Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Bell and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Donna.
Speaker 3: KOAM ninety one FM, sad Way.
Speaker 4: The Nicey's through three by Connell Keeping in the Rig SAT Day.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the first hour of a three hour program.
Speaker 6: It is Tuesday. I am Mandy.
Speaker 5: That guy in the producer seat today, that's Grant Smith in for a Roddy was doing our incredibly good coverage of training camp that you can see on all of our social media platforms at KOA, Colorado. He's really posting some cool stuff, including Ross trying to Would you try to What do you want to do?
Speaker 6: You want to catch him football? You want to cat from the machine? Yeah? From the machine those The ball comes out of that machine so fast.
Speaker 5: Have you ever gone to the NFL experience before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No, they have.
Speaker 6: You can do that there?
Speaker 7: Have you done it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done it multiple Did you catch it? I did catch the ball, but I was not successful in the speed portion where you have to go through kind of an obstacle course to get to where the pass is coming.
Speaker 6: I caught the pass once I was there, but I was a little slower than the other guy.
Speaker 7: I was just watching a receiver on the sidelines near the end of practice the other day, just catching the ball froming out of the machine.
Speaker 6: And it's not slow. No, it's got quite an arm on it. Now, I'd like to just note one other thing.
Speaker 7: Who do you think is a better mustache the Broncos new Australian punter or producer Grant?
Speaker 6: Grant's is a pretty good stash. Yeah, but it's not as bushy as the as the punter. Yeah, what do you think Grant? I thought, I'm going to give it to the new Denver punter. Wow, I like that guy.
Speaker 5: Like, if you ask the new Denver punter that question, you'd be like, that's not a mustache.
Speaker 6: This is a mustache. Nice, exactly nice.
Speaker 5: This little crock Dundee throw it back right there. Why is Ross in the studio with me? Other than the fact that we're pals, Well, funny you should ask ross Is. Also, I'm gonna put my pinky out as I have my coffee, as like.
Speaker 4: Rollis is now a fellow at the Common Sense Institute, which means they've hired him for his brain.
Speaker 6: Certainly not his looks. Is it okay to put up a pinky with coffee? I mean, I get it.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 5: I couldn't do it with my coffee, I was I didn't want to spill on myself. So yeah, I pinkied out, but I was struggling to actually consume the coffee there on that one. Yeah, I'm not a pinky out person apparently. Anyway, Ross and two other experts from the Common Sense Institutrik gam and Sergio yuckez Caro did a new policy paper on Colorado health policy at a Crossroads. They say, growth, costs and Consequences. Now, we're gonna do the blog in eight minutes because Ross has to go in eight minutes. And Ross said to me via text message, this is a pretty dense topic. I'm afraid it won't be interesting. And I said, shame, shame, Ross. We can make anything interesting.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, let's try. Let's talk about this because it is a dense topic.
Speaker 5: But the reason this is so important is because healthcare spending consumes the largest chunk of the Colorado budget period. Like, that's why this matters. So what did you guys discover? Give me the thumbnail sketch the elevator speech, if you will.
Speaker 7: Okay, So the thumbnail is, and this probably won't surprise anybody listening to your show or mine that in the last six years or so, there have been one hundred and eighty two new bills coming out of our state legislature about healthcare, and more than a third of them expand and state healthcare services or add new regulation.
Speaker 6: Stuff like this.
Speaker 7: So, right, not surprisingly with the Democrat government, right, it just keeps growing and growing and growing.
Speaker 6: But there's a couple of big problems.
Speaker 7: So one is when they did the expansion after Obamacare, more people joined than so that's a cost to government. And then in the short term, and this is really the big thing for now, this well, let me say there's two things. The expansion of the cost of Medicare, even without the Big Beautiful Bill, is putting a big squeeze on our state budget. As you said, it's an enormous thing. And the cost of healthcare is going up and the number of people on it and are going up. And so even already before the Big Beautiful Bill, the legislators were having to go find ways to cut the state budget in order to not cut Medicaid and they may come back in the special session if there is one, and do it again, and then the Big Beautiful Bill is going to massively reduce the amount of federal dollars coming to Colorado, although not right away. Most provisions are the Big Beautiful Bill that relate to Medicaid don't even start until twenty eight and those will be the relatively smaller ones, and then the huge ones are a couple of years later.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing about this for me is that we cover far too many people in our Medicaid program. We cover illegal immigrants, we cover people who are a eble bodied and don't have children.
Speaker 6: This is well beyond the scope of.
Speaker 5: The Medicaid program, and yet we have people who seem very invested in making sure that no cuts to any of those groups occurs. This is the classic scare tactic. If you vote for that guy, he's going to take away your Medicaid benefits.
Speaker 6: But the reality is they we can't afford this.
Speaker 5: We just can't afford it, so something's got to be done. I mean, what's the bottom line here, Do you guys just point out the growth or do you make any hard suggestions?
Speaker 7: Well, a little of both, So we cover to me, this is a shocking number, but about twenty percent of the population of Colorado was on Medicare.
Speaker 5: Nineteen point two. Yeah, I read the paper, right, Okay, so that nineteen percent number was the number at the end of last year. Right now it's even a little higher. So it's around twenty or twenty point two.
Speaker 7: Now it's drifted up. We used end of twenty twenty four data in the paper.
Speaker 6: Do you know what the poverty rate here in Colorado is? I don't. In twenty twenty two is nine point three percent. Right, So this is supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be healthcare for the poor, right and people who are destitute who don't have any other options.
Speaker 7: And so by definition under Obamacare, the under the Obamacare Medicaid expansion, they said you can get into this if.
Speaker 6: You are at one hundred and thirty thirty eight percent.
Speaker 7: So they're bringing in all these people, and then, like you said, they're bringing in able bodied people of working age.
Speaker 6: Who don't have children. It's all pretty infuriating.
Speaker 7: There are actually lots of states that have a higher percentage of their population on Medicaid than we do. But per employee, we spend more than not employee, per enroll lye, we spend more than average. And in general, the states that did Medicare expansion under Obamacare are spending not just more because they added more people, but they're spending twenty three percent more per enrollee than the states that didn't do the expansion. So to answer your question, what can we do to reduce the cost of you can, well, there is oh, go ahead, no go ahead, I'll just real quick.
Speaker 6: You can reduce the number of people who qualify for Medicaid.
Speaker 7: You can reduce which kinds of medical treatments Medicaid will pay for.
Speaker 6: You can reduce the amount of money you pay the doctor for various treatments.
Speaker 7: And smarter people than I and people with political motivations as well as economic ones, are going to be making those decisions.
Speaker 5: I would love to see the federal government go to a block grant for Medicaid. I think that they should look at the last five years of spending, last ten years, whatever average it out per person, and say, here is your seventy five million dollars, seventy five billion dollars, whatever it is. That's your Medicaid money, Colorado, and that's what you get to spend if you want to see efficiencies in the system. You have to limit the federal input because right now it's just a slush fund. They tack on all these stupid hospital provider fees that I think were just killed in the big beautiful bill, or at least limited or limited, and they created this Medicaid sort of circular billing system here in Colorado. And as long as the federal government's going to keep sending checks, they have no incentive to fix the system.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think. I'm sure you've talked about it on your show.
Speaker 7: I don't think a lot of people understand just how big this grift is when it comes to the unreal these provider fees. So you know, there's one part of medicaid, the old part of Medicaid, where if the state spends a dollar, the federal government will send another thirty cents or something like that. But the newer expansion part, this whole grift. The state will spend a dollar and the federal government matches it with nine dollars. Yeah, nine dollars. And the thing is the states, including Colorado, they see that and they feel like they can kind of expand Medicaid a lot.
Speaker 6: It doesn't really cost very much.
Speaker 7: But now all of a sudden, you get the Trump administration, and if the Trump people end up saying and they haven't done this yet, but if they end up saying, we're going to give you eight dollars instead of nine, right, then you're going to be talking about just that is going to be an eleven percent cut to the money coming into Colorado. And these folks, the people who are in charge now in Colorado are people who love medicaid and always want it bigger. They are going to be and they're going to have a very hard time, and they're not gonna have a choice. They're gonna have to do some combination of what I said.
Speaker 6: And I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: So I mean, when I first started looking into Medicaid and how it was structured, I was in Florida, and the match from Medicaid from the federal government in Florida was fifty percent. Fifty percent if you look at the way Florida does Medicaid, and you have to understand, in Florida there are so many old people who rely on Medicaid for long term care.
Speaker 6: Which is extremely expensive.
Speaker 5: So a big chunk of their Medicaid budget is already allotted for that long term care needs.
Speaker 6: For people in poverty.
Speaker 5: So Florida has managed to keep their per person spending dramatically lower than ours is, even though they're shelling out for long term care situations for way more people in Florida than they are in Colorado.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's like, what is the incentive to do better?
Speaker 5: As long as the federal government is willing to backfill whatever you spend, And that's.
Speaker 6: What it's been up to this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you get a sugar daddy who will let you go shop at Gucci just as well as you can go shop it at Marshalls.
Speaker 6: Go to Gucci.
Speaker 5: I still go to Marshalls and pocket the difference. I'm just saying I'm far too practical for that.
Speaker 6: All Right, boring guests Rock Kininsky, someone.
Speaker 5: Did ask will Mandy's boring guest or Ross's AI guest be better?
Speaker 6: Ross did a pretty good job.
Speaker 5: I'll have to see how he does up against the AI. I'm here on the way to see our friends at Region.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going and just folks, if you want to see this report, I actually created an easy ur l CSI like Common Sense Institute COO like Colorado dot org, CSI COO dot org and you can find the report right there on the front page. It's called Colorado Healthcare Policy at a Crossroads.
Speaker 6: Or you can just go to Mandy's blog dot com click on the link that I put there. That would be easy thing, the better way. Yeah, Randy Cromwell, I'm here Randy Cromwell dot com. Also, we'll take you right there, I miss Randy. You know what, Randy's been busy. I know a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 5: Really, Randy's into pickleball now, so I don't know what to tell We'll obsessed. Well, whatever Randy can get right, And Randy has asked that we only refer to Randy in the third person, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just trying to honor that. So Randy's.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, between the pickleball and you know, hiking Mount Everest, Randy is his knees are rough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe you know, someday when you're going to be out, you could get Randy to fill in again so we can have a we can have a chat.
Speaker 6: You know, I try, but frankly, Randy doesn't take my calls anymore. So I don't know. Somebody hit the big time and left the rest of us behind.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, Oh no, thanks for writing the boring paper anyway. Now, let's do the blog that includes the boring paper, because I have a whole bunch of more stuff coming up on the show as well. To find the blog, you can go to Randy Cromwell dot com. That's Randy Cromwell dot com, or just go to mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline this is seven five blog. Trump's tariffs are working and Glenn Kessler is not. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 9: As office half of American all with ships and clipments as ConA press plant.
