Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with Me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App KFI hand kost HB two, Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 1: It's time for your morning wake up call.
Speaker 3: Here's Amy King.
Speaker 1: It's five o'clock, straight up. This is your wake up call for Monday, June twenty third. I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. My goodness, what a weekend. I started off with a day at Disney, which was fabulous, and then decided it was going to be a chill binge weekend, chilling on the couch, expected no news, really expected nothing big to happen, and then you know, switch back to normal TV for one moment and goes, yeah, the US bombed Iran. Yep, you know what. There's one thing Anna and I were just talking with producer. Ann and I were just talking about this. It's like it's NonStop. Like with President Trump, it is absolutely NonStop. Things change so fast. We're gonna be talking about around a lot this morning. Obviously. Here's what's ahead on wake Up Call. La Mayor Bass the city is closely monitoring for any threats in Los Angeles following the US attack on nuclear facilities in Iran Saturday. The mayor and Sheriff Luna both have said there are no credible threats, but that out of an abundance of caution, patrols are being stepped up around places of worship and other sensitive locations. One person has been killed two others are heard in a multi car crash that shut down the southbound four or five through the some Covida Pass. The crash happened around two this morning. HP says one of the people hurt appears to have been an LAPD officer, but the LAPD has not confirmed that. Will was going to get you the latest let you know if it's gonna affect your morning commute in just a minute. The Israeli military has confirmed that it has bombed roads around Iran's four toh nuclear Enrichment facility to block access to the site. The strike comes following the US bombing of three nuclear facilities using B two bombers and bunker buster bombs. We're gonna be talking with ABC's Chris Bachia about Operation Midnight Hammer and whether that mission was successful. That's coming up before the top of the hour, and just a couple hours after the US attack, Iran fired again on Israel. Some of those missiles did get through. We're going to get the latest from Israel with ABC Stredanna Miller. The Iron Dome has saved thousands of lives in Israel and it continues to So how does it actually work. I found this really great description of it while I was doom scrolling on Instagram and I wanted to share that with you. That's coming up sometime this hour. And also, I'm celebrating a five year anniversary. Today's big one for me, and it's sort of a cautionary tale. So I'm going to tell you about my anniversary in hopes that you never have to celebrate this anniversary. I know what it is. All right, let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. They're back home. That's the sound of B two Stealth bombers returning from Saturday's US air strikes in Iran. Officials say the bombers hit three Iranian nuclear sites. The six Stealth fighter planes came back to the Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri yesterday afternoon. Local and state authorities say they're watching out for potential fallout from the military bombing of the Iranian nuclear sites. Mayor bass as I mentioned says there are no credible threats at this time, but the LAPT is patrolling near places of worship, community gathering spaces, and other sensitive sites just in case. Governor Newsom also says California's State Threat Assessment Center is actively monitoring for any suspicious activity. The La County Sheriff's depart meant is taking some heat for an online post.
Speaker 4: Sheriff's department apparently posted then deleted a message on x calling Iranian's victims of the recent bombings. The post sparked some confusion and frustration, with critics accusing the department of taking a political stance. Officials have since apologized, calling the post quote inappropriate and saying it doesn't reflect Sheriff Luna's views. They've launched an internal review and promised tighter oversight in future communications. The Brooker KFI news Hey.
Speaker 1: Don't heard him, You don't need to heard them. During an ice rated the Bubble car wash in Torrents yesterday, the business owner called out to federal agents who were detaining workers. In videos now circulating online, the owner demanded that agents leave, accusing them of acting like criminals. Tensions escalated when one masked officer shoved the owner. That sparked a pretty heated argument. Katla says neither ICE nor police have commented on what happened. Officials with the City of La are looking at possibly suing the Trump administration to stop the ICE immigration raids they claim are unconstitutional. Last week, seven council members signed a proposal asking the city attorney to prioritize immediate legal action to protect the civil rights of the people of La. They say it's needed to keep people from being racially profiled or unlawfully detained. The reconfigured interchange connecting the seventy one and ninety one freeways in Corona set to open this morning. The interchange project has cost one hundred and thirty seven million dollars and has been going on since the winter of twenty twenty three. It replaces the current single lane connector from the eastbound ninety one to the seventy one with a two lane connector loop to accommodate more vehicles. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jordana Miller in Jerusalem. Jordana hours after the US dropped its bunker busting bombs on the Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran responded with words and with missiles headed at Israel.
