Speaker 1: How'd you spend your weekend? Everybody'd you have? Did? Did you spend it? I saw a lot of our listeners just because you know, it populates into my timeline, especially over on Facebook Twitter. I don't people get mad, They're all right, followed the show account, you didn't follow me back. I understand that. But we based the show accounts basically populated the way that it is. So it's also a newsfeed to make my job easier, so it's not personal. But over on Facebook, obviously it's a different situation. And the amount of people that are, you know, clearly fans of the show or have been. I don't know, maybe I irritated them at one point, but whose weekend was not going to the beach, hitting the you know, grilling out with the fan, but rather literally going to western North Carolina or in some way, shape or form supporting relief efforts there, doing church fundraisers and like that kind of amazing, kind of amazing what people like people will step up and do even in the face of this. So I thought it would be a good use of my weekend. And I have one of those personalities where if I decide I'm gonna deep dive something it becomes almost unhealthy. I'm sure that. I'm sure that's some sort of like obsessive compulsive thing, But that's okay. It aids me in my job. And I really set out over the weekend to do two things. One, try to get a handle not on the stealing lithium mimes or things like that, and if that's your thing, just don't even send me your study. If that happens, we'll cover it, okay, But rather really looking into the response, the timeline and you know, taking into a count first person narratives to reporters and how impactful that is one way or the other, and how the media chooses to use it too. And then and this was the more difficult part, I did a deep dive of Katrina, right, because that's kind of the example of Malfeasan's laziness in an aptitude in popular lore as it pertains to Hurricane Katrina, and specifically the victim under the bus. There was the former FEMA director Michael Brown or Brownie as he loathes being called by George Bush during the press conference, which really got that thing rolling. But and it's positively eye opening. And then while I'm doing that, I have to ingest a steady stream of articles from from you know, w R and the New York Times and all of that. So that's how the media component got in there. Everything's you know, basically, everything's everything's fine. It's a bunch of conspiracy theories. And then they'd be like, look, Tom Tillis said this, well, you know what we think of Tom Tillis on this show, and you know the governor of Tennessee said this, well, yeah, but he has a vested interest in it appearing that everything's going fine because some of it's over in his state. So so yeah, it was positively eye opening. Let me just hit you with a little fun fact there, because it's interesting how we remember things who had the responsibility to evacuate New Orleans, who had the power and the responsibility to evacuate New Orleans, because that's one of the things that gets hung around the now. And I want to be clear, you're dealing with two fundamentally different situations. Yes they're both hurricanes, but you have a much more compacted, identifiable population center with Katrina in the in the city of New Orleans. It's not to say that Mississippi and Alabama didn't and even I think a little part of Texas didn't suffer you know, substantial damage. But the meat of what you were dealing with there from a concern standpoint was the city of New Orleans, which lay square in the state of Louisiana. And it is this is about what the Feds can do versus what state government can do. And this is this is really an important component. First and foremost, prior to Katrina and up to I think about a year after, the federal government could not evacuate a population center. You know that, right, because now you can now and and there are certain there's a lot of hoops, but it was because of the inability of the Feds to be able to evacuate New Orleans that they actually changed the law, because prior to that it would have essentially been you know, sending the military's posse comma tatus man. And I don't know if you know this, the Constitution takes a dim view. How they were able to achieve it, you can think is dubious. But they were not in a position to do that. So that's number one who who wouldn't do it. That would be the governor Blanco at the time, and Ray Nagan the and in pray it really would have fallen within the governor, but Ray Nagan, of course, who was the mayor of New Orleans. In fact, Nagan only came around on evacuating the city the morning of the night that had hit. And by then all the planes are out of there, They're gone all the you know, the airlines have taken every plane out of the airport there. Amtrak had suspended service basically throughout the state of Louisiana. And if you remember the pictures of all the school bus school buses that went underwater, most of the people who did a lot of the people who did evacuate, thankfully, a lot of people did. Also included a lot of school bus drivers. So that was number one. Number two, how is the media portraying this? If you watch the media for the most part, and they go and they talk to various people, they're talking to and playing people who I don't feel represent the majority of what I'm seeing on social media. Now, granted there's going to be a bias there on social media, but if you look at it, can you still see which accounts and account follows On Twitter? I challenge you to go and look at the show account which is primarily my primary Twitter feed, and you'll see that we follow all of the junk news organizations in my opinion, We follow RAO, we follow the New York Times. We fought because I want to know what everyone's reporting. But famously, one of the stories that really drove things forward from a media narrative was Anderson Cooper in a boat with it going and finding this family and you know, sitting there with them for hours and going, where's the rescue, where's the help? And this is a failure on the part of Bush. What people don't tell you is that Anderson Cooper had actually requested of FEMA to be able to ride in one of the rescue boats, which Michael Brown did turn down, his reasoning being that the rescue boats have a minimum number of crew to facilitate their operation, and the rest of the spots in the boat are for bumpah bah bum victims right who they're attempting to rescue. And it was explained to Cooper really the whole system and they were using a grid system there, meaning unfortunately, because it's a grid system, it may work the most efficiently, but depending on where you are, you may be on the inefficient side from a time perspective of the grid, is this too much on a Monday morning? Because I am bursting with information? And so what did Cooper do? He got his own boat, He got his he hired a guy in his own boat, and then went to the part of the grid that was explained to him was not first he went. He went to the part of the grid where they would be working around towards on the backside, because that's the reality there, there's no good choices. You got to go out and do this stuff. And he you know, he famously had that shot and no not to lene of him in a canoe fake shot. Another one he loves. He loves floodstuff for making big news. But Cooper that turned into the caused ajure. Look at these people on the roof of their house. Look at these people and he'd rescued and only CNN can fine them. And Michael Brown I read a piece that he wrote years later, and he said that he feels that one of his biggest mistakes was not to pacify and accommodate the media. So following the Anderson Cooper report, Time magazine decided they were going to descend upon him, and they did and they said that he lied on his resume. Also, Trent Lott, the former senator from Mississippi, threw him under the bus because they had a hospital ship that they wanted a position off the coast of Louisiana, and Trent Lott wanted it off the coast of Mississippi. And they're just like, the devastation is far worse than Louisiana. That's where're going to put our resources. And eventually Lot made enough, the thing ended up in Mississippi. He went above his head. So Time Magazine gets a hold of this. They questioned this, and they say that he lied about being an adjunct law professor. They just run the piece. It starts a congressional hearing. Well, it turns out he didn't wan, and in fact, there were sworn affidavits from literally everyone in the food chain on his former jobs. And eventually Time magazine sources they had to report quote felt that it was what they said was mischaracterized by the reporter. All of these things propelled forward, and all of these things the media was just salivating at the trough over right, and things changed dramatically when you then get into what we're talking about now, like where is the media curiosity for the timeline. We don't have to get into the crazy stuff. If this was a Republican president, the timeline of the federal response would be significant. And let me just let me just reacquaint you with the timeline. Okay. One, the devastation in North Carolina primarily took place on the twenty seventh of September. They made landfall the day before. Obviously it took a day to get to us. Okay, what do you think the federal response on the twenty eighth? Was you hear that silence, that's it? Twenty ninth, hear that silence, that's it, thirtieth yet more silence? Surely on October first, right, I mean, there's no way on October first we wouldn't begin an actual federal response to this thing one that is showing now. And I want to be clear here when I say federal response, I'm talking about the military folk who literally have a team or at least an organized I don't even know how to say it. They have a plan for this. Okay, So how do you go about figuring out, you know, the timeliness. I think it changes once you find yourself with a with a plan that is predetermined, and good on them for that October first, not a October second. President Biden mobilizes the military. Now again there's National Guard and then there's the military side, which in two thousand and six became a thing, largely due to the criticism of Brown and Katrina. That's when he decided to mobilize the military. It was the next day that five hundred soldiers started to do what they were doing. October fourth was just in process. Okay, nobody's moving. October fifth, five hundred more soldiers are added for search and rescue. This is how you get videos of soldiers sitting down there on Bragg going, what are we doing? Can we go? We got to go do something. So of that timeline that roughly about a week and a half timeline, what you say is you saw half of those days. There wasn't a lot going on, not from a federal perspective. And I think it's okay to ask questions about this people, Oh, you're being political these Oh. And also the super Dome was another one that was Ray Nagan's decision. In fact, FEMA told him, no, that wouldn't work. People needed to get out of there. But Nagan didn't want to evacuate the city because he thought if they evacuated it turned it didn't turn out bad, it would kill his chances. Little did he know it was the absolute corruption within him that killed his chances. But and when you look at these two things and you set them side by side, you ask yourself, how am I not How can I not say that there's politics at play here once again, when it's so easy and clear to see, even if it's on the part of the media, and especially if it's on the part of the media. Ross always checks when I sent him a link to stuff when he's putting it in there, because sometimes I'll send a story and I don't notice it's like six months ago or something like that. Well, he had to be Uh, he had to be surprised yesterday because I was sending them stories from like two thousand and seven. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, no, yeah. Once you figure out where I'm going with this, you figure it out, you would not. Are you all sitting down this morning. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and take a seat this morning, because you're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Wr L was all over this. They were absolutely wr L. I used as a local example along with the New York Times. They were absolutely fixated on timelines, timelines that were much more compact than what we're seeing right here. And they wrote story after story after story, man. And that's fine, right, as long as they're being accurate with it. It's gonna be up to people to go ahead and you know, decide how they feel about this stuff. Let's see here at some of the headlines here. Yeah, well let me do that. I'm just looking up at the clock here, all right. Well, actually, hold on, So here's Ril from two thousand and eight. This is when John McCain went down there. I remember John McCain was, you know, positioning to be the next president at that time. But Wril dutifully followed his trip down to New Orleans, placing as much blame as he could on Republicans and then obviously obviously it uh, you know, it's stuck. So you know what, I don't want to hear this garbage. Some of you have have sent emails You're just say, why don't we wait for this? No? No, I'm not going to you know why, because this is going to propel some of these things forward. And I also I need to know why the media was so willing to sit there in a duck boat with Anderson Cooper and decide that this is the reality of things on the ground. And now don't listen to the local citizens because their liars is what I hear. So we'll get into more of this coming up. Hang on. You know, normally on Monday I talk about let's see, oh yeah, the the Vikings going and conquering the UK. That's if you went over there, right, you're in charge. I'm not sure how that works, but but no, I've just been and even this morning, I'm sitting here and I'm reading up on this stuff and what I found incontrovertible. Among the opinions of this piece that former female director Brown wrote is he said one of his biggest regrets was not accommodating the media. And I told you what happened where during Katrina, they Cooper wants them to literally drive him around in a rescue boat, so Anderson Cooper he and his team can film and they said, no, the seats in there are for victims and we're doing a grid system. They were all explained. So he and a cameraman rented a boat and went to the place they knew was last the grid system. That was intentional, and they you know, they taught, they talked to this family and then yes, they did rescue them themselves, but it created this whole narrative and it just spun from there. So if the media is willing to inject themselves there, and I pulled the old stories, WRL within days was running stories about ineptitude within the federal response. Why didn't they evacuate him pointing the finger at George Bush. Never mind the fact that legally it would have been a constitutional violation of posse commatatis to actually forcially evacuate a city, which is they've they've tweaked the law now I'm not sure how, but they have that would allow them, and they went in a very ideological directive almost immediately while people quote unquote were literally still dying. So excuse me, I reject all of your little you know, your stories over the week. Oh, the real story is the misinformation that's floating around out there. Well, that's every natural disaster. That's unfortunately a component of things, and a lot of it is a component because people are scared, people are seeing their lives upended. So when somebody lives in a town in North Carolina and they're seeing stuff where FEMA is saying that they won't come out and inspect a home because there's a road closed sign, even though you the homeowner, pointing to your house down the road and saying and your vehicles are clearly there, and they're saying, well, we can't go there. People are going. And you can go ahead and make an argument why they shouldn't. Maybe the road's closed because it's not structurally sound. That's a good argument. But to sit the simply sit there and go all these people are lunatics or they're even if you don't think they're lunatics, you just say, well, they're scared. So what they're saying is not true. How are you dism missing thousands of first person accounts as misinformation? It's misinformation if I send a story to Ross that it turns out to not be true, right, and we're not up in it. People explaining their first hand accounts, and maybe you investigate and you find out that they weren't being truthful. But oh, by the way, Time magazine wasn't truthful about Michael Brown, and they got the whole thing ended up in congressional investigations, So don't give me this garbage. And you ran the very same articles touting what Time was saying. You know why because I can go back and look it up on the internet and I did. You were a purveyor of misinformation, So don't give me that garbage. And first person accounts of reporting were exactly what drove the very famous Anderson Cooper boat rescue story. And you were more than happy to dig into Trump over Puerto Rico. Well, the storm was still happening. So on the long list of institutions that are seemingly letting people down, throw yourselves on there anyone in this state, within within the within the media apparatus of this state that doesn't have doesn't ask themselves why are there so many days of just crickets within the federal response, Let's go ahead and dig into that, or why are thousands of people saying this thing that contradicts what the spokesperson for you know, for one of the government agencies is telling you in an interview room and does why does a local member of the legislature there's a reply I can't remember which one it was, who essentially put an email out saying Hey, you guys got to stop it. It's hampering relief effort. Explain to me how, and explain to me why a lone member, a Republican member of the North Carolina General Assembly, who on every every other day you think is literally satan in the way that you cover the legislature, right, you seethingly hate the Republicans. So why does one dude's Facebook post Trump everyone else? Is just because he's an elected official who you don't like anyway, And the answer is because it's making your team look bad. I'm going to give Harris credit. She went to Charlotte, and I'm damn glad she only went to Charlotte. I've told you how I feel about president presidential Okay, anyone who's going to require manipulating operations in a substantial manner doesn't need to be going to a disaster area. However, however, it did allow her to make another one of her stupid videos. Oh I just can't stand these. And if this woman gets elected, I feel like there's going to be four years or eight of these insane and you know the videos I'm talking about, right, it's where she's on a phone, she's not holding a phone, like a person who's ever used a phone, right, because there's two Like anybody's got a cell phone, which is all of you. How do you hold a phone to your ear if you're just talking by yourself. I'm literally doing the hand thing right now. You can't see it. Or if you put it on speaker, what do you do? You take the phone, you then put it out in front of you, maybe tip it up so the bottom of the phone is facing your mouth, depending on how loud it is, but you're staring at the screen almost as if you're reading it up close. That's how normal people do. She does this weird thing where it's like three inches off her ear but still on the side of her face. I don't understand it. And then what do they do? Whoever she's talking to on the phone and people I wish holds it like that. For audio, she's they're clearly not pulling. If you know, even if it's your first day in radio or your first day with ears, you know that the audio that you're hearing, and we'll play it for you is not being captured directly from the speaker at the base of her phone at a distance. So this whole thing is is very set up. And then whoever she's talking to on the phone, somehow, somehow has a camera crew and their side of it is. My question is did they actually tape that or is it like when we get spot loads where a client tapes their part first and then we gotta you gotta. That's the radio in me wondering like, is she even talking to her at that moment or are they just reading scripted lines and then they piece it together, which would almost be easier. So lo and behold, she calls the mayor of Ashville. Yep, calls Uh, let's see the mayor of Asheville. Was her name?
Speaker 3: Esther?
Speaker 1: Damn it? I just clicked off the story. Anyway, I'm gonna play the audio and I'll tell her name. So she calls the mayor of Ashville and we get treated to yet another one of these off word phone conversation things, complete with well, you know what, let's just go ahead and let you hear it for yourself, shall we?
Speaker 4: How are you doing? And I know that FEMA administrator Chris Well was with you, and there was some issue about some logjam around getting some of the food and water too. Has that been sorted out?
Speaker 5: The logistics were terrifically difficult because our highways were out.
Speaker 1: But we're we're seeing a lot.
