Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Welcome to another edition of Let's Get Biblical with your host, a man formerly in the world of entertainment as a stand up comedian and actor, and now turned evangelist for Christ.
Speaker 2: Here he is your host, my host, our host, Katie. What's going on? Guys, Welcome to another edition of them Let's Get Biblical right here on your favorite podcasting platform, whether it's Spreaker, Spotify, Apple, iTunes, and more. We welcome in you in. If you're a non believer, atheist, or a long time believer of faith, carrying that beautiful white haired wisdom all over your chin, will say, come on in. We have a phrase for you, and that phrase is we dare you. We dare you to develop your faith, grow your faith, and acknowledge your faith through the hopes of testimony, transparency, and transformation by using the good old scriptures from the bi bl e the Basic Constructions before Leaving Earth manual we call the Bible, and we do it in a fun way. From time to time we bring you topics that invade your world, my world, and the collective world around us. It's like sitting down at a dinner table, maybe a campfire. We're sharing testimonies and stories about our lives. That's what the Bible's all about, and it helps transform our lives as well. And in this episode today I wanted to touch on something we just missed, and that's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: Right, We tend to think that the Old Testament God is not loving, he's not caring, he's judgmental, he's stern. He brought fire and rain, and he brought down fire on Sodom and Goamoor in floods, and he's just a bad man. Well guess what God is, not who you think he is. That's coming up in this episode of Let's Get Biblical, But be first, we've got to get some house cleaning out of the way. Please make sure you go like our YouTube page. Let's Get Biblical with Kdie. We have some fun over there. We have some fun memes and shorts over there, and we're also going to be bringing you some shows over there as well, some more sermons, some short sermons. Go over there and support us as well. Some changes are coming to this podcast too. We're going to be doing more of our faith breaks, which are more designed to give you quick little faith breaks throughout your week, ten minutes sermons from here and there in a fun, unique way, and coming up over the next couple weeks. Starting next week, we're going to have a couple new series on this show. We're going to bring you Bible Verse Breakdown, where we take a Bible Verse, break it down and wrap it around the world around us, kind of like what we do now, but we're only gonna take one piece of scripture and use it in our world that's going on in front of us today. Then we're also gonna do Music Verse Breakdown. Will take some good old gospel music you may not have heard of, Zach Williams, Chris Tomlin, even the likes of Forrest Frank. Listen to one of their songs or two of their songs, enjoy the warship music, and then we're gonna break down what it means in my life, in your life, in the world around us. So don't miss Bible Verse Breakdown and Music Verse Breakdown coming up over the next couple weeks. Here on, let's get biblical with KD. But let's get into the show today. I have been really thinking about how a lot of people, including myself, before I came to Christ viewed God. How do you view God? If you're a non believer, I can tell you what you think right off the bat, and yes I can. I am like miss Cleo back in the days where you call that one eight hundred number and she can tell you your fortune and fame and all that. Yeah, I can tell you how exactly how you were or what you think about God. You also kind of lump Jesus into that format. See, we tend to take God from the Old Testament and look at him as this old man sitting on a hill and basically telling us what to do and not to do, kind of like maybe our earthly father, maybe somebody in your life that is a leader that you look at that way, that that's all they're therefore, and you've maybe never seen them show you love or grace or empathy, not even a hug. But then when you flip the pages and you go into the New Testament, we learn about this man named Jesus who is all about love, because the greatest commendment of all is what love. We say that each and every week here on the show. So there's two different gods, it seems like, right, But remember they're three and one. Remember they're three and one. The God, the Father, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus all together, all in one for God's send his only begotten son in human form down here to go through these things that he went through, so we could actually see what it was like for a human to be persecuted for something he believed in. Nobody believed God and what he was doing in the Old Testament. You're wondering when I'm talking about old time heads, right, You're like, Oh, people believed, yes, a select few. There was a reason why God sent a flood on this earth. There's a reason why he went to Sodom and Gomorrah and released fire down upon Sodom and Gomorrah. Sodom and gomor was doing things that we see today in this world. A lot of shake into that dairy air, and we see a lot of that sexuality out there, where men are with men, women are with with women, some are dressing up as the others. This happened in the Bible. And for you non believers out there, I want to give you another phrase that you've heard in your life that's not biblical. History repeats itself. History repeats itself from Wars to