Speaker 1: Good, good evening everybody, and welcome to another This shouldn't have fire up. I hope we're all fired up tonight, especially since we're coming to you at such a late hour. I do apologize, but hey, some of us are night owls, right, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I call this get silly hour, all right.
Speaker 1: That sounds kind of good, sounds kind of fun. Okay, Well, this title of the show is home court advantage. If any of you know anything about the NBA Playoffs that have been going on, except for one game last night, all of the second round so far has gone to the visiting team. What happened to home court advantage?
Speaker 2: Guys, Penny, I'll lead off. I don't care. So what's crazy is Minnesota had that five day layoff that no one wanted to mention before they played the Warriors, and then the Warriors somehow beat them without Steph Curry. And that game their Game two is actually going on right now. The Timberwolves got off to a thirteen to zero start. So I still think that the Timberwolves are the better teams than this Warriors thing. But we've never even seen those two twenty point comebacks. I mean, and you're away the Knicks were zero to four against the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 2: Next in the regular season though, they were zero to four, and then here they are winning two games at Boston. Man, it matters when you play the best basketball, and for whatever reason, the Pacers are playing great basketball. The Knicks, even though they had to come back down from twenty. That'll probably cost them, I think in the long run. But these NBA playoffs. For a guy that's not really into the NBA playoffs now that Lebron has gone, I have been sly, supremely interested in what's happened so far in the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 1: Well, do you give everybody an idea? The Timberwolves are up on the Warriors fifty six to thirty nine at half.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you Anthony Edwards went to the locker room after an apparent ankle injury eighteen minutes ago, so I don't know if he'll be back or not. But it's been it seems like these playoffs have been ebbs and flows, and like one team will go up by twenty and then well team will come back and they'll pull it off. Like they haven't been big. Most of them have been big win points differentials. Like the last couple of games, they're winning by one point, but it's the visiting team that comes back. They've been down. I know, I saw a little bit of the the Pacers calves, you know, Indiana Pacers beat the Cleveland Cavaliers one twenty to one nineteen. That was a close game. Knicks beat the Celtics ninety one ninety. I mean, these some of the games have been a little bit one more one sided, but at least those two both, I mean, the Knicks to the last the game before that was one o eight to one oh five. So they're playing really close. But it's the team that's I don't and I don't know if it's the team that's got more heart, the team that's got more.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what to say. What why it's happening Because the Knicks are the lower seed. The Knicks are the ones that aren't expected to do as well, but yet they're the ones that are up. They're up to nothing.
Speaker 3: Now going back to New York too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I think with regarding the Knicks Celtics, I think, you know the fact that, in my opinion, the fact that the Celtics are shooting twenty five percent from downtown and have lost these first two games by combined four points. I think that says a lot more about the Celtics than it does about the Knicks, and I don't want to take anything away from what the Knicks have done. Jalen Brunson has got Jaylen Brunson has gotten baskets late in the game when when he needs them. In The Knicks are getting stops, especially mccal bridges, at the end when they need them. They're finding ways to win games, and I think that's ultimately what the NBA playoffs about. But with that being said, I just can't ignore the fact that the Celtics are shooting as poorly as they are and they're barely losing these games. That's why I still think when it's all said and done, the Celtics will win this series, because I mean, they're a better team, and for the most part they have played like the better team. They just haven't shot the ball up well.
Speaker 2: Okay, and samir My question from what you just said then would be, can the Boston Celtics shoot the ball a little bit better? Because, like you said, they're shooting what so even if they shot twenty six percent these last few games, they would have won these games, and so they can they do that? Can they go on that hot of a streak against the Knicks team who clearly has a chip on their shoulder? Do you think the Celtics could go on a four because they're gonna have to go on a four to one run here, you're gonna have the.
Speaker 4: Talent to do it again, I already I agree a better team than Knixt they have the talent to go on a fourd to one run. I think the issue is I mean, obviously Jill Mazzola is a great coach, very good coach, championship coach, But I think when you shoot, like for them to put up those shooting numbers, I think at some point you've got to adjust.
Speaker 2: Right well here and let me interject this real real quick to you too. Do you think some of that has something to do with them missing? Christophe porzingis down low?
Speaker 4: And I think a factor in old?
Speaker 2: How old is al Horford? Anybody does it? Can anybody? Is he older than Lebron or younger? Because I feel like he's thirty eight? No? Is he really younger.
Speaker 3: Than Yeah, he's thirty eight years old?
Speaker 2: He looked, it's like fifty six compared to Lebron.
Speaker 3: It's like fifty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like, but is.
Speaker 2: That part of it? Do you think? Uh?
Speaker 4: Smear, I think that's But still, I mean you have two I mean you've got to your stars Tatum and Brown, who are They're still capable of driving to the rim, They're still capable of, you know, mid range jumpers, going inside, maybe drawing more fouls, get into the free throw line. The bottom line is, I think again, has to adjust because clearly what they're doing right now isn't working. The shots are falling, so you've got to try something else.
Speaker 2: If, like you just said, if they can get down and make layups and make mid range jumpers or draw fouls, why are you shooting sixty three pointers in a game?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Why? That is one of the most ridiculous stats I've ever seen, Pennson, That's crazy. What if if hockey? What if hockey put in a two point line and all of a sudden, all of a sudden, the hockey teams, though, they just are like, hey, forget about it, we can make two points instead of one, so we'll just start jacking up, like make it make sense. Could you imagine that if it happened to hockey pensman?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, easily. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean again, it's it's not a winning recipe, necessarily, it's not.
Speaker 3: But you guys are you guys are missing one piece of formula that everybody's doing. They're playing defense for a change that they are. You guys are missing. You guys are talking about shooting and shooting percentages, but you keep forgetting about the Boston Sounds going up twenty. If any team's up by twenty, that's a comfortable lead. But you gotta think a full court press, half court press, playing man the man like like I'm talking about peanut butter and jelly defense. You guys gotta remember that defense wins championships. And all these teams that are in there besides the Warriors of Wolves right now, according to what Candy said, is playing defense right now.
Speaker 2: My question go ahead, go ahead, No, go ahead, Candy, I was about ask the question go ahead. Good.