Speaker 5: Of movement, all the effort coming in here, and the attention on helping us through this right now is growing and tremendous, and we're really appreciative, and I really appreciate you giving me a call.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, know that we want to do everything we can. And you know, I say, as a devout public servant, I know how bureaucracy can sometimes get in the way of speed. So please let everyone know if there are things that you need, if it's taken too long to get to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I appreciate that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, what are we doing now? At least you didn't laugh during it would have been inappropriate, But I didn't have to here what are we doing? And I would be critical of the mayor of Asheville sitting there and taking you know, even if it's just a few minutes, pacifying this insanity. But as I just explained to you, the greatest regret that Michael Brown said that he had, or one of the greatest, was not kissing the media's behind. Well, I think it goes doubly so for politicians after you saw the what Trent Lott, for the former senator from Mississippi, did to Michael Brown screaming at him and I mean screaming obscenities at him, and then commandeering a medical ship that would have serviced people off the coast of New Orleans so it could go over to Mississippi. So you know, if you're a local politician, you probably probably got to play that game too. But I just be it's so weird, man. And then you know, they put the video out and it's a cut screen and the whole thing is strange. And I understand that since she decided not to go to Asheville, which again, thank you, you kind of have to do it that way, but you can do a zoom call like a normal person instead of this weird edited thing. What was the staff time to put that together? I don't know. I just think it's so cringey, man, But maybe I'm a little biased. You can let me know, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. What did you do over the weekend? I want first persons to I don't want to hear that you heard from somebody because my argument, and it's going to be I'll take it to my deathbed. My argument is the media malfeasan's here to one not question those days, those gaps two. To sit there and simply decide that thousands of people, some of which are going to be absolutely untrue. I understand that, But thousands and thousands of people just use the hashtags on Twitter Hurricane Helene, Helene, there's a couple others like Helene twenty twenty four or something like that. Click them and look at them, and you tell me all those people are being untruthful because that's what you're saying in number three, and it can't be it can't be pointed out enough. The money because this I saw Dana Bash getting into it with. It was Laura Trump over the weekend and Lara Trump brings up the seven hundred roughly seven hundred million and spending on the migrant program that passed through FEMA, And what every single one of these journalists will jump up and say is they'll sit there and say, well, that's for the whole year, which is true. That's fine, that is true, but it's coupled with immediate assistance and there's tons of stories. Right, The amount of money that just went to the what was it, fifty migrants they dropped off on Martha's vineyard, the federal spending on that within that week far eclipse, the initial allocation of what one point seven million dollars. Just understand that. And the argument they'll make is, well, it's out of a different fund, right, So the FEMA fund has for hurricane victims, and then they have almost a new fund with allocated money that was is for migrant resettlement and everything else under the sun. But that's not how that works, right, That doesn't work in your household like that. But even if you go the whole Dave Ramsey envelopes thing, if you put all your money in one envelope, you don't have money for the other envelope. I mean, it's absolutely childish. Right. Let's say let's say that Let's say Ross's budget for his house is one thousand dollars we're going to be generous here per month, and he's got five hundred for food, and then he's got five hundred for medieval weapons. All right, because he doesn't budget or you know, someone arguing budgets, well, but he happens to be at I don't know the Renaissance fair, and he sees a claymore for one thousand dollars he's got to have, and he spends both. You can't make an argument that, well, he had a sword fund and he also had a food fund. He doesn't have food. I know that that is far less complex than the totality of really how FEMA operates, but it's a launching point to look into it, like how fast we're able to mobilize on some of this stuff. These are all valid questions, and they're not going to go away on this show, but you should. You should look at any media who would sit there and tell you that and just actively ignore this. With everything I provided, I'm encouraging you to go check the hashtags on Twitter, on Facebook, search out the terms and go and look and understand and the media outlets are telling you that those people are full of crap. And then I want you to Google reporting from Hurricane Katrina and from Trump's Puerto Rico thing, and I want you to look at the reporting. You can time search. You can go to Google and enter a time and dates and other other places like this or other search engines and put a span so if you want September two thousand and five too, you know, two thousand try to remember the exact date of Katrina. But the point is look at that window and then and then search it within ral you can search within a specific website. Go ahead, look at the flavor of the reporting there and understand how much you're being lied to by ignoring big portions of the story, and then don't do business with them. That's mostly for I guess that's probably more for people it spend money on advertising, But ask yourself that question gets raised here, why would you buy ads on this horrible radio show that's just so mean? Well evaluate it, and I would argue that when you start to evaluate things, you start to understand the level of rot that you're dealing with there. And remember a lot of times, getting the government to step up faster is to shame them. That is why the media exists. And if they feel that now they've lost media that's normally on their side, then maybe, just maybe they'll do their damn jobs. That's my hope. Anyway. Six point fifty hang on, do you all see the penalty they put on Josh Down's all right? So this is he's a wide receiver for the Colts. I didn't realize they were doing this. So he gets his weird penalty. So they got a first down, and he did the thing where he's pointing two fingers but ones behind the they're so in a way, it kind of looks like you're holding a rifle. But it's the thing you've seen people first down. You've seen people throw since I don't know the advent of football. And he gets a penalty for it, and so I was I'm wondering, what's up with this? So apparently the NFL is cracking down on any celebrations that mimic anything havy to do with weapons, which include arrows. By the way, it's literally they literally use the word arrow. So just if you thought they couldn't get any more ridiculous, they can. And there it is. At least the Panthers players were nice enough to just fight each other with fisticuffs. That is a large amount of frustration down there. Man, Hold on, Hold on again, I'm logging for I. Look. I appreciate absolutely that it's a longtime friend that you trust out there, but it's more shameful if the media won't take first person accounts when they have been more than willing to in the past, or at the very least use them to explore stuff. Right, how is government malfeasance or ineptitude normally put out there somebody? It's not because the agency. Sometimes there's whistleblowers, but a lot of that seems politically motivated. A lot of times, it's enough people on the ground going this isn't working for us. And that has how we've seen wholesale change in the level of government in a bunch of different examples over the years. Right, you had enough people with the same bad shared experience that it eventually it started investigations. Sometimes they show graft and malfeasances. Sometimes they show people in a position that they shouldn't be in. But you got to get the ball roll in somehow. So it's just so damn embarrassing when you start digging into this stuff. And remember these were these are the very same groups who wouldn't even criticize Biden's clear, clear degenerative whatever's going on there, And then when it became too much to hide, they took it personally that it was now out there that they were clearly hiding at So I'm sorry if that doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me. But the people I feel the worst for are the people who truly need the help out there, who are dealing with some pretty Look, it's it's is it a unique situation? Sure, every single you know national one of these big emergencies is going to be because it's, you know, geographically unique. You get a storm aid because I saw people they're like, well, you know what, maybe maybe they should have evacuated. I'm like, evacuate what an eight hundred mile wide path that they didn't even know the totality of the path. Let's be very clear, right, because you got to evacuate befo for at the very least you should What do you mean by that? Evacuate western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee. How does that work? In North Georgia? Where do they go? Do you know how many people you're talking about spread over this year? So I recognize the uniqueness of it, if you'll recognize that, necessarily approaching it in the same way that we have in the past isn't necessarily the best way. But I think we can all sit here and evaluate how things are going now. Elon Musk said that they weren't getting starlink satellites. Why should I believe a local elected official who's got some skin in the game versus Elon Musk telling us firsthand the communications and showing us the communications he's having with his people on the ground who are trying to get starlink units in there. Why is he on troubled because he's Elon Musk And if we're the standard. Do you see the Stanford band during the during their game on Saturday did an Elon? They mocked Elon Musk, which is just crazy to me because I would think that Stanford's producing a lot of students who probably would be pretty good people to work for Elon who probably want nothing to do with that, by the way, with the band running around and doing their thing, But like that's where we are right now. So if Elon Musk says that they can't get starlink satellites in there so that people can access the website that they have to go to to apply for their the disaster relief, it's not the only way to do it, but it's literally the way that they put out recommending that people go to this website, and like this is no brainer. Stuff I saw one of the cell phone companies was you know, people were like, you canceled my service. I don't have access to any of my banking or stuff like that. And I'm sure there's more to it, right, because do they cut your service on the first day. I don't know, but it doesn't matter. And yes, I understand that there's a business thing there, but from a pr standpoint, it's stupid. What's double What's even worse though, is when people reach out or get somebody in this case, get somebody to reach out on their behalf, which the story. I saw this woman's mother, elderly mother, and she's like, yeah, so we need your mom to go to this website and go ahead. And because they have like a program for disaster, which I had, most people, I guess didn't know that. I didn't know that, And I'm not going to say the name of it, because again it's first person and you can find it really easy. And you're telling, well, if you want your phone that, even in a non disaster, telling somebody who just had what is probably their primary Internet accessibility point that they have to then go to the website to go ahead and figure it. That's weird. During a disaster that just comes across as you're not paying attention. So you know, there's a lot of these little things. Now, is it a one off and shoot you whole response with it? No, not necessarily, But when you start noticing a pattern, I think it's I think you have to ask questions. And instead the media is not asking questions. They're putting out articles titled you know, everybody's making stuff up and you need to stop doing that because you're hampering the rescue efforts. Screw you. It's not disputed even if you feel that you have justified reasons in many of the stories that I actually do see emerging of things like helicopter pilot totally can't even go rescue now his own son. We can't evaluate if your home is damaged because there's a road close sign. Did you know that that was the most effective? Look at all you idiots who bought security systems and guns and you know, motions or whatever. Did you know if you just simply had a road close sign, it's apparently inaccessible. Yeah, crazy stuff, but that's an actual story there. And then, but the headlines after the day lose the lies, misinformation and hoaxes cloud the recovery. Maybe some of the misinformation that's clouding the recovery is coming from I don't know the people in charge of it. Have you considered that? And when I say the people in charge, I don't necessarily mean the person on the ground helping commalus stuffed toiletries in a bag. Do you see that video? She's sitting there and it's like, here's a travel sized deodorant and a toothbrush and toothpaste. And don't get me wrong, if you lost everything and you're feeling, you know, just that nastiness around you, that's gonna be much appreciated. I'm just glad they had her doing that because she can do as little damage as possible there, Like maybe a bag gets two toothpaste, who the hell knows. Not a big problem. No, I'm talking about leadership, or a lack thereof. And that goes for the state of North Carolina. That goes for the federal government. That goes for local officials too. You know why, because you told the public you got them, We got you. Oh no, no, no, something happens. We have an emergency management agency, or we have a statewide agency, or even at the local level, disaster relief is something that is line eyed and budgeted on the preventive side, and then they, you know, try to get all the federal money to trickle down, but a lot of times they get it before. So like, your citizenry is expecting you to do this and you're not doing it, or maybe you are, but you got to look into it, and you can't just ask them now when there are literally thousands of people telling very similar stories about their frustration. And I totally recognize that some of that has to do with the fact that you're in the middle of a disaster and you're on edge, and you got to take some of it with a grain of salt. But some of the stuff's pretty simple. Got the helicopter rescuing people, you let him do it. If you have parameters where you want to, you know, from a let's go ahead and make sure that we're everyone safe. I understand then, But they didn't sound disagreeable to me. They just wanted to help. And if you're telling me that FEMA can't evaluate if a home has been essentially destroyed by the storm because they won't go around a road closed sign, how many disasters don't have road closed signs? Can you think of any large scale disasters over a geographic footprint? How many don't have road closed signs? You're telling me the thing hampering the ability to conduct this part of the relief effort can be thwarted by a closed road. How do you get anything done in any emergency? You're going to have to help me here, all right to the phones, Yes, Terry, what's up?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Tuned in when you were asking about the.
