Speaker 1: Here it is night first one to what the volcast got.
Speaker 2: Showers likely to continue today, sometimes heavy rain sixty four for the high. Showers are likely every night with underforms thunderforms possible, dropping to fifty nine. Saturday, a high of seventy rain is likely with heavy rain expected overnight, more showers than a few strong storms forty five for the low. Finally, showers will end during the day on Sunday, with a floodwatch ending on Sunday morning fifty to to the high rate on Sunday fifty three.
Speaker 1: Right now time for traffic from the U S Out Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Don't let injuries slowed you down the U see Health Orthopedics soon. Sports medicine experience can help keep you moving. Schepsule with the same day appointment at UCA health dot com. South Bend seventy five. Continue slow through Blackland, North Bend seventy five. Break by say should come out of Florence into the cut in the hill. There's a wreck on daily at Galbreth and Lawrence Purn Road now blocked off between fifty and Suspension Bridge due to high water. It's just the beginning chuck Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 4: The Talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, thirty fifty five KRCD Talk station, Hope you're heaven a very happy Friday. Glad it's Friday. It's been a great show this morning. Thanks for Jackie, producer Joe Stracker. Of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and Keith Destric's with the Bourbon Raffle. You got to get your Bourbon Raffle tickets. Vek Rama Swami, thank you, Ed, I appreciate it. And Congressman David Taylor follow by Welcome back to the fifty five KRSEY Morning Show, running from Mayor of the City of Cincinnati under the r Corey Bowman. Good to have you back on the program. Good to be back, Brian Corey Bowman dot com. Check him out, help him out, get a sign, get us shirt, make a donation. It will be so wonderful having a change in political affiliation in the Mayor's office. Of course, he's going to be running. I'm sure. I'm certain Corey's going to win the primary and off to the races against our current administration. It's been forty plus years since we've had a Republican and I think Corey, over the weeks I've gotten to known you in the many times you've been on the program that get some good ideas for the city of Cincinnati. But before we get to some of that, and to talk about the event that's coming up, how is lunch with Christopher Smitheman, that was a great lunch.
Speaker 5: Actually, it was actually my first time in Jim and Jacks and got to me a ton of amazing people and talk to the owners. We're actually excited to probably do an event there pretty.
Speaker 4: Soon as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great people. I'm actually going to be at Jim and Jackson dining with Christopher today. We promised to sit over a beer and talk some politics. So I'm looking forward to seeing the guys at Jim and Jackson. They're just super people. I think Christopher's got an office there, Corey, he spends so much time there. I don't know if he's got a cot in the back or what the story is.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: He was introducing me to even the homeless people out on the streets. Man.
Speaker 4: He just knows everybody there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does, he does. That's funny. Anniehow you've got an early voting event coming up? If I recall correctly, Pryce Lill Chilly next Tuesday, five pm.
Speaker 1: But I got that right.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's our early voting kickoff. You know, you said that you're fairly certain that will win the primary, but you know, nothing's certain.
Speaker 4: We have to get people out to vote.
Speaker 5: So April eighth is early voting start, and we're asking everybody to do everything you can to get out to the polls and get out to vote for our primary that ends on May sixth. But April eight is going to be an awesome nun It is.
Speaker 2: And it's an opportunity for folks to actually meet you, shake your hand, and talk face to face. I think, like I said, your message is a good one, and maybe get some people to help work on the campaign as a consequence of that event.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, We've spent a lot of the beginning stages of this campaign just meeting people, because I've been in politics a grand total of about three months now and so just meeting the right people, just like Christopher and others. And I really feel like this early voting kickoff is going to be the start to the next phase of the campaign, and that's mobilizing people, getting all the volunteers the right.
Speaker 4: Information to get people out to vote.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that I really like about what you're planning on doing if elected mayor at least working toward it. I know you'll probably have an uphill battle given the likely makeup of Cincinnati City Council, but reducing the regulatory burden and moving the hell out of the way when it comes to people wanting to redevelop neighborhoods, individual building, smaller sort of flip type investors who can come and rehab one of those dilapidated buildings around you know, in your area on the West End and turn it into a storefront or maybe livable space apartments. All of that can be done city if the city we just get the hell out of the way, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, what I tell people is that's something we've had a front row seat to. That's not just a blanket statement that we're copy and pasted from.
Speaker 4: A Republican website.