Speaker 5: That's right, about five hours after the US carried out those at this point looked like very successful strikes on fod Out, Natans and East Sahamda's three rounding nuclear facilities. Sirens ring out across Israel, and there was a wave of about twenty five ballistic missiles. That has not been the last wave. We've had at least two others, some targeting just the north or just the center of the country. The good news is that in the hours now more than thirty six hours since the US carried out those strikes, we have not had anybody killed here in Israel. There have been several injured, some serious property damage residential buildings where a few of the missiles got through Israel's air defense systems, caused some pretty significant damage in the outskirts some suburbs of Tel Aviv, for example, but again no one injured. I'm sorry, no one killed, and just dozens injured. Israel today is carrying out very intensive strikes across Iran and specifically in Tehran, and what the Israelis have said today is that they're hitting targets now of the regime, not just military assets, not just nuclear sites, but targets of the regime. And that includes today the Ministry of Energy in the building there in Tehran, the headquarters of the Busiege. That's Iran's very oppressive security arm of the regime that has oppressed Iranians for decades. They've also hit the notorious Evan Prison where opponents of the regime have been jailed on real or pumped up charges for decades, including some Americans. Is they're also hitting Shahid University in Tehran, that's an arm of the regime, and some of their radio and TV stations that are connected with the regime. Remember, the Israeli say that they're not after regime change, that's not part of their military aims, but today on the ground, it certainly looks like they're moving in that direction.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you mentioned the prison that they would they would bomb the prison. Is that did it like open the front gates and people are spilling out or what's the message with that one.
Speaker 5: Well, they've hit the grounds, not the exact prison itself. It appears the message of a warning shot. You know, we're hitting the outside of the prison today. And if the regime you know, continues to target Israeli civilian life, which is what these Israelis are claiming, right, then the next the next target at the prison could be the prison itself where you know, which would obviously lead to a massive jail break, right and could cause some chaos and terehran.
Speaker 1: So this is it.
Speaker 5: Looks like this is a warning shop, but even at that it is significant, okay.
Speaker 1: And then Jordana, we are also just getting from the wires that Israel has said that it has attacked Fourdoh again, which is one of the sites that the US dropped the bunker busting bombs on, and that it's it's hitting the roadways around it to try to basically block anyone from getting to or from it. Right.
Speaker 5: Remember, until the US struck Four Dow, the Israelis had taken out We've now learned some of the aerial defense systems around for Dow to make sure that the American aircraft would be as safe as possible. But today the Israeli Army has confirmed that they have hit some of the access roads leading into fordw obviously to prevent the Iranians from going into the facility and taking anything out or you know, assessing the damage. So that is that is what the Israelis have done, you know, in the last couple hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then Jordana, one last question. President Trump says, it's now time to talk. Is Iran is not making any public statement saying that it is. Is there anything that you're hearing about that might maybe behind the scenes that maybe they're quietly saying, okay, we'll we'll start talking now.
Speaker 5: Well apparently, I mean we're hearing from US officials that the messages between you know, Washington and Tehran have been going back and forth for days, but the Iranians appear to you know, not be interested in actually returning to a negotiation, to the to the te to negotiate a new deal. Not yet. We see Aron's foreign minister today in Moscow.
Speaker 1: All right, Jordana Miller, We'll keep watching it. Thank you, be safe, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: Thanks soon.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Tehran is threatening retaliation against the US following the American air strikes. Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie says, Israel did all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 3: They wiped out any of their air defenses, really severely damaged them in what they've been doing over the.
Speaker 6: Last week and a half or two.
Speaker 1: Iran Is lashed out at the US for what it says is crossing a very big red line. Lawmakers in DC have reacted to the US air strikes. Democrats are questioning the president's authority and the effectiveness of the attacks on Tehran, while Republicans support the decision. The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Connecticut Congressman Jim Himes, says he hopes it doesn't backfire.
Speaker 7: The worst scenario is that, you know, the Iranians have a lot more missiles than we think they do, and we end up with dead soldiers and sailors in the region.