Speaker 5: Today on the blog when even CNN says it's working, No more pinocchios for Glenn Kessler.
Speaker 6: A real nerd is on at.
Speaker 5: The beginning of the show, Why is Denver still giving out e bike Coupon's Yes, Jeff Garden Grace is hiring about that ten.
Speaker 6: Thousand steps thing.
Speaker 5: Denver Water has a creative way to teach about lawn watering. C dot tears down history, DPS lies about.
Speaker 6: Attendance and ice raids.
Speaker 5: JSX is moving to Centennial Airport, Colorado will come for your gas powered mower. See your regents won't be bullied. A man targets the NFL because of CTE and CNN, but clowns itself during the coverage. There are tons of jobs in the airline industry. Hollywood thinks well, buy a female gladiator is the mayor targeting a social media account scrolling China funds are green organizations while ramping up coal use. Marriage maybe making a comeback. Kids who get smartphones too soon may have serious mental issues. Lifestyle changes may slow or reverse Alzheimer's. Why the conflicting gaza won't end five cruises not to book twenty five things the chat JPT can do. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. Hoof anyway, Mandy, ever since you've been off your supplements and your prescriptions, you're kind of cranky.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you guys. I couldn't sleep last night.
Speaker 5: I've been sleeping so well because of the Blue Sky CBD sleep jails that I've been taking. That's not a paid commercial diss just my reality. And last night girl woke up three thirty grant. I was like, I should call Grant to see what we're gonna do on the show today, because that's how I'm wide awake.
Speaker 6: I was well, actually I was away last night too. Well, dang it missed opportunity.
Speaker 5: When I was a flight attendant, we flew to Europe or like way out of our time zone. One of our secrets that we had, and if you ever traveled with a group of people, this is a great secret. Although many hotel rooms no longer have phones in them, I just realized that this is back in the day, though, and I would you would call down to the front desk and say, hey, can you turn on the message light in so and so's phone, and if they were awake, they would see it, and then they could call down and find out who else was awake, and if they weren't, I guess now you just sent a text.
Speaker 6: Well that was fun while it lasted. Gosh, that made me feel like I was. I feel like I was from olden times after telling you that story. But back when we had the wagon wheels and we were going across the planes in.
Speaker 5: The covered wagons, we had them turn on each other's lights.
Speaker 4: And now hotel rooms and then we knew we could go get a drink together.
Speaker 6: And then Martha died of consumption. I mean, you know, dysent terry took down the whole group.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 5: That did make me feel really old when I realized that, like, my daughter is never going to need that service. Right, there's things that were an integral part of my life that my daughter's just never going to need that thing, not a thing, no landline, no we anyway, I did not mean to go off on a tangent. Coming up at one o'clock, we have my friend David Strom from hot air dot com on to talk about a couple of things. I saw a couple of stories yesterday and have an email and said, hey, but I need John twice. I need John on two things. So that is going to happen. Hang on one second. I am in the process number two call, and I'm gonna get to this in one second. What I'm doing there. So he's got a story on Glenn Kessler. If you're not a political junkie, if you don't read the Washington Post regularly, First of all, I haven't regularly read the Washington Post since I canceled my subscription like five years ago. It used to be every day I read the Washington Post, but it just got so tedious. The thing that bugs me the most about the Washington Post they have never apologized for anything that they have won Pulitzer Prizes for it that they then found out later was completely fabricated.
Speaker 6: They don't even have the decency to say, yeah, we're sorry about that. Eh, oh bad.
Speaker 5: But nonetheless, Glenn Kessler has been working as a fact checker at the Washington Post.
Speaker 6: For decades now. He's the guy that gives out five pinocchios. Oh, this is the four pinocchio, three pinocchio.
Speaker 5: Except yesterday or the day before, I don't remember which day he announced to you had taken a buy out from the Washington Post. We'll talk about David. Talk about this with David a little bit later on the show. And someone posted that and said, oh, Glenn, you'll be missed, and then people, because the internet is amazing on x people started posting screenshots of all the garbage fact checks he's done over the years that turned out to be the exact opposite. And he's not just a fact checker. He was snarky about it, like, oh yeah, scientists say that could have never escaped from a Lamb, except.
Speaker 10: No, I do.
Speaker 5: So much stuff that he was just like cookline and synchron and no apologies for being wrong and no shame. If your job is to fact check and you get so much stuff wrong, wouldn't you be embarrassed? Wouldn't you just come to work on Dan and go You know what, Guys, I don't think I'm very good at this. Maybe we can find them me a new role. Since I keep screwing this one. I don't feel like I'm nailing this fact check thing very well. I'm really not getting it. So Glenn Gessler's out and Jeff Bezos continues to remake The Washington Post, so it could be very interesting to see what happens at the Post. I love it if the Washington Post became read again. And before you tell me go to the Washington Times, I do, but the Washington Times is biased in the other direction.
Speaker 6: I just want the news. I want the who, what, why, when, where? Whatever?
Speaker 5: I want the facts. I don't need you to tell me what to think about it on either side. Now, the interview that I'm trying to set up right now at two thirty, which is not on the blog, but there is a story about what we're going to talk about. There is a social media account called do Better Denver, and if you don't follow do Better Denver, you follow it, don't you Grant?
Speaker 6: I think I follow it, but I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Do Better Denver post videos of homeless people, urban outdoorsmen, garbage, and they post it because our current administration seems to be unaware of all of these things going on. But a funny thing is happening from the Mayor's office. We know that the mayor wants to know who's behind the Do Better Denver account. It is an anonymously run account, and now the Denver Post has been doing some sneaking around and tomorrow I guess they have a story coming out where they are going.
Speaker 6: To expose three whole people who.
Speaker 5: Have sent videos to do Better Denver to post online. To be clearer, thousands of people have sent videos to Do Better Denver and they're targeting three people. So we're going to talk to Do Better Denver at some point a little bit later in the show, but first we're going to take a very quick time out, and when we get back, I just have a quick question for you because I realized something as I was making a cup of coffee before the show. Oh, by the way, the discount code for Blue Sky, Mandy, m A and d Y gets thirty percent off forever, but not on a subscription which is already discounted. Anyway, when we get back, I have an unpopular opinion, and I want to know if anybody else has the same unpopular opinion, or I want to know what yours are. We're going to do one segment of that, and then we're gonna do serious stuff after that.
Speaker 4: I promise.
Speaker 5: You know, we've all had a teacher that made a huge difference in our lives.
Speaker 6: I know I did.
Speaker 5: They believed in us, they helped me. One of my favorite teachers helped me even when I went to college. I would call her for advice and things of that nature. And now iHeart has a program called Thank a Teacher. It's powered by donors. Choose you can nominate an outstanding public school teacher who's gone above and beyond for their students. They could possibly win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom.
Speaker 6: It's easy to do it.
Speaker 5: Go to nominate your favorite teacher at iHeartRadio dot com, slash teachers and go ahead and submit that nomination and maybe your favorite teacher can get a thank you in the form of five thousand dollars for their school supplies. So that's a very nice little thing that's going on there. Okay, let's talk for a moment about Do Better Denver, because they may be coming on the show today, but we may record it.
Speaker 6: They have some trepidation.
Speaker 5: Under standably, the Denver Post is trying to out them and anyone who's associated with them. It kind of turned into like a Spartacus moment yesterday on Twitter, where me and a lot of other people were saying, I am do Better Denver. We're going to talk about a new Spartacus reboot a little bit later in the show that is so ridiculously unbelievable that I can't get behind it. But I want to talk about an unpopular opinion that I have, Grant. I want to know if you too have an unpopular opinion that you'd like to share, and you can talk to that by going to our text line, our Common Spirit Health text line at five six six'.
Speaker 1: Nine, oh.
Speaker 6: And my own popular opinion is.
Speaker 5: This we have multiple ways you can consume coffee here At, iHeartMedia and one of them is we have a cure. Rig AND i know curregs are very, divisive BUT i bring my own coffee pods from. HOME i buy them Because i'm particular about. Coffee AND i just stood next to the currig Here, grant AND i looked at the little carousel of you're a. Cups we had a little. Carousel it's. Full there's not one.
Speaker 4: Single coffee pod that's just, coffee crim, breulet, bananas, Foster.
Speaker 5: French, toast, chocolate, strawberry, cinnamon. SIR i hate they're all these weird, peppermint mint or. WHATEVER i hate flavored. COFFEE i just it's LIKE i feel the same way about. BEER i want beer to taste like, beer AND i.
Speaker 6: Want coffee to taste like. COFFEE i don't want to have some weird flavoring in.
Speaker 5: It and we're we're less than a month away from pumpkin, spice where everybody goes, crazy And i've now tried it like three times.
Speaker 6: AND i don't get. It, oh the pumpkin spice cold, BREW i ugh so.
Speaker 5: Good you, know IF i want pumpkin, SPICE i will make pumpkin with some, spice and maybe.
Speaker 6: In the form of.
Speaker 5: Bread maybe. MUFFINS i don't, know but that is my unpopular opinion today because apparently everyone besides me flavored, coffee AND i don't even like like medium rose Cot NOW i want dark roast. Coffee i'm pretty, straightforward pretty. Simple give me a dark roast and just make it. Bold make it navy. Coffee you know What i'm, Saying like stick with the spoon. In it doesn't, move just cool right in the. Middle, anyway that is my unpopular opinion for. Today you can text me your unpopular opinion at five sixty six nine, oh or you can text me to tell Me i'm right about flavored, coffee BECAUSE i, clearly clearly.
Speaker 6: AM i have to.
Speaker 5: Ask the city Of denver is in the process of laying off actual human beings from their.
Speaker 6: Jobs.
Speaker 5: NOW i do think that our government is so bloated that we could stand to thin the herds a little. Bit with that being, said choices are being. Made that's kind of the point That i'm getting. To are the mayor Of, Denver Mayor Mike johnston has seen to be very okay with laying people off because he is not taking measures THAT i think would make more. Sense for, instance did you know that the city Of denver is still giving out e bike. Vouchers what is an e bike, voucher you might ask. Yourself, well, good it is a voucher that will get you a discount on an e bike that you buy at one of their participating bike. Stores so you can't go to LIKE E bikes OR us and get a cut rate e. Bike, nope you have to go to one of their participating bike. Stores so YESTERDAY i went to probably ten of their participating bike stores to see what e bikes. Cost this e byte rebake will give you four hundred and fifty dollars off an e bike at any of these. Retailers that sounds like a lot of, money, Right this is. Good we're going to get poor people e. Bikes except the rest of the e bike is going to cost you about two grand. Geez, yes, WELL i could not fight The the cheapest one THAT i found that was a full, size like grown up. Bike you can find little kid e bikes for, less but a full size grown up e bike at the stores where you can use this. Voucher the cheapest ONE i found was twenty four ninety, Nine so we are you're still paying two grands, oh, yeah. Easily so what we're doing is we're subsidizing e bike purchases for people that already have, money because you can make up to ninety eight thousand dollars a year and still get one of these. Coupons but if you're making twenty five thousand dollars a, year do you really have two grand to spend on an e bike that more than likely is not going to be your primary mode of, transportation especially in the.
