Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to kf I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon, But it's Shannon number one today, it's my wife today instead of Shannon Farren. And people have been very very nice. Most most people have been very very nice about.
Speaker 3: Marry Christmas Shannon number one and Gary.
Speaker 4: Gary, I think your wife has a beautiful voice.
Speaker 5: I really enjoy listening to her.
Speaker 3: Heavy Holidays, Thank you. I don't like listening to myself. I don't know how you do this. I know his headphones on, everything's magnified. I can hear himself.
Speaker 6: Swallied right into your headcatch. How long have you known me?
Speaker 3: Oh man? Well, we just had our twenty sixth anniversary, twenty seven, almost thirty years.
Speaker 6: When did you first meet me?
Speaker 3: I was visiting my brother, who you went to Chico's state with right a million years.
Speaker 6: Ago looking for something more specific.
Speaker 3: But I was living in Sacramento, you were living in Chico. I was leaving at sacrament And to go see my brother, not because we were close, but because I had a psychoic's boyfriend that I was trying to escape right, and would have to spend the weekend with him. And we went to the movies with your brother, with my brother and his gaggle of friends, and you were in that gaggle.
Speaker 6: But what day was it? It was a Sunday, It was, you know, a year.
Speaker 3: Why do you do this?
Speaker 6: Because you know I'm not good with I remember so much better than you do.
Speaker 3: No, you remember mind this thing like dates, but like feelings and intention.
Speaker 2: And what was the reason I remember the date? Is because I had feelings on that day. It was Sunday, October eighth, nineteen ninety five. Well, that's easy because and we went and saw the movie seven, Yes, on the eighth, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, And then two days later was your birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I sent you fly despite having known you for two three hours at that point.
Speaker 6: It's a big move, big bold moves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not low tee, not low t at all. Thank you very much. What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: The opening is sponsored by a water damage fire damage.
Speaker 2: Burglary call public adjuster Abner GAS nine seven five to five.
Speaker 4: Sex.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'll ever remember. But the big story you've heard Debra mention this a couple of times. A car has driven into a crowd of people at a Christmas market in Magdeburg, Germany. Multiple victims, people have been running in panic. Extensive police operations underway. There are dozens and dozens of police and fire vehicles out in front of this in front of this market in Magdeburg.
Speaker 3: And the driver of the car was arrested.
Speaker 2: At least one dead, several hurt. According to CNN, h comes about eight years to the day after a tear attack at a different German Christmas market, a man drove a truck into a crowd at a market in Berlin. Thirteen people were killed in that instance, and if we get more information, we.
Speaker 6: Will bring it to you. The latest out of Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the potential for a government shutdown, it looks like the Republicans in the House are trying to do sort of a three pronged version of a bill similar to what they were going to pass, sorry, similar to what they voted on last night but didn't pass. They want to split these things up and have at least some way. Plan C apparently looks like Plan B broken into three different parts. And if they can do it in the right way through committee. For example, they don't need the two thirds vote, they can just do it with a simple majority.
Speaker 6: So their clock is ticking.
Speaker 2: Were less than nine hours away from a potential government shutdown.
Speaker 6: Could see some rain. Ooh, bring health, I think.
Speaker 3: Just enough to get your windshield dirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just this in southern California. It was the first time I ever got a sunburn on Christmas Eve. It was one of the very first years that we lived here, and I had taken the kids to the park.
Speaker 3: I think so I could rap present.
Speaker 6: So you could rap presents.
Speaker 2: And I came back and I had a sunburn because that's the weather we have around Christmas.
Speaker 3: DA and both of your children also had sunburns. You forget that part.
Speaker 2: I only think about myself. The price of bitcoin is down more than ten percent. After topping out at one oh eight one hundred and eight thousand dollars for a single bitcoin back on Tuesday, it's now down below ninety three thousand once again, so a lot of people taken turning in their bitcoins for the cash. If you're a fan of watching the Vandenberg launches from the Vandenburg Space Force Base, SpaceX has issued an advisory for counties of Santa Barbara, San Luos, Obispo, and Ventura because of the plans for a launch very early tomorrow morning. They said, about three point thirty in the morning, they're launching another Falcon nine rocket and it could create sonic booms in the area. About eight minutes after liftoff, the rockets first stage would land back at Vandenberg and they're saying that that's what would cause the sonic booms. One or more sonic booms coming back in for landing. It's part of a Bandwagon mission Bandwagon two described as a rideshare mission meant to deliver payloads into space. They have launched four hundred and ten Falcon nine rockets into orbit. How do you say that that's not a successful company.