Speaker 1: He says. The bottom line is the president has taken a huge gamble. Investors say the US bombing in Iran could push oil prices higher. Investors are saying they expect it's going to cost a stock market sellof and a possible push for the US dollar and other safe haven assets. When Wall Street opens this morning, they say one indicator of how markets will react this week is the price of Ether, the second biggest cryptocurrency, and a gauge of retail investor sentiment. We're going to get more on that when we get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho that's coming up at five point forty. It's going to be very hot and very humid for a lot of the US this week. Meteorologist Britney Bells's record high temperatures are expected.
Speaker 8: Stretching from Louisiana all the way to Maine, including an excessive heat warning that includes major cities like Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: And Boston.
Speaker 9: High temperatures in DC could get at or above one hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: She says, in New York and other places, the humidity is going to make it feel like one hundred and ten degrees. And speaking of hot weather, now that summer is officially here, it arrived on Friday, Travel Experts Day, it's not too late to book a getaway this season. Katie Nastro with Going dot Com says flying away is getting more affordable. Average price of airfare down seven percent year over year. That's pretty massive, down twenty five percent from June of twenty twenty two. She says Chicago is already popping up as a popular destination for summer trips. Chicago is beautiful in the summer. It is late summer. I got that. I went there one time and it was gorgeous and sunny and there was very little humidity. And I was talking to a waiter at a restaurant. I was like, this is so amazing. He goes, yeah, wait till next month, exactly. Yeah, Okay. Tomorrow, the Dodgers take on the Rockies in Colorado. First pitch goes out at five forty. You can listen to all Dodger games this season on AM five to seventy LA Sports and stream all the games on the iHeartRadio app. Keyword is AM five to seventy LA Sports. Sahi super Dry discovered Japan's number one selling beer at your favorite bar or grocer. Governor Newsom has urged everyone to stay vigilant and report any suspicious activity following the US bombing of nuclear facilities in Iran. The governor posted on x that the state is monitoring for any impacts on the state and that there are no specific or credible threats in California at this time. A small group of protesters gathered in downtown LA after they announced with that the US had bombed three Iranian nuclear facilities. Organizers said on Instagram, they're demanding an end to the war on Iran, on our immigrants, and on Gaza. Oil prices have jumped following the US air strikes. US CREWE oil was up to almost seventy six dollars a barrel as of last nights, down a little bit from there this morning. Iran has said that it might close the Strait of hor Moves in response to the bombings. Twenty percent of the world's oil passed through the strait last year. At six oh five, Handle on the news, of course, Handle's going to be talked about everything that happened over the weekend with Iran. So today is my five year anniversary, and I try not to harp on it too much, but I like to take a few opportunities when I can to talk about this because it could affect you. And So five years ago today, June twenty third, twenty twenty, I had an operation to remove I still hate saying the word a cancer is tumor. They took out about eleven inches of my large intestine with it. So I had the big sea colon cancer, which is I have since found out is the second deadliest form of cancer. Nice. And here is why I'm hoping that me sharing this story with you today is going to help you not ever have to celebrate an anniversary like this. First of I'm going to say that my last set of blood work and all of that, I meet still meet with my oncologist every six months. Everything came back clear and he told me, Amy, you're basically cured, which was like the best news. So I'm very very fortunate. So here's where I screwed up, and that is you're supposed to get your screenings now, starting at forty five, because it's hitting people younger, so you're supposed to get the colonoscopy, which nobody wants to get to done. And when I talked to my doctor and they said, hey, Amy, it's time to get your screening, I said okay, and I didn't do anything about it. And I waited and I waited, and I kept going, oh, i'll do it this year. Oh I'll do it. Oh, oh yeah, I'll do it. No big deal. And then in March of twenty twenty, I started having these just nasty stomach cramps and they would last for like off and on for like, I don't know, eight ten twelve hours, and then it would be followed by eight ten twelve hours of throwing up. So basically the tumor had gotten to the point where it was not a complete