Speaker 6: Winter why Is denver still doing?
Speaker 5: THIS i, mean it seems to me like they could have left this on the cutting room, floor not a single person other than the bike shops who are benefiting from this by taking a four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: Coupon why are we still doing?
Speaker 5: This And Michael brown on a ON x earlier today pointed out another idiotic expenditure of, money and that is This denver is laying people off and at the same time they're spending three million dollars three million dollars to urge you to eat less.
Speaker 6: Meat i'm not. Kidding do you know what they're doing it under the guise of saving the?
Speaker 5: Planet, yep. Yep and one of, them by the, way is clearly clearly a campaign.
Speaker 6: Ad what DO i?
Speaker 5: Mean will the ads say things like eat less meat or eat more plant based? Meals and then here's the one that to me is clearly some kind of campaign violation because they're using tax dollars to say the, following vote for climate conscious. Leaders that is what your taxpayer dollars are paying for right. Now the tips come from a do more list That Mayor Mike johnston's administration posted as part of its three million dollar marketing campaign that aims to persuade residents to help the city reach its climate. Goals, additionally posters have been popping up around the, city including foguns.
Speaker 6: That say it's the end of the end of the.
Speaker 5: World behind the public relations splits is The office Of Climate, Actions sustainability And Resiliencies Do, more Do, Less Do something. Campaign, notably the city said eating less meat and a host of other actions would help.
Speaker 6: The planet and protect.
Speaker 5: COMMUNITIES i don't know if you're getting it from the Way i'm reading, it BUT i despise everything in that marketing, campaign AND i am absolutely annoyed that taxpayer, dollars not a single dollars.
Speaker 6: Should have been spent on any of that clap trap by the, way just in case we're.
Speaker 5: Wondering colorado's agricultural industry is the state's second largest economic. Driver it accounts for about forty seven billion in. Activity it employs more than one hundred and ninety five thousand. People but let's keep attacking At. Democrats let's it'll be so. Fun they do, more do, Less Do. Something campaign is funded By Denver's Climate Protection, fund which voters approve to raise forty million dollars each year for urgent action to mitigate the causes of climate. Change, now isn't it interesting that politicians can just take money out of things like transportation and move it to other pet projects that they. Have BUT i bet if you, said why are we still spending this money on? This why are we not putting it back in the city, coffers they would all get the vapors.
Speaker 6: And, say, oh we can't do. That it's to save the.
Speaker 5: Environment so that's something that we're also paying. For AND i hope you love it as much AS i. DO i have bad news for, You, grant BECAUSE i know The Garden grace is your anniversary. Restaurant is it still every? Year, well they're now going to have a new executive. Chef what Because brent turpan seed turnip. Seed really that's his, Name brent turnip but it does have AN e on the end to kind of make it. Fancy brent Turnip. Seed you're a real turnip, seed aren't?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 6: YEP i sure.
Speaker 5: Am that was one of Those Old west, insults you know WHAT i? Mean, like you watch what did we watch the other? Day we watched was It Big jake With John? Wayne and at one point he goes and picks a bar fight with the biggest guy in the bar and stops the fight by, going you ever been To? Nagodosius that's where he stops the.
Speaker 6: Fight the other guy's, like Naggot? Noosius?
Speaker 5: What and what's funny Is chuck had said to me the day, before you ever been To? Nagagdosius AND i, went what he's, Like Big? Jake he's, LIKE i got, Nothing i'd no idea what you're talking. About and then it happened to be on the next day and he showed me what he was talking. About but, yeah you're a real turn up. Seed that was like An Old west. Insult, well, Now Brent turnups the former executive chef has Left guard And.
Speaker 6: Grace they're looking for a new executive, chef which is always a little.
Speaker 5: UNNERVING i had a friend who has since passed away In louisville who was a wonderful chef and he had several, properties and he would when he was hiring a new, chef he would Invite chuck AND i to come in and. Try because they make you cook for, you. Right they basically, say go in the, kitchen show me what you, got, Right so you have to cook for whoever's hiring.
Speaker 6: You that's part of the. Process and he would always call.
Speaker 5: Us and, HEY i got a guy's working on the, menu come on, down and it would just like Get we were the focus. Group it was, fantastic one of the greatest FRIENDSHIPS i ever.
Speaker 4: Had, WELL i would Imagine Troy, guard who Owns, yeah The tag restaurant group And Garden grace and former guest of The Taking it For granted. Podcast, YES i would imagine he'll have a pretty strenuous interview process for whoever's coming. In AND i, mean to be, honest there's so many chefs there that are. WORKING i, mean you can see the kitchen while you're while you're Eating, Yeah AND i mean it's got to be basically like routine for.
Speaker 6: Them it's not like their menu as as that.
Speaker 5: Adventurously here's the thing you want in my, view, okay as a as a you, know former restaurant. Manager in my, view when you have a restaurant of the caliber Of Garden, grace you want to if you have the, opportunity you're going to bring in an executive.
Speaker 6: Chef you want someone who is going to maintain the.
Speaker 5: Integrity of your core menu, items Right like they're not going to change any of the fan.
Speaker 6: Favorites they're not going to mess with the.
Speaker 5: Steaks they're not going to do that At Garden, Grace but you do maybe that's an opportunity to maybe freshen your, menu maybe you, know lean in on different things that.
Speaker 6: You're not leaning in on.
Speaker 5: Now so it's it's important to get the right. Fit and you also don't want to bring in like A Gordon ramsey when you don't have A Gordon ramsey vibe in your, kitchen you, know and you're you gotta have the Right it's it's almost, LIKE i this is gonna sound so stupid to some, people BUT i promise you that in a well run, restaurant it is a, symphony, Right it's a symphony of, people especially in the, kitchen and if you get somebody who messes up the, music it is, very very. Disruptive SO i hope that they find a new chef and if anybody would like to executive former executive Chef brent Turnip.
Speaker 6: Seed but the coolest name.
Speaker 4: Ever did they starting his own restaurant or?
Speaker 6: Something, no it WAS i saw, this, wait hang on the quote here.
Speaker 5: Is Turnip seed Told fox thirty one On monday that he's looking for a new opportunity as, well and provided the following. Statement troy AND i have known each other over ten years and both felt like the restaurant and myself had different.
Speaker 6: Needs i'm currently looking for a new.
Speaker 5: Opportunity that sounds like to me that he wanted to, experiment maybe wanted to open the menu, up maybe wanted to do, things and And Troy gard was, like, Nah i'm good for good. Reason if it's not, broke thank you, WELL i fix it. Exactly you, know and especially in this environment when it's so challenging In, denver or have a restaurant minimum wage and you, know people's dining habits have changed and all of that, Stuff so you don't want to rock the. Boat and don't get me, Wrong i'm not saying anything That Brent Turnip steed.
Speaker 6: Wanted to do was. Bad we don't. Know it just sounded like he wanted.
Speaker 5: To move in a different direction and someone will be able to hire him and get his services as. Well but that's that's a pretty plum, job you, know it really. IS i, mean if you're a, chef that is a plum. Position all, right we're going to take a quick time out when we get. Back my Friend David strong from hotair dot com joins. Me YESTERDAY i had, two not, one but two articles on hot air dot com THAT i was, like, DUDE i got.
Speaker 6: To talk to you about this.
Speaker 5: ONE i don't think we are over stating it when we say That trump shocked.
Speaker 6: The world with THE eu deal this.
Speaker 5: Weekend THE eu trade deals insanely good for The United. States we gave up nothing and got everything in. Return and we're gonna talk about. That And Glenn, kessler he who used to give out the pinocchios At Washington, post is gone at the end of this. Month i'm not sad about it at, all and it's been kind of funny to see people react on The internet by posting his garbage fat checks before and he also wrote a column on The Sydney sweeney.
Speaker 6: Kerfuffle AND i.
Speaker 5: Really don't care about, this AND i think the only reason that it's a story is guys just want to have an excuse to keep watching the.
Speaker 4: COMMERCIAL i don't understand it, either So i'd love. IT i can't wait to hear his. TAKE i REALLY i don't. KNOW i don't know Why Sidney sweeney is A. Nazi i'm genuinely confused by, this but he talked about it.
Speaker 6: All will do that.
Speaker 1: Next The Mandy Connell show is sponsored By belle And POLLOCK ax and Injury.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, well, no It's.
Speaker 3: Mandy, Connell Andy, Condo kama got wait to?
Speaker 5: Study can the Nicety Freynald keith who is Sad.
Speaker 6: Babe Welcome, Local welcome to the second hour of the.
Speaker 5: Show I'm Mandy. Connell that guy over there in For Anthony, rodriguez who was doing amazing coverage of training camp on all of our social media platforms AT, Koa Colorado Grant smith in for a Rod. Now YESTERDAY i was perusing hot air dot, com AS i am prone to do on, occasion AND i saw a couple of stories by my Friend David, strom and he mailed him immediately and, said not, one but two THINGS i must speak with you.
Speaker 6: About, So David, strong welcome back to the. Show first of, all.
Speaker 8: It's always my pleasure he did.
Speaker 5: Say anything for you WHEN i, said you want to come on the show tomorrow and talk about.
Speaker 6: It so here you.
Speaker 4: Are let's.
Speaker 8: Start i'm going to regret that NO i will ask you.
Speaker 5: What you're going to do for a klondake, bar THOUGH i mean that's really what everybody wants to. Know let's start with a tariff story, first BECAUSE i, think and please correct me If i'm, wrong you AND i have shared a viewpoint On trump's use of tariffs that perhaps the endgame was not the tariff, itself but the tariff was a tool to, push, shove cajole whatever you want word you want to use people that were cutting trade deals with to achieve other.
Speaker 6: Goals is that a fair assessment of your view thus?