Speaker 3: Do they all come back?
Speaker 2: The rocket itself does? Yeah, the capsule itself I think burns up on re entry.
Speaker 3: I just I imagine tons of detritis circling.
Speaker 6: Oh there is. It's awful.
Speaker 2: It's more polluted than insert name a very polluted thing here. It's more it looks like the great garbage patch in the North Pacific.
Speaker 6: The big guyer is.
Speaker 3: What that's said. We're not even there yet. We've already ruined it.
Speaker 6: We're not even in space yet. We've been in space for a while, you know what I mean. We don't live there yet.
Speaker 2: A kangaroo named Rowdy is somewhere in Austin County, Texas.
Speaker 6: For some reason.
Speaker 2: You're allowed to have a kangaroo in Texas well, because of freedom for one thing. But a family there in Austin County is anxiously awaiting the return of their three year old kangaroo Rowdy last sorry, yeah, three year old five feet tall. Last scene Wednesday morning on Pika Road near I ten in Austin County. A local radio DJ said she saw the kangaroo while she was headed to work and said, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think a kangaroo would jump in front of my car, recorded the kangaroo on camera and said, you later found out that a nearby resident was missing a kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Think kangaroos be really aggressive? My I just picturing the ones that the box gloves.
Speaker 6: They'll rip you open, yeah, with their with their hind.
Speaker 2: Legs they've got usually they've got one big middle claw.
Speaker 6: Looks like a veloci raptor.
Speaker 3: Are you making stuff up again?
Speaker 6: Probably, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The Santa Anna School Board has voted in favor of massive teacher layoffs. During their meeting last night, they boarded. They voted four to one in favor of the proposed layoffs. Nothing is official until next year. These proposed staffing changes, though, could impact more than three hundred teachers across the district. Earlier this week, they proposed a three percent salary bomb and a three percent bonus for their superintendent, who already makes close to four hundred and fifty thousand dollars A ye.
Speaker 3: Are they cutting any administration positions?
Speaker 6: Why would they do that?
Speaker 2: Who's who's gonna administer if they don't have administrators? And then finally, Party Cities going out of business. The party city that was closest to us burned down shut down a long time ago. Chain is the largest party supply store in the United States recently exited bankruptcy. The plan includes canceling nearly a billion dollars in debt. Is this just because people can can get all this stuff online on Amazon?
Speaker 3: Oriental Trading Company Yeah, Big Lots is going out of business too, started going out of business. Sales at its last remaining locations.
Speaker 2: Substantially all of its assets will be sold to private equity firm Nexus Capital. They said it does not anticipate completing the transaction. As a result, they're starting They're going out of business sale all remaining locations in coming days. They are going to explore other options to save the company, including negotiating with Nexus or another buyer. They said the aim of completing a sale sometime by the end of January.
Speaker 8: Hi Agarian Shaman.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm currently on a boat waiting to depart Sampedro to head to Mexico because there's no traffic, there's no but head Christmas shoppers, and I don't have to buy anybody anything for Christmas. So I just wanted to say Marry Christmas to the Gary and Channon Show, all the followers, and I'll see you guys when I come back next year.
Speaker 2: Happy holidays, Yeah, happy holidays. Have fun on the boat. Don't die like that other guy did. Oh people, Diane Boats. Big stories that we are following, one of course, is the government shutdown that is looming. House Speaker Mike Johnson has proposed a new plan. This one would temporarily fund federal operations and disaster really for a few months, but it kind of punts the debt limit increase that Trump wants into the new year. The Speaker has said there will be no government shutdown. He has insisted on that, and that's why they are still working. One thing that they're waiting for, by the way, they's kind of caught up or has kind of fallen by the wayside in this government shutdown talk is the Matt Gates Ethics Committee report will come out after they leave. That was the a thing they agreed to in the secret ballot when they agreed to release the Matt Gates Ethics report, they said they would do it after the House adjourns for Christmas, which they haven't done yet obviously, because they're still working on this. They were supposed to do it yesterday. They still have to work on this government shutdown, avoiding The government.