blockage, but it was obstructing enough that it basically shut down my system. And they said, hey, what's going on? Like everything couldn't work the way it was supposed to. And after the cramping then it would say, okay, well, if it can't go through the normal channels, it's got to come back up. And that's what was triggering the throwing up. So really weird, right, So we went and we tried to diagnose it, and I talked to doctors, and it all happened during COVID, which was an extra layer of interesting. But and we thought it was, you know, pancreatitis. We thought it was a food allergy, We thought it was a problem with my stomach. We thought it was all these different things and we didn't know, and we kind of process of elimination and I had these episodes like thirteen times, I think over the span of a couple of months. As we're trying to figure out what was wrong. We finally did an endoscopy. My gastroentrologist said, let's do an endoscopy. That's when they stick the tube down your throat and check out your stomach and he goes, oh, and have you ever had a colonoscopy? And I'm like no, and he goes, oh, well, let's do that at the same time. So we did. We did them both, and that's when they discovered that there was an issue. And I woke up from my colonoscopy, which was again it's the best nap of your life. The prep is no fun. But I woke up from that they said we found something. We got to get it out. And that started the process and like a couple of weeks later, I was in surgery, had it removed, and then did six months of chemotherapy as an insurance policy to make sure that they got everything, even though there were no signs that it had spread anywhere. But so then I got to do a surgery, I got to spend a week in the hospital, and then I got six months of chemo. So again, it was June twenty third of twenty twenty, and I am so thankful that it is now five years later. But I got to tell you, go get your stupid colonoscopy. Nobody wants them. It's not fun. The prep is not fun, but it's not that big of a deal. And it's a day out of your life. And it literally can save your life because if they had caught it earlier, they could have taken care of it and just snipped it out. Because I said to the doctor, Hey, how long has this been there? And he said ten years, because it's very slow growing generally. And I said when did it turn bad? He said eighteen months ago. So if you catch it early, you can prevent it, you know, So do that. Please go. If you haven't done your colonoscopy, please go get it done now. It can literally save your life. It did save my life, but if I'd done it when I should have, I would have saved myself a lot. So anyway, that is my message and my rant and my plea to you. It's so so important. It literally can save your life. Okay, happy anniversary to me. Let's get on. Several US allies are urging a return to the Negotia aiding table after the weekend airstrikes on Iran, while saying that talks are desirable. Leaders in the UK and European Union countries are also noting that Iran's nuclear program is a threat. At the same time, some countries and groups in the Middle East, including those that support Iran, have condemned the attacks, but are also urging de escalation. Iran says it reserves the right to resist with full force. Some analysts and experts on the Middle East believed that while President Trump authorized the strikes, it was Israel's Prime minister who convinced him to do it. Executive director of the Arms Control Association Darryl Kimball says the strikes came in the middle of diplomatic negotiations with Iran and just days after Israel launched its own attack.
Speaker 3: I think the strike was in part designed, yes to knock back Iran's nuclear capabilities, but also to sabotage these talks.
Speaker 1: Defense Secretary Pete Hegsas says it was in the works for weeks and took a great deal of planning, precision, and secrecy. A man's been hit and killed by an SUV on the ninety Freeway near Marina del Ray. Police say the crash happened about two am Sunday on the eastbound side of the freeway near the Sentinella exit. A body has been found along a roadway and actin. The body was discovered shortly before one am yesterday on Sea or A Highway. Police say the person had been hit several times by vehicles. The victim's vehicle was found parked on the shoulder about a half mile away from where the body was found. And a man has been killed when he was hit by at least three cars on a busy street in Long Beach. Happened around nine thirty Saturday night on Ocean Boulevard at ninth. Two of the drivers left the scene. Police say speed and distracted driving may have been contributing factors in the deadly crash. Tesla has rolled out its version of Robotaxi.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk's company launching its long awaited self driving taxi service in Austin, Texas, offering rides to a select group. The cost a flat rate of four dollars and twenty cents per ride.
