Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters and this is my co host, Tim Duckworth.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: I right, how are y'all doing tonight?
Speaker 2: So I guess we don't need to do an intro now that that's also gonna really f with like my my flow, my mojo, my energy, how I get into it, you know, like like like when you go to play a sporting event. You know, everyone has like their routines. Yeah, you know, you do a certain thing, you do it a certain way, you stretch here, you get dressed there. Like you know, when I used to play soccer, I used to do like the exact same thing, Like I used to wear one specific like type of thing like to the games, you know, then get dressed and whatever. And like even if like the smallest thing was messed up, like I didn't have the right shoes to like wear driving to a game, like everything would be off. So now it's going to be off. I will say that it was already going to be off no matter what happened, because I am completely out of it. We don't have a rundown. We're doing this off the cuff. The earliest podcast of the summer. Everyone, Yeah, this is record time.
Speaker 4: I think we need at least explain to that.
Speaker 1: You need to explain because I have no idea what just happened, right, tag guys, it's a tag team today. Me and Donny was supposed to play. Commentary went a little long for him, so we did not even not get in. I even declined playing with Sean Deep so I told.
Speaker 3: You to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he had already moved on.
Speaker 1: You know, we had a little It's fine, but these two the ladies you just saw. Andrea Sega was Donnie Peters. Jess Richards was Tim Duckworth. They felt like cause playing us in the tag team. Because the knew we were playing the tag team. They kind of like, are you playing yet? I'm like no, I'm still waiting for Donny. They said, well, we're going to play. You should really come down. So I walked over to Paris like, They're like, where are you? Where I am here? I walk out of the room, I see them and I just head jobs back. I'm like, oh my god, what is this?
Speaker 4: The cous playing is us?
Speaker 1: You can see by Andrea was dressed, you know, with the PokerGO hat dress, like you just a bit more.
Speaker 4: Obviously had the March.
Speaker 1: Of Four of the Queens pre well, I wait till I tell you they bust out hand.
Speaker 4: But she had the Jaws signed.
Speaker 1: She had to Denim and they both had They both got custom T shirts.
Speaker 4: Mate got them here.
Speaker 1: Basically like a little that's like it's me from the stage turning too like a whatever is that a muppet?
Speaker 4: A muppet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And on the back this one says popular podcast band Club Intern. There says president. So I guess I'm in the intern. But they came on. They wanted to cous players. Jess Richards, who was me is a regular poker player from Houston who we know plays our events. Andrea, also from Houston. She is what I've been seeing on TikTok, the twenty second ranked trademark lawyer in the country. Really yeah, So if we need a new trademark lawyer, or if you guys need a trademark lawyer, shout out there.
Speaker 2: For sure. I got plenty of ideas. There's the free.
Speaker 1: Promo contact her. You can find them on sociore and raise Sega Jess Richards.
Speaker 2: I'm sure rich will put the They're like the lands, yeah down here.
Speaker 1: Right, here animate them, you know, and you know what, this has very premature community cards. I think they played two hands, just sat down first, she got it all in with like sevens on like a six eye board. She lost, and I said, look, if you were really me, you wouldn't have called the three bet pre for twenty five percent of your stack with the sevens and then just got it all in on a six side board and lost to the I think she lost the ace king on the river, but that's not if you're me, we don't do that. We called the raised prix and then we followed to the big three bet, so she already messed up. They losted two hands. They were sad because they had put all this effort into that, those costumes and the makeup, the fake mustaches, the mullet, and I said, you know what, incredible, Let's go come.
Speaker 4: Here to the studio. We're going to record an in show.
Speaker 1: They were going to use, took some photos and we were going to surprise you with it until fellow podcasters and porul Berurman spoiled it while talking to us. We don't really spoiler because I had still I really wanted to drop it on you. I don't want to see any idea.
Speaker 2: But I actually think it was better this way because I got to meet them and see them dressed up. Right before we did this show. You quickly showed me a little bit of the intro. So if you would have, if we were have just come on and you kind of would have just explained it to me, I would have no fn idea what was going on. Okay, So the way that it happened actually worked out very very well.
Speaker 1: So guyse if you are listening, I highly advise you to watch this episode. At least the first five minutes. You'll see them in showing us pretending to be us. We're going to throw a couple of pitches up. We got Miguel to take but shout out to Jess and and look they're actually out there watching us.
Speaker 4: They just finished in it. They're probably seven lageritas deep.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Look like they don't see.
Speaker 1: Look the fact that they're standing there with the mustache and the jaw makes no sense. So the person that walks past, I have to be there. We walk the whole way and people were saying me and then seeing them and like.
Speaker 4: They got it. They laughed, they like they chuckled.
Speaker 1: But if they're just walking down the hallway with mustaches on and mullet and jew its, it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: So you really need me there with them.
Speaker 1: But shout out to them for making a pretty fun day, even though we were hoping we could probably back a couple millionships. A couple of things.
Speaker 2: One, we do this whole like preamble on the last episode, like introducing ourselves to our newfound YouTube audience. And then and then we just bring in Justin Andrea to just do this whole thing. Well, I mean that we didn't really you brought them in. I didn't know about it. So the new people are going to be like, wait, hold on, you just told us your whole life story about who the heck you guys are and why we should be listening, and now this is happening. You know what, guys, We're just keeping it fun, fun, exactly fun. The second thing, I forgot what I was gonna f and say.