Speaker 3: Should usually release these reports for.
Speaker 2: Correct They usually don't release them for someone who's no longer in Congress. Yeah, they did it once before, I think for a guy out of Tennessee. So why now because he's pissed off everyone in that building. No one likes Matt Gates. It is one hundred percent retribution and it's not as if the guy, it's not like he has a bad reputation without earning it. He's he's a he's a bad person, or at least he's I shouldn't say he's a bad person.
Speaker 6: I don't know him personally. He is not nice to people that.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't want your daughter hanging around.
Speaker 2: I don't want my daughter, I don't want my son hanging around that. The other story internationally, a car is driven into a group of people at a Christmas market in an eastern German city. They said it was an attack. They said that people were injured. It's not clear how many. There's at least one report of one death. This comes just about almost exactly eight years after an attack at a Christmas market in Berlin that killed a bunch of people as well. A reminder what you learned this week on The Gary and Shannon Show is coming up at the bottom of the hour, and then our nine news nuggets you need to know with my wife playing a big part in the nuggets, am I Yeah, you're here, aren't.
Speaker 6: You gotta do something?
Speaker 2: And our Gas Fantasy for play Football.
Speaker 6: College football gets underway tonight.
Speaker 2: The twelve team college football playoffs starts with a game tonight. It's Indiana. Yeah, it's Indiana and Notre Dame in the very very cold set. I'll bend Indiana. They said, there's a bunch of snow on the ground and it could potentially snow tonight, but we're talking professional football. Last night, the Chargers ended up beating the Broncos with some weird stuff going on thirty four to twenty seven and Thursday Night Football, Jacob, I didn't know if you saw that picture of Shannon standing behind coach Harbaugh.
Speaker 6: Oh I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very funny, she wrote. She sent me a picture of it and then said full circle. And I said, he completes you because she has had a crush on not a crush, but a coachy crush on Jim Harbough for a long time.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 3: I love that she loves it so much. I love it for her.
Speaker 6: Our cast Fantasy for Play, here's how we do it.
Speaker 2: Four games on the schedule coming up, and you tell us who you think is going to win each of these four games. And despite the fact that we've been doing this quite a bit, it's been an off year. I feel like not a whole lot of four And O's at least within our group. People who listened tend to get a lot more common a lot more often than we do. So you are you gonna read yours? Are you gonna read Shannon's? Are you gonna read Shannon's?
Speaker 6: And then say what you think she should have read Shannon's?
Speaker 3: And then say what correct her?
Speaker 7: There we go, So, Jacob, our first game? All right, game number one? This is our Saturday game. We have the Pittsburgh Steelers at the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 6: Steelers Ravens go ahead break down.
Speaker 3: Shannon chooses Ravens. Number one. Agrees with Shannon number two. Look at that strong home advantage, right, you got key players injured on the Steelers. Two words, Lamar Jackson Ravens all the way.
Speaker 6: Who's Who's Lamar Jackson?
Speaker 3: He's the guy in the Ravens.
Speaker 6: Jacob, who do you choose?
Speaker 7: Well, this is a big matchup in the AFC North, so more so for Rabe Jacob.
Speaker 6: She already handled the break I need.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the Ravens, okay, and I got the Steelers.
Speaker 2: I agree with Keana. Never pick against Mike Tomlin. Who's Mike Tomlin?
Speaker 3: He's the guy on the Steelers.
Speaker 6: That's something like that second game.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: Game number two, we have the Minnesota Vikings at the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Shannon's got Seahawks, and Shannon's got Seahawks. They need this one to stay in the PO.
Speaker 6: Race, in the what race?
Speaker 3: The playoffs? Get the lingo?
Speaker 6: Come on, what are okay? Jacob? I'm going Seattle.
Speaker 3: Vikings.
Speaker 6: I also picked the Vikings. Something going on here between Keana and I.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Game three?
Speaker 6: Game number three is our dumpster fire game.
Speaker 7: We have the Jacksonville Jaguars at the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 3: This one is a stinker, Jeff, that's it. Stinker, Shannon says, the Raiders, and Miss Shannon says. I'm going with Shannon because you know that losing streak's got a break sometime, right, And even with all those quarterback issues, I think it's the Raiders.