Speaker 1: ABC's Andrew Dinbert says while they're technically driverless, each car does still have a safety monitor. That's a Tesla employee writing in the passenger seat and strawberries may beef up your brain. A study from San Diego State says that while eating four strawberries a day could improve your cognitive skills or not wild but just eating four strawberries a day could improve your cognitive skills. Researchers say the strawberries also helped lower blood pressure and increased disease fighting antioxidants in the blood. Study participants also noted a waste weight loss of one percent. That's not very much, but any little bit helps right. California Congressman Mike Thompson has called on House Speaker Johnson to reconvene the US House of Representatives so members can get briefed immediately on the evolving situation in the Middle East. Several members of Congress it was unconstitutional for the President to order an attack on Iranian nuclear sites without the approval of Congress. Eight people have been arrested for several retail thefts in a sting operation in Ventura County. The Sheriff's Department says the people arrested rain from between sixteen to forty years old. Sheriff's officials say they found nearly six thousand dollars worth of stolen property along with burglary tools. How to Train Your Dragon has swooped in and beat two other movie debuts, earning thirty seven million dollars in its opening or second weekend in theaters. The post apocalyptic zombie movie twenty eight Years Later opened in second and l e O. Pixar's movie about a boy who wants to be abducted by aliens open in third place, but it earned just twenty one million dollars. It was the worst opening ever for a Pixar movie. Okay, so we've been talking about the Iron Dome quite a bit. Obviously today we're talking more about Bunker Busters and the B twos from the attack on the Iranian nuclear facilities, but we've been talking about with Jordana Miller and others in Israel and how they have to run into shelters when they get these sirens and they get the notifications that there are missiles incoming from Iran, and it literally has saved thousands and thousands of lives because a lot of the like most of the missiles that are aimed at Israel are intercepted by what is called the Iron Dome. And I was like, well, how does it work? And so is doom scrolling the other day, and I saw on Instagram this guy who gave a great little short explanation of it, and I wanted to share it with you.
Speaker 6: The Iron Dome is designed to detect, track, and neutralize incoming threats within seconds. When a rocket is launched toward Israel, a radar array picks it up almost immediately, in less than a blink. On board computers calculate its trajectory to determine whether it's heading for a populated area. If it's not, if it's going to land in an open field or the sea, the system ignores it entirely. That's not a bug, it's by design. Firing interceptors is expensive, and the Dome is programmed to conserve them unless human lives are at risk. But when the system does engage, it launches interceptor missiles called Ta mirror missiles at speeds reaching mock two point two, which is over one seven hundred miles per hour, more than twice the speed of sound. These missiles don't even need to hit their targets directly. They detonate near incoming rockets and shred them mid air using a blast of metal fragments. Since its deployment in twenty eleven. The Iron Dome has intercepted over five thousand rockets with an astonishing ninety percent success rate, making it one of the most advanced short range defense systems on the planet. But this recent Iranian attack was different. It wasn't just a few rockets, it was hundreds launched in strategic waves. And it wasn't just rockets. Iran used a mix of drones, cruise missiles, and even ballistic missiles. The goal was to overwhelm the system's capacity. Even with help from US interceptors and other allied support, some of these weapons made it through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty it's pretty impressive how it continues to intercept those bumps. And Jordana said that something got through on Saturday, a few hours after the US attack on the nuclear facilities, and there were several people injured, and the damage is just crazy when they do get through, but very cool. The Iron done system, as you know, what's going on in Iran affects the whole world, and everybody's talking about it, trying to figure out what's next, and it's even affecting the stock markets. So let's get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho and find out how the stock markets are being affected by what happened over the weekend. Yes, good morning.
Speaker 8: Well it's funny because it seems that Wall Street it's a bit unphased by some of these strikes. And this report is sponsored by Total Wine and more so, as I'm looking across the markets right now, there's a degree of calm that usually doesn't happen when we have a major geopolitical escalation that has taken place. So right now stocks are holding steady Dow futures, little change US in P futures.
Speaker 1: Same goes for that, and.
Speaker 8: We have to keep in mind the S and P five hundred is still only about three percent below it's all time high in February. But there has been a lot to focus on, especially for the fact that this region is so focused on oil, and this is what the markets are looking at closely today.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then as we just mentioned kind of it seems like everything affects the markets. And right now there's no deal between Iran and the US, and President Trump is saying there's got to be. Iran's not really signaling that they want to talk. But how could that affect the financial markets?
Speaker 8: See right now, everybody's looking at what's happening with the price of oil. We're seeing small gains, rising to seventy four dollars a barrel, but all of this could change if Iran manages to close the Straight of Horn Moves that is a key oil shipping lane. Yesterday we were looking at seventy eight dollars a barrel for oil. But traders are saying, hey, let's take a breath here, because there hasn't been any signs of disruption to the flow of crude in that region. And you have to think about it. That oil has risen more than twelve percent since the onset of the Israel Ron conflict. That's a nice little chunk, but not too too bad. But any disruption through the Strait of Horror Moves could mean a spike in energy prices. That could also mean higher inflation. But any significant increase in the price of oil or disturbance to trade trade is something else that we've been focusing on, caused by an escalation of the conflict. That could act as a break on the economy. And what we really don't want within the United States is lower growth, higher inflation, and that kicks off that word stagflation.
