I'm going to go ahead and just fix my car. I think they had to stick up their butt at that point, and this is my opinion, and decided, oh okay, well, if she wasn't going to buy the car, you know, maybe she's not going to pay us, so we want a thousand dollars down for the repairs or something. But no matter what, Ashley, I still would not work with them. Kelly, did you reach out to them? I think she's on the phone right now. Kelly might be talking to him, Ashley, so let me put you on hold. I want to see what they have to say about charging you up front and why.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, and I.
Speaker 3: Have text messages to prove everything.
Speaker 6: Oh I believe you one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: I just I'm baffled why any dealership would start charging service customers money up front.
Speaker 6: Kevin Coukin shared an Auto Tech any idea.
Speaker 9: No, I think it's one in thirty years that I've ever done that. But a repeat customer, that's That's not only that they.
Speaker 6: Know because they were trying to sell her the hybrid, but even without that, they can they know her income's high enough to not even qualify to get the rebate.
Speaker 9: You know, you should welcome me repeat customers, not chase them.
Speaker 7: It's remarkable. I've never heard of a dealership doing it. I don't care who it is. I mean, even bad dealerships we hear from they'll screw you after the fact, but they don't screw you up front.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm probably gonna take your advice, and.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, Ashley, I can't say it more.
Speaker 7: I'd bring it over to Sheridan quite frankly, I'd call him up he's going to take care of you, he's going to save you money. And the way these people are treating you, I wouldn't it wouldn't be beyond them, in my opinion, to be telling you stuff you need and don't even need. At this point, I don't know what to believe from them. I, honest to God, don't know what to believe from Stevenson Toyota based upon this conversation. So let me give you hold on. I'm going to have Kelly give you that number. But we're still trying to get a hold of Stevenson. In fact, ads we're talking right now. So hank tight and we'll go back to that. Janet's got a question on in a state. Go ahead, Janet, Janet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hear you. Go ahead. I'll give you a few seconds here here. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh my husband went and passed away on me.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sorry to hear that. When did it happen, Janet?
Speaker 13: About him a month ago?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. How many years were you married?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Of ken? Okay, that's that's horrible.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, I'm appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: State?
Speaker 1: What kind of issue are you.
Speaker 13: Having he's got a daughter from a previous marriage, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I and so I'm wondering what she's going.
Speaker 1: To be able to what suck for me?
Speaker 6: Sorry, let me ask you a couple of questions. I see what you're saying. You're saying, what is she entitled to? Is that really the question? Did he have any kind of a trust or a will? Nope, so he had nothing. That's interesting. I'm already gonna que Kelly to get Brad O'Brien up. But let's talk about the primary residence, the house. Did you guys own property together?
Speaker 23: Well, recently, about eight years ago, my mother had passed away.
Speaker 13: And willed the house to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, and so not half of it.
Speaker 17: Is because you know, I guess we were married, right.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but generally you would. Were you both on deed?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't think there's going to be any issue with the daughter in the house whatsoever. I believe the house and we're going to give Brad O'Brien on But the house basically just goes to you in its entirety. So what necessarily are you worried about? Like did he have bank accounts?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: So what what.
Speaker 7: Are you worried about that. Yeah, well there's going to be no problem if you were on deed and he was on deed. Now, the only time that would be different if you were tenants in common cheese. I always get these two mixed up, but I can't imagine the deed was written that way. I do want to get Brad O'Brien. Every single time, I'll tell you who screwed me.
Speaker 1: On this was Tom.
Speaker 7: Tom always gets this wrong, and he has created in my brain to always get this wrong. There's tenants in common, then there's joint tenancy, and I forget which is which, but I know the differences. So one of the means, let's say you and I Janet own a house together. I own fifty percent of it, and that's it. I own fifty percent and that's all I own is fifty percent. You own the other fifty percent. I can do whatever with my fifty percent.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 7: It's my own thing and it's your own thing. The other one is we both own it together, and if one of us dies, the other one gets it in the entirety. And that is the way ninety nine percent of these things that aren't investment properties are written.
Speaker 6: So I would assume it's that way.
Speaker 1: I do want to get Brad O'Brien on.
Speaker 7: But do you know if i'm the deed, it's it's tenants or is it a joint tenancy?
Speaker 6: Do you know what the deed says.
Speaker 3: It's not a joint tenancy. It's the both of us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's it. There's nothing to worry about. The daughter can't do anything when it comes to that house at all.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's all we own.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you know you're it's kind of funny, do you is it the is it the loss?
Speaker 6: Is this how you react to loss?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 12: Not, well, I guess so, yeah, No, I don't.
Speaker 7: Mean that in a negative way whatsoever. It's just interesting. Everybody deals with things in different ways. I'll give you an example. I just saw my uncle in Arizona. He's basically on his deathbed. Suzanna and I flew out to see him, and I saw two of my cousins.
Speaker 1: One is name Amy, one is Stephen.
Speaker 7: The way Steven reacts in the room with his father is one hundred percent different than how Amy acts in the room. But they both love the father, and it's a very sad thing to see. But one reacts completely differently, and I'm just I guess really, all I was asking you is are you okay? Maybe that was a better way to put it.
Speaker 3: Not even close? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do you need help any other fashion going through this besides the house? Are you going to end up possibly selling the house and downsizing.
Speaker 6: Or what are your what are your plans?
Speaker 17: That's what I'm scared of is losing the house because of all the other stuff, you know, like what he owes on credit cards and they're.
Speaker 16: All just enhanced name, but he owes a lot of money off the credit cards.
Speaker 6: Janet, you don't have to pay any of that. If they're just in his name, you don't have to pay any of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and then there is a wait.
Speaker 6: Wait, you're not but hold on, Janet, you're not trying to pay his credit card bills?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 7: No, you can say, hell, okay, what besides the credit cards? Because I want you to feel a little more relaxed about it. You don't have to deal with that.
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 3: I don't know what was there is?
Speaker 16: I don't think there really is anything else.
Speaker 1: I was just really, I.
Speaker 13: Haven't I'll probably lose my car because it's only halfway paper.
Speaker 1: I have a car that he bought.
Speaker 23: Okay for me, whose name is on it, and then I still have to make the payments on it.
Speaker 11: But right now I'm incomeless.
Speaker 1: Do you have two cars, Janet?
Speaker 16: Notice one?
Speaker 1: Just one?
Speaker 6: Well, you don't want to lose the one car. What kind of car is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: It's a Mustang like two thousand eight okay?
Speaker 6: But it runs okay, I mean, there's no issues with it.
Speaker 16: No, I even had I'm sure it's an auto tech.
Speaker 12: Check it out before about it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 6: How much equity is in that house?
Speaker 21: A lot?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, give me an idea.
Speaker 16: I don't know, maybe like four hundred thousand, okay.
Speaker 7: So I don't want you to freak out. You've got almost a half a million dollars to work with. You just got to figure out the best way to work with it. I sure wouldn't lose the car. One of the things you might think about is how to tap into some of that equity, for example, pay off the car. You might think of a reverse mortgage if the house is in good shape. Generally speaking, you would need a little bit of income for that, but that could be one thing to look at and then you could actually get some income every month from that reverse mortgage, or get a full line of credit to do with ever with.
Speaker 6: But there's different things you can do.
Speaker 7: So what I would like you to do is remember this conversation and when you do have questions, give us a call back, because I can tell you're distressed and I don't want you making bad mistakes. So honestly, you've got friends here and you should call us up if you have questions. We have experts in every field you can imagine that can help you.
Speaker 10: Oh that's so great.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on a second, Hey, Kelly, make sure she has my contact info or at least my email, just in case she ever has a question. Give her my direct line, and of course you can always call three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Where we going? Bennett?
Speaker 7: Bennett, Bennett, Bennett, Bennett, Bennett, Bennett, Bennett. Haven't talked to you for a while.
Speaker 1: Bennett. How are you doing? Man?
Speaker 21: Hey, Mark, you're the man.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 21: The reason I'm calling. I need to talk to Kevin, and I'm sure that he cannot answer this. We have a two thousand and nine Volkswagen five cylinder. It just turned fifty thousand miles and I don't drive it, but my wife is telling me that when she first starts out from a stop light, it kind of hesitates and then everything is good to go. Does that make any sense to you?
Speaker 9: Probably from not driving it a lot. You could have carbon deposits, you could have clot fuel filter fulfilter's some months, but like a master flow gets a little dirty, dusty.
Speaker 1: You know, how do you troubleshoot something like that? Ken?
Speaker 9: You start with codes, and then you look for symptoms, whether it's too lean, too rich, and you just kind of narrow it down from there.
Speaker 21: Kevin, the only thing I was kind of worried about. Do you think again, do you think it could be like a transmission problem, a timing belt problem or something.
Speaker 9: Tell me about doesn't come and go, you're gonna have constant problems. I mean, either working or not. Yeah, it's either there or not. But I would I would go small first. That wouldn't go big, you know, transmission anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Speaker 6: Bennet, sounds like it just needs some TLC get it up to Kevin, just not getting driven enough.
Speaker 21: Well, let me ask you this, my friend. Do you have anyone that can pick up the vehicle or do we have to deliver it to you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I don't have a staff that you know, the pick up and deliver.
Speaker 6: You know what a lot of people do now, Bennett, I mean you guys have to come up here and we can get to an uber back home. Yeah, yes, exactly what I say. You drive it up there and then they'll get you an uber back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I had to do that.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 21: You know if Kevin, if you have a car for a week or two weeks, I could care less.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 9: I'll never tell them mechanic that we'll take all two weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't don't do that. Tell him you can have it. Tell them you'll drop it off at seven am and you'll be back at eight exactly.
Speaker 9: I need it back in two days.
Speaker 6: Bennett, I would do that. Just get it up to him. He'll get you an uber.
Speaker 9: H I'll get you home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for free.
Speaker 21: You know what, my friend. I love you guys dearly, and I'm gonna definitely take it out to you.
Speaker 6: Kevin us too, And Bennett, I gotta say something I haven't talked to you as Suzanne and I have been traveling.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 7: I hope you're doing good, sir, I really do. We got to get together again. We so enjoyed dinner with you and your wife, and we were going to do it again. Then that damn nasty thing called COVID started coming around and we haven't caught back up.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to make sure Suzanne reaches out. We're going to get it done, okay.
Speaker 21: Kevin, Love you guys, dearly. You are the best, so you've Bennett.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 5: Five go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Heydad eight Heating dot com.
Speaker 6: Garrett and Thegang I love these guys.
Speaker 1: You know what they do.
Speaker 7: They actually give you an option if that furnace or ac breaks, or if you got a problem and you call them out. Let's say your unit's fifteen years old, they're gonna tell you, hey, man, it's just much to fix it. Maybe it's one thousand bucks, maybe it's four hundred.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 7: They're gonna tell you what's wrong and how much to fix it. They're not one of these companies that's going to try to shove a brand new, twenty thousand dollars system down. They're good, honest fare and they'll always give you, the customer, the choice of what you want to do. Check them out at eight eight eight heating dot com eight eight eight heating dot Com. Now I have got to bring up rain A Bias. She's an attorney, she works for the.
Speaker 6: Bias law firm, and I'm just going to bring her up and start kind of from scratch. Everybody else, hang tight, Janet Ashley greg Bianca, I heard about this story.
Speaker 1: Today, Rena today.
Speaker 7: I know you were on the air with us probably a couple weeks ago over somebody in Colorado Springs, but I was out of town for our thirty first anniversary with my wife. I it's car day today, and some of the car people in studio with me told me a tale that I find hard to believe. So let me tell you what I heard, and then I want to ask you if you agree. The story was put together. An older gentleman had a Toyota Sianna. His wife passed away. He's a vet, and there's other things that are somewhat involved in the story, but not a lot. He's an older guy and he's a vet, had a Toyota Sianna one hundred per cent paid off.
Speaker 6: His wife died.
Speaker 7: Sometime later, he decides he just wants to go to California and he wants to trade in the Sienna and get a Mercedes. He goes down to phill Long, he trades in, and he gets a Mercedes. A month goes by or whatever amount of time, and he gets the first voucher to pay the first payment on the Mercedes. Because even after the trade in, of course it created alone.
Speaker 6: So he can't afford it.
Speaker 7: He goes back to phil Long says, look, I can't afford to pay this. I just simply can't afford it. Can I have my old vehicle back? Eventually he gets his old vehicle back, the one that was fully paid off, but now that same vehicle, not a like one, but that same Toyota Siana he has back. He no longer has a Mercedes, and he now owes thirty nine thousand dollars on his original vehicle. Is is that correct?
Speaker 17: For the most part, that is correct?
Speaker 10: I mean it's pretty egregious, so agreedious in.
Speaker 6: My in my egregious in my opinion.
Speaker 7: They ripped his face off, literally ripped it off.
Speaker 1: But what part isn't correct?
Speaker 23: To owe the money? So he paid nine thousand dollars in total cash for the down payment on the Mercedes, and also when he went back to try to get his old vehicle back, they made him put another five thousand dollars down, So in total he's given them about nine thousand dollars in cash, and then he owed at the end of the loan for the Avalon that he used to own. Outright, it would be thirty three thousand dollars that he owes the bank.
Speaker 7: Now no matter what, he's either out of pocket, he's out of pocket about nine grand, and he has a loan right now on the same Sianna or same whatever vehicle that he had a completely paid off he now owns thirty three thousand.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 7: This is crazy. And this is Phil Long in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 23: Right, they did business un aer Mercedes Benz of Colorado Springs owned by so Long. It's like LLC, so it's owned by the so Long umbrella.
Speaker 7: This is I've never heard of anything this crazy. They literally ripped the old guy's face off. How old is he.
Speaker 8: Said?
Speaker 23: Gosh, you know what, I think he's in his seventies as not in his eighties.
Speaker 10: He's older.
Speaker 3: How older, gentlemen?
Speaker 4: Is super nice?
Speaker 1: You're an attorney.
Speaker 7: I mean, just looking at this, I mean a lot of people are going to say, wow, there's nothing illegal about it, And I guess really there isn't anything illegal about it. I mean, what is your opinion on the legalities of the deal. Did you actually look at any of the paperwork? How do you know this story's correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 23: So I'm his attorney, and he gave me for mission to speak to Tom Martino because I do see some claims that we could potentially make. I do see it right, negative, how.
Speaker 6: About that there are a bunch of jerks and ripoffs.
Speaker 23: Yeah, that's too right. So there aren't some specific claims negligent misrepresentations, potentially fraudulent misrepresentation. But he's not going to I don't I don't know if you know this part.
Speaker 3: But he's not going to live.
Speaker 23: Long enough for us to actually go to trial. And this is why I call it the Tom Martina Show because at this point I can file a claim and I'm willing to do so. You know, I could take this on contingency, and I'm willing to do so because I agree with you.
Speaker 17: This is terrible.
Speaker 23: I cannot believe that these people are human beings, got across from him and had him sign this deal.
Speaker 1: I want to know everything.
Speaker 6: You know what I'd like from you. I would really like this, and I'm not kidding.
Speaker 7: I would like the names of the actual salespeople and the finance guy involved, because I want our entire community to know about these people. And for anybody out there in Denver, Colorado Springs, if I see and hopefully if you see fill long Ford on any sign, you'll just keep driving. Don't stop for any reason, because if your car is completely paid off, you might end up owing money on it and have the same car. This is the craziest thing I ever heard. But I want the community in Colorado Springs, in fact, I want to get KRDTV on this. I'm going to call my people down to KRDO and I want them to go out and interview this seventy eight year old guy that got his face, his face ripped off, and they crap down his throat. They're a bunch of jerks in my opinion, what kind of people would do that. The attorney's being nice, this is absolutely outrageous. I want to get krd I want the news down there. I want them to out these people. I want the.
Speaker 6: Salesperson involved, the general manager, the shady finance guy, every one of them. I want to name names. If you can get me that information, i'd appreciate it. I would rein up any information you can get on this. In the guy's dying, what's his prognosis? What's going on with them?
Speaker 23: Oh man, he has cancer as well?
Speaker 1: These o.
Speaker 23: Retired teacher was in the millage.
Speaker 6: I got a break.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Here's what we're gonna do. I'd being dead honest. Here here's what I'd like. I want to go back to Reina.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 7: I want everybody to understand what we're talking about. And I'm sorry, Bianca, Greg Ashley Janet, I'm sorry. I promise we will get you four on first thing. But I cannot believe a seventy eighty year old guy walked in with the vehicle to fill long one hundred percent paid off, didn't own a dime. Yes, he did everything wrong. He went to them, he traded it in on a Mercedes, and then a month later, when he got his coupon to pay his first thing, realize there's no way he can pay it. He doesn't have a job, he's dying of cancer. The guy just wants to get to California to live out the rest of his life. So bottom line, he got his own Toyota back, the exact one he owed zero on zero, He got it back, gave them nine thousand dollars, and now owes thirty three thousand dollars on his car once again, Rena, that is exactly what's going on, right.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 6: Here's what I'd like to do. I'd like him in studio.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Ruffer sell roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content than wait.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two