Speaker 6: This is scaring me. This is I am uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I am I'm not too proud to say it, Jacob Jacksonville Las Vegas Jacks.
Speaker 6: Is Trevor Lawrence back? No, it's still Mac Jones.
Speaker 2: Mac Jones is not an awful quarterback, not but he didn't have a great game last week. Yeah, I just think that the dumpster nature of the fire is hotter for the Raiders, So I'm picking the Jaguars as well.
Speaker 9: Keana, I gasped when I saw these scores, these standings.
Speaker 3: It was terrible, But I'm going with the Raiders.
Speaker 6: Okay. And then finally, all right, fourth, fourth and last game.
Speaker 7: We had the San Francisco forty nine ers at Miami to take on the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: Okay, a rematch of the Dolphins Super Bowl sixteen from nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Go on, well, listen. Miami always has that home advantage that works in their favor. But the Niners have a pretty long injured list, am I right? Yes, We've got Christian McCaffrey. We've got Jordan Mason with a high ankle spring. We've got Nick Bosa. He's got that hinky hip. It's a long list.
Speaker 2: Hinky hip is an official injury report, pinky hip.
Speaker 6: So who do you choose?
Speaker 3: The Dolphins?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry you said it with such a plump, Jacob forty nine ers, Dolphins.
Speaker 6: I gotta go forty nine ers on this one, uh, Keana.
Speaker 3: I got my Dolphins, and I have.
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers as well, because they can't suck that bad forever, whereas boy I can dream, Miami absolutely could. Hey, okay, so those are our four games. Steelers Ravens, Viking, Seahawks, Jaguars Raiders, forty nine Ers Dolphins. A note, as Jacob said that Steelers Ravens game is tomorrow. It's Saturday, so it's kickoff at one thirty, so you got to get this week's Gas Fantasy four play picks in before kickoff. But tomorrow one thirty is the deadline. Next week, we're doing another Gas Fantasy four play for week seventeen. We will post that on Twitter at Gary and Shannon, and you can make your picks for next week. We aren't going to do a full segment on it or anything next week, but we'll do new We'll do the picks.
Speaker 6: Unless you're busy or not busy.
Speaker 2: Maybe we come back down and just do one segment of football picks Gas Fantasy for play again. You can respond to our post our tweet on X or X or post on X whatever it is, or use the hashtag gas Fantasy four play, even though Elon says.
Speaker 6: You don't need to use hashtags anymore.
Speaker 2: The House is going to make another attempt at passing legislation to a vertic government shutdown. The package that they're going to vote on now, this is considered a Plan C. I guess looks a lot like Plan B. It would fund the government at the current level through the middle of March. It would extend the farm Bill by a year, and appropriate billions of dollars in disasterate assistance for farmers as well. These are all the things that were in Plan B that failed last night. But different from Plan B is that the bill that they would vote on today would not include language that would raise the debt limit. Democrats and some Republicans came out against this provision, despite the fact that President elect Trump demanded that there be a raising of the debt limit in that package. So again, we're still eight hours or so less than nine hours away from a potential government shutdown, and we'll see exactly what it is that happens. Shannon Number one is in today, My wife Shannon in for Shannon Farren.
Speaker 9: So Gary and Shannon show Yes with Gary and his wife.
Speaker 6: Was so cool today and I'm gonna keep listening.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and Garry's wife as a hot boy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for everyone involved in bringing The Gary and Shannon Show to the listening audience on a daily basis. I just want to take you. I really enjoy this show you. I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season, and I'm looking forward to next year and going through this all again.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Oh it's nice doing the ride with you. The football picks.
Speaker 10: I'm going to pick exactly the teams that Shannon picks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go win.
Speaker 3: Go with this football.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary is having trouble, but I just want to make sure you got my message. I think your wife is really smart, really engaging. She's great on the radio. I'm sur prised of somebody that's smart and interesting with Mary a dunce like you, But that's okay. I know you try your best. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Years.
Speaker 3: Have they seen your face?
Speaker 6: You're adorable, but I'm still a dunce. Quick question, what is your best piece of advice for a long and happy marriage?
Speaker 5: And Jennon, you are doing fantastic.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, You go migo, laugh together all the time. I remember you're always on the same side.
