Speaker 1: You're listen Saints KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f and it is a Foody Friday, November twenty two. Bill Handle here and the morning crowd. It's time for Foody Friday with Neil. Neil is heard tomorrow two to five, but he is broadcasting from the Smart and Final Store in Lake Forest on El Toro Road, and I'm going to join him and I'll be there for part of the time.
Speaker 2: And this is all about Pastathon. It's all about.
Speaker 1: Raising money for Catarina's Club feeding the kids. When we first started with Pastathon, what fourteen years ago, two hundred kids a night we're being fed. Now it's twenty five thousand meals a week.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is crazy, all right. So Neil, we're going to be there tomorrow and you can it's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: Tonight will be Tim Conway Junior at the Wendy's Mission Viejo at Alsia Parkway, and so I'll be there to say goodbye or say hello and goodbye. Okay, Now, Foody Friday, it's going to be well, let me do this before I jump into those topics.
Speaker 2: And that is mentioned that next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Neil always broadcasts from six to nine in lieu of this show his tips. It's all about Thanksgiving tips that Neil will help you with your cooking. Neil, what are the two three top questions that you're asked on Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 3: I do get some asked about thawing, although it's kind of late at that point, But a lot of them are the timing, basically the timing, how to break down the timing to know when the turkey is going to be done? And there's a lot of variables there, but that's what. And then sides, last minute sides is a huge one, like, hey, I have this, I have a you know, a squash or something that I bought that I wanted to do something I don't know what to do with it or whatever. Last minute those things, and then over cooking things, what about my pie? Or I ruined this or there's too much salt? What can I do to save it? Gravy? How to do gravy?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm already board. I just wanted to one quick.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 2: That's enough? Handle?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Like that's really great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so let me ask this is that is into pay that he wears things like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, just like yours. I take your used ones.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that I want to talk about, or that you suggest we talk about, and that is, uh, cow's milk can be better than plant based, which means like oat milk can when you go to what God, I love that you go into a Starbucks, I'll take a double espresso half decafa oat milk or soy milk, which I've always wondered that stuff tastes like crap. Uh, So to me, there's no issue. I make my coffee. It is cow's milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I will tell you something. As you know, I love Jesus.
Speaker 3: I have never talked about Jesus more enthusiastically than someone that's trying to sell me on oat milk. That's all I'm saying is that there's a lot of people that proselytize and there are some great plant based milks there, and we have them here.
Speaker 2: I'm being conclused. Here, hold on, hold on, now, you said you love chess. I understand that, so do I do I have that wrong?
Speaker 4: Everybody? Get on the pun train. Let's go.
Speaker 3: To chew get it wow, basingach food.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the thing there's it's it's so huge that the the uh, the supermarket now the milk section as a whole section as to you know, the plant based milk, the oat milk, the soy milk, the almond milk.
Speaker 3: Even Starbucks they used to charge you more because a lot of these these processed milks are more expensive and Starbucks was getting you know, pushed around because of that, and they finally no longer charge extra for them. Everyone talks about whole foods, not the store, but the concept. The truth is things like meat that aren't processed in you know, or cured meats or something like that, but their whole foods milk is a more simple process then you would get if you get a nut milk or something like that. So it's about the nutrition in food that really is what makes it good or bad in most people's eyes. And the fact is, yes, plant based milks are great for people that cannot drink cow's milk or have an aversion to dairy or even you know, plant based lifestyle. But really, when you go back to the basics, the reasons why we've been using cow's milk for so long is that it is packed with protein and vitamins and things that are good for you. And so basically they're finding that plant based milks are a good option for people who need a dairy alternative, but they're not always as nutritious as cow's milk. And we keep fighting this, so back and forth and back and forth. Everybody's got their agenda when it comes to food. But when choosing plant based milk, look for ones that are fortified with calcium, with vitamin D and have little or no added sugar. And that's gonna be fine. But if you're gonna, you know, use plant milk regularly, soy milk is often the best choice because as more protein and its fortified with more key nutrients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see. I'm I drink cow's milk. I don't drink any other stuff. And I can.