stories, to famine, to the trends we see today such as sodom and gomorrah. We see it all the time. Go watch some of your entertainment out there. Go watch Sabrina Carpenter, sorry, pardon my French, half assed and out there shaking it for your young children, showing them that it's okay to be that sensual and sexual. Is it? Is it? Because your child's fourteen? Then you wonder why certain things happen because they're out there scantily clad saying it's okay, Sabrina Carpenter, does it? We see the way certain people act in society. I was brought up during the times of NWA two Live crew, and we still see that happening today. And guess what. That stuff messed up my life because I did not know God then I knew of something. I knew there was something out there, but I was like, ah, yolo, though, man, you only live once. No, you can live forever, because that's what God wants you to do, to be with Him in the Kingdom of Heaven one day, and all you have to do is repent. Now, before we get into that part of the show, I just want you to know that history repeats itself. Sodom and Gomorah was the same way. There was a lot of bad things going on in the times of Noah, and this is what the flood came through. What are you getting at, Katie? That shows right there that God, the God of the Old Testament, didn't care, showed no love, showed no respect. Well, if you read further, the Israelites, for many many years, man would say, we love you. God came here, Oh, yes, thank you for saving us, showing a salvation. We are coming to the Promised Land. And then they screw it up. They screw it up again, and then God has to do something else, and then they mess it up again, and they mess it up again, and they mess it up again. This has been happening since Adam and Eve. Oh what, Katie, huh? We all mess up every day, every second, every hour. But do you show yourself any grace for that? I have a hard time sometimes when I mess up. It's hard for me to show myself grace. But man, I'm so thankful that there is a God in heaven that gives us grace and empathy, regardless of the one you read about in the Old Testament or the New Testament, the Old Testament. He continue to show us grace because we kept screwing up Adam and Eve, the times of Noah, the Israel lighte. Now, there were people in the Bible, such as Abraham and Moses, Noah that really were with God. And this is why they're a part of our lineage. There's still a part of our lineage today because there's something in you tugging at you, saying you're good enough, you're better enough, You're loved, You are loved regardless of it. This world shows you if you have a mother and father that don't show you love, there's somebody that loves you, and that's our father in heaven. And you're like, no, No, God, God showed all that hardcore stuff. He wiped the earth. He's gonna do it again one day. He is gonna do it one day. But he does it for a reason because the goodness in us, and when we repent to him, will be here to see that goodness, just like Noah was. Noah was here, started a whole new generation. Then we messed up again. Wars and famine and egos set in across the land. Slavery happened in Israel. The Israelites were taken. Their land was taken, but it's their land, you're right. And God tried to show them the goodness of that, but they would not listen. Oh, who's that sound like us? We human beings don't listen because we think we know it all. Oh who's that sound like? Hey, parents, every child that you've ever had to parent, am I correct out there? Absolutely right? You can laugh at that. Every child out there that don't listen, that's us. We're God's children. We don't listen, we disobey, we're disobedient, but He continues to show us grace and empathy and love throughout the whole Bible, including the Old Testament. Father's out there. The best way to break this down, are you ready? You have children and you continue to take a rod to their back, which you do as correction, but you also have to show grace, empathy and love. Sometimes we forget about that part.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Some of us were brought up with fathers that beat us. Some of us were throwing into closets, and you go, think about what you did, and they show that power that everybody thinks that God is about in the Old Testament. They think that's all he's about. Oh, he's a stern god sitting on a throne of judgment, that's all he is. And he's just gonna judge you. He's going to judge you one day. But in the Bible, he's trying to correct us, trying to show us the good to come to him. So, fathers, when you're continue to get in trouble on it irritates you, and you get mad and more mad, and you get loud and more louder. Does it work. It may for a moment like a band aid, right, you got a band aid on, they're scared of you. That's why it works. This is what people think of God and the Old Testament. They think when he yells or does something like a flood or something tragic, it's a band aid. They're like, okay, and then they go back to doing what they were doing. So this is why Jesus Christ was sent. Jesus was sent to show love, grace, empathy in the form of a human being. God said, you're not gonna listen to me, but you're gonna listen to the savior of the world, my only begotten son, Jesus. I know you will. It may not be right, then and there because you're gonna nail him to a cross. So you still don't believe. Okay, Well, the next time I see you, I'll be riding on a white horse casting out all the evil in the world. And the question is do you believe? Because if