Speaker 1: We definitely don't want that to happen. Okay, well, we'll be watching. We get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho like we do every day, looking forward to our next discussion. We'll see how things shake out today. Definitely see you later, all right, thanks Courtney. La Mayor Bass says the city is closely monitoring for any threats to La following the US attack on nuclear facilities Saturday. The mayor and La County Sheriff Luna both say there are no known credible threats, but that out of extra precaution, they are stepping up patrols around places of worship and other sensitive locations. Security guards and a parishioner have stopped a potential mass shooting outside of church in Michigan. The police chief, Ryan Strong says a man with a rifle and a handgun got out of his car in front of Cross Point Community Church in Wayne yesterday. I started shooting. He was wearing a tactical vest. A parishioner hit the man with his car and then was shot by at least two security guards. Six teenagers have been injured in a shooting in a parking lot in Moreno Valley happened Saturday nights. Five of the six were taken to hospitals, all of them in critical condition. The sixth person shot drove themselves to the hospital. Let's say now, good morning to ABC's Chris Bachia. Chris, the US carrier carried out Operation Midnight Hammer Saturday afternoon, which was Sunday morning in the Middle East. Walk us through a little bit about what happened, and then what US officials said about it during that Sunday morning press briefing.
Speaker 3: Good morning, yes, Well, the Pentagon officials who briefed the media yesterday gave us a sense of how that looked. And while seven B two bombers went eastward toward Iran, six of them went westward toward Guam, which was a bit of a head fake, and it got people thinking because those B two stealth bombers kept their transponders on. So folks who track these sorts of things saw them headed west and said, what's happening there? Perhaps they're going to be staging at Guam. Meanwhile, those flights were headed eastward. Those were more than thirty hour flights round trip from Iran and back to Missouri. They are now safely back at American soil where they came from. And one hundred and twenty five aircraft were involved in this, between the seven stealth bombers that actually dropped the ordinances, and the escorts and the refuelers involved along the way. It was a massive operation. The Pentagon says it was a big success. Secretary Pete Hegseth said the nuclear sites were severely damaged. President Trump said they were quote obliterated. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the top military uniform official, said it's too early to tell, way too early to tell, in fact, to do a battle damage assessment, but he did say that this was a success, that these nuclear sites, the three of them, sustained significant damage.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Chris, now can you tell us a little bit more about the actual operation. So we know that some of the B two's were headed to Guam as a decoy basically, and then there were six that went to Iran.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's actually the reverse. I think the big six toward Guam and seven toward Iran. Soeen exactly right, and fourteen Massive ordnance penetrators are the names of the bomb. They're they're they're colloquially known as the Mother of All bombs because they're thirty thousand pounds and only the US has them, and only the US have the aircraft that can carry them. And that's why Israel was appealing to the US. We don't know that necessarily in any direct way, but certainly Israel would have welcomed the US attack, not something that they could have done. So to get those ordinances deep into the ground. There some three hundred feet under Fodah, which is the fortified nuclear site underneath a mountain. Now you can see from the satellite imagery six punctures that show massive holes in the ground where the bombs drop. But it's just hard to know at this point what damage they actually did underground and to the nuclear facility, to the centrifuges that were enriching uranium.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then Chris, they had fourteen of the bunker busting bombs, right, So did they make they had the seven planes, did they make two passes or did they they drop them like you know, drop one, drop the next one or do you know how that works?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, so my understanding is that in four dough they dropped two of them and that one of the the So there were two passes over four dough which is the very fortified one that I just mentioned. Now, the other nuclear site, Natans, was also hy but but one pass in that in that case, and then the third site is found is above ground facilities. Those weren't hit with the bunker busters because there wasn't underground facilities to hit. In that case, it was actually Tomahawk missiles fired from submarine. So so this was a multifaceted attack, and and those submarines were actually those those missiles from the submarine were actually launched before the B two bombers flew over their their sites. And it was all done in a in a synchronized, coordinated way. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then on some of the news shows which I've been watching obsessively since this all happened, there were there has been some talk of some trucks outside the nuclear facilities. Do we know if Iran was able to get some of the uranium out or is it all just speculation until we can do more intel and find out what kind of damage was done.