Speaker 6: And it's okay to take your wife to work every once in.
Speaker 2: A while, right, Hey, Gary, your wife is an amazing analyst for the NFL game.
Speaker 5: She better pick her up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rodney and Pete, Dude.
Speaker 8: She's awesome.
Speaker 2: Rodney and Pete, It's Rodney, Pete the number one and Fred Rogan.
Speaker 6: Raider speak going to for it midday radio show Rodney and Los Angeles in the Western United States, say it what you test bread from KF I A M six You damn right, Fred, Gerry and Champ I love that.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we go out of our way sometimes to try to entertain while we inform interformation, enfoertainment, something along those lines, right over the course of four hours every day, all week. And we like to know what it is that sticks. We like to know what it is that you actually glean onto after we are done blabbing for four hours a day. What I learned on the Gary and Shannon Show is then I've come to appreciate you guys a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Thanks for all the laughs.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you drive me crazy with your political stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shannon number one, you've done a great job today.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: We learn that I do not know what mushrooms do to a person they get too high. Apparently I assume they didn't, but I have not done them.
Speaker 8: Gary and Shannon Number one Evan from Anaheim here.
Speaker 4: I love the show today. What I learned on the Garyan Shannon Show this week is that low t Gary's manager san Chard Shannon man, she's good on the radio.
Speaker 3: I really love the show.
Speaker 6: It was kind of a fun little, uh little twist.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say sany We suspect Gary Kating on his Jeopardy question.
Speaker 6: No, Shannon Number one calls him out. We will find out the truth.
Speaker 3: I know what he knows.
Speaker 2: Robin Oci love you guys, have merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: How would you know? I didn't know Cleopatra?
Speaker 11: This week on The Gary and Shannon and Shannon Show, I learned about the one hundred.
Speaker 6: And eighty four For a second, did he say? Gary and Shannon Shannon.
Speaker 11: This week on The Gary and Shannon and Shannon Show, I learned about one hundred and eighty four foot flagpole in Calipteria, California. That's a really cut story about how the town folks came together and helped one of their own through a tragic time. I'm glad you guys shared that.
Speaker 6: That was a really cool story. It was anyway, you'll have good weekend. See why. Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary Shannon. Number one.
Speaker 12: What I learned this week is I need more the other radio in my life.
Speaker 6: Can you possibly do this more than once a year?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 6: Have a good Christmas. Well I don't know if it counts, but we are playing back.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful KFI life, KFI wonderful life on Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: What I've learned this week on Gary and Shannon is that Gary can do a radio show with two Shannons, but only one at a time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent point. I can't imagine if the both of you were here at the same.
Speaker 3: Time and you go together.
Speaker 12: Gary, I learned.
Speaker 6: Well that was almost three because her sister was there also.
Speaker 8: Gary.
Speaker 12: Yes, I learned you live in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do.
Speaker 12: Your wife rolls down her window and you is going, marijuana is pott. It's twenty twenty four, Dade. Oh, it's mad it.
Speaker 2: Marijuana is not pot. I mean, I understand it's you don't say pot. It's like saying I'm going to go smoke grass dope.
Speaker 6: It's dope.
Speaker 2: But if I'm trying to explain it to my own parents. Then yes, I'm going to say the words that they would have remembered it.
Speaker 3: One thing I learned this week is that Gary actually does have a wife.
Speaker 10: She's not some fictional character that lives in Canada.
Speaker 3: Like your high school girlfriend Junior High Junior.
Speaker 6: High, Hi, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 10: This is built from Arizona six two to fifteen executive protection specialists. What I learned this week Shannon unwittingly out at her husband for admitting he drinks Michelo Ultra. Everyone knows mickel Ultra is a chicken beer.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 10: Gary prefers strippers with leg bruises and do not wait my way of Shannon at Whole Food's coffee line.
Speaker 6: Thanks Okay.
Speaker 2: To clarify a couple of things I've which part the strippernes, oh, the leg bruises whatever. We were talking about a Tuesday, we were talking about chicken strips. Somebody said they were going to leave their job at the out at the port. They're a dock worker. They're going to get the chicken strips at some gentlemen's club because it had better chicken strips. And it was Tuesday at noon and I said, that must not be prime time for the ladies.