Speaker 1: See, you know, you squeeze a cow's teat and outcomes milk. I don't know how that works with oats, juice, squeeze the.
Speaker 2: Oats or the oat plant, and I just I can't envision it.
Speaker 4: I really can't.
Speaker 3: You can milk anything, Bill, and especially milking lines on this show that is really milking, said, I I'll tell you this for confusion sake, because we have a lot of fellow Latino listeners. Soy milk is not Mexican milk saying I'm milk, It's actually made of soy.
Speaker 1: See soy hello, Okay, story about beef tallow and seed oils the different in different fat. Now, I happen to like beef twol I think it's just more flavorful. Absolutely, And do you remember the lawsuit, by the way, a bunch of Hindu vegetarians go to McDonald's right and order French fries. They were vegetarians and the friend and it turned out McDonald's was putting in beef tallow in.
Speaker 2: The fat just to make it tasted better.
Speaker 1: Of course, they got a zillion dollars because McDonald's sort of failed to mention that there was beef tallo in the French fries. But other than the health part of it, maybe it's just as healthy.
Speaker 2: So let's spend on this.
Speaker 3: This has been going back and forth for a long time because animal fats are again closer to their less process than a lot of the other fats. So really there's been a misconception that animal products end up being bad products because there's a lot of people that have an agenda and focus on, you know, politicize food. But the reality is that over and over we keep finding that science says these things are good products. Now, you shouldn't be having a whole lot of oil in your diet to begin with, because it's fat.
Speaker 4: But looking and breaking this down, it's come.
Speaker 3: It's come to the forefront again because now you have a lot of talk, especially from Robert F. Kennedy, Junior Social Medium fluids ers, whether beef tallow is healthier than seed oils like canola or sunflower oil. So you've got people like Clinic Kennedy coming out saying that seed oils are the main cause of the obesity epidemic here and that fast food chains like McDonald switched from cooking with beef tallow to seed oil back in the nineties. Here's my take on all of this. There are benefits and there are negatives to any food item. And as any doctor will tell you or any scientists will tell you, toxicity is in the dosage. So how much you're having, the way you're using it. I tend to believe that more simple the product is, the better it is.
Speaker 4: Probably there's no.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to animal fat and by the way I my philosophy is I refuse.
Speaker 2: To eat anything unless it has a face. Anything that doesn't I just won't touch.
Speaker 4: But you know, flavor is in the face. What chefs will tell you that's worthy, seriously the cheeks.
Speaker 1: But in terms of processing, animal fat is fairly pure. My daughter, for example, is that we're not having turkey this year. Or Pamela always cooks because she's a phenomenal cook, as you know, and she's making duck this year. And I think I mentioned this yesterday, And she's gonna do roast potatoes in duck fat, and it's just you know, as opposed to roasting them in margarine or oil.
Speaker 2: There's just I mean, the flavor part of it seems amazing.
Speaker 3: I you know how you can get spray fats like yam or yeah. I actually have a duck fat in a spray form because I use it for grilling so much. Because the flavor, the flavor, you're never going to come close. It's just incredibly flavorful. So does that mean that seed oils are bad?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Do I believe that they've caused the obesity epidemic. No, I think that has more to do in the seventies and early eighties us going on these fat, low fat diets, and I think that it threw off our a lot. I have more theories on that, but I will tell you the omega six in oils like seed oils that people are concerned about, they're found naturally in beef as well. So it really is about the unsaturated fats, the saturated fats, the vitamins, the K two, the E, all these things, and the temperature. How some seed oils can change over high heat. So the verdict is out as to which of all the things that can happen with seed oils is Some people say at high heat they cause problems. Some people believe that they cause inflammation, and most there are a lot of theories out there that believe itis at the end of something is obviously inflammation. That that is one of the biggest problems with the things we eat, is it creates in uh, these inflammation issues which cause most of our problems.
Speaker 4: Most of our problems are itises.
Speaker 1: So I never realized you could get animal fat in those cans.
Speaker 2: Where do you Where do you get that in those spray cans? Where do you get Dutch spot?
