Speaker 1: Hm, it's that time of the month. Time to get haud. It's the Hard Foundation Bonus episode. We're the hosts the Major King, mat Codona, maxim Ammendment, Brian Myers, and up the silver Balls himself slock Clock Stall.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome everyone to the UH Developmental Park three bonus episode here on the Hard Foundation tier of the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast Patreon. I am your moderator today, Smart Mark Sterling, a square doc, silver Balls, Phil Jackson, a wrestling figure collecting and I'm joined by the Developmental Wrestlers themselves, first fighting out of Merrick, New York, US living in Merrick, New York.
Speaker 3: All right, that would be me, Brian Majors, two time Deep South Tag Team champion and one time OVW Tech Team Champion.
Speaker 2: And now currently living in floor.
Speaker 1: We're only we're only one time OBW.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: We haven't even told that story in these which is unbelievable that they got like livid at us because we had the vacation days and they put the titles on us.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna start with that story.
Speaker 4: But who shows screaming at us? Yes, yes, I do. I just saw Brusky's mind. Go oh my God, that did happen?
Speaker 1: Anyways, Brett Major's here. Uh, you know, one half of the Major's brothers eventually turns into the Major brothers. This this development, yeah, yes, and development. Oh I guess yeah, I guess yeah. This kind of went off the rails. It was supposed to be one episode to two. Listen, we might come back to it. There's no way we can fill this in three episodes. I've been talking to the Dark Side of the Ring people, like giving them information, footage and pleading my case why Deep South Wrestling should be in the next Dark Side of the Ring. But it hasn't happy ending. You know what I'm saying. Kobe Kingston, you know.
Speaker 3: The most comical dark side ever, right, yeah, But there's a lot of twisted things also, Like Deep South Wrestling closes down, okay, pictures mark.
Speaker 1: Deep Southresting closes down because somebody name, well, let's say his name rhymes with gets a blow job in the Mexico, the Mexican restaurant that we have to like smooth people with, and then Big Veto walks in on that said blowjob reports him to the owner of Deep South Wrestling, who tries to convince to turn himself in. It's in that he forced himself on this woman, which he did not are dead while he's on the phone. That's what they're paying for here.
Speaker 4: The public does not know the story.
Speaker 2: I don't what if I deleted the name?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So then anyway, I'll just bleep it for you.
Speaker 4: I'll just bleep before you.
Speaker 1: Is on the phone with WWE offices and he doesn't realize. So later on that he's on speakerphone and John Lauren I was like.
Speaker 4: We did you come?
Speaker 1: It's an insane but he doesn't realize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the final straw that you know that broke the back of Deep South.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to ask questions on this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course, Okay, it's a consensual situation.
Speaker 1: Yes. Now, so Big Video Deep South, Deep South a crush. Big Video had a crush on this said woman. We'll just call her.
Speaker 4: We'll call her, should we bleep?
Speaker 1: I mean, all right, well, bleep, bleep, we're bleeping.
Speaker 3: Check the identities of the so anyway for so legendly all allegedly of course.
Speaker 1: So we're at this this Mexican restaurant because it was the most awkward thing ever, because these people are trying to enjoy this fine cuisine, and we're like, hey, we're Brian Major Brothers. Come to Deep South Wrestling every.
Speaker 4: Thursday night, Southwest, so asked backwards.
Speaker 3: We'd have to like interrupt families while they're having a Mexican restaurant dinner on Wednesday nights and be like, Hi, I'm Brian Majors. Are you enjoying your casadilla? Well, if you're doing that, you'll enjoy Deep South Wrestling each and every Thursday night down at blah blah blah blah Road. Come see us live.
Speaker 2: How did this not come out in the I am Are you guys messing with me?
Speaker 1: No, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's so much information, so much it's it's and especially to look back on in like more mature eyes.
Speaker 1: It's like because some of it just it just felt so normal.
Speaker 4: We were also so like young and dumb.
Speaker 3: We just did whatever we're told and like did the best of our abilities and didn't question things. And then you back on it as a thirty six year old going, what.
Speaker 2: The okay, so you got to go to a Mexican restaurant? Now, what level of Mexican restaurant were talking? Are we talking? It's somewhere between Taco Bell and the restaurant that Matt likes to go to an Epcot. Where are we?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's I'm trying to think of like it's like a Chilia's, but not a chill.
Speaker 1: Okay, like like a two and a half out of five.
Speaker 4: On hell yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we're forced this is like basically like the Street Team every Wednesday. But it's so embarrassing and you know, like degrading. We we end up just all getting smashed at the bar and like conjred getting around the bar and getting smashed.
Speaker 2: So you walk up to a table and you're just like, hey, guys, sorry, interrupt cold.
Speaker 4: Like interrupt families while they're eating.
Speaker 1: Now that's who we're supposed to introduce who we are. We're all away, We're all guilty. After like ten minutes, we all get well, no, no, the restaurants in on it.
Speaker 3: The restaurant was wanted us there, or there was some kind of weird brother deal, right yeah.
Speaker 1: But then like listen, after we go up to a couple of families, we all just got to.
Speaker 3: Quit and drink it so degrading you just start to ripping out to the bar and having some bears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: All right, so you guys are ripping shots.
Speaker 4: You know, jeez, mar got all that work today he's.
Speaker 1: Allegedly getting a below jobs all in comes big veto. Now I don't know if he was wearing the dress this night or not.
Speaker 3: No, this might be when he was trying to be this muy TiVo muy tivto.
Speaker 2: Okay, But so what I don't understand is how is him admitting, like changing the story to that he was doing this bad act because.
Speaker 1: It would protect the market rep and protect keeps out the wrestling, it would.
Speaker 3: Keep Deep South open. And then just Barry said guilty person into like basically not having a career anymore. Like basically it was like his sacrifice to save Deep South. And he was just like, no, yeah, right, it's insane. Who would say, who on earth would be like, hmm, yeah me save Deep South? Make up that I did something that you know, absurd?
Speaker 2: My god? All right, yeah, let's let's go this it back or forward, tell me this, tell me this story about the tag titles. And they got mad.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Broski clearly forgot this. But we sat on a couple episodes ago. I'm sure Deep South closes like literally to us abruptly, but that's because of this incident was like the final straw that we didn't learn for a couple of years later as to what really happened. And literally that night John Lorneidis was came down to McDonough and told us that us us to Brad Jay, Jesse Festus and I think Angelia Love, We're all going to OVW immediately because we were like the closest to being called up and everyone else was going to go start what would become FCW. So like and we talked about another episodes we went and shure we definitely had that like group hug with like Boucie and for everybody had some heat hon us. They like I think OVW was initially excited to have us, and looking back on it, it's a lot of it's our fault with our attitudes because we were not excited to be there, like we just like we're already called up, you know, so we get called up in the literally the two three weeks it takes to get to OVW, we got called up, so we were pretty checked out of like even being there. And we also in our minds like this is just a little pit stop. Even though we wound up being there for like eight months or whatever, like Johnny Wann let.
Speaker 1: Us seven months. I'll never get.
Speaker 4: It's like May to December, December, December. Yeah, we come home like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: That that fall is the training at OVW as brutal or is it kind.
Speaker 3: Of like not even close, not even close, but it was brutal in another way like Deep South, you're doing like just taking years off your life with like bumps and squats and push ups like an unholy amount, like where it was like dangerous as hell OBEW. You didn't even break a sweat. You went in and Ali Snow just talked to you about stuff and maybe had like one guy in the ring and like with demo stuff, and it was just so boring that it was like taking its toll.