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 1: But look light hot its side to the Charlotte's get into some nitty great news from day What does this say down here? If anyone have you notice if you watch video, I try and change this to correspond the day. I've forgotten once, but twenty ninth day of the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker is here, and uh, what's stuff happening?
Speaker 2: Oh? The second thing I wanted to say, I mean, we can retire because we've made it. When people are dressing up like us in the taxing event.
Speaker 4: That means we're good.
Speaker 2: But we can just retire. Okay, I mean we're good.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. As a reminder for those listening, we would love if you could favorite the show, leave a review, like it, whatever the heck you guys got to do, because all that sort of engagement. Although you think it might not matter, trust us when I say that it does matter. It helps with all the crazy algorithms out there, It really does. If you're watching on YouTube, hit the like button on the video, subscribe to the Poker Go channel, leave a comment below the podcast. You know, you can let us know where you're watching from. You can just give us some crap. If you don't like what we're saying, you can say that you agree with us and bicker with the other fans and listeners whatever you on. So do that on YouTube. If you love poker, but you don't want to pay a dime. I would highly encourage you to head on over to play pokerg dot com. You can also get it on iOS, you can get it on Android. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into. They got these brand new sitting goes that are no gamble, no future themed. You spin the wheel of gain, you see what you're playing for, and then you can battle and pretty soon you and I are gonna have custom avatars.
Speaker 4: Oh, I cannot white for that day.
Speaker 2: And I think Brent Hanks is also going to have a custom avatar.
Speaker 4: Has he even been on the site yet?
Speaker 2: Yes, he was playing the other day in the no gamble in the Future sitting goes while he was commentating, Oh, I'm sure the bosses love when we do that, but we do it anyway because it's a lot of fun. So hit up play poker groat dot com or download the app on iOS and Android and we will see you at the tables. This podcast is also brought to you by True Classic, the home of high quality, affordable clothes for men. We got tops, we got bottoms, not we True Classic does activewear and more. True Classic Teas dot Com and then this year, we've partnered with True Classic for a signature event at the end of twenty twenty five, and part of that is you out there, all the listeners. I highly encourage you to go to True Classic Teas dot com slash tcpoker go and submit your poker story because you could be one of fifteen people winning a five thousand dollars package to come out to the studio and play in that event. That package includes a thirty three hundred dollars buying, It includes airfare, it includes hotel, all that sort of stuff. Believe you'll also get some True Classic swag to be decked out while you play the True Classic signature event. So let's go True Classic Teas dot com slash tc poker go onto the events. I have no idea if my throat is gonna hold up. I feel like I've been talking for ages. This air quality in here is horrific. Every time we walk through that smoke, I feel like it takes three years off my life. So I have no idea if my throat's gonna hold up. But we're gonna try. First up Battle of the Ages. Sebastian Dajong out of the Netherlands wins his firstsp Goldbras of three hundred and thirty five thousand dollars. In that one, Ignacio Sagra from Argentina busted in second place two hundred and twenty three thousand for him your boy Allan Lee Yeah, seventh place for fifty fifty five thousand dollars. Now, I watched a little bit of this final table. I was kind of in and out. I was doing commentary at the Venetian. Saw a lot of the social clips, but I think they might have saw two flops the whole time, as expected, given that they were like twelve big blocks deep to start. You never saw a fly. It was all just like all in, all ins, like just NonStop, a lot of really wild hands, fun hands, but ultimately it was really just an all infested at the final table. This one was streamed on poker go dot com, so if you missed it, go check it out. David Tuckman and Joe Stapleton were on the call. But we have a brand new winner and his name is Sebastian's jajoungk. It was it was refreshing to see a bit of emotion, you know, some celebration. Now that he was crying, but it was more elation, you know, hands up in the air, cheering, that sort of stuff. You know. Sometimes you just you get all these winners, they're just like, okay, cool shake somebody's hand.
Speaker 1: Move on. No.
Speaker 2: I like when I see a little celebration. So good on Sebastian for bringing that. We have another winner in the three thousand dollars limit hold them for two hundred thousand. That is Moshi Gabrielli. Hopefully I got that name correct. He defeated a POY contender, Scott See, I don't know. Now, I'm gonna read a tweet. How about this. I'm gonna go to Twitter, gonna go to the old X and I'm gonna read a tweet because I feel like if I say something, people think that I'm always saying it, but I'm not always saying it. So I'm just gonna have to go to Twitter and if I can't find it, then I can't find it. But I'm not looking like I find.
Speaker 1: Why you're looking. I'm going to go through the current Player of the Year points. Scott Baman is on top. We do not know how many events this takes into place. He's got twenty four hundred points, Jalviira twenty three seventy forty second, Benny Glazer twenty two hundred and forty one, Victor Blom twenty one hundred and Bruno Firth is the only other player over two thousand points, So doesn't really say. In previous years it has said like updated through event this or updated through this date. Hasn't got it on this one, so it's hard to tell if it includes, you know, does it include Bowman's result today?
Speaker 4: Probably not. Does it include Benny's third bracelet?
Speaker 1: We're not really sure, but they are the current standings that are available on WSP dot com Slash twenty twenty five dash p o y.
