Speaker 1: Welcome Just Hindaway Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog sermons from different pasters and speakers all over the Philippins.
Speaker 2: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape.
Speaker 3: And now here's your message. We're in the last installment of our series called Grace Changes Everything, and I want to welcome you to our eleven AM service. My name is Bojo Manufashion, one of the pastors here in Green Hills, and again we're in the last installment of Grace Changes Everything. How many guys have been blessed by this series Grace Changes Everything? Yeah, okay, good? You know, nine am okay, so at least eleven name not in but uh, you know, it's a privilege to be able to share the Word of God with you this morning. And you know, I want to get right into the Word of God, if that's okay with you. So if you have your Bibles with you, kindly open up to Luke after nineteen verses one to ten, and I want to invite you to stand up as we give reverence to the Word of God.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have a Bible, it's okay. We have it here on the keynote, so.
Speaker 3: Allow me to read it. It says here Luke nineteen verse one. Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. A man was there by the name of Zakias. He was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but being a short man, he could.
Speaker 2: Not because of the crowd.
Speaker 3: So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way. And when Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, Zachias, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today. So he came down at once. So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. And all the people saw this and began to mutter, he has gone to be the guest of a sinner.
Speaker 2: First say it. But Zakiah stood up and said to.
Speaker 3: The look Lord here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount Jesus said to him. Today, salvation has come to this house because this man, too is a son of Abraham. For the son of man came to seek and say what was lost?
Speaker 2: Let us pray.
Speaker 3: Lord, we thank you, Father God for this morning that we can come into your presence and hear from your word.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 3: I pray that you would open up our hearts and mind today to receive from you. Lord. We thank you, Father God, for you sent your son Jesus here onto this earth to seek and to say the loss of which we are. We are part of the loss. Yet you have found us, Lord, got it and invited us into your kingdom and into your family. Lord, we thank you this morning. We thank you for your word in Jesus name. Amen, you may go ahead and take your seats. For the last couple of months, you know, my wife and I've been enrolling our kids in a sort of football camp.
Speaker 2: Okay indye push a soccer football. Oh.
Speaker 3: And these are our two kids, our six year old four year old, and they are part of this age group now.
Speaker 2: Three to three to six years old.
Speaker 3: So Mary and Silla mangas skills that they practiced with their coaches, kicking the ball and all these things.
Speaker 2: And the last fifteen minutes of.
Speaker 3: Their workshop, sorry, last fifteen twenty minutes. Yes, Marin Pasilang scrimmage. Ok where young group no Noila. They'll be divided into two teams and they would play against each other, trying to score a goal against each other. Now, one of the recent training Snila. After their scrimmage, I noticed that our daughter, our six year old daughter, me banang her, she wasn't happy.
Speaker 2: And I asked her what was wrong?
Speaker 3: And she said that the other boys and the other team were saying that, oh they're oh, these are just a bunch of babies. Okay, so affected shah And so I said, okay, so, how did that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Sad?
Speaker 3: And she was teary eyed. She has tried to hold back her tears. It was only when her mom asked her again she started crying.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And and I asked and another son pang dead Malansha. So I asked him, what did you hear the other kids? They were saying that, oh babies, yes, okay, how did that.
Speaker 2: Make you feel? Nice? Leyoa? Okay?
Speaker 3: They both heard the same thing. It all sensitives. Oh she was sad. Shee theo was dead malan nice though, so I was. Me and my wife were wandering nice oh kay so and and my my son is probably the shortest of their young team, and they were like shorter than the other five year old sex year old kids are probably twice as well as them.
Speaker 2: No, but my.
Speaker 3: Wife and I were wondering a baja citeo kapak baby cute.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 3: So when they say called him baby, he was quod. That's why it was nice, right, So why am I sharing that story?
Speaker 2: Well? You share?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, like our story that we're about to dive into. Zachias Zakias and the people that he lived with in Jericho. They were saying so many different things about him and it greatly affected him, much like my daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, And sometimes how.
Speaker 3: We how we respond to what people say about us can really affect us.
Speaker 2: It can it can hamper our faith.