Speaker 1: My thought process was if so the Celtics led by sixteen points, they were outscored twenty three to six in the final eight minutes and thirty seconds. Boston has struggled from three in the first two games, shooting four of twenty six in the fourth quarter both games. So my question to you guys is, when you're struggling like that, do you change your game plan and say, Okay, I need to get hot. I need to be able to shoot better. So in order to do that, maybe I need to not keep shooting the threes and getting driving more in to the basket, maybe getting more free throw opportunities and getting hot that way. So then maybe if I'm because let's face it, if you're in the groove and if you're hot, it's your night. The buckets are coming easy. But if you're struggling, do you keep struggling and keep taking the shots from three? Because if you're not rebounding those, you're you're shooting and one and done and the other team goes and if they get on a run like obviously they have, that's why the Celtics have lost both of the games.
Speaker 2: Well, that was gonna be my question there exactly, though I'll tie my answering my question and together for Pensman here. My question was gonna say, yeah, they played such really good defense that they got down by twenty points in both games and had to come back right, So was it really them putting on that full court pressure, that half court pressure, changing their game plan? As Candy just said here and then I feel like this too. I don't watch much regular season basketball, but then once they get to the playoffs, it seems like the team that can rebound, get an offensive or a defensive rebound, get the ball out and transition and score quickly. That seems to be the bread and butter in the NBA. And that's what New York Knicks created, though, when they change their defensive game plan, Like, we don't hear about teams coming back from twenty points down much often, like if ever, like we don't.
Speaker 3: Unless we don't turn in two in two games in a row. Is on t heard off? They're the first team since Night's ninety eight to do this too, especially.
Speaker 4: On the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in the playoffs, and so yeah, I just don't know at this point, Boston, they need to get downhill, attack the basket, play more efficient basketball. But that was gonna be kind of my question all humped up in the in one right there with Candy's question.
Speaker 3: I didn't take a stat away from you, did I, Candy? I usually usually the stat person, so I take any stats away from you.
Speaker 1: O, I'm good. My thought process too is, you know NFL games, they play, they go, they play the first two quarters, they go in at halftime, and then they regroup and then they come back out. And now I know the NBA they have timeouts, especially in between the third and fourth quarters. Are the coaches not prepping them enough for that fourth quarter because for them to have the collapses that they are in the fourth quarter, is that a coaches? Do we think that's coaching or do we think that's on the players. Do we think they're getting tired they've played too much, or is it a matter of coaches not calling, not having the right people out on the court.
Speaker 3: I think New York's just hungry. They're just hungry. They haven't won, they haven't done anything since Patrick Gilling, So they want to prove to New York. They're tired, don't I'm gonna's say, I'm gonna use my team as illustration. But they're tired of the Yankees winning, They're tired of the Mets winning. They want to be part of the New York winning formula teams. And I love New York Yankees winning in the Mets and not so much. But the New York Knicks want to be part of the winning New York teams.
Speaker 1: So does a dynasty.
Speaker 3: They do, but the New York is hungry. They so they haven't experienced that since Patrick Ewing. So I think they're just playing. They're stepping up with the The coaches are are preparing them better than that. They Boston coach said that they they're out rebuilt about us. They they're guarding Tatum. We're doing all we could do. They're just out they're just out playing Boston. That came from the Boston coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean, yeah, I mean, I think you do have a point there, But it's just hard for me to say. And look, again, I don't want to take anything away from what the Knicks have done. Again, They've scored when they they've made baskets when they've needed them, they've made stops when they've needed them. They've done and they've done enough to win. But it's just hard for me to say definitively that they are out playing Boston when Boston is shooting the way they have and they've lost games one and two by a combined four points, Like if they make two more shots Game one, one more shot Game two, they're up to Oh right, now, this is not even a conversation. Instead of, you know, having this discussion, we're having Okay, whats need to do to close this series out as as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: M Oh yeah. If I'm the Knicks, I'm trying to close it in the next two no doubt about it. I do not want to go back to Boston.
Speaker 4: Well, what's been interesting is that so far they're undefeated on the road, but they were They're one and two at home so far. So let's see if that trend continues, or if they can close this thing out.
Speaker 3: And that one and that one win is game that closer against the Pistons and Bronson's three pointer.
Speaker 2: And isn't that some mirror with the best segue ever? We all started talking about home court advantage and here comes the ties. It all in a nice little bow for you, miss Candy. Oh my goodness, I know.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 3: That's awesome?
Speaker 1: So Pensman, let's let's there's another another sport that's in playoffs right now, and it's more of I think you're up your Yeah, if you're Alliott, cup of tea however we want to put it. Let's talk about the n NHL playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm watching the Veiggest Knights and the Oilers right now, so JD's no surprise there.
Speaker 2: No, but he just always sounds so depressed when you go to literally it was like an ICL playoffs and you were like.
Speaker 3: Well, no, the Capitals they came back and they won. They they won their games, so they even up the series. We'll see what happens on this game at zero zero with eleven and a half to go in their first period. But both I'm happy with the NHL playoffs. Charles Barkley came on n b A, on NBA tonight whatever, on TNT halftime. He even made a bracket. So far he has a perfect bracket. Charles Barkley of all people.
Speaker 1: Oh, before we go back into the hockey, did you guys all hear what Paul Pierce did and what he said about the Celtics and how he said that there is no way the Celtics would lose. And then he said I will walk to work barefoot and with a bathroom robe. And mind you him walking to work is it is twenty miles. He actually was walking today to work.
Speaker 2: Kudos his word.
Speaker 3: He's old said if you said he'll do it.
Speaker 1: I just had to. I just thought that was interesting, and kudos to him for being a man of his word, you know, following up with what he said right.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole viral moment came from the Florida State fan last year that said if they lost to somebody or Georgie attack or whoever it was, they were like, oh, yeah, I'll eat a cup of you know, and they didn't do it. They just deleted their stuff and it don't put stuff like obviously we knew you weren't going to eat that, but at least eat like a cup of chocolate pudding, you know, at least do something and follow up on your bed. I don't care what you eat, just eat something, right Crow.