Speaker 9: Far, ABSOLUTELY i think the evidence is very clear that that that is what he has. Done When trump's start talking about tariffs months and months. AGO i thought it was an open question because he talked about, terriffs big beautiful, tariffs as if they were good in. Themselves AND i wrote several pieces Saying trump's terift strategy can either be pure genius or a recipe for, disaster depending upon what he was trying to. Do AND i was at about sixty five thirty five thinking this was, negotiation not that he thought teriffs were good in. Themselves AND i think that has turned out to be ninety percent correct with one, edition which Is trump had a goal to create what's essentially a cover charge for foreign countries to get in the. Door you, know, basically you pay fifteen bucks and you have a two drink.
Speaker 5: Minimum you say cover, CHARGE i say cost of, admission, RIGHT i mean it's the price to. Ride you want access to our, Markets here's what it's going to cost.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 8: Yeah, NO i think that's exactly.
Speaker 9: Right and it's based Upon trump's really genius recognition that there is no alternative for companies to be successful if they cannot get into The United. States there's just no other economy out there that has this much consumer. Power and it's based the reason why a lot of people don't understand this is they look at The United states and, say, well they're the largest, economy but they're still only twenty to twenty five percent of the. World but that actually hides an important, fact which is we're about seventy five percent of the consumer economy in the, world which is a totally different. THING i, mean there's h we have a lot more disposable rights.
Speaker 5: And that that that there's the Rub, YEAH i would some of the most interesting commentary That i've seen on this is the commentary about the fact that this is an upending of the world order Since World War. Two because After World War, two we were the lone industrial, power we were THE, uh we were, everything we were a, superpower and The Cold war was going, on so we had to have this aggressive footing that we. Had but since The Cold war is, over, ESSENTIALLY i, mean we still have conflagrations around the, world but as as.
Speaker 6: The Cold world was, over we were still in the same, position especially when it came To. Europe and this is some of the commentary scene on the deal that they made with THE.
Speaker 5: Eu europe has always been a benefactor of The United states in terms of our military. PROWESS, Uh they've had pretty unfettered access to our markets up to this, point and in return we sort of accepted or or were given that unchecked superpower status by. Them it's, like, oh it's The United. States we're going to get access to their, markets but they're going to take care of us. Militarily trump is the first guy to come along and say, no that's not good, enough where that that dynamic needs to. End and he's one hundred percent right about. That WHAT i find, Fascinating, david is that there are still commentators out there who don't understand.
Speaker 6: How trump views. Things, Right he's viewing things like you need me more THAN i need. You let's do a deal that reflects. That and that's what we saw in THIS eu.
Speaker 9: Deal oh that's one hundred percent. RIGHT i MEAN us trade policy for The Postcold war. Era it was essentially the same AS us trade policy during The Cold. War and we had that policy in The Cold war basically because we, wanted you, Know europe basically to bend to our. Will so what the deal, was you're going to get economic. Benefits you, know you're not going to have to spend money on defense as you as you might otherwise have, to and you're, going you, know from The Marshall plan to favorable trade and all of. That but that means that when foreign policy comes, along you guys are going to do what we.
Speaker 8: Say that was the, deal.
Speaker 9: And you, know during The Cold war it made a lot of sense to do, that but in a lot of ways over the past fifteen twenty years things have totally. Inverted we still have this position where we've been given Europe an incredible deal and they've been trying to bully us net, zero all the censorship, stuff the Regulating american, companies they're looking down their noses and trying to bully. Us they're interfering in our. Politics actually far more Than russia. DOES i mean THE uk, actually you, know The Labor party sent campaign workers for Domal.
Speaker 8: Ayrs you, know compare that to anything.
Speaker 9: You, Know putin was supposed to have. Done it's far. Worse you, know THE eu tried to Keep trump off Of twitter OR. X i mean they literally Threatened Elon musk with billions of dollars of fines for Allowing Donald trump to speak ON. X so you, know we really got to rebalance, things and you, Know trump basically kicked them in the shins and you, know about two feet.
Speaker 5: HIGHER i was going to, SAY i was going to, say you kicked them a bit, higher but then you added that on. THERE i do want to correct. Myself one of our texters pointed, OUT i said beneficient benefactor instead of. Beneficiary europe has been our beneficiary for all of these.
Speaker 6: Years it's been really.
Speaker 5: Interesting to Watch trump, negotiate not just the trade, deals but also the way he has approached dealing With, putin you, know with the just the wild flattery leading up to, negotiations but then Once putin demonstrated clearly he doesn't really give a ratspetutity What trump.
Speaker 6: Thought now the rhetoric has.
Speaker 5: Changed so do you think that because we are now two days away from the sort of, big beautiful, tariffs the blanket tariffs to go into effect on all of the nations that have not.
Speaker 6: Cut trade deals WITH.
Speaker 5: Us we were told we're gonna get two hundred trade, deals how many of these smaller players begin to fall now that THE, Eu japan and somewhat Of china has been. Announced, well.
Speaker 8: You put me on the, spot because you know the short.
Speaker 9: ANSWERS i don't, know BUT i think that most of The doma knows are going to.
Speaker 8: FALL i, mean the THE.
Speaker 9: EU i mean you have to remember they started, out as Said, china with you, know basically Flipping trump the, bird thinking, that, uh you, know he was going to back. Off remember the whole taco. Thing trump always chickens out that The democrats were, pushing uh and, uh you, know clearly The europeans figured, out, no he's not going to chicken.
Speaker 8: Out, uh you, know he's he's going to squeeze us.
Speaker 9: By you, know he's got to buy the short hairs and, uh you, Know trump understands that now With. Putin H a lot of people don't understand the reason why he always Flattered putin is not because he Loved, putin but, because, uh he saw That putin is driven often by this sense of. Insecurity H russia has been for actually, centuries has always seen itself as in To. Europe you, know if you, Look russian food is just Modified french food because they, wanted you, Know france was the big.
Speaker 8: Player you, know in the eighteenth.
Speaker 9: Century they always wanted to be A Western european country and they always knew that they. Weren't and that same thing is true. Today so he's trying To he tried to Flatter. Putin NOW i think he wants to crush.
Speaker 6: Him, yeah, OH i, AGREE i.
Speaker 5: AGREE i mean he did the exact same thing in his first term With Kim young un Of North. Korea remember that whole flirtation With Kim young. Un and then when he Realized Kim young un is crazy and cannot be reasoned, with he just moved. ON i don't think you said the guy's name in the last eight. YEARS i, MEAN i just he just ceased to, exist so because he's not important enough to need any. Time so you, know the tariffs so far have not been have not caused a direct rise in prices of any real.
Speaker 6: Significance we have not seen that.
Speaker 5: Yet it remains to be seen what kind of impact on prices this is going to have in the long.
Speaker 6: Term BUT i do think coming off the heels of.
Speaker 5: Inflation this is gonna sound so, crazy but coming off the heels of that massive jump in prices that we just went through in the last few, YEARS i think companies are going to be far less likely to pass those costs on to the consumer because they know the consumers have hit their breaking.
Speaker 6: Point on a lot of.
Speaker 5: Stuff so it's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays. Out AND i do think it is a fair statement to say that thus far on Tariff's trump is.
Speaker 9: Winning, yeah oh, Absolutely and even economists are saying. That there are a bunch of economists who have come out and, said, WELL i think we were wrong on, This and you, know some of that has to do with the fact that they Misunderstood trump's, strategy and a lot of it has to do with the fact that.
Speaker 8: If you look at this is always the case in economics.
Speaker 9: Or any social, science or any science for that, matter you break things down into little chunks and you look at them in. Isolation you create, models and the only way that you can do that is to disambiguate by throwing out all other. Variables, so you, know it's like when you're doing ballistics when you first learn, it you leave out wind, resistance you leave out all, sorts you, know all sorts of, variables just so that you, understand in, principle here's how things. Work you, know in, principle you drop a feather in a bowling ball and they'll fall at the same. Rate only in the real world they don't because of all the other. Variables same thing with the. Terriffs there are just so many variables in there that economists just you can't model the real world in the same.
Speaker 5: Way economists kind of suck at human behavior when you get right down to an economists do a bad job mitigating for human, behavior which is in.
Speaker 6: A lot of areas kind of.
Speaker 5: Predictable you, know we're all moved in a very similar. Way we could do that conversation another, time BUT i want to talk about something different BEFORE i run out of. Time talking With David strom from hot are dot. Com, yesterday he had an Article Glen kessler of The Washington, post he of the Fact checker, page giving out the. Pinocchios we won't Have Glen kessler's fact checks to kick around anymore because he's out at The Washington. Post he has taken a buyout By Jeff bezos And. DAVID i don't know if you saw ON x, yesterday whenever anyone would comment about, this people would start lighting up the replies with all of the absurd fact checks That Glenn kessler has done over the recent years that turned out to be completely, wrong, right just totally. Wrong it's been a wild. Time what do you think is happening over at The Washington post right? Now where do do this thing end?
Speaker 9: Up, well they're Clearly Jeff bezos is clearly really tired.
Speaker 8: Of all the drama over.
Speaker 9: There if you, look you know it's not Just Jack Glenn, kessler It's Taylor lorenz's, Gone Jennifer.
Speaker 8: Ruben Philip.
Speaker 9: BUMP i, mean you can go down the list and all the most irritating people are being kicked, out and, they you, know not, once but several. Times there have been memos that have gone. Out they haven't named, names although you don't know what conversations took place behind closed, doors but they were all basically of the you, know get on board or get out.
Speaker 8: VARIETY i love, that by the.
Speaker 6: WAY i love.
Speaker 5: That it's almost like there's a new sheriff in, town and if you want to play, ball then we'll play. Ball but if you, don't don't let the door hit you where the Good lord split you kind of.
Speaker 6: Thing you, know like bye.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 6: YEAH i would love to know.
Speaker 5: If the fact check industry as it really exists right now hopelessly left. Wing every major fact check out At PolitiFact left. Wing we've got these guys left Wing we've Got, snopes which is just whack of do left wing, like don't even bring me A snopes fact check. Anymore are we seeing the end of the fact check industry because they were so demonstrably, wrong especially DURING, Covid.
Speaker 9: Yes and, NO i mean they. CERTAINLY i think that the fact check industry is. Dying it will survive to some small extent because there's a market for, it in the way that there's a market FOR.
Speaker 8: Msnbc.
Speaker 9: Uh you, know it's it's not dead dead, dead but it's going to be really a niche. Thing AND i you know it's going to be you, know The Los Angeles times probably won't have anyone doing, It The Washington post won't have anyone doing.
Speaker 8: It you'll still have the nonprofits like LID a Fact.
Speaker 6: See that are out.
Speaker 5: THERE i don't even know if they're going to survive BECAUSE i THINK ai is going to kill fact.
Speaker 6: Checking and here's.
Speaker 5: Why because right NOW i can go to groc, OR i can go to CHAT, gbt my best, friends by the, way we're, pals we hang out all the, time.