Speaker 1: I only remember actually training in OBW like once, and like Robert Gibson was telling people that they're running the ropes the wrong game.
Speaker 3: Then like yeah, there's stuff like that. And then also we should say that we because we hit we're on a full road schedule. We missed a lot of days, so we'd come and only do like a class because we're on the road the other days of the week, and they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we'd come right in and then it would be like TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I'm saying, right, Yeah, so yeah, because we would land Wednesday morning and have to go right to TV.
Speaker 1: And then we were able to skip like the morning practice. Yeah, not practice, but it was like the morning meeting, remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we would miss like obviously Monday and Tuesday of training because we bed TVs so.
Speaker 1: And then to Obw's credit, they did a lot of live events, house shows. They did a lot like all weekend long, so.
Speaker 4: We would do that.
Speaker 3: Those things would be attended by you know, it could be a six flag show where there's hundreds of people there, or show in literally Bumblefuck Kentucky in front of twenty people, twelve people insane.
Speaker 2: And Cornett is he's not there.
Speaker 4: Gone long gone.
Speaker 3: It's Danny Davis al Snow. I guess they're writing the show. So I think who's writing the show? Because even the Hayman error is over. We didn't get like the Hayman era of it. So uh anyway, they initially I guess they were excited to have us, and they write their TVs like you know, in an old school way where things are mapped out and they put the straps on us and Brad Jay like pretty fast and he's the world champion where the tag chance. We have this picture in our apartment that's like pretty obnoxious where we're all holding the.
Speaker 4: Belts and stuff.
Speaker 2: Who's Jay?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Bradley, j J. Bradley.
Speaker 3: He was Ryan Braddock in w B for like three minutes. Aiden o'sha an impact is like his last run, maybe his biggest run. He was like Billy Corgan's like bodyguard dude. Maybe he's had a lot of He actually was in Punk and Cabana's training class.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, they steal. Yeah, so he's he's been around.
Speaker 3: So we put in we were somehow we were allowed to like put in like vacation time because we had been running so hot where we were gonna go home for like a weekend and not like maybe we didn't have live of WWE live events, so we put it in. And I don't want to throw Boosie completely under the bus in this, but it was something where he didn't tell them, but he okayed it and he was like our boss boss. And then when OBW found out, it was like way too late and they put the titles and they were like livid that we couldn't be around for like a weekend of their live events or something. But it was like what were the repercussions did? Dan Davis screamed at us, like screamed at us like he was so mad, and then we lost the belt like it was almost it was like uh RVD and sad who getting busted with pot situation, Like we lost them like immediately want but like.
Speaker 1: The thing was like it was like punishment, but we didn't give the Yeah, man, I can't even remember who beat us that I cared so little. I don't remember I remember winning them or losing.
Speaker 3: That's how meaning I know we won them at six Flags from bam Neely and Maso right Toamaso uh Champa and the ham. It was a three on two tag match and I pinned to Masco Champa to win the OVW tagtiles, which, which is pretty insane to Masso got like the weirdest like unreal, unfair shaken developmentally. He was signed for like not even six months and they like made him a manager because he was so tiny, which is.
Speaker 4: Like unbelievable to believe.
Speaker 3: Now he's done, I know, yeah, is that crazy?
Speaker 2: That is wild?
Speaker 3: And then randomly just got fired like one day, like he was fired like nobody else.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even like a group it was. I remember thinking it was so strange.
Speaker 2: But I thought I heard something about him jumping a guardrail as an or there was an extra story about an extra jump in the guardrail to shake hands with Triple H. And then for some reason I remember maybe that was him or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I forgot. I said that, let's.
Speaker 3: Let's really we have to like look that up. The Oxenhammer beat us back to get him back. I have no clue, no idea.
Speaker 4: I literally have no memory. That's sad.
Speaker 2: That was the name of their of their tag name, Oxen Hammer.
Speaker 3: VAM nearly was the Ox and Charles the Hammer Evans was his partner, and there were Ox and Hammer.
Speaker 1: Cool and then ox or which one becomes bam neely Ox.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if we've answered this. What was your entrance music at Deep South and what was it at OVW In Deep South?
Speaker 4: It was they had like I'll never forget this.
Speaker 3: So the guy that helped out at Deep South or I guess he was employed there was Neil Neil Pruitt. He's the voice of the He's the voice of New New.
Speaker 4: New World Order.
Speaker 3: He is the he is that voice. And he made those original like nw O vignettes and worked for w W like new New, New New World Order.
Speaker 1: He sent me a happy birthday thay on Facebook. He said like New World Order for life. But uh, well that's how I read it. I remember when we first started. He showed us.
Speaker 3: He took us into like the production room whatever, and there was like books of CDs and they were old like generic w CW entrance themes that like we could pick through.
Speaker 4: That's how we found the one we used.
Speaker 2: So it was just what random like sound.
Speaker 3: Random brothered out like it was almost like take the Snake or something a little bit yeah okay.
Speaker 1: But then obew, you could use real music.
Speaker 4: What one thing? For sure we were excited about OVW.
Speaker 3: So one of ow's using real music like ECB style, We're like, whoa yeah, and we were going really into Daughtry at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I want, what I need?
Speaker 4: I forgot what it was called, but it's something Dawtry, It's what I want and it's Dawtry and Slash from Guns N' Roses. That's why it's got like the cool like beat.
Speaker 2: To not remembering anything about that song.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a radio hit, but we like, we liked the album. We had the CD. Yeah, we would like, let's do it in the car and it was Prosy's idea and I was like, you know what, I'm on board.
Speaker 2: I was a Daughtry fan in that season of American Idol, all right. The whole deal of this, uh you know a thing, thank some of Bud.
Speaker 1: You don't know that.
Speaker 4: It's not picking up there.
Speaker 1: I was today years old when I realized it had Slash in it.
Speaker 4: Though you serious?
Speaker 1: I'm serious?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I'm now added to my playlist.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, It's been on my for years. All right.
Speaker 2: So the gimmick of these episodes is that people ask questions. I've noticed that a couple are asking similar or possibly the same questions as all.
Speaker 4: You think it's been been hashed upon. Just steer clear of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I sort of can't even remember what we've talked about, but are going to work through these things.
Speaker 4: So easy to talk about this because there's so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we ask a question, then it jogs your memory, and that too, all right, why it, Adam, what was the toughest criticism somebody gave you? And I know that people yelled at you a lot, So let's think about something that was like maybe real, like that was pretty tough.
Speaker 1: But I mean, what about having a tag tea match and coming through the curtain and there's angry, angry Bob Holly there, Well that's not he says it sucked. Bride's like, well, what exactly what you like about it?
Speaker 3: But I'll take this from the top and and you know what, this is a very arrogant answer that question. By the way, Mark, we were so young that like there was just so much room for improvement, so like you know what I mean, it wasn't like.
Speaker 1: And that's why you're in developmental to learn it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: To me, yeah, that's why you know it should be like where you get better. So like I don't really recall being like epically crushed by someone saying like, you know, we just got better little by little and learned and tried really really.
Speaker 4: Fucking hard, and like paid off.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Bob Holly, I believe it's like right, oh, it's it's right before his ECW run where he gets that cut on his back that they they play in like forever. Basically, yeah, you know, he takes that that table bump and he has the bat. It's right up to that he had. He was coming off some big injury, maybe a neckinger or something, and I guess he asked or was sent to Deep South the rehab. But he's Bob Holly, He's not like in the classes or whatever. And he would from my recollection, it was about three weeks and he would just show up and you didn't know when he was gonna show up.