Speaker 3: And the Vegas Knights just took the leap, by the way, just as we got done talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, I can tell you that the Florida Panthers are down to nothing to the Toronto Maple Leafs they played yesterday. They do bring the series now to Florida, so they've played the first two games in Toronto. I don't know Florida, Florida has played. If you didn't, if you're a big hockey fan, I would advise you to go check out our YouTube channel because previously to this show, we had Sports Exchange, which was more exclusively about NHL, but and a former GM we have on there. Mike Santo said, Florida Panthers have played a lot of hockey the last two years because they made it to the Stanley Cuff Playoffs both years. So if you think about that, they start.
Speaker 3: Playing what June, September.
Speaker 1: September and they play all the way to June. Yeah, you know, and they did that back to back years. So he doesn't know if they have enough gas in their tanks to keep this as competitive and keep going well.
Speaker 3: Preseason is it September? The real season starts in October. That's why I'm saying September.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's a long season, it is, you know, and hockey is not a forgiving sport on your body.
Speaker 3: I had a friend that an actual friend that I played hockey with when I was younger. He played with the local team down here. He called me up one day he said, I have a chance to play for the Phoenix Coyotes. I said, coold, you take it. He's like, no, I said, what do you take it? He said, because it's too much hockey, he said, with traveling and practicing. And he said, NHL, you go town to town and practice practice, and then you're at hotel practice practice. He said, it takes a more toll. He said, we're not at the park anymore. Buddy's up. Just let you know. So he listen to what he said, It takes a toll on your body.
Speaker 2: Mhm, Samir, what what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't really follow hockey that much. I don't really know much about it. I mean I know a little bit about it, and we don't have a seen in Atlanta obviously, but if there's a team, I probably follows the Flyers. So I don't really know much about hockey.
Speaker 2: But bright right, Hey, listen, Hey, me and Samir are in the same boat. And what we're not gonna do is we're not gonna make fun of him. Pisman, you're gonna stay out of.
Speaker 3: This, okay, okay, and.
Speaker 2: The southern gentleman. Hey, So Samir, to their point, though we can talk generically about hockey, would you agree that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But one thing about hockey, Samir A can you see the puck? And b can you agree with me though that it is hot like football on ice?
Speaker 4: I would say it's kind of like a mix of football and in a way baseball on ice. I don't know why, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can see that. Yeah I can see that. But as far as the contact level goes right, yeah, they smash into the glass a lot. And then can you see the puck though? When you watch a hockey game?
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah I can't.
Speaker 2: So you're a step ahead of me. You might have more of a future in hockey than I do.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: So if we're gonna talk hockey though, and we're talking playoffs, I also have to talk about my AHL Milwaukee Admirals because they are going for the Calder Cup. Yes, JD. So I've got to do that because you know, I didn't grow I didn't grow up with NHL. I grew up with AHL. There they are the feeders for the national product. So but they are actually still in the playoffs, so let's hope that they can continue their run. But Pensman, any other thoughts about the NHL playoffs Just exciting.
Speaker 3: It's back and forth. The teams are surprising, Brian, since you're on hereby as we'll talk about since you can blare my ear off about it. The Dallas Stars are making a impressive run. So we'll see what happens with the Dallas Stars. We'll see if they can make a Cup run. Since Brian picked them, I don't know what he picked from. But it's not like March's Madness, where you make a bracket but wherever. But Brian picked him to win the Stanley Cup. But I still say the Capitols are the best team in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, pen'sman, there's been some We're gonna switch to baseball. There's some big news coming out of your town there. You want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Let me know what that is. Because in case I didn't hear about.
Speaker 4: It, the Pirates fired the manager that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but by the way, everybody go look at the short I made it short about that, Yeah, forgot.
Speaker 2: He had no idea what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: I follow two teams, That's why. So Derek Shelton got fired today. He tried, he tried, he failed. Do I blame him?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 3: Really? It's Derek Shelton is a low uh not. He's really laid back. He's not in your face. He's like, all right, you gotta pop up, and he's like, all right, whatever you need somebody. All these guys you make it air. You gotta get in your face and be like, all right, this is what you did wrong. That's what you need to do. Pirates need to do something. They finished the same record two years in a row. They haven't made the play all since two thousand and two, two thousand and three, I think it was they lost to the San Francisco Giants in the wild card. But that's what Pittsburgh Steelers. Pittsburgh Steelers are good. They're going to go through this. The Penguins went through it, they so the Pirates they went through it today. Well, so Pittsburgh's trying to rebuild. They're trying to go back to the winning formula. So that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Anybody else want to comment about Derek Shelton getting let go after he's posted a three zh six to four forty records since joining Pittsburgh prior to the twenty twenty campaign. The club has never won more than seventy six games with him under it, but the thirty eight game mark is the earliest the Pirates fired a manager since Bill Watkins was canned after twenty two games, you have to go all the way back to eighteen ninety nine. Eighteen ninety nine, but the bench coach now is Don Kelly was named the interim skipper. So any other thoughts, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Samir, do you have anything?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I mean, I don't know if it's necessarily his fault. I mean, given that the team really, outside of maybe Paul Skiins, O'Neil Cruz and a couple of other guys, I mean, isn't very good. And large part of that is due to the ownership, which is for the longest time refused to build or invest in the team or retain any of their homegrown salent. Like I know, they've had a lot of some homegrown players that they ended up getting getting rid of they didn't want to pay him. So that's what I feel like. The problem is over with the Pirates.
Speaker 3: And it all comes down to buddyball. That's what it is. It all comes down to moneyball. They don't they don't have the money to put the players all the field.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean in some cases, like you know, the owner has the money, they just don't want to spend it. There's like, we have a similar situation going on here with the Braves where we have let some franchise cornerstones like Max Freed, Freddie Freeman, for example, We've let them leave in free agency and we haven't won a playoff series since we won our last World Series in twenty twenty one. So it's like, you know, the argument is, maybe if you had then all you could to make sure Freddie Freeman didn't walk out the door, or maybe if you had pay Max Freed, who is having a great year with the Yankees, you know, where would the team be right now?
