Speaker 1: One oh one w jr R, Orlando's rock station Lynch and Taco. Good morning. It is Thursday. That means time for teket out some of the latest tech news. It is brought you by or pick your ticket Thursday happening on the jar R Instagram at one O one one w j r R.
Speaker 2: Yes, certain JRR shows that you may want to go to where you can go for free if you win them and you pick which one you want, hence pick your ticket. If you're not following us again, it's at one O one one w j r R.
Speaker 1: All right. Obviously, the Super Bowl is Sunday evening, dar Lands. We've talked about all the you know, side stories, the actual game itself, the participants, but when it comes to the viewing experience, that's, you know, really what matters at the end. You want to make sure that whoever's uh showing the game, you've you've got the reliable reception and picture and presentation going on, or well, things kind of will fall flat on their face if you're looking for the best you can get. The game will be captured in ten adp h d R high dynamic range by Fox and then upscaled to four K for its own networks. You can if you have the proper equipment, enjoy that via the free to be live stream or the Fox Sports app also offering that upscaled ten ADP hd R to four K. And then if you're a Comcast customer, they will be providing the feed as well, UH with Dolby Vision and Dolby atmost for the sound wise, that's the you know, fully enveloped sounds, kind of sound like you're inside the stadium. Who is some of the tech side of things there for those of you who have that type of equipment that can unlock that experience.
Speaker 2: And tech wise with the Super Bowl, we talked about it the other day. This is the time of year that's TVs are on sale. Will listen. Don't be the person who goes and buys a TV and then returns it after the Super Bowl. Don't do that. It's just it's kind of a dick move. I'm sorry, And if you've done it, I get it, but just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd have the balls do that.
Speaker 2: To be honest with me, we talk about each hero. I wouldn't either walking in with the TV as soon as you're getting that return lit everybody's looking at Oh really.
Speaker 1: So Nos historically have made some pretty good speaker equipment and you know, wireless speakers and whatnot and stuff for home theater, and they've mainly focused on the audio side of things. Sounds like they're getting ready to jump into their next big venture, a streaming device. It's gonna be on the pricey side of things, too, predicted to come to market and costs between two and four hundred dollars, which is actually that is mind boggling considering the cost of streaming devices these days for as little as you know, nineteen ninety nine in some cases right when they're on sale. Granted, Sonos is going to bring all the bells and whistles to it when it rolls out this right now, it just has a code name Development of pine Wood. It'll be an and Android based streaming device. They're looking to compete with the higher end streaming devices from Apple TV four K, Navidia Shield, and the Roku Ultra. You know, that's great and if that's what you're into, that's fine, if you don't mind paying for that. They also are said to be looking to combine content from numerous platforms into one interface including Netflix, Max Disney Plus under one single, unified software experience. So you know, again, this is in the future. For Sonos, which has had a rough go of it the past year or so. Their mobile app really was a flop, and then they had some new new offerings, it really kind of flopped as well.
Speaker 2: And this screams flopped to me telling it's.
Speaker 1: Too expensive, Yeah, too expensive.
Speaker 2: When you have the way that things are price wise, this grocery store, we could beat that dead horse forever, but all the things price wise, and then you're gonna say, ooh, you know what instead of the nineteen ninety nine stick, let's go ahead and do.
Speaker 1: This for four Now you literally can get all the functionality you need, even for you know, any type of surround or coding capabilities for under fifty bucks. Now, yes, again, I'm with you on that. I don't know why you'd spend four hundred if you don't have to. Boeing announcing this week that it has lost uh now two billion dollars on its star Liner project. They're remaining kind of silent on the future of the star Liner. Of course, that's been in the news so much because that's what those two astronauts rode up to the International Space Station and then found that they've got an extended stay thanks to the mishaps and things going sideways with that capsule.
Speaker 2: Did they come home yet? It was supposed to be in February.
Speaker 1: No, they're gonna it's March, and it's going to be on a SpaceX capsule, the two billion dollars down the tubes. Speaking of SpaceX, of course, that's run by Elon Musk. If you haven't noticed yet, Elon is now the new boogeyman to the swamp people. They don't like that Elon and his Doge boys are looking under the hood and exposing all sorts of fraud and bloats and uh just beautiful, just uh yeah, that's what voters said. They've wanted done for years and voted for it this year, and now it's happening, and the status quo has been upset in DC and now they are literally beside themselves in some cases that in hont less, did guy like Musk would be able to do something like this with his young team of hot shots? For that sets their new target. They got a guy who's as young as nineteen working in doge. Really, some like whiz Kid and the rest of them are like all in their twenties.
Speaker 2: And now I know that there's the whole group of people that hate Musk. He's the He's the face to either they hate or they love it, right right right. I do want you to realize every time that these bills and stuff are passed in the in the past, they kram it with a whole bunch of pork or fat for those that don't know. And then even they kram it with all this extra crap that caused us the taxpayer a buttload of money. So if they're going to trim that fat and save us the taxpayer, do this.
Speaker 1: We're what into the third week of the new administration, and they're just scratching the surface on some of this insane spa paying or spending that has been exposed. And you said it, that's our money. That's just you know, no matter what party you're with, yeah, it's your money that this being screwed with. So bring that party to an end. I'm all for it, man. Finally, there's this robot callers posing as employees of the Federal Communications Commission made a bit of a mistake. Their robocall scam reached real employees of the FCC.
Speaker 2: I knew you were going to say it. That is beautiful.
Speaker 1: This is one of those you know, I'm so and so from the FCC, and we've got a situation where you're going to face a fine and uh, we need social we need the gift cards. Yeah, gift card deal there.
Speaker 2: So otherwise all your devices are locked up. So did the FCC.
Speaker 1: Just the FCC was able to track down the company that was responsible for the robot calls and they're now facing four point five million dollars in fines for improper use of telecom provider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, FCC, stick to that, not nipples at Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'd be concerned with that for a while.
Speaker 2: We love the FCC, right talking chains and face of radio, of course they're the best. Yeah, anywhere nears, I just don't bring it up.
Speaker 1: Period. It's like the building across the street, the I R s BI, we know nothing. All right, that's some of your tech news for this week. How about Lynchin Tako's commercial free workday rock Locker Getting that put together right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna fire off right round eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: You got it, Let's get you over to the traffic center. Help get you to wear your headed this morning. Sure he's been my forehead of ungy. Are our