Speaker 4: And it was literally like like it was the air was coming out of him. He was so scary, dude. The doors are just so intense.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, it's Bob and like he was just so terrifying. And the two main things I remember about this run is one, well, one, he loved Gallows because I think he thought Gallows was like an old school brother and he gave him a pass and like really loved him. And then he was mean as fucked like everybody, but he wasn't mean the Broskian.
Speaker 1: Eye no, and I remember he's he told us that he was gonna get us called up, or at least gonna try out. Then he was telling me like how to gain weight, like eat hot dogs in the middle of the night, like he was being he was being as nice as possibly could. I remember eating hot dogs with no bun in the middle of the night, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but he was still so scary. I remember we did this one time. We were doing something and he wasn't even he was like watching from the other side of the rail. Was part of the class, and it was this kid, Chris Rambowla who never made it or anything and he quit the biz. But he was tying up. But he's like, you tie up like a fucking pussy. And then he hopped the rail and he gets in. He's like like this and he keeps doing a power and lbo tie. But every time he would do it, he would slip like a big like right jab across his face and kind of punching him in the face every time, like on purpose, to the point where like they just keep tying up, tying up, tying on. By the time it's over, this kid is like shaking. He's got a bloody lip coming like trickling down and stuff. He's like, that's how you tie up, you fucking bitch. It was like just nuts man. And then so like we didn't have any run ins with him when and like Brosky said, we thought we were like even kind of cool with him. So he was at our show and we had and I'm in my mind like a fine mash like Knocks and Derrek Nikerk, Mike Knox and Dark Niker were replected basically the top guys of Deep South, Like there was no one, you know, in a higher echelon, and we hung with them, had this like I thought, okay, tag or whatever. And we got in the back and Bob's there and we were like, hey, Bob, did you see the match?
Speaker 1: Wed you think?
Speaker 3: He goes yeah, and then we were like what And then like I was like it felt like an eternity, But I'm like, oh, I can't just leave it at that, Like I gotta like follow up, and.
Speaker 2: Bro I'm not in that situation, but I've certainly been in the situation where you get a shitty response. So then you're like, do I just Homer in the bush?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You gotta probably what I should have done.
Speaker 2: You gotta go, like I said something.
Speaker 3: I said something like, well, Bob, like what particularly did you not like about that? And he just sat and then he like and like that turned heads like it was so loud. It was that everyone in locker rooms like looking at us now. And then he like stormed away and went out the back door. And then we didn't see him until we were on the main roster with him.
Speaker 1: And then he said, yeah, I had to you have to bleep the word market. Yeah, the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The next two times we saw him, one was like, uh, the catering, like when you do overseas tour and you're on two different brands, there's like that one night, like Monday night, like late night, you might run into the other crew because they're coming back from TV's and you're getting to TV's and he saw us and he said.
Speaker 4: Do you let you too?
Speaker 3: And then uh, I think right before that we saw him like when we were doing darks and stuff, and.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe that one was just y'all want to work it. Maybe maybe I can mix the two stories, but still it was intimidating.
Speaker 4: It was definitely an F bomb in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, he's changed now Bob sweet, we love Bob, we love Bob whole things up.
Speaker 2: Wow, he has definitely changed. I've heard podcasts where he kind of like has admitted that he regrets maybe being as mean.
Speaker 3: As he was an intense dude to be around, scary Like I literally he would come in and people's hearts would sink, like, oh no, Bob's here, because like it was already hard enough, and then that would just suck the life out of the room, like this is gonna be terrible, or like who knows what's gonna happen, or who's gonna say the wrong.
Speaker 4: Thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: I remember one time I don't know remembers is he was like teaching a class and he like he would only work with Danny Inferno, Danny Jimondo, and he's basically saying, like he knows what he's doing the rest of you but suck just because Danny had been around here for a long time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna ask this question. Uh, if you guys want to pass, just say pass and we'll move on. Eric anymore, Ben wah stories, you guys had a good one last time.
Speaker 3: That's really I mean, that's it really, uh right, he would have like private workouts with MVP at Deep South and they're getting ready for that Mania match, and we were never like a part of it. We knew they were going on and stuff, but we didn't like hang out with them or sitting in on them or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Steve in Thornton, is there a match that you had or witnessed during Deep South or FCW that you wish more people had the chance to see, whether for good or bad reasons?
Speaker 4: Also, Okay, Omega versus Chrissy Vain practice match? Are you serious? I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 1: You don't remember this?
Speaker 3: No, Like Kenny and Bill DeMott had a very, uh peculiar relationship.
Speaker 4: I would say, I don't know how to really put my finger on it.
Speaker 2: What he hated him?
Speaker 3: Right, He just forever reason made his Kenny's life like a living hell, even though Kenny was obviously very talented.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: We did practice matches one day where Bill it was on the fly and he would just go like you two go, you two go, And he definitely purposely kept Kenny last and he made him go with like the only girl or the odd numbers, and he wrestled Chrissy Vain, who ended up marrying Connor from the Ascension and still wrestles to this day. And I'll never forget that like the heat spot or like the cutoff spot was like something to her butt, like he punched her in the butt or whatever, and like we all popped. But then like he made the whole match makes sense. Like he'd grab like holds like but holes and then like cut off and then like cut her off with like a shot to the butt and like she'd sell like and it made sense and like you're like it was like and it might have been like where the day the theme of the day was like work a body part type thing, and he kind of was like it was kind of like an f you to Bill, and it's super a few to Bill when all the boys are popping for and he's sitting there with like a scowl, like really pissed, you know.
Speaker 4: But I'll never forget that.
Speaker 3: There was also another one, and I'm sure Brosky Ramer says Tommy Swayede versus Kenny Omega practice match where they did like Japanese style, We're like kicking out of like brainbusters on like one and like screaming and all the boys all the boys are popping and shit and Bill just hey did that shit?
Speaker 1: I one match, one match that you can watch of hours. It's somewhere on YouTube. It's when we win the OBW No, no, we win the Deep South titles from Dus and Domino who have both at the time, and that match I got it onto Before the ww network, there was WWE Classics on demand.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course.
Speaker 1: And I had a monthly show on They are called like right in the Smack Dad Middle of the YouTube show run, it was called like Long Island Ice three or Zach Ryder's Ice three, and it was three matches and on one of those shows, it's it's us winning those tag team titles. So it must be on YouTube somewhere. It's got to be somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Memory after that match is like I think Mike Taylor, like youat all the boys to rib us because we're winning their tag titles, and he has them like slap us all on the back as hard as they can, like to congratulate us. But it's on TV and we're celebrating, like going up the ramp, like holding the bells, but the boys are just whacking us in our love handles and shit like as hard as they can.
Speaker 4: And like we're like no selling it. It's like brutal as hell.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know you brought up that thing about the practice matches. It's really tough to pop the boys in a practice match because you're just seeing fifteen matches a lot, right, Yeah. So it's like I love.
Speaker 4: It, like first matches and stuff like crazy, right, Like.
Speaker 2: That favorite that cap is when somebody like brycet on him. It'll put together some sort of really interesting, you know, like out of the box thing and we're all just losing it. That's like special cap.
Speaker 4: Practice match ever, is when Mark quit in the middle of the one.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is the opposite of what we're talking about. That was the artist Mart.
