Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Sunday evening, December twenty seconds, and we had a pretty big show today. Two big series, well three big series in December wrapped up, or at least two of the three wrapped up. One I think is still in the very very taal end of things, and those are of course WISP Paradise, WPT World Championship, and EPT Prague. Tim and I are going to hit on those three series. Then in a few days we're gonna have another episode for you guys where we hit on some of the latest PGT stuff as we lead into the PGT Last Ants Series and PGT Championship. Busy couple days here, I guess, in the final days of twenty twenty four. But how are you, sir? How you doing? I feel like it's been a while since we've been on a podcast together.
Speaker 2: It has been a very long time, but good. I'm looking forward to getting through Christmas. I mean, you know how it is with kids, just getting through getting through Christmas, you know, because I feel like, once you.
Speaker 1: Own I'm literally by the way surrounded by presence, Like I can't like move my chair in my office. There's presence everywhere. Some reason, my wife decided to wrap them and just like leave them around me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just feel like once the presents of open Christmas lunch has had, you can start ripping down decorations and like get ready for the new year. That's the bit I like, to be honest, ready for the new year.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not in charge of any of the decorations, So do.
Speaker 3: You put up any anything else?
Speaker 1: No? Not really, I mean whatever my wife asked me to help with, yes, but I tend to just leave her in charge of the decorations for all holidays. That's her jam. She can do whatever she wants and whatnot. Obviously, if if I need to, you know, do some some stuff that she can't do or that she doesn't want to do or whatever, I'm happy to help out. But other than that, it's it's her jam. Like this year, I mean, we don't. We never really put lights outside, like a lot of lights, just because it's a it's a hassle to put them in the house and you know whatever, So we never did it. And then I came home one day and there's just lights all over the place. But she had like those ones that she got them from her parents and they're the ones that you just put over bushes in the front of ardor what. So nothing's like, you know, nailed their stable to the house or anything like that. But I was surprised when I turned the corner and we have a house red on the corner, and I was like, what the hell, what are all these lights? What the hell is going on? But but yeah, so I guess that's our new thing for this year. But it is that time of year.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So as I said, WSP Paradise, WPT World Championship in ept progue. First things first, of course, do need to thank our sponsors, and we got a brand new one and it's I mean, I guess it's not really a sponsor more so as it is a new offering from poker Go, and that is play poker Go. If you are looking for poker that's fun and free, head on over to play PokerGO dot com where you will find authentic poker action that's no gimmicks, no bots, just true poker players like you and like me because I'm on there quite a bit blasting off from all around the world, jumps straight into a ring game, or test your skills in multi table tournaments against real competition. With play poker Go, every hand feels like the real deal. It's poker how you want it. It's authentic, it's fun, it's free. You can find it on the web, I said, play PokerGO dot com. Just head there also iOS and android, You guys can find it on those devices as well. So join the fun and sign up for free at play PokerGO dot com. Do you also want to remind you, guys that this episode of the Poker Gol podcast is brought to you by Stormax. The easiest way to earn crypto cash back. Just head on over to stormax dot io, activate your cash back offers, and then start shopping online as you normally do. Shop online through all of the eligible vendors that are available on the storm x platform, and then you can earn crypto cash back on confirmed purchases. There are a variety of tokens available, including bitcoin, dochecoin, and more. Earning crypto doesn't have to be hard with Stormax, Earning crypto is easy. So we're going to go in the order of WSP Paradise first, WPT WO Championship second, and then EPT Prog third. Not necessarily any really rhyme or reason to that order. I think I just based it off of the fact that first place prize won in each main event was the biggest for Paradise, second biggest for World Championship, third biggest for Prague. So that's the order I went with. Don't read into it much more than that. It's just how we're going to be talking about things. SOUBSB Paradise, of course, the uh I Guess Monstrous Series out of the Bahamas Atlantis down in the Bahamas. The headlining event, of course, was the twenty five thousand dollars buying Super Main Event. I always want to say super duper main event. They should just really put the duper in there. If they're going to put the super in there, why not. This one had a fifty million dollars guarantee. That missed. That missed. Did you say it would miss did I? I can't remember what we can't remember what we predicted. It got close, though. Total of nineteen hundred and seventy eight entries, thirteen hundred and seventy eight of those entries came from the live portion of the series, six hundred came from the online portion of the series, so nineteen hundred and seventy eight entries. The overlay was five hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It looked like, or at least there was a lot of talk out there on social media that the overlay was going to be much worse than it ended up being. You know, people were talking about multiple millions of dollars of overlay. It obviously did not amount to that in the end. I will say that I think there's a fair amount of skepticism out there, just the fact that the online qualifiers or the online entries. I thought I saw it was like five twenty or something, then all of a sudden it was six hundred. So I'm just kind of like, I have no idea what it is. But nevertheless, they came close five hundred and fifty k of overlay, which is good for anyone that played in the field. Winning it All. China's Yanan Zoo wins it All for six million dollars. Hello, that is a hefty chunk of change. He defeated Brazil's Marcelo Aziz Junior in heads up play. Aziz took home four point six million dollars from a free roll. I guess he got in from a free roll on Gigi Poker. Then went on to finish in second place for four point six million dollars, which is absolutely insane. Mastapha Kanet third place for three point six million, Live Beree, she was back on the felt don't see her much these days in the poker sphere, but she was back and she finished in fourth place for two point eight million. Christopher Win two point one million for his fifth place finish. Michael Adamo, your boy, Sir, Kangaroo Crew, he has he has returned. I mean, we haven't seen that guy in forever, I feel like, but he was back and he was doing his thing. He finished in sixth place for one point sixty five million. Justin Bonomo. We're going to get into a little controversy that surrounded justin Monomo. He finished in seventh place for one point three million. Badim Lapuka Lapaca, I'm probably butchering that name.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Vidin one million dollars for eighth place, and then George Lehman seven hundred and fifty k for ninth place. Do you want to mention. Tenth place finisher was none other than Chris Moneymaker five hundred K for mister money Maker, which is pretty incredible. But listen, we have to give our flowers to Zo, the twenty four year old champion. He started playing online, according to what I was reading online, mostly from pokernews dot com, started playing online when he was eighteen years old. So he claimed to have played millions of hands online, both cash games and tournaments. From watching the live stream, I watched a bit of the stuff that was happening both WPT and Paradise as much as I could. Zoo looked the part, played the part. He pulled this crazy, wild bluff against Michael o'damo, which it was an incredible bluff. Yes, I think it was even better or got a little bit more shine in the spotlight because it was against a domo, and normally it's a domo who's pulling these crazy bluffs, right, So I guess just quickly on that hand, between Adamo and Zoo, the blinds were two million, four million, which is just freaking wild to even say. Under the gun Zou race to eight million. He had ace jack off. Adamo defended from the big line with ace ten off. It came ten to seven to four with two clubs tennis spade seven club's four clubs. Adamo checked zou bet six million, which was just over twenty percent pot. Adamo made the call, turns the nine of hearts. Adamo decides to lead for what was just over twenty percent pot eight point five million. Zao opts to raise with his ace high to twenty million. Adamo makes the call. Domo does have the best hand. He did flop that top hair, top kicker. River is the queen of diamonds. Adamo goes for a check. Zoo goes for it forty seven and a half million, which is seventy percent of the pot. Adamo folds And that was the bluff heard round the world, at least for December, because I'm sure we'll have another one coming up soon. But that was really kind of the I guess coming out party for Zo. It in a way like, Hey, I'm here to win, I'm here to go up against the best. It doesn't matter that this is Michael O'damo. You know, he's the crazy guy who puts players in tough spots. I'm gonna put him in a tough spot. And it ultimately worked out. What did you think about Zoo's play or this bluff anything.
Speaker 3: He's just he's just lost it. He's just not good anymore.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know, he used to be the greatest in the world, and he's just he's falling apart on the world's biggest stage. He's just it's just disrespectful to the Australian flag, is what I have to say.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you want to talk about falling apart in the world's biggest How about Tony Parker?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that I mean that was.
Speaker 1: NBA Legend of the San Antonio Spurs. He's down.
Speaker 3: Did he play with the Charlotte season He's last season?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so he gets in a hand with was it bow Ding? It was early in the event, or at least earlier in the event. Ding opens with the min rais. I think the blinds were eight sixteen. He made it thirty two K, folds over to Parker, who has pocket kings. He makes it sixty four K, so essentially a click, it goes back over to Ding. He jams Ace Queen. I can't remember if it was suited or offsuit, but nonetheless he jams Ace Queen Parker tanks forever and folds the kings, just an absolutely outrageous fold that almost sent Ali Najade off the top of the Atlantis. I mean, just I would have had to leave the commentary book. To be honest, I'm not sure I could have continued after that. I mean, I don't know what Tony Parker was doing, but that's what he did. Anyway. That's a sing.
Speaker 3: Let's let okay, let's think about this.
Speaker 2: How much poka do you think Tony Poker plays outside of this when he comes to the World Series and.
Speaker 1: You're folding kings?
Speaker 2: No, but like, bro, maybe he just thinks that like when someone remember how it used to be back in the day when someone three Bayu they had kings or races. Maybe he's got that mindset, so he's just like the guy has to have ass is not all the way.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's probably what he's thinking.
Speaker 2: Is probably very simple, basic logic and kind of understandable for someone that does not play poko. You know, I'm not saying I'm saying it's a good follow I'm just saying I'm trying to get into his head.
Speaker 1: Well, according to what Tony Parker told Poker News. He said, I folded pocket Kings. I heard. I don't know. They told me that he had Ace Queen. But it's one of those games where you just have to go with your feeling and how you feel the guys at the table.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a field player. I love it. He's my favorite player already.