Speaker 1: On the ground. Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was in Spruce Pine where my sister and brother in law live. I took a chainsaw. She had two trees down in the yard when i'm his house and uh, I so, my wife and I spent all weekend there getting pretty sore doing that. So yeah, I'm not sure what your question is.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, I just so do you feel since you were up and I don't know if you just stay that your parents? Did you interact with any of the other folks around there in Spruce Pine? Because Spruce Priane was especially hard hit, and unfortunately Spruce Pine is also where one of the bigger conspiracy theories is because of the mining operations there. But what what was the general tenor when you talk to people, maybe the neighbors of the of your parents, and and like how do they feel things are going?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, not far from her house was a is a strip mall in that the parking lot was just absolutely full of the trucks with supplies, coolers, water, baby supplies, all that kind of stuff, as well as a bunch of cherry pickers and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, sir, people think I want to come on the radio and just trash on people, but I don't. I want that. Right. If the means to the end is me being perceived as a jerk, that's fine, because that's what I want. I want the pee And I've been to Spruce Pines, lovely lotd I love the mountains man, and like so many of them. I want people in there, in these tight knit communities to know that we got their back and the rest of the state, and I'd hope they have ours. And so the ability to carry that out, even if you have to shame people would stand in the way because my authority that kind of thing. I'm willing to do that here, and I'm glad to hear that that was the case in Spruce Pine, and maybe they took enough grief that they backed off in some of these areas. I don't know, but I think the media should want to find out. And I'm glad that in your parents' case that was helping. So you got the trees, so their house is their house going to be okay? I mean other than so you said a tree fell.
Speaker 6: On it, right, it was. It was more minor damage. I mean it was a lot worse, but uh not not to their house.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they were awesome. I'm pretty lucky that awesome. But you understand what I mean. I mean it could have been a lot worse, and they're safe, physically safe. So I mean that's that's what you asked for there. All right, Well, Terry, I appreciate it. Okay, thank your Yeah, I mean that's what I'm looking for. I don't again, I don't set out to be a jerk, but I'll use I'll use this platform if I think that it will benefit uh, you know, people up there and need help. I could go I go to Charlotte and stuff toothpaste and deodorant into bags. Or I could use the multi station blowtorch that is this show. I think we'll do that, and uh, I wish the rest of the media would also start asking questions.
Speaker 7: Jamal, go right ahead, Jasey, stopped calling yourself a jerk, because what you're doing is being true. I am watching the same people pull the same crap they pulled in twenty twenty, saying, oh, the laptop was faith information. Now we got the government agency coming out telling us the same thing they did to the people in Springfield, Ohio. Don't believe the people who are they're telling you it's going on. Believe the government because we don't have an agenda to get this tackling Heffer elected. I mean, it's just down like this, just down like pathetic. Now case they keep setting up here saying, oh, it's misinformation, it's misinformation. Just believe the information from us. You people don't have the credibility to tell us to come to y'all. They don't have the credibility. And I'm sicking time of these sensified one tech Republicans. I don't know who Republican that was. They came out and get well they're doing but no, they're not. I remember when Hartane could gonna happen. First thing they were saying, or Shang came there, six things because we're like, hey, I want to read Hilton getting in there.
Speaker 8: He didn't care.
Speaker 7: About black people like black people are the only one was in New Orleans. Well, why aren't people saying Pamala Harris didn't care about those white ruled people up there because she didn't come out there?
Speaker 9: To me?
Speaker 1: Also say that Aca she not the president. She basically is, but she's not. Okay, So I just want to be a montly clear. Yes, you have to share the blame there. Biden doesn't need to escape this. He's yes, I understand that part of her job description is to provide some oversight on FEMA, and it's it's somewhat tenuous, but ultimately, you know, there's enough blame to go around here. And uh, frankly, if she's gonna sit here and point to the last four years as you know what qualifies her, then you should look at her mentor So I'm with you. Let me let me tell you this, Jamal, and I got I got a roll. Here's why I like your calls. I just made breakfast and you're the only caller I can actively eat while you're talking because I know you're not gonna stop, so I can't keep my breakfast. Well, I got you all right, I gotta go, I gotta go. Ah is that selfish? You're damn right it is, But I don't know. I'm just hungry this morning. All right, let me slip one more call in. We'll want to get all three and Donna go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Casey, Good morning.
Speaker 9: A couple of things. First, to Patriots Toilette Stadium.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be able to celebrate anymore with their muskets.
Speaker 7: I guess uh it.
Speaker 1: Again, I have no idea, but that would require you guys to win.
Speaker 7: So true.
Speaker 3: So I don't see anyone in the media investigating whether or not distribution to these places through through FEMA are using their equity model.
Speaker 1: I I don't know, and but I will tell you that it will be interesting. I think that's something that will be more a pair in the post mortem.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I mean because yesterday they had a preparedness meeting.
Speaker 1: No, here's it. So don I knew who you're going with this that is it's actually not a preparedness meeting. It's from last year. Now, don't get me wrong. It is clearly it is clearly FEMA members and some other other organizations who are sitting there and having a conversation about such a thing. But it was part of a symposium basically okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, but still it shows you where the mindset's at. So I think it's you know.
Speaker 9: The.