Speaker 6: AND i can say To, grock give me this side of this.
Speaker 5: Issue give me the left version of medicaid, expansion AND grok can pull up all kinds of data and give me a very clear picture of the left view of that. Issue and THEN i can, say give me the right version of, this AND grok can do the same. Thing SO i can essentially fact check. MYSELF i don't need to have someone else interpret the. DATA i can look up WHAT i want to look. UP ai can split out the, information and THEN i can figure out my own. Mind AND i think it's more people realize that THAN i think that a human fact checker with the notion of bias and all of that other, stuff AND i REALIZE ai has bias as, Well but the perception that a human being is probably more likely to inject their bias in still exists even THOUGH ai is not.
Speaker 9: Perfect you're, rational, Though oh there is a midway class out, there the people WHO i call them the one point FIFTEEN iq. Set you, know they are above average and intelligence but think they're way smarter than they actually.
Speaker 8: Are, yeah and they love, Credentials they love.
Speaker 9: Authority they love being able to SAY i read it in The New York times or The, atlantic and.
Speaker 8: You know it massages their.
Speaker 9: Ego they don't actually want to know what the reality is they want someone to confirm their prejudices, right and so oh you, know they're the people who love and pr because it tells them they're good, people because they Hate Donald.
Speaker 8: Trump AND i like. YOU i like the for.
Speaker 6: THAT i like the midwit.
Speaker 5: Class i'm gonna use that the midwit class gonna have to remember That david from well above the midwit class over at hot air dot. Com you should go read everything he does over. There That they're one of my. Resources first thing in the, morning AFTER i go through our local, news hot air dot com is the first place THAT i. Visit and this is not a paid, endorsement, Now i'm just SAYING i but, well first of, ALL i LIKE i like the writing. Style everybody you work with has the right amount of fact and sarcasm in one in one, Column SO i do enjoy that. Greatly But david does great work over. There we didn't even get into The Sydney sweeney. Situation how many times do you have to watch that commercial before you could write your article On Sidney sweeney?
Speaker 6: Yesterday, david we should talk.
Speaker 9: About this Because i've got an article coming up tomorrow about. It because there's there is actually a new. Angle there there's now a woke right version of. This really it's The.
Speaker 8: Jews oh of.
Speaker 6: Course, yeah it's always The. Jews, okay, Yeah, NO i.
Speaker 5: Just have a firm policy THAT i have A bs limit for stories on the, show and that one did not cross the threshold of THE bs.
Speaker 6: Limit so it's. Out David, strom a joy to talk, to is always my.
Speaker 8: Friend all, right thanks a, lot, bandy all, right.
Speaker 6: We'll talk to you.
Speaker 5: Soon That davidstrom fromhatter dot. Com LET cnn make one more comment about the, tariffs you. Know and by the, way this video is on the blog, TODAY i really urge you to go watch, it just to watch.
Speaker 6: The faces of the people ON.
Speaker 5: Cnn you would think they were reporting on a plane crash the way their little faces look so disappointed in this.
Speaker 6: Exchange is it?
Speaker 10: All the bottom line is this is the biggest trade deal In President trump's effort to effectively reshape the global trading order that has been one of his central priorities since taking office In. January he's been issuing many threats of, tariffs but they clearly have been working in terms of bringing other, countries allies and adversaries alike in some cases to the negotiating. Table and the latest example was today here In scotland when the leader of The European, commission who of course is negotiating afore The European, union she agreed to a fifteen percent across the board. Tariff, now that is significantly higher than the ten percent of tariff's in existence now, since but it's much lower than the thirty percent threat that was coming On friday and the fifty percent threat that was made In. May so clearly there has been an instance where The president has been using his threats of higher tariffs as a negotiating.
Speaker 2: Tact this, case it certainly.
Speaker 8: Worked.
Speaker 6: Huh LET'S cnn.
Speaker 5: Fascinating fascinating, that by the, way is on the blog. Today that's ALL i had to say about. That if you've LOST, cnn you've lost the. Narrative by the, way you knew who else came out and SAID i was wrong About trump on.
Speaker 6: Tariffs Bill, Maher Bill, maher who never.
Speaker 5: Has anything good to say About. TRUMP a lot of people are eating crow on. This i'm not ready to say that the tariffs have worked exactly As trump said they were going to. Work i'm not willing to say that yet because anything that impacts us. Economically you have to kind of wait a little bit to see what happens in the long. Term but just the fact that so many of our major trading partners have come to the table and have freed up a lot of stuff giving us access to their markets in a way that we haven't had. BEFORE i already that right there is A Secs so we've got that going for.
Speaker 6: Us, Hey, grant have you ever heard that you need to walk ten thousand steps a? Day have you heard?
Speaker 5: This everybody's heard. It by the, way that's a trick, question of course you. Have do you know where that ten thousand steps a day number came?
Speaker 4: From no.
Speaker 6: IDEA i found out the details.
Speaker 5: TODAY i knew it was from A japanese marketing campaign for a. Pedometer so they had a new pedometer thing that counts you, steps and The japanese were trying to come up with a way to get people buy, it and they chose ten thousand. Steps for one, reason it wasn't based on any health. Guidance In japanese, characters the number ten thousand.
Speaker 4: Looks like a person. Walking, oh so it's all just a marketing marketing. Scheme But i'll have to inform my.
Speaker 5: Grandma, well just before you tell grandma too, Much i've got better news. Now actual science on how many steps you really need to take in a day is. Out so we have a real science, now and good news for those of you that thought ten thousand was too high a bar to. Reach seven thousand steps is the is the number the sweet spot if you. Will, now walking at all on a daily basis is like a miracle. Drug according to a new, study people who took at least seven thousand steps a day almost had their risk of all cause, mortality that, is their chance of dying of any cause within a certain period of. Time even walking four thousand steps a day showed marked reductions in the risk of cardiovascular, disease, cancer, diabetes, dementia, depression and. Falls though the benefits did continue with higher daily step, counts the size of improvements slowed down after seven thousand, steps meaning this could be a more achievable target for people instead of ten thousand, steps and in all, honesty after seven thousand steps the differences were so minimal that it's almost, like, eg you don't need those three, thousand so really just stop as. Them, yeah seven is all you. Need seven is the magic. Number after that the but listen to. This at seven thousand, steps the results were. Dramatic all couse mortality went down by forty seven, percent the risk of dementia fell thirty eight, percent falls by twenty eight, percent and cardiovascular disease by twenty five. Percent there were also reductions of the risk of, depression type, two, diabetes and. Cancer walking is a miracle, drug you. Guys exercise is the miracle drug that we've all been waiting.
Speaker 2: For it really.
Speaker 5: IS i have a story on the blog today About alzheimer's disease and a pretty significant study about making, big, big big lifestyle changes and the impact that it has On alzheimer's.
Speaker 6: DISEASE i, mean this is a very, very very big.
Speaker 5: Deal so they took people who had been recently diagnosed With alzheimer's disease and they put them on a, plan a workout, plan and a nutrition. Plan, now studying nutrition is notoriously difficult because generally, speaking people want to eat what they want to, eat and they lie and they cheat on these long longitudinal, studies, right they just. Lie but when you tell someone With, alzheimer's we think making lifestyle choices can actually slow down Your alzheimer's or even reverse some of the.
Speaker 6: Damage people tend to adhere to it a little bit. Closer so.
Speaker 5: After twenty weeks they were talking about one of the specific people that was in the. Study after twenty weeks in a randomized clinical trial designed to drastically change, diet, exercise stress, level and social interactions made as cognition made at being a woman, improved she was able to read and recall novels and correctly balanced.
Speaker 6: Spreadsheets.
Speaker 5: AGAIN a blood test even found levels of, amyloid a hallmark Of alzheimer's.
Speaker 6: Disease were retreating in. Her so not only does it stave.
Speaker 5: Off alzheimer's, disease it can actually in some cases reverse. It, NOW i will say, this this did not work for. Everyone it worked for a little less than. Half but this is one of those things Where i'm trying to think of the best way to say this without being really. Insulting some people get a, disease especially a disease like this, one and they're going to sit down and die very very, slowly maybe, quickly but they're going to sit down and die because they've been given this disease and that's all there is to, it and they're just not going to do a whole lot about, it, Right and then there are people who are, Like i'm not going out like.
Speaker 6: This i'm going to do everything in my.
Speaker 5: POWER i have a very good friend who eventually did pass of a very aggressive form of. Cancer but when the doctor's here SAID i we're tapped. Out there's nothing else we can. Do he flew To mexico for a whole series wack of dooodal treatments that actually gave him like another eighteen months of life because he just was, Like i'm gonna fight it with Everything i've. Got so if you're a fight it with everything you've, got, person it's time to pay attention to Doctor Dean. Ornish he is big on plant based diets to reverse cardiovascular. Disease and this he's the guy that actually presented this. Study forty six percent showed, improvement thirty seven point five.
Speaker 6: Percent showed no decline in.
Speaker 5: Cognition then over eighty three percent of patients improved or maintained their cognition during a five month. Program Now i'm guessing that each of these people is probably doing the exact same things that they were doing. Before, Right if you know that it's, working then, yeah you're gonna keep doing.
Speaker 6: It what's in the lifestyle?
Speaker 5: Intervention he calls it eat, well move, more stress, less and love. More this is the second time Or niche has done. It the first time a randomized clinical trial that coronary artery disease could be reversed with nothing more than, diet, exercise stress, reduction and social. SUPPORT i, mean nobody wants to eat a vegan diet on, purpose, RIGHT i, Mean i'm just going to be. Honest although it has gotten a lot easier to get a, vegan to be a, vegan the vegan food is so much better than it was WHEN i was a. Kid WHEN i was a, kid we would have to go to the weird health food store every once in a. While it always smelled that in. There isn't there a weird health food store In?
Speaker 6: Athens the? Pharmacy oh, yes, yeah but it also smells.
Speaker 4: Weird it's so, weird and everybody in there just looked sick and pasty delicious honey in there, Though oh, really we.
Speaker 6: Can Get my neighbor has bees, now And i'm not gonna.
Speaker 5: Lie it's ALTHOUGH i will say the honey That roskaminsky gave me might be some of the finest HONEY i have ever had in my.
Speaker 6: Life And i'm something of a honey.
Speaker 4: Snob, well you, Know i've Asked ross for his honey multiple, times and you, know to make the.
Speaker 6: Cut, SOMEHOW i never make the.
Speaker 5: Cut you should probably, Compliment i'm on how much fun you had during this Show, Again.
Speaker 6: I'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back there's got to be a lot of, Jobs like if you're a, Nurse i'm figuring you got to hit those kind of. Steps IF i had that kind of, JOB i would absolutely wear a fitness. TRACKER i wear it now and IF i most DAYS i get like ninety five.