Speaker 4: He's with like a really green person that he can't get him to do like anything he wants to do. And I finally Mark was just.
Speaker 1: Like didn't like raged out of the ring.
Speaker 4: It was like nuts.
Speaker 2: We always talk about twice. It happened twice. Once I I just laid down and let him pin me. The other one was the other one I stopped.
Speaker 3: The other awesome deep self practice match is Broski versus Danny Inferno and he hits his head on the pole.
Speaker 1: Uh, We've talked about that. I think I think like a big stinger splash, hits his shoot. It's is that on the pole, flips out of the ring, which got a big pop. But then he does like the Vince WrestleMania cell up from the apron when we realize he's like a Crimson mask. I was so upset because ibviously that wasn't on TV, and then the only other time I bleed, like of course, like busted limp whatever, But like significantly, We're wrestling Mizzen Morrison on either ECW or SmackDown, but it's taped and they do something where I'm like sitting markting pictures. I'm sitting down, but my legs are inside the ring, but my body's outside the ring, and I'm like sitting so like my butt's on the apron, my legs are the inside, and my chest is against like the ropes, and Morrison does some like sling shot drop kick thing hits me fine, but when I bumped back, I hit the metal beam of the ring in the back of my head, so I started like gushing blood and we finished the match but like they edit around.
Speaker 4: It, so it's like an unreal job editing it.
Speaker 1: Like that's something like we could have used like for sympathy big time, you know, but it's like totally edited out.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy. And also, for the record, we had a lot of really dangerous things planned for the rest of the match, like with that kid, and I was I couldn't get him to like reverse a superlex and I'm like, yeah, I'm not trusting him to throw me into the buckle later. No, f and way, That's why I.
Speaker 4: Just quit, just to see Mark Rage Rage quit.
Speaker 2: Suplex me, suplex me, suplex me, sup plex me, suplex me.
Speaker 4: Alright, the best.
Speaker 2: Also, Steven Thornton says, also was there any gimmick from the developmental that you think would have been great a great figure but was never seen in the main roster? Great question?
Speaker 4: Freaking deacon, freaking deacon?
Speaker 2: What exactly can you tell me? What exactly is the freaking Deacon?
Speaker 1: Because it's also like missing link. I can't even describe what he is.
Speaker 4: Bruiser Brody meets the missing Link, I would say.
Speaker 1: And he's got like a pet spider, but now he not like an Eric Rowan fake spiders, like a real.
Speaker 3: Spider, shoot pet spider that he would like put in his mouth and do all this like creepy stuff with the spider's name was Willow. And I think he went through like five of them because he was just not a good caretaker. But and what he put in his mouth one time, it like stung him or bit him or something.
Speaker 4: He go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I think a high impact. We talked about them before, Mike Taylor and Tony Santarelli. I think they should have been called up. They were like, I think they could have been the next hardy boys, next rockers. They were doing like the extreme sports kind of gimmick, like Mike was a surfer and Tony was a BMX spiker, so they were in like poor shores and BMX and again like mohawks and dyed hair and.
Speaker 4: Very kid friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they would have been great figures as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah you see that with Darby Ellen.
Speaker 3: Now basically yeah, and we we we said a couple episodes, we took a lot from them, like with how they were as you know, because they were way more polished than we were at the time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, here's this one this is from uh Mark Mattel. What who who had in all of your time in Deep South? Who had the absolute biggest best physique?
Speaker 1: Tommy Swade.
Speaker 4: Tommy Swade was jacked in Deep South for sure? Right? Is he number one deep South?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I mean we weren't there Crew Jones, but he was.
Speaker 4: He wasn't signed, he wasn't sign.
Speaker 1: I would say Deep South. Tommy Swade, who's still to this day has a great physique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know that is.
Speaker 4: Crewe Jones was a.
Speaker 1: Here's here's here's here's a Tommy Swade story. So Tommy Swayde I think he'll tell you as well, didn't have the best personality, you know what I'm saying. So he started doing this gimmick or was pitching this gimmick before Deadpool was a thing. He basically ripped off Deadpool and was like the Deadpool mass. Remember this, Brian has all this and that that was his his like not his last ditch attempt, but ended up being his last attempt. And he goes to ov W because they did like a little like trade every once in a while to like get people to feel out the different environment.
Speaker 2: Man, that depressing like somebody get your buddy gets traded.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, no, this wasn't for real. This was just for like a two.
Speaker 3: Three week trade stuff like that, Right, That's what we wanted to do in OVW, And we were supposed to go.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to go. We're supposed to gost Cody and Spears and do like no, they were supposed to they were supposed to come here, and I think they were coming to the South. We filmed vignettes for it, a promo choice. So anyway, so Tommy swayde he goes to ob W. Now ob W was treated a lot differently than Deep South, where people like the W writers would like really a be there be like care about it. So he's he's about to go do this match with gimmick that much? Yeah, okay, it was all kind of whatever. So he anyway, long story short, he goes to pitch this new gimmy to show off this new gimmick. I feel like the writer, the W writers were there for this, show off this new Deadpool gimmick and fucking road kill as a rib takes his mask so he has to wrestle. Is just good old Tommy Swade, oh man, and then he gets fired, damn road kill and he gets he gets fired where we're eating with him at I believe it's cracker Ball, right, yes, and then so I don't know who gets fired first, but Brouchi's calls like, oh wait, you're with Tony said there ahead phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like a black Saturday deep South.
Speaker 3: This is when Bill finally got fired and everything, and we were just chilling, like having a nice little hungover you know, cracker barrel brunch, right, how how un corporate is that? Just ahead of the phone, past the phone?
Speaker 2: Wait, why were you talking to him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, the four of us are at the me Broski, Tony Santarelli, Tommy Swayde's right. I don't remember who gets called first, but it's Mike Bouchie like, hey, sorry, man, you're fired.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh your Crackerball?
Speaker 4: Who's there? Oh? Oh Santarelli? You mind just giving him the phone?
Speaker 3: And he just hands this phone over when he gets fired too, with Tommy Swayde's phone.
Speaker 4: Jesus the Wild Wild West bro Oh my god, every single aspect Joe Basquez.
Speaker 2: What were some of the other characters that were pitched to WW writers. When they came down, anything stick out as really good or really bad. So maybe something you haven't talked.
Speaker 1: About for't actually talked to my head due Brad Jay want to be Randy Orton's best friend, or like the fake JBL fake JBL every month. Uh that's what the doll metals four if they're not using it. Like I agree though, right, So that's like the way you're supposed to Like how many times the Dillinger changes is gonna make until it becomes the perfect ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know so, uh, long story short, these writers would come down kind of a brutal scenario, like you cut a promo in front of like, you know, the seven eight Riders and they sit there in silence. Then you have a match in front of them, which really doesn't do you any justice because they don't know, like wrestling writers don't know like wrestling Matt, you know what I mean, and especially in front of nobody, like it's so hard to impress. But anyway that we did that and then we had like a little pow wow like after like we're all just kind of like hanging out talking to them, shooting the shit whatever. In passing, one of the writers said like, oh, yeah, you're a big guy. I could see you being like like maybe like Randy Orton's best friend or something like that. So a normal person would take that as like you'd forget about it. It's just like, Okay, that's something I could think about. Or what set my brad ja went around to everyone going would they say to you? Well, guess what they said to me, I'm gonna be ready your best front? Me Ready's best front. And then like the weeks after that, I remember like we'd all cut our promos that we'd send to the office and he'd be like, who Randy be brad best front?