Speaker 1: Well, but it's also a slice of folks that are in there. So the real question, and I got a role, the real question is are they going to do something like that? Are they going to prioritize based on and then pick it a mutable characteristic as they say? And I don't know the answer to that. But we'll keep watching and we'll be back that we actually we have a guest, so that'll be coming up eight oh five. We're going to be talking from the Trump campaign. I just want to be very clear identifiable here that this is this is a campaign person, so in this case from the Comm's office. But the point is the point is that we're going to go ahead and dive into I guess, I guess where their perception is. I'm also curious too, as we said, I haven't has Trump. I know that Trump's talked about it at his butler, his butler pa stop with Elon Musk, which was kind of what was it? Eight million people in the middle of the afternoon, in the middle of the weekend, with college sports back on, still took the time to go ahead and tune in for that. I was kind of impressive, actually, so you know, I just wanted to throw that out there. So, look, I understand that he's touched on it. I don't know that he's been as aggressive as I thought he was gonna be, though, I guess it's kind of my point. So anyway, so we're gonna chat with Caroline leave Itt uh Levitt. I think it's maybe levet or leave It. I don't even how to pronounce it, so ROSS have to clarify that for me. She's the National Press Secretary, right, so she's the she's in charge of all of the relationships there, obviously with members of the media. So we'll chat with her coming up at eight oh five, And yeah, we're gonna talk about this. I want to talk about the Puerto Rico thing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I mentioned the Puerto Rico thing, and then I pulled the stuff from Katrina. The thing that was so wild about Puerto Rico is where we're told this is not political. Do you remember the mayor of San Juan uh Cruz, what was her name, Carmen, Yeah, it was Carmen Cruz. I thought Cecilia. Yeah, Carmen Cruz. And you remember she was she was essentially the anti Trump for all the media coverage. They had her out there and she made she literally did the Kanye thing. I don't know if you guys remember that she did the Donald Trump in this case, he hates brown people. What she actually said is if we were Anglos, this wouldn't be an issue. Now you can sit there and you can sit there and evaluate the job that Trump did. Arguably, it's a little more difficult because you're dealing See, you're dealing with a government that has had a lot of issues over the years with graft, corruption, misallocation of funds, and for a while they were trying to they were trying to point out that Cruz had something to do with that. But they had something Puerto Rico called the Telega telegram scandal, and basically they found out that a bunch of politicians at the I guess that at the national level, but I guess their governors will be at the state level of Puerto Rico. However you want to describe it. There was some funny business there and there was no intellectual curiosity on the part of the me because she was the pitbull fighting Trump to really go down that road. Not right away. Eventually it got too much. Some the telegram or the communications. There was a bunch of like chat logs that leaked, and it was the whole thing, and it was pretty clear that those funds were being thefted upon. Now, don't get me wrong, obviously, whenever we have an emergency, people will come out. You saw what was going on during COVID. It's will never know the full scope of it. But like examples included like a guy in North Carolina was arrested for creating a bunch of fake companies. They were all named after Lord. It was it Lord of the Ring. No, it was Game of Thrones characters or something like that. It was just the audacity was incredible. Some guy in Charlotte. But these are government officials. And eventually before the dust settled, now Cruz who was then brought into like the membership guy. They brought her into like some Democrat convention things so she could trash on Trump. The whole thing was crazy, man. But it turns out like one of her relatives, her brother or something, and then the Education Secretary and a handful of others. Man, they were just they were creating fake no bid contracts and then not doing the work and just siphoning dollars. It went on for a while, so you know, you could you can tell, you can tell real quickly where the interest lies and where it doesn't. And all you have to do is look at the post mortem once we actually know some more stuff, and I will tell you that if FEMA went out and the National Guard went out, and the true mobilization by Biden went out and they made a material positive impact and we're doing the best they can, I will be the first to sit here and tell you that that's it's that would be a good thing for me to be wrong about. At this point, I'm really really suspicious, except there's a few stories which I believe we have the truth on and frankly they should spur other inquiries. But it would be good to go down that road. And if I am wrong, then it means that the citizens of North Carolina, in western North Carolina got they got the help that they needed, or at the very least that we could muster. Because we're all human, we're all fallible. Okay, I will be glad to be wrong on that, and I'll eat the crow, because the crow in this case means, you know, people's lives got saved. But I don't think I am, or at the very least, I don't think you convinced me that I should even think that I am. And this isn't about because this is what they'll do. They'll come out and they'll be like, yeah, you guys are conspiracy theories. You think they got a weather machine and they were steering hurricanes over red areas? All right, well, I haven't seen any evidence of that. But what about the person who just wanted their home evaluated and you told them to call you and then they looked at a road close sign and wouldn't proceed two hundred yards on the road in Back Cave. You know how big the city of Back Cave is. It's a postage stamp man. Do you know the people in Back Cave? I've seen this that literally the leadership there is basically said they don't have FEMA in there anymore, and their law enforcement has been supplemented by like Louisiana State troopers. I was looking at some of the photos and they have photos and they're explaining this story, and I don't think these people are wrong. Everything they've said makes sense and they've got receipts, so we'll see. But again, I don't believe that I am. So there's that. Meanwhile, there's something behind the scenes that's really crazy going on, but you can't you can't convince me otherwise. Okay, Joe Biden is or people around him. It's there's some really petty stuff going on, but like deliciously petty. Do you know what I'm saying? Right? I know that that's a turn that gets it. It's a button turn that gets used on a lot of the YouTube gossip things. Oh yeah, petty, petty, This dude, this is this is side eye smile while they're stabbing you in the back, petty. So, I don't know if you realize that as Kamala was getting ready to do her thing in North Carolina, a crazy thing happened. You ready for this, so excuse me, Joe Biden decided, for the first time, I want to say, in what two years, maybe even more than that, stroll at the moment she's getting ready to do her thing, strolled into the White House press room and I mean during the general I don't mean with a setup press conference like him walking in during during a presser with Jean Pierre is something that we haven't seen in forever, and it's pretty obvious. Why So she's she's got her political rally on Friday, she's getting ready to, you know, talk about how how great everything is. And at that very moment that's going on and TV stations are literally switching to coverage. CNN was actively promoting and getting ready to switch coverage to Harris when from the press or like, all right, a few minutes, we're gonna go to Kamala Harris, who's having a rally, blah blah blah. And at the moment before they do it, Joe Biden strolled in. Well, now you can't cut away. You're there for whatever this thing's gonna be. And some see this as not an accident. And then what he said, what he said, Well that's even that's even crazier because basically he comes in and he's like, yeah, so, hey, I hope everything's going great. By the way, every thing we've done has basically been her, right, She's she's she's been a very big part. She's helped us make all these decisions. Quote, I'm in constant contact with her. We're singing from the same song sheet she helped pass all the laws that are being employed. Now, these are actual phrases that he uttered. Do you think because this is what I do you think that that is? Honestly, if it's intentional on Biden's part to kneecap after he feels he was kneecapped, that would be petty, but it would also be politics. But if he concocted this plan to literally overshadow her, and this isn't the first time this has happened, or he's made the statements where he's like, oh no, all the stuff you hate, she helped think of it like that would be the biggest and best argument that he's not cognitively declined. Do you know what I'm saying, Because he made that decision, I don't know how to read it other than that because he's not helping with that stuff, that's not helpful her campaign, people must lose their minds and yet, and then to do it right on top of when she's about to get all this free pub or it's people around him doing it because they feel that, you know, they're out of a job. Who the hell knows. But during the press briefing, Biden destroyed any notion that Harris was not in on these decisions. So what do you do if you're Harris? Do you start to figure out a way you can say that it's not true and then throw him under the buck. Because here's the deal. If he came out, this is my opinion, if he came out and just held a press conference and he's like, she's alone, right, I don't even talk to her because every time I do, she says something crazy. If Biden did that to ultimately throw her under the bus, I think they would twenty fifth Amendment. This guy tomorrow, go ahead, tell me I'm wrong tomorrow. They might not even wait till tomorrow. I might do it that day. Who the hell knows. This man's a lunatic seeing these things, So he's got to be he's got to be a little there's got to be subterfused there. I don't know. It's just I love a good little behind the scenes conspiracy kind of thing, and maybe that's the case. All right, let's get rased agic from the weather channels are a little late hitting you this morning, sir, and I don't want to have this conversation that we're gonna help to have. I don't want to have it. No, this one, Milton, and what Florida is getting ready for. And no, I don't want to have to have this. But we have to have it, So let's talk about it. Yeah, we do, Milton.
Speaker 10: They just put out a special statement now one twenty CAT three one and twenty mile per hour maximum sustained wins. Now, the differences between this and Helene coming in at a different angle, and right now it looks like a different area, at least for the center. As the five am update, Hurricane Center has Sarasota as where the center crosses as a major hurricane, but still could be record breaking and up to twelve foot or higher Serve Tampa Bay, Clearwater, Saint Pete and down toward Port Charlotte. So everybody I think of south of the areas that got hit hardest by Helene should be making preparations and wrapping them up soon for a major hurricane once again.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there will be impacts elsewhere, obviously away from the center, including those areas still cleaning up from Helene around the Big Bend.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 10: I'd say I got some outside concern for the coastal Carolinas if it's not just beach erosion and rough surf. The American Medal has been trying to keep the center a little further north than the rest of the guide, and so we'll see if that means anything later in the week for the southeast coast, places like Jacksonville and Tybee Island and southeast Georgia, maybe the coast of the Carolinas. We'll see if the tropical storm conditions get that far north. Other than that, we're really in good shape. Lots of high pressure, casey next several days the rest of the week, look at it sun and load of mid seventies for most of US. Overnight lows could get to the forties by midwekend beyond, so I really don't see a lot changing around here. Hopefully it stays that way, and the forecast looks try and sunny, maybe even through the weekend, getting back up near eighty degrees after a day today where we're close to eighty. So enjoy the dry weather and enjoy the sunshine, and uh, we'll hope for the best for those in Florida, right now look like they'll be most significantly impacted by Milton.
Speaker 1: Uh did you watch the game?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: I did not?
Speaker 10: I was busy this weekend.
Speaker 1: This lazy raised team is they don't even start for an hour and a half.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they had the rain delay. I was like, I woke up and they were still in it. I woke up, believe it or not, and I saw the I saw the game.