Speaker 6: Uh go Tuesday News.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is I've never seen Shannon's husband. I've never seen him drink a michelobultra. I know she said he likes it, but every time I've never seen him drink that, he's always had much better taste around me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pressure, what I learned this week.
Speaker 1: If I call and leave a talk back seven times and sound like an absolute idiot each and every single time, you'll put me on the air.
Speaker 6: Yes I will. I'll be doing this six more times by the way.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey Gary, Hey Shannon number one, Hey Shannon, great job.
Speaker 7: Feeling in today for Shannon number two, wondering where she's at.
Speaker 4: Maybe the Chargers after party. She didn't make it because of that or something.
Speaker 10: But anyways, Now, what I learned on the Gary Shannon Show today is Gary has special underpants like Dad's.
Speaker 6: Like are they? I want to think of the Superman green lantern or.
Speaker 3: What depends on the day.
Speaker 6: Trucker, nice trucker.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Hong Kong, did you want to describe them?
Speaker 6: Careful? Turn about his fair play? Moving on, moving on, It's time for our nine news nugget. You need to know. These are the stories. They kind of fell through the cracks because we were pretty busy this week.
Speaker 2: There was a lot going on. So so here's your honorable mention.
Speaker 6: Honorable mention, not just an honor serving with you.
Speaker 4: Great and honorable Moses.
Speaker 7: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorable Mention.
Speaker 3: Honorable Mention. Serial offender caught munching breakfast at wheel.
Speaker 6: I don't know you want more?
Speaker 3: What do you want to say?
Speaker 2: A van driver was eating cereal and when he was stopped by police. This is in the BBC more than one hundred and ninety offences recorded by police across Yorkshire during a month long crackdown on some of the major roads. They were trying to get away from distracted driving. They said there were a bunch of two handed textures and those who were happy to waive a single finger of frustration when spotted by police.
Speaker 3: I liked that it says the cereal ear was spotted in North Yorkshire, and as was the driver who raised his middle digit when he realized he had been recorded not wearing a seatbelt.
Speaker 2: Others showed an HGV driver. I don't know what that means. Driver typing on a tablet or laptop computer while at the wheel. A Ford Focus driver was also caught using both hands to text on their mobile phone. I mean, if you have a car that's going to drive itself, it's probably not.
Speaker 3: I mean he was just driving with his knee.
Speaker 6: There's also that number nine, number nine.
Speaker 4: I did nine place.
Speaker 10: If a CoP's dirty nine times out of tennis partners dirty.
Speaker 3: Two and I speak nine languages at nine basically everybody at table learning, I'd beel ready to go on another nine?
Speaker 8: And niner?
Speaker 6: Did I get check niner in there where you're calling.
Speaker 7: From Milwaukie talking.
Speaker 6: This is always an issue.
Speaker 2: If you do one of those gift exchanges where you put a money limit on it, you're going to run into some issues, especially if for some reason you find out that someone under I mean it's an upper limit. No, there's no bottom limit, right. A man says he opted to downgrade his sister in law's Christmas gift after realizing what she bought him was not at the same level this has been. It was on Reddit, where you can share all of your dirty secrets, whether they're true or not. He explained that he'd recently gotten his first career job and he's using his new source of income to get good presents for his family members for the first time.
Speaker 6: What's that like. They celebrated early with the sister in law.
Speaker 2: The man's brother got her an Apple watch, and then this guy planned to buy her a nice Apple watch banned because she didn't like the silicone bands that come with them.
Speaker 6: Typically she was.
Speaker 2: Going to step up a little bit, perhaps, and he says, we set a limit for between fifteen one hundred bucks. Apple put out this sleek gold metal band that cost one hundred, so it was at the limit, but it was at the top of the limit. And as the band is sized, ordered a wrist size her and a photo of the band itself and put her inside this gigantic box to be funny so that she actually had something to open. Then it was his turn to open the sister is in law's gift for him.
Speaker 3: I got these hiking socks, which I have been slowly swapping my sock drawer out, but cost twenty six dollars a pair. They're useful and I do love socks, but it's half the range. We decided on what a petty bee.
Speaker 6: You got a gift from your sister in law and it's something you like. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't like the stuff I get from my sister in Now.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, kidding which one, because I know a couple of them. Here's number eighth.