Speaker 2: Well, the Braves are right up my alley, Samir, and you literally you tied all that in again in a nice little bow for me, the Pittsburgh Pirates. That was going to be my take. You can't say the owner doesn't have money if they're not spending money. All of these MLB franchises are worth the money. If they want to go in debt to sign these players, they can do it. They have the collateral, they can sign these players. They don't have to spend peanuts when they can go buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially the Braves considering how much money they make alone off of the battery if you if you know what that is, it's the area around the state. They make a ton of money off the battery year round.
Speaker 2: So not only that about the Braves though, they've got all of these dudes already, all of their young core, they're.
Speaker 4: All you've got guys locked up. Why not build off of that. Strider is dealing with an injury, He's been dealing with injuries the past couple of years. Why not spend that money to help your starting pitch. AJ Minner is gone, Joe Jimenez, he's out for the year. Like that would have been a great opportunity to bolster their bullpen. They were so report was the front office was in on Tanner Scott and they thought they had him. But the thing is they didn't want to give him that extra year and he ended up signing with the Dodgers. He like he could have. He could have definitely helped our bullpen right now.
Speaker 2: You could have kept naming Braves that we've lost though, too. Mark to Sharah Andrew Jones, I mean, Tom, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like Andrew Jones was towards the end of his career when he left, he won't the same player.
Speaker 2: Right, but still even then though we've lost all those other Rian McCann Yeah, Brian mccannon, I mean you. The list goes on and on and people are like, oh, yeah, the Braves might sign show Hey. Oh Tani. I was like, y'all are they don't even pay their own players like that? There ain't no way they're paying show Hey to come to Atlanta. Uh, but they do have.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen when when it's time for Racuna to get a new contract.
Speaker 2: Oh, he'll be gone. Yeah, all the injuries and everything, he'll be gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, as unfortunate as it is. I mean, I really hope they can find a way to pay him. Hopefully we have new ownership by then, but.
Speaker 2: Hope in one hand wishing the other. We'll see which one fills up faster. Samir, are you a Braves fan? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a fan of all the Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Teas A gotcha? Okay? Well hey yeah, we hadn't even really gotten a known Samir. I don't think he's introduced himself to the fans. And who you're a fan?
Speaker 1: Tell us about about yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I am so what that means, I'm Samir a little late introduction. I am a freelance contributor for Sideline Sports, so I work with James, uh Joe and the rest of the people there. I cover the NFL, NBA, MLB, but my preferred league or league of the most expertise, I would say, is the NFL. So I write articles mainly for Atlanta Sports. So that's the Hawks, the Braves, and the Falcons. I wrote a pretty good article I think about the Draft night trade up for James Pierce Junior and how that indirectly in a way impacts the Kirk Cousins saga. So plan on having that up soon.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be looking forward to hearing it. As a matter of fact, Hey Pensman, you remember those rankings the other day. Yeah, Atlanta Falcons. Yeah, I ranked them number one in the NFC South. As far as draft winners and losers, I like it.
Speaker 4: I liked in a while, best draft we've had in a while. And I was like, remember, going into the draft, was like, at this point, just get it to five players, specifically a pass rusher because look one but two yeah we got two. Like I was like just getting.
Speaker 2: I wanted both. Oh yeah, I'm a Panther fan and I wanted both. And y'all got them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did not think Jalen Walker would. I thought you guys are gonna take Walker at eight. I was like, I thought, you guys are gonna I mean, the mc millan is going to be a really good receiver, though, I think he's going to be a problem. I think good for Bryce Young. He finally has a true wide receiver one.
Speaker 2: The math doesn't Matt though. The Panthers there last year from from the second round into the first round to take xavili Get.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's a wide receiver one.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's what I'm saying. You just did that last year, and then now when everybody wants you to go defense, you just released the Davian clowney today, by the way.
Speaker 4: I saw it. Yeah, I mean, if we pick him up, I think that wouldn't be a bad pick up for us.
Speaker 2: You better stop. Hey, Hey, we've been on good term, Samir, don't start. No, no, I don't know. He was just talking crap y'all last year. No, no, no, no, I would not have my game. Y'all cannot have him, y'all can't have him. No, not happening.
Speaker 3: JD JD.
Speaker 4: I mean that's kind of how like two we rafted a come here in the fifth round and he had rushed for a thousand yards and then Jalen Carter is right there on the board, and like, man, if we got Jalen Carter, like, imagine like and he's right like he just keeps dropping and dropping and dropping and then oh he's there at eight. And I mean as much as I like Bjon Robinson, obviously he's a top five back in the league. So that kind of helps, you know, kind of helps you know, he still having a guy like Jalen Carter, especially now that with Grady gone.
Speaker 2: Man right, Well, my one fear though about the Falcons, sorry, depends with my one fear that will be about the Falcon the Falcons. It wouldn't be Bejon. I'd be worried about that quarterback going in this year with Michael Pennix Jr. There is I mean, we still got a lot to learn about that cap in my opinion.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel good about him. My only concern about him is his accuracy, which I think could have been better with timing and more repid and more reps because in practice from the end of training camp to when he was named started in Week sixteen, he got I think no reps with the Ones because remember Kirk was a starter up until that point, so he got in little to no reps with the Ones. So I think if they can get that down this offseason and build back chemistry, I think that'd be beneficial. And again, him only only other concern is his health because he did have four season ending injuries in college. Mm hmm. But I feel good about him. He He's shown that he can make big time throws when he when he needs to. He's not afraid of the big moment. We saw that against the Commander's game on the line fourth and goal made that that throw to Kyle Pitts is still ridiculous, Like I still don't know how he fit it in that tight hole like that. Like I'm like, when he made that throw, I thought we were going to win that game for sure. And then that ridiculous throw to Caderill Hodge down the sideline he made the next week against the Panthers. So he's got the elite arm talent. He's not afraid to make the big throw. His only question I have about him is his accuracy, which again is more of a which I think again, is more of a timing repetitions thing in just his long term health.
Speaker 3: You you got to remember Samir that you said it from training camp to week sixteen. Now that he has a full season, we'll see how he acts. Now. You can't go you can't go by those those couple of games. And I'm sure his accuracy, the way he played against the Commanders, I'm sure he would be all right.
Speaker 1: So I have to I have to say something to Eddie. Eddie, Chicago produced a pope before they produced a quarterback in Chicago that could throw for four thousand yards. That's all I got. I'm sorry I had to say that because.