Speaker 6: Hundred and WHEN i.
Speaker 5: First got my fitness, tracker he used to aggravate me THAT i wouldn't get into ten, thousands So i'd go walk around my house for five hundred.
Speaker 6: Step Now i'm, LIKE i don't. CARE i just don't. Care, like what do you?
Speaker 5: Do you do you have a fitness TRACKER a? Grant, Nope i'm at five thousand something steps right, now six.
Speaker 4: Thousands SO i go on a walk almost every day that's about two miles.
Speaker 5: Long that's WHAT I that'll get me to about five thousand. Steps that's WHAT i do in the. Morning, yeah, wow that's just that that is about five for. Me it's about five thousand steps because they do that with jinks in the. Morning So i've only had a thousand steps SINCE i went on that. Walk that's what iationary job and a desk will do for, you you, know. Totally, Hey Denver Public, schools, well you know, What The Denver gazette did not necessarily say the word, lied But i'm going to say the word lied because you may, Remember Denver Public schools filed a federal lawsuit against THE Us department Of Homeland security In. February district leaders claimed one of the consequences of The trump administration's immigration enforcement stuff was that students were not showing up to. School so The Denver gazette pulled some records and looked at when students were missing school and when they, weren't and sworn affidavits submitted with a. Complaint Superintendent Alex morrero and other school officials blamed changes to the administration's sensitive locations policy for a noticeable dip in. Attendance they said it was widespread fear of getting swept up in the raids among immigrants unlawfully staying in The United. States marrero said in court filings not only were people followed fearful following the, raids but they also did not have any guarantee that the next raid would not be at the. School Except The Denver gazette pulled those attendance records and what they saw was On january twenty, first the day after the inauguration and THE US ice policy rollback, announcement attendance dropped significantly across district front, schools regardless of a Campus's hispanic.
Speaker 6: Composition what else happened that?
Speaker 5: Day it was the day after The Martin Luther King junior holiday, weekend so people just didn't come back from their you, know tripent. Time, similarly The Denver gazette continues to report two days before the widely reported ice rate at the seat of run apartments in other, locations attendance On february third showed another district wide. Decline but you know what happened on that, Day that would be The day Without Immigrants. DAY i actually forgot that was a thing because my life was not impacted at all that.
Speaker 6: DAY i didn't suffer any sort of slow.
Speaker 5: Down nothing, happened but a lot of kids didn't show up for. School the only other day where there's a major disconnect where a lot of kids didn't go to, school there was a major Snowstorm february twenty, first and attendance plunged on that. Day other than, that attendance has been kind of.
Speaker 6: Normal so, YEAH i don't, know, UH i, MEAN i the word lie is. STRONG i get. IT i get.
Speaker 5: It it's a Strong but what is it when you say something was caused by something when clearly it. Wasn't and if people are afraid of you, KNOW ice, enforcement then they would have stopped going to school, altogether don't you.
Speaker 6: Think instead of those just those just those. Days in the days and weeks.
Speaker 5: Before the, raid schools with a Higher hispanic enrollment tended to see lower than usual, attendance particularly On february, third which coincided with The day Without, immigrants.
Speaker 6: And they have lower attendance.
Speaker 5: Overall the ten Most Hispanic latino, schools generally, speaking have lower. ATTENDANCE i, mean it mirrors what happens in other. Schools it's, not you, know dramatically that far. Off but whereas another school might be at eighty eight. PERCENT A hispanic high school maybe eighty. Percent, Right so much ado about. Nothing by the, way they lost the. Lawsuit i'm sure you're broken up about. That i'm sure when we get back in the next. HOUR i talked about this a little bit at the beginning of the, show and since THEN i have spoken With Do Better denver And i'm going to show her a little bit about what's going on with The Denver post is apparently getting ready to publish a story maybe, tomorrow maybe the day. AFTER i don't know what the publishing schedule, is where they are going to out three people who had either contributed video along with thousands of other people by the, way who've contributed video To Do Better denver or done A corr, request and now they're being outed AS i don't. Know i'm interested to see what the story. Says i'll give you the rest of the, details AND i got an official statement From Do Better.
Speaker 6: Denver we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Next The Mandy Connell show is sponsored By belle And, pollock accident and injury.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, no It's Mandy connell ON kamt.
Speaker 4: Nice through.
Speaker 2: Many keeping Sad, babe welcome.
Speaker 6: Buncle welcome to the third hour of the.
Speaker 5: Show i've Got Grant smith keeping my company today As Ney rod is continuing or to provide snappy coverage from training camp every single. Day you can follow along at our social media platforms At, Koa. COLORADO i think all of them are At, Koa, colorado aren't they?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay so go to your favorite social media platform mostly though we. ARE i know he's doing a. Lot is he still doing a lot of stuff on TikTok for?
Speaker 4: THIS i don't have, TikTok SO i don't, either BUT i know he's been all Over instagram AND X, Okay.
Speaker 5: Instagram AND x is WHERE i see it AND i always repost. It so he's out there doing. That But grant's gonna keep it here with us for the next. Hour, now there's a little bit of drama going on right now about a social media, account and NORMALLY I i'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 6: YOU i don't care what happens in social media.
Speaker 5: WORLD i DON'T i don't care how many followers you, have how many followers you lost ON x BECAUSE i don't. CARE i don't make money from social. Media THEREFORE i don't care about social media in most. Cases, however on occasion there is an account that is worth talking, about and one of those accounts is Do Better. Denver Do Better denver was started a couple of years, ago AND i became aware of it pretty early. ON i was an early advocate Of Do Better denver because the account does a few, things but mostly it posts videos of the things in The denver metro that are happening That Mayor johnson's administration is trying to gaslight this. About this is why when he talks about declaring victory on, homelessness and he hasn't fully declared, victory but he'll tell you things are so much better than they were, before but they're really. Not and people who are concerned about you, know labs in their neighborhoods.
Speaker 6: And people who are being accosted.
Speaker 5: By urban outdoorsmen when they're walking to work in the, morning they contribute a lot of these.
Speaker 6: Videos no one.
Speaker 5: Person could possibly just drive Around nver all day and you, know videotape these, things and sometimes they're really hard to. Watch they are people in the throes of addiction and mental.
Speaker 6: Illness they are. Suffering they're staggering.
Speaker 5: Around like, Zombies they've had people having sex in the middle of the street On Do Better. Denver they do, blur by the, way but the point is not to humiliate these. People the point is not to you, know cause them personally any. Strife the point is to push back on the narrative that everything is about, them which is what you hear from The mayor's. Office and this has become a problem for the mayor's. Office Now Do Better denver has done a couple of things, lately and one of them was to do A corer request to find out if there were emails between The mayor's office and The Denver Police department asking them to unmask the person Behind Do Better. Denver, now that has not been proven beyond a shadow of a, doubt but there is circumstantial evidence that certainly makes it seem like there's some kind of there. There and, now After Denver police said, no we're not going to do that freedom speech and all that Crazy First amendment, stuff apparently the mayor's office seems to have made a call to The Denver post because there's a reporter at The Denver post who has been working very diligently doing background on three people that have submitted items to Do Better denver or filed a corner, Request and now The Denver post is going to do an expose on these three people whose only crime is contributing to Do Better.
Speaker 6: Denver that's the, problem that's the only.
Speaker 5: Crime and the reality is that they are going to out three people In denver in such a way that it is probably going to cause them a great deal of. Strife one of them has already come out and said they called my. Boss they called my boss at my job to confirm THAT i work there and ask about my. Salary what is? That, now in the grand scheme of, things the only reason that The Denver post would have any interest in outing the people that Do Better denver is to scare people into not contributing to Do Better. Denver if you want to silence things like, this threaten to expose the people who are just trying to get their neighborhood cleaned. Up, because let me tell you what happens when stuff appears on Do Better, denver a complete coincidence action gets. Taken so now citizens who have called three to one one seven thousand, times who have called nine to one one only to be told there's nothing they can. Do they're now contributing To Do Better denver to actually get action on the things that are happening in their neighborhoods and on their, Streets so of course it has to be shut. Down WHAT i don't understand is why The Denver post wouldn't investigate some of the things that are exposed On Do Better denver instead of trying to expose the person Behind Do Better. Denver, NOW i BECAUSE i was an early, ADOPTER i have been in contact with The Do Better denver, account never in. Person i've never met the person behind The Do Better denver, account to be, Clear BUT i reached out today and, said you, know do.
Speaker 6: You want to do something on?
Speaker 5: This and we talked about doing an, interview but they have a lot of concern that someone would recognize their voice and things along those, lines and so uh THEY i, said, hey CAN i submit a statement? Instead AND i said, absolutely we can one hundred percent make that. Happen SO i am sharing with you the statement that was sent to me today By Do Better denver to The Denver post article that is supposed to come out tomorrow the NEXT i don't know the exact. Timeline we'll see when it does come. Out the statement, SAYS i Am Do Better denver and my mission is to champion, transparency, accountability and positive change In denver by amplifying the voices of concerned citizens and exposing issues that affect our. Community founded In july of twenty twenty three At Do Better denver as a platform For denver residents to share their, experiences, evidence and concerns about critical issues including government, accountability public, safety, crime and public drug. Use my goal is to raise, awareness share compelling stories through videos and first hand, accounts and advocate for solutions that Restore denver to the we all once. Loved Do Better denver was born from a growing unease among residents about the direction of our city and the lack of open dialogue on pressing. Challenges supported by thousands of, Contributors Do Better denver is a collective driven by a shared commitment to truth and. Transparency every, day citizens submit, videos photos and information to spotlight issues like, crime, homelessness and government. Failures we share these responsibly to foster constructive, conversation not to target individuals or incite. HARM i am alarmed That Shelley, bradbury a reporter with The Denver post plans to publish a story naming at least three private citizens As Do Better denver contributors based on their submissions and information. Requests naming them risks jeopardizing their personal, safety, livelihoods and, privacy a move that contradicts journalistic ethics and the principles of free. Expression instead of investigating the systemic ISSUES i, raised such as government transparency or public, safety The Denver post appears to be Doing Mayor johnston's, bidding prioritizing the silencing of dissenting voices over the pursuit of. Truth this underman undermines journalism's role in holding the powerful accountable and threatens the well being of innocent. RESIDENCE i urge The Denver post In Shelley bradbury to reconsider this approach and focus on investigating the substantive issues our community is. RAISED i also call On denver residents and supporters to stand with us in defending free speech and protecting those who contribute to my.
Speaker 6: Mission, Sincerely Do Better denver your, Move Denver post.