Speaker 3: At this point, we don't know, but it certainly would be plausible that they would try to do that at anticipation of a potential attack on their sites. Now, those satellite images showing the cargo trucks, some fourteen of them outside of four Doah, the entrances would suggest that perhaps the Iranians decided to transport some of the fissile materials, some of the enriched uranium out of that area. Now. JD Vance, the Vice President, on our program on Sunday, suggested that Iran knows where that is, or at least is in possession of the enriched uranium, suggesting that it wasn't destroyed in the attack, that it's not at this point underneath rubble, because he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that this is something the US will discuss with a ron in the coming days and weeks what to do with that uranium. Now we know there's almost nine hundred pounds of it, and we know that it was enriched at a high level, close to weapons grade, so it certainly will be a concern. The IAEA, which is the authority on this, the UN Watchdog, also says at this point it doesn't know where that uranium is.
Speaker 1: Okay. Chris Baccia with ABC News and at the Pentagon appreciate the information and the insight. Take care, Yes, you too, Thank you. Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour news room. California Democrats have condemned President Trump's decision to bomb it Runs nuclear facilities. Senator Adam Schiff on CNN's State of the Union said, this is an operation that should have never been authorized by the president.
Speaker 7: In the absence of intelligence showing that iron had made the decision to break out and build a bomb. The intelligence I've seen, and it's been limited, indicates that Iran had certainly enriched uranium, but had not made the decision to build a bomb.
Speaker 1: Shift says the president should have gotten congressional approval.
Speaker 7: But there's a reason to bring this to Congress, and it is you want the Congress bought in. You want the American people bought in on an action this substantial that could lead to a major outbreak of war.
Speaker 1: Iran's Foreign minister has headed to Moscow for what are being called urgent talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin following the US air strikes. The foreign ministers is Russia and Iran have a strategic partnership and always consult with each other as close allies. The Kremlin has helped Iran with its civilian nuclear program in exchange for supplying Russia with military drones for its war in Ukraine. The Compton Cowboys have led a horseback ride from Paramount to Compton City Hall to protest immigration enforcement across southern California. The ride yesterday began where federal agents clashed with demonstrators earlier this month. Organizers like Hector Mercado told KTLA the fear in students is growing and urged locals to take a stand.
Speaker 5: You can see the fear in this cam.
Speaker 9: There are the uncertainty of.
Speaker 6: What's going to happen tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Am I going to lose my parents?
Speaker 6: We're directly impacted, by hope, by this immigration situation.
Speaker 1: It's kind of to the point where you know, just by the color of your skin, you're getting picked up. Writers and community leaders called for solidarity between black and brown communities. A new scam has scammers post opposing is law enforcement threatening you with arrest if you don't pay a jury duty citation. There's been a recent spike in at least ten states, and Judge Douglas Cole is with the Southern District of Ohio where it's been happening.
Speaker 9: The first contact from the court is always going to be mailed. But again the key point is they're never going to call and ask you for money or tell you, hey, we need you to pay this to make this arrest warr go away, or something like that.
Speaker 1: Officially say this scam is also happening in California, and an Altadena family who lost their home and the Eaten fires now competing on America's Got Talent.
Speaker 4: The Ben family has lived in Altadena for generations, making music and a home, and all one hundred or so family members lost everything in the Eton fire. Now, Lauren Ben says six of them came together to form the Ben Family Band and hopefully get a shot at rebuilding their lives one note.
Speaker 1: At a time. Will this is the right time?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 4: Laurie Ben says, AGT is away for their family to heal.
Speaker 5: Many times. Out of the ashes, will come beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: Fans think they might get the Golden buzzer. You can see what the judges think on Tuesday's episode of AGT. Heather Brooker KFI News.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I need to watch america'scut talent again. This is KFI and kost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County, live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom for producer and the Birthday Girl and technical producer Cono, also traffic specialist Will I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call. If you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.