Speaker 3: It can you know, get us stuck where we are, or you know, it can push us to do something more. I don't know, it depends, right, And even though a Kios was in the wrong because of what everyone was saying, he lost all semblance of dignity and respect. And we're gonna find out more about what happened in verse one. Start from verse one, it says Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through okay Jiu was only passing through to Jericho. He had no agenda there, He had no itinerary there. The previous chapter, which was our preaching last week, Jesus heal the blind man, Bartimeus, who was just on the outskirts of Jericho, Paputan Jericho see Jesus and Yumaga blind and a lame and all these people they were kicked out of the city. They were living just beyond the city borders because they were outcasts. And so Jesus was passing this way on his way to Jerusalem. So he had no plans he was with you know, he was just going passing through. And it says you're in verse two. They were here in the city of Jericho. There was a man by the name of Zachios who was chief tax collector and was wealthy. Now he wasn't just any tax collector.
Speaker 2: He was the boss. He was the one. He was the boss that all the other tax collectors reported too.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing about tax collectors during the time of Jesus, uh they were under the Roman Empire, Roman rule, and the taxes they were collecting was for the Roman Empire, a foreign ruler.
Speaker 2: And so you can just imagine the.
Speaker 3: Jews, who have already been oppressed by the Roman Empire now have to deal with their fellow men, tax collectors among a, tax collectors, fellow Jews in Sile. Yet they are on the other side, Kumba, they're working for the enemy. So you can just imagine that these Jews hated these men, these tax collectors, because not only were they collecting for the people who were oppressing them, but they were adding to it, kumbaga, they were getting a little bit for themselves. Can again wealthy see Zakios not I mean, he wasn't just a regular he was the boss. He was a chief tax collector. So you can just imagine how many, how much, how much riches he has Because Jericho wasn't just ordinary city. Jericho was a passageway towards Jordan, towards Jerusalem, so there were businesses there, people who would probably stop by, you know, before going onto their final destination.
Speaker 2: So there was business was good.
Speaker 3: So as the businesses flourished, the wealth of Zakios prospered as well. Because of his corruption yay. Now again Zakios, because of his dealings with the people and his job, he was naturally hated by the Jews, by the Israelites ya Verse three to four. It says here that he wanted to see jess was Jesus was passing through.
Speaker 2: He wanted to who Jus.
Speaker 3: Was, but because he was short, he could not see over the crowd.
Speaker 2: Now it says he wanted to see who Jesus was. How does Zakias know who Jesus?
Speaker 3: What compelled him to want to know or to see who this guy was? Now, the Bible doesn't say, It does not tell us exactly what happened. Maybe because he heard knows that chapter eighteen that Jesus he'll this blind man words spread out Zachio's Jesus.
Speaker 2: He does this, he does all of that.
Speaker 3: Another another thought or way of how Jesus heard about sorry Zaki has heard about Jesus was probably through a fellow tax collector by the name of Matthew. If you remember, Matthew is a disciple, one of the twelve disciples of Jesus. Again, this is not in the Bible. This is just me as a kid's pastor painting you a picture. Okay, So Matthew, a tax collector, gives up his career to follow Jesus. So I don't know how close Sakios was. I mean, he was a chief collector, but how he was acquainted with him. I don't know if they work together, but I'm sure he probably knew, or maybe somebody reported boss see Matthew and the Quitney, And so.
Speaker 2: He's probably curious.
Speaker 3: Now, what would cause this man, this young man who was at the you know, the peak of his career, who had so much wealth, so much riches ahead of him, to give it all up for this person named Jesus because something compelled za Chios. He wanted to see who Jesus was. Okay, but here's the problem. He was worth how many of you can relate. I don't raise your hand, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, growing up I was like that in school.
Speaker 3: La, I'm always the first in nine.
Speaker 2: The shortest, the tallest. I love short people.
Speaker 3: I married one. Oh my wife petite and gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yes plus points. Okay, he was short.
Speaker 3: So we had a problem going trying to see Jeus through all the people.
Speaker 2: The crowd. There was a crowd again. Okay, there was a crowd there.
Speaker 3: And Zakios knew these people hated him, right, he knew that they were talking behind his back. They knew that they looked down on him, not just literally but figuratively. They knew how much that even if he tried to say, excuse me, excuse people.
Speaker 2: In the crowd, nobody would let him. True.
Speaker 3: So you can just imagine the people, the crowds who are also there to see Jesus. You can just imagine the animosity the hatred of these people towards this man.
Speaker 2: And Sachias knew that.