Speaker 2: Somebody just got cooked. Don't fire up this evening.
Speaker 1: I mean Caleb really anyways. But yes, So what I have to ask you guys, how do you guys feel about the Rams taking mini camp to Hawaii? Did you guys see that they're gonna take it. They're teaming up with Hawaii Tourism and they're gonna be doing their training camp for Monday, June sixteenth to Thursday June nineteenth. They're going to Maui.
Speaker 3: Not a bad thing, is It's not a bad thing?
Speaker 4: I mean well, I mean what do you really lose from me?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they just wanted to get everybody to show up.
Speaker 3: From all wildfires, that's from all that's going on out there. I don't blame it one bit. Just get change scenery. See what happens. The introduced football to Hawaii people, So see what happens. I'm for it.
Speaker 2: We gave you three positives already, Candy, Do you have a negative about it?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just asking your opinion that the negative I would say would be for the people, the casual fans that live around LA that don't get to go to games that if you take a mini camp like this away, are the fans losing out because they can't be there to see the practices because typically they're you know, you don't charge for practices and stuff like that. So most of your fans during the summer when school isn't in session, they'd be able to see those. And now if you're taking into more, there's no way they're traveling. But it gives a different audience a chance to see NFL camp as well.
Speaker 3: All depends on what kind of fail you are too. If you're a season ticket fan that you I don't know Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like if you're a season secret holder, it's or you go to games frequently, it's kind of like a whatever for you. But if you are again a fan that you know may maybe doesn't get to go to games often or doesn't get to see the team often, I feel like that can kind of be a tough blow because that's kind of one of your best opportunities to see the team up front.
Speaker 2: And close like that, right exactly, and have memories of a lifetime. Yeah, I agree, Samir, I've I kind of I've gotten robbed here as a Carolina Panther fan. I know it's well documented they moved their training camp. They were supposed to go to rock Hill in that new facility. They were at Wofford for a very long time, which is, you know, twenty minutes down the road. And so I did say that it was a positive. I think that they can try to get everybody to go to Maui and not have anybody like, oh yeah, who doesn't want to go to Maui, right, Like, okay, all the football players will show up, thank goodness. But it was kind of a negative too that they have to go to Maui in order to get all the football players to show up. So I feel I mean, some fans are gonna feel robbed, some fans will buy a ticket to Mali, and at the end of the day, the NFL will make money.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, of course I'm gonna do a quick station break. But when we come back on the flip side, I want your guys' opinions on the NFL taking the draft to Washington.
Speaker 3: D C.
Speaker 1: After it goes to Pittsburgh. So with that being said, I'm gonna pay. I'm gonna do my station break. South Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott, a MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan Raw. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. Talks about his forty plus years in the industry and how the media industry has changed over that time. There's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com where there is a plethora of great content. Go check out our website. You want to advertise, you can always call my husband Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. If you want to be on the show or if you have topic ideas, you can always email us at self floord attribute at gmail dot com and wherever you get your podcast you can find us. So okay, back to my question, how do we feel about the NFL Draft going to Washington, d C? And I hit that from what I've heard, they're going to have it by the Washington Monument. They're gonna have it out, big, out in the open like that. What's our thoughts? Whoever wants to.
Speaker 3: Go, go, Smar, you want to start it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I go, I will. I feel like it makes sense. And it was announced that the year was twenty twenty seven, right when it would be held in Washington. See, yeah, I feel like it does make sense. And the following reasons are that you have a team that represents Washington, DC that's on the rise. They've got a young, superstar franchise quarterback, and they hopefully or not hopefully, but they looks like they're going to be a threat in the NFC East maybe for years to come. And then having it in the nation's capital in a way makes sense considering the fact that the reason they originally decided to move it out of New York City and change it on a year by year basis, was due to the reason that, as the NFL mentioned, it basically outgrew Radio City Music Hall, and by what we've seen over the past few years, by how given how many people attend the draft, the NFL is right in that estimation. By for example, just look at Green Bay. Look at the number of people they had, you know, watching it at lambeau Field and then watching it, you know, right where the draft was. It outgrew Radio City Music Hall, And it does make sense to kind of move to different places in in this case Washington, it makes sense. Detroit kind of fit that same bill. Last year you had a young team who had struggled for the last twenty twenty five years that was now on the come up, and Michigan had just won the National Championship. Obviously it was named a location before that, but it just made sense. And I feel like in this case it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, anybody else, I agree with what Samira said. Everybody had a chance, and everybody's gonna get a chance. The way that they're going to city, the city, I'm going like it's going to Pittsburgh next year, so this would be the first time they go to Pittsburgh. So we're all say for that. So Detroit had Green Bay had it Lambo that was right next to Lambo, and it was really put on. If you guys didn't mess the draft, it was one of the best drafts in NFL history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: Probably one of the more entertaining ones in a while. Oh yeah, And I feel like because by moving it on a year by year basis, you're gonna have it in locations that otherwise wouldn't get to host a super Bowl, like you have Green Bay and Pittsburgh and back to back years. Those are two NFL blue bloods. Those are Those are the legacy teams, the ones with the Hall of Famers, the Super Bowls, the national following, the fan bases, large fan bases. You know, they don't play any road games basically, and you know, as a Steelers fan you probably know that. But those cities otherwise would not host a Super Bowl. So I guess it does help that, you know, you give them an alternative by letting them host the NFL Draft.
Speaker 1: JD, You're on mute.
Speaker 2: I wasn't talking what are you talking about? I had a phone call real quick. Yeah, I was on the phone. No, No, I'm kidding. No, I definitely talked on mute. Score that one in mind one to zero. JD is losing as usual, ladies and gentlemen. But no, My thing about it would be is that will all of the teams, Will all of the cities get to host that NFL Draft? I feel like there's gonna be a few that are left out somewhere, or they're put way down the road. And then say it's the Carolina Panthers like we're talking about in the chat that. I mean, we've got someone who wants to name them the Mexico City Panthers, the Tijuana Panthers. They got some money that agrees with Samir great to be in DC for the NFL Draft. But I just feel like there's gonna be teams that are left out.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Cleveland, out of all places, got to host one, I don't think Charlotte will have any issues getting to host one.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean David Tepper's the owner. That would be the one downfall of that. Well, No, like nobody likes that guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think people like Jimmy haslim either.