Speaker 2: I found it got it's from Kevin Mathers. Kevin matt says, I'm not sure who's responsible for updating the WSP Player of the Year standings this year, but it would be nice if they decided to update it a bit more frequently. Benny Glaser has three bracelet wins. He is not third in the standings. There's an exclamation point in that. I mean, I agree and I know you agree, Like, can we get this thing updated the day it should? It should be updated the second in event finishes. It should be being updated when people bust in tournaments. You are snap busting people in the app, right, that should just go through.
Speaker 1: Today, it just hold on.
Speaker 2: If it just doesn't automatically go through, then there should be somebody manually doing it. Okay, tell me what I got wrong? Nothing, I'm saying. He kind of echoes that.
Speaker 1: You know, we should have a bit more speedier updates on on the what are we doing the player of the I think people care about that, especially, like.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yes, it should be kind of SYNCD with the WSP plus app. It shouldn't be too hard to do. I don't know how really complicated it is to current some numbers, but I'm assuming they could build it into the system, you know, build in the kind of the player of the viewpoints. So yeah, maybe next year we see it. Kind of like you said, live updates.
Speaker 2: It should be updates on the website with with every bust out. Okay, it should It should just automatically update. Okay, it should also be in the app. Okay. Second thing, third is once there is a meaningful change or a meaningful shift, press release. But I was going to first say social media, go to social media? Would I would? I would leave the press releases for like a change in the leader, right, So, like, if it is Scott Bowman right now, Okay, well, if Benny overtook him with that third bracelet, in which we all think that he did, then boom, that should go out to the masses.
Speaker 4: You know, it sounds like you're saying kind of exactly what we do on the PGT.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it should just happen.
Speaker 1: It's just it's more difficult on WS more events, you know everything.
Speaker 2: The reason why we are so passionate about this is because we do really, really really want to follow and track new stuff, and we just feel like we're missing stuff. We feel like we're behind. We feel like we want to talk about the Bisbee Player of the Year, but we often just pass on talking about it because we know that they're like five six days behind. So it's just hard to talk about you know, it's very hard. So we we like, we want to talk about this stuff. We want to champion it, we want to celebrate it. We want to say, oh, this person just overtook Okay, this guy's up to third place if he finishes here, and especially when you get down to like kind of the the last what ten percent of events or so, and then you're like, okay, well, what do I need to win? Benny Glasser finishes third, he's going to overtake so and so. But over here Scott Bowman can get seventh or better and then he can hold on to the lea.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So you need all those scenarios to break down. That's really cool. You can even take it bigger. We could bring that into the coverage, to the streams. Oh, this person's at the found table. They need to finish here, they're going to take over player, you know, but it's we can't do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, like on the page th we do that, right, we have, but not that we just don't do it. It's we know, we talk about this all the time. The player is I like, looking at the leader board, they're like, finished second, I could win, but I need this guy to bus Now. They're switting all these results, all these micro different variations of how the totament can play at and they I think they enjoy it. They obviously want to win or you know, ladder up on the leaderboard. The WSB Player of Player of the year is just that, but one hundred x right, so yeah, it would be definitely worth WSP kind of. Hey, let's put more effort into this, you know, next year. I think it can definitely help tell the story of what is happening during the World Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I would echo the same thing for the online results. Yeah, you know, like we definitely want those. We love tracking that sort of stuff. You know, it should not involve us like seeing a tweet from Darren Olias. I mean like, oh my god, he won something like, you know, we should cram this stuff down our throats. We will eat it up. We want to eat it up. Okay, we definitely want to all right, So back to the matter at hand. We got the three K limit hold on Moshi Gabrielli winning it all for two hundred thousand dollars. Scott Bowman. That was the jumping off point for this this little rant here that we went on. He finished in second place, another deep, deep run for mister Bowman. I believe it was X. Mister style X was his old screen name or online name or something. So yeah, Scott Bowman, second there, Carrie Welsh, I guess I want to shout him out because he's been getting a lot of discussion, I should say on social media he's the one who went at Martin Cabrell. Oh that's okay. Yeah, he's the one who went at Martin commed. He's getting a lot of praise. I don't know about that. It's funny because the whole Martin Cabrell thing is still going. I mean, he's still going, okay, And it's definitely a bit of a about face or a change of tone from was it last year when when it was coupled with the cheating allegations, people saying he's marketing cards two years Yeah, So there isn't any of that stuff at least that I've heard this year, right, And and when that stuff was happening, I know that staff was trying to be as on top of it as they could. The players were obviously trying to be as diligent as they could. You know, even the production staff was checking our if ID cards and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Like it was.
Speaker 2: It was taken very seriously and nothing was found. So he's back. That stuff doesn't seem like it's come with him, but the antics have, and the antics have probably been ramped.
Speaker 4: Up the volume up a little bit on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen I've seen a lot of polarizing takes on this. I think the latest one I saw was our good friend ODB saying, like this is bad for poker. I just have to strongly disagree once again. And I think I think Tony Dunst put it best in a tweet that he said. He said, I wish I could just play poker tournaments all day. And I'm paraphrasing, I wish I could just play poker tournaments all day against the people who Stan Martin Carell Stan Stan, how much of a boomer? Are you, Brody?
Speaker 1: Pretty pretty? It's like producer rich, please help, for the love of god, I thought he wrote it. I thought that was a type I when I read that tweet, No, Brody, it was not a TYPEO.
Speaker 4: Can you explain the too.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's a term of endearment, like you know, calling you my bro Brody?
Speaker 4: Like what I don't think it is. I feel like I'm getting insaulted right here.