Speaker 1: Now it was Ace Queen Offsey. By the way, it's just it's an absolutely positively outrageous fold. I mean, one of the worst folds I've ever seen in my life. It just has to be there's nothing good about it. Anyway, back to this event, uh so Yin Enzou, twenty four year old Chinese player comes out on top. I will say that these Chinese players, by the way, they're going to be a problem, and like in a good way. Like they're like these You see a lot of these young Chinese players taking to poker and you have no idea who they are, and they start coming to the WSP, they come to big events like WSP Paradise. There was a bunch of them that I ran into it WPT World Championship. Like you see them all over now and they're just so good and they're young and they're fucking hungry, and they're fierce, and they don't give a crap, as evidenced by the fact that Zau just you know, decided to go for it against Adamo in this hand with this crazy bluff. I mean, these players are extremely good. So I'm just saying like they're going to be a problem in the sense that, you know, don't be scared or don't or sorry, don't be surprised. I should say, if you know, next WSP you have like fifteen of them them winning gold braces something something like that. Right, Like, they're much like you know, the Brazilians kind of came onto the scene more recently, like years and years ago. It used to be like the Brazilians are off of poker, like go to Brazil for all the LAPT events. It's bad, they're horrible down there. But now a lot of the Brazilians are some of the best players in the world. I feel like we're gonna start seeing that with some of these Chinese players, and probably, you know, on a more broad scale, the Asian players in general. They're just playing a lot more. They're super sharp, they're all studying and they're doing their own thing, you know.
Speaker 2: So I quickly pulled out my stat stock, but it needs a lot of updating. But twenty twenty three World Series, I was just thinking, as you're talking about the Chinese players, I was like, oh, they won a lot of bracelets.
Speaker 3: At you.
Speaker 2: They won six bracelets with ranks equal second with Canada, the most bracelets of the twenty twenty three World Series of Poker.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go already, coming on.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go on record right now that says twenty twenty five dovs. But they're gonna win the second most bracelets. It'll be USA number one, just because USA has the most players, of course, and then it's going to be China number two for sure, Like I'll bet on it.
Speaker 2: It's really out of who like Canada to China, Brazil, Germany, Australia.
Speaker 3: That's kind of it, right, I guess England.
Speaker 1: England is kind of like I feel like, not so much anymore. I feel like they used to be. I feel like they just don't have that many as many players as they once did. Yeah, I mean not that not that the players that they don't have aren't really good. I mean they are, but you know, it's just not as many as it once was. Canadians I feel like aren't as many because of the whole tax situation, you know that sort of thing. A lot of the a lot of the really top Canadians like don't come and put in massive volumes like they might come for the main event or some of the really big high rollers, but not putting in those huge, huge volumes that they used to. So you know, it's tricky. So yeah, I'm gonna say China gets the most second most bracelets next summer. That's my that's my bet. So yeah, crazy win here, obviously, crazy event in general. I'll get your thoughts on on a little bit more of that in a bit, But I do want to hit on this Bonomo controversy that kind of dropped out of nowhere, I guess just because it's he fired off a tweet saying like they so he was wearing. So it turned out to be a cafia, I believe. If I'm pronouncing that correctly, which is, for lack of a better terms, it looks like a scarf, okay, and it's worn in support of Palestine. Palestine right, and Bontomo of course, has been extremely vocal on on social media about what's going on over in the Middle East, right, and you know, he's obviously very polarizing on this topic. I'm not going to get into all that sort of stuff because we're not going.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: But what is interesting here is that he tweeted out that the doubs a p was going to disqualify him from the event. What he said was down to sixteen players in the twenty five K Superminis informed me that I will be disqualified from the tournament if I don't take my kafia off. He said, pretty fucked that they'll run a charity tournament for the IDF, but won't let me wear a scarf because it was made in Palestine. Now, that last part about the tournament for the idea, if there was a charity tournament down there, I don't think from what I've heard that it was directly for the IDF. It was more for like widows and children and stuff like that, people who have lost loved ones, lost parents, et cetera. So we're just gonna leave that to a side for a second or all together. But it's it seems pretty crazy that the wasby took this stance. To be honest, I mean, I don't have a side here, like I'm not going to side with Bontamo for what he believes in or side for the people on the other side. I'm not here to make my opinions heard on that. It just seems like he's I mean, I'm sure they have some sort of rule on the books that they can kind of do whatever they want. They're gonna deny political statements that sort of stuff, But it seems weird that you would all of a sudden do this now and then It's kind of interesting that it's juxtaposed between the fact that they had this charity tournament there it's Bonama who's so vocal when I'm I'm sure there has to be plenty of times where there's been something similar worn by someone during the summer, right, Like, there's just so much going on that like somebody has to have something on, Like, for example, if I show up wearing a a Maga hat, isn't that kind of like, you know, is that is that? Like I mean, are they gonna say, oh, no, you can't, you can't do that like that type of thing.
Speaker 2: I think there was some talk where you know, these this this, these streams are going to cut into episodes, these episodes would be going to network TV. Uh, and that's where it was going to be an issue. Whilst the IDF Tournament it wasn't streamed. It was just an event that was held where it wasn't you know, gonna be on network TV and affect anything like that. So from that aspect, it kind of makes sense. I actually spoke to Palestinian friend of mine that I play soccer with, and he says that that like that item is you know, in a way the I don't even know how to say this probably, but it's becoming like synonymous with the whole kind of Palestine.
Speaker 1: If you wear it in support of Palestine like that, it's one of those things that if you're I'll say, an outsider, but like if you know, if you're I mean, I would bottom was an outsider in the sense that he's not there in the middle of it all is what I'm trying to get it. And you can wear it in support just like when I mentioned the Make America Great Again hat, Like you wear that in support of Donald Trump or the Republican Party, Like that's just what you do, right, yeah, wearing if Tim shows up in a Denver Broncos jersey yes, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and like it's there's no statement on this For those who haven't seen on this scoff, it's literally just a white and blue patterned scarf that Bonomo was wearing over his shoulders, so he wasn't wearing it like a headband like you know some people might think.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not against the decision if it's based on a reason such as what we've kind of discussed, like the whole TV aspect. I just think the WSP should have been ahead of that, you know, instead of letting Bonomo, you know, come out and say what everyone's to say, he should have they should have said this is the reasons why and immediately kind of issued not a statement, but like maybe via social said something just to like calm the whole noise that this ended up creating around the social universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I thought it was just extremely interesting and very bold, to say the least, for the w s B to take this stance, because I mean, you take this stance as an organization, I mean you're kind of picking aside in a way, you know, like you have to you have to, I guess rule on equal footing in a lot of situations. So you know, what if something happens during the summer where somebody's playing at Bonomo's table and they're supporting something, you know, by by wearing a garment or wearing a T shirt that says something, or a hat or you know, maybe they have some sort of chip or sorry card protector or whatever it may be, and Bonnamball calls it out, but they don't do anything. Then like then it then it becomes a whole another situation. So it's just I don't know, it kind of like weirdly opens this can of worms that I just never thought that the w SP would would go down because I'm also not I'm not sure that a lot of I mean, you mentioned the TV stuff, like what a lot of people even draw the or connect the dots or they just think, oh, he's wearing a scarf.
Speaker 2: I think the majority of the world would say is a scarf?
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean. So like they're like they made it into something that it that maybe people didn't or would have never thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, which I think it's some other question of interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, if it's GG producing episodes sending it to a CBS or something, and then CBS being like, no, you kind of have this, you know, because obviously they would understand the more logistics behind the political stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean I thought it was I also thought it was interesting because this is now the two biggest WSP event events, like in a row WSB main event in the summer and now this WSP Paradise Super main event, where there's been like some controversy that in a way is kind of taken center stage. Like you had the whole laptop Gate stuff happen and that really like took the spotlight away from Jonathan Tomio's win in the summer or at the end of the summer, and then here, I mean, for you know whatever anywhere from twenty four to seventy two hours and you know, like we're talking about it on this podcast, a lot of people have been talking about on social media like it's almost like let's forget about ZAO and just focus on this controversial ruling that happened, you know, And it's kind of just it's interesting that that has happened and it's both involved these two massive WSITY events. I just I don't know, I just find that kind of like weirdly coincidental, is all I guess. So other notable finishes from this event you had ren Linn Speaking of Chinese players, ren Linn is just always crushing it. Eleventh place for three hundred and seventy k srel Mitzi's sixtheenth place excuse me for two hundred ninety five thousand dollars. Chris Claude Nikki Back in the Mix, twenty sixth for one hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Aplu Garza Your Guy, Oh Boy, Sweet Lou thirty six for one hundred and forty one thousand dollars. Matthew Wantman, he's a regular on the PGT. He got forty sixth for one hundred and forty thousand dollars. Nick Patrangel I think finished forty seventh for one hundred and forty thousand dollars as well. Darren Elias. I was actually surprised to see Darren Olias there and not in Vegas for the bed MGM series fifty eighth for one hundred and ten thousand dollars for him. Stephen Chidwick eighty six for eighty six thousand dollars. Nick Shulman, who had a pretty good series ninety second for eighty six thousand dollars. Alex Foxen cash in one hundred and thirty fifth place, as did his wife Kristen Fox and she finished in two hundred and tenth place. And then a couple of legendary players here, Eric's Sidel one hundred and sixty first, Daniel legrand New one hundred and seventieth, and John Juwanda one hundred and seventy first. All right, so specific to the ws AP, super Duper Main Event is always the super Duper Main event in my world, Tim, what are your overall thoughts like about the event, about the near reaching of the guarantee, just kind of give it to me.
Speaker 2: As you mentioned at the top of the show, a little bit of skepticism on the numbers. I'm not saying that they didn't hit it, but you know it's from the start they weren't very transparent on how many were on the online flights. And you know, we saw a tweet that came out about changing the structure and changing how the event was, the schedule and everything, and.
Speaker 1: Wait, well, quickly, the stuff you saw on social media that you're referencing about the changing of the structure is that they extended the late registration period by a level. I think it was maybe two levels. I can't remember something with two levels. Seems a little bit questionable to be able to do that after after the event like started, after people have traveled they're like all that sort of stuff, so interesting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that, you know, I think that puts a little bit of a distaste in player's mouth because you know, you're basically trying to not overlay so much, and people are obviously traveling there thinking, hey, this is going to overlay. I would I'm going to my EV goes up, I'm going to partake, and then when you change the structure of the event, you know, you're basically, you know, eating up their EV.
Speaker 3: So I didn't really like that.
Speaker 2: The fact that they did get so close, whether thember is real or not, is great. You know, you say, nineteen hundred and seventy eight entrance. I would love to see a unique number.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I did hear from certain players about big name pros being in for ten twelve bullets, some disgusting album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two hundred and fifty K jeez.