Speaker 4: Like it just brutal. He just took it to too literally. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh God, Jojo, from being fans as kids and making it in the business, has being professional wrestlers changed your love of wrestling in any way? I guess that's not really a developmental question.
Speaker 1: No, I mean no, yes, and no, Like I still love wrestling and I love like old school stuff, the stuff we grew up on and and doing this podcast and talking about the figures and the stuff I played with definitely is such a you know, made me not noth nothing ever fell out of it. But made me remember why I fell in love with it. That makes sense. But for instance, like I don't know when this episode's gonna drop, But on the latest mc drolling out of the story, Mark is baffled that there's a WW event a pay per view and I'm not booked on it and I didn't order it on pay per view and watch it, like I mean with the net, like in the non network case, Mucket's been thirty bucks to watch a pay per view. I'm not on when you say.
Speaker 2: It like that, like order the pay per view by yourself and whatever. In my mind, I'm like, oh, they must just like get together and watch it or something. I don't know. I mean, we still watch pay per views. I watched the shit out of wrestling.
Speaker 3: I think the number one perk of this podcast is that I'm constantly being reminded of why this is why I did this in the first place.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that's great.
Speaker 3: And I I've always told myself, like, if you're not in love with wrestling, you really shouldn't do it because it's so difficult and strange and hard and tough on your family and the traveling and your body. Like there's so many nets tough business. It's a tough business of families. But like, so why would you do it? Just work at fucking Starbucks or something then, you know, I I mean, like it's just there's so much goes into us. If you don't have passion for it, it just makes no sense, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, Steve Fiano worst Make a Deal Friday. You saw we talked about the make a Deal Fridays.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think there's any worse than the jelly donut Zally donut thing is as bad as it gets. The beatdown shit was pretty bad though, like when he just blow you up until you couldn't move and then sit on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I don't think anything was really like that bad. From an outsider, I understand me sitting in the corner, another woman in the corner with jelly donuts getting think faced into their face. Okay, that's bad, but like it was all good fun, which is crazy to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before our time, I've heard Gallows and the guys tell me the story that they took, like I can't remember them some kind of ridiculous number in squats and then they could leave just free squatting and they for some reason were so like just I think fried.
Speaker 4: They thought, okay, that's gonna be easier than like bumping, and then they were like ruined everybody's weekend, like they couldn't even walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Andrew e Hurst, what's the biggest crowd pop you guys got during developmental?
Speaker 1: Interesting question, Not many people there to get a big pop. Maybe winning the tag.
Speaker 4: Titles, winning the titles as six flags.
Speaker 1: Bigger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a bigger winning the deep sub titles the second time at that the Jackson High School because that's very close to Gallow's house.
Speaker 1: That's why I know that, But it doesn't something weird happened. There were like the Gem and I are supposed to be in the match or maybe the chance, but that's that that Black Saturday, they get fired. Yes, so it's like Regal has to come and it's like legal Dave Taylor l.
Speaker 3: And Dave Taylor versus US versus offa Junior and Sunny Siaki Weird.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that match being like any good.
Speaker 3: I remember being good, but I remember like we're the only baby faces of the crowd popped.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: Jim and I got fired and developmental though.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well they were doing both. I guess they went back so like they were doing both. That's who beat us for the wait, don't they beat us for the tag titles? That's how we lost them the first time? Maybe remember I don't remember. Did we ever lose them a second though?
Speaker 1: Of course I would have had to belt right now, I.
Speaker 4: Know, right?
Speaker 1: So who beat this man? I don't that's say it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, Joe Ellis, can you tell us this is an interesting question. Can you tell us about a moment early in WW or what was the moment that you said to yourself, Wow, I made it?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you? There's like, ah, there's the moment you think like, well it's done when you get signed.
Speaker 1: And I don't think it was until the Edgeheads thing, because the Major brothers were so like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were making no money, which people don't like find very hard to believe.
Speaker 4: But we weren't because.
Speaker 3: If you once you you know, minus expenses and stuff like, the contract was so minimal. Yeah, and we were just touched to bronze.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: The first thing I came to mind when you said that though, And I don't know. Broski will agree with this. After Elimination Chamber two thousand and eight in Vegas, Bautista invited all the boys out to this club and we had like VIP drinking Cristal all night. He was like maybe the one and only time I saw a human actually make it rain Like Batista was like throwing.
Speaker 1: A dollars, not only bro I remember he got like bottles of the champagne right and just picked it up. They just dumped it out. I danced and dumped it back into the ice bucket. That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It was like all the boys and it's just like I did feel like cool at that point, or like, you know, at least like I had made it. And then I also saw him sign off on.
Speaker 4: The bill that night, and my eyes bugged out of my head because it was like one third of my like year.
Speaker 2: And back to the money thing. So you guys, you said you were making five hundred.
Speaker 4: A week right in developmental, So that.
Speaker 2: Is twenty six thousand a year, which is I mean, even with inflation, is a starting an entry level position.
Speaker 3: And then we got called up and people don't believe this, but our main roster road contracts were seventy five thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, first it's fifty two.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, it's fifty two. And that's minus hotels, car like all that stuff. So we're make almost like less than Deep South and the Edge Shed thing basically just saved our our lives and.
Speaker 2: Careers because it adds dates and bigger space dates.
Speaker 1: Didn't change the contract. But it's a downside contract right over. Yeah, but it's the whole contracting is confusing because yes, it's your downside, but the amount you get paid is based on your downside number, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, if they I always say this, if they look at like a Mark Henry contract that's got like, you know, one hundreds of thousands of dollars, they're like, okay, we have to get Mark on the road and use them. They're looking at our GABRONI shit, and they're like, oh, we can leave the major brothers at home because who cares, we don't know them any money, you know.
Speaker 1: Or also what they'll pay you per show because they want to add up to that number too. Yeah, right, and it's all like make believe you know what I'm saying, there's no.
Speaker 4: Formula if they want to use it, they'll use it. They don't. They don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the money thing is so they're trying to if they're trying to save some money, that's what they do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The weirdest thing is like it's it's arbitrary, like your spot on the card versus the whatever.
Speaker 1: It's so bullshit. So like one year, like I guess it was maybe two or three years ago, like I wasn't going to it was like, I just got back from the my knee injury. So what year is that, twenty seventeen. I just get back and I'm like, we're not I'm back with Mojoe. We're not really doing anything. And I have to be like, guys, like we need to talk about this contract thing because I was making more money sitting at home injured than I am now on the road. Because now they weren't bringing to me. You know, we weren't doing live events. I'm just getting the whatever, five hundred at SmackDown seven fifty, maybe a thousand, you know, for one a week. I'm like that's not enough. So they gave me like a higher downside. But then by the end of that next year, they weren't using me enough to get me to that downside, So like for a raw, i'd get like with a couple of weeks left in my contract, I would get like six thousand dollars because now they're trying to add up to that number, so they're not just giving.
Speaker 4: That money anyway, So they don't want to owe you a pen anymore, you know, well.
Speaker 1: Because they don't want to make it seem like they're giving me a because if I didn't get to that number at the end of the year, they would have to just write me a check, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So they wanted to get me there so they'll it's all make believe. Really, I mean, the money is real, but the way they get there.