Speaker 3: You get them at your better your better barbecue shops. You can probably find them in most grocery stores now, but you can get duck fat in there, uh, and you can get other things, but things like lard and beef tallow.
Speaker 4: They've been used for a long.
Speaker 3: Time and very very tastelts in a lot of different cultures. And some of these seed oils are hyper processed. So the truth of the matter is going back to the originals and simplicity of them seems to be the better choice. But a lot of people still have, you know, the ick factor of them being animal products, and so we continue. You remember Margarine, how that was supposed to be Oh yeah, yeah, and now we know that margarine is horrible for you, and then butter is better for you.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's wrap this up, because first of all, I want to remind everybody that tomorrow The Fork Report two to five o'clock will be broadcasting live at Smart and Final in Lake Forest on Altoro Road. I'm going to stop by and I'll be there for part of the time and it's all to kickoff pastathon. So you come into the store and donate. As a matter of fact, we're asking you to donate over the next couple of weeks until December third, when we do our broadcast at the Anaheim White House. Go to KFI AM six forty dot com slash pastathon, something that I've been playing with for a whole bunch of time that I wanted to try.
Speaker 2: We're doing.
Speaker 1: So here is what this segment is in the next two segments, and that is ask handle anything.
Speaker 2: And so here's what we did earlier this week and last week.
Speaker 1: I gave these instructions, and that is you call in and it was on the iHeart app and it was during the show and anyway recording questions for me to answer. It's ask handle anything, and yet fifteen seconds to record. And as I said, I will answer anything other than violation of SCC rules or something you'll get me in trouble, which I can't do. And I have not heard these questions. This is brand new you and I are hearing them for the first time.
Speaker 2: And let's see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Neil and and chose these questions and let's try it. Cono, you have them, Okay, Neil will pick the ones and throw to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I say, we go ahead and start with number one, right, who is Lindsey.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: Uh no, this is someone in my life and I don't want to get too much into it at this point, but I will Thanks for asking who.
Speaker 2: By the way, how old is this kid? Twelve? Who the hell was this? I don't even think it's legal for him to ask that question.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on. I think it was what that's it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that's all I want to say on that one. Yeah, I'll expand.
Speaker 2: I'll expand. I told you it's to ask handle anything, and I will. I forgot. I will answer everything to the point that I want to. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Ask Bill nothing, okay, next one. Okay, oh great, Let's go to numbers.
Speaker 2: This is working really well.
Speaker 4: Let's go to number seven. I just changed.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, hey, Bill, you've been very quiet about Marjorie, your wife.
Speaker 4: Are you separate or are you? I think you have not stopped this.
Speaker 1: Your house, my house, my god, stop it.
Speaker 4: You should talk about a lot.
Speaker 1: She shut up, cut him off. Okay, I know this is a recording, Neil, you keep on doing this to me. This is not going to be pleasant. Okay, I will explain. Okay, I will explain. Uh, and yes, Marjorie and I are still.
Speaker 2: Very very close. But there is a new there's a new chapter in my life. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, boring book. So far, Okay, so far this is not working out.
Speaker 2: Well. I should have had a discussion with you, Neil prior to this.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do number three and see if you can make me even more miserable.
Speaker 4: Number three.
Speaker 5: Please, Good morning, Handling team. Quick question for you handled? Who paid for your trips to Israel? Could you just close that? Yes, I think you're multiple times.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been there multiple times. Yes, need was.
Speaker 5: Was tagged a loan for one or two of them.
Speaker 2: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: Did you please enlighten us?
Speaker 2: I will enlighten you.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Israel with you, it doesn't matter. No, you've been to a couple of places, but not Israel. Yes, because yes, that's true, you have That's right. The answer to your question who paid for my trip to Israel?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: And always true. Did you ever go with listeners?
Speaker 2: I did, but I don't even remember if they paid for me to go with Oh I think they did.
Speaker 1: I think at one point we had a travel agency, and if you brought enough listeners, it was like a you know, the thirteenth bagel if you sell, if you buy twelve of them, you get a free bagel.