Speaker 1: When irritate you more than the average fan, because you're just like you probably look at the doctor. You're like, play was he's yeah, yeah, what do you did?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 1: All right? Honestly the game was pretty boring for the first half, but was it? Yeah, cowgirl, that sounds what are you gonna do? All right? No Vikings, Yeah, don't, don't, don't Cursey, just go away now, all right, we'll talk in an hour. Appreciate it. Yeah, first thing Ros said to me this morning, I don't want to hear it. Don't want to hear it. All right, we'll come back again. We'll chat coming up here in just a few minutes with the Press secretary for the Trump campaign, that is Caroline Lovett, and we'll get some insight into you know, with the president's up to right now, how the rally and Butler went obviously, and the Elon mus stuff, and then what the Trump campaign, because look, they're hearing and they're talking with people about what's going on in North Carolina, and I want to hear the Trump campaign described to me. And I think that many of you have already send me email they're like, watch out. She's very sharp. She is very sharp. So I think that she's in a position to really do a good job of explaining what specifically a Trump presidency would have done different than this. And so we'll pose that question coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. Two days ago, three days no, what was sorry my brain man. He held in Faydeville. He held a town hall down there. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, so that was sadderday. And then Harris visited there next day. Okay, all right, so you know, and he talked obviously a lot about you know, what was what's going on with FEMA and all the rest of that. So well, we're gonna deep dive into that. I can't pass this up though, because it's just so impressive and its stupidity. How many of you have ever tried to smuggle drugs through an airport. Hopefully none of you. But if you have, or if you're thinking about it, this is the worst way to do it. So the bar is now lower. A man in Philadelphia was arrested after a he went through the scanner there and I don't know if you know this, and maybe he didn't. That scanner can like see if you've got stuff in your prison wallet, and not just metallics but like other stuff, and so lo and behold they you know this guy, They see, hey, what is that? And sure enough, out of his growing area as it's described. But I'll let you figure out what they mean. They found a shotgun shell, which is problematic enough. They don't really like it when you bring ammo through. But the shotgun shell had been opened, the pellets and the powder and primer taken out of there and filled with meth and it was then shut and like sealed back up, so it looks like an untampered shotgun shell. What do you do, sir, even if there's no meth in it. You're getting arrested. You realize that, right, And a bunch of different people they're talking to, so hopefully she'll be along here in just a few minutes, and I just want it was Friday was the Trump thing. Friday was the Fayetteville town Hall, and then obviously Butler, PA was then into the weekend. But you know, in the Favale thing, obviously a big point of discussion was what's going on from a rescue efforts standpoint, So we'll get into that. You know, one of the other things I wanted to bring to your attention because obviously as you look through especially the mountains of North Carolina, there are there are varying degrees of devastation, right, that's just the reality of a storm like this. And you know, Ashville obviously has the highest population of any of the cities in the mountains, and they have the most casualties. I believe it's what seventy seven in North Carolina, or excuse me, seventy seven in Ashville, and they represent about half a little less than half of the total deaths in North Carolina. So I understand why there's a lot of focus there. But it's a lot of small towns, man, And there are a lot of small towns that frankly are getting ready to run headlong into the you know, the fall season, which I'm sure anyone who's been in North Carolina for five minutes Nose is an absolute economic powerhouse for many of the communities in western North Carolina, any of them that are near the Blue Ridge Parkway. And now I'm seeing reports and again I don't know how these whether these numbers will work or not. I just happened to check out where I like to go, which is Price, the Julian Price Campground there, which is just north to Blowing Rock on the Blue Ridge. They got nice, they got great camping facilities there. You can get lakeside fishing. Actually I shouldn't have said that, because now you guys will compete, but you can get you can camp on the lake side of the Blue Ridge or on the other side where they have the main stuff, and it's it's awesome. And then of course you've got everything that Blowing Rock and Boone has to offer there and that portion of the Blue Ridge. Currently they're saying it won't open until late December. So you know, these are impacts that will last a very long time. I can't imagine financially what it means to communities like Blowing Rock and Lynnville, and you know, pick your poison along the Blue Ridge Parkway. What it's going to mean up and ahead of the costs they're being incurred with the cleanup right now, it's going to be it's blow you guys, been to blowing rock? When the when the the leaves are in their primary color change, good luck. It's like trying to get in and out of a of a like a wolf pack or a unc or a wake forest game. It's it's crazy, man, But that's you know, that's the reality there. So you want to put a number to what that means. It's pretty substantial. And it's not to say that people won't go there and they don't have to get on the Blue Ridge, but that's kind of the thing for a lot of people. How many of you have done a trip, a two city trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway, And if you have it, you should, right. I've taken I've taken an entire week off in the past and basically went all the way from down south of Ashville all the way up into Virginia and stopped along the way in uh, you know, and tried to stay in some of the little towns and just kind of soak it all up. I think it's amazing doing some fishing on the way all of that, and it will hamper their economies in the fall. And as we're basically already in the fall obviously, but when you really get into the prime, and frankly, there's also the part where you've got to have trees for leaves to change. And in some areas you've seen the pictures. Now, I was telling you about the story of one community, the town of Batcave, which I guess if you don't know where that is, it's like five minutes from Chimney Rock, just further towards Ashville. So if you're taking that highway up towards Ashville and you keep coming down the mountain, you go through back Cave and then you're in Chimney Rock there and eventually you hit Lake Lure. And so there was a there was this piece from the New York Post over the weekend, FEMA abandons devastated North Carolina town residents because they can't drive around a road, clothes sign, nobody's quote, nobody's bringing in supplies except civilians. That sounds like somebody pointed out on the social media, it sounds like a Babylon b headline. You were thwarted by a road close sign? How prevalent a road close signs in a hurricane after a hurricane has passed through, and there's a difference between roads gone right and roads closed because there's a lot of trees down. Yes, there is a safety issue there, but you're also dealing with people, especially when you get into the members. So do you think the members of the military that there's sending up there? Now, maybe they're not. The MOS isn't what everyone likes. But I don't know if you know this. They have some vehicles that are kind of better than you for your Honda Civic. Okay, they can get around stuff through stuff like they have the technology. You're telling me that they couldn't facilitate the ability for people in that cave to be able to avail themselves of these programs because remember they got to go look at the house. Chelsea Atkins thirty eight, being interviewed here by the Post. FEMA called me and told me they wanted to inspect my house. Okay, understandable, right, you gotta do that because there's fraud out there. But when they showed up, she says, well, we're not allowed to go there. She told them quote, you can drive it fine, you just have to drive around the road clothes sign. They said that they could not do it. The article goes on. Left to fend for themselves, back Cave residents banded together, opening the roads and starting the arduous work of cleanup and recovery. Residents told resident people who live their first person, so you can see, I guess you can call all these people liars if you want. First person residents told them that they don't need FEMA now, and at this point they don't even want the disaster relief agency to come. And by the way, if you go look on a map to bat Cave right now, you can. You can approach it from the Charlotte's Are, from the Lake Lewer side, all three roads. I guess it kind of sits at an angle the roads there, but north, south and west you can't drive. Back Cave is the end of the road for all practical purposes right now. So you can get to bat Cave. This not be an issue. But they said we don't want them. Well. The second elderly residents of bat Cave have been airlifted to safety. Those left behind have seen virtually no sign of government agencies save for a handful of Louisiana State Police troopers which I told you about, who are quote keeping an eye on everything, though the intermittent were military. Chinook helicopters buzzing overhead serves as a reminder that people in the devastated west of the state are getting help, but not in back cave. Department of Transportation arrived to help, although they were grateful for the assist when it finally arrived. Did you guys see I know some of you saw this because a bunch of you sent me emails on this. Did you all see the Did you see the convoy of Walmart trucks with the police escort headed up that direction? I saw us with some folks in the triad were sending me this stuff. I guess it's good to be a preferred vendor. But also, why don't you put Walmart in charge of this? I don't know if you know this. They're pretty good at getting stuff places A slightly tongue in cheek, but not really. Why is it? Why?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: And again, the the police escort is what kills me there. I'm good, by the way, I'm not, but it's like, so if I should so, if any of you have had trouble dropping off supplies, you should probably put a Walmart logo on the side of your truck man right let you ride through. And it is these intermittent, these differences, this this feeling that some are receiving more aid than others, that absolutely are going to occur to people. And it's not always accurate. Sometimes it's it's just it's because it's perception, right, But in this case, but in this case, it's like why why why don't you, uh, why don't you at least look into it? And that has been what has been very frustrating to us. So all right, let me do that. I guess I guess we're not going to have our guests. They're not off to a very good start, because this is the kind of stuff where I'm like, well, I'm not going to book people through you if they're not going to show up. So maybe that's where we find ourselves. Or maybe she works for FEMA. I know, I'm just kidding. All right, slightly, Let's grab a quick phone call here, Joe Anne, go right, Oh, hold on, just a second, what did I just do?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 1: We go, all right, Joe Anne, go right ahead, what's up?
Speaker 9: Heyk see first battle. Prayers and love and hugs to everybody in our high country who's suffering some much right now. What I wanted to tell you about is I've been on this since day one, working through my social media on Facebook and Twitter, and I had a couple Facebook friends reach out to me yesterday and they had driven all night up to western North Carolina. I had heavy equipment and supplies. And when they got there, let me just tell you that they ended up not being able to help anybody. And I went from one contact point, well, I would go to one place. I said, basically, what it was is a cluster. You know what they said, nobody knows what anybody else is getting.
Speaker 1: And let me say this, I again every time I criticized this, I also point out arguments that could be made, but they're not even making the arguments, you know what I'm saying, Like you didn't want to drive around that road closed to they could simply say that it might be closed for structural reasons and you shouldn't be driving on it. Either let's facilitate this outside or maybe we'll walk to it if it's close enough, Like there are solutions.