Speaker 3: But he was determined to see Jesus. He wasn't accepted, he was ostracized with society. It was difficult for him in the crowd. Maybe some of us we find ourselves in similar situations where we're being labeled and dismissed by society, whether out of our own doing or not. Where people begin to look at us and say that this person is beyond hell, beyond hope, this person is worthless, this person is too broken, he's not worthy, she's not worthy. And we hear these things, whether directly or indirectly, about us, and it affects us and how we relate to society, how we rate the community, how we relate to people around us. But here's one thing that we can see in the life.
Speaker 2: Of a chaos.
Speaker 3: He knew all of these things and what people thought about him, but that did not stop.
Speaker 2: Him from wanting to see Jesus.
Speaker 3: He was determined to see Jesus with his own two eyes.
Speaker 2: He didn't care what people thought.
Speaker 3: He already lost dignity and respect amongst his peers, his people, but.
Speaker 2: He wanted to see Jesus.
Speaker 3: Desperate times call for desperate measures, which is why he climbed up a sycamore tree. Evidence of his determination, evidence of his willingness to do whatever it takes, and he would stop at nothing just to be able to see who this Jesus was. Luke paints this picture of shame and embarrassment and be undignified of this boss, chief tax collector, wealthy man climbing up a sick of more tree.
Speaker 2: How desperate are we to see Jesus?
Speaker 3: How desperate are we to see Jesus? Are we willing to wake up earlier than usual? Just so that we can open up the word of God and find out?
Speaker 2: Lord? Who are you speak to me? Or? Lord? But good? Now?
Speaker 3: What are we willing to do in order to see Jesus? Are we willing to take time and disciple our kids and to share to them who Jesus there are. That's a kid stretch to Mansilla. What are we willing to do in order to see who Jesus is? Verse five. When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and him and said to him, Zakias, come down.
Speaker 2: Immediately, Jesus looked at Zakias again.
Speaker 3: Jesus had no agenda in Jericho.
Speaker 2: I'm planning.
Speaker 3: He was just passing through. Yet he sees this man climbing up, this little man climbing up the tree, and it drew Jesus' attention.
Speaker 2: Now again, there is a crowd. There is a crowd of.
Speaker 3: People in Jesus' way, to his right, to his left, behind him, in front of him. They all wanted to see Jesus, just like Zachius. But what made Zakias different. Why up of all the people in the crowd, Jesus went and approached the spot of the tree which Zakias had climbed.
Speaker 2: I believe it's because.
Speaker 3: Jesus knew and he felt that Zakias needed more than a glimpse of who Jesus was. I just needed to see who this man that everyone's talking about. But Jesus knews otherwise, No, this person needs something more than that. This man on the tree needs more than to see who I am. He needs to know who I am. He calls out to Zakia, Aki has come down. Immediately. Imagine this again. Jesus had no idea. I had had never met Zechias before. Zachius had never met Jesus before. Yet Jesus calls him by name. What does that tell us? He knew Zacchius by name. He knew what he was going through. He knew what were the issues, deep deep down in his heart.
Speaker 2: He knew that he was living in us. He knew that the people hated him.
Speaker 3: He knew that these people were ostracizing him from everyone else. He knew the pain that he was going through. He knew the shame and the dignity he had lost. Jesus knew all of that.
Speaker 2: When he called him by name.
Speaker 3: And maybe for some of us here today, Jesus even calling us by name one by one.
Speaker 2: I know you. I know what you're going through. You haven't told anyone about it, but I know. I know your pain.
Speaker 3: I know the shame, I know the suffering that you're going through. Yes, you put on that brave face of your but I know it's okay.
Speaker 2: Because I know you by name. You are mine, You are my son, you are my daughter.
Speaker 3: When Jesus comes as the keys and says I must stay at your house today, had no agenda, no, had no plan yet cancels all of that, postpones to stripped to Jerusalem the case, I must stay at your home today. I must be with you. I must honor you as you receive me with your hospitality. I'm going to associate with you. I'm going to be in close company with you. And you don't have to do anything or to prove to anyone as to why I want to be with you. You don't have to do anything. I'm here.
Speaker 2: I want to be with you.
Speaker 3: You are worth being with no matter who you are or what you've done. That's what Jesus is saying here.
Speaker 2: You are worth being with, whether you changed.
Speaker 3: Or not, even if you're still the same person that you were ten years ago.