Speaker 3: That's why I'd love to see the unique list.
Speaker 2: And I kind of know exactly what that number is for some some players. So but outside of that the positives, I thought the coverage was great. Like you, I watched nearly every day when I wasn't either playing or doing something else, and that, you know, kudos out there to try it and the gig team for that.
Speaker 3: I thought their social was great.
Speaker 2: They were just kind of doing stuff And I know that sounds really silly, but compared to how they've handled you know, previous WSP events, they it looks like they were actively trying to do more and I think.
Speaker 3: That's good for both WSP but also just all the events that are going around.
Speaker 2: You know, in December, you know, we're going to talk about WBT, We're going to talk about EBT product. There's just a lot going on, and WSP were making sure that they were a talking point. So that, Yeah, that's kind of what I take out of the main event.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll run it back in twenty twenty five with the same fifty million dollars guarantee? Is there a chance in your mind they go bigger? Will they pull it back go smaller? What are your thoughts there?
Speaker 2: I really don't know. I could see them changing it. It annoys me that the first two years of this series the main events different.
Speaker 1: I mean last year last year was like the WSB Paradise main event was a ten k buy in.
Speaker 3: This year it's five k bying.
Speaker 1: It's this or yeah, five k buying. This year it's this super duper main event with the twenty five k buy and you.
Speaker 2: Know, and like it's next year going to go back to ten k, and then it's just like the consistency is not.
Speaker 1: There, go to fifty k for all I know, Like, I mean, there's no whatsoever.
Speaker 2: If I had to choose, I would just say, hey, just keep keep it as it is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Are they going to reduce the main event guarantee? They probably have a little bit too much prior to do that, So I guess from a betting man, I'd probably say it's going to be run back very similar, twenty five k super main event, fifty million guarantee.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to any players about this event? What were any thoughts that you heard on it? Did people think that they found value in playing it? I mean me from Afar watching the coverage, looking through the updates, it seemed like it was eighty percent really good players. I'm like sitting here wondering, like, where the hell is the value in this thing?
Speaker 2: The value is obviously in the potential overlay, right, and then you also.
Speaker 1: Have al like you know, you don't, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's always potential. But then there's also the million free role they had. They also had the whole bitcoin locked in price thing, so there was some ev in other ways. And I believe a lot of players were getting free comped rooms, so.
Speaker 3: There is some EV there.
Speaker 2: The most things I heard from players were negative, but not negative towards the event. It was more I was just kind of sick of the mahamas. I was over it, you know, more of that than than like then the actual specifics of the event. So it's very like, you know, individual and personalized. A lot of players traveled back prior to the million dollar free role, so that's quite surprising that they, you know, these these players are giving up that ev. I don't I don't know how many entrants were could have maxed that and then out, but you could kind of calculate the ev that they would give up that to come back here to Vegas to play the last you know, the last flight of the main or whatever. Events that were coming back for So that kind of surprised me. But yeah, I didn't really hear anything negative about the actual event that we kind of haven't already discussed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm just curious to try and know if players would opt to go back, like if they if they went this time, obviously going because oh this is a twenty five k it's got a fifty million dollar guarantee, you know, hopefully it'll be pretty good. But then if you I'm talking about the specific like play like and if you get into the event, it's not as valuable as you might have thought. You're planning on a lot of really tough players. Do you not then, like overextend yourself to go, you know, spend a week and a half or however long into Bahamas, you know, possibly pay for flight and hotel and all that sort of stuff that comes with not only just going to like this specific event, but traveling for any event. Like it's it's a lot on you, right, Like, it's a lot of travel, it's a lot of extra money that you have to pay, which is essentially rake on ongoing to a tournament like this. So you know, did did they deem that it was worth it, you know, from a player of perspective or player of value perspective, I'd be curious to know or if they feel like maybe like most specifically players within the States are even even you know, focus that in a little bit more players out of Vegas, Like, am I just going to stay there and do the WPT thing next year?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Or am I going to again jump to the Bahamas? I don't.
Speaker 3: It's going to be on the schedule.
Speaker 2: These guys are always going to choose the best schedule what they think is best for them. Obviously, Paradise offered in a lot of people's mind decent value with the the Super Super Dupid main event and the free roll. Now if they don't have that next year and and WPT bring back, say a guarantee, well then hey, maybe there's more incentive to stay in Vegas. Maybe Paradise doubles down and does even more, tries to give up more value for players and in a way take some of the people that didn't go this year.
Speaker 3: So so he's going to be a schedule thing. You know.
Speaker 2: We'll see what both series announce and then players will start kind of making their mind up from there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the schedule other events that took place at WSP Paradise and the winners of those events. You had Jeff Hakeim winning the twenty seven hundred and fifty dollars Mini Main Event for five hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. This event had two thousand and thirty one entries. A Lejandro Lecoco won the five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars Triton Million. This was the event where it's called the Triton Million because I guess technically it's a million dollar buying because you had to go in in pairs, you had to have a VIP that was playing, and then that VIP invited a pro. There was ninety six entries in this one and Locco won it all for just over twelve million dollars. Locco has become an absolute freaking force on the poker scene in recent years. I know he was like wild and crazy when he made that w SP main event run a handful of years ago, and ever since then, I feel like he's just gotten better and better and better and continues to dominate and now has obviously a massive, massive score for just over twelve million dollars. Lataro Guerra the PLO Crusher won the one hundred and three thousand dollars PLO Super high Roller for two million, one hundred and twenty six thousand dollars. He topped the field of eighty eight entries there. Eric Wasserson finally got a World Series of Poker Gold race that he won the twenty six thousand dollars Dealers Choice Championship for three hundred and fifty three thousand dollars. This event had forty nine entries. This event, by the way, had a little controversy itself because wasn't it on the schedule as like a twenty one game Dealer's Voice, and then they announced in like Level two that they were changing into a ten game. So you know, according to who you talk to, that was always the plan. But personally, I find it hard that it was always the plan if it wasn't publicized beforehand, Like, I don't know how you can claim that it was always the plan yet it wasn't publicized beforehand, And then you talk to some other sources and they said that everyone that plays it, no, it was always going to be a ten game. What do you mean, like you mean, every everyone that could have played it. No, you have to like that. You have to talk to everyone because it's not like one of those events where like you sign up ahead of time and it's capped and you know, all like forty nine players in the field, like you or I could have showed up yeah and been like, oh, we're playing, but no one told us like that. Just it seems like they're backtracking there, which is, you know, just another kind of like weird, interesting thing to come out of this series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, WSP are not good at structure sheets, like even the ones in the Vegas they kind of leave out important information. So I think whether or not this was true or not that it was ten game Mix put it on the structure sheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was That was just weird.
Speaker 1: Ley You who Zoo claimed is a Chinese super pro. He won the fifty three hundred dollars Nolan Man hold Him Deep Stack event for two hundred ninety three thousand dollars. This event had three hundred and sixty three entries. Alex Foxen we all know Alex Foxen. He won the one hundred and six thousand dollars Buying Triton Main Event for three point eight five million dollars one hundred and eighty two entries. Here played a six six sick hand against Jiao Vieira in heads up play where he called with I believe it was bottom pair with I think it was eight deuce in his hand. Just a great, great hand, great performance there from Alex fox When when Foxen is locked in and he's locked in like ninety eight percent of the time, I mean, good luck beating that guy seriously. Steven Chidwick won the fifty two thousand dollars PLO Championship for one million, three hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars. He topped a field of one hundred and twenty two entries. Stevie, listen, wrong, wsop, we drafted did you for the summer WSP. You were supposed to win one of the big PLO tournaments there not this not in paradise. This doesn't count for fantasy, Stevie, Come on, man, do me a solid good lord. Mike Gardinski got another bracelet ten thousand and four dollars PLO. He won for three hundred ninety three thousand dollars. This event had two hundred entries. Johann Straver won the ten thousand and four dollars Gigi Millions Championship for a whopping eight hundred and seven thousand dollars five hundred and thirty two entries there. Thomas Fuchs probably butchered that name won the fifty two thousand dollars high Roller one point two nine to two million, one hundred and thirty entries there. Nick Shulman fifty three hundred dollars closer Turbo Bounty won it for one hundred and forty five thousand dollars. This was a crazy final table. It had Sean Deeb, It had renln with I think Renlin finished in the second place. It had Negrand new At, It had a Santos servanna At. It so wild final table. There dred and thirty eight entries in that one, and then Pablo Silva won the Summer Saver Internationalist. Was that million dollar free roll at the end of the series. Four hundred and eighty seven entries were in it, two hundred K for Silva. Shulman another bracelet. He was asked afterwards, but I can't remember if it was Pokernews or poker dot org forgive me, but somebody asked him about the Hall of Fame. He was. I would say he changed his tune a little bit compared to when you talked with him in the summer. When you talked with them in the summer, he was like, I'm one of the best in the world. I believe that I want to be in the Hall of Fame, like you know, all that sort of stuff. And now he was kind of like put off and just kind of said, you know, I don't really care about that or think about that sort of stuff. You know, So it could just be Nick like in the moment just having it.
Speaker 3: I have a take on that.
Speaker 1: What's the take? He likes you and he doesn't like them.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, Well, remember my interview was off to the side. We sat for ten minutes no camera. This one on camera, and we know how Nick is, you know, I think he cares about his image. He's persona and he was just very selective with his words while there was a camera present. So I think my interview is what he really feels. But this was he was just you know, being the the Nick Schulman that people are kind of accustomed to singing or speaking to.
Speaker 1: I like Kaki Nick Schulman.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it too.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't like humble Nick Schulman. I like the cockings. Not not that it was like overly cocky in a bad way.
Speaker 3: But it was it was confident, right rightually cocky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I mean he is one of the best players in the world. I think he certainly deserves to get into the Hall of Fame. I believe I saw Daniel Legrand new I think it was it was either in his log or maybe on Twitter. I can't remember exactly, but he said, you know, he's probably gonna get in or something like that. But we talked about this a couple of times now this year.
Speaker 3: We talked.
Speaker 1: But over the summer. Next year is going to be interesting because Scott Zever's up right, no one's up like this is what do you think in those two? I mean, that's that's very close between those two. Do you have any other lingering thoughts on WSP Paradise before.