Speaker 9: It's not even nice charge.
Speaker 1: When there's nobody in charge, it's your your screwtiny.
Speaker 9: The start, so they're not communicating. But the big thing is is two things. Number one, city officials and contact points head addresses of people who were either missing or had called for help and had not been reached in right and quote quote FEMA would not allow them to give it to any of the people that were there to help with search and rescue, had the ability and had the equipment to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they had. The other thing was devil's advocate here, Maybe they had a list, because I could understand if you have a list. But to your point, this is a very unique thing. Because of the sheer size of the footprint of the devastation, there is also there is always a segment of quote uncontacted. There's missing, confirmed missing, and then there's uncontacted. And that list of uncontacted has to be ungodly large just because you're dealing with so much moss.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, so why would you not give the addresses and the locations to the people who are there willing to help with the equipment and the knowledge and let them help you get to those people. The other thing is they what they did the other thing is is what they did do would send them on dead end jobs. So when they did send them somewhere, they got there to find out that the job had already been completed and they weren't even they didn't even have the knowledge of that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's a strung indment of that. There's nobody who's there. They don't have a firm grasp on handling this. Yeah, that's that's very true.
Speaker 9: I want to offer you something if I could, I would like to give ross my Facebook page. The first who puts on my Facebook page have their testimony, also the testimony of a woman who lives there who was interviewed that it is the stuff is unreal, and she's she's a trusted residence, she has a business there, and it is, it is unreal, the stuff that's.
Speaker 1: Going on up there.
Speaker 9: And we have to know, you got's advocate and all that.
Speaker 1: What's what's unreal is that I'm supposed to approach it with the higher probability that that woman is lying versus folks from d C who strolled in days later. That's what exactly, YEA, how I'm supposed to count balance that? And I'm sorry, I'm not going to do it. So all right, Joe, I think you actually emailed me earlier, didn't you? Or you posted on so you tagged it, but I can yeah, go ahead and eat you. Yeah, okay, email it. That's the easiest way. It's k C O D e A at iHeartMedia dot com.
Speaker 9: So okay, all right, all on the the e A one.
Speaker 1: Word, right, yeah, k C O D e A those six letters at iHeartMedia dot com. Because I'm just creating a big folder. But I'm keeping on this stuff and uh we'll go from there. Okay, Joanne, thank you so much for the call. I do appreciate it. Real quick, Preston's got about a minute.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, I just returned from Benaudsville and just got last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say that the true heroes on the ground is the local fire department and US people who are donating the goods. Samon Red Calls was absolutely unseen and unheard of in these mountains, in the smaller tails.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt it. Although I guess my question is what are what are residents in those town being told to do to avail themselves of things? Are they sending them notifications. Are they putting flyers out? I mean, how do those folks know who to get in contact with? In in in your experience.
Speaker 11: So as far as I can tail, they're only reaching out to each other. They're all posting up flyers of missing. They got names and lists hanging up at the fire department.
Speaker 2: Okay, these names missing and the dead ones is much longer than what's being reported on the national news.
Speaker 1: Well, I think with the missing, I think with the missing and or uncontacted, we don't have a firm number because again, the geography you're dealing with. So I agree with you. I don't think yeah, yeah, these numbers aren't done growing, sir. I don't disagree with you at all. Press and I got to go to break, but I appreciate you sharing your experience there. Yeah, I mean, this is the kind of thing where you could you could find as sad as this is to say, you could find bodies months later, depending on you know, how remote an area is. And remember we had deaths from Mecklenburg County to ash County. Check the map, do the math. That is a huge swath of land. All Right, we got to take a break. We'll be right back like I said, a lot of times, when they sit there and they set these things up, they look like twenty interviews in a row, which frankly I gotta jump off of throw myself out a window. I had to talk to twenty of me in a day. But you know, that's the gig they signed up for, and so you know sometimes it runs over. All right, it looks like we got a call coming in, so yeah, we'll go ahead and rock and roll on this because I got a lot of questions, man, a lot of questions, and both about North Carolina and a few other things. So all right, were ready to rock and roll there? Ross all right, here we go. All right, so let's go ahead and get things rolling. Here. This is the She is the twenty twenty four National Press Secretary for Donald Trump. Cut her teeth coming up through like the intern stuff within the White House. So this has been her life, her adult life. So let's go ahead and if I can get the correct button here locome in Caroline Levitt, Good morning to you. How are you doing today?
Speaker 8: I'm doing well, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey do you do you travel with the president when he's out doing his rallies? You get to I do. Yes, indeed, Okay, that's good because I want to. I want to. I want to talk about what you're seeing out there. First, Let's start Friday. The President was in Fayetteville, or the former president was in Fayetteville. I think four thousand people showed up. And how did that event go? And what is it that people when I mean, obviously Trump's going to talk about what he wants to talk about. Hopefully he listens to, you know, folks like you, but a lot of it's going to be queued off the reaction he's getting from people I've noticed. So what was the reaction there in Fayetteville and what were the conversations.
Speaker 8: Well, Fayetteville was fantastic. It was a great crowd. We went to Fayetteville after going to Georgia to tour the hurricane damage. And we understand first of all that North Carolina has been hit so incredibly hard by Hurricane Helen, and our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the state. I understand your radio station is not in the direct devastation was lefttern North Carolina, but still wanted to say that. So the President made his way to Faydville, spoke about the hurricane at the top. But the event was a town hall for veterans, focused on veterans' issues, and he took questions directly from voters. I think about ten questions from different people in the crowd, many of whom were veterans themselves, asking about how he's going to help them in a second administration. It was a great event. The cloud was very warm, very excited to see the president. In fact, at one point, an older gentleman stood up and offered his purple heart to President Trump. It was an amazing moment. There are e clips of it now on our social media, but I mean, there was not a dry eye in the room when this veteran who honorably served gave his surful heart to President Trump. And he said he did so after seeing or he wanted to do so, after seeing President Trump stand up and put a fist in the air and say fight, fight, fight after taking a bullet to the ear. And it was just a really special moment. We see these out on the campaign, Joe everywhere we go from say Atville, North Carolina, to Scranton, Pennsylvania, to Wisconsin and Michigan. Cousin Trump was in Wisconsin yesterday. So I think the American people are ready for real leadership, especially in the wake of all these crises we see currently with Kamala Harris and Joe Biden in the White House.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine the difficulty of your job versus others who've held your position because of the way that the media interacts with him. I mean, there's probably a headline saying he stole some guy's purple heart. If I did, but where Here's where the rubber meets the road in North Carolina. What frustrates me is that I'm that I'm being told that I should I should put all of my trust in a statement from a government official who I don't know, or I should disregard these thousands, and I mean thousands of social media posts of people explaining their own experience. And you guys ran in that. You guys ran into this when Trump was in the White House. Puerto Rico is a good example, and like anything after, the post mortem is always much more fascinating and much less covered. And we can get into Puerto Rico stuff, but that's not what we're here for. The fact remains that people are going to talk about what they perceive and Michael Brown, even though he is Forboden to speak of there in DC, he got a raw deal. But he said something one time, and that was, if you can't explain in one sentence who's in charge, nobody's in charge. So how do you go through your day dealing with the media that is clearly biased in the way that they're approaching things. What advice would you give to people in North Carolina who are dealing with the same thing, because that's right.
Speaker 8: Look, one hundred percent, we see this. I see this in my job every single day. I mean I could write an entire book and all of the instances I've seen from the fake news media either twisting President Trump's words, coming up with their own narrative. I mean they come to us, you know, with stories that they want to write, divide them with facts and data, and they still move forward with their story that is completely false. And it's such a disservice to the American publics who just wants honest information, especially in these times of crises. And you see the media is actually working over time right now not to criticize the current leadership that has been a total failure from coming from the White House and from FEMA and from the federal government. And to your point, how do we know that when we listen to our federl Americans on the ground, we listen to the fact that they've said they have not seen they didn't see a FEMA truck for the first seven days of this crisis. You hear them saying, how you know, other locals from other areas in North Carolina and elsewhere across the country, we're trying to come to bring water, to bring supplies, and the federal government once they set up, we're actually turning those people away and threatening to jail them for trying to supply our fellow Americans who are in a desperate time of need. You know, we will take President Trump and this team. We will take the words of the American people over the fake news every day of the week. It's the same thing that happened in Springfield, Ohio. Right President Trump and Senator Events. We're calling into attention to what the concerns residents have had on the ground there for months, and they've been going to their city council meeting and they've been talking about the loss of life in their community because of illegal migrants. This town got twenty thousand illegal immigrants from Haiti just dumped on them, and nobody cares, nobody listens to them until President Trump brings it up. And then what does the media do. They lie about his words, They twist what he's saying, They take him out of context, and they demean the people who are hurting and suffering in these communities. And it's such a shame. You know, North Carolina right now is in a dire situation, as you know better than I. We have another hurricane now barreling towards Florida. FEMA has been wiped out in may Or has said that himself. Why because FEEMA has spent more than one billion dollars on illegal immigrant housing, transportation and free food and debit cards for illegal people, and now we don't have enough resources to take care of our own citizens. And rather than criticize that, the media is trying to say, we are lying about that fact, even though the media themselves have covered the fact that FEMA has spent all this money on the migrant crisis. It's just unbelievable. You can't trust anything they say. And so our I guess you asked My message to folks on the ground is don't believe the media. Listen to yourself, what you see happening taking place in your community, and continue to speak out. And social media is the most powerful way to do that right now, especially X where free speech is actually allowed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wouldn't be attacking it as hard as I saw Hillary Clinton over the weekend. I don't know why they still stick a microphone in her face. She basically says social media is going to be the end of us because they can't control it. Two quick questions for and I'll let you go. Please tell me what Trump would have done differently in those first few days, and be specific I because I'm sure you guys have had this conversation.