Speaker 2: You're not getting the assault and trusts me, You're fine.
Speaker 1: Trust I didn't trust this guy. Bring back bring back the out of Donnie.
Speaker 4: Where is she?
Speaker 2: Listen? What Tony Done said, right, Yeah, like you're standing them, You're an obsessive fan of them, You're stalking them, like all these people out there that are in love with Martin Cabrell, and what he does, Tony Dunst is saying like he wants to play with those people. And that is exactly why what Martin Cabrell is doing is good for poker, because all these people out there that are absolutely in love with him are maybe not the best poker players in the world, but you definitely want them in the game. You want to be playing with them.
Speaker 4: Are you in love with Martin Cabrell?
Speaker 2: Am I? Yeah, No, I'm not in love with Martin Cabrell.
Speaker 4: I thought you were.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I think what he's doing is extremely refreshing and entertaining for boker. Doesn't necessarily mean I love him, Okay. A real quick tangent Mine Crebrell. I was standing over in the tag team and talking to a colleague and he walks past me.
Speaker 4: He's got his hood on and he goes like this.
Speaker 1: He walks past like this, and he's just staring at me for thirty five feet as he's walking out of the whole area. I'm like, I said, hi, man, he's staring, staring, staring with Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, what I mean, I'm going. Thirty feet later he starts walking like what did I do? What did they do? Mud?
Speaker 3: What did I do?
Speaker 2: It's incredible stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am coming around on mine Cabrell. I think I've said that a couple episodes ago. I'm slowly coming around that. It is enjoyable to see some of his antics. There's a line that he shouldn't cross. You can get to that line. It is kind of uh makes me chuckle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree with you. Let's slide on over to the Millionmaker, where we have Josh Reichert. I mean, of course, Josh Reichert is leading the way with seven players left. This guy is unbelievable when it comes to big field poker tournaments. So Josh Reichert leads the way eighty four million, He's got seventy big blinds. You also got let me see if I can get the chip couns in order. Here obviously I can't. Oh, here we go. Jesse Yaga Numa is second in chips, Jacques Ortega third in chips. Yona labronch fourth in chips. He wants wrecked me in the hand in the main event. Jeffrey Tanae Tanaee Tanaai. I believe I play with this guy online all the time, and he said he's always just playing online, always in tournaments, so probably very experienced. Alejandro Ganivett and James Carrol aka Kroll. What are these players? I don't know his name is on These players are guaranteed two hundred and forty five thousand dollars. Holy hell, first place one point two five to five million, Second place one million. I mean, Josh Recer just might be the best big field no limit Holden player in the in the world. I know we're partial to Stephen Song, but I mean, holy hell, Josh Riker, he's y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pretty good, pretty pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I know that he was drafted in twenty five K this year and it shows his price shows a thirty seven dollars. That's because Mike Lang just decided to go nuts.
Speaker 4: I think that was the final piece of his team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's what I mean. He had all this money left and he just said thirty seven dollars for whatever, So he's not really a thirty seven dollars player. I mean he's obviously worth more like.
Speaker 4: Same as Steven Song. Basically, he would say.
Speaker 2: I would treat him as Steven Song light because he doesn't I can already I can already tell you well, no, but if he wins this phone one point two million dollars change, I can already tell you you know, I think he's played some twenty five k's and stuff. I can already tell you that we're not gonna be able to get Stephen Song next year. He's been on our team teams many our teams, many years, but we're not gonna be able to get him because he's gonna go for I don't know, forty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you get him first. Maybe the strategy is to take him like one point one, throw him out there one dollar, maybe getting for five, because no one wants to blow waste five dollars early.
Speaker 2: On Stephen Song. Yeah, bro, if Steven Song goes for five dollars, I will cut my door.
Speaker 4: For the stream.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's more likely to go for more or less going like first, I'd say he's more likely to go for less and more.
Speaker 2: Sure whatever, he's actually really need more than five dollars.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but I'm just saying that hypothetically. Whatever he's real number is. I feel like he goes for less going early than he does.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go for thirty five dollars minimum next years.
Speaker 4: That's last.
Speaker 1: The guy is deep in all of the big field stuff, all of it. Josh Steven song record. Okay, there we got thirty eight dollars.
Speaker 4: I would like to. I don't know how much more you gotta say. I want to.
Speaker 1: It's not a duck up because it ain't my fault, but it's a poker go booboo, So a poker go booboo here.
Speaker 2: I have no idea where this is going.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you we're planned to play. I was told instructor this morning, we're going to bag them a seven. I told the floor of the flour, told the players, and then they we made it inaudible. And look, we're allowed to do that. We are production. We are the be all and end all sometimes, you know. But we made a decision to play them a little deeper, playing down to six, or at least through to the another level and a half. Players weren't happy because they told a lot of their friends and family that wanted to come to it. No, just come back tomorrow. You know, we've only got a little bit to play, et cetera. So that some of the players were a little upset. I took it on the chin. I took the I was the face of the problems. But it's want to put a little poker go booboo. We had one today, but it's like, is there, Okay? They all made it. They played that ninety minutes. We didn't lose anyone, so you know, we just saved him, not even a smart But.
Speaker 2: What time does it come back?
Speaker 4: Come back?