Speaker 3: And then it's also the way you choose to get paid. So Broskio always got paid what he got. I like to get my same weekly check my whole second run there, so I got the same check every you know, every week whatever, the same time, same check, And I just thought it was a little bit more secure way to live.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: And then in my last run, every time every year, like my year came up, they my downside was nothing spectacular, but I'd work so much over it. I would always get these, Like I'd wake up on one Saturday and it's like, crazy, deposit be in my you know, direct deposit all three four years in a row, whatever it was, huh. So I always went over it and it was like substantial money.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: It was like kind of an easy way to save because it's like you forget about it until it becomes reality like that.
Speaker 4: So I just didn't mind it.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Wilhelm Are the rings a lot nicer coming from developmentals the main roster or are they all kind of the same?
Speaker 4: Good question, same exact same, which thank god.
Speaker 3: I mean that there were so many things wrong with Deep South and OVW that have the ring be different.
Speaker 4: Dimensions would be like extra stupid, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Training a sixteen footer and these guys never wrestled before you get called up and it's twenty, you'd be a mess.
Speaker 2: Ww rings though compared to like a good indie ring or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, in my opinion, it's nothing better than a w ring really.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the first time I was ever in it, like I remember going from like corner to corner, I was like, why am I gonna stop running?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Like I think, I mean the creatle ring is the high Spots eighteen footer and it's I think.
Speaker 1: Like I have trouble running in an eighteen foot ring, dude, because I.
Speaker 3: Remember when I got fired the first time. In that two years, I think I only worked in the twenty foot or once, and.
Speaker 1: I was working every weekend, right, yeah, And I.
Speaker 3: Remember doing like a rope running spot and it's something where I was like the middle guy, like the one doing like the leap prog whatever, and I just felt like I was waiting for this guy to come, like he was running like down the aisle, but it was just in the ropes. It was just so much bigger than that because you're just always in these eighteens and sixteens.
Speaker 2: It's just on the sixteen, and you were fifty percent of your matches in a sixteen with them Pat Bucks thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the wrestleber ring sixteen it's too small.
Speaker 1: I think the only restapurer Alaska that's sixteen.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't know. It depends because they're not using the restle ring, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an Alaska ring, but I can't remember.
Speaker 2: What's it called. I think I only was in a twenty foot ring like doing practice matches for the WWE. It was like the only time I've ever been in one.
Speaker 4: You know what he had the Uh what's that promotion?
Speaker 3: Like down and I want to say, like delaware that only like Barton kept work.
Speaker 2: Oh mcw no right coo ring aw has like a custom ring. Did you know that they have like bigger aprons?
Speaker 4: I do. I heard that that's true and it's higher a little higher, right, I'm sure High Spots makes those for them or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting, cool, Alan Hetzel. Uh what is the thing you both really miss about those days?
Speaker 1: I don't miss much, if anything about OVW about I mean, I didn't make like a couple like like Cabana, but I don't know, uh deep South I do. It was that was like my college because yes I was going to community college, but it was like I was living at home. This was me like moving away from home, you know, getting that five hundred dollars, which I thought it was like a million dollars. To me, it felt like five million dollars a week, like just it was unbelievable, Like having my own place and going out and drinking, not to listen to my parents, and then going to wrestle every day, and yes it was hard and blah blah blah. But after it was hard, we'd all go out to eat together and it was such a small, tight knit group. It was like compared to like NXT that has hundreds of people, I think there might have been thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, maybe it was only like there was only like four women, you know what I mean. Nothing, So it has to be all that the camaraderie, you know. And I think, like to the end of time, if I see a Deep South person, we're still like kindred spirits because of it, you know what I mean, Because you had to be there to truly understand how nuts it was.
Speaker 2: Well, how about no responsibility too, like no kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I had that up until a couple of years ago, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was limited queens hanging out, partying and going to bars. I was just doing it with my girlfriend who became my wife, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marcus Evida, if you were in your twenties and starting your wrestling career in present day, would you rather be signed to NXT or continue to earn your craft in the indies.
Speaker 1: So it's all it really depends on how they're going to use you, because there's some guys like I was just talking to else, there's like some people who've been obed. I'm sorry, I've been an NXC for like five plus years, have never done a thing, you know, and like what's gonna happen If they don't get used, They're gonna be released and then then what like they never became a name in an XT, so they gonna have no equity. They gonna like maybe they have like a decent salary, but I doubt it. It's not like they have like millions saved.
Speaker 3: I mean, the whole business and the business will always be this way. It's a bet on yourself kind of scenario, right, you know. Yeah, So the problem with Indy's for me right now is that it's just so depleted because everyone's so hungry for talent with all you know, these the bigger promotions that they don't let these people like marinate and kind of find themselves or even get a little buzz anymore. Like I mean, you have an ounce of buzz, you're getting signed so to somebody, you know, whether it's RHMLW impact, you know, not just any w a NXT. So it's tough you know, and and then to the end of time, wrestling's gonna be a bet on yourself scenario. You know, you have to bet on yourself where you see yourself working out, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, and yeah, I think that we and we talked about it a lot. I mean in a wrestling school with a bunch of people trying to make it, the conversations are always like, well, where do you think that you would fit the most? And it would be this promotion or that promotion or staying on D and D's or you know that kind of thing. So it really depends on the person too. Michael Lupuma, is it hard for you guys to adjust to different ring sizes? But we just talked about that.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, Yeah, for sure, it's definitely always It's not like going to ruin a match, but it's awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially that first time Enrique de la Reva. Is there a particular moment either of your careers up to that point you can say meant more to you in that particular moment while it was happening, like a compliment from a legend or a praise from your peers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whole things suck.
Speaker 2: Maybe the reverse of that question like something that men.
Speaker 3: Might have said this on another episode. But there was some production meeting around the time where we like eventually got the tag tiles in WW, and I remember Ricky Steamboat saying that fit stood up in the meeting and said that we because we had been working him a lot in the live events, and he said that like we have it, like these guys are good and like he goes he said something like Finley gave you his stamp of approval and that that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: You know. I remember, think that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: That's not a guy who throws compliments around and he and technically he didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: He throws head bands around playing Yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a company, he said to us.
Speaker 2: But sorry for that story. No, I love that Connor Price. Which trainer did Brian learn the most from and how they how did they influence his own teaching style? I think I know the answer to that.
Speaker 3: I think my teacher styles completely ripped off from doctor Tom because I think he, at least in the developmental environment, he has had the most figured out.
Speaker 2: You know, and you were doctor Tom in FCW.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got I got a couple of months of Doctor Tom and Deep South, and then when closes and then you know, I eventually got the f saving out a full year of Doctor Towm.
Speaker 2: So you get to FZ. Oh so you okay, all right, but when he starts teaching, are you kind of like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 3: I just would just soak it up and realize, like, this is what I think. The repetition in wrestling is what really like, you know, having solid fundamentals is going to keep you safe and keep you healthy. It's like the repetition of doing these some of these drills where you're almost on like autopilot, you know, so you're not your mind's not racing a mile a minute and you could truly be be your character and get lost and things like that. I think that is really helpful. So that's why I liked all that stuff that Doctor Tom would do, like drills like that, or and you train and do these drills that are so physically exhausting that it goes above and beyond actual pro wrestling match. So a pro wrestling match becomes cake, even though it is a very difficult athletic thing. But you've you've went above and beyond in your training, so you come back down and matches like, oh, okay, this is easy, I can handle this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent agree with you.