Speaker 8: Well, he certainly wouldn't have been on the beach like Joe Biden, and he certainly wouldn't have continued with Ris the fundraisers in San Francisco like Kamala Harris. What he would have done is immediately activated the eighty second airborne out of Fort Liberty of course, for Bragg. Fort Bragg, as you know, is just a few hours away from where the devastation took place. And Kamala Harris and Joe Biden waited a week to deploy them. President Trump would have done that immediately. FEMA would not be bankrupt if he were in office. That money would have actually been reserved for situations like this and would have been directly allocated to folks on the ground. And I think you would see a business speed coming from the federal government with President Trump in command, rather than a bureaucratic speed, which is what we see happening right now because nobody knows who's in charge, and it's Kamala Harris and Jew Biden aren't charge, will their two career politicians who haven't gotten anything done in the private sector in their entire life. President Trump wants to run the government like a business, and that means you get results, you propose solutions quickly, and.
Speaker 7: You get it done.
Speaker 8: And we saw him do that in various instances throughout his first term and that's what would have happened in this situation now. And it's so unfortunate we don't have people like him in charge who are quick minded and come up with solutions, creative solutions as well. And I'm sure there you know, in that moment, there would have been various other creative ideas. President Trump and his his team would have come up with to solve this problem. But I mean just acting with with urgency would have been the first major difference, and I think it would have probably saved lives. And you know, it's so sad to say, and we pray to God that the death count doesn't continue to rise. But unfortunately, I think you know this crisis, we don't even know how badly, how bad it really is yet. Then it's because our government has been so slow to respond.
Speaker 1: And I'll give that, like I'll give him leeway. You're dealing with a footprint of eight hundred miles. We had deaths in Ash County, which is the far north I guess northwest top corner all the way down to Charlotte, which borders South Carolina. This is an immense undertaking, and so like there's gonna be mistakes made, but I don't feel I hope that I'm wrong. It's what I would say to you, Caroline, is I want this to be all right. Well, the folks were exaggerating and we did save lives, but I don't know if that'll be the case. Last question I got about a minute. He goes back to Butler. I've noticed and I pointed this out to a couple of people. I feel like Trump has like he's his mindset has changed since what happened for the better. I think that he's very reflective on what happened. Yet he took that stage with Elon. By the way, give me some of what Elon's on. How did that event go? And I saw eight nine million people watching. That's amazing in the middle of football.
Speaker 8: Yeah, nine million people watching on the live stream. About one hundred thousand people showed up in Butler, Pennsylvania, and it was just such a moving event.
Speaker 9: It was more than a rally.
Speaker 8: Our team, I have to give it to them, put on a world class event. You had, you know, singers at the end singing Hallelujah and opera. You had ahead of the event, just an amazing lineup of speakers of folks who were there on the ground at the first rally. You had the nurse who actually cared for President Trump in the hospital speaking about.
Speaker 9: Him in that moment, which I thought was.
Speaker 8: Incredibly moving and really shows the human side of President Trump that I see every day working for him and that those that.
Speaker 6: Know him know is so true.
Speaker 8: So it was just an amazing, amazing event. I think it brought new memories to the people of Butler who really need them. They have this tragic situation dumped on them, no fault of their own. And we love Pennsylvania. President Trump's going to be there quite a bit between now and November.
Speaker 1: Last question, did they have secret service on that very same roof?
Speaker 8: They sure did, and water tala everywhere. Yep, there were snipers all around us.
Speaker 1: Oh it's crazy because I thought, you know the slope all right, Well, we'll have to get in. That's some other time. Carolina. I love it from the Trump campaign. Thank you so much. I appreciate it this morning.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Take care.
Speaker 1: All right, and let's grab raced agent from the Weather Channel. All right, So she actually mentioned that in her interview. So let's talk about the impending storm. What does that meaning for North Carolina and obviously Sarah friends in Florida.
Speaker 10: Friends in Florida.
Speaker 1: First Mine, I'm just gonna let you know I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no problem, No, probably more bad things. I mean, we're at one twenty five right now, forecast to get stronger, maybe a Cat four serge wind. Obviously some of the places that were hit by Heleen, but not all of them, there will be some new places. Right now, they've got the center going across Sarasota as a Cat three, maybe stronger than that. So again, folks in Florida certainly hunkering down for to Carolina's We're a good shape sunny week. Warmest day today will be close to eighties, seventies the rest of the week. No rain in sight. Some concern with a jog further toward the north that we'll have to worry a little bit more about the southeast coast beaches and Carolina South Carolin Line, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll see as.
Speaker 10: The outer edge of the cone is close, and if that track goes further toward the west, we may have maybe some impacts for us some of the beaches.
Speaker 1: So'll keep an eye on that too. Okay, all right, thanks sir, appreciate it. We'll come back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang on, well, good morning.
Speaker 12: Case. The news that more than a quarter of a million jobs were added in September gave stocks an ice boost on Friday, but investors thinking may have changed over the weekend. Job creation last month was so strong and so broad based that economists say it's unlikely the federal reserve will go for another jumbo interest rate cut when policymakers meet next month. Experts say that if rates are cut in November, it will likely be by a quarter point. So the futures are lower across the board. This morning, S and P futures down twenty one, Nasdaq futures down ninety five, the Dow futures are down one hundred and fifty four. We get the Conference Board's Employment Trends index later this morning. It could offer clues to whether job growth will remain strong through the rest of the year. Negotiators for Boeing and its largest union will resume contract talks today. A federal mediator has set up a meeting at a Seattle hotel. That strike by thirty three thousand Boeing machinists is entering its fourth week. Tax refund checks have become a popular target for male thieves. Millions of dollars worth of checks from the Internal Revenue Service have been stolen. One representative told The Wall Street Journal her office alone has received more than for a correction, more than two hundred reports about stolen checks. In many cases, replacement checks issued by the IRS have been stolen as well, and the case, Americans don't like talking about finances, people are more likely to open up about their preferences in the presidential election. A new survey by Bankrate says people are more more wary of money talk than politics or religion.
Speaker 1: Just thirty eight percent.
Speaker 12: Of the people polled said they were comfortable talking about their bank account balances, even with family and close friends.
Speaker 1: Casey, yeah, none of their business, all right, So thank you very much, Jeff, I appreciate it. Okay, take care, there you go, Jeff Bellinger. I real quick, I'm gonna try to cobble together two stories. One of the things I found interesting over the weekend is CNN ran a piece about the absolute rampant fraud that took place in Minnesota under Walls and the COVID funds. In fact, it had the nation's largest fraud scheme as a percentage of received funds, and it's not even close. The absolute lack of oversight. And you couple that with SNL finally deciding to dig in kind of on Kamala but in the form of Tim Walls. They did show her rapidly drinking wine during the skit, but basically the skit was her and Doug Emhoff her husband sitting there and watching the vice presidential debate and then just reacting to what they saw. And you know what it was. It was what SNL should be doing this whole time. It was pretty damn funny. First and foremost, the part where he said he was at Tieneman Square during you know, the whole tank incident. He wasn't. And this this is how SNL played that out, Jane.
Speaker 5: But let's move on, Governor Walls. You claimed you were in Hong Kong during the nineteen eighty nine tenam And Square massacre when you were home in Minnesota. Can you explain that?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: I think what happened is I went to epcop.
Speaker 7: Around the whole world, and I had a couple in the Germany section, and I thought I went to China.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm a knucklehead, all right, So you know, maybe it's not as aggressive as you want, but you know, frankly, that's the way that they should be playing this stuff. All right, One more this on the school shooter thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's out there, he's doing this thing, whatever that may be.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, just relax. You know, you haven't had a night off in three months.
Speaker 10: Do you want to watch something less stressful, like the Menandez Brothers show