Speaker 1: Four o'clock because in the air at four the stream's going to start at five pm Pacific, eight pm Easton.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did There were some rails growing at the end of you. I feel like every year we talk about this, how the rails kind of get less and less, smaller and smaller, But this one looked like it was growing. James Carroll looked like he had a pretty good rail. I don't think there was a ton of people on the rail for Jesse Yaga Numa, but he does roll in that group of like Shannon Shore and those guys that I would imagine tomorrow, you know, they start coming around the rail and hanging out there. Believe I forget who the other gentleman was that had oh, Jacques Ortega Brazilian. There were definitely some Brazilians on that rail. So it should be pretty fun and hopefully that translates through to the stream. Now we got to talk about this next event, and I am I am already. I know it's super early. I am already. My brain is ready to explode.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what event you're gonna choose. Fifty. I did not know you're going to be.
Speaker 2: As the chip leader right now.
Speaker 4: Please be my boy, Please be my boy. Give me one hind I'm not looking.
Speaker 3: So it's grinder, so good, it's so it's outrageous. This guy, I don't understand. Well, what do you mean he crushed? You had a massive, massive cash in the Battle of Age.
Speaker 2: Did you see how he busted from that tournament?
Speaker 4: I mean the question, But Michael.
Speaker 2: Question greatness.
Speaker 1: We don't question greatness. He's going to be a full time four time PVC champ. He's going to lift that new David chip Rui's trophy. And now that it's being promoted, we can show some pictures of it real quick as you talk. Rich, put some of the new pictures right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a fan of the trophy. It needed to be done better.
Speaker 5: What do you want done better? Well, because it's a different design. If you remember we had the hollow car, now it's a it's just a flight to cod I don't know, it just could have been a bit better, you do, be cool. Could have been a uh do you remember like that year they did the bus of the of the some of the players, they did one I think of Doyle, something like that with Chip.
Speaker 1: Could have been pretty cool. But you know, those always can be hit or missed. You know, we've seen some pretty bad ones of Christiano Ronaldo and David Beckham. But I always I'm a big fan of those, like what they do with the NFL Hall of Fame, big fan.
Speaker 2: Super super long way to go. This is a five day events. Day one is not even over, and I'm already going nuts about Michael ms Rocky leading the way. But it's still outrageous, guys. I mean, if you guys listened to the last episode, you know we talked about all Michael mss Rocky's stats, his accolades as it becomes as it relates to just this tournament, it does look like they're up to eighty six entries, so trending quite nicely to have a very very good number. I would say they're a favorite to get into triple digits. And then just checking in on some of the players who have busted out, Walter Chambers, Eric Person, Notcho, Barbaro, Eric Wasserson, Matt Valo, Young Co and Dan Cats. Who's young Co?
Speaker 4: He's uh, he's on Redlands Fantasy Team.
Speaker 2: No, he's not drafted.
Speaker 4: I know Vid he might as well be. I do not know, actually don't know that name.
Speaker 2: Who are the surprises in here?
Speaker 4: I got one surprise? Can I tell my story.
Speaker 2: For sure? I know what you're gonna say, but yes, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's an I'm gonna mention this guy, Australian poker player, Bruno Patara and make Rich work in put a picture of Bruno right here. Doesn't look like you're every day running the mill poker player. But he came over to me today and he says, hey, man, how are you know with chatting? You know, I haven't seen him for since Lost World Series. He goes, I'm playing the fifty K today and I'm like, in my head, I'm like, Bruno, you are one of the worst make same class I've ever played with. But okay, go on, He goes, well, I came in. You know, I played the nine game, the three K nine game didn't do so well. I told my wife I'm gonna win fifty K and the I'm going to play the PPC. It's a dream of mine. I think that's a dream for a lot of players to play that. But he said, only if I win fifty k. He saw a satellite on WSP plus app six hundred dollars satellite played that want to set into the The five K satellite had to.
Speaker 4: Go get verified.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah, ran up, jumped in the tournament, ended up winning that he want to see with Bruno Fortucci, Walter Chambers, who is now out, and then Bryce Yuki took fourth for about forty k. Unfortunately for Bryce's gonna get a tax on that. So Bruno comes over. He's telling me this story. I'm like, oh, so, I'm like, when are you going to play? He goes, you know, I haven't had much sleep I've leased up two hours. I go, whoa, I mean you have till seven eight pm tomorrow. He goes, you know, I like playing from the start. I'm going to go over look at the field. He goes, I go over.
Speaker 4: He comes over. There's two tables.
Speaker 1: It's no Grano, it's Victor Blom, it's Josh Aria, it's the who's who of the fifty and not a single soft spot insight.
Speaker 4: He looks at me.
Speaker 1: There's fourteen players in the field. He looks at me, and he goes, I'm going to register now. I'm like, I love it.
Speaker 4: You've had two hours sleep. You probably still.
Speaker 2: Machelle produce the richest new favorite player. Rich is always like everyone's soft. You know, these guys are all cowards whatever. No, Rich is Rich and Bruno Pataro like, you're gonna be best boys.
Speaker 1: He jumps in and here's the best pit. He registers in front of me, and I'm like, well, make sure you do it correctly. You're a little tired. I don't want you to like take fifty k out of your you know, your what you've deposited. He does it right, He's what do I do now? And I go, well, you have to check in, and he goes, well, what do I Where do I do that?
Speaker 4: How do I do that?