Speaker 2: So yeah, maybe the Saints won't give them. But yeah, I mean as long as all the if all of the cities get them, I'm good with it. I like good competition. I'm good with it being moved around. But like you said, maybe that's why some of those teams are getting these drafts is because we all know the super Bowl will never be played without a roof over its head ever again. If it were to snow in that city where the super Bowl is to be played and they got to will out all of this halftime show stuff and ruin the field, it's not going to happen. So the super Bowl will never be played at an outdoor venue ever again.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, interesting interesting takes. It's all good. It's all good. I mean, let's face that a lot of people really questioned after Detroit had the NFL draft, how Green Bay could even possibly compare. And it's not a matter of how many, but was it a good draft? Did you know? And could they handle it? And they showed they showed that they could. I mean they figured over six hundred thousand people going to a city that only has a population of one hundred and seven thousand.
Speaker 3: And there was people sitting at lambeau Field too. M hm. So yes, I like that. I liked the lambo they were They said that, say, the Pittsburgh Steelers were on the Steelers are on the clock. They had that around the stadium. That was cool.
Speaker 1: So my question is is, now that we've seen the draft move from place to place, and we know the NFL has been expanding, do you ever think the Draft will be held at an international location?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just give it a couple more years.
Speaker 4: That's why I think it's only a matter of time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, London, Brazil, just give it time. We talked about this last We talked about this last show, that hockey's going air national. We're talking about that, and I think the Draft's gonna go in aternational as well. That I can see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also, given how much of a push Roger Goodell's made, oh yeah, try and globalize the game.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be held in London. That's where I'm predicted that the first draft's gonna be played, because that's where the most NFL games will be played at as right now.
Speaker 4: I would say London or Germany.
Speaker 2: Right well, I would say that we're thinking smaller. We need to think bigger as far as the time of this goes, because as of now, we still don't even have an international franchise. We still have not played an international super Bowl. So I think that both of those things have to come into fruition first in order for them to have a draft overseas where all of the college football players are from America. Now, if there's ever a time where there's more college football players in Europe than there are here, maybe they do it before they have the Super Bowl and teams overseas. But I think we're twenty years away, twenty twenty five years.
Speaker 3: I was going to say fifteen to twenty, yeah, so maybe. Okay, My question is going back to Washington, d C. Well, the Commanders move out of FedEx Field and go to Washington DC Stadium. That's why that's why this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't build a plan that by around twenty thirty they're going to move back to downtown d C. And they're basically going to build a new RFK stadium over the current one where they used to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but is the people actually going to go for that, because there's a lot of people in Virginia that's protesting it that they want to keep the Commanders there.
Speaker 4: Well, the Commanders do currently play in Maryland Landover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm saying, that there's people that are complaining and protesting that they don't want them to move because of where their location is and there's nothing there other besides that stadium.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know them. They played in downtown d C for years before they moved to Landover, and I know there's been a push for a while, even years ago when Dan Snyder was still the owner from fans to try and move the Commander's back to downtown d C. So it seems like from what I've heard, and I have family that are Commanders fans, it seems like it's the popular thing to do. And let's be real, even this year FedEx Field, you know, until late in the season, wasn't that much of a home field advantage for the Commanders regarding the ratio between Commanders fans and opposing teams fans. Like this is late in the season when they're playing the Eagles, and I was watching the game and it had to be at least forty to forty five percent Eagles fans in at the game. So I feel like maybe moving downtown will help. I don't know the breakdown of the Commander's fan base completely, so maybe moving downtown will help with that. Maybe a majority of their fan base is stationed in downtown d C. But again, only time will tell.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. Uh, Peter, just I'm gonna my my tone is gonna have something to do with this, So just hold your thought there a little bit there.
Speaker 2: So, Hey, Chuck, mister joke too because he mentioned the Vatican City about the Pope and American would be a good one. And I was like, Candy had a good joke about that, brother.
Speaker 1: Yep, I liked that one. That one's good. Any other topics any of you guys want to bring up before we go into my tone.
Speaker 3: No, but I just have breaking news that the Wolves are beating the Warriors ninety four to seventy seven right now. So JD's wondering about that for the Warriors come back.
Speaker 2: My first thought was how much time is left because we've seen twenty point comebacks a.
Speaker 3: Lot, Harry, We're still the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, with then seventeen Yeah, I know Buddy Hill's played well, He's been my X factor kind of Draymond Green. He's going to get a technical and get thrown out at some point, and Anthony Edwards will talk a lot of smacks if he's not back yet. Yeah, that's my prediction for that series. That's the last comment. I think we had candy before we go to my town.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. Let's go to my town. Smear my town, and for all you audience, I advise this topic so that you can talk about either the town you currently live in or the town you you grew up in if you happen to let's face, I grew up. I grew up in Wisconsin, so I'm a Packers, Brewers, Bucks fan. But I'm now I live in South Florida, but typically my town, I still relate all to Wisconsin sports more than I do down here. So that's why I said, you can pick whichever. So we're gonna start with JD. What's happening in your town?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness? All right, so my town is more of a little bit of a rant kind of that's fine, but it does relate to my town. So did we all see that the Colorado fan is suing the NFL for emotional distress for how far Shador Sanders fell in the draft. Yep, okay. And when I stay suing him, I mean suing them for like one hundred million dollars, Like just give me a million and I'll be good, okay, And so that brings me to my town. I would like to sue most of the teens that I am a fan of Carolina Panthers for never winning a Super Bowl, South Carolina game Cocks football team, never winning a national championship. The baseball team. I literally I get home from my son's baseball game, I turn it on to check on a little game Cox baseball and they're playing Auburn and the score is seventeen to one.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, what bro, What.
Speaker 2: Is happening with South Carolina baseball? And so I would like to sue them.
Speaker 3: For here comes a short, everybody.
Speaker 2: I would like to sue them for emotional distress. Carolina Panthers, I could sue you for emotional distress. Atlanta Braves, two World Series and nineteen million Division championships. I could sue you for emotional distress.
Speaker 3: There go JD.