Speaker 2: I still want to be with you.
Speaker 3: You are worth my time, no matter what these people think, no matter what these religious leaders say, you are worth my time because you are as precious as anyone. And maybe some of you needed to hear that today. Jesus is saying to you, my son and my daughter, I must be with you today. I must come into your house today. I must come into your life today. I must come into your heart this moment because I want to be with you.
Speaker 2: And there's no it doesn't matter what people may say or think about it, because I want to be with you.
Speaker 3: You don't have to prove anything to me, because I just want to be with you. Za Chaos, who was lost, who was broken, who was in pain, who was living in isolation and under a hatred from his fellow man, Jesus said, I want to be with you. The fact that Jesus ate with and spent time with someone who is considered a set out, a traitor, a deceiver without morals.
Speaker 2: Was an act of grace that the Phariuses in the crowd could not comprehend what just happened. I thenk Yerry, you.
Speaker 3: See Jesus, healer, teacher, prophet.
Speaker 2: Why is he?
Speaker 3: Why why is he having fellowship? Does he want to go into this sinner's house?
Speaker 2: Why? They were shocked? They were what's going on here?
Speaker 3: The Pharisees, the religious leaders, the Israelites. Here's what they thought. They thought Jesus must feel the same way about zaki As, the same way we feel about zaki Yas.
Speaker 2: That's why they were shocked.
Speaker 3: Dip was it Jesus hen union collapen diib I love me Jesus.
Speaker 2: He is a sinner.
Speaker 3: If you look at scriptures, tax collectors are associated in the same category as adulters.
Speaker 2: Unjust extortionists. Ain't same in the eyes of the Jews. That's why they were sinners. That's why they were hated. And so the Jews are like, I love me Jesus, chief tax collector.
Speaker 3: He stole from us. He has been oppressing us for the longest time already. Why yeah, wait, where does Jesus.
Speaker 2: Want to be with him?
Speaker 3: Why he came down at once and welcomed him gladly, And all the people saw this and began to mutter.
Speaker 2: I don't mean mutter buck, but Jesus.
Speaker 3: They were complaining, They were grumbling with one another. They were talking behind the back of Jesus, behind the back of the chios.
Speaker 2: What's happening, what's going on? He's going to that guy's house.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he know that that house was bought with our money?
Speaker 2: Money he stole from us.
Speaker 3: Jesus, doesn't he know that this man is hated, that religious leaders are angry at him but afraid of him.
Speaker 2: They just couldn't imagine it. You see, for the people of.
Speaker 3: Jericho, the only way, the only way that they would now accept za Chios was as Exacchius, was to conform to their standards. Keelan mcwanu one Ezachios, keelan.
Speaker 2: Mcvictory, group mac victory.
Speaker 3: We can la happen now before we can accept him back into our society. The people of Jericho felt that Jesus thought the same way.
Speaker 2: That thea Chios. For in order for.
Speaker 3: Anyone to accept him ki lanen, to go through all of these religious loops, to conform to a standard, To do this in order to be accepted, To do this, this, this, in order to be loved, To do this, this and that, to be part of this family, to be part of this community. But this vast difference between the people in Jericho and Jesus, The contrast between the grumbling, complaining of the crowd and the acceptance and grace of Christ in reaching out to a sinner by name, a stark difference, a vast difference.
Speaker 2: Are we part of this camp here?
Speaker 3: But shouldn't you share no gospein people are not Victory Week in Guinde, but invites a church. These standards that keep people at bay? Or are we part of this camp where Jesus? All that Jesus did was come to the tree Zacchios that a kindles fortile, whatever, if we wanted to have fellowship with this man, are we? Are we here and saying you saying hey, kind iw it's okay, let's go to church. You even read your Bible, It's it's all right. Are we extended the same grace and acceptance that Christ did when he came through that tree.
Speaker 2: Where Zacchios was at.
Speaker 3: You know, there are people, whether in church or outside of church, who have been marginalized, who have been outcast, who have been labeled hopeless and beyond redemption, who just want.
Speaker 2: To see Jesus, just like Zachias.
Speaker 3: Yet sometimes it's us, the church who would keep them at bay. You haven't done this, you haven't conformed to what I think you should be doing, when all they want.
Speaker 2: To do is pro Jesus. It maguant mcgripmuna.