Speaker 5: That's something that we've experienced downtown firsthand. And I've talked with people, talk with local developers, and there's so many hungry and investors and businesses and developers that can only do maybe one or two properties at a time, and sometimes the process can be just overwhelming for these people. To where at the end of a year and a half, two years of trying to fight for the right zoning or the right construction paths, a lot of times they end up just giving up, and that shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm always reminded when I think about this. The other person I knew had just a front row experience of this was the late great Elmer Hensler, founder of Queen City Sausage. He did a major plan expansion and it took him forever. I mean, he's in an industrial area anyway. It's not like he's moving into some suburb and intruding on people's you know, view or landscape or something like that. This is just another extension which would create more which did create more jobs, generate more revenue for the city. I mean, it was he had to reach out. I'd like to reach out to to elected officials and have them check into why and the hell they were all standing in the way of this. What is I mean, why would they want to stand in the way of something that is so beneficial for the city and something they profess to desire.
Speaker 5: Well, ultimately, you have to see yourself as are you a city official that's elected to support the vision of the residents or the vision of the entity of the city. And I think that you need to always take the residents' opinions and their dreams and their visions into account because what we're seeing right now, and this is what we're seeing with connected communities and a lot of these other policies, is that overall they have this ultimate vision that they want for these areas, and so they hold these properties time on standby until they can get.
Speaker 4: All the ducks lined up in a row. But that's not how it should be.
Speaker 5: You know, the local developers', local businesses, the residents, the community councils, they should have the biggest impact in developing the businesses and the properties and their communities.
Speaker 2: Let's I tell you what hang on for a minute. We'll just bring it back. Talk about a couple more issues. I want to talk about crime a little bit with Corey Bowman. He is running for mayor be it Price Sill, Chile next Tuesday, five to seven pm. Hear what more about what Corey has to say? Meet him in person, ask him a few questions. He's a very approachable guy and he'll be happy to do that. Eight thirty six We'll one more with Corey Bumman after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com. Thinking about buying your first home, here's your Channel.
Speaker 2: Nine first win of one the voecanst Lots of rain, showers, heavy at times, and a high of sixty four.
Speaker 1: More showers and thunderstorms overnight.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine seventy are high tomorrow with rain likely and heavy rain it's expected. They say, down to forty five overnight with more showers and a few storms than you finally get the end of the showers sometime during the day on Sunday. Also, the floodwatch ends on Sunday morning. Sunday's high will be fifty two. They say it's fifty three right now. It's time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the U see Health Tramfick sept.
Speaker 3: Don't let injuries slugg it down, but you see health orthopedics and supports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Southbound seventy five breaks through Blachland northbound seventy five break lights out of Erlinger into the cut cruiser working with an injury accident on daily at Godbreth as well as Belmont near Hamilton Avenue, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey thirty nine I fifty five KRCD talk Station Barn Thomas with Corey Bowman find one line at Corey Bowman dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: Before I get to public safety, which I know you're a big advocate of Corey, and I know you're also a big advocate of education and of course helping our children in the Cincinni public schools get better educated because I think some of the some of them are are being left behind demonstrably. So if you look at the test scores real quick. Citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer, who I know, you know, he actually has facts. He has actual documents that support his analysis of things. He was a former Inspector General, so he doesn't just pull things from his sphinker and say them like so many other people. It was an interesting post that he had on his Facebook page that Joe Streckers saw and forwarded to me that kind of chuckled like Joe did when he saw I know, you know about potholes. You've experienced the problems with potholes in the city. The roads are deteriorating all over according to a presentation from the Sinsini Department of Public Service at the Budget and Finance Committee this past Monday, I believe it was March thirty first. Anyway, they say the city repaired thirty seven thousand potholes between January and the end of March. And as Todd pointed out doing the math, if the department work five days a week, that means they fixed five hundred and seventy eight potholes a day. Do you buy that, Corey Bowman, Well, this.
Speaker 5: Isn't anything getst the workers that are trying to repair these potholes with what they have available to them.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that number kind of seems a little bit off to me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, and I'll tell you what. Let's do.
Speaker 2: Let's say it's accurate. Doesn't that indicate And I know we've had a bad winter, but you know we have roads that have been falling apart now for years and years and they have not year after year and I don't know how many years you can go back, they haven't met up with their obligation to fix a certain number of lane miles annually. So this to me, if there are that many potholes in three months, thirty seven thousand of they fixed. That seems to me partly partially a revelation of how far behind they have and taking care of infrastructure.
Speaker 5: Well. Also in my mind too, if those numbers were correct, because we drive around the city all the time, you'd be seeing crews non stop outside fixing them, and you'd be seeing the.