Speaker 4: There you go, Oh my god, twenty four to two.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: That sounds like the worst football score I've ever seen in my life, the.
Speaker 4: Falcons Giants wild card game years ago. Yeah, at that exact score, if that's what you're referring to.
Speaker 2: Man, No, I mean, I don't even know if you're good enough to get a safety on defense, By golly, you better be able to score a touchdown on offense twenty four to two.
Speaker 3: Wise, chady or wise are your sports choices? Hey?
Speaker 4: It ain't.
Speaker 2: It ain't like I woke up and just was like, you know what, I want to be a Braves fan. Oh, I want to be a game Cock fan. Hey, my sister was smart. She swapped over to Clemtson right before they won a couple of national championships. So she's all happy and go lucky God. And so hey Clempson though their baseball team. Guess what. I tried to be a nice game Cock fan. I predicted them to make it to the College Worlds. And I truly believe that. If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't tell you that. And sure enough, they've lost six of their last seven games. Y'all that somebody tied a concrete block to the baseball team in Clemson and it's sinking to the bottom of the river right now, and so I'm just suing everybody for emotional distress. And that is my hometown. Take this evening, y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pensman, what's happening in your tone?
Speaker 3: Southern flight? Fright, y'all? Mos up? So fifty eight, it's gonna fry all of his teams.
Speaker 2: Just watch, but nobody is above getting cooked.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's happened in my town is we're cleaning houses. We've already talked about it. The Pirates are fired their coach, Penguins fired their coach. We're trying to get the Pittsburgh back to winning, back to winning formula. Try to figure out the right pieces. We'll see what happens. We'll see if Don Kelly can take over, but we'll see. That's what's happened in my town. What got get new coaches, gotta get new everything. So but guys start winning. Guy get back in the playoffs. Pirates, they got to actually show up in games. So that's what's happened in my town.
Speaker 1: Samir, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: So, recently, the Hawks are still conducting their search for their president of basketball operations. They fired general manager Landry Fields a couple of weeks ago. They promoted uh On Csala to that same position, and I know Tony Wrestler has hired a search firm to lead that search for President of basketball Operations. Elton Brand He's currently with the Sixers, recently pulled out of the search. He was believed to be a front runner. Other people that apparently are being considered for the position include Moni McNair. He was the former GM of the Sacramento Kings. Calvin Booth former GM of the Denver Nuggets. He was recently fired along with Mike Malone and Danny Ferry. He was the general manager with the Hawks years ago. He played a big role in building our famous sixty win team. He hired Mike Budenholzer, drafted Dennis Schroeder, signed Paul Millsat, acquired guys like Kent Bazemore Damari Carroll. So he had a role in building that team. However, he was let go due to some insensitive remarks he made about racially insensitive remarks he made about low All Dain during his scouting report. He was a free agent at the time. So those are some candidates. They are looking at it seems like they're still conducting a search. I think we may have a update in the next few days or so. And when surprised me to see if we have a new president next week. The Braves I just saw came back walked off the Cincinnati Reds five to four. Came on here. Iglesias had just given up a two run home run, so we were down four to two. But I guess we tied it in Drake Baldwin, rookie catcher. I think he's going to be very good for us. He hit the walk off single now at the Falcons. Obviously you all saw it. We made that big trade up on Draft night for defensive end James Pearce Junior out of Tennessee. In that process we did trade our twenty twenty six first round pick. Now. I did write an article, as I mentioned earlier, about this and how it affects the decision on whether or not they keep Kirk Cousins. We are going to find out more whenever Aaron Rodgers decides to make his own decision on when he's gonna siun with the Steelers, when he's gonna retire, who knows what he's gonna do at this point was going through his head. But I mentioned how by trading.
Speaker 2: Huh, he's my next co host on Southern Fried Sports.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mentioned how by trading that first, we may not have much of a choice but to keep Kirk Cousins on our roster as the most expensive backup in NFL history. And the reasoning is because everyone knows there's a lot of pressure to win in Atlanta this year, and chances are if they don't win this year, the coach and the general manager are probably gonna get fired. So worst case scenario, like the absolute worst case scenario, if something happens to Michael Pennix during the season and you have Kirk on your roster, you have a quarterback who's shown that he is capable of running Zach Robinson's offense and being able to successfully run you through for five hundred yards against the Bucks, led the Falcons to a six and three start before he heard his shoulder in that Week ten game in New Orleans and that's when everything just went downhill. We're on the contrary, if you get rid of Kirk and the same scenario happens. Worst case scenario, absolute worst case scenario, your season, chances are goes down the draint because the only other quarterback we have on the roster right now is Easton Stick And if Arthur Blank still decides to clean house, then the new regime won't even be able to use their first round pick. So I don't want him back on the roster next year. I feel like he'd be a distract. We don't need that for Penix. But unfortunately, with that trade, we may not have much of a choice and it might be what's best for the organization at this point, as unfortunate as it sounds, because quite frankly, I don't want him back. Most Falcons fans feel this way. We feel like he's done enough damage, costing cost us a draft pick, wasn't really upfront about his injury status, and really cost us a chance to playoffs. So but unfortunately, it might be what we have to do.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't blame you, Nope, So.
Speaker 1: Kind of my talent. The Green Bay Packers have looked in a unique place for quarterback depth. Since you were talking about quarterbacks, they picked up the top quarterback out of the Canadian college football circuit. Taylor Gilsma came to the Packers rookie mini camp last weekend and earned a contract. He was invited to the Bills Bills, but Packers got him already. He played his college football at the University of Wilfrid Lawyer. In his final season, he won Canada's equivalent of the Heisman Trophy with four two hundred and fifty two passing yards thirty five touchdowns to go with seven rushing scores. He was then invited to the Senior Bowl, which doesn't happen very often that a Canadian player gets. He is an admired Canadian prospect. He was actually taken eighteenth overall in last week's CFL Draft by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He likely would have gone higher if not for the known NFL interest. The Packers quarterback room behind Love also includes Malik Willis and Sean Clifford, So it will be interesting to see what the Packers end up doing and who is going to be because if this guy is as good as I could see Sean going, but I could also see if they have enough faith in this guy that Malik Willis might be a little bit of trade bait Steelers. I'm just saying, I mean what I mean.