Speaker 3: We move on? Yeah, let's move it to January.
Speaker 1: Well that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean earlier this earlier in November. I don't know, I mean, okay, wait, wait real quick.
Speaker 1: I don't hate moving it to January. I just I wonder I wonder now if they've now had two years of this, I would I would think that they view it as a success. You know, even though it's going head to head with the WPT World Championship and also you know, basically head to head with EPT Prog. I still think that they view it as a success. So in their mind, like why move it?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: I mean, how many Americans went to this series is my first question?
Speaker 1: Because you can move it a few going to be international and then w Sampionship is always going to be USA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you move it a little closer to Thanksgiving, even overlapping Thanksgiving, I think that actually will get you more numbers, more Americans.
Speaker 1: And then then you're going heads up with Seminole. You're going you're possibly going heads up with.
Speaker 3: It's different, completely different event. I guess Seminal's three three K main event. Seminal will move.
Speaker 1: This also has some ten k's, five k's and twenty five k's.
Speaker 2: It has one of those in each. Seminal will move. I guarantee you Seminal will move their event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Seminal. First of all, semon will probably already announced their dates because they usually announced it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're pretty.
Speaker 1: Well in events, not that they announced the full schedules, but the dates are usually out for the next year. But Seminal just draws from so many people that are just in Florida that just literally drive to the casino. Yeah, all right, WPT World Championship at Win Las Vegas, no guarantee, No problem, Tim, Because the WPT ten thousand and four in at All World Championship drew two thousand, three hundred and ninety two entries. That makes for a twenty three million, four hundred and forty one thousand dollars prize pool. Remember the first year they had a fifteen million dollar guarantee, that was in twenty twenty two, and for twenty twenty three they upped it to what at the time was a record for the largest guarantee in live tournament poker, forty million dollars. They fell about two million dollars short. This year they ran it back, but no guarantee on this event, but they still drew well. Listen, I said coming into it that this would be a test to the loyalty that the WPT has or claims that it has with its player base, and I would think that this is a success in terms of like tapping into that loyalty because almost twenty four hundred entries came out for a ten K with no guarantee, which is wild. Now, it's obviously a big drop off in feel size from last year, but last year did have a forty million dollar guarantee. Yes, but twenty four hundred entries. I mean, that's really, really, really effing good. Let me say that my concern would be that without a guarantee, you just continue to see a decline year after year, right, Like it goes down to twenty four hundred this year, next year it's two thousand. Year after that it's seventeen hundred, you know, like that's how it trends over the years. That would be my concern. That said, the positive side of this is that I think a lot of people saw, like, holy crap, they got you know, almost twenty four hundred entries, more than twenty three million dollars in the prize pool, Like this is still the event like in December. So I think there's that side of things. So I have no idea which way it's gonna go for next year, but you know, that's kind of my initial opening take there. Scott Stewart, winner of It All, Your Boy, Stu as he goes, but I wanted for two million, five hundred and sixty three thousand dollars. After a deal, he made a deal three handed. It was Scott Stewart, it was Rob Sherwood, and it was Edward Pack. The original payouts were three million, one hundred and thirty eight nine hundred dollars for first place, which is an absolutely acid nine first place prize. I'm sorry, why the hell is it not even? They made every place even and then just slapped all the extra money on the top spot. Come on, Matt Savage, come on, this is ridiculous, Like just make it three point one or three or three point two or whatever, three point one five?
Speaker 3: Not this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why does every other spot clean? And this one is a disaster? Anyway, you guys know that's my gripe. That's always my gripe with these things.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: After the deal, Scott Stewart goes on to win two million, five hundred and sixty three thousand dollars for him, Rob Sherwood got two point two million, and the Edward Park got two million. The original payouts were first place three point one three eight, second place two million and seventy five thousand, third place one point five five million, so really really good scores for all three of these players. The final table was once again a super fun one. Last year was a lot of fun. You had a lot of really cool hands, a lot of really big names, some really high level poker. This year maybe not the star power that you got last year, other than Chris Mormon returning, which we'll hit on in a second. But in the first like what two or three orbits, there was I think three eliminations. It was like boom, boom boom, like here we go. Then there was like an extended period of time without much happening in terms of eliminations, but there were still some big pots. Then we get to heads up play. It looks like Scott Stewart's gonna close things out really quickly against Sherwood, but Sherwood spikes an ace with ah Jack against Queen's storms all the way back. Then it's Stuart that's short and then he comes all the way back and it's just this whole thing. The whole time, Stuart's drinking, having an FN blast. He's got this Bud Wiser hat that just I think said Bud King of Beers on it that looked nineteen seventy four and was he wore every single day since then. Just absolutely dirty as all hell. It was great. He was chugging beers, he was having fun with his rail. His rail was out of control, which is great. He's one of the most fun players to play with. He's just loves life, loves playing poker like he's entertaining at the table. He plays super fast, like you know, it's just great, and I think a lot of that was on display at this final table. He's also really good at poker as well, which is, you know, of course, a great thing. His rail was out of control, rambunctious, drinking all night, having a blast. They were chanting Stu sa Usa, but you know they put.
Speaker 3: Stu's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I watched a bit of the final table, had to cut it off early because it was going way too damn late, and then watch the watch what I missed this morning. What are your thoughts on the event, mister Stewart, I don't know, give me whatever, I mean twenty come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. Let's talk about the guarantee. I think they know kind of what this is going to be. No guarantee, sure, that's what I'm meant to say, yes, the lack of guarantee twenty three million in the prize pool. That seems to be about where this event will be going forward if everything remains, you know, in a standing. I don't think they need to put a guarantee next year. They'll just know that then hey, we're probably going to get around twenty to twenty five million in the prize pool pending other things, and I think that's fine. I don't think anyone. I didn't see too many people griping about the no guarantee. Obviously, they added the five million dollar Club Invitational free roll, so that did help soothe some people's complaints.
Speaker 3: But no, it was a great event.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of Yeah, I watched a lot of this and I didn't watch that much of the final table, but it was good to just watch some quality poker for the last week.
Speaker 1: It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with this event next year. You know. This year, I think a couple things were working very much in their favor that helped push them to a really, really good number of twenty four hundred entries. One is drawing off of last year and really the last two years of this event, where this event has become essentially it can't miss event. Right. The win is an incredible place to play poker. They do things great, the property is freaking awesome, right. It's my favorite place to play. I love it there. The staff does things right, the fields are generally good, all that sort of stuff. You combine that with the World Poker Tour, which is known for like having this awesome brand, doing things right, really like dressing things up nicely, all that sort of stuff. Right, So you build up this event, and even though you missed the guarantee last year by a couple million, and even though you didn't have a guarantee this year, I think there was still that hangover from last year in a good way, right, So I think people were still very much looking forward to to this year. Now. Will that hangover carry over into the next year, That's just my question. I don't know. I would like to think yes, because, like I said earlier, I think there was enough loyalty that was shown by having nearly twenty four hundred entries without a forty million dollar guarantee or any sort of crazy guarantee on it that I think there is enough there that it's going to do all right. The second thing that I think helped play it in the to their success last year that I don't know that they're going to have next year or how they'll have it next year or whatnot, is they had you referenced it already, the five million dollar Club WPT gold free role that then awarded one hundred seats into this event. So you had that which people now, I know it's only one hundred out of twenty four hundred, but a lot of people in that free roles as WPT itself, you know, or Club WPT I should say, put out there on social media, like had never played a buy in above five hundred dollars. So a lot of those people you knew could be winning into this event had like never played big poker turn that certainly never entered a ten k before. So if you're on the outside looking in, you're like, oh, there's gonna be a decent amount of value there with those people getting in. You probably also have to consider that there were some people that won money in that event that might have then parlayed it into the ten k, or maybe they parlayed it into playing one of those eleven hundred dollars satellites that were given out of a lot of seats, and they want a seat and they got in that way. So what I'm getting at is, are they going to do something similar in terms of the five million dollar guarantee, sorry, the five million dollar free roll next year that then drives people into this event. I don't know. That's that's still yet to be seen, so, you know, but that that did seem like it was like this initial marketing effort for Club WPT gold. And because in a year's time, you're not going to need that initial thing, so do you have that again? And if you don't have that again, like, does it just cause numbers to kind of take a little bit of a dip. Now I'm not saying that this is going to go from twenty four hundred down to one thousand. I don't think that that's ever gonna happen. But you know, like I said, it could go twenty four hundred to twenty one hundred and then it just goes to eighteen hundred. Then you know, it just like a small trickle in the wrong direction, and you just don't want to see that over time. You want to just see it at least in the worst thing just kind of plateau. You know, maybe it goes up a little bit each year, down a little bit, but it's just generally around this number forever, like that's ultimately what you want to see. So that's just kind of like right now where I sit, like my questions for next year already. I didn't play it. I sat on the sidelines. You did play it because one of those one hundred that pulled a seat. There you go, buddy. I didn't play it because I was I didn't know if the value would be there.
Speaker 3: I'm not I was in the field. Of course the value was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're one of twenty four hundred. I mean, listen, most people I talked to, I felt like their tables were fairly difficult for the most part. Like, you know, so I don't know. So I'm not like, I'm not bummed out at all that I missed it or it didn't play right. I did play a satellite for it. I thought that I played the eleven hund dollar satellite was seventy five seats guaranteed that I think gave away like one hundred and twenty five or a hundred and thirty seats guaranteed. That thing was an absolute shit show. It was just so many people in that tournament. It was a little wild. So I don't know, I don't I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe you also get in now, I guess going the other way to someone, my concerns that I just laid out would be like, do you get people that maybe said, mmm, I did the Bahama thing. I don't know, or maybe Bahamas doesn't run it back with the value that maybe they had this year. Maybe they don't do a fifty million dollar guarantee, maybe they don't pump all these people into it. I don't know. But then maybe some of those people just say, you know what, I'm going to stay in Las Vegas, and that may maybe that makes the numbers uptick, you know.
Speaker 2: So there's just like almost to go the other way where people that have done win a couple of times now they're like, you know what, I'm going to go to Bahamas next yea, So it can go both ways.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're ever going to get those people. And the reason why I say that is because win is so much better than the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Yeah, but happen if you have a family, you want to go to the beach for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: No, the win is always gonna win.