Speaker 5: Want to share this onen This texter Said, mandy we should Dox shelley and that IS i absolutely understand that feeling because that's essentially what they're going to do to three people whose quote crime is contributing to the Do Better denver social media. Account, Right but, no, no doxing is, wrong even when it's done to someone you disagree.
Speaker 6: With that's kind of the point.
Speaker 5: Here AND i gotta tell you, GUYS i in the environment that we're in right, now it simply is not worth it to put someone's information out there in the hopes that something bad, Happens because.
Speaker 6: What if something bad does?
Speaker 5: Happen so what you've gotten someone that you disagree with killed because of something they.
Speaker 6: Did that's beyond the.
Speaker 5: Pale and, FRANKLY i wrote back this texture, said why what happened to fighting fire with? FIRE i am firmly in the we're better than that, camp you. KNOW i don't know if it's A southern, thing but sometimes and my grandmother would say this to me all the. Time you'd see kids kind of act in the, fool, right or doing something THAT i wanted to do BUT i didn't get to do because my nana was, like, no you're not doing.
Speaker 6: That and my nana would always.
Speaker 5: Just look at me and, say, well we're better than, that not we're better than the. People we're better than those, actions, Right AND i believe. THAT i try so hard to be consistent with my belief, system AND i understand the. URGE i get it at one hundred, percent BUT i don't want anyone. Doxed that does not solve the. Problem the texter, RESPONDED i just think she docks is the do better. Folks she deserves the same. TREATMENT i understand. That and you know, what if we all operate from a revenge, platform, fine But i'm just not Gonna i'm not going to. Participate i'm not going to suggest. It and maybe it goes back to the fact that WHEN i was eight and a half months, PREGNANT i pulled into my driveway and a guy pulled in behind me with a scary serial killer. VAN i am so pregnant it's not even. Funny he hops out of his van, Says oh my, Gosh, Mandy i've been looking all over for. YOU i, mean it was it's nothing bad. Happened he was, harmless but we did have THE swat team meet him on the way out of my neighborhood just in. Case, anyway head of THE swat team might have been a really good friend of, ours but it's terrifying to feel that at your. House AND i am one who BELIEVES i don't think we should protest outside politicians'. HOUSES i don't think we should protest Outside Supreme court justice. HOUSES i don't think any of that is. Acceptable we should be allowed to have some kind of. Boundaries and if The Denver post is willing to violate the boundaries of these three, People i'm not going to jump on and do the same thing As i'm sitting here giving them the business because.
Speaker 6: They're about to do.
Speaker 5: IT i understand the, URGE i really, do but that is not WHAT i want to have happened. Here WHAT i want to have happen is for them to rethink their decision to out three people whose crime and again air quotes around that is contributing to a website that is trying to shine a light on what needs to be In.
Speaker 6: Denver so there's more on. That we shall. See we shall. See we'll look for.
Speaker 5: The story in the next couple of. Days This texter, said my mother always, said remember who you.
Speaker 6: ARE i like that one.
Speaker 5: Too mandy isn't do Better denver in a, way a whistleblower kind of Organization that is a really good.
Speaker 6: Way to look at, IT a really good way to look.
Speaker 1: At, It.
Speaker 5: Mandy the problem With We're better is that mindset is it doesn't work both. WAYS i don't, care And i'll say this to my, kid AND i say it to. MYSELF i can't control anybody else's. BEHAVIOR i can't control a single. THING i can't Control chuck's. BEHAVIOR i can't control my daughter's. Behavior ALL i can do is control my own behavior and make sure that ANYTHING i touch the people That i'm, around THAT i am making their world and their lives better instead of making it. Worse so whatever they, DO i can't control. THAT i, mean you, know they're on their own and and you know, what if they docks these people and they lose their jobs or something horrible, happens then they can sit with.
Speaker 6: That maybe they don't. CARE i don't.
Speaker 5: Know, hey wouldn't it be, funny this is totally shifting. Gears wouldn't it be funny if we found out that all of the people that are trying to get us to net zero and all renewables in order to basically cripple our economy are being manipulated by The chinese communists wouldn't.
Speaker 6: It, yeah that's kind of what's. Happening i've got that.
Speaker 5: NEXT i refuse to engage on The Sydney sweeney as a Fascist nazi because she did A genes commercial thing and has a great. RACK i am now watching a. Video i'm not listening to it BECAUSE i you, KNOW i don't want MY iq to. Drop An African american woman who said Watching Sydney sweeney's commercial it broke her down in tears and she needs good white people to stand up and do something about. THIS i don't understand. It it's it's almost almost the dumbest Thing i've ever.
Speaker 4: Heard does she have like a history of being A trump? Supporter, okay her mom.
Speaker 5: Had she had a birthday party for her mom where they had hats Made. Grant they were red hats that they said make old great. Again get, it maga make. Old and that was all it took for The internet to decide That Sidney sweeney was an out.
Speaker 6: Set that's that's.
Speaker 5: It IF i Were Sidney, SWEENEY i would be, LIKE i don't, know we're not talking about. This we're going to talk about something more. Important this is an actual story that. Matters great commercials, though, yeah thank, you, yeah. Lovely they're nothing compared to The Brookshields Calvin klan commercials from back in the, day were she literally put on a pair.
Speaker 6: Of pants fantastic in the.
Speaker 5: Commercial, okay, okay let me just go over this really really. QUICKLY a couple of things are happening right Now. China china is developing more than four hundred and fifty coal mining sites Across, china four hundred and fifty nearly forty percent are under construction or in test.
Speaker 6: Operation and right, now coal miners from around the.
Speaker 5: World we don't have to worry about here in The United states because we've shut down all of our coal. Miners we've put people out of business over and over and over. Again But australia And indonesia are freaking out because If china digs coal at the rate that they look like they're about to dig, coal it.
Speaker 6: Is going to tank the price of.
Speaker 5: Coal, now WHEN i saw, THIS i immediately thought about the fact That, CHINA i think is well known and if you don't know, this well prepared to be, dazzled Because china has been funding the green movement for a very long. TIME i went to groc today BECAUSE i already knew. This i've read this a million. Times AND i went To groc AND i, Said, grog, uh just trying to fund our green energy organizations with. Sources and this is What groc had to. Say AND i clicked through the sources just to see where he grabbed. Him and this is indeed what those sources. Said, yes there are multiple, reports congressional, inquiries and analyzes indicating That, china through entities closely tied to The Chinese Communist, party provides funding to A us based green energy and climate advocacy. Organizations these finds are often channel via The Energy Foundation CHINA, efc A us registered five oh ONE c three nonprofit that spun off from the ORIGINAL Us Energy foundation in twenty. Nineteen while technically headquartered In San, FRANCISCO efc operates primarily out Of, beijing with deep connections to THE ccp officials and oversight By China's National Development Reform. Commission critics argue this funding Advances china's strategic interest by promoting policies that UNDERMINE us fossil fuel production while boosting reliance On chinese dominated renewable supply chains.
Speaker 8: Such as solar.
Speaker 6: Panels and.
Speaker 5: BATTERIES efc has reportedly granted over five hundred million to four thousand projects, globally INCLUDING us initiatives focused on energy, conservation efficiency and. Decarbonization although EESC's primary focus is On, china it provides grants to SOME us organizations working in these. Areas now you know, WHY i know That china does not care about the environment and carbon and fossil fuels in any of that, Stuff Because china's construction of new coal fired power plants reached a ten year high in twenty twenty. Four they have built ninety four point five five gigawatts of new coal power capacity and resumed three point three gigawatts of suspended projects in twenty twenty, four highest level of construction in ten.
Speaker 6: Years the accelerated build, out fueled by.
Speaker 5: Investment from the coal mining, sector raises critical concerns About china's ability to transition away from the fossil Fuel, really do you think it?
Speaker 6: Does do you think the fact that they've got four.
Speaker 5: Hundred and fifty coal mines in the works right now and they built more coal fired power plants in the last year than they have in the prior Ten do you think maybe those things together would indicate That china not only has no intention of lowering as carbon, emissions they are ramping them. Up and yet at the same, time they're very cleverly funding organizations that are telling every one of The United states that if we don't do something about carbon, emissions we're all gonna. Die you got Little gretethumburg running around the. World, wow dah YOU i Dare Grete thunberg go say that In?
Speaker 6: China that would be something to. Watch that'd be.
Speaker 5: COOL i, MEAN i wonder how old she'd be when she got out of. Prison this is such a great. STRATEGY i, mean this is the best Strategy i've heard in so. Long convince us that the most, abundant most efficient source of energy that we, have fossil, fuels is, bad so we will then further cripple our own industrial. Capacity when you look at What germany has. Done germany went all in on renewable energy about twenty years, ago and they have THAT i can't remember the name of. It it's Like gundervind or. Something it's Some german name for wind. Power and they went all. In and now these brief years, later two things have happened In germany that are incredibly. Significant energy prices are in absolutely. Nuts in the, winter it can be one thousand dollars to heat a five hundred square foot. Apartment one thousand dollars for that imagine in a house the size that we have here in The United. States And germany has absolutely gutted its industrial sector because no industry can operate without cheap and abundant. Power And germany just took it off the. Table and by the, way are they still net? Zero, no they're buying natural gas From, russia of all. Places this is a genius stroke by the COMMUNIST i mean, genius get us to destroy our own ability to create energy at the exact moment THAT ai is. ASCENDANT ai is incredibly energy. INTENSIVE i read an. ARTICLE i don't THINK i put it on the. Blog MAYBE i, Did MAYBE i. Didn't that the largest power grid in the, country it's A midwestern power. Grid it Covers, Illinois, Ohio it's Got West virginia and, there it's got all these states that are part of THE pgm power. Grid it's so big and they have so much energy production that usually they have a surplus of energy that they can then sell to other. Grids this year, alone they've had ten different days where they had to issue a warning to their customers that they were using at peak.
Speaker 6: Capacity you know WHY.
Speaker 5: Ai so now this power grid is telling artificial intelligence, companies if you're going to build AN ai, farm WHICH i guess is just thousands and thousands of servers doing all THIS ai, work you're going to have to provide your own power. Source so this got me to looking at different things around the. COUNTRY i looked and found one small nuclear reactor In, california which is. Fascinating it's actually a hydrogen. Plant it separates hydrogen from water and then it uses the hydrogen to burn for. Energy, right really, amazing and it uses a small nuclear reactor to power all this.
Speaker 6: Stuff it's. FASCINATING i reached out to the company to do an interview and they just. Declined.
Speaker 5: Today they were, like we appreciate your, interest but, No and that was, literally, wait let me just all read you the.
Speaker 6: Email the name of the company is called News.
Speaker 8: Scale where is?