Speaker 3: And then I've always said this, and I mean, if this is back to Bill and Al, I don't really care. I always felt like Bill and Al still wanted that run, they wanted to be on Raw, they wanted to be the Icy champ, and they still had that in them. And I don't blame it for him, Like I still have that in me too, and that's why I still am a wrestler. But Doctor Tom did not. Doctor Tom was there to purely help the guys and get them ready to get up and succeed, you know, in the big show, whereas like they just had that little bit still in them, And it's hard to help others when you're you still want it.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I've never even heard you say that, James Zimbickie. I know it isn't really developmental question, but when you both went back to the newer NXT, were you expected to do the same classes or since you were talent from Raw and SmackDown, did you have to do the NXT classes.
Speaker 4: I did not have to do any classes, did you ever?
Speaker 3: Even you never even went to one? Right, never like you motors are just the team and that was it. Never never had to go Did you ever explain another episode? I was in Billy Gun's class, and it was actually a very awesome experience, pretty enjoyable for me.
Speaker 2: You just popped in when you were down there to do something, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I had it. I was sent there like I had to go Monday through Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh right, yes, And and Brosky, you when you guys would work on stuff, you didn't you never went to the PC to just try some stuff.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: No, I'd have to work And now you know why the eyebrows were so successful.
Speaker 1: No, we we did the live of it. I think there's no you can practically, it's not about moves, right, it's not so like the only way to get the experience and to get the chemistry is by having real matches with real people. That's that's way we did, not the only way. Okay, that's the best way, the best way. But so why why even do the other ways? If you're gonna only only do the best way?
Speaker 4: That stuff you can go over at the bill for two.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's not what am I gonna go do? Double hip tosses like give me a break, like come on, and don't get me wrong, Mojo tried to get me to go but uh uh uh uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know about this question. But C J. Martin sorry for this one. Gotta blame watching too much. Johnny Swinger for this question. Which territory had the bet.
Speaker 1: Riz ats non existent in both? Sandy Press, I had a girlfriend in both. I remember there was one, uh in Deep South and I don't know if I called her. Oh, we can't tell the story.
Speaker 2: Actually, Okay, Yeah, moving on Sandy Press, who was a legend or star?
Speaker 3: You looked up with that chick who worked at the Caprice sun factory And me and Command used to be like, did you get the hook up with those Caprice sons or what?
Speaker 4: Who was a legend or it's a perk bro free Caprice son.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 3: We just thought that was the weirdest thing. She was like, yeah, I work at a Price Sun factory.
Speaker 2: You kind of have mentioned a lot of people, but if there was any extra people who was a legendar star at the time that was really looking out for the younger talent, if any at all. So you Bobby's had mentioned doctor Tom and.
Speaker 1: In Deep South everyone was there to get on TV. So like there were guys who came down like gangrel, like Henry Godwin, but they were looking for that second run too.
Speaker 4: They were helpful. They were very helpful and helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but they were.
Speaker 3: Looking to get that that that flash funk flash funk yeah.
Speaker 1: Deep South, Yeah, trying to get that jumpstart.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh wrestling World of Buzz. But with some two cold Scorpio this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah what a character Michael. I mean might have said this in another episode, but it's worth repeating. There was this random ass day and the deathbed of Deep South. It was when Scorpio was there, and then we came in and Jody Hamilton and I guess DDP went way back from like you know, the power Plant days and stuff, and he's like DDE Pacer here and you guys are gonna do yoga with him. This was like very early in DDP yoga. I was like this big and we're like what and we had a dude, it was better than bumping. We spent a day of doing DDP yoga with DDP whatever. But what I remember about that it was like that Scorpio was like hell nah, and he like helped Dallas like videotape or like anything, but do.
Speaker 4: The yoga like the whole day, which I was like, what a brother? Now, I love Harney move.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you asked who answered this, but he so he was signed for a limited time and never made it out of Deep South.
Speaker 3: He was just he was a punch man like so like Broski said, Henry Godmin was in Deep South, and he was supposed to be like a new version of the Goblins with Ray Gordy.
Speaker 1: Which eventually becomes Festus.
Speaker 3: Somehow becomes Jesse and Festus over like many incarnations and spitballs of ideas and stuff. Then there was Gangrel, like we might have told this story too, like Gangrel is there. One day we walk in, I'll never forgot Kevin Matthews goes, oh wow, Gangrel seminar today, that'd be cool. And then ten minutes later Bill's calling him a lazy piece of shit and he's doing drills with us and was like mind blowing.
Speaker 1: It was he was crazy and he couldn't be gang Girl.
Speaker 3: He was David Heath, Yeah, yeah, it's very odd, crazy Dave. And then uh Scorpio came. He was gonna he was resigned and he was going to be flash Funk again. And then Brooke Adams and Alicia Alicia Fox are going to be as funk ats and they even came to like work on dances and stuff, and it just never materialized.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would have love that, Michael Miria.
Speaker 3: I think I think all those guys might have got fired on that Black Saturday that ever got.
Speaker 2: Fired, just like the older guys that they have.
Speaker 4: Possibly for both guys.
Speaker 2: How is Matt as a roommate and how is Brian as a roommate?
Speaker 3: I never I don't know if Brosken say about me, but I never had an issue with him as a roommate whatsoever. In a hotel he snores like a like a maniac, but in his own separate room like never, No, I never had any I can't even think of one complaint.
Speaker 1: You know, even like with Brad Jay, there was no real issue besides like I don't know, just being boring.
Speaker 4: There's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no real uh yeah, no, no real issue. And we in both situations, I said, in both situations in Deep South, we were like opposite areas from the department or the house. So it was like you know, you could be hanging out if you want to do or create distance, you know, because.
Speaker 3: We had all the same interests, like you know from the show, like collecting figures and going on fig hunts and you know, you go to the gym the same time every day. Like it really wasn't like this like drastic departure and like personalities and stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: Clinton Johnson, how did each of you develop your finishing signature moves? Do you have input yourselves or you signed certain moves by trainers to use? Slash try Interesting? Is anybody ever going over moves like finishing move? You should do this move in development?
Speaker 1: Do you remember like one day there being like I don't know, we were learning how to do like spine busts or something like. It wasn't really liked I think if we asked, but like I think at that point you kind of had to know. And yes, there was definitely days where it was like, all right, this is how you do headlock takeover. And I remember like I couldn't do it the way like Bill wanted me to do it.
Speaker 4: The thro style.
Speaker 3: What's that the throw style like where it's like you shift your body weight. Yeah, like yeah, it's like where It's like it's almost like real Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's just one of those Bill says the best it's flavors of ice cream. There is so many different ways to do things. There's no really right one. What the one right way?
Speaker 3: They'll use that to this day. I tell people like, hey, this is what I like. But I'm not the be all end all on pro wrestling. I'm just telling you what I think is best and what I do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Uh, A couple more here, Jack Hodson, who were the best and worst guest trainers.
Speaker 3: Worse, Greg and Robert Gibson. Huh, I said, Vito big Veto. Yeah those those that's a triad right there. Greg Gania, who admittedly had he was there in six right, and he told us he hadn't watch wrestling since the late eighties, so he was so far gone.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll never remember him.
Speaker 4: Like the information was insane.
Speaker 1: Teaching us we were like how to say extra learn like these ridiculous punches in the corner, and then like Bill's like forget everything you just learned. I'm like, then why are we doing this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Same thing with Robert Gibson, Like you know, it was like just his way and that was it, you know, and another one that you know, not that he hasn't had a wonderful career and did amazing things. It's just like what he did is not going to work for like the majority of like teaching the.
Speaker 4: Masses, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then big vit'll forget about it that it was pointless to listen to him.