Speaker 3: This was the very first days of grace and acceptance that Zakias ever felt in years.
Speaker 2: In years see.
Speaker 3: Hated by people who used to be he used to be friends with. Now they burn those bridges because of what he has done.
Speaker 2: People he used to hang out with after work. Lana, I am.
Speaker 3: He was all alone in isolation, living under hatred, being despised by his own people for the longest time, until Jesus comes to him and extends grace and acceptance.
Speaker 2: Sacchius, I want to be with you. I want to go to your house.
Speaker 3: Accepting someone like Zacchias for the church today is somehow a compromise of our values when it should be the exercise of those same values. This imprisoned ex mayor who is circulating the recent news. What if he was to walk in through these doors right now, what would be running in our minds? Alan Church?
Speaker 2: Though he's not allowed here, he doesn't deserve to be here.
Speaker 3: He will burn, God will strike him down.
Speaker 2: Ny Man.
Speaker 3: Jesus came up to him. I know you, I'm calling you by name.
Speaker 2: I know what you've done.
Speaker 3: I'm not ignoring your sin, but I know. Yet at the same time, I know your pain, and I'm accepting you. I'm extending grace to you. And here's what happened. A fellowship Jesus hangs out with him. Ziki has stood up and said to the Lord Lord. Look, Lord here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor. And if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will not. I'll pay back four times the amount. Half of what he has as his wealth. He's giving now to the poor. The other half, Sin Lord, the people I stole from, I'll give four times now according to law standard in paying back what you stole. This twice, he's giving four times the amount. Now did Jesus request any of this? Before I go into your home? You need to give back the money demon, see.
Speaker 2: Jesus the lord.
Speaker 3: Lord, Lord Lord, I will give back my money.
Speaker 2: All that Bertie Mayeus. I'll give to Bertie.
Speaker 3: Mayos, the people I stole, Lord, I will pay, if not just two times, I will pay four times as much.
Speaker 2: He was making.
Speaker 3: Restitution because of the grace that Jesus extended to this broken man. His heart that had been hardened became wrong. Now it became open just because one man accepted him, one man extended grace towards and one man loved him when nobody else would. And so his heart now was speaking. Lord I really don't know, but this is what I can do. I will make it right with the people I have wronged. I will make it right to those who have offended. I will do my part in being reconciled to my fellow man, to my people. It wasn't her request when Jesus extended his grace. There was no pretense, no obligation, there was no condition. It was just given, and it led to the chayos being generous and proceeding to make right what was wrong. What sort of restitutions do we need to make in order to be reconciled with others? Maybe for some of us here religious that we've had, we grew up with them. They were at our wedding. Now we don't even see them in there. We don't want to talk to them anymore. Maybe God is calling you today, Hey, I know it's hard, but I want you to make it right with this person. They may have been the one who wronged you, but I want you to make it right. When my wife and I get into an argument after discussing heatedly upon a.
Speaker 2: Corner, go shining malay.
Speaker 3: Did shah until the Holy Spirit says, oh hey, sorry, Lord, and to make it right, I have to buy her lipstick.
Speaker 2: Plus date, plus flowers. I don know, but we.
Speaker 3: Need to make it right with the people who may have wronged us or we have wronged just like Zachiah's here and Jesus says to him in verse nine and ten, today salvation has come to this house because this man, too is a son of Abraham. For the son of Man came to seek and to save the loss. Jesus concludes his encounter with Zachius reminding everyone.
Speaker 2: That the grace of God.
Speaker 3: Is available to those who are lost, those who are broken, those who are seemingly beyond hope. His journey with Zacchius is a message to the people of Jericho as well. No one is beyond hope when Christ and his grace comes into play. This is a picture of a sycamore tree, not the one that Zacchius climb, but in Jewish culture, a sycamore in their language, represents restoration.
Speaker 2: Imagine that.
Speaker 3: Zechius climbed up a tree of restoration. Jesus came to him to provide that restoration.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Jesus knew that Zacchius needed more than just a glimpse of who he was.
Speaker 2: He knew that.
Speaker 3: Zakius needed restoration. What kind of restoration Jesus restored the identity of Zychius. He restored our identity, Zakias. The name is a Kias if you look it up, means pure, means innocent, means righteous, a far cry.