Speaker 4: A tide is bold every eight second listening to eight.
Speaker 6: Different bosses drown on about mission statements.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've seen weird food items, weird shapes that then get auctioned on eBay, or something like a dorito in the face in the shape of Abraham Lincoln silhouette, or a cheeto that looks like a cheetah or something. In this case, an egg bought from a supermarket in Britain donated to a charity went up for sale because it's almost perfectly spherical. It's not egg shaped, it's a ball and fifty bucks. Ed Powell was the person who bought it. He said he bought the egg on impulse after having a few drinks.
Speaker 6: Donated the egg to.
Speaker 2: The Juventus Foundation. Juventus, a charity that supports young people in Oxford. Sure, Oxford. Sure, Here's number seven.
Speaker 6: The seventh son of the seventh son.
Speaker 4: We're on a seven day with a government.
Speaker 3: Seven seven years of college done, seven seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I used to have these. You used to have these, I tell.
Speaker 3: I used to have these. Nothing like getting your kid a huffing kit for Christmas.
Speaker 2: A fifteen piece bubble ball toy that they sell in Canada. I don't see them around here anymore. I feel like they were they were outlawed here. But this is a it's a kit that has a short plastic straw and a solvent mixture. You mix it up and you put it like on the end of the straw and you blow into it and it creates this weird multicolored balloon. But if you sh suck the air back in after it's been in the solvement solvent, it says it could cause extended periods symptoms central nervous system depression or dysfunction, euphoria, hallucinations, dizzyness, and difficulties with coordination and voluntary.
Speaker 6: So these are nine night bubbles, But it's more than that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like like we were saying earlier, when it comes to sleep, is psychedelics?
Speaker 6: Is it? Maybe it's a really bad trip.
Speaker 3: They are available on Amazon in the US. Yeah, look at that eleven ninety eight.
Speaker 6: Can we get him for stocking stuffers for the kids?
Speaker 3: You think sure?
Speaker 6: Number six? I got six, you got six, she got six. Number six, there's six more weeks of water.
Speaker 3: A picture of me, Rabbi and six drunk and longshom.
Speaker 4: Why we just dig in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 2: I don't have to take dad drink another six pack.
Speaker 6: Well, they're halfway there.
Speaker 2: Joy Rogan, sorry, Joy Ryan and her forty three year old grandson Brad.
Speaker 6: Joy is ninety one.
Speaker 2: She has a goal that she wants to visit every continent with her grandson. She's up to number four because she made it to Antarctica. She so sweet and forty three year old Brad reached Antarctica on a hybrid battery powered cruise ship, their fourth continent together and halfway point on their mission to visit just every continent together. Said that Brad took Grandma Joy, as she's known, to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in twenty fifteen. She said, I slept in a tent. I climbed a mountain all for the first time at the age of eighty five.
Speaker 3: So maybe when I made you five, I'll sleep in a tent.
Speaker 2: I still don't think that's gonna happen unless it's a mosquito tent in the house for some reason.
Speaker 6: Here's number five five. I have we begin bombing in five minutes. Five little monkey, this is the year five point five.
Speaker 4: Five would be a favorite.
Speaker 6: Loose five pounds immediately listen.
Speaker 3: I know Harvey. He was married, father of five gaggle of grandchildren. He deserved it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he deserved it, but his grandkids have an incredible story to tell about their grandpappy. This is Lester Harvey, fifty eight year old Phoenix, Virginia. He had been out hunting with a group following a bear. The bear ran up the tree as they got back and sort of retreated from the tree a bit, maybe to have a better angle at it. One of the guys shot the bear, and the animal does what animals do when they're in a tree and dead. He fell out of it and the bear fell onto Lester Harvey.
Speaker 3: Now the first time this has happened. In twenty eighteen, a man in Alaska was injured after his hunting partner shot a bear and the animal tumbled down a slope into the man, who was also struck by rocks just lodged by the bear.
Speaker 2: Listen, don't mess with them. I don't have a problem with that. The bear's fighting back the other one. In twenty nineteen, a guy was injured. He and his hunting partner shot a bear in a tree in North Carolina. The bear falls out and starts to bite the guy.
Speaker 6: You shot him. What did you expect him to do?