Speaker 4: What was that best was also on there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Norman Smiley, doctor Tom for sure.
Speaker 1: I remember Bruce Pritcher coming down and like it was just talking, but it was.
Speaker 3: Very very help Richard would give the same speech, but it was a very motivating and informative speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saying like the nation was meant for Dlo Brown like the rock took it, you know, very like yeah, kind of grab the brass wearing type speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we literally have three more, so let's slam through these Mark vicksinitch. Is it hard to trust someone in the ring when you're first starting out? Did you have any experiences where someone lost your trust when training?
Speaker 3: Not situation, but just sometimes in devilopmentally you're doing with such green dudes and big strong athletes from another world that like you're just in bad situations, like you know, teaching people wrestling who've never seen wrestling and don't have a passion for wrestling is a bad scenario.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hell yeah, yeah there was always There's always guys that I don't know. I mean, when you get signed, you're probably pretty good, but there's people in your class that you just don't want to do drills with. They're going to spit in you or aren't you.
Speaker 3: One of the unique unique things I think about Creative Pro is that I'm like very involved, like physically because I need the workout too. Like I'm an active pro wrestler in the prime my career here right, and I selfishly need the workout. So and now as I'm getting older, man, and I used to just do whatever, like you know, especially when Creative I first open, that original class literally got like probably the best of me because I was just in there, like sweating it out, bumping my ass off for these kids, you know. And now I'm like, sometimes I survey what's going on. I go, nope, I can't let this dude who's been here for three weeks drop.
Speaker 4: Me on my head. Yeah yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll kind of a kfabe something or you know, tell someone else to do it.
Speaker 2: I even gomez our boots or wrestling shoes better for a ring work.
Speaker 1: Here's a funny thing. So Bill made us wear boots, which I listen, I don't mind that, practice like you play.
Speaker 4: I think, I don't mind that. I love it.
Speaker 1: So I was used to training, you know, in NWC with my wrestling shoes, right, and I remember, so I'd only wear my boots what like once a month, twice a month, and I had high spots boots. So then once we had to wear the boots, I remember both souls like cracked in half within a week of just like drills, jails jails, jails, jails, l's jails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet my stage coach boot said I could go get out of my garage and put on right now and working them's still good to go.
Speaker 1: So but even now to this day, if I were to go to train at create a Pro or flat backs or whatever, I would wear boots. I would not do it, and sneakers or shoes.
Speaker 3: He said, practice like you play. So does it make any sense to train in wrestling shoes and then you work in boots? He's right, doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Bill, listen, I don't want people to think that we didn't like Bill the way he taught us. I am so grateful for Bill, and I think he made us the men we are and and we on fuck with able. Like Brian said, I think a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 4: It was a Bill because Bill was just a maniac. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How about that kid who wanted to train with his shoes off?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: What is that I created? Proud?
Speaker 4: Yeah he is?
Speaker 3: He like casting text me a couple of weeks ago and like we have a cap trainers like group chat. He's like this kid trains barefoot and pattern are like, who no, well he said that he he said, they said it was okay. I'm like, I never told anyone they could train barefoot. And the Bat's like me neither. So I don't know what he talked about was like telling me but his fucking shoes back.
Speaker 4: Just the thought of that, I want to why would you want to know? It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Last question the ryman, in what ways did signing with WW change your collection.
Speaker 4: Give me more money to buy more?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I didn't have to caddy at a country club to pay for figures anymore.
Speaker 4: Like I was able in developmental we didn't get anything for free. We uh you know.
Speaker 1: I was able to get I was able to buy like that l JN Mint set hasbro mint set. Like not to say like money was no, like like there was. It wasn't like so plentiful, but like at the same time, we were like, like twenty twenty one years old, what real expenses did we have?
Speaker 3: So to get five hundred bucks, we're not even real wrestlers because we don't have road expenses.
Speaker 4: We're just literally paying like rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. My first job out of college was sixteen thousan an hour, which is about thirty thousand a year, which is the same as you guys. And I more I thought I was a shit any video game system whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I and I used to The only other job I ever had was being a caddy, and I was just horrendous at it, like a hate off to this day because of it and whatever. But I would just be out there like daydreaming, like calculating like I'm gonna get eighty bucks or this, and like jaiting juting, like figuring out like Okay, that new R three set is uh yeah, Nitro's come to the coliseum.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be close.
Speaker 3: Like I literally like was just doing that and then with a regular, steady paycheck of Deep South, that's like I didn't really have to do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But it also taught me about like, oh, you have to pay taxes at the end of the year. Like you don't get to keep all this money, you know, because you're independent contractors technically, so like you got to give a big chunk of change to the taxman. And the more money you make, the more you gotta give.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was something that Mikey said to us about taxes that I just never didn't register till much later on.
Speaker 4: Right. I don't know if you remember this.
Speaker 3: I remember one time we were Mikey and we did a show and we were at the gas station and then you know sometimes people leave their receipt in there in the gas thing. Yeah, he pulled it out and put in his pocket. I was like, why'd you do that? And he's like, so I can uses the tax right off.
Speaker 2: That's smart.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I was like thinking about it, like I guess I I for like the maybe the first three years, actually kept receipts and then I realized, wait a minute, it's on the credit card. Yeah, and now like my Bank of America automatically like categorizes it. Yes, oh my god, like my receipt the whole.
Speaker 4: Second run with WB.
Speaker 3: I just have one MX that I use for me as an independent contractor, like whatever, you know, and it's just done.
Speaker 4: It does itself.
Speaker 3: I used to just have shoe boxes full of receipts on all the stupid ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unbelievable, unbelievable. But I also don't use cash now, so like for it's not like I'm going out back and using cash where I need to keep that receipt.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If I'm using cash, it's for something that like I'm not gonna be able to write off anyway, A shady toy deal with it, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't think I could. I don't think I can write off these PSA graded cards. You know, maybe I can, I don't know, but I'm not gonna ask, you know, for a receipt.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, Well that'll do it for developmental.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure we'll come back to it. I'm sure there's stuff we missed, but let's.
Speaker 4: No more to talk about.
Speaker 3: So if you guys are loving these, it's yeah, unbelievably easy for me to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Maybe do you want to put it? We could put a poll in the group. Do we move on to?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 1: I think we move on and then come back. I think we move on to Major Brothers right before Edgeheads. I would really talk about there about Major brother Edgeheads?
Speaker 2: Why why not? Wasn't it a year run?
Speaker 3: I also come back and like to do one with with Gallows or like with Heath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, you can buy some great DVDs. I was present for the one that Brian did with Jenny Omega and Sammy Callahan. Brian had a show on High Spots called Developmentally Speaking, where he interviewed different wrestlers about developmental So it's literally the same thing. So some great stuff there that would be cool if we had I think that these are the gems of the Patreon thing, and it's only in Heart Foundation, so a lot of people are missing out, but these are these, These are great.
Speaker 1: So let's let's do Major Brothers into Edgeheads.
Speaker 2: But next time, how long is that Major Brothers? One year? Because I have a million questions.
Speaker 1: So I think Major Brothers could be. I think Major Bus be.
Speaker 2: To December, but I want to know, like, what was it like on the I have so many road questions, like going from developmental to the w.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's do it next time. Major Brothers.
Speaker 2: Slow it down. Yeah, let's Major Brothers first getting called up to the big show that's coming next month to our foundation.
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining us, everybody, were the times
Speaker 4: Busts