Speaker 3: It should, yes, but we don't have some of these people think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think the I think like WSP Paradise is gonna win for the people that want to play, like fifty k's, one hundred k's, you know, two hundred and fifty k's like all that sort of crazy high stuff like the Triton crowd essentially, right, But then I think for for most other people, like it's just gonna be the win, and it's always going to be the win, and it's gonna be this WPT World Championship. So so yeah, I mean there's just a lot to be I guess worked out or seen from what happens from this series going forward. But anyway, Scott Stewart winning it all his first seven figure score. Back in twenty seventeen, he came thirteenth in the WSP main event for five hundred and thirty five thousand dollars. He has six WSP circuit rings, but this is of course his largest and career defining victory. Really great for Scott's great guy, you know, he's certainly one of the good guys in poker. Somebody that that is definitely like if he's playing on a stream or if he's playing on a table, like he's gonna he's gonna make it fun. He's not gonna slow the game down like he's he's gonna go for it at spots. He pulled this bluff at this final table. I don't know if you saw it, when the board had a full house on it and Sherwood I think led the river and Scott raised all in with I think seven high like it was. It was jack nine nine to nine jack and Sherwood had king high and Scott just went for it with a bluff on the river and moved all in and got it done, which is, you know, takes a lot to go for it in that moment. Of course, of course, Scott had some big hands as well. He had aces a couple of times at the final table. He had aces against Christian Roberts's Ace Queen to take him out in sixth place. He had aces against Edward Park in a crazy hand where you know, Park maybe shouldn't have been in their pre flop, but he was. Nonetheless, and uh, Scott Scott Stewart won a big pot there, so great performance by Scott Stewart, great winner for him, two point five million dollars. Robert Sher again second place, two point two million. Edward Park third place, two million dollars. Chris Mormon said we were going to hit on him, so let's hit on him. Last year Chris Mormon fourth place for what was it? Last year? It was like two million and something thousand and two eight thousand, something like that. This year fourth place again Chris Mormon one point one five million dollars. This year for Mormon, Ryan you got fifth for eight hundred and seventy five K. I mentioned Christian Roberts being taken out by Stewart. He bounced in sixth place for six hundred and sixty five thousand dollars. Some other notable finishes. You had Brian Yun finishing in eleventh place for two hundred and fifty five K. You had aj Kelsall had no idea he knew how to play. No liamit hold him, but here he is aj Kelsall of course out of mixed game fame. Two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars for him. Mikita bad Ziyakowski nineteenth for one hundred and seventy six K. He was in the Bahamas and then he came here to Vega. Playing this event. Took nineteenth for one hundred and seventy six Thousan Paul Volpi twenty eighth for one hundred and twenty one thousand, Michael Rosito thirty ninth for one hundred and one thousand, Isaac Baron fiftieth and Neil Farrell fifty fifth. Both of them took home seventy one K. Naddia Magnus sixty third for fifty nine thousand dollars. Eric Nobody loves it more Baldwin seventy first for fifty K, Ryan Tassik seventy fifth for fifty K. Martin Jacobson, former WSP Made Event champion, He got eighty fifth for forty two K. Joey Ingram did not know he played the two card variant, but here he is ninety first place for forty two K. David ODB Baker one hundred and fourth for thirty five thousand, five hundred dollars. You put it on the rundown. I was just gonna ask where did you finish, sir? You played in this.
Speaker 3: Event three hundred and ninetieth place.
Speaker 1: You're the only person in the universe who looks at the place they busted out.
Speaker 2: And I got to put it in my app. You don't have a tracking app. You you have to have the app way you busted. So I looked at the clock.
Speaker 1: I don't have a tracking up. I used a Google sheet.
Speaker 2: It was the clock said three ninety two, and then I walked away, and then I said three eighty eight.
Speaker 3: So I just middled it three nine. Ye done, got it. Probably it's probably even better than it's probably really like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean good, good run by you. It was fun either your best shot.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I had someone.
Speaker 1: Since went two thousand and seven. When the last time you played a ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, two thousand and seven. I did.
Speaker 2: Someone did message me and say that said that I think it's not up for debate but anymore. But I am the best no limit holding player on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, says the guy who was texting me hand questions the entire fucking tournament that he was playing.
Speaker 3: Hey, results speak, That's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well cash there in the main, I was an absolute idiot.
Speaker 3: Look, we took a risk we took, had to bust the guy in the work.
Speaker 1: I got it all right, Well, what are your overall thoughts on this event, if you have any more of them?
Speaker 3: I think I played sensational.
Speaker 2: It was unfortunate enough to cash in all seriousness at the main event. I would say a lot of people wouldn't have expected them to get the twenty four hundred players they got the two three nine two.
Speaker 1: I did not. I am pleasantly surprised. I talked to some people at the WPT. I think they're all very, very very happy with the number, as they should be and win two.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, they made some incredible They made a very underrated decision that maybe not a lot of people know about. That they kind of forced all those the big satellite winners. Was the seventy five C guarantee you had to play one A. So that's always going to help with the final number. One A is always the smallest, but you know, you get the satellite players in there, maybe they have to re enter. You get some of the pros playing that day to try and take advantage of the satellite players. So I think that was a great decision by the win.
Speaker 1: Well, let me say that because of that you had you had one A had seven hundred and fifty one entries and one B at six eighty one, which you like never see a divis though you always see it go up by the days. But that could also be the fact that they started it on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this football Sunday Sunday, and.
Speaker 1: That My biggest gripe from this series is they need to start the two marquee events on better days Prime and this.
Speaker 2: I agree with them, but I mean, they still got great numbers for both, but yeah, it could they could do what maybe they do five percent better, but five percent in both events is huge.
Speaker 1: So my my biggest gripe with this series as a whole. But it also I think it happened maybe in this WT World Championship, I can't remember. It definitely happened in Prime for sure, is that the win now uses pokes. Poker Atlas should have a better way for them to do alternates. Like when you go to a restaurant and you put your name on the wait list and they say can we have your phone number and then they text you when your table is ready. That should be how this works. They text you when your alternate number is ready, or they text you and they say we're now accepting alternates four fifty through five to fifty. So if you know that your ticket falls within that window, you go like none of this, like standing outside in the hallway with lines and whatever. And this is the same thing that I said about the NAPT Las Vegas event. These places now need to start putting tournament clocks and information screens in the hallways because they have them all throughout the tournament rooms. Yes, and that's great, but when you have so many people and such long alternates and breaks and multiple events and all this sort of stuff, just put them in the hallways. People can see them and look at them and say, oh, okay, my tournament's on bre for another three minutes, you know, all that sort of stuff. So I think that that's like something that I want to see mostly across the board and poker. But it did come come up at the WPT World Championship.
Speaker 2: I would probably say that this is probably the biggest event poker out list is done regarding alternates. Probably pretty confident to say that. So it's probably something they haven't thought of, and it's a good point. You should probably bring it up with poker out lists. Like I've brought up some things before, if everyone's going to start adopting poker out lest as they preferred, you know, tournament management system, Yeah, there's definitely some tweaks that can be made to kind of better the whole product.
Speaker 1: And then I think I know your answer to this question, but would you deem this event a success despite the fact that they didn't have the big guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: With the pending question, as you know, was it a success only because of the free roll? I'm not sure if that is. You know, obviously the free roll put in one hundred players. Maybe when it's all said and done, two hundred players played due to the free roll in some in some way. But it does show that, like we keep touching on WPT brand, it's strong, win Poker brand is strong, Vegas is strong, and if you don't have the free roll on XCA, I would still probably bet that, Hey, we're probably gonna get close to twenty two, twenty three, twenty four hundred players again, so yeah, definitely definitely success even without the guarantee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with you. I will say that, Listen, I played a lot during the series. I was there at the win probably every other day, you know, if not more than that. I'm happy that eventually the buzz turned to the WPT World Championship, because I felt early on, for like the first week, week and a half or so of this series, that the buzz was only about the free roll yeah, because there was no buzz about the World Tchampionship, whereas last year and the year before, I felt the buzz was about the World Championship and like really only the World Championship the first year, of course, because it was this fifteen million dollar guarantee, like, oh my god, this is going to be massive, blah blah blah whatever. Next year it's like, holy shit, forty million dollar guarantee, Like this is insane whatever like that, that was all the buzz this year. Like the only thing I think that mattered was people were like, how do I get a free roll ticket? How do I get a golden passport? Like how do I get that? Up until like that eleven hundred dollars seventy five set guarantee satellite that I played in, which was like a day or two before the start of the ten K, Like it was all about the free roll that's at like that's all that it was about. And I was in my head, I'm like that kind of seems like it's taking away what the point of this is, Like it's the point of it is the World Championship, like in my in my opinion right like and not that the there's not obviously a lot of importance to the free roll because that is a marketing for Club VPT Gold. Yes, but like I felt like there was no real talk about like the ten k itself, whereas in years past it was like how do I get into the ten k? How do I get into the ten k? How like how do I get in there? Like what do I gotta do? I gotta sell action, maybe I hit a score, maybe I play one of these satellites, all that sort of stuff, whereas this year was only about the free roll really, like that's all people. People wanted a free roll ticket so so so bad, you know, So I just thought that that was interesting. So then I guess again, like kind of you know, to what we've been talking about, how does that buzz look next year if they don't have the free roll, I would say that the buzz is probably going to be about prime I heard that there's a chance they take the prime guarantee up to ten million, which is interesting. I personally think they should have taken it up to ten million this year or the year before, but hey, whatever, that would be wild. But then if that does happen, and if you don't have a guarantee on the main event, are you just kind of putting all the shine on the Prime? Which is fine? I mean, this Prime is a freaking incredible term. I mean, it's just it's one of the best tournaments of the year, like by far, top top two or three.
Speaker 2: We always talk about it. You just need to get people in the building. When you get them here for Prime, you get them here for the free roll, you know there's a chance they'll play the main event. So I understand they were hyping more the free roll first than the Prime and going from there. I don't even think that's the biggest question for next year. What's the biggest question for next year? Will the WBT World Championship even be at the win? What number three year contract?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's already locked in.
Speaker 3: Okay, why didn't they announce it?