Speaker 2: If you're not a good shot and you can't kill him? The man in the animal tumbled off a cliff. The hunter had to be taken to the hospital. The bear was later found dead at the bottom of said cliff.
Speaker 6: Here's number four or minute.
Speaker 3: It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now, Commandment number four.
Speaker 6: The This isn't the same world you left four years ago, so I'm not quite sure exactly how this happens.
Speaker 2: But a grandma who had the license plate number NCC seventeen oh one.
Speaker 6: Does that make sense anybody at ring a bell?
Speaker 2: It's the number and letters on the starship Enterprise.
Speaker 3: I don't understand this. Why is this the problem?
Speaker 2: A mom was losing her eye sight, so she gave up driving, sold her car, surrendered her license plates a few years ago, but the New York plates have been trying to buy matching novelty plates, or have been, i should say, buying matching novelty plates with the same USS Enterprise numbers on at the NCC seventeen oh one.
Speaker 6: So for some reason, she's still getting tickets.
Speaker 2: These other drivers are going through red light cameras or speeding cameras, and she's the one getting thousands of dollars worth of tickets because apparently it's still registered in her name.
Speaker 10: Here's number three shall be the non badashaws and the number of the counting.
Speaker 4: Shall be three. Were dead within three hours.
Speaker 5: Three security clearance level three, all.
Speaker 4: Three of you three.
Speaker 6: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your naturally born live. After that three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 2: So my prediction is we're going to see stories out of this funeral home very very quickly.
Speaker 3: This is a brilliant idea.
Speaker 2: A story at a Columbus, Ohio a funeral home has applied for a liquor license, the Evergreen Funeral, Cremation and Reception Center. They said it's a unique twist to a celebration of life and they want to change how people view the average funeral.
Speaker 3: Mixed cub ultra for everyone.
Speaker 2: So let's get everyone drunk and talk about what Grandpa did?
Speaker 3: You know what? It'll make a little bit more real.
Speaker 6: Do you think those weren't real?
Speaker 3: I just think it'll maybe open up the honesty tap a little bit at the eulogies.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can't you can't have a drink until you say something nice about Grandpa Grandma.
Speaker 6: Here's number two. What's going on?
Speaker 4: We got two fingers one two.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 8: There's two sons and no women.
Speaker 2: Different parts of the world, man, they do things a little bit differently. This guy was struggling with fertility, wanted to be a father, So what better way to induce I guess what sperm production than to swallow a live chicken?
Speaker 3: Just eat the testicles. It's a chick. Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a small one, but it's but he he choked on it and died, as did the chick and chick and doctors performed an autopsy. They said, originally they couldn't tell what it was that killed him, and then they made an incision near his throat and realized that there was a chick stuck in there.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have been amazing if the chick was still alive, and they cut it open, and.
Speaker 2: Then they saved it and raised it like their own, their own little baby. Here's number one, we'd number one, number one.
Speaker 4: We're number one, ben I decided to look out for number one.
Speaker 8: Are you the number one row? Number one?
Speaker 4: Number number one?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody likes to go through their latest issue of urology case reports, and in this one latest the latest issue, a man's routine visit to a doctor turned into a nightmare after physicians discovered that his penis was solidifying. Not like that, not like that, it was turning to bone, not like that. The unnamed patient, in his sixties had reported to the doctor's office for a trauma of the knee, but during the visit, he alerted medics it hurts right there.
Speaker 3: Also, upon examination, physicians didn't find any prostates, dwelling, unusual discharge, or any of the usual markers of phallic agony, so they conducted an X ray to look for possible pelvic fractures. The images revealed the hard truth. The patient had extensive blacklike calcification along the length of the manhood. You love the story so much.
Speaker 2: Well, they said they can treat it through shockwave therapy, in which doctors use sonic pulses to break down the calcified mass.
Speaker 3: Now how they get rid of kidney stones?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, hell, hey, thank you thanks.
Speaker 3: For having me take your wife to workday.
Speaker 2: Yes, now we get to go sit in silence for the drive home. Right, Oh, I have so much to say.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting notes after the Santa all right, John Cobelchow is up next. We'll see you in the beginning of the year. Have a great holiday, Happy, Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, Abi Kwanza, Happy Kwanza, Happy New Year, Boxing Day, and then we'll celebrate my birthday.
Speaker 6: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.