Speaker 1: He's basically got no idea. I called ties. I'm like, hey, can you help Bruno? He just he just sat winds up on a you know, they have to open a new table. Everyone gets to move around, but he's still in remarkable. He was minus two hundred to bus first. But yeah, he gets to kind of tick off our life long dream of his.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 4: You know he is sixty, so sure how long that the dream has been going for.
Speaker 1: But he's in the fifty k. He's gone from six hundred to a five K seat to now fifty K. I would love nothing would bring me more joy for him to parlay that's six hundred dollars into a min cash because he's not winning.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you never know, but let's be let you know what.
Speaker 1: We've seen some interesting names cash in the fifty k. Bruno Potaro can be the twenty twenty five. Who the hell is this cashing in the fifty k PPC. But good luck to Bruno. I know he doesn't listen to the pod, but flying that flag for the Kangaroo crew.
Speaker 2: So let's look at some other names who might be surprises. Chris Hunikin. I'm gonna say the name. You can tell me if they're a surprise. We need a bell.
Speaker 4: I'm going I'm gonna hit the bell. I'm gonna hit Daniel.
Speaker 2: That's the bell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Chris Nigan done.
Speaker 2: We already talked about Kevin Gearo. I'm not giving you as that as well, but I just want to point out that he did end up getting in there. Brian Tate, Yeah, no, I mean I think he's been playing a lot of events that he's act. No, it doesn't count now. Seem Salem. I don't think he goes I forget does he go by Nick Salem? I think I think this is Nick Salem that plays in the JRB and Brian oakin Cash Game. I had no idea he played the mixed games like this, So let's give it to him. Let's give him a surprise surprise to see there. Gab Ramos, No, he's.
Speaker 1: A big mixed game player. I'm that surprised. The money is a big step. Not going to give the I'm not going to give a bell for that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a snap. That is a triple bell.
Speaker 1: What that could be your belt. My belt doesn't get wrong?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you? Are you surprised to see Mike Madison in there?
Speaker 4: No? Because whose twenty five o K Fantasy team is he on?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Daniels, Yes, that's all I name. There you go, Christian Roberts.
Speaker 4: I saw him.
Speaker 1: He was part of the fourteen actually, so maybe he was a soft swat. But like you said, he've been playing some of these mixed games, so maybe he's a very underrated mix game player. But he's just very focused on no limit because the money.
Speaker 4: Is there, so I am.
Speaker 1: He does like to play big, does like to play high stakes. So and it's it's like a half a half bell. I don't know if there's a half bell sound, but if there was, that would be it. Michael Rocco, you know what I saw him when I went over there, lost, I was like, you haven't been here all simmer, just rock up for the fifty K. But I expected him to be planning palm trees on his farm in California. So to me, definitely definite.
Speaker 2: I'm not really seeing any other what you've You've.
Speaker 1: Glossing over a couple I already know Brian breck n He's fire. Jason Kluska, I don't know who that is. I I saw him.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is though, So I'm gonna just put you ring that bell.
Speaker 2: I don't know who else on gloss One's busted out. One is busted out. I already talked about Eric Erk Person, Yeah, definite. Yeah, but I already talked about all those. That's why I'm not looking at the bus stop. Okay, Okay, I'm gonna let me look who's the other one? Well, I was thinking Person was the big one.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 4: That was very surprised.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm kind of surprised to see Matt Lance back in there. I thought I think he took a couple of years off. Yeah, surprising see him back in there now.
Speaker 1: Seeing a lot of these cash game guys, which is good. That's a good sign that the game's probably closed up shop for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a pretty strong loose Antonius to play this damn thing.
Speaker 4: He's probably becoming like he's probably playing tennis somewhere. Roy Thong, Oh, I love Roy.
Speaker 2: I mean, if Matthew Ashton is in there, if Jason Mercier is in there. The games, the high stage cash game is not running right now.
Speaker 4: I'll give you one I don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't see Ray Degargani, Ray d Yeah, he usually plays in this, Okay, Ivy is already in there.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Andrew ya. Now, I know he won a bracelet. But Andrew Yay is very I would say, bank roll, conservative player, family man. Sure, I don't think he sees this as a super value spot. But you know, fresh off sorry, not a brace he lost to Brian Raspologies, fresh off a decent score that run around finish. Maybe he used to take a shot, or maybe he sold some pieces. He's got a pretty close core group of mixed game guys, so that to me, he's a little bit of a surprise, to be honest, at that, at that buying in that price one regardless, you know, Andrew ye is an incredible player.
Speaker 2: But somebody that we thought was going to play. Both you and I agreed, Robert Wells don't see him.
Speaker 1: Don't see Yurie in there either, there right, correct, So they may be like there may be some late.
Speaker 2: We know we just talked about Scott Bowman just finishing second. Another big score here. Maybe he's he jumps in late as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of people missing from this field. But yeah, we have I think until I want to say, seven pm ish tomorrow forever. Yeah, so we've got plenty of time. I don't think we need to sweat the fact. Nick Shulman or you know, Robert Wells or you ridicuous, he isn't it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: What do you want to check out next?
Speaker 1: I think we should go to this final table that's just fifty ish feet away. We still I haven't measured that distance.
Speaker 2: Your boy. He is Arthur Moore dominating over there. Six players left. This was the five hundred dollars buying freeze out five and eighty two entries. The top six are guaranteed forty eight thousand dollars. Up top is two hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars. Arthur Morris is still in. He is the chip leader. Robbie Schiffbauer friend of the pod, he's still in there as well.