Speaker 1: I mean, I honestly I thought the same thing. But for the people that I talked to, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's the first that's the big question, you know, like will it be at the win? Will it go up to a different time, like it could be at the win in the summer.
Speaker 1: There's probably twelve people in the world that know that they announced a three year partnership. You and I are two twelve, Okay, like no one pays attention to Actually, yeah, so it's whatever.
Speaker 2: But I and the thousands of listeners we have come.
Speaker 1: On doing the rundown for this podcast. I did think about that. Yeah, I was like, did they announce it for next year? But you know, I mean, but this has been so like it's been so good, good between these two.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, right we talk about we talk about paradise stepping on you know, wt's toes like taking that time slot. Now, if I'm assuming the three year contract was for like an event held in December at the Win, let's say they redo it. Let's say they resigned the contract, they extend it. Maybe they think, hey, why don't we move our event. Gg's doing what they want to do. Maybe we want to take January.
Speaker 3: You not, I'll play.
Speaker 1: The problem with that. The problem with that is the WPT has now shifted their seasons to yearly season. That's the problem here. WSP Paradise, WSP in general doesn't have seasons. Yeah, it doesn't matter. They can have their event in January, February, March, April, like it does. December does doesn't matter. It does not matter for the DOUVASP. For WPT, it matters a bit more because they've now shifted to.
Speaker 3: Uh having this.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, like, you know, if it's a new contract, or you know the contract is getting amended, you could see date changes.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're going to stick to the same days.
Speaker 3: I would guess that. I would bet that too.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying now, it's like, until we hear confirmation of what's happening for next season, you got to consider all the options. Could be at the win different time, could be at a different location, you know, we never know. I'm not sure where that location BA.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying different locations.
Speaker 2: Stop Texas Champions Club, It's not happening.
Speaker 1: Other event winners from the WPT World Championship, you had Sergio Barrios winning the eight hundred dollars one million dollar guaranteed. I guess opening event for three hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. This event had a one million dollar guarantee. It came in at over two million dollars in the prize pool three thousand and six entries. Zachary Van Curen won the WPT Prime Championship nine thousand, six hundred and seventy entries, down a little bit from last year when they had over ten thousand. Van Kurin won one point one six two million dollars. I believe he's known as Lucid poker on social media. He's absolutely jacked him. I mean, if you you're trying to I mean yeah, if you're trying to be like Zach, I mean you got a long way to go, man. This guy would squash you your head like a peanut. Bradley Miller wins the three thousand dollars PLO four one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars, one hundred and seventy five inches there. Joe McKeon, we all know that name. Three thousand dollars. Nolan hold him sixx two hundred and eleven entries he wanted for one hundred and twenty one one thousand dollars. All right, now the free roll. Chase Bricker won it all the Club WPT goal five million dollar Invitational free roll for one million dollars. Great name, by the way, Bricker, it's a great name. Now this is the interesting part, and we're gonna let's spend a little time on this event. So on four hundred and seventy five entries, why is that interesting? Because there was give or take two thousand golden passports, So more than five hundred people didn't show up. Very interesting. Now, you and I have done giveaways before. It's sometimes hard, probably to the surprise of many people out there, to give stuff away. People turn it down, they don't respond, they don't check emails like whatever it may be. It's often difficult. So more than five hundred people, by my math, did not show well to play what the heck man?
Speaker 2: Well, some of them were in paradise. That that hurts.
Speaker 1: Wait were they really? Were they really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because they awarded a bunch of passports in Seminal and a lot of the majority of the Seminal players were also using Seminal as a pre spot for the Bahamas. So David Coleman was one of them. Obviously wasn't in town for the free roll eventually came back, so they probably last, Yeah, because they were giving them to like people that like the top three in certain events.
Speaker 1: At sem he won a free roll seat and was stayed in the Bahamas instead.
Speaker 3: Now he went from Seminel to Bahamas.
Speaker 1: They ended up what I'm saying, did he do that having a seat into the free roll? Yeah, I mean, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We look.
Speaker 2: The thing about free rolls is that you can say the seat's worth twenty five hundred dollars, but it's not. It's not realized equity, just perceived equity. So twenty five hundred dollars that David, when he has the same kind of potential more equity in the Bahamas with the what was going to be but maybe a big overlay in the twenty five k, that's.
Speaker 3: How he goes think. I'm just saying, I think like that's how they think. Yeah, And then.
Speaker 2: Obviously you lost a lot of seats just people were, you know, ineligible to play. So the fact that they didn't feel the missing seats on the day by just giving him to anyone was kind of a shame. I feel like they should have tried to get two thousand players in there. I know that's obviously reducing my ev a little bit because I was in, but I think that would have been the best thing to at least attempt to do, is trying to get that to two thousand players.
Speaker 3: No, you don't like that.
Speaker 1: So you and I talked about earlier how we thought it was kind of silly that, you know, the dovasit extended registration, they changed the dealer's choice thing. What I thought was silly as it relates to the club WPT Gold free role was putting people like Tony Donsk, Vince Van Patten, phil Ivy into this free role. I mean, that's not if it was. My new working take is that the free roll should have been open to anyone who has never cashed in a WPT event ever, and that can include WPT Prime Alpha eight. Whatever the heck you want to do now you can't. I was originally gonna say, like, you have never played, but I doubt you have all those records on file. You can definitely look up cashed for sure. That's what I would have done now that I think about it, But hindsight is twenty twenty, so It's obviously very easy for me to say that being results oriented, and those people, the people like you know, Nick Palmer that were out there like complaining on social media like this is what we pay Rake for, Like no, stupid, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from anyone.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean we a lot of these influences that were playing. We understood why they were in because you know, they were going to give away five ten seats as a trade off, they get one.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly fine with Ivy Tiny all the WPT talent.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with that. I'm the opposite to you. I do like your idea of I do like your idea that of the cash.
Speaker 1: Now, this hasn't come to play phil Ivey. You know what they you know, you know when you come to play phil Ivey. When when December seventeenth they had the meetup game in the Win Poker room, that's come to play with phil Ivey. This has not come to play with. This has come to play the biggest poker free role ever and try and win a million dollars. That's what this is.
Speaker 2: I would have I have more, I have less gripes about the players, more graps about the prize pool.
Speaker 1: Listen, you you cashed in the event, sir, so let let us know what are your gripes, mister Allan Casseler, what are your gripes?
Speaker 2: I I mean, there was so much money in the bounties, and I feel like they could have been better utilized in the in the payouts for those spots from you know, five hundred to to the final ten. Now, I am not opposed to what they did. I completely understand everything they did for this free roll, the whole mister bounties, the million dollar fust the one hundred extra seats.
Speaker 3: I loved it all.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if I was to have a gripe, it would be about removing some of those big bounties and making it more of a normal payout system where there's more money getting one from the players of cash.
Speaker 3: That's all. But like, I get what they're.
Speaker 2: Doing, and I you know, I'm not going to go on Twitter and voice my concerns about missing missing levels and stuff, because I had a ball as fun as soon as hell.
Speaker 1: Speaking of those bounties, I guess we should hear on the fact that they pulled the biggest troll job I have ever seen him. So when so they had I believe they had a bunch of bounties reserved for the final table.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, there was a final table. Now.
Speaker 1: And when you knock someone out, they come up there with a case, the gold case. They open it up. You take the envelop about you. You draw, right, Jason Christopher, who I believe ended up finishing run up, He finished run out for two and fifty K. But anyway he knocks someone out, he gets a bounty pull. Now, if anyone's seen these mystery Bonnie envelopes, you know these days in poker, they're in an envelope and they tend to like you pull them out where you start seeing zeros on the back half. So like if you get like three zeros in a comma, you're like, okay, I'm guaranteed a thousand or more dollars or whatever, and I have a chance to oftentimes what is like, you know, twenty five to fifty one hundred thousand dollars, Like I have a chance at that. The WPT did zero zero zero comma zero zero. Like, so now Christopher's thinking he won what was the biggest bounty one hundred thousand, right, Yeah, he's thinking he won the biggest one. Nope, the last number was a zero. I mean that is whoever thought of that as an ef ingenius? Okay, I mean, like, this is the ultimate troll job.
Speaker 2: I've already stolen the idea for something else. It might not get put into play, but I loved it. I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I think a lot out of their social.
Speaker 3: Only because it's a free roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean only because it's a free roll, that's all. If it was a real buying tournament, I'm against it. But because it's a free roll, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was more for it. It was pretty wild. But anyway, Yeah, Chase Bricker wins this this free role. How did you think the like, how did you think the play was?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How was it for you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are there a lot of people in your like your starting table or at your tables in general who like, going back to what the WPT said, where they were like, you know, the majority of people have never played a tournament five or buying or higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the very first hand the button anied because he had never played live. He picked up his cars to look at so it's a bit. There was a lot of those. But then I also had fucking Dan Jungleman Case on my table playing a flute.
Speaker 3: And when you looked at.
Speaker 2: The tables, like I walked around a little bit, there was probably one or two competent or people that I recognize on every table.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the play was kind of all over the place. It was limping.
Speaker 2: There was some craziness, kind of what you would expect with this thing. You know, you would get some good players, get a lot of people that were fresh and new. But everyone seemed to be having fun and enjoying themselves. And you know, got to listen to flute music all day.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: That would drag me absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: I had my music so loud every Okay, so for those that don't know, I had Dan Kate's sitting at my table, and he had a not a flute, I guess it was a recorder, right, a recorder, and every time he would raise a three bit or win a hand, he would start playing what he thought was a song.
Speaker 3: Now he just learned how to play. That day, he was not very.
Speaker 2: Good, and people were getting You could tell people were getting mad, like we're getting really pissed off at him, but at the end, like me personally, I thought it was funny and it was also.
Speaker 3: A free rose.
Speaker 2: I was like, whatever, it's he's having a bit of fun, people trying to enjoy themselves. But yeah, that was how my starting table was.
Speaker 1: So, fourteen hundred and fifty seven entries, what place did you come in?
Speaker 3: Ninety fifth? I think for like four k?
Speaker 1: Damn, Yeah that's pretty good. You owe me money?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did it, Yeah, exactly, it's on my list. I'm my dad. Shit, right, here's what's I just.