Speaker 2: From who he is in this passage.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, he's supposed to be pure as his namesake, but he was living in sin and conducting all of these immoral things. Yet because of his encounter with Jesus, he changes ways and went above and beyond to make things right, to live, to overcome his past, or to live up to his name. Of course they don't have overnight, but he is living towards that. He's walking towards that, and that was because of his encounter with Jesus.
Speaker 2: His encounter with Jesus restored him back to who he is. Hey, you're a man who is pure.
Speaker 3: You have been named innocent, and I am restoring that in your life. And when he says that you are a son of Abraham, imagine he is a Jew. Yet it's as if the people, his fellow Jews, kicked him out of the family. The Israelies for the people of God. They were kicking him out of this people of God. You do not deserve to be part of this because of what you have done. You have broken the laws of Moses and Jesus saying. When Jesus said and confirmed you are, he is, he is too, a son of Abraham.
Speaker 2: Jesus saying you are part of this family.
Speaker 3: He is bringing back his identity as being part of the lineage of Abraham, as part of the people of Abraham, as part of the promise that God made with Abraham back.
Speaker 2: In Genesis twelve.
Speaker 3: Jesus restored him back to who he is, to his history, to the promises that God has for him. Restored him back to his identity as a recipient of the covenant promise that God made with Abraham. Wow. Jesus restored him his identity, restored who he was. Jesus restores our relationship with God as well. When Jesus saw Zachias again Zacchios climbing up this tree, all he wanted to do, and he was fine with it, was to see Jesus, not only to find out that Jesus was looking for him. Yes, Jesus had no agenda in coming to Jericho, but the moment he saw Zachias up in that tree.
Speaker 2: I must go there.
Speaker 3: Because Jesus came to seek and save the loss, to seek and save the broken, to bring about restoration.
Speaker 2: And the lives of people like Zachias.
Speaker 3: And when he said I must stay in your house today, he was bringing him into a relationship with him. He was almost Jesus wants to restore that relationship he has with us. Jesus claims a relationship with Zacchis when he calls him by name, Zachius, I know you. I want to be with you. I want to enter into your home. I want to enter into your life. Jesus restores our relationship with God, and finally, Jesus restores our relationship with the community.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: It does not say hear what happened if Zacchius made good on his promise to the Lord.
Speaker 2: But I would like to think that he did. And it probably looked like something like this.
Speaker 3: Zacchius would go up to a neighbor of his, somebody that he extorted from, Knock on the door. The one opening the door is the son of the owner.
Speaker 2: Of the house. Seen new Posilla, Ah.
Speaker 3: Something that I am going along, calls his dad te see Tito's Indian titum Zaki us Anya huh Miner on the last week walks up to the door as a ball bat, hands in a bag with money and it's dad, the owner of the house.
Speaker 2: A goodbye, what's this one? What?
Speaker 3: And he grabs the bag and a maroon what's the catch if open the bags at the same time, And he goes on to explain what happened, is encounter with Jesus and how he wants to make it right with the people.
Speaker 2: He is wrong and he's a little skeptic. This order of the house counts it how much he has given out. Zachi was run again.
Speaker 3: You can just imagine one by one, Zachi is going from house to house, not just paying them back in full, but paying that four times the amound that he stole, and at the same time sharing his testimony of how he encountered Jesus. And so you can just imagine that mindsets of who he was, hatred and all of these thoughts of who he was are now slowly breaking all because of his encounter with Jesus. Because grace changes everything. Imagine this encounter with Jesus began to slowly change.
Speaker 2: The community, making things right with his fellow men, here's a thing.
Speaker 3: Did Zachias deserve any of this, any of the hatred and animosity that people had towards him? Yes, he did deserve it because he wasn't the wrong. But that's the beauty of the grace of God, the grace of God that was freely given to all.
Speaker 2: How beautiful, how.
Speaker 3: Amazing is this grace of God that Zachias himself was able to recognize.
Speaker 2: I have been accepted by Christ.
Speaker 3: Jesus extended that same acceptance, that same grace to him, and Zechius recognize that.
Speaker 2: As I end.
Speaker 3: You see, even in our times of desperation and brokenness, God's grace is available to provide the restoration we need. Don't think that you are beyond hope, don't think you're beyond help. Don't think you're beyond God's grace, because you're not. God's grace is available to each and every one of us, and whatever kind of restoration that we need today, his grace is more than sufficient.