you don't. It even says in the Bible that every knee will bow when Jesus arrives. Do you think it's coincidence that you hear the phrase that every name will shudder in the name of Jesus. Non believers out there, have a have a have a question, have a Q and a session with a non believer, Bring up Jesus. See what happens. Just mention the name Jesus. Their demeanor changes. It does, doesn't it. You may be listening right now and being a non believer, and every time I say the word Jesus, that's where the demons shudder. And I'm not saying that you're a demon, but there may be spirits swelling around you right now trying to keep you from him. So every time you hear the word Jesus, it makes you feel uncomfortable, and maybe that's why you don't repent and go to him. But it should be the complete opposite. You should be going to him, going to that person with his arms wide open, a gop a love and love that we don't understand, such a great love that every time we mess up, there's somebody right there to hold us. Can you say that about somebody in your world right now? Even my mother and father? Many many times when I kept screwing up and I keep screwing up and I'm looking just for a hug, would I get that love?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not all the time. This is every time we mess up. Every time he's there, we turn to him and say, Lord, forgive me, wash me of my sins, and he'll do just that. But you has to continue to go after him to build your repentance and away from that sin. One of our favorite phrases on the show here is we all fall short of the glory of God Book of Romans. This is not a cop out to continue doing what you're doing that's sinful. It's to remind us that that agape love is there. His arms are open, just like with the Israelites, just like the people that were on earth that wouldn't listen, the ones that continued doing sinful things. Our God and the old Testament had to make a statement because his arms were open, but nobody was coming to him. But he showed grace by saving a few. So their word about our Father and Heaven can be continued today in twenty twenty six. The stories of Moses go on, the stories of Abron go on, the stories of Noah continued today, Jonah and Moore, the Bible is such a love letter to us, guys. And this is a perfect time to talk about this, because we just got done with Valentine's Day, where we're sending out letters. We're sending out cards, we're sending out things of love and affection to get affection back. But do you realize we can do that now with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and just say I love you so much, thank you for waking me every day. Something that simple puts a smile on his chest and a warmth in his heart, and then it radiates back into your life so you can give it to others. But no, we got to go buy cards and candy and jewelry to show I love you. It's not about that, and neither has Our God and the Old Testament. Our God and the Old Testament loves us so much and showed grace. Grace is all over the Bible in many verses. Ephesians chapter two eight through nine states four, by the grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. Notice it's not about you, it's about Him. It is a gift of God, not of works. It's not about what you do for God. Reason why we do the good works of God is because He's done so much for us. You may be sitting there right now and he hasn't done nothing for me. You still got breath on your lungs. He giveth, he can take it away. Be grateful for the thing in your life right now, which is life before you continue to be blessed with His love. I hope that makes sense. But again, Ephesians chapter two eight and nine says, for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. This verse emphasizes this salvation is a gift from God, not something we can earn through actions. Corinthians tewod Corinthians chapter twelve, verse nine. But he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, Oh his grace is there. We're the ones that rebel and push it away. For my power is made perfect in weakness. You're weak right now. You're weak, you're struggling. You don't know why you lost your job. You don't know why you're hitting the bottle. You don't know why you're hitting your wife. Wives, you don't know why you're cheating on your husband. You don't know why you're yelling at your kids. You're weak right now. We're weak as human beings. And the devil loves that. The devil loves to come on in and say, oh, see the weakness. Now, I'm going to try to break your family apart. If that was a human being coming into your house to break your family apart, men, would you allow it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Women would you allow it?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: This is why we need to take a stand. And God is right there waiting for us, us, waiting for us to tag him in as his tag team partner. But we're greedy, we're greedy human beings. We can do it all right. Second Corinthians, chapter twelve, verse nine. We finished that by saying, but he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made in perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. Boast in weakness, Lord, I am weak. Drop to your knees, cry, pound the floor, throw that bottle off the wall that you don't need to put into your system anymore. Be weak to him. Excuse me. And some of you may not know how to be weak, because we're brought up in a world where we're tough and strong, and you need to do it on your own, and only you can do what you want to.