Speaker 1: Needed to say that that I had a piece of it, which is good.
Speaker 3: I played.
Speaker 2: I got very lucky twice, once before the money, once in the money, and then my bus at hand, I had top two pair and got and got unlucky.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what are you gonna do? Exactly? Chase Bricker won it million dollars. We mentioned that Jason Christopher second two urnd fifty K, Daniel Geba third, one hundred and twenty five K, Victor avalone seventy five K for fourth place, Patrick Askindar fifth place fifty K, Tyler Hancock sixth place for forty K. Josh Gwindon, sorry if I put you to your last name. Josh seventh place for thirty K, Eric Zang eighth place for twenty five k, and Jacob Stufflebean that a great name at this final table ninth place for twenty thousand dollars. Again, that was the Club WPT Gold five million dollars Invitational freeroll TIERSA Sanders winning the eleven hundred dollars Ladies Championship for ninety thousand dollars, topping a fuel of four hundred and eighty five entries. Matthew Savia won the three K nolanman HoldEm PKO for ninety two thousand dollars in prize money plus sixty nine thousand, five hundred dollars in bounties. This had two hundred and ninety six entries. Adam Hendricks three thousand dollars three million dollar guaranteed event. He won it for six hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars after a deal. Fifteen hundred and seventy entries in this one. This hand or sorry, this event had a bit of a downtick in numbers. I think it was over two thousand last year with a million to first, but anyway, still a really good turnout there. They obviously beat the guarantee. You so whatever. Mark Ebert twenty five thousand dollars Alpha eight he won it for six hundred and eighty four thousand dollars after a deal. One hundred eleven entries in this one. Ren Lynn, fresh off the plane from the Bahamas, wins the three K Dolman hold them six max for one hundred and eighty k. This guy's just on absolute fire this year. And then Jim Callapy I just saw before we press the record button that he won the ten K PLO for two hundred and ten thousand dollars. All right, here's the big question. Who won December? Was it WSP or was it WPT WPT Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why, I feel if you take a whole look at both events, I think there was a bit more negativity coming out of WSP. I just think the success of the WPT event minus the guarantee, you know, plus they did this new five million dollar free row. I think they won. I think they won last December two, so I think they'll win.
Speaker 1: I definitely think they won last December.
Speaker 2: And you can tell the way you can tell they won with they winning is WSP are copying them, right, WPT do the biggest, They do the twenty five, then they do the forty. They build it as the biggest main event. What does WSP come and do they decide, Okay, we're going to do the biggest main event and they do a fifty million, but it's a twenty five k by So what's going to happen next? We're going to see a WSP free roll in the summer for six million dollars. I hope so, because it seems like the only whack and win money is in free roles. But so I would say, yeah, I think WPT one, Yeah, how about you?
Speaker 1: So I have I have two answers to this question. One is a cop out. The cop out is that poker won and poker continues to win because I think that I think that both events had their own share of success and ultimately didn't cannibalize each other to the point that the plain community suffered. Which now, I there's no doubt in my mind that they cannibalize each other to some extent, but I don't think they did it to a big detriment that you know, it's like this event really hurt that event, and it really hurt the players and all this sort of stuff. Right, Like, I think ultimately both were successful, which means it's good for poker. It's good to have options, competition is good, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: My second answer is WPT one. I mean, I just and what I what I mean by that is I just I feel like the sentiment leaving WPT is just a more positive one versus the sentiment of what I see, you know, hearing from people in the Bahamas, where people are like, it's time to get out of the Bahamas, Like it's like, you know, that sort of thing, whereas like WPT, it's almost like people are bummed that it's done in a way, Whereas and this could just be a factor of the fact that it's the location, Like it's hard to travel to a place and be away from home and all that sort of stuff. And and even if you are traveling to win Las Vegas, like you might, you're likely from the US and you're still within your country versus like you're going to the Bahamas, which is an island. You got to deal with the Bohemian culture, which is, you know, they can serve your food really slow, and stuff is really expensive and all all that sort of stuff. You're you know, you're really cramped in a hotel room, whereas if you're in the States, you're a little bit more comfortable to like venture out and all this sort of stuff. It could just be like a factor of that. But that's kind of why I say, you know, WPT one and this is it's probably just a factor of how the WPT has always positioned its brand, how it's approached players. It's always really tried to be player first and loyalty and respect and you know, hey, this is what we're going to do for you. We are always going to be player, player, player and do the best that we can and we appreciate you guys. Blah blah blah. You know, and I'm just not sure you get that same stuff out of the World Series of Poker. You know. That said, the World Series of Poker is probably always going to be where the value is money wise on a bigger picture scale, just because that's the biggest brand. That's what everyone knows. Everyone's going to come out like in the summer and just play all the events because it's just money, money, money, money, money, right. But in December, I think WPT is winning right now. You know, I would probably have said that it was WCP if the numbers were quite a bit lower for the WPT World Championship, But they drew almost twenty four hundred, no guarantee. It's kind of like, Wow, we did it. Now, I might totally change my tune next year because, like I said, it could decline, Like you could still get the bump from last year that carries over to this year. You have that five million dollar free roll playing into everything. You know, if you don't have that carryover, if you don't have that free roll buzz like all that sort of stuff, do you dip a bit further down. I don't know, right So that's just kind of left to be seen. But I think I would agree with you that I think the WBT is is winning this quote unquote wars that's happening beween these two big brands. But at the end of the day, like I said, I think it's generally a really good time to be a poker player. Like you have options, There are a lot of options. I think the w s AP stuff that happens in Paradise is that's the option for the higher buying player, like the Triton guys, the super high Rollers, all that sort of stuff. That's where they go. They do their thing down there for the more recreational amateur shot taker pros that aren't of the super elite level, like you have the WPT stuff at the win right. So and it's also like, now you know there's more stuff happening in Vegas around the WPT. I think you're seeing I think you're seeing that much sooner than you saw in the summer. Like for in the summer, for so long it was like we don't want to step on the w SIPs toes, we can't compete with them whatever, and then finally all these other venues realize like no, we can do our own thing. Now during the summer, you have all these venues in Vegas doing their own series, right, And I think that because you saw that it really wasn't a bad thing and you could have stuff going up against the World Series of Poker in the summer. People in December have been ready to go, like you saw like this Aria Poker Open with the bed MGM Poker Championship, like they had a big series, and I think that's going to continue, and you have stuff going on at the Orleans and you have stuff at Venetian, Like you just have stuff going on around town, and no one's really scared just because the WBT World Championship is the biggest game in town during this month, Like, no one's scared about that. So I just think that it's all pretty interesting and uh good overall, like really good overall for poker. So do you think either of these series will make big changes for next year? I know you mentioned January, but like, is that gonna actually happen? You actually think that would happen.
Speaker 2: I guess it's it's all gonna happen in a past, right. I'm assuming WPT will to announce their dates and then WSP are going to announce their dates, and they're going to basically play this kind of cat and mouse game to see what happens. You know, I don't know if there'll be much difference. I don't think WPT needs to move. I don't think they need to do a guarantee on their main event either, So I think the most changes may happen from a WSP perspective. And you know, are they going to keep a twenty five k main event? Are they going to keep the fifty million guarantee. You know, are they going to make it more affordable, because if we like, as we've kind of touched on, the series is very expensive. You know, while the Win series targets a very different playerpool, you know, the you and me player pool. Is WSP going to make any changes to try and a track some of those players, you know, bring some of the buyings down, make it more more reachable, more attainable for like the midstate guys. I guess that's I get the thing that I would be looking out for the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that all that all makes sense. I have no idea if there's going to be any big changes, I would guess no. I mean the only big change that I think, and this is like a change in the positive direction, was I heard that they might they're likely going to go to ten million dollars for prime for the guarantee, which would be wild. And if they do that, I would guess they get I don't know twelve thousand players in the field who the hell knows, but that that tournament in and of itself is worth coming to Vegas for the win. Yeah, at that tournament is so good, so so so good, Like I would I would highly encourage anyone to play that tournament over trying to play the ten K and then you know, obviously you can win into the ten care or whatever, but like plan four or five six bullets for this Prime, because it's just so crazy bulls. I mean, it's it's it's worth it, man, It's absolutely worth it's I would say all of my table were like playingetself.
Speaker 3: That really yeah, I mean it was it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, man, it was absolutely crazy. And I heard a lot of the same from from a lot of different people that it was just really really really really really high value, you know, And I think obviously the entries I would be curious to see, I know you talked about it with the WSP super Duper main Event, you know, wanting to see the uniques. I would be curious to see the number of unique players that played both Prime and the ten KWPT World Championship, Like, what's what's that carry over there? You know, how big is that number? Because I think that that's that's interesting.
Speaker 3: And then sixty of the main event.
Speaker 1: And then also like I would again, I would like to see you know, better starting days for the Prime, specifically that the ten K is like, you might not need the best starting days just because it's a ten K and you know, just people just do whatever for that event. Anyway, now it really does all depend on this Amazon conference that happens every single year, Yeah, which I think is on the books for December one through fifth next year. So knowing that, it would then be hard to cram in Prime and the World Championship with starting days that are like, you know, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, et cetera, just because obviously the need run into Christmas. So it's just tricky. But I would say the event that is the most important to get the starting days right is the Prime. That's what That's what I'm getting at here. Okay, but anyway, that'll wrap up our conversation there on DISIP Paradise and the WPT World Championship Before we get out of here, do you want to hit on EPT Prague. I know it feels like kind of an afterthought, but you know, EPT Prague is a very storied series. It is incredibly big, as evidenced by the fact that they had a record setting main event again and they I mean they crushed their number. Yeah, So the EPT PROG main event is a I think it's fifty three hundred euro buy in. They had fourteen hundred and fifty eight entries, the record. That's a record center. The previous record was last year when they had twelve eighty five, so almost two hundred entries more. With everything that's going on in poker, with half the people going to you know, WSP Paradise the other half going to the WPT World Championship, they still crushed their previous record. This EPT Progue event is just it's it's incredible to me. Portugal's Pedro Marquez won it all. Took home nine hundred and sixty three thousand euros, which is just over a million dollars. He did make a deal heads up with Paul Runkin out of Romania. They both took home nine hundred thousand euros and then they played for the extra sixty three thousand, four hundred and fifty euros. Marquez became Portugal's third EPT championship, the first the first EPT champion from Portugal in fifteen years, which is wild. He's thirty one years old. He is second on Portugal's all time money this who's number one?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's right.