Speaker 2: To provide that restoration that we need. Lord, Thank you Lord. We did not earn it, we don't deserve it. Your head, you poured out.
Speaker 3: Your grace, your love upon each and every one of us. It wasn't anything that we did. Yet you came and you gave yourself up so that we can be accepted, We can know who you are, we can be overwhelmed by your grace and your love and your mercy, and your goodness and your kindness and so or even right now, Father, I prayed. I just sensed that there are even lies that have been spewed at you. Just we were singing that on, singing that song.
Speaker 2: Li.
Speaker 3: The Lord is tearing down those lies right now, those lies.
Speaker 2: Of the enemy about who you are. Jesus is tearing those lies down. That is not who you are, because you are mine.
Speaker 1: You are my son, you are my daughter, and those lies do not define who you are. So, Lord, I pray that you would restore your people back to who you have called them to be, men and women of purpose, men and women of your grace, men and women of your love, men and women who would walk in Christ's likeness.
Speaker 3: Another group of people who want to pray for whatever. Head bout and eyes closed. Believe some of you here today believe God wants to restore you back to Him. Yes, you may have been following you for the longest time. You were Christian since birth. You grew up in Sunday School and all that. Yet somehow you find yourself off wayward. You find yourself in darkness, you find yourself in the wilderness.
Speaker 2: And the Lord is saying, I want.
Speaker 3: To restore you back into a relationship with me, into a flourishing intimate.
Speaker 2: Relationship with me.
Speaker 3: And I want to know who I'm talking, who I'm praying for, And if that's you, kind of lift up your hands. You can put it down right away. Thank you, Thank you for the hand. Thank you, Thank you for the hand.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Lord. You see these hands.
Speaker 3: You know these men and women, Lord God, and Lord, I pray for that you would draw them once again to you.
Speaker 2: Lord. I pray that you would recognize.
Speaker 3: Their faith and their desperation and their need for you.
Speaker 2: And I pray, Lord God, that.
Speaker 1: You would come and come to that spot just as that you did.
Speaker 2: When's the case you came to that spot.
Speaker 3: I pray that you would come to where they are right now and call them by name and say to them, Lord, you are mine, you are minded. There is nothing the enemy can do, there is nothing that anyone can do take that away from you.
Speaker 2: I love my grace because you, my son, my daughter.
Speaker 3: You are chosen, You are holy, you are righteous, you are forgiven. So Lord, I pray that you would bring about restoration, just as Christ was centered to be reconciled, were reconciling men and women to you, Lord, I pray that you would remind your people once again, well the group of people want to pray for, maybe there's some of you here today. You need to be restored to this person in your life, a relationship that was broken, a relationship that you just said I don't want anything to do with this person, and God to say no, I'm calling you.
Speaker 2: To be reconciled with that person once again.
Speaker 3: And whatever restitution that you need to make, you need to come before God and say, Lord, what can I do?
Speaker 2: What should I do?
Speaker 3: And just allow us spare to God to speak to you, to direct your steps and lead you into reconciliation. Because when Christ came here on earth, he did not just come to reconcile us us to God, but to came to reconcile us.
Speaker 2: With one another.
Speaker 3: And I want to know who I'm praying for you if that's you, and you know in your heart that you need to be reconciled with this person, with a brother, with his sister, with her father, with a friend.
Speaker 2: Just kind of lift up your hands and you can put it down right away. Thank you, Thank you for the hand, thank you, thank you for the hand. Lord. I thank you for these people. Lord.
Speaker 3: You have called us to live in community, to live in relationship with one another, to love our neighbor as you have loved as you have loved us. And so Lord, I pray that you would bring about restoration. Right now, Lord, I pray whatever they need to do in order to be reconciled with these people in their lives. Lord, I pray that you would give them just the compassion, the love overwhelmed them.
Speaker 2: With your love.
Speaker 3: Father, thank so that they can move in righteousness, they can move according to your word.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 3: Even right now, I pray for each and every person in this place, Father, pray that your grace will overwhelm us, not just to bring about change in our own lives, but to bring about change in our homes and our campuses, and our offices and our families. Lord, we thank you for your grace, the changes everything, for the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellow sho the Holy.
Speaker 2: Spirit be with you all. May God bless you all in Jesus name. Amen, Amen, Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more God bless you all.