Speaker 4: Got some massive flip nine handed who didn't even a flip.
Speaker 2: Matti even a flip. But he's now he's second in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's gonna nice little come back.
Speaker 2: Tony Harrison, Ben von Craig Savage and Edwin Chang are the other players still in this one. They are playing out the final table right now. We're recording right now, so we'll talk about the winner when we get to it. So on the next episode, the five K Noble Limit hold them six Max. So we had who we had? Jesus hurry song? Is that it? That bagged and shortman Shureman? Yeah, I haven't heard from Shorman. Is he still in?
Speaker 4: He dm He started dming me on Twitter.
Speaker 1: He's still in. He's got a million chips. Oh baby, Johnny Sharman, here's that song.
Speaker 2: He hasn't DMed me.
Speaker 4: Get that song ready to producer Rich.
Speaker 2: He hasn't DM me. Amazing, Let's go Johnny Shorman.
Speaker 1: Real about the the mixed game. I think we touched on it, trying to fix it. The five Game of Limit last year, eight hundred and eighteen entrance won by Kangaroo crew. Remember misstaff at Hydairy he was able to cigarette right, Yeah, no, no, that was you asked me that last time. No, I wanted nine hundred and ninety five entrants in day one of this event. Right this year, look at this field size, we said, we said twelve hundred. You said, I think you get twelve hundred. That's a very big number, but I am not going to rule it out. And it got fell a little short, right, one thousand, one hundred and sixty eight. But that is a disgusting amount of players to play a five K no Leman hold him six Max Furt a event here at the World Series of Poker, and we talked about the payouts eight hundred and fifty five K for first just they are left, can you app I believe pocon eighty one. No, we're trying to check if Johnny Johnny s is still in.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I have been very, uh, very lethargic today. It's a little tires. Seventy seven players left.
Speaker 2: You know who just busted somebody that you're taming Becker Shaundy, No, somebody that you've been like, where is this guy?
Speaker 1: Some kei ye I saw him today. He's just so weird, so weird. I got no uploading, but I saw him walking down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Wow, Johnny Shoreman, double ko Johnny Johnny FN Shoreman. It is seventeen minutes ago, Johnny FN Shoreman. This guy raised Johnny from the cutoff. This other guy I calls Johnny Shoreman calls it comes Jack nine to four with two clubs. The players quickly get all their chips into the middle. Jack nine four, two clubs. Johnny Shrman's got ace five of clubs. He's up against King Queen of Clubs and Queen Jack of Diamonds for top pair.
Speaker 4: Not good.
Speaker 2: Shoreman had the two short sacks covered and Rashid started cheering for a clean runout. Duce of Harts, Duce of Hearts, he shouted, as the five of diamonds sit the turn. But the three year clubs on the river. F me f me man, you guys have each other's blockers. Boom, Johnny Shoreman, double ka yo for the short stirs.
Speaker 4: John Shrman have a nickname.
Speaker 2: I just called him the Shortster.
Speaker 4: He needs some very like English law like English nickname.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. I don't know what it is, but he's called London John. London John. Pretty sure, by the way. His hat says London John. That's what he plays with online, London John. He's one week something. We can think of something bout London John.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: He's London John.
Speaker 1: Anyway, play is seventy seven left guaranteed eleven k, basically more than.
Speaker 2: He was asking me where the field bonus was today?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven? Johnny? It's not that much.
Speaker 4: So how many chips is he having there?
Speaker 2: What's more important than this one? It says he has a million, says he's nine to forty five?
Speaker 4: What does he play on the app?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: What is his name on the app?
Speaker 2: Is John his own name?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's down here in thirty one, but that's obviously before me.
Speaker 2: This was this was eighteen minutes. Yeah, I just want to see where he was in the ko. Yeah, all right, So that one's going to play down, get close to it. Oh, actually no, it's a four dy event two. So this one's still got a long way to go. You do your thing, Johnny Shoreman, You do your thing. Sliding all over to the fifteen hundred dollars deuce to seven triple draw. Brandon Shack Harris the current chip leader. And we had another miss Rocky. It's Robbie.
Speaker 4: Oh I was gonna say, Donny.
Speaker 2: No, Robert ms Rocky second. And John Turner's doing well over there. Nick Waghini, your boy is doing well Andres Corn and bro why didn't you tell us to draft you? I mean, what the hell?
Speaker 4: Man? Allen Lee was the one we needed to dry.
Speaker 2: Christopher Klausen also still in over there with eighteen players remaining. This is day two of this three day event. First place is one hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars. We did get a cash out of Nico Milgram in this event, so he's still grinding hard for us. And then in the five K we did lose Steven Song and Urie Reichenstein both in the money, but we did lose them, so had another point and a half or actually two points now I think about it as they round up, which I don't know why they round up, but they round up in twenty five K Fantasy, the one K Super Seniors. Can you please tell me what's going on in that? Because my throat is killing me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Super Sing is that kicked off today? You had to be even older than the other scene is event. But they had thirty three secret sixty thirty three hundred entries in that two point nine million in the prize pool. Three hundred and fifty six K.
Speaker 2: Three hundred sounds late?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Here's it?
Speaker 4: Up. It feels like I'll pull it up.