Speaker 1: Tim is like scratching his head, squinting, crunching his scrunching his face. He has no idea.
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 1: This guy's supposed to be the statman over here.
Speaker 3: Give me a hint, Give me a hint. Ummm, because it's not it's wow.
Speaker 1: M I can't even give you hints. I don't even know how to give you a hints. He's a I'll say he's. I don't know if he currently is, but he was definitely once was a winimax pro.
Speaker 3: Oh Yavia correct, Who's Who's.
Speaker 1: Way up on top with like twelve million? And then Marquez has like five point seven million. Marquez told Joe Stapleton in his post win interview, he said, this is huge for me. I've been playing poker for ten years and it's an amazing feeling. I hope one day everybody in this room can have this feeling because it's great. How would probably think it was great too? Winning just over a million dollars Surprisingly not Marquez's biggest score ever, which is you know, wild to think, but he did finish fifth in the twenty twenty three PSPC the Poker Stars PSPC that twenty five k by an event he got fifth there for one point two five million dollars. He also took fourth place in EPT Barcelona in twenty eighteen for eight hundred and thirteen thousand dollars. He's got a win in a ten thousand dollars high roller event at EPT Barcelona in twenty nineteen for three hundred and sixty six k He's got, you know, a bunch of big scores? Does Pedro Marquez so an absolute crusher in the ten years that he's been playing poker. He entered heads up play against Runkin with a five to one chip deficit, but he was able to storm back. As I mentioned, they ended up chopping it evenly nine hundred thousand euros each, and then they played for that extra sixty three thousand, four and fifty euros, which Marquez. You had, Jay June Park out of South Korea taking third place for five hundred and twelve thousand euros. Barack Oz fourth place for three hundred and ninety three thousand euros, Anton Bergstrom, a former EPT winner out of Sweden, three hundred and three thousand euros. Sir hi Alansau, I probably completely butchered that name worse than I've ever butchered a name, and I'm probably gonna butcher all three of these next names horribly, so I apologize. But sixth place for him two hundred thirty three thousand euros Jeno Esquez out of the Netherlands one hundred and seventy nine thousand dollars. Tim like nods his head like if he's like, no, sound pretty good. And then Siegfried Capela out of Austria for one hundred and thirty eight thousand euros. So that is the record setting EPT problem. It seems like every single year this event just sets records and it kind of goes under the radar with the fact that you have like all eyes on the WPT, all eyes on the WSOP, but EPT progue is still over there doing its thing, absolutely cooking with what it's doing there.
Speaker 2: I know it's not possible, but it would be awesome to have the last two years data on the main events from EPT Prague, WSP Paradise, WPT main event and we could track like the patent of players, because I would bet a lot of EPT Progue people go Prague and then WSP. I'm not a lot, but I'm saying like I would like to see kind of what the overlap is for all three of these, and how the patent of travel.
Speaker 3: Is for like these players. Yeah, I mean we never get that data.
Speaker 1: Well, just just looking at the numbers, you know, seeing EPT Prague getting fourteen fifty eight in this main event. You know, I'm going to hit on who won the Eureka main event, which is an eleven hundred euro of buying as part of the series, that had four thy seven and thirty two entries there. You know, those those types of players I think are just not traveling or they're tveling very short distances within Europe to play like those two events, and that's why those two draw where I think Prague might have got hurt the most is in the high roller area. Yeah, you see like this twenty five thousand euro super high roll or that got thirty five entries. You see this fifty thousand euro super high roll or that got twenty five entries. You know, maybe those are like fifty or sixty if you aren't bouncing to go to WSP Paradise, right, or maybe they come over for WPT at World Championship at the win. But that said, I think for the players that played those there's probably a decent amount of value. I would think, you know, like a lot of the big crushers are all just going to the Bahamas or they possibly go into Las Vegas, so maybe they perceive some extra value there. Yes, it's smaller feel, but maybe they're easier to win. I don't know. So in this Eureka main event again eleven hundred euro buying four thousand, seven hundred and thirty two entries. Good Lord Martin Sveetanov won it for five hundred and seventeen thousand euros, which is five hundred and forty four thousand dollars. Espen George Dad former w SOP main event winner, won the twenty five thousand euro super high Roller warm up for two hundred and seventy seven k or two hundred ninety three thousand dollars. Patrick Jarles won the ten thousand euro high Roller, topped the field of two hundred and eighty nine entries five hundred and seventy three thousand euros there six hundred and two k in dollars, and then Thomas Santurne won the fifty thousand euro super high Roller for three hundred and eighty five thousand euros or four hundred, seven thousand dollars twenty five entries there. So again that's kind of where I think they might have lost you know, I don't know, let's say a dozen to two dozand entries in those high roller events. But you know, when you're pumping out over fourteen hundred and the main event and crushing your record from the year before, when you're pumping out, you know, almost five thousand entries in this eleven hundred euro event, Like, I mean, you're you're you're doing good things. I one of the things I draw kind of from this whole, from all three of these events, there's not really a direct comparison in paradise. I guess you could look at this mini main event, the two seven hundred and fifty dollars buy in that had two thousand and thirty one entries, But like the eleven hundred dollars, price plainting in poker is the sweet spot of poker right now. Like, I just think that that's the best price point possible. Like it's just everyone that does in that ballpark, you know, it does extremely well. I think you see it probably the most from WPT Prime what they do in all of their events, all around the world, of course, highlighted the most by the WPT Prime Championship that gets almost ten thousand runners this month out in December. But you also have this Eureka Main event has four seven hundred and thirty two entries over in Prague. All the Eureka main events seem to just blow doors. You have the one in Barcelona that was great, all that sort of stuff. Every time there's like, you know, an eleven hundred dollars or whatever event at a WSB circuit stop or at an MSPT or at the Venetian or whatever it may be, it just they always seem to crush like this is the price point that is just like it's it's big enough that you know, it allows like bigger players to step down in stakes and want to go after it. But it's also you know, not too far out of reach for like everyone to take a shot. I mean, I know, a thousand dollars is a lot of like actual dollars, I get it, But like in poker sense, it's not that bad. Like you can spring a thousand bucks, you know, you can. You can sell a little bit of action and maybe you're only spending five six hundred of your own money or whatever it may be. So I think that that's like just the best price point in poker. If I was starting in a poker series tomorrow, I would target this price point, or I would target the five thousand dollars price point, you know, if I wanted to go a little bit bigger and tap into that I've talked about before. But this one just just always seems like it does so so so well. You know, once you start getting to like five hundred or six hundred dollars, you know, it's it's not terribly different than an eleven hundred dollars, but it's just it's almost like too small, Like you just don't people don't step down, like we'll step dound to play a one K because it's just fine. And I think, like, you know, you see the what are they call it in the summer now, the million dollar bounty? What the heck is that tournament called these?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that one's just a insane like but it's like it's just this is the price point that just does so well, and you see it across all tours, you really do, so so yeah, I know I know what the WPT this December, they had all these like eleven hundred dollars turbo events happening, and they were just like you know, everyone was like fifty k, sixty k for first place, just like so great. So yeah, this is a price point that is just really the the sweet spot for all of poker. And you thought from you on Prague, have you ever been, No, never been on your bucket list? It's worth it.
Speaker 3: I guess the biggest question is are you're going to break another record next to you?
Speaker 1: Yes, they break records every freaking year in this stupid tournament. I mean it's not stupid. I'm just using that for effective, but it's like every year they crush every single year. Our good friend Yan Correz puts he's the media coordinator for Poker Stars and the EPT, so he has the EPT prog main event history fourteen fifty eight this year. Last year was twelve eighty five, The year before that was twelve sixty seven, The year before that was eleven ninety, then eleven fifty four, then eleven seventy four. You know, I mean, yeah, it's just basically up every single year. The only like real outlier is going back to twenty thirteen is twenty seventeen, they had eight hundred and fifty five entries. I have no idea what happened that year, but that was the one that dipped. Every other one is above one thousand since two and thirteen, you know, and it's all just it's just crushing every single year. So yeah, wild, absolutely wild. I mean Prague is Progue is worth it. I mean, obviously they're backed by stars, so they can you know, qualify a lot of people online. But it's also like just become one of those stops that you really, you know, I can't miss, don't want to miss. If you're in that region, you know, in Europe and you want to travel for that sort of thing, you don't want to take a little bit of a longer flight down to the Bahamas or or whatnot. Maybe it's uh, maybe it's more affordable to travel to Prague too. I'm guessing it's not as expensive as going to the Bahamas, probably not as expensive as coming.
Speaker 3: To the sea, staying at the Wyn, that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: So really really really good series there from Prague, always good stuff coming out of them. And when you when you couple it with the the holiday time in Prague, the Christmas markets it's it is awesome. I've been there several times. It really is unbeatable. So if that's your sort of thing, I would highly encourage you to attend. So, as I said at the top of the show, Tim and I will be back soon to be heavy as it relates to the Poker Go Tour, because we are going into our big finale to the series. We have the PGT Last Chance Series, and then that's going to go right into the PGT Championship, the PGT Million Dollar Championship, which is going to be a lot of fun. That's all going on in January. It starts January second. There's going to be a lot of live streaming for us in January. We have the PGT Last Chance, we have the PGT Championship, and then right after that we have the PGT Kickoff to start the new season.
Speaker 3: So a lot of.
Speaker 1: PGTPGTPGT coming your way in January. Until then, please enjoy your holidays, enjoy Christmas, all of that good stuff. Hopefully you guys, Hopefully you just open your presence and it's just a boatload of money so.
Speaker 3: You can be good.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all I care about. Everyone's like, what do you want. I'm like, I just want money because I want to then go play poker, like that's all I care about. I don't care, you know, maybe you buying me a sweater or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've already opened my presents.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at you.
Speaker 2: I did Black Friday shopping. I wanted like gym stuff, and I wanted the stuff in the gym so I could use it. So the wife basically wrapped the empty boxes. So I'm still gonna open the present, but I'm already using it, all right, cool, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's gonna do it for us. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So you are