Speaker 4: Look if you guys don't get Aaron Rodgers. We have a quarterback right here.
Speaker 3: We don't know, we don't. I don't want Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: Keep Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: I've offered Pensman numerous trades. He didn't want them.
Speaker 3: Horrible Geo Bro offered you the eight pick. Tell Shamir the tree. Tell Shamir the trade.
Speaker 2: We had a deal worked out for the eight pick and Minka Fitzpatrick Pensman, I, I think we're great gms because well, no, I mean there was draft picks attached.
Speaker 3: Tell sir the real tree.
Speaker 2: Well, well, at first I wanted to trade back from eight to twenty one, and Pensmon wouldn't take it. Really, all I wanted was the second and maybe a fifth or something later on, and he could move up thirteen spots and he wouldn't take And then he tried to throw in Minka Fitzpatrick later on, and I was like yeah. I was like, yeah, give me that in a draft pick. And I was like, I'll take it because I wanted the Panthers to get better on defense, but I did not want them to draft a wide receiver with the number overall eight overall pick, like this.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: Golly, don't even we're winding down the show, Samir, we don't take me down another rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: With that.
Speaker 2: I blamed Pinsman, my bad smear. I blame Pinsman.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. With that being said, I'm gonna first thank everybody that's been in the chat room, but then I want everybody around the horn to tell everybody how they can support you and how they can find you, because that's what this is all about, all of us growing together. So JD, how can people find you and how can they support you?
Speaker 2: Well, thankfully, let me say this first. They could find me tonight on the South Florida Tribune. We made it through a whole episode, Samir. I don't. I don't know if you know this or not, but I've tried to join like the last three weeks, and every time I joined, we keep getting kicked out. And here we are. I finally made it through a show. So y'all can find me on South Florida Tribune on Thursday evenings with Candy and Pinsman. You can find me on x at j D Wyatt zero six, and please subscribe to my YouTube channel at Southern fried Sports. JD. Basically I just comment and post a bunch of stuff that I'm a fan of, braves, gamecocks, golf, NASCAR. So if you're into any one of those things, feel free to give me a like, a follow, subscribe, and I can't wait to go follow Samir on x SO. Is Samir next Candy? Can I throw it to him?
Speaker 3: You can?
Speaker 2: Please? I need to know where I can find you on x and YouTube and everything else so we can support you. Brother.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah sure. So at the moment, I do not have a YouTube channel. I feel like that's something I should do. You can follow me on x ATL Underscore Samir twenty four oh one. That is my ex You can find me on Thursday night on Fired Up and hopefully I'm trying to work on something to get on the Football show on Tuesday nights.
Speaker 2: We already follow each other, bro, look at there, there we go. We're good. Everybody else do the same.
Speaker 4: So I'm working on that right now and you can find me right now on the South Florida Tribune. Those are where my work my articles are going to be published at the moment, because the Sideline Sports website is down at the moment. I know Joe mentioned that they're working on it and hopefully it'll be back up.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Once again, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Glad, Glad you're here. Glad you're here, Hensman. How can people find you?
Speaker 3: I'm going to answer this question. If he's healthy and if he's ready to go, sign him up. J JD says no, but if he's ready to go. But but I would say no because of what he did.
Speaker 4: But you don't want no.
Speaker 2: But he'll take Colin Kaepernick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, anyway, you can find me on ex at Pensman Sports.
Speaker 4: He did he threw for five hundred yards, two time Offensive Player of the Week.
Speaker 2: I know, I know for a football team, maybe.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh's gotta figure out what they want to do. So we gotta figure out what formula what they're actually doing. And you just gave up.
Speaker 4: You guys have one good one good wide receiver, a bunch of running backs almost.
Speaker 3: What we traded to George Pick, which we traded George Picks the doubt.
Speaker 4: Arthur Smith special sat here for three years, so I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, But you can find me on twitch at Pensman Sports seven and you can find me on Pensman Sports on YouTube. So go ahead and subscribe, so that's where you can find me.
Speaker 1: Okay, my last station break of course, South Florida Tribute Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone Tuning In to the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by by my husband, Scott the MotorCity mad Mouth Morgan Roth, who is the how should I put this, I can't say. I'm not gonna say brains behind all of this, but he's the one that inspired all of us and started really the Self Florida Tribune. It started out as a website. Then we started out doing podcasts, so wherever you find the podcast, you'll find us, and then we evolve to this and evolve to our YouTube channel. But he's the one that is the brains, gets all the different guests and stuff like that and arranges all of that. And obviously he's a writer because he wrote the book. So he also writes for the Self Florida Tribune. So if you go to our website www. Dot Self Floridatribune dot com, you'll find his writings. He just wrote a piece, a little piece about Miami Hurricanes the pro day along with draft and their spring game and so there's some videos that I shot in there. You'll see pictures that I've taken. On the South Florida Tribune website, there is a plethora of great content, especially if you like South Florida, especially college sports. We get all the stuff from the Hurricanes, the Gators, the Seminoles, the Owls, and the Bulls, so all of them send us content. We get content from the Dolphins, the Jags, and the Lions, and then we do cover the Miami Marlins. So this past weekend we were in Miami and we covered We were there Saturday night and Sunday night, and I can tell you Saturday night, I have I don't think I've ever I've gone a many many baseball games in my lifetime, but I don't know that I've ever seen a team come from behind to hit a walk off grand Slam home run in the bottom of the ninth with two outs to win the game. That was pretty exciting. I have to say that was pretty exciting. Sunday we didn't the Marlinston Fair as well. But so if you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcasts. Again, if you want to advertise or sponsor any of our shows. You can call Scott nine five four three oh four four one. If you want to be a guest, or if you have topic ideas, you can always email us at self floorided Tribune at gmail dot com. I think that's it. One last thing I want to say before we close out the show, to anybody that is a mother out there, we wish you a very happy Mother's Day. Whether you're a single mom, whether you're dad doing mom duties, whatever it is, please take some time to enjoy your day because without mothers, none of us will be here.
Speaker 2: Big facts, Happy Mother's Day, everybody, and Candy. My last thing I'll say is bang bang y'all, good
Speaker 1: Night, Thanks everybody, have a great one.