Speaker 2: Sean Jazzeri won it last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sean jazz the Eerie. Now you know how I feel, Buddy, I pull up everything. But uh yeah, there's down a nine hundred and forty three players. There's five hundred and one of those will be in the money last year Seon Jazzeri three three six two Entrance Field.
Speaker 4: So you know, basically that's kind of on par.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking down, the chip cows real quick. No one really stands out. Kennon James up there, Scottie win Baby twenty fifth and ships actually got to get my study win card signed, so I'm gonna go find him a little later. John Esposito is up there. But you know, Ambretta Brenners, we'll probably update this tomorrow. I'm down, yeah, I say, I mean, while you just rest your voice talk about the one thousand dollars tag team that we did not play. So apologies to those I wanted to hear us rant and rave about each other's playing stars. I know you guys love that We've got the ned here, We've got the super Agro. We'll find we'll make amends. We'll play something and talk some hands one day. Big fielding that. I saw a lot of costumes today. We already touched on the you know, the real co the real I saw Batman and Robin. There was a Dinosaur Degeneration X. I did not see that one. Yeah, there was some X men out there. It seemed like there was more of an effort than normal to dress up for this event, and I think that is fantastic. I would love for ws TOP to add a little prize to maybe best stress in the tag team event. I think that would create a bit more fun. But either way, thirteen hundred and seventy three teams one hundred and eighty four K for first Degeneration X. That is actually fantastic, very close to the money some of the teams that are up there. We got a Jacob Pharaoh team, we got a awsome young team doing pretty well, a Jared Jaffi team. I think Jared is with his dad, so that's kind of cool. Wanted to play with our kids. Cash for the kids and us now, since you know you're me, we are very good together. But if we split up bringing the kids in. But yeah, lots to go on that that will pull. That's three day events. We'll probably update you on that tomorrow. What do we got on Wednesday on deck? Obviously we got we talked about the fifty k that's going to be open registration on Wednesday. We have kicking off a lot of events. Firstly, three hundred dollars. Gladiator is a poker. I'm going to think I'm going to take the five hundred that I was going to donate to us our tag team. I'm going to put it in one of the flights of Gladiators. The event you're thinking about playing three K no limit holder, I'm not sure if you're still feeling that, but that's on the Docker tomorrow, and then the evening event the fifteen hundred dollars started high low. So three events kicking off one very big. Gladiator is a poker. Donny might be in the three K no limit, he's much richer than me, and the fifteen nineer start hillo.
Speaker 2: I just like to play higher where they respect my raises.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I doubt I'm gonna play it. I'm just too tired and my brain has not been functioning for the last two days, so I'm not gonna put my money at risk and my investors money. I'm not going to do that enough, so I'll probably be skipping that should be another another good day. I'm really, really really looking forward to seeing how this fifty K plays down. I'm looking for the coverage that's going to start on day three of that event. Have some really good names, as we talked about yesterday. Jared Blesnik has lined up to be in the booth. Chris Vich, Alex Alex Livingston also lined up to be in the booth. Now, I will say that both Vich and Livingston are in the event, so could be questionable if they're actually going to show up in the booth. I did not see Blessnick's name in the chip counts, but maybe he's Maybe he's going to get in there later. I don't know, but also you know, probably probably a little TBD on it if you get him in there. If not, I wouldn't mind here in Phil Sternheimer cool in there, good one. I know he's playing the event, yes, but he's the only good name. He's he's been in the booth before. He would be great. So So yeah, that that's what's coming up this week that I'm most excited for. It's gonna be madness in here with that three hundred dollar Gladiators.
Speaker 1: So a massive amount of paper. Some may say, some may say massive, some may Someone send us a T shirt that just had massive on it.
Speaker 2: That was grateful. That, Yeah, that was great for I was like, he's the man.
Speaker 1: We have so many T shirt ideas that next year we're coming out with a full match line shop. It's podcast shop. Can you know say my name t Shas. It's gonna have some it's gonna have some Halloween costumes.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is I was talking with Ali and last night we were just shooting the ship on. He had a break from the final table that or the whatever day three that they were covering Day two, I don't remember, but we're talking about and I was like, you know, I said, you know, sometimes when I'm just at home, I got nothing to listen to, I've maybe run through all my podcasts or whatever. I just throw on old episodes at Poker Road.
Speaker 1: You're really will I'm I mean, they are incredible, A good That was the absolute best show.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine has a drive, a whole drive of all.
Speaker 1: The Poker Road episodes. Yes, you can't find them online. No, you can't find him anywhere, but he has them saved to a drive.
Speaker 4: He should upload them and maybe some comfort run infringement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're they're simply amazing. And so then Ali was telling me about how at one point they were feeling like they were getting jipped a little bit by the Poker Road merch, so they started their own thing, shirt Road and they were selling their own merch. So so just off your idea of starting the poker Go podcast shop, same sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I've had people, yeah, ask us about, like, I wan much. Obviously we have our hats by the way, update five hats left. I think we could, you know, we could make some cool stuff and use that as giveaways or I don't think we're not trying to make a buck. I don't think. So we'll figure that out. I want a Kangaroo Crew T shirt actually came up. I'm gonna tell you off the record, I mean off when went off filming and then he's it turned off about there's a banger T shirt idea I have that.
Speaker 4: I am all in on producing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, my show because it's so good that it might get stolen, all right, promise.
Speaker 2: You alrighty well, that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next.
Speaker 4: Expre