Speaker 3: Do really.
Speaker 2: Well. There's a reason why you hit that glass ceiling in life, career, romance relationships, because you think you're doing it on your own. We'll close with Titus chapter two, verse eleven, For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people. The verse highlights the universal nature of God's grace available to everyone. God showed grace right from the beginning. God showed grace in the Bible. God showed it in the Old Testament, and then brought Jesus Christ to just come along and show love empathy. Now did Jesus show signs that he was human? We always bring this up. He does turn those tables in a tabernacle, showing that you can get upset. Okay, there's not anything wrong with getting angry or upset, but resting in that anger and being upset and depressed, that's where the enemy wants you, not where Jesus Christ wants you. So just remember the same God of the Old Testament. It's the same God in the New Testament, and it's the same God that will reign forever one day. But the question is are you going to heaven? Do you know you're going to heaven? Have you shown grace to yourself? Have you shown yourself grace to the Lord? Today? Seek salvation? Find someone and say listen, I don't know if I'm going to heaven. I heard this guy on a podcast say listen, I don't know if I'm going to heaven. I need help. Well, if that's you, right now, let's pray real quick. We'll close with Chris Tomlin's amazing grace because God shows that grace and love from the Old Testament from the beginning. He's not who you think he is, that mean old man sitting on a throne. No, he is love, empathy, grace, power, He's everything we need. But if you don't have that in your life right now, and you want to come. You want to know what it's about. Just close your eyes, lift your hands, turn those palms to the sky. You may never have a prayed and it's okay. I got you. Just repeat after me. Dear God, I come to you in the precious name of Jesus. Thank you for this day. Thank you for I allow me to find this podcast. Thank you for the little things that I overlook. Dear God, I can't do this on my own anymore. I need your help. I need you to save me. I believe that you were man, that you had died, and that you rose again on a third day for my victory and yours. Dear Lord, wash away my sins. Make me new again. I need you allow me to be your servant. Cast away those fears and sins. Today, Lord make me new. Please. I love you and Amen. Now that you've knocked on that door that's always been open for you, guess what, it's just going to get a little bigger. And he's right there waiting for you. Pick up the Bible, start to read, and just remember you need to continue to show yourself a little grace because our Father in the Old Testament. Did that just for us. He showed us grace. We'll see you next week on the show. Guys. Here's the greatest version of amazing grace, Chris Tomlin, God, bless you amen.
Speaker 4: See a rage like me.
Speaker 1: I was lost, but now.
Speaker 4: Fat was blood. But now as seen twas grace. That's all mad to fit agrace.
Speaker 5: My feet rely.
Speaker 4: Have raciousted that grace appeared the affirt believed machades art.
Speaker 5: I've been said, my got my safe, or has ransom.
Speaker 3: And lack of flood.
Speaker 4: His mercy gret.
Speaker 6: On ending love.
Speaker 4: A basic grace. Flood has promised good to me, his word my hope secured.
Speaker 2: He my shatter and.
Speaker 3: Shoot me.
Speaker 6: As long as I indu.
Speaker 5: But she had talked, I've been sent free my god, my sack your strandsome.
Speaker 3: For me, and lack.
Speaker 5: Of its mercy on ending flood.
Speaker 1: A base, but shame.
Speaker 3: I have been said, I back and my sad reto taking back of.
Speaker 4: Raised ending love.
Speaker 3: Basic green.
Speaker 6: The earth shout soon dissolved like snow the sun for bed shin.
Speaker 2: But God, who call me.
Speaker 3: Blow will be for a man, will be for