Speaker 2: And this is the same thing.
Speaker 1: If you bring thirty people or one hundred people, you get a free trip.
Speaker 2: But it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, So the answer is a couple of them were paid for by the agency. Where if one hundred people comes more and you work. Let me tell you something. Here's a little inside baseball. You know, I don't do these anymore. You know why because when we bring fifty people along, they actually want to talk, and they're a pain in the ass and you don't have any time for yourself, and you're answering the same stupid question and you have to be nice, and you can't tell people buzz off.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on to the next one. Let's go to number nine.
Speaker 6: All right, Hello, Bill, this is Tom from cam Rio. You know a lot about aviations. So have you ever been at the controls of an airplane as a student instructor or student of an instructor or anything?
Speaker 2: I have asked you. Okay, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got the question to cut them off, cut them off, cut them off. Okay, I have no patience. This is the way I do handle on the lot. Stop it, I got it. Yes, I'm a fan of aviation. I am not a pilot.
Speaker 2: I did take flying.
Speaker 1: Lessons, and the only reason I actually did because I let pilots do that's their job, you know. I just want to sit back on the airplane and reader or watch whatever is. I took lessons out of van Ey's airport, and all I wanted to do was literally say to the control tower when the control tower said you're cleared to take off.
Speaker 2: Roger will co over and out.
Speaker 1: I said that, and the controller literally said to me, we don't say that anymore.
Speaker 2: We don't say Roger will co over.
Speaker 3: And you know what Roger will co means, no, received will comply.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know that, Okay, will.
Speaker 7: Co all right?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yes, I did take lessons. I soloed and I stopped after that. Okay, now next.
Speaker 4: One, let's go to number five.
Speaker 2: Please from Missouri.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I'm curious to know. I know your girls were hatched by in vitro. Correct were they your bio on either side or were they completely someone else's eggs, and they're technically adopted, like, were they your wife's eggs, someone else's sperm.
Speaker 2: Someone else's eggs? Yeah, no, I understand.
Speaker 4: Someone else's sperm.
Speaker 2: I got it. Geez. I don't have patience with these people.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: The answer is, as much as I would love that they were not biologically attached to me, I would do anything to have them not biologically attacked attached.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is my children, It is my wife's children. It is my.
Speaker 1: Sperm because I remember vividly when that particular process took place. And believe me, because I have done that tens of thousands of times in my life, if not more, that particular instance, I can remember. Yes, they are my biological children.
Speaker 4: Does dixie cup makes nimble? Yes?
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, my kids asked, you know, Dad, where did I come from? And if you ever come to my house, you'll see in a loose sight little case a dixie cup and I'll say that's where you came from and point to that. Okay, next question.
Speaker 4: Right, let's uh, let's go to number six.
Speaker 2: Who has bigger feet?
Speaker 4: You or Neil?
Speaker 2: I think Neil has bigger feet.
Speaker 1: I have a bigger schwantz I don't know if that was the question you were asking.
Speaker 4: But what is your shoe size?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half? Nine inches?
Speaker 4: No? Oh your shoe size?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Oh you wish? Holy ohha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think twelve and a half.
Speaker 4: Are you really twelve and a half?
Speaker 2: I used to be thirteen, but my foot has shrunk.
Speaker 3: Got ladies and gentlemen, God has a sense of humor. I'm ten and a half eleven.
Speaker 2: Well there you are, okay, wow, all right, moving on?
Speaker 4: Okay. Number eight, Hey, Bill.
Speaker 7: This is Susan and Arizona. Been listening to you for years and I look forward to your podcast. But suddenly it was gone. What happened?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I started the podcast and then I realize a couple of things. Number One, work. Yeah, it's too much work, and I wasn't enjoying it. I just wasn't enjoying it. It's you know why I go off on tangents and I go things during the show that doesn't work in a half hour or forty minute podcast, I just sound like a moron. Not that I don't sound like a moron the show in the morning, I particularly sounded like a moron. So that's why I stopped doing the podcast. I just didn't like doing it anymore. Legitimate question, Okay, next number number.