Speaker 4: Roads kind of prepared.
Speaker 5: And last time I checked, even this last week driving around, these potholes are still out there in record numbers.
Speaker 2: All right, So rather than buy something new, Mayor Corey Bowman would concentrate on taking care of existing infrastructure. I think that's a safe statement.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 5: No, Absolutely, you have to just go forward with what's important to the citizens. And right now the study show you know, whenever you ask citizens what's most important to them, they say that it's crime and its infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know crime, that's something I wanted to pivot to. Crime is a problem. I think the days of defund the police and the demonization of police are over. When you've got a city like Seattle reversing its policy and seeking to embrace and enhance its police department, you know those days are over. So I always thought we had a pretty good relationship with the since police Department. I know there are some instances in some times when we've had bad officers, but that exists in every profession in this country. But the vast majority of the officers proudly wear the uniform and proudly serve the neighborhoods and communities they're in. I think the larger challenge here, Corey, and it may have a direct relationship with why education doesn't seem to be Our children seem to be failing in education. You know, it's the deterioration of the family. You, as a man of the cloth and as a family man yourself, know that to have you know, a children need to be taught, loved, cared for, and embraced at home. They need to have a strong family foundation. They need to be repercussions and discipline in the home. And I'm not talking about physical discipline. My parents didn't have to do that well a couple of times, but you know, it's an expectation at home that you're going to go to school, you're going to get the work done, and if you need help, you're going to get some help. There's just not enough of that out there and I don't know that we can fix society's problems gangs run and loose in the streets and looting stores and neighborhoods unless they have a found or strong family structure. I mean, can politicians can't change that though, can they?
Speaker 4: Well, you can encourage it, you know.
Speaker 5: I think that you know, with running for mayor, a lot of people might come in and just say, you know, I'm the savior of the city and I'm going to fix everything. Well, there's certain a lot of responsibilities to you as a mayor, and I think that you know, politicians and city officials kind of need to realize that that the whatever you're charged to be over, that's what you need to do your best at. But I think one of the key things, especially as a mayor in that position, is you can set the standard of what you support, you know, as far as what you are openly and vocally supporting, and then their policies kind of reflect that. So, yes, there is a crime issue. Yes, it's really what we're going through. And as a pastor, we see this it's a spiritual battle. This is a spiritual thing that's happening in our city to where we've got to get back to the roots of a family and structure and discipline. But when you see people that are trapped in areas to where like the West End, we're at eighty seven percent government subsidized housing. Realistically, what that means is that is that if a child grows up in that area a half mile one way and a half mile to the other, there is nobody that is above the poverty line. And so when you have policies that indicate that people are surrounded by poverties, surrounded by abuse, surrounded by crime, there's no way out for them. And so I'm all four policies that help lift people up. But when your policies are keeping people in bondage the rest of their life, and that includes with the family structure, that includes with job opportunities, that includes with having a home that people can call their own, our policies at the local level are not encouraging that at all. And that's what I would change if people will vote.
Speaker 2: For me and you know, offer vocal support and encouragement, reach out to the community leaders, the ministers, the pastors, the priests, the rabbis, and maybe help coordinate a collective effort that isn't about race, baiting and complaining and demanding more of this than that, but just collectively working together to better homes and communities and home LIFs. You know, I mean, and I think that that spirituality can help that. A lot we have gotten away from spirituality, as you might notice, and I really think that has a profound impact on the direction of society.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Also in the downtown areas, a lot of people have been so afraid of pushing a spiritual aspect of this. And it's not about just cramming doctrine or cramming religion down your throat, no, but it recognizing that church helps the community. It's recognizing that these personal convictions that people have through these relationships and through these established community leaders, whether it be pastors or rabbis or priests, whatever that might be. We've been so afraid to talk about these things in our cities for the sake of offending people. I think people are so set up with how things are going to where I think they're willing to offend some people to be able to say, Hey, what are the things that are actually going to help this city, What are the things that are actually going to help families.
Speaker 4: In this city?
Speaker 1: Amen to that Corey Bowman dot com.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to be over at the Pricel Chile next Tuesday, Westside Institution. It is, and it starts at five. You can help Corey out, learn more about him, and kick it off. Early voting begins, and it's important that we early vote. You've got to get out and vote Corey. Best of luck with the event next Tuesday, and off to the races from my perspective, and I hope you do a really good job.
Speaker 4: Thank you Brian so much.
Speaker 2: We'll talk again soon, my friend eight forty seven fifty five care see the talk stations.
Speaker 1: Don't go away.