Speaker 6: It where is? It where is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 6: Oh dang. IT i might have deleted it out of.
Speaker 5: Aggravation but we're in a situation in The United states we're allowing our energy policy to be made by people that do not have our best interest at, heart not at, all not even a little.
Speaker 6: Bit so let me. See, oh here we.
Speaker 5: Go the name of the company Is New scale and it, says, Hello, mandy thank you for your interest in new scale. Power we appreciate your, request but politely declined the. Opportunity why why don't they want to talk about this.
Speaker 6: Stuff we have to.
Speaker 5: Figure out how to expose the people are being funded By chinese. Communists we have to figure out a way to expose the fact That china is not serious at all about carbon emissions.
Speaker 3: At.
Speaker 5: All they're not even pretending to be serious about carbon. Emissions what they're doing is sort of forcing us to decap our own ability to create.
Speaker 6: Power you, know.
Speaker 5: When you live In, florida on your, home it is a very smart move to have a generator because you have so many. Instances most of the power lines In florida are above. Ground and you think to, yourself that's. Stupid you guys get hit by. Hurricanes but the reality is is that in many parts Of, florida when you dig like you're gonna dig to bury, something there's so much water in the ground that you have to deal with a completely separate set of issues about buried power. Lines it can be, done but it's really expensive and really a. Pain so many of the power lines are above above, ground and you get hit with tropical storms and all kinds of events and you lose power so. REGULARITY i, mean not every, Day i'm not talking about, that but it's always nice to have a whole home generator on your.
Speaker 6: Home for those. Occasions i'm here to tell.
Speaker 5: You that if we keep going down this renewable energy path that we are, headed you better have a generator on your home because there's going to be rolling. Brownouts there's going to be blackouts because our energy demand is only getting. Bigger we're not reducing the need for. Energy everything in our lives runs on. Electricity how that electricity is generated is the only point of. Contention nobody's, saying you know, what we should not be using our lights at home at. Night we, should but they will tell you to run your air conditioner at eighty five when it's one hundred and two degrees. Outside by the, Way, no that's my. Answer, No i'm not doing. It And china has got to be just laughing their heads off at us about how easily we are. Manipulated just put out of video with some polar bears.
Speaker 6: And tell people they're.
Speaker 5: Dying they'll demands windmills or something that's inefficient and.
Speaker 6: Unreliable it's REALLY i, mean it's a great. Racket you.
Speaker 5: Know one of the things THAT i don't understand about our strategy when it comes To russia is why we don't just go and Pull american oil, producers pull them all in a room, together all the big, players and, say, look, GUYS i know that if we ask you to just drill your heads off and create as much oil as you could possibly get out of the, ground that it's going to tank oil prices because it'll be a glut on the. Market but we need you to do it anyway as a matter of national, security because if you can tank oil, prices you know what happens To russia's ability to Fight it completely.
Speaker 6: Disappears if you tank oil.
Speaker 5: Prices do you know what happens to A ron's ability to send missiles To, israel To iraq to anywhere.
Speaker 6: Else it's completely.
Speaker 5: Gone they have no other means in their economy of any significance other than oil. Production and if The United states simply. Decided you know, what, guys we've got to take one for the. Team whatever we need to. Do we're gonna subsidize oil. Companies we're gonna bottom out the. Market we're gonna subsidize the companies to keep them going until the market can come back. Up but we are going to starve all the bad actors that produce oil and bring them to their knees, economically because that will bring them to their knees.
Speaker 6: Militarily i've got to feel the same way About.
Speaker 5: China we're letting them make our policy when it comes to energy when we should be doing the exact. Opposite you want to make sure That china can't dominate, industry that we need to figure out ways to produce power at a high level that is consistent and. Inexpensive oh, wait we have natural. Gas what about small nuclear. Reactors we need to be getting on this stuff now instead of just running a talking about how windmills and solar. Panels by the, way solar panels which cannot be built unless we get rare earth minerals From, china and they're not all that, rare by the, way rare earth, minerals they're only rare because they're really hard to get out of the. Ground and in The United, states where we have an absolute crap ton of these, minerals the environmentalists will not let us mine. Them So, china where, ENVIRONMENTALISTS i guess they don't get a lot of. Play they're probably all dead or in. Prison they can't stop anything In china because it's The chinese communists and they do whatever they. WANT i, mean it's really a strategy that's. Masterful unfortunately it's someone else's strategy against. Us But i'm sure it'll be, fine totally positive that it will be. Fine nothing to, see look, away just keep on. Moving couple great videos on the blog today Before ryan comes. In one is Its Constantine, kissen WHO i absolutely, love talking about why the conflict In gaza will not. End if you're looking to book a, cruise one of my favorite YouTube Channels tips For travelers With Gary.
Speaker 6: Bembridge he has five cruises you do not want a. Book and THEN.
Speaker 5: I, KNOW i talk a lot AND i joke a lot ABOUT ai taking over the, world but TO ai is taking over the. World and WHENEVER i see a video THAT i think is especially useful about something like CHAT gpt or some other form OF. Ai i'm gonna put it on the, blog and there's a really good one on. Today if you want to find out how you personally could benefit from using, CHAT gpt or other artificial intelligence to streamline your. Job this video has twenty five things you didn't know CHAT gpt could. Do, okay some of THEM i did know that CHAT gpt could. DO i, did but some of THEM i didn't and NOW i. Do so that is on the blog as well today tomorrow on the. Program let me see what's on tomorrow's, program because, oh on the top of my, head robbed us and just walked.
Speaker 6: IN i got nothing.
Speaker 5: Robbed we have Weather wednesday, tomorrow AND i think we Have Weld County Commissioner Scott James. On he has been writing extensively about the immigration reform bill That Representative Gabe evans has co, sponsored And scott makes a great case for this, bill And i'm very pleased to See republicans coming out already and, saying, look we need to do something on this. Issue we've got border security right, Now we've got more money going to border security because of the big beautiful. Bill we actually have the opportunity to solve this problem when we're not in panic, mode which is where we've always made immigration policy from. Previously so, anyway Robbed duson has entered the studio news director robbed us.
Speaker 6: A man about. Town how are? You i'm, Good, Rob i'm very good about. Yourself pretty. Good this humidity reminds me of. Home this humidity.
Speaker 5: Sucks it's one of the REASONS i moved away From florida and one of the REASONS i didn't spend a lot of time on my hair this. MORNING i like, you thank, you thank. You it was LIKE i brushed it and, went, ah that's. Good no point in trying to do anything else on a date like. THIS i do know that for my time living In. Florida and now it's time for the most exciting segment all the radio of its.
Speaker 6: Gime in the words.
Speaker 5: Of that, Day rob is the only one who makes it sound, ominous, right, like like of the day is gonna come kill you in the middle of the. Night what is our dad joke of the, day.
Speaker 4: Please Rob, dawson never date a tennis player means. Nothing oh, okay that's that's.
Speaker 6: GOOD i like that one a. Lot, actually today's word of the day. Please word of the day today is a verb.
Speaker 5: Quibble quibble means to kind of squabble about, something to argue about something not in it just a.
Speaker 8: Like you know it is?
Speaker 6: It dowers are a little bit more.
Speaker 8: WORRY i don't.
Speaker 6: KNOW i think it's. Quibble IS i Think i'm? Right aren't? You or complain about small unimportant. Things, yeah there you. Go today's trivia.
Speaker 5: Question what stand up comedian released a comedy special On netflix in twenty twenty one Called INSIDE i Don't, KNOW i have no Idea Phil.
Speaker 6: Burr, well if you don't, know you don't Know Bo. Burnham it was, very very. Funny is he the guy who.
Speaker 5: Goes the Songs Jeffrey, Baz, yes, yes BUT i don't think he's performing.
Speaker 6: ANYMORE i don't.
Speaker 4: Know but his stand up special he released during HIS i guess is more of a documentary DURING covid is one of the best comedy pieces you.
Speaker 6: Have that might be it that we're talking about right. Now that might be the name of.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 5: Yeah it Features burnham's trademark musical comedy reflects on his experiences of isolation during the early Months So good of THE covid nineteen. Pandemic so that is inside By Bo. Burnham what is today's trivia or rather jeopardy?
Speaker 6: Category pretty category for? TODAY a job in? Television? Okay?
Speaker 4: Characters, okay this title guy is a fry fry cook under the Sea.
Speaker 6: Manny who Is SpongeBob? SquarePants? Correct? Okay wait what is this such a job in? Television?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay for eleven years this character was miserable as a women's shoe.
Speaker 6: Salesman many who is L? Bundy? Correct married with? Children?
Speaker 4: Okay Barbara feldon had this job and her most famous role On Get.
Speaker 5: SMART i THINK i, know BUT i don't want to guess Because i'm sitting on a shoo.
Speaker 6: Zero you get a lot of time. Expire?
Speaker 3: Yeah what is a?
Speaker 6: Spy? Okay, yes THEN i was right AND i just should have answered that.
Speaker 4: Question go, ahead good luck with this. One, yeah it's the job of the. Extraordinary Woo Young wu a streaming. Favorite W Young.
Speaker 6: Woo it's. Drama no, CLUE i had to look that, up had no IDEA a? Lawyer oh of, COURSE i, mean of, course oh That Woo woo young.
Speaker 8: Foo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, Right, rob here's your chance for a point on two and a half. Men Charlie harper was the specific type of ad Writer.
Speaker 6: Rob what is jingle? Artists? Correct oh my, gosh he's on the board. Anyway, woof that was. Tough was a good thing you didn't answer that question if you thought it might be. Wrong, yeah oh, No i'm. Not i'm sitting on the, lead but that kind of. LEAD i was, like, No i'm not doing Anything.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow we've got a big show coming, up and of course the morning show will Be in the afternoon, show we'll be talking about training, camp which has been really really interesting to follow along on our social.
Speaker 6: Media are they there? Today they are.
Speaker 4: Not But ryan had a great interview with newly ACQUIRED. Jk dobbins the running. Back we're going to air a little bit of that ON Ko. Sports we give you access that other people. Can't i'm just saying because that's what we do as The broncos. Station it's an exciting time to be A broncos. Fan let's face, IT i mean it really. Is this is like the first time in.
Speaker 5: Years, yeah, yeah we're we're genuinely you feel hopeful and then there's not that little voice inside your head going what are you?
Speaker 4: Doing what are you doing like every YEAR i talked myself in to being hopeful. Exactly my last year was the first YEAR i was, like all, Right i'm just gonna. Yeah and now we've got our second year FRANCHISE, qb we've got playoff.
Speaker 6: Hopes it's. Exciting now do The.
Speaker 5: Rockies, anyway let's turn it over to K. Sports Thanks. Grant we'll be back.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow