Speaker 1: Well, it was a pleasant surprise to come out to Dodger Stadium and see the cat man Tony Gonsolin, not only see him talk to him and see him pitch off the mound here at Dodger Stadium and he joins us right now, you're alive nine lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a while since the since the Dodgers fans have seen me. But it's great to be back than this atmosphere, and it's incredible thrown on the game mound.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I had to throw.
Speaker 2: A bullpen out there, but I'll take it it was. It was awesome being back.
Speaker 1: I've heard so many guys say that coming back from rehab, where it's just something different about doing it on that mound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a completely different feel.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You get so used to being, you know, in the bullpen, throwing bullpens out there, and I've been so used to throwing bullpens in Arizona or throwing a couple lives now on the game mounds, and it's just nothing compares to what it's like to throwing on the game mound at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: To be a camelback ranch in the middle of summer for basically a whole year. That's gotta be a mental toll on you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's hot.
Speaker 2: You get a you know, I wouldn't say you get used to it, but you just kind of get over it. You know it's gonna be hot. You know it's gonna be hot, and you just gotta drink more water and figure out a way to.
Speaker 1: Manage and maybe pitch at seven in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh I wish it was that early. It's still hot at seven in the morning. It doesn't even matter. But uh yeah, just try to avoid the uh early afternoon, mid afternoon, uh direct heat and it's a it's okay.
Speaker 1: Not only was Tony Gonsolin pitching off the mound here at Dodger Stadium, but man, you had quite a crowd watching you, including the man that operated on your elbow, doctor elatrosh. That means it was big time showtime.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think that's I mean, that's definitely the first time I ela tride to see me throw that close.
Speaker 3: But uh, it was cool having.
Speaker 2: Him out there and having a little conversation with him after about what it looked like, what you saw, and uh, you know what we're talking about. And how the how the repair plays into the pitches and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was really cool to learn all that I've heard. He's more than a surgeon. He actually cares about his patience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely agree.
Speaker 2: You know that the times I get to talk to him, you know, being stuck in easy, but sometimes I do get to talk to him. They've been really good conversations and very informative on both sides.
Speaker 1: I'd say, Tony Gonsolin is our guest. It's great to see him. I was on the phone when you came up to me. Man, it is really great to see that beer, great to see that ponytail, and honestly great to see you pitch. How is the process going and you're at that one year mark so we're getting closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about about a week away from that one one year mark and definitely getting closer. Throwing three lives now, they've been they've gone pretty good. Command isn't quite where I want it to be yet, although today it was pretty good. Maybe it's something about being back on that now, but overall, just just working with the progress, you know, trying to take things as they come and manage everything, manage workload, manage, you know, straining on the arm and being cognizant about all of that and just taking my.
Speaker 3: Time with it.
Speaker 1: How much have you been following the team? What is it like being removed from the team but obviously a part of the organization.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean we play. We play every day, right, so I usually have the game on. I'm fortunate enough to have those those afternoons his evenings off and basically have the game on anytime I.
Speaker 3: Can, so basically every day.
Speaker 2: Uh, whether I'm directly watching on a TV or I got up on my iPad, it's a it's on and I know, I know kind of what's happening.
Speaker 1: How about Gavin Stone have you been watching his season? What a remarkable season for a guy that wasn't even supposed to make the team out of spring training.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love watching Stone pitch.
Speaker 3: He's very similar to.
Speaker 2: Myself, I like to think, but just fastball, change up. You know, it's got his slider now as discussing, Eve been working that cutter into it. Just he's looking really good and I like the the development who's had over the course of the year. You know, a rough couple first starts and then really settled in and had a nice stretch of some really really good ones and then I've been a little shaky late, but he's gonna bounce back.
Speaker 3: How about Kershaw?
Speaker 1: Did you have a chance to see him in Arizona during your rehab process?
Speaker 2: Saw curch a little bit. He looks good. He looks healthy. Man, it's really fun. I'd really took it in yesterday, and you know, never know what's gonna happen, but love watching him pitch every time, and just the way that he competes.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, I can't be insensitive to the fact your partner in crime, one of your former roommates, Dustin May, had an unfortunate accident with his esophagus. Have you had a chance to talk to him. What can you share with us about how he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's looking good. I can't share it too much, but he's looking good. He uh, you know, super unfortunate. Lost a lot away from it, and you know he's just making his way back now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just letting him do his thing. But he's okay. Yeah, he looks He's in good spirits, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So are you. There's a different twinkle in your eye I mean, obviously the beginning parts of this process are arduous, but it feels like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you know when they map you out to get back and just some rehab games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, feels pretty good.
Speaker 2: But once it got past the first fourish months, it was really not too bad.
Speaker 1: So are you saying we might be able to see an alert ok see fans or Tulsa fans of Tony Gonsolin coming back and bringing the cat litter.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't want to count it out, you know. I'd like to.
Speaker 2: I'd like to get back up here if I can. But do you want to get too far out of myself? Just want to take it one day at a time, one live at a time, and see how I'm feeling, make sure I'm healthy first, and then we'll see where we're at.
Speaker 3: That's right. Love it.
Speaker 1: You got to stand in the moment, like the great rich Hill used to say, Yeah, love it, Richie rich Hill pitching now whereas yeah, he's back. He signed a minor league contract with the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, glad to see him back.
Speaker 1: Man forty four years young, Gonsolin, You think you could do.
Speaker 2: That, hopefully, man, hopefully, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Rich is a different animal, so maybe not.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's really great to see you smile in all sincerity. Great to see you smile, Great to see you back out here pitching, and we're all looking forward to having Tony Consoling back. So congratulations, and I promise the Travis Matthew promo code will work today.
Speaker 3: Awesome, thanks for having me