Speaker 9: Two, Hi, Bill, why did you leave La County? You moved Orange County. I assume it's because La County is a dumb.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is a very You answered your own question. Well done. It's ask handle anything, but you answer your own question. No, I just moved down to Orange County. As I said, I'm sort of in a new chapter in my life, and Orange can I get better?
Speaker 2: I do like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I like it better because I live my entire life in La County. But I am enjoying Orange County.
Speaker 2: I truly am. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, for example, you go to my neighborhood and there are nothing but Trump flags up and down the street that are still there.
Speaker 4: I bet you love that.
Speaker 2: I have a good time with that. I actually do. I do.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: It's a very different political situation than what I grew up in. But I do enjoy Orange County a lot. It's what the valley used to be like forty years ago, where the traffic depending on the time, but the shopping centers, I mean, the stores, the parking lots are.
Speaker 2: Much much bigger. Okay, I think we have time for one or two more.
Speaker 4: Okay. Number ten, Hi Bill, I'm curious. How much do you charge to do a personal appearance like at a grocery store opening.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Let me put it this way. You know, Okay, shut up, I got it. I got you know. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you specifically what I charge, because either you're going to be really and really impressed or you got to say, come on, handle really only that much.
Speaker 2: I don't do them anymore.
Speaker 1: Because I've priced myself out of them.
Speaker 2: No one can afford me anymore. But it has more to do with the fact that appearances just don't do. I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to do a lot of them, and I used to get.
Speaker 4: You charge basically, so you so high so you don't have to do them.
Speaker 2: That's now, yeah, now I do so.
Speaker 1: Now it's if I go out there, I don't get paid. I do them for free, because you know what I want for the money no one can afford. Let's do one more.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number four, what's your true relationship with Neil? Well, we're very close. I must tell you we do a fair amount of spooning. It's yeah, well said, well said. And let me put it this way. Neil and I have been naked in a hotel room, sharing a room together, and that.
Speaker 4: Is a fact. No, you naked, one of us were.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a fact.
Speaker 4: I've stated rooms together many many times. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Neil and I are, we're bros, sort of bro bro Anyway, how did that work? By the way, what do you think? Do we do that again next week?
Speaker 3: I trust me, there's a lot of great questions. I just needed to kind of Yeah, there's some of them, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some good questions. Okay, guys, we're done. I think we're gonna do it next Friday again. Just give it a shot, because this actually was fine. All right, we're done to Tomorrow, I'm going to join Neil at the at the Smart and Final in Lake Forest on Altro Road where he's broadcasting his show The Fork Report. And then tonight I'm gonna stop by where Tim Conway is broadcasting at the New Wendy's and Mission Viejo and Alicia Parkway.
Speaker 2: And it's all for helping Katerina's Club.
Speaker 1: It's all for helping Bruno feed his twenty five thousand meals to kids a week with.
Speaker 2: Katerina's club chef Bruno.
Speaker 1: So you know, please go to KFI a M six forty dot com slash postathon. Hopefully see you tomorrow when I'm with Neil tonight, when I'm with Tim, and it's all about postathon. All right, guys, we're done tomorrow morning. I'm here eight to eleven o'clock, handle on the lowt. Neil and I are going to be together in the afternoon. And you know, we started this all over again on Monday morning, our normal, normal week, and then well, next week's Thanksgiving week, so I'll talk more about.
Speaker 2: That, all right, what amy next week?
Speaker 7: Excit?
Speaker 2: What you were laughing?
Speaker 4: You were still laughing at you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a shame. I thought you were laughing at me.
Speaker 4: No, you are laughing at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: What is that? Oh? Wow? It's a cool book.
Speaker 7: I interviewed this woman on wake Up Call earlier this week, Jessica Ghee about She's taken her family and traveled all around the world.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful book. Did she give it to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I got it for free, you know, that's illegal. I just want to point that out. You're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 4: Is it over twenty five dollars?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, then it's not all right. Guys, we're done. I was just going to go into a whole thing. Catch it tomorrow morning